Speaker 1: Hey, welcome back to the Michael Cohen Show. We were on our journey to two hundred and fifty thousand subscribers, and guess what, We're almost there thanks to you, So hit the subscribe button and share with a friend. Now. Yesterday, Kamala Hiris did a really brave thing, something that Von shitzen Pants aka Donald J. Trump certainly would not do. He refused to go on sixty minutes. He only does interviews with newsmax Oaan or Fox News. She went on Fox News and she was being interviewed by Brett Baer. Oh, I actually know, and I thought that he was going to be respectful, all right, but of course he wasn't. He's playing into a party of one. And again that's Donald J. Trump. And we really need to watch these clips and we really need to discuss them, all right. So first let's watch this clip where Brett asks Kamala about Trump being as bad as she says that he is.
Speaker 2: Play that if he's as bad as you say that half of this country is now supporting this person who could be the forty seventh president of the United States. Why is that happening?
Speaker 3: This is an election for president of the United states. It's not supposed to be easy. I know, but it's not supposed to be It is not supposed.
Speaker 4: To be a king.
Speaker 2: Are they misguided?
Speaker 4: Are that stupid? What?
Speaker 1: God?
Speaker 3: I would never say that about the American people. And in fact, if you listen to Donald Trump, if you watch any of his rallies, he's the one who tends to demean and belittle and diminish the American people. He's the one who talks about an enemy within, an enemy within, talking about the American people, suggesting he would turn the American military on the American people.
Speaker 2: We asked that question to the former president. Today, Harris Faulkner had a town hall and this is how he responded.
Speaker 4: I heard about that they were saying. I was like threatening, I'm not threatening anybody. They're the ones doing they're threatening. They do phony investigations. I've been investigated more than Alphonse Capone. He was the greatest action. No, it's true, we don't but think of it. It's called weaponization of government is a terrible thing.
Speaker 3: So Brett, I'm sorry, and with all due respect, that clip was not what he has been saying about the enemy within that he has repeated when he's speaking about the American people. That's not what you just showed. He was asking, No, no, no, that's not what you just showed. In all fairness and respect to you, the question that we asked him, he didn't show that. And here's the bottom line. He has repeated it many times. And you and I both know that. And you and I both know that. He has talked about turning the American military on the American people. He has talked about going after people who are engaged in peaceful protest. He has talked about locking people up because they disagree with him. This is a democracy and inner democracy.
Speaker 4: The president of.
Speaker 3: The and I states in the United States of America should be willing to be able to handle criticism without saying he'd lock people up for doing it. And this is what is at stake, which is why you have someone like the former Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff saying what Mark Milly has said about Donald Trump being a threat to the United States of America.
Speaker 2: He's quoted in the Bob Woodward book that way. Yes, let me ask whoa.
Speaker 1: I mean, there's so much that's wrong here. First and foremost, let me be very clear, all right, Brent behar is an asshole, plain and simple. What he was looking to do in the early parts, first of all, by over talking her. You have somebody on your show, you treat them with respect. I don't care if they oppose your view. I get it. What he was doing, he was trying to be the savior of Donald Trump. He was trying to get out of Kamala Harris and answer, yeah, I think they're stupid. I do. I think anybody that votes for Donald Trump, and I'm going to say it right here and right now, anyone that votes for Donald Trump in twenty twenty four, yes, is stupid and doesn't care about democracy. But she can't say that she's running for the presidency of the United States. He was trying to get her to say something that could be compared to let's say, when Hillary Clinton called, you know, Republicans deplorable, all right, deplorables. That's what he was trying to get, and he saw he wasn't getting. But then she beat the living piss out of him. No, no, we both know. See what she did there, You see what she did. What she did is she included him in her opinion. We all know that that's not what Trump said. How about the fact that they're taking a clip from right now where he was on with Faulkner, all right, and also a Fox News program, because again, that's only place he's going to go. It's where he feels comfortable that he can lie to the American people and get away with it. This is improper. And she called Brett bar out on it. Shame on him. He looked weak, he looked stupid, he looked contrite, and he just looked super pathetic. And you know what, so did Fox News. They did a horrible job in terms of being at least I don't even want to call them fair, right, they certainly weren't, but they were horrible in this debate. But good fa Kamala for standing up. That shows you strength. You think Trump has the ability to do that as soon as look he he jailed me, weaponized the Department of Justice. And that's not Michael Cohen saying it. That's Judge Alvin K. Hellerstein saying it. And you know what, tomorrow Tomorrow, on Friday, my case, the Michael Cohen versus the United States of America, goes before the Supreme Court in order to see whether they will take my wrint of Sir Shirai, so fingers crossed for that. Though I hate to say it, I don't have a lot of hope. Next, the interview got heeded, and why because he wouldn't let her speak. They just kept speaking over each other. You know, when his job is not to debate her. He is not running for shit, all right. He is an interviewer, a host on the TV show on Fox. You asked your you asked your question to your interviewee, all right, and you let them answer your question. And if you don't agree with something, then you ask what's called a follow up question. All right. She was so perfect, like a real prosecutor. Play this clip.
Speaker 3: Packed where American soldiers suffered traumatic brain injuries and Donald Trump dismissed them as headaches. Not to mention how Donald Trump has has treated and talked about America's military and military service people call.
Speaker 2: Losers has diminished significance over each other.
Speaker 3: I apologize, and I would like that we would have a conversation that is grounded in full assessment of the facts, which includes I think this interview is supposed to be about the choice is that your viewers should be presented about this election and the contrast is important, Yes, ma'am.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Where he turns around, he says, we're talking on each other. I apologize. No he doesn't. No, he doesn't. He's full of shit. He's trying to be or to show that he's being fair and respectful to his audience. But he was not, and he knew that he wasn't. He's not there to debate her. Okay, you wait for her to finish, and then you ask a follow up question. That's his job, not to be, not to be the debater. This is not This is not the forum for that, nor is he running for the position for that. Then she just had enough, And who didn't I was watching this thing. I wanted to jump through the screen and slap the guy. So she puts a foot down and she says, enough, bright, let me finish speaking, play this.
Speaker 3: Clip or any before the Bus Partisan Safety Communities Act. The first bill practically within hours of taking the oath, was a bill to fix our immigration system.
Speaker 4: This man.
Speaker 2: It was called the US Citizen Citizenship Act of twenty exactly twenty one. It was essentially half way a citizenship for.
Speaker 3: The finish man finished responding for you, but you have to let me finish.
Speaker 2: You had the White House and the House and the Senate, and they didn't bring.
Speaker 3: Up responding to the point you're raising, and I'd like to finish this man.
Speaker 1: We He cannot let her finish because she's driving home her point to his viewers. So he has to then weave out of it and start with other things. Nobody needed him to tell her the name of the act or the bill that they passed. She knows it better than he does. I mean, then of course he goes right back into it and he brings up the border bill. All right, but it's the border bill that Trump shot down. He's the one that, through Maga Mike Johnson contacted and said, I don't want that bill going to the for because it'll be a win for Joe Biden and the Democrats. Remember that with Senator Langworth who turned around, who is a staunch Republican, a conservative right and refused refused to allow that bill to hit the floor. Play that clip.
Speaker 2: President Clinton actually referred to Lake and Riley Sunday campaigning for You and Georgia, saying, if those men had been properly vetted, Laken Riley probably would not have been killed. So if it wouldn't have happened. This is well before any negotiation. This is well before Donald Trump got involved in the politics. This is a specific policy decision by your administration to release these men into the country.
Speaker 4: So what I'm saying to you, do you owe those family really? I think an apology.
Speaker 3: Let me just say, first of all, those are tragic cases. There's no question about that. There is no question about that. And I ca to imagine the pain that the families of those victims have experienced for a loss that should not have occurred. So that is true. It is also true that if a bord of security had actually been passed nine months ago, it would be nine months that we would have had more border agents at the border, more support for the folks who are working around the clock trying to hold it all together.
Speaker 2: Madam Vice President, to ensure that.
Speaker 3: No future harm would occur. And this election in twenty days will determine whether we have a president of the United States who actually cares more about fixing a problem, even if it is not to their political advantage in an election. Because there was a solution, Bret, Madam Vice President, it was.
Speaker 1: Yeah again, he's going to continue. He will never let her get her point across, because then Brett asked her about her concerns about both Trump and Biden. Play that clip.
Speaker 3: Joe Biden is not on the ballot. I understand Donald Trump, Donald Trump. We talked about it and Donald Trump George Clooney.
Speaker 2: So within a few minutes of talking to President Biden at a fundraiser that he thought, this was not the same Joe Biden that we saw on the debate.
Speaker 3: Staates Chuch is on the ballot.
Speaker 2: I understand you met with him at least once a week for three and a half years. You didn't have any concerns.
Speaker 3: I think the American people have a concern about Donald Trump, which is why the people who know him best, including leaders of our national security community, have all spoken out. Even people who worked for him in the Oval Office, worked with him in the situation room, and have said he is unfit and dangerous and should never be president of the United States again, including his former vice president, which is why the job was open for him to choose another running mate. So that is a fact.
Speaker 4: That is a fact.
Speaker 1: Matter. Yeah. Again, Brett Baer had worked with a whole slew of people to try to craft questions that He thought that they would get more sound bites in October Surprise, but he failed. And then she turns in and she goes, I'm not Joe Biden. I'm not Joe Biden, because he keeps going onto it. Right, why are you were attacking Joe Biden. He's not in the race anymore. He stepped out, and she's in play that clip.
Speaker 2: You're not Joe Biden, You're not Donald Trump. But but nothing comes to mind that you would do differently.
Speaker 3: Let me be very clear. My presidency will not be a continuation of Joe Biden's presidency. And like every new president that comes in to office, I will bring my life experiences, my professional experiences, and fresh and new ideas. I represent a new generation of leadership.
Speaker 1: Yeah. And finally, you know, right answer, right answer. Everybody comes in with different perspectives. They want her to mean Joe Biden. Could you imagine that? Why would she do that? They have a great relationship. Finally, finally, and lastly, bred asks her if she felt that she got to say everything about Trump that she wanted to in the interview. I don't understand how she could have said anything, considering he continuously interrupted her play that clip.
Speaker 2: And think differently matter, Vice President. They're wrapping me very hard here. I hope you got to say what she wanted to say about Donald Trump. There are a lot of things. There are a lot of things that people want to learn about you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, exactly. He wasn't giving her a chance anytime that she was on a roll, anytime that she was getting the message out. What did he do? He just cut her off. Horrible, horrible interviewer. Excellent job by Kamala Harrison's why I'm going to end this episode as I do all, make sure you go to vote dot org, make sure we vote up and down ballot Harris Walls twenty twenty four, and just make sure that you subscribe to this and share with a friend. We have less than three weeks to bring this home. Hey everyone, first of all, thanks for watching. I mean, we're gonna be posting daily episodes with reactions and talking about politics. We'll be talking about everything in fact, so please like and subscribe join us on this journey.