Speaker 1: Brand new for twenty twenty five, a new Balfang UV seven Bravo. It is a Triband radio and after putting the battery on with this little screw in the back here and sent in it all down, it looks like it's waterproof and IP sixty seven rated.
Speaker 2: I think it is.
Speaker 1: We're going to take a look at it right now, okay, UV seven Bravo. This is a brand new radio. It came out a few months ago. It's not brand brand new, but it is new for twenty twenty five. And of course I love doing the Balfang videos because these are always real popular. You guys always really like those. We're going to test this radio today. I'm gonna put it on the tiny Esa. We're gonna do some spectral purity testing, and i'm gonna put it behind me here on the Antellotron power meter and we're gonna do some power testing. The first thing I noticed about it, besides the battery, I mentioned the battery right here. There's a USBC port right there, and this once the battery kind of sinks down in there, you tighten it down with a flathead screwdriver and it really seals it along the edges here, so that's really good.
Speaker 2: Put your belt clip right here.
Speaker 1: You can attach it right here with these screws right there, and that will attach to the radio body itself, not to the battery. So you can change out batteries and have multiple batteries, but all use the same belt clip on the radio.
Speaker 2: That's good.
Speaker 1: And of course the charging port is on the USBC charging port, I should say, is on the battery itself, not on the radio. Look over here on the other side of the radio, there's a standwood kinwood K connector right there and a dual flashlight on the bottom there. That's always fun volume knob up down channels. This channel indicator right there is what changes channels up down right there, changes frequencies when in VFO mode. And you've got a single PTT on the side over there with an extra button on the side that will turn on the FM broadcast radio.
Speaker 2: So let's take a.
Speaker 1: Look at the overhead. This is the manual that you get. Pretty good manual really, it's a small text and kind of hard to read, but it'll tell you everything that you want to know right there, pretty well written for Chinese radio menu, not bad there at all. So this is once again single PTT here. This turns on the FM broadcast radio right there. Hit that button again, it turns it off. It does transmit this one. Well, that's the menu right there. Okay, So this one right here, this blue button right here switches between the top and the bottom band. Okay, there's probably buzzing in the KC five HBB. There's probably buzzing the microphone. Lack y up, that's just a standard thing. Because I'm transmitting right next to my microphone here. It will transmit on two two four dot five KC five HBB testing. Actually the calling frequency is two two three dot five right there, KC five HWB testing. So we're gonna test that in a minute. We're gonna put it on the meter and see how much output power does. And I might put that on the tiny Esa as well. Again, standard Kinwood K connector USBC port on the battery back here, dual flashlight on the bottom, so it's always fun. And then this radio has Bluetooth that will allow you to program the radio with BLUETOOTHS. And when we go over here to Balfang's website, Okay, this is where I bought this radio on Amazon. Okay, so I'm gonna share a link in the description blow on Amazon, but Balfang radio dot Com. A lot of the times I will talk about a Balfang radio, a new model that maybe is not as well known or nobody's heard of yet, and they'll be like, no, this is a copy. It's not a real thing. If you go to balfang radio dot com, that's their official website, and if you find the model there, then you know it's a real thing. There's a difference between the five RM and the RM five I think it is. And I asked them about that one time and they're like, the five rms rs one of them. I don't remember which one it was right now, I have the email from them. They said, one of them are they're both ours, but one of them was made for specific customer. So one of them we sell on our website and one of them the specific customer selles. I'm like, okay, so they're both basically the same radio. But if we go over here and look at balfangradio dot com, you can see the app is right there pictured on the smartphone, and then it's got one review with a one star rating, and if you click down here onto this review. It's set fifteen minutes ago. This review was left today. Great, this app is a real mess. It throws all my previous settings out and messes up the radio. Really Balfang, what a mess. So the only review on this radio is about the app. Okay, this is actually and I could see that. Okay, if the app is terrible, I don't know. I am not going to download and install the app today. This is the same app I believe that works with the UV five R Mini that we just reviewed and a lot of the newer Balfang radios. In fact, there's a shot of the UV thirty two right there, So that's another Balfang that I have that I'm gonna be making a video about really soon. That one of the right over there, the UV thirty two, kind of like a Motorola copy or that other radio I did a while back, something like that. So I probably will do an video about the app itself and see. But this app is supposedly works for multiple radios, and this one bad review I've read about it is that really the only thing I've ever heard about it. I haven't really heard much about that app at all. So let's put it on the tiny essay and see what we can see. All right, we set up the tiny essay, I'll show you what settings I used in a second one forty six up five to two.
Speaker 2: Right now now, I did.
Speaker 1: A and you can see at the top of the tiny SA screen right there, it's coming up at one forty six stop five. I did a purity test on the UV five R Mini and I was pleasantly surprised that it was pretty clean. This one does not look like it is the same thing. I'm gonna let go of it and reset just for the heck of it. But we did a test a while back on the five RM, the one I mentioned the model I mentioned a minute ago, and it was really dirty. So bwfang seems to be kind of hit or miss on radios. This one right here. Being a try band, I was kind of hoping it'd be cleaner, but so far does not look like it's great. You've got a second harmonic popping up right there around four hundred and thirty nine megahurts, so that's even within the amateur radio band.
Speaker 2: Pretty bad.
Speaker 1: Got a fourth harmonic right there, popping up somewhere around five hundred and ninety mega hurts something like that. So yeah, not the cleanest signal in the world. Okay, disappointing, but okay, let's try the two twenty band. I wonder how clean it is there. So we're gonna go here, and we're gonna go to measure harmonic and I'm gonna change it to two two three dot five mega hurts. Enter it again, and I'm gonna go back in here and choose level and say ext gain of minus forty times one, And now we're gonna key up on two two three dot five, which is the bottom band on the radio right now. Okay, freaked out on me a little bit at first, but then it cleaned up two two three dot five right there. There's a little dip right there on the just to the right of it, but it's not actually reading a harmonic so okay, we're not on an offset. The radio's on the correct frequency, so we're good there. Okay, cleaner on two twenty than it is on two meeta. Okay, well good, okay, So let's check the four forty six band. Ah wait, let's do four four to six. You see all this information that popped up here, it's not transmitting right now, So Okay, once again, we're gonna go back and choose measure harmonic four four six dot mega hurtz, go back and choose level minus forty times one, and.
Speaker 2: There we go. Let it reset for forty six right there.
Speaker 1: Okay, there is an eighth harmonic up here. It says it's it like two point nine gigahertz, which is kind of what we saw with the UV five R Mini a while back as well. But that's a pretty clean signal on four forty. Okay, So I'm both disappointed and impressed at the same time because guess what I was looking forward to the fact that this was a tryband radio that incorporated the one point two five meter two twenty band and one of my favorite bands. So I'm gonna have to try to see what it sounds like on that band soon. But the kind of dirty on two meters two twenty and four to forty look pretty darn good. That tells me it's prob'll gonna be doing more power on two meters than the other two because it's probably pushing too much power. Let's put it over here on the inteletron meter and see what we can see. All right over here on the testing bench. Today's video is sponsored by Mesi and Poloni Coax, which is the coaxs we're about to plug into here. You can save it ten percent discount off of all of their tools, coacts, connectors and everything at the link in the description below with the coupon code of HR two cables. HR two cables get you ten percent off and thank you Messi and plenty for supporting this channel. Okay, one thing I did not show you yet. There are two power settings on this radio, high and low transmit power of high and low. We're gonna go into let's see radio said, we go into program channel and the second one down is transmit power high power and low power. So we're gonna leave it on high power. We're gonna go here to one forty six five to two, which is the national calling frequency that we should all be monitoring on a daily basis five watts.
Speaker 2: This is advertised as a five watt radio, so.
Speaker 1: To me that that's exactly where it should be. Okay, and now since I've got it on the bottom band, I'm just going to switch bands for forty six and make sure still on high power. Good on the bottom band, We're going to key that up three point two watts on four forty and I'm going to change two two three five zero zero. We're gonna still on high power in that bottom band right there, yep, just like that, and we're going to key that up.
Speaker 2: So four and a half four point three watts there.
Speaker 1: So about just over five watts on two meters, just over four watts on two twenty and about three and a half watts on four forty.
Speaker 2: So overall pretty decent.
Speaker 1: I mean something. I think I mentioned this earlier. I can't remember if I did now or not. This came with like this Nagoya style antenna. It does not look like a regular Balfang antenna. Looks like a Nagoya seven seven zero I think is it is seven to seveny one is the extended intenda the longer win. This looks like a standard Nagoya antenna.
Speaker 2: It's not marked.
Speaker 1: It doesn't say anything on the bottom of it. It says dual band one thirty six to one seventy four and four hundred and four eighty. It doesn't have a brand name on it, so who knows. Possibly all from the same factory in China.
Speaker 2: Who knows.
Speaker 1: But let's see if we can get somebody on the let's program a channel. I'm going to show you guys how to program a channel real quick, okay, So I.
Speaker 2: Put it in.
Speaker 1: We're in VFO mode for four to two dot nine there, and I'm gonna go to program channel here. Transit power. We're gonna leave that on high bandwidth should already be yea's wide. Okay, receive CTCSS, I'm gonna leave off. We're gonna turn on transmit CTCSS and we're gonna go to one ten dot nine, which is what this repeater is on right there, okay, And then I'm gonna go, oops, it took me back two menus okay, back in here. No encryption, signaling channel memory, busy lockout offset okay. So we're gonna say okay, and I'm gonna go back into it just to make sure, yep, Okay, it's still there. Offset is five mega hurts and direction is a plus.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 1: Now there we go. That's the channel right there. When I key up, it should key up four four seven dot nine hundred, and it is.
Speaker 2: And there you go, right there.
Speaker 1: It keeped it laying down on the while laying down flat on the desk, it keyed the repeater KC five HWB testing actually gets into it better at a horizontal configuration than a vertical configuration KC five hw B testing.
Speaker 2: And there you go. That sounds a little bit k.
Speaker 1: K LM and you're coming through good here.
Speaker 2: About eight by eight. What is that? Okay?
Speaker 1: I think it was KATE four JLM if I'm not mistaken.
Speaker 2: Thank you for the comeback.
Speaker 1: I'm testing a new HT here from my home in Grapevine.
Speaker 2: Just wanted to see what it was. Sounded like, kjell and you're done real good right there. You old pitstetic but still completely readable.
Speaker 1: So it sounds like a.
Speaker 2: Really good HD.
Speaker 1: I don't know why it works better horizontally though, It's just something about the electronics in this building.
Speaker 2: Okay, appreciate that. Thanks for the comeback. In seventy three k C five hw and there it is right there.
Speaker 1: So that is the bellfang UV seven Bravo and sounds good, good clean audio on transmit and pretty decent audio with all the electronics around here in the hamshrack. So I'll leave a link to this in the description below. You guys, let me know have you seen this radio yet. I've not seen any videos on YouTube about it, but it came across I subscribed to the balfang radio dot com emails and it came across my feed. I don't know a couple of months ago. I should have made this video before now, but I really haven't heard much about it, and I was interested in it because it was triband so far, so good. A little bit of a dirty signal on two meters. But has anyone seen this? What do you think about it? If so, let me know in the comments below. And if you did like this video, check out these videos over here because YouTube thinks you want to watch those next seventy three guys.
Speaker 2: We'll catch you next time.