Speaker 1: Ninety four or five the buzz Good Morning rod Ryan's Show. I apologize about the clunkiness of that. Yeah, you know, that's it, you know, you know, son of a bitch. What a way to start to get to day. Awesome, What a way to start to day. I gotta I gotta completely reset this dumb mixing board. That was nothing was Hey, guys, good morning. I hope you're on to a better start to your day. This is us and we're going to shake this off because we are going to be insanely busy today and tonight. Today is a big, big day when it comes to the Rod Ryan Show twentieth anniversary party. Chili already just told us he doesn't even like mix his words anymore. He said, I'm leaving you guys. I'm gonna put Bobby Jokes in there. You're gonna be in capable hands, and I'm gonna go and have some fun. Chili's gonna go out today and give away some more tickets. And I just told him, you can't take the bus van, you can't take the iHeart van, you cannot take a station vehicle.
Speaker 2: You gotta go. Income media people are yeah, people.
Speaker 3: Are like here to steal a car and in a stolen God.
Speaker 1: All right, Chili's gonna announce his location at seven oh five today, and when you hear the amount of tickets he's bringing with him, you're gonna, baby do what I did. And I wet my pants a little bit. Now, what else are we doing today? Sean's going for one number two, fresh out of bad head to head challenge. We're gonna play that at a round six twenty Lincoln Park. Have a new song out there. It is awesome, and we're gonna talk about that, and we're gonna give you Lincoln Park tickets. They're play in Dallas. We'll have those tickets for you in homeroom. So that's gonna be some of what's happening today on the show. Thirty percent chance of rain, partly cloudy skies, highs of ninety two. Good morning, Tessa.
Speaker 4: What to Houston's headline, Hey, good morning Rod, and good morning Homeroom. I just can't wait for sports. I guess I'll do the serious stuff.
Speaker 2: First.
Speaker 4: Tropical Storm Helen is forcing NASA to change its launch plans. A space agency says the crewed SpaceX launch scheduled for a Thursday, has been pushed back to September twenty eighth. The mission called Crew nine. We'll send an astronaut, Nick Haig and Russian cosmonaut to the iss. Helene is expected to hit Florida's golf coast Thursday as a Category three hurricane.
Speaker 2: Ryan Ruth is officially being.
Speaker 4: Charged with the attempted assassination of a major presidential candidate. Prosecutors filed the charge yesterday afternoon. Ruth allegedly camped outside of Trump's West Palm Beach golf course for hours, armed with a rifle.
Speaker 2: Earlier this month, If you've.
Speaker 4: Already got a twelve foot skeleton in your yard, just no. Your neighbors are judging you for it. Nationally, there was a poll for five thousand Americans asking is September still too early to put up your Halloween decorations. Thirty nine percent of people said between the first and fifteenth is the earliest that they would go. Most said yeah, that September too early. Two thirds think decorations shouldn't go up until at least October one. Your porch is already covered in cobwebs, don't worry. Thirty percent of us think it's fine. Six percent say put up directions as early as we want. Who cares. We're doing a poll though to find out what our crowd at the rod ryinshow listeners saying, so go do that.
Speaker 2: On the X Jelly Roll just made his acting.
Speaker 4: Debut across from Sevester Salon on episode two. It's this season of Tulsa King. He played himself in the episode.
Speaker 2: But he looked pretty good, look like a natural.
Speaker 4: You can watch jelly scene on Tulsking on our blog page. Lincoln Park is continuing their comeback and they've got a new single from the Zero album. From Zero album, it's called Heavy is the Crown.
Speaker 2: It's the twenty twenty.
Speaker 4: Four League of Legends World Cup Championship anthems. So it is a single op the album, but that's just not another song. You can check it out on the music Walk page and hopefully we'll get a chance to listen to it once we get a little more time.
Speaker 2: Those are uson setlites.
Speaker 1: All right here.
Speaker 5: We got were the fourth straight here the Houston Astros or AL West champions. It's their seventh Al West title in the last eight years. They beat the Mariners last night four to three. It's their eighth straight year to make the postseason. They were at once ten games behind the Mariners earlier in the year. They're gonna wrap up their series with the Mariners this afternoon. You say, Kakuciap be in the mount of the Stros, going to get Seattle's George Kirby first pitches at one ten And you can hear the game on our sister station, Sports Talk seven to ninety.
Speaker 3: That is what's going on in sports.
Speaker 1: The Astro store at the ballpark at the juice Box is open until ten. There was people there all night. Wo then they're gonna have extended hours. But yeah, people want to get those they want to get those shirts.
Speaker 2: We have all of these shirts.
Speaker 1: They have all those shirts. Well, they have the up once and we own October. I think that was the coolest one that I saw. All right, here we go, guys. That's it. Shake it off, Shake it off. It's gonna be a busy show. It's going to be a fun and show. There is so much to do, so much to do, such little time. Guys. First phone call, Hey, the phones work. Let's see if the phones work, why don't you try calling us if you want to get in on the first phone call, I'd love to Hear from You seven one three two, win two five five. The most interactive show on the radio starts right now. It's gonna be busy.
Speaker 6: Today, not be four fun Buzz, Bud Hules, Surfers, Thanks Pepper Rod Ryan's show, Wildcard Wednesday.
Speaker 1: Wildcard Wednesday. It seems to be turn into where's chili at Wednesday? Yeah? Is that? Is that a thing? Now? With us? Where is chili at Wednesday? I see him? He is, Uh, we're on Facebook and we are on YouTube, and we got the little four boxes and I see chili in one of the boxes. Hey, chili? Is that yours? At a chili? Are you here? Who is that? Is that you?
Speaker 7: I am not at liberty to say is that really you?
Speaker 5: Do?
Speaker 1: I need to come in there and just poke you to see if that you that that's really you? No, it is me. I don't need no folking today. Okay, So you're here, Yes, sir, I'm here right now. Okay. I see your sons. That next to you, my adopted Yeah, Bobby Jokes is next to you?
Speaker 8: Bobby?
Speaker 1: Are you going out again today?
Speaker 7: Yes? I am?
Speaker 1: Did I call that one?
Speaker 9: Right?
Speaker 1: Is there no station vehicles involved in this one?
Speaker 7: None?
Speaker 1: None?
Speaker 10: You know, we want to give everybody a fair shot.
Speaker 1: Last time we sent Chili out or last time Chili went out, they thought they were going to be clever because he's done this for a couple of weeks now, and he's taking the buzz, you know, the buzz vehicle of the buzz, you know, like the station they took the iHeart. Well that's what people thought they were going to be smart here other than me here that work here. They're like, well, why don't you take the iHeart van? And you know, no one will know to listen to ieart all the time. I tell you, here's I Heeart radio non stop. So there's a chance that you know, that's gonna be awesome. I have the smartest listeners obviously picked in the morning. Yeah. Yeah, so there's gonna be no marked vehicles, any hints somewhere you're going today? Yes, in Houston? Thanks, you know, I would have been cool.
Speaker 10: What would have been cooler if I would have been able to take out that jeep that you got to send there.
Speaker 1: No, that's a huge that's going away all right. Well, Chili is gonna be leaving. Are you going to be able to be back in an hour? On the air with us. You'll be at your location at seven o five.
Speaker 10: Yes, I'm gonna leave in about five minutes, okay, and then I'm gonna be out there and then depending on traffic intens that wants me to stop and get y'all stuff. So that's gonna put me back another hour. You if you want stuff, it puts me back another hour.
Speaker 2: Do you want stuff?
Speaker 1: Never bring us stuff, so you should not be late.
Speaker 2: I definitely want stuff.
Speaker 1: So I will say this Chili is bringing out more tickets than he has ever brought out before. That's it. I'm going to leave it at that. I'll wait till he announces at seven oh five. But he is bringing out I think the last couple of times you've been out, you've brought fifty pair of tickets with you. He's bringing more, okay? Is he bringing sixty more? Is he bringing I don't know. Just wait, taking all the tickets rod. He is going to announce at seven oh five the location on where he's at and the amount of tickets. Okay, but it's more than fifty pair okay, And then you guys know, I'm out tonight at the home run dugout out in Katie.
Speaker 2: Oh wow, ticket.
Speaker 1: Rosie's going to be playing, and they're of course they're playing the party, the anniversary party at Carbock Brewery on October twelfth, So Rosie has been added so as a kind of like a hey, welcome to the party. Rosie's playing tonight, no cover charge. I'm bringing a ton of tickets out to Home Run Dugout. I'll be out there from seven until nine.
Speaker 2: It's not time for the first phone call of the.
Speaker 1: Day, Nanna, Good morning, Good morning, brother Rod. How are you great? You gonna get a start of this morning? Nina?
Speaker 2: So one.
Speaker 11: I've been listening to you guys since high school every morning, it's my saying every day. Now I'm just excited because I'm going to go see you guys.
Speaker 1: Tell me about that. How are you going to see us?
Speaker 11: Well, I'm going to go after work and hang out with you at the you know, the new bar that I've never been to, Home Run Dugout. Yeah, I've never been.
Speaker 1: It's awesome. So you are you in the Katie area already?
Speaker 11: Yes, I'm already located there.
Speaker 1: This bar is awesome, you know, it's very nice. It's huge. Number one Home Run Dugout it's a place where like a golf range or like a top golf. It's like a top golf, top baseball for baseball, yes, right, and you get a bay. You order a bay and you and all your friends are sitting around and you get bats and you hit balls against the screen and it tells you how far you hit them. You can play different ballparks and everything. It's really cool. But it's really turning into a music venue. They put in this huge ass stage and now they have they're really focusing on live music over there. So the stage is huge, there's plenty of room. And Nina, I'm excited that you're coming out tonight. I'm bringing a ton of tickets now, not as much as Chili today, but I'm gonna bring a lot of tickets out tonight and I'm gonna wait to see if I can get account to give you guys an idea. So I want you all coming out and joining me seven to nine tonight with Rosie on stage, no cover charge. Nina, I can't wait to meet you. Please come up and say hello.
Speaker 11: All right, definitely, I'm bringing co workers. We're gonna have a great time.
Speaker 1: Oh hell yeah, bring them out. It's gonna be a party tonight. Let me take a short break, let me come back in a rec check for you. We'll find out what's trending, and then we'll get set up for the fresh out of bed head to head.
Speaker 12: Jarlenge Houston Hous's alternative and tell them at The Rod Ryan Morning Show ninety four five The.
Speaker 1: Buzz Before and five The Buzz Good Morning, Rod Ryan's Show. I got four people. Whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa, whoah. What do you mean you're out tonight, rod Yeah, Chili's gonna be telling us where he's going to be this Morning with Rod Ryan Show twenty tenniversary party tickets, a lot of them. I am out tonight at a place called the Home Run Dugout. It's out in Katie. You know what. It's right next to some of you guys will know that Mario Andretti Indoor go Cart place. It's right next door to that. It's right by where Whiskey Cake is. It's by the Beltway or I guess the toll way. The toll way in Iten. It's tucked away in there. I'm there seven to nine tonight and I'm bringing a ton of tickets. So yeah, we're out partying on Wednesday night. So if you have any questions, you can email me. I know Chili puts something up on our Facebook page, so on the events page. It's there. But you can email me any questions you got. I'll see you tonight. There is a chance of some sprinkles tonight. That's okay, the show will go on. Rosie's going to be playing live. Thirty percent chance of rain today, fifty percent chances of scattered thunderstorms in the evening. And Chili already left.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Chilli out of here?
Speaker 1: Is is he leaving earlier and earlier?
Speaker 2: He really is milking now he knows the drill.
Speaker 1: He really is milking. Where he at Wednesday? Where's Chili at Wednesday? I feel like he's leaving earlier, He's coming back later next thing. You know, he's just not even gonna like, I'm not even looking in to the office where you are.
Speaker 2: Let's do this remotely.
Speaker 1: We did where you at from home? What's trending? Please?
Speaker 4: Yes, Houston as they are inevitable when it comes to the Ale West. Well so far but not so far, but like as of lately, right, we don't know how long we're going to be this spoiled, but we're definitely it feels like we're definitely in a golden sort.
Speaker 2: Of era right now.
Speaker 4: And they have the celebrations, the champagne, these are things that we've seen, but from twelve to twenty four to.
Speaker 2: A seventh straight full season division title, that's huge. That's huge. So congratulations to the Assas. I know the city's just in.
Speaker 4: A better mood when they win AL West champions so good for them, feels good.
Speaker 2: Good for us, it does, it does feel nice. Speaking of sports, Brett Farve is trending.
Speaker 4: He reveals Parkinson's diagnosis at a congressional hearing yesterday.
Speaker 2: That's something we'll talk about in headlines.
Speaker 4: But it is like one of the top Google searches after the tropical storm morning.
Speaker 2: It's number two.
Speaker 1: There's a blog page up for that. It's sad news, it definitely is.
Speaker 4: And then people are googling who won America's Got Talent twenty twenty four. So a little bit of a spoiler just dropping radio for about five seconds.
Speaker 2: It was Indiana's Singing Janitor.
Speaker 4: There is a singing janitor that won America's Got Talent twenty twenty four. So that's what's trending on eighty four five and buzz.
Speaker 1: Good morning everybody.
Speaker 5: This is Sean.
Speaker 1: You're fresh out of bed Head.
Speaker 8: To head one day Champion.
Speaker 1: Listen.
Speaker 8: I know I've been on this game before and I start to play though, but this is an all new, faster, stronger Sean.
Speaker 1: You heard it.
Speaker 8: Two questions, two answers, join me on Wednesday when I make it win number two.
Speaker 1: Bitch is okay if you want to take him out in seven one three, two one two five five, we play the game next right after fuel hemorrhage in my hands ninety four to five The Buzz Ryan show him on this wild card Wednesday, which is slowly, I should say rapidly becoming Where's Chili at Wednesday? He's going to reveal his secret location at seven o five this morning and Chili will be out. And I was told just just give him the number. Here's the number. Chili will be out with one hundred pair of tickets to the Rod Ryan Showed twentieth anniversary party.
Speaker 2: You want him to get mobbs. You want him to get mobbed.
Speaker 1: He's bringing two hundred tickets with him.
Speaker 2: You're insane.
Speaker 1: One hundred of you wild will be added to the party today with Chili being out, I am bringing thirty pair with me tonight. That's it. Home run, dugout, run, left down, home run, dugout out in Katie, I'm bringing thirty pair with me.
Speaker 2: One hundred is so many. Oh my god, he's going to get mob I'm not kidding, trying.
Speaker 1: To be He loves it because that just that's him out there longer. He doesn't have to deal with us. So it's like, oh, sorry, guys, I might not make it back before ten. I got all these tickets to give away, so we got to wait until seven oh five for the secret location. We got a lot of things to do before then. Thirty percent chances of brain today, fifty percent chances scattered, thunderstorms mostly cloudy tonight. Let's go man now each time for the fresh out of bed head to head challenge, Listeners to your corners, I'm sorry, Rod, did you did you say one hundred? Yeah, one hundred, one hundred pair of tickets? Hey Sean, good morning, Hey, good morning, good morning family. Good to have you on Sean. You're going for win number two. Great game yesterday, by the way, I mean it was late. It was lights out play let's see if if that was a Fluke fan favorite. Smoke Show Carla, Good morning Carla, every morning. Hey Carla, how are you fabulous? Carla mixes it up. She's not afraid of any dude out there that plays this game. I mean she is not intimidated. She is fierce when she plays. You've been in the Hall of Fame one time. Okay, well, nothing's change. Smoke Show, Carla, you got to shut out your name when you think you know the answer. What are they playing for?
Speaker 2: I have a rod ryanshow t shirt?
Speaker 1: All right, here we go. You both would look lovely wrapped up in a rod Ryan show T shirt. I must say, yes, all right, good luck, all right, enough with the pleasantries. All right, Carla and Sean, please listen carefully in the studio. Why would you do this to me? It's so early? Come on, why would you do this to me? Tessa? I don't know, Okay, I'm a really okay, red leather, yellow leather, red leather, yellow leather, non regional addiction. All right, here we go. Just need to do practice question number one? What does she sell by the sea shore? Carla? Seashells? Thank you really wrote baby Buggy this year.
Speaker 2: Come on, have a little fun over there.
Speaker 1: Hung twisters in homeroom? What's wrong with you? All right? Here we go on Prince Trivia.
Speaker 2: Nothing's better than Prince Trivia.
Speaker 1: Bro, many things spell prince kidding, kidding? Question number two, Carla is on the board, Sean, you were lights out yesterday. Step it up, find another gear?
Speaker 5: All right?
Speaker 1: What action character? John? Okay, you went into that gear too soon? Good luck, Bro, go for it. Oh three, let's go with Arnold swarzeger one.
Speaker 2: You know, not a bad guess, you know, could have been wished.
Speaker 1: Yeah. What action character did Sylvester Stallone play in the film First Blood back in nineteen eighty two? Carla, Rocky Rambo? Yeah?
Speaker 11: Oh man, I don't know his movies.
Speaker 1: Okay, right, all right, Sean, you're feeling lucky punk Hopefully here we go. Next question, just right from the sheet. What is three plus three? Sean? He found the gear on that one? Sean, correct answer?
Speaker 2: How was that question?
Speaker 1: Let me check? Do you carry the two? Yeah? Yeah, three plus three or six? Okay? Correct answer, Sean on the board. We got a game do I'm sorry what the humor of that question is just setting in for the win? What scary movie has Jason A Sean Friday the thirteenth? Winter?
Speaker 2: Wow?
Speaker 1: Winter, I'll tell you what. Carla punched him in the mouth, and he reacted the way you need to read.
Speaker 2: Yeah, she came out swinging for sure.
Speaker 1: The complete question for those of you playing at home, this what scary movie has Jason with a hockey mask as the villain? Friday the thirteenth Sean got it done. He found just the right gears that he needed to take out one time Hall of Famer Smoke Show, Carla, Carla, good to have you on.
Speaker 11: Thank you, y'all, have a great day.
Speaker 1: All right, Hey, listen, I believe this is the second time you played this year.
Speaker 11: Right, this is the fifth time I played this year. So y'all, y'all ain't trying hard?
Speaker 3: Not Oh.
Speaker 1: You've played five times this year? Yeah, Okay, we're coming up on October. The tournament's going to start Thanksgiving, Carla, I.
Speaker 7: Know, let him know.
Speaker 1: Good luck to you, Hey, Sean, Yeah, you're showing us something here.
Speaker 13: I like it.
Speaker 1: I like it, dude, good player. Didn't better? Hopefully see if you can do it again tomorrow, right right, show celebrating twenty years ninety four or five of buzz ninety four or five the buzz blinkin eighty two. One more time. We're sending Chili out again, one more time. Is it the last time we're sending Chili out? I don't know. I don't know. But he is going to be out, well, he is out. He's in route right now or is he en route? Is he en route or in roots?
Speaker 2: Anyway, he's on his way.
Speaker 1: He's on his way to his secret location where I told you Chili is going to have one hundred pair of ticket pair, same pair or pairs one hundred, one hundred.
Speaker 2: He'll have one pair or pairs pair.
Speaker 1: One hundred pair of tickets, one hundred pair of tickets. Is that the right way? Just saying that, So two hundred tickets in total, one hundred of you will be in when Chili is done and out of tickets at his location to the Rod Ryan Show twenty ten versary party. So that's fun. We gotta wait till about seven oh five for Chili to announce his location. Don't go looking for a buzz van. Yeah, I told him, you're not taking it. So people see that they're waiting here at the station for him to pull out follow him. Thirty percent chance of rain partly cloudy today, fifty percent chances some scatter at th understorms tonight. Don't worry, the party is still on at the home run dugout out in Katie. I'll be there seven to nine tonight, and I'm bringing thirty pair at least thirty pair of tickets with me tonight as Rosie's going to be live on stage and we give away tickets between and nine o'clock. So Katie, you're getting your tickets tonight, so make sure you come out and join me. Fresh out of bed head to head Challenge, here's your current champion.
Speaker 7: Good morning everybody, this is Sean.
Speaker 8: You're fresh out of bed head ahead two day champions. Sometimes you gotta get punched in the mouth to snap into the game, just like Rambo. Dude, whoops, I mean Rockyoke. You win number three, bitches.
Speaker 1: I like it.
Speaker 2: I like it.
Speaker 1: Okay, he's been playing lights out two wins for him. This guy just kind of can't just dropped out of the sky. He's got fans. I'm surprised because everybody hates anyone that beats Carla because they want Carla around. They want to run the radio.
Speaker 2: Everyone wants to stuff shout.
Speaker 1: They're like, wait a minute, this this Sean guy might be for real.
Speaker 2: It's the fuck that's to the day.
Speaker 1: We make you look smart and funny. Everybody's it's the Fuck's the day. Got some new fun facts for you today. Yeah, we'll be flashing back in a moment for Lincoln Park tickets. What yeah, Lincoln Park They're playing Arlington. We now have a one billion stream champion on Spotify. This artist was tied at seventeen for a long time with Drake. He now has eighteen. Who has eighteen songs with a minimum of a billion streams on Spotify. And that's a good guess. That's a good guess because he's got so many.
Speaker 4: I don't know.
Speaker 2: I'm going the weekend.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'll tell you what.
Speaker 1: When he was announced as the Super Bowl halftime show, this is me just not knowing anything. I'm like, are you sure? Is he big enough for that? He's big enough for that? I mean the weekend?
Speaker 2: Is I just solid?
Speaker 1: It took me a little bit of time to realize how huge he is is. He now has the most songs with the billion streams on Spotify, eighteen songs.
Speaker 2: His performance.
Speaker 4: During the COVID year of like the VMA's Remember when he was by himself. That's one of the coolest things I've ever seen on the New York City skyline.
Speaker 1: He was on that balcony. That's a glass balcony that they built in New York, right, and it like hangs off the side of the building.
Speaker 10: So cool.
Speaker 1: And they must have been doing drone footage of him out there. Yeah, you gotta go look that up. Weekend is huge, and you know what I was saying, Everybody loves the weekend.
Speaker 2: Everybody loves the weekend.
Speaker 1: Hell, everybody loves the weekend, whether it was Wednesday, whether rest of the artists. The first word, the first movie to feature the word vagina. I was just like, Okay, I'm out of here. It was a Disney movie. Hal Yeah, it was an educational film they released in nineteen forty six called The Story of That Is.
Speaker 2: You'll all need to watch it.
Speaker 1: There's a billion streams there. Disney sot Disney clean it up, rod, it's a Disney fact.
Speaker 2: Helpful.
Speaker 1: Americans eat five hundred and fifty four million tacos from Jack in the Box every year. That's neat a drinking. That's one thousand a minute.
Speaker 7: Go Jack, It's the fuck back to the Day.
Speaker 2: We make you look smart, buddy, It's the fuck to the Day.
Speaker 1: Okay. I imagine someone's hearing this for the first time. Please tell them what tickets were given away.
Speaker 2: We announced this Lincoln Park show yesterday.
Speaker 4: They're playing Global Life Field in Arlington November eighth, so they don't have a show here in Houston, but we're sending you to them on tour. This is their new tour. Tickets already went on sale for this. They go on till Friday, but we got a pair for you and go listen to their new song.
Speaker 1: It's on the music blog page. It's great second single from the upcoming album. It's so great. It's your back all right to go see Lincoln Park. What was the fun fact about the Oval Office Secret Service? Uh? They can keep track of where the president is at all times, even when they're not allowed in there. What was that fun fact? That was the I thought that was the funnest fact yesterday seven one three two point two five nine four five. Now time for rock out with yours dock Out with Captain Cash. Okay, dude, hands back on, how are you?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Very good. I'll be doing Wall Street yesterday.
Speaker 14: Not too bad that that was up eighty three points. Kickoff this morning at forty two two hundred and eight NaSTA C Cup one hundred to eighteen thousand and seventy four bench mar ten year Treasury set a three point seventy five percent oil stands as seventy one dollars one cent a barrel to the most actives, the big studs Caterpillar, Dow and Salesforce, the big duds Visa, Amgen, and Microsoft on the economic calendar.
Speaker 1: This morning, we'll get numbers on new home sales for August.
Speaker 14: Right now. Features on the episode hang on to This will be a pause opening right here on Wall Street.
Speaker 5: That's it.
Speaker 1: I'm out here.
Speaker 14: This is Halan Manage, the director with the Raemy James porter for the Rod Ryan Show. From Ramy James on Stam Flee, Ben Agustin and Donfica Doy rock out with your stockout.
Speaker 9: Famian's expressed for those of helland and not necessarily those of Raymond James and Associatesank Come ever NYC, as IBC, I ART Radio or sponsors. Information is based on sources believed to be reliable, but it's not guaranteed. If there's no insurance transmission, we'll continue. If this is not a solicitation offer or recommendation to buyer sell any security refer to your end this programs or educational and informational services on the does and dots are based on movement, as reported by Young.
Speaker 1: Finance ninety four five. The Buzz Welcome Back rod Ryan Show, Help You're off show A great start to your day. Uh, don't bother asking me where Chilly's at. I will find out where he's at. When you find out where he's at at seven o five, I know it's exciting because he's bringing one hundred pair of tickets with him, two hundred tickets total, one hundred of you we'll be into the Rod Ryan Show twenty anniversary party that go out and see Chili. But asking me now is not going to get you anywhere. Okay, I'll find out with you at seven oh five. It's your fun. Good morning, rod Ryan's Show. I'm not telling you where Chili is enough? Good morning? Who is this? Hello? Good morning? Good morning? Stop asking where Chili's at? Are you? Are you calling about the fun fat flashback here? Okay? So this is for Lincoln Park tickets. My goodness. So what did we find out about the Oval Office yesterday that I thought was really really interesting?
Speaker 11: Uh, the Oval Office has the pressure sensor so they know where the president is at all times.
Speaker 1: You know what, Yeah, the floor. So there's plenty of times that the President says cleared the room and even Secret Service is not in there, so they have pressure sensors in the floor, so Secret Service can monitor exactly where the president is at all times when they're not allowed in there. So I can only imagine, you know, back in the day, they're like, Okay, Clinton's in his chair. Great, what is that one hundred and seventy five pounds right in front of the chair doing what is that extra weight? What is that extra weight right there in front of that chair? Is that the intern? Again? Congratulations, I'm gonna give you tickets to Lincoln Park. Thank you so much. You know, it was a great moment that we announced Lincoln Park, and then some of you were upset because there is not a Houston date as of now. So November eighth, Globe Life Field in Arlington, you are into that show. Tickets not on sale untill this Friday. Okay, thank you.
Speaker 10: So much.
Speaker 9: I much hyper ventilating over here.
Speaker 1: No, no, okay, okay, you just relax all right. Thanks for being thank you, thank you for listening, thanks for being a great part of homeroom.
Speaker 11: Okay, thank you.
Speaker 1: Okay, hang on for me. We're gonna go right into Houston's headlines. Okay, let's do you guys, and Alisa, I'm gonna put her on hold. Bobby Jokes will get her because there's no Chili. Why would Chilely be here on a Wednesday.
Speaker 2: It's that's like not his thing anymore.
Speaker 1: Where's chile at Wednesday? So we'll find out at seven oh five where his location is. We've got a thirty percent chance of rain, partly cloudy hive ninety two, fifty percent chance of scattered thunderstorms tonight. Do not let that keep you indoors. Katie. I'm coming to you with a ton of tickets. I'll be at Home Run Dugout tonight from seven until nine, and our friends Rosie are going to be playing. And it's kind of a congratulations party as they have been added to the Rod Ryan Show twentieth Anniversary party October twelfth at the Carbock Brewery. Okay, let's get after it, Tessa. What are Houston's headlines?
Speaker 4: Thousands of Florida residents are being ordered to evacuate ahead of tropical storm Halleene. The storm is expected to become a hurricane today and it would be the fourth hurricane to make landfall in the United States when it hits Florida's Gulf Coast, probably late Thursday.
Speaker 2: So prayers for our friends in Florida.
Speaker 1: We know how this thing goes.
Speaker 2: Forecaster say Helen could make landfall in the.
Speaker 4: Big Ben region of Florida as a Category three hurricane as it intensifies over the warm waters of the Gulf of Mexico. A Senate report finds a Secret Services facing numerous problems keeping it from doing its job effectively. It's ninety four page report and it was released today. It finds out a number of failures and security planning and communication directly contributed to the July assassination attempt against former President Trump out of Pennsylvania rally.
Speaker 2: The report specifically.
Speaker 4: Cited a lack of chain of command, poor coordination with local law enforcement, and inadequate resources. Okay, so today is National One Hit Wonder Day and Alex that probably leaves you asking which one hit wonder aligns with my zodiac?
Speaker 2: This is two days.
Speaker 3: This is not a news story.
Speaker 1: What are you doing over there?
Speaker 3: It's just making up?
Speaker 2: Is go ahead?
Speaker 3: Vanilla Ice?
Speaker 1: No wrong?
Speaker 2: Please, Alex? This is my story. Please this is the same thing though, none of that matter.
Speaker 1: You're going zodiac heavy this week, two days in a row.
Speaker 2: I just feel like you guys should know and you love this song?
Speaker 5: Do I?
Speaker 2: As a Virgo?
Speaker 1: I'm forced to watch it with my daughter the.
Speaker 4: Video this song is called dance Monkey by Tones and Eye, and since Virgo is prone to hyper focused monkey behavior, stop me when I'm lying. What it's doing weird, repetitive and completely obstinate things in a signature way. That is your calling card. Now, please play the next song I have lined up?
Speaker 1: What is this one?
Speaker 2: This is Afroman? Alex loves this song.
Speaker 4: It's called Because I Got Hypridkiss is the sign of altered states and pastel oblivion, and Afroman's anthem of all that could have been done if he hadn't have said yes to.
Speaker 2: Excess speaks to your escapist spirit. Alex, Do you like this song?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 1: No, this is the most useless thing.
Speaker 3: Let me just tell you less important. It's been reported on this show.
Speaker 1: Lucky Lucky, Lucky Geminis. Your song is informer from Snow, the greatest, the greatest Canadian white rapper of all time.
Speaker 4: Yes, so this is Gemini's to find their spirit mirrored in this fast fitting song.
Speaker 1: Oh please, all right, this is so dumb we gave it its own link. It's on links and guests. This morning I sent this to Chili to put up as a link, and he said, I'm leaving. Oh I should, I'm glad.
Speaker 2: I need to fight Chili. Oh, Chili's is a cake by the ocean. Okay, let's see. Oh, this is a serious story.
Speaker 4: Brett far revealed yesterday that he has Parkinson's disease. He was testifying before Congress about a welfare fraud scandal that he's caught up in. He's not actually facing any charges. He's already he's already repaid more than a million dollars in funds that were allegedly misspent. But he says he was a victim too. He says he was scammed by a biotech company with ties to the case that claimed to be developing a concussion drug. So he said that, you know, I was this was a cause dear to my heart, even though it's too late for me. I've recently been diagnosed with Parkinson's. So Barb is fifty four years old. He played twenty years in the NFL, mostly with the Green Bay Packers. It's not clear that his condition was caused by concussions, but he went on to say that he's experienced. He says, initially he thought maybe he's had five concussions, but he thinks now looking back, he's had more like a thousand or more, because a concussion is defined when you like, see stars, you had blacks out like He's like, that's happened to me over a thousand times in my time in the NFL, which is pretty insane. All right, Let's talk about soundtracks, because Rolling Stone magazine did a list of the one hundred and one greatest soundtracks of all time. You guys are tired of the Prince stuff. But number one on the list is the Purple Rained soundtrack in nineteen eighty four.
Speaker 1: God It Beat the Beatles, Help Yes was number two. Hard Day's Night, number four, Saturday Night Fever in at five, What would we care about here? Pulp fiction?
Speaker 2: Oh, no fiction?
Speaker 1: In at seven, Rushmore the movie filmed here in Houston. Great soundtrack, great movie. And at number twelve.
Speaker 2: Boogie Knights nineteen.
Speaker 1: Yeah, pretty impink train spotting. This is a pretty good list.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I go check it out. Tell me use a one page. Those are recent outlines.
Speaker 1: Astros get it done. Yeah.
Speaker 5: For the fourth year in a row, the Houston Astros are Ale West Champions, their seventh Ale West Side in the last eight years.
Speaker 7: As well.
Speaker 5: They beat the Mariners last night four to three. It's their eighth straight year making the postseason.
Speaker 3: They're gonna wrap up this series at the Mariners this afternoon.
Speaker 5: You say, Kakuchi will be on the mound for the shows going up against Seattle's George Kirby first pitches at Wednesday, and you can hear it on our sister station, Sports Talk seven to ninety. That's what's going on in sports US.
Speaker 1: Say yeah, where Chili at?
Speaker 5: Where?
Speaker 2: Yeah, don't ask us.
Speaker 1: Chilli, tell me where yeat? All right, we'll find out where chili's at. It's where yeat Chili? Wednesday at seven o five he will announce where he is with one hundred pair of tickets to the Rod Ryan Show twentieth Anniversary party. It's all coming up The.
Speaker 12: Rod Ryan Morning Show, six Am, The Buzz ninety four or five The Buzz, Good Morning, rod Ryan's Shows, Green.
Speaker 1: Day, American Idiot, welcome to the seventh Spot. If you're carrying over from Home Room, thank you I for you just joining the show. Wakey, wakey, Hands off those cup cakeys. There's a chance of some rain tonight. Thirty percent chance of rain today, partly cloudy, high ninety two, fifty percent chances some scattered Thunderstorm's gonna move out early though, so we should be good. It might be a little damp out there. I'm going to be out tonight. Last time I was out there, the only time I've been to the home Run Dugout because you were out there, forever clear. Yes, last year home Run Dugout out in Katie. I was there for that Hawthorne Heights Emo fest and it was a little rainy out there, but nobody cared it just it went with the whole emo vibe. Okay. He had like black eyelines and running down everybody's face. Oh yeah, Rosie's going to be playing tonight. They are now a part of The rod Ryan Show twentyth anniversary party. They have been added to the already stellar lineup of Shine Down, Sublime, Blue, October Theory, dead Man in the XE. He's October twelve, Carbock Brewery. You guys know all this, but yeah, Rosie was announced and they are going to be doing an acoustic set to get us started out there at the brewery as a way of saying thank you and a congratulation congratulations party, so to speak, is going on tonight. They're going to play fully plugged in at the home run Dugout. I'll be there seven to nine, and I'm bringing at least thirty pair of tickets with me to the anniversary show. Okay, thirty pair sixty tickets. Thirty of you coming out to see me and Katie tonight are going to get into the party.
Speaker 8: Now.
Speaker 1: Let me just get that out of the way. Like I'm the opening showy. The headliner is Chili this morning, because he has just kind of owned Wednesdays for the last couple of those Wednesdays. Chile, good morning, We're going on the brack. There you are, there, you are. He was here this and now he's gone. I believe this is where's Chili at Wednesday? Yes? So was I right in saying one hundred pair of tickets you're gonna be giving out this morning.
Speaker 2: You did not lie?
Speaker 1: Yeah, tell everybody where you're at Chili. All right.
Speaker 10: So right now I'm hanging out in the parking lot of the Academy Sports and Outdoor on Glost Freeway on the south side of Houston, right between Edgebrook and Airport Boulevard.
Speaker 1: There's the location.
Speaker 2: Stop speeding now, safely.
Speaker 1: Now hang on a second. No buzz Van, No, iHeart Van, there's really you have Have you been made yet?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 8: No?
Speaker 3: You know what, I love it.
Speaker 10: It feels good to have a little bit of relaxation time before the madness start.
Speaker 1: So the last couple of weeks people have seen the station vehicles out and they said, okay, that smells like something. Something's up over here. So we sent Chili. Uh in a plane gray wrapper. Okay, that's my CB term.
Speaker 13: Uh.
Speaker 1: So he's just out there. They're just in civilian vehicles. So I imagine that's a pretty big parking lot. I mean, are you have you set a fire? How do people know where you are? Are you just like in the middle of note? Like, are you just the one guy standing there? Yeah?
Speaker 10: Okay, so you'll see you'll see the promotions apartment Marvin and then with the girls out here and then we're gonna be you can't miss.
Speaker 11: As soon as you put you'll see me.
Speaker 10: Okay, perfect, and you can't miss as we got the table sit up here with the tickets.
Speaker 1: Okay, So look for Chili, like Chili is not the most identified, like, oh, just look for Marvin, everybody a little bit of wait, just look for Marvin and the girls. Don't worry about it.
Speaker 4: Chilli.
Speaker 1: All right, Chili, pretty recognizable guy. Okay, you're gonna see him out there, Chili right now. Academy Sports and Outdoors. Golf Freeway is where you're going to be gonna be hanging with him, Golf Freeway between Airport and edge Brook and uh all right, now what about the Facebook live I'm looking for you, dude.
Speaker 2: You remember I'm on Facebook.
Speaker 1: You on the road? You are on course, broke? Come on, does how do you do you have wooden ball? There he is? Oh, yeah, there's hey. There he is. He's waving. Okay, you can't miss him because Academy Sports and Outdoors they're not open yet. And an Academy is a big sponsor of the twentieth year. So we're giving away the gift cards and everything. So there's nobody in the parking lot. There's my man Chili, and he looks lonely. He looks so Roan Rey Right now, I think this is so what a difference between bringing a vehicle from the station and not. It's just Chili out there in his truck, like his personal truck.
Speaker 2: That is wild Chili. When you talk to them, make him say something, Well, be like twenty years, let's have some beers or I've waited twenty years to that.
Speaker 1: Make them say, make them do.
Speaker 4: Something jumping jacks, yeah, to the girls, I push ups or something academy sports and out door Or is Chili out there live right now?
Speaker 1: Golf Freeway between Airport and Edgebrook that's forty five south for some of you. And he has one hundred pair of tickets. I'd like to have somebody roll up while we're on the air live right now.
Speaker 10: You know what, I thought, we work when I have somebody, But you know what, it's kind of like aport right now.
Speaker 1: Yes, I don't know, it's so funny.
Speaker 2: Just bring the tickets back and no one wants them, Just bring them back.
Speaker 1: Guys him on Facebook. We got one and we got one him on Facebook right now, just standing there with nobody around him.
Speaker 7: So funny we got one day.
Speaker 2: Who is it?
Speaker 1: He's just standing Whether or not I don't know, but yeah, tell me just drop him by.
Speaker 10: It looked like he was pulling up, but nope, not that.
Speaker 2: Don't tell her, don't make eye contact.
Speaker 1: Chilli's scary. She's like, I'm not kidding, all right, Chillie, We'll check back in with you after the break.
Speaker 2: Oh, we got one in that one, and I know it's.
Speaker 1: Gonna be a much different scene. We got about a six minute break here. So when we come back to chili, here they come. They're running over to Now.
Speaker 2: He's gonna get on, brodail.
Speaker 3: What are you driving from?
Speaker 7: Kind of a Middown area, midtown area, from midtown?
Speaker 1: He came from midtown.
Speaker 2: What does he want?
Speaker 1: That's awesome?
Speaker 10: Do you want to talk to him?
Speaker 1: Ron? Sure? Here, hold on, hey, don't swear. Hey, good morning. What's your name? Daniel? Where were you when you heard the location of where chili was?
Speaker 11: Ken mclaar is right at the McDonald's, just grabbing a little bite to eat.
Speaker 1: Okay, So he just did a little U turn and got your got your car turned around to get over there. Yes, sir, oh, here they come all right, see him pulling out.
Speaker 2: Ye got several here now, dude, do some push ups for the live stream.
Speaker 7: Yo ho.
Speaker 12: And the Rod Ryan Morning Show, Houston's Rock Houston's and The Rock Ryan Morning.
Speaker 1: Show ninety four or five to the Buzz, Good Morning, Rod Ryan's Show, thirty Chance of Rain, part of the Clumbates Guys high up around ninety two. You can watch Chili do his thing, work his magic as he is out. It's where yet Chili. Wednesday, he is in the parking lot of Academy Sports and Outdoors Golf Freeway aka forty five South between Airport and Edgebrook, and he is still giving out tickets. He started with one hundred pair of tickets to the Rod Ryan Show twentieth anniversary party. We're trying to get him on the phone. We're trying to get him on the phone. It's a mob scene out there right now. So let's find out what's trending.
Speaker 4: Well, that's the number one trend is the fact that Chile has one hundred pair of tickets. And I want to know maybe how many he has now because I see a mob of people on the live stream.
Speaker 2: I'm in the live stream comments like make them do push ups. Everyone's late to work. That's the story I'm getting. People heard that we were there and they're taking the.
Speaker 1: U turn to go.
Speaker 2: Mob Chile at the Academy parking lot.
Speaker 1: Let me talked to Bobby Jokes over here, who's he's like the adopted son of Chili working in the in the Chili bawl. Hey do we have communication with them?
Speaker 3: I'm still trying.
Speaker 7: They're not picking up.
Speaker 1: They're not picking up. It's a mob scene out there, so I can tell you I see him. He's still directing people to go and get their tickets. He started with one hundred pair. We'll try to get an update from him. We're trying. It's just everyone is mobbed out there right now. So, hey, Chili, pick up Marvin's phone. We're calling Marvin because I think Chili's using his phone for the Facebook feed, So we're trying to call. We're trying to call one of the promotions people so that we can use their phone. What else is trending?
Speaker 4: Okay, So remember that Willy Wonka weird scam that like people were invited to this Willy Wop experience.
Speaker 2: It was so weird and it was just bad.
Speaker 1: It was an interactive, immersive experience and it was just people got ripped off.
Speaker 4: The same thing happened for a Bridgerton experience that was sold. People paid three hundred dollars a ticket and it was supposed to be this in chan experience and you show up and there's like.
Speaker 2: One solo violin playing. There's a little bit of food, some of it's like undercooked. It's weird.
Speaker 4: People are bored on their phones. They brought in a stripper at one but not a stripper, a pull dancing artist at one point.
Speaker 2: For the Bridgerton experience.
Speaker 4: It was weird. People are very upset at this company that tried to put this on. They feel very scammed. Also, we know the craze that is moodang. But can I interest you in a baby Pesto. Baby Pesto was a little penguin. He's a baby king penguin that was born at the Melbourne Aquarium.
Speaker 2: Now check it out.
Speaker 4: Baby Pesto is bigger than both of his parents. He is an absolute unit of a baby penguin and people have fallen in love with him, and they are going down the rabbit hole the same way they did with Moodang. Go look at baby Pesta the penguin. He's only nine months old. People are like booking flights to go see him anyway.
Speaker 2: That's what's trending a night four five of the bus.
Speaker 1: All right, Bobby jokes, any update. Chili is getting mobbed. It looks like like some boy band is out there, a bunch of girls and dudes just freaking out. We have we heard from anybody over there?
Speaker 3: Still trying, I said at Chile. Maybe whoever's got his phone can't see the text.
Speaker 1: All right, maybe just a listener can call me.
Speaker 2: Oh and Mundo is there. Mundo made an appearance.
Speaker 1: All right, Wait a minute, I see I see Marvin, but he's not picking up his phone. Okay, so Chili is out there. He still has tickets. I will get an update from him after this. It took him about ten, not even fifteen minutes to blow out fifty, so maybe he'll have tickets for another few minutes or so. Here's what I have for you while we're waiting for an update from Chile. One of the bands that is a part of the Rod Ryan Show twentyth anniversary party is the x Sis. You heard Scott Stevens is coming out from the ex Sies. I'd like to reintroduce the band the Xies to you guys to get you even more excited about the Rod Ryan Show twentieth anniversary Party. I think you all know Shining Down, Sublime, Blue, October, Theory of a Dead Man, Rosie locals say, but the X's are gonna be playing as well, So let's do this. I'm gonna play you the x Ss, then we're gonna check in with Chili. Then I'm gonna give you Metallica tickets. It's gonna work just like that. Don't go anywhere. Remember this song. This is why I'm so excited about them being a part of the anniversary show. It's the Exies and Ugly. Good luck getting those tickets. It's ninety four or five The Buzz. Yeah, I remember those guys. They've played a couple of Buzzfest with us, ninety four to five The Buzz. That's the Exies and Ugly and I hope you get the new one on for you too. They got a brand new song that is killer, might be better than that. That's Xi's Ugly. They're gonna be playing the Rod Ryan Show twentyth anniversary party. Scott Stevens from the xe's is coming in to do to perform Acoustic Okay with Theory of a Dead Man, Blue, October, Sublime, and Shine Down. The show is October twelfth. It's at the Carbock Brewery and you gotta win your way in, and many of you are winning your way in right now. I got him, I got him. He's the hardest man. And show me is to get ahold of. I got chilli on the hotline right now.
Speaker 5: Chill it, man?
Speaker 10: What's that?
Speaker 8: Bro?
Speaker 1: I see you're getting mobbed out there. I know you're busy. I won't keep you along because you have your adoring fans. You do you still have tickets? You started with one hundred pair of tickets. Do you still have tickets? Before I give up the location?
Speaker 10: All right, bro, Look we already got more than one hundred people in line.
Speaker 1: Oh no, don't give up the location. We're barely number fifty five right now.
Speaker 10: He's in and out and we found it down the line and there's more than one hundred people.
Speaker 1: So that's it. No, that's it. We're actually okay, that I will then I won't give your location. Nah, I'm looking. I'm seeing the Facebook Live looks great, dude, Thank you.
Speaker 3: But it's it's the listeners that make us look good.
Speaker 4: Bro.
Speaker 1: I mean, look look at this line, bron.
Speaker 2: If you're on Facebook Live, I am, yeah, thats so cool.
Speaker 1: That is so cool. Okay, got people.
Speaker 10: We got people that are supposed to take the.
Speaker 1: Kids to school and they said we're gonna be late today. I mean, we got people.
Speaker 10: We got a lady that looked like he either worked at a doctor's office or at a dentist. She was like, man, I'm trying to get my tickets. I mean, look, we got a little furry dog over here, so you know, but it's itck guys, it's a good view, man, It's a nice view.
Speaker 8: All right.
Speaker 1: Well, Chili down on the Gold Freeway. Obviously the Gold Freeway came in strong this morning. He's out. He is out. One hundred pair of tickets are spoken for for the Rod Ryan Show twentieth Anniversary party. Thank you, Chili. Great job out there. Just keep the Facebook Live role and I love watching you out there work your magic with all of our amazing morning listeners. I didn't I thought it was gonna last a little longer than that, to be honest with you. Wow, one hundred pair of gone. Okay, Well, all is not lost. I'll giveaway a pair on the air today at around nine ten, okay, and then I'm gonna bring about they told me I can have thirty pair tonight at the home Run dugout out in Katie. I'll be there seven and nine. Rosie's going to be playing live. Sure it might be a little it might be a little rain out there to deal with. Don't worry about that. Okay, home Run dugout out in Katie seven to nine. I'm bringing a ton of tickets. Do you have any of those Metallica tickets laying around? We do, Well, let's do something with them.
Speaker 4: Okay. So Metallica the m seventy two World Tour with Pantera and Suicidal Tendencies is going to be at NRG Stadium June fourteenth. Now, tickets aren't even on sale for this. They go on till Friday.
Speaker 2: But you can win a pair right now.
Speaker 1: Okay. I'm looking for caller number ten for Metallica tickets seven one three, two, win two five nine four five. Here's the Lincoln Park, ninety four to five, The Buzz ninety four five, The Buzz, Good Morning, rod Ryan Show. The best song on the radio right now, and I mean for now, it's Lincoln Park, the emptiness Machine, Alex, Why don't you give me? Why don't you give me that new one? And maybe maybe that will replace it?
Speaker 2: Heby is the Crown?
Speaker 1: Heavy is the Crown? Lincoln Park got a new song yesterday and it's from the upcoming album with the new singer, and it is awesome. It is awesome. Give you give me a little listen to listen, and then I'll go to the phones. I know you guys are calling for big tickets here. I want to take a listen to this new Lincoln Park. It's like maybe they only got one good song on this new album with the new singer. Now they don't have two now.
Speaker 15: Pouring in, You're laid on the flow again when not get the door and then you both know how to so ends you can't win if your white flags out when the war begins, and so high it's springing, so low for trying to catch five and feeling it's so cold, hold it inside and hope you won't show him saying it's not, but inside I know.
Speaker 1: It's gonna be to day now this cause.
Speaker 13: Some time I'm explaining the show, guys, this is the best song. This is the best song that's not on the.
Speaker 1: Radio right now. Turned run. We need that, We need that on the on the air, stat We need that on the air stat That is great, Wizard, hope you hand meg if you want to hear the whole song that's headlining the music blog page today. And and you guys, are you know? The playing field is absolutely level? Now. I found out that Lincoln Park put out a new single yesterday from you guys. Emails started pouring in, Rod, have you heard this? Rod? Have you heard this? Rod? Have you heard this? I sent it over to Radio Wizard, thinking, oh, he must know about this. He's like, what I didn't know about this? Label didn't say anything to me. Nobody said anything to me about this. So sometimes we're getting our information from you guys, and in this case, we absolutely did. It's a great song.
Speaker 4: Apparently it's the anthem, the official anthem us a video for League of Legends Worlds twenty twenty four anthem, which is a supremely popular so legal Legends.
Speaker 2: If you don't know.
Speaker 4: On YouTube has like fifteen million subscribers fifteen million plus.
Speaker 1: Is that one of those video games in the arenas that they play. Yes, my friend was working for them for a while. He his background. It was my friend Sig. His name would come up every now and then when we used to do promotions with the Voodoo Festival in New Orleans. It was my friend Sig who was involved in booking the bands and everything. He got out of that and he got into this this EA world or whatever it is like the world of gaming. I said, what are you doing? He goes, bro, I'm traveling around the world and we have video game players and these professional video video game players playing in arenas, and that we're selling out arenas. And that's what he went from booking Marilyn Manson in New Orleans to video games and traveling and traveling the world.
Speaker 4: I know none of us are like heavy gamers, but we absolutely acknowledge a popularity of these things. And so, as of right now, have you is the Crown? The official music video premiered twenty one hours ago. It already has almost nine million streams on YouTube, Like that is insane.
Speaker 16: It is.
Speaker 2: The number is the third most watched video on YouTube right now with that song.
Speaker 1: So you're telling me that we need to play that song.
Speaker 2: Maybe we get it on our rotation once or twice.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's really good. It's really good. Which is just has any is there one of you? Is there even one of you willing to admit I liked the Emptiness Machine out of the gate. It's well documented, you got the receipts. Is there any of you that went from this is not for me, that's not chester. I'm not having this to your mind being changed now because you've heard the song and now you're understanding the process, and like, wait a minute, maybe Mike Shinoda and the rest of the guys, maybe they know what they're doing here. Yeah, is there one of you willing to say you went from I don't like it to okay, I'm on board now, not just like I don't want anybody it's okay, it's not okay, it's the best song on the radio. Okay. I'm just wondering if anybody is willing to say they've changed their ways a little bit. Let's go to the phones. Good morning, Hello, Hello, what what who's this? Cody? Hi, Cody, how are you I'm doing good. Could I interest you in some Metallica tickets? Oh? Yes, sir, you got them.
Speaker 11: Awesome, Thank you you.
Speaker 1: Got them, dude. Metallica June fourteenth, twenty twenty five, Pantera Suicidal Tendencies opening up the show. Tickets not on sale until this Friday, although a lot of people. You know, what I was seeing that I was blown away is when people were in the queue to win tickets. They were sending me screen caps. They were number thirty three thousand in line.
Speaker 2: Damn.
Speaker 1: Okay. You know, like I remember sitting here in the queue for some shows, and you know, you got like the thousand people in front of you. You got eight hundred people in front of you. You're thinking, oh, I'm never going to get in. There were thirty thousand people in front of some of our listeners.
Speaker 3: That's pretty wide.
Speaker 1: And they were at the end of that getting your ticketsne Hey, Cody, you don't got to worry about any of that. You're going to see Metallica. Have you ever seen them before? Noir? Okay, bucket listening, that's bucket listener there, man. I appreciate you. Cody. Where are you from? Spring?
Speaker 8: All right?
Speaker 1: Spring on the board thank you, Thank you, Cody, have a great time at that show. Bobby jokes to get all your information. All right, Well, Chilly is out of rod Ryan Show twenty Anniversary party tickets. Uh, you know, I got a bunch tonight. I'm heading out to Katie. I will be out at the home Run Dugout tonight seven and nine, and then we'll give away a pair on the air at nine ten Today Good Luck.
Speaker 12: Houston's Rock, Houston's Alternative, and The rod Ryan Morning Show.
Speaker 16: Us all Right, ninety four five, The Boy's Good Morning, rod Ryan's Show, All American Rejects, and Dirty Little Secret rod Ryan Show Wildcard Wednesday.
Speaker 1: Jeez, we gave away Lincoln Park tickets on the show. We gave away Metallica tickets on the show. Already we're not even at the halfway point yet. We gave away one hundred pair of tickets to the rod Ryan Show twentyth anniversary party. That's before the halfway point of the show. I don't know what these other morning shows do. I don't but they're not doing that. Okay. I'm a little busy doing this so I can't listen to them, but I know they're not doing that. Still, still to come those I'm spitting facts, spitting facts. I got floor tickets to go see Wheezer at around a twenty anniversary party, tickets at nine to ten, That two hundred dollars Academy Sports and Outdoors gift card celebrating twenty years, twenty days. That's coming your way. I know the show now. There is a little bit of a chance of rain, thirty percent chance today, fifty percent chances scattered thunderstorms tonight. It doesn't stop me. That doesn't stop Rosie. Should it stop you from joining me out at the home run dugout out in Katie, I don't think it's gonna be a wash the whole night. Rain's gonna move out. Might be a little sprinkling out there in the beginning, But I'm there seven and nine tonight with thirty pair of tickets.
Speaker 13: Hurry.
Speaker 1: Barto Mendoza asked me tonight that, Katie, I know I heard you're giving out tickets to the party. Do we wait in line somewhere? Thanks for everything you do for the city. No, there will be no line except for signing up and putting your name in a box. And then what I'm gonna do is draw names so it's not a first come, first serve basis. I really should have been mentioning that you're very right, Herbie A Riato, You're very right. I should have been clear on that. I'm gonna have you sign up, put your name in a box, and then I'll draw names throughout the night. That's how it's gonna work tonight. Rosie's gonna be rocking live. I can't wait the big boy out on a Wednesday night. What's my problem here? I'm out on Wednesday.
Speaker 2: Are living it up there.
Speaker 1: Out on Wednesday? No shots for me. You guys can do all the shots you want. I got to be here tomorrow, all right, let's go. What are Houston's headlines.
Speaker 4: Thousands of Florida residents are being ordered to evacuate ahead of tropical storm Halleen. Helene is also forcing NASA to change his launch plans. The Space Agency says the crewed SpaceX launch scheduled for a Thursday, has been pushed back to September twenty eighth.
Speaker 3: So Helene is.
Speaker 4: Expected to hit Florida's Golf Coast Thursday tomorrow as a Category three hurricane.
Speaker 2: So they are expecting the Cat three they're.
Speaker 4: Expecting it to turn to a Cathody hurricane because it'll intensify over those warm Gulf of Mexico waters.
Speaker 2: Ryan Ruth is.
Speaker 4: Officially being charged with the attempted assassination of a major presidential candidate. Prosecutors filed the charge yesterday afternoon. Ruth allegedly camped outside Trump's West Palm golf course for hours.
Speaker 2: He was armed with a rifle. This all happened earlier this month.
Speaker 4: Listen, if you've got a twelve foot skeleton in your yard, just know your neighbors are possibly judging you for it is late September, too early to put up your Halloween decorations.
Speaker 1: Well, you know what.
Speaker 4: We went to the polls this one because even though there's a national poll, we like to ask our listeners what they think when is the best time to decorate for Halloween.
Speaker 2: Fifty percent of our listeners say now is fine.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Thirty four percent say no, it's got to be the first week of October, five point six percent say wait till the second week of October, and nine point six say don't decorate at all.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I wanted to give you that option. There's a bunch of people that just like hate holidays.
Speaker 2: So hey, give you internet hate period. So yeah, what's your situation over there?
Speaker 4: Rod?
Speaker 2: Have you gotten anything else? I figured it's been too hot. It's too hot.
Speaker 1: It's been too hot. It's kind of tough with football. There's been some great football on and I just I gotta get to the storage unit. I gotta get all those damn bins.
Speaker 2: Is the Bill's flag up?
Speaker 1: Uh? Well yeah, yeah, Bill's stuff is out. That's no problem. I have all that out. Okay. So this Saturday, I have a party again giving away tickets. So I'm gonna be over at Onion Creek two to four giving away tickets. So my best hope is to go to the storage unit Sunday and maybe start doing a little decorating on Sunday.
Speaker 2: And that'll be right on pour because then isn't the first like that? Tuesday?
Speaker 1: October's just thround the corner.
Speaker 4: Yeah that's fine, that's fine, okay, So go a vote on our pool. If you don't like those results, you can go change that. If you happen to watch the second episode from this season of Tulsa King, you probably saw a familiar face because Jelly Roll just made his acting debut across from Sylvester salone. Now Jelly plays himself, which feels like a seamless introduction in the world of acting. In his scene, he's walking through a crowd and then stops to meet Sylvester, who accidentally calls him Jellyfish. Jelly doesn't correct him, but he hears him sing a bit of I am not okay, and Slide knows he's being punked.
Speaker 2: So Sly's character thinks.
Speaker 4: That Jelly Roll as a janitor, he looks like pretty natural up there.
Speaker 1: Good for him.
Speaker 2: I believe he's going to be the musical guest on SNL.
Speaker 1: This weekend, and they have already said they're gonna use him in a skit.
Speaker 2: There you go.
Speaker 1: So if it's pre recorded or live, but usually with those guys, they do like something pre recorded. They did a really funny one with christ Apleton. It was something that they must have, you know, done production during the week and aired it. So I don't know what they're gonna do with Jelly but you know what, I hope a skit.
Speaker 2: What maybe they used Bunny for a skit.
Speaker 1: Okay, Jelly Roll is the guest. Buddy is not the guest.
Speaker 2: She's popular.
Speaker 1: Everyone knows not everyone knows her. You're annoying.
Speaker 2: All Show. I've looked for him for just some comfort all Show, and oh that's coming up, buddy.
Speaker 1: Hey, this is a new Lincoln Park song.
Speaker 2: It's right, that's right. They're come back from zero.
Speaker 4: Album is here, and this momentum is just building because they debuted a co vocalist, they built, they revealed a new drummer, they had this new album, the announcer.
Speaker 2: Going on tour.
Speaker 4: So the second single is called Heavy as the Crown. And it's not just a song either. If you heard me earlier, I mentioned it's the twenty twenty League of Legends World Championship album excuse me anthem, and it's already trending. It's the third most popular video on YouTube right now with like nine million views.
Speaker 1: I appreciate some of the honesty here listener, and good morning Rod and family. I definitely was not having the Lincoln Park song Emptiness Machine. Now I absolutely love it. Now. I love the second one. They are going to kick ass twenty year listeners. See you tonight, and all right, Fox Trot. I love the new song off the Rips, so You're not alone. I think she was a great choice and I bet Chester would agree, and then other people are saying, Rod this, these two singles from this new Lincoln Park album. Okay, right here, Marvin hot take, people can fight me. The two singles from this new Lincoln Park is better than the last two singles from the last Lincoln Park album. Ooh day.
Speaker 3: Well that's Whateverby said, and then they felt bad that they had that take.
Speaker 1: Yep, but he's loving this new stuff. I am too. This is great. You can hear the whole thing without us talking over it on the music blog page Alex.
Speaker 5: For the fourth Street year, Houston as West champions. They beat the Mariners last night, four to three. It's their eighth straight year making the postseason. They were once ten games behind Seattle at one point in the year.
Speaker 3: They're gonna wrap up their series with the Mariners this afternoon.
Speaker 5: You say, Kakuchi will be in the mount for this shows going up against Seattle's George Kirby. First pitches at one ten, and you can hear the game on our sister station, Sports Talk seven ninety that what's going on in sports?
Speaker 1: Okay, guys, even though we've given you a full four hour show in the in the two hours, we're only at the halfway point. Guys, more fun and more games, more everything.
Speaker 7: Houston's rocking alternatives, The Rod.
Speaker 9: Roy The Morning Show from six to ten AM, ninety four or five, Buzz.
Speaker 1: Okay ninety four to five, The Buzz Good Morning, Rod Ryan's Show. I mean, Chili just shut down his Facebook live about ten minutes ago. Uh huh, I mean he ain't got a I mean, there's no way he's getting here before nine o'clock, right, I mean he's just out. You think he was out this morning at Academy Sports Outdoors and he thought it would be a good idea to bring one hundred pair of tickets to the Rod Ryan Show twentieth anniversary party. One hundred pair of tickets he was given out. It was an absolute mob scene over there. It was fun, and he's just kind of wrapping things up. So Chili, if you're on your way back, be safe and we'll see you when you get here. Bobby Joke's doing a great job holding it down in the Chili Bowl right now. I'll have a pair of tickets for you online or I'm sorry on air on air. You know, remember when you used to call into radio shows and win tickets. I'm gonna do that. I'm gonna do that at around nine to ten today and then you know, I'm out tonight seven to nine. Don't worry about a little bit of rain out there. The Home Run Dugout, Okay, it is right there by the Grand Parkway. It's kind of tucked away where the cinema is, so there's a there's the indoor, the Andretti Indoor karting go kart place. It's right next door to that Whiskey Cake out.
Speaker 2: All the good stuff out there.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know what that is like. That area has completely grown in the last couple of years. Home Run Dugout is one of the coolest places.
Speaker 2: And my lovelessy Cake too. And I want to go to that racetrack and I like Home Run Dugout and it's all over there.
Speaker 1: I heard the racetrack is dope.
Speaker 2: I've heard that too.
Speaker 1: I heard those cars go fast, so I can say this. I love the guys over there, but man, get there early because parking it's crazy. It's going to be crazy. Now. I'm getting some questions about being out there. It's Home Run dug Out and Katie, I'm there seven to nine. Rosie's going to be playing live. Chris is doing his due diligence, he said. I looked at the home Run Dugout website. I didn't see anything about you guys being there. I promise you I'm there tonight seven to nine. I wouldn't do that to you. Is today a free event? Is there a place where I can purchase tickets for tonight? I did go through this on the year once before, and that's okay. You didn't hear or you weren't listening at the time that I said it. I don't charge a cover like the the bar is not allowed to charge a cover if I'm there giving away tickets. That's just a rule.
Speaker 2: That's the law, Okay.
Speaker 1: I just I don't allow it. I'm not gonna have somebody pay to come see me.
Speaker 2: It feel silly, like so is this you? It would be like it would be like.
Speaker 1: Charging for this radio show, Like who would pay to listen to this? Nobody? So I can't. I don't charge. I don't charge money. What I do in the morning is I ask you to listen to a few commercials, because that's what keeps us afloat. So I do ask you to listen to some commercials and that's what keeps this free. So you know something that I probably should mention once in a while is when you hear me talking about these great sponsors, especially the ones that we all do, when you hear us doing them, we're personally endorsing them. That really helps us if you guys use these companies. Okay, so it would be great for you to listen to a few of these commercials to keep this show free. But yeah, when I'm out, I can't even imagine somebody like coming off of even five bucks to commit in a place that I'm No, it's going to be free. It's not going to be a lineup situation. It's not a first come, first serve situation. I will have hopefully people helping me out there because I do anticipate a bit of a mob scene. I will have at least thirty pair of tickets to give away while I'm hanging out in the two hours. And what I'm going to do, and the best way to do it, and the fairest way to do it is have you fill out an entry form, one entry form per person. You put it in the box, and then I'm going to draw names and that's it. I mean that's all I'll have time to do. I'll do it for two hours. I'll break in hopefully, and I know Rosie will be cool about it. They're going to be playing live, and you know every couple, are they going.
Speaker 2: To let you do their stage announcement because you know the last man didn't let you.
Speaker 3: That's true.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so actually you might want to talk to their manager. Hustle your friend. He probably is not going to let you talk.
Speaker 1: I have cleared it with their manager and he said, I could go up on stage anytime to do what stage announcements that we need to do.
Speaker 2: Those are my kids, by the way, you'd be good for my babies.
Speaker 1: Very excited about being added to the twentieth anniversary party October twelfth at the car Bock Brewery, Shine Down, Sublime Blue October Theory, but dead Man X's. We played some X's today on the show. A couple of you said, oh yeah, I forgot that was them. What a great song.
Speaker 2: It's good.
Speaker 1: Scott Stevens from the Xe's I'm telling you you're gonna be happy that he's playing and he's coming in. I am. But they got a new song that I think we're gonna play on the show tomorrow, and then we added Rosie. So you can't buy tickets to the show, you have to win them. So come down, get your name in the entry, get your name in the in the box, and then I'll draw names. Okay, so that's how that's gonna work tonight. No, there's no cover charge. Yes, you're you're invited to come out and join me, and don't worry about that little bit of rain that we may be dealing with. I I don't know how to say this. I don't. I mean it, I do not have a hidden link today and links and guests.
Speaker 2: That's exactly what someone who had hit and that would say.
Speaker 1: I don't have a hidden link today. The last time, the last I had an Easter egg or a hidden link on the website to win tickets to the anniversary show, it was on three Things you Must see. I put a bonus thing on there because Tommy Lee, the guy's like sixty years old, and he's still thirsty for people to look at his wiener. It's so weird to me. I mean, I get it, he's got a good piece. I'm I'm happy for him. I'm the kind of guy when someone's when someone has a kicks down like that. I'm happy for them. I'm happy for Tommy Lee. It's weird how thirsty he is though he's an old man and he still puts out pictures of his wiener.
Speaker 4: So that's how I feel about tom Brady putting these workout thirst traps.
Speaker 2: Like, we get it.
Speaker 1: It's weird. We get it, bro, it's weird.
Speaker 4: You're you have a big piece, Tommy Lee and Tom Brady. You work out and you take your nutrition seriously. Like I understand these things.
Speaker 1: The shirtless tom Brady photos that you keep showing me, Like like, I'm like, ros, what does he do? I do not follow anything tom Brady, but I feel like every day you're showing me something well.
Speaker 2: Because I need your opinion on this. I'm like, is this what you want?
Speaker 7: My opinion?
Speaker 1: This anything tom Brady. It's pretty much the same across the bad.
Speaker 2: But wait, hold on.
Speaker 4: Speaking of Tommy Lee, you know his wife's a comedian, Brittey Furl and she's very funny.
Speaker 2: They she's funny, so she was very good on Vine.
Speaker 4: They had a coyote snatched one of their dogs from their backyard.
Speaker 1: Dude, I'm getting there.
Speaker 2: Oh thank god, you were talking about his peace.
Speaker 1: I'm getting there, okay, Well, dog not the piece. The last time I had a hidden link, Tommy Lee was on three Things You Must See, and that a lot of you went and saw that, and then you started to email in for the tickets. I have Tommy Lee back on three Things you Must See. God there is no wiener, but it is a coyote grabbing his dog, Nina, right out of his backyard, tried to run off with it. This is one of those ring doorbell camera yeah yeah, yea, yeah, you know, and the whole thing was recorded. So I'll say this, and I don't mean to fat shame a dog. It is very fat little but because Nina is a bit on the chubby side, the coyote couldn't get the dog over the wall. So Nina is doing okay. So it's actually celebrating the chubbiness of the dog right now.
Speaker 2: See to get fat, people can't kidnap you. That's the thing.
Speaker 1: And if Tommy Lee's in the video, I'm just gonna tell you right now. You know it contains profanity, okay, but any of us would do that if our dog was getting dragged off by a coyote. All of us would react that way. So Tommy Lee has pants on and he's chasing after his dog.
Speaker 2: It's Brittany and Britty in the rope. Prommy's in a robe and Brittany's there. Brittany's the hero.
Speaker 1: Hes on Brittany. Okay, she's a vine. Where's wine?
Speaker 2: Vine is gone?
Speaker 1: Okay, so Brittany's gone.
Speaker 2: But Brittany still very funny and still doing.
Speaker 1: Comedy online comedy, does she do stand up comedy?
Speaker 2: Has a podcast? Okay, And that's the extent of by knowledge. She struggles with anxiety.
Speaker 1: Please be on her. What three things you must see? Mark yourself free from Tommy Lee's penis, and you can go check that out. And I don't have a hidden link, at least on that link. I definitely don't have a hidden link.
Speaker 9: Rock and Alternative to The Rod Ryan Morning Show six to ten AM, The Buzz.
Speaker 1: Ninety four or five The Buzz Welcome Back rod Ryan Show. On this wild card Wednesday, I got some floor seats to go see Squeezer, Flaming Lips, Dino Junior on Saturday Night. Those are coming up Anniversary tickets at nine to ten the two hundred dollars Academy Sports and Outdoors gift card on Know the Shoe. Everyone's looking for a hidden link. I told you I didn't put one up today. I did not put a hidden link up today. I'm pretty honest about that. Zoe the Morning Brother Rod. That was a crazy video, the Tommy Lee puppy getting attacked. I also loved the pool table truck. Somebody looked at three things you must see today. Nobody looks at that link. I clicked on every other link just to see to try to win tickets. Thank you, Zoe. I told you there was no.
Speaker 2: Link today stumble check in.
Speaker 1: Or is there there isn't? It's not that what's trending?
Speaker 7: Please?
Speaker 2: Do you do the incrustables? Does London do the uncrustables?
Speaker 9: You know?
Speaker 1: Not really? I bought some them. I throw them in the freezer. I'm pulling out every now and then. She doesn't lose her mind, like like.
Speaker 2: I can't buy it. I can't buy them because you eat the whole bot.
Speaker 4: I like, I want them so badly, but I know I can't control myself with that.
Speaker 1: And you and your taxis hot Cheetos whatever that is.
Speaker 2: I do like talkies, but I really love hot Cheetos.
Speaker 1: It's like you're still hitting on those fourteen year old taste buds.
Speaker 2: Well, you have a refined pallet and you can also remember where you came from.
Speaker 4: Okay, Okay, Well, crust will drop a new flavor, and that's why I'm asking for the first time in ten years, on Crustables is dropping a new flavor.
Speaker 2: It will be peanut butter and raspberry spread.
Speaker 1: What is it now?
Speaker 2: It's a grape or strawberry or though only choices you get. They're just really shaking things up over there and on Crustables. The more Mary sinon.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 4: Also, Lady Gaga has been treading on the X all morning. She dropped a new video of her singing about the song. It's called There's Always a Joker and it's for the Joker movie. It's pretty good. I just retweeted it from our ex account. So if you go to Rod Ryan Show at Twitter, you can take our poll and you can check out Lady Gaga. She looks very convincing as a I don't know how you say person.
Speaker 2: Yeah, she looks really really good. And the songs I like the song I love Lady Is she doing the Is she doing the.
Speaker 1: Song as Harley Quinn, I think.
Speaker 5: So.
Speaker 1: Okay, So she has a whole album coming out to accompany this movie. Wonderful. That's I'm looking at girls.
Speaker 2: I'm obsessed with her. Anything she does, I'm obsessed with. Is this obsessed with Lady?
Speaker 1: Is this movie a musical? Tell me they're not singing the whole time?
Speaker 2: I feel like it.
Speaker 1: You know what.
Speaker 2: Some of the trailer it did remind me of what was that one where they're dancing? Not it was a music, No, no, no, it was a musical. I'm not gonna be able to think of it right now. I'm sorry.
Speaker 4: It did remind me of the one where Emma and Ryan Gosling are dancing.
Speaker 2: And he's like leaning her back, La la la land. That's what it reminded me.
Speaker 1: This better not be a musical because I don't want to get caught in that.
Speaker 4: Okay, So I was going to say I'm obsessed with Lady Gaga the way you guys are obsessed with the wild Card Wednesday.
Speaker 2: That is our number one link, That's the one everyone's clicking out.
Speaker 4: I mean, if you ever put the secret link as the Instagram Girl of the Day, we'd have like a thousand submissions for your little prizes.
Speaker 2: That you give away. But yeah, that's what's trending. On ninety four five the Buzz.
Speaker 1: I don't have a secret link today.
Speaker 3: Sure there's such a trickster.
Speaker 15: I'm not.
Speaker 1: I'm being honest.
Speaker 2: Are you the joker?
Speaker 1: I'm an honest. I do not repeat. I do not have a secret link today on links and guests. But I do have tickets to give away on the radio. What do you have?
Speaker 4: So we have floor tickets to see Weezer Flaming Lips of Dentist or Junior this Saturday until your enter.
Speaker 2: That's where it is. Tickets are also out Toyota.
Speaker 1: Center dot com seven one, three, two two five nine four five looking for caller number.
Speaker 7: Ten twenty years. He may m in the morning. Let the run Ryan Show only on ninety four or.
Speaker 1: Five the Bus five, the Buzz Pod Youth of the Nation, ninety four or five of the Buzz, Good Morning, brought Ryan's Show eight thirty No sign of chili, not yet, dude, he was done an hour ago. There's traffic. He wasn't that far more to work?
Speaker 2: Bat breakfast on a bun from Waterberg.
Speaker 5: Everybody's running late because they came to get tickets.
Speaker 1: They're probably holding them up. I think he's bringing treats. I don't care if he bros's treats. I just hope you're safely, hopefully, so that's what I care about. All right, My friend's safe, all right. Bobby Jokes is holding things down. He's got a lot of people calling him right now. Thank you, Bobby Jokes for helping us out these last couple of Wednesdays. Good Morning, Ryan Show. Maybe I spoke too soon that Bobby was doing a good job. Good morning. Anybody on the phone here? Anybody Hello? All right, maybe Bobby's doing a horrible job. Wait, trying that one more time. Good Morning, Rod Ryan Show. Hello, dude, what's going on you You can't hear me? Or you can't hear me? I can hear you. Hey, did you hear me before when I was saying hello multiple times? I'm a no, no, okay, got me now? Though, your caller ten, your call her number ten. I'm gonna give you seats or tickets on the floor for Wheezer, Flaming Lips, Dinosaur Junior on Saturday. What's your name, I'm I'm I'm a Ryan, Ryan Carlisle Ryan, are you down to party on Saturday night?
Speaker 7: I'm I'm sure.
Speaker 1: Then that's it. We're gonna set you up. We're gonna set you up. Ryan with a pair of tickets on the floor. Have an awesome time at that show. Ryan, Thank you, Thank you, Bro, appreciate you listening.
Speaker 5: Thank you.
Speaker 1: Okay, Bobby's doing a good job.
Speaker 5: Yeah, a good job.
Speaker 1: Okay, Bobby's doing Okay. We have a poll question up this morning. It's on the X at rod Ryan Show. When's the best time to decorate for Halloween? I know Tessa had like a national poll. I said, well, let's see what who cares? Who cares what the nation thinks? What does the Rod Ryan Show nation think?
Speaker 4: Uh?
Speaker 1: When's the best time to decorate for Halloween? Fifty percent of you say now is just fine. Thirty four percent of you say the first week of October, five percent say the second week of October. That's a lot of work for only two weeks.
Speaker 2: I'll say that, let's keep it up till Christmas.
Speaker 1: But that used to be the way. Growing up, you would never think of decorating for Halloween two three weeks out? Why not three weeks out?
Speaker 2: Devil worshiper you would decorate.
Speaker 1: I came from a home that decorated for every holiday. My mom decorated for everything, Valentine's Day, everything except ourbor Day, almost everything. It probably was there, probably was, yeah, probably was Columbus. There probably was some cardboard cutout that was stuck on a cupboard door. So second week of October, five percent and then ten percent of you say, just don't bother decorating at all. I absolutely gave you that option. But are you getting dressed up for Halloween?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Like eight times you.
Speaker 1: Dressed up for Halloween? I know you do. Probably you got to do it for the TV show too.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we haven't de signed our theme yet. But yeah, outside of that, for sure. I was a Pink Power Ranger last year, and I remember I stopped by your house. I have a picture outside of your boarded up house because I thought you were having a real rager and you were just having a day party.
Speaker 7: I guess yeah.
Speaker 1: I think we were shut down by the time we got there. Would you be interested in a sexy ozembic, you know, like a slutty ozempic costume? Yes, okay, well, very good. It's available. It is available. It's yandy dot com. They're selling a costume, and obviously they did not get the okay from ozempic. So what they're calling it is the so snatched for thirty nine ninety five. It looks like a shot of ozempic. Like you look a syringe. You're a slutty syringe.
Speaker 2: I'm drugs legal one.
Speaker 1: Here's the description. Everyone's doing it. Jump on the semiglue tie bandwagon in this two piece set with tank style dress and pill box hat printed to resemble the well known weight loss drug injector. Yeah, I don't see one. For the fellas.
Speaker 2: You can just size.
Speaker 1: Sorry I don't see it. Just get it big three size is available and it looks like it's geared towards women. But yeah, you do you. I don't know if they offer if they plan to offer a men's sexy ozempic costume, but if you want to dress up as Sluttyozempic for Halloween, your dreams have been answered. Finally, of course, we thought this was big enough to put up a link. There's no there's no ticket giveaway on that link, but if you did want to see slutty Ozempic, you can go to the world famous Rod Ryan showpage at the Buzz dot Com, The rod Ryan Shows, ninety four or five, The Buzz, Shine Down, and Dead Don't Die. Well, we just added one hundred more people to the rod Ryan Show twentieth anniversary party. That's a lot. We added one hundred people today. Chili was out. Now I'm sorry. We added two hundred people. Chili was out with one hundred pair of tickets. Two hundred people were added to the party. October twelfth, Carbock Brewery to see that man you just heard, Shine Down. Breton zach A gonna be there performing live Sublime Blo October Theory of a Dead Man. XSS played some exs's today. I'm going to play some xsis tomorrow on the show their new one. You still got to win your way in and you can do so tonight. You can join me at the Hunt Home Run Dugout out in Katie. So a couple of questions that are coming in about tonight and good Lord, Home Run dug Out. If you're listening, all hands on deck.
Speaker 3: Party.
Speaker 1: I think a lot of people are coming and it's probably best that we're doing it on Wednesday.
Speaker 16: You know.
Speaker 1: Originally here's behind the scenes. I wanted to do this on a Thursday, and when we contacted Rosie and we said, hey, listen, would you guys like to play the anniversary show? And then they said yeah. And then we said, well, let's do some kind of a coming out party, like to congratulate you guys on doing this, Let's do something tie you into a ticket giveaway. I wanted to do it tomorrow night, they're in Austin, but I still wanted to do something with them because I felt it was important that they play, you know, with us giving away tickets. So they said they could do Wednesday night. So that's why. Normally I'll do these things on Thursday, a little closer to the weekend or on the weekend, but for them, I'll bend because they're so great. So tonight Home Run dugout in Katie. There's no cover charge, there's no lining up for tickets. It's not a first come, first serve basis. Like Oh, Rod saidy's got thirty pair and I'm number thirty two in line. Well, there's not even gonna be a line I'm gonna have. There might be a line to sign up. What I'm gonna have you do is sign up one registration per person. You can sign up. You cannot sign up for your friend. Hey, my my husband's on the way and I just want to fill one out for him. No one registration per person in the box. Okay, you sign up and then I'll draw names throughout the night. It's a kid friendly night, which is cool, and on Wednesdays, and they're gonna keep this even though it's gonna be packed. Wednesdays, our kids eat free with the purchase of an adult entree, so they're keeping that going. They do that every Wednesday. So Rosie's gonna be performing live, no cover charge. There's no first person there. You know, you got to get in the line or anything like that. So again, I'm trying to think any other questions you might have, Please shoot those over to me, because you're not the only one that has that question. And I got something fun to mention about beer. I got something fun to mention right here.
Speaker 7: Rock and Alternative Fair.
Speaker 2: He used to The rod Ryan Morning Show six to ten AM.
Speaker 1: The Buzz okay ninety four or five buzz, Good Morning, rod Ryan Show. What a day. Hey, I saw chili in the hallway. You made it back.
Speaker 2: I'm me too.
Speaker 1: I saw him.
Speaker 2: Did he say did he have our treats.
Speaker 1: I didn't even mention treats. I was busy. I was meeting a new person in the sales departments, so I got totally distracted.
Speaker 2: But it's got to have them right.
Speaker 1: But Chilly is back, so I don't know.
Speaker 2: We'll see.
Speaker 1: Maybe he'll bring some treats into us.
Speaker 2: Okay, Okay, yeah, good morning.
Speaker 1: I hope you're off to a great start to your day. If you're looking for rod Ryan Show twentyth anniversary party tickets that you can call in to win, then you're listening to the right show. We'll have those for you at nine ten, I know the show. The last thing we give away today will be a two hundred dollars Academy Sports and Outdoors gift card. Okay, thirty percent chance of rain partly Claudi's Guy's High ninety two. Now, there is a fifty percent chance of some scattered thunderstorms later on this evening. It's going to be early though, so don't let that keep you away from joining me out in Katie at the home run Dugout. Now we said it's kid friendly. There's going to be the debut of Love Streat Bald Hell, what what a great name? For you love your beer. It's my new beer. It's Love Street Bald. Four dollars Love Street Bald Drafts, and one dollar is going to go to the Rod Ryan Show Cares Foundation. Oh yeah, and we're giving away a bunch of tickets to the anniversary show and Rosie's going to play live. So I give you the forecast saying there's a chance that it could be a little drizzly out there, but I don't think that's going to stop many of you. It's not going to stop me from partying, all right. Houston's headlines, One final time, Please sure.
Speaker 4: Thousands of Florida residents are being ordered to evacuate ahead of tropical storm Halleen. The storm is expected to become a hurricane today and it's expected to make landfall late tomorrow. A hurricane warning has been issued for parts of Florida's Gulf Coast, and evacuations but began Tuesday for some of the coastal areas. A Senate report found the Secret Services facing numerous problems keeping it from doing its job effectively. The ninety four page report was out today a release today, and it finds it a number of failures in security planning, and communication directly contributed to the July assassination attempt against former President Trump at a Pennsylvania rally.
Speaker 2: All right, now for the story that everyone's been asking me about. No one has asked you about literally everyone on the X. I just tweeted out. I said, Hey, today's National One Hit Wonder Day.
Speaker 4: If you would like your one hit wonder based on your zodiac, hit me up.
Speaker 2: So many, at least five people hit me up. Come on, So this is mine. I'm a Libra. It's Smooth Criminal by alien Ant Farm.
Speaker 4: And why you ask, Alex, It's because levers are so good at being charming Charlatan's that you almost want to thank them for robbing you.
Speaker 2: You're welcome.
Speaker 4: All right, now, let's go to Chili's. Because I know he brought us streets. I would like to dedicate this.
Speaker 2: Next song to him.
Speaker 1: Think he brought us treats he had to.
Speaker 2: He's a cancer. He's a cancer.
Speaker 4: His one hit Wonder is Cake by the Ocean by Dance d n c Agins.
Speaker 3: You don't even know the name of the band.
Speaker 2: Anyway, but I know he's a cancer.
Speaker 4: And this song invokes the crab tenants of intimacy side side stepping to the point emotional eating and the familiar comforts of seaside environments.
Speaker 1: Oh, I know I know this from I know this from us the sing to movie.
Speaker 7: You love It?
Speaker 15: Chili?
Speaker 2: What do you think of your song?
Speaker 5: Do you like it?
Speaker 1: I would?
Speaker 2: I thought this was Maroon five, Honestly, I thought it goes down.
Speaker 1: I thought it was the Jonas Brothers. Yeah, Chili has music already.
Speaker 2: Please, that's not that's not a one hit wonder.
Speaker 3: Astrology story times.
Speaker 4: I got high by Afroman and Rod's is dance Monkey bright Ton to Night And in case everyone was wondering.
Speaker 1: I know people were, go see the five of you that are interested in this. We have a link up on links and guests. What's the next story?
Speaker 2: More serious one?
Speaker 4: Brett Farv revealed yesterday that he has Parkinson's disease. So Brett was testifying before Congress about a welfare fraud scandal that he was involved in, and he's not actually facing any charges. He's already repaid more than a million dollars in funds that were misspent.
Speaker 2: But Farv says that he was a victim too.
Speaker 4: Apparently, according to him, a biotech company scammed him. They have ties to the case that claimed they were developing a concussion drug.
Speaker 2: And so Brett Farv said this was a cause that was very dear to his heart.
Speaker 4: And then he was like, even though it's too late for me, I've recently been diagnosed with parkinson.
Speaker 2: So if you didn't know that, his specs like, Brett Farv is fifty four years old.
Speaker 4: He played twenty years in the NFL as a quarterback, mostly with the Green Bay Packers.
Speaker 2: He has been hit so many times.
Speaker 4: Initially, he said, you know, he had suspected to have maybe four or five concussions.
Speaker 2: But once he learned what the definition of a concussion is, which is.
Speaker 4: When you have you like have a black flagsh of lightning, you see that flash or maybe you see stars, He's like, oh, if that's like a concussion, I've had at least a thousand of those. So the Parkinson's Foundation says scientists believe it's caused by a combination of genetic factors, environmental fact environmental factors. Those factors could include head injuries, which your head is at risk when you play in the NFL.
Speaker 2: Let's talk about this list.
Speaker 4: Made by Rolling Stone Magazine one hundred and one greatest soundtracks of all time.
Speaker 2: You guys been on me about the Prince Questions.
Speaker 4: Purple Rain number one soundtrack according to Rolling Stone, followed by Help nineteen sixty five, three, The Harder They Come nineteen seventy two, A Hard Day's Night, and then Saturday Night Feaver.
Speaker 2: Yeah, this is number five. I like this one.
Speaker 1: So yeah, this is one of the greatest soundtracks of all time. Listen, there's one hundred and one of them on the list. It's hard for me to put Purple Rain at number one, but I mean off the top of your head, I mean, for me, when you look at those movies, those great eighties movies. Pretty inpinct did make the list in the top twenty. Okay, The Crow has an amazing soundtrack. But then there's some movies that aren't great that had great movie soundtracks, right barbed Wire, the movie Barbed Wire with b Pam Landers Anderson. Yeah, yeah, awful movie, amazing soundtrack. Yeah, so I know that's been a past discussion on this show.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna go look at.
Speaker 4: The whole list on the music blog page because I'm curious. But those are Houstons headlines.
Speaker 1: That'd be a great question Chilli later on Facebook, what's your favorite movie soundtrack? I'd love to hear what people's thoughts are on that. Okay, what you got over there?
Speaker 5: All For the fourth straight year, the Houston Astros are Al West champions. They beat the Mariners last night four to three. It's their eighth year in a row to make the postseason. They're gonna wrap up their series with the Mariners this afternoon. You say, Kakuccio being the mount for this was going up against Seattle's George Kirby. First pitches at one to ten. You can hear the game on our sister station, Sports Talk seven ninety.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that is what's going on in sports, all right?
Speaker 2: The bodyguards at one oh one spoiler.
Speaker 1: Oh geez, okay, that was a big soundtrack. Who the store over at Minute May Park is gonna? I was told it's gonna be open till ten o'clock today. People were there. They were open all night with uh with merchandise, the brand new T shirt said stop, all right, well let's go, guys, we got one more hour together. Don't go anywhere.
Speaker 7: Rock and Alternative fair. He used to the Rod Ryan.
Speaker 2: Morning Show six to ten AM.
Speaker 1: The buzz, Yeah, ninety four or five the buzz, Good morning, rod Ryan's show ONEME to the nine o'clock hour, our fourth and final hour together. But don't worry, you will be rewarded handsomely with some anniversary party tickets coming up in just a moment. The Academy Sports and Outdoors gift card two hundred dollars.
Speaker 4: Oh that was a good time to win that, because you're going into your astros ale stock.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, yeah, yeah. Twenty years, twenty days. It's our third week of doing this. We'll do it all next week as well. It's a lot of money, man, two hundred bucks a day. Thank you to Academy Sports and Outdoors for being coming on board and being a great sponsor at the twentieth anniversary. Chili was in the parking lot of an academy this morning. And you know what, our friend Chili is back. Looks good. He's had a good time out there. He's getting hugs. Where's the time everybody got mommed by his adoring fans. How are you, bro? I'm glad to be back, man.
Speaker 2: I almost got junk for not having enough tickets.
Speaker 1: I gave you one hundred pair. You can't tell me you didn't have enough tickets.
Speaker 7: It wasn't enough enough.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So were you surprised that that many people came out? No, I knew it was going to be pretty busy. But yeah, I know we got a hot ticket here. We know, we all know that. Okay, I mean, we're not even bragging on our show. We just know we can tell that you guys really want to be there and we want you there. But I wasn't sure what to expect.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know what I was that we got a hunt people that fast.
Speaker 7: That's what was shocking to me.
Speaker 1: And when we first now, so good call, I'm not using a station vehicle this morning, right, huh? Because Chili was so lonely when we first checked in with him at seven o five.
Speaker 2: This morning, man, I'm watching him swinging on a swing by himself in just.
Speaker 1: A wide open academy sports and outdoors parking lot, just him and his truck and the sun Rise is a table, a couple of new promotions people out there. Marvin who's becoming famous? Now, yeah, I'm blowing up Marvin's when I'm like, Marvin, pick up, well I do, hey, you know what for Marvin, I do have to apologize because I had his phone because my phone was being used for livestream. Okay, so I'm calling Marvin's phone and texting him saying, Marvin, please pick up. I'm trying to call Chili.
Speaker 10: So Marvin's phone was in my pocket as I'm doing the live stream. Yeah, I didn't notice until I heard something about rad on my thigh and I was like why, I was like my phone.
Speaker 2: I was like, oh, I got the phone.
Speaker 1: That's what Marvin's off the hood.
Speaker 2: It's all me.
Speaker 1: It was my fault.
Speaker 10: So I do gotta help them out.
Speaker 1: And so I mean, I'm in your neck of the woods tonight. Yeah, it's going to be crazy, bro. So out in Katie. These are your peeps now.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, the best side, the best side out in Katie. You have tickets to the show, and you have a beer launch of some sort.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, love Street Bald.
Speaker 2: On a Wednesday. Bro, this is okay. This is how much I love the band Rosie.
Speaker 1: I when when I asked them all the stuff dealing with the twentieth anniversary, I said, well, let's do like a let's tie you into one of our parties. And I said, man, they got a great stage. I go, you're gonna love it, and uh and I said, why don't you come out to home Run dugout on Thursday. I'm doing it. I'm gonna do a ticket giveaway. I haven't announced yet, and why don't we have you play and I'll give away a bunch of tickets and then it'll be a way of everybody saying, hey, congratulations on this new you know thing to put on your resume that you're at the twentieth anniversary. You're on the same bill as Shinedown and the X Sees and everyone else. So they said, well, hang on. So they said they were playing on Thursday night in Austin, and they said, is there any chance that we could do this on Wednesday? And I said, there's no one else that would move my schedule for other than Rosie. And I said, okay, we'll do it on Wednesday. So that's why we're out there tonight. Nice I'll do it for them.
Speaker 10: Yeah, and uh, so you're gonna have Marvin there, and I think I'm gonna go help them out today. Now that you said that you had the ball beer, Oh.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you want you want to try love Street Ball?
Speaker 7: If there we should sell it out tonight.
Speaker 1: Man, so one dollar of every one of those beers, specifically, we'll go to the rod Ryan Shokeres Foundation, So we are also doing a great thing for the charity. So we're we're tying that in. We got Rosie performing live, no cover charge. There's no first come, first serve type of deal. Okay, We're gonna have people sign up. So Chili's was truly a first come, first serve. Right this morning you had people line up and then boom, it was one hundred pair of tickets one oh one. Sorry, we don't have enough for you today. Tonight, when you come and join me at Home Run dugout, you're gonna sign up. You're gonna put your name in the box and then that's it, one sign up per person and then you got to sit there for the whole thing and wait for me to draw your name. Yeah, and I think I'm gonna have thirty pair of tickets out there, so that's a lot. I know everybody's like, oh well, jeez, surely had one hundred thirty pair of tickets. I've never done a bar gig where I've had thirty pair of tickets to anything, Okay nothing, I've never had thirty things to give away. I'm not. That's counting all the koozies and Frisbees.
Speaker 10: That's gonna seem like nothing tonight to you, you know, I mean, why don't y'all send me out with more tickets?
Speaker 1: Well, okay, now listen. As much as I love the guys over at the Brewery, okay, I don't want it. I want it to be a lot of people. I want to have two thousand. We're gonna have two thousand people there, Okay. I know that they could probably do more. I don't want it to be uncomfortably packed either. I want this party to be exclusive. I want it to be a lot of people there. But I don't want it wall to wall. That's not fun. That's not fun. So if we have twenty twenty three hundred people there, that's a great party, and that's packed, but it's still you can move around a little bit. Okay. The brewery is big, car box big Okay. They can do big shows. And that's why we're that's why we're you know. I was so happy that they let us use their their their stage and all that stuff over there at the Brewery. Thirty pairs a lot, sixty people and for crow Loud. You just added two hundred people this morning.
Speaker 2: Chili for crying Chillie. That's what I'm trying to do.
Speaker 1: Spread them around, choosing rice, and you're taking all the tickets. All right, it's all ages tonight. It's kids night. They do kids Night. They're gonna keep that going. So if you order an entree, you're kitta eat for free and then that's it. So there's I'm sure there's a question that I haven't answered about tonight. But now that chili's coming out, Jesus Christ, it's gonna be packed. Chili's gonna be there.
Speaker 5: Now you didn't bring some beers for us Love Street bolt h Dude, you know we like morning beer.
Speaker 1: What do you want Philip mayonnaise jar It's it's draft. Yeah, I do want to growl.
Speaker 2: That sounds delicious.
Speaker 1: We do like Philip Growler milk jug for you bringing in the morning like that? Care? Can we give away some tickets to the party place like calling into the radio station Win Old School?
Speaker 4: Yeah, sorry, it should be the eighteen hundreds called. You can call for a pair of passes to the y the Ryan Rod Show. I'm doning the anniversary party October Dwelt at Carbark grewing.
Speaker 1: I'll take Caller ten seven one three.
Speaker 12: Houston's Rock, Houston's Alternative All Day and The Rock Ryan Morning.
Speaker 1: Show ninety five, The Buzz ninety four five The Buzz, Good Morning, rod Ryan's Show. Well, I guess everybody's got tickets that wants to go. Maybe Chilli gave away. I think everybody that won with him at Academy this morning, no one's calling. I'm offering up a pair of tickets to the Rod Ryan Show twentyth anniversary party. It seems like we have enough people. I'm kidding, I'm kidding. Every phone line is smoking over here. Good morning, rod Ryan Show.
Speaker 2: Hi, Good morning, Hi, how are you?
Speaker 16: I'm doing good?
Speaker 13: Thank you?
Speaker 2: Why are you so meek? Because I over sleft this morning, I couldn't to hear like we're chillie. We to trying. We'll get some tickets from here.
Speaker 1: Well listen, it worked out. You're calling test Oh my god, thank you so much.
Speaker 2: Whom we're talking to this is Solinda.
Speaker 1: Solinda, you have secured yourself a spot at the rod Ryan Showed twentieth anniversary party.
Speaker 11: Oh good, thank you so much.
Speaker 1: At the car Box Brewery on October twelve. Thank you so much. Listen, thank you, listen, thank you. I'm happy. I'm glad you're going to be there. And I know that there's a ton more people that want to get into this party. We're going to give you many more opportunities to get in. It's got to be a good feeling, though. If you've been trying.
Speaker 2: Now you oh, I have, I have, I have, I've retired for that of a telego.
Speaker 1: Awesome. All right, listen, Clinda, who you bringing?
Speaker 2: I'm bringing Travis Chelsea.
Speaker 1: All right, that's great, Travis. H I'm okay, all right, So Linda, thank you because if you were bringing Travis, I would give you an extra ticket for Tay.
Speaker 2: That's so nice.
Speaker 1: I thought, I saw. I don't need her there. We don't need her there. We don't need the distraction online Kid's alex online.
Speaker 7: The muzz o.
Speaker 1: What you got Alex Online.
Speaker 5: Today's aol is called missing band members, and you will be looking at pictures of very famous bands that have one person missing from you to see if you can name who they are.
Speaker 1: Ouch. Now, this would be difficult with newer bands. I think it would be easier with older bands. Older band okay, mostly older bands. Yeah, because even if one of those guys in twenty one or imagine Dragons or twenty one pounds is missing Dan, I'm not gonna tell you. If it's not Dan, I'm done.
Speaker 3: It's Moon five. But you can see Adam Movie and the guy I don't.
Speaker 1: Know, the other guy, the guy with the Hansen bob.
Speaker 5: Yeah, the guitar players, Jared and his brother are still in the photo.
Speaker 3: I passed. Okay, so it's older bands, yes, like Cast. This is the Beatles.
Speaker 1: Okay, there we go.
Speaker 3: Who in the Beatles is not in this photo?
Speaker 7: Name them?
Speaker 3: George that's George. I think George Harrison is not.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's not what. There's only four John, Paul McCartney.
Speaker 3: Paul McCartney.
Speaker 1: Get her out of here, John, that's John. Get her?
Speaker 3: Yeah, what are you doing?
Speaker 13: That?
Speaker 1: Ringo ring?
Speaker 5: George is right there? Come on, what are you doing? Go check it out see if you can find the missing band members of the world famous Rod Ryan showpage to the Buzz dot com.
Speaker 7: The Ryan Show. Good morning on the Buzz.
Speaker 1: That's how they should have ended it, providing Buzz just rewriting the ending of three days Grace so called life Good morning everybody, rod Ryan Show on this wild card Wednesday, thank you so much for spending some time with us today. I don't see any treats in here. Chili has been back for a while. You said that. I thought you said that you were sure that he had treats for us.
Speaker 2: Well he must have, because he was gone for no treats six hours.
Speaker 1: I don't see any treats.
Speaker 2: Show was only four hours long.
Speaker 1: Chili was out early this morning giving away tickets to the Rod Ryan Show anniversary party. Mundo was there, realized that he was in line and had was in the number to win tickets, and then he had a meeting to go to, pulled himself out of line and left, got a picture and left you guys. Are you guys on that email? Like he went there and he's like, oh, I'm not gonna I can't. He was within the number of people in line to get tickets. He does not have tickets yet. Yeah, Mundo is one of these great listeners that shows up to everything. Great dude and just realized I can't miss I got an appointment and he had to pull himself out of line. Oh, I can I share with you an email where it worked out for someone this I already sent it to the Wizard and logan who is the is the car back Academy guy here? Uh Lareenda sent me my favorite email today, Hi Rod. I'm sure you get a million emails, but I wanted to say, in all caps, thank you so much. You have made my day. Truly. I can't believe this morning everything just worked out so smoothly. I'm on the golf Freeway. I'm coming from the Webster area where I live. I'm driving slower than usual to work, waiting for seven oh five to come about for Chiley to announce the location. I was just praying he would be on my side of town, but seriously I was doubting it. My significant of or even texted me, don't forget to listen for the location this morning. And then finally you get Chili on he announces it and I heard golf freeway. My heart started put pup, pup, pup pup, pounding in caps and said, academy, OMG, I have to pass that this morning. So I stuck the location in my ways because I've got a terrible sense of direction. Same and I was like ten minutes away, so I punched it. Oh no, I made the U turn and there was the most glorious sight Chili in Caps. I parked somehow, I don't remember. I ran into the line and yay, I got tickets. I cannot wait. I love car Bock, I love you. I love the whole crew, all in caps. I'm in your age group, so I've been listening to you since my thirties. It is amazing what you bring to the radio. I have an hour drive into work and I freaking look forward to my drive and don't mind it at all. Teresa is great on the way home. I am a true listener all the way around. Love, love, love Laurinda. It worked out for her, it did.
Speaker 2: You're just her time. She's in the right place at the right time. That's who it is.
Speaker 1: She's puttering along at seven o'clock.
Speaker 2: She said, person that you're like, why are you going?
Speaker 1: What's going on? Uh? It worked out for her, and I'm so happy that she got tickets. And oh no, not that give it a belt. Yeah, that's a great email. That really put ups an eye on my face. A couple came in like that, A bunch came in like that.
Speaker 5: Chili.
Speaker 1: We must have been taking pictures like a madman out there, a lot of people setting pictures of the chili, and what a line of people out there today. So yeah, twenty years man, We're we got a pretty big party on our hands here, so we're excited about it. I'm glad that you guys are still excited about it. Tonight you can join me at the home run dugout out in Katie. I'll be there at around seven o'clock the debut of Love Street Bald.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Let me ask you this as we switch gears a little litle bit. Is there a show that you watched that by the time you got to the end of it and you got to the ending, you would wish that you'd never even started the show that they disappointed you so much. On the ending, of course, people are talking about Game of Thrones, which you're silly but.
Speaker 3: Meant to be the king.
Speaker 1: Think about how that statement is worded. Would you want to have missed out on that wonderful journey of Game of Thrones even if you didn't like the ending, to say that you wish you hadn't gotten started at all? It was it was a beauty. I mean, it was an unbelievable one. Of the best things I've ever watched.
Speaker 2: There are so many good scenes from there that are like iconic.
Speaker 1: Yeah, sure, I mean the Red Wedding, the Battle of the Bastards. I mean, of course, I'm glad I was on that journey, and I didn't think the ending was that bad. Is there anything Alex that you watched that you said, you know what, that ending stunk. I wish I never would have even been on this journey.
Speaker 3: I'm staying true to exactly what the Wolves.
Speaker 5: It's like, I because I stopped Walking Dead and I watched the final episode and I think they brought Walking Dead back already, but like they were.
Speaker 1: Like, this is it.
Speaker 3: This is the final episode. Let's getting a couple of mentions.
Speaker 5: But like it just faded after like season four or five, and I lost interest in it.
Speaker 3: But then like, like, this is the finale. I'm gonna check that out.
Speaker 5: Dexter was probably I really liked Dexter, and then there was a John Lithgow season I think it was season three, and that was like the peak of Dexter, and then it never got back to that, and then the last the last episode of the first like the original Dexter, I just remember like.
Speaker 1: This is dumb. Here's what somebody said about Dexter Dexter, like, wtf was even that?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 2: What else is on the list?
Speaker 5: So, I mean a lot of shows Lost just lost on the list for people because I feel like Lost shouldn't be.
Speaker 1: Okay, this is pretty definitive too. It says lost. I don't think there's another more right answer to this question.
Speaker 3: You don't care if dude, yeah real lost E if you're upset with you.
Speaker 1: And walking dead it says, could have cut that show's length in half and it would have been ten times better.
Speaker 2: So much nothing, Well, there's just so much large.
Speaker 5: Episodes they had to put out like twentieth seasons, so they were like, well, we can really can only do like twelve good ones, so the other eight are just gonna be nothing.
Speaker 2: I felt like that about Love Island.
Speaker 4: There's like thirty thousand episodes and I would just fast forward to the challenges, and then when they would send someone home, I like, wouldn't watch it.
Speaker 1: Here's somebody that said the last twenty minutes of Veronica Mars will always throw me into a deep rage.
Speaker 10: I don't know.
Speaker 1: So they didn't like how that show ended, and then of course. I mean one of the most obvious answers is Game of Thrones says here, the last season was such an incredible leftdown. You didn't like the whole last season.
Speaker 2: I come on, guys, Then when they were all in the black and ready, you like like.
Speaker 5: The last season, and then they took the break and they had the like final six episodes, and that is when people fell off right.
Speaker 1: I liked it, Yeah, I liked it. Girls didn't like that the girl went crazy. Girls did not like that the girl went crazy, and that's what happened Mother Dragons. So the last season was such an incredible letdown in so many ways for so many different characters, and it could have been amazing. That's just one person that seventies show. Once Toefer left, the show simply stopped being funny, Like they reassigned interns to start writing the show. People said they'll never forgive the writers of Pretty Little Liars. I mean, you know, whatever, you're whatever you're invested in. But there was a lot of Game of Thrones, a lot of Dexter, and a show that I don't think I ever finished, House of Cards. I loved it. Sorry, sorry hate me. Kevin Spacey was amazing in that, okay, and then they it just got got so weird that the wife took over and I don't know, House of Cards says, as far as I'm concerned, they never even made a third season. Series ended with the table wrap at the end of season two. Nothing more was needed.
Speaker 5: But it was a succession. You just watched on HBO, and that was why I tried to getting into it.
Speaker 1: And they just talked business.
Speaker 3: I'm like, I don't know, I don't know. That's like you could be speaking Spanish. Love That's what I felt like.
Speaker 1: That was I missed those assholes. I missed those horrible people so much. They are terrible off Every single person on the show was an awful person. It's just who was more awful than the other. I missed him so much.
Speaker 3: But like, I just didn't like the business words they used. As a guy, I don't I know some of those words, but yeah.
Speaker 1: That means yeah, they definitely had their own language. But once you watched it, you were in on it.
Speaker 5: Get mad Men, you kind of pick up on the lingo, but they dumbed it down for you. Yes, mad Men had one of the best end as ever. It was fantastic the.
Speaker 1: Ending was amazing. I loved it.
Speaker 3: Where he was watching Soprano's best ending.
Speaker 1: The Sopranos. Why would you bring that up? I didn't even see the Sopranos on the list. It and have been on the list because it was great. That ending stunk, No, it didn't. It's stunk. You made me watch that show. Didn't believe Green Day ninety four to five buck, I need four or five the buzz Good morning, Rob Ryan's show. Thank you so much for how us on overwhelming response to the what show did you watch that? The ending was so bad that you kind of wish you hadn't started that program at all. Dexter Number one thing people are calling with Dexter seems to be Dexter was the height of Dexter was all time. And never got involved in that show.
Speaker 3: Watched the watch the first three seasons and that's it. That's all you need to do. The Trinity Killer is the last bad real good bad guy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, everybody's sending me what they think is a sucky ending Boardwalk Empire. I never thought of that one.
Speaker 5: Ay, though, I'm really close to like starting that backup. We've been watching that Bad Monkey show with Vince Vaughan.
Speaker 1: But I think after that, maybe the Boardwalk Boardwalk Empire is the old timy New York City and you prohibition I think Steve BUSHEMI yeah, Nukie Thompson. Did you ever finish Peaky Blinders?
Speaker 5: Tell me?
Speaker 1: Yeah, oh yeah, it end.
Speaker 2: I watch every season. I love it and there's gonna be a movie.
Speaker 1: Did they did it? You like they wrapped it up and you felt like, because I know you really you championed that show. You couldn't get.
Speaker 4: Because I don't watch like the way you guys stick with shows season after season.
Speaker 2: It mind boggles me. No, it's called like maybe being on the right ADHD medication. No, I just can't. I can't. But Peaky Blinders, I guess like the setting of it. I like it is a period piece. It was like a family thing.
Speaker 4: You got to see the family dynamics change. I love Peakylinders from first, from beginning to end.
Speaker 1: Right, Okay, so.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, I stuck with that when I liked the way it left.
Speaker 1: Yeah. People want to fight about this Game of Thrones thing. It wasn't that bad, guys.
Speaker 2: I want to watch West World. Have any of you guys seen that?
Speaker 3: I feel like season's good, the rest of its tragic.
Speaker 1: I started watching that.
Speaker 4: Okay, I'll ditch a show. I'm not gonna Oh that was a tough episode. Okay, well I'm done, like keep my entertain me.
Speaker 1: Well, because there's too much out there. There's just there's way too much available to.
Speaker 2: So much available to stick with a bad show.
Speaker 5: Yeah, the competition is just I was kind of telling you guys about when we were talking about this top during the break.
Speaker 3: But I bought the book to that Bad Monkey series.
Speaker 5: It's on Apple and it's fond because I'm not cut up, and I was like, now I'm not gonna be that.
Speaker 1: Started out as a book, I guess.
Speaker 3: So here is that Bad Monkey Apple.
Speaker 2: He's on Apple.
Speaker 5: But I caught up to it and I thought it was over. I thought the series was like this is the full season. No, there's still like four or five weeks of it. And so I bought the book and I get to be the book guy. Well, actually the book is the book better? It's pretty much the same. So I read eighty pages of it.
Speaker 2: Yesterday to watch that Chimp Crazy documentary. That's what I'm on. I'm a documentary kind of girl.
Speaker 1: I didn't think the Chimp Crazy was that great?
Speaker 4: Oh you got to watch the third one of those guys, the directors and the producers, they were just on Rogan talking about like how they had to pick because there were so many crazy stories.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I just loved it. Something about it. I just didn't captivate me.
Speaker 13: No.
Speaker 1: I gave it a shot because it's the same guy that did Tiger King and it just wasn't just didn't do it for me. Yeah, I just couldn't get into it. All Right, let's go, Like I said, there's just so much out there, you know, Like you said, it's got to grab you or you're moving on to the next thing. A two one hundred dollars Academy Sports and Outdoors gift card that'll grab you twenty years the rod Ryan Show celebrating that for twenty days with Academy. We have that gift card coming up for you after this break. I know the show.
Speaker 12: Houston's Rock, Houston's Alternative all Day, and The rod Ryan Morning Show.
Speaker 1: Ninety five, the Bus ninety four five, the buzz. Hey, it's the rod Ryan Show. How about that? On a wildcard Wednesday? Geez, I didn't even look. I know here I am. I'm telling you guys, go look at links and guests, go to links and guests all morning long, and then do I do it? No?
Speaker 4: Maybe that's where the hidden prize is on the wildcard Wednesday, the link, the magical link.
Speaker 1: I could not have made myself more clear. There is not a hidden link today to win any sort of tickets at all.
Speaker 2: But you might even check the wildcard.
Speaker 1: You don't know there is.
Speaker 3: That's true.
Speaker 1: Could be because when there's a hidden link, I'm the one that's responsible.
Speaker 2: For Chili's been doing his own thing.
Speaker 1: Listen, the guy's going rogue and lots of things, but I don't think he's doing that. All right, it's time for another show. Two one hundred dollars from Academy Sports and Outdoors celebrating twenty years of The Rod Ryan Show for twenty days, giving you a two hundred dollars gift card. What's your question today?
Speaker 2: Someone has to tell me.
Speaker 4: On National One Hit Wonder Day, what one Hit Wonder aligns with Rod's zodiac sign.
Speaker 1: Oh, that's give me a tough question, but I don't mind it. I don't mind it.
Speaker 3: It was only in one of the headlines Alex loves It.
Speaker 2: Os in two oh the oh.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, covering me though, Yeah, I guess you could go look it up. You can go look it up at links and guests. No, GENI, I'm just saying that's still in play seven one three, two one two five nine four five. You would still prove that you know the show. Hey, Alexa, play ninety four point five the Buzz on iHeartRadio, getting ninety four point five bus station from iHeartRadio The rod Ryan Show on ninety four.
Speaker 3: Five, wake out the ninety four or five the buzz, Good Morning.
Speaker 1: Rod Ryan's Show. I won't give anything away on you know the show question, but Alien ann Farm today is national one hit Wonder Day. That absolutely I know Alex loves the song. Movies. I still think Alien an Farmer is a one hit wonder with that cover. Was that your zodiac?
Speaker 4: Yes?
Speaker 5: What is this?
Speaker 2: Since I'm a Libra, this is the one that aligns with me though, So.
Speaker 1: We're aligning your zodiac sign with your one hit wonder song. Okay, and that goes with your question. Yes, do you disagree with me that Alien an Farmer is a one hit wonder? Movies is a great song? Was it a hit? I don't know I'll say the Movies is a great song. We've got a thirty percent chance of rain today, partly Claudie Skuy's high ninety two to fifty percent chance of scattered thunderstorms this evening. But don't let that keep you indoors man. I'm asking you to come out and join me tonight.
Speaker 5: Now.
Speaker 1: Know this show on ninety four to five.
Speaker 7: The buzz La la la la la. All right, I know the show.
Speaker 1: Good morning, rod Ryan Show. Hi. Who's this Carlos? I thought he looked like a Carlos too, Sorry, Tessa, what's your question?
Speaker 4: Carlos, tell me what one hit wonder aligned with rod zodiac sign?
Speaker 1: Carlos, don't get this wrong.
Speaker 7: It's Afroman's.
Speaker 11: Well, I got high.
Speaker 5: I just said.
Speaker 1: I just said, don't get it wrong.
Speaker 2: That's Alex's.
Speaker 1: That was Hey, Hey Danny, good morning, good morning. Hey Hey, I'm doing well, Carlos. Carlos didn't get the right answer. Listen to Tessa, listen carefully.
Speaker 2: Can you please tell me what one hit wonder aligns with rod zodiac sign?
Speaker 8: With it snow?
Speaker 13: No?
Speaker 3: I wish no, that's Gemini great questions.
Speaker 1: I wish it would Cheryl, good morning, good morning, I am a virgo. What is my one hit wonder song?
Speaker 5: Take by the Ocean?
Speaker 2: That's Chilie, that's Chili's.
Speaker 1: He's a t This is a tough one. Good morning, rod Ryan Show. Good good morning everybody. Oh boy, who is this a good question?
Speaker 13: I agree?
Speaker 7: H Hello, Hello Corey.
Speaker 1: Hey, what's my one hit wonder song? Does it come on?
Speaker 10: Feel the noise?
Speaker 3: No, it's so hard.
Speaker 1: Good morning rod Ryan Show. Yes, did y'all get a winner for the another show? I don't and I need to go. I got I got things to do tonight.
Speaker 2: What is one hit wonder song?
Speaker 3: That's not even That was a.
Speaker 1: Different that was a completely different discussion. Good morning, rod Ryan Show. Hi, good morning, Hi. Who's this Crystal? What is my one hit wonder song? Dance monkey?
Speaker 2: Oh, her name's Crystal, Crystal all. She probably likes crystals.
Speaker 1: She knows you are correct? Why was this so hard? Because nobody cares you win? You wind know the show? Would you hook her up? Please? You're gonna go late.
Speaker 2: Two hundred dollars for you to Academy. Congratulations, you know the show?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 10: So thank you?
Speaker 1: Oh my god, one person, one nut job named Crystalstill I love you. I mean it when I say it. Thank you for bailing us out.
Speaker 3: Thank you all right, I have a great day.
Speaker 1: Enjoy your gift card. Oh my god, you're so good. God damn it.
Speaker 2: I was so good.
Speaker 1: Sean beats Smoke Show Carla. This morning, he's gonna go for win number three, fresh out of bad. Head to head we play every morning at six twenty. Thank you, Chili freaking the sheets and a wild man in the streets. Okay, he was out and let me tell you man forty five south Man the Gold Freeway really showed up this morning. Uh. Two hundred people added to the Rod Ryan Show anniversary party. Wow. Wild Card Wednesday was their number one linked today Astros Clinch last night. Yay everybody that took our poll question on the X at rod Ryan's Show. Thank you. This video plays in a mild rotation at my house. It's like a chubby girl dressed as an old man at an old folks home out there playing golf. It's very disturbing and London likes it. I can't stop thinking about it now while it's playing. Jeremy's up next NonStop noon or pick your tickets with him. He's got more passes to the Anniversary Show, Throw Back Thursday tomorrow, Fix the Gram Thursday tomorrow, Read my Lips tomorrow at eight twenty, I will be out with my friends Rosie on the Best Side Tonight. I will be at Home Run Dugout the debut of Love Street bald Still Music to Your Beer four dollars Love Street Balds tonight, with one dollar going to the Rod Ryan Show Cares Foundation. Nice. We are gonna give away at least thirty pair of tickets tonight at the Home Run Dugout. Where is it? It's in Katie, look it up. Join me out there. I'm there seven to nine, there is. It's not a first come, first service situation. We're going to have a registration box, so you got to get in that box and then I'm going to draw names over the course of the two hours that I'm there, So we have a lot of tickets to give away. We're gonna rock out with Rosie tonight. Don't worry about that rain. Okay, it is kid friendly tonight. Any other questions hit me up. I'll get back to you. Okay. That's it. That's it. Thanks to Academy for letting us use their parking lot this Morning, Houston Life one o'clock today. You got our friend Tray laughter on.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the artists who do that group picture of us?
Speaker 1: Oh, I love him, I love him. Okay, that's it. We're back tomorrow morning. We're on a twenty hour break. I can't wait to party with you guys tonight. Great job Chilly today. Thank you Bobby Jokes for helping us out. Jeremy take it away, am F. Well, wasn't that fun. If you missed any of the show today, All the good Stuff will be podcast. Check it out on the world famous Ron Ryan Show page at the Buzzdie No