Speaker 1: We aren't there more protests about potholes? Is that what's going on in l A right now. I'm not following the news it's going on. I just see crowds and I'm assuming it's about potholes. Yeah, were you guys watching a lot of that last night?
Speaker 2: No, No, I went at it with I'll show you're gone ruling it dixcept with similar sweet pursuing it, puddled out, Shawl shank through the sewer, Kid, Now what chilling at the eagle? Yeah, we're doing it.
Speaker 3: Three clock on the dock.
Speaker 2: Got a habit for my house, a golf status, Howard starting to get crattic shows that enough multiplied like a rabbit.
Speaker 3: Tune in, zone out, creaking up beat the habit.
Speaker 4: I'm hang out with my friend, rocking it on the radio.
Speaker 5: My boys Binches talking on the ring.
Speaker 6: It's all baby.
Speaker 3: Baby, go kat Chin.
Speaker 6: Let's see all the home radio.
Speaker 7: Ah.
Speaker 8: Yes, Happy Thursday, everybody world famous, Ben and Skin Show, thank you for tuning in today. Ben Rogers, Jeff skin Wade, Christina Kray, a little baby corn Bread Ray and Kevin kat Turner all of us are going to be at the Chalk Talk Casino and resort and Durant Tomorrow, we'd love for you to stop by. We'll do our show there from three to six. Maybe you're heading out there to you know, get a room and stay a little bit longer and have a great time.
Speaker 3: We're very much looking forward to that.
Speaker 8: But today, myself, Skin and Kat all got to the studio at the same time. Yes, holed into our parking garage, got out of our cars, were getting ready to walk in, and Kat was just stuck in the mud over by his car, And it was the funniest thing ever. Couldn't figure out what he was doing. As we started to kind of walk in, look over there at Kat and he's just stuck there. And I want to say, you know what, it reminded me of been from where we were standing and looking at him standing between two cars, it reminded me of when you have a toddler and they go stand behind a plant to go to the bathroom and they're diaper. Yes, it's kind the same energy, the same energy the way he was standing and kind of looking at us, and it was I was like, is.
Speaker 3: He going to the bathroom right now? Standing poop energy?
Speaker 1: Yes?
Speaker 3: Yeah, And so we were like, are.
Speaker 8: You pooping KT, you know, cause you don't want to get into space if he is having a good poop, you don't want to like scare them off. You're like, and so you're like, are you having a good poopy? And he was like, do you want some crackers? No? No, and he goes, I got a cramp, And so we're like, what he having some mind doll? He had a cramp, and so he was cramped up, and so he then started trying to catch up to us, but he was like dragging a dead foot behind him. It was like he was just total peg legging it. You had dead foot, dude.
Speaker 1: I did it a little bit, but I also, you know, well dehydrated. But also it's also pregnancy as well, so right, oh chance, I'm a bit preggers.
Speaker 3: Okay with cramp? Who's the dad? I don't know, it could be anyone. He's putting it out there in that way.
Speaker 8: But I did notice this as I was staring at KT limping in, I was like, man, he looks great. He kind of looks like a firefighter. And I was like, what is it about him? Why does he look so good today? And it's just one of those days where he's gone with a mustache. Oh no, no, that was just a slug that was on my face from him. KT is rocking a full mustache right now, and I think he could be a mustache guy.
Speaker 1: And he's wearing a shirt that says free Mustache Rides.
Speaker 3: He's so clever.
Speaker 1: It's like the guys that wear the FBI Federal Booby Inspector shirts.
Speaker 3: Those guys never get like those are great shirts though. Okay, so you're not willing to commit to the mustache though? Why not? I just don't like it very much.
Speaker 1: How but you're wearing it? Oh yeah, I was when I shaved my beard. I always like to have the mustache for a day. How does become tradition? How does the lady friends? It's a tradition like no other. Why do you shave the beard.
Speaker 3: Because it gets too hairy? And like, I don't be a beard is.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but like I don't like what it gets too big. It's hot because it's trimming and maintenances work when you can just go clean. And then I shave my face and look like lesbian for a couple of weeks. Yeah, but then I get back to where I want to be. The early stages of the beard is great. I like being there.
Speaker 8: When his gets too full, he gets a lot of cream of mushroom soup dried up in it.
Speaker 1: I never had cream of mushroom soup, you know. I only like one soup.
Speaker 3: What is it?
Speaker 1: Tomato?
Speaker 8: Oh yeah, well, then why do you consider yourself the guy to come to for soups and showders.
Speaker 1: I did not consider myself that. I just said to holler at me, and people miss People misrepresented that and took that as he's the expert, and I was like, no, just let me know it was. It was one of the strangest claims anyone's ever made on the radio, but also maybe my favorite.
Speaker 3: Holler at me.
Speaker 8: When it comes to soups and chowdahs, bisks, that's bisks. That's what knocked that station up here anything. It was going so well, and then nobody tuned in that day. It was like, oh my god, it was pretty impressive.
Speaker 1: It was pretty impressive that we never got any traction, not even a semblance.
Speaker 8: Of ass might be going okay, oh man, your morning show had a gazillion podcasts download the download No, I'm saying the podcast downloads were off the charts on that thing you never know.
Speaker 1: You never know that was you know that was Venus. We're on Earth now, He's right.
Speaker 8: Okay, but you I think you could be a mustache guy, and it's you know, to be a guy like for instance, Troy Duncan was a bow tie guy. Right, Yeah, there's different things you can do to be that guy. You could be a silk shirt guy. I dabbled with that for one day, and I think I could be a Hawaiian shirt guy. But if you do become a quote unquote guy, you got to commit to that. So what is more heart? What is more difficult to commit to them being a mustache guy or being a Hawaiian shirt guy. And what are some of the other types of guys you could be me personally or any guy in general, any guy in general, a handy guy.
Speaker 1: His skin's had a hard time committing to be in the straight guy. I like to dabble.
Speaker 3: But Christine is a guitar gal. She's a guitar gal.
Speaker 1: Yeah, thank you. Trying to figure out what girls can be.
Speaker 3: Yeah, in the kitchen girls, you could be a couple of things.
Speaker 9: Okay, I need permission before you could be a dishwasher gal.
Speaker 3: Explain to her what she could do with her life.
Speaker 8: Yes, here's your limited options, liming to now put this dress on.
Speaker 9: Yeah, drive no, no, no, no no no.
Speaker 1: Don't drive. Don't drive, don't drive.
Speaker 8: Yeah, And I think, uh, you know, I think back.
Speaker 3: To Jerry Freyley rest in peace, the Great Jerry fran He was.
Speaker 8: He was a Hawaiian shirt guy, was in a in a Rangers, boring dry baseball press box. Yeah, but he was also a boring dry person and in a fun shirt and so it was kind of a weird deal. His appearance was one of someone that was always headed to a Jimmy Buffett concert but was not going to enjoy it.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Meanwhile, his competitor, Evan Grant, was yeah, like actually doing it. That's what's very strange about weird sceneing that.
Speaker 3: I just I just made.
Speaker 8: So I just think you got a good thing going to this mustache and I think you need to stick with it. You look like a firefighter. You look like an off duty firefighter right now. Yeah, that's good because that means I've got a couple of days off really good. All right, Well, if people come to Chalk Talk tomorrow and Durant, Oklahoma can they see your mustang.
Speaker 1: Not a chance.
Speaker 3: It's not gonna make it through the night. I doubt it. Why bring a half mustache? Might start shaving it in Skin segment. All right, you're gonna want to hear this segment.
Speaker 8: Speaking of that coming up next Skin, We're gonna take us in things.
Speaker 3: Skin is tracking well.
Speaker 8: I have some audio from a recent podcast from a man named Pablo Torre.
Speaker 1: You guys know him.
Speaker 8: Yes, I think his podcast proves that I should be running the Oklahoma City Thunder.
Speaker 3: And we'll do that next.
Speaker 8: Then and Skin Show ninety seven point one the Eagle. Thank you for hanging out with us today. Now, we have a set of tickets that we can give away for the Rangers Royals.
Speaker 1: I believe that's June nineteenth. Think we got a four pack of that hoe.
Speaker 8: So if you want to go to Rangers Royals, you better have the iHeart app, the streaming app and on it.
Speaker 1: You know, it's a free app.
Speaker 8: You can stream our show, listen to our podcasts, all the great iHeart programming. There's a microphone. If you click on it, you can leave a thirty second talk back. The third person right now to leave a talk back with their name their phone number, their email address, and the answer to the question which one member of the show showed up today with a mustache. We're just talking about it. One of us showed up today with a mustache and a limpfoot, and if you can tell us who that person is, you are going to win Rangers Royals four pack.
Speaker 3: Very excited about that, all right.
Speaker 8: We do have lots to get to today, including KT promised to something called a technology thing, and we're going to be doing that at the bottom of this hour. Come up here in about eighteen minutes or so. But right now it's time for this.
Speaker 10: Is track.
Speaker 1: Yeah, another edition of things Skin is Traffic. All right.
Speaker 8: This is kind of a little two part deal here that I want to tell you, guys, quick story about Ben. You've probably heard me say this many times. You're aware of this. I have a unique string. I would call it a friendship because he does get back to me and I do consider as friends. But we've never hung out together outside of an NBA arena, but I've had several text messages with him. Sam Presty the general manager of the Oklahoma City Thunder. Now, if you don't know much about Sam Presty, compare him to John Daniels in that he was a NBA GM at like I believe the age of twenty nine or maybe it was thirty. He was very young, and he's very smart. He went to Emerson, which is a liberal arts college. He played Division III basketball, and he worked for the San Antonio Spurs. And as the story goes, he was just begged and begged and begged and had all this data and reams of data and all this computer work he had done to tell the Spurs that they needed to draft this kid out of France named Tony Parker. And Tony Parker came and worked out, and Popped said hell no, and like him?
Speaker 3: Huh. He didn't like him.
Speaker 1: He didn't like him, and Presty just stayed.
Speaker 8: On and on and on and on and on, and finally they brought him back in and Pops relented and they drafted him number nineteenth, and he went into the Hall of Fame with Dirk.
Speaker 1: In fact, during his Hall of Fame.
Speaker 8: Speech, he even said he gave special thanks to Sam Presty for making Pop draft him. So anyway, so Sam Presty gets this GM job and he goes to the Seattle Sonic so think you're a young man, you're gonna be the GM and you're gonna go to Seattle, one of the coolest cities. And then they moved to Oklahoma City and a controversy and anyways, he this year one NBA Executive of the Year. He's very very private, I mean very private. But Ben and I worked, and Katie you might have did you ever work or you might have too? Christige, you guys ever worked with Meredith and promotions over.
Speaker 1: At the Ticket Not intimately? No, Okay.
Speaker 8: So she went to college with Sam Presty, all right, and she was good friends with Sam Presty in college. And because she was, she had a CD that he made in the nineties. It was a rap jazz CD called All Things Considered. And she gave it to me and I never gave it back to her, and so it's I have it and I went and looked because today on the Pablo Toro to Pablo Torre podcast he does a deep dive into Sam Presty's CD work that has been scrubbed from the internet.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, he found it.
Speaker 8: He and Pablo Torre reached out to me and said, I see this tweet from two thousand because I tweeted in twenty twelve. I took a picture of the CD and I said, here's my tweet.
Speaker 1: No, no, no, I'm sorry. Yeah, this would have been twenty twelve.
Speaker 8: I said, I have the CD from nineteen ninety nine that all NBA heads wish they had, and I tagged Mark Stein and Royce Young who was a Oklahoma City Thunder writer at the time, and I screened shotted the picture of it.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 8: And when Pablo Torre, he knew that Sam Presty had something out there, but he he you know, wanted to do it, a whole thing on it, and so he reached out to me and asked me if I had a copy of it and I would join him on his podcast. And I lied to him and I said, I don't know where it is because I knew Sam Presty would not want that out.
Speaker 11: Wow.
Speaker 3: Really, yes, that's great.
Speaker 8: Then the podcast came out today and apparently there were two Sam Presty CDs.
Speaker 3: One I didn't know existed. I have this other one.
Speaker 8: And the guy that he found was an Oklahoma City thunder or he's like a fan and a lawyer found it digging in Boston. One day, and he had uploaded it on the internet and someone had reached out to him said, hey, I really think you should pull this down, but the person never identified themselves as Sam Presty.
Speaker 3: Okay, hold on, yes, what is he doing on it? Wrapping?
Speaker 8: He's a drummer, and so what he's doing is he's doing kind of remember the mid nineties when not even the roots like Blue Note would do these compilations where they would have jazz songs with live musicians and put rappers on it, and it was kind of a fusion of rapping jazz, but it wasn't just sampling jazz. It's kind of like that. So why would he be upset about playing drums on that? Because he just doesn't want anything out there at all to be about him at all.
Speaker 3: He's got kids.
Speaker 8: Yeah, and it's not even he just he's so let's not talk about me. This is about everybody else. And it's not even like a humble thing. It's just he doesn't want any focus to be on anything about him.
Speaker 3: He's incredibly private.
Speaker 8: That's pretty John Daniels too. So I want you guys, and so and here's the thing. The reason I'm friends with him is because I never ever ask him about basketball. All we do is talk music, like we've swapped music suggestions. And the whole story too, is like he was, He's so private and our buddy Mark Stein. You know how Stein's as he should be proprietary with his relationships. He was standing there talking to Sam Presty one time and I came walking up and I just stood there with my arms folded, waiting to say something, and Presty's looking at me like what is this person doing? And Stein is like, I can tell Stein's sweating, like, no, Skin, this isn't a time for shenanigans. And as soon as they paused, Sam Presty looked at me and I said, Sam, my name is Skinwaite and I'm friends with Meredith eleven. And he went, oh my god, and like just a real person was suddenly there.
Speaker 1: What is she doing like?
Speaker 8: And we became friends instantly, and Stein was like, what is happening right now? And again all we ever do is talk music. But in this podcast today, I want to play this for you. This is why we are Kindred spirits. He went back to twenty twelve in a very rare preseason interview where Presty is talking about music, and listen, we have three clips here.
Speaker 1: Play the first one.
Speaker 8: This is him, and first you start talking about He's like, well, you guys caught me on a good day to even be talking about this, But play this.
Speaker 7: I like, which many people in here probably don't really care about, but I'll say anyway because I'm interested in it.
Speaker 1: I like watching I like music documentaries.
Speaker 7: V H one has this this series called Classic Albums.
Speaker 6: Has anyone ever seen this?
Speaker 7: It's like, I'm totally hooked. And if you know where to if you know where to find the actuals, like set of them, let me know. I can't find them, so I do much of most of my viewing on YouTube, but.
Speaker 1: They've got like all these.
Speaker 7: It basically takes you back through how the albums were made to like Pink Floyd the Wall. Jay Z's reasonable doubt was that was really good Steely Dan Asia, and you go back like the producer and and you hear what they were thinking and the artists themselves, what they were thinking when they were doing the actual recording. It's just fascinating. I think it's it's really really good.
Speaker 3: I mean, is that wow?
Speaker 12: Okay?
Speaker 8: Then they follow up and then they're like, okay, well, what kind of docs would you like to see?
Speaker 1: Sam?
Speaker 7: Pretty much anything by James Brown to be fascinated by, you know, just to see the like just kind of how he guided the bands, because the bands were just so tight and so well put together. And be fascinated by by that kind of blue by Miles Davis. You know, to see that history basically coming together, that would be awesome.
Speaker 1: So I'll stop there.
Speaker 3: So does he know you turned down Pablo Tory?
Speaker 8: He does, Okay, you appreciate it, but if.
Speaker 1: You want to watch it, it's out and it's an hour long. And he so he found one of the CDs.
Speaker 8: He has Branford Marsalis, the legendary saxophone player who's also friends with Sam Presty, reviewing some of the music and like the Dog. It's a mini podcast, but it's fascinating, it's really good. It's only like an hour long. But yeah, Pablo Torre was determined to make his Finals preview about Sam Presty's secret music career. I think he took all the proceeds. I had known this. He took all the proceeds and donated it to charity. And it's like he even says at the beginning of the album, He's like, I'm not a jazz aficionado. I'm not a rap of pihonado. I just have music in my head and I want to get good musicians to I mean, he's a very methodical, thoughtful man, and I personally think he's making a mistake by not going out there and talking about this stuff.
Speaker 3: But he don't want to.
Speaker 8: Man, but you can't stop so crazy. It's crazy and populatory. Did a really good job of digging up some stuff. Man, Damn, that is cool, very impressive that you didn't turn it over all right. Coming up next, Kat, where you gonna take us?
Speaker 1: Well, I've got a little something for you about the age of some of these apps and companies that you didn't know. It's that technology thing.
Speaker 3: Next. Yes, we love technology. We do love it.
Speaker 1: Age West Lives nineties. I saw a tweet this morning I thought would be fun because you guys kind of know how my organized brain works. But I do like looking back on things and how have things aged? And this is a very simple game. We'll do it in the form of higher lower of that game. And it's going to be a simple question. How old are these companies. All right, okay, so Christina, because you're a lady and I believe that women should get the right to go first, and she won the toss backstay, you're making.
Speaker 3: Sure that she goes first.
Speaker 1: She goes first, toss the coin toss. Yeah, that we had backstage, which is really in the break room. Higher lower higher?
Speaker 3: Lower? Game? How old is TikTok.
Speaker 11: Goood?
Speaker 1: Ten years?
Speaker 3: So do you say lower? Does that mean fewer? How old is it?
Speaker 13: Like?
Speaker 3: What's its age?
Speaker 4: Does it?
Speaker 3: Does everybody understand what I'm saying? Like lower age?
Speaker 1: She guess that it's ten years so less than so fewer?
Speaker 3: Okay?
Speaker 1: Five?
Speaker 9: Oh no, I had to say out loud to make sense. Okay, higher than five.
Speaker 1: It was not created in twenty twenty okay or twenty fifteen.
Speaker 3: I will say.
Speaker 1: Eight, correct, Ben Rogers Technology King, So far good, he's got one.
Speaker 3: We'll start with Skin this time.
Speaker 1: Yep.
Speaker 11: Skin.
Speaker 3: How old is your good friend Amazon?
Speaker 8: Amazon, the shopping giant as it were, that came out in the year.
Speaker 1: Two thousand and.
Speaker 8: Two, So it is Oh, okay, I'm sorry, okay, that's twenty three years old. Higher, Ben, I'm gonna say it is thirty years old.
Speaker 1: Higher, Christina thirty five lower skin. What's up, Kevin, let's go thirty two lower? Ben thirty one correct. Nineteen ninety four, the year that Amazon began.
Speaker 3: Is that very good?
Speaker 1: And Ben Rogers has two proving why he is the tech god. Ben, Yeah, did we do the math on that Coca cola? What did you say?
Speaker 3: Ninety ninety four? Ninety four?
Speaker 8: He wants to stop it down and addit the game, and Christina's for it.
Speaker 3: She was like, yeah, well it's good.
Speaker 1: It'd be thirty two. Yeah, I'd be thirty one, right twenty It is thirty one. Thirty one was the answer. Oh my bad. I thought you're peck Go ahead, Katy questioned me, let me cook Ben, you have the lead. But Coca Cola is what we need to know. How old is Coca cola?
Speaker 3: Coca Cola? Kevin is ninety years old? Higher?
Speaker 1: Christina, Wow, one hundred years old? Higher skin?
Speaker 8: So the brand Coca Cola or the ingredients that were used for dentistry the band bruh, Yeah, okay, you said how old Christina?
Speaker 1: One hundred. I'm gonna go one hundred and ten higher, Ben one hundred and twenty higher, two hundred lower I don't think that was a good guess. I'm trying to just even it all eighteen twenty five.
Speaker 8: I'm going to go one hundred and thirty five lower Ben one hundred and twenty five.
Speaker 1: Higher Christina one twenty seven higher, Skin one thirty higher Ben.
Speaker 3: One thirty three, lower Christina one thirty two correct, Wow one thirty two.
Speaker 1: Which doing the math of take us backs in nineteen twenty five minus thirty two, eighteen ninety three would be the year that Coca Cola begain.
Speaker 3: Eighteen ninety three.
Speaker 1: Isn't that crazy?
Speaker 11: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Yeah, Ben two, Skin zero Christina one over to Christina, Christina?
Speaker 3: When did Twitter X? How old is it?
Speaker 1: Not?
Speaker 3: When? How old is it? S?
Speaker 1: Go with I wish we could just guess the year twenty three years old?
Speaker 3: Lower?
Speaker 1: Okay, let me do the math right click? Okay, So I think it's eighteen years old. Nineteen You're a dirty horror.
Speaker 8: Technically started in I think people have taken a run at you.
Speaker 3: I just knew Skin did the math.
Speaker 8: I just looked over at his test as the teaser told him that was wrong.
Speaker 1: Squeeze in one more here, Skin, your turn. What about our friends over at Netflix? Yeah, they let me do the math. So twenty six years old, hire, Ben thirty lower, Christina twenty seven, Christina back twenty two, bit so close nineteen ninety eight when Netflix has created a different model.
Speaker 3: Then we're gonna hear from our friends.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna cover my paper. We're gonna hear from our friends Ben and Skin about Choctaw, which we will be tomorrow. And then coming up the exciting conclusion to this technology thing.
Speaker 3: That's right, this technology thing.
Speaker 8: Yeah, but now let's hand it back over to kt who has us right in the middle of something called this technology thing.
Speaker 1: Yes, Ben has three, Christina has two. Skin, you have nothing, but you have plenty of time. And basically it's a tweet I saw that had a bunch of these companies and when they began or how old they are right now, which is kind of interesting to me. I had no idea that Coca Cola was created in eighteen ninety three. So Ben, we're over to you to start this time. How old is Nintendo? Very famous right now for the Nintendo Switch to which has sold a ton endo. He's all right, guys, how old or what is the elders Nintendo?
Speaker 8: It is going to be Kevin is going to be thirty eight years.
Speaker 1: Old higher, Christina forty higher, Skin forty four higher, Ben.
Speaker 3: What they're probably doing, like, oh yeah, yeah, yeah, maybe.
Speaker 1: Uh crap fifty higher, Christina rate fifty three higher, sixty higher, eighty higher, ninety higher. Did they make Coca Cola? I'm gonna say one hundred and four higher, one hundred and forty lower, Christina one ten higher, Skin one toney higher, Ben one thirty higher, Christina one thirty five higher, Skin one thirty seven lower, God one thirty six.
Speaker 3: That's correct.
Speaker 1: Let's go whoa one thirty six is on a heater?
Speaker 3: Uh, pretty good job right there? One hundred and thirty six?
Speaker 4: Who knew?
Speaker 8: Who were you talking to? And you said, pretty good job right there? Were you talking to Nintendo or US or were specifically?
Speaker 14: Then?
Speaker 3: For Christina to Christina?
Speaker 1: Yes, everyone wants a tesla?
Speaker 3: How old's tesla? A tesla?
Speaker 1: I don't think they're that old? Almospers twenty five years.
Speaker 11: Old, fifteen higher, twenty higher, twenty three lower, damn it twenty two yes, twenty one.
Speaker 15: Man there technology, I get him go fie for been zero for skinning to Christina right now, Ben and Christina all attention is about pitching a shut out here.
Speaker 11: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's where everything has gone to.
Speaker 1: I'd like this to turn into a two point round. This will be Jeff skin Way. You know what I'm feeling charitable today?
Speaker 8: As Alway, If I get this right right out the gate, can I win the whole thing?
Speaker 1: I like it. I'm not feeling that charitable.
Speaker 8: Or if I don't get it right right out the gate, I'm then kicked out of the game, and I do suffer a shutout.
Speaker 1: Speaking of charitable, we'll see if the Cars for Kids car Show on June twenty cars Kids dot Org, Instagram, skin Instagram.
Speaker 3: Oh I g how old is it? Yep?
Speaker 8: I'm gonna go two points? Yeah, oh yeah, I think that is. Let me do the math, carry the thing and then put the other thing right there, I mean, just right there.
Speaker 3: Waste some time, No, I'm not. I'm going thirteen high, fifteen lower fourteen. You'll get the two points. So twenty eleven would have been the year of Instagram. Yep.
Speaker 1: Crazy five for Ben, four for Christina, zero for skin this and a three pointer Ben.
Speaker 8: Oh hell yeah, Apple, okay, Apple, Tim Apple.
Speaker 3: My favorite is that.
Speaker 1: My name is Tim Cook.
Speaker 3: Sixty five years old.
Speaker 1: Uh lower, Christina, fifty five lower forty nine ten netflix forty nine forty nine. That is correct, four pointed for skin a three pointer for skin way. I think it was a four pointer.
Speaker 3: It was a three pointer, no.
Speaker 1: Forty nine, so that would make us sevnineteen seventy six.
Speaker 3: Yeah, wow, wow.
Speaker 1: Christina will start at this time. It's a four pointer. Four pointers, CHRISTINAA mm hmm. When did our good friends over at Nokia get going? You remember Nokia?
Speaker 9: I do.
Speaker 1: Think about this kind of forty five hire, Okay, hold on here, fifty seven.
Speaker 3: Hire sixty eight Hire sixty nine.
Speaker 1: I wanted to say it ninety two hire, wow, wow, one hundred and seven hire one ten, Hire one twenty hire one fifty hire what one eighty lower?
Speaker 3: So it's between one eighty and one fifty yep? What sixty five?
Speaker 1: One fifty eight Hire one sixty Christina Rage has done it again?
Speaker 5: Who I know?
Speaker 1: The whole time, I just wanted to wait and actually make a game.
Speaker 3: Out of it.
Speaker 1: One sixty So nineteen twenty five minus sixty eighteen sixty five is when Nokia started cracking out those flip phones right after the emancipation proclamation.
Speaker 3: It's snake on that thing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you get text by hitting the four enough times to get the letter g out not good day. That's how you text someone.
Speaker 3: That's enough. Good job, We're all no technology, pretty good? All right, well done, Kevin.
Speaker 8: The technology thing coming up next in the Hollywood Shuffle. Let's go to prison. We'll talk a little NBA finals all that's coming your way.
Speaker 1: Next, juicy news, hot god.
Speaker 13: Every come, stay on the top in the shovel Wood shrif.
Speaker 1: All right, let's go to prison today, guys, you guys, we go to prison. No, and this is not Diddy trial oriented though, by the way, just so you know, because a lot of people are exhausted by it. They're just tired of hearing about it. So we're not gonna do that. R. Kelly's in jail. He's trying to get out though. He's trying to get an emergency motion to be released from prison. He's saying his life is in immediate danger because the Nazis are trying to kill him. My question is do you get what you deserve or should things be humane in prison?
Speaker 3: One four seven eight seven.
Speaker 1: I thought you were going to say he was trying to get out of prison because his bladder was full.
Speaker 3: I only have come on, I only have.
Speaker 8: Sympathy for the people that are in prison that didn't do it, so they should be in a different prison. So like the Andy du Frans who didn't commit the crime and are just being punished and having to do a bunch of paperwork for the warden and like helping everybody with their taxes and stuff, but they're really not guilty. Those specific guys. I have sympathy for guys like r Kelly. I don't have a lot of sympathy.
Speaker 1: For Yeah, it's tough because it felt like there's a lot of mounting evidence on him, right, there's tons mounting. No, the evidence was mounting. There was there was many forms of evidence.
Speaker 8: I don't think you used that Jerry was properly, But he wasn't mounting. He was just standing over and streaming.
Speaker 1: Oh, we have murder cases where we got the DNA wrong or we got a fingerno clipping wrong or something that's terrible. There was like multiple instances, but it is kind of crazy. You go to prison and automatically it's like, yeah, okay, I could get raped, I could get murdered, And maybe that's just a part of what you get. But he's filing this junction, okay, trying to get out here because he says there's a murder for higher plot involving prison officials and another inmate to have him whacked. So he doesn't want to get whacked.
Speaker 3: Oh wants to get whacked.
Speaker 8: Or just not by the Nazis off the planet. And he wants to get whacked off the planet. You know, that's what would happened.
Speaker 3: He would die.
Speaker 8: I'm a big believer in rehabilitation. I am too, and so for that reason, I'm not cool with just like, hey man, prison rape too bad, I'm not cool with that either. And I realized there's really heinous, horrible humans that have done some horrible stuff, and you can make compelling evidence for eye for an eye style. I get all that, but I just think that the culture inside those bars is not humane and really what we stand for. But if you don't act humane, do you deserve to be treated human?
Speaker 3: Like feel?
Speaker 8: I think we could. I'm like in favor of the death penalty. If you do something super heinous, Bam, you're gone. Just thanks for stopping by. Good luck in the next round.
Speaker 1: I think you should have to live with your health. Yeah, got to pay for that, but they don't pay for it that much. He's not they like have conditioning systems or prisons. I'm gonna go out to the Golden rule quick and I for an eye? Is the golden rule that leaves a room full of blind men? So terrible golden rule? And the golden rule is the r. Kelly rule.
Speaker 3: No, it's a different one. He had a different set of rules, but they were golden.
Speaker 9: Isn't why? This is why there are different like levels of prisons, right, Like the worse the crime. So maybe he shouldn't have been doing so many bad things. He wouldn't be in such.
Speaker 3: A bad thank you, finally a voice of reason.
Speaker 1: I think like, and that's where you get like and I think this is terrible too, but like, okay, so you think you're gonna get whacked off the planet by the Nazis, then solitary confinement is your other option. I don't think sorry about you a good plan either. But also, if you've done that many crimes, maybe the only play is sorry about you.
Speaker 8: Solitary confinement is cruel and inhuman. Look what it did to Bane.
Speaker 3: That's a great Point's great I just watch that again.
Speaker 1: Elsewhere in prison news? Does this name a music artist of the last ten years? Does this name ring a bail? What Salento? It's what you can put on a sandwich to make it taste fresh.
Speaker 3: That's cilantro. Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, that's good.
Speaker 1: Celenjoe Is has been sentenced to thirty years in prison for the fatal shooting of his cousin. He is the rapper although he shot his cousin and then he got thirty years. R Kelly got thirty years for all his six stuff. Silento is the rapper known for watch Me Whip, Watch Me and an A, Oh My? Do you remember that? I do remember that.
Speaker 3: That guy is in prison. He blew it. He was set, had we had one hit, he was set for life. It's done.
Speaker 1: He had to shoot his cousin.
Speaker 8: I don't know if he got publishing on that song. I really did not know the name of the artist. That's the name of the artist either.
Speaker 1: Until I saw the story this morning. I didn't, and I wanted to see if you guys would know thought about watching Me Whip Ernane in ten years either?
Speaker 8: All right, there you have it. That's really good. Let's go to prison. For the Hollywood Shuffle that was uplifting. Coming up in just three minutes, let's take a look at the NBA Finals.
Speaker 3: Don't go anywhere.
Speaker 8: We'll run the NBA Finals through Skins Basketball Brain. That's coming up in just three minutes. Next on the Eagle before Ben and Skin Show ninety some point one The Eagle, Thanks for hanging with us today.
Speaker 3: Ben.
Speaker 8: It's that time where we tell you the sponsor of the sports segment is Twisted Root Burger Company.
Speaker 1: And I know you love.
Speaker 3: You some Twisted Route.
Speaker 8: I mean, I think it might be the best burger in the history of Dallas Fort Worth. It's definitely in the discussion. There have been some great burgers. There's one particular burger architect that we know who may of fine, fine burger. But if you were to list out the top burgers in town, you'd be remiss not to have Twisted Root right at the top of that list. Yeah, and now they've they spent the last six months or so retooling their menu and so they've re emerged. It's even better than ever. Plus they have some Bill Drown burger options that we're big, big fans of. So what we want you to do is to visit a Twisted Root Burger Company. They're all over the Metroplex, Carrollton, Deep Elum, Arlington, Bedford, East Plain. I could go on and on, but all the locations are great. They're delicious and you're gonna have a great time. Check it out. It's the Twisted Root Burger Company. But right now it's time for this.
Speaker 3: Now this is cool around the sports.
Speaker 8: KTD Twints has all the sports.
Speaker 1: Yes, look at those Indiana Pacers. They're now up two to one in the NBA Finals after a big win last night at home over our friends of the North, our allies to the Oklahoma City thunder.
Speaker 3: Not our allies hate him. Uh and dude.
Speaker 8: I cannot believe this. I can't wait to get your thoughts on this skin. I thought that it was going to be a gentleman's sweep after you know, the Pacers took Game one.
Speaker 3: I thought, Oklahoma City.
Speaker 8: Is like, hey, what are we doing? Why are we playing with our food? Let's mop these fools up. Yeah, but it wasn't to be. And it wasn't even some incredible game by Haliburt. And it was just good balance game throughout. Yeah, good balance game throughout, and they I thought going into the series that for Indiana to have a chance, they were going to have to hit a ridiculous percentage of their threes. Oklahoma City shot better from three last night. I think what you have, you know, Indiana is a really really good team. I did not think they were an elite team. They have an elite coach. They have maybe the best coach in the NBA when it comes to just managing a game and strategizing on all of those things. When you get into a series and you have to rely on certain things, then it requires guys to step up. And the one question that I had about Oklahoma City, I was one thousand percent sure that Shay Gilgess Alexander would be up for it. My question was when other guys had to step up, were they ready. Like Jalen Williams as a player, I really like, and he had a good game last night, but I don't know that I think he's third team All NBA. I think he was third team All NBA because they were far and away the best team. They're like, well, we can't only have one guy on here. Oh, Jalen's pretty good. I think, you know, it's not that he's an unworthy All Star. But I don't think he's there yet. I think he'll be there. This is still you realize Oklahoma City's the youngest team in the NBA, right.
Speaker 3: And still and they have so many pigs.
Speaker 8: And somebody asked, so what, I wonder how they would look at this if they don't win it this year as a front office, do they panic or they say we got to make changes? I mean they have, they could do anything they wanted. Yeah, and I think that I think that they keep it together. I think they believe in the group and they believe in what they do. Just the one thing that's crazy is that they've gone through a situation before where they had they had three successive MVPs.
Speaker 3: Like think about that.
Speaker 8: The first three people that Sam Presty ever drafted all became MVP. First three draft picks were Kevin Durant, Russell Westbrook, and James Harden. All three of those guys became MVP of the league. And that's why you know we're talking about this. It's like he's regarded as maybe the best that's regarded as maybe the best runt office in all of North American sports, not just the NBA. And he won Executive of the Year this year and all this stuff. But I think that the team is so young and because they're not I don't know what they're like financially now. But the reason they broke up those three guys before is unwillingness to pay luxury tax. They're gonna have to start signing guys on down the road too, you know, And so that's but they they are very methodical and very strategic. I think they keep it together personally, especially with Luca leaving the Mavericks. I mean, I bet that they probably looked at that and said, okay, that that takes a team that we were struggling with out of the picture. Now we'll see how bad. We'll see how the Mavericks bounce back next year. But they're still the bell of the ball in the West. I want them to win it this year because I think it helps the Mavericks explain. If Oklahoma City wins this year, they're going to have that championship meet in their belly, and it's hard to go back to back because it's hard to have that fire, yeah, right, And so I'd rather they just were fat and happy and satisfied with me and Champs and ah darn, we didn't go back to back. But if they lose after being the best team of the NBA and they're the youngest team of the NBA, there'll be hell to pay next year.
Speaker 1: I mean if they what if they sit there and they look at their organization and they determine. Man, our MVP player was just getting blown by all night when we got to have a guy who can play defense wins championships.
Speaker 3: Do you like that?
Speaker 1: That that that's going around now? Is it the blown by stats from Shay versus Luca last year?
Speaker 3: Oh, because she's getting blown by.
Speaker 1: He's had some blown bys, oh more than Luca apparently, yeah, total, But I don't know.
Speaker 8: I got to trade him for an aging injured player. Now, let me say I've seen I have not seen. I that's funny. I have not seen uh you know, those stats validated.
Speaker 3: I've just seen it on Twitter. Sure, And I alsoaym same, dude.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 8: I'm also a little like APPREHENSI about the idea of blown by stats, Like, all right, come on, man, my blown by stats were terrible in high school. Oh no, man, man, well we'll get even in marriage. Still really low? Ah, man, Well, we'll get back into sports a little bit later when we do Cowboys Kerosene. That's what that's coming up at five o'clock.
Speaker 1: We good with that?
Speaker 8: Yeah, all right, fantastic Katie. Explain what's happening next. In food news, Let's play the.
Speaker 6: Feud time.
Speaker 1: Insane.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I got some food news for you guys.
Speaker 1: I thought you might like this, But in order to really set the tone, I think we should start here.
Speaker 3: Let's go cry out. It feels like a Friday exact day.
Speaker 1: Ramp up the few, rampant up a few.
Speaker 3: That's right. It's time too family.
Speaker 16: It's time too few time family, fube time, too few tamp familyked you, Let's few tamp family you, Let's few timp family.
Speaker 2: Let's be, let's feet on to you, let's be, let's be here to Richard Dawson, scotch out.
Speaker 3: It's time to someone whistling. We need buzzwords.
Speaker 1: If we don't get buzzwords here, then we're never going to be able to play the feud.
Speaker 3: Christina will start with you.
Speaker 6: Go.
Speaker 1: I got guda cheese right here.
Speaker 3: So gudda okay, gudda for Christina?
Speaker 9: Good?
Speaker 1: Skin monster monster okay for skin monster good Okay, Chedder Juban's got Cheddar.
Speaker 8: Couldn't come up with the more exotic sound and cheeks over there? That's your deal, American craft American slashes.
Speaker 1: All right, Well, well you will have the top nine answers on the board. Nine cheapest fast Monster Jeff skin White McDonald's number nine bad wow.
Speaker 3: Ben, Taco Bell.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's the number one answer, Ben, would you like to pass or play the question for those listening at home, is the cheapest fast food chains in the United States?
Speaker 3: I'd like to play.
Speaker 17: Ben's gonna past factory sound like the new Kendrick.
Speaker 3: I don't think it does, sir.
Speaker 1: I don't think it does, all right, Ben, the top nine and by nine I mean nine fast food chains in the United States, but one and nine are gone. Taco Casa. Taco Casa, he says, started in Tuscaloosa. By the way, really so I love taco costs.
Speaker 3: That was very revelatory.
Speaker 8: Without knowing the parameters, Taco cost is cheaper than Taco Bell. But I don't think there is pervasive across the.
Speaker 3: United States, all right.
Speaker 1: Burger King, Burger better Burger King, he says, number three correct. One strike.
Speaker 3: Wendy's number two Wendy's.
Speaker 1: Wow, even though you used to klind that they had craft burgershow the second cheapest.
Speaker 8: One of the things that we learned during that stretches that Ben considers it a craft burger based on the paper Stract two for Ben, alright, that's your paper. I think you're gonna fail.
Speaker 1: We need answer, sir, Yeah.
Speaker 3: Long jaunt and silver.
Speaker 13: My hero.
Speaker 6: Right.
Speaker 1: I admire you, so you thank you. Skin got a crack at it. Christina, you will not have the choice. You have to pass her play. You can pass the skin or you could play for the wind.
Speaker 3: Oh, it's a great run.
Speaker 1: I'll play.
Speaker 3: She's gonna playnna play. That's gonna play huge.
Speaker 1: That sounds like a country song. Listen to the banjo.
Speaker 3: That's great. It's up.
Speaker 12: Fabo Okay, okay, KFC, KFC.
Speaker 3: Wow, she said, KFC. She's so good at this.
Speaker 1: And she.
Speaker 3: Number five, four, six, seven, and eight or left Christina.
Speaker 1: Top Well Cheapest fast Food Jains, Top Cheapest Fast Food James, Top nine jas Arby's.
Speaker 3: Oh, that's a tough answer.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 3: Number seven seven night and they don't charge much for them. Did you say you had it last night?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 1: And I kind of feel nauseous today.
Speaker 3: Okay, yeah, I just want to thank them for their new partnership.
Speaker 1: Love Arby.
Speaker 8: It's the best roast beef sandwiches I've ever had. It's time for the RB Sauce song of the Day. Here's a Lincoln apart.
Speaker 1: Okay, saw the day. Let's go with Sonic.
Speaker 3: Let's go there. Man, this small town girl knows what she's doing.
Speaker 1: Four and eight are on the board. That's it.
Speaker 9: Oh god, okay, I'm running out because I had those written down.
Speaker 1: Dairy Queen.
Speaker 3: Went back to her roots.
Speaker 1: Shout yeah, oh no, this is not good.
Speaker 3: You couldn't do it.
Speaker 1: Raising knes.
Speaker 3: Because they're so resigned. H skin, you can steal. Look at her trying to read KT. She's like reading the mate.
Speaker 9: Well, I'm trying to picture in my head when I drive. You know, when you see the exits, what right signs are on there?
Speaker 3: And I am just do you know of any other food places?
Speaker 1: Taco Cabana? That was a quick EG scan. You can steal if you don't get it, Ben, I'll get a chance to steal.
Speaker 9: One.
Speaker 3: If I get one, I win. I will go with Chick fil a Thea.
Speaker 18: All right, there it is that is food News, Family Feud Style Thursday in Dallas Fort Worth, and I got plans for you.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna help you out with your plans a little bit.
Speaker 8: Let's say that you are a foodie and you like the finer things like enjoying the best things like it doesn't have to be the most expensive thing. But if somebody said, hey, man, the best burger in town is here, or the best pizza in town is here, the best tacos, wouldn't you want to try it? Helly Readers of the Dallas Morning News say that Andrew's American Pizza Kitchen in Plano, Texas has the best pizza in all of DFW. Readers of the Dallas Morning News voted on that that speaks volumes. It's at Preston and Plano Parkway. They've mastered five different types of pizza. They got a great craft beer selection, they got amazing pasta TVs. As far as I can see, it's a great place to hang out. It's a great place to watch sports. The food is amazing. Get enough pizza to take some home because it heats up even better.
Speaker 3: Somehow. It's so damn good. Look people are raving about it.
Speaker 8: Go find out why the whole Metroplex says Andrew's American Pizza Kitchen is so damn good Andrews American Pizza Kitchen in Plano, Texas.
Speaker 3: But right now it's time for this. You're all working jwboards too.
Speaker 12: I like that bone.
Speaker 3: He likes the bone.
Speaker 1: The Cowboys have had some you know, mini camps, and then this week is a mandatory mini camp.
Speaker 3: But it really doesn't matter.
Speaker 1: But they've a lot of social media activity and some stuff that they've done over the past month or so on the Cowboys website. And there's a couple of things I came across thought I thought we should probably at least discuss a little bit.
Speaker 6: One of these.
Speaker 1: This is gonna be the new head coach, Brian Schottenheimer, who you will know is Shoddy, and he's hanging out outside of a golf cart with Ceedee Lamb and Micah Parsons and this is probably a Cowboys charity golf tournament or something, and they're just talking about the drink that shot he's having right now, schedule.
Speaker 6: They said, what's in the cook It's a shody?
Speaker 8: Yeah, titost t water three lemons, Oh Shoddy, shouty shotty maglove.
Speaker 18: I like it.
Speaker 6: Hey, I know, hydrate while.
Speaker 3: You while you have a good time.
Speaker 1: Ye, hydra heat up about so hot.
Speaker 3: That's why I'm not playing. That's why I'm playing.
Speaker 9: All right.
Speaker 1: So a shody we now know is a Tito's with water and three lemons. I like the genius of our new head coach telling so we could have a good time while hydrating. As a guy who experienced the leg cramp of the parking garage getting out of.
Speaker 3: The car to day, I need to hydrate more. Please describe that to Christina what you saw Ben?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 8: So uh so we talked about it a little bit earlier in the show. But this is a guy who as soon as he got out of his car, he started he stayed over by his car. Mysteriously, we all three Me, Skin and KT got here at the exact same time in three different cars, and as we started mosing over to the elevator bank, we noticed Kat was kind of anchored into the ground by his car. All standing in between the cars, They're like, Okay, he may just be doing the thing where he doesn't have to spend more time with us by waiting and waiting it out un till we got an elevator in front of him, so we just waited and then staring at him, and then of course he ended up limping over to us. Christina, this man could barely walk.
Speaker 1: I'm sorry, Katie. You okay. Happens about once every three or four weeks, a little cramp. Yeah, like uh as you guys know, I work out a lot, so little athlete taught. Yeah, you don't see people who aren't athletic get cramps. You only see athletes. You see your players on the sports field to getting there and get legs stretched out. And I just got one getting out of the car because over the last twenty four to forty eight hours, I haven't drink as much water as I typically do, and my body's going, huh, I need you to drink more water. Yes, how much do you normally drink? There, Kevin, I tried to drink a hundred ounces a day. I know, he said, gallons, one hundred ounces a day.
Speaker 8: I like the idea of you calling your workout self taught, and Todd is belled t A U T so in that audio Michael Parsons when when Shody said Tito's he goes little.
Speaker 3: Teat he say a little teat he called. You can't just abbreviate everything.
Speaker 6: They said, what's the it's a shoddy Tito's little tea?
Speaker 1: Water is that Mike is saying that. Now, there's a social media trend that's been going on where guys call their buddies. It's been going on for months now.
Speaker 8: It's the best thing happening in the grown Men African American world.
Speaker 3: But also it's now June. It's been like we're past it.
Speaker 8: Yeah, but I still will watch a video of like ten different brothers doing it and I'll cry laughing.
Speaker 1: So they call grown Men and the bid is you record yourself and you call a friend and he say, just want to wish you good night, bro.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, good neighbor. And man, dudes just can't handle this.
Speaker 6: Well.
Speaker 3: They got Micah doing it.
Speaker 1: The Cowwi social media teams got Micah doing it, and here's Micah calling shoddy and Shoddy can't handle it and immediately starts talking about Micah's contract.
Speaker 11: Coach.
Speaker 9: What you doing, man?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I just wanted to say good night.
Speaker 8: Okay, I love that bro.
Speaker 6: What's going on y'all?
Speaker 9: Good?
Speaker 7: Hell?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: You know what I mean.
Speaker 19: I just feel like you know as player to coach, just taking it on your mental say good night. Hope fans will see one day. You know, I'm excited run next.
Speaker 3: This is a good night.
Speaker 5: Well good man.
Speaker 3: Hey look hey, look, I know this is weird for everybody.
Speaker 8: Man, but look you're handling everything the right way, bro, and this thing's gonna get worked out. Yeah again, I'm just I'm thrilled to see where we take the same.
Speaker 13: Man.
Speaker 3: We're building something special and you're gonna be a huge.
Speaker 7: Part of bro.
Speaker 19: Yeah man, hell yeah, hell yeah, Shelby taking shotty for me when you got a chance.
Speaker 11: Man.
Speaker 1: Hey, I'm drinking a shotti right now.
Speaker 3: Read okay, this this leads to all sorts of questions.
Speaker 6: Yeah, post that.
Speaker 8: Can you imagine pranking Parcels? Oh my god, like like Lawrence Taylor pranking him? I mean, well you like there's now audio of him just saying he's winding down with the Tito's and water and three lemons at right before he goes to bed.
Speaker 1: There's only two pieces of audio out there. I've been in both of them. He's drinking Tito's.
Speaker 3: He no, no good.
Speaker 1: Well you can since though that he's going, Oh man, Mike is upset about this contract, right.
Speaker 3: Why would they put that out? Why would they put that up?
Speaker 8: But he calls him because immediately shot, He's like, oh no, he's saying good night.
Speaker 3: He's like lost his mind right now? Is it the contract? Is that the problem? He's also he is overbrowing him. Oh yeah, he is growing too much. It's I hate it.
Speaker 8: Whenever I go either. It happens a lot at the bank. If I have a younger teller that I'm dealing with, they will call me boss eight times.
Speaker 3: Boss is the worst. I hate it.
Speaker 8: I hate boss. Boss is the worst. I'm guilty of overbrowing, but Boss is worse than Bro. Hey, Boss, how can I help you today?
Speaker 7: Boss?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 9: Boss?
Speaker 3: What do you mean? Buss?
Speaker 1: Okay, stop calling me Boss. You a whole god?
Speaker 3: I hate people anyways. Yeah, you're your head.
Speaker 13: Come out.
Speaker 3: You're Dallas Cowboys. This is our year. Yep, that's it's our year.
Speaker 8: It's going down And now it's time for Basis Weekday up Day, featuring veteran news anchor kt fun Tweets.
Speaker 3: Here are the important stories he's currently tracking from around the world. Man tough one.
Speaker 1: This morning we found discovered there was a big crash of a Boeing seven eight seven Dreamliner. This is over in India. So this plane's taking off and then first of all I had two and forty two people on it. We have learned that there is one survivor. Oh, there is a survivor, yes, vishwash Kumar Ramish. He was in seat eleven A. So if you need to think about where you're buying your plane tickets eleven A, that's the one. He told reporters that about after thirty seconds after takeoff he heard a loud noise before the plane crashed. His plane was going from India to London. Again, two hundred and forty two people on it. It goes up and then it goes down and explodes, and it's about a forty second video and you see it. The explosion is huge.
Speaker 8: I haven't seen it. Does it explode in error? Explode on impact on the ground. Ye, impact on the ground. It takes off and then before it can really get up, it just kind of goes down at the same rate.
Speaker 3: Do you want to watch it? I mean, here's some life coverage of you watching.
Speaker 1: Okay, I'll walk around though with the most terrible plane crash video you'll see I can't believe that he survived that.
Speaker 3: I can't either.
Speaker 1: That's that's the real shocking thing, honestly, right, And he's doing interviews and stuff like he's able to talk. He was, yeah, like, is he injured?
Speaker 3: Here you go skin and stick the mind that dude.
Speaker 8: That is uh, that's like that Bruce Willis movie where he's the only guy who didn't die on the train.
Speaker 3: The train that crashes turns out to be. It's an m light Shamalan movie. They usually have a unique twist at the end. Oh that's horrible.
Speaker 9: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Are those little houses by the air?
Speaker 1: I don't know, probably a village, maybe a cottage. I don't really know the difference in those two things. Uh so a lot of people did, now though I imagine I would imagine too. You said it's India to London. Uh yeah, so, I mean there's no telling that. On flights like that, oftentimes you have high profile people. Oh like, we might end up finding out some high profile people are on that flight.
Speaker 8: I saw where they say it could take months or years to determine the cause of the crash and there like it could be bird strikes, pilot error, manufacturer defects, or inadequate maintenance, you.
Speaker 1: Know, the bird strike would fit the tone of him saying, I heard a very loud noise thirty seconds after takeoff, and that could cause the engine failure. And this was apparently a double engine failure too. Then that wouldn't be.
Speaker 3: A bird strike, right tall the birds if the birds hit it, it could I think.
Speaker 8: No, he's saying it would be so many the only skins, right, But unless it's so many birds that both engines hit birds simultaneously like a.
Speaker 3: Flock of birds.
Speaker 13: Now.
Speaker 1: Back in twenty twenty four January twenty twenty four, a fellow by the name of John Barnett was on TMZ and he was known as the Boeing whistleblower and he was talking about at the time Boeing seven thirty seven, but he also mentioned in that interview the seven eighty seven Dreamliner, which was this plane, bigger plane. And basically the whole thing is, hey, they're cutting cost, they're cutting inspec cruise, they're not putting the quality that needs to go into these things because of you know, a catastrophic accident kills a bunch of people.
Speaker 10: We all know this.
Speaker 1: And then two months after that interview, He was found dead with a gunshot wound to the head in his truck and a Charleston, South Carolina hotel.
Speaker 3: Remember that that I have stayed in. Oh, so, were you there at the time.
Speaker 1: I was not there at the time. I was there in twenty twenty three, alibi, I was before. But there is a picture of me poking my head out the window of that hotel looking into the parking lot shirtless. Really that I could tell you that it was after this. I was looking to see what happened in the parking lot.
Speaker 3: He was the whistleblower, and you were just a blower, not what happened. Hey man, your whistle.
Speaker 1: Do you guys think about this?
Speaker 3: You guys think about the plane crashes alot? Do you guys think about I.
Speaker 1: I'm going to fight next week, and I'm You're going on a flight in this in this environment. I'm gonna check like, Am I on a Boeing seven thirty seven? Are you going on a Dreamliner? No?
Speaker 3: I earlier today, I had to do just this scan that I got to do like twice a year.
Speaker 8: Now it's just maintenance, you know, just post medical stuff, and you're strapped down and you got to be still for thirty minutes, and I did have the thought, Man, what if a mosquito landed on my face right now?
Speaker 3: That would really suck.
Speaker 8: Like you're just strapped down, you can't do anything, and you can't move because it screws the scan up, but your arms are strapped anyways. And then once you have that thought, then your mind goes to what if a spider crawled across my face right now?
Speaker 11: No?
Speaker 8: No, And then I'm sitting here going why am I thinking about these horrible things? I'll have another fifteen minutes stuck in this machine. This was a really bad idea. Invasive thoughts, yeah, invasive, horrible thoughts. All I know is this, I would not fly in the next week.
Speaker 3: No way. I would not be caught dead on a plane. But good luck to you. Plane crashes come in threes. They're always come in little bursts. There's always a pucket up. Dude, you know what I was thinking of. So your aviation talking turning me on.
Speaker 1: We lost sly Stone and Brian Wilson of the Beach Boys at the age of eighty two. And we all know that music deaths come in threes.
Speaker 3: Yep.
Speaker 8: Do you guys know who to be looking out for Wait there, we're both eighty two years old. Yeah, oh no, who's another eighty two year old?
Speaker 3: Musician? Roy Orbison, I would say.
Speaker 1: Keith sleeping, sleep with one eye open, Paul McCartney and Lee Greenwood, Oh, do that to them. But also if it's if it's not a music triumvirate, sleep with one eye open. Joe Biden and Jerry Jones. Those are your famous eighty two year olds right here on ninety seven. Today is the day that I learned that Lee Greenwood.
Speaker 3: Is eighty two.
Speaker 1: He looks amazing for being that old and that little All.
Speaker 8: Right, there's updates on a new plane crash and some just some inside on eighty two year olds coming up. Next, what's going on in Dallas? Take a look at the Best in Dallas voting. We've got some of the details. Next we'll have him for we're right here in the Eagle. But right now it's time for this what's.
Speaker 4: Going on in Dallas?
Speaker 1: Got a great songid idea down then we're worth now on the eleventh most Populous to the Best of DFW Dallas Morning News People Choice Awards ballot is out, so over the course of the next few shows. We're gonna take one area of this and we're gonna go ahead and get our hands on this ballot and we're.
Speaker 3: Gonna grab are we in this thing? Best radio show, best brewery, best radio station.
Speaker 1: They don't really do radio show anymore.
Speaker 3: Oh no, somehow we got knocked out of the brewery category. Really, we're not even listed in the breweries, despite being second the last two years, not even in the ballot. Too popular, too popular, wanted it.
Speaker 1: To be close.
Speaker 3: Oh oh, well, we were second.
Speaker 2: I know.
Speaker 1: Today I thought we would start with best area attraction. Uh everyone, get your pen is out, pen I got my pen my pen is out. I'm ready, each of you. We're gonna have a scoring system here though, So each of you, I'm gonna name off all these and I want you to pick your favorite three, okay, or the three that you would vote for, uh huh, And then we will tally him, and whoever has the most we will know today's category. So three points for one, two point three, no just total, just top three.
Speaker 3: I don't understand.
Speaker 1: That is an interesting scoring system, but it's more confusing for the listener.
Speaker 6: I know.
Speaker 3: But okay, I like what you've done though.
Speaker 1: I actually do like it first place three yep, second two, yeap, third one. This is how we'll get points.
Speaker 9: This is.
Speaker 8: Area attraction, aerial attractions, area attraction, aerola attractions.
Speaker 1: Okay, I have about eleven or twelve nominees. Oh, Texas Motor Speedway, all right, the Dallas Zoo yep, the sixth floor Museum at de Ley Plaza.
Speaker 3: That's fun.
Speaker 8: We're just we're guessing. We're putting in the order of what our favorites are. Here's our top three Texas Live State Fair of Texas in Sync Exotics Wildlife Rescue and Educational Center in.
Speaker 3: Zinc Like, how's that spelled? I write it down.
Speaker 1: Clyde Warren Park beens like f Science, the Dallas World Aquarium. I don't want to go. Prefer Reunion Tower. Hell yeah, meow Wolf and Grapevine God.
Speaker 3: I need to go there.
Speaker 1: Have you been, Kerrie?
Speaker 10: I have been.
Speaker 9: It's more of like an Instagram place, you know what I mean? For the younger kids who just want to take cool pictures of.
Speaker 1: Oh my homeboy did the soundtrack for it? Oh? Yeah, like the music's playing there. Quinn Gray fort Worth Stockyards six nine to eleven.
Speaker 8: That you're asking us the place we'd like to go the most ourselves, or like if we had someone in town from like, hey, what should I experience while I'm here?
Speaker 3: I would just say, uh, what are your three favorite area attractions? Is this the most decent places to sweat in July?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 11: Not me?
Speaker 1: Wolves inside? What do you mean decent?
Speaker 3: Are those that is that?
Speaker 11: It?
Speaker 9: Yeah?
Speaker 1: TMS, Dallas Zoo, Dealey Plaza, Texas Live, State Fair of Texas, in Sync Exotics, Wildlife Rescue and Educational Center, CYD Warren Park, The Aquarium, Reunion Tower, Male Wolf and Fort Worth Stockyards.
Speaker 3: Sorry, let me give me a second.
Speaker 1: Okay, all right, I'm not ready.
Speaker 3: I'm ready to do mine, so the scoring system can start. Yep. Coming in third for me, I'm gonna say the Dallas Zoo. Uh interesting?
Speaker 1: Did they put the Dallas Zoo ahead of the four Worth Zoo and the fourth Zoo actually not nominated?
Speaker 3: Kind of like us not getting nominated for brewery.
Speaker 1: I'll let me tell you that was zoo they let you drink the Ford Zoo they did not, So one point, We'll go to the Dallas Zoo. Okay, second place for me Texas Live. Every time I go there, I have a good time. I don't even know what to say about that, Like, I like that we have it. That place would not be as fun to go to if we didn't have Texas Live. Going to Rangers game is fun because it texts a love. So two points for Texas Live and then three points to the Stockyards. The stockyards is my backyard. Fourth stockyards for me, might see a cow. Pretty crazy. Three points for Nate Christana's you got your your vall are ready?
Speaker 9: I want to say I'm upset the Pro Museum isn't on here because I absolutely love the pro Museum.
Speaker 3: She's calling out the snubs, she's calling.
Speaker 9: Out journalism, the die. Okay, but all right, let me start three, three, two, one, Yeah. Number three I got Clyde Warren Park just because one we need more of those here, that's just my opinion. Number two Dallas Zoo, I agree with you kt very cool place there.
Speaker 1: Three points for them. And then number one I have the Aquarium. I haven't been in years, and I've been wanting.
Speaker 3: To go, so all right, I don't think i've ever been skin all right.
Speaker 8: Number three, I have the Nasher Sculpture Center in the Arts District, one of the most amazing attractions. When Raymond Nasher, the man who built North Park, passed on, he donated his sculpture collection to this fine museum and now it's for all the world to enjoy as he passed on to the great beyond. That's fantastic. But I have number two. I have the PGA Omni and Frisco. I mean for the PGA to build what they built right here in our community, I think is astonishing and I think people will flock here from all over the United States because it's so dope. And Number one, fast forwarding four months, I have Rollertown Beer Works headquarters on Main Street and Frisco right there by the silos.
Speaker 3: I think it is a world class facility.
Speaker 8: It would not be accepted in the dominion machine. Ben, Okay, I'm gonna say at number three, I'm gonna say the PGA Omni Frisco. Number two, I'm gonna say the Star in Frisco because I think it's really cool that you can go out and see where the cowboys practice that ho facility. And the number one coming soon to Frisco in a few months. The Rollertown Beer.
Speaker 3: Works lasted out there that didn't even get nominated.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna change my aquarium vote for their new roller.
Speaker 3: It's gonna be amazing.
Speaker 1: Get at you, Kevin. I'm a big fan of the Stockyards. Yeah, there's a lot of money, he said, you might see a col there, you know. Looking at this list, though, a lot of these places I won't go, so like, honestly, this.
Speaker 3: Fart at your city. This stands closer to Cloba than most of these plays.
Speaker 8: The State Fair, I mean, I get it, But if you've been once, do you need to keep going back? I mean, I like a Fletcher's original corny Dog. That's my favorite thing about it. Seeing big text is great, but so crouded. It's like Man's the Carnies. I don't know I need that. And then you know the six floor Museum that's I've already been there once. I would recommend people go there. That's really cool. I like going to the Stockyards. But once you've been there, do you need to keep going back? Clyde Warn Park's badass, great park, but I don't try to drive there from Salina. So for me, that really the best thing on that list of their nominees is Texas Live. It's also cool when people are named Clyde. Yeah, Kevin, what's coming up next in the wayback Machine? I have a grab bag of stuff. What happens when Ben Skin, knowing, Ryan and George Strait all hang out together naked? All Right, Ben and Skin Show ninety seven point one The Eagle, Thanks for hanging out with us today. This segment right her, is brought to you by roller Town Beer Works. That's the up there in Salina, Texas. Ben and I are partners in really cool stuff happening at the brewery all weekend long, the highlight probably being the big German Car Show.
Speaker 9: You know.
Speaker 8: We were celebrating Dirk earlier today, celebrating at Rollertown on Saturday. Not only do we have a great German car show at night starting at seven o'clock, but we're gonna have great food options. We're gonna have live music, Rollertown artists and vendor market smash burgers. It's all so damn good. And then of course celebrating the big German, our Delicious Coulsch with the minimal hops and a smooth finish. We have some really big news coming this summer about the big German, our Delicious Coulsch.
Speaker 3: Can't wait to tell everybody about that. But right now it's time for this. It's time to go into the Seduleburg.
Speaker 1: Yeah, June twelfth and been and Skin show history obviously a big thing. I mean the Mavericks won that title, but also a lot of crap happened. Now I'm going to set this up with something that did not happen on June twelfth.
Speaker 19: Though.
Speaker 1: One time back in the day, we had a client Barbecues Galore, and Skin said this as a tag.
Speaker 8: And remember to tell them that a barbecue Barbe's Barbecues Galore. You're there because it's a barbecue stowe, not a barbecue isle.
Speaker 3: Remember to tell them it's not a store. You tell them what it is. They have you tell them what it is.
Speaker 8: And remember to tell them that a barbecue Barbie's barbecuess Galory. You're there because it's a barbecue stow, not a barbecue isle.
Speaker 1: And that was reading the direct copy points. They taged it up like that. If you can put in a little stutter, I read the stutter. Well I played that because on June twelfth, this is I believe twenty twenty here and the old ninety seven one the Eagle Studios, Skin doing a spot here, barbecues galore, my friends. It's awesome, so great. They have had their biggest month of May. Ever, why is that significant? Well, because, as we know, the month of May is national barbecue month. So it's a big deal, brew dude. So sorry, Katy just grabbed something out from in front of me and it distracted me. Such a big deal, and they're very proud, and you were a big part of that, so they want to think. Listen to Christina's laugh too off. Mike is for good. So it's a big deal, brew dude, And so sorry, Katy just grabbed something out from in front of me and it distracted me. Oh well, have fun.
Speaker 8: Yeah, man, barbecue's glory's getting a lot of golden from me.
Speaker 1: I actually think this was the same day, and I think Ben was out and we were listening to the show all right. Ben was listening to the show from home because he had a Barnes follow situation. But he had posted a video on social media about these new owls that he had bought to scare away the birds, and we were like, wait, what's going on with Ben?
Speaker 3: So this is one of the.
Speaker 4: Owls I have to protect my yard from birds?
Speaker 3: Bird poop everywhere. Let me show you some bird poop. Bird poop everywhere.
Speaker 20: By the way, that's kt you can hear in my day off, I'm listening to the greatness of our show.
Speaker 2: But this is a.
Speaker 4: It's an owl that's supposed to scare off birds.
Speaker 3: So I bought it.
Speaker 20: I bought some owls and there was one that was missing, and it was the same size owl. Huge out look, how big this al is? It's huge, huge owl and uh so, so this owl is huge. I had one more coming. This one was gonna be extra special because it's supposed to move around and which is supposed to be important to scare the birds.
Speaker 3: For the realism, look at this owl. Look at that. This is looking at me like, are you serious?
Speaker 6: What is this?
Speaker 3: Are you kidding me?
Speaker 1: So distracted?
Speaker 3: What's happening with Ben?
Speaker 1: So then we were watching that video before that show. We're like, okay, what if we took a part of that. This is how we played it on the air.
Speaker 4: Huge out look, how big the sail is? Its huge, huge owl? And uh so, so this alice huge, huge out look, how big the sail is, huge.
Speaker 3: Huge owl?
Speaker 9: And uh.
Speaker 8: So themes going to and that's what we played a minute a half long. We need a character named same size. So so this thing, uh happened on this day? Yeah, noticing the birds are back at my house again. Everywhere you got barn swallows. I got barn swallows, dove pigeons. I don't even know what the hell is We're shooting a bunch of them last I we will not confirm that. Then you have a semi automatic weapon out there, and you're hey, man, you're gonna get even in trouble. And I would always do it from the holster. I would like, pull it, shoot it, put it back in my holster, and good son, come watch me kick this bird's ass. I'm a gun slinger now.
Speaker 1: June twenty twenty is obviously a weird time, and we had discovered a couple of things. Texas has gotten their biggest celebrities together to cut a p s A about COVID, and at the time it was hey, let's wear a mask, let's let's you know, wash our hands, let's do all these things.
Speaker 3: So they got some of the biggest and best in Texas like Nolan Ryan one Ryan here.
Speaker 14: As we open Texas for business, we all need to work together in the fight against COVID nineteen. As Texans, we need to be responsible. So when you leave the house, don't be a knucklehead, wash your hands, socially, distance yourself from others, and wear a mask. Do the right things, look out for your fellow Texans, and together we'll make it through this.
Speaker 1: All right, Thanks Nolan, let's get in fun with that. It's just funny that he was telling people not to be a knucklehead so old. But the best one came from our good friend George Straight, who at gunpoint was told to cut a PSA for COVID time.
Speaker 21: George Straight, we all know that being Texan means being friendly, and as we open Texas back up, it's important that we stay extra friendly by thinking about all our fellow Texans. So go on write this down, take a little to remind you of these friendly things you can do to help defeat COVID nineteen.
Speaker 3: Wash your hands.
Speaker 21: Regularly, a face, masks, and stay six feet apart from others in public. Let's show the world is to be texting by staying safe and stand friendly.
Speaker 1: I didn't know his whole thing was friendly, and it's there's no d It's friendly, friendly, friendly, friendly.
Speaker 9: Man it is.
Speaker 1: I don't know how you're supposed to say regularly in a way that sounds good. You have to slow it script, You've got to slow it.
Speaker 8: Way down and say regularly regularly, regularly, regularly.
Speaker 3: So go on, wrat this down.
Speaker 21: Take a little to remind you of these friendly things you can do to help defeat COVID nineteen.
Speaker 3: Wash your hands.
Speaker 1: Regularly, it's crazy, it's impossible. What you need to do is you need to say, wash your hands with regularity, but saying regular lily, it's impossible, it's crazy.
Speaker 7: Old.
Speaker 3: Then wash your hands regularly.
Speaker 1: That sounded normal.
Speaker 21: Wash your hands regularly, regularly, regularly, it's everyone more.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 3: This also happened June twelfth, twenty twenty. Okay, uh, you guys famously get some cabins up and Broken Bow.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, back in the day doing a lot of working in Broken Bow and the Life Farms Giant, who we've talked about in the past, recording artist here in DFW.
Speaker 3: He dropped a song called Broken Bow. Yep, so here we go.
Speaker 1: All right, I'll make bank, Can I get ass?
Speaker 5: I smoked that Oklahoma grass and broken bowls. I let my trying to run FREEO watch them bank couties and broken boat.
Speaker 6: To watch.
Speaker 5: You know, thinko, take off my shirt and put on a shin broken bubble.
Speaker 10: Everyone tasting now they need their tasting. He wants to see so many weddings. We'll take it to somebody's swinging while vacation.
Speaker 3: Putting broken be Hold, don't be any way. I fell out of love with you.
Speaker 6: Want you a man so bigg.
Speaker 10: Been broken by the bugle.
Speaker 3: I'm working homes in broken boat A god the idea.
Speaker 8: I'm taking your dogs up there and letting them roam, freeze. You can watch them, coyotes, giant dogs. You just sit up there on a porch drinking a shody, justs and water, and you know that your dog is so huge and nothing in the wild can mess with it.
Speaker 3: What's a big deal, dude?
Speaker 8: Oh what a great way in this dumb ass show. All right, that's gonna do it for us, zugs Man. Tomorrow, we're gonna be at the Chalk Talk Casino and Resort and Durant, Oklahoma. Uh So, go ahead and just head there right now and wait for us. What we'll be doing the show from three to six tomorrow. Would love to see you there. I'll never forget the time kat let his dogs roam loose all over broken Bow. They ran back to him, They looked him in the eye. He looked down at his dog, and he said, bank people who know how to code, ain't they can do some stuff?
Speaker 1: Yeah, what a weird thing to say to a dog. Hey, Christina, stick around and play some tunes here on the eagle.
Speaker 3: Here you going. You know I'm going to get my sack backed.
Speaker 9: Dude some