Speaker 1: Sandy Show is brought to you by our bank. Transitioning to our bank is just a click away at www dot r dot bank. Remember fdi C. JV's back to join us again. So while JV's here, it's the JV and Sandy Show.
Speaker 2: Thanks for being with us. We do appreciate it.
Speaker 1: And JB, I want to tell you about something. Tricia was with me when we saw it. We saw something that everybody has done, but they quit doing it, especially boys. When you were a kid, you probably tried to do this and you failed at it. And we found the guy that stuck with it, and it's now mastered.
Speaker 2: It mastered, it mastered. Okay, sure where this is going?
Speaker 1: So I think that when every every little boy at some point in their life tried to launch a rocket, right, they tried a little model kit rocket.
Speaker 3: That they got a cute dollars right, yeah, put it together.
Speaker 1: They got all excited and tried to launch it and realized it was a big rip off, right, or they did something wrong.
Speaker 4: It was like out of the back of a magazine kind of thing.
Speaker 2: Right now to the sea monkeys and.
Speaker 3: The anticipation of I've painted it, I'm taking it out here, setting it up on the ground, only to launch it and explode.
Speaker 1: Nothing happened on the launch pad. Well, we found the guy that's stuck with it. So Tricia and I have started walking every day on this on a trail in Cedar Park and outside.
Speaker 2: That's cute. We don't hold hands. I'm impressed.
Speaker 1: I never thought we would be doing that together, but we've been pretty consistent at it.
Speaker 2: How long do we walk? Like forty minutes?
Speaker 3: Yeah, and but please know JB two that Sandy was like, yeah. The second we hit that trail, Trisha starts talking and never stopped.
Speaker 2: So apparently Sandy would prefer that we walk in silence. Back to rocket guy, my best.
Speaker 1: So there's this there's a big there's soccer fields before you get to the trail. There's there's baseball fields and stuff up and those they're used a lot, and one guy has decided to use it to launch his rockets. Okay, we're just starting out our walk and we heard the first like.
Speaker 2: Is this legal? What's the difference between that and a firework which is not? I don't know, but we heard it and everybody stops.
Speaker 1: This guy is probably in his mid forties, yeah, maybe fifties. And he's out there, legit launching rockets.
Speaker 2: Just him, no children, just him, that.
Speaker 1: A scout uniform on, no nothing. He's out there launching rockets.
Speaker 2: And the thing is is it's working there.
Speaker 3: What you shooting up in the air and then a little parachute brings them down. He knows exactly where they're going to land. He's mastered it.
Speaker 2: He what do you got, Jimmy?
Speaker 4: I just was like, there's got I was looking at there's organizations for this, like like like it's like am radio operators, you know, like the clubs.
Speaker 2: There's gotta be there's got.
Speaker 3: To stopped and watched it, and then when it landed, I clapped and he looked at me and I was like, comes up, because I've never seen it successfully done before.
Speaker 4: He got elon Musk doing it on a completely level.
Speaker 1: He had to start somewhere though, right, he had to start. So this guy was good his rockets and he's out there shoper well four or five of them off. One of them went so high we couldn't see it for a while.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but he retrieves them as well.
Speaker 1: That's the interesting thing. So we were watching them coming down and he had landed all three or four five of them within a ten foot circle. Yeah, I landed him all in the same spot. He's clearly doing the math on the wind and all that stuff. The trajectory, yeah, trajectories. But it got me to thinking of stuff that you did as a kid that you still love. And I honestly don't know why he came to come up with one.
Speaker 3: I mean, I I'm watching TV. I'm really good at.
Speaker 2: That extra friendly relations No, I meant.
Speaker 3: Legitimately watching TV. What I mean that one. I didn't do that kind of TV watching as a kid.
Speaker 1: Now I brought one up that I wanted to do, and Tricia mocked me, and I never did.
Speaker 2: My job is to mock you on all things I wanted to get, like put together model airplanes.
Speaker 4: Hey, there are still people adults into that model airplanes, model cars and stuff TV.
Speaker 5: But think about Sandy, his big giant, beefy hands trying to control those teeny tiny little pieces and.
Speaker 2: Instruments we shipping a bottle.
Speaker 4: I never thought about it, his big oven mit hands trying to do little delicate But that's the challenge, right, Yeah, Yeah.
Speaker 2: I have to get it. I can do it with these mickey mouse fingers.
Speaker 1: As I pull over my my light and magnifying state end so I can see what's going on.
Speaker 3: Oh, I think you should have the glasses that have little magnifiers attached to the lenses.
Speaker 1: I've always wanted to try those on when I've had something that, like the dentist uses them.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's like, can I just see what that looks like with those? It'd be kind of cool. Well, how assessed for you as a kid with the telescope?
Speaker 6: Oh yeah, right yeah, And it's like, now you just if you have when you're just that creepy guy staring at your neighbors right especially, you know what.
Speaker 1: We should go out next time Rocketman's there and set up a telescope right.
Speaker 2: Next to it. I just don't say anything. Yeah, they'll say anything, like you want to get in on, you want to come over here? Sell some bals of wood airplanes? Oh those were fun though, weren't they.
Speaker 4: Those that was a lot of mileage for like a ninety nine cents pretty much is what it was.
Speaker 1: Yeah, if you had to replace the rubber band, that was tough. Did you have the one when you wound the propeller wound the rubber band?
Speaker 2: Occasions I got the nice.
Speaker 3: My cousin lit ours on fire, and then do you all lit everything on fire?
Speaker 2: You know?
Speaker 4: I never had I never had the rocket thing, but I did get for a Christmas present one year and then never got to use it. And it was in a similar vein. Do you remember how they were? They were gas powered planes, but they're on a string with a handle and you would spin around in circles.
Speaker 2: You would start out and.
Speaker 4: Then it would lift and then you rotate and it's on a string and you kind of do your hands up and down to do the rudder right basically or something.
Speaker 2: I don't know. I don't remember that. Well. I got one because I really wanted one.
Speaker 4: I got one for Christmas and at the time, like you probably never even heard me mention. All the years I've known you, Sandy, thirty years, you'd never mentioned heard me mention a step brother. No, okay, really I had when my mom remarried. I had two older step brothers and stepsisters, but they were way older, oh way, way way way older, so I never live with him or anything like they had kids by the time we came around.
Speaker 2: Okay, anyway, one of.
Speaker 4: My step brothers at the time that sounds weird to say that. He was like, yeah, let me go help you fly the thing, and he he does it first.
Speaker 2: I just got I'm probably I'm nine years old.
Speaker 4: And he goes around and gets it started, it's going, and then he lifts it up, stalls it out and crashes. I mean he never got to use the thing. He was going to show you how right, He's going to show me how to do it. You can't do this, kid, and I'm gonna show you how to do it.
Speaker 2: Oh crash.
Speaker 4: The damn thing didn't replace it for me. I mean, they couldn't have been that expensive. We didn't have much money, so there's no way it was very expensive that I never got to fly the Thing's.
Speaker 2: Sad for a little small JB that go ahead.
Speaker 4: I could have been the future Elon Musk. I just failed right out of the gate. JB's with us today.
Speaker 1: We appreciate him taking the time to do it, and make sure you grab the Sandy Show podcast where you get your podcast. We'll take a quick break. JV's gonna be hanging with us for a little bit, so stick around. We've got more coming up on one oh three point one. Austin's eighty station and streaming on the iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 2: It's the Sandy Show and.
Speaker 1: We are thrilled about our partnership with our bank and encourage you to find out how our bank can help you. Go to www dot or dot bank member fdi s all right, it's the JB and Sandy Show for as long as JB is with us. And by the way, JB hats off to you. Our are download numbers on the podcast skyrocket when you are on. Our social media numbers skyrocket when JB is on, and I would like to think maybe our ratings probably do too. So those are all great indicter So thank you very much. That is what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: People are People are nostalgic. I guess right.
Speaker 1: Nostalgic are just looking for some decent radio.
Speaker 2: I mean, it's it's pretty gross out there, right, Yeah. It is.
Speaker 1: Something that every I've always gotten a kick out of. Is JB is I don't know if it's an impulse buyer, a beer buyer, but JB, you'll buy stuff. And one of my favorite stories is we just JB basically Instagram got him again. He's going to tell us what he got what Instagram got him with in a minute. But one of my favorite stories is one day JB and I were having lunch and you got a phone call from his wife and Aaron said to him, Hey, a crate just showed up in the driveway. Were you expecting something? They was like, oh, I forgot to tell Aaron about that. And it was a It was, if I remember, he serves me correctly, a classic Italian Vespa scooter.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it was a nineteen fifty six Vespa that I sort of forgot.
Speaker 2: I bought on you over a few cocktails. I got caught up in bidding water and.
Speaker 4: Totally forgot about it, Like completely forgot about it because you'd ordered it weeks before, right there, just tons of time you forget.
Speaker 2: So with that is a setup. JB.
Speaker 7: Tell us how Instagram got you again, Well, I told you last week. They got me with the grounding, Matt. It's actually sitting under my desk right now, My feet are on it. You plug it into the little ground plug on your outlet, and it's supposed to mimic you know, the frequencies of the earth. You know, you probably heard how you're supposed to get out barefoot in the grass every day and it connects frequencies.
Speaker 2: So I didn't. I don't know if it's done anything, but I'm doing it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you're not necessarily like, oh my god, I feel completely different.
Speaker 2: Yeah, these are all These are all micro gains. That's what I call it. I use your grounding, padding your sauna.
Speaker 4: Yeah yeah you could. I think you could. So here's the dumbest one that got me lately. Oh my god, this is this is embarrassing.
Speaker 2: It's even better. It's even better if it's embarrassing. All I got to take my headphones off.
Speaker 4: Okay, So for those of you who might be watching for whatever reason, I look like I have somewhat of a head of hair left, you.
Speaker 2: Know, but it's not great. Now if I lean with it down, can you see that?
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, it'll going on the top right, Yeah, it's going.
Speaker 2: So here's what I bought. I bought this hat. Yeah that's a good That's a good solution to a.
Speaker 1: Hair problem, isn't it. But there's a cord hanging from my hat. I got to hear about this.
Speaker 4: And I turn it on and it's red light therapy on my head. You're gotta be kidding, men. It up to level five.
Speaker 2: It's a strobe.
Speaker 1: It's strobe lights, will stop, JB, it's strobe red strobe lights? Yeah, onto his head through a plain black ball cap.
Speaker 2: Dude, So I'm ground.
Speaker 4: I'm grounding my veins on my feet and growing hair on my head.
Speaker 2: This hat is ridiculous.
Speaker 1: This is like something you would see in the Sharper Image catalog from nineteen ninety seven.
Speaker 2: Okay, so what I love Sharper Image. By the way, Oh my god, are they still around? I don't think so.
Speaker 1: Yeah, what that reminds me of a I'll tell us this story in a second. But Jabie, what was going through your head to buy this red.
Speaker 4: They it's their algorithm. They've clearly identified me. As you know, I'll buy anything.
Speaker 2: That's what they do.
Speaker 3: That's the algorithm.
Speaker 4: It's funny once you watch something for too long, man, they're all over you.
Speaker 2: This just happens fast.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you can't linger too long on an ad because then they're like, we got to get them.
Speaker 2: How long have you been doing it? Not long? Not very long.
Speaker 4: I think I've not seen any miraculous hair growth gains. I think I'm losing the battle. But it was too yet, it's too yet, too soon to identifying whether this works.
Speaker 1: If they could reverse engineer this thing and make like a best that takes hair off of you. Oh, the algorithm gets you with that one for back hair.
Speaker 2: I'm in. You need a body suit, yeah, a full Yeah.
Speaker 4: I had mind waxed a couple of weeks ago. I've never had back air until the last couple of years.
Speaker 2: And you got it. It's over quick. It's over quick. But if you want to go do it to.
Speaker 4: My wife turned me onto this wax chick and she's smoking hot.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 4: I'm thinking of some more creative areas that need hair removal.
Speaker 2: Now, careful, be careful. It could be embarrassing. What I've told Sandy.
Speaker 3: He's like, it would hurt so bad on your back, And I was like, take a minute and think about where chicks get there.
Speaker 2: I mean, guys, do other.
Speaker 3: Places we get waxed? If we can handle that, you can handle.
Speaker 2: It's over so quick, it's not bad. I'm interested, recommended. And didn she tell you how long it would stay away? Well, apparently every time you take that hat off, I can't. I can't do it.
Speaker 3: He takes it off and he hears hairs all.
Speaker 2: Funny.
Speaker 4: Now that I think about it, how I'm so adamant that I don't want hair in some areas, and adamant that I.
Speaker 2: Join as I can relate, like if you could.
Speaker 4: Just put me in a giant salad spinner, it would all sort out.
Speaker 2: Oh that's good.
Speaker 1: I'm sorry I interrupted you about the backwax And how long did she say it would take?
Speaker 2: I would stay away.
Speaker 4: I think you do it like you know, you know, once a month or so, because you have to let it grow for something to grab. But every time you do it, it becomes less and less and least apparently like.
Speaker 2: A normal hair growth cycle.
Speaker 1: I've got plenty to grab. Yeah, I tell you that for free. So real quick story. JB mentioned Sharper Image, by the way, for just joining us. It's the JB and Sandy Show. JB my longtime radio partner, my friend sitting in this again like you did that last week. And it's always fun because JB and I have such a history together and we've got a lot of stories. And one of my favorite stories is JB mentioned a little bit that he loves Sharper Image, right, and so he had ordered we're talking mid nineties here, Sharper Image came out with this little tiny voice recorder that you pushed a button and you talked into it, and it saved your ideas, your thoughts, your list, and you could put it in different categories and stuff. So one day JB and I are driving on seventy one going towards Spicewood. Okay, we're out there where it's all developed now, but back in nineteen ninety six there wasn't a whole lot out there. I'm driving, We're in my truck. We're driving along, just kind of cruising. JB hadn't said anything for a while. He reaches into his short pocket, pulls out his voice recorder and he goes Spicewood, Texas good place to get rid of a body, and then put it back in his Pockety still a.
Speaker 2: Good place to get rid of a body.
Speaker 3: Oh, he's always thinking, it's very very funny.
Speaker 2: It killed me.
Speaker 1: Well, I think, good luck with your grinding, Matt, your your red light hat.
Speaker 2: Don't get a mixed up. I'm searching for the fountain youth.
Speaker 1: Oh say, it's been going on for a long time, Tricia, congratulations, you got the line of the bit though. Oh yeah, the algorithm has identified JB. As a guy that will buy anything say with this, we've got more coming up. It's October in Central Texas and I've got some great exciting news for my friends at Kangaroof, Scott and Stacy Feller.
Speaker 2: They're great people.
Speaker 1: They've been serving our part of the world for more than twenty years and they are committed to giving back to the community and they're really put in their money where their mouth is. For all of October, Kingaroof is making a real difference for the Big Pink Bus and the fight against breast cancer. Kangaroof is donating one hundred and fifty dollars for every roof replacement and fifty dollars for every roof repair, and much much more. That means a great roof and peace of mind for you and some real meaningful support to the Big Pink Bus. And you know, there are plenty of other reasons to think about your roof right now. It's storm season and prices won't get any lower if you have existing damage, Waiting can only make it worse. So next time you need a roof, call my friend Scott and Stacy. You know Halloween's coming, and you know with kangaroof you can always count on all treats and no tricks. You can find them online at call kangaroof dot com. That's called kangaroof dot Com. It's the JV and Sandy Show. And I've got a question for JB. Going back. I don't know, maybe a month or so. JB was on with us and he told us that he was gonna get a sauna and it's one that goes in the backyard. They kind of like it look like a big whiskey barrel, right.
Speaker 4: I ended up going with one the barrel style ones that it's like a picture a big whiskey barrel on its side. We're like four to six people. I was going to get that.
Speaker 2: We opted to get one that's more of a modernist cube shape.
Speaker 7: Okay, it's finish, Oh of course it is.
Speaker 2: But I got questions I got.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's funny you bring that up. I just got an email today that it is shipped. Oh so you're timing because it takes two people to build.
Speaker 1: You want some help. I can be I can lift heavy things and do what I'm told. When it comes to building things.
Speaker 2: You're you're better at the knocking down of things very much. So I'm lary if that's more of a demo guy that instruction sons are huge right now?
Speaker 4: Oh yeah there, yeah, I know, and I'm on the bandwagon. If you want to make fun of me, that's totally cool. I get it, uh, and would motivate me to get one one. We we started using it, my wife and my daughter. My daughter's twenty two now, and I was reading all these health benefits of hot and cold therapies. So I also got a cold plunge. Yes, I'm one of those trendy cold plunge people, but my daughter uses that way more than I do. But we we got this membership at a you know, one of those franchises where you can go in and do sauna and cry o and all these different kinds of therapies. And we realized we were going, you know, maybe twice a week at best, and it was costing for the three of us six hundred dollars a month. Woah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they're proud of.
Speaker 4: It, right, And so I figured, oh, if I do interest tree interest free financing on a backyard sauna and a cold plunge, I'll be spending about the same and then I'll own it all in a couple of years. So that's what I did, and it does work out to about that and it'll be here in like a week, I think.
Speaker 2: I don't know, I'm kind of is it coming from Finland? I don't think. So. I got a marketing plan.
Speaker 1: I got questions about sauna and sauna rules for example, For example, would you ever call up a buddy and go, hey, go over and sit in the song?
Speaker 3: Like at any point of saying you're going to go, I'm going over to JBS, We're going to send this on what should I expect that.
Speaker 2: One of the rules.
Speaker 1: There a couple friends that you you know, that instead of going out to have dinner, you say, hey, how about sauna night?
Speaker 2: It sounds dirty. It just automatically sounds dirty. You know what?
Speaker 4: This is very much starting to sound like the beginning of swinging.
Speaker 2: It's a swinger sauna.
Speaker 4: It does have that invite uh to it? Yeah, I didn't think of it. I was just to get my wife's in my nude. I didn't getting others.
Speaker 2: I can think about doing it to other people.
Speaker 1: The neighbors are probably like, huh, the Hagarsna couple.
Speaker 3: They might think, y'all are sending out the vibe when they see that sauna going up in the backyard.
Speaker 4: Oh man, not, maybe you should we should move to Steiner Ranch. What do you think get your central.
Speaker 1: Yeah, get you up some pineapples and send out the vibe.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Wow. Hey, the word game.
Speaker 5: I mean, that's a whole nother use for your your little sauna.
Speaker 1: They didn't even think about maybe you could rent it out to other swingers.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah.
Speaker 4: One week in into it and my wife comes home from work and there's like twenty fifty something people out.
Speaker 2: There standing in line with.
Speaker 4: Theirs, just milling around, waiting for their eight minutes in the sauna.
Speaker 2: Wait, you pay for it even faster that way, Jabe. I'm kind of embarrassed. I'm getting a sauna.
Speaker 5: Now we're ruined it for him seeing do you make everything dirty?
Speaker 2: He doesn't simple questions about it. I didn't. I don't know sauna etiquette.
Speaker 1: I wouldn't know sauna etiquette if I had a membership at a sauna place.
Speaker 2: I don't.
Speaker 4: Well, even when we went to the sauna place, she didn't get in there with other people.
Speaker 2: Oh okay, that was kind of a good word. My question, my my my wife and I would do it together. Yeah, yeah, you didn't. It wasn't just open.
Speaker 3: There's actually a list of rules for using a sauna.
Speaker 2: I just found. I'm talking about unwritten rules.
Speaker 1: I mean, I mean, like, like I know those rules take a shower before and take a shower. I don't you know if you have heart problems blah blah blah blah.
Speaker 2: Pick up your band aids when you leave it.
Speaker 3: Just say shower before you go in. I didn't know that people wh use saunas were called bathers. It says be respectful to other bathers. Yeah, that makes it weirder. You're a bather, So that was okay.
Speaker 1: That was kind of my question. Is there other people in there? Do you go and naked? Do you guys chat while you're in the sauna or is it like.
Speaker 2: A urinal type role it like, I don't know, I don't have it yet. God, sorry for covering them. Curious people. Give me a month. Give me a month.