Speaker 1: Home so that I can take a ship because I had taco time for lunch.
Speaker 2: Oh no, Gary, we have forty three minutes exactly.
Speaker 1: That's cool. I poop. I pooped at work before I left. It's okay.
Speaker 2: Six times, that is twice.
Speaker 1: He was a command Podcast episode five fifty one on brand Ome here a Thryan Burda continue the arc of evolution by talking about fucking now.
Speaker 2: Very good? How do we? How do we? How do we sound? I'm gonna look at this way and I'm gonna do this and we uh. I said that we might have to move the cards right.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna bask in the fan for a second. I'll look at Gary. Yes, he says, gives me the finger I like to see, which means it's time for me to say, hey, Ryan, we're back forget another whirlwind adventure. How you doing?
Speaker 2: Oh good? What is going down?
Speaker 1: The whole ton is going down due to the glorious impact of our friends over dhreck dot com. We're going to continue the arc of evolution whether we want to or not, because it seems they want us to, because they sent us the cards for band instead of the two CMC commanders. What dear listener, slash Viewer. We'll will be back with that other stuff we were talking about last week soon because we have a member of the nation that's very on top of that stuff for us.
Speaker 2: Big shout out to Jenny McCarthy's brother who sent us a whole bunch of data and we're gonna do with it what we will. But Edhreck is forcing us to continue talking about the arc of evolution, whether you want it or not. They do.
Speaker 1: Before we get to all that, we have to thank our official business Daddy's Fusion Gaming Online dot com. They are your source for all your gaming needs where you can use extra special promotion.
Speaker 2: What what's going on on the screen? I don't know?
Speaker 1: And what is that? I don't know what that is?
Speaker 2: I don't know. It's not on the main feed screen though.
Speaker 1: Oh that's the positioner neat.
Speaker 2: It's not a position. Oh huh, Well, well you know what? Oh freeze your dollars in your wallet? Will you use ccation promo codes?
Speaker 1: Check this out. People can only see it if they're watching on YouTube. Yes, and you can save money and freeze it in your wallet using CCO Super Special Promo code. It'll give you money off all the things we've talked about over the course of the arc, as well as your back massages, toenail clippings, balls of hair dryer lint that have has certainly touched the body of at least three separate Fusion Gaming employees, and eh and Richard de Doong's personal lunch leftovers.
Speaker 2: Whoa whoa whoa big shout out to Fusion.
Speaker 1: Also cards and board games and all that other kind of thing.
Speaker 2: Yes, they do have magic cards. Their Hobbit booster packs are up for sale, the bundles and the the the play boosters, the collector boosters. Not all that's up, but individual booster packs are currently up and I have notifications set for all of the other stuff. When when it comes available for purchasing, I will be going and using Coco Nation promo code. I said I wasn't gonna go ham on Hobbit. You are, but I can't stop myself. Oh man, goll dang. Do you want me to move that fan? Maybe good?
Speaker 1: Maybe the hairs the hair is going in my mouth, going in my eyes.
Speaker 2: Well, when when you're on a long and pungent monologue, I will I will move the fan for you.
Speaker 1: Do I ever make smelly Mollet Monty I do.
Speaker 2: Yeah, A couple of things, A couple of things before we get to it. Big thank you to Patreon supporters of our patreon dot com slash CEO podcast. Go there. If you don't want to listen to the show with ads because it's ad free there. That's great.
Speaker 1: Yea, go there.
Speaker 2: If you want to get into the discord, that's great. Yeah, go there. If you want to be part of the invite list for upcoming CEO experiences and or other events when we're out and about in the wild. I would love to do a Canadian MTG tour and just go to freakin game store after game store with the Commander Cookout tour and do meetups and cookouts in their parking lot.
Speaker 1: That'd be sick.
Speaker 2: Oh fuck, did I just come up with the best idea ever? Yeah, that'd be pretty cool.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: We could take Gary's tickle trunk of like audio and visual equipment.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, fuck, that's.
Speaker 1: A good idea.
Speaker 2: Join the Patreon if you want to be a part of that.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Final thing. If you want to support us, go to Commander Cookout dot com. Donate to the c CEO Sleeve project. Oh yeah, we have a few play mats left. I do have a little bit of a chunk of change for donations. I have some graphics and things sort of built and set up for the Ceco sleeve project. We have to go for a beer and discuss all that someday. Ah, not two day though, because I got to go home because the records get surgery this week, and apparently that means I have to clean my whole house.
Speaker 1: What it did even make sense? Also, why are we both cleaning our houses on the same day. That's what I was going to do, right two that's yeah, probably.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Producer Gary would know.
Speaker 1: And now I have to ursus doing the the yearly allergy thing. And she had a little accident on the carpet, and I got to finish cleaning it. Like I cleaned it, and it's good.
Speaker 2: I love finishing, but not like that.
Speaker 1: Well, you got a big job, you gotta make sure you do it right otherwise you end.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there's no big jobs, and I finish, I'll tell you that much.
Speaker 1: Bet up with bugs like but downstairs neighbor gross And all I want to do is just go down there and just just rough them up a little, you know. Yeah, But I can't.
Speaker 2: I won't okay going down on your neighbor with my fist. Yeah yeah, sign me up, sign me up for some pile of bones beer. That was gonna be my last thank you. Remember I was talking about going there last week. Yep, I was there last week and was also talking to you about going there last week. Yes, I saw the original art for the Quark beer can. It's hanging in there in their world headquarters.
Speaker 1: Oh. I was like, does it look like this?
Speaker 2: Yes, it looks like this you'd see if you're watching on YouTube, which should be Yeah, it's it's an indigenous art from an artist in the province. That's right. And I walked past it. I was like, hey, I've drank that picture before. Yeah, and Mike Mike clown shoes just like it's a local person. Yes, bl blah blah.
Speaker 1: So continuing the arc of evolution. The arc of evolution is where we go back to twenty nineteen before the onset of the Fiendish Universe is beyond and check out the top ten commanders in each color combination from then then compare it to not like this beer. It is quite good. It is good. It's a strangeness and charm and quirk which say quirk.
Speaker 2: But whatever the point is, it's like us. Yeah, it's strangeness. Beer's who I'm not gonna say. Yes, universes beyond universes. I have an official prediction for the three color combos. Tell me we are going to see a massive increase in universes beyond in the top ten commanders on dh wreck of now, we are going to see a ton of them.
Speaker 1: I agree. Okay, over under now do I pick right in the middle for over under yes? Five? Yes, No, you have to pick over under over over five in all of them or just today.
Speaker 2: Let's let's adjust as appropriate. Okay, let's adjust as appropriate. I'm picking five for today. Okay, Thanks Gary, Gary's moving the fan and nobody can tell.
Speaker 1: Thanks Gary, and the producer Gary is the best.
Speaker 2: You wouldn't see if you're watching. Oh that's good stuff. That's good stuff.
Speaker 1: All right, let's hit him with the truth, Ryan, hit him with the truth.
Speaker 2: It's better than more than five, you're saying today, right, Yes, more than five?
Speaker 1: More than five in bant Bant is blue, white green.
Speaker 2: Yes, Yes, this better work, Gary, It's gonna work.
Speaker 1: Then I recycled some of my graphics because I was was we're recording on an off day. Yes, so I didn't have time to like do anything else, so I just used the ones from when we did White.
Speaker 2: Okay, here we go the number ten of then I get to continue to say that, yes, I do like that. Cassias Kestia the Cultivator. This was a Commander pre con an enchantress Nimphy legendary enchantress Lady Arrows. This is from Commander twenty nineteen. Hmm, yep, so right on the cusp. Sure, taken me to the cusp. She's a four to four for banton one. She got bestow bant three, so you could cast her like as an enchantment, right, and then when she unenchants something like when the thing that is enchanting gets killed, she comes back as a creature.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and that's why it costs more to bestow her than like aura.
Speaker 2: Enchant creature becomes a creature again if it's not attached to a creature. Yes, so if the creature dies. Yeah, okay, so enchanted creature gets plus four plus four. Whenever an enchanted creature or enchant mint creature you control attacks draw card. Huh.
Speaker 1: Enchantress enchantress with attacky attack stuff thrown in.
Speaker 2: Yes, and it's a four to four. It gives plus four. So it's like, sure, you do the one with Constellation double its power and you play this out of the command zone with it, and now it's like a twelve twelve or eighteen eighteen whatever the math is that kind of thing. Yeah, I think we're also going to see some ban chantress, what do you think. Absolutely, we're gonna see We're gonna see Estra the Bald guarantee, We're gonna see that three drop one that is Enchantress in the command zone.
Speaker 1: Absolutely, and we're gonna see Rafiki of the lots. It's almost like we already know what this is gonna be.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Yeah, we're gonna do I suppose, And that's why we're gonna see again. The prediction is a massive increase in universes beyond in the now because back then there wasn't that many. Yeah, I suppose, Yeah, there wasn't that many. And even more so when if and when we get to the wedge pairings, because these are the shards were three colors on the back of the magic card, all touch tips. Yeah, the shards, I guess two touch tips and one touches buttle.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, then people at home got it. Number nine is genera Azura of war man. None of those sound like words. This is absolutely a voltron commander. Then a three to three for straight up and flying white one put a plus one counter on her, and she's an angel.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so just make enough manna and attack with her and kill somebody.
Speaker 2: I'm trying to remember if I've ever played against this.
Speaker 1: I have played against the card, but not the deck.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I think that's wild that this is a commander from twenty nineteen. Like, this feels like a frickin' card. I'd put my vehicle deck now because it's a vehicle, right.
Speaker 1: It's like, uh, but how quickly could you make her enough to kill somebody? She comes out on turn three? Yes, let's say, did you have yes amount of manna on turn four in green blue white? You probably could.
Speaker 2: Bro You ever heard of like isochron sceptor, Yeah, there you go, isoicron sceptor and dramatic reversal. Yeah yeah, dramatic sceptor on turn like one or two with like you do a man of rock on turn one, dramatic sceptor combo on turn two, this on turn three, infinite man of Turn four.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there you go, fricking cool man, and somebody kills your sceptor and somebody's sitting out of the game for two hours while you deal with the Gennara player.
Speaker 2: Also yes, yeah, yeah, the downfall of playing a combo VOLTRONI type thing. Yeah, or somebody when you're tapped out like gangs you and you've blew your load, or you can't cast your commander again, or you're just dead and now you're the one sitting out. Yeah, yeah, I know that. That was a thing with some Vultron commanders back in the day, like you're all the Misstalker, Omnath one point zero, Rafika the many where, Oh is this getting out of control? We got to kill it, cast it again. Oh, let's kill it again. Let's kill that person now, right, Or we've killed Raffik four times and f U Smitty can't cast it for twelve Yeah, like that kind of thing, right, that's probably why Vultron a little bit has fallen out of favor and life gain has fallen into favor. Yeah, and synergy yeah yeah, no Vultrons.
Speaker 1: To keep life again in check. Like the other day, we had somebody get up to ten thousand life and it's like, well, we can't win.
Speaker 2: Well, but neither could he exactly. So the plan was when we were playing this is a five color mono white Angel Air, and the plan was, Okay, let's just let's just kind of like prop somebody up on a pedestal to try and kill him. And I had already done four damage with him with Brea, just coincidentally, and I'm like, hey, guys, let's just keep me alive for six turns while I try.
Speaker 1: And get them right.
Speaker 2: I don't know. It didn't work anyways. Yeah, he won genera. Let's get out, get out of it, Let's get out of here. This number eight coming up. Oh oh, this is gonna be a partner.
Speaker 1: This is a partner.
Speaker 2: This is gonna be ky Dell, chosen of Crew Fix. And yeah, Kite Dell is a two to three taps for colorless for each card you've drawn this turn. Okay, and she's simmic because well shit, of course partners with Ish. I owed you tie Dragon Speaker.
Speaker 1: Whenever an opponent casts a spell, put a plus one plus one counter on it. It's a one one for four with flying.
Speaker 2: I. I yeah, I very much. I'm intimately familiar with this card.
Speaker 1: Yeah, this card.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yes, it's a bird and a warrior and a monk, and yeah it fucking goes in two decks. I play I'm a bird deck and a monk deck, and I'm a bird monk deck. I should make a third deck, a third bird, third bird. Bird's the third word.
Speaker 1: It's too many baby Anyway, this yeah, this makes sense, I guess is just a really good way of like punishing your opponents for playing the game by killing them. Also, yes, and the other one, whatever your name is, strict value just does what you want to do. Is there as a reward for doing what you're already doing?
Speaker 2: You know what I think is super funny about this combination tell me is neither of them have explicitly or intrinsically anything to do with each other.
Speaker 1: Nope.
Speaker 2: Right, It's like one cares about how many cards you've drawn and gives you manna as a reward. The other ones, like your opponents are doing something make this guy big yeah plus ones or something, I don't.
Speaker 1: Know whatever we I mean with this color, Like they play a thing and then you path it, or they play a thing and you counter it. Yeah, they do something and right, you still get the counters on your guy.
Speaker 2: I think this is a an instance, and we might see this again a couple times of I just play for the color pairs and it's just value Ishi or value Kadel.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that could be a thing too.
Speaker 2: It's one or the two or the other. Yeah, because they're so kind of in opposite directions.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so that's just see the next one.
Speaker 2: That's seven, that's seven, that's eight.
Speaker 1: This is gonna be seven. It's gonna be sweet. Probably. There is Raffik of the many three three for banton one exalted, which means whenever he attacks by himself or whatever, a creature attacks, a loan against plus one plus one. Whenever a creature we control the tax a loan against double striking tilend of turn. You equip Reffik or make him big, and he kills people in one hit. That that's the deck.
Speaker 2: And you have to remember people who've never played against exalted. If you had like ten cards that all had exulted on, they all trigger. So Raffique becomes like a thirteen thirteen and has double strike, so you don't even need to equip him if you've got like a one to one for two that has exalted. Yeah, and then a three three for four with exalted, and then the equipment that gives things exalted. Yeah, and the angel that says all your guys can has exalted.
Speaker 1: The land that has exalted.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, I forget about that one.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, and then.
Speaker 2: Your farms fucking didn't Smitty, we would kill that. This might be the commander I've single handedly killed the most times out of any commander.
Speaker 1: Absolutely, I am yes.
Speaker 2: And and Smitty didn't even play this deck anymore.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and it's going to take a long time for any other commander to catch the funk up. Because Rafit died a lot.
Speaker 2: That's goods. That's a good ass time.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Not for Smitty, no, no, no, wow. While he was having fun until he killed it like the eighth time in one game, like oh in for Mada bang ah die die infit Mada haha die what the fuck?
Speaker 2: He had a lot of fun until we wised up. I think that that's more accurate. Yeah, yeah, that's more accurate because it's like, oh, it's probably not going to come at me, and then he's like, oh wait a second, you're tapped out. Fuck yeah die.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's good stuff.
Speaker 2: Good, good memories. You know what, I've appreciated the trip down memory lane. I don't think I've said that in the last few episodes of the Thens. Uh. This is a great one because he had that deck when you still lived at like your old old house on Temperance. He had this deck. Then. This is from freaking like two thousand and nine.
Speaker 1: Man, this is like a Laura Blockers.
Speaker 2: No, yes, this is ina Yeah, ship on me. Smitty had this deck before his daughter was born. Yes, she can drive now she got a T four last year.
Speaker 1: From freaking from face to face.
Speaker 2: Now we're just oh man, sorry, we're freaking laughing and crying Mity's daughters and driver's license. We're talking about raffique. We got knee pain.
Speaker 1: Yeah, she got her driver's license, and we got fucking arthritis.
Speaker 2: Arthritis.
Speaker 1: Jesus, this is see the next card.
Speaker 2: Let's go see the next card. What is number six? Frick oh Ester the mast also Estra the bald. Okay, I play this card. I jammed the shit out of this card. This is also from Commander twenty nineteen.
Speaker 1: Was she in the same deck as the other one, Yes she was.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Enchanter's deck. This is the same. Your dock side came out too in the Savin's Reclamation deck.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I played that deck too.
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay. This is a three drop planes walker that you can lay your commander and it's banton one plus two untapped each enchanted permanent you control.
Speaker 1: It includes lands, so if you put those like overgrowth in stuff.
Speaker 2: So if yeah, you go overgrowth or abundance or wild growth and I tap my oh, tap my uh Temple of the False Goad for three, and I can untap it with its plus two and I can tap it for three again.
Speaker 1: On like turn five when you have enough land to make your Oh no.
Speaker 2: Turn five, fuck this deck place still turn twenty five man. That's what this deck does. Oh, it's minus one create an aura equipment token called mask, and it gives total armor, so if something would die, you remove damage from it and it doesn't die.
Speaker 1: To target permanent, so you can put it on a.
Speaker 2: Land on a land. Yeah, like my Sarah Sanctum that is also enchanted that I can untap and yeah, make twenty five man per tap with Yeah, okay, then minus seven is but the top seven cards your library into your graveyard and then return all enchantments to play or enchantments, ah, Aura enchantments after you don non Aura enchantments and then you're Aura enchantments. Yeah. They have to specify that this is mill seven then replenish.
Speaker 1: Yeah, frick, this is pretty good that you.
Speaker 2: Ever cast replenish.
Speaker 1: Yeah, sure, have cast replenish.
Speaker 2: Replenished might be a card that when I've cast it, I've never lost. Remember we're talking about put that on the list of I've never lost when I cast this card.
Speaker 1: Replenish these nuts that that was a good one.
Speaker 2: I'm very proud that is what replenished does. It does replenish these nuts with all of my enchantments onto the battlefield. Uh. I think that probably.
Speaker 1: She's still around. You think she is? She on the now. She's pretty good and fun. She looks cool.
Speaker 2: I don't know if she's on the now. Probably some universes beyond come out her from fucking Final Fantasy replaced her. I don't know. I don't know. I've seen a pretty big diversity of decks with Estrid. I've played against a couple Estrid's over the years in Vegas and five Color Model White Angel Aaron had one that had an infinite combo in it with just one infinite combo with the chain veil in it, because you can reactivate the untapped thing, and if the chain veil is enchanted, you can untap it keep using it to continuously untap everything forever. Yeah, that's pretty sick.
Speaker 1: That's pretty good.
Speaker 2: I don't think I play that combo, or if I did, I took it out good. Yeah, Yeah, I play mine. I just untap all my lands and tap them again, and then I play like something that gives me protection from green and the hurricane.
Speaker 1: What's everybody's life? Forty?
Speaker 2: Okay, I take two, you guys take forty. Oh that's good times, good times.
Speaker 1: That's two enchanted and enchantristeck so far.
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay from the same pre con Yeah, which I'm I'm sure in the thens is again gonna be common. Yeah. So this was six six six up to five room, really hidden room.
Speaker 1: I think who was it that played this Aiden Aiden plays Ruin of the Hidden Realm, the four four for five vigilance, trampling Rhinos soldier with too tap.
Speaker 2: Blink a thing to tadap. Yeah, vigilance then blink a thing at end of turn is fucking really good because he could he could attack and block and then still blink a thing. Yeah, and he's in all three of the blinky colors.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Aiden played this.
Speaker 2: I think Rob Gillespie in Australia played this. I think I painted a a what's the phone booth from Doctor Who?
Speaker 1: Tartists.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I painted that on on this one time in the background, like a little tiny.
Speaker 1: One, like instead of the tower back there.
Speaker 2: No, no, it was just like in the hills in the back.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Weird.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and uh, your your buddy Josh Lacroix, he played this on Commands on lots o good for him. Yeah, So I think that that's why this one is popular. But for a while it was the best blank commander.
Speaker 1: I think I don't think it is anymore. As a matter of fact, I know it's not anymore. Oh yeah, I know who's better than this guy. I don't bet you. He's number one of the.
Speaker 2: Vent I just thought of that, number one of the then number one of the then okay, well let's get there number four because my phone's gonna run out of batteries. Oh shit, Oh there's another one to vasa the sunlit. This is the same, fucking yes, this is this was the main This was the main commander from that deck. This was the main one. So this is Murpholk Shaman one one for bent straight up. I like lots of things that this card says already, yes, a ban Murpholk, and that gives us access to all the Murphfolk colors historically.
Speaker 1: Yep, which is cool.
Speaker 2: It's a legendary creature. Or for Chamma one one plus one plus one for each enchantment you control, so it gets it gets like all that glitters type thing. She's big, fucking thick, yeah, stacked. Yeah, she's got the meat. And she also says, whenever you cast your first enchantment spell each turn, draw card Enchantress.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: If you have an enchantment with flash, draw again.
Speaker 1: You can play ley Line of Anticipation and then just like.
Speaker 2: Yep, or you can play there's there's some now enchantments with Flash that like stun a guy, freezy guy tap on me, he doesn't untap that kind of stuff. Those with Flash are really good in this deck. I definitely play this in my Estra the Bald deck, and I think people play Estra the Bald in this.
Speaker 1: Deck, so they probably play that first lady in here too. Yeah, no, they probably don't.
Speaker 2: The boys at d h rec cast call that pre con bias, where it's like, I don't know if I this should be in here, but people might just enter their slightly modified pre con into architect Oh yeah, and then it's just like still in there because they've only modified like four or five cards. I get that, so they all kind of are scissoring.
Speaker 1: Sure, yeah whatever, let's see the next time.
Speaker 2: VOSSA. I like this card.
Speaker 1: I like it too.
Speaker 2: I like the picture too.
Speaker 1: It's also another uh, it might be another Enchantress. It's also vultron.
Speaker 2: Ooh yeah, you could just do all the glitters and ancestral mask and probably kill people. Yeah yeah, yeah yeah number three, Oh, top three.
Speaker 1: Top three, Baby, here we go flying, there we go different.
Speaker 2: Oh, Arcadie's the strategist.
Speaker 1: This is butt damage, man, fuck this day.
Speaker 2: This is butt breathing. This is he's an Elder Dragon.
Speaker 1: This is ass blasting.
Speaker 2: Oh that's the set. It's from nineteen Elder Dragon. Yeah it was. It was the set is Magic twenty nineteen three five banton one, which is good because actually he's like a five five, isn't he. Oh that's yeah whatever. A creature with the defender enters the battlefield under your control draw cards, and why not defender the deck. Each creature you control with defender assigns damage equal to its toughness rather than its shit, and can attack as though it didn't have defender.
Speaker 1: God damn it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so he's got butt what is it called butt blasting?
Speaker 3: Ass blasting, ass blasting, Yes, as blast, but he doesn't have defenders, so he's a three to five. But he's got VIDG so he can ass blast when he blocks. Yeah, yeah, he face punch, ass blast whatever he wants to do.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he's got a long neck. He can probably jump at you and like hit you with his ass and his face at the same time, give you the old stink face and a head butt at the same time.
Speaker 1: Dang, that's flexibility unless you're a dragons in your cheating because you have a really long neck. Do you think that dragon really long? What long neck?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 1: What do you think? Isn't dragons like people or like dirafts, like giraffes, have the same number of bones in their neck that humans do. Do you think that also have the same number of bones in the neck that people do?
Speaker 2: I do, Like, I don't think dragons are like people. Uh, I don't think drafts have the same number of vertebrae either.
Speaker 1: Ricky Steambro the dragon steamboat Baby, there's one. There's one dragon that has the same number of bones in his neck as we do.
Speaker 2: I suppose because he's a dragon and a people.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Yeah, it's one of those facts that I learned about. Drafts on TV have the same number of bones in their neck that we do.
Speaker 2: Oh is that a confirmed thing? Like that's a real thing. They've got seven cervical vertebrae and then twelve thoracic vertebrae and then five lumbar vertebrae.
Speaker 1: I don't know if their spines have the same, but their.
Speaker 2: Neck, well that's part of your spine, bro.
Speaker 1: Then yeah, okay, then they do. They must.
Speaker 2: And their cervical vertebrae is just like real fucking stretched out long. Ye yeah yeah, yeah, man, I wish any of my bones were long.
Speaker 1: That got you got them. The moral of the story is, fuck this guy as blasting.
Speaker 2: Isn't there a zero thirty from Avatar? The last Airbender that goes into this deck is the zero thirty with the.
Speaker 1: Yeah, all these decks, all of the decks are the same, and that's why I don't like them. Yeah, because it's just here's.
Speaker 2: All the walls.
Speaker 1: There are zero eights for three. Yeah, Like Wall of Frost is like a zero nine two.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's like okay, whatever.
Speaker 2: Wall of what's the what's the zero eight with Flying and Shroud from Alara Reborn? That one? That one? That one, yeah, yeah, the zero thirty from Airbender.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they all just kind of go in this. There's this one, there's e Honda, there's Dorian. They're all the same.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I mean they're fun for you. If you like him, you like them. I don't particularly care for them that much.
Speaker 2: Lack of diversity between decks, yeah, is what I guess we're anti advocating for.
Speaker 1: You can do the one that's street fighter, or you can do the one that draws you a card, or you can do the one that's a tree. Oh, then you get to play black instead of blue. So like, what do you want to do?
Speaker 2: Is it? What do you want to do? Play blue?
Speaker 1: Play Wall of Blood? That's what you play?
Speaker 2: Oh? Wall of Blood very good.
Speaker 1: And you can one punch assholes right oh right, someone comes out of their mouth. That's right.
Speaker 2: Number two.
Speaker 1: I was wrong number one.
Speaker 2: I thought sure he'd be number one tacticians.
Speaker 1: I'm still good. I'm still good.
Speaker 2: I'm still good, Derevy Imperial Tactician. This back in the day, Toby was a CEDH deck. Maybe it still is. Probably not, though, this is a two three bird Wizard from Commander twenty.
Speaker 1: I can't see the number sixteen, sure.
Speaker 2: Nope, seventeen maybe seventeen, I think so. Anyways, for bent straight up two three flying bird Wizard. When Derevery Imperial Tactician enters the battlefield or a creature you controlled deals combat damage to a player, you may tap or untaped target permanent. Okay, so whenever one of our guys deals damaged to one of you guys eyes, yeah, we can untap something mm hm doesn't seem fricking or tap it. Yeah, but we're not gonna We're gonna fucking untap our own shit. So our team gets virtual vigilance. If they all have flying we can just all untap them. Yeah, or we put our deck full of things that already have vigilance and we untap all our manor rocks. Yeah, that's good. Also, because that's not enough. Banton one put Derevey under the battlefield from the command zone. You could just fucking.
Speaker 1: Drop him an instant speed for four, drop him an instant speed for four, even if he's died fifty eight times.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but but but but Uncle Brando, if I could make infinite manna and I had a sack outlet, I could just make Derev enter the battlefield an infinite number of times. Yeah, but but ah, I could sacrifice to Revy and use this ability to untap my stuff that I used to activate his ability to make infinite manner. Yeah, that's why this deck's good, because Derev allows you to sacrifice and get back or blink and get back and blink and sacrifice. Activatability from commands on turns into the same thing. Yes, so Derevy very powerful, very good card, very good card, and all of the control. I mean, you could substitute green with black, but I don't know if people want to do that these days. If you have creature combo pieces you, green is just as good as black for tutoring. Green can get you your ramp maybe sooner if people are still on the ramp train. I know that there's sort of a shift in commander to move away from ramp.
Speaker 1: Wow.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we could talk about that someday. That's actually interesting topic anyways. Derevy super good, super good card, super good. You ever play against it? Did you ever lose against it?
Speaker 1: Yes?
Speaker 2: You ever win against it? Yes, you ever play with it? No, you ever play with yourself?
Speaker 1: Yes? Okay, good healthy?
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, I suppose.
Speaker 1: To ready not to retty the other D guy. There's another guy. He's a bird, the other D fucking blank guy. Show him the blank guy, show blank one. Here is watch this watch No, Julane, goddamn it, son of a bit.
Speaker 2: Shit fuck man. This is from I forgotten about this fucking goss is from the Wilds of l Drain.
Speaker 1: No, it's not. It's from Brawl.
Speaker 2: This is from the Brawl decks that came out at the same time as Wilds of l Drain. Yes, this is a Brawl command.
Speaker 1: This is when they were trying to make Brawl happen, and the only thing that happened was they printed another seventy five dollars Manner Rock immediately backtracked on it and put it back into the Commander product.
Speaker 2: That's what this is. And Chewlane and Corvald exist. Yes, yes, fuck yeah. So this is a human druid two four for Banton too vigil Can you wait, I'm not even gonna finish reading this fucker yet yet.
Speaker 1: Okay?
Speaker 2: Can you imagine being a.
Speaker 1: New player.
Speaker 2: Not even knowing what Chulane is, not even knowing he's not even gonna be in the top ten, And now he's not even gonna be in the fucking top ten. You don't think maybe he will be. I think that's not a prediction. He might be, But what if he's not and new players don't even know about.
Speaker 1: Him and he's like, oh, yeah, this is fine.
Speaker 2: I'm just gonna play magic. Who's your commander, Chuleane?
Speaker 1: No? Cool?
Speaker 2: What is that? Seems good?
Speaker 1: That seems pretty okay. They're not even they're.
Speaker 2: Not even gonna freaking know that. This guy was the butt end of basically every commander cookout joke. Yeah, for fucking like four years, like from the end of twenty night or sorry whenever this guy was end of twenty eighteen, no, the end of twenty nineteen, all through the start of twenty twenty and COVID and the ARCA good vibes and fucking Chiuleane was just a punching bag his nuts were just down in that chair like on James Bond, and they're just fucking speed bag.
Speaker 1: Do we speedbag? It's so bad. They're probably still wabbling a little bit.
Speaker 2: Well, he's wabbling when he walks. That's definitely he's he's a five drop two four banton two. Vigilance is a vigilance, yeah, because he has a tappability so you can do both of course, yeah, fuck us, because we don't play tu lane, not in this house. Whenever you cast a creature spell, whenever you cast cast a creature spell, draw card, then you may put a land from your hand onto the fucking battlefield. What if I don't have any lands in my hand when I cast a creature, just draw one, Just thraw it.
Speaker 1: It'll be fine.
Speaker 2: Just use blue and Green to put them back on top of your library or scry them, or but Ryan and Brando just put land tax in your deck. You play white too, Yeah, okay, if you have three land on the battlefield, you can tap them to return target creature to its owner's hand.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that you control. But yeah, then you bounce your guy and do it again. So everything this deck does that has a reset button so you.
Speaker 2: Can just try again. Yeah, like if I had my mana dorcs and an intruder warm Have you ever heard of that card and a zero drop or not even a zero drop because I got fifty eight man of dorks in this deck? Yeah, or guys that say when the ETBs draw card, so I could draw two cards. Yeah, oh this card can eat.
Speaker 1: It, it can hold, it can fuck all the way off. Yeah, it's just one drop manner, one drop man of doorc in the Creator Hoop Behemoth.
Speaker 2: It can suck a whole bag of dicks and not a bunch of bag adds kind of dicks like a beg of smashed up chicken parts where you have to like snip a corner to drain the juice out.
Speaker 1: Yeah that kind Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm gonna finish this beer.
Speaker 1: Fuck this guy me too. H Uh. He hits everybody and then he blinks all your stuff.
Speaker 2: It's a bunch of bullshit. Whatever it is, it's a bird.
Speaker 1: Also, yeah, isn't it is?
Speaker 2: That was they use number two?
Speaker 1: He doesn't blink all your stuff, blinks all your stuff.
Speaker 2: M Are you thinking of like like a like a a zorious guy, Like maybe maybe I got dere and that guy mixed up. Yeah, what the hell is his name? People are screaming it.
Speaker 1: In the comments, screaming in the comment because he was in the he was in the Ozorious episode the King Guy. Right, Oh you brego Brago, King of turn All. That's a lot of piece of ship. That was three months ago.
Speaker 2: Okay, yeah, remember Brago Remember Chew Lane from fucking twenty eighteen Lane.
Speaker 1: That's because he can eat my whole ass.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and you're doing butt stuff when you get home. Yeah, you can taco.
Speaker 1: Time for lunch, five tacos.
Speaker 2: You'll be clean after yours. Your dog will be cleaning up after you. Yeah for tat Okay, let's go to the twenty twenty.
Speaker 1: Seven nows the Nows.
Speaker 2: Let's go to the now Wow.
Speaker 1: Oh, you gotta be on YouTube YouTube to get that one.
Speaker 2: Katara the first of the universe.
Speaker 1: There it is, okay.
Speaker 2: Katara the Fearless is a three three human warrior. Ally, let's make her bigger than all of the other three drop banters except for Raffik. Let's give her extra creature types. And let's say if a triggered ability of an ally you control triggers, it triggers an additional time trigger time trigger trigger Trigger Trigger.
Speaker 1: Now, I don't remember if people remember Allies.
Speaker 2: Do you remember trigger Allies?
Speaker 1: Sure do trigger. Allies are slivers at home. They're the people that like, they want to play Slivers, but they're cowards, and so they play Allies instead because people don't hate them as much.
Speaker 2: Back in the day, and that day was early twenty eighteen, there was a competitive Commander deck that involved the Ally that what is it mills for each ally you control, Yeah, and you just bounced it and mills your opponent. Yep, that's pretty cool. I like that. I don't hate that. It involved Paradox Engine, et cetera. Yeah, So I don't know if that was a deck any longer after Paradox Engine got banned, and I want to say April or May of twenty eighteen.
Speaker 1: And it wouldn't suit be super powerful if not. You don't run into too many Ally decks anymore.
Speaker 2: Even after this came out, I don't think I've seen Allies came out again in Zenda Car something.
Speaker 1: Something for both the end car sets and uh Avatar as well had them.
Speaker 2: And we've seen some Allies spread across like Commander Legends last week with a Kiri Linslinger or whatever. Right, yeah, yeah, you don't see me. You don't see too many paradox engines in commander decks either. The band, it's very band.
Speaker 1: That's why I don't. Yeah, yeah, yeah that makes sense. Yeah, checks out. Okay, So yeah, universes beyond allies. We're in three colors.
Speaker 2: We're one hundred percent hit rate for you don't see that's a trend that continues.
Speaker 1: Okay, Jane, fucking look at the Steward art on that.
Speaker 2: Look at that, Look at scary god. Oh is that like Charlie Chapin's fucking addition tape? Is he like? Is that a Charlie Chapin casting coach art? Like? Is that.
Speaker 1: Theodore Logan spoke the rock doc? All can hope that good?
Speaker 2: I don't, Yes, yeah he does.
Speaker 1: Yeah? What is what?
Speaker 2: Secret layer? Is this? What is this?
Speaker 1: I think this is this? Uh? Oh it's the back to school one where these are like school photos of them as teenagers. Oh that is fucking weird.
Speaker 2: Dude, Shoe Lane can still eat a whole ass. It looks like he does.
Speaker 1: I would have beat him up in high school, and I wasn't beating anybody up in high school. I would have whooped his ass.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I would have made made him eat his own hand.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Well, Chiu Lane's back. He dropped from one to nine. That's our second biggest drop.
Speaker 1: Yes, this is the second biggest drop you can have.
Speaker 2: This bodes well for my prediction. Yes, there's lots of guys that could be in between this and number one.
Speaker 1: Very true.
Speaker 2: Fuck Chu Lane, let's go to number eight.
Speaker 1: Fuck off. Well there's another one.
Speaker 2: Here's the verse two. Yuna Grand Summoner.
Speaker 1: What is this from Final Fantasy. Oh, she's the main character in Final Fantasy.
Speaker 2: That looks That looks Final Fantasy Ish. Yes, Final Fantasy Ish, Final Fantasy Ish. So this is banton one for a one to five human cleric tap add one man of any color you when you cast your next creature spell, this turn that creature enters with two plus ones on it. That's pretty good. Also, whenever another permanent you control is put into the graveyard from the battlefield, if it had one or more counters on it, you may put that number of plus one counters on target creature. Oh, Alex plays this deck. This deck is insanely powerful. Oh.
Speaker 1: Yes, she's the other commander from the Final Fantasy ten commander deck.
Speaker 2: This is insanely powerful. It's no wonder. Okay, actually three things. Okay, checkboxes. We talked about boxes. Okay, Final Fantasy one check Uh makes manna well, no, makes dudes bigger. Yeah, okay, I'm gonna give you all those.
Speaker 1: Blocks because it's the one to five for some reason.
Speaker 2: Yes, but that's not really a box.
Speaker 1: It makes it so when you lose all of your hard work because somebody kills your giant dude, you just make a different giant dude.
Speaker 2: Yes, I'm gonna call that. The checkbox there is insanely powerful.
Speaker 1: Yes.
Speaker 2: The another checkbox was the commander of a pre con. Yes, so you have a very very popular universes beyond pre con with a very powerful commander in it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's cool.
Speaker 2: Picture does a bunch of shit that people.
Speaker 1: Like to do. Yeah, like put counters on stack.
Speaker 2: Counters and plus ones, and it's in the color of I don't know, double tokens and double counters, double this, and double jerk off because it's Final Fantasy and uh with blue. I love blue.
Speaker 1: You would.
Speaker 2: It's the only thing I like about this card.
Speaker 1: The pictures kind of neat.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I like that.
Speaker 1: I don't think you gets married in the game. Notice she the only one that's played it and I didn't play it enough.
Speaker 2: What does what does that have to do with anything? I'm just saying, shed I thought that was no. I thought that was a jellyfish sitting on her head.
Speaker 1: Dude, if there was a jellyfish sitting on her head, I would have commented on that way. Sooner tell me I'm wrong, though, it does kind of like a jelly fish. It was ultras on her head.
Speaker 2: The best is ultrauss a jellyfish.
Speaker 1: Is an octopus.
Speaker 2: He's the man. See it's Gary's favorite character, aren't you guys just the same fucking person. Bunch have long hairs with Gary loves grass chounder. Gary was coming coming in hot today.
Speaker 1: Yeah, man, he's He's on the ball Tuesday. Let's see next. What number is this Gary?
Speaker 2: This is seven? Kay, so we've.
Speaker 1: Seen two universes.
Speaker 2: This is this is eight? Seven is coming up? Okay, Okay, I like this pick sure of derevy better? This is this is a reprint as a box topper or whatever in Bloomborough, Bloomborough boxtopper or Bloomborough commander. Maybe this is a reprint from Bloomborough. Yes, and I like this art better because you can kind of more tell he's an owl. Yeah, because he's an owl an owl. He's an owl. They're an owl. I don't know what they're uh derevy.
Speaker 1: Back again, back back back again.
Speaker 2: Everything that we said still true, it.
Speaker 1: Does all the same ship. Still a powerful deck.
Speaker 2: Yeah, probably better now than it was uh intrinsically, but in the grand scope of the commander and especially the competitive meta, it isn't as powerful like relatively Yeah, yeah, still very good deck. Fuck two Lane, don't don't say that name around me?
Speaker 1: Go again? Oh did we ever decide? Does the universes beyond count?
Speaker 2: Oh? Lord of the Rings?
Speaker 1: Or three?
Speaker 2: Sure? This is really a Ladrial Light of valan Or I love this card. Sink I has this deck. I think Rusty Trump Jones might have this deck or we've talked about it.
Speaker 1: A bunch of fucking webs.
Speaker 2: Yes, this is a three to three elf Noble for bant and two O K and she's got Whenever another creature enters the battlefield under your control, choose one that hasn't been chosen this turn okape, okay, add green green green? What so I can cast my Lani war Elf and make manna from it. My Lani war Elf can has become dark ritual?
Speaker 1: Sure?
Speaker 2: Yes? Why not green dark ritual? Dark ritual? Y. Yes, also put a plus one counter on each fucking creatures.
Speaker 1: So with Katharine's crusade each.
Speaker 2: One, it's also a Catherine's crusade in the commands one for the same manecost mind.
Speaker 1: You, So with Katherine's Crusade and dark Ritual.
Speaker 2: Yes, Cape scribe to draw card.
Speaker 1: So it's dark ritual, it's Catherine's crusade. Yes, and it's inspect.
Speaker 2: No uh no, uh, preordain, preordain, preordain or ponder preordain preordain. Yeah, we're just gonna say preordained. Don't add us in the comments or yeah, or do because it helps us if you're a troll. Uh. This card is good, no ship. Can you imagine playing a blink on the same turn and you could just pick the same thing you've already picked this turn.
Speaker 1: Could you blink her?
Speaker 2: Fuck? Yeah? You do? Yeah? Or you clone her and let this one die because you're playing blue and white and those are the blink and clone colors.
Speaker 1: That's true.
Speaker 2: This card is so good. This card is so freaking good. I did a I did a full art, like altered art one of these. We're looking at the uh oh, I guess they're all from the scene box sets.
Speaker 1: Right, I don't.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I did a full art one of these. I think Jay Rock Confardi's got it. It's pretty freaking cool. That's pretty He should give it back to me. I kind of want it just so I can build it, and then, because there's no text on it, I can tell people what it does and they won't believe me.
Speaker 1: Why A just gonna get one?
Speaker 2: Probably could if I felt like it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, get a from Fusion game in online dot com. You a special promo code CCO Nations save yourself five percent.
Speaker 2: As if I haven't done that like three times already. I own this card at least twice, and one of them Jared owns that I also got from Fusion. Yes, very good card.
Speaker 1: Let's go to the next one.
Speaker 2: Very definitely Universes Beyond though, yes, yeah, top five maybe.
Speaker 1: Top five of now.
Speaker 2: We haven't hit five though, you haven't hit five yet, that's true. We've hit four. We're gonna I've hit four three three three sure four Choco Secret of Paradise This card's good too, is it?
Speaker 4: Though?
Speaker 2: It's a three five bird for banton one and whenever one or more birds you control attack. Look at that many cards from the top of your library. You may put one of them into your hand, put any number of land cards from among them onto the battlefield tapped, and the rest into your fucking graveyard. You don't think that's good. Wait, there's more.
Speaker 1: You gotta play birds.
Speaker 2: Just wait, there's more. Remember remember those lands that we put onto the battlefield. It has landfall too, Okay, okay, whenever a land enters battlefeld out of your control, Choco gets plus one until end of turn. Oh shit, yeah, that's fine. It's probably gonna get plus two, right, because you play a land for turn, you tack with a bunch of ship and then you get another land. Maybe sure, so it hits for five. It's a five to seven kind of when it hits kinda.
Speaker 1: It's a five five because it's ass doesn't get any bigger.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, it's ass doesn't get bigger.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: This this card is good.
Speaker 1: It's good.
Speaker 2: It's got three colors. It.
Speaker 1: People like to play birds.
Speaker 2: I have a bird deck. People asked me if I was gonna play this bird. I'm a bird deck and you were like, nah, no, my bird deck black, black, white, white, blue. Sure, no room for this guy and white. But she has to be the commander. Yeah, why here, the fucking wind lord is the commander.
Speaker 1: I don't even know what that is.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Universe Beyond is lord of the rings.
Speaker 1: Why would I know that because you're a nerd. Is he the bird that didn't show up until the end? Hey guys, we're here to help finally.
Speaker 2: No, he's the bird that rescues Gandalf from the tower. He shows up at the start. He's the only.
Speaker 1: One was Maybe he should have rescued Salmon Frodo from something and just flew him and dropped him in the fucking volcano.
Speaker 2: Told his buddies, Hey, guys, we could save the world and be heroes.
Speaker 1: Like if I was that bird, I would have picked Froto up by his like the back of his pants and just dropped him in the volcano.
Speaker 2: Oh that gives new meaning to atomic wedgie.
Speaker 1: Yeah, volcanic weggie. Like he'd be like, oh sad, help me.
Speaker 2: Oh, ooh the chain it's so heavy.
Speaker 1: Ooh it's warm.
Speaker 2: Oh oh no.
Speaker 1: Mister, that was the sound of him hitting the lava.
Speaker 2: I think, yeah, yeah, I got it, I got it.
Speaker 1: All the water in his body evaporating at once.
Speaker 2: Yes, fuck.
Speaker 1: Bird could have solved everything.
Speaker 2: Didn't though, Well this bird also would solve the problem. He doesn't look like he's smart enough, little dirty, fucking stupid head.
Speaker 1: Well they can't fly either, right, they're not very smart.
Speaker 2: Oh they can't even fly. No, he doesn't have flying you're.
Speaker 1: Right, he's literally basically an Ostrich. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Okay, well that was number five and rupped at four universes beyond. I think we're at five universes beyond.
Speaker 1: Let's go back to the look, let's do it real fast.
Speaker 2: Recap, recap, baby, here we go, Here we go, here go, hold on okay, Watara Avatar, then chew Lane, then you know that's yeah, Then Derev oh yeah, dere ain't and then Galadriel answer yep, and then Choco bitch okay, which is not a tennis player, by the way.
Speaker 1: Wayne Grady Way and Brady gotta get out of this car and choke a bitch.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I got it, number four, number four. Here we go, baby, this this is gonna confirm my prediction.
Speaker 1: Okay, there's the face commander of the unit deck. Yet this is the face commander of Alex's counter the counter's deck.
Speaker 2: Yeah, at the beginning of combat, on your turn, you may move a counter from target creach you control onto a second target creach you control, of course, so move some ship around. Also, whenever one or more creatures you control with counters on them deal combat damage to a player, you may draw a card then proliferate. Jesus, Chris, only do it once per turn though. Oh yeah, it's not powerful at all, not good enough. You might as well just rip this card up.
Speaker 1: Bad card, Jesus.
Speaker 2: I think un is more powerful. Man. I played against Alex's UNI deck, and I don't even like I lost to that deck like probably three times in a row. And he didn't even modify yet.
Speaker 1: Dang.
Speaker 2: I think he since has now, or maybe he took it apart. I don't know.
Speaker 1: It's probably way worse now. Dlex is a degeneration.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he's a piece of trash.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but yeah, we all the same things that applied to you and I apply here. This is just a little bit more like attacking advantage. And since all your dudes are gigantic, then you know, you just win.
Speaker 2: Ah and enables your dude lingving things proliferate three colors. The lead singer of a commander deck is attracts of attracts compliant. Yeah yeah, not not that I mean, not.
Speaker 1: As good as a tracks, but still pretty good.
Speaker 2: Got the tracks is good. Eh, I can't believe I said that.
Speaker 1: It's true.
Speaker 2: God, I'm probably never gonna live that down.
Speaker 1: She is good. I play at tracks. I love my tracks A deck.
Speaker 2: Oh, once she just marry and then I would probably would be rich. Yeah, rich in fucking weeds that want to make commander decks out of you and simply you causeplay and.
Speaker 1: My wife, I'm like, hey, wife, and she'd be like, because that's what she probably sounds like.
Speaker 2: I think you're probably right.
Speaker 1: You speak, I speak for X, and it turns out I was gonna hit you with the aceman cheered too.
Speaker 2: You speak what you do? Speak? Yeah, you sure do. Oh my god, Titus can funk off him and chew Lane can go and jump.
Speaker 1: Off a bridge together. Ola Hella the Skintish seer. I like this, okay, give her so she is a frog druid one three four band. Whenever you cast a creature spell with value man of value four or greater, you draw card, gain a life, and putting plus one counter on her. I know, right, it's almost like it has more than simik. And then it has tap at x mana of any one color, where x is her power. Spend this man only to cast creature spells with mount of value four or greater, or creature spells with X in their manocost.
Speaker 2: Bro This car is really good. Yeah, man, this card is really good.
Speaker 1: Oh this Carl slapped a sh out of you.
Speaker 2: This does a lot of things that we want to do in Commander. It's during the synergy age a commander that comes out early at three mana get this on turn two or three reliably. And it references mana value four or greater a couple times, which is supposed to be a throttle or like a like a like a filter.
Speaker 1: It's not, but it ain't because it enables itself.
Speaker 2: Yeah. It says things like gain a life, draw a card, add x mana. Those are all things that I think Commander players want to do.
Speaker 1: She's the thing that says equal to power but then makes herself bigger.
Speaker 2: The card good.
Speaker 1: It's very good, also real good and ATTRACTSA So you play her on turn two, which gets you attracts on turn four, which immediately puts two counters on her and gains you a life, can draws you a card.
Speaker 2: Can't you get attracts on turn four? Anyways? You mean turn three? Yeah?
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, and then on turn five you play, because this is seven, you play the lane. You play fucking jinga taxes.
Speaker 2: That's pretty good.
Speaker 1: Get fucked on nerd Yeah, and it looks really got.
Speaker 2: You got the showcase frog art like the storybook kind of kids fantasy artis.
Speaker 1: Where she's all huge doing magic stuff.
Speaker 2: Yeah, track came here.
Speaker 1: I like frogs.
Speaker 2: Yeah, let's eat some mushrooms or something. Probably ah helga skittish here, really good, really good. I kind of want to build that deck.
Speaker 1: I think it would be cool. I really do like you could build this deck to be and you can actually say and mean, it's not that Helga deck. It's just things I like that cost four or more. You know what I mean?
Speaker 2: How many frogs cost four or more?
Speaker 1: I mean more than you think.
Speaker 2: I'm looking it up, but I don't know if there's but usually the looker upper guy.
Speaker 1: And lots of them, lots of the frogs that are bigger and black to like, get get frog. Oh yeah, thallia and get frogs.
Speaker 2: Okay, frog, and I'm gonna select commands of white, blue green. There are eighteen thousand and seven and twenty nine frogs. I think I did something wrong.
Speaker 1: I think you have selected a wrong thing.
Speaker 2: Yes, oh yeah, typeline frog. It didn't take I see I didn't click there. Okay, frogs in our color, yeah, held Es Schlevendy sixty sixty and they got to be CMC or power CMC. Geez. None of them are so far one fuck not even chubb toad two. I guess I could have done a filter three four five.
Speaker 1: Not enough to do a deck frog. Might maybe that's not getting shot. No, it's blacks Caster froggling.
Speaker 2: I'm thinking of blacks Caster frog. Yeah, he didn't got enough getting shot. There's probably enough.
Speaker 1: Well you could do it. Would it be a real shit?
Speaker 2: Yeah? That's fine. Algut man. That that kind of looks like a fun card.
Speaker 1: It's good as hell. I like it very much. Let's see the next one though.
Speaker 2: Okay, this is number three.
Speaker 1: Two three, Yeah, what's cool. I like that because that's that's cool. It's not a vultron it's not an enchantress and it's not a like a broken it's just good.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I like that. Okay, let's keep going here. What what what the dink stomping lips slapping fuck?
Speaker 2: What oh we were talking to the discord today. What the uh.
Speaker 4: Slap slap cheeks, claps cheeks, slaps cheeks of the fucking geeks. It slaps the cheeks and the cheeks of the geeks.
Speaker 1: With its cheeks. I mean they.
Speaker 2: Actually because it doesn't bass blasting.
Speaker 1: You know, they've only printed more walls. So it stands to reason that things that.
Speaker 2: Katies this is ur Katie's the strategy. I don't know if we said that. Yeah, is number two that went up? Yeah, big jump that went up. We don't see ups very often.
Speaker 1: Yeah, very especially for something like this like such.
Speaker 2: A fricking can't get it up for asses anymore.
Speaker 1: Have we seen an enchantress yet? We haven't seen an enchantress yet.
Speaker 2: Oh famous last words, that's a.
Speaker 1: Well, that's a huge shift, like there was four or five of them. We haven't seen an enchantress or a vultron command with this whole time.
Speaker 2: Oh I expected to not see vultrons. I guess we have we hit five universes beyond? Yes, yes, no, yes, God damn it.
Speaker 1: Okay, well, before we do one, we'll go back in one of those one, two, three, four or five? Yes, five, but over we have to go over five. We gotta go over five.
Speaker 2: And we're at two.
Speaker 1: Is the number one one.
Speaker 2: Universes beyond, Paul Baby arcadis. Now we're two. We're going to the number one of Now have universes beyond infiltrated fifty or greater? As for my prediction of the ban commanders.
Speaker 1: Well, they've already hit fifty percent or greater, so it means yes.
Speaker 2: They ruined magic? Have they ruined bent? We're gonna find out.
Speaker 1: I mean, let's you Titus could fuck off, but we're gonna find out. Okay, let's go, let's let's do it. Here we go? What what?
Speaker 2: What the what?
Speaker 1: Missus missus bumble flower?
Speaker 2: What?
Speaker 1: Okay? This this right? Hear me smacking them and you can see me smacking them.
Speaker 2: If you're watching on YouTube, you should be.
Speaker 1: This is the fucking deck where people say, I want my girlfriend to play magic. I'm gonna build her the cute little bunny citizen deck, and they get this art with the little lady making soup like she's so nice, and then they buy a bunch of hair appearents and fucking get in and.
Speaker 2: Take a shit all over you McKenna for doing a cause play of this and making everybody want to do it, and yeah, ruining ban.
Speaker 1: For us be a nice lady.
Speaker 2: But you know what I was wrong. We didn't go over five universes beyond look at that. This is from uh Bloombero commander Yeah one five rabbit citizen. Like you said for Banton one, it's.
Speaker 1: Got vig so I'll bet you can tap it to do something.
Speaker 2: Well, no, it's just it's just blocks and you never want to attack a missus bumbleflower shi fuck you up. Yeah. Whenever you cast a spell, target opponent draws a card, put a plus one counter on target creature. Mmmm. It gains flying until I to turn. If this is the second time this ability has resolved, this turn draw two cards.
Speaker 1: You know, man, Not only not only is it the sucker your significant other who likes cutesy stuff into playing magic, it's also lying to people because it masquerades is a group hug deck. Fuck this bitch, make her into slippers cut her tail off and put it in my ass just so it smells, and I'll give it back to her and she'd be like, why does my tail smell like that? And it was in my butt?
Speaker 2: This is fuck off, this guy lady coming in hot. This bumble or chew Lane if you had to delete one from Magic's history, so nobody ever even remembered it.
Speaker 1: Cheu Lane, Chewlane not close every.
Speaker 2: Day, correct, Bumbleflower might be a lie, but it's fine.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm actually kind of happy to see it at number one. Instead of a chew Lane, instead of a deurebbi.
Speaker 2: What about instead of a universe is beyond?
Speaker 1: Ah? You know what this car? I actually thought that either Titus or Una, like now that I'm now that I've seen all ten. Yeah, I'm actually surprised that Titus or Una was at number one because Final Fantasy was so wildly popular. Final Fantasy ten is so popular and people love their like plus one plus one yeah kind.
Speaker 2: Of and we're diggity diggity, we're in the Synergy era. Yeah right, so like I could this one. You know what, I know you mentioned the you mentioned the what'd you call it? Cut group group hug and it does masquerade at that a little bit, but also, oh, what funny hug. Damn damn it nobody even gets it. Less from here, joke is so good and only we get it.
Speaker 1: A bunnie hug is a.
Speaker 2: Hooded sweatshirt, a hooded sweatshirt with the pockets in front that you put your hands in, like by your belly button. That's called a bunny hug where we're from.
Speaker 1: Yes, nobody fucking gets it. Oh that makes me so sad.
Speaker 2: We had to explain the best joke we've ever made. Oh what a sad day, what a man, what a bitter sweet end?
Speaker 1: Makes us sad?
Speaker 2: This deck masquerades as a group hug qt se. I want my girlfriend to play magic. This motherfucker is a spell slinger deck. Whenever you cast a spell as the first line on the thing.
Speaker 1: But your opponents start drawing, shit.
Speaker 2: Fucking fuck them. Fuck them. If this is the second time this ability has resolved, I draw two. I've drawn one hundred more cards than them.
Speaker 1: Just play Dramatic reversal is the conceptor and just to kill the ball.
Speaker 2: Fuck them. I'm just gonna go ruin their day, like fucking Julian trailer Park boys. Fuck, I'm just I'm just gonna fuck up everything they're doing and ruin their day teaching. Moo's boss takes a sip of whiskey. Fuck them.
Speaker 1: Yeah, ship call us.
Speaker 2: The Trailer Park Boys. The MTG podcast will tell you Missus Bumbleflower were it's a oh yeah, same podcast, same thing. This is a mill deck. Fuck. This is a mill deck that could play rampant growth and swords to plowshares and you'll fucking mill one. I do, yeah, and I'm gonna draw too. Yeah, I don't hate this card.
Speaker 1: So we end with a goddamn hooded sweatshirt deck. I'll bet you at least one after listening to the show. I'll bet you somebody changes their name for the miss Missus Bumbleflower deck, the hooded sweatshirt and nobody's again, and nobody's gonna get it.
Speaker 2: Nobody's gonna get it, man, except nobody's gonna get it. Nobody's gonna get it. If you wanted to get a Missus Bumbleflower though, Fusion Gaming Online dot Com your source for all of your hooded sweatshirts. That's a that's a new thing. I just seen it come up on their website. They're real CCO Nation promo code. Gonna get you a discount. Good use it because it helps us, and it lets and you and and it lets Fusion know that they're deal with. Commander Cookode is a good one.
Speaker 1: Spend less money on cards and get them faster.
Speaker 2: Oh my god. Yeah, have you seen the price of the frickin Hobbit collector boosties.
Speaker 1: I am doing my best to.
Speaker 2: Not well save five percent? If you do, would you? Yeah, let them know that I sent.
Speaker 1: You will do you know tot before we say about.
Speaker 2: We're going to Tangent because these episodes haven't been long enough over the last fifteen weeks.
Speaker 1: Just there we go. I'm gonna I actually have really appreciator of the last few sets. We talked a couple of weeks ago, but how like things haven't been speaking to me, so I've been kind of out of the loop a little bit. Yeah, since we're doing something that's different than like set reviews, I like, I'll read a spoiler here and there, but I don't go into the collecting the set thing and look at all the shit. I'm not paying attention to the prices.
Speaker 2: Because you used to be the guy that always said like, this is where you get this. This is the art treatments, here's the basic lands here, here's you get that. So yeah, I think those are Honestly, I would go back when when like looking at the show and post and.
Speaker 1: Be like, Okay, did I get this right?
Speaker 2: This is where I have to get like this treatment. This is the booster packs that I want to buy if I want this. Yeah, just because I'm a degenerate and want to open packs instead of buying singles. Yeah, yeah, I like those episodes. Those are fun.
Speaker 1: I did too. But you know what, now that we haven't been doing them as much because there's too much product, it just turns our show into a commercial for them. And they're not giving us anything, so can fuck off. They want to give us something, maybe we'll talk about their shit. They're not giving us preview cards anymore. Wats you want us to talk about your game? It's new give us money. They listened to the show now they know that. I don't know if they do they still do. They monitor everything we do since we started that, like gun Scare in Chicago.
Speaker 2: So anyway, actually they probably use AI to listen to us.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, yeah, that was lots of fun stuff, lots.
Speaker 2: Of alort oh, lots of the Lord. Did you have the smoky stuff or the regular stuff?
Speaker 1: Yes?
Speaker 2: Good answer. Yes. Did you try an a stone cold beer? Yes? Did you think that it was cops knocking on the door when Smittie ordered burgers?
Speaker 4: Yes?
Speaker 1: Yes I did.
Speaker 2: Okay, what a what a gay old time?
Speaker 1: So now that we're not paying attention to that stuff, okay, yeah I haven't. I don't know if booster packs are more expensive now. I don't know if collector packs are hard to get or being jacked up and earned super expensive. I don't know that, and not knowing it means I'm not gonna get upset about it on my own volition and I'm not gonna be offended on somebody else's behalf. And that not having that little twinge of negativity in my life is great.
Speaker 2: Bro. What's it like being me?
Speaker 1: I don't know. I mean, it's good if this is what you feel like all the time. Yeah, we're never doing a set of you again.
Speaker 2: Wow, you heard it here first.
Speaker 1: Probably have to do the hobbit.
Speaker 2: Oh helliett.
Speaker 1: Well, so we're gonna do at least one.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but we're not gonna talk about price. No, No, I'll give you ear plugs. I'll give you ear plugs. You think Brando's MIC's hot today? Holy smokes?
Speaker 1: Yeah, wait until I'm yelling to hear it over my own ear plugs.
Speaker 2: Oh oh man. Yeah. Like I've always said, you don't have to buy it, but everybody does buy it because they want to. Because it's their game, and it's your thing, right, it's the thing that you want to do. It's your hobby. You want to build your cli. Actually, you want to play the new stuff. You want to bumble flower all over your friends. Like, this is what we do because we're magic players.
Speaker 1: Although we've reached a point where we lots of people say this, lots of the big creators say this.
Speaker 2: We're going to say it. Are we big? I don't think I think so. I don't think so.
Speaker 1: I think we're big enough that we can say.
Speaker 2: Well, you're certainly big enough, right, Support your local game store.
Speaker 1: Support support an online shop like Fusion, like any of the other big guys.
Speaker 2: Yeah, like any of the little guys or the little dudes, support.
Speaker 1: Them, because buying singles from a store like that still shows that you support the game, still shows that you like it. And also tells Watson they're charging too much fucking stuff for their ship, too much stuff for there's too much stuff money for their ship, which is cards we can let somebody else open them for us. The fewer booster boxes they sell and the more single somebody else sells, the better it is for us, Because is telling Watsie that even the whales dry up eventually, Eventually the whales run out of fucking money.
Speaker 2: The whales get washed up on the beach, and then they die and they start to bloat because all the stuff inside them fermenting and turning to gas.
Speaker 1: They get crushed by their own fat.
Speaker 2: And then one guy like walks up to it with like a fricking kitchen knife, sticks it in, and the whole thing explodes. Everybody's covering whale refuse for like a ten mile radius.
Speaker 1: They try and get some of the fat out to make perfume, and then they get arrested and put it in federal prison.
Speaker 2: Oh, I was gonna make an Uncle Brando's Wiener joke, but then you made a perfume joke, and I don't think those things belong in the same sense.
Speaker 1: I made an Ambergris joke. Why do I know that ambergriss is used to make perfume. Why do I know that? Why do I know that whale product is used to make high end perfume?
Speaker 2: Why do I know that whale product? Please please never call it that again?
Speaker 1: What the any? The point is? The point is it's working in other industries. E's Summer Slam two night Extravaganza one hundred bucks a ticket. They're giving them away now because people refuse to go to their stupid show. So we're proving that billion dollar companies can be brought down by customers that still love what they're putting out but refuse to support it financially until it becomes more affordable for them. And we can do that fucking here too. You don't haven't talked about that in a long time, but I think it's worth going on the soapbox a little bit and just say, support your game stores, support the people around you, have fun play this game. We all love it, but wats He's been gouging us for too long, and we can send a very simple message to them by supporting not them, and somebody else.
Speaker 2: Yay sports, Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, we got to have We got to get some pile of bones in here. You gotta get Mike Challenge to send us a pile of bones. Yeah, we gotta have an Uncle Branda Power Hour. You can tell us what you really think.
Speaker 1: Did I just do that a little bit? I kind of know it just a little bit one thing. But the point is it's a way we can all make a positive change and we all win. This way, we get all the stuff we want. Yeah, and all of our favorite places stay in business and do well, which is what we want.
Speaker 2: That is what we want.
Speaker 1: And the big conglomeration that kind of lords over us and basically tells us who's cool and who's not has to rethink the way they do things, especially in a company now where they're eating shit except for one division and it's ours. And if their division, that division's eating shit too, they're gonna have to change what they're doing or the stockholders are gonna go fucking Versailles on them.
Speaker 2: Maybe maybe they'll just be like, oh, yeah, cut half the jobs, get AI to do it. Then all of the good game designers that work for Magic just get canned.
Speaker 1: How many sets do you how many full AI sets do you think they get away with?
Speaker 2: This is a different topic that's a fucking great conversation. But we have to say thank you to our Patreon supporters Patreon dot com slash CEO podcasts get in onto the CEO experience in the discord. You'd see the picture for it if you're watching on YouTube, which should be which should be big. Thanks to Fusion producer Gary and the dufferin Avenue Media Network Studio Network. If you're in Saskatoon, send him an email at.
Speaker 1: Contact dat dufferinav dot com. That is the email. This is the theme song.
Speaker 2: There you go. I'm definitely not.
Speaker 1: Even jiggle keys in front of I'm.
Speaker 2: Not letting that song infiltrate Commander cookout, but I gave you one for free. Gary.
Speaker 1: There it is, there is.
Speaker 2: That's all I got. My final thought of the day. I was fucking right with with the total not total, but the way higher percentage of universes beyond in three color because of the pre con effect.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we did. We noticed in the in the vans all three new commanders from the the Enchantress pre conra all in there.
Speaker 2: Yes, and in this and that's that's a strategic marketing and giving the people more of what they want choice. I don't hate that.
Speaker 1: Sure.
Speaker 2: The problem I have with it and this is my final thought of the day, Okay, and prediction, Oh, I got lots of those today. The problem I have with it is they give it to us, They give us what we want, but they heap it on in spades and it turns into not what we want, and then it turns into Chulane and what's her name? Yuna? Yes, and too much of a good thing. And you can go backwards in time, all the way back to the start air quotes, start of Commander when it came became Commander, and we got Anamar and Klia and Ruine of the Hidden Realm, and those exploded in popularity. Too powerful, too much of what we wanted attracts, attracts. A couple of years later, right now, those have integrated because the game has evolved and power has crept. Yes, I said it. And maybe in you know, five or six years, when Commander Cookok's celebrating episode one thousand, we'll say, oh, Yuna and Cheulane like they don't matter. Well, we won't say that I'm about Chulane, but un and fucking what's his name? Titus Jerk Office Titties, Joco crook a bitch. Yeah, when when those don't matter, it'll be because more universes beyond and three and four color Commanders become the next new power crept synergy driven thing. And eh, I'm kind of okay with it, because like, change is inevitable, and change if things stop changing, it's because they stop making magic and we don't want that. And I'm not saying things like Rafika the Mini aren't good, derev not good. No, definitely not saying anything of the sort.
Speaker 1: If we did this in twenty I'll just say twenty thirty, let's just say a more reasonable thing to rev is still going to be in the top. So is Chow Lane.
Speaker 2: Choe Lane.
Speaker 1: Man, he's fucked that guy. Yeah, we can't get rid of him. He's like herpes.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah. Revenge Crabs dot Com.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Revenge Crabs dot chew Lane.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Revenge chew Lane dot Com.
Speaker 1: You mentioned sending somebody at chew Lane and it's like foil and super cool and they're like, oh yeah, but is it crabs on it?
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, it's like one of those glitter bombs that you get in the mail, but with crabs. Yeah, that is like playing against Cheu Lane. Yeah, it's crab. What's your face? What's what's your final thought of the day?
Speaker 1: I already gave My final thought of the day was how much you pay fucking WATSI to play this game sometimes? And how we can avoid it by using Fusion Gaming Online dot Com special promo code CCO nation.
Speaker 2: That's good. That's good final thought or the like.
Speaker 1: The point is we're enjoying doing this, and I hope you guys are enjoying. How many Griss universities are we gonna get it? Is it Grisy next? I would imagine so Grisy French for Grix's. I think that's how the colors go. Is there going to be Esper next?
Speaker 2: Esper Desper?
Speaker 1: Well? How many thinks we're gonna get in Grix's Canucks?
Speaker 2: And Gris is all of them? Because it's every bad guy?
Speaker 1: Yeah right, it's gonna be seven out of ten?
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, what about an Esper five out of ten?
Speaker 1: Five out of ten?
Speaker 2: Again? Are we predicting? Yes, we've got too many predictions. We gotta end the show.
Speaker 1: Yeah, not after, not before we predict this ship.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna drink this beer.
Speaker 1: Okay, he's gonna drink this beer. While he's drinking the beer, he says five. I say four, and we're gonna see who's right on the next exciting episode of Coo Mander Cookout podcast