Speaker 1: A young man that really impressed in his first outing this spring. If you're from southern California or the South Bay you know all about him. He's a legend in palace vertice, and his dunking ability is even greater. That is the one and only Nick Frosso. Nick, thanks a lot for the time.
Speaker 2: Yeah, thank you, thanks for having me.
Speaker 1: I got a text immediately when you came into the game from the Papadakas family that coached you up in little league basketball. What's it like to have a community that's so proud of you?
Speaker 2: It's awesome obviously, like being from LA Area and playing on this team, Like everyone from hometown is a fan, so a lot of support getting out there on Saturday, and yeah, it felt good for sure.
Speaker 1: You've obviously gone through your adversity right with the labrums and your hip and your shoulder. What's it like to come to big league camp and be a normal pitcher.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean, it's just amazing just to be healthy again. I'm just super grateful that everyone here just got me back to where I was and I'm just happy to be pitching again.
Speaker 1: Do you feel like the opportunit tunity to make your major league debut is getting closer.
Speaker 2: Yeah, of course, like every day it gets at gets a little closer. But still gotta take care of business here and just stay consistent and yeah, hopefully when they'll get up.
Speaker 1: There, if they need you to be a relief pitcher, right, this rotation's pretty stacked to break in if you're most needed in the bullpen. Do you feel like you have that type of mentality to be able to do that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'll do I'll do whatever. I mean I did. I probably threw more out of the bullpen in college anyway, So I did a little bit of both, kind of fifty to fifty and yeah, I'm happy to do whatever. Lmu, Lion go Lions baby. Yes, sir.
Speaker 1: When you were growing up in Palace Verdues, were you a Dodger fan growing up?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Who was your favorite picture?
Speaker 2: Probably twenty two over there growing up. I mean, there's a bunch of guys I was very young. Obviously I love Ganya because he threw gas and like, I mean, yeah, it's cool for sure.
Speaker 1: That was an incredible time record setting time eighty one consecutive sabs for Eric Gania game over from So that's insane.
Speaker 2: Eighty one. I don't think I knew that stuff. That's absurd. Yeah, nasty.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and Kershaw was here for the first couple of days of camp, but he'll be back. Just for that period of time that he was here, did you just stare at him from across the locker room like a creeper?
Speaker 2: Exactly, That's exactly what I was doing, Just kept my eyes on him. Nah g Yeah, great guy said Hi, hopefully he's back soon. Converse a little more.
Speaker 1: But yeah, Nick Frosso is our guest. I just love the energy on this end of the clubhouse. I was telling Alex Freeland the other day, it seems like you guys really have a tight bond that you don't really see. It feels like when the time comes and you guys all get your opportunity at the major league level, the bond that you created in the minor leagues will carry forward.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Absolutely. I mean a lot of us have been playing together for a while now, been in a bunch of different clubhouses together from kind of throughout all the levels, so we've gotten to know each other pretty well. And yeah, it's definitely a fun group.
Speaker 1: Who was your best friend on this on this locker wall?
Speaker 2: Man, I don't know. I don't know if I got one. I mean, these are all great guys, they're all super fun and funny.
Speaker 1: So do you stick with pictures?
Speaker 2: No? No, I mean not really. I mean at the field, probably because I'm doing stuff with them all day. I work on on the same program, but outside the field. Whatever, anyone, Yeah, all right, close, Yeah.
Speaker 1: All right, Nick Frosso, thanks a lot for the time. Great to meet you in person. We'll see you at the beach, right, yes, sir, let's go after Dodger Stadium.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, have a beat. Let's go