Speaker 1: Live from the heart of the nation's capital, this is a Jim Acosta Show special report.
Speaker 2: All right.
Speaker 3: Hey, everybody. Welcome to the Jim Acosta Show.
Speaker 1: It's another day that ends in Y and Donald Trump turning our world upside down. Just 60 days, folks, until the midterm elections in this country. Of course, voting is going to start much sooner than that. And as we've been saying on the show, Donald Trump is already working hard to deprive you of your right to.
Speaker 3: Vote in this country.
Speaker 1: We'll talk about that and more during this hour. Our big guest is Hunter Biden. He's back on the show. We're very happy to have him with us. And I just want to say, Hunter, before we get started, I've got to give a shout out to our friends over at Ground News. There's a new tool I'm using more and more these days to check out the news.
Speaker 3: It's called Ground News.
Speaker 1: Not only do they have all of the day's news, they also provide ownership information about the media outlets reporting the headlines.
Speaker 3: Take a look.
Speaker 1: Go to groundnews.com slash Acosta to get 40 percent off the unlimited access vantage plan and unlock worldwide perspectives on the stories shaping our world. Hunter Biden, great to see you, man.
Speaker 2: Hey, great to see you. I'm a ground news person myself, too. There you go.
Speaker 3: Well, we've got to get those plugs in. We'll get your plugs in, too.
Speaker 4: How you been?
Speaker 2: I'm doing great. I'm doing great. I'm having fun out there.
Speaker 3: I know you are. You're everywhere.
Speaker 1: And, you know, I guess the first thing that always comes to mind whenever we get on is just how your father's doing. I know his health has been an issue as of late. I did see that he's going to be going to the 9-11 ceremony in New York. That's the one that Trump, I guess, is skipping because they won't let him speak there and, I guess, ruin the festivities. But it's good to see that your dad's going to be there for that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he is.
Speaker 4: And, you know, he's so tough. It's just like impossible. to keep him down. I mean, everyone that loves him and keeps telling him, please, like, you know, just can we rest for a little bit?
Speaker 2: But, um, so, you know, he's going to have to live with this for the rest of his life. It's painful.
Speaker 4: And the, and the, uh, the process is, um, you know, I, I, as I always say, it's, it's, uh, something I think almost every single person can relate to had, uh, someone that they love that has, uh, has cancer or has battled with cancer. And so, He's, but today he's doing, he's doing, he's doing great. Prognosis has been good. The treatment has been working and, but it's something he's going to have to live with for the rest of his life. Yeah.
Speaker 1: And it does say something, does it not, that the folks in New York would like to see Joe Biden at the 9-11 festivities, but not Donald Trump. I mean, it seems to me that that's probably a good move on their part, not having Donald Trump there, given his track record. Yeah.
Speaker 4: I mean, What is that even all about? I mean, talk about the level of narcissism that you have to have is to demand to speak, to be the only the first person to ever speak that, you know, with.
Speaker 2: I just don't get it.
Speaker 4: It just he takes every beautiful thing about us coming together and figures out a way to divide us even further and make something make it all about him.
Speaker 1: It's so true. There are so many different places where we can go. I want to talk about your Substack and anything else that you might have coming up. The other thing that has been pissing me off lately, and maybe it's because I spent almost eight years there covering the White House on a daily basis, is the fact that the Supreme Court says it's okay for Trump to knock down part of the White House and build this ridiculous ballroom.
Speaker 3: I guess what the.
Speaker 1: Supreme Court is now saying is that You know, any president can come in. I guess they can knock down the whole thing. They can put in an office building. They can put in an amusement park.
Speaker 3: It's insane. Have you had any thoughts on this?
Speaker 4: Yeah, well, one of the things that I think is the most troubling about that decision is that they is outside of just the context of the actual East Wing and that project is the way that they got to the decision is by denying standing.
Speaker 2: Um, to the, uh, to, to the, uh.
Speaker 3: To the plantation folks, right?
Speaker 2: Yeah. Preservation folks.
Speaker 4: So if, if they don't have standing, what, uh, and so many other things, not basically on whether he wants to, you know, tear down the Kennedy center, whether he wants to, you know, whatever he wants to do. And I always say about this, just so everybody understands this, this is, this is not just abnormal.
Speaker 3: Okay.
Speaker 4: This is a, um, uh, and it's beyond just the idea of like, he likes to build things or, or turn everything into gold. What it is, is him taking ownership of something that belongs to all of us. He is saying to us, I can do with this, whatever I want, because I own it. I am, I own the white house. I own, you know, the Kennedy center. I own the, the reflecting pool. And, you know, It's literally what autocrats do.
Speaker 2: And it's what dictators do.
Speaker 4: And for him, it's about the symbolism of that, is that he can bring in literally a wrecking ball and take down a third of the entire square footage of the East Wing and build it in his likeness. And that's the thing that's the most disturbing about it. You know, I think that the Supreme Court is, you know, maybe too late for us, but it's going to rue the day when they gave so much latitude to this guy that clearly has the intention of never leaving.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean, and Hunter, you and I are around the same age.
Speaker 1: And I mean, I don't know about you, but I grew up with like reverence for the Supreme Court.
Speaker 3: I mean, I thought, you know, the.
Speaker 1: Office of the presidency, obviously very political and Congress, very political. The Supreme Court, I grew up with this, and maybe I was stupid and naive, but I had this notion that the Supreme Court was sort of above all of that. Now I get the sense that people just feel like, ah, it's just the MAGA guys on one side, the liberals on the other side, and that's the way it goes. And what a depressing thing to have happened to our country. Because, I mean, are you telling me that if Joe Biden had knocked down part of the White House, that the Supreme Court would be like, okay, sure, that's fine?
Speaker 2: I just think that's nuts.
Speaker 3: No, I know.
Speaker 4: I mean, it's astounding. I mean, and it's every day. There's a new example of it in which he's given a free pass by the other institutions and the Supreme Court, Congress, the other separate parts of the executive that in the past, whether it's by just the norms, the Justice Department being one of them, That it just every day he gets a pass. And and the more that he does, the more the precedent is set.
Speaker 2: And I and when I say rue the day.
Speaker 4: What happens when the quote-unquote kind of anti-Donald Trump comes in, which will not be any better for this country, regardless of where you stand as it relates to Donald Trump, is that no one, this is the entire idea behind our constitutional republic.
Speaker 2: He's attacking the fundamental.
Speaker 4: uh, reason for why we are a nation and why I always believe that regardless of all our warts and, and, uh, and, uh, troubled history is that we were always seeking to, uh, build a better union. And, and, and he made it clear that that is not the intent we're, we're, what we're, we're in now is, um, you know, the, uh, implementing, uh, the Trumpism, uh, and not the constitution.
Speaker 3: Exactly.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 1: And Trumpism, by the way, includes falling asleep all the time in the Oval Office.
Speaker 3: He did it yet again. I don't know.
Speaker 1: I mean, I know we brought this up the last time. He called your dad Sleepy Joe all the time. He falls asleep every time they do one of these photo opportunities in the Oval Office. He's falling asleep.
Speaker 3: We can show some of the video right there. And he's just out cold with people behind him talking.
Speaker 1: I mean, I fall asleep in movies or in front of the TV and stuff. But people like standing around me, I would never fall asleep.
Speaker 3: I don't get this.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I get it. He clearly has something wrong.
Speaker 4: There's nothing even remotely normal about this. And it's really the hypocrisy. This is where I would love to hear your take on it. is I don't get what the press is doing. I read an article today about Steve Witkoff meeting with what's his name from the UAE, the, the, the Amir's brother who runs all of the intelligence services for the UAE and is, you know, and runs the sovereign wealth fund. And it had this whole article about how Steve Witkoff had this major sit down with him as it related to the Iran war for the strategy. And not one mention in there about how Steve Witkoff's family is partners in business with this person in World Liberty Financial to the tune of almost a half a billion dollar investment in a scam, a cryptocurrency scam. And it's amazing to me is how they let this stuff just slide.
Speaker 2: It is absolutely. I mean, I remember this, OK, for years.
Speaker 4: I don't know how long and how many millions of dollars I had to defend myself. And one of the issues was, is that I when my dad was neither president nor vice president, met with individuals that I was doing business with. He never met with them, but he literally did like a photo op walking out of a restaurant, not even a photo op.
Speaker 2: The guy took a picture of himself, a selfie.
Speaker 4: And yeah and and that was it that's the entirety of any evidence that they had similarly now these guys are literally making billions of dollars with these people and they are and they are um uh uh setting policy for the United States of America, which has increased gas prices by what, 40% since the start of the war of the rent? The straightforward solution is still closed. And they're making money off of it by front trading, insider trading, letting them know when he's going to go make a statement and making billions of dollars in trades on the world's futures.
Speaker 1: I would love for somebody to ask that question, how he could give these people advanced access to his Truth Social feed so they can place the right bets on the stock market or the calci market or prediction market whatever it's so totally corrupt and insane and not in keeping with the american tradition at all of the office of the presidency i mean i also think that jared kushner doing business with the saudis you know that.
Speaker 4: He makes annually a hundred million dollars in fees from the saudis they're literally paying him And not only that, he's got, I think, up to $ 6.
Speaker 2: 4 billion invested in his fund now. $ 6.
Speaker 4: 4 billion, all from Gulf state countries.
Speaker 1: And they want to give the Saudis nuclear power, which obviously could lead to a.
Speaker 2: They do.
Speaker 4: And by the way, I know, for instance, that the Secretary of Energy's nephew is in bed with some of the people that have gotten pardons from Donald Trump. And they're supposedly the point people for any of the technology that's going to be transferred to the. To the Saudis as it relates to a nuclear program of which we were so hell bent on stopping.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: And I mean, it just doesn't end. And I just, you know, to me, the press needs to be asking harder questions.
Speaker 3: I mean, and part of it is.
Speaker 1: Because he throws out all of this goofy, crazy shit on a regular basis. You know, he says things like, you know, did you realize that dumb has the letter B on the end of it?
Speaker 3: And he just says silly, kooky stuff.
Speaker 1: And I'm thinking to myself, you know, I guess we could cover, I mean, I guess we could.
Speaker 3: Play this, but it's like, you know.
Speaker 2: And that's when I.
Speaker 5: Came up with the name Democrat because it's the dumbest stuff I've ever seen. Like the transgender, like the men and women's sports, like the open borders, like hundreds of other things that are so bad. And then I said, well, if you replace the E with a U instead of Democrat, you have Democrat. And most people don't know that dumb has a B at the end. You know, they think it's D-U-M and that's okay.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Hunter, nobody thinks that. And I don't, is his brain broken?
Speaker 1: I mean, you know, your father said one thing in a debate, had to end his campaign, and Trump says this shit almost every day.
Speaker 2: Every day. Every day.
Speaker 4: It's almost, you know, and then here's the thing, Jim, is this is why I think that from your experience.
Speaker 2: As being.
Speaker 4: A part of the White House press pool and White House correspondent, is I just don't get how they let this stuff pass. I don't get it anymore. And, and I, and, and, and so we get caught in this thing. Well, yeah, dad had a bad, one bad debate performance. And, and sometimes he mixed up the word ran with the rack or things like that. This, this literally happens on a daily basis. And I almost wonder, is it, if it's like the, You know, you say, well, it's just all of these things that he does as a distraction, like naming Lake Ontario, renaming Lake Ontario.
Speaker 3: Yeah, what did you think of that? Well, I mean, I can't.
Speaker 4: Think of it literally more, a dumber with a B thing in history, except for the thing that he did, you know, three days before that. I mean, talk about dumb. It is just, like, and offensive and childish.
Speaker 1: And then Google goes along with it. Apple goes along with it. That's disgraceful, too.
Speaker 2: Yeah. By the way, go get your MapQuest. Everybody go to the Apple Store right now and download MapQuest. I'm with you.
Speaker 4: The heroes of the internet right now who refuse to name a lake, by the way, which has been named that for over, what, 500 years. Something like that. I think 400 years, literally, before colonization. And so it's just dumb with the B.
Speaker 3: It is all dumb with a B.
Speaker 2: There's no question about it. You know what it is? It's a dumb with a Donald Trump at the end. That's what it is. Yeah.
Speaker 3: With a capital D.
Speaker 2: Yeah, exactly.
Speaker 1: No, you know, and I did see one of your interviews the other day where you were talking about Vice President Kamala Harris. And I mean, I will say that, you know, this from the from the get go looked like a really good pairing to me when your your dad picked Kamala Harris as vice president.
Speaker 3: I thought they worked together pretty, pretty well.
Speaker 1: I mean, I guess, you know, any relationship between the president and vice president might have its hiccups from time to time.
Speaker 3: I mean, Trump and J.D. Vance, that's a whole other story.
Speaker 1: But I guess you were doing an interview the other day where you were talking about Kamala Harris and loyalty.
Speaker 3: Did you want to.
Speaker 4: Well, you know, here's the thing is this is like I truly love the vice president.
Speaker 2: And I certainly don't.
Speaker 4: I can't speak for my dad on this is that he loved working with the with Vice President Harris. And she was an incredibly loyal and effective member of the administration. And on a personal level, I'd love Doug and Kamala. I'm an overly sensitive boy sometimes. You know, I think I think I made that statement. in response to like, I saw a thing where she was talking about like who her favorite presidents and, you know, and, and I guess what the point was is that she wasn't going to name, you know, her, you know, her ticket, but, um, uh, but, and, and, and, and the fact of the matter is, is that I think the, what we should be talking about now is the incredible women, particularly black women that are, that are running for that, that are actually in races right now. Um, uh, like, uh, like Stratton, like, um, uh, Keisha Lance Bottoms. I mean, talk about an incredible candidate down in Georgia.
Speaker 2: And my own senator from the state of Delaware, Lisa Blount Rochester, who is a superstar.
Speaker 4: And I know that the, so here's me apologizing for being a little bratty on the.
Speaker 2: National tv but you know that's me so.
Speaker 1: That's okay it's all right to get a little sensitive about your dad he's your dad that's.
Speaker 2: The way yeah yeah um.
Speaker 1: You know but i i do wonder though it does raise the issue of like what is the future of the democratic party i know you and i talked about this before and i knew you told me that you weren't going to run for anything so i'm not.
Speaker 3: Going to ask about yourself but um Is it John Ossoff?
Speaker 1: He brought up the Natalie Harp thing, and then that went viral and I think created a real problem and a headache for the current White House. I mean, I thought that was kind of a master stroke on his part. I don't know whether it was somebody who gave him that idea or what, but is there a candidate out there that you'd like? I guess we should talk about the Natalie Harp thing, too.
Speaker 3: We should get to that, too.
Speaker 4: Okay, so we'll get to the Natalie Harp thing, which I think is totally relevant and fair. And I don't think this whole thing like, oh my God, you're attacking like this poor, you know, shit, number one.
Speaker 3: Yeah, fuck it, let's talk about Natalie Harp first. What do you think about that?
Speaker 2: Okay, Natalie Harp first is this.
Speaker 4: Is anybody that walks that close to the football, to the nuclear codes, along with the president, that is in his presence on a 24, clearly 24-7, that acts this weird and seemingly inappropriate in the workplace? is someone that we have an absolute right to focus on and to focus on why she didn't get a national security clearance for over a year when she entered into the into the employ of Donald Trump.
Speaker 2: There is nothing normal about this.
Speaker 4: And if this was not if this was Joe Biden, if this was Barack Obama, it would be wall to wall coverage on Fox News 24 seven.
Speaker 2: There is no way that this is not an appropriate issue.
Speaker 4: And it is the hypocrisy of them saying, oh, well, this young woman, you're trying to ruin her life. No one's trying to ruin anybody's life. We're trying to get to the answers of why it is this relationship exists the way that it does.
Speaker 2: It is strange.
Speaker 4: It is inappropriate in many senses. And it should be answered. And it's a legitimate question.
Speaker 2: But every single time what they do is they act like as if, oh, my, you know.
Speaker 4: Like the way that you're talking about a woman. Look at, like, Jesus, God Almighty, look in the mirror, people. Look in the mirror. Look in the mirror.
Speaker 1: Donald Trump has insulted women more than any human being in the history of mankind.
Speaker 2: Yeah. And, again, like, go back to the White House Press Corps.
Speaker 4: On Air Force One, he turns to an experienced, seasoned, incredibly well-liked journalist on the plane who's asking him tough questions, and he turns there and says, quiet, Biggie. And none of these people like Scott Jennings on CNN had any problem with that.
Speaker 2: They don't find any problem with that.
Speaker 1: And by the way, Scott Jennings, you know, I mean, is Scott Jennings a really reliable person?
Speaker 4: I mean, you know, like, Oh my God, he's the biggest jackass on ever. I mean, I have to admit, it's like literally there's no one that gets under my skin more than Scott Jennings, because it's just like, it's.
Speaker 2: Lie after lie after lie after obfuscation.
Speaker 3: He claims he talked to Mitch McConnell.
Speaker 1: He says, I talked to Mitch McConnell.
Speaker 3: Where's Mitch McConnell?
Speaker 2: By the way, it would be really easy. I don't understand why they don't do this. It'd be really easy. Show me the phone log. We all have it. All you have to do is go.
Speaker 4: Into your phone, you go to the number you know, when it was dialed and it shows you how long the how long the call was.
Speaker 2: Show me the phone log. Show me the number. He could end it. He could end the debate about whether he did it. But he's full of shit. We all know it. Now, as it relates to.
Speaker 4: The future of the Democratic Party, I have to say this is all of this hand wringing is so typical of we Democrats.
Speaker 3: Yes.
Speaker 4: There are people look at the candidates that are out there that are being talked about.
Speaker 2: I don't know of anybody that generates more excitement of the base.
Speaker 4: And by the way, more press and coverage than AOC.
Speaker 3: Forget about- You'd like to see AOC.
Speaker 2: No, look at AOC. Look at John Ossoff.
Speaker 4: Look what John Ossoff has been, the excitement that he's been able to create in Georgia, in a purple state at best, in which he- has been able to break out of the wall-to-wall Donald Trump press and be able to create his own. And by the way, look at somebody like James Tallarico. Now, they may steal that election from him by closing polling stations.
Speaker 2: Did you see that? They closed down 95 polling stations. They're going to do everything they can do to steal it. But what an.
Speaker 4: Amazing candidate for Texas in particular. And by the way, Abdul Al-Sayed is going to win. I'll tell you here right now. Abdul Al-Sayed is going to win in Michigan. And oh, I'll tell you about somebody who I think is a rising star in the face of the Democratic Party that I'd like to see is Dan Coe in Massachusetts 6th, who just won the primary there. He's amazing. Watch him on TV. Watch how he goes on Fox News and takes it back to them. That's the future of the Democratic Party. Look at Keisha Lance Bottoms in Georgia. Look at Lisa Blount Rochester in Delaware. Look at Julie Stratton in, and just, we have these amazing candidates. By the way, Gavin Newsom, I don't care what you say about Gavin Newsom, if anybody's ready for prime time, you know what I mean? Like he is, and as a communicator, And not only a communicator in the.
Speaker 2: New media, he's got a team, man. He is ready to go. So I think we have an enormous, incredibly deep bench.
Speaker 4: And the question is not whether or not we have the people to bring us over the finish line. The question is whether or not they will allow us to get to the finish line.
Speaker 2: Meaning the way in which they're trying to suppress the vote is real.
Speaker 4: And they are they they will do everything in the power from mailing voting to shutting down the Postal Service in order to be able to suppress the vote. Those are the things that we need to be focused on as part.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: And they're also I mean, there was just a story in The New York Times. DHS agents apparently are rummaging through state voter rolls trying to find candidates. These mythical, you know, illegal voters, undocumented voters out there. They try this every four years. They talk about voter fraud and they never prove it. It's just a kind of shit.
Speaker 2: Exactly.
Speaker 1: What do we do as a country, though, if they do try to steal it?
Speaker 3: If they do.
Speaker 1: I've been worried that Trump is just trying to cause so much chaos that it results in this giant 52 car pile up in the midterms. And they say, well, we can't really sort it out right away. So let's go to the Supreme Court and see if we can delay the seating of a new Congress until we sort this out. These are the scenarios that I worry about. What do we do as a country?
Speaker 3: Does it mean.
Speaker 1: People have to take to the streets and surround the White House?
Speaker 3: I mean, what do you think?
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's what I think.
Speaker 4: I mean, look, make no mistake, this is what they're planning. Whether they can pull it off or not, I don't know. But that is what they're planning. This is what they're going to do. And it will take mass civil disobedience in order for us to be able to reverse this. I keep saying to people, this is not about saving our democracy. This is about getting it back.
Speaker 2: They have already blown through the rule of law in so many ways.
Speaker 4: They have already done things to make it clear that they do not believe in free and fair elections. Every single thing they say about these elections is a complete lie, verifiable by just just checking your facts, people. And so what we know is this. They're going to try to steal it and like everything with them. Everything is projection or confessions. They claimed that election was stolen so they could create enough chaos to be able to try to change the rules in their favor. That's what all of this is about. That's what every single piece of this about.
Speaker 1: And so I yeah, maybe it'll take a general strike. Maybe people should, you know, in blue states just not go to work and just say, listen, if you.
Speaker 4: By the way, I've been thinking that we should have done that a long time ago. I mean, I even think about this in the context of what he's doing to Canada and our relationship to Canada. And I watch what Doug Ford is doing out in what he's in Ontario province.
Speaker 3: Right.
Speaker 2: Or I forget.
Speaker 4: And he he has been much more strident even than the prime minister and saying, like, you know what? We're not going to do any more trade. We're going to we're going to target blue states. We are going to cancel the Starlink contract. We are, you know, 10 billion dollars worth of contracts with the Canadian government are going to be canceled. I people have to respond in kind. We as Democrats have to respond in time. So a general strike, 100 percent. Civil disobedience, 100 percent. Mass mobilization, 100 percent.
Speaker 2: All of those things.
Speaker 1: And it's enough with us being destabilized and being the victims of the chaos.
Speaker 3: Why not, you know, put some heat on them?
Speaker 1: That's to me that that's that sounds like what you got to do to get their attention, to get his attention, to.
Speaker 2: Wake him up. Couldn't agree more. And by the way, here's another thing. You know, people are talking that way and are like J.B. Pritzker in Illinois.
Speaker 4: That's true. Governor Newsom, Wes Moore. We got some really, really good people. I think that, you know, unfortunately, I say in every interview is people ask me about Democratic Party.
Speaker 2: I say the Will Rogers line. I'm not a member of any organized party. I'm a Democrat. And but but this is not it. By the way, here's the other thing. this isn't about Democrats. This isn't about Republicans. This is about, this is about the country. It's about saving the country.
Speaker 4: And just everybody, people remember this wake up, wake up to the fact that Donald Trump has a 31% favorability rating is that the, the number of people that still consider themselves MAGA is less than the actual, in terms of population, probably less than 10 to 15% of this country. And so, All of us, all of us have to find common ground, which is one of the reasons why I'm willing to go talk to people like Tucker Carlson or Candace Owen. Because at least in one thing they've found is that they have woke up to the fact that Donald Trump is a complete and utter fraud and charlatan and is ruining the country.
Speaker 1: I'm glad you mentioned that because I noticed you did these interviews. And I understand the philosophy behind it, sort of like Pete Buttigieg going on Fox and that sort of thing, which I always think that's great. Do you get the sense, though, when they tell you, I've had it, that's it, I'm done with Trump, that they're just reading their audience and they're just, again, being charlatans and putting their finger in the wind?
Speaker 3: Or do you think it's genuine?
Speaker 1: I think in the part of Tucker.
Speaker 2: And Candace, it's genuine. Interesting.
Speaker 3: And because Tucker's really full of shit. I know. I'll just say that, you know, he has been.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Well, I hope so because some of the things that he said about me in the past, I know exactly.
Speaker 4: I mean, he was, I got a lot of heat from, from people that I really respect and that I, um, I love that when I did that and, and they said to me at the time, uh, right after, and I mean, it may have cost him a friendship in one instance is that Hunter, what they, these people did to me, is unforgivable. And this is somebody that they actually did ruin their life. And I can't believe that you would go and, quote unquote, kind of bury the hatchet or try to do a kumbaya. And number one, in each instance, it's nothing about kumbaya for me. I think that everyone should be held accountable. But the idea that I don't have standing, so to speak, in terms of somebody that has been completely dehumanized, defamed, and had their lives not turned inside out, upside down, and had the shit beat out of me for seven years by those people. So I feel if anybody has the right to go and make their own decision about who they talk to, it would be me.
Speaker 2: And I know this.
Speaker 4: This is just my strategy. My strategy is that we have to do first things first. First thing first is getting rid of Donald Trump. And I will go anywhere in which I can find common ground and people that are in agreement with me that Donald Trump is a cancer on the soul of this country. And so that's that's my strategy. I may be wrong, but but that's.
Speaker 3: No, I think it's good.
Speaker 1: I think it's good to try to penetrate these bubbles that people are in. And sometimes you have to do it. You have to go into the lion's den. I totally agree with you. And Hunter, tell us a little bit about your Substack and what you're doing these days, because it really is, I think, a valuable resource for people who have dealt with addiction, people who have tried to get their life together in the way that you have.
Speaker 3: And it's a process.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: So, you know, I love Substack because it's because the whole model of it and you get to write in long form and you get to actually really flesh out some of the ideas that you've had. And I wrote two books in rough draft. And so what I do with my subscribers is I'm releasing the book kind of episodically, the first one. And the second book that I wrote is kind of not from the internal perspective, but from an external perspective. The operation that was run against me by people like Rudy Giuliani and and Steve Bannon and many others. And so, but also to, you know, you don't have to be a paid subscriber to go read my sub stack in which I write essays about the things.
Speaker 2: And what I try to do is I try to.
Speaker 4: Relate my own experience in recovery to what the country's going through. And so I write on there and I write a lot about, you know, addiction and a lot of other things in my art.
Speaker 2: And it's really cool, but go subscribe. You can subscribe for free.
Speaker 4: You don't have to, you know, do the paid, to do the paid one now if you want to do the paid one jim i'm okay.
Speaker 3: That's okay i'll become one i'll do it.
Speaker 4: Yeah yeah um but it's um it's pretty cool and um and uh and i'm actually having a lot of fun with that it um it is fun i i i i'm i have uh i fancy myself to be a writer since i was a kid and um i'm maybe maybe not that great at it but it uh it's uh along with my art this keeps me sane.
Speaker 1: I mean, that's all you can do is, is try to pour your heart into stuff. I mean, that's, that's what life is all about. But, and I think a lot of people respect what you've been doing lately, Hunter. They, they really liked the fact that you're trying to take ownership of your life and people say the narrative, it's kind of like a jargony word, but you've taken control of your story, who you are.
Speaker 3: And I think that's fantastic. And I really think it is.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Well, I, I got, I got some more tricks up my sleeve too.
Speaker 1: So you got some other stuff coming and should we, I got.
Speaker 2: Some other tricks coming up my sleeve and it'll be fun. It'll be fun.
Speaker 3: All right. There's a tease there. Very good.
Speaker 2: All right. We'll get you back.
Speaker 1: Maybe we can talk about it when it comes out, but Hunter, thanks a lot.
Speaker 3: Really appreciate it. Good to see you.
Speaker 2: Always good to see you, Jim. Thanks for having me on. See you.
Speaker 3: Take care.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that was Hunter Biden there. Terrific interview with Hunter Biden on the state of our democracy. And I thought, you know, his words there towards the end of the end of the interview when he said it might take people taking to the streets after these midterms happen. If Donald Trump tries to steal these elections coming up this fall, that it might take something like that in this country to stay on this front of our democracy and the state of it and how fragile it is right now. Let's bring in Ruth Ben-Ghiat. She is the author of the wonderful Lucid Substack. Always a must read. Ruth, always great to see you. Thanks for coming back.
Speaker 6: It's so nice to be speaking with you.
Speaker 2: Yes.
Speaker 3: And we've got a lot of ground to cover, too.
Speaker 1: One of the things that we should get into is, I mean, just today, a federal judge was looking at, you know, what this latest thing from the Trump administration, the way they're trying to rig the midterms. He wants to restrict mail-in ballots ahead of the November elections. And this federal judge sounded very dubious about the whole thing, saying it could cause major disenfranchisement. There was a hearing on this today. She raised a lot of questions. We don't have a ruling on this just yet, but she may act fairly quickly on this. What do you make of this, Ruth, what Trump has been trying to do with mail-in balloting on the eve of a midterm election cycle?
Speaker 3: It's extraordinary.
Speaker 7: It's extraordinary, but it's completely in keeping with– what a desperate person does. Somebody who knows that he has led the GOP, they have led themselves into situation where they're going to do very badly. And so what autocrats have always done, if they keep elections going, as happens in the 21st century, is so you try and rig the system and you use intimidation to get people not to feel unsafe coming out to vote. You strip people from the rolls. Orban in Hungary used gerrymandering as well. So he was defeated and he conceded. But these are old tricks that desperate people do to keep themselves in power when they know that the way they've been acting has caused mass discontent. And so if they were to let a free and fair election proceed, they would lose.
Speaker 5: Right.
Speaker 1: And that's what he's up against right now. That's what has the Republican Party freaked out right now. Many of them are reluctant to go to his Trumpapalooza convention that they want to have next week in Dallas. I guess MSNOW and some other folks have been interviewing Republican lawmakers, and they're acting as though this is like going to one.
Speaker 3: Of RFK Jr. 's measles sites.
Speaker 1: They don't want to go anywhere near that convention. And I know you wrote recently, in your lucid sub stack, we should also mention your amazing book, strong men, but in your lucid sub stack, um, about how Trump has kind of broken the Republican party. I mean, he has really devastated the Republican party right now and they're paying for it dearly.
Speaker 6: They're paying for it.
Speaker 7: And there's also, um, so he's broken the party and, you know, as a reminder, and I need to remind everybody that we have only two major parties.
Speaker 6: So, um, in other countries that have multi-party.
Speaker 7: Systems, if a leader kind of corrupts and starts to, you know, engineers the decline of a main party, the defectors who want to save their skins have somewhere else to go. They can go to other parties. But here, there's nowhere else for people to go. Now, maybe Tucker Carlson will run for president one day. Who knows what could happen? But The other thing I wanted to say is really interesting. We're living through this global renaissance of resistance in the world.
Speaker 6: And there's a.
Speaker 7: Whole subcategory of Gen Z protests and resistances. And we are rapidly approaching having the three main conditions that around the world are sparking resistance. One is economic hardship. Two is when people see blatant corruption happening. by not just the leader and his family, but, you know, entrenched elites, so blatant corruption. And third is when the government is both brutal, but also, and this is really important, uncaring. So if there's a natural disaster, the government doesn't care. They're too busy, you know, taking care of themselves. And so this mix of economic hardship, blatant corruption, and a government that either is, you know, going after you with violence or doesn't care about you, it's usually both.
Speaker 6: So we have all this.
Speaker 7: And the GOP and Trump, they know they're in a very precarious situation and certainly explains the way that Trump is acting also with his ballroom and his bunker. All the things that are happening can be filed under desperation because of the way they've behaved.
Speaker 3: Right.
Speaker 1: They wouldn't be trying to rig the midterms if they thought they were going to do really well. And on the corruption thing, you're absolutely right. I mean, a couple of things you mentioned there. I do want to get into the ballroom and the vanity projects. I've been calling them insanity projects. But on the corruption, I just saw this poll from Gallup, and I think we can put this up on screen that talks about how people feel about corruption these days.
Speaker 3: This is according to Gallup.
Speaker 1: A record 89% in the United States say government corruption is widespread. Substantial majorities, Republicans, Democrats, and independents agree. I suspect, Ruth, if this poll were taken back when Joe Biden was president.
Speaker 3: Barack Obama, the number would not be that high.
Speaker 1: This is a reaction to what has been a corruption bonanza under Donald Trump in this second administration. I don't think we've ever seen anything like this in America before. Maybe even in, like, I don't know, North America or the Western Hemisphere. I mean, among Western democracies where a president of the United States or president of a country has enriched himself to this degree. I mean, you really have to look for other examples besides Donald Trump.
Speaker 7: Yeah, the parallels are from autocracies. And it's really a totally different mentality. And I actually added a corruption chapter to strongmen because, and Trump is in it, because he was starting all of these things. And the whole purpose of why autocrats are in office is completely different than Democrats with a small d. And one of the main reasons they want to get to office is to make money. So you make private income off of public office. And it's not just you, it's also your family. It's your clan. And that's why like sons-in-law often are there to make dirty deals and they're given special tasks. And then it becomes like what eventually is called a mafia state where you have the families and clans of the officials like Howard Lutnick. So this is starting and they make money. And so, you know, when it's very well developed, like in Putin's or in Erdogan, you know, established autocracies, corruption is actually the way, it's like the fuel that lubricates the system. And so we're starting this, and it's actually, like everything else that's happened here, it's happened at top speed. And last thing I'll say is it's not just about making money. It's also about rolling back any kind of oversight, right? So the Biden administration had passed a lot of laws, including the corporate transparent act that marco rubio was so proud of um to make sure that bagged out bad actors couldn't be anonymous if they formed shell companies well that's all been repealed and so they've been rolling back stuff that prevents um corruption, including from foreign sources, Russian sources, etc. And they've been having a free-for-all, and now we have crypto and other ways of making money that have no regulation. So it is unprecedented in American history, and I would say in the history of democracies.
Speaker 3: It really is. It's incredible.
Speaker 1: And getting back to the not vanity, but insanity projects, I guess Doug Burgum, the Interior Secretary, he just tweeted this a short while ago. Apparently, they're going to try to get started.
Speaker 3: On this arch.
Speaker 1: He says, we are pleased to announce that after a very long wait, we are preparing to start over the next two-week period the excavation work necessary for the Great Triumphal Arch and Military Observation Deck at Memorial Circle on Columbia Island between the Lincoln Memorial and so on. And for folks who may not understand the geography of this, if you look through the arch there, you're looking at Arlington National Cemetery. And a lot of veterans are upset about this because this is going to spoil the view of Arlington National Cemetery as you're coming across the Memorial Bridge from the Lincoln Memorial. And they call it the Great Triumphal Arch. But, Ruth, I mean, this is code for the Great Trump Arch. I mean, this is obviously a monument to himself, just like the White House ballroom is. And it is also another telltale sign of autocrats and wannabe autocrats.
Speaker 6: It's interesting. I didn't know it was supposed to.
Speaker 7: I saw there that for the first time it's a military observation deck.
Speaker 3: I saw that.
Speaker 7: And that is significant because there will also likely be military posted there at a nice height to observe and do whatever they need to do if there's unrest. So the way I've been seeing this ballroom slash bunker for a long time is through the lens of autocrat psychology. So the ballroom was never the main point. It was always what was beneath it. But the ballroom is his ego. And it's the way he has a mechanism to have parties so that donors can give him money and get their wishes, right?
Speaker 2: All of that.
Speaker 6: That's a form of corruption, right? You pay to play. So the ballroom is about that. So it's his ego.
Speaker 7: But the bunker has always been about his deepest fears. And in fact, the Washington Post did like a data-driven investigation over a few months of what Trump talks about the most.
Speaker 6: And guess what?
Speaker 7: It's his ballroom slash bunker because it's his fears. And the way he talks about it is super interesting. He talks about it having anti-sniper capabilities, He talks about being in a hospital. And now we hear it's going to have a data center. It's going to be like a little world unto itself in which he feels safe.
Speaker 1: And a drone port on top.
Speaker 3: He's talked about this.
Speaker 6: A drone port.
Speaker 2: Exactly.
Speaker 6: So this is all to protect him.
Speaker 7: So he has a place to go because that's what he most cares about. And it's really incredible, Jim, because in Strongman, my book, I have an endings chapter. And all of them, have these palaces and with bunkers underneath and they retreat there when they feel threatened or they retreat into their palaces and they're arming themselves like Lukashenko during the protest, you know, peaceful, peaceful protesters were marching toward the palace and he, you know, gotten a helicopter on the grounds of his palace and he had like a, a assault rifle in hand and he goes up to look at them. These people are, living in fear. And so Trump, again, this is the desperation. He's totally focused on having somewhere to hide where he will be protected.
Speaker 3: No, that makes perfect sense.
Speaker 1: And I tell people all the time, I mean, it was a miracle that he left office willingly the last time around. I mean, he was just about dragged out kicking and screaming. They had to set up a whole departure ceremony for him. I was at that departure ceremony at Joint Base Andrews because he was such a crybaby that he would not go to the inauguration of Joe Biden like Jimmy Carter did with Ronald Reagan and George H.W. Bush did with Bill Clinton. And that I mean, that is an extraordinary thing that people need to keep in mind. And I totally agree with you. This bunker thing, this bunker mentality that he may he may find himself in, especially if there's a massive shellacking in the midterms. He's a lame duck. There's gridlock in Washington. He can't get anything done. And then he and Stephen Miller and those types get more and more desperate.
Speaker 3: And there's no.
Speaker 1: Guarantee that he leaves willingly the next time. I remember last time Nancy Pelosi was talking about, well, we might have to run the White House out of another building if he doesn't want to leave. I think those are real scenarios that we need to grapple with.
Speaker 7: Oh, yeah, because, you know, many people, not us, have amnesia about January 6th.
Speaker 3: Yes.
Speaker 6: And they've rewritten that history.
Speaker 7: But this was a direct, you know, a direct flow out of him trying not to leave and trying to overturn the election. And I agree with you, you know, not showing up to Biden's inauguration, actually, from a propaganda standpoint, was very smart of him because he actually pulled off this very unusual feat where he kept his personality cult going and while he was out of office for four years. And he kept indoctrinating people so they actually thought that he was the rightful president and that Biden was illegitimate, an imposter. And so he's played this all so that he keeps his legitimacy.
Speaker 6: The problem is now he's losing his legitimacy.
Speaker 7: That's how in political science they often talk about When autocrats start to go down and you can have elite defections of people from the party and stuff, when they lose their legitimacy because they're having economic difficulty, they're being too corrupt or too openly corrupt. Like Trump, he doesn't care.
Speaker 6: If people know.
Speaker 3: He doesn't care now.
Speaker 6: He's boasting about it. And that's why you have that high polling rate.
Speaker 7: Where, you know, people are like, hey, he's not supposed, even his backers are like, he's not supposed to boast about it.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: You know, it makes me wonder what would happen if he just flat out refuses to leave the next time. You know, I mean, and I really think he could try to game out a scenario where he runs for a third term. I mean, I know he's, I mean, I saw the video of him last night.
Speaker 3: He looked really sweaty. He does not look good. He does not look like he's in good health.
Speaker 1: But that doesn't mean he doesn't try to just cobble something together and try to just run again and not leave. What do we do as a country, Ruth?
Speaker 7: I'm not sure what would happen, but it's entirely consistent with autocratic psychology that they never back down. I wrote a New York Times op-ed. It came out February 1st, and it was about what I call autocratic backfire. Because when they make mistakes... they don't course correct like other types of politicians. They double down. They never admit mistakes. And so he is never going to do what Orban did. And it was a miracle that Orban conceded. And he conceded within two hours. He didn't have to concede within two hours, but he did. But Trump's not going to do that. There's too much at stake. And he's been through too many, you know, impeachment processes, and he's terrified of being held accountable. Um, and so we, we should be prepared, uh, for him to try and run again. That's why Steve Bannon and so many people are putting it as their role to put out these extreme ideas that he's the exception.
Speaker 6: He doesn't have to obey the rules.
Speaker 7: Um, And we should all also be prepared that if he lost, he wouldn't leave because that would be consistent with the behavior of many autocrats.
Speaker 3: Right.
Speaker 1: And getting to the here and now, the upcoming midterms, I mean, I really think that he is, you know, going after mail-in ballots, the possibility of ICE. going to the polls, maybe even the National Guard and so on in certain Republican states where you might have a MAGA governor who says, OK, sure, send the National Guard out. I think in Texas, they're talking about restricting the number of polls this next time around. And I mean, a lot of this could get tied up in court. And I just wonder if part of his thinking, part of what they're gaming out is sort of what they did after the 2020 election, where they tried to throw everything into so much chaos, get it so tangled up in the courts that it made it. sort of uncertain as to what was actually the result of the election when, of course, Joe Biden.
Speaker 3: Won the election.
Speaker 1: And maybe they're trying to do that in advance of the midterms this time around, throw so much chaos at the courts, get things tangled up in knots. This race over here, we can't really concede that race. That Senate seat over there, we can't concede that. And they try to delay the seating of a new Congress. They try to take it to the Supreme Court and just cause this 52-car pileup in our democracy. I don't think that's a No.
Speaker 7: Because what autocrats do is that they interfere with the entire chain of election. So they make it more intimidating and difficult to vote in the first place. Also, they've already delegitimized.
Speaker 6: Elections in the minds of many people. Oh, it's all corrupt. I'm not going to vote. So they've done that.
Speaker 7: Then they try and threaten people. During the Biden years, I followed all these Republican state proposals for what they wanted to do with poll watchers.
Speaker 3: Right.
Speaker 6: Some of them were insane.
Speaker 7: There was one that didn't pass in Texas where an armed poll watcher was going to be able to come in somebody's car if you were disabled or you were going to vote.
Speaker 6: I kid you not.
Speaker 3: Unbelievable.
Speaker 6: Stuff like that.
Speaker 7: So we have to, you know, all these things. So those are all the tricks before the voting, during the voting. And then there's calling fraud, losing, between air quotes, ballots. There's the, remember, never rule out the Chinese, you know, the Chinese narrative that there's like, you know, so.
Speaker 6: There's that stuff.
Speaker 7: And then what autocrats do is they refuse to seat the victors from the opposition. Or if you're further down the autocrat road, you actually remove people who are already elected. Erdogan does that all the time. He just removes people. He removes Kurdish politicians, he strips them of their seats. And Bukele has been.
Speaker 6: Doing that too. So the whole chain of voting.
Speaker 7: is tampered with when you have a government in which corruption is institutionalized. Because election denial, I actually see it as a form of corruption. It's really important to know this when you see politicians who are still saying that Trump won the 2020 election. The reason I call it corruption is that it means that people have colluded and decided together, in this case as a whole party, to tell a lie to the American people. It's a form of collusion. It's a form of deception and they're lying to the American people. And that's become the party line. In fact, you can't, you can't even get a government job now if you don't answer the question properly.
Speaker 5: Right.
Speaker 6: We've had all that too.
Speaker 3: Even judicial nominees.
Speaker 1: I mean, that's right.
Speaker 2: People.
Speaker 1: And I mean, not just like, you know, somebody who's going to be in charge of the fish and wildlife service, no big deal. But I mean, like, judicial nominees, cabinet secretaries. It's terrifying stuff. And when I was talking to Hunter Biden about this and hearing your comments earlier about resistance and how we have all the elements falling into place for a resistance movement in this country, which by the way, is not a dirty word. I wonder if it will take, if he does try to steal the midterms and they do try to deny the vote, deny the will of the American people, will it take people taking to the streets. And I don't mean like rioting or what they did on January 6th. I'm talking about what they've done in places like Hungary and other places where people seeking freedom just mobilize, take to the streets peacefully, respectfully, and say, we're not leaving. Or they just don't go to work in blue states and just have a general strike. And I just wonder if it's going to take something like that in this country to get the message across. You're not going to tear this country apart. You're just not going to do it.
Speaker 7: Yes, it could indeed take that. And certainly this might be an occasion. And it's very important that civil resistance remains nonviolent. There's a ton of studies that show why you need to remain nonviolent because you alienate allies. Also, there's the question of violence in itself, not good. So it's strategic, it's moral. And most of the resistance around the world that we hear about, including the big mobilizations before elections, like in Hungary and Poland, 2023, they are nonviolent. And they have been the biggest mass demonstrations that those countries have seen in decades.
Speaker 6: And so.
Speaker 7: We're a very decentralized, very large country. So we may not see one mobilization on the Capitol, but it's decentralized today, resistance, especially here. But we may see that and also forms of labor, work stoppages and strikes. Those are time-tested tools in the resistance kit to protest.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I think it's something that folks need to keep in mind and absolutely do it peacefully, respectfully. You know, we are all Americans, but if they're not going to respect the process, I think it could come to that. But Ruth, always great to catch up. We had such a wonderful conversation. We covered so much ground. Thank you so much for doing it. It's always a treat to have you on. And I know you're so busy, but thank you so much.
Speaker 6: Oh, it's a delight to talk to you, Jim.
Speaker 3: Good to be with you. All right.
Speaker 1: Check out Ruth's Substack Lucid, her book, Strong Men. which as she mentioned during the interview has been updated, of course, to include lots of stuff on Trump.
Speaker 3: Of course he would be in that book.
Speaker 1: But before we go, I do want to say just very quickly, you know, and I do think we need to start having this conversation as a people in this country.
Speaker 3: What are we going to do?
Speaker 1: First of all, what we're going to do is we're going to mobilize and organize and register and get ourselves in a position to where we are going to vote in mass in this country. And we're going to have a plan to vote. We're going to have a plan going into this.
Speaker 3: Fall to vote. If you typically vote with.
Speaker 1: A mail-in ballot and your state is run by a kooky governor who may work in cahoots with Donald Trump to stop that from taking place, you and your friends are going to have to come up with an alternative plan. You're going to have to find out when the early voting starts. You're going to have to make a decision as to whether you get out in the parking lot at six in the morning. And It just may be uncomfortable for the two weeks around the election where we're early voting in mass and we're voting in person in mass to make sure they cannot stop the vote. They cannot stop this democracy. They cannot stop accountability. They cannot stop the American people speaking with all of our voices that this nonsense is not going to stand. 89% of the American people believe that there is corruption on a widespread scale inside the U.S.
Speaker 3: Government.
Speaker 1: I mean, that poll number alone, I just want to show it again one more time.
Speaker 3: This is Gallup, folks.
Speaker 1: This is not some fly-by-night polling thing. Record high, 89% in the United States say government corruption is widespread. Substantial majorities of Republicans, Democrats, and independents agree. 89% of the American people They barely agree on anything. We 89% love Dolly Parton, and I think that's it. But we also believe that government corruption is widespread in the United States. Think about that. Absorb that information for a moment. That we now live in a corruption bonanza. We're swimming in an ocean of corruption, courtesy of Donald Trump. And I think that's going to drive a lot of people to the polls this fall. I think it's part of the reason why Jared Kushner reached out to Hakeem Jeffries. I think we're going to see more of these kinds of episodes between now and then because the Republicans know what's coming. They know that Hakeem Jeffries is likely going to be the Speaker of the House come next year. And they know that there are going to be investigations. And that is why the Republicans, you're not going to see any endangered Republicans at this Trumpapalooza down in Texas next week. They're going to stay away from that like it's one of R.K.
Speaker 7: Jr.
Speaker 1: 's measles outbreaks. That's how they're going to avoid that. They're going to avoid that like the plague. And so they know what's coming. That is why it is so vitally important that you just reassure yourself. And I've talked about this on the show. I'm going to talk about it again. You can reassure yourself that we can outlast this, that we can outlast this moment, that this moment will pass. But it's going to pass if all of us do our job and vote and make it stick. And make it stick. Make sure that the people in power understand. Mike Johnson, you are not going to steal this election. John Thune, you are not going to steal this election. Donald Trump, J.D. Vance, you are not going to steal this election. Elon Musk, Peter Thiel, you are not going to steal this election. It's not happening. You're going to try. We know you're going to try. You're going to keep screwing with the mail-in ballots. And Donald Trump's going to keep hyperventilating, getting all sweaty. And with that, whatever that shit is he puts on his face, he's going to get real sweaty between now and November. He's going to be sweating. He's going to be sweating big time. But we're going to make him sweat. Remember the old commercial? Never let him see you sweat. If he had nothing to worry about, he wouldn't be so sweaty. He wouldn't be so sleepy during the middle of the day. He can't sleep at night. He can't sleep.
Speaker 3: Can't sleep. That's why he's.
Speaker 1: Napping in the Oval Office on a regular basis because he can't sleep. at night because he knows what's coming. Accountability is coming. Democracy is coming. The voters are coming. The ballots are coming.
Speaker 3: The truth is coming. And they can't handle it. They cannot handle it.
Speaker 1: And if it means taking it to the streets peacefully, nonviolently, not like the criminals and thugs on January 6th, but real American resistance, then that's what's going to take place.
Speaker 3: Because you're not going to avoid what's coming. Accountability. Accountability is coming.
Speaker 1: I want to thank Hunter Biden for coming on the show today. Ruth Van Giet, terrific show today. Everybody, make sure you subscribe to our new daily newsletter. You can become a paid subscriber on Substack and YouTube. Yes, on YouTube, you can read a newsletter on YouTube. If you become a paid subscriber, you get access to those posts. Make sure you sign up for the Jim Acosta Morning Memo. And anytime you become a subscriber, you support, you like, you share, you're supporting independent media. Remember, look what they're doing. Look at all the monkey business over at CBS and 60 Minutes. Look at all that crazy, crazy shit. And those people want to take over CNN. Look what's happening to the media in this country. Support independent media. It matters every time. You support this program, other programs like this. It makes it makes very certain that we can keep these kinds of stories and interviews coming to you each and every day. But in the meantime, still reporting from Washington, I'm Jim McCostell.
Speaker 3: See you next time.