Speaker 1: You're listening to Bill Handle on demand from kf I am six forty and now Handle on the news. Ladies and gentlemen, here's Bill Handle.
Speaker 2: Good morning everybody. It is Friday. Yep.
Speaker 3: Thank If you're a religious thank God it's Friday. If you're not, thank whoever it is that gives us Friday. Yeah, thank Gregory because we follow the Gregorian calendar. Who the hell knows? All right, good morning to everybody. I think everybody is here. Amy is here, Kno is.
Speaker 2: Back, con O, welcome back. Hey, thanks, Yeah, no, it's okay. We almost missed you.
Speaker 4: It was good.
Speaker 2: Elmer was here.
Speaker 3: Well, yeah, we'll get into it. You know, I actually do I actually say this. Yes, it's gonna swell your head, but this is a true statement.
Speaker 4: You are the.
Speaker 5: Come on that, but you got it, the best person that has ever filled that slot in the history of this show.
Speaker 2: And I do mean that. Thank you. Thirty one years.
Speaker 3: Thirty one years.
Speaker 2: And I am not blowing smoke here either.
Speaker 3: So anyway, okay, Amy, you are a different story.
Speaker 2: Good morning.
Speaker 6: I love you too.
Speaker 3: I know you do.
Speaker 4: I know you do.
Speaker 2: Good morning. And Neil, Hey a Disney shirt?
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah, Mickey, that's the original steamboat Willie Mickey shirt right.
Speaker 4: Uh, no, not quite.
Speaker 7: This is probably Mickey from the seventies.
Speaker 3: Oh, come on, that was Mickey from the seventies very twenty steamboat Willie Ish.
Speaker 7: No, he's a little more gangly, all right, fair enough, held by the tail, no tail.
Speaker 3: The people don't know this, but yesterday Neil does this on a regular basis. He bailed out at eight o'clock so he can go to Disneyland.
Speaker 4: Which my wife and I had a day date.
Speaker 3: I understand you do that a lot because you have to make those tickets worthwhile those six thousand dollars tickets per person for a year worth the money that you pay.
Speaker 7: I will tell you I would pay the entrance fee to walk down Main Street, go to the Little Red Wagon and eat a corn dog.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so therefore every carn dog is one hundred and seventy five dollars.
Speaker 7: Well, they have one now with a blueberry compote on top.
Speaker 3: Come on, oh you can't, come on, how do you do a corn dog with a blueberry con that's like my blueberry bagel?
Speaker 2: Stop egg?
Speaker 4: No, think of like uh, you know, chicken and waffles man.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but that's now. Now you have the.
Speaker 4: Savory was Kno's nickname in prison.
Speaker 2: Actually, yes, very good. In any case, you have to have mustard. That's it.
Speaker 3: That's certainly my opinion. In any case, So off to Disneyland, he goes.
Speaker 2: You know what you do.
Speaker 3: It's like going to an all you can eat buffet. Uh, you have to eat so much to make it worthwhile.
Speaker 7: No, it's always just walking up there holding my lady's hand. Are you kidding me? Just walk the part with hand in hand.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's the best.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's eat. That's vomitous.
Speaker 3: Okay, And and good morning morning.
Speaker 2: Oh are you wearing a KFI something?
Speaker 4: Yes?
Speaker 3: Wow, oh yeah, I didn't you know what. I don't know where those are.
Speaker 4: It's my only thing I got, you know, I've got to ask for.
Speaker 3: They have the I Heart the Green I Heart hoodies, which are really neat.
Speaker 2: I'm trying to get hold of one.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you just go to the website and buy it. They'll give you a link to buy.
Speaker 2: Excuse me, excuse me, what the hell are you talking about? I don't know.
Speaker 4: You can buy whatever merch you want.
Speaker 3: Bill, Yeah, okay, that like this is going to happen in this lifetime. Okay, guys, let's do it. It is time for on a Friday for handle on the news, Amy King, Neil and Me lead story.
Speaker 2: Something's wrong that rest all right?
Speaker 3: We are going to spend some time talking about what happened at Reagan National Airport, that horrific mid air collision and the rescue and well they're still looking for bodies unfortunately, recovery and the blame is going to fly a couple of things that they're looking at that the staffing at the control tower was quote not normal than I did a collision, except maybe it was. It was one one air traffic controller doing the job for two. But it's not not because there was a shortage that night.
Speaker 2: Is because the traffic was relatively light.
Speaker 3: And it is not abnormal for the senior for they had the senior person there to say, you know, go home.
Speaker 2: Traffic is really light.
Speaker 3: At the same time, the control tower has been understaffed for years. It's supposed to have thirty people. It has nineteen that are working there.
Speaker 6: Now.
Speaker 3: We have to figure out whether or not it was the lack of the controller or lack of the number of controllers, or was it just straight out the fault of one of the pilots. At this point, it looks like from what we're hearing, it's probably the helicopter, and I'm just guessing we're going in that direction.
Speaker 2: In the meantime, Donald Trump yesterday.
Speaker 3: Oh God bless him. I mean, we're into a whole new world. It's become surreal.
Speaker 4: Uh.
Speaker 2: He and JD.
Speaker 3: Vance blamed the DEI programs and the woke programs that are going that are happening in government as that was the fault. That's why this crash happened.
Speaker 2: I mean, it is.
Speaker 3: Come on, guys, Amy, Amy's gonna report this morning on some news that just broke. It turns out that the Democrats kidnapped the Lindbergh baby.
Speaker 2: And we are not.
Speaker 6: Going to be that.
Speaker 7: You got You've got to be careful. You can say what you want about me. You but Amy's actually a real professional, so she don't professional what journalist?
Speaker 2: Oh okay, all right, got it?
Speaker 4: Handle. You know what's weird?
Speaker 7: I know nothing about aviation, you know, I like logic and stuff.
Speaker 4: And I watched the video.
Speaker 7: Did you see how long it seemed as the helicopter approached the plane?
Speaker 3: All you saw is the last From what I saw, I saw a longer version, did you Well, they didn't see.
Speaker 2: They didn't see each other. From what we understand.
Speaker 3: Yesterday we had our you know, KFI aviation expert with us explaining what was going on. And there is air collision devices, not so much on the helicopter. There was some doubt about that. Certainly on the airplane, but they don't work below seven hundred feet and this was at four hundred feet.
Speaker 4: Interesting.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's really it's fascinating.
Speaker 4: What's going on with the circumstances of crap.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they're gonna they're gonna obviously parse this and find out what happened. And one of the one of the notes is that the control tower asked the helicopter do you see this airplane? And the helicopter pilots said yes, but it could have been another plane that he was referring.
Speaker 4: To, So they asked that. Why wouldn't they just say.
Speaker 2: Well, I think they asked that on visual. I think do you see them?
Speaker 3: Hey move, we're going to Well the air traffic controller says you got to move. But who the hell knows at this point other than the Democrats did it. And it's the die program that is at full DEI, right, DIY.
Speaker 2: Do it yourself. I always get them all confused.
Speaker 6: So apparently flights every thirty to forty five seconds just isn't enough. The number of flights at Reagan National Airport, where that mid air collision happened on Wednesday night, it has been capped because it's so congested. They do say that there are flights literally every thirty five to forty five seconds, either taking off or landing, but lawmakers have been lobbying to get more flights in and out because it's super convenient for them. It's a lot closer to fly into Reagan National than to go in to Dulles International Airport.
Speaker 2: That's lovely seven twenty.
Speaker 3: We're going to get through go into that and expand on that issue.
Speaker 7: Seven So it's nothing new here in the Southland after rains to have a beach closure, but we've never heard them to be closed indefinitely. Recent rainfall and all the debris that came from the fire zones and prompted Los Angeles County Public Health officials to issue an advisory that closed several miles of the coastline from Malibu to Plia del Rey. But in addition to justice advisory, once that advisory is over. The beach will still be closed indefinitely. They're looking at carcinogenic chemicals, toxins, all kinds of stuff that not only goes into the water but also the sand.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's the big one, man, that's the big one, because what happens is the crop that goes in the water will dissipate at some point. That's not an issue because it's a big ocean and they mix it up. It's like a giant blender the sand. It becomes a superfund site, a big one, and up and down the coast they're going to have to deal with the chemicals, the toxicity that's gone into the sand that is not going to be washed away in the water.
Speaker 4: How could you even clean it?
Speaker 3: I mean, what would they They go down, Well, whenever you have a toxic you know, super fun they go down eight or ten feet, clean that up, take out the basically the top part of it, and bring in new soil that is not toxic from construction sites or whatever, and compact it down. And I think that's one of the things they do. Form my understanding, it's no small deal. And then they cart off the toxic soil and put it somewhere, hopefully your house and not mine.
Speaker 6: Oh right, Gabby Gabbards Gabby Tulci. Gabbard's nomination could be in danger. She was before a Senate committee yesterday. Of course, Trump is chapter her to be the Director of National Intelligence, and during confirmation hearings, she was pressed by Republican centers on whether Edward Snowden was a trader, and she acknowledged that he harmed US national security, but she refused to say that he was a trader.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and these are the Republicans that went nuts when Snowden did what he did. She called him a whistleblower. She gave him kudos. Also, keep in mind she's had a couple of fun dinners with Bashar Asad that they're probably going to get into and she won't do it.
Speaker 2: She won't do it.
Speaker 3: And when she was asked questions like did Trump lose or win the election, she said that she doesn't want to talk about the past.
Speaker 2: She's focused on the future.
Speaker 3: Boy, you talk about deflection and how we can prevent something like this, which was a good thing in her mind, the release of all of those secrets. Somehow it's positive, but she doesn't want it to happen again.
Speaker 2: I mean, it's how could it be?
Speaker 4: How could have harmed the US and be positive?
Speaker 3: Yes, it's a good point, and she admitted that it harmed the US, but he still was a hero in doing that because he was a whistleblower. And she didn't retract from that. She said, is he She was asked, is he a trader? Why don't you admit he was a trader and released information that truly puts security at risk, names of US foreign operatives, to put them at risk, She wouldn't.
Speaker 2: Do it, and that may cost her the young the nomination.
Speaker 3: I mean, just because this is yeah, we're talking US security here, you know, it's national security.
Speaker 2: And the guy basically was a mole.
Speaker 3: He was a swy for the Russians when he let go of this stuff. Well, although I said, real quickly, although the Pentagon papers were released, same thing about the war in Vietnam, and everybody was a hero in that one.
Speaker 2: Okay, Well yeah, who decides, Yeah, well history decides.
Speaker 4: Yeah, But it also fades a little bit at that point.
Speaker 7: And you know, I know you're thinking that everyone is in lockstep, but we're starting to see the cracks.
Speaker 4: Cash battel.
Speaker 7: President Donald Trump's nominee for a ten year term as Director of the FBI, distanced himself, surprisingly from Trump's sweeping pardon of January sixth rioters, telling the Senate Judiciary Committee he didn't think violent Rio rioters who assaulted law enforcement should deserve a break. He went on to say, I've always rejected any violence against law enforcement and have included in that group specifically addressed any violence against law enforcement on January sixth.
Speaker 2: So here is the question.
Speaker 3: Usually everybody that Trump nominates or has anything to do with is in lockstep with him.
Speaker 2: And here is Patel, who has some issues too, by the way, and what the hearings, He says some crazy.
Speaker 3: Stuff, and here he is directly contradicting what the president has done. Now a nominee directly contradicting what the President's done, and the loyalty, the fealty that Trump demands. I ask you, one of two things are going to happen. Trump is either going to say he disagrees with me, and I'm okay with that because I want my cabinet to disagree.
Speaker 2: With me when they do, which I don't think is going to happen. Or he's going to be arrested. Which way you think it's going to go?
Speaker 7: I don't know, because he was pretty he said, I do not agree with the commutation.
Speaker 2: I understand he wouldn't.
Speaker 3: Expect it against the cop. It was the cops issue. Is what's really royaling. All the Republicans firm on that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean, good for him, he's the one. Uh, that's what it is. Even jd.
Speaker 3: Vance said that violent rioters should not be pardoned, and Trump did it. By the way, that was his first directive. His first order was pardoning January sixth the insurrectionists and took everybody for a loop because he had said it's going to be on a case by case basis, and it wasn't. It was a massive pardon with seven seven commutations and that's it. Commutations means you're still a felon. The conviction still stands. But if you're going to jail like that. What was that guy's who got twenty years of one of the the guy who planned it and brought weapons.
Speaker 2: Stuart. My memory goes on this one.
Speaker 4: Oh, was he the oath Keeper's guy? He founded the oath Keeper?
Speaker 3: Yeah, and it was it was seditious conspiracy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, what he was, and that is a big one.
Speaker 3: He got twenty years for that, so he was commuted and he appeared behind Trump at a rally. You know, the people who are behind Trump are all the supporters. I mean, just it's crazy, Okay.
Speaker 6: Wasn't fireyed fabulous? The concert last Night happened at the key Of Forum and the Into It Dome, dozens of artists all to raise money for the wildfire victims in Pacific Palisades and the Altadena Pasadena area. Kicked off with Green Day. They sang Last Night on Earth and had a surprise appearance with Billie Eilish, who then came back later and performed and then their anthem Still Breathing. I thought the coolest part of it was when Billy Crystal came out to welcome everybody after Green Day played, and he was wearing the blue hoodie that he said he was wearing when he was evacuated from his home on January seventh, and that home burned down and he showed pictures of it. It was very moving. You could tell he was getting choked up and then still telling jokes. It was kind of a cool way to start the show.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Val came on Valentine came on yesterday and talked about it because hem seated along with Systney and he is on my FM the same time we are here, so I asked you to please don't.
Speaker 4: List your not your FM. It's all of our FM.
Speaker 2: Oh stop. It also about this.
Speaker 3: Did you notice how many covers these bands did? It was the covers of other songs that other people had had performed.
Speaker 2: I just found that interesting. I did well.
Speaker 4: That brings a sense of nostalgia and connection.
Speaker 3: And also the songs were more appropriate to what was going on and talking about, you know, the connection people have.
Speaker 4: It was good.
Speaker 2: I mean it was good.
Speaker 3: And they raised a cropload of money, as Valley yesterday said was going to happen.
Speaker 6: Well, they started off with Billy Crystal saying that who was it that donated a million dollars right off?
Speaker 2: Oh you two?
Speaker 6: You too donated a million bucks?
Speaker 2: Yeah, and it was matched.
Speaker 3: So we're going to see how many millions, tens of millions the amount of money that was raised.
Speaker 2: We should get that kind of information in the next day or two.
Speaker 7: All right, Senator Angela, is it also Brooke I don't know, democrat from Maryland? She questioned RFK Junior yesterday suggesting that black people should be on a different vaccine schedule than white people. Interesting, Kennedy said, we should not be giving black people the same vaccine schedule that's given to whites because their immune.
Speaker 4: System is better than ours.
Speaker 7: And this senator from Maryland, who is black, says, with all due respect, that is so dangerous. So this study apparently that he's quoting, this is the problem with getting your education from the internet. This study from a team at the Mayo Clinic looked at differences in immune responses to vaccination by race.
Speaker 2: And it's true according to this study, it's true.
Speaker 3: But although the researcher said, that doesn't mean we're going to change the amount of vaccine that we're going to put in there. You know, there's some as that doesn't support that, right, I mean, there's some logic to that. Now, the issue about vaccines in general, I mean, he just plain old said it was the fact that I said at vaccines are dangerous. They have him on tape saying that.
Speaker 2: On video.
Speaker 3: He goes, no, no, no, I was taken out of context, and no, I believe in vaccines and you said they cause autism. No, I really didn't mean that. It was surreal. It's one of those where you have these nominees saying I didn't say that, or I don't believe that, or was taken out of context, where they have them straight on doing that, and they got that with JF RFK Junior. By the way, is he going to be confirmed to corsiers?
Speaker 6: Of course, no good options here. At least six senior FBI leaders have been ordered to retire or resign or they're going to get fired on Monday. The senior officials at the executive assistant director level or special agent in charge. They include those who oversee cyber, national security, and criminal investigations.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he's going to fire everybody that had anything to do with the investigation against him, even though it was their job and their were career members of the FBI and the DOJ. And I think Trump's position is, if you are a member of the FBI or the DOJ, and it is your job to investigate, the only people that Trump believes in said nope, I refuse to investigate. And this is a deep state FBI short of that child, baby, you're gone. It is, you know, it's it's it's troubling to say the least, and I think I'm being generous about this.
Speaker 7: Okay, all right, The Santana Unified School District put together a tutorial, let's say, six minutes long or so, to prepare staff for the possibility of US ICE officers showing up on campus. So it's just kind of a step by step recording to show the staff how to handle, you know, dealing with law enforcement and immigration. As you know, fears are heightened right now with those in our community that are not here legally.
Speaker 3: And do we still have that video that we put up a couple of days ago that was produced by this and a school district to help.
Speaker 2: People how you can deal with ice coming in?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 2: Yeah, no, it's still is still there? Oh you took it down? Why come on? It was great.
Speaker 4: She likes messing with you.
Speaker 2: Wow. Did you make the decision to take it down?
Speaker 6: It was a story. It automatically comes down after a day.
Speaker 2: We should bring it back up if we can. It's that good, it really is.
Speaker 3: It is Santa Anna, the school district that created this video.
Speaker 2: That is just extraordinary.
Speaker 3: That's at Instant, that's at Bill Handles Show and this understories.
Speaker 2: All right, Okay, we're gonna try to bring it up.
Speaker 6: Okay, it's tariff time. President Trump said that twenty five percent tariffs on Canada and Mexico we'll go into effect Saturday. Well, he said, we may or may not do it, and we're going to figure that out anytime.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's tomorrow.
Speaker 6: Yeah. He said the decision will be based on whether the price of oil changed by the two trading partners is fair.
Speaker 2: That was a price of oil change.
Speaker 3: It's a world price, it's a world commodity.
Speaker 6: And initially he said that he was threatening tariffs to stop illegal immigration and also to stop the flow of drugs into the country.
Speaker 2: Now it's about oil.
Speaker 3: And if it's seventy eight dollars a barrel here, it's seventy eight dollars a barrel there, and it's seventy eight dollars a barrel around the world.
Speaker 2: So I'm kind of confused on this one.
Speaker 3: And we're not going to when An't we going to know? The arriffs kick into place eleven fifty five tonight. This is gonna be fun. Oh, here is actually some good news. It's making of drugs.
Speaker 7: US Food and Drug Administration signed off just yesterday on a new page pill and it's a new pain reliever. We haven't had a new pain reliever in more than two decades. This particular drug is a non opioid therapeutic and it's taken every twelve hours after a larger starter dose. It's about fifty milligram prescription pill and it will be under the brand name Joran of X Jordan Jornavis.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and then you'll see the commercial.
Speaker 3: There's two people in a bathtub holding hands and they're gonna talk about, you know, how great erections are.
Speaker 4: No, this is for pain.
Speaker 3: Okay, Oh got it? Will Okay, I can take that a long way over done. Let's let's move.
Speaker 6: On another round of releases set for this weekend. Hamas says it's going to release three more Israeli hostages. One of them is an American Israeli dual citizen and the father of the the youngest hostages taken from Israel. His name's Keith Siegel. He was taken from Kibbutz. His wife was also kidnapped, but she was released in November of twenty twenty three as part of that short lived ceasefire where they let a bunch of the hostages out.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's this is going to be a rough one, the ceasefire and the withdrawal from Gaza, because at some point you're going to see all of.
Speaker 2: The hostages exchange that's going to happen.
Speaker 3: At the end of that this Israel Quebec can start bombing Gaza. There the war cabinet that Nettagnan, who Netugnah who has is pushing for exactly that.
Speaker 2: It's there. We'll be talking about this no doubt as this thing continues.
Speaker 4: All right.
Speaker 7: To better serve Bill Handle, Costco is going to raise hourly pay for most US store workers to over thirty dollars an hour. This is for kind of the top tier. This is for the top of the scale for employees. Next three years, it'll be going up to pay rising one dollar to thirty dollars and twenty cents first year, an extra dollar each in the subsequent two years. According to this memo that went out. Good for them, they run a good store.
Speaker 3: They do the bottom the bottom scale gets an increase in twenty bucks, which is pretty close.
Speaker 2: To minimum wage. So it's the higher than this is hourly.
Speaker 3: It was a Costco yesterday and this is different than the people that give the samples that are there that are now screaming at you.
Speaker 2: It used to be they just didn't care.
Speaker 3: I guess in order to keep their job, they have to yell.
Speaker 2: Try it. It's on sale.
Speaker 3: Usually it's in some ethnic language that is impossible to understand. And yesterday I was almost When you get the chicken nuggets, they.
Speaker 2: Tackle you to get there. The people that are there a little you roteins, Oh yeah, they go crazy routine. Yeah.
Speaker 3: And when they give you, you know, the supplement drinks like no one gets.
Speaker 2: Anywhere near it.
Speaker 4: Somebody does.
Speaker 3: I'm telling you if you have an issue with the knowledge of costco, man, I've got a PhD in Costco and costco.
Speaker 4: Ism piled higher and deeper.
Speaker 2: Okay, I think we're done.
Speaker 4: Guys.
Speaker 7: Wait, Amy's got to read this. This is a great story.
Speaker 2: Okay, Amy.
Speaker 6: Is it trash or is it treasure? Well, in this case, it was treasure. There was a painting bought at a garage hill in Minnesota by a previously unknown artist. Okay, he's not unknown. It's van Go. It was made by van Go during his stay at a psychiatric hospital in the south of France in eighteen eighty nine. They analyzed it. They said Yep, it's a van Go.
Speaker 5: Wow.
Speaker 2: Yeah, ooh.
Speaker 3: You imagine at a garage sale where you paid five dollars occasionally you hear that and then a van go. If it's original van Go. This is north of one hundred million dollars. So you know, they asked what is it. The expert that verified it, he couldn't hear the question. Okay, that's a little stretch.
Speaker 2: I understand that.
Speaker 4: His favorite food was corn. That one I don't get ear of corn.
Speaker 3: That is more of a stretch. Mine was stretchy enough. Yours took it to a whole another level.
Speaker 4: You know. His last word on his deathbed was what, all right, we're done guys.
Speaker 2: Fair enough, but okay, I could go on, We could go on forever.
Speaker 4: Trump's favorite painter, Okay, he was shot in the ear.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, well one took his ear off.
Speaker 4: Did you ever see the painting that someone did?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Trump, he looks just like yeah, and he said the ear was it was for a woman that he did that. Yeah, okay, good for you. All right, KF I am six.
Speaker 2: You've been listening to the Bill Handle Show.
Speaker 3: Catch my show Monday through Friday, six am to nine am, and anytime on demand on the iHeartRadio app,