Speaker 1: Almost at the end of day number two of Trump administration number two in Washington, d C. Taking down the establishment, draining the swamp, whatever you want to call it, undoing the unthinkable that Joe Biden perpetrated on this nation four years ago. And Donald Trump has undone most of the damage that was done to us. God bless Donald Trump. And as we enter this next era, some may call it the Golden Age of America.
Speaker 2: Some may say America is back.
Speaker 1: Like the White House website said this morning, I love that no visage of Joe Biden available anywhere on the White House website, as it should be. All it said was America is back. And I felt that way yesterday watching the inauguration, all of the different ceremonies, the executive order signings. Favorite part of yesterday was Donald Trump sitting in the Oval Office after already an incredibly long day. Joe Biden would have called the lid at twelve o one as soon as he got sworn in. Donald Trump was busy all day and the impromptu press conference in the Oval Office as he signed executive order after executive order last night was just something that we haven't seen in a long time, and we would only see with Donald J. Trump. It is going to be an incredible ride. And I'm looking forward to the next few days and all of the confirmation hearings in the Senate of Trump's nominees for cabinet positions. Marco Rubio sworn in earlier today as Secretary of State, Elise Stephanic having her confirmation today before the Senate committees for a UN ambassador, and the list goes on. A Secretary of the Treasury is going to be an incredible accomplishment.
Speaker 2: It looks like that's going to get passed.
Speaker 1: Pete Hagseeth last week and Pam Bondi last week. It's only the tip of the iceberg, and the ice is being felt on the left as these Democrat senators stumble through non important questions and character issues when there's a job that needs to get done for the American people, and that is exactly what we elected Donald Trump to do, a job for us. On tonight's show, we'll have Stacy Washington, who was an incredible, smart, strong woman. They said Republicans and Conservatives weren't surrounding themselves with incredibly smart, strong women. She's so accomplished and she is just so good. I can't wait for Jim Rineci who ran for governor and ran for Senate in Ohio, and his thoughts on the inauguration and everything else that is to b with the reelection of Donald Trump, Michael Lentz from NVESTUSA, J T. Young, Richard Lyons, and we will have the fur Ball and the wild Man before we are done.
Speaker 2: Tonight at midnight.
Speaker 1: It is the nightcap after basketball and it begins in mere moments on seven hundred WLW seven.
Speaker 3: Hundred WLW News Traffic and Weather News Radio seven hundred WLW, Cincinnati.
Speaker 4: The DOJ reaching out to victims and witnesses with the nine point thirty report. I'm Sean Galviagher breaking now. Hundreds of people convicted for crimes related to the January sixth Capital riot released from jail in Washington tonight after President Trump granted them clemency on Monday. They're released, leading to a wave of phone calls to victims of that day in Washington.
Speaker 5: It is standard protocol for the Department of Justice to inform victims that the people that they may have testified again are being released from prison. And so those officers telling me they started receiving calls one rite after another, letting them know that the rioters who were convicted and sentenced for attacking them are now being released from prison.
Speaker 4: ABC new senior political correspond to Rachel Scott states today pushing back against Trump's executive order as he looks to end birthright citizenship, which is protected by the Fourteenth Amendment Lawsits have been filed against the President, arguing that the move's unconstitutional. Now the latest traffic in weather together and right now taking a look at the major interstates and highways. Not seeing any new accidents.
Speaker 3: Now the ladies forecast from the Train Heating and Cooling Weather Center on news radio seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 6: On our way to the daybreak of Wednesday, we'll see frigid and clear conditions. We've got a morning low of zero, wind chills though at ten to fifteen degrees below zero on our Wednesday at sun and clouds, a high of twenty three at night. We're clouding up and we're down to sixteen. Another chance for snow showers Thursday. Here from your severe weather station, I'm nine First Warning Chief Meteorologist Steve Rawleigh, News Radio seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 4: Radar showing a clear sky. It's currently two degrees, but with the wind chill, it feels more like six below at this time. The fridger cold temperatures Wednesday leading to delays and closings in the tri state. Cincinnati public schools among those that will be closed. A full list could be found by going to seven hundred WLW dot com. Duke Energy is reporting close to seventeen hundred customers without power tonight in the Greater Cincinnati area amid these cold temperatures, close to six hundred of those in Northbrook, with over eight hundred between pleasant Ridge and Kennedy Heights. The Ohio Attorney General's Office announcing an indictment against individuals suspected of breaking into homes in the Cincinnati area.
Speaker 7: A month after a burglary at the home of Cincinnati Bengals quarterback Joe Burrow. Four suspected gang members from Chile are under arrest.
Speaker 8: Someone is trying to break into the house right now.
Speaker 7: The Bengals were playing in Dallas at the time. The Ohio authority said that Chilean nationals were in the country illegally and behind a string of burglaries targeting multimillion dollar homes in the suspects vehicle. Police said they found an old LSU shirt and Bengals hat.
Speaker 4: ABC News is Aaron Katirski, Echiro Suzuki, Cci, Sabathia, and Billy Wagner have been elected by the Baseball Writers' Association of America to be part of the Baseball Hall of Fame Class of twenty twenty five. They all joined former Red zalnputer Dave Parker and the late To Gallen and Cooper's Town. Later this year, they were elected by the Classic Baseball Era Committee. College basketball UC falling to Texas Tech at Fifth Third Arena tonight eighty one to seventy one, as the Bear Cast will now look to bounce back as they head out west to base BYU Saturday night. That's a late ten o'clock tip here on the Big One. The Miami RedHawks defeating Bulling Green eighty four to seventy six in Oxford. Xavier Wolf is at twentieth ranks. Saint John's Wednesday night tip off for Madison Square Garden is at seven on News Radio seven hundred WLW. College football, Ohio State is expected finishing number one in the final Associated Press Pool. They defeated an Notre Dame in the National Championship Game Monday night is the Fighting Ivers finish at number two, Oregon, Texas and Penn State rounding out the top five. Our next update is at ten o'clock. I'm Sean Gaalbager. Who's radio seven hundred WLWL.
Speaker 9: Seven hundred WLW Cincinnati available everywhere with the iHeartRadio app now number one for podcasting seven hundred WLW and iHeartRadio Station.
Speaker 10: Insurance sold by Smart Bunny Insurance Services Act underwritten by various insurance coverage.
Speaker 2: It's seven hundred wl W.
Speaker 1: Time for a little sports for the out of sorts boy, he was out of sorts last night during that National Championship game. I'm talking about the one and only sports commando, Wildman Walker. I get this text at nine two last night. If this game it's so fixed, switching to me TV to watch the last nineteen minutes of Gomer Pile, Tell me, wild Man, what were the last nineteen minutes of Gomer Pile like? And we'll get to the game after that.
Speaker 11: It was the episode where Opie Taylor left home and went out to see Gomer and wanted to be a marine and he had to. Of course, I tried to you know, cover for Opie because he wasn't supposed to be there, and Sergeant Carter, you know, found out, and then he took him to a hotel room and then sorry comer couldn't leave him and brought him back. And then, uh, sergeant Carter took him the hotel room and then couldn't leave him and brought him back. And then as it turned out, uh, the colonel found out about it, but opiekus said that Sergeant Carter was a great sergeant and was in Gohmer's fault. And then Andy showed up, and uh, Andy and then went home.
Speaker 2: And everything ended happily ever after in Maybury.
Speaker 12: Yeah, no, it ended up happily ever after.
Speaker 11: That was the only episode that Andy was ever in, with the exception of the Pilot of the Pilot in black and White.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And when you're talking about Andy Griffith, don't get Mount Pilot confused with pilot because it's two different.
Speaker 12: Things, exactly exactly, I know.
Speaker 11: And as for historians with the Gomer Pile show, Aunt Bee was also in one episode, and so was Goober because Goober came out there one time unannounced and got gohmert all kinds of trouble because Gohmer kept trying to cover.
Speaker 12: For him, so they all.
Speaker 11: The only people didn't show up there out there was Otis and uh.
Speaker 1: Well, as as they say, hilarity baths, hilarity ensues. Let's get to the nuts and bolts of what transpired last night at the college football championship game Ohio State versus Notre Dame. It looked like a runaway in the first half, wild Man.
Speaker 11: Well, that's when I sent you that text. I was like, oh man, this this game, this game is over. But then I went back to the game and it ended up to being an exciting game. I mean the play of the game. Let's be real here, third and a third and eleven with about the two minutes left the clock, with three minutes counting down on the clock. Yeh and and Will Howard making them throws that pass? You know, the US try him because a perfect pass could have been any could have been any better. He doesn't catch that ball, who knows what could happen because they're gonna have to punt, and who.
Speaker 12: Knows what's gonna happen.
Speaker 11: Then were to go back to that and you miss that field goal too, that missed that miss field goal, but other Dame also so came back to kind of buite them.
Speaker 1: What I'm curious about is your text. It's so fixed. What do you think was fixed about it?
Speaker 2: Wild man?
Speaker 12: I was just yanking your chain about that. There wasn't fixed about that.
Speaker 11: I mean Ohio Statele Ohio State played a great.
Speaker 12: Game and they deserve it.
Speaker 11: I hope all the fans in Columbus will now get off Ryan Days back because all they ever worry about because they made his life miserable after losing to to to Michigan, Like that doesn't mean anything. They had a national championship, the first one since twenty fourteen. That guy will never Ryan Day will never ever have to pay for a drink or a dinner again in Columbus.
Speaker 1: Well hella look good for him, Good for him. What do you think about the NFL playoff games? There was there were some points over this past weekend as I was watching, I was just like, man, this game is not deserving of of this high a place in the playoffs because they of the the Commanders blow out of the Lions just astounded me.
Speaker 2: The injuries finally caught up to Detroit, didn't they?
Speaker 12: Yes they did, Yes, they did. I think a lot of people were expecting that.
Speaker 11: But Jalen Daniels, man, I mean, that guy's got ice in his veins. And I'll tell you what, don't the Eagles but are not sleep on him. I mean, I know they got Swan Barkley and then they got they got home deeal advantage. But the Commanders they might just they might just pull this whole thing off. Now, they might just.
Speaker 12: They might just do it. The Bengals get checked out.
Speaker 11: Remember this, The Bengals lost to the Eagles here and the Bengals also lost to the Commanders here. So here are two teams that are in the end for the understy title, but playing to go to the Super Bowl AF through.
Speaker 12: Your Kansas City chiefs.
Speaker 11: I know you're not going to admit it, but something that that Mahomes.
Speaker 12: Gets away with murder.
Speaker 11: That was the biggest flop, and you know that was one of the worst flops ever and that guy and he surely got flagged.
Speaker 1: Fid NFL and NFL expert who's who's been an official on the broadcast explain both of these so called controversial penalties called against the Texans and said they were actual penalties wild man, they weren't that guy's blind?
Speaker 12: That guy are you talking about.
Speaker 11: The one or the two guys collided and then they called a uh they called it hit on and you calling that one?
Speaker 1: Is that on one of the ones? He was, yeah, it was one of the ones. Sure, Well, if you go back Mahomes is on the ground, you can't he made contact with him on the ground. I mean, I know, they they barely make it. They got to change the rule. They gotta they gotta start.
Speaker 11: Looking at these penalties and maybe go back in real time and and check the check the replay on rich Eisen. There's a post on Facebook yesterday last night. I saw that he explained all this, and they need to do something about this because some of the I.
Speaker 12: Know it's I know it's tough for the officials to.
Speaker 11: Make these calls. But these two guys, I mean, when Mahomes ran out there, he's you know, he's not able to get hit. He's he's able to get hit. He said he was out of pocket. He's able to get hit. And he went down and those two guys they've grazed him.
Speaker 12: They grazed him.
Speaker 11: Them two guys hit their own helmets together. They grazed him and that was not That was not a penalty. That was not and that flopping crap that just got that's whatever.
Speaker 1: What about what about the horizontal horizontal touchdown pass into the ends? I mean, Mahomes is superman. He's completely level with the field and he's throwing the ball for a touchdown. And Travis Kelsey, I'm sorry, the Buffalo Bills are going to have their hands full in Kansas City next week.
Speaker 2: Wild man.
Speaker 12: He has picked up.
Speaker 11: This game here and the last month, and that, like you said, that horizontal pass.
Speaker 12: First thing I thought of was our boy. I'm Joe Burrow. It's the first thing I thought about.
Speaker 11: Yeah, I mean, I'm not going You know, the Chiefs. The Chiefs are going to are trying to make history. And the Chiefs know how to win. We've we've discussed that, uh and nausea here with you.
Speaker 12: They know how to win. The Bills.
Speaker 13: Uh.
Speaker 12: You saw the m VP of the league uh the.
Speaker 11: Other night, and that's Josh Allen hands down. Josh Allen hands down is the m v P. And of course Buffalo has to go to Kansas City. But Buffalo is gonna be uh. But Buffalo has got a very pretty good defense. They got a pretty good defense.
Speaker 1: Once again, my summation or my assessment of Lamar Jackson, who's been a two time NFL MVP, no question, and it may be again this year, who knows. But what I'm saying is I've always thought that he had He's probably the most physically talented quarterback in the league. But there's something missing up in the helmet area with him. Do you do you sense that?
Speaker 8: No?
Speaker 12: No, not at all.
Speaker 11: I mean they're taking he's taking a lot of grief, you know, because he really can't get him over the top. That pass that he threw to Andrews, you know, he really he really didn't put anything.
Speaker 12: He didn't really the guy was wide up.
Speaker 11: But I don't blame Andrews were dropped the ball because he hardly ever dumps the ball, but he didn't really put.
Speaker 12: Anything on it.
Speaker 11: He kind of like guided it out there, so that was kind of a mental error on his part. But no, I don't think don'd think upstairs. No, I don't think that's that's any issue at all.
Speaker 1: Well, I mean, compared to Patrick Mahomes or a Josh Allen, who was you know, taking care of his giveaway problem that he's had in the past. This season he's been more proficient with the football than in seasons past for the Buffalo Bills, and you know, Joe Burrow. Uh, it just it just seems like there's something that's not quite firing right up in his head.
Speaker 2: To me, I'm just watching because thank.
Speaker 12: You, doctor Jeff. Yeah, thank you, doctor Jeff.
Speaker 1: I stayed are a psychiatrist, I say, I stayed in a holiday and express last night.
Speaker 2: I don't know what you did.
Speaker 11: Yeah, right, Oh, but before we before we go, there was such a great day yesterday to be in an American What a great inauguration speech. Already the woke and the left and the media are crying every you know, are still crying and whining. Yes, I'll say it once, I'll say it again. America spoke, America spoke. They wanted Trump wanted Trump wanted fair and square to get you know, quit your whining and you know, and.
Speaker 12: Get on with it. If you don't like it, go leave. Then if you don't like it, you're gonna continue. Leave you can leave. You know, we're not going to stop you.
Speaker 1: I understand there's some planes going back to Venezuela and Nicaragua if you want to real soon.
Speaker 2: So yeah, maybe hit hits on board and go to those countries.
Speaker 11: Yeah, his speech was great. And again you know, America spoke. And what more you need to say. You can't. You can make all the excuses you want. America spoke. We want every damned state, the majority of.
Speaker 1: Them, and you have spoken. Now, thank you, wild Man. Yes we must. It's a great day. We must move alone.
Speaker 12: Hive state buck guys are national camps. Whatever. I still my Columbus.
Speaker 2: I know you got arrested for jaywalking. There. I'll talk to you later, wild Man.
Speaker 12: No, I got a ticket.
Speaker 2: I'll see you insureance.
Speaker 11: I would have got arrested if I wouldn't have painted in forty eight hours.
Speaker 2: Bye wild Man.
Speaker 3: Rocky Boyman year was something to think about.
Speaker 2: If you miss part of the Eddie and Rocky.
Speaker 4: Show, you could always listen to the podcast of the show on iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 2: And catch up on what you missed.
Speaker 14: But if you cut up a finger and flush it down the toilets, that finger's gone, So be careful around toilets and check out our podcast.
Speaker 10: The recent wildfires that ravaged Los Angeles now account for one of the largest disasters in the history of our country. Now iHeartRadio is bringing you at historic fundraising events.
Speaker 3: The fire Aid benefit concert live in Los Angeles. Donate today at fire Aid la dot org.
Speaker 2: Joey Yes, January thirty.
Speaker 9: In live to the Hit Nation station on the free iHeartRadio app starting at six pm Pacific ninety stern.
Speaker 10: And show your support for the people they need in Los Angeles.
Speaker 1: Hey, don't go through another year with all that high interest that Let Loan Pronto wipe it all out. It's Eddie Loan Pronto's rapid equity loan makes it easy to pay off all that. It's with Andy Furman the fur Ball sports for the out of sorts on this Tuesday night after basketball fur Ball, how are you?
Speaker 15: You know what?
Speaker 16: I'm feeling pretty good, and it's always good to talk to you because I.
Speaker 15: Feel like a balloon.
Speaker 16: And when I talk to you, I let all the hot air out to.
Speaker 15: You, and you let it out. You're the only one who'd listened to me.
Speaker 1: And you wind up, and you wind up on the other side of the room flat like a pancake.
Speaker 15: Because Jackey, right answer I speak to you, you kind of beat me up. But I think you're going.
Speaker 16: To agree with this one course, it's a perfect day for you and I to chat, all right, because today's today. Then every Buckeye fan, every fan of the Ohio State University, take a good hard look in the mirror. I realized that you were the one I wanted to get rid of Ryan Day. You were the one that wanted and fired. You were the one that would bearmouth in this guy. He won a national championship last night. And you know what, take another damn good look. You know what his career record is at the Ohio State University. He's coached eighty games, He's won seventy. He coached eighty games, he's won seventy. Okay, you don't know how good you have it? And I get it. The nil it was like twenty thousand dollars. Was twenty thousand dollars worth of checks to to pay to get these kids. That's the nature of the beast.
Speaker 15: You're paying players right now. Get with it.
Speaker 16: And now that they've won, they have more money, the more Alump's coming on board and they'll pay even more. Because you watched that Ohio State team play, you realize the separation of power, the separation of personnel between a school like Cincinnati and the Ohio State University.
Speaker 15: How do you like that?
Speaker 1: I know Bearcat fans that just simply can't stand Ohio State because.
Speaker 15: It's envy and jealous.
Speaker 13: They know it is the.
Speaker 1: That the buck Eyes are perennially better than the Bearcats every time.
Speaker 2: Station. Yeah, I mean, it's.
Speaker 16: I don't know about kind of I don't care if you're a train station. It doesn't make a difference to me.
Speaker 1: Yes, I totally get it. But I know some of those Buckeye faithful that you're talking about who were ready to ditch the whole thing after the Michigan lost and it was absolutely a collapse on the field by the buck Eyes against the Wolverines in that game at home, and you know that that's the tale of the tape. That's That's the only thing that matters to most Ohio State fans is beating Michigan. It doesn't matter what happens in the bowl game after where, it doesn't matter if they win a national championship.
Speaker 2: That is there. That is their cause.
Speaker 1: They believe that they have a birthright to beat Michigan every single time, and it's simply not the case.
Speaker 15: When they start the season.
Speaker 16: There are three goals for a hot state university, be Michigan, win the Big Ten, and win the national championship. Okay, they did two out of three this year. And I'll tell you something else. Honestly, I'll make you halfway on this. You know, honestly that Michigan loss. After watching Ohio State play and what they've done and these players beating, pounding, and it's seeing Oregon pounding these teams to death, I say to myself, how in the world do they have a loose to Michigan.
Speaker 15: Think about it.
Speaker 16: They beat the little bit daylights out of a great Tennessee team and a great Oregon team. They really did, and then they lose to Michigan. But that's that's yesterday's news. And honestly, really for you to want.
Speaker 15: To get you know, Ryan Day gone.
Speaker 16: Fired after a Michigan loss, get get a life.
Speaker 15: Fans are crazy.
Speaker 16: I thought the Suoner fans were nuts. They take us, they take a second seas to Ohio State.
Speaker 2: But they're just like UK basketball fans. Andy, you know, if.
Speaker 15: Post you're not that bad.
Speaker 16: The Ohio State's the worst, the worst, worse to wor I like the I like the Wildcats. I roof for them, but I'm not live and die with them. But here's the thing. They're the worst, but in a sense they did.
Speaker 15: The best because they expect the best and.
Speaker 16: The expectations are somewhat unreal. But more often than not, they they reached those expectations. Which is great. That that's pressure, and pressure creates victories perhaps, and I think it's a good thing. Look that when when the University of Kentucky went to the n i T lost the Ducine, they lost to Saint Peter's. I didn't hear the rumblings that they wanted to get John cali Perry fired. I mean, they were rumblings, but they didn't want him out. It was a big time rumblings after the Michigan game, after Ohio State loss.
Speaker 2: That's true, that's true. But Ryan Day.
Speaker 1: Ryan Day to that point had not won a national championship. John Caliperry had, So maybe there's the device.
Speaker 16: Look well, maybe that was a different I don't know. But if I'm Ryan Day today, I pack up, try to get an NFL coaching obviously there's still several.
Speaker 15: Of them open, and then give them the bird and walk away. That's what I would do.
Speaker 16: And I'm so glad that Louiana Rumo, who was escaped goal at sintenty Bengals as a defensive coordinator, didn't take much time at all because he's a very talented guy. He's right down the road. He's a defensive coordinator for the Indianapolis Colts.
Speaker 15: I'm happy for Louis.
Speaker 16: Well, you have defense, will be better defense in Indianapolis. They got better players. But that got him a better defense in the Bengals next year.
Speaker 1: Two years ago, he was hailed as a defensive genius Andy and and he was on all the head coaching interviews around the league and decided to stay. I wonder if he's second thinking about staying in Cincinnati with the Bengals when he could have maybe had a head coaching job a couple of seasons ago.
Speaker 2: But you're right, it's well.
Speaker 15: He never got the job. No, he went for interviews, he never got the job.
Speaker 16: But here's the thing, Well, can see you know what that's a plus. Think about this for a second. Jill Belichick left coaching, gets depart I'm not gonna say fired. He was departed for the New England Patriots. Didn't get a sniff. Think about that. When you're talking about the mount Rushmore of coaches, Vince Slumpbardy, Bill Belichick, Don Schuler really, and the next one's gonna be Andy Reid. Those four will be on the mount Rushmore of coaches. Bill Belichick didn't get a sniff, So don't even bring up the fact that lou Anna Romo didn't get a head coaching job. And you know as well as I do, you're an intelligent guy.
Speaker 15: I think, I think you are. The Summers think you are.
Speaker 16: You know, it's all about personnel. You don't get the players. You're not at the horses.
Speaker 15: You don't win.
Speaker 16: I don't care how big, how good a manager Tito is with their heads. They don't get some good quality pitching and then get some injuries in there.
Speaker 15: They're not gonna win. It's all about people, personnel, the players. That's what it's all about.
Speaker 1: And what's the classic coaching line. If you want me to cook the dinner, you gotta let me help buy the groceries.
Speaker 16: And that's that's what Belichiers could do North Carolina. He'll do well in North Carolina.
Speaker 15: I know he will.
Speaker 1: I believe will the call to the NFL be so strong that he wants to come back, you think no.
Speaker 16: I think he made a commitment at least for this year. But I think he will come backs. I think he wants to win. He's thirteen wins away, I think from the old time win record, and I think he wants to have that. Why wouldn't they want to have it? At No, I think he wants that. I think they'll be back.
Speaker 2: Do you expect Dion Sanders to be a head coach in the NFL?
Speaker 12: Andy?
Speaker 15: You know what? I don't. And I'll tell you why. I say that and put money.
Speaker 16: Aside, because I think there probably would be more money in Dallas. And he's Jerry Jones's guy. Jerry Jones loves him. But there's more control in college. You can control the environment, you can control your players, you can control everything.
Speaker 15: You have total control of the program. In the NFL, you don't. You're given the players by personnel people and those general managers. I mean that's.
Speaker 16: Basically what it is in the NFL. Look at the New York Football Giants. I mean, do you think the coaching staff didn't want to have Saquon Barkley.
Speaker 15: On this squad?
Speaker 16: The general manager didn't want him. I watched Hard Knocks this year. They didn't want him, didn't want sa Quon Barkley. And I'm surprised that general manager still has a job.
Speaker 15: I really am.
Speaker 1: We'll see if Saquon Barkley can run the Eagles right up to the Super Bowl. It's gonna be tough against those commanders, the up and comers.
Speaker 16: I'm glad you brought the Eagles up. Did you hear about the mayor of Philadelphia?
Speaker 15: Do you hear this?
Speaker 16: You gotta go on, you gotta google this. This is this may be the greatest thing of all time. They had a rally in Philadelphia. I think it was yesterday, all right, And she gets on the podium. She says, look a little cheered up for the Philadelphia Eagles.
Speaker 17: Give me an E, give me an L.
Speaker 16: Give me a G give me an S.
Speaker 15: Go birds. She spelled eagles wrong.
Speaker 16: She spelled eagles wrong.
Speaker 15: Go on and google this. I forgot her name. I forgot the man. She's a complete fool.
Speaker 12: She sounds like some.
Speaker 15: Forgot You can't spell eagles. If you can't spell.
Speaker 1: It, how do you get to be a mayor of a huge city like that and be a total adult.
Speaker 2: I don't get it really well.
Speaker 15: You can be.
Speaker 16: But if you're smart enough, you hire a staff around you and say, look, I'm going up on the stands today, just in case I get a little nervous, give me a little cute cart how to spell eagles? Really hey, Look, lucky for her, you'd have to spell a coach's name. Mit Sterriani today would still.
Speaker 1: Be alone on the podium, nobody around, still trying to steal Sirianni football. I gotta go. Thanks for cracking me up. I appreciate it. See you by The nightcap continues in moments on seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 3: News Traffic and Weather News Radio seven hundred w l W, Cincinnati.
Speaker 4: Another fridgid night with the ten o'clock report, I'm Sean Gallagher breaking now. A cold weather advisory is still in effect for the try Stay, which is expected to see the coldest night so far this week. Under that advisory, lowe's dipping below zero and wind chills will make it feel like it's in the negative teens. While the Try State rais is for another cold night, the Deep South is getting hit with a historic winter storm, leading behind stone places where they rarely see it.
Speaker 18: In New Orleans, the iconic streets at the French Quarter packed with snow, the city's downtown streets practically unrecognizable. Residents stunned by all of it.
Speaker 15: I think snow before been never in New Orleans.
Speaker 18: In Houston, both airports close to all flights, more than a dozen airports halting operations across the region, thousands of flights canceled. Official say while help is coming from around the state, the city doesn't even own a single snowplow of its own.
Speaker 3: Babycnews is Victor Okendo in Houston.
Speaker 4: Now the latest traffic and while they're together right now taking a look at the major interstates and highways.
Speaker 3: No new accidents now.
Speaker 17: The latest forecast from the No Feared Dentist Weather Center Advanced Dentistry the thought of the dentist making you a nervous wreck.
Speaker 3: We're here for you, No Fear Dentist dot Com.
Speaker 6: As we head to our Wednesday morning, it stays clear. We'll see us seven am temperature of zero, windchills though down to fifteen below. As for the rest of our Wednesday, partly sunny, a high twenty three at night, increasing clouds. We're down to sixteen from your Severe Weather station I'm nine first Warning Chief Meteorologist Steve Rawley, News Radio seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 4: Radar showing a clear sky right now, and our current temperature is right at zero and the wind chill feels like it's seven below. Duke Energy reporting close to seventeen hundred outages in parts of the Cincinnati area tonight amid these frigid temperatures, around six hundred of those in Northbrook, with over eight hundred seen between pleasant Ridge and Kennedy Heights.
Speaker 3: The latest.
Speaker 4: As the county looks for a new stadium lease with the Bengals.
Speaker 19: All three members of Habiticaticmission agree the county will not spend millions on stadium improvements without a guarantee from the Bengals. They're staying in Cincinnati. That means signing a new long term lease.
Speaker 20: They do fold together, and they do not, and they cannot move forward separate from one another.
Speaker 19: Greation President and the Street House Bengals have options to extend the current lease, which expires next year, for ten years, but if they do that, pay Corps won't look any different. Lisha Resa's at the Club wants a modern stadium, then the Bengals have to agree to a new deal and share the costs and the revenue it generates.
Speaker 21: I am a Bengals fan. I would love for us to have been going to the Super Bowl right now, still be playing. However, I'm elected as a negotiator on behalf of the taxpayers.
Speaker 3: Ryan Tolms, News Radio WLW.
Speaker 4: John Houston had sworn in as a US Senator today, The now former lieutenant governor of Ohio a pointed by Governor Mike Devine to fill Vice President Vance's old Senate seat into a specially until a special election takes place next year. Baseball News Eashiro Suzuki, CC Sabbathia and Billy Wagner have been elected by the Baseball Writers' Association of Americas. They will be in the Baseball Hall of Fame class of twenty twenty five, joining former Reds out Peter Dave Parker and Eltic Allen and Hooperstown. Those two elected buy the Classic Baseball Era Committee. College Basketball UC fell at Fifth Third Arena tonight to Texas Tech eighty one seventy one. The Becats will look to balance back when they head out west to face BYU Saturday night. It'll be a late ten o'clock tip off here on the Big One. Miami RedHawks and Oxford tonight beat Puling Green eighty four to seventy six. Xavier said to visit number twenty Saint John's Wednesday night. That'll be a pre game just after six thirty here on news radio seven hundred WLW and tip off from Madison Square Garden at seven. College football, Ohio State finishing number one in the final Associated Press Pool this after beating Notre Dame thirty four to twenty three in the College Football Playoff National Championship Game Monday night in Atlanta. The Fighting Ivers finishing at number two. Oregon, Texas and Penn State round out the top five. Our next update is at ten thirty. I'm seun Galvagher, News Radio seven hundred W l de B.
Speaker 3: This report is sponsored by Apollo Home, your source for plumbing, heating, and air and electrical.
Speaker 22: This is a weather warning. Weather happens like all the time. Look out your window. There's weather happening now. To ensure the comfort of your home. Youw l W beaming out across the Midwest.
Speaker 1: His cold frozen Tuesday night, the day after Donald Trump was sworn in as our forty seventh president, the sixtieth inauguration of a president in American history, and just quite a scene all day long. Jim Raneesy is our guest in this half hour. Jim of force, of course, a former Ohio congressman, ran for Senate, ran for governor, a businessman, and a guy with some definite inside knowledge of inside the beltwagh and that's saying that's an understatement for sure. But Jim joins us here for a little while to talk about Trump's first day and a half in office and anything else that he wants to bring up on his mind. Jim Raneesy, welcome to the show.
Speaker 23: Well, thank you for having me.
Speaker 24: It was a great day yesterday, and it was.
Speaker 23: A good experience, a safe experience. And the only problem is there were a lot of people traveled down and we're not able to see it live had the but I did here in DC. The bars and restaurants were booming yesterday while people who couldn't attend live. I've got to see some of it, you know, on the TVs and the bars and restaurants or even in the hotels.
Speaker 1: Jim, I got to tell you I saw some live shots on Fox News Channel inside some of those bars you're talking about in our nation's capital, and that looks like that.
Speaker 2: That looked like a party I'd want to go to.
Speaker 1: So there were a lot of very very jacked up people, maybe a little bit worse for the wear from the alcohol consumption, but it just it had the party atmosphere, even though the inauguration and the parade were not held outside and get to the inside inauguration thing there in the Capitol rotundo as a viewer just not being and not traveling all the way to Washington and not being a muckety muck who usually gets into these kinds of events, presidential inaugurations, which is a pretty important historical moment that you'd like to be a part of if you're usually you know, the all members of Congress and governors from around the country who normally would be there could not because it was held indoors.
Speaker 2: So but I got.
Speaker 1: To tell you that the intimacy of that as an American viewer, I didn't feel cheated at all by the fact that was inside. But again, I didn't travel or expect to be there. And I've been a Trumps supporter ever since twenty fifteen, so I understand the frustration.
Speaker 2: But I also from.
Speaker 1: An esthetic point of view, Gosh, it was gorgeous, wasn't it.
Speaker 23: Gonna tell you, the Capitol is a beautiful building. When I served in Congress, it was just an now to walk through, uh, you know, the halls and uh and the rotunda area and think of all the history that was there. So absolutely, the problem of the intimacy, as you described, which could best be seen on the cameras, was not as well seen by some senators and governors who couldn't get in the room, which was part of the problem when you do take it inside like that. And and for those of your listeners, you got to remember that every member of Congress and every governor has a seat on the dais normally uh when the when the oath is given outside, when you bring it inside, it becomes a little bit closer. And then of course Trump has a very large family, the Bidens have a very large family, so and uh so there were a lot of family members there as well who take many of the seats.
Speaker 13: So it did close.
Speaker 23: Things up a little bit, you know. I was told that, and it was confirmed that many of the governors and senators were not able to get inside and sit down. What was interesting though for many of the viewers. You saw many of the supporters and the large supporters really did get some seats in there, which I knew it was going to be a talking point around Congress over the next couple of days when senators couldn't get a seat, But yet you know, Zuckerberg and many of the others had front row seats as well, So that I think is going to be something that's discussed. But you know, otherwise, You're right, it was a good intimate viewing and it was something different. It only happened once before when there was bitter cold many many years ago and Ronald Reagan was sworn in there in the Capitol.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the Reagan swearing in in the rotunda. Well, is something like that going to be something that I don't know? To me, I understand the protocols, and I understand having these big donors there and having the usual complement of governors and congress people as senators and House members not be allowed, And is that going to break the Trump honeymoon right off the bat?
Speaker 15: Jim Well, I don't know.
Speaker 23: I think there are going to be people that are upset. I mean, you talked about that, you or I because I did not travel down there this year, didn't travel down to it. But if you traveled down and we're expecting a seat in the rotunda and you didn't get it, I think you may not be complaining publicly. But somebody like Governor de Santus is not going to probably forget that. And I don't think it was intentional to him, because, like I say, there were a number of governors that were not able to get into the rotunda. There were a number of senators, and I understand there were even some members of Congress. They were not able to get in the uh in the in the retunda area as well. So I just think it's something off to look at in the future. Maybe they'll have to be seated first if they ever do it again, and uh and then uh, you know, guests and uh donors maybe after that. But uh, again, this thing was moved in very quickly. There probably wasn't a lot of thought put to it, and uh, they assumed this was all going to work out right, And you know, sometimes the best laid plans fell, especially when they're done on such short notice.
Speaker 1: Talking to Jim Rinecy on the Nightcap here on seven hundred WLW and Jim. Let me ask you about Susie Wiles, who was the White House Chief of staff. Everything that I've heard from, gosh, almost everyone, both the Republican and Democrat, have been glowing in their assessment of how how tight a ship Susie Wiles will run and how this is so important to have this chief of staff for this president. Your thoughts, if any on Susie Wiles.
Speaker 23: Well, I had to tell you, I would one hundred percent agree.
Speaker 24: I know Susie Wilds.
Speaker 23: In fact, I've tried to work with her to get to the president in the last four to six years, and she does run a very tight ship, and it's become tighter and tighter. The problem with pass individuals in this position is that many people got to see the president. She's not going to allow just anyone to see the president. She's gonna she's going to make sure that it's very tight. One thing about President Trump, and I really like him for this. He's somebody who will sit and talk to anyone that wants to talk to him, but the role of president doesn't allow him that much time. And I do think that there will be people turned away much more frequently than in the past trying to meet with the president in over the next four years, She's going to be very good for him because she's going to keep him focused on the issues of the day. And I think she's become a very good confident of his and therefore it's going to be a good team.
Speaker 2: Isn't it amazing?
Speaker 1: Although we saw it the first term, and we've seen it in his efforts to fight off all of the people trying to take him down previous to the election and during his whole first term. But it's amazing to me the amount of energy and stamina this seventy eight year old man has. I mean, you talk about yesterday's schedule and this morning, you know, right back at it this morning after what was an eighteen to twenty hour day. This is not unusual for Donald Trump, though.
Speaker 25: Is it.
Speaker 23: No, it's not, and I would agree with you. He's he's somebody that lives on about six hours sleep a day and gets up early and some and diet coach. Right, he gets up early. He is thinking at two o'clock in the morning. It's not unusual for him to make a call at two o'clock in the morning to people like his vice president or a member of Congress that he's thinking about something and he reaches out. It's kind of interesting. When I was in business for over thirty years in Ohio, when I made a call to somebody that worked for me, I really wanted you know, if it was at one o'clock in the morning, it normally meant that I had something I had that we had to get taken care of, either as soon as possible or as soon as possible the next morning. And I kind of appreciated when they picked up. I think this president is the same way. He looks to see who's going to pick up that phone at one o'clock in the morning or whatever and talk to him because he's got an idea and he wants to get something done. He's going to be that type of president. He's going to be looking for those that are also willing to step up at any time of the day. And you're right, it's going to be many people twenty years younger him are going to have a tough time keeping up with him.
Speaker 1: What did you think of the rescinding as he promised to do in the campaign. Rescinding was at seventy eight executive orders that Joe Biden signed just to get rid of them immediately and get those obstacles out of the way of the new administration with their mandate and their agenda.
Speaker 2: And then the rest of the day.
Speaker 1: I tell you what, my favorite part of all of yesterday was him going back to the Oval Office and allowing a press pool in and doing an impromptu press conference, no screen questions as he signs executive orders. That was amazing. That was a masterclass to me. Your thoughts, well.
Speaker 23: You got to remember President Trump as a showman. He's also somebody who's best in front of a camera. So these kind of stages and issues do not bother him. Joe Biden. Half the time they were trying to keep him away from the camera. But now Donald Trump will be in front of the camera every chance he gets. He's not afraid of taking questions. And I thought that was great too. It just shows you he was going to continue in a record pace.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 23: I always throw a little bit of water on some things, and I'll throw a little water here for some of your conservative listeners. You got to remember in twenty ten when I ran, we were all upset that Barack.
Speaker 24: Obama was making executive orders.
Speaker 23: And we said, executive orders should not be made. This should be law. We should stop these executive orders. And what's interesting is, you know, turn the page this many years forward. Donald Trump's probably going to do two hundred executive orders, and people are happy with that. In the end, I understand why he did it, and I understand it's he wanted to overturn these things as quickly as possible. But I got to tell you, here's the best way for our government to function. We got to get away from executive voterers and back to where the Congress is doing things. Now, if every executive order that Biden would have put in place was approved by.
Speaker 24: Congress, Donald Trump couldn't turn.
Speaker 23: Them up, you know, couldn't turn them back away, which is good it said he wasn't able to. But let's look at the ones that Donald Trump is doing now. We need to get these approved in the law so that in four years, if by chance, somebody from the other party doesn't take over, they don't just rescind all of.
Speaker 24: His executive orders.
Speaker 23: Right, and all we keep doing is going back and forth.
Speaker 1: Right, I just talked to someone who's got some inside knowledge of some of these executive vorders in the way they are written, and they are written to eventually determine policy and legislation as part of the Trump agenda. I think some of these executive orders that are being signed, they are going to work tirelessly to get the House and Senate to approve them and pass them as bills. So I get where you're coming from, and I agree with you in that regard, Jim, but I think that there is a there is a method behind the madness right now, and it's not just about an executive branch power grab.
Speaker 15: No, I'd agree with you.
Speaker 23: And the only problem is it's going to be very difficult when you have a majority of two in the House of Representatives, and I know everybody wants every Republican the vote one with exactly what Donald Trump wants.
Speaker 2: Oh you mean like you mean like the Democrats do?
Speaker 23: How like the Democrats do? But I'm going to tell you, I don't think that's going to be the case.
Speaker 24: And I do think it's going.
Speaker 15: To be very very tough.
Speaker 23: Remember when I was in Congress, we had a twenty nine seat majority and Donald Trump was president, and we still couldn't get everything he wanted and done accomplished. There were still people and if you are a representative government, which we are, and if that individual represents a district, that something that Donald Trump wants to do the district, it's totally against what that district needs or wants, you know, in some ways, you got to think that representative has to do what's best for the district as well.
Speaker 1: No, I my representative I live in Northern Kentucky is Thomas Massey. He's not a yes vote guaranteed on anything, as we've already seen. And I will tell you this, Jim, I'm glad that Thomas Thomas Massey as I worked for the seven hundred and fifty thousand people who I represent in my district. First and foremost, He's not a go along to get along kind of guy. So I have one of those representatives you're talking about, and I don't necessarily know if he's doing it because the district doesn't want it or just on his own kind of his scale is kind of, you know, a libertarian kind of vibe with Thomas Massey, and that's what we continue to vote for in this district. But again, I think he just does it on basic principles more than you know, talking to every constituent in the district who voted for him.
Speaker 24: So I mean, well, I can give you an example.
Speaker 23: When I was in Congress, I voted with Trump ninety four percent of the time and people say, and by the way, Jim Jordan at the time only voted with Trump ninety three percent of the time. I actually voted with Trump more. But there were six percent of the time time that I did not vote with Trump, and people would say, shame on you, and I go, wait a minute, shame on me. I was voting for my district. There are a lot of ideas that President Trump has. It might be good for America in total. But you know, I still remember the day I voted against something that every Republican voted for in the House and I was alone Republican voting against it. And it affected a business in my district with sixteen hundred employees. And I said, I represent that district, and I represent in essence, I represent the employees in that business, and I can't vote for something that will totally destroy that business. And I think in the end, those are the kind.
Speaker 24: Of things that people have to understand.
Speaker 15: You really do have.
Speaker 24: To vote your district.
Speaker 2: YEP, no doubt about it.
Speaker 1: Well, Jim, it's going to be an interesting week I had, it's going to be an interesting year, it's going to be an interesting four years. You don't sound as optimistic as I as I I am, but I think you have a reasoned die and you've had experience in Washington, d C. And knowing how it works and sometimes it does not work very well, even when you've got a twenty nine seat majority.
Speaker 15: Well, exactly right.
Speaker 23: And that's exactly I used to say to people. I'm not a pessimist, and I'm not an optimist. I'm a realist. And in the end, when you have four hundred and thirty five people in a room, it's a whole different situation.
Speaker 24: Here's I can best explain it.
Speaker 23: Just sit around Thanksgiving the Thanksgiving table with your family, and I guarantee if you have seven, ten, twelve people around that table, you're not going to agree to everything. Well, add four hundred and twenty five more people to that table and you have a real problem. Yeah right, So that's real quick, it's Washington, d C.
Speaker 1: Jim, real quick. What about Ramaswami running for governor of Ohio.
Speaker 23: Well, I believe he's going to I've been encouraging, encouraging him. I was not a John Eustead fan. I believe that John Eustad is one of the reasons why Ohio has followed John Newstaid and Mike Dwaine. Of course I ran against them, So I have actually been encouraging him, and I believe he's going to uh and we'll see, I mean he He has not come out and said it yet. I expect to hear that soon. But look, we need somebody who's going to break things up in Ohio as well.
Speaker 13: Uh.
Speaker 24: The status quo is not good.
Speaker 23: And uh, I'm hoping that by Theake steps into the ring because I know he can win, and that's the real key. Let's let's get somebody.
Speaker 24: In there who can win AND's willing to make change.
Speaker 2: Jim Ornecy, I appreciate your time so much.
Speaker 1: I know it's a busy day and uh and it continues to be busy.
Speaker 2: But thanks again for being on the night camp to see me.
Speaker 23: Oh, thank you, and you have a great rest of evening.
Speaker 1: Uh, you guaranteed. Thank you so much. It's the nightcap and it continues.
Speaker 5: When I listened to Bill Cunningham, I feel better about America.
Speaker 3: I feel safer.
Speaker 1: You know why, because no one's ever been attacked by syphilitic vampires.
Speaker 2: While listening to Willie.
Speaker 3: Know what, god Zilla's never attacked either.
Speaker 12: Everybody knows it.
Speaker 2: Bill Cunningham with Jack ofb Godzilla with.
Speaker 5: His mighty fists of freedom.
Speaker 3: Bam bam bam. Take that to John. Bill Cunningham is all man.
Speaker 20: Thank you, Bill Cunningham.
Speaker 9: Bill Cunningham tomorrow at twelve noon on seven hundred w l W.
Speaker 10: Insurance sold by Smart Bunny Insurance Services ain't underwritten by various insurance coverage exclusions and limitations may apply.
Speaker 8: Hey, John, Mom told me you had a flood in your apartment.
Speaker 1: Yeah till day yesterday. I feel like I've got it. And all I did was watch the proceedings on television. Joining us now to talk about President Trump's nominations for important posts, like the Secretary of Defense Marco Rubio just sworn in this morning as Secretary of State. At least Stephanic took to the confirmation hearings for her role as UN ambassador, and things are moving very very quickly. Our guests in this segment is the author of Eternally Canceled Proof, a guide for courageous Christians navigating the political battle front.
Speaker 2: She is also a military veteran.
Speaker 1: She has so many things, and she's also as well, the host of the nationally syndicated serious XM show Stacy on the Right. Stacey Washington joins us for a few moments. Stacy, Welcome to the show. It's great to have you on the Nightcap.
Speaker 2: How are you.
Speaker 25: Thanks, It's good to be here.
Speaker 1: That was an incredible flurry yesterday and the first thing that I've been noticing, and I haven't been alone obviously, because it was so apparent Donald Trump works tirelessly. The second that he was sworn in, he was ready to go. All he wanted to do was start signing executive orders, but the pomp and circumstances dictated that would wait, oh, I don't know, an hour or so before he got to work as our forty seventh president of the United States. Just for you as summation of what you saw yesterday and continued to see today from the second Trump administration.
Speaker 26: Well, I mean, I think it's a reality that President Trump has been waiting for four years to take the actions that he took yesterday, and really President Biden made it. He made it difficult for President Trump not to be president. President Biden didn't actually go in and say what can I do to improve the lives of Americans. He said, first day, I'm going to undo everything that Trump did. And he started with the border, which was one of the big accomplishments during the Trump administration, and he unleashed hell on the American people.
Speaker 25: That and the inflation, the Middle.
Speaker 26: East wars, and then the overall vacancy at the Resolute Desk. I think it was more than President Trump could take. And so the two hundred or so executive actions that he implemented yesterday demonstrated just how clearly his vision for America can be implemented immediately, and how cognizant he is at the amount of time he has left. It's four years, but it's going to go by so quickly. And I think, you know, when he says promises made, promises kept, this is a deeply seated conviction that he has.
Speaker 25: And it's different from other presidents.
Speaker 26: It's different from politicians because most politicians forget everything they've promised you when they're raising money and asking for your vote. And President Trump is very, very serious about doing what he promised to do. I went through a lot of the executive actions on the radio last night.
Speaker 25: I was reading through and just kind of I.
Speaker 26: Was marveling at the detail and the completeness and the efficiency of how he is following on every executive order actually instructs the two sections of government that are responsible for their implementation to examine the areas surrounding the target for other executive actions that need to be taken to complete the actual directive in section two of each EO. So that means that there will be additional eos coming and possibly legislation. Hopefully will see much of this converted into legislation by Congress that will make these actions permanent. I felt like the other thing that we had was an elevation of class and pomp and circumstance back into every part of our executive branch. Lania Trump and the entire Trump family were so visually appealing and stunningly gorgeous yesterday.
Speaker 25: It was just such a beautiful thing.
Speaker 26: And I love the way that he focused on at key moments he pointed back to God and was grateful for being alive, being elected this country. And it was really was. It was masterfully done and incredibly important to me as someone who has supported President Trump since, you know, way back when he became the nominee. The first time, I just felt like there was so much attention to detail on behalf of people who have really kind of sacrificed a lot and put a lot on the table to be his supporters.
Speaker 1: What do they say? Love is more lovelier the second time around? Donald Trump had such an intense training course with everything the establishment could throw at him in his first term, and after his first term, with the law fair and the persecution and false prosecution of this man, and after the assassination attempt, there was a feeling not just in the Trump camp but among Americans in general that this man was destined to be back where he is. The White House website this morning, all it said was America is back.
Speaker 2: And that was such a great.
Speaker 1: Unifying, solidifying, kind of confirmation that this is going to be different this time in many ways. You talked about the protocols and the pomp and circumstance of the first family at the inauguration yesterday, Stacy, and you're right, Milania was just I don't know that there's a and I hope my wife's not listening. I don't know if there's a more gorgeous woman on the planet than Millennia and Trumps and especially yesterday. And you know what else stood out to me was, and you can't help but still stand out when you're six foot nine, is Baron Trump and his demeanor for a person so young to seemingly be able to take in everything that was going on and be similarly phased by it but emotionally touched that. You're right, the Trump family represented well. I wanted to ask you, Stacy Washington, as an Air Force veteran, how important is the nomination appointment of Pete Hegseth as our Secretary of Defense? In other words, being a warrior for warriors in Washington, d C. Instead of a warmonger and the same old establishment leftists that have been in charge the last four years. What a radical difference Pete Hegseth will make. And how about his nomination hearing a week ago where he just aced the test like no one could. I mean, And Pam Bondy was just brutal when they started being really really stupid and petty with her, she got right back in their faces and said, now I'm not taking this nonsense. Don't point your finger me so any comments on both those things. But I started with the hegseeth as Secretary of Defense and how important you believe, as a veteran that it is to have someone like that at the top at the Pentagon.
Speaker 26: Well, I will just say one final thing about the beauty of Melania Trump. It's so in our younger years, and it starts when we're toddlers. We have a certain jealousy for the people that we love and we don't want them to think about anyone.
Speaker 25: Else but us.
Speaker 26: But as adults we are I don't think it's just something that we can do. I think we're commanded to enjoy our lives and to take in beauty. And I think Malania Trump, the Trump family, the Vance family, such a lovely and winsome representation of America. And you mentioned Pam Bondi another person who you shouldn't be feeled by the outer you shouldn't be fooled by the outer package. She's stunning and gorgeous and very very kind and sweet of meter in person and unusually attentive to you know, being kind to other people, which is not usually an aspect of being a household name or being famous for being very good at politics.
Speaker 25: She's actually very very kind.
Speaker 26: But I think her command of the law and her desire to see law and order actually executed in this country far outweigh the beauty, which means that she's a it's a triple threat, and underestimating her means embarrassment for yourself if you choose to take that path. And you mentioned Pete Heg Seth, and I think it's important for the war fighter to be led by someone who's actually been under fire, someone who's done back to back employment deployments, oversees someone who understands the rigors of war and what it takes to command airspace and land and to support and defend the Constitution against all enemies foreign and domestic. And that's something that Pete Heg Sath really operated under for a very long time as an activity service member in the National Guard. I believe it was but the bigger deal for him besides that heroism and valor, he was decorated well decorated as an active duty member, but he also is an IVY League double Ivy League educated individual, five time best selling author, and he served veterans after he left the service I mean, he served them well in large organizations, and so I think the criticisms of him in his personal life are hypocritical on part of Democrats.
Speaker 25: They never care when Democrats have affairs.
Speaker 26: When Democrats do horrible things to their wives or cheat on them, or have kids at a wedlock, or you know, snort coke off with the stomach of a prostitute, they never care about that kind of stuff, And so it rings really hollow with Pete Heexas, and the same for Pam Bondi and Chelsea Gabbart. Telsea Gabbard and I don't share a lot in common in the way of policy, but she is anti war and she's President Trump's pick, which means he spent four years thinking about whether or not he would prefer to see Gabbert while for the past four years while he was out of office, I was busy, you know, running my life and trying to elevate my career and doing all kinds of other things that I wanted to do because I wasn't planning on being the president again. So since he spent four years thinking about it, and it is his choice and America shows him and gave him the popular vote, he has a mandate, he gets his picks, and so I think RFK Junior and some of the people they're trying to label as controversial are actually stellar examples of excellence. In these people's prodigious career paths. All of them are very impressive, and those that dismissed them often don't have very strong credentials themselves.
Speaker 25: So you know how it is.
Speaker 26: It is an old old thing that that older people say you shouldn't take marital advice from a single woman, right. I don't listen to single women when they're talking about marital things.
Speaker 25: I've been married for twenty eight years.
Speaker 26: I feel like, you know, I have a PhD in marriage, and you don't even know what it is because you've never been married. It's similar here people who've never been to war, people who've never led, people who've never talked to women in the service about whether or not they want to be in the combat specialties. I served on active duty, and then the fourth generation of my family to do so. My father and my grandfather were decorated war veterans. I honestly what I've talked to them about it, and I'll never forget my father sitting me down and I said, Dad, women.
Speaker 25: Can do anything. Women can do everything.
Speaker 26: I was especially fired up after a really, really strong history class where all of the girls in the class talked about being in combat. And my dad said, you know, I think you're old enough for us to talk about combat.
Speaker 25: I said sure.
Speaker 26: He said, sit down, and he began to explain what combat was from the experience of someone who fought and killed people in Vietnam. And I just sat there with my ears peeled back. He might as well have hit me with a blast of jet air. You know, if you stand.
Speaker 25: Near a jet when it's right it was hot.
Speaker 26: I was sitting there with my face burning, thinking about what he was telling me and just trying to wrap my around it. And he said, I'll never tell you everything I did or everything that I saw. I'm giving you a slice of what it was like. And he said, I love you, so I'll tell you the truth. Women do not belong in combat. And he told me why. And he talked about the male desire to protect women, especially and children, and to serve them, and how having a woman in the unit would throw off the unit cohesion of those men, and how war is about killing and taking command of basically things that you don't have command of. It was violence, and I'll, I'll just I still remember the conversation to this day. I wasn't even eighteen. I think I was going to be sixteen or seventeen years old. And he said, well, I'll never talk to you about the Vietnam War again because I hate remembering it and I hate what I had to do. But I did it because and he was on activity at the time. He said, because the commander in chief of the US military was my boss still is and that's where I was commanded to go and do those things. But I never want you to go do those things. As a woman. You should never have to fight in a war, not in a country like ours.
Speaker 25: And he's right.
Speaker 26: And since then, I've read articles written by women who've been in combat, and I've talked to lots of women on active duty when I was on active duty, and we don't belong in the combat divisions. And so Pete text is speaking from experience having gone into combat, and many many American women agree with him. The majority of American women don't actually want to be in combat. The very small minorities that are very vocal, and it's just one of the examples of how clear his vision is for raising standards for the military, which makes him perfect. I couldn't imagine a better choice. And also he's TV ready, which means he'll never be stumped in these interviews, you know, with MSNBC talking heads or anything like that.
Speaker 1: No, we're talking to Stacy Washington, host of Stacy on the Right on Serious exam and the author of Eternally Canceled Proof, a guide for Courageous Christians navigating the political battle front. So we're talking about combat as Christians, as human beings, there is a constant combat for our souls.
Speaker 2: Is this what the book is about? What do you do? What do you write about in the book, Stacy?
Speaker 26: So the book is about it is without Christ we have nothing. We can do all things through Him. But the bigger deal for us is that in America, in a lot.
Speaker 25: Of places, she.
Speaker 26: I say she because it's a lot of us women who are in charge of doing the majority of the talking. We as Americans have allowed politics to become more than a tool like a hammer or a ladder. We use politics as it's like a dividing line. And much of the things that we've seen really are. It's good versus evil. It's not really a left right paradigm anymore. But God has actually given us everything that we need to be able to execute our political aspirations to ConTroll our government without destroying every other part of our lives or having it dominate so that we can't enjoy ourselves. And so the book talks about abortion and parenting and marriage, and it talks about the times I've been canceled myself and the revelation that I came under that I don't need to fear people.
Speaker 25: I don't have to fear.
Speaker 26: Being canceled because I have an eternal reward that I'm looking forward to and it's assured. So now that I have that out of the way, I can live this life courageously and boldly tell the truth and love people and enjoy them regardless of politics, because I know I'm telling the truth and I'm being obedient to what God has called me to do.
Speaker 25: And the book is inspirational in that way. It's a weekend book.
Speaker 26: I didn't write the traditional eighty thousand words because I actually wanted people to read it.
Speaker 2: I wanted people to read it exactly.
Speaker 26: And it's a fun book. You'll laugh a little bit in it. There's a lot of great information and it's well foot noted, especially for the link of the book. It's very well footnoted, so you can find everything that I'm telling you and verify it and see if I'm right. And I think it's important. Even after the winning of President Trump, there's still so much to be done. There's so much for us to kind of manage and keep track of. President Trump is a great man and he's obviously he may be better than we deserve, you know, in some ways in America because we're so fickle. I'm just looking forward to seeing him execute on his promises. He really loves doing that. But we have people at the local level who need to be brought to heal. They are public servants. They are not our rock stars. They are not our overlords. They're not our betters. They are our employees. And I mean everyone from the elected dog catcher, your mayor, every person who works in a public school, Every single person who works there is being employed under the power of your taxpayer dollars. So the next time someone lord's over you that they have an MBA or a master's or some other thing, or a PhD at administration. You see, that's wonderful, and thank you for sharing your accomplishments. But as my employee, expect you to do the things that we as taxpayers asked you to do through our elected representatives as the school board.
Speaker 2: I talked about how hard that, Stacy.
Speaker 1: I talked about how hard President Trump already is working for America. But you work pretty darn hard yourself. Stacy's communications director of Family Vision, Media Ambassador for America First Policy Institute. She served as co chair of Black Voices for Trump, a board member of Veterans for Trump, and the co chairwoman of the Project twenty one National Advisory Council of the National Center for Public Policy Research. In addition to the book and the radio show and your life as a wife, May God bless you, it sounds like he has and will continue to do so.
Speaker 2: Thank you so much for your.
Speaker 26: Time, Thank you for having me on, and I hope you guys have a great day.
Speaker 1: All right, I look forward to listening to you on your show too, Sure, Stacey Washington with us on the Nightcap. Much more to come into the second day of trump Mania on seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 3: When do you like to listen to Scott's Loan.
Speaker 2: I like to listen to Sloaney at work.
Speaker 25: It's so much better than listening to my boss.
Speaker 2: Why can't bosses be more like Sloony.
Speaker 1: Slooney is loaded with common sense and then my boss is loaded with bs.
Speaker 3: And Sloaney is fun.
Speaker 2: Bosses aren't fun.
Speaker 25: Our bosses ought to learn from Sloony.
Speaker 2: Slooney, ought to have a special be a better boss show.
Speaker 3: Hey, come on, I'm a good boss with common sense, aren't I? No, not really.
Speaker 17: Scott's Loan Untilmorrow morning at nine on seven hundred WLW, and check out his podcast on the Free iHeartRadio.
Speaker 10: Add the recent wildfires that revaged Los Angeles.
Speaker 3: Now it Come.
Speaker 1: It is a nightcap on Tuesday Night, January twenty first, Plony twenty five, almost fully through the second day of the Trump administration, and.
Speaker 2: Things are moving, I mean really moving.
Speaker 1: We have founder president CEO we Invest USA and national grassroots nonprofit that is helping hundreds of communities provide thousands of bulletproof vests for their police forces through educational, public relations, sponsorship, fundraising programs, and the like. He's been a frequent guest of ours, and he is kind enough to come back and join us again tonight for a few minutes. Michael Letz, how are you doing.
Speaker 13: Mike doing great? We've got always see a great week that has begun, and thank god, it couldn't come any faster than it did. But here is the great part about it is, while it was a fantastic swearing in an inauguration, we were hitting the ground running and more of the work just furs Now.
Speaker 1: Well, you know what, uh I hated the fact that the leak of immigration raids was out last week, kind of tipping the Trump administration hands on what they are planning to do to carry out these executive orders and to bring law and order back to our country. Brings soganty back to our country, to put America first over the citizens of the rest of the world. So it's just interesting to see that already we've been hamstrung. Many of us were hoping to see some of those raids beginning as soon as today.
Speaker 12: Well they're going to have to wait.
Speaker 13: Yeah, they're not going to be waiting long. Trust me. You know, the plans are already underway. We are positioning now as we speak, and you're going to begin to see things happening on a very quick level, I do want to kind of on a note your listeners should be aware of here's for them to keep matters in the forefront of their mind. It's bad enough to have to deal with our enemies, the legal immigrants, those who are drug card tellers, child rapists, et cetera, et cetera. But to have to fight your own government from the inside is a pretty pathetic thing. And we have those who are still in part of the carryover. We will be weeding them out who are determined to, like you said, divulge plans do whatever they possibly can do to disrupt the will of the American people. But let me assure the American people, we will find them all, we will deal with them all, and it won't just be a matter of termination. It will be a matter of accountability. If you broke the law on what you did, you will be on accountable for it.
Speaker 2: Well, hallelujah.
Speaker 1: What are laws for if they're not adhered to and they're not obeyed. And the first law that these people break is by setting foot in our country illegally without going through the proper channels and process of immigration. We all, and I think you would agree with me, We all welcome immigrants to this country. We're a country of immigrants. But there is a process, there is a way you do it. And what has happened, especially over the last four years, was the law was the federal immigration law was totally ignored.
Speaker 2: In fact, it was flawed.
Speaker 1: Wanted that they were ignoring it, and may Orcus under the Biden administration continued to break the law. He would not go before Congress when he was subpoenaed to do so, just thought it was important to only pursue their agenda and not the law of the land. And now with the Trump executive orders making the cartels as they always should have been as they have been officially a foreign terrorist group, Amen, and getting rid of CPB one where you know, people were flying in from all corners of the world into our country, surpassing you, you know, our border without any checks whatsoever. We didn't know who they were about several hundred thousands of them. Yesterday at noon found out that their app didn't work anymore, which was very very entertaining for me. And also the passage of the Lake and Riley Act. Finally, what took so long for that to get through? Why wouldn't have that have passed under the previous Senate when we knew what the problem was. It was all about agendas and narratives and it wasn't about upholding the law.
Speaker 13: Well, you're exactly right, here's those sat a statement I could make. It was about politics. It did not fit their narrative for them to have passed that would have conceded that some of their policies were indeed bad policies for America, and they were not about to do that. They didn't care what was best for America or as citizens. They care what was best for what they were trying to make their image to be and what allows the image.
Speaker 2: It was, yes, yes, indeed.
Speaker 1: Now here's the question for law enforcement and sheriffs in particular counties where the elected people have said, now we're a sanctuary and we're not going to cooperate with ICE. Now does the sheriff in each of these counties, if he believes that the federal law usurps the sanctuary city status of where they are serving. Is anybody arrested for blocking or hindering the apprehension of these illegals in our countries, in our cities?
Speaker 2: But how does that mean?
Speaker 13: Let mean let's let's define it so your listeners would know what to expect. He used two words there, the sheriff. Sheriff is an elected position, so the sheriff can do what is right and what he knows to be writing. Most of these sheriffs are responding, regardless of their city council's mayors, et cetera, have determined to back the law because it is the law of the land. Section eighteen makes it very clear that if you aid in a bet a legal immigrant or interfere with the performance of the duty of a federal law enforcement officer, it is a felony. I want to make sure everybody heard that correctly. It's a felony, not a misdemeanor. You will serve time in prison. And so we sent out a message again they got it yesterday to all the elected officials. Regardless of the position you are taking the m you're trying to portray, should you willfully break the law by aiding in a betting and not allowing our federal officers to do their job, you will be arrested. And that is what we are looking forward to in the next few days. I'm just anxious to see with one of what to put their money where their mouth is, because quite frankly, we're not going to allow them to continue to jeopardize the American citizens.
Speaker 1: The federal government has two main I mean, at the top of our Constitution, it says that the priorities of the federal government are to defense, provide for the common defense, and promote the general welfare of its citizens.
Speaker 2: Those are the two things that federal government is supposed to do.
Speaker 1: Of course, we're far afield from that because it's gotten so obese and so large, they've forgotten their primary two objectives. And the first one is to provide for the common defense. I am so glad to see, and I've been crying this for years. Put our troops on our borders to protect our borders. Don't take them to some far off foreign land to fight somebody else's war and to protect somebody else's boards. As their job is to defend America, they should have been on our southern borders a long long time ago doing the job the Constitution calls for, and that is providing for the common defense of our country. And I'm so glad to see that the National Guard and US military troops are going to be deployed to the southern border and perhaps the northern border to stem the flow of this.
Speaker 13: Horde already underway. You've already shut down one border at El Passo. More carsladed for today, and quite frankly, we will want to send a message not just to the drug cartels and the terrorists and all that are in this country that worked hard to round up starting today, quite frankly, but we're going to send a message to the world. America is back, it is sovereign, it will defend its citizens at all costs in its borders, and quite frankly, you better be careful with American's citizens abroad, because we have the ability to find you anywhere you go.
Speaker 2: I'm just so excited. I'm so jazzed.
Speaker 1: And the fact that saying what we all have known for a long time that these cartels, these drug cartels, and these people cartels are foreign terrorist organizations.
Speaker 2: It's obvious, you know what.
Speaker 1: It's kind of like watching the president sign all the executive orders that he did and maybe continuing to do so as this week progresses. Michael Letz, I just so much of it. He talked about common sense, but it's just so obvious. I mean, why are people surprised at the obvious that Donald Trump is.
Speaker 13: Far the left liberal ideology has gotten from reality. Who would in their right mind want to allow child sex traffickers to continue to stay in this country? Who would want to allow drug cartales with pittanel to stay in this country? Makes absolutely no sense. And to have people, especially those in elected positions, stand up and say we're going to rally behind it because we're compassionate. You're not compassion You're stupid. Stupid can't be fixed.
Speaker 2: That's the old Ron White thing. You can't fix stupid, exactly right.
Speaker 1: So tell me how you were involved with the new administration through invest US say, and what are your plans as far as continuing to help our first responders and our police make sure they have the protection that they need. And are you working with the federal government in that regard as well?
Speaker 13: Without question, exactly our mandate and what we have agreed and we have told the administration, told the President, told Tom and Cash and the rest them is we stand ready to turn back this eeevil tide that has come against our law enforcement officers. We're going to make sure they properly equipped, properly protected, and given the due respect they so rightly deserve. And the other thing that we're going to do, let the liberals be put on notice now. It is no longer criminals first, and let's worry about whether they're comfortable, do we step on their toes or what do we do wrong? It is protection of the American citizen through our first responders first and foremost, and that is the way we're going to restore law and order in this great land.
Speaker 1: Amen, It's a good call. And I I tell you what, I'm so excited and so jazzed about what has A had for us. I don't know you've told me this before. But explain what invest USA actually does, Michael, and why your cause is so important to protecting the people who are hired to protect us, I e. Police law enforcement are What makes your vests different than the ones that are issued to the officers by each department.
Speaker 13: Well, let me give a quick overview. We started thirty years ago, and thirty years ago only fifty less than forty eight percent of officers, fifty two percent of cops had no vest, no protection at all. We got that down to nineteen percent. The vest that we were able to provide at that time was the only technology available. It's called a concealable vest.
Speaker 15: You wear it under your shirt.
Speaker 13: It will stop any pistol round because back in those days, nobody wanted to advertise.
Speaker 15: If they were a criminal.
Speaker 13: They tried to hide it with the smallest armament possible. Well, times are changed. Drug cartels and the others, they're using long range rifles AK forty seven and others, and they're very proud of it. Those will cut right through a consumable bess like their butter. So we had to create new technology called active shooter vests. They have titanium plates who will stop anything that's out on the market. The problem is ninety percent of cops today do not have this new technology. We're fixing to send them into harm's way starting today to make sure that we begin to round up these drug cartels, these terrorists, these child sex traffickers, these villains from across the country who are better armed and better protected than our people are. We're determined to make sure we turn that around. They have the tools necessary to protect themselves. So if there is ever a time for us to get behind our first responders, it's now. They're going to do their job with or without us, Thank God for that. But the least we could do as a country and as a people to show them how much we care.
Speaker 1: Well, the Golden Age of America, as President Trump has proclaimed this to be, is just beginning. Do you think it's also a golden age and a return to respect for law enforcement officers across the country.
Speaker 13: There's no question, and you know that is what we were talking about. Anyways, that was our first goal, to make sure they're all properly protected. Of course, we've merged and morphed into other things. Now we're trying to make sure that we establish programs to recruit law enforcement. You know, right now, nobody wants to wear a badge. We're trying to create a different image from our young people so they see the value of community service and of respect and how great it can be to be a servant to your fellow man and protective and protect their families and yours. We've got a lot of programs we're fixing the launch. We think it's going to make a huge diss in this country.
Speaker 1: You mentioned Cash Battel, who is the at least nominee to be the director of the FBI. How much of a difference. Does that make and will Cash Betel, in your estimation, be able to root out all of the trash that is currently the political trash and that's I'm sorry, they're people, but I called him political trash that has embedded itself in the Federal Bureau of Investigation?
Speaker 2: Is Cash Bettel the right guy to do this?
Speaker 13: Mike, he definitely is doing Cash. While we were down in more long room with Cash and Tom and quite frankly, here's a great thing about Cash.
Speaker 15: He is a pit bull.
Speaker 13: When he gets his teeth sunk in or he gets focused, he doesn't let go.
Speaker 15: He has seen because of his.
Speaker 13: Prior involvement with the administration in the last term classified information. He knows the files, he knows who the crop people are, and they better watch out because we're covered.
Speaker 1: Are you believing that there will be mass firings at the FBI, mass resignations.
Speaker 13: Or I believe mass resignations. Here's what you heard me, tuggle At. I just want to send a very clear message fire, resign whatever you want to do, but let me tell you if you use your position of trust to violate the law and to prosecute and to harm the American people, you will be held accountable. You better lawyer up now because it's coming.
Speaker 1: I talked to my friend Tim Hale, who is known as the criminally funny J sixer. He spent about three years in the Washington Gulag for just being at the Capitol on January sixth, twenty twenty one, and he said, this is this is the communication I got. I said, sir, I apologize for not responding sooner. We've been scrambling to force the DC Jail to release an inmate to us to bring to her family, but they're refusing to do their jobs after the pardon. And these people were they were expecting her and here's his ex post. They were expecting her her name's Rachel, to pick her up at three in the morning. They told us when we arrived her paperwork wouldn't be processed until seven. Now they want us to call back at eleven. Classic DC goulag. Nobody is held accountable for anything. The buck always gets past. The intimates are the collateral of gross incompetence and negligence. It would be one thing if these fat, lazy slabs were kicking the can down the road earlier this morning because they wanted the next shift to process or release. But the overnight shift is coming gone now the morning shift refuses to act. I mean, somebody needs to tell President Trump that this is going on.
Speaker 13: We'll make sure that communication gets done immediately, and I will tell you this. Let it be clearly understood. INVES is the biggest proponent of law enforcement in the country and in the world. However, you have an obligation. You don't do your job, and we will come down just as hard on you as we do on anybody else. The American people are tired of being lied to and being abused, and it will it hazarded. And the new day has arrived.
Speaker 2: Golden Age of America.
Speaker 1: I'm praying that this day would come, and it has and now I'm praying for its success.
Speaker 2: Michael Letts.
Speaker 1: I'm sure that you're going to be proud to be a part of that success when we have it, when we enjoy it together as Americans, all of us. But thank you so much for being on the show as all.
Speaker 13: Thank you, God, bless you, God blessed work. Keep putting out the truth because it's going to get better every day.
Speaker 1: I love it. Michael, let's with us on the nightcap. We continue in a moment on seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 3: Men, it's the news.
Speaker 1: He's worked for over three decades in and around DC politics. I wonder how he got to smell off immersed in economic advising and policy legislation from Capitol Hill. And he's also the author of Unprecedented Assault, How big Government unleashed America's socialist Left. This is not something that just started during the Biden administration, but believe you me, they, as JT says, cultivated this socialist left takeover of our federal government. And the larger it became, the more easy it was to exploit for those purposes.
Speaker 2: JT. Young, Welcome to the Nightcap, Gary.
Speaker 8: Thanks so much for having me on this auspicious night.
Speaker 1: Well, it's been an incredible day and a half so far, JT. In the Trump administration, all the executive orders yesterday, DOGE of course coming under fire immediately that they filed a lawsuit at twelve oh one this morning against DOGE, the Department of Government Efficiency, which Donald Trump has put together with Elon Musk. I guess vivek Ramaswami is backing away from that so he can run for governor in Ohio. And I know a lot of people who are pleased about that. But in any event, do you believe that Donald Trump has the chops?
Speaker 2: I know he's got the chops.
Speaker 1: Do you think he'll be able to cut through this millange of just bureaucratic bs and successfully bring the federal government closer back to the people as it's supposed to be, Or will will establishment Washington just to be too strong for anyone to reverse the tide? What are your hopes? What are your hopes and what are your expectations?
Speaker 8: Well, you know so much to unpack from that question. The first thing that comes to mind is a lawsuit. And it reminds me of an old adage that we used to say back home, which is that the stuck pig is the one that squeals the loudest. So I'm not surprised that there's been a lawsuit. Second, I think what's so important about what the President is doing is that for the first time, we're going to open the door to the attic and see up there. I think for so long the power of government has been that it's been unobserved that it's unmanageable. Yes, but it's also just uncounted that we can't get our arms around it. And I think this is for the first time that we're going to start to show the American people all the things that government does. Yes, we have a budget, and that certainly provides enough to make us concerned. I mean, we spend almost twenty five percent of the nation's economy is spent by the federal government. But that doesn't take into account the regulations which are uncounted. It doesn't take into account all the actions that the government can take will force you to take. They don't even count as regulations, losses, things like that. I think the thing that's so important is that we are starting a process. And as Ronald Reagan says, you know, one of the hardest things, if you ever wanted to see an example of perpetual life, go to you know, look at a government agency, and that the president is starting this and going to use that same dynamic against the government. I think and hope that this will then become something that's hard for other people to shut down. How are you going to be against government efficiency and looking and categorizing us. And as you've mentioned already, with the flurry of executive orders that we're.
Speaker 27: Seeing out there, the president can do a lot by himself, and hopefully the Department of Government Efficiency can start targeting things for executive action, and then the things that can't be done with executive action, hopefully those can be turned over into to Congress from laws and other ways to perceive here. But I am hopeful, and I'm hopeful again because it's the first time that anybody's wanted to do this.
Speaker 8: So you have to take hopeful that.
Speaker 1: Oh, I absolutely and I am wishing the best for our president and I voted for him, and I support Doze and everything else surrounding limiting federal government or at least lessening the influence of all of the lobbyists and all of the unelected bureaucrats who are making money off of our tax dollars and then concealing where that money is going. As you mentioned, and as you know, the Pentagon has failed what seven audits in a row, and hopefully with somebody like Pete Hegseth involved, that you are able to slice through. Because mean, the first, the first call in our Constitution for the federal government is to provide for the common defense. Obviously, the Department of Defense is vitally important to America's survival but there is all kinds of waste in that department and in every department in Washington, d C.
Speaker 2: It just seems like such a such.
Speaker 1: A huge mountain that you have to push through just to get a little bit of results for the American people.
Speaker 8: Yes, I completely agree, Gary, and I think you really identify the issue, which is, yes, the Department of Defense is vital.
Speaker 3: What we have there and the job.
Speaker 8: It has to do is crucial, but it's not doing that job as well as it could if it's wasting money. And we all know that. We know that from our own budgets. In other words, are you providing as well for your family as you could be providing for them if you're wasting money. No, some wasted money is not going to them. It's not going to help your family, and you want to stop it. And the same thing applies here to the Department of Defense. Money that's being wasted isn't going to our both need. It just needs to be Yes.
Speaker 1: As a former congressional political analyst and policy advisor JT My idea was for Trump to sign an executive order to bulldoze K Street and move the lobbyist out of Washington.
Speaker 2: Would that be a good start.
Speaker 8: Yeah, well, Jerry, we now have identified why you weren't elected president. But perhaps he should tap into your expertise because I know that there would be a great deal of concern over bulldozer's running down K Street. And if anything could navigate Washington traffic, especially in the last few days, it's a bulldozer.
Speaker 1: But I mean, there's no place, there's no place in our constitution that says that lobbyists should be dictating legislation. That is something that's post constitutional.
Speaker 8: Right, Well, yeah, and I think you raise a great point, and this needs to go into investigations that take place during this Congress and this administration, which is particularly in things like what was the role played by the teachers' unions in keeping schools closed during COVID absolutely and things like that. And this is not what the left wants to make it seem like, which is this is not a persecution. It is an investigation that needs to happen so that it does not happen again.
Speaker 1: The book is unprecedented assault how big government unleashed America's socialist left.
Speaker 2: The author is JT.
Speaker 1: Young, and he's been our guest for the last few minutes, and thank you so much for your time, sir.
Speaker 12: It's been a pleasure.
Speaker 8: I really enjoy talking to you and laughing with you.
Speaker 2: Well, I'm gonna get the bulldozer warmed up.
Speaker 1: Heading to DC baby take care jt up. Next, we will finish off with Richard Lyons on this nightcap.
Speaker 17: Open up our live stream on the iHeartRadio app and take a look at the screen. You see that little red circle with a microphone on it. That's our talkback feature. Push it and send us your thoughts on the current Tom Bank something you think we should discuss, or even which one of our personalities would be your perfect dream days.
Speaker 3: I'm thinking Jack Crumley the talkback beat.
Speaker 17: Check it out on seven hundred wlw's live stream on the iHeartRadio ad.
Speaker 10: The recent wildfires that ravaged Los Angeles now account for one of the large.
Speaker 1: Let's put a bow on this baby for this Tuesday evening up next to world historian, a political analyst, and someone we've had in the program before. That's why it was worth bringing him back. He's the author of Passages through the Shadows, the third volume in the Democracy series, The DNA of Democracy and Shadows of the Acropolis won Richard lyons. A good evening, sir, and it has been a great day and a half so far.
Speaker 2: Don't you think, Oh.
Speaker 28: It's just I think the whole spirit of the country has changed, literally overnight. It's wonderful.
Speaker 1: I felt that way on November sixth, that all of a sudden there was a pep in people's step that hadn't been there before, and there was hope again. And it's been a long time waiting for January twentieth, though it couldn't come soon enough for most Americans. And among the things that the President signed as executive orders was the release of fifteen hundred, as he called them, January sixth hostages, and of course the executive orders on our Mexican brother on our southern border and on our northern border are the most crucial things to restoring America back as a sovereign country and a country for American citizens first, in such a stark contrast to what we've seen the last four years.
Speaker 28: No, yes, and you know, everybody is impacted by what has happened in the past four years, Gary, because when you have an open border like that, you have criminal gangs literally running the traffic. You get all these people from backgrounds. You have no idea who they are, and they're given literally free transportation to sanctuary cities where they can set up shop as drug dealers or sex traffickers. And and this with the shield of the Democratic Party to protect them, and with Democratic mayors defunding their own police and so forth. It's just it has been a bizarre episode in American history. I think it really has to be detailed so that it never happens again.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And it's not.
Speaker 1: As much a matter of you say it has to be detailed. It's not as matter of much of you know, reciprocity or getting back at the people who did this to us. It's more about moving forward and leaving it all behind in the dustbin of history. I mean, that's the important thing. Donald Trump said his revenge would be success and.
Speaker 28: Nou and I agree with that.
Speaker 12: But it should also be detailed.
Speaker 28: You know, the lying of the media, the lying of Democrats, the way they set up this organization. This all has to be known and not covered up.
Speaker 1: Oh no, absolutely, this is about transparency. There was nobody more transparent than Donald Trump. Last night in the Oval Office, after an almost fifteen hour day at that point, taking impromptu questions from a press pool as he signed the executive orders.
Speaker 2: It was just, yeah, I thought that classic Trump.
Speaker 1: You know, he would take he would take the executive order, and they would explain to him what it was. He said, oh, that's a big one. And somebody would ask a question, is he's signing his name? And he'd answer the question. And it was totally not even to do with the executive order. He just signed just things that he'd promised to do and things that he'd still had yet to sign. It was marvelous theater, for sure, but it was so necessary to get America back and this morning, go ahead.
Speaker 28: What an American story he is. I mean that that is what America is about about creating people like a Donald Trump, who has just this set of gifts that are perfectly adapted to the necessity of his being in office. And this whole last ten years of his story is utterly remarkable.
Speaker 1: In your trilogy, The DNA of Democracy and Shadows of the Acropolis, the latestest passages through the Shadows, do you feel like we've moved out of the shadows now, Richard?
Speaker 12: No, I don't.
Speaker 28: I think it's only beginning, Gary, because you don't just have to push back on the administrative state or push back on bad actors in the say the DJ or the FBI. You have to have an understanding of how the country was created and how over one hundred for over one hundred years, power is concentrated in Washington, d C.
Speaker 12: To the point where the.
Speaker 28: Democrat Party thought they could control power forever by attacking their political opponents. That is, that is contrary to everything America stands for and was created for. So people have to understand this is going to be a fight for the next generation of containing power.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I agree, and I don't think that the fight is over. I wasn't trying to assume that. It just seems like we're seeing some breaks in the clouds.
Speaker 2: When you talked about.
Speaker 12: The great start, it's a great start.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 1: The previous administration was tagged with being incompetent on so many levels, and so much of the left appears incompetent. But that's exactly what their masters want them to do. They just do their bidding and forget about the job they're actually elected to do. Their job is to be incompetent boobs.
Speaker 28: Basically, well, actually, if you if you think about their border policy and sanctuary city policy and defunding the police policy. It was all a great success.
Speaker 12: In their eyes. Oh so just two other Americans.
Speaker 28: It looks incompetent, but it's actually they did what they wanted to do, so we shouldn't think it was an accident.
Speaker 1: No, And Joe Biden in his final address saying that he was proud of what they had accomplished. And I believe that Joe thinks that they did a great job. But for more than half the country, the attitude's a little bit different, as it should.
Speaker 28: Be, Thank Heaven, it's more than half. I can't believe it's not eighty percent. Oh, I know of the country that would want Democrats out of power.
Speaker 1: I was talking earlier with another guest and I said, you know, Donald Trump has called these common sense executive orders and common sense agendas, but they're just so obvious, Like you said, surprised that eighty percent of the country isn't behind Donald Trump, be they Republican or Democrat, because.
Speaker 2: It's so obvious.
Speaker 28: I heard something interesting from Newt Gingrich. He really believes there's going to be a civil war in the Democrat Party. And I think you can see it there's because it's the hardline socialists that have been at war for all these decades trying to concentrate power, and now there's going to have to be some part of that party that wants to get elected again, and so they have to move toward Trump issues, you know what I mean. So it'll be interesting to see. But I really think if if half the Democrat party knew what they were, what they really were, they wouldn't be Democrats.
Speaker 1: No, no, and and the other half if they admitted what they really were, they'd consider what they.
Speaker 2: Consider themselves Marxists and.
Speaker 28: Exactly they'd have to carry a gun.
Speaker 1: Richard Lyons, thank you so much for a little bit of time tonight again. Passages through the Shadows, the third volume in the Democracy series of Richard C. Lyons, if a great rate, I'm certain, and I plan on making that track through the with.
Speaker 28: You, Okay, Gary, I appreciate it.
Speaker 1: You got it, Richard Lyons with us as we close out this night cap day two of the Trump presidency, and we finished the way we like to with the playing of our national anthem to honor America. Here is our Star Spangled banner. Be proud again. America is back seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 3: News Traffic and Weather News Radio seven hundred WLW Cincinnati.
Speaker 14: Hey welcome relief after fifteen months of a deadly and destructive war. With the midnight report i'mley mawen breaking Now, Jewish settlers rampage several Palestinian villages overnight, torching homes and cars, Palestinian health officials reporting over a dozen injured. The Israeli Army dispersing the rioters but arriving too late to prevent the damage. The IDF launching an investigation, but it's unclear if any arrests have been made. Defense Minister Israel Katz condemning the violence against Palestinians, saying settlers must be prosecuted. As violence intensifies in the West Bank, quiet has settled of Agaza ABC's Jordana Miller.
Speaker 20: The Gaza ceasefire holding on day three with no violations by Israel nor Hamas. Gozins in the South returning to their homes, but most finding them in rubble, the majority of streets and buildings severely damaged in both Rafa and Hanyunis. In Israel, the three released female hostages still in hospital undergoing medical tests. Doctors say they are in decent condition, considering they spent four hundred and seventy one days in captivity. Hamas set to release four more Israeli female hostages on Saturday. Geordana Miller ABC News Jerusalem.
Speaker 14: Now the latest traffic and weather together. No accidents to report in Ohio, Kentucky or Indiana. You're looking good, Cincinnati Now.
Speaker 17: The latest forecast from the No Fear Dentist Weather Center. Advanced Dentistry the thought of the dentist making you a nervous wreck.
Speaker 3: We're here for you, No Fear Dentist dot Com.
Speaker 6: As we head to our Wednesday morning, it stays clear. We'll see a seven am temperature of zero wind chills though down to fifteen below. As for the rest of our Wednesday, partly sunny, a high twenty three at night, increasing clouds. We're down to sixteen from your severe weather station. I'm nine First Warning Chief Meteorologist Steve Rawley, News Radio seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 14: The radar is clear, It's negative two degrees, feels like negative two as the cold weather advisory set to expire at ten o'clock this morning, but several schools are delayed or closed for the day. Check out our full list at seven hundred WLW dot com, then click the news and closing section and our menu top left of the page. Clark County Prosecutor Dan Driscoll says four men from Chile in custody and under indictment in his county.
Speaker 2: Three different charges.
Speaker 10: Actually a participation in a gang, engaging in a pattern of corrupt activity, and possession of criminal tools.
Speaker 2: All of those are felonies.
Speaker 3: Buddy won't comment on the facts of the case.
Speaker 14: The arrest of those men involve a burglary task force created by Ohio Attorney General Dave Yost to investigate a series of home break ins in Hambling County led by the Indian Hill Police. A statement from Yost's office describes the crimes as targeting multimillion dollar homes, no official confirmation of that includes Joe Burrow's home, who was broken into on December ninth. A West Price Hill shooting leaves a man dead Tuesday night. It happened at a home on Seabow Lane around nine. A vehicle reportedly drove by and fired into a house. The victim was a male in his mid twenties to thirties. No other information is available at this time, but CINCINNTA police counted over fifteen shellcases of the scene.
Speaker 3: Seven one hundred WLW Sports.
Speaker 2: Your college basketball scores.
Speaker 14: Texas Tech over UC eighty one seventy one, Dayton over Duquane on the road eighty two sixty two, and Miami their first eight game winning streak since the ninety six ninety seven season. They topple Bowling Green eighty four seventy six, the Bengals extending tight end Cam Grandy for another year. And today on the Big one' z Tavier will visit number twenty. Saint John's pregame coverage starts at six thirty, and on Fox Sports thirteen sixty, it's UC women's basketball visiting Arizona that starts at seven forty five. Our next update is that twelve thirty, I'mley Moowe News Radio seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 2: Hey, it's Bobby Bones.
Speaker 4: Join me in former NFL quarterback Matt Castle for our new podcast