Speaker 1: What up go and welcome to what It? I waits live on with sports dot Com. I'm easy. You must spin more Rex.
Speaker 2: In a world.
Speaker 3: Where there's two heavyweights on your screen.
Speaker 1: Three best friends in the evolving doorm door.
Speaker 3: Yeah, apparently we don't have a sound guy for three weeks and just nobody knew about it. Thanks Nick, Like I said, only only half jokes. Uh, Nick will be back next week. Tigers obviously have a big road or a home stand ahead of them, trying to uh trying to sneak into the playoffs here, so.
Speaker 1: That's not either. Also, get a little a little war, Tigers get a little hot.
Speaker 3: Yeah, playing some good ball man, playing some good ball story up yesterday?
Speaker 1: Did you hear what he said? What he said? He said it? Do you want to play it? That's that video?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Yeah you got I could get it downloaded, Chris, I almost got it, Chris, don't work, no worry about.
Speaker 5: I literally haven't.
Speaker 6: I promise.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's h a J. Hinch's postgame press conference really had me fired up last night.
Speaker 6: Me too.
Speaker 1: Here's what he had to say. So I try not to look back.
Speaker 3: That's not very fun times to look back.
Speaker 7: You didn't you know it doesn't send me in a great mental space to think about the worst times of more season.
Speaker 1: We have a lot of toughness in this group.
Speaker 8: We have.
Speaker 3: We do have some perseverance.
Speaker 7: We've stayed in the fight, whatever cliche you want me to use.
Speaker 3: Like like we're in it.
Speaker 7: And so our methodical way of going about our business is being rewarded because we didn't make too much of that.
Speaker 6: We didn't make too little of.
Speaker 7: That either, and once we got going, playing better baseball, better defense, throwing more strikes. For early accounts, we always started hitting the ball at the ballpark. But you can't snap your fingers.
Speaker 9: At this level and at the ball in the ballpark.
Speaker 7: I just think we're built for the marathon, and this has been a marathon, and we're not even close to the to the point where we can settle in because we've got plenty ahead. So I don't I try not to get to coaching on you, but I we just can't get past what's what's right in front of us and that man's sixteen hunder. We were worried about that Tampa series, you know, wherever we are now, we're worried about Game two tomorrow against the Boys. Were I'm proud of my team for like how strong minded we are to stay.
Speaker 6: In that in that length.
Speaker 3: They're not giving up, they're not trading school.
Speaker 1: For the last two years it's been this in this division specifically.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and then with this team involved in each and every time, I'm both ends. Yeah, So I mean that's why I was never really willing to give up at any point.
Speaker 1: I thought it was kind of crazy to me mid season Will.
Speaker 4: May really when people were calling out aj Hinge when the team was decimated with injuries.
Speaker 3: Yeah, in the beginning of the season.
Speaker 4: Yeah, they did have a couple with bonehead games where they just do it away, but that happens.
Speaker 1: I mean, that's baseball, and this especially in the beginning of the season. Yeah, for a lot of.
Speaker 3: Teams, my favorite thing was people being like, we can't see these guys out there every day, like talking about the you know, the how you leaves and the outmans and the I mean, but like, what else were they supposed to do? They you can only bring up so many guy, they have so many injuries and they have to play these guys. Would you like to see double a guys out there?
Speaker 1: Like you think that's.
Speaker 3: Gonna be any better. Clad, Yeah, I liked. Those guys are not ready. So with all the injuries you had, they sustained it for a little bit and now they're starting to heal up a little bit. Now, yeah you got you know, obviously Labor's back, Hobby's making an appearance, Joe will be up here again soon. So I mean, don't let the Tigers get hot. Man, it's when you get if you if you get in the playoffs. I don't know if there's a team in the in the American League that I could be like, that would be the Tigers in a seven game series.
Speaker 1: Listen, if they're hot in that time of year, especially, they can go. Man, they got names. Dylan Dingle was a fucking dog. Riley Glean has cleaned it up.
Speaker 4: You got the rookie too, and Glabor always on base on top of it, like to help them score extra points.
Speaker 1: This is a team they get hot.
Speaker 10: Not only that, but also I don't trust the Als the rest of the Ale central to not suck ass. If I'm being completely honest, you're looking at the White Sox, the Twins, and the Guardians. One of those three teams is gonna.
Speaker 9: Go on the opposite of a run.
Speaker 10: They're gonna have a really tough stretch in my opinion, and I think that's gonna give the Tigers a perfect opportunity to jump up in that ALEC as well as the wild card standings.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, I think they very well could.
Speaker 3: And you got three of the best bats in the American League and went healthy, probably the best pitching staff in the American League. So that's a pretty good combination to do some damage if you can get in the playoffs. They dug themselves a tough hole, and you know, injuries were a big part of that, but hopefully they can get out of it.
Speaker 10: Hovey, Joe be incoming. Both of them are are literally a few weeks. If that, yeah, away.
Speaker 3: It'd be very nice. We'll see, We'll see what happens. But I'm you know, I was in the camp keep Google. I think they should try to pay Schooble. And I mean, if you've got a chance of making the playoffs, man.
Speaker 4: Dude, I was just talking about the offense. Yeah, you got schoolbl from Bird. I mean, hit or miss Montero can put anywhere. Troy Melton, you're talking about job come back. I don't know how big of an impact. That's gonna be a big obviously. But I mean you got like some names in this team, and they get warm enough, hot enough, whatever word you want to use, it's they can go their dangerous.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 10: That job would immediately be like your best leverage closer. I mean, like you know, the swing and miss whatever, but like bro, he throws a one on one, Like, come on, we don't have that on this team. Right now, you have job as a closer. I know that didn't work too well in like the year or two ago when they tried that, but the experience now, Yeah, I was at his start Boston, the last game he played before he got hurt.
Speaker 9: Yeah, he was fantastic. So yeah, I'm so hyped for job.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Tigers are. Tigers are coming back. Man, They're gonna make some noise.
Speaker 9: Tune in Tiger's post came tonight Me and Nick check.
Speaker 1: It out, shout out. Yeah.
Speaker 4: You know two years ago I became like an every day one. Maybe it just last year after we made initially Yeah, but uh, like this like the time of year, you gotta watch them like the station on the line. The season's coming to close. Every every game matters, every fucking game matters and they've been playing like it.
Speaker 1: So shot out to them, Shout to them.
Speaker 4: I wanted to find this thing and maybe you guys seen it yourself. I'm I'm gonna get screenshot at Chris at some point.
Speaker 1: But we talked about a briefly. Ryan Clark got fired from ESPN. Yeah.
Speaker 4: Nick Posa, who hasn't tweeted from his Twitter since twenty twenty two, he quote tweeted the athletics article about Ryan Clark getting fired.
Speaker 6: Damn, I'm telling you don't click anything else. I know I'm not touching it.
Speaker 1: But he did. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Oh man, Yeah, isn't that doesn't that mean like white power too?
Speaker 6: What I mean?
Speaker 3: I didn't know that either. I made my profile picture me doing the me too and they're like, oh white power Watch the fuck?
Speaker 1: No, that's what I'm saying. That wasn't a thing that should be. Yes, I don't, I don't know, but.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean Nick posts his stats when he's playing black quarterbacks.
Speaker 1: Pretty telling.
Speaker 4: Man, It's so funny because like I've always like, let it slide because I'm like, it's bullshit.
Speaker 1: He plays with black players. You know, his teammates are black.
Speaker 9: And I think he leans into a little bit.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I don't like I could read that for sure.
Speaker 10: I don't know like how much he really hilarious. Yeah, I mean that ship went viral like that, that one like he had one word on there and went viral.
Speaker 6: That sent Chris, if you're I'm grabbing it.
Speaker 9: Anybody has a good anti virus.
Speaker 3: Yeah, look over there. That was after you we got a global attack on Chrome.
Speaker 1: Leave it alone?
Speaker 6: No, no, no, no, yeah, that was. That was something that I had already like committed to the Chris.
Speaker 1: You guys know what's going on?
Speaker 4: That video we played of a j Hinch when he got it from Instagram, clicking all kinds of different websites we've never used before in the company computer to download that video.
Speaker 6: Yeah, dude, let's just tell on it. Let's just tell on me. Let's do that. That's a good ide.
Speaker 3: We're laughing about the audience. Know what's going on? Best friends, best friends?
Speaker 1: Shut out door piece.
Speaker 6: I'll get you this Gray, I just got to get around these pop up.
Speaker 3: And from the dude the super chant, he says, Ryan Clark fucking sucks Mark's hogs. It's a big hog.
Speaker 6: Apparently it's a lot, it's a lot of.
Speaker 4: Can I tell Gorsto hasn't told this guy that this is like a running joke on the show You.
Speaker 3: Gotta Tell Me talk about his dick pretty much every day.
Speaker 1: It's kind of like, wow, it's not we're up to me.
Speaker 9: I wouldn't mention it again, but.
Speaker 3: You know you're the You're the guy with a friend with a massive.
Speaker 6: Don God damn all right here it is.
Speaker 3: Oh man, we got it, Nick bosaid. I mean he doesn't help the allegations, that's for sure.
Speaker 1: Who's g R M?
Speaker 3: George R. Martin?
Speaker 1: What is this?
Speaker 3: I'll read it for you, guys verbatim out your press. Yeah, you can read it.
Speaker 1: Count your fucking days, you fat sloping bitch.
Speaker 3: George R. Martin is apparently writing a new book, and he is. He is writing another series to add to the Duncan Egg series. He's ad he's writing Duncan Egg four instead of writing The Wins of Winter, which has been on hiatus for like seven years now. And you know he had all of COVID to do something to it. He's given a sample chapters, tickling the balls a little bit. But uh, yeah, he's a fat bitch.
Speaker 1: I hate him.
Speaker 3: What I will piss on his grave when he dies. To your cre me, you can't rush the creative process I did. There is rushing and then there is you fat, sloppy bitch work on the right book. Because literally he has had seven years and he's not done. And he did an interview about it not too long ago, and they were like, you know, what would it take to get the Wins the Winter done? He's like, oh, I heard thirty six hours in the Day and five of me's and me reverting twenty years of age. And now he's writing another book.
Speaker 9: What's the Dunking Egg?
Speaker 3: Dunking Egg? It's sir dunk in the tall and egg Gun. It's a good series, but like, come on, eyes on the prize. He fucking turd. I hate George R. Martin.
Speaker 9: Who's the better writer? Uh Martin or l Ron Hubbard?
Speaker 3: I don't know. I know is my guy Brandon Sanderson? Fucking he humps out books like nobody's business. So when that turd dies, he's going to save the series. So hold on to that. We're just waiting for him to bite the bucket because then Sanderson could swoop in and he could finish the series.
Speaker 1: There you go, Maybe it's what his atentions was. I don't know.
Speaker 3: I just want him to finish it because like it's his s demo over there. He the only one know what ever.
Speaker 4: Achilles heel in Homer's initial writing official home it came like after he died and someone like.
Speaker 1: Picked it up.
Speaker 4: His achilles heel is achilles hee him getting dipped into the river. I should say, I wanted the saying you sent Chris. This is this is what should we say for a whole segment?
Speaker 1: What the thing you just said? Slag something?
Speaker 6: Yeah, yeah, yeah, I got it as a graphic. We can do it. We can do it now if we want.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I was doing people coming in anyway, right, yeah, yeah, okay, I'm supposed to have some some guests here bringing tacos in anytime.
Speaker 1: Now. I'm blessed. We're blessed with this job. Shout out the Joey.
Speaker 3: Name, Shout out to Joey and start. It's gonna be uh Chef Frankie and I got Scott. We had Scott on uh the Burger bat for the Burger Battle because Frankie's kitchen is going to be taking part in the Taco showdown. Which is this I mean it's basically the same thing we did with the burgers, but with tacos.
Speaker 4: I love it from where I'm from, to represent the state of Michigan. You know, like hype up a good burger battle, and burgers are great.
Speaker 6: They really are, yes they are.
Speaker 1: But a taco competition, son, what the fuck? Come on, It's just that's something I know.
Speaker 6: I can eat fifty up.
Speaker 4: We couldn't really eat our weight through the entirety of the burger battle, to be honest, you can kind of have to get taco battle.
Speaker 1: Come on, man, I think I've had dreams like that. I can't wait for this.
Speaker 3: I'm excited. You can do. You can do a lot more with tacos. Yeah, I already know whoever's making fish tacos is gonna get my number one vote.
Speaker 1: Okay, that's disgusting.
Speaker 3: I'm a big fish tacos.
Speaker 1: I'm out, dude, flag on the play. You don't like fish tacos, that's all right, that's ghosts. Wow, I think have you ever.
Speaker 3: Been to California when you've been to Hawaii? I don't like fish, that's crazy.
Speaker 6: Your guys is is tacos? Well? This guy Michael Parsons, Oh yeah, heat guy confirmed feet guy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I was trying to think.
Speaker 4: I saw this last night, and it's too soon for me to be super active in Lions public right now, but this is the way.
Speaker 1: I'm like, Man, how can I get the people back? You know? How could I.
Speaker 3: Rally the tards?
Speaker 1: I'm gonna back of my side.
Speaker 3: I wanted to quote grade.
Speaker 1: That's good because shove his foot. Is that there? You think like that? Yeah?
Speaker 4: Yeah, get him going, yeah yeah, rile them up. But I was like, because it got got by Michael last year, Yeah, you might have the other targ so I'm gonna easily hit that. Hit me with that and fucking next thing, you know, Rao Ratio. The Alliance fans are tagging in with the Green Bay fans.
Speaker 3: Fucking yeah, we don't like this guy.
Speaker 4: This guy walkwart sport sports sports.
Speaker 3: He drove away running back that was already off our team. Yeah what trek school. We'll get him out of here. We don't want him. He cheated the team. Don't get me going, man, Yeah, go Gordo.
Speaker 10: I'm not happy with everybody. Uh listen, you can call me a schoopl slappy, but like you, guys are off almost twenty million dollars.
Speaker 9: What the fuck do you expect this guy to do?
Speaker 10: And in the contract negotiations, like, I don't know, it's just people not having any comprehension of like what the fuck.
Speaker 3: School knew he was injured and intentionally made the Tigers worse. Yeah, but don't say forced. Yeah, I mean all right, yeah, that's how it works.
Speaker 6: I mean I don't.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that pissed me off a little bit as well.
Speaker 5: Annoying.
Speaker 3: No wait no, all back schoopbl all back schoopl. I'm going to back schoolbl that ship.
Speaker 1: I couldn't believe that grifting at its finest.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean, you know, some people need people to make content.
Speaker 1: Brother, I'm not doing that.
Speaker 6: I'm not doing that.
Speaker 1: Ah, I'm not. Fuck, that's getting weird. Yeah, I don't even know that. Michael Parsons likes feet. Mark Parsons does like feet. Michael Parsons likes feet.
Speaker 9: Interesting spot, bro, that's.
Speaker 1: If you're coming back from acrotherly should be worried about your nee.
Speaker 4: You know what I'm saying, I just because I like that's I mean, honestly, if pays well, there's a rep this season, Michael Park's not the same because his game is kind of relying on that fucking knee a little bit. I'm saying, he's doing a lot twitching and turn, you know, get to the quarterback and make some crazy moves like that. Let him not be fully healthy and penny fucking pancakes his ass. I'm really gonna tweet that out like a good thing's gonna shove his foot up your ass, you know what I'm saying, Like, you don't do that, so w'd you come back?
Speaker 6: Man?
Speaker 1: But he's probably used to be great. I don't know what I talked about being having a foot fetish.
Speaker 3: Yeah, man, I mean he's just he's weird.
Speaker 1: He's kind of weird.
Speaker 3: Is kind of a weird guy, weird.
Speaker 9: I always love that video though, when he was at the Pro Bowl and he was in his little.
Speaker 10: Scooter, remember that, Yeah, filming the cheerleaders down right before the mail Chi.
Speaker 3: Yeah, caught in four K for sure.
Speaker 6: Is that?
Speaker 1: Can you find that?
Speaker 6: I can try to find that.
Speaker 10: I also love the one where he like went on the field and try to get like a pass deflection or something in the scooter.
Speaker 1: Yeah, dude.
Speaker 3: The Pro Bowl the first year they did the Pro Bowl, like the flag football version of it. It pissed me off because like Jamir Gibbs is about to have a pick six? Did and then like the entire other team ran on the field. Yeah, they ran off the sidelines and started chasing. I was like, dude, what the fuck? He was carving everybody else and then literally the entire ANFC left of it. It is, but I wanted to see my guy get a pick six.
Speaker 1: He was he did. It counts. It's flag too.
Speaker 4: They had some type of flag competition go on today. They kept saying, like, I got the NFL notifications, Bro, they sent like twelve like high.
Speaker 1: I'm not clicking on that. Stop sending that ship. Mary Sheffield scored a time. I don't give a fuck.
Speaker 3: Oh the flag football, Yeah, don't send me notification for that. Look at this behind the back pass?
Speaker 1: Come on, don't there?
Speaker 3: Like honestly, flag football sucks. It sucks to play, it sucks to watch it. I don't like playing it. It's it's stupid. The best part about football is hitting people, and you can't. In fact, you can't even block people. Fat guy's got no place blocking.
Speaker 1: Full contact of the line.
Speaker 3: Okay, yeah that's pretty cool.
Speaker 1: I fucked up my knee real good and one that'll do it. And I was like, I'm retired.
Speaker 3: I don't get back. I pay to play this, dude. We should. We should at some point go to like, uh, you thirty seven practice or something, or a game. Get some content at you thirty seven game.
Speaker 1: That sounds fun.
Speaker 6: It's fun at.
Speaker 3: Braylan play on one of the teams that just goings.
Speaker 1: Funny fucking Brailen play, but that sounds funny. Want to if if he does, that may be fucking sick. It would be insicke.
Speaker 4: You gotta think though, motherfuckers. I mean, they're playing you thirty seven already. Yeah, to prove some ship.
Speaker 1: Brailan out there going after his Yeah, we could jump somebody jump some old man that goes after.
Speaker 6: He's just probably some dog as well.
Speaker 3: I mean, you gotta be like a cousin or still very athletic to play you thirty seven.
Speaker 1: Respect, no respect, respect, You gotta respect your love of the game.
Speaker 3: You're push Yeah, you're putting your your livelihood on the light, your life on the line.
Speaker 1: For they love the game.
Speaker 3: I mean, if you don't got a family, sure for sure, but if you got like a family to feed, you're out.
Speaker 1: There.
Speaker 3: What happens if you're a construction worker playing you thirty seven football, you got two kids, and you break your leg playing fucking football, you're out of work for four months.
Speaker 1: Sure he has a game play.
Speaker 3: Probably not, that's probably playing football. I mean that ship is funny, but like, man, they I feel like the priorities aren't there.
Speaker 9: Speaking of funny, I think we got that video?
Speaker 3: Can we play it?
Speaker 5: Is it?
Speaker 6: I muted it?
Speaker 1: Is it a broadcast?
Speaker 9: Yeah, it's not a broadcast. It's just like somebody taking.
Speaker 6: It says well, it says a perfect time. In the bottom it says overtime, We're good?
Speaker 3: Yeah, shot over time? Yeah all right. So this is the Michael Parson's video going by with the camera and.
Speaker 4: I love when something like nineties shit happened. Yeah the slide because oh with the athletes, they do this all the time.
Speaker 1: Man, they really do. Michael parks with that. But what do you have? Edwards say, drop.
Speaker 3: Dropped the hard Yeah, dropped the heart and a red light. I'm like snapchat yeah? Uh? Add them from the d says hold your tongue and say flag. I will not be doing that.
Speaker 6: Uh.
Speaker 3: They scare me, especially we're in royal oak.
Speaker 1: We're out numbered.
Speaker 3: Now they can break through the windows like Seal Team dis World.
Speaker 9: War Z type ship crawling up the window.
Speaker 6: Oh, I had something to say and I could have saved it, but I totally forgot what it was.
Speaker 3: Super chat, Really, mister big says Big seven or retired NFL player or Big seven four retired NFL player, Oh like seven on seven league, like the Big Three.
Speaker 1: I don't know. But what's going on is what's with the stuff? Because we've got John mcaron at five thirt.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I don't know, but we're gonna have John macarone on at five thirty.
Speaker 1: Okay for sure what we're doing it?
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, John macrune five. If you guys don't know what happened John macrooon last night, he got it. He got silent, He got a credential stripped after appearing on the Crunch Time.
Speaker 3: After appearing on Crunch Time.
Speaker 1: Say be careful, care what those Crunch Time boys, they'll get you. He did something on that show.
Speaker 3: It was I don't know.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna ask him today. You know what he thought?
Speaker 6: It was?
Speaker 4: Specifically, is a list of things, you guys know, the doc's kind of always been.
Speaker 3: Honestly think it was a specific part of his Crunch Time interview.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I think it could have been too I think it could have been too dis is crazy, Salety Dicks was nuts.
Speaker 6: That was That was a bar. Yeah, that was a bar. That was a bar.
Speaker 1: Pull up.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you guys already know the docks already unfiltered already. I'm saying kind of you know what I'm saying, much you can be as a line of credential beat, it's no longer the I want to convert that and I want to see a piste off doc. I want to hear what's going on I'm saying, and like all the ship that like you know, he can say nice free, I'm.
Speaker 3: Gonna I'm gonna use that as if I ever have to do stand up. That's gonna be my first line talking about being in Royal Oak and being on air saying some things and.
Speaker 1: Come to the window I got right next door for fucking yeah. Yeah, try out.
Speaker 6: Yeah you should.
Speaker 4: That should be a punishment we do seventh, that should be the next That should be the next pick up.
Speaker 1: Let's go, Chris, haven't you done that? Actually?
Speaker 6: What stand up? Yeah?
Speaker 11: I did?
Speaker 6: I I kind of did it like I had to pres I had to do my podcast live one time. This was twenty twenty, and so I just basically approached it like a stand up set and I did like, it's like just like a stand up set of uh Kobe or well fastball and then and then basketball that.
Speaker 1: Hip hop crazy.
Speaker 6: Well, No, it was because it was at the time. It was a month after he passed.
Speaker 1: Damn man, what.
Speaker 5: It was.
Speaker 6: It was the news. It was the news anchor that fucked up. Remember when she said that he used to play for it and he didn't play for the Knicks, And she said the old nick.
Speaker 3: You dropped the hard R and you were talking about Kobe.
Speaker 6: I did not.
Speaker 1: That was going crisy. Yeah, yeah, he died.
Speaker 3: I was talking about Kobe like recently, no, right after he died. And the specific reason when that was somebody dropped the hard R.
Speaker 6: That was the joke of the set. And I said, I'm not I'm not gonna say it.
Speaker 9: I think I remember the video he's talking about.
Speaker 1: I remember. Yeah.
Speaker 6: Yeah, it was like some news.
Speaker 3: She was, yeah, she's on she said the New York Yeah, blanket boxers. Yeah, not not the right version for the No, that was she said.
Speaker 1: Denver, the Denvers, I think she.
Speaker 3: I think she dropped like a soft egg at the end of it, got like the Denver.
Speaker 1: You saw this video some guys going through Pokemon. It's like Pokemon. Let's say the N word. That's funny.
Speaker 6: All right? Oh yeah, I did see that too. Actually, want to go break.
Speaker 1: By Timmy come back. We'll be ready for document.
Speaker 3: Oh shut out coming through right now. I think we got a We got Chef Frankie in the building. I believe let's go what's going man?
Speaker 1: Shut out?
Speaker 3: So we gotta go to break because I gotta figure out some of the doctor we do. Gotta go to break, Yeah, because we got doc coming on? Is he on? No?
Speaker 6: Yeah, he's coming at five?
Speaker 3: All right, So let me tell you about Planing Fitness.
Speaker 6: Uh.
Speaker 3: Planing Fitness is the home of the judgment free zone. You can get a full body workout thirty minutes and all memberships and cool fitness training. You get all that for just fifteen dollars a month, or you can upgrade the Black card and get you some money's like Hydrosage Total Body Enhancement. Access to over twenty seven hundred locations worldwide, joining club online and Planefitness dot com. Planing fitness for your fitness is essential. And let me tell you about All Day IPA from Founders. It's been in the game for fifteen years. You can find it at an art and Jake's near you. Five dollars shorts on Monday, Wednesday and Sunday. It's All day IPA.
Speaker 2: The hunting season is almost to here, Detroits and your Lions are on the prow. Make sure you're locked into Woodward Sports for all the Dan Campbell reactions, Jared Goff touchdowns, COmON Roth first downs, Kenny pancakes, Kurmy picks, Jim's big plays, and of course Jack Fox his leg Stay locked in on all your Lions coverage right here on Detroit's number one sports network Sports.
Speaker 12: How do people feel about getting a Planet Fitness membership for fifteen dollars a month? How do they like working out in the clean and spacious Jim that's filled.
Speaker 3: With equipment for every workout?
Speaker 12: And how about fre Fitness training in the Judge free zone that leave and feeling energized all day long. Joint Planet Fitness today with the free pf app online or in club, and it's not getting that big business Energy for fifteen dollars a month.
Speaker 2: We don't like to brag that we are the toughest sports network in Detroit, but we.
Speaker 5: Do have a guy named Darren McCarty on our.
Speaker 6: Shot Woodward Sports.
Speaker 9: Let me tell you guys about water Hazard.
Speaker 10: Founders just came out with their first ever vodka canned cocktail and it's absolutely fantastic. It's five percent ABV with a citrusy refreshing and it's gluten free, best served over ice with a slice of lemon preferably. And you can get five dollars cans at any art Jake's location in Michigan on Monday's, Thursdays and Sundays. Please drink responsibly and let me tell you guys also about throw. Most people think that energy comes in a sixteen ounce can full of sugar and neon colored liquid.
Speaker 9: You don't need any of that.
Speaker 1: You know better.
Speaker 9: It's time to upgrade your game with Thrive Energy pouches. This isn't your daddy's dip.
Speaker 6: This is a.
Speaker 10: Tobacco free, nicotine free mental powerhouse packing three hundred milligrams of clean smart caffeine including alpha GPC and lthionine.
Speaker 9: No jitters, no sugar Crash and zero Bloating. Thrive can be found online at dipstop dot com. Remember to use promo code WSN. That's WSN for fifteen percent.
Speaker 10: Off your entire order, exclusively at all Market Fresh and Market Square locations. Thrive, Clean Energy, zero distractions, They just fn work.
Speaker 4: What up that welcome bikeweightslide which sports dot Com eas wesb morex Young Chris the Revolving Door.
Speaker 1: I was kidding. Shot there, Gordon holding down the sound.
Speaker 4: Uh Spinney worring on some good stuff coming shout to uh shout to Taco battle coming out Sunday. But today a jalen Dura. There's report from Yahoo. I believe it was Chris.
Speaker 1: Yes, what was the report of contract? Jaalen Dura?
Speaker 6: Once he wants.
Speaker 3: Should we waste this now? Isn't doc coming on like right now?
Speaker 1: No? I pushed Doc back because these guys.
Speaker 6: Are going okay, Uh, five year to eighty seven max contract is what he still wants. He is twenty two years old and a critical piece of the Pistons team that shocked the world in route to sixty wins and finished third All team NBA. Basically just mouth like.
Speaker 3: You want sixty million dollars a year. I would love I would love for Jalen Duran to get into a room with somebody and actually pitched that an NBA team should pay him sixty million dollars a year, because there is no nobody that would buy that. Nobody was willing to give you forty. You were literally looking around, going from team to team, going from door to door, saying you desperately want to play for the Sacramento Kings, saying you know, you would love to play for the Boston Celtics, which if you got to pick two fan bases to cape for, like Sacramento.
Speaker 1: In Boston, yuck uh.
Speaker 3: And they didn't want to pay you that much. Nobody wants to pay you that much. Nobody's going to pay you that much. Even if you went out in the playoffs and you were dominant and you were putting up twenty and ten and you were you were being a you know, a the player you were in the regular season, you were not going to get a sixty million dollars a year contract. That's just insane.
Speaker 4: He wants to be paid more than Kate Cunning, more than Kid Cunning him. Like you guys want like just to put it plainly how crazy and this is even like I want to come on and I want a bass challenger, Like this should not have gotten to this point.
Speaker 1: This is ridiculous.
Speaker 4: You can't negotiate with someone who is not dealing in reality.
Speaker 1: I mean, it's like trying to talk.
Speaker 4: I mean, I'm I'm trying to be funny, but go on the street and have like a try to convincing a crazy person.
Speaker 1: Yeah, this schizophrenia, you know.
Speaker 4: What I'm saying, Like we thought I was the crazy one, you know, like this is this is fucking nuts, and I I don't want to bash you, I gotta say that this has gotta be I know, dude, don him too.
Speaker 1: Man, it's an agent. This is how you know you have the worst fucking agent out there. I mean, it's ridiculous for it to get to this point.
Speaker 4: You're requesting more money than k Cunny him and you made third team All NBA for the first time in the contract year. There's a playoffs after that that mattered, and you fucking disappeared. Yeah, you had every reason to show up for that and you did not. Between the next girlfriend ship the money on the line, wanting to win the fucking game, I mean, it's ridiculous stuff.
Speaker 1: You're not worth that amount of money. No, don't.
Speaker 4: Whoever's talking, you're telling you that. Get that's like maybe the last CBA, sure everyone was getting paid. It was ridiculous. Get Tristan Thompson was getting paid. It's just the grab offensive boards and the playoffs. Like it's just I wish, I wish Durream would have done that. Times have changed, and you don't hold the resume your only twent at twenty six years old. When you prove that you're worth that, you'll get that because you'll be eligible for the big big contract, the super Max.
Speaker 6: Right, yeah, right, you will be eligible for, presumably if he grows and develops a you know, a higher version of the super Max. It's I believe it's called the Veterans Supermax. But at this point, here's where I'm at with it. If they really want to play harshball, if they really want to play hardball with Jayla during all right, I'm gonna go extend to Sara Thompson. I'm gonna go I'm gonna go pay him.
Speaker 11: Now.
Speaker 6: Look now you got even less. Now you gotta even less with h Here's the exact number you're going to get That's it, Like we we locked up our core. Do you want to be here or not? Because at this point, you're operating like you're not a part of the core. You're operating like you like you you're trying to hold this organization hostage. You're not You're not a core player. You're a terrorist kidding.
Speaker 4: He is is man, You're fucking terrorists on this team.
Speaker 3: In playoffs, al Jada Pinochet's helly pilot with the super Chet says fifty seven million won't matter on judgment day. It's like, you gotta fire your agent, yes, Jalen, like you have to. There's a reason the guy only has four clients and you're one of them, and you're not getting paid Like it's you had at literally every single team in the NBA, every single one of them look at you and your agent and say you're not worth forty million dollars. And he says, all right, we're doubling down. I want sixty million. What what? And I wish revolving door was in here, But he's getting our guest hooked up. He had a good point, like the only thing that this could somewhat make sense is if this is the last you hear from Jalen Durrance to camp if it's just one last hail Mary, Yeah, one one. You know I want sixty million, that's what it is, sure, And that's just an awful strategy.
Speaker 1: Again he's not doing in reality.
Speaker 3: Like if you would have been reasonable with the Pistons, if you would have been in their ballpark, if you would have negotiated properly, you probably could have gotten closer to forty million than the thirty five million. But now, if I'm the Pistons, I'm not offering you a dime over thirty thirty thirty three million dollars?
Speaker 6: Do you think That's what I want to ask? Do you guys think that any of these tactics are actually costing him money? Like Trajan's lowering his offer. Do you think Trajan is just here's the number. That's that's what it is. Either sign it or take the QO. What do you think?
Speaker 3: I think that's what That's what it should be. Now if I was Trajan Langdon, that's what I would do. Okay, you say you want sixty million, here's what we will pay you. If you don't want that, sign the qualifying offer and check out free agency next year. I'm done with this. That's what I'm doing. You want to play hardball, here's hardball.
Speaker 6: But is that number lower? Do you think that number has thirty three million?
Speaker 8: Oh?
Speaker 6: Sure?
Speaker 1: Not a cent more?
Speaker 3: For sure?
Speaker 1: I mean, look, how desperate you.
Speaker 3: Anymore?
Speaker 4: You've gotten nothing on this publicity. That's that's all he's successfully done. That's all his agent has done is embarrassed Jayleen Drt Yeah, like, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 1: I'd go down here.
Speaker 3: Scott boris no fucking chance, buddy.
Speaker 1: Up there trying Ryan like doctor Sue's who get the fuck out of here.
Speaker 3: Dude, Bro's ditch Paul. He's gonna be ditch Paul in for context.
Speaker 1: Uh k, Cunny.
Speaker 4: In this season, we make it fifty million dollars, Jayalen Durn wants to make fifty seven annual average salary.
Speaker 1: Just get the fuck? I mean, yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but it's coming to close.
Speaker 1: I mean, this is something negotiating plays, but you're wasting everybody's time.
Speaker 3: Wasting everybody's time. Nobody on God's Green Earth is gonna pay you that much money.
Speaker 6: Signed the contract, and honestly, at this point I found the pisses again I'm forcing. I'm forcing my leverage here and I'm just extending to Sara Thompson being like, all right, if you want to be here, Look, we got that locked up, We got this locked up. This is the money. So now I can't because the word is that they want to get this done so that once During is signed, then they can resign Asar or extend a SAR. That's the word right now, the way During and his agent and his camp are operating. I'm just gonna go talk to Usar get that done, like fuck it, fuck it, it is what it is at this point right.
Speaker 4: Another thing I think about too, Actually I'm not even this is me being a radio host, so don't take this serious, but like this is effect a little bit of team chemistry absolutely, Like or do you understand, as teammate, get your money?
Speaker 3: I mean, I don't think anybody will hold it past him to ask for that money, but to drag out the process so long while you're seeing super teams get put together in Philadelphia and yeah it's you threaten. You're saying you'd love to play in Sacramento. I'm sure that doesn't sit right with Kate Cunningham, who just made you a third team All NBA guy, Like, yeah, I mean it's it's just like you said, it best easy, Like, I haven't seen any he have so much self inflicted bad pr without a legal battle. Yeah, it's crazy. He's just doing this to himself. But I mean, hey, man, you're betting on yourself.
Speaker 4: Maybe he's like he's into that. He's into like the kink shaman. That's why he played bad in the playoffs against.
Speaker 1: His ex's way for the humiliation fetish. Yeah, he's got humiliation fetish. I mean that's what it started to feel like at this point.
Speaker 3: It's gotta be something.
Speaker 4: I'm like, damn man, it's not a contract clown to you.
Speaker 6: We all want to you laughing.
Speaker 9: For you can do something.
Speaker 1: Please.
Speaker 3: You need Jalen Duran on this team. Asking for more money than Kate Cunningham is just absolutely ridiculous.
Speaker 6: It's laughable.
Speaker 3: It is laughable.
Speaker 4: It's a fucking joke, man. His management is a fucking joke. I don't even got more.
Speaker 1: I mean, that's it. I mean, you think it's coming to close at this point. Maybe that, I mean, I I agree.
Speaker 6: I think Gordo made a good point. I think this does feel like a last thing outdoor to you first evolving. But no, he he made a good point about that. I think that this is a last ditch effort because we talked about weeks ago about how this is just over, like the five to eighty seven is just totally out the door. So it just throw that again. It felt like, yeah, you clached your eyes of you through some shit at the wall again. Extend at this point.
Speaker 4: Pick a day in a number for Jaylender. When's it happened at what? Oh damn, I'm not good at math. On the spot, I'm gonna say an annual value of average annual value of thirty five.
Speaker 6: It'll start at like thirty two or whatever. I think he'll get that, and I think it will be done in whatever ten days is from now. I think ten days from now. Shout out Michael mctriski.
Speaker 3: He's right because those you see those pictures from Angelies.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, waterface for sure, but god name she looks like said the sack at one you won't see her face at all.
Speaker 3: It was great, it was It's crazy, it's true, it's true.
Speaker 4: Uh, it ain't your beauty, it's your beauty. To the Jaalen during stuff number for me with thirty seven on August.
Speaker 1: Tenth, thirty seventhday, day in the number, day in a number for Jaalen during Okay.
Speaker 11: Six six six.
Speaker 3: Thirty rap rap thirty three and a half, and it's on.
Speaker 4: The twelfth, twelve, eighteen twenty six Jalen during Doomsdays again August twelve.
Speaker 6: Honestly, Spencer, I'm with that because normally pisses to his breaks on the day I'm not there.
Speaker 1: That would be a day I'm not Yeah, whatever day Chris is gone, we're gonna get it. Yeah, that's what it's gonna make sense.
Speaker 3: Oh, Jalen dur it only takes thirty three visit call off one day.
Speaker 1: Brother, I'm sorry.
Speaker 9: August fifteen.
Speaker 3: We can't. We can't have Chris can't call off. We don't have enough people on the show.
Speaker 6: We don't have enough doc.
Speaker 1: I'll make sure someone's here. We don't have enough door.
Speaker 9: Yeah, we're gonna have to double door back there.
Speaker 6: Still here, still selling fake doors.
Speaker 3: Still selling fake doors.
Speaker 1: All right, we are having John the doc back room.
Speaker 4: We just have some I don't know what's going on, to be honest with you, Yeah, neither. We have some guests lined up at different time slots now, so we've got some live on air stuff going on. Let's go to break, come back and we'll talk to John who have to wait.
Speaker 1: Yep, all right.
Speaker 6: Mortgage Pros.
Speaker 1: Mortgage Pros.
Speaker 10: Yeah, let me tell you, guys about Mortgage Pros. Are you looking for a career upgrade? Check out Mortgage Pros, the number one mortgage broker to work for in the state of Michigan. We saw their incredible company culture firsthand at their annual block party. Their team truly loves what they do and it shows. With four point night stars on Google and over four thousand reviews, their reputation speaks for itself. So if you are looking to start a new career, give Mortgage Pros and Troy a call at two four eight four one six one three six one Mortgage Pros.
Speaker 9: Let the pros handle it.
Speaker 2: For more Detroit Tigers coverage, make sure you subscribe to Woodward Tigers on YouTube.
Speaker 5: Old Tigers all the Time.
Speaker 2: For the hardcore Detroit sports fans and can't get enough for the Motor City's teams.
Speaker 1: All season long, You'll.
Speaker 2: Get NonStop Tigers content from on field interviews, postgame reactions, and roundtable insight from Woodward Sports.
Speaker 3: You're building a whole combat sports enterprise in the heart of it in Detroit.
Speaker 1: And that's why I think it's cool.
Speaker 13: I think with opportunity, right, like you said, maybe you'd like to punch people in the face for real, and you know you want to be a boxer, and you have an option there. Maybe you don't like get punched in the face and you want to make you know, you like the theatricals and the storylines, and if you have an avenue here, maybe you start at one and then want to change to the other. I don't care. I just want you in the building and know that you have someplace to go to explore that. Just having the ability to what do you want to do and how do you want to do it to the best of your ability? And you know it all starts.
Speaker 3: With the kids.
Speaker 2: Jimmy and gives breakout season floating Woodward Sports the most dominant Detroit sports coverage around.
Speaker 6: Bundy Pizza, home of the original Detroit style pizza. You can save ten percent, you can you can do a lot with that. You can fix a computer, you can do a whole bunch of things with that. Say, with that saved, you get pizza, bread steaks. It's me both wigs. They got it all. Make sure you say ten percent at all at Buddiespizza dot Cow check it out.
Speaker 3: Check it out. At least we have another computer that we I watched it.
Speaker 6: Already set in stone by the time you offered.
Speaker 1: Just love popping on next time I got. I got a website you could have used.
Speaker 6: I didn I didn't. I didn't know, and I didn't.
Speaker 1: You're you're flag on you too. You should just downloaded it.
Speaker 6: I tried, no. I I'd like to think that I'm not like, I'm not completely dumb, like I know how to like not hop up virus. But here we are the big two six.
Speaker 3: This is viruses. It's better downlottle brave on there. Because Google Chrome's gone. Looks like Firefox is next. We're gonna need a new fucking browser. Global attack on Chrome, really, because I'm using it to edit right now.
Speaker 1: Keep it eye on the dock. He's supposed to be showing up shortly here.
Speaker 6: Okay, we do actually have him.
Speaker 1: The Goat.
Speaker 3: The goat they got oat, the bad boy of Detroit sports media. Yeah, the man himself, John Doc.
Speaker 6: Doc.
Speaker 14: How you feeling I feel good guys, anything interesting to talk about? And that happened the last twenty four hours. It's all good fellas. Where's my guy, Spenny, where's my big fella that we used to hang out and go to Michigan State and tag team and have some fun with where's my guy at?
Speaker 15: Yeah?
Speaker 1: I'm still here. Damn you guys are running them without me?
Speaker 5: Yes?
Speaker 3: Sorry, that's crazy.
Speaker 1: How you doing, Doc?
Speaker 4: It's good to see it, Doc, man. I really appreciate you the time to come on today. I know some Uh, I mean that's the best big news man. The Lions took the doc off the beat. What's why?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 14: No, it's a good question, and it really starts with Look, it doesn't impact my current employment in regards to the partnership I have with on Sports Illustrated, their supportive partner. Look, it just really starts back. It just I'm trying to be succnct with it. Back in twenty thirteen, I started a podcast and a Twitter page with the idea, what if somebody just shared their thoughts all the time, really unfiltered, just shared it, and we built a podcast on Sports Illustrated called Me. In twenty nineteen, they wanted to partner with me and provide me a media opportunity to cover the Lions. And I told on Sports Illustrated I'm not a trained journalist. I'm a guy with a big, bold opinion and I work hard. And they said, we'll work with you, and we'll partner and we'll do the we'll grow something big together. And that's what we've done over the last seven eight years. First of all, I want to thank the Lions pr for giving me the credential. They never had to and they opened up a big, huge problem because I'm a loud mouth and they can't control me. I owned the Detroit Sports podcast. It's successful, it always has been and always will be. And on Sports Illustrated gave me full control to write about the Detroit Lions. So I write the headlines, I give the topics to the three journalists. I'm the head man in charge, so all the top all the controversial issues that the Lions may not have liked over the years. I wish the only regret I had is I wish they just would have told me where I stood. After the early rocky period in twenty nineteen. I never once heard from the Lions that they had a complaint. Now, the crazy part is they kept a secret file on me all the things I tweeted said. And I think the issue is not the things I wrote or really the headlines that I created. The issue for the Lions is I'm loud on social media. I have a podcast where I'm loud and it's growing, and I just my thesis was and unfortunately for me, it just turned out that that way of doing business resulted in a lucrative opportunity to grow followers and to engage in the sports community and to be part of the digital landscape. I am not a traditional journalist, I'm not boring. I have an opinion, I share it, and the things I've said are obviously going to be looked at and viewed in a less than favorable way from PR I understand their position. God bless them. They have a tough job. They allowed me to become a media member and to grow the Detroit Sports podcast and on Sports Illustrated. But from their perspective, if you have one open seat and a guy like John mckern's there who you can't control, because if you tell me something, I'm just gonna come out and reveal it, you could have me or you could have two slappy, kiss ass journalists who when you threaten them to take their credential they start crying, who are you gonna accept? So it's easier for them to have more of an aligned media than to have me. So it just shows to me the lines are a little bit soft, and I respect it. Though from that perspective they can't handle the doc Probably nobody can. My wife fairly can. Nobody can. Because I'm honest, I'm real. And the other thing too, is I also in this position. I also have another whole other career that's also wildly successful. So losing a credential to me, while it hurts and stings because I thought that we had a different relationship than what actually was, nothing's gonna really change. I'm successful in life and I'm I'm blessed to be part of the Detroit sports media, and I still am. I just won't be driving down ninety four playing doctor dre down the street and trying to avoid all the headache traffic going down to Allen Park. I'm gonna miss it, but you never know, I still might find a way. I might, you know, write them a letter, or I might fight for it a little bit, but I don't know. It's it's for me. I'm still lucky to be the owner of the Detroit Sports podcast and to run lines on a side for now.
Speaker 4: Amen, Doc, you south to do something and you did it absolutely tremendously successful. You've covered the team. It makes tons of sense. I just I Carlos Monaro. Whatever I do, I apologize. And I don't know his name completely. I've read one article by Hans and I dismissed him as a journalist in my opinion, and he wrote the stuff about Dan Campbell, like slanderous stuff about Dan Campbell from who was in college right when he got the first job for the Detroit Lines. I thought it was a bad look on the organization. Yeah, when he did that, he's.
Speaker 1: Still in there. You know what I'm saying, Like, it's like, what kind of stuff?
Speaker 14: Yeah, no, no, no, the things that look the nature of what you would describe as professional or unprofessional. Look, it's different. I am not a writer that just types things in a newspaper. This is twenty twenty six. I have opinions on everything, and I have opinions on other media members coming out And in two hours, I power ranked the Detroit Lions podcast, and I share my opinion on who's good, who's not good, who listened to?
Speaker 5: Who's boring?
Speaker 14: Who're there? You are you guys all lines podcasts? You're more of a sports show. But maybe I'll add you guys into the mix. But by and large, I'll say this digital media is new. They don't know how to handle it, and they're they're scared because the journalism field is cracking. It's a non profitable business that most journalists don't understand. I'm in a different position in that I'm running the media business. I know how much money comes in, and I'm responsible to pay the three journalists who work for me. So I'm running a business and for me. I don't work for the Lions. I'm not a partner with the Lions. I'm not a broadcast partner. I'm not a TV partner. I'm not a subscription based person who needs to kiss asks to get the access. I don't need any of that. The credential was a blessing. I want to cover the team and be a conduit to a fan, but I understand that my way of presenting things is not conducive to keep a professional credential, and I respect them for doing it. It makes no sense because when you look at a guy like me, I want to be a true journalist, which is question everything, be direct, be bold, and to be open. And so I look at it from the way in which I presented myself. I don't look at it like it's all that you know, serious in regards to its sports. We're making jokes, we're being sarcastic. But if you're a professional NFL organization like the Lions, and you don't want someone like me just being you know, wild and free on the internet, I just would have liked them to kind of mention it, like, hey, we're bothered by it. I thought, it's like, you know what, the Internet in sports is a wild wild West. I feel like I'm one of the tamer critics out there. There's far different critics. Now, maybe they didn't have a media credential. But I looked at it from the perspective of how do I grow from this? You know, maybe I'll be more unprofessional, more of a renegade, But I just I can't. I can't discount the fact that the way I acted produced wildly successful results in terms of the mission at hand, which is grow a loyal audience talk sports. Rile it up. This is sports, we're debating, we're we're you know, having a discussion, and so I'll say it again. I listen to all the podcasts as a professional. Some of them I like, some of them I find boring. Some of them I go, I think you guys could be more successful on your YouTube channel if you weren't so boring. And some outlets like Pride of Detroit I think, slant far to left on the slappy side and present information that makes the fans angrier when the team sucks. But that's their mission and I have no problem telling it to them directly. I have no problem posting it on social media. I have no problem telling reporters that I think the journalists in town and the journalism field has been responsible for the journalism field falling apart, and they view podcasts as major threats. The digital platform is going to overwhelm them because it's more profitable, it's more reasonable, it's more engaging for the fan. Journalism is going to die in five years, and eventually all the seats in there will be filled by content creators and those that create their own brands. Because the brands realize that when you're engaging interesting, smart and relevant and somebody that connects and grows an audience, a media outlet is going to hire you. Now does it align with the way in which PR works to try to spend things positive? All I'm gonna do is ask you guys this and why I valued lines on a side. I just want all the chat. Who don't like me or anything like that, ask yourself. When the Tyrian Arnold situation happened, there was only one column in the entire metro Detroit area that posted the Lion's culture has changed. Tarrian Arnold should be cut one and that was us. Why is that that can't be realistic?
Speaker 11: Now?
Speaker 14: People said it on podcasts? Why did only one media outlet write a bold headline that said cut Terran Arnold? Were they scared? Did they not want to upset the apple cart? That can't that It's not even a relevantly big opinion. Terry and Arnold was a player that caused a lot of noise the culture change. Dan Campbell said, no, turns that was not some major relevation relevant discovery by me and veto to talk about cutting Terry Arnold. But the question mark I leave myself is why didn't nobody else write it? You know, and look, maybe they are truly scared of having their credential yanked. I don't have to be. I will go on and the Lions, I thank them again humbly for letting me grow the podcast bigger than what it was. But the podcast would have been fine without the credential. So it's just unfortunate that I just felt blindsided because I felt, and I said it on the Loan Wolves podcast yesterday, I felt that the Lions viewed me as a normal media nuisance, like, Hey, this guy's probing, he's engaging, he's gonna ask direct questions. But I viewed myself as a conduit to a fan. I was a fan, I was a season take holder, I paid money, So I felt like that's how they viewed me. No, I think when I got the email, the the relevant thought that came to my mind is, oh, wow, they view me as a nuisance and that just doesn't align with me wanting to be there then.
Speaker 3: And you know, you talked about a little bit some of the reporters in this town scared to ask tough questions, and that definitely, you know, whenever we hear the postgame pressers or media availabilities. For Dan and Brad Holmes, it's always it was always you asking the tough questions, asking the you know, why why aren't you using as many motions, even though it was upsetting to Dan Campbell, which was proven by fact that he wasn't using as many motions. The big blue wall we talk about for Michigan and for that type of thing, is there truly a Honolulu blue wall that they're trying to kind of silence anybody that talks bad about the organization?
Speaker 14: Just build all I don't think they're trying to silence anybody. I mean, I'm not going anywhere. What it is is that there's a standard of conduct that I think I want to me as a podcaster, want to be more liberal than what the Lions want. So, for example, all Right, when Rod Wood obviously for the second time, asked for a player's money back all Right and publicly shared it, our reaction was, I can't wait for this guy to leave. I think he's a figure that caused a lot of negative news. I feel like a lot of the way in which he treated players might have been detrimental to the organization and so we wrote I can't wait for this guy to leave. Now nobody's gonna write it in that bolder fashion because they are scared of their credential getting pulled. Honestly, guys, if you really looked at how I acted, I acted in a way that it didn't really matter if I had the credential or not, and I should and if I wanted to keep the credential, I should have played the game differently. But I do not apologize. I am who I am, and like I said, I can't backtrack because that was the original goal was to be wild, be wilder, be different, and I just needed to, like, there are rules, I don't make the rules. Now. Unfortunately for the Lions and their PR staff, they're going to realize that the rules of journalism have changed. More and more of me are going to show up asking for those credentials in the next ten years. So it's easy to get rid of me. I'm just a regular guy with a regular website and a backing, and that's fine to cut me out. But I think it would have been fair to just sit me down and say, hey, here are the realistic standards that we'd like you to follow and have a discussion. They just never did. They kept a folder and then cut me off in one's false swoop. So but look, the journalism field is changing and everybody has different goals. And I respect journalists that want to be in that lane, and you get to be in that room. I'm in a different boat, guys in that I wanted to make more money than a journalist. I wanted to happier than a journalist. You got to remember I walked in in twenty nineteen. I looked around. All the writers in there looked like miserable old dudes that didn't like life. I said, holy Kyle, what's wrong with this journalism field? I thought this was cool, and everybody was miserable. I'm walking in there all happy. Oh I'm a podcaster, I got my own thing. And everybody looked wore out, probably financially strapped, probably worried about their next story they had to write. I walked in there happy as hell because I led everything. So I looked at it and like, what the hell's wrong with the journalism field? And the journalists made it clear that that field is crazy. If you're and I respect them, you have to be crazy to be a journalist because you don't make any money, you're overworked, underappreciated, and it's easier for a guy like me to just share an opinion and to do things bigger, bolder than a journalist. So I respect that field, but it's not one in which it's sustainable on a marketing profitable level. And I look at it from the perspective of I didn't want to be a journalist. I always wanted to be a podcaster, and I took it to the highest level humanly possible, and in my opinion, this is crazy. I'm like, well, I thought, for like five seconds, is this going to hurt me? Not having a credential? No people know who I am. I've have the same audience for fifteen years. It's the same people that got me on Sports Illustrated. I don't think I'm going anywhere, but if it did the writing part, it's no problem.
Speaker 3: I have a.
Speaker 14: Podcast that is fully sustainable. So I'm just in a different boat because I was doing things like Pat McAfee. Before Pat McAfee, he's doing it on a gigantic scale. I was just doing it on a reasonable scale for me and my three journalists that work with me. So and I'll just say this, and maybe they don't like this either. If you're listening and you want to make money in sports media, don't be a journalist. Please, don't be a podcaster. Start your own thing, force a media company to work with you, and you have more control and you have more of an opportunity to be happier. I wasn't upset. I was happy, and I have my own I have my own podcast, I have multiple things I'm doing in the sports media world. I'm not locked in to worrying about the Lions and a credential. It's a nuisance. I liked it. I would have liked to have been, you know, closer to the Lion's PR team. But for me, the only thing that I know I viewed it wrong was I viewed journalism in my world as a true journalist rights and says things that annoys the PR staff. And that's the attitude I took. And of course it's annoying and frustrating, but that's what I believe the field to be truly is to upset the apple cart, challenge things. Because the Lions have fifteen people who are going to stroke their egos and they have a lot of that I just wanted to be the conduit to the fan that said, hey, I got a complaint, John, please go ask this complaint. And I did that and I'm proud of it.
Speaker 4: Got a couple of super chats for you, Dot Man do Yeah, you're the man. Shout our guy. Super fan Hutch will be at training camp with them. Shout out, he says, hashtag release the dog files. Love you, Doc. We all stand with the Doc. He's a real one and speaks for all of us. Thank you for everything, Legend the Goat, thanks for being real.
Speaker 14: Yeah, super fan hutches a legend.
Speaker 3: Listen.
Speaker 14: The support has been great. A lot of people message you guys, and look, I'm not going anywhere. I'm still the same guy. I'm still doing the same thing. I'm still the same guy at Detroit podcast I was the other day. I just and like I said, if you want to keep a credential, I can give the other side too. If you want to be in the room, don't act like me. Don't act like And here's the funny part. Right when I left, what were you doing, Doc?
Speaker 4: He's using there's burping and stuff like no, no, no, listen.
Speaker 3: If you follow do you think there was a specific moment, because, like you said, it kind of blindsided you. No, not not like a specific moment.
Speaker 14: Listen, for fifteen years, I've just shared everything that's in my head, unadulterated. How I talk to you, guys. We talk about guys stuff. I'm sarcastic, I tell jokes, I'm direct.
Speaker 1: I had a problem with that.
Speaker 14: Maybe maybe they didn't like that I said Detroit's podcast is boring. I don't know. I say these things openly to everybody. I'm not hiding anything. I have an opinion. I have an opinion on media. I'm a media consumer. I have an opinion on everything. And here's the thing, guys, if you want a credential, you gotta kind of be a little bit more buttoned up and a little bit more conservative. And remember I came into this. I am wrong, but I don't have to care because I built it to the point where it's self sustaining. So I acted in a way where if I lost the credential, find, if I have a credential, find, it doesn't hurt me in a big way. So that's why you can act that way because you're the leader of a media company. Two media companies they're successful, you have three people working for you, you pay them healthily, and everything's fine. The credential is not going to significantly impact me. But if you're a journalist and your forty eight thousand dollars a year job is dependent on and these lions PR guys telling you, hey, yeah, you can talk to this guy, then you never act like me. You act like me when you're in full control and you don't have to care, You have fourth you have multiple ways of doing things, and so I just wanted to be a conduit to the fan. And like I said, the only wrong thing I did was I took the attitude of my job was to disrupt. My job was to piss them off. And I truly humbly apologized to the lions PR staff for pissing them off, for feeling like I was on professional I truly humbly apologize. But that was my stance was my job is to piss you off. And if that's what I did, I'm the realist journalist in town. And guess what, they just unleashed the baddest bad boy media member in town. They made my career. They booted the bad boy media member. All he did was ask questions in tweet. They can't handle that, they can't handle the doc they made my career. Thank you lines Edward O'Neil with the super chat too.
Speaker 3: He says, there's only three people who hold Dan and Co accountable. It's the three people on the screen currently. I wish our media was like Phillies. It's ridiculous. We appreciate ed WARDO.
Speaker 11: Now.
Speaker 4: I know the doc is trail blazer, there's anything he takes young beaten path. But was there anything you reported on that you did hold yourself back from because you didn't want to, you know, go over the bounds a little bit?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 14: I mean, that's what was so crazy was we had our initial bumps in twenty nineteen with stories I wrote. They messaged me, they messaged my bosses. My boss has supported me, and they said John is a credible writer. We like his flow, we like what he does. We support the way in which this story went down. But we worked with the Lions and shared with them information. I just would have liked them to say, hey, you're firing close to the son. We don't like the criticism. We don't like the media criticism. We don't like I think truly when I started the daily podcast and started giving my opinion daily and when I asked Dan Campbell that question week one, and then uh talked about it, and and and in a way, you know, handled it the way maybe that they didn't want it to be handled. But I don't know if there's a specific moment they said they kept files. Who keeps a file on a on a podcaster that's asking questions?
Speaker 6: What?
Speaker 14: What did I write? What did I say?
Speaker 1: Would what's the article in ten nineteen you said you got in trouble for the Oh.
Speaker 14: Oh, this is a long story, but here here's what happened, all right, So this is this goes to the whole story of media literacy. A podcaster and a former sports director. His name was Eli Zeric. He was doing a podcast. I liked it. He was doing it with Denny McClain and Bob Page. I liked listening to it. He was a guy that was on TV, but he transitioned to podcasts. So he goes on his podcast and he says, I've heard conversation that Jeff Bezos could buy the Lions. So all I do, in a simple aggregation is it's in the headline, it's in the story. It says Eli zerit says the Lions could be sold. So I credited to what he said, just like I did, Just like I did talking about you, mister e in regards to David Montgomery. The same style of story, the same exact style. So what happened is all the other media outlets that were looking for clicks they reported it as Sports Illustrated says Lions could be sold. So it blows up worldwide. Guy, that's the biggest story I've ever written. Okay, it went worldwide, and the Lions were not happy to see a credentialed reporter with a headline that said with fifty headlines that said Sports Illustrated says that the lines are getting sold. So they called my boss. But my boss said, wait a minute, mister pr why are you saying that John did something wrong. The other outlets are incorrectly citing Sports Illustrated. John just correctly aggregated story. He wrote it, and they didn't like that style of decision for me to write it. So guess what I did. I wrote it another thousand times for the next seven years and kept doing it. So in the end, look, you know, I don't work for the Lions. I worked for Vito Cherco, Emmett Matasovski, Christian Boor and John Mcaroon and the loyal fans of Detroit. So if they don't want something written, it's my job to write it in my humble opinion. And that's the way it went. And so but but but again it goes to media literacy. Sports Illustrated didn't report shit in regards to Jeff Bezos. All we did was was share what was said publicly, like I've done for the last fifteen years.
Speaker 16: That would be a blessing Jeff Bezos and the Detroit I mean, I mean came out all this year and said that if once you know, Martha Ford passes, they will probably sell part of the team, right who said that?
Speaker 14: That's the crazy part about journalism is that that field became crooked in the way in which they reported things. We did things pretty much the right way other than boulder headlines, and I have three journalists that read everything. And the question I would ask the Lions if they ever caught me back again. They probably never will, But like I said, I still wish them well. I wished the pr guy and his family great wishes. He's a good dude, and he's just doing his job. And if I was him, I probably would have kicked my ass out in twenty twenty one. But in the end, journalism is taking a different form because the journalists feel like access is the biggest thing. It's not. It's opinion and entertainment. That's the realest thing out there, and you share your opinion. And the only thing I would ever tell the Lions pr is I know you didn't like what I said, but tell me what.
Speaker 1: I was wrong in.
Speaker 14: Tell me what I was wrong, and I'll correct it. But they never did. They didn't like what I said, and it was my job to say things that they didn't like. So I don't work for the Lions. I work for me and my family, and don't I'm not a partner with the Lions. I don't work for them. I work for me and I. All I asked is is if there's a file that you felt I wrote something wrong, share it with me and I'll grow as a reporter. But they just didn't like what I said, and it was not the content of the things. They just didn't like what I said. I didn't get I didn't get much wrong, if any least the doc tapes.
Speaker 3: Lions release the doc tapes, the people want.
Speaker 14: To release the tapes.
Speaker 3: What's in there?
Speaker 14: Hopefully, hopefully, hopefully it's not the pool pictures. Hopefully they're still you know, hopefully they're not like that. You know, I don't think that's my pool pictures. It's probably stupid ass shit I said about the media stuff I've said here. They're probably like the doc set titties on the Woodward Sports. He's a bad man, So listen, I tell listen. I like big black mics. If they had a problem with it, I apologize. I'm a big black mic fan, and uh, I said things in a sarcastic way. I thought it was in comedic form. And look in the end, they're not taking the money back, so it was all worth it. Man, thank you Lions for all that you did for me. They're not taking the money back. They're not taking anything back that's on my wrist. So I'm pretty happy.
Speaker 3: Oh, document dog walk in and sayd I smell like bro bitch.
Speaker 1: Listen, listen.
Speaker 14: I'm not a journalist. I never wanted to be. I promote podcasts. I promote you guys. Content creators are the future. It's the way things should be covered. It's a little bit more unadulterated. There should be a better marriage between you know, how journalists do their job and and but listen, all I can say is, when I started, there weren't many people doing podcasts. Now every single media member is doing a podcast. What does that say? And some of them are doing it unhappily. So I look at it from the perspective of I was in the right field.
Speaker 11: I knew.
Speaker 14: I knew in twenty thirteen podcasts would be big. I just always thought that a true media member would blow it up like Pat McAfee. I never thought an athlete would blow it up to that degree, but thankfully he did and reride the wave. But look, it's just it's really, it's not that big a deal. It's just not the right fit. I'm allowed, opinionated, a guy with nothing to lose. And if I broke rules, I wouldn't even know it because I'm not a journalist. I don't care about their rules. I just I just and to me, I fell on the sword for this. If you hate me because I love Michigan State and I hate Michigan, I get it. But know this, everything I did was for the fan of Detroit, every media member I tried to mentor everybody I've tried to talk about, how to grow, how to make money, how to keep a job. Everything I talked about and tweeted about was for the fan. And if I fell on the sword for the fan, it was all worth it. It was all worth it. Man, what a great story I'm gonna tell my grandkids. I was a reporter. The Lions hated my guts, and I went in there wanting them to hate my guts and they kicked me I ass out, And Wow, what a what a ride, what a journey for just a regular guy from East Point, Michigan to take it to this level. The Lions kicked my ass out, They threw me out like DJ j Z Jeff. But in the end, I know they don't like me. I know they don't like me, but I know they respect me. It's just I'm way too loud. I'm way too dangerous because I have nothing to lose. I'm successful in life and I have nothing to keep me from tweeting. If I want to tweet about titties, I tweet about titties. I mean, that's that's my problem, that's my biggest problem. That's my biggest problem.
Speaker 3: That's pretty good problem to have. I like some titties like that's.
Speaker 14: My biggest problem, and it's stupid to act like me, but if you can do it, it's a hell of a ride.
Speaker 4: I'll never forget how proud I was when I was able to share the Sports Illustrated article where you wrote about us having Malcolm rodriguezz on you, like you're actually writing about stuff that's going on around the Detroit space, no matter who it is. Like right now, I feel like things are a little CLICKI the Detroit media segment. Like I reach out to certain people, they don't they don't want to be honest whatever whatever.
Speaker 1: I know how it is. But you've always kept it real anyways, right Doc, you helped them.
Speaker 14: And here's the thing was that was my attitude was I talked about everything, and I think the Lions wanted me to put a little filter on some things, but I just couldn't. I just couldn't do it. And maybe now I will, but I doubt it. I mean, I'm a guy that went into this going nothing to lose. I love talking to Detroit fans, I love talking to the haters. Actually The crazy part about me, and I'm probably sick in the head, is I relish talking to the guy with three followers who says you're an idiot and can't and can't do this job. And I love talking to that person because I think that I can maybe get that extra viewer. But that's just the way I am. Yeah, I would say, if you want to be a credentialed media member, just do the opposite. You'll be fine. But if you want to be employed for fifteen years and have your own thing, maybe ask me follow along and see how it is to have control and to be a media member. It's a wonderful ride all the way around. When you have control, it's different. And that's the one thing I never wanted to look like. The journalists on twenty nineteen one of them quit and left went overseas. Two journalists in town, two beat writers in this town, quit the beat and left the country. That speaks to what that feel does. I laugh every day of my life, and I talked to sports and I talk to funny people every single day. And I'm never gonna look like those old, raggedy journalists who got beat down by that business country. They fled the country, two of them, one Tiger's one Lions. I was like, I want to stay in the country. I'm as I go to Puntakana and shack up with a couple of ladies. You know, I don't want to leave the country. I don't want to grow, you know, man titties and be old and broke. I wanted to have a little something to give my kids. I wanted to have something as a legacy. These media companies they spit these guys out, they chew them up. They're like, hey, write ten thousand articles, will pay you thirty six thousand dollars a year, and then see you later. I didn't want that.
Speaker 1: Doctor. I appreciate you coming on with us man.
Speaker 14: The break News listen, and I again again, truly, I apologize to the Lions if I offended anybody. I just went into it thinking that you should be disruptive, if you're a journalist, you should upset the apple cart, because remember, pr means to spend things in a way that's pro lions. My job was to try and spend things in a way that sparked discussion and debate.
Speaker 3: And and you did it, and it's amazing, and you're still gonna do. And that's what it like with us. Like you said, if you've got a podcast, you don't need like the credential is I mean, it's cool to have bonus.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's cool to have.
Speaker 3: It was the bonus.
Speaker 14: It was like the second girl when you're having sex. It's the second girl, you know what I mean. It was it was the second set of titties. I had the first one already. That was that was happily married for twenty five years. And the credential was basically the wife going, you know, honey, it's your forty fifth birthday. Congratulations. Me and me and Betty are coming into town and we're gonna have some fun. That's what the credential was to me.
Speaker 6: I tell you this fault.
Speaker 1: Doc got appreciated.
Speaker 4: No, it was now where can the people find you daily with your Detroit Lines news and all sports.
Speaker 14: Now, Yeah, listen if you want to have fun, have some debates at Detroit podcast. It's the Detroit Sports Podcast. Our model was simple, uncensored, unfiltered, dedicated to Detroit sports. I'm often imitated. I can't be duplicated. I'm a real guy that just tells it like it is. And I just all I do is if I think it, I tweet it and then I apologize later. And that's the way it's been for me, and that's what produced my recipe for success. I don't know if it's if you can replicate it, but if you can, it's really fun. It's just really fun. But again, yeah, for the Lions PR staff, humbly, truly, I apologize if I was a nuisance. That was never That was not something that I wanted to end up with me not being there. I thought we could be like a nusance together. You you listen, and here's the last part I'll take you.
Speaker 3: Listen, listen.
Speaker 14: Here's the part that I liked. I thought it was a trade off. The trade off was I would ask for interviews, they'd say no, and then I get to talk shit. So I thought it was an equal trade off.
Speaker 3: They told me no ninety nine point nine nine.
Speaker 14: Percent of times. I thought it was a beautiful trade off. You just don't give me no interviews and I talked shit. I thought it was a beautiful, a beautiful trade off. But in the end they felt like a slappy would probably suit that job better than me, And I'm sad for that.
Speaker 1: I am too.
Speaker 3: I am too. I think like you said, I think it is a there is a healthy you know, suspicion. There should be you know, healthy conversation because they're not perfect and they don't do everything right and they do make mistakes and like, if they were perfect, they would have maybe won a super Bowl by now. So it's it's healthy to have that in the in the room because they have made mistakes and people need to call that out. So it sucks.
Speaker 14: Yeah, yeah, before I get out of here, Now, here's the funny part. Could you imagine if this made the files and we sit across from each other and be like, hey, guys, I'd love to be in a credential media member again?
Speaker 1: Did you on.
Speaker 14: July twenty third, July twenty fourth refer to our credential as a second set of tittiest? How do I explain that?
Speaker 3: So that's what I think.
Speaker 14: That's the stupid way I think, and and and and and act. But it's unprofessional, but in a manner in which that's entertaining, And that's the way it is. That's just real. That's that's all I can say is I'm real and I had fun with it, and we'll see how it goes. We'll see maybe this could be something where uh it's bigger than what it is, you know, and we'll see, we'll see what happens with it. But I got blessed in the media world. I hit the Grand Slam jackpot.
Speaker 3: Hell yeah, and you can't stop the doc.
Speaker 6: I don't think so.
Speaker 14: I think. I think. I think on Sports, Illustrated likes the the real guy that's uh, honest.
Speaker 3: And as they should, as most most reputable media companies do, as most as most big media markets do. They they you know, fucking New York Philly like it's it's not all you know, rainbows in in unicorn ship, like you gotta have some guys that are gonna ruffle feathers. I think it's I think it's pretty soft that that that is so frowned.
Speaker 14: Yeah, Detroit, the lines, the lines are soft and uh but that's what the media wants it to be because you get more access if you're a little bit nicer. So I don't I don't view it that way. It's a difference of agreement, it's different of opinion. But uh, I'm happy that a certain segment of the Detroit Lions fans understand what I'm about. Some people will always view me as a nuisance, and that's fine, but I always felt like I was a real conduit to what real fans wanted. If if if someone messaged me and said, hey, ask this, I would ask it. And sometimes maybe even in a way that might have gotten me in trouble. And I'm always grateful for the fans who put me there, and thank you guys for supporting me and not you know, dismissing me and dropped me to the curve because I'm no longer an insider insider, but I still have opinions. I'll still read, and I'll be as smart as ever, and I'll come on here anytime you guys want.
Speaker 1: Absolutely look forward to it. Doc, I hope.
Speaker 14: So you guys are crushing it too, Keep it up. Stop stop pissing off the David Montgomery, you Carnyn ass old doc.
Speaker 1: We appreciate you, brother. We'll see soon, shaking the doc shout out to the doc man.
Speaker 3: And he's right, guys, it's you know, the if you're running a podcast, if you're doing opinion based stuff, the credential is not a necessity. It helps, for sure, and it's a cool thing to have, but it's you don't need it.
Speaker 1: I mean, yeah, you're you're Ar'm sorry. All right, it's gonna break. You guys are talking to Icon.
Speaker 4: Let me tell you guys about Icon Auto Repair and Collision. It's the Wolf's Sports newest member of the family. If you've been in an accident, I've ehicle needs repairs. Make sure trust the icons at Icon are repairing collision. There's three communient locations and mess Detroit, Masson Heights, Chelby Township.
Speaker 1: And Pontiac. They all got you cover. I gotta do is visit Icon Auto dot.
Speaker 6: Com About Supreme. Supreme Lending is the dream team. If you are buying a home, talk to Chad and Chris. Their numbers are on the screen today. They got us ninety seven percent customer satisfaction score. They have a ninety nine percent close on time. They waste your time and they save you money. They also got zero percent down payment programs available, and when you tell them Woodward Sports Centire, you get five hundred dollars off your appraisal. That is huge in the house buying business, so make sure when you are buying a house, you're buying from another than Supreme wending. Check it out.
Speaker 2: Hunting season is almost to your detroits and your Lions are on the prow. Make sure you're locked into Woodward Sports for all the Dan Campbell reactions, Jared Goff touchdowns, Common Row first downs, Kenny pancakes, Kirmy picks, Jim's big plays, and of course Jack Fox his leg yes day locked in on all your Lions coverage right here on Detroit's number one sports network.
Speaker 5: Sports.
Speaker 17: Some days call for light, others lean bold, what about everything in between? All day IPA the easy choice for every day citrusy Chris refreshing. You can float with light on the hops, big on refreshment one's great two even better, brood with you and no shortcuts, no fuss, big on flavors, never too much.
Speaker 18: All day ip it hop into easy.
Speaker 3: You're building a whole combat sports enterprise in the heart of it in Detroit, and that's why I think it's cool.
Speaker 13: I think with opportunity, right, Like you said, maybe you like to punch people in the face for real, and you know you want to be a boxer and you have an option there. Maybe you don't like get punched in the face and you want to make you know you like the theatricals and the storylines, and if you have an avenue here, maybe you start at one and then want to change the other. I don't care. I just want you in the building and know that you have some place to go to explore that. Just having the ability to what do you want to do and how do you want to do it to the best of your ability? And you know it all starts with the kids.
Speaker 2: For more Detroit Tigers coverage, make sure you subscribe to Woodward Tigers on YouTube.
Speaker 5: All Tigers, all the time for.
Speaker 2: The hardcore Detroit sports fans who can't get enough for the Motor City's teams all season long.
Speaker 5: You'll get non.
Speaker 2: Stop Tigers contents from on field interviews, postgame reactions, and roundtable insight from Woodward Sports.
Speaker 3: Madpacks go to getmadpacks dot com and find a store near you carrying the best product in the game, the high low pre roll of the Boom Shock Laca, the Concentrates, the Live Riz and gummies. Make sure you check them out. Go to getmadpacks dot com, Mad Flavor, Mad High, mad Packs.
Speaker 1: Guys, I've been reading the comments. Do you watch sports?
Speaker 4: You need to get your eyes check hit up the yardo I center right now, get the deal sixteen ninety nine, just for this summer. Numbre, money on the contacts, number, money on glasses, get your eyes faced, get the lasing, the real stuff.
Speaker 1: From the yalldo ice.
Speaker 4: And they've been around for thirty years, over a half thousand operations in the back pocket. It's why they're done under eight minutes at times, and most pages are seeing twenty twenty the.
Speaker 1: Very next day. Visit Yaldoiser dot com slash sixteen ninety nine, what up, don't walk? Come back to whatever weights Live with sports dot com.
Speaker 4: I'm easy, joined by Scott Spinny, Chris obviously Gordo as well.
Speaker 1: We have Frankie the building. Frankie's working on some tacos off stage. Uh yes, yeah yeah, Scott, dude, I didn't know you did a taco competition too.
Speaker 11: I know we did it. We did a burger a few weeks ago there.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it was amazing, great time.
Speaker 15: Yes, oh yeah, yes, Sunday not only tacos, but we also got margaritas as well.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's that was a bonus feature that I know was going on to like, what's five minutes ago?
Speaker 11: You said it absolutely yeah, so we we got you. Come. You try all the tacos.
Speaker 15: We'll have a dozen different tacorias there, vote for your favorite taco, and then you get to taste five different margaritas and vote for your favorite margarita.
Speaker 11: Oh yeah, so the trophy for each of the.
Speaker 15: Winners, they get to go home and you got get with the price of your ticket, you can try all.
Speaker 1: Those When when didn't you start this one?
Speaker 15: This one's start eighth year, eighth year. Yeah, this is something that I'm I'm yes, and.
Speaker 3: So tell the people again. It's downtown, it's an Eastern market. Where can they go to get tickets? Can they still purchase tickets.
Speaker 15: Or no, absolutely still purchase tickets. Taco showdown dot com. It's at Shed five. Just like the Burger Battle was VIP again. You get the fast pass, you get to get in early, skip the lines so you can get the VIP ticket.
Speaker 11: You get in early at eleven am. Long lines are long.
Speaker 15: There'll be over a thousand plus people in the GA line.
Speaker 11: They get it at one o'clock.
Speaker 15: But if you want to get in before them, get the VIP ticket, get it at eleven am. We'll be there till five against shed five Eastern Market this Sunday Taco Showdown dot com And.
Speaker 3: We got the link in the chat Chris, if you can pin that to the top of the chat, I appreciate you. Taco Showdown dot com. You can click on that link and get your tickets today because it is this weekend. And you said, like, we did a couple a couple more last month. The Burger Showdown is the tenth year anniversary. How much bigger of a a staple that that's become in the Detroit scene and this taco went out eight years yes as well, Well, how much do you look back and say, like, when you were starting these things, did you think that they would become this big of events.
Speaker 15: Yeah, it's been a really remarkable the momentum that's built from it. Every year we get a new restaurant. Frankie's here today. He's a new restaurant that has never been in before. And that's what really motivates us, that excites us is these small businesses that are just getting started and they're looking to get exposure and they see an event like this. It's very low entry fee for them to get into and they're able to get in front of two thousand taco lovers. So it's a niche market of people who already love tacos, and whether you go home with a trophy or not, you're gonna get amazing marketing.
Speaker 11: You guys are going to be there.
Speaker 15: Fifteen other influencers that are going to be there that are going to try all the tacos. They're going to post about it in our celebrity judges. We got Charlie Langston from Channel two Very Cool. He's going to be there as a celebrity judge. We got Serena from our magazine to be there. We got Lindsey Green from the Detroit Free Press The Food out of Her. She's gonna be there as a judge. So all these restaurants that are looking for exposure, they get a chance to get in front of all these media outlets as well as all the guests. We'll get a chance to try them. Once they try them, Wow, this is a great taco, They're gonna want to go to the restaurant.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 15: That's what we've seen is that when people participate in it, they want to come back because they see the advantage they get in the marketing side of it, and the weeks to come after the.
Speaker 4: Event, the guys coming back DOWNNY repeat winners that showed up this year, or.
Speaker 15: Yes, yes, El Taco Dojo has won in the past.
Speaker 1: Been there. They go to Konan it's a food truck. They go to food truck. It's really good.
Speaker 6: Phenomenal, Yeah, phenomenal. They do a great job, great name.
Speaker 3: And and like you talked about, we went for the burger showed on. You know, there's only so much you can do with burgers and they're all doing their different but tacos it creates a whole You can do breakfast tacos, you can do fish tacos. Like how much variety of the people gonna see out.
Speaker 11: There, Yeah, they're gonna see a lot of variety.
Speaker 15: We asked the restaurants to just make one talk go for the judges, but for the guests, they're gonna have a variety.
Speaker 3: Oh okay, So they'll have.
Speaker 15: Anywhere from three to five different tacos at each place, so you'll be able to try different ones. And we asked them to feature, you know, their favorites from the restaurant. But for the judges they only make you know, one tackle. But for the gas you're able to try a multitude of different ones. We're also gonna have wrestlers there too. I have the last Yeah. At first, Yeah, the wrestlers are gonna be. They're all masked up and we don't have room for a ring unfortunately.
Speaker 11: I wish we did. That would be great. But they're gonna be there.
Speaker 15: They're taking pictures, they'll be all dressed up walking around.
Speaker 11: They're there pretty much every Actually, guys, where.
Speaker 1: We're gonna be, We're gonna be the Luta doors. Yes, I'm coming back.
Speaker 3: Don't try to take our masks.
Speaker 11: And then we got some traditional folk dancers as well.
Speaker 15: So there's this family that has been doing it for over one hundred years and in Southwest they bring out about thirty different dancers and we do it mob style. So when you're there, you're not gonna know when they start. Just be out of nowhere. They're gonna start dancing and start dancing in the middle of it. Yeah, and then they go on the back, they change outfits, and they come back out and they do another one. They'll do about four different ones throughout the day, and you just don't know when when they're going to pop up.
Speaker 11: But it's always a crowd favorite Yeah.
Speaker 1: It's pretty awesome. Man.
Speaker 4: This sounds like I always enjoyed going the weddings if like everyone's happy, you know, this sounds like that same type environment.
Speaker 1: Everyone's would be in a good but there's no way.
Speaker 11: There's no way you're not going to be in a good mood.
Speaker 1: Tacos Margarita's performances, it's supposed to be beautiful out too.
Speaker 3: It's just a perfect and looking at your like with the Eastern Market, like, what could you say about them? You know, having these these events there and hosting these great events now for so long.
Speaker 11: Yeah, I can't say enough about the Eastern Market.
Speaker 15: They've been not just a host, but a partner in the event started a long time ago with Dan Carmony when he was the president.
Speaker 6: Uh.
Speaker 11: He approached me and said, hey, Scott, what do we gotta do to.
Speaker 15: Get these food events here in the market because they bring a lot of flavor and interest and culture and that's what the market's all about. So that's when we started doing them at Shed five and we've been there ever since and they do a phenomenal job of working with us, partnering with us. They also have Shed three activated with a vintage market so other non food most of their non food items are there on Sunday, so Shed three will be activated as well, and that's free to go to. So if you come down for Taco Showdown, you can pop right over to Shed three and check out the market as well.
Speaker 11: A couple of other great partners Malagroo, which I have here.
Speaker 15: They've been our key sponsor for the market, the Margarina mix off, So love Malager. I really appreciate their support every year. Fago is another big sponsor of ours. Yep, Fagel has been with us for eight years. We're sponsoring both of our food events. So we've had a lot of great partners. Team Mobile jumped down this year, a Team Mobile there this year.
Speaker 3: And that's how how much do you mean? Like does it mean for you to be like so Detroit everything like you said, like Fago, you know you've got all of these obvious Detroit businesses in the Eastern market, all of these partners tying into Detroit and Metro Detroit in the city itself.
Speaker 6: Yeah, it really.
Speaker 15: Speaks to the city itself and how Detroit comes together. You know, it's really a it's like a big high school, they say, you know, it's a community.
Speaker 11: We get behind each other, we support each other.
Speaker 15: I think it's one of the unique aspects of of Detroit is that it's a city you can start a business, you can open a bridge order, where a lot of bigger cities it's very difficult. It's it's you know, money is a is a huge obstacle, whereas Detroit it's a little less of an obstacle.
Speaker 11: And those that have.
Speaker 15: Started businesses before in Detroit know how I'll still still challenging, and they get behind each other, support each other, and you see that come out in the in the competitions. It is a competitive competition. It is a showdown, but it's still friendly. You'll see the Taco rea, the places that they'll be.
Speaker 11: Talking to each other. They know each other.
Speaker 15: Yeah, they support each other, and that's a that's a beautiful part of it.
Speaker 3: That's the wedding.
Speaker 4: Everyone what some of these trophies which what?
Speaker 3: What's which?
Speaker 1: Now?
Speaker 6: So this is the taco trophy right here?
Speaker 15: Okay, So they will all take that back to the restaurant and feature it forever. And then this is for the best margarita. And we have a two time winner coming back.
Speaker 3: Okay, Yes, So That's what I was gonna say. Is it different tequilas. It's like, how does the is it the taco places making their margaritas or is it specific margarita places.
Speaker 15: Yeah, so the taco places are making their own margarita. They have to use Malagro because they're the featured sponsor, but they can use Reposodo, they can use it in Naho.
Speaker 11: They can use blancole if they like.
Speaker 15: They have to use all the other ingredients are all ingredients from their restaurant that they can make it as as as they will. Their garnish can be however they want. And then we'll have sample cups. And then you have a punch card when you when you come in, you go to each of the five different ones, punch your card, try all five, and then vote for your favorite.
Speaker 3: Oh that's all. I can't wait. I can't wait. It's gonna be such a good time.
Speaker 11: Only five though, only five?
Speaker 3: Only five? Yeah, that's fair, that's fair, that's fine.
Speaker 1: I'm buying a shot your paper tonight to make a bootleg card. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Uh, looking at man. Oh if we have a lot obviously of listeners right now and a lot of people doing different things that might have their own taco stands or something like that. How would they go about kind of entering this for next year if they wanted to put their taco on the one.
Speaker 15: Yeah, we have an increy forum on our website, okay, so they can go on there. And every year it seems like we have somebody who, oh I didn't get a chance to out this year when they have fought the form, and then we'll get them on the list for next year.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Absolutely that Like again, I think that's the best part is it's much like like the burger Fest was. It's places that you've seen places in the area, Places like Ali Jum's about his story coming up and basically going into that Chake schat can just deboing it and then now it's his store. Yeah, and like all of those kind of uh, I don't want to say mom and pop because it feels a little disrespectful, but just early starts that can benefit from something.
Speaker 6: Yes.
Speaker 15: Absolutely, And you see a lot of especially in the taco world, you'll see family recipes.
Speaker 1: Yeah, oh yeah, you'll hear a lot.
Speaker 11: Of these shots.
Speaker 15: Oh for sure to talk about this is our family recipe, and it might be l passed or or I've had an l past or for it. You haven't had every al pastor, right, anyone that's surely has that Mexican pride and be like, no, my our family recipe is different. And and you taste it, You're like, oh wow, this is this has something different about it. There's a little pop to it, a little spice to it that's different than the ones you have before.
Speaker 11: And you'll see that come out And at the Taco.
Speaker 3: Showtout absolutely, and we've it's starting to smell really good in here. We've got Jeff Frankie back there cooking and he's hooking it up and then he's gonna come up here and explain about you know, what he's got going on in that whole situation.
Speaker 6: But I wish we had a trophy for best hat.
Speaker 1: The best hat.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he would definitely get it. Definitely take that one home for sure. He's rocking a lot of Yeah you got there?
Speaker 6: Uh?
Speaker 3: And like, what other do you have any other plans for any other fests? Like other than Tacos or Burger's Donut maybe ice cream fest or something.
Speaker 11: Yeah, it's funny.
Speaker 15: I get a lot of you know, ideas from people people all the time you should do a shwarma. That would be that's been put out there quite a few times, and it's something that we are interested in pursuing. And I know there's a lot of passionate shwarma makers out there stay in any country.
Speaker 6: To do that.
Speaker 15: Yeah, so that's something that we are considering. We've done pizza before then that a couple of times. We've had talks of maybe bringing that one back as well.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 11: Yeah, So there's tons of great coney. A coney could be a potential.
Speaker 15: Just the food events, I will say, are a ton of work put together and then doing it back to back, so it really takes up a lot of a lot of the summer. But I potentially am interested in maybe adding one, you know, next year. We'll see how things go. But yeah, there's a lot of great food categories. Yes, we have here in Detroit that would easily be highlighted that.
Speaker 1: Will blow up. Yeah, because like Gordo said, it is the best state in the country.
Speaker 4: For to even have that type of people from you already do but like, yeah, i'd be pretty sick.
Speaker 11: And they all have again their own spin on it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, exact same thing recipe, absolutely, that type of stuff or places I like to go, Like, I don't want to go it's like a big conglomerate type of restaurant. I want to go to somewhere. I'm tasting the Gramma's talking.
Speaker 1: Yes, you know, so I know came from the heart, Yeah, you know old recipes.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Like this has been around for a long time for a reason, you know, not just it saves us the most money or you know whatever maximize the profits.
Speaker 1: It's like real food, genuine food experience.
Speaker 3: How much, like you said, the Burger Fest this is the ten year anniversary, the Taco Showdown, this is the eight year anniversary. How much have you seen like the city of Detroit kind of evolved. Obviously, it's been a renaissance. There's a lot more going on in there. They're doing a lot of different constructions to kind of spruce up the city. But since you've been doing this, how much have you seen it grow?
Speaker 6: Oh?
Speaker 15: Absolutely, I mean there's been a lot more restaurants that have reached out from you know, from year one, and a lot more i'd say hyper local, you know places. The first couple of years, we did get a few places that were a little further out into the suburbs because there wasn't as many you know, hyper local like we do now.
Speaker 11: So now it's like we get you know.
Speaker 15: Much more variety, and we get a lot more requests than we've ever gotten before. And that's a testament to how the city has grown, for sure, and how many more opportunities have been out there for people to open new places.
Speaker 3: That's like I remember because my friend lives downtown and like walking back from Lions games and stuff or or a night out and it's like two in the morning and we've got open like bodegas. Yeah, come on, come on up, Jeff, we had like open bodegas in the middle of the chart. Wow, it's like an actual city.
Speaker 6: Now, right right, yes, so shut up?
Speaker 1: Do we have this one?
Speaker 3: Work?
Speaker 1: Is this?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 9: It's I is it? Alright?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Should have a last test test?
Speaker 6: Yeah, test sounds.
Speaker 1: Good, alright. Chef always for him.
Speaker 3: So we have Chef Frankie here, uh giving us some of his tacos. He's been working 'em in the back the this is your first year doing the uh the taco fast on chef.
Speaker 5: Yes, sorry, yes, sir, yes, sir, that in my first year.
Speaker 6: Uh.
Speaker 8: We just started a couple of years ago. Uh, just doing pop up shops. Uh, little catering here and it.
Speaker 11: Just took off Franky's Kitchen.
Speaker 2: You can follow me on.
Speaker 8: Instagram, TikTok and Facebook and Frankey's Kitchen. Uh underscore Frankie's.
Speaker 4: I yes, okay, now it's taco's the main thing at Frankie's or yeah.
Speaker 5: Yeah, so we do.
Speaker 8: We do do various things, but right now we're uh we're chasing the top of run.
Speaker 5: We're chasing so uh that's what we're.
Speaker 8: Doing right now, uh til we uh.
Speaker 5: Are able to get a cool truck trail.
Speaker 6: And that's how we're gonna appreciate you.
Speaker 1: Gordon. I no, no, you're good. Yeah good.
Speaker 5: I had to split it up. Uh.
Speaker 8: But usually we have chicken wagoo, beef, black bean, impossible, shrimp and some occasionally were here and there.
Speaker 9: Hey can you switch 'em to the blue mic just to use the blue mic? I yeah, they green mic is work.
Speaker 8: So uh, just going over some of the tacos. I'm'a feed some of these guys here so they can have it fresh. Uh, some of our toppings here for our shrimp. We have a mango saucer that we use and something that's a little different from a lot of uh traditional tacos that are made. We put tip pickles on top of We top our our wagle beef and our chicken tacos with pickles.
Speaker 3: Oh I love that. I am a big pickle gu Uh. I am a big pickle guy. So you speak my language.
Speaker 8: Her shut okay, okay, okay. So I'm I'm a symbol of some of these tacos right here. I'm'a load 'em up the Frankie way. That's how we do it. That's how we call it that Frankie's Kitchen. Frank Away. I wish my team was here, but we're here. So I'm gonna loaf these up and then We're gonna divvy them up and we're we're gonna shout down.
Speaker 3: I can't wait.
Speaker 6: All I love that holder Yeah sweet, for sure, for sure?
Speaker 1: No allergies. Good to go, no, good to go.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 1: That's again.
Speaker 3: This is why I'm excited for this one is the variation and the variety that that each different taco UH stand is gonna bring.
Speaker 1: Again.
Speaker 3: Shout out to Frankie's Kitchen. Make sure you guys go check them out on all social media. This is gonna be his first year participating in the Taco Showdown, so first year to make make a name for himself. And the pickles on top, Like, who else putting pickles on a taco other than chef Frankie.
Speaker 1: I've never heard it before, that signature.
Speaker 3: So, which one of these is your favorite?
Speaker 1: The wagon?
Speaker 3: Yeah, definitely, Yeah, you cannot go wrong with wago.
Speaker 1: What are the pickles on to come from? Like the origin of that?
Speaker 5: Like burgers?
Speaker 3: Like burgers okay, okay, yeah, like green exam oh, green eggs and ham is my ships. That's my favorite doctor Sis book could.
Speaker 1: Have read it homemade.
Speaker 3: Soul sauce, sauce Soul sauce on the soul.
Speaker 1: Taco tacos. I'm here for it.
Speaker 3: I I love tacos. I literally it's like tacos and sushi are my two, my two top foods.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's so it's funny.
Speaker 4: I told you earlier I don't like like seafood, but tacos are the way I'll give it a try, you know for sure.
Speaker 1: And that's hop not out that I like shrimp shrimp tacos. I think actually was with.
Speaker 4: You, I was with you and Jeff Jake's Yeah, you were Jeff order the fish tacos.
Speaker 9: It was Jef Yeah, but.
Speaker 1: They were good.
Speaker 10: Yeah, you can't go wrong with the shrimp tacos. I mean it's taco tacos, taco bro.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, very yeah.
Speaker 6: They are very heavyweight tacos.
Speaker 1: Heavyweight tacos for sure.
Speaker 5: Absolutely.
Speaker 1: The shells like the shells do. Yeah, these shells are I mean you allowed to say, wait, wait your Sunday.
Speaker 11: Okay, So we use a double okay, so I have a blend.
Speaker 3: We have we have our.
Speaker 8: Own little We have our own little I have to say, our own little style with our tacos. They look on the different All the shells are field with cheese. So we use two different types of cheeses. I'm not gonna tell you what.
Speaker 9: Those cheeses are, but we do use two different types of.
Speaker 3: I love cheese and I love pickles. So this is just sounded like a money taco to me.
Speaker 11: We do top them with lime as well.
Speaker 8: Oh yeah, lime juice, And I'm gonna hit all of these.
Speaker 3: Got man, got to let's go. Man, how would you to get to the Taco Festus year you say you're.
Speaker 11: There, he can tell you. I've been trying to reach out.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 6: I think it was the first one to sign up in February.
Speaker 8: Oh yeah, yeah, So I'm just like we need our shots. Yeah, for sure, you're ready to compete.
Speaker 3: I mean what I'm looking at, you're definitely ready to compete. Oh I'm excited as though. So this is your first year in.
Speaker 1: Now you get the height from the headways coming into it too. That's the best way.
Speaker 11: That's perfect way going and then we'll know where we really are.
Speaker 1: We'll know where we are. We're staying with everybody.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, amazing.
Speaker 1: Another Scott the website one more.
Speaker 11: Time for the by tickets Tackle showdown dot com.
Speaker 15: You can get the GA tickets entry at one pm and then we have the VIP ticket. Skip the line, get right in, get early early access to the shafts and less lines to wait in at eleven am. That's the VIP ticket.
Speaker 3: The VIP ticket will get you in at eleven am. And trust me, you're gonna want to get the VIP ticket. There were a lot of people at the Burger Showdown. Those lines got long quick. As soon as the general admission door opened, people flooded in it. So so you're gonna want to get the VIP ticket, Trust me.
Speaker 1: It's worth it. I cannot wait down there again.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it was so much fun. And that's the thing Easy was talking about to the environment that it brings togetherybody, everybody's happy, everybody having a good time. You got people doing what they're passionate about. You've got people enjoying great food, a great environment. Okay, it was a beautiful day the last time. It's supposed to beautiful again this weekend. So it's it's part of the Detroit summer.
Speaker 1: It really is.
Speaker 15: And the cool part about it is the owners of the restaurants and the chefs or a lot of times are part owners as well. They're there at the events. So you don't always get to catch them when you're at the restaurant because they're obviously super busy.
Speaker 11: But the owners show up for.
Speaker 15: These events because it means a lot to them, So you get a chance to interact with them, talk to them about their story, hear about you know, how they got started, and that's uh, that's a that's really cool.
Speaker 11: It's really cool. It's a lot of fun.
Speaker 3: Absolutely, chef are ready to go.
Speaker 1: Wag Beef is in the middle, grabs his work.
Speaker 6: Share.
Speaker 1: I'm getting in there.
Speaker 3: Bro Oh my.
Speaker 11: Goodness, breaking breaking in a new desk.
Speaker 3: Breaking in the breaking in the new chair, breaking in the new pants.
Speaker 11: Oh my goodness, Joey, send me the cleaning bell.
Speaker 3: These are these are amazing.
Speaker 6: Chris, you want chicken for sure?
Speaker 1: All right.
Speaker 11: He didn't even hesitate, hesitate, knows what he.
Speaker 9: Wants, live reviews, no bias.
Speaker 11: It doesn't get more live than this.
Speaker 3: These are amazing tacos. I would yeah, please, thank you. That's awesome, phenomenal. The sauce is amazing, Thank you, Shelby. Just just oh goodness, so the flavors and the shell, like you said, with the two different types of cheese in there, as.
Speaker 1: I'm a big fan of that sauce.
Speaker 15: Sometimes the shell doesn't all together, but it seemed like it really held together throughout.
Speaker 11: The Yeah, first time it kind of falls apart a little bit.
Speaker 1: And thank you.
Speaker 11: So heavyweight's approved.
Speaker 3: Heavyweight, It's approved. Absolutely. I gotta try that. Yeah, I gotta try that. Wago, let me get in there. I gotta try this guy. Extra pickle on the plate too, I'm throwing that on top. I love pickles.
Speaker 1: I love pickles on Tago.
Speaker 3: This is the Wagu.
Speaker 1: Beef Wagon is so good. I'm still eating I haven't yet.
Speaker 15: So we sent Frankie home with the trophy. Now we gotta wait, we should We probably should wait.
Speaker 3: Till leader in the clubhouse for sure.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, that'll be a little bit biased coming in.
Speaker 3: But it's again, it's the freshness of of of the ingredients. You know, we saw him cook them up right here. The beef is fresh, all the veggies are fresh. The pickles on the top with the extra crunchture of the show.
Speaker 1: You got the o but still crunchy too, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: And the sauce, I just that's what the that's the type of amazing soul sauce.
Speaker 1: Soul soul sauce. My good shout out man, thank you Frankie. Yeah yeah, here we go.
Speaker 6: That's a little different now, alright, alright, that's ready. Yep.
Speaker 1: This room so juicy.
Speaker 3: I think my favorite. I think my favorite was the shrimp. Yeah, I'm a shrimp guy. I'm a big seafood guy.
Speaker 1: Ones more like a tropical taste I feel.
Speaker 11: Like with the mango. Yeah yeah.
Speaker 6: Oh.
Speaker 15: Now remember comes Sunday. This is only one one place, there's only one You gotta lot bit more to go.
Speaker 11: You gotta handle.
Speaker 3: That ready, ready to go? Yeah, hell yeah, I got stuff.
Speaker 15: And then you wash it down with five market give three times preservedly.
Speaker 1: That's what they do it. Yeah, they're giving it.
Speaker 11: Yeah, no, just want one.
Speaker 15: Yeah, but you can pick which when you want, you can go back and have you know, you can go back and have others of you.
Speaker 3: Yeah, because it's all this again and these events are all you can eat. So if if you want to get back in line to get another taco and you're still there, you can do that if you like. If you like Chef Frankie's taco so much you want to get in line grab another one of those WAGU tacos, you can. It's it's all up to you and Scott Frankie. Take you guys so much for coming up, having us any time that you need anything like this where we're always here to support you, guys. Excited to be there this weekend and best of love, Frankie. You're gonna it's gonna it's gonna be tough to to throw in Chef Frankie this Sunday, that's for sure.
Speaker 1: I'm coming in the super Bias sling the line.
Speaker 3: So make sure you guys, get definitely the one the chat and check that out to get your tickets for the Taco showdown this Sunday at Eastern Market, Shed number five. VIP tickets you get in an eleven general admission tickets. You gotta wait until one, So get those VIP tickets while you still can. All right, Chris, where are we going here? What do we uh? Should we just go to break and then we'll settle the yes that, we'll settle the reads in a second. We got we got tacos on the mind, Tacos everywhere. Shout out again to Freaking's Kitchen Andrew Scott for the taco showed out. It's gonna be awesome, tacos all over. We appreciate you guys.
Speaker 11: We'll be right back, thank you, thank you.
Speaker 12: How do people feel about getting a Planet Fitness membership for fifteen dollars a month? How do they like working out in the clean and spaces gym that's filled with equipment for every workout? And how about free fitness training in the judgment free zone that leaves them feeling energized all day long. Joint Planned Fitness Today with the free PF app online or in club and start getting that big fitness energy for fifteen dollars a month.
Speaker 2: Hunting season is almost to your detroits and you're lions are on the Make sure you're locked into Woodward Sports for all the Dan Campbell reactions, Jared Goff touchdowns, Common Roth first downs, Henny Pancakes, Kirmy Picks, Gimm's big plays, and of course Jack Fox his leg Stay locked in on all your lines coverage right here on Detroit's number one sports network, Sports.
Speaker 19: It's game on at artin Jakes, wings Burgers, pizza and ice cold drinks served up with attention to detail, wall to wall TV's great service and a vibe that keeps your crew coming back.
Speaker 6: Artin Jakes a sports bar setting with a fine dining flavor.
Speaker 2: For more Detroit Tigers coverage, make sure you subscribe to Woodward Tigers on YouTube.
Speaker 5: Old Tigers all the.
Speaker 2: Time for the hardcore Detroit sports fans who can't get enough for the Motor City's teams. All season long, you'll get non stop Tigers contents from on field interviews, postgame reactions, and roundtable insight from Woodward Sports.
Speaker 6: A ton of fun, a ton of sports.
Speaker 5: And a ton of man Welcome to.
Speaker 20: The Woodward Heavyweights live daily on Woodward Star, Jimi and Gibbs breakout season.
Speaker 3: Floating saw the five games to the ex off Touchdown.
Speaker 2: Woodward Sports the most dominant Detroit sports coverage around.
Speaker 3: Loom Cannabis go to Loom dot com to find a location near you. Use promo code WSN thirty to get thirty percent off your order. Make sure you grab some of their new buzzing energy seven and a half milligrams TC hunter milligrams caffeine in a can. Go check it out at a Loom dispensary near you. Loom dot Com.
Speaker 4: Artin Jakes, We were just there this week for the Detroit Tigers, and the Tigers happen to win.
Speaker 1: Are you a Tigers fan? Would you like the Tigers to continue to win? Did you have it?
Speaker 4: Art and Jake's all Right sports bar setting, Fine, Donny Flavor the drinks, All Edge.
Speaker 3: Rolling, Amnesia, the Amnesia Switch. You can find it at any dispensary near you. It's got two flavors of liquid THHC diamonds in one device. You got a button to switch between them or hit them both at the same time. Shout out to Riley Green for an RBI sack fly and then the get the amnesia switch and a dispensary near you.
Speaker 4: It's amnesia man. Tiger's updated going on.
Speaker 10: Yeah, Riley Green came up basis jam I can't remember his name on the Royals, made a pretty good catch and this one's going to damn it all right, two outs, one on, two on for the Tigers right now, Tiger's up one nothing bottom of the first. Yeah, those Isaac Collins that made a pretty impressive catch. But trek school right now is a man pozzast shout out. That first inning was leap, that was just what do you do?
Speaker 6: What you do?
Speaker 3: Could be potentially could be Schooble's last start in Detroit.
Speaker 10: Eleven pitches thrown in his first and they're wearing the Orange jerseys and they have the like the anniversary Old English or it's not Old English but just.
Speaker 9: Like the D different d. Yeah, it's sweet that combo with the Orange jerseys that.
Speaker 3: I, uh, mail bag, How fast can Sean switch up? If the Tigers get back to five hundred for real?
Speaker 9: Oh that one dropped?
Speaker 1: Uh?
Speaker 3: How you lee?
Speaker 9: One run single lined sharply in the center.
Speaker 3: Let's go, Let's go. How you lee, man, he's been he's been hitting the back, are you don oh man?
Speaker 1: Sorry? I got him clean up some mind.
Speaker 20: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Shout out again to our guy chef Frankie from Frankie's Kitchen. Make sure you go follow him on all social media's it's Frankie with an I E. Uh, it is Frankie's Kitchen with an I E. Frankie's I E. S Kitchen. Go follow him on all social media. Is because that taco was that the soul sauce is so good, taste so good.
Speaker 1: Make you want to slap yo mom and again, hey mom.
Speaker 3: Pickles on a taco?
Speaker 4: Man like, yeah, yeah that before, no complaints, Yeah, different type of.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's the beauty of a taco. You could do it anyway, you know. You could do the old fashioned way and then in the classic way, or you could put your spin on it and it's still gonna be good. And Frankie put his spin on it with soul sauce. Put that spin with the pickles.
Speaker 6: That man, that was incredible.
Speaker 1: All right, mail bag, get the questions. Oh damn, real quick, I.
Speaker 9: Think TF Sauce had a super chat in there about one piece for you spinning.
Speaker 3: Oh hell yeah, gotta read that one. Uh yeahf sauce with the super chat spinning. Do you read the scans for one piece or do you wait for the official on Sunday the scans drop to day in the next few chapters will be fire bro. I wait for the officials on Sunday, I do Chris Oh, I wait for the officials on Sunday for those to drop.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I don't know.
Speaker 3: I mean I could definitely, you know, read the scans, but I like supporting my goat oda uh no, But yeah, I mean this whole arc has been insane and I've seen I don't know if it was spoilers or like fan theories that I saw online, but I mean something crazy. He's gotta happen. That last chapter was nuts.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I can't believe they did the fucking thing.
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah, Loofy died check it out way to spoil Do you think Loofy died?
Speaker 1: He's gonna come back?
Speaker 3: Everyone knows mail Bag which coordinator do you have more confidence in Shep or Petsing.
Speaker 4: Petsing Petsing, Yeah, think with one stopping up there with a fucking bazooka. Yeah, gotta fucking AKA the weaponry is a little bit different on the offense side of the ball. But uh yeah, pets and I think Petsy cooked last year in Arizona.
Speaker 1: It did a little bit of nothing.
Speaker 3: He did so chef Patsy mail bag over on over under on wipes needed late tonight, I mean, no more than usual. It was like I said, it was all fresh ingredients. He saw you put it together.
Speaker 1: And that's something you know you're gonna be good.
Speaker 3: Yeah, for sure, Yeah, without a doubt.
Speaker 6: That's actually the actual frust. That felt real.
Speaker 1: Food and the craziest thing. It's kind of like the Odyssey because I actually actually filmed the things in real life. It made it better. Same with food.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, we're getting like real food.
Speaker 1: You know, you're getting like it's gonna be a better experience.
Speaker 3: They never you know, they say you never want fo Yeah, you never wanted to see how your food's made, unless it's some good food and you want to see how it's made exactly.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that was it was.
Speaker 3: It was like it's like a crescendo, Like as he came in here, he started eating up the meats and stuff. I started smelling good in here. He brought everything up here, started putting together. My mouth started watering and then the soul sauce on top and it's a wrap.
Speaker 1: So I want to smoke. But this is a good question.
Speaker 4: Kjo Bay has mail bag. Will Neil Definn Duran for wanting sixty million?
Speaker 1: You better not. Nobody can defend him for that.
Speaker 21: You will, he will, But I mean, yeah, the Durance stuff, I'm just I'm very biasing because I'm just pissed off at this point.
Speaker 6: It's frustrating.
Speaker 3: It is frustrating.
Speaker 1: What's what's contract situation? More frustrating trek Schools or.
Speaker 10: Jalen Durance Jalen Durance because it's like just pure idiocy. It feels like like Schooble. There's like appreciate.
Speaker 6: Sunday.
Speaker 3: Make sure you guys come out Sunday and check out Frank's kitchen. Fourth tent on the left. Tell them the heavyweight sent you.
Speaker 1: Shout out to chef Frank.
Speaker 6: Go ahead.
Speaker 10: But like with Jalen Durrance situation, it's like nobody's paying you more like what you're asking. I like it feels like like smoke another one.
Speaker 9: Duran.
Speaker 10: I don't know what the hell is going on in his head. But with Terrek Scooble. He's the best thrower of the baseball on planet Earth, so he deserves what he obviously what he's owed.
Speaker 9: So it doesn't make any sense.
Speaker 1: And that's a much easier problem to solve. Make him the highest paid.
Speaker 10: Yeah, and then Larkin, I feel similar to I don't know Larkin. It was like fifty on Stevie, fifty on Larkin. I just didn't like the situation in general. Now that there's no Stevie, that changes a little.
Speaker 1: Talking about that him screening and red wing stuff.
Speaker 3: Yeah, with the Hughes brothers. Yeah, it was a pr move to show he's not actually as fat as he looked in that picture.
Speaker 1: I'm not.
Speaker 3: I like, I said that in a mean way, but it's one hundred percent like he.
Speaker 1: I thought the photo was digitally altered.
Speaker 3: There was one, but the one where he's looking insanely fat was definitely digitally altered.
Speaker 1: But the video, yeah, ok, the video that posted he was.
Speaker 3: I mean, he's got the beer gut going for sure, and you know the bird arms and the bird chest, but he uh, I mean, I don't think anybody actually thinks he's like out of shape or anything.
Speaker 10: Like Scooble is so disgusting. Dude, you strike somebody else out. Yeah, it was a curveball. He literally like swung out of his shoes.
Speaker 9: Made him look like an idioto.
Speaker 6: I wanted to say that the I totally disagree with with the in being a more like headache or more of a nuisance than the schooble thing, because to me, the most frustrating thing on earth is when you have no cap space and you have clearly the best in the league, Like, just pay him, point blank, end it. There is no discussion. There is no variable with Duran. There's okay, there's some there's arguments of upside, there's this, there's that, there's a lot, there's a lot more variables. It is quite point blank period, very simple. You have no cap and you have the best picture in baseball, Go sign him. It will be unexcusable if he walks, like flat out, there will be if Jalen, If Jalen Durrant takes a qualifying offer and walks, We're not killing Trajan for it. No, We're saying that Trader did what he needed to do. Thank god he didn't overpay him and they crippled the franchise. Like, there is no overpaying in crippling the franchise. If in in baseball where there's no salary cap.
Speaker 3: That is kind of what I mean, they're gonna have a salary you think. So yeah, there they're uh, they're having negotiations. I think at the end of this season, like their contract is up and they're going to discuss like salary cap, and that's gonna be this bit. Yeah, it might be like there might be another lockout because I don't I don't even know how you can do that, like, oh, are all of the contracts already signed, you know, just grandfathered in. But that's what they did with chewing tobacco. I don't know if it's as easy with hundreds of billions of dollars.
Speaker 6: So you'd think there will be a salary cap on baseball.
Speaker 3: For sure, some kind. It's some way.
Speaker 6: After the Dodgers did their needs.
Speaker 3: Yeah, the Dodgers bought three championships in a row, and they will be the They will be the only team outside of the Yankees to three peet in Major League Baseball history.
Speaker 1: Unless the Detroit Tigers could stop.
Speaker 3: Unless I believe Tigers are a team of destiny. James Outman, do you believe well, that'll do it for us. Today we got a couple of averages that we got to close out with, but we appreciate you guys for tapping in. Make sure you smash that light button and share the stream for Gordo for Chris, for Easy, for Chef Frankie, for Scott, for Doc mclaroon, I am Spencer Easy, tell us about gold Crown.
Speaker 1: I'll tell you about Gold Crown.
Speaker 3: Listen.
Speaker 4: The best thing to do before you get free Dacos is in doles a little bit, and I did so myself before the show. Has to do every day with the Royal justters one and a half grams quad and fuse smoke like Worldty, only with gold Crown and massage share a house. I'm gonna be Max and relax and watching the Tigers head into the playoffs. I'm a massage chair that I got from my guy, doctor Eric Duncan you heard the doctor and there He is a former chiropractor, all right. He knows what helps your back. That's why he's selling these massage shares. It has the number of massage review channel on the internet. If guys can't make it at of location, go see my line massage sharehouse dot com,