Speaker 1: It's with Dan Ray.
Speaker 2: I'm telling you Easy Boston's news radio.
Speaker 3: Well, the big story, in my opinion over the weekend had nothing to do with Donald Trump. Maybe it did, but it had ostensibly everything to do with Joe Biden, in which the Biden administration and I'm reading from an article out of the New York Times in the Boston Globe by Adam and Pois, Eric Schmidt and Julian Barnes dated November seventeenth, which was yesterday. President Biden has authorized the first use of US supplied long range missiles by Ukraine for strikes inside Russia. US official set the weapons are likely to be initially employed against Russian and North Korean troops in defense of Ukrainian forces in the Krusk region of Western Russia. The official set. Now, for those of you that have not been paying attention to this war now, which is getting very close to beginning, it's I forget. I mean, at this point could be well ending the third year. I'm heading into year four. I mean, how doesn't time fly? Mister Biden's decision is a major change in US policy. The choice of divided his advisors and his shift comes two months before President elect Donald J. Trump takes office having vowed to limit further support for Ukraine. So one of the issues that Donald Trump ran on, and one of the promises that he made is that he would end the war in Ukraine within twenty four hours. He said he might even end the war in Ukraine before he becomes president. Well, at least give him until you know he's president. Okay, this is really interesting. Clearly the bad guys here, without any question in my opinion, on the Russians, I mean, it's really not a close call. And they decided that they were going to invade Ukraine, they had to build up, and sure enough they did. And it has now been two years. It will soon be two years in February. Well, actually it's going to be three years. I've got to do the math here that I think we're coming up with the third anniversary of this this war. No one ever expected the Ukrainians to hold out now at tremendous costs. Okay, we've seen it. And the Russians now are are basically losing I'm told two or three, two to three thousand men a day. It's it's it's incredible. Yeah, we've gone by the one daymark. Of this war when you think about it. So we are heading towards the third anniversary of what has gone on now so much. Remember when it started, we thinking maybe a couple of weeks. Anyway, the decision by the president to send these long range missiles okay, is significant because it now puts the ball in Vladimir Putin's court. What is he going to do? First of all, there's ten thousand North Korean troops that are now working with the Russians. I mean, whoever would have imagined that? And the Ukrainians. The Ukrainian military has used drones to attack Moscow. Now again it's it's maybe the equivalent of a mosquito in terms of the strength. But that has shaken up Russia. The question is this wise certainly it's gonna maybe maybe help Ukraine turned the tide a little bit. But I mentioned earlier Archduke Franz Ferdinand Carl Ludwig Joseph Maria of Austria, that's his full name. He was shot to death on June twenty eighth of nineteen fourteen. This was when Austria and Hungary were joined his assassination in Sarajevo. In the minds of many people was the spark that started World War One. And of course, when World War One ended and you had the Treaty of Versailles, many people believe that that treaty basically planted the seeds for someone like Hitler to come along in Germany as Hitler did in the nineteen thirties and the Beaer Halls of Munich and encourage the Germans to rise up again. And of course, historically, I think all of us should remember that it was Stalin and Hitler who on September one, nineteen thirty nine, decided it would be just a swell idea to invade Poland from both the east and the west, which was the officials start of World War Two. So the question is the wisdom of what Joe Biden has done now with less than two months left in his presidency. My instinct is that probably Biden has wanted to do this for a long time, but many of his advisers had cautioned against it. The problem of this war will soon be inherited by Donald Trump. So I'm wondering, and if you think I'm crazy here, please tell me I'm crazy. I'm wondering if there might not have been a bit of a plot hatched between President Biden and former President Trump, and maybe during that two hours or so that they met behind closed doors at the White House, that they have formulated a a bad cop good good cop dynamic. We often talk about good cop bad cop, meaning you do something really stupid and the police. One police officer questions you and says, hey, look, you know what you did was stupid, but there's no reason for you to go to jail for this. You know, if you can help us out here and maybe point at some of the other folks you're involved in who who were much worse than you, we might be able to work a deal. And then he leaves it in comes the bad cop, and the bad cop sticks his finger and your nose is look punk, You're going down. You are going down no matter what. Then he leaves and the goody good cop comes back in. You know, I'm speaking here metaphorically, but is it possible that Joe Biden, in an effort to maybe end his presidency on a high note, has decided to say to Zelensky, Okay, the missiles are yours, use him as you see fit, and that he hopes that that will give his successor, Donald Trump, some leverage when Trump calls Putin at some point, maybe on January twentieth, I don't know, Maybe there's emissaries before you know, there are concerns about anybody other than the president contacting other world leaders, and at that point Trump might say to Putin on January twentieth, hey, look, no, you've dealt with this situation. You've done this. But look, this might be the time for you to win the Nobel Peace Prize, Vladimir and announce that you have decided that the hostilities must end. I'm just trying to figure out what the timing of this would be. So I'm sure some of you feel it's long overdue. I'm sure some of you feel that we have crossed a bit of a line here. I don't want to call it the Rubicon, but we've crossed a little bit of a line. And we now have challenged Putin. And if Putin does something really stupid, really stupid, meaning somehow launching a strike against a NATO force, even though Ukraine is not a member of NATO, what would we do? What would we do? All of a sudden, And I've been thinking about this for a few months, this is a real bloodbath between Ukraine and Russia, and if anything, their neighbors. They they're very close in terms of proximity geographic proximity. Obviously next to each other, but they also have I'm sure interfamiliar relationships and in that Dynesque region. Again, I don't want to do like a history thing, but in the Dynesque region there's a lot of Russian speaking Ukrainians. Ukraine was part of the Soviet Republic. It's a mess. It's a mess. There have been tens of thousands of people, hundreds of thousands of innocent civilians killed or maimed over this war. They must be a way to end it. And is this a predicate? Does this give Trump an opportunity to fulfill that promise? Obviously, if this fighting is going on into February, March, April May, then Donald Trump's promised that he would end the war within twenty four hours would not have been fulfilled. I just want to one of the phone lines, this is this is one that hit me right between the eyes over the weekend. We have been very cautious, uh in the Biden administration has been very cautious in what they have chosen to do and not to do. This is it's not throwing caution into the wind, but it is giving Ukraine the ability to really have an impact offensively, not just defensively. Six one seven, two thirty, six one seven, nine, ten thirty the numbers. I think we need to talk about this. Those of us who have been I guess, on this good earth for fifty sixty years or more, realize that the US is still the leader of the free world and with that role comes responsibility. At the same time, we have seen our country sleepwalk into situations which, in retrospect, maybe our leaders should have used a little more caution in timidity. My name's Dan Ray. This is Nightside. Let's talk about it coming back on Nightside right after this.
Speaker 2: Now back to Dan Ray live from the Window World nights Side Studios on WBZ News Radio.
Speaker 3: All right, let's go to the phone, see what people have to say. Again. I think it's going to be fascinating as to how this plays out over the next two months. Jeff in Waldam, Jeff, you are first this hour and Knightside.
Speaker 4: Go right ahead, Jeff, Okay, I'm honored. Dan. I think your good cop bad coop conjecture is very intelligent because this way, and you know, I don't know whether or not that is at play here, but what that would do would be to add more negotiability to the crisis, okay, And would would add more maneuverability to the situation, so that Putin would be less likely to make an unduly rash move and because of the changing situation, okay, and he would have more incentive to wait. Okay, But I want to say this, there is one thing I do want to say. I wish this war would add I mean, really it's you know, it's just bad for Orchancern, obviously, but I think that the number one priority for this country is that security, our national security. Okay. And I don't know whether that interest would be served or disserved because I'm not an authority of these issues. But I don't know whether our national security will be served or deserved by the inclusion of long range missile attacks across the Russian border. Okay.
Speaker 3: Well, the question the question is what what will Rush, What will, if anything, will Russia do in response? And that's that's the question.
Speaker 4: We don't know. We don't know, but it may not be worth in terms of American national security. It may not be worth risking locking horns with the Russians militarily. It may not be worth it to us in terms of our national security, which I think I mean, after all, the purpose of the formation of NATA in the first place was national security, Okay, and as that goal is subordinated uh to something else, Uh, there's something really amiss. Wouldn't you agree with that?
Speaker 3: I think it's how I think it's it's how it would be interpreted in my in my opinion, I'm Jeff. So look, I appreciate your call, appreciate your perspective, and it's always good to get a good call. Starting off, thank you, Jeff appreciated, smiling.
Speaker 4: Oh kay, and thank you for the airtime. Ye welcome.
Speaker 3: Good night. Let me go to Daryl in New Brunswick, Canada. Darryl, what's your thought up there? Is this a story that Canadians are talking about or has it? Did they miss it?
Speaker 4: Uh?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 5: Dan, Actually it's quite the conversation because it goes back to even about Canadian American relation.
Speaker 3: Right.
Speaker 5: But I still have to back Biden if I can go back to when he pulled out Afghanistan abruptly, but his advisors pull them out the wrong way. And we had a conversation prior about how Russia was accumulating this stuff needed for conflict.
Speaker 3: And well, Russian massed on their border. And Joe Biden, you know, shortly after the disaster Kabul said nobody. He didn't think Russia was going to invade Ukraine. It's pretty obvious what Russia tended to do. Well.
Speaker 5: Actually, my opinion is he was actually without letting Russia know, allowing letting know that American soldiers are available elsewhere if it makes sense, but it doesn't, right, bottom line, Well, I.
Speaker 3: Missed that, Jeff, excuse me, Jeff, Jared, I totally missed that Biden was saying, no, they didn't think that Russia was going to invade and of course they did invade him. By the way, it was on in February twenty twenty two, so we're coming up on the third anniversary in a couple of months here.
Speaker 5: Correct, But they appreciated that. Correct, But if you're not letting your opponent know what your thoughts are, and obviously it didn't happen that way, and it worked out possibly better.
Speaker 3: Who do you work out better for Darryl? If Biden had said to putin. Look, I have no idea what you're doing out there, but you make a huge mistake and there'll be a consequence. I don't know. I mean Biden, Yeah, I don't know. My feeling is that he wasn't tough enough in February of twenty twenty two.
Speaker 5: Well, I'm just giving the benefit of the doubt. But reference the long range missile application. Now, Russia has been hit in places where they weren't supposed to under agreement, and so let Ukraine hit back as hard as they can and let Russia know that, Hey, the world's behind them. Because if Belarus is like a spearhead just between Ukraine and Norway and whatnot, and therefore if Russia there's.
Speaker 3: A lot, there's a lot between Norway and Ukraine as I'm sure you know, there's a whole bunch of uh.
Speaker 5: Like yeah, Poling and Hu and Belarus between Ukraine and other countries. Uh, that can be as spearhead as a wedge. Yeah, okay, Well, bottom bottom line, and we got to stick together.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think, Well, the Canadians always do, that's for sure. No, we get a cold the Canadian cities.
Speaker 5: Let's let's hit Russia as hard as we can.
Speaker 3: Well, hard as we can means means some bombs bigger even I didn't even want to think about those sort of bombs, if you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 5: Daryl, Well, if you go back to old general patent, UH, if you want to do an internet virus, you can call patent pending.
Speaker 3: Okay, spelled a little differently, but I guess maybe that's what you want to talk about it.
Speaker 5: If that virus, No, No, it's all It's all about making sure that we do the right thing.
Speaker 3: I would agree. Thanks, darre I appreciate your call. Six one, seven, two five, four ten thirty is the phone number. Are you concerned about this or is this something that just we we now have become inured to UH, and that you're convinced that no matter what we have done or no matter what we're currently doing, that Russia is going to make sure that it stays in that part of the world. That's really the question. I'm asking. Only lines open six one, seven, four ten thirty. That'll get you through if you want coming back on night Side.
Speaker 2: You're on Night Side with Dan Ray on WBS Boston's news radio.
Speaker 3: Thank you, Dan Watkins. Let's go to Lawrence in West Roxbury. Lawrence, you're next one.
Speaker 6: Nice, I welcome, Yes, thank you, mister Ray. I think that we're a day late and a dollar shot being firmed with Russia. We should have been firm with them in February three years ago and made it clear to them if they invaded the Ukraine, we were going to defend the Ukraine immediately. And I think that I don't know whether the President asked the advisors what they taught them, but as the advisers I'm talking about, the military advisors would have told them more than ready to do that. And I think that he stayed out there four months outside the Ukraine getting ready to do this, and not once did we send mister Blincoln to inform him of what we would do. And we should have been firm with him three years ago and the Ukraine would not have been attacked. That's my judgment.
Speaker 3: Well, he certainly took his time masked the troops and we've seen the result. It's been carnage on both sides. We have now Ukrainian troops fairly inside holding some portions of Russia. We have Russian troops in the Genesque region. Russia still holds you know holds onto Crimea.
Speaker 6: I'm very familiar. I have a PhD in Soviet history from BC. I was one of rovertam last students. And you know I also spent a decade and a half flying the Soviets border for the United States Air Force. I have a good sebety goad you.
Speaker 1: What that error was?
Speaker 3: Whatever was that?
Speaker 6: If I could ask Lawrence, I flew the border from on and off from nineteen sixty one to nineteen seventy nine, and I spent four years in Now I'm in between. So what happened I have to share with you. Though we should have been firm with them in February three years ago.
Speaker 3: And in your in your opinion, and I respect your opinion immensely, particularly a view of your experience. If we had said, hey, don't invade, and he had gone ahead and invaded, what could have we done either militarily economically that that would have cost him? He would have had to pay a price.
Speaker 6: What what could have we done the first night that he tried to fly airplanes into the Ukraine. We would have met them with both the second and forced fight Obamba Division that's in Europe, and you know that had been the end of it, and that that and we all we had to do is put it in position so we knew it was there.
Speaker 3: And you're talking, you're talking about shootdowns.
Speaker 6: I am talking about shootdowns. Okay, So that again they understand, they understand that.
Speaker 3: Okay, fair enough, all right? When worried.
Speaker 6: Every now and then I would fly against the so be a fight at stationed in China, they stopped doing that after we shot fifteen of them down.
Speaker 3: Oh okay, let me say this, and I say it with admiration. You are a Cold War warrior and your service was invaluable. Thank you very much for your service.
Speaker 6: Well, you know, I'm sure there's a whole bunch of people on the line that may not agree with what I just said, But that's all right. You can you can handle them for me.
Speaker 3: I can. I can look for you, Lawrens. Well, it's hoped someday to meet you in person and h and shake your hand. Thank you very much, Lawrence. Good night. That's an interesting background. Let me go next to John and Boston. John. What's going on? John?
Speaker 7: Yeah, good evening. Dan. You know, I'm wondering if you could have somebody on your show. Billions of dollars have gone to Ukraine and what does the average paycheck Joe and checked Josephin supposed to get to that. It's just amazing, Like we got hospitals are struggling in Massachusetts. There's no money for them, but there's money for Ukraine. And I've been trying to look on YouTube and basically this is the war between America and Russia that will be the same. Yeah, you know in the Warhawks in what's happening.
Speaker 3: I'm trying to ask you a question. Yeah, okay, what, in your opinion, should have we done when Putin in February of twenty twenty two decided to invade Ukraine? What should what should we have done?
Speaker 7: You're looking at You're looking at the last minute. According to YouTube, I said, this has been going off for decades. America's foreign policy of pushing NATO close during closer and close to the Russia. Spot the whole thing. It's not just one day Putin walk up and say, hey, you know, that'd be a guess to go invade Ukraine and the United States. I like the other benefit, I see no, But as far as I'm concerned, and I think you have po Putin takes Russia, what do I get to lose. I don't see anything. It's a terrible thing happening.
Speaker 3: But I think I think you meant to say somebody in it. Yeah, he already has Russia. I think you meant to say that if Putin would to take Ukraine would have been, in your opinion, no big deal.
Speaker 7: I don't care if he takes it, Go Putin go. It was part of Ukraine, was part of Russia at one time. America is calling China, Hey, you better say out of Taiwan. I don't like America's foreign policy. I think most of the listeners don't know that America has over eight hundred bases around the world. Just gotta stop. We got to pull back and have a neutral foreign policy. And as Einstein said, you can't prepare for war and peace simultaneously. There's no money in peace. There's no money in it. You know, we gotta have wars because it's big money.
Speaker 3: Ronald Reagan, I think said something paraphrasing. Now, the best way to maintain the peace is be prepared for war.
Speaker 7: Well, you know they're doing a terrible job that they would love to send American troops in Ukraine. I'm sure these warhawks, but they know the public won't go far it here, you know, so I see no one asks to me if takes it, go ahead, take it. I hope he does. You know, put me in the White House, you know, hard ended Zinskey. You gotta surrender like japaarings, surrender the United States. I talked to mister Pultin. He's gonna pay for all the reconstruction. You're gonna be the governor if you want to work with them, but you got to surrender. You could end it one day. We're not gonna give you a penny more. Mister Zoynsky, he was a stand up comedian, that's what he's doing. And where the fool's laughing. He's laughing all the way to the bank, taking billions of John.
Speaker 3: I should have had you on the line. I should have had you on the line. Yeah, John, I'm just trying to have a conversation with you screaming at me tonight, which is which is really not dream. Yeah no, I understand that. So I'm gonna let you go and let's see if people reank you what you had to say, Oh, thank you very much. Would have preferred the conversation. But hey, sometimes sometimes you do you get it. Sometimes you don't. Let me go next to Sandra in Carver. Sandra, have had a couple of different viewpoints here. Where do you sit on this one?
Speaker 8: Well, I'll tell you thank you for taking my call. And I did not go beyond me that Trump had a little conversation with Putin? Did he not? Over the phone?
Speaker 3: I am not aware of that, and I don't know that. I may be incorrect here, but there's also I think some protocols that need to be followed, and I would be careful if I were Donald Trump in that we have one president and his name at the moment is Joe Biden, and we could not have a lot of different politicians speaking to foreign leaders. That's a technical issue, Sandra. You might be right. He may have spoken to him. I don't know that for certain.
Speaker 8: Okay, there's just news that I picked up on my favorite station, WBZ.
Speaker 3: But anyway, I appreciate that.
Speaker 8: Okay, it was my understanding that Pewtin had called to congratulate him and blah blah blah, and then shortly after that Pewtin advanced further and was attacking Ukraine. Worst so I don't care for that too much. It's not a good sign. I think Putin. I think Trump is a little bit too friendly with Putin. Putin's not a good person. In fact, I bumped into somebody Russian descent right in my town and he stands there and goes Putin's good. He doesn't like somebody, He just kills them. He's not an acceptable individual. He's a dictator, and he's extremely dangerous. And people can't just sit and sit back and let him run over all these countries. And you've got all the countries of Scandinavian countries, You've got poland you've got all of these countries, Germany, everybody that'll sit there as he gradually eats them all up, and you can't do that.
Speaker 3: I was trying to check. Okay, let me just share this with you, okay. Writers is reporting that the Kremlin has denied reports that US President elect Donald Trump had spoken to Russian President Vladimir Putin in recent days and said Putin has no concrete plans yet to speak to Trump. Now again, that you're taking the word of the Kremlin, which is I mean, uh, you got you got to take up with a big rain of salt okay. But again the Kremlin is saying reports of a conversation last week between Trump and and Putin President elect Trump and Putin are run trup.
Speaker 7: Okay, all right?
Speaker 3: So I mean I don't know, well, I don't know because I have no way of knowing that. I can only tell you what the reports are.
Speaker 8: That's all okay, right right, And then myself, I just listened to things all the time. But I will say one saying, the Russian people, remember there was Ivan, the terrible, same kind of personality. He didn't like. Somebody just kill him, you know what I mean?
Speaker 3: Yeah, oh no, no, no. Putin's not a good guy. There's no doubt about that. I mean, the horror that he is imposed on Ukraine is arguably criminal. I mean, he initiated a war there wasn't you know. I talked earlier about Archduke Ferdinand when he was assassinated in Sarajevo in nineteen fourteen. It was it was probably the spark that lit the powder cleg peg keg, powder keg that led to World War One. So Putin just said I want Ukraine. He invaded Crimea and took Crimea right after the socio Olympic Games. Is not a good guy. But the question is how do you handle it, that's the question.
Speaker 8: I think our rangers should sneak in there and take him out, but that's beside the point country.
Speaker 3: I don't know that that that is legal. I mean, it's one thing to take out UH an enemy combatant. You know, some have Bin Laden or in UH solo maning the head of the Kotch Force because they were combatants. I don't know that we're allowed to take out other political leaders for a constitutional basis. But we'll see UH as always. Andrew love your calls. Thank you much, very very insightful. Thank you.
Speaker 8: Okay, thank you, have a good night, byebye YouTube.
Speaker 3: Let's keep rolling here. We'll take a quick break on Nightside. I'm going to come back with Paul and Portsmouth, Theodore in Baltimore, John and North Carolina, and Mike and Beverly, and we will carry this into the next hour, I promise, coming back on night side.
Speaker 2: Now back to Dan Ray Mine from the Window World nights Side Studios on w BZ the news Radio.
Speaker 3: All right, let's go keep rolling. You're going to go to Paul up in Portsmouth, New Hampshire, Paul next on Nightside.
Speaker 1: Go ahead, Hi, Yeah, my name is Paul. My background military force deployment chief, logistics mobility chief, or base fighter pilot. I'd like to explain how the war started and how it will probably end. And I'll try to be succinct.
Speaker 3: I think most of us know how it started. But go ahead, love to hear what you have to say. Thank you for your service.
Speaker 1: Okay, we had Trump in office, we were an oil exporting country. In twenty twenty Biden came in. We vastly decreased our production of petroleum and we were no longer exporting in Europe. They were importing oil from Russia and the price of that oil went like sky high. Putin had the money now to engage in a war. It takes money to have a war. You just can't say I want to have a war. So in twenty twenty two we started the Russia Ukraine War.
Speaker 3: We did started. We watched as Russia started it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Russia started to warm.
Speaker 9: Sorry.
Speaker 1: And then now Putin knows that Trump is going to be coming into office and he's going to open the spickets. This will provide the oil to Europe and Russia is their cash is going to dry up, and that's gonna the lack of money is going to be what ends US war.
Speaker 5: Ukraine.
Speaker 3: Why why do you think why do you think President Biden, in the waning days of his administration, uh, decided to give Zelensky these missile missiles, which can I guess go one hundred and ninety five or two hundred miles. I'm not sure how close Moscow is Takiev or to the western border Ukraine. But uh, you know, it's it's kind of an interesting move by Joe Biden in the final day of his presidency.
Speaker 1: I don't know when I first heard this, I got a little nervous, you know, but you have to say, whether you really want to fight a war or not. Do you want Ukraine to win this war or not? You just can't like keep helping him a little bit, a little bit, a little bit. I mean that that's a major move where we have US weapons going deep into Russia. Yeah, I don't I don't know what was going on in his mind, but but I see that Putin is going to realize the money's drying up to have this war.
Speaker 3: Trump comes out, Okay, well, look, Paul, I appreciate that's interesting. Uh an interesting point of view. I appreciate you taking the time to call and uh, I don't know if you've called before, but to help you call more often. It's a good call.
Speaker 1: Yeah, first call.
Speaker 3: Okay, we get her out of applause for you. Don't be shy. Let us know. Okay, thanks so much.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I wanted to just yes, say things that I I know about and you know I'm not guessing you know.
Speaker 5: And yeah, you you.
Speaker 3: Certainly establish your bona FIDE's that's for sure. Thank you, Thank you again.
Speaker 1: Okay, thank you so much.
Speaker 3: Good Let me good night. Let me go to Theodore in Baltimore Theatre. Next on, nice, I go ahead.
Speaker 9: Well, first, I'd like to make the correction. We became a net world exporter under mister Obama and that's still the case. Secondly, Trump, I'll call him the Trader, has been compromised by Poot quite some time ago. He's going to end the war in twenty five hours by allowing Putin to keep the territory that he is conquered.
Speaker 4: That's wow.
Speaker 3: So but let me let me just before before we get theatre, before we get speculative here, why do you think in his forty sixth month in the White House and he only has forty but it is the winning days of his presidency. He decided to give Ukraine the option to use these missiles for inside.
Speaker 9: Russia, simply because he wants Ukraine as much as he can, as far as day can go. With these listeners to defend themselves because they know once Trump gets in, he's not going to honor anything. He's not going to even protect Todd wo.
Speaker 3: Again, it becomes an attack on Trump, which is fine, But my question is, if that is true, why didn't Why has Biden waited so long? I mean, Zelensky's been asking for the capacity to use these missiles for some time. I'm just I'm perplexed by it. I'll tell you, I honestly don't know. I'm not asking you a challenging questions.
Speaker 9: No, it's no secret he hesitated because his age, his military people told him, well, you know, maybe as Tom goes on, if the election goes his way, he can continue and increase support. So that's what he's doing. He knows that Trump although you can't believe anything he says, it's twenty four.
Speaker 3: Theater again, we're coming back to a Trump ash, which is fine, you and I can do that plenty of times. But what I'm saying is, Joe Biden's been out of the presidential race since last July, August, September, October, half of November. Why didn't he say to Zelensky in August or late July, September, October, hey, use those missiles in the way you want.
Speaker 9: I think he did that simply though he's been out of the race. I think he was hedging his bets on the election number one and number two. He simply is very committed to doing everything he can to help mister Zelensky and the Ukrainians fight their fight.
Speaker 7: And Ali, Now.
Speaker 3: Here's my last question to you. Is this okay? And I'm just coming up on the eleven here, so I hate to do this take as lormally we go a little longer. My question is this what happens in your mind if if Putin says, you know what, says, they're going to fire missiles in on our country, I'm going to throw a couple of missiles in on Hungary or Poland you know, how do you keep this thing from escalating?
Speaker 9: Well, first of all, if he does that, we won't have anything to do with it. Trump cares not about really the defense of it.
Speaker 3: And we're coming back to Trump, coming back to Trump two months.
Speaker 9: If he does that, Dan, you you you you, you seem to shy away from the truth about him. He's going to be the president in about sixty days. And he's not going to keep any treaty. He's not going to do Section five of the NATO treaty. He's not even gonna protect I want. And guess what happens once he does this, Dan, He's going to get the contract and him and his buddies to rebuild Ukraine, and he's going to get a hotel in Russia. That's twitting him and his family is increasing their money, their wealth through the government.
Speaker 3: It's just okay, all right, I gave you a long lease tonight.
Speaker 9: Okay, but the issue, but scale back and say happy, happy Thanksgiving, eat a lot and forget about this.
Speaker 3: Call Happy Thanksgiving you and your stat We'll be back by all right, good night, I tried. We will be back. More phone calls right after eleven o'clock News and the Nightside. This is the topic of the night