Speaker 1: Stuck at home, bored and alone. You'd think I could have some fun on.
Speaker 2: My own, but not all. I called AF with Cecily and Stephanie.
Speaker 1: Hey, everybody, it is bored AF Patreon and we're doing something a little different.
Speaker 2: Not really, it's not really no, not at all. We're taking We're bringing you something that's a little I'm gonna just say a little twisty. It's a little twisty. It's like, that's that's the new word I'm using. It's twisty turney. It's topsy turvy.
Speaker 1: It's going one way and then it might go another way. You just don't you can't know. Can you start?
Speaker 2: I'll bring you into this kind. I have a lot. I have a lot of thoughts on this. We're gonna be talking today about Lindy West, which he wrote about the Modern Love you know column New York Times, Lindy West to Lindy West. If you don't know, she was a writer first, right? Yeah?
Speaker 1: Should I give you a little background on her? Do you want to give us a little background? Give you Lindy West wikipedia little flavor. She's an American writer, comedian, and activist. She's a comedian, She's the author of the essay collections Shrill. I feel like everybody knows that book notes from a loud woman, The Witches are coming and shit actually so. Topics she writes about include feminism, pop culture, film, and the fat acceptance movement, which we're against. Well, Cecily is Cesily is totally I am against it. Yeah, you're against it, but just in a different way. Yeah, I'm yeah. I want people to just Yeah, that's a joke, guys, We're kidding.
Speaker 2: She and she has got It's funny. When we started talking about her, we're like, wait, what is it? How do we feel about her? Because we remember bird something happened, but we can't remember what it was like she she was annoying in one setting and I can't remember the setting. Well I do.
Speaker 1: I kind of remember what it was, and it was there was a time when the I don't want to say the left, it was. It was there was a time when people who are progressive were getting a very a little crazy and then celebrating themselves for their craziness kind of like, which is sort of what the book Trill like.
Speaker 2: I'm just that what the show was based on was Shrill. The TV show based on her book, Oh was it? It was really good on Hulu with What's her Face? Who? I love Addie, Addie Bryant, Ohky Bryant. Maybe as I don't know. I liked that show. Okay, so she I mean, I would look, but I have this story up so I can look in a second.
Speaker 1: Okay, let's here. I'll give you like a little bit more so that. Okay. She was a staff writer for Jezebelabelle was a little irritating.
Speaker 2: I got quoted of Jezebel once and I was so excited. Oh really she wrote me because of that.
Speaker 1: So she wrote a lot about like sexism and good for her, you know. Describing Wes's often comedic approach to serious issues, Dana order Ici wrote in The New York Times that West has changed more minds this way than you can count. One of the most distinctive voices advancing feminist politics through humor, she is behind a handful of popular pieces. How to make a rape joke on Jezebel, Hello I Am Fat on the Stranger's blog, asks not for whom the bell trolls, It trolls for THEE on This American Life. Yeah, so she's trying to shift main attitudes about like, you know, fat stuff. Yeah about Kurt, Oh did you know this Kurt Metzker in twenty thirteen, Kurt Metzger, who's a comedian who's not a writer for Amy. Yeah, and he's pretty problematic. He feuded with Lindy and Jude Doyle via Facebook and Twitter during a defense of rape humor. Okay, maybe that's.
Speaker 2: What it was. Okay, but we wouldn't have been on his side, So I don't know. We're not sure how, we are not sure, but whatever, we had a feeling. But but then we got the feeling again. This this thing popped up, this photo and this article popped up in all of our feeds, not all we all follow different things, but in my algorithm, and it just says Lindy West thought she couldn't handle h lamp, I would glamory polyamory. Sorry, I thought she couldn't handle polyamory. She was wrong. Oh that's funny. When I first read it and said it to you, I was like, Okay, I love it. She tried to get all up in it but couldn't. But she did the exact opposite of what I get it now, So let's get into this First off, I have a little bit I listen. It's very common right now on the apps. Anytime you swipe and there's like kind of a good looking at you're like, what's wrong with them? And then you look at the first thing and it's like my wife and I was so happy, can't wait for you to meet her. They're so it's so in right now. I don't know if it's in all over the world or if it's just like an la New York thing. It feels very la to me, like like somebody gave somebody a mantra. This just feels But I do know that it does work for some people. I have a couple friends. They both they both happen to be guys, and I have not met their ladies. Well, one of them just split up with somebody, and I wanted to be like, did you split up with all of them or just the one? Because you're all sad. It seems like you'd be MOPI times five, right, So I don't get it. But there's like I guess there's like a main squeeze that they marry or something, and then when that splits, it all falls apart. But you date with the date yet it's very organized. These people very very organized.
Speaker 1: Now I could be completely wrong, Okay, so I could just be talking out of my ask, but it feels from people, from some other people that I've known that have done this, that it kind of benefits the guy usually more than the woman. I mean, it seems to be usually the guy that has more, you know, girlfriends.
Speaker 2: And think about it, the only difference between polyamory and polygamy is the getting married part. Like, it's weird that we're like, polygamy is outlawed, you can't marry all these ladies, but polyamory is the coolest thing ever. Good luck everybody. Not that you would ever outlaw how somebody wants to date, you.
Speaker 1: Know, well, you would outlaw how somebody wants to marry multiple people.
Speaker 2: They're not weird. We shouldn't even outlaw polygamy. If people want to fucking do it, do it. I don't care.
Speaker 1: Do I care?
Speaker 2: Why would we care? I guess legal, I mean, why would we I don't think we should stop whoever wants to marry. If they're all consenting and willing participants, then why do we outlaw polygamy and embrace polyamory? It makes no fucking sense.
Speaker 1: You know what, that's a really good point.
Speaker 2: I don't want any part of it that said personally, oh thank you, no, thank you. But I guess Lindy had a different vibe feel about this, So I'm going to read what was I think about?
Speaker 1: I think what what caught people about this was the fact that she's very as she you know, self proclaimed shrill, which means that she's super opinionated and super feminist. And it feels, I think it would feel to most people like, oh, but you're willing to like, but you're not good enough for guided to be committed to you.
Speaker 2: You have to share and they can date too. She could have boyfriends too. It's very open. It's just like open and they have they have their set boundaries and stuff that is not like yeah, so and just you know, have an idea. She's in this picture. She's got very very short baby banks, pink hair and nose ring, lots of tuttooes. That's what's going on here. Lot going on.
Speaker 1: I feel like that's kind of the polyamory uniform.
Speaker 2: Yes, it's funny you say that, because I was gonna say that, but I didn't know if that was the right thing. To say because a friend of mine said, let me say it. Well, I just was like, I don't know because my friend said a guy friend said that to me. When when it was proposed to me, I was like, oh, that is so not my thing. It's hard for me to say no to anything that's like not my thing. I'm just but this was such a hard no. There's so many things like I was like, oh, yeah, no, this isn't going to be difficult for me not into it. And then my friend was like, yeah, do you ever look at those worlds like they're not like the hot It's not like like the hotest people. Right. I'm not sure why that is a rod stereotype. There are people listening that are probably polyamorous, and then there are hot as fuck. Prove us wrong out yourselves.
Speaker 1: Well, I think it's the same idea as a lot of nudists are not anything that you'd pay money to look at, you know what I mean.
Speaker 2: That's right, that's right. It's unfortunate that that's the way it often goes, but it is okay. So this woman, Anne Martin wrote about this after interviewing her Lindy, and she started out with whether non monogamy comes up in conversation with my friends. We are thirty somethings in Brooklyn, so this is already going to be a little different than how we see things. Well, we don't even it doesn't matter what she says, So she says the writer Lindy West hoped non monogamy would stay hypothetical for her too. At the end of her Moving and Hilario's first memore, Okay, Shrill, she marries the love of her life. She calls them Aham because it's hard to pronounce his name. But there was something she didn't share with the readers at the time. Aham did not want their relationship to be monogamous, and while Lindy agreed to this in theory, she hoped it would never become an issue. So this is the interview. So Anne is like, Lindy, towards the hand your book, you got married to your husband A and I think that's in the I think that's in Shrill too. It might be a hom ah a m it was a big deal for you. And then she's like, well, I haven't thought about it in a while. I love that. Lindy's first response in this thing is like Hmmm, we've been married so long, I don't even remember what it was like to be Yeah, I haven't even thought about that moment. Yeah, but she does say she always is kind of lonely and single and sad in yearning and growing up. And this is her words in a fat Body, people tell you no one will ever love you unless you fix your body. Then, being a very visual woman on the Internet, strangers are just telling me every single day. So that's really sad. So she talks about that a little bit. So then Martin asked again, so when you got married, what did you hope your future would look like? Like, let's get into this right right, She's like, I just imagined we would stay on that sort of traditional track. I thought we would have a baby and buy a house and continue to work together. A hom is an artist, and I work on his shows nearly helps me with my writing, and I think I envisioned as a happy marriage. And then Martin's like, wholl, It's interesting that you bring up the word classic because you have that book out it's called Adult Races, and in this book you share a piece of information about your marriage to a hom Sorry, and that was not classic. You sure he was non monogamous. So she's like, yeah, we briefly broke up in twenty eleven. She goes on to things that were not going right in her life. She says, I've been divorced, she'd been well, her dad passed, a tree fell in her house, bad time.
Speaker 1: So she was engaged. So they broke off the engagement because of those things.
Speaker 2: Well I'm not sure what the timeline, but she does say she'd already been divorced twice by the age of twenty seven. Wow. Information. Yeah, she's twenty seven getting married for a third time.
Speaker 1: So she's a little difficult as it is. So maybe she's like, shit, last chance, this guy wants to fuck other people? Okay, I guess right, right, yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah. So she's like, so Martin said, emotionally, how was this all hitting you? And she's like, yeah, it made intellectual sense to me, and in fact, it always made intellectual sense to me. Pallamory. I was like, I understand how this works and why people do it. I just don't personally have the self esteem to cope with it. For me, I don't think it's the self esteem. I think it's just annoying to me. It's just I'm finding it annoying facing it a lot. Wow.
Speaker 1: Why Well for me, I think it would be kind of a self esteem thing, but also like I don't want to have to compete for like my person, Like I don't want to have to go like, well, what am I coming home to tonight? Like or if i'm you know, what is it going to be? Like, oh, I'm on my period. Well that hasn't happened in twenty feve And that's like in Big Love, they would have issues like that. Imagine having to be married to Bill Paxton. Imagine your sister you have to like all these you're not sister wives because you're not married, although they are, I guess, but only one.
Speaker 2: There's a main couple that gets married. So that's kind of how it works. So she said, so Wes said. So, it wasn't him saying I'm going to go out and date people. We were a couple who loved each other desperately getting back together. So this wasn't a moment when either of us were like, Okay, I want to go out and find someone else. Where we landed was if we want to be together for the rest of our lives. Who knows what's going to happen in ten twenty years now? That makes sense to me. Now that kind of makes sense, Like, you don't know in twenty years if you're going to want to have an affair or something.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but it all passed. Well, that doesn't make sense to me at all. That's like, okay, so you're going into it going like I mean, chances are not great. It's like, well, then don't get married then, just be bo said friend.
Speaker 2: She's like, once it was reframed as something that we were going to deal with eventually, and I love to procrastinate. I love to put things off. So they're kicking the can. Okay. So she's like, which was unfair to him because he really was telling me something that was important to him. So I get that too. She's like, it's never going to happen, this is going to happen.
Speaker 1: Well, so it also depends on how he was phrasing it, because I could also imagine the guy being like, I mean what if like and you're like, okay, but we're together, so like that's probably not going to happen. And yeah, a month later, he's like, Hey, I met somebody I.
Speaker 2: Want to bang this lady I like you to bang her too. That's my impression. Okay, go on, he said it says this is weird. She said. So every time a hom ahm initiated any kind of hard conversation, even if it was just like, you need to do the dishes right after you cook. We're going to hold on that for a second. Yeah, I would pick someone some feminist. Oh this might be where we lost our way with her. What what what you know?
Speaker 1: Even just when he would say like, hey, I've got to smack you, I've got to just have give you a corrective, I'd be like, what that hurts?
Speaker 2: You got a smart mouth? Hey, oh, next we're gonna have to talk about polyamory again. Oh my god, let me read that again. Even if it was something just like this is sposed to be the simple thing, the light thing, you need to do the dishes right after you cook, I would react like someone was chasing me with a knife. Well, I mean, yeah, okay, there's different things that play here, I feel like and then she's so okay. So she was scared every conversation was going to be like I'm dating someone. As we just discussed, right, what a horrible way to live.
Speaker 1: I know, I don't like this guy. I'm glad she does any of this.
Speaker 2: Okay, So he's so, she says, in twenty nineteen, I found out someone who knew what a Ham looks like and had seen him kissing someone at a bar. I don't like that either, because I know thought the whole thing was that you're open. Like the guy that I met was so nice, by the way, and he does live this lifestyle and tried to sort of explain it to me. But the idea is that it's so on the up and up right, it's cheating. In fact, it's like the opposite. It's so it's like think James Spader and like what was that show the lies, Sexalize and videotape that he couldn't not be honest that was part of his like healing, right.
Speaker 1: So yeah, this this is terrible. Ah.
Speaker 2: So someone saw him kissing someone at a bar.
Speaker 1: Aha Aha.
Speaker 2: I went home and we talked for the rest of the night, and at this point he had some sort of he had come to some sort of conclusion that we couldn't resolve this, which is why he went ahead and started dating this person.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, God, that is such a fucking gross thing to say. Well, I just could tell that you weren't really gonna want to talk about it, so I just decided to just do it. You're married.
Speaker 2: So Martin said, did you feel like you were losing him then? And She's like, yes, I felt like I was losing him, but I was determined to win. I was like, you're being crazy. I'm the greatest person alive because I also have high self esteem in addition to low self esteem. I let myself be angry and every possible direction, which was cathartic. And there's a picture of her that i't want to talk about.
Speaker 1: Then she says, finding out one of the reasons we were irritated by her because she is hypocritical, okay.
Speaker 2: And we're all you know, we're all complicated being right. I get that. So then so Martin says, well, at this point, did you ask more questions about this person that ham was seeing? Did you start did you get curious? And Wes says nope. Well I think I was like, don't tell me anything about this stupid person. I don't want to know. I was like full child self having a tantrum. Girl, No, you were not having a tea from.
Speaker 1: Your husband was cheating on. Oh my god, Oh gosh, I just really overreact.
Speaker 2: Yeah, oh, it's just me being like. So then she's like, I was like, is she prettier than me? Do you love her more than me? Do you guys laugh at me? Of course you're gonna ask those questions, right I'm asking them, Okay, go on, I'm asking those questions about him, about ham feeling about me. I got to get in there. So Martin said, do you remember what he said to that question? And she said, he said no, he said she he's a oh race herself. She said, he said, she's a really good person and you're just different. You're my wife. I don't love anyone more than you. Oh my god. That makes me want to vomit. And I am i'mware near this relationship.
Speaker 1: So grossed out right now.
Speaker 2: You're being so judgmental, but I can't help it. This is crazy.
Speaker 1: But it's also because why are we getting a New York Times Like what are what is there to learn? Because the point of this is that it ended up being great? So where did let's get to the great part? I guess Okay, okay, So she's like, I didn't understand. I was like, man, we found the best thing. We're best friends and we get to hang out.
Speaker 2: Blah blah blah. Okay. So, so Martin says, eventually you were kind of forced to reckon with the fact that this person at Ham was dating was a pretty big part of his life. Tell me how you found that out and how it made you feel. Oh my god, this reporter is just trying to kill her. She said. He told me that her name was Roya. Oh and she was, and she was one of the artistic directors of events you in Portland. I am every ounce of me. It's like if my arms could throw up, they would throw up. She's an artistic her name's Roya. She made that name up. It's of the land. She director of a venue in Portland and had been and that had put on one of his shows as an artist. Yeah, started sucking her yes exactly. So this was nothing on the up and up. Just decided he wanted to be with this other person because they wouldn't talk about it, he said. She said, So I actually met her. This is Lindy talking. And she was so nice and just so just a little, tiny, little beautiful goth.
Speaker 1: Oh my god.
Speaker 2: I she was a tiny, little, beautiful goth but very much of of the inverse of me in a lot of ways. And of course it made me feel wildly insecure. Okay, which she's all over the place. She's like, wonderful, it's wonderful. I felt really crazy. She's like one hundred pounds. It was so weird. They've been making out a really time. So Martin says, so a Ham sat you down, and I was like, so, I need to tell you more about this person. Wes says yes, because, oh my god, She goes yes, because her best friend died and she needed her support system there, and a Ham was part of the support system and a Ham needed to go to Portland. Wait a minute, so they didn't even live in Portland.
Speaker 1: What are you fucking kidding me?
Speaker 2: Hey? Wait, needed to go to Porland, like move there, she said. And I remember being mad and being like I'm not ready, but then being like, but I don't want to be the kind of person that says someone important to you is in the unimagined and in unimaginable pain. I'm not gonna I can't say no, you need to stay here with me, Yes, you can. Her husband, By god, I'm I'm kidding. So I like can't breathe. This is it. He says, it's crazy. And then she goes and simultaneously, I'm doing all this work and there, most of which is about me kind of remembering who I am. It's not working, it's not no, but apparently it did. All right, I'll skip because she talks a lot here about all that. So Martin's like, you're doing this personal work and you decide to embark on a kind of adventure of self discovery. The way these interview questions are written are I've done this before where I've done an interview and I had to reframe my questions based on the whatever they spewed. Sometimes you'll interview someone and they'll just talk and talk and talk, so you kind of have to insert questions that you didn't really ask. You ever done that? Yes, yeah, Like so that is clearly what's happening here, because she said all this and it's such long answers, and Martin's like, so, you're doing this personal work and you decide to embark on a kind of adventure of self discovery. The Great American road Trip. Oh, this road trip factored into the work you were doing. Yeah, I'm sure that's all.
Speaker 1: We're going to bring it back to the work, like, Okay, this bitch is getting cheated on so bad with some goth sprite who probably wears like fairy wings all the time, and you're going to go, like, but how did that play into your work? Your important work? She goes.
Speaker 2: So she's like, so I woke up one day this is what Wes said. And she's like, I was like, ah, I think I need to rent a van and go on a road trip by myself to Florida.
Speaker 1: I'm just that's okay.
Speaker 2: So, uh we do this, and Martin's like, this feels powerful. She's like, yeah, it did feel powerful, And I don't want it to sound like I'm sort of like rationalizing how to do non monogamy or like convincing myself to do it because ahem wants it. By this point, I'm feeling this freedom and lightness and openness and it feels very true to me at this point. Right, let's get to when they hook up. Let's get to let's get to the sex. I wonder if she does ever hook up with the woman say, uh, okay, let's say there's nothing more electric than finding out someone has Oh okay, so what's your contact with Aham while you're on the road. Contact is sporadic but intense, says Lindy. But a kind of pivotal thing happened right before I left where I was like, what does Roya think about me? And he was like, well, she has a crash on you? And I was like, eggs scales mere. First off, sorry, that is one oh one bullshit.
Speaker 1: Oh my god.
Speaker 2: I've had a guys there that's like, you would you want to do a threesome? Because my friend thinks you're really cute? No she doesn't, No, No, she doesn't know. Your friend doesn't think I'm cute. Stop. Roya has a little bit of a crush on you, Lindy. So then so she's excited about that. She's like it was powerful. I was like, oh oh uh, and she said, how do I know that? She's not just trying to get rid of me so that you guys can be together. She's not out there thinking the vile stuff that is happening in my head. She's out there thinking, oh, Lindy's beautiful and she seems really smart and interesting. I would love to get to know Lindy, which is how the whole thing's supposed to work in the first place. I guess, well, I love.
Speaker 1: Her, that's only that's only brought on by him telling her this bullshit. Right, we don't know if any of this.
Speaker 2: I got to go to Portland and live there to find out more about what Roya thinks about you. With that, is that going to be a problem. So she's processing all her feelings. I'm skipping a lot on the road trip about Roya. She starts thinking about Roya, and she's soothed by that feeling of safety. She feels safe. Now she's like she's feeling.
Speaker 1: Because roy has a crush on her.
Speaker 2: Okay, okay, so uh so, Martin asked, So the circumstance of Aham and Roya's relationship hasn't changed. If anything, there they've intensified. Right Again, the interviewer couldn't have known this unless she had just viewed all that. Right, you have to stick that in. Sorry, So the safety you feel, that's you. You created that safety.
Speaker 1: No, that's the interviewer.
Speaker 2: She says, absolutely, and that's why it was different. The trip continues, and I'm talking to Aham more and more about Roya, and I believe ahem sent me a sexy underwear pick of with her consent, and I was like, okay, you can tell her that she's that's a beautiful photo. I'm such a dork, Stephanie. She's not like other girls. I got a lot of these things. She's totally a doork, just like us. Yes, but she's like, ohrdlert nerd alert Roya. Like if Roya really sent this beautiful photo of herself and I'm sure she did, go ahead and tell her she's hot, I'm so dorky. Oh my god, oh my god, oh me, that's been yeah, okay, okay. So she's like yeah. And then I think I was feeling sexy for once in my life, and I say, I sent aham a cute picture in my underpants and I was like, I think you could show this to Roya if you want. And then she texted and then and then she texted me and was like you look so sexy, And I was like, what am I doing? This is a crazy thing to be doing, dork, And so she's like, yeah, this is crazy. I'm brave in certain ways. I mean, in many ways, I'm not brave. This is one of the ways in which I'm not so, Martin says sexually. Yeah, I guess I think I was making myself Okay. So it goes on and on about how vulnerable she is and like, oh my god, I can't believe I'm doing something so impulsive. But it just feels right to me in this moment. And let's not think everything to death.
Speaker 1: Why don't I just feel right Licky to fight for my husband in this moment, to just like not give up so easily. Yeah.
Speaker 2: So then after the sexy picture, she's like, it became clear. The next thing we need to do is hop on a call and discuss what the heck's going on. She's oh my god, Roya video called me because remember they're together, Yes, yes, yes, because she needs she needs him.
Speaker 1: She's going through some stuff.
Speaker 2: Ham and Roya. But also also let me point out that Lindy had just gone through some stuff just before they had gotten married, right.
Speaker 1: But when Lod was going through some stuff, he couldn't handle it. It was like, that's too much.
Speaker 2: It's polyamory or nothing, bitch. Now he and roy are together in Portland, they video call her. She says, there was definitely incredible tension in the air. I think we're all like, oh my god, oh my god, oh my god.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the tension wasn't what you think it is, but go ahead.
Speaker 2: She was also, I didn't want to make it sound easy because there's still the part of me that's terrified. And so it's like, okay, there's two wolves, all right, we don't need to talk about the wolves. No, it so hold on And then I'm trying to use my new skills from therapy to stay in the moment with what's actually happening in front of me, which is that I'm feeling really connected with this person who's beautiful and sweet and kind and funny and smart and who loves ahem and I love Ahem. So it was kind of a complicated video call. Then Martin's like, so after a month when you came back to Seattle, was Roya there? Okay, so they lived in Seattle. He'd gone off to Portland to be with Roya. Now she's come back. It was Roya there. No. But later Aham had a show, like an art show, and I suggested, why does not Roya come up to Seattle. We'll see what happens. I went by myself to pick her up. Oh, Lindy is doing the thing. She was so pretty and she's just so sunny and so smiley. And then we went to the show and roy and I held hands and then we went to a bar and roy and I were sitting next to each other talking and then some drunk guy came by and grabbed her arm and I was like, I'm gonna fucking kill that guy. And okay, all right, Lindy, now you're getting weirdly territorial about Roya. Yes, And the feeling was like, that's my girlfriend. Why would you think you could just touch her? And then we went to the hotel and we had sex. It was really fun. Oh oh okay, So Martin asks, the three of you, you, Roya, and a hom are just the two of you, you and Roya, the three of us as Lindy, of course you think Aham's gonna be like, yeah, you guys, go ahead, three of us. And it was really fun and hot. And I'm skipping over that because I don't really like to talk about sex. But then the cutest part of the night is ahm ahm had insomnia is never asleep, but Roya fell asleep in my arms. We slept the whole night, and I was like, why was this so comfortable, so sweet and peaceful and easy and safe? She says, Oh my god, I felt like a sign of something being great. Okay, let's skip to see if they're still together. So they announce it in twenty twenty two that this is what they're polyamorous, and she said, yeah, we are a romantic triad. Some would just call it a throuttle. I think, right, I think so. Yeah, we didn't really know how to launch. Why do you have to launch? That's my question? Because it felt intrusive and stressful and I felt resentful, blah blah blah, Like why do I have to explain it? Skipping skipping, she said, I felt freedom for myself. I have now two people who love me instead of one, and it's really just three people that live in a house instead of two, and we all help with the dishes, so you know, with those dishes that have to be done. Guys stops, Yes, exactly mine again again like okay, so she doesn't get to just decide if she wants to have a different boyfriend.
Speaker 1: Well, it has to be that guy. No, it has to be because well she can she can have sex, right, But so she so he shout he found her and Lindy has to go along with it. I'm just saying, like, it's not like if Lindy just went and met some guy and then he would have to have sex with the guy, you know what I mean?
Speaker 2: I wonder who pays for their mortgage now, Martin says, So Lindy's like, yeah, we're all three together going into year five, and she's like, yeah, so feels good. But yeah, no mention of other dudes. Maybe she just doesn't want to talk about that.
Speaker 1: No. I just don't think that's a thing. I think she had to get comfortable with he's going to have two women, and that's I think how a lot of these situations are.
Speaker 2: But it can be a thing. In real polyamory, you are, it is open. I think.
Speaker 1: Well, in like polygamy, it's never it's always the guy has a few wives. It's never like the woman has a few husbands.
Speaker 2: You remember I met when I first moved here. I worked for this company, and they were in a there was there were three wives, yes, yes, three wives, and they lied and they were pretending they were like, oh, it's just so it is polyamory. We met at Berkeley. It just super wild and none of it really made sense. And then years later they're like, is that what we told you? No, we were Mormons. We've left the church. They left, all but one of them left, the guy who was creepy. Right, But yeah, okay, so I guess we started out judgmental. But now we're all looking for like a triad.
Speaker 1: Sure, yeah, so we're to judge.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Oh, they have apps for that field, all kinds of apps.
Speaker 1: So we're taking applications. Like, I don't want to go on apps. I'm just saying we're taking you can apply right with the job anyway.
Speaker 2: That's what happened. If we sound judge, we were not trying to. I think it does work for some people. Sure, I think it's a little I think hearing her tell the story doesn't do her any favors. But it's her life and her man man's and her woman's.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I I I ping