Speaker 1: Sports page with The Orlando Sentinel at FM ninety six nine. The Games Mike the Bulldog Beyond you on JR. R.
Speaker 2: Bulldog Sports Page, brought you by Rock the Bank. Thirteen more chances to win one thousand dollars today, beginning with us during our show right around nine oh five. You get the first keyword to enter at WJRR dot com. Is the Bulldog pressing the panic button? Yet this morning?
Speaker 3: Hey, they won two games in their crib, did the maple leaves? That's okay, that's okay. They won two up there. They won last night four to three. We're still in it, though we've lost two one goal games. We're coming back to South Florida. We'll win our two here and then it'll be a series.
Speaker 1: Okay. So no, I'm not panicking at all, are you? I really?
Speaker 2: Other than the Florida rule game Florida rule being in effect, no, I have no reason to panic.
Speaker 1: Okay, so we'll see what happened.
Speaker 2: I'm just rooting for the Panthers by default from the into house rules here.
Speaker 1: And yeah, I mean, if they lose one more, I will rename them the Florida Panickers.
Speaker 3: And I've told you, guys, even if the Maple maple Leaves win this series. You know, I'm sort of I'm sort of rooting for Canada don't to win a Stanley Cup as well, because it's been a long time since they, you know, won a Stanley Cup in their favorite sport, thirty two years I think it's been So if the Maple Leagues ended up winning a Stanley Cup where Canadian tim wins the Stanley Cup, I'm not gonna be that upset.
Speaker 1: Al right.
Speaker 2: Well, the American Dallas Stars topped another one of the Canadian teams left in at Winnipeg, Winnipeg last night in Game one, three to two is the final?
Speaker 1: There you go, all right?
Speaker 3: What about the New York Knickerbockers. Huh yeah, taking a two to lead on the Celtics.
Speaker 1: They win ninety one to ninety last night.
Speaker 3: Macal Bridges, Wow, he had a big steal at the end of Game one. Then he had a huge steal on Jason Tatum last night to seal the victory for the Knicks. And yeah, yeah, they're up two to zero. Now, I told you guys this the other day. I'm giving the Magic a little bit of an assist here. The Celtics went more than eight minutes without a field goal in the fourth quarter. They only shot ten of forty from three point range last night fifteen of sixty from three point ranging. Game won the Celtics, of course, the most prolific three point shooting team in the NBA. I think the Magic provided a blueprint. Even though the Celtics beat the Magic in five, the Celtics did not shoot well from three point range against the Magic. I think the Magic had provided the Knicks in the entire NBA blueprint on how to defend the Celtics lethal three point shooting game.
Speaker 1: Can you when you have the best defense in the NBA?
Speaker 3: Didn't we? Where were we in the definitely the second second behind Oklahoma City?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Speaking of Oklahoma City. And do you know what they provided last night was a steamroller?
Speaker 1: Yeah? How did that taste? God?
Speaker 3: That day's Denver. Yeah, back to live, back to reality for the Nuggets. They obviously beat Oklahoma City on Aaron Gordon's game winning buzzer beater in Game one. Well, Oklahoma City, so there ain't gonna be no buzzer beaters. Last night they beat the Nuggets by forty three, one forty nine to one oh six. Oh my god, was it embarrassing. Oklahoma City said an NBA record. They had eighty seven points in the first half. Eighty seven points. Shay Gilgess. Alexander was incredible last night. He's probably gonna win the MVP eleven to thirteen. Had thirty four points, made all eleven of his free throws. I don't think we're gonna get any complaints today like we did the other day from the disgruntled Magic fans complaining that the Magic traded Aaron four years ago. He was three of twelve last night, ten points. So okay, there you have it. NFL News Gabe Davis ucfs own from Seminole High School right there, and Sanford gets cut by the Jaguars yesterday. He signed last year forty thirty nine million dollar contract, twenty four million guaranteed, and now he's a free agent.
Speaker 1: Do you take that payday.
Speaker 3: So that he should have taken a little bit of a pay cut and stayed in Buffalo where he was relevant with Josh Allen throwing him the ball.
Speaker 1: Yeah, good point. How long was his contract for that that he had cut last year?
Speaker 3: Well, you know NFL contracts there, I think it was a three It was a three year contract. But you know, you get your guaranteed money and then the team can do do with you.
Speaker 1: But he's getting the twenty four mil. Yeah, guaranteed. He got twenty four million gear and not just so off into the sunset. At this point, man, that's where you go away. You going by your crew, a few lambos, and then.
Speaker 3: It's not like the guys thirty eight years old.
Speaker 1: He's still in his It's my.
Speaker 2: Point, exactly. Go enjoy the rest of your life. Man, I think most of us can scoot buy in a cool twenty four mil Come on, man.
Speaker 3: Absolutely other big NFL news George Pickens. The Steelers are one of the Steelers' best receivers. He is the steelers best receiver. Traded to the Dallas Cowboys yesterday, So the Cowboys may make a move. I don't know if for whatever reason, I just don't trust George Pickens. He's one of these diva receivers. So we'll see what happens when he's playing with Ceede lamb with Dallas. But yeah, I wonder if there's gonna be enough balls for George Pickens to stay happy.
Speaker 2: Hey, what do you think of the announced name for the Utah Hockey Club. They've now the mammoth, the mammoth taco. Yeah you want.
Speaker 3: I like it because evidently, back in the day, ten thousand years ago, a bunch of wooly mammos used to roam what is an out of the state of Utah. So they yeah, they went back in history and got something relevant.
Speaker 1: To their I like that.
Speaker 3: I was pretty I like when a franchise names a team after, you know, some sort of historical fact or some something unique to the region. That's much better than like the you know, the generic Lions, Tigers, Bears. Give me the mammoth.
Speaker 1: I like it.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I bet you one hundred years from now and there's you know, sports still going on. If we haven't blown the world up by then, that we're gonna have the Uh what are those snakes? Is not anacondas? What are the ones that have taken over the pythons? Yeah, it's gonna be the it's gonna be the Florida pythons. By the way, it's not clicking. It's not happening.
Speaker 3: I wish they would have called them the wooly mammoths. Wouldn't that have been better?
Speaker 1: Okay, let's not push it here. Bulldog what he.
Speaker 4: Is, Mike, but they were. They were wooly elephants, wooly mammoths. Mike the Bulldog, be like you. Host of opened Mic on a nine game weekday Mornings on A. Jason Dussan, thank you for taking time out of your show as always to join us here for the sports page on JR R.
Speaker 1: Doggie.
Speaker 3: Happy birthday to the Great President Harry S. Truban and also to the Great Tony.
Speaker 1: To Neil Usenago on demand to download the iHeartRadio app