Speaker 1: And this episode of.
Speaker 2: What's Up. Guys, Welcome to Dinner with the Healers. My name is Eric, and with me as always are my lovely wife Amanda Hi, guys, my beautiful daughter Stella Hi, and my super handsome son Henry.
Speaker 1: Hello.
Speaker 2: If this is your first time listening to us, we are an episode by episode Blue Podcast where we watch an episode of Blue and then talk about it and the lessons we learned. Does that sound right to you, guys?
Speaker 3: It sure does.
Speaker 2: In this episode, we are rewatching season one, episode eight, fruit Bat and talking about how we feel about it now three years later after we watched it the first time, and it is going to be super fun.
Speaker 3: Yes, it will.
Speaker 2: Before we do that, let's jump into the business. Be sure to check out our show description. You'll find a link to our website.
Speaker 1: Thebluey Podcast dot com, our email address blue Podcast at gmail dot.
Speaker 2: Com, links to our social media, a link to our tea public merch store, time stamp so you can jump right to the part of the episode you're looking for, and you'll also find a link so you can sign up to listen to the show ad free via Patreon for just one dollar a month and a huge, huge, Thank you to our subscribers. You guys are awesome.
Speaker 4: You guys sure are awesome. We appreciate you so so much.
Speaker 3: Thank you.
Speaker 2: Speaking of things that are awesome, we just got done rewatching fruit bat. No, not not fruit bats.
Speaker 5: They didn't sleep at night.
Speaker 2: They good knowledge kid, you mean.
Speaker 5: Fruit bats don't need to go to bed now?
Speaker 2: No, but you do? Stella, could you tell us what was going on? At the beginning of this episode.
Speaker 1: Louis, Bingo, Bandit, and Chili were in their living room playing a game and Louie ended up losing the game, and she complained that it wasn't fair and that she wanted to play again, but Chili told her that she needs to go to bed, so she started running away, and she ran outside and Bingo followed her, and they stood out there and watched the fruit bats fly.
Speaker 2: What game were they playing? Pop up croc And how did that work?
Speaker 1: You had to stick these little crocodile shaped I don't know what to call it, but these little crocodile shaped things into these slots, and you couldn't put it into wrong slot or else do They in the middle would pop up and you'd lose.
Speaker 2: It looked like a pretty fun thing though, to me, What about you, Amanda, what'd you think? Yeah?
Speaker 3: I thought it looked pretty fun.
Speaker 2: We need to find out if that's a real game and then get it so we can play it.
Speaker 3: That would be fun.
Speaker 2: When they go outside, Bandit tells them to say goodnight to the animals, Amanda, what were some of the animals that they were saying goodnight to?
Speaker 4: They were saying goodnight to the kangaroos, the bilbies. Oh my goodness, I'm forgetting the rest. They started to say good night to the fruit bats. But they don't go to bed at night.
Speaker 2: That's true, Henry. Do you remember what the other animal was.
Speaker 1: I think it was frogs.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that was the other one.
Speaker 2: I think that's right. Yeah, that feels right. When Blue found out that fruit bats don't have to go to bed because they're nocturnal, she said she wanted to be one, but Bandit told her there was something that fruit bats didn't get to do, Henry, what was it?
Speaker 1: They didn't get to play? Rocket Ship. Rocket Ship is a game to where Bandit is the rocket ship and they have to sit on his hands, and they make sure that they have their helmets on their seat belting and then they blast off and they land somewhere in the house.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he went tearing up the stairs with him, which is pretty commendable all things considered. Having a kid in each hand and running up a big flight of stairs like that. All I can think of is how much my niece would hurt. Right once they're up there, it's time for a different activity and Henry, what is it shower time?
Speaker 1: But Bluie claims that she doesn't need to take a shower.
Speaker 2: Here you do you grab Bandit is really doing the classic dad moves and the because Bluey's talking again about wanting to be a fruit bat so that she doesn't have to take a shower and she doesn't have to go to bed. But he tells her that there's something else that fruit bats don't get to do. Stella, what is it?
Speaker 1: Play Penguin, which is where Bluey gets water and poorsia on the bathroom floor and slides through it.
Speaker 2: That looked pretty fun, but I feel like the potential for mess is pretty high, like astronomically high.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I feel like it would be a big mess.
Speaker 2: We don't have that kind of room in our bathroom. I don't think to get a good run going.
Speaker 3: No, we do not, so nobody get any ideas.
Speaker 2: Amanda, when Chili came in, were you surprised at her reaction to Penguin game?
Speaker 3: Yes? I think I was.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 4: Sometimes they're pretty easy going about stuff, where like if I walked in on that, I would probably be flipping out at the mess. But yeah, she walked in and was like, oh, okay, you're playing Penguin and was just fine with it.
Speaker 2: I have to ask you two kids a question. If mom walked in and you had sprayed water all over the floor and were sliding in it, what would her reaction.
Speaker 1: Be Like, she'd be really mad and she told me to clean it up. Probably, yeah, that's probably what would happen.
Speaker 2: I think you're probably right.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I would not handle it as cool as Chili did.
Speaker 2: Bingo is on the potty doing some business and she explains to bandit what her whole thought process is.
Speaker 6: Even though I don't need to do a wee, I'm going to do one anyway otherwise I'm not let to day.
Speaker 2: That's very clever, Bingo.
Speaker 5: It's cool to tactically.
Speaker 2: There's a lot to be said for the tactical. We don't you agree Amanda.
Speaker 4: I absolutely agree. It's like one of the best things I think you can do before you go to bed.
Speaker 2: Yeah. While they're talking about pee, Bandit tells Bandit tells Blue something, Henry, I remember when we talked about this three years ago. You had a lot to say about this. What does he tell her?
Speaker 1: He tells her that whenever fruit bats go to the restroom, since they're hanging upside down, the pea gets all over them.
Speaker 2: That's pretty disgusting, don't you think?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 1: It is.
Speaker 2: What did Blue say about it?
Speaker 1: Blue say that she would like that.
Speaker 2: I bet you would, your little grub, I like that he calls the kids grubs. I think that that's really cute.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it is funny. But Dad, you shouldn't be get any ideas of starting to call me in Stella grubs.
Speaker 2: Okay, I won't let me erase these plans I'm writing down over here. Blue is still wishing that she was a fruit bat and Stella, we land on you again talking about this. Bandit is doing the classic redirection and he tells her that fruit bats don't get to do something she likes, and what is it?
Speaker 1: He said that fruit bats don't get to play stories, which is a game where he reads them a bedtime story and pretend's to fall asleep while reading.
Speaker 2: That looked pretty fun. The girls sure were having a good time. He's a masterful storyteller because he gets the tension built up by saying, oh big, Harry and then pretends like he falls asleep. Did Mom and I do those kind of things with you, Stella? Probably? I'm not sure, Amanda, do you remember doing things like that with the kids.
Speaker 4: I remember reading bedtime stories, but I don't know if I ever did the whole pretend to fall asleep right before a big moment is revealed.
Speaker 2: I can remember falling asleep trying to read bedtime story right well. Speaking of going to sleep, Bluie says she's not tired at all and it's not fair, and Chili tells her to just give it a try. It doesn't seem like it's going too good, and she wants to see if Bingo is still awake. Amanda, what do we see?
Speaker 4: We see a shot of Bingo laying in the bed on her back, and her tongue is hanging out and her back leg is kicked one odd direction and she is just out like a light.
Speaker 2: Yeah, she is the least awake person ever right there. I don't think I've been that asleep in years. She looked so relaxed.
Speaker 3: She really did.
Speaker 2: Blue can't fall asleep, and she gets up and heads downstairs, and Chili's doing something, Amanda, what was she working on?
Speaker 4: She was retaping her filled hockey stick and Bandit is laying on the floor.
Speaker 2: He starts having a dream and I love that. It's just how dogs dream where he's whimpering and kicking his legs in his hands. Henry, what does Chili tell bluie is going on?
Speaker 1: Chili tells Blue that he's dreaming about playing football with his friends because he doesn't get to play it that much anymore because he's so busy.
Speaker 2: And what is he busy doing.
Speaker 1: He's busy having work and then watching over the two kids.
Speaker 2: I think that really struck a chord with Blue. It seemed like that kind of surprised her, didn't it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, dude.
Speaker 2: She says, well, if he can dream about playing football, maybe I can dream about being a fruit bat, and she heads upstairs to give it a go. Stella, what happens?
Speaker 1: She keeps telling herself to dream about being a fruit bat, and when nothing's working and she can't get to sleep. She decides to go downstairs.
Speaker 2: What does she see when she gets down there?
Speaker 1: She sees Chili playing the game that they were playing earlier at the beginning of the episode. But it is ginormous, like it's taking up their whole living room.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and Chili is just casually putting these hugemongous crocodile pieces into this ship thing, and it does, it takes up the whole thing. And I noticed something about Chili's voice. It sounded all echoey stella. What do you think all that meant?
Speaker 1: It meant that Bluie was asleep and that she was dreaming.
Speaker 2: Yeah, exactly. I thought that was a really cute way to symbolize it. She's asleep and she's looking for Bandit and she can't find him, Amanda, what does she do?
Speaker 4: She's calling for Bandits, So she goes out to the porch to see she can find him, and then she takes off, flying through the air like a fruit bat.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and she hasn't realized she's dreaming yet at this point. I don't think. She just takes it pretty much in stride. What's the first thing she does as a fruit bat, she starts eating fruit. Yeah, she's hanging upside down in a tree with the other fruit bats, enjoying a nice piece of fruit that actually looked pretty good.
Speaker 3: It did, I don't know what it was the first piece.
Speaker 2: While she was up there in her dream, she saw Banda in his dream. What was going on with him, Amanda?
Speaker 3: He is playing football with all his buddies.
Speaker 2: It sure looked like they were having fun.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and it looked like it and it sounded like it.
Speaker 5: Yeah, ye, Bloe, did you see my try?
Speaker 7: How good?
Speaker 1: Wasn't so good?
Speaker 7: There's plenty more where that came from.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't, Henry. Do you think Bluie was happy to see her dad playing with his friends? Yeah?
Speaker 1: I think Blue is happy.
Speaker 2: I think finding out that the reason he hadn't been playing was because he had been so busy taking care of every one made her really want him to be able to go have some fun.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I agree, Henry.
Speaker 2: What does Bluie do next?
Speaker 1: She flew off, and then she woke up, and she must have slept past where she usually wakes up, because everybody was surprised to see her awake at seven instead of way before.
Speaker 2: I wonder how early she gets up.
Speaker 4: I don't know, probably like five that most of the time, kids do get up quicker or earlier than their parents.
Speaker 2: When I was a kid, and cartoons were really only on on Saturday mornings, that's right. I know this sounds like crazy talk to you guys, but there weren't channels that were just cartoons twenty four hours a day. You had to get up and be ready in the morning on Saturday. And I would get up way before they even started broadcasting. That was before channels broadcast twenty four hours a day. He'd get up and they'd have the test pattern going and wait for those cartoons to come on with a bull of cocoa puffs or something like that.
Speaker 4: I couldn't wait, right, And if you had to go to the bathroom or get another drink or something, you did it quickly.
Speaker 3: During commercials. You couldn't pause it.
Speaker 2: No, you couldn't.
Speaker 3: You're going to miss your cartoon exactly. You had to go go.
Speaker 4: Go.
Speaker 2: Bandit picks up Blue and he's bench pressing her like an exercise, and while he's doing that, Blue is telling them about the dream that she had and how exciting it was, and it made her think of something five, six, Yes, my seven.
Speaker 1: Thanks, ten, You're welcome.
Speaker 2: Chili is asking Blue if she wants some breakfast. Stella, what does she ask her about?
Speaker 1: Chili asks her if she wants her favorite fruit salad, and Louie says you no, she just wants to toast.
Speaker 2: No more fruit for her. Why do you think that that.
Speaker 1: Is because in her dream where she was a fruit bat, she ate a lot of fruit.
Speaker 2: You know what? I bet I could dream about eating tacos or pizza and still be totally keen to have some tacos and pizza me too. Where are you guys at with that?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 1: I think I could. I don't know, honestly.
Speaker 2: And that was the episode, Henry. Did we forget anything?
Speaker 1: Nope, I don't think so.
Speaker 2: Well, you know what it's time for.
Speaker 3: Did we learn anything today?
Speaker 2: Can anyone tell us what did you learn today?
Speaker 1: Honestly, I don't think I learned anything. I think this episode was just meant to be fun.
Speaker 2: Okay, I can see where you get that.
Speaker 4: I agree with Stella. I think this was supposed to be just like a fun episode. I didn't learn anything from it, but it wasn't just fun. It was also creative, always dream of being a fruit bat and flying around and hanging in the trees eating all the fruit, and seeing her mom and dad doing different things. It was very cute and creative, I thought.
Speaker 1: And I also agree with Stull on this one too.
Speaker 2: It was really cute and really fun. And it doesn't seem like there's a major underlying lesson here. There are a couple of things that I think maybe you could take away from it, like Bluie realizing that her parents forego some of the things that they love to do in order to take care of them and each other and the house and all that. I think that was an eye opener for blue and I think it's an eye opener for kids a lot of times when they realize that their parents have given up certain things in order to help take care of them, and the parents are happy to do it, but the kids maybe don't realize that's a thing that's true.
Speaker 3: I don't think I realized it a whole lot growing up either.
Speaker 2: It's funny. I can look back now and plainly see it, but when I was younger and in the moment, it didn't occur to me.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And this isn't a lesson necessarily but just a thing to think about for kids. When Bluie's laying there, I can't fall asleep. This is the worst. I'm never gonna fall asleep. I forget it. I'm just gonna get up. But she's actually asleep and dreaming that those things will come to you if you just relax and lean into it. She was convinced she wasn't gonna be able to fall asleep, only to find out she was asleep. Right. Does anyone have any parting thoughts about the episode?
Speaker 4: I did find it really cute with this episode. How bandit made everything a game, which he does in a lot of episodes, but he made it sound like, well, the fruit bats can't do this, so you're special because you get to do this. You get to play story Time and you get to play Penguin, And you know, he was making going to bed a lot more fun than what it normally is.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he was doing the redirect where, yeah, being a fruit bat seems great except this thing that you think is awesome that they don't get to do, which is pretty classic move. Good on him for that.
Speaker 1: I thought this episode was really good and I feel happy for being that he finally got to play football with his friends.
Speaker 2: Again, even though it was in a dream, but still it was cool to see him. I love him and his friends, especially Pat.
Speaker 1: I really liked this episode. I like what Mom said whenever she was talking about what the lesson was about how this episode was really fun and creative. I like being able to see how Louie's dreams kind of work and seeing how things changed when she's in her dream.
Speaker 2: This episode was definitely creative. I love the imagery. I love seeing the way that they let you know that Blue was dreaming when Chili had the ginormous game and all that, and then it makes you think about your own dreams and how little things seem so completely weird and out of place, and that helps you understand that you're dreaming, even though you might not pick up on it in the moment. An a plus episode for me. I like this and I love that theme that we hear repeated in the show, the music when like Blue's flying and stuff like that. I really like that melody.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I did too, well.
Speaker 2: Guys, we think Bluie is awesome. And speaking of things we think are awesome, Henry, what should we do next?
Speaker 1: The how outs?
Speaker 5: Okay, listen, everyone, has to clap and go whoa, Yeah, all right, that's awesome, got it right.
Speaker 2: We have some awesome fans, don't we, guys.
Speaker 3: We sure do. They are the best.
Speaker 2: We're so thankful for you, guys, with the comments and the emails and the five star reviews. We couldn't make this show happen without you guys listening. So thank you, thank you, thank you.
Speaker 4: Thank you.
Speaker 1: Guys.
Speaker 2: Let's take a look at Spotify. We heard from our buddy Alex. Alex has been with us almost since day one of the podcast and he's still chiming in on every episode and letting us know what he thinks about it, and it's always so good to hear from him. Thank you for being awesome, Alex.
Speaker 3: Thank you, Alex for always listening.
Speaker 2: We heard from Poe and Grant Caris Jennifer Tilly, who loves the podcast and has a birthday on the day this episode comes out.
Speaker 3: Oh awesome, well, Happy birthday, Tilly.
Speaker 1: Happy birthday, Tilly, Happy birthday.
Speaker 2: We heard from Twice Peyton, Pink, Yoshi, faz Lean, Jim who says her favorites are Amanda and Stella.
Speaker 3: Oh, thank you, Jimma, thank you.
Speaker 2: The girl's got to stick together. We heard from Laala Skippy Caleb, who also just had a birthday. Happy birthday, Caleb.
Speaker 4: We hope you had a great birthday, Caleb, Happy birthday, Happy birthday.
Speaker 2: We heard from my buddy Josh, who was telling us about the cricket episode and how not only did Rusty become a professional cricket player, but he got to represent Australia, which is like the pinnacle for a cricket player, which is pretty cool.
Speaker 3: Sounds like it.
Speaker 2: We heard from Julia, Lila, Harrison and Emily on Instagram. We got a voice message from Wilfred. He's from London. He is seven years old and he has a sister, all of who is five, and let's listen to what he had to say.
Speaker 5: Hi, Dinner with the Helos. My name was Wilfrid and I'm seven and I listened to your podcast and I've got a fact. In the episode fairy Tales, that band whispers to Bingo and Bluey if you say your name then you get snake bite or punched on the shoulder.
Speaker 1: Bye. Hi Wilfred, thank you so much for your voice message.
Speaker 3: Thanks for filling us in about that episode. Wilfred. It was great to hear from you.
Speaker 2: Yeah, thank you so much. Instagram lets you send a voice message directly from the app. It's pretty handy. We got some emails. We got a voice message from Grayton.
Speaker 7: Hi, this is greaton once again, and I really liked the idea that you had in the episode Weekend, which is wondering you to dude. The animation is actually a little bit different than most of the other episodes with the ears and their eyes, because it was originally a prototype episode.
Speaker 1: Keep up the good work. Bye.
Speaker 4: Hi Grayton, thank you so much for sending us a voice message, and thank you so much for letting us know about that episode and that it was actually different. I didn't really notice those little details. I'm gonna have to go back and check it out.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Same. I usually pick up on stuff like that, but I didn't notice. Henry, You've got a keen eye for that kind of thing. Did you notice anything.
Speaker 1: I didn't really notice anything.
Speaker 2: Well, we're gonna have to take a look when we get done here.
Speaker 3: Yeah, definitely.
Speaker 2: We also got a voice message from Scarlet.
Speaker 6: I didn't know what the healer is. My name is Scarlet. I am ten years old and I live in California. I have a SERI I made about Blue for you. In the episode wagon Ride, we see a Dalmatian mom walking a little boy or girl in a stroller walking by Bandit and the girls. My theory is that that is Chloe's mom and Chloe has a sibling, and you can see in the episode Spy Game that my theory is confirmed when both parents from all the kids take them to the park for a barbecue. Chloe's address in Featherwand is twenty six Nudgy Road, and in Octopus her house number has changed to one oh one, And so that means that somewhere in between Featherwand and Octopus that Chloe moved. But I think there's more to this move a little kid.
Speaker 2: Thanks Scarlett, thank you so much for your voice message. There was a little more to it than what you guys got to hear. But it was a lot of information about this idea about Chloe's family. And the one thing I want to say out of all of it is in the episode Octopus, her house number being one oh one is a reference to one hundred and one Dalmatians. I don't think that meant anything else but that their Dalmatians. It's one hundred and one Dalmatians. I think that makes really the gest of it. Yeah, but but yeah, well, thank you so much. You put a lot of thought into that.
Speaker 3: She sure did. You did a lot of work on that. Great job.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was like Ben wall Blanc right up in there.
Speaker 3: Very good stuff.
Speaker 2: Guys. Thank you so much for all the support. If you would like to send us a voice message, just ask a parent to help you record yourself on a phone, tablet or computer and email it to us Stella. Where can they email that.
Speaker 1: At gmail dot com.
Speaker 2: That's right. Thank you all so much for your support, Thank you for reaching out to us, and thank you, thank you, thank you for listening to our podcast.
Speaker 3: Yeah, thank you guys so much for listening.
Speaker 2: Well, guys, until next time, we are out of here.
Speaker 3: Bye guys, Bye bye.