Speaker 1: Kenna nine says Today it's going to be partly sunning with a high fifty six, cloudy overnight down to thirty five, a partly cloudy day. Tomorrow flight chancer rain sixty two, rain and storms possible after seven pm with an overnight low of forty and then come Thursday, a high fifty with partly cloudy skies forty degrees. Right now, let's get an update on traffic conditions to Chuck Ingram.
Speaker 2: From the UCLP Traffic Center. Around forty percent of cancers are preventable. Lifestyle changes and screenings can make a difference. Called five one three five eighty five U see see see. Highway traffic continues to look pretty good this morning, somewhat surprising you because we have wet roads to deal with, usually issues because of the rain that's moved out now southbound two seventy five just beginning to slow down a bit at the Carrol Cropper Bridge BABO the Lawrence Part Ramp.
Speaker 3: Chuck Ingram on fifty five krs C the talk station.
Speaker 1: Six point thirty fifty five krc DE talk station Happy Tuesday exta special because we get Ken Cober FOP President for the cincint Police Department six, chapter sixty nine. Ken Coober, Welcome back to the Morning Show.
Speaker 3: Hey, good morning, Brian, thanks for having me.
Speaker 1: Now this topic low or no bond for some pretty significant offenses. Do the police officers react to this? I mean, are there Do they get upset when someone's let out on un recognizance when they have been oh, I don't know, arrested for carrying concealed weapons and properly handing a firearm, et cetera, et cetera, et cetera. Is this something that you know you sort of take personally?
Speaker 4: Oh, well, there's no doubt the frustration of having an armed encounter with a suspect and I wanted to find out that they get an O or bond is something that I constantly get calls out. And as we saw last week, as I started getting calls, I figured out real quick which judge was in room ay And it makes complete sense because we let everybody out. The reign of terror for Judge Silverstein has finally ended. She's not in ROUMAINEA this week?
Speaker 1: Oh this week? What of next week?
Speaker 4: Well, thank god, it's only about they do a rotation. So all the municipal court judges have to do a week at a time, so luckily we only have for about four times a year.
Speaker 1: Okay, but she's the biggest offender in terms of low or no bond and at least in terms of your perception of how the judges handle bond situations.
Speaker 4: By far, by far the worst. And you know, in twenty twenty two, Issue one was passed by the voters that said judges will consider public safety when issuing bail, and it's something she just refuses to do. And apparently she just snubs her nose to the voters of Ohio.
Speaker 1: I mean, I guess you're not a lawyer, and I don't know what the procedures are, but it seems to me that someone might subject her to sort of an ethical review or a caller on the carpet for not paying attention to what the law requires. I know, this all enters in the realm of subjectivity. You're sitting on the bench and you've got to decide what the bond's going to be set in. But you know, look like for example, this Andrew Thomas person trafficking and drugs, multiple counts of trafficking drugs, possession of drugs, multiple counts, champering with evidence, vandalism. I mean all these during one particular incident that sounds like a person who is a threat to society.
Speaker 3: Without a doubt. I mean, we saw it last week.
Speaker 4: I mean there were people that were convicted falons for carrying guns, convicted of violent felonies, felonious assault, shootings, things like that, that get rearrested after having been convicted, only to get our bonds and released right back on to the community. It's something that's certainly creating a massive danger to the residents and the citizens the visitors of Hamilton County.
Speaker 1: Yeah, a recidiviust that's someone who did not learn a lesson from the criminal justice system, which is you commit crimes, you're gonna face some punishment. Clearly there wasn't enough punishment there and they aren't facing any repercussions, so there's no disincentive. Screw it, I'm gonna go back out and start dealing drugs again.
Speaker 4: Yeah, without a doubt. I mean the most egregious one are one of the more egregious ones. I'll was an eighteen year old who was caught with a gun. He's not under disability because he had previously been convicted but now he's eighteen. He got an O R bond but was held on a parole holder, so they took him over to eight twenty four Broadway Juvenile Court to answer to this parole holder, only to be unhandcuffed, and then when he realized that he was going to be held, he escaped from a twenty four Broadway. Thankfully, Thankfully he was rearrested. But this is what's going on in Hamilton County with certain judges, and it's got to stop.
Speaker 1: We'll take the case of Frederick Weisch, released on his own recognizance. Count A carrying a concealed weapon County improperly handling firearms in a motor vehicle, count see having weapons while under disability count the failure to comply with an order or signal of the police officer so uncooperative on top of everything else. Out on his own recognizance.
Speaker 4: Yeah, there was another one I posted last week. A guy that's a convicted felon from federal gun and drug charges, did a federal sentence, got back out. He was another one that was stopped, ran from the police. He was drunk, head cocaine, had another gun. And we'll just give these people o our bonds.
Speaker 1: Well, I'm glad you're bringing this to the public's attention because obviously elections have consequences, and this was a bad consequence. Do you know when this judge is up for re election?
Speaker 4: Unfortunately not till twenty twenty nine. Oh no, because there are six year terms with the municipal court. And that's why I actually had posted on our social media page that it was the district that she has includes Anderson Township, New Town, Norwood in Fairfax. Those are the folks that are responsible for getting her into this office.
Speaker 1: Anderson Township. Hmm, that's rather interesting. Wonder what Andrew pappas former trustee has to say about that. Well, let's it's it. We're at a break, so let's bring you back and we'll have a little bit further conversation about this because it's frustrating. But it doesn't seem as though there's anything else we can do about it other than keep raising awareness about this. We'll see if there's opportunities for us to do this pause, we'll bring Ken Cober back FOP President Ken Cover at six thirty five fifty five KRC detalk station. That'll give me an opportunity to mention my favorite auto repair shop, Foreign Exchange, west Chester location. My friend Austin has assembled an amazing team of ASE certified Master technicians. They can work on any type of traditionally imported manufactured car, like from Europe or Asia. You got an exotic car, take it to Foreign Exchange. You got a run of the middle car, take it to Foreign Exchange and you'll get it fixed. You'll get a full warranty on both parts and service, and you won't pay as much as the dealer, and quite often a substantial savings. I regularly mentioned my oil change, so here I'm doing it again. A simple oil change for my car at the dealer is like four hundred and fifty bucks. I get the same oil and the same filter at Foreign Exchange for a little over two hundred bucks. I call that a signific against saving. It's like half or more than half. So why Lord knows why they charge so much of the dealer. But you don't have to get down that road. And car repairs have gotten more and more expensive, just like everything inflationary, plessure, pressure's supply chain issues. It's just going to cost you a heat blow. So don't get down that road. Go to the road that leads to Foreign Exchange Westchester location. That's Tylersville Road off seventy five. Go east off that exit two streets. It's I mean like an eighth of a mile. If hang a right on Kingland Drive and you run right into that wonderful shop, they'll treat you great. They're wonderful people. They're very friendly. If you want to talk to the mechanic, you have the opportunity to do that at Foreign Exchange, unlike the dealer where you have to deal with the service manager exclusively. So get a full warranty on parts and service. Put a smile on your face for not having to pay as much. Five one three six four four twenty six twenty six five one three six four four twenty six twenty six online Foreign XFOM the letter x dot com.
Speaker 4: This is fifty five KRC an iHeartRadio station.
Speaker 3: Why does the Godfather? Channel nine?
Speaker 1: First Warning one forecast two day high fifty six with partly sunny skies of the partly cloudy overnight little thirty five tomorrow, another partly cloudy day with a slight chance of rain sixty two after seven pm tomorrow, chance of rain and storms increase. Overnight little forty and partly cloudy on Thursday with a high of fifty forty degrees.
Speaker 2: Right now, time for a traffic update. Totably you see Traffic Center. Around forty percent of cancers are preventable. Lifestyle changes and screenings can make a difference. Called five one, three, five eighty five. You see see see a couple of heavy spots on the highways now the heaviest is South Bend two seventy five break lights between the Lawrence Perg ramp and the work on the Carroll Crawford Bridge. That's getting close to an extra five minutes northbound seventy five beginning to slow down between Dixie and Kyle's shock INGRAMOM fifty five KR.
Speaker 3: See the talk station.
Speaker 1: Brian Thomas here with FLP President Ken Couplets to say, Police Department, we're talking about the low or zero bond un recognizance bond and the problem seems to lie in the lap of Municipal Court Judge Samantha Silverstein, who we had a couple of demonstral illustrations of someone who should have had a much higher bond, absolutely representing a danger to society which they are required to consider and apparently she's not. Now is she defying or running against I guess fundamentally, are the prosecutors asking for a higher bond and she's just denying that? Or are has the change of the prosecutor's office under now Connie Pillage not pushing for higher bonds?
Speaker 4: No, I mean they're still asking for bonds. She's made up her mind and when she ran, she ran on being this social justice bail reform person. So it's no surprise that she's holding true to what she said that she was going to do. So you go in there in front of her in room ay and she'll say, well, how much money is it? How much money do you have to be able to get out today? And if you say I don't have any money, then she goes, well, we'll just give you no.
Speaker 3: Our bond, okay, right.
Speaker 1: I don't know how that represents social justice, my friend. This is someone who has committed a crime, and especially notably the recidivus, those who have already been before a judge and been convicted on crimes. They have demonstrably illustrated that they are criminals engaging in criminal behavior, and the justice system has any impact on them because they continue to do it. They represent a threat to the very community that she thinks she's serving through social justice.
Speaker 4: That's what your listeners have to understand. I'm not complaining about somebody that picks up a theft charge or ady, you know, not that those aren't you know, crimes, not that those aren't things that you should be putted for. But I'm talking about the people that are the worst of the worst, the people that are committing violent crimes over and over and over again. Those are the ones that need to be held and make them if they're going to make a bond, make them heave an investment. Yeah, so that way we know they're going to come back to court. And that's just not being done.
Speaker 3: Well.
Speaker 1: You know, under Prosecutor Melissa Powers, she rallied against this all the time. She was outspoken on the subject. She was reported in the paper she would post things on her Facebook social media showing these ridiculous low to no bond situations with very dangerous people. Does Connie Pilache have any say on this? Has she uttered a syllable about this what you and I perceive to be problem?
Speaker 3: I have not heard her say anything public about this.
Speaker 1: Well, I know she's busy protesting in front of Tesla Joe. I know that she's got more important things on her plate. I suppose, wow. I mean, other than just bringing this to our attention, is really is there anything we can do about it? If she's so defiant and refuses to follow Ohio law on this matter. I guess we're just kind of stuck, aren't we.
Speaker 4: Well, the only solution to this, if there really were to be a solution, it's kind of There's two options. One is for the public to file complaints with the Supreme Court, because that's ultimately who would hear these things?
Speaker 3: Are they going to do anything about it? It depends.
Speaker 4: I think it's likely, not just because judges are given a certain not a latitude. But the only true answer to able to get rid of this would be an attempt to have somebody you create a coalition and have her recalled. I know it's been done out West with mayors and other elected positions, but that's really the only recourse it would be to have her recalled.
Speaker 1: Well, that sounds like an outstanding idea under the circumstances, Because these are not one off things. This same judge, time and time and time again does exactly what we're talking about here this morning, so we have a long record of it, and I think that might justify a recall petition. So maybe someone that the listening audience can spearhead that and we might get some justice and some safety for our communities, because clearly communities are in jeopardy when folks like this are let out without bond, without a stake in the action, and with no incentive to stop their criminal activities. Well, I wish it was better news from you today, but quite often we have to deliver the bad in order to bring about change, and you've done that for my listening audience today, Ken.
Speaker 3: Real quick here.
Speaker 1: I had a caller earlier moving over to that Evendale situation. I hate to put you on the spot, but under what circumstances would have been and I don't know if names were taken down, but one of my callers earlier this morning seemed to suggest that it would have been a good idea for the police to gather up names and identification to know who these people were. I don't know. Maybe some evidence of a crime might pop up later. Someone had video footage as someone maybe hitting somebody on the head.
Speaker 2: Is can you do that.
Speaker 1: If you're not aware or have a reasonable, articulable suspicion of a crime or probable cause, are you still allowed to ask for and get someone's name and write it down.
Speaker 4: Well, you can ask, but they don't have to give it to you unless you're investigating a crime. And I know that this is a very heated topic.
Speaker 3: It is.
Speaker 4: I don't blame them the things that going on that was absolutely ridiculous, but I do know that the police's main objective in that situation, especially when you're dealing with people that are armed, is to make sure no big get shot.
Speaker 3: Right, So their main objective.
Speaker 4: Is to make sure that the people that are causing this confrontation, as well as the people that are you know, highly charged about this and emotionally charged, and I get it, is to make sure that this ends peacefully.
Speaker 3: That's the main objective.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And he did acknowledge that and give you probs for, you know, de escalating. That was most the best result that could have happened that day under the circumstances. So I was just merely inquiring because I didn't I don't know one way or the other, under what circumstances you can get their names. You point out that they don't have to give it unless there's a crime being investigated. So maybe that you tried, not you specifically, maybe the police tried and we're denied. But there was no reporting one way or another on even whether that effort was engaged in, so we were just merely speculating about the circumstances. But I appreciate you addressing it and clearing the air for for us. Ken Kober, keep up the great work and God bless us since aint police Department, you least have great support among my listening audience for the work that you were doing keeping communities safe and of course bringing this ridiculous bond situation to everyone's.
Speaker 3: Attention, right, Brian, Well, thanks for having me. I appreciate it.
Speaker 1: Always a pleasure, my friend, Always a pleasure. Five one three, eight hundred eighty two to three taco with pound five fifty on AT and T phones. And another number you want to call is the number for Chris Zimmer at Zimmer Heating and Air Conditioning Man. They've been at this more than seventy five years, keeping your homes safe, warm, efficient of course, and cool in the summertime. Turn to the experts, at Zimmer for a warm carrier system and also a cool carrier system because they have great air conditioning and heating units. Carrier makes wonderful units, and of course Zim are authorized dealer and servicer of carrier, but they service more than just carrier. They also offer maintenance programs and other different services as well, which is why I courage people to go to the website for two reasons. First off, to find out all the things that they do, but also to book appoyment up a right hand corner. You can do an after hours appointment book or you can do a regular booking appointment. And they so they do handle emergency services. It's go Zimmer dot com. Go Zimmer dot com. Chris Simmer, I know is proud of his family's heritage, third generation. So call Chris and tell him. Brian said, how when you make that appointment? It's five one three five two one ninety eight ninety three five one three five two one ninety eight ninety three. Go Zimmer your first step to a more comfortable home. Fifty five KRC