Speaker 1: The sports page with The Orlando Sentinel and FM ninety six to nine The Games Mike the Bulldog Beyond You on jr R.
Speaker 2: The Bulldog Sports page on JRR brought to you by Tom's Watch Bar. You're gonna be out hosting a Magic watch party tomorrow night, Bulldog.
Speaker 3: Yes, seven o'clock Magic take on the Boston Celtics. We're gonna be get given away all sorts of surprises, Magic tickets, Monster damn jam tickets, watching the game on their one hundred and fifty big screens. Come on out and join us. We're gonna have a good time starting out the new year watching the Magic. So, yeah, gonna have fun out there.
Speaker 4: I drive. It's a beautiful place. Dog.
Speaker 1: I was gonna ask you if you seen that that monstrosity.
Speaker 4: It's huge, it's huge. The food's great. Yeah, it's a really nice sports bar. So Tom's Watch Bar. I drive. Tomorrow night. Magic Celtics.
Speaker 2: Hopefully they can back from last night's little debacle in Milwaukee.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they got dominated from star to finish last night, one two to ninety three. The Magic go down to the Milwaukee Bucks. They continue to be the worst three point shooting team in the league. They may just twelve of forty six attempts from three point range. It was the twenty first time this season the Magic shot under thirty percent from long range. That's seven more times than the teams that's done it the second most. So I'm gonna say this right now. I know we liked a cheerleague for the Magic, and we all want them to do well this year, and they do have a great young roster, but I'm gonna say this right now. The Magic are last in the league in point scored, They're last in the league and three pointers made their last in the league in three point shooting percentage. Defense can only carry you so far until the Magic starts shooting a respectable percent from three point range.
Speaker 4: They're not gonna get very far in the playoffs, if you ask me.
Speaker 2: So.
Speaker 4: They're gonna have to improve their shooting. It's a three.
Speaker 3: Point league, now, we know that, and I realize defense and all of that, but you have to score some points.
Speaker 4: So I just wanted to get that off my chew be advocating.
Speaker 2: I'm more reps in practice from behind the three point line. Dog little extra time after the sessions.
Speaker 3: Well, well, hopefully when Jalen Suggs gets back, he's you know, he can be a decent three point shooter. And hopefully, when you know they're fully healthy, when the Franz and Jalen Suggs joined Palo in the starting lineup, hopefully that's gonna open up. You know, they'll be getting better shots from three point range because there'll be a lot of attention focused on Palo in Franz.
Speaker 1: So I can't believe hope anyway, I can't believe you just said Franz twice without your finish.
Speaker 4: Eye, I swear.
Speaker 3: Yeah, the college football Texas quarterback Quen you Weres declaring for the draft. There were some who thought he was gonna be like Carson Beck and go back into the transfer portal and try to make uh, you know, some money in college before going to the NFL. But I think he's going to be a high enough draft pick that he doesn't have to worry about going back to college and making money in the transfer portal.
Speaker 4: So that was announced.
Speaker 2: Yes, I'm sure arch Manning nods an approval.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yes, if he had to. If he hadn't went to the NFL, arch Manning may have been in the dram portal, right, Yeah, other NFL news, Jim Harma undergoing two procedures during the off season. He's gonna have something called a cardiac ablation. I don't know what that is.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's a cardiac ablation.
Speaker 1: Yes, one of our coworkers I had that, but I don't talk about it on air because you know the confidentiality reason, right.
Speaker 3: And he's gonna have hip replacement surgery. If you watch him on the sideline, he's he's got a noticeable limp because of that hip.
Speaker 4: So uh.
Speaker 3: And he did have he he had a locker room. He had an incident this season. Remember when his heartbeat started speeding up and they had to take him to the locker room and give him a.
Speaker 4: Whatever they did.
Speaker 3: They give him an electro cardiogram scan and they got his heart back in normal rhythm, and he continued to coach.
Speaker 2: I'd be curious if you were able to go back in history, coaching history and see how many former NFL coaches experienced heart issues at some point.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, and college coaches as well.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm being serious.
Speaker 3: Yeah, speaking of college coaches. A former Florida Gators coach Urban Meyer elected to the College Football Hall of Fame yesterday. Along with Nick Saban. Man, what a coaching class this is. Nick Saban, of course, probably the greatest college coach of all time. Seven national championships. Urban Meyer won two national championships at Florida, another one.
Speaker 4: Of the Ohio State.
Speaker 3: So Man, that is a heck of a one to two punch in the College Football Hall of Fame Urban Meyer. Though, here's the thing, he's going into college Football Hall of Fame, He's still not in Florida's Ring of Honor. Obviously, he didn't leave Florida in the best of terms. I'm wondering if the Gators will eventually put him in the Ring of Honor. Don't they have to?
Speaker 2: I don't think so.
Speaker 3: No, he won two national championships there.
Speaker 4: I don't know how you keep him out. Well, here's another question.
Speaker 1: You said, Nick Saban the you know, the best coach college coach?
Speaker 3: What about Bobby Bowden. Bobby Baden was a great coach. But you know Saban won seven national championships. Bobby Balden won two. So yeah, Bobby Baden's a great coach, don't get me wrong, But it's hard it's hard to deny that Nick Saban is the greatest college coach of all time with the night, I mean, he broke Bear Bryant's record for number of national championships. So women's NC DOUBLEA tournament teams, by the way, will start getting paid, you know, sort of like the men do. If the men's team makes the NC DOUBLEA tournament, they get a unit you know, a million bucks or whatever it is, and the further you progress in the tournament, the teams get paid. So they're going to start doing that with the women's tournament. Why because the women's tournament is starting to make a lot of money.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 3: We saw that last year when the women's final out drew the men's final on TV, mainly because of Caitlyn Clark, but still women's basketball starting to be a big money maker for colleges.
Speaker 4: So they're going to start paying the women's team like they pay the men's team.
Speaker 1: Good for them, you said at the beginning, kind of like they pay the men's team. I think that was a little more on that, you know, kind of you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: All right, Yes, Lightning hosting Anaheim tonight. Mike the Bulldog Beyonky, host of Open Mic on AM seven forty at FF ninety six ninety game weekday mornings a jacon to Us where he takes time out of his busy show to join us for a few minutes to provide the sports page on.
Speaker 3: J R R.
Speaker 4: Oh oh Lusian Dago on demand to download the iHeartRadio app