Speaker 1: And now your host for Marongo Casino Dodgers on Deck.
Speaker 2: Tam Case, Hi everybody, and welcome in to Morongo Casino Dodgers on Deck. Help you're well on this cool, beautiful Monday afternoon here in southern California. You're Los Angeles Dodgers eighty eight and sixty one on this season, first place atop the NL West. They're leading the division three and a half games over the Padres. After dropping the first two games in Atlanta, the Dodgers bounce back with a big win yesterday tonight, the final game of the series in Atlanta.
Speaker 3: Yoshinobu Yamamoto on the mount.
Speaker 2: Of the series finale, first pitch from Truest Park is coming up at for twenty coming up over the next hour here on Marongo Casino Dodgers on Deck. We got a lot to get to. We're gonna hear from the manager, Dave Roberts, of course, will dive deeper into this pitching matchup. Kirsten Watson is going to join us live from the field in Atlanta with the very latest. We got your chance to win sweet tickets to an upcoming Dodgers game in the Dodgers Suite that is the Zen Sheet Sweet Life Challenge that's coming up. In thirty minute, we're gonna hear from the birthday boy, Oral Hersheizer. Today is his birthday. The Bulldog will join David Vasse and in just a few minutes we'll set it out to Rick Monday and Tim Neverert in the Gallpin Motors Broadcast booth. Well last night in Atlanta, Buehler looked like he might be back while the Dodgers' offense helped for a comeback win. Walker Buehler, it's been a bumpy return this season, no doubt about it, coming back from Tommy John surgery. Last night, though, maybe he has turned the corner. Six innings, he gave up two runs on three hits. He walked five, but he also struck out five along the way. He got better as the innings went along. Bueller got into a little trouble in the third with one out. He walked Matt Olsen with the bases loaded to bring in a run, than Travis Darnault an infield single that scored a run. The Braves were up two to nothing. In the fifth, though Dodgers finally got on the board. Show Hey O Tani a two out RBI single that scored Max Monzie. Dodgers were down two to one, and the seventh show Hey was added again. With two outs, they doubled the right that scored Will Smith, and the Dodgers and Braves were all knotted up at two. The game remain tied until the ninth. Raziel Iglesia on in relief. Thirty five and a third scoreless innings for the Braves. Reliever Will Smith the one out triple off the wall and right center. Two batters later, with two outs, they intentionally walked show Hey to get to Mookie.
Speaker 4: And there's some late lightning out of bets.
Speaker 5: Man.
Speaker 6: A one to one pitch coming. Lookie Swain sits a ground all up the middle. Here come Smith in the score. The Dodgers lead it.
Speaker 4: Mookie Pets drives in the go ahead run of the ninth.
Speaker 1: That's three to.
Speaker 2: Two RBI single for Mookie. Dodgers three to two lead, and the floodgates were opening. Freddie Freeman a single to left, two runs scored on the air, Dodgers up five to two. The very next batter, tae Oscar Hernandez hit a two run home run left Dodgers up seventy two. After a pitching change, Tommy edmond Is solo home run that made it back to back home runs.
Speaker 3: Dodgers up eight to two.
Speaker 2: The very next batter, Max Munsey with the breadth of fresh air moment of the game.
Speaker 4: Selli Glacis touched up for five runs and Max swings hits a drive deep bright center.
Speaker 2: It is gone and.
Speaker 4: For the third time this season, the Dodgers have hit back to back to back home runs in a ball game.
Speaker 1: It is ninety two.
Speaker 4: Max Mounsey swinging the silver hammer in Georgia, his fifteenth home run of the season.
Speaker 2: Back to back to back home runs. Max Munsey with the exclamation point, second time in a week the Dodgers have done.
Speaker 3: It's third time this season.
Speaker 2: They had a ninety two lead, and that's the breath of fresh air moment of the game presented by a Tar Mechanical.
Speaker 3: Looking for reliable heating.
Speaker 2: And air conditioning services in Southern Case California. Atar Mechanicals, your trusted partner, Omar and Brittany. Give them a call. The founders great people. Their service is more than just a solution, it's a breadth of fresh air. From the moment you call to the completion of your project. A tar mechanical delivers friendly on a service at a fair price. Dodgers with a seven run top half of the ninth inne they complete the comeback win nine to the final. They're now eighty eight and sixty one on the season. Tonight in the final game of this four game series in Atlanta, Dodgers looking to salvage it with this split. Yoshi Yamamoto on the mound. First bitch from Atlanta is coming up at four twenty and with more. Let's head out to the Galpin Motors broadcast booth as we say hello to Rick Monday and Tim Neffer.
Speaker 4: Guys, Sam, It's a beautiful evening for baseball in Atlanta and the Dodgers and Braves gets set to wrap up this four game wrap round series on this Monday night at Truest Park. The Dodgers begin the night eighty eight and sixty one, three and a half ahead of San Diego, five on top of Arizona and the Braves eighty one and sixty eight. They're nine back of the Philadelphia Phillies, tied with the Mets for second in the division. Tied with the Mets for the third place position in the National League Wildcard picture. As far as the Dodgers postseason birth goes, they could clinch as early as tomorrow. With wins today at Atlanta and tomorrow at Miami and a loss by the Braves tomorrow at Cincinnati and losses by the Mets today and tomorrow against Washington.
Speaker 6: That just clinches a postseason berth.
Speaker 4: But the magic number to win the division is ten to start action tonight. In fact, it was a year ago tonight that the Dodgers did clinch the division in a six to two extra innings win over the Mariners in Seattle. So all the Padres continue to chase the Dodgers. They'd need to go nine and three to tie the Dodgers if the Dodgers played a game under five hundred the rest of the way and win six and seven the Diamondbacks. If the Dodgers went six and seven, would have to go a perfect thirteen and to pass the Dodgers. So time winding down Game number one fifty tonight, with twelve to play in it's Yoshinobo Yamamoto on the hill for the second time since coming off the injured list. He will oppose Harvard Westlakes Max Freed. Freed is nine and nine, Yamamoto is six and two. But before we get to tonight, Maul brief look back at the ninth inning last night, with two outs, seven runs in the ninth inning to break it two two times.
Speaker 7: You know, last night's win does not guarantee that there's going to be a victory tonight. However, you really have to draw some positives from last night's victory, come from behind victory to begin with. Also with Walker Bueller, and for Bueller had not really made a statement up until last night about hey, look include me in the postseason roster, in the starting rotation. Well, for Walker Bueller, six innings, just two runs on three hits, he struck out five. Yes, he did walk five also, But for Walker Bueller, after he wiggled through that third inning, he was absolutely terrific. Oh, he retired the first three batter in the opening frame, no question about that. But we saw the Walker rueler in the fourth to fifth and again in the sixth inning that we've not seen for a while. He's seen in command, he's seen very confident, and he got results. The other part, too, is when the offense finally woke up that being in that ninth inning, we saw some life out of his wall club, as if they were hungry, because if we looked previously the last ten games, it's been kind of off and on a little bit iffy, nothing iffy in the late stages last night, sho hey.
Speaker 4: O'tani was OH for the first couple of games, and OH for his first two at bats last night, but he came alive late a pair of RBI doubles in the fifth, in the seventh, and then was intentionally walked right in front of Mookie Betts again, and Bets came through it.
Speaker 7: Yeah, that's like pressing a red button for Mookie Betts. Okay, you want to walk the guy in front of me? Okay, fine. Paul Benz did is that he got a won one pitch to his liking, had an RBI single, then an RBI single by Freddy Freeman to follow Betts, and then that's when the home run barrage with Hernandez, di Oscar Edmund and Munsey. And by the way, where on earth did Tommy Edmund all of a sudden find the muscles that hit the ball out of the ballpark. That's five home runs now, for Edmunds in the last nineteen at bats.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he has had five homers in the last five games if you look at it that way. But he has been really, really dynamic for the Dodgers, both in center field and at short stop. He'll be in center field tonight. So tonight the Dodgers hoped to even up this four games sent as they send Yoshinova Yamamoto to the mad Just an injury update from Austin Barnes.
Speaker 6: He left the game.
Speaker 4: It was shortly after the catcher's interference that was called on him and thought maybe initially it was on his hand, but no, he did foul the ball off of his foot and it was determined after X rays he has another fracture in a different part of his left big toe.
Speaker 7: Yeah, and that took everybody by surprise. And what the move is going to be? Wooll, We're all gonna wait and find out. Will Smith is back in in doing the catching in tonight's ball game. So Kicky Hernanez will be at second base tonight with a left hander Max Breed on the mound. Pretty much the same lineup, although Munsey has now been dropped to the number eight spot. With that left hander on the mound, and again we see Dave Roberts kind of breaking up Otani Betts. Freeman is the normal, but we see now for two games with left handed pitchers on the mound, Freeman dropped to the four spot, so you have Otani then two right handed batters before you get another lefty Freeman. You had a beautiful evening here. We missed the rain that was supposed to be here for four days. Bright Blueskuys right now as we get you sent for the first pitch at Truest Park, Braves Dodgers coming up, tim all.
Speaker 2: Right, as we cut you down the first pitch, Dodger fans, get your game day meal on at Shaky's Pizza Parmer, what are your.
Speaker 3: Shaky's Pizza Chicken?
Speaker 2: Emojo's right now a shakys dot com coming up on Maranggo Casino, Dodgers on deck. You're gonna hear from the manager, Dave Roberts. You will hear from the bulldog oral Herscheizer. It's his birthday. Make sure you give him a birthday wish on social media. Will dive deeper into this pitching matchup your chance to play the Zenchi Sweet Life Challenge is still to come up next, So your Otani rewind ad. We'll head down to the field live with Kirsten Watson as we lead you up to first pitch on this Monday final game with the series in Atlanta, Dodgers Braves, thanks for.
Speaker 3: Being with us. I'm Tip Kases, Los Angeles Dodgers Audio.
Speaker 1: Knowwe it's Lorongo Casino, Dodgers on, Dodgers on deck, y'all on the official home of La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 2: It's the Dodgers and Brains from Atlanta. Yoshinobu Yamamoto on the mountain. Max Freed, Hartford Westlake High School on the mound for the Braves.
Speaker 3: First pitch coming up in four twenty.
Speaker 1: This is the rewind pitch.
Speaker 6: Why got built it down the right field line?
Speaker 4: Space ship once he will score Luxus.
Speaker 1: On the run.
Speaker 4: They're gonna hold him at third and in with a double. Is show hey Otani and the Dodgers on the board.
Speaker 6: It's two to one.
Speaker 4: Lee bent over at the waist looking in now he straightens up into the stretch. The only two pitch to show, Hey, O'tani swang on a lifted down the right field line. That's gonna fall in for a hit, Smith cunning around third to tie the game. Piez will be held at second and in with an RBI double. Is Otani and the Dodgers have tied. In the seventh, it is two to two.
Speaker 2: Show, hey Otani delivering Yesterday, he goes two for four with the two doubles. Two RBIs now hitting two to ninety on this season, still chasing fifty to fifty on the year as he's got forty seven home runs and forty eight stolen bases. Otani re Ryan bought to you by eto ins Oi Ocha, Japan's number one Green Sea and the Tea The showy Otani loves and drinks. If he'll local Dizo stores, Amazon and eto In dot com, that's it O e N dot Com.
Speaker 1: This is Kirston's Corner with Kirston Watson.
Speaker 2: Hey Kirson now joins us from an Atlanta final game of this four game wrap around series, and it's off to Miami for a three game set against the Marlans Dodgers tonight, sending out Yoshinobu Yamamoto to the mound. Kirsen in start number two for him since coming back from that shoulder injury.
Speaker 8: Exactly started number two and also a continuation of just him building up. We know that when he first came off the aisle he had only thrown around fifty ish pitches, I think a fifty three exacts and only him down through two innings, and so for his last one he was really effected. He was able to give your four innings and I think as much as it was an incredible outing, and I think we expect that from him and did come as a little bit of a surprise just considering how long he was on the il. So for this next one, you know, Dave was saying, in that seventy five pitch count range, that feels pretty realistic. So obviously keep an eye on just the stress of the innings, but it seems like this mechanically things are in a really good spot for you, you know who. Health Wise, of course, she's in a really good spot. We even saw a flight uptake in velocity in his last outing with that fastball. The command was excellent, but just that little flight uptake was similar to what we saw against the Yankees back in June, in which everyone was kind of like, oh, what was happening here, and they thought that maybe that was you know, maybe it was the excitement, the matchup.
Speaker 1: The moment.
Speaker 8: But if he can keep that going, which we did see in the last outing, we'll see that kind of maintains today. But Dave does expect anow they're just efficient that really strong outing from him.
Speaker 2: Dodgers going back to the lineup they had two days ago when they faced a left hander, the Dodgers switching things up with ta Oscar and Freddy.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 8: So what Dave Roberts really likes about this is as you get deeper into the game, so these are top arms I to do with Max Freid and similar what we saw the other day with Chris Sale, it's these are top They're going to go deep into the game as they can. And so with that, Dave Roberts feels like it's more of an attack to the attacks on the picture as they get late to the game. It also forces a tough decision from the manager because with breaking up that lefties usually, of course you want to stick with the LUFTI to attack those guys, but it makes you decide, okay, well you've got yes, show hey and then move in and then you've got this lefty killer in chaos here and then you've got obviously an extremely tough lefty bat with Freddy Freeman, So more of a little game planning, especially as you get to the end of the game. Towards the end of the game the day, we're saying that we could be seeing this come October, and there's not too many luffies that they'll be facing just in between today and the end of the regular season, but come Octobers some tough lufties. This could be a realistic thing that we see pretty often.
Speaker 2: Kison, what's the vibe you get around this team in this series finale, They're going to leave Atlanta go to Miami. But here we are two weeks less than the season, and this is a Dodgers team clinging to an NL West Divisional lead and realistically trying to to keep the number two spaw in the nationally.
Speaker 8: Yeah, you know what, I think how last night's game ended was really telling and really powerful for this group because they're looking to really carry that momentum, like even coming in today, it's a different feel the first two games of this series, not that I want to say that, you know, the guys, no guys go down and out. They're frustrated, and so for them to turn the page and to kind of end on a high note yesterday, to end with a blowout of an inning three executive home run. Things like that, like that gets everyone going to see how Michael Kopek got out of a two learners on at second and third, no out, That was a you could feel the shift in everything then, and so there is a lighter feeling in the air. I would stay here, and so the hope that they can split this series, seaking up the win today and then going to Miami find and hopefully kind of sweep them and get things really going to end this road trip on a high note as well, because you do feel your sort you can feal the pressure. Yeah, the division looks like and also we have these teams, whether it's the Cups or the Braves, who are truly or choosing the Mets, who are truly fighting to make their way into the postseason. And you can truly feel that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, No, Doug Kirsten, we appreciate it. We'll check in with you after the game.
Speaker 2: Brought to you by Cars for Kids, the easiest way to get rid of your little car. Donate today, your car could be picked up tomorrow. That easy donate now at carsfrokids dot org. That's cars with the Gay. Coming up will dive deeper into this pitching matchup. David veatse goes one on one with the birthday boy, Earl Hersheiser. But up next we'll get you an injury report and we'll hear from the manager himself. Dave Roberts Dodgers Braves first pitch at four twenty. I'm Tim Katsi's Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: Well, this is Morongo Cassino Dodgers Huntings on your home for La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 2: Marogo Casino Dodgers on Deck continues on this Monday afternoon. Marogo Casino Resort and Spa a grand slam for good times leading up to Dodgers and Braves from the Atlanta First pitch set for four twenty.
Speaker 1: It's the LA Dodgers Injury Report.
Speaker 2: Presented by UCLA Healthy, official medical partner of the Los Angeles Dodgers. Austin Barnes officially has gone on the IL and most likely not available the rest of the regular season. He's got a fractured toe. He got hit by a foul pitch last night. Hunter Frodusia called up from TRIPAA Oklahoma City. So Will Smith's gonna do a lot of the catching here. Moving forward in the final two weeks into October, Tyler Glass now on the IL at the right elbow tendonitis. Clayton Kershaw on the IL with his swelling in his left big toe the turf toe is it's otherwise known as Joe Kelly on the IL at the right shoulder inflammation. However, he has joined the team in Atlanta, and the Dodgers expect to activate Joe sometime in Miami when the Dodgers head there for the next three games.
Speaker 3: Gavin Stone on.
Speaker 2: The IL with the elbow inflammation, Anthony Bonda on the IL with the hairline fracture in his left hand after he got frustration in his last outing last homestand and Anthony Bonda is back at Camelback Ranch working his way back, hopefully, hopefully he can join this Dodger's team. All right, let's head back out to Atlanta and check you with the Dodger skipper.
Speaker 3: The questions for Dave.
Speaker 1: Dave, can you just describe Dave?
Speaker 3: Can you talk about the pressure.
Speaker 1: In the dugouts with Dave Roberts.
Speaker 5: I think there's some of that, but I think most importantly he understands there's only a few more starts before, you know, we get to the postseason, so there's not a whole lot of time to kind of feel his way into outings, and every outing is important, and so he understands that, and so, like I said, I expect to go out there and piffs away.
Speaker 9: He's capable of dad his last start, did you feel like he wasn't trying to play up to the talent and he felt like he was on equal footing with with those hitters.
Speaker 10: Have you seen that in the last start? And did you see it before you got hurt?
Speaker 1: I saw that before he got hurt.
Speaker 5: I think that he's seen enough major League baseball and has performed enough to know that he's at the top of the food chain as far as talent. So he's a very confident player, and so that's what I saw. So I felt that I feel he's gonna do the same thing that. Again, he's very talented, very confident, and he's really understanding what gets hitters out here.
Speaker 4: I think you guys will try to get him on a four day turn at any point before the end.
Speaker 1: Of the race.
Speaker 5: I don't think so.
Speaker 1: No, do you think that'd being on the possibility in October at all?
Speaker 5: I'm not saying it's not a possibility, but it's still unlikely. I think that what we've done, we're going to do everything we can to kind of give him as much rest that he's had.
Speaker 7: Based on these schedule in Japan. Or is it to protect the shoulder from.
Speaker 1: No, it's it's it's just no.
Speaker 5: I think it's schedule in Japan, schedule, what we've done here, all of it.
Speaker 10: And you you already kind of were talking about how the techie.
Speaker 3: Only handed he could best playoff rotation. How much is just not being able to start them one for days us a completely pet.
Speaker 5: I think it's, uh, you know, I just don't get caught up in stuff that it's really moved to even consider. You know, this is something that you know, when we acquired them, this is what we knew we planned on doing. So those are separate situations and it's kind of where we're at, and so we've got to figure out, you know, how best to keep him fresh, sharp, prepared. Number one and then number two, I guess basically fill in the pieces of shoot. I would love to have four guys that can go on short rest or regular rest, but it's just just not feasible.
Speaker 10: Do you think it would have been more of the consideration had he not missed the time that he did with the shoulder retreat?
Speaker 5: Maybe maybe if you would have if we would have been able to keep him healthy and kind of work him into some situation like that, But you know, it wasn't to be. And so again, if something presents itself, you know, if we're fortunate enough to get to the postseason and that situation and it makes sense, it's a conversation, but that's not something that we're we're planning on right now.
Speaker 2: All right, there's Dave Roberts down the dugout, brought to you by Service Titan. Dave Roberts is a Titan in his own right, and he's got a plan before his team hits the field. You need one for your growing contracting business too. Let Service Titan help you implement it. Learn more at service titan dot com. Coming up, we got the Zen Sheet Sweet Live Challenge. When we come back though here on Dodgers on Deck, we'll check out with David Vassa leading you up to first pitch from Atlanta on this Monday, Dodgers and Braves. I'm Tim Kates's Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: This is Marongo Casino, Dodgers on Deck on your home for the Blue All Season Law Law.
Speaker 2: It's the Dodgers and the Braves from Atlanta. Yoshi Amamoto, Max Freed. The pitching matcha first pitch coming up at four twenty. The umpiring crew for today's game brought to you by Fred Loyer Insurance, celebrating fifty years of providing reliable and affordable car insurance for you and your family.
Speaker 1: Joining Tim Kates on Dodgers on Deck, I accept everybody for who they are. This is Dodger insider David Basse.
Speaker 3: All right, DVA, go back to last night.
Speaker 2: The Dodgers explode in the ninth inning, the back to back to back home runs. The big hit from Mookie bed certainly was was big for the but they don't get to that point with a tie game if Michael Kopek doesn't get himself out of his own issues there in the bottom half of the eighth Any.
Speaker 10: Last night, Yeah, there were runners at second and third and after Kopek was able to get the third out on a strikeout. He led out a lot of emotion on the mound that we have not seen from him since the Dodgers acquired Kopek. And after the game last night, when we spoke to Freddie Freeman, he said, Kopek getting out of that inning and showing that type of emotion really fired up that dugout, that Dodger dugout and set the stage for the heroics and Mookie Betts in the top of the ninth inning. Here was Michael Kopek earlier today when I caught up with him in the dugout and presented he did not know Freddy had told us that. And here was his reaction when I let him know that Freddie Freeman thought aloud about that eighth inning and about the emotion.
Speaker 11: He showed, Yeah, I don't think it's like a conscious thing I'm thinking of, like you know, I want to, like yell or scream or anything, get and get everybody fired. It's not like that necessarily, but I felt how important the moment was. You know, tig game. We're coming off a rough couple of games before that had runners in scoring position with no outs. I knew I needed to buckle down, so to speak, right there, and Mark basically told me as much on the mound, and I, you know, not personal is how.
Speaker 1: I took it.
Speaker 6: But I took it like.
Speaker 11: You know, like a fire was lit under me, and you know, to be able to get out of that inning was huge for me personally, but I knew bigger than me, it was important for the team. So yeah, I was fired up. I didn't really like take that moment as a chance to fire the team up, but I'm glad that that's what it did. And that ninth inning was incredible. I don't think I've seen anything like that.
Speaker 6: That was so organic. Like you said, like what you did that was just you in that moment.
Speaker 10: It feels like you guys kind of needed that, and I know it wasn't something that you playing, And I feel like that means more to a team than trying to script it or be you not authentic.
Speaker 11: Absolutely, Like I mean, there's a time and there's guys that are really good at the vocal leadership, the guys that will come in and they'll you know, they'll yell and say some inspiring words and get everybody fired up. But you know, if that doesn't come across organically, like you said, then it almost falls flat. There's nothing really there. But if if you can see everybody doing exactly what they're supposed to do and playing the game the right way, playing the game hard, playing the game of passion, I think that that is really contagious amongst the team, especially a team like this, you know, and we've had that since I've been here, with the exception of maybe a few games leading up to yesterday, and I think that that everyone, you know, wanted to get that back, and we had some, you know, some thoughts about it in the clubhouse, and I think that that game just was the overall the games a moment such as far as Walker going out there and doom where he did was huge for us. And then for all the boys to rally like that in the ninth it was just really special.
Speaker 10: I know that's private in the clubhouse there, but when Dave Roberts has all you guys together, did you feel like it was the right timing for that and the way you guys came out and that eighth inning, that ninth inning capped off what started the day.
Speaker 11: Yeah, I mean, look, I don't I don't think he was like necessarily trying to to be anything other than just like, you know, talk to us, level headed. You know, I think that we were all on the same page.
Speaker 6: It was.
Speaker 11: It was just a simple conversation and and what what he wants from us, and what he you know, what we expect from each other. And so it wasn't anything as far as like this big ordeal of the meeting or anything like that. But you know, I know that what he said to me spoke spoke to me pretty strongly. For us to be able to have a game like that was a really big goal.
Speaker 6: All right.
Speaker 10: There was Michael Kopek earlier today. Tim very candid with his thoughts about last night's eighth inning and also what was said during that Dave Roberts called team meeting.
Speaker 3: Dave was driven by Ford.
Speaker 2: If there's one thing we like his choices, find yours with the four f one to fifty gas hybrid all electric tough this market only be called F one fifty Otani through again today, Dave.
Speaker 10: Yeah, this is part of his throwing program to come back from his second elbow surgery.
Speaker 4: Tim.
Speaker 10: As you know, we reported that he did throw another bullpen session the first day here in Atlanta, but there's been a lot of speculation about whether or not the Dodgers are considering having Otani pitch in any postseason game. I was told again today that it's a long shot right now. I was told the percentage of Otani pitching in a postseason game is at ten percent. But the Dodgers don't plan on shutting down his throwing programs, so that always leaves the door open. And as I reported yesterday, I've spoken to Japanese media members that have covered Otani going back to Japan. They don't believe Otani would ramp it up to try to pitch in an NLDS game or an NLCS game. They feel like if he were to pitch out of necessity for the team, it would be on the stage of the World Series. So the Dodgers have to get there first. There's a long ways to go before you even start talking that way.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's ways down the road, as you said, DV, all right, appreciate it. We'll check back in with you in just a little bit. Dodger fans and hants you're listening experience, Download the iHeartRadio app and listen to games in HD on your mobile device in your car on your tablet, your computer. It's all powered by LA Care Health Plan serving all Angelina's Lacare dot Org. Coming up here on Dodgers on Deck, We're gonna hear from Oral Hersheizer.
Speaker 3: It's his birthday. Happy Birthday.
Speaker 2: Bull Dog will dive deeper this bitching matchup. I'm next to your Dodgers Magical Moment Dodgers Braves first pitch of four twenty. I'm Tim Kasi's Los Angeles Dodgers are your networking.
Speaker 1: As we were saying, this is Marongo Casino Dodgers on Jack on the official home of La Dodgers.
Speaker 2: Baseball, Dodgers and Braves one final time from Chewis Park in Atlanta. Four game series comes to a conclusion this afternoon. Yoshi Yamamoto Max Free the pitching matchup. First pitch of Atlanta coming up at for twenty.
Speaker 12: Dog who wants hot It's time for the Hawfe Magical Moment, Bitch Magicalic Phone presented by Hawby Hot Dogs.
Speaker 2: We go back to last September sixteenth, twenty twenty three, Dodgers in Seattle taking on the Mariners, a night in which the Dodgers clinched the division yet again.
Speaker 13: Helnick Oh for four tonight, swinging a ground ball to second base, bets to Freeman. The Dodgers win it six to two. The Dodgers decade of dominance continues. They're the best in the West for the tenth time in the past eleven years. The Dodgers are the champions of the National League Western Division again.
Speaker 6: They beat the Mariners tonight six to two.
Speaker 13: The champs and the best of the West again.
Speaker 6: What a game, What a year.
Speaker 2: Dodgers with a six to two win in eleven innings in Seattle one year ago today, clinching their tenth divisional title in the last eleven years. This Hofey Magical moment brought to by Hofey hot Dogs, a so cal treasure for over one hundred years. Visit hofeybrand dot com to find out where you can purchase Crave Delicious Haffey hot Dogs. Who wants to live the sweet life at a Dodger game? Eight and sixty six, nine eighty seven, two, five, seventy ninety three contestants for the Zenchi Sweet Live Challenge. All you do is tell me which player will be the fresh player of the game, and if you're correct, you're gonna get two Sweet tickets to an upcoming game out at Dodgers Stadium eight six six ninety seven to two five seventy. We're leading you up to Dodgers and Braids from Atlanta. We'll check you out Rick Monday as well. We'll dive deeper to this pitching matchup. All still to come before first pitch. I'm Tim Kasis, Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: It's Lorongo Casino, Dodgers on the Dodgers on deck y'all on the official home of La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 2: It's the Dodgers and the Brais from Atlanta. Yoshi Amamodo on the mount of second start since coming off the injured list.
Speaker 3: First pitch of four twenty.
Speaker 1: This is the Zenchi Sweet Light Challenge. One lucky winner and a guest get to watch the Dodgers from the Zenchi Sweet all made possible by Zenchi Sushi, Fast, fresh and easy.
Speaker 2: All right, we have our three contestants ready to go. Tell me who'll be the fresh player of the game, and if you're correct, you're gonna win two tickets to the am five to seventy LAS week for an upcoming game. We go to Mario is our first contestant, Welcome, Mario, what's your guests?
Speaker 1: Show? Hey Otani?
Speaker 2: All right, good luck to you, Mario. You take show, Hey Otani. Louie Louis. You are a second contestant. What is your guess? Freddy Freeman? All right, good luck to you, Louis. Our third and final contestant is Dave. Dave, Welcome, what's your guests?
Speaker 1: I'm gonna go with the Oscar Hernandez going with Tao.
Speaker 3: All right.
Speaker 2: Good luck to you Dave, good luck to Louie, and good luck to Mario. Are three contestants and the Zenschy Sweet Live Challenge by Zen She handcrafter Sushi made fresh daily on site. Pick up Delicious sushi before the game it Ralphs and other local supermarkets near the deli counter. Coming up, we'll get you the keys of the game. We'll dive deeper into this pitching matchup.
Speaker 1: But first and now joined by David Basseying, here's La Dodgers broadcaster and World Series champion Dodger Rick Monday.
Speaker 10: Rick the final game of this four game series. The Dodgers are feeling optimistic after last night start from Walker Bueller.
Speaker 7: Did you notice something also that took place today. I mean, the Dodgers win last night, right, the sun came out today.
Speaker 6: Oh it's hot Lanta today, Rick, Well.
Speaker 7: Not really hot hot. We're going to have some hot weather, although it'd be indoors the next three that being in Miami. But I thought it was rather amusing that, you know, overcast, little drizzly the first night, Dodgers win last night, to come from behind victory, and the sun came out today.
Speaker 10: Maybe Tommy Lesorda in blue Heaven was shining down on the Dodgers today.
Speaker 7: It could be, And what a what a display all of a sudden. I noticed something also, and you know you can you can label me as an optimist. That's that's the way I lived my life. But in that ninth inning, when the Dodgers came alive, all of a sudden, we saw some enthusiasm, and for very good reason. I mean, coming from behind, the three consecutive home runs, yes, but also you had one two ring, four five batters in a row in that ninth inning that knocked in runs. This is a ball club. I think now that it's getting hungry to close the gap and clinch playoff, Rick, do you.
Speaker 6: Believe we'll see other managers.
Speaker 10: Opposing managers continue to walk Otani in front of Mookie bets and crucial situations.
Speaker 7: Ask Mooki events how big that smile is getting because he's two for two when that has happened in recent times when they walk Otani and we understand full well while you're walking Otani, I mean, but as pick your poison, And for Mookie Bentz, he takes it as a personal challenge, not as an insult, but as a challenge.
Speaker 6: What's the difference.
Speaker 7: It's bubblerk relations inside. Yeah, he's taking you personally.
Speaker 1: Well.
Speaker 10: It kind of goes back to the story you've told about Ernie Banks and yourself.
Speaker 14: Right.
Speaker 6: He asked you, who do you get mad at the picture of the boss?
Speaker 7: And he said, let me ask you a question in the way. Ernie says, here you get managed pol where you get mad at the picture? And before he could answered, he walked away. This is many many years ago, obviously, and it was years later then I finally got a chance to talk. Dernie said, hey, you asked me a question before if I got mad at the ball or I got mad at the picture? What was your answer? I said, I got mad.
Speaker 1: At the ball.
Speaker 7: He goes right answer. He says, there's too many different pictures as the same baseball.
Speaker 10: So you feel like that applies to Mookie Betts. He gets mad at the ball, not the manager.
Speaker 7: Let me tell you this. If they walk O Tony tonight to get to Mookie Betts, I'm expecting big, big things.
Speaker 6: Oh yeah, we look forward to that.
Speaker 10: And the Dodgers are facing one of your old teammates, Protege and Max Freed. Reggie Smith was a mentor to Max Freed all those years in Encino.
Speaker 7: Yeah, yeah, and what I thought. You know, I'm a little surprised you didn't bring up he as a valley guy. Oh you didn't mention the city. Yeah, because you're a valley guy yourself.
Speaker 10: Well, Max Freed and I have formed a tight relationships since we both have been terrabuleivart ties.
Speaker 7: And I noticed you had a tight relationship talking to the Bazuka today. Yeah, Bruce ar Grandero were going to talk about him a little bit later on.
Speaker 6: Yes, sir, yes, sir.
Speaker 10: But I feel like people should still have the same outlook that gratterol express to me. Rick a lot of gratitude for where he's at after a big shoulder injury. He just seems to be very grateful for what he has.
Speaker 7: Isn't that the story with all of us?
Speaker 6: Yeah, we should be a little bit more grateful.
Speaker 7: The sun came out today, David, enjoy it.
Speaker 6: Thanks Rick.
Speaker 10: We'll check back in with you and Tim Nevertt a little bit later. The sun's always out. When Rick Monday's with me, we'll send it back to you in the studio.
Speaker 3: Are they so lot?
Speaker 2: Guys, Dodgers fans, start your future at California Community College. Financial aids available to help you, intuition, books, sometimes even the rent. Yeah, it's time to take that next big step. Classes can fill up quickly, so enroll today and I can go to college dot com. Still to come here On Dodgers on Deck, we'll get you a preview of this pitching matchup with Yoshi Yamamoto going up against Max Freed. Rick will be back with Tim. Never gets you those keys to the game right before first.
Speaker 3: Pitch, But I'm nice.
Speaker 2: We go high in tight with the birthday boy, Oral Hersheiser. Yes, the bulldog celebrating a birthday. We'll hear from him next. Leaning up to Dodgers and Braves. I'm Tim Katson's Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: This is Morongo Cassino Dodgers Hunters game on your home for LA Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 2: Dodgers Braves from Atlanta, final game of this four game we're wrapping around series Yoshinobu Yamamoto and Max Freed the pitching matchup. Dodgers will head to Miami after the game tonight for a three game series against the Marlins before returning home for the final homestand of the regular season. Dodgers Baseball is presented by Children's Hospital LA. When you need the very best care for your child, go to Children's Hospital LA rank number one in California for pediatric care. Find the right doctor at CHLA dot org.
Speaker 1: And now what will likely be vast a fielding insults from a Dodger player.
Speaker 3: It's an engagement of endearment.
Speaker 1: This is high and tight.
Speaker 10: It's always our pleasure to celebrate one of the greatest Dodgers in franchise history. World Series MVP Cy Young Award a man that certainly left his shoulder on the mound for the Dodgers, and today we are celebrating the Bulldog for his sixty sixth birthday. Oral Happy birthday from all of us. You know how much La and Dodger fans love you, so I hope you're having a great day.
Speaker 7: You know.
Speaker 14: You know the reason they love me is we got to go back to eighty eight, right, and that was the year that changed everybody's life and the memory of the Dodgers and everything that happened, all the way from being drafted in the seventeenth round in nineteen seventy nine to here, I am still talking to Dodger fans and loving the fact that they love me. So thank you for the birthday wishes.
Speaker 10: Speaking of nineteen eighty eight, obviously you were in the middle of your record setting consecutive scoreless inning streak on September sixteenth, nineteen eighty eight. Do you remember that birthday more than others?
Speaker 6: I guess so.
Speaker 14: I guess I remember it more. Not because of the streak, of course, the streak is there in baseball fans in my mind. But September fifteenth was my seconde was born Jordan, so Jordan Douglas Hirscheiser was born September fifteenth, and then my birthday September sixteenth, so it's always a special time of year. And here we are on the road in Atlanta on when Jordan's birthday was yesterday and mine is today. We will celebrate when we get home to La So we're already planning a special dinner and every year it's a special celebration where he gets presents and I get cards.
Speaker 6: At this stage, right, oh for sure.
Speaker 14: You know he might even get a check in his card and I just get a nice card and maybe a new tie for broadcasting.
Speaker 10: Well, I guess now that you're a broadcaster, you find yourself in these weird cities like Atlanta.
Speaker 6: Were you able to celebrate last night?
Speaker 14: I really just stayed in my room, cocooning, watching football, watching the Dodgers.
Speaker 3: Hanging out.
Speaker 14: So it's one of those days that you know, when you have a busy life, sometimes that hotel room gets to be a nice oasis. You get away, you get to sleep in, you don't have to do anything. And with an off day, it's been an odd road trip for me because we had Apple TV do the first game. We had ESPN do the game last night, so of the four days, we're only broadcasting too. But we're back at it tonight.
Speaker 10: Orl Herscheiser, the birthday boy is our guest here in Atlanta. You mentioned you watched the game last night. I know you're extremely close to Walker Buehler. How optimistic are the Dodgers after that type of start?
Speaker 14: Well, I think we continue to see him grow and this is a different guy coming back from rehab because he's coming back with different tools and the fastballs back down maybe you know, three mile an hour or so. The stuff is not as quite as sharp and as much break, but he's learning to pitch with it, and I think that's the good thing. And once he learns to pitch with it, I think then the stuff is going to go up. And I think we saw that last night. It's you know, it's about counts, it's about learning to pitch. It's about learning who you are again. And for Walker, I think it's a bigger step because he had such amazing stuff before, and he had such a big ego when he was out there, and it's sometimes now, with enough embarrassment and failure, his ego is kind of checked at the door, and now he's using his intelligence. We're talking about a kid who went to Vanderbilt, right, and he could argue with you about almost any subject and be right probably about any subject. So he's learning through this process and it was really nice for him to get results because I think those results are going to not only be analyzed and he's going to see what he did well and what he did poorly, but I think it's going to all of a sudden create a better path for him to know where success is. And that's important for the Dodgers right now. There is no silver lining to these injuries. I know, maybe some of the silver that we're finding, like with Walker Bueller or Flaherty or Yamamoto tonight, maybe that silver can turn into gold in a World Series championship. But boy, were getting we're walking on thin ice now.
Speaker 10: As far as injuries, going back to Walker bueler ooral, does it all of a sudden click for him because last night we did see what you were describing more of a pitcher. He used seven different pitches and was able to not just try to bully with the fastball.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 14: I don't think you're going to see a bully with the fastball. I think he needs to locate and get ahead. It's about counts, it's about fundamentals of baseball and using the stuff that he has. And I think the stuff will get better once he gets the rhythm, once he gets that this is who I am and not over trying. You can see sometimes when the effort, all of a sudden takes him away from some rhythm, which then takes you away from location, which then takes you into bad counts, which then leads to walks and leads to crooked numbers and bad innings. And so you know, you give up two runs in the third inning last night without having the ball leave the infield. Gavin lux gets the ball out of his glove. Maybe it's a different inning. And I don't understand why that's called an infield hit and on an error, because when you drop a ball as an infielder or an outfielder, that's an error. If you can't get it out of your glove, that's an error. Also, it's kind of like hesitating on a throw or bobbling. So I'm not against Gavin and the play as much as thinking about Walker and what that out could have been for his confidence.
Speaker 6: Oral Herscheizer is our guest.
Speaker 10: He's back in the saddle tonight with Joe Davis on Sportsnet.
Speaker 6: La Yamamoto might.
Speaker 10: Be the most important pitcher to the Dodgers in October. Like you said, with all these injuries, what was the biggest takeaway you saw from him at Dodgers Stadium the last time.
Speaker 14: You know, the swing and miss is just there. It's immaculate. And for him to come back, there are guys that can hit falling out of bed and not have to go on rehab. He looked like the kind of pitcher that didn't need rehab, even though the two rehabs starts were really just exercise, not good stats at all, you know, and he dominated in that outing, and I just think that he's a tremendous talent. We've got to keep him healthy. It's going to be interesting on the usage as we go forward. I mean, you get him up to seventy five pitches, maybe you get him up to one hundred or just ninety in the next outing. But the key is Otani is the headline with the.
Speaker 3: Fifty to fifty chase. The Dodgers are.
Speaker 14: A secondary headline with the National League West Chase. Each time, each day, those headlines can shift. But every time Flaherty takes the mound, Bueller takes the mound, Yamamoto takes the mount, and even Knack now takes the mound. It becomes the headline for this team.
Speaker 1: So this is a.
Speaker 14: Different year for the Dodgers and a different year as a broadcaster for us because there's storylines right now. Before it was like fifteen games up, they've already clinched. What do we talk about Now We've got headlines and stories and everything that we can talk about, and it's an exciting time of year.
Speaker 10: We've talked about it the last two years where the five days of rest may have worked against the Dodgers. How vital is it for them to get five days of rest considering where their pitching staff is.
Speaker 14: Yeah, they got to stay in front of a Milwaukee. They've got the tiebreaker with Milwaukee, so that gives them a little bit of cushion. Every game that we win or every game that they lose makes it even better. It's got to stay in front of San Diego. You've got two races there, three and a half games with San Diego. If you get to only three or two and a half with them, they own the tiebreaker there and you've got three games head to head. Could be very very exciting. So there's a lot of baseball, a lot of stories left.
Speaker 10: All right or thanks a lot for the time. Today's story is Yamamoto and also the bulldog Herscheizer's birthday. Hope you celebrated with a Dodger win on the way to Miami. I'll take you out once we land in South Beach tonight.
Speaker 14: Well, thank you so much for I think at one o'clock in the morning, we'll go to bed.
Speaker 6: Okay, thanks a lot for the time.
Speaker 14: Okay, I can get the senior discount when you take me out at five o'clock.
Speaker 6: Yeah, no doubt. Let's do it even better. We'll send it back to you in the studio. Tim, all right, thanks a lot.
Speaker 1: DV.
Speaker 3: Happy birthday to the great Oral Hersheizer.
Speaker 2: Dodgers Baseball is brought to you by Shaky's Pizza Parlor, the official pizza partner of the Dodgers Audio broadcast.
Speaker 3: When it's game night, it's group night at Shaky's dot Com.
Speaker 2: Lead you up to first pitch Dodgers and Brains coming up. We'll dive deeper into this pitching matchup. I'm Tim Katson's Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: This is Marongo Casino Dodgers on tack on your home for the Blue All season.
Speaker 2: Long Dodgers and Brains from Atlanta, final game of this four game series, Dodgers trying to get out of there with the split first pitch coming up at four twenty.
Speaker 1: And now before the Dodgers hit the dining we look at the pitching.
Speaker 2: Matchup presented by your Southern California Toyota Dealers. Turn your trail dominating off roading dreams into a reality in an all new twenty twenty fours of combas See here Toyota Dealer Today they make it easy. Max Freed on the Mountain nine to nine with a three forty six ERA. Thirty year old left hander, first round pick on a Harvard West Lake High School in twenty twelve, is eighth season already in the Big Leagues, making his twenty seventh start of the season last time out six innings, four runs, eleven hits, six strikeouts and a loss of the Nationals against the Dodgers. In his career nine starts, he's three and three with a three h two ERA sixty three strikeouts. He beat the Dodgers last September, going seven shutout innings while striking out ten. Yoshinobu Yamamoto on the mound for the Dodgers. The twenty five year old right hander six and two on this season, and he has been impressive when healthy with the two eighty eight ERA in his first season here.
Speaker 3: In the big leagues.
Speaker 2: Making his sixteenth start of this season, his second start since coming back from his shoulder injury, Yamamoto last time out four innings, one run, three hits, eight strikeouts. Remember he was on a pitch count, making his first start since June, and he threw fifty nine pitches forty two for a strike Expect that to rise by a little bit as he continues to get lengthened out here, hopefully for a deep playoff push. Yamamoto's start brought to you by eto ins oy Ocho, Japan's number one green tea and the tea that Shoeyotani loves and drinks available to local Diso stores, Amazon and Etoin dot Com.
Speaker 3: That's it, o e N dot Com.
Speaker 2: Dodgers braves, We're fifteen minutes away from first pitch in this series finale. Keys to the Game with Rick and Tim ar Next. I'm Tim Katson. This is Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: Were saying, Yes, he's Morongo Casino Dodgers on jeck On, the official home of La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 2: Dodgers and Braves, final game of this four game series from Atlanta. Yoshanova Yamamoto, Max Freed. The pitching matchup Dodgers Baseball brought to you by Speedy Cash, official sponsor of every LA Weekend. Find out more at Speedy Cash dot Commerce. Stopping in LA Area Speedy Cash Store. All right, let's head back out to the booth one final time before first pitch. Rick Monday, Tim Never guys.
Speaker 4: Tim, thanks again, We're getting you ready for this one, the fourth and final game the Dodgers trying to salvage a split in this four game series with the Atlanta Braves. Yoshanoba Yamamoto makes the start six and two in an era of two seventy seven. His last time out, first time since the fifteenth of June in a Major League game, was against the Cubs. He was very good four innings, just allowed three hits, one earned run, but his splitter was absolutely terrific.
Speaker 7: It was off the charity. Also had eight strikeouts fifty nine pitches in those four innings that he works, So we'll see how he's going to work tonight. One thing to look at with Yamamoto if we include the entire season the first pitch that has been put in play in a bat, it's a very high batting average right at four hundred. We'll see how that splitter works and if he uses it early in counts.
Speaker 4: Tonight, Max Freed going for the Braves. Interesting thing about Freed is his splits. They are totally reversed. Left handers hitting much better than right handers against the south ball three point thirty one for left handed hitters against them. So keep an eye on Freddie Freeman and Max Munsey tonight.
Speaker 7: Yeah. And also he pitched against the Dodgers in LA on the fifth and May went seven innings, but he was tagged with a loss. Why well, they gave up a couple of home runs, including a first inning home run by shoh Otani that was on a hanging curveball and that was again a spot where Bens walked and then O'tani came back hit the second home run of the ball game. That was after Freed had left through seven. Johnny went three for three against Fred in that game. Freed making is twenty seventh start.
Speaker 4: Yamamoto making his sixteenth start Branson Dodgers wrapping up this series. Magic number to clinch the division is down to ten.
Speaker 2: All right, Yeah, Dodgers start the night eighty eight and sixty one is they take on the Braves. Meanwhile, the Brewers, who are two games back for the second overall spot in the National League, will play host to the Phillies Diamondbacks in Colorado to take on the Rockies. A little bit later on tonight's Padres played host to the Houston Astros. Dodger fans and Hatcher listening experience. Download the iHeartRadio app and listen to HD. It's all powered by Lacare Health Plans serving all Angelinos lakare dot org. All right, download the app now because first pitch is coming up next. Dodgers Braves. I'm Tim Kates has been wrong with Casino Dodgers on Deck. I'm a Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network