Speaker 1: Make us the number one preset on your car radio and on the free new and improved iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 2: Listen for all your music, radio and podcast free never sounded so good. One three one Austin dot com.
Speaker 3: You're listening to the JB and Sandy Show on Austin's eighty station. What oh three point one? All right, hope you guys had a good weekend. Thanks for being with us. It's the JMI and Sandy Show. I'm Sandy and this is JB. Hello, Chris's here, Hi everybody, and can we settle something from last week? I think JB and I were both kind of and Jammy and I were on one side. Tricia was on another about a catfish place on Sixth Street.
Speaker 4: Remember, oh yeah, we parlor.
Speaker 2: We couldn't I couldn't it one catfish parlor. It was called something else. We couldn't record.
Speaker 4: None of us could remember it.
Speaker 5: Well. Bob sent us a text message.
Speaker 3: It said, Tricia's right, just google catfish sixth Street, Austin, nineteen ninety five.
Speaker 4: Thank you, Bob.
Speaker 3: There was apparently a catfish place on sixth Street, which is thank you.
Speaker 5: Really really weird to think about it.
Speaker 3: By the way, you can text us anytime it's seven three, seven threes or A one ninety six hundred. I got another one here, and this is from David. David, he says, Wow, is this the JB? Excuse me, is this the JB Sandy Trisha phone line?
Speaker 5: Whatever.
Speaker 3: I've listened to you guys my entire adult life. And then he went on to ask if we were on B ninety three. No, we never were on B ninety three.
Speaker 2: Oh man, that B ninety three. I mean it goes back to when I was in high school. Yeah, we're too young. We're not that old, buddy, he said.
Speaker 5: I just.
Speaker 3: Have to say I somewhat recently found you guys on YouTube and have been bringing and been binging almost every episode.
Speaker 5: I love the balance with Tricia in the group.
Speaker 3: She was hitilarious talking about being on the jury selection when she answered the questions and then kept talking and then kept talking some more. But my name is David, live in the Leander Cedar Park area. We crossed paths uh with you at the football stadium when your daughter was playing the tube. It was one of those you don't know me, but I know you.
Speaker 2: That just sounds funny. Sorry, random in the tub.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Dave goes on to say, I love you guys and love your stories.
Speaker 5: Uh and by this is my favorite part. He says.
Speaker 3: Also, I have done a sock replacement every three to four years, thanks to you.
Speaker 1: Thanks to you, since you mentioned that back in the days. That's a good feeling I'm about to do.
Speaker 3: For a sock replacement, you just throw all your socks out and.
Speaker 4: Just to you just said that with your underwear, right I did.
Speaker 5: I'm plenty stock of underwear.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And it's easy for guys to women like I think you pointed Altricia, it's a bigger deal for when you cycle stuff in and out because it's so ridiculously over right. Anything good is like but for too much funny to do. Yeah, it's like pennies, come on, new socks and under air, come one.
Speaker 3: Treat yourself. Boys, get some good ones, you know. But girls, hell, how much did you say? Those thongs? Are those hanky.
Speaker 6: Panky My hanky panky panties could be like thirty five forty.
Speaker 4: Bucks a piece a piece?
Speaker 6: Yeah, bra, I would totally depend You can spend one hundred and fifty bucks on a bra, or you can get a pack of five for twenty bucks on Amazon.
Speaker 4: It just depends on what you're doing.
Speaker 5: What are you doing?
Speaker 4: Well?
Speaker 6: I have I just so weird you just say that because I have those like twenty bucks for a package ones that I sleep in.
Speaker 4: Oh, just got some new ones of those.
Speaker 6: They had some spring colors that I got into, even though nobody sees them but me.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Do you sometimes wish it was nineteen sixty nine and no one worried about under air? Right?
Speaker 4: Yeah, my gosh, or bras can I that'sk.
Speaker 3: A different right, speaking of that, you made me think of something JB. And this is gonna sound crude, but I'm curious what happened to the banana boobs.
Speaker 7: They went away, they got doctors to fix them. But you know what I'm talking about right this the shape of the like sixty shape. Did that just get Did we just breed that out?
Speaker 5: Is it gone?
Speaker 3: Dude?
Speaker 4: We breed it out?
Speaker 1: You know what I mean?
Speaker 2: It's It's funny you mentioned that because I was watching we were we've been rewatching mad Men, and I think it was it was more the underwear that shaped it that way.
Speaker 4: Well, yeah, Bross made him pointy. That was a big thing for pointy.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 6: But you're talking about no bra at all, just the natural genetic banana boot correct.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it just seems shocking to see when nowadays it really is.
Speaker 1: It's like you just they just disappeared. They've been phased out of you know, like you can just breed things out of things, and I guess that's just gone the way.
Speaker 2: We're all evolving, you know, I mean seriously, like humans are evolving. True, Like how tall tall we are? Yeah, compared to one hundred years ago.
Speaker 5: Right, right? It was funny.
Speaker 3: I was with the guy over the weekend and he is married to a Polynesian woman, and he was like, we're talking about He was in San Francisco and he goes, I'm walking down the street with two Polynesian guys.
Speaker 5: And he goes and they're not big Polynesian guys.
Speaker 3: Like, go, wait a minute, there's no such thing as a not big Polynesian guy, right, And he goes, well, by Polynesian standards, they weren't huge.
Speaker 5: And I thought it was funny, right, but we are, we're getting bigger.
Speaker 1: And look at athletes now, they're just like football for exact monsters. William the refrigerator Perry was three hundred and five pounds, and that was a big deal. That was in the eighties or early eighties, and it was freakish. All the college players are bigger than that now.
Speaker 5: It's crazy.
Speaker 3: In fact, I think a few years ago Westlake High School's offensive line was bigger than the University of Texas's offense.
Speaker 2: My gosh, I mean they put him on a special diet out there, and that's like, yeah, it's crazy.
Speaker 3: Trust's got the story we love in just a moment, if you're keeping track or you haven't stepped outside or anything. High today going to be eighty nine, cloudy sky. So we had our one hundred and five last week. We all survived and now we're back to just upper feats, which is fine, which is good.
Speaker 5: We can handle it. The stories we love.
Speaker 2: Good morning, all.
Speaker 6: Right, So we all have heard of the Savannah Savannah Bananas. Don't I have such a hard time saying that they are an exhibition baseball team. They're out of Savannah, Georgia. They play a different version of baseball that is more like a show.
Speaker 1: You're going to a show, I think Harlem Globetrotters of baseball, Yes, exactly, it's a two hour game.
Speaker 6: Ban participation is encouraged. So if somebody hits a ball and a fan catches it, considered it out right. There's a lot of showmanship, a lot of coordinated dancing when they're pitching. It's very, very fun. So let's get excited, you guys, because Texas is entering the Banana Ball Universe. Really, we are getting the Texas Tailgators. They are stepping in as the next league's newest team, the Banana Ball League's newest team.
Speaker 4: There's apparently twelve or thirteen teams.
Speaker 5: Where are they Where they gonna be?
Speaker 6: They're gonna be here in Austin. The Tailgators. They're taking the field. Yeah, they're actually.
Speaker 2: That's what field.
Speaker 4: I wonder where are they going to play?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 4: I don't know exactly. I'm sorry.
Speaker 6: They're only the fourth official baseball team in the Banana Universe.
Speaker 2: I thought, if you want to if you want to kill something, just just hosted at the Expo Center.
Speaker 4: Right and people will come running, I mean outside of the rodeo.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they've tried so many sporting events at the Expo Center and it just doesn't work outside of the road.
Speaker 3: And they've never learned their lesson with the ice Bats. No, yeah, far, so you've got me very confused. This is how putting in Austin. We don't know where they're playing. They're the fourth team.
Speaker 6: No, it's it's simply Texas is stepping up. We now were the fourth team. The other teams other than Savannah Bananas or the Party Animals, the Firefighters, and now the Texas Tailgators.
Speaker 4: They are going to be playing their first game.
Speaker 6: They're debuting on May twenty fourth in Albuquerque against the Party Animals, and then from there let's be traveling around doing all their funny stuff. They have a tour eight Frisco, San Antonio, round Rock, Houston. They're kind of playing all over.
Speaker 5: Okay.
Speaker 3: I saw you'll see clips of them on your Instagram feed. And the funniest one was they literally had a guy pitching on stilts. Wow, she was like ten feet up in the air and he was pitching and it was hysterical to watch. I mean, it's really entertaining. Stuffy from me.
Speaker 2: Now, this is super interesting because I've heard about the Savannah Bananas and I thought that that was just a minor league team part of the system, but they just embraced it by doing a lot of silly stuff.
Speaker 4: Yeah, this is a whole difference. It's a whole universe apparently.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: I love this because it's like.
Speaker 2: Growing up, you know, growing up in the seventies and my dad, you know, four young kids divorced, like that one thing he could take us to do was baseball. It was affordable. Yeah, and this sounds fun and affordable. Like you're looking for things to go do with your kids, right, and not go cruise the mall. You know, nothing wrong with them all, but you know, I mean, get outside and do cool stuff.
Speaker 7: And with this, you know it's going to be two hours, two hours, and I love baseball. Could be eight oh oh my god, I know it could be too long. And I love it that the crowd gets to participate. I like it that if somebody in the crowd catches the ball, that's an out.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: I love stuff like that.
Speaker 5: I got to tell you real quick.
Speaker 3: So a buddy Mine's daughter who's in her mid twenties, she and her girlfriends have taken to going to all now let's stay with me, all of the Round Rock Express games, all of the Texas Stars games at the AGB Center, and they're getting ready to go to FC games right, and they get tickets at the route at the Dell Diamond front row right behind the dugout, and they go to every game.
Speaker 1: Why do you think they're going? And these are good looking girls, right socialize, Yes, exactly.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 3: And what's even funnier about is what they call it. So the baseball that is called the boys Zoo. They call it the boy Zoo because they're all in the big you know, enclosure inside of the baseball field right the hockey is the boy aquarium. That's what they call And they had another funny name for Austin FC, and I can't remember what that is, but yeah, she said, oh yeah, it's great. We're starting to make friends with some of the players and all kind of stuff, like, girl, I know exactly what.
Speaker 4: You're doing, just trying to a rich guy.
Speaker 2: We were talking about the women that would get all you know, sexified and go to the golf term.
Speaker 4: Just talking about this reason. Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah. They're just putting it out there.
Speaker 5: Why not. I mean at least you're being proactive at.
Speaker 2: It, right, right, the different Yeah, as opposed to just going to bars, yeah, or just social.
Speaker 4: Media where you just text back and forth with some guy.
Speaker 6: That you don't even know if it's actually the same guy in the picture on his profile, like they're doing it in a person at least.
Speaker 2: You don't even know. If you could, you could be a woman behind home plate who goes viral.
Speaker 1: Yeah, hot behind home plate. It's happened like the girl the Masters. A couple of years ago, there was a really hot girl. She's a student at University Alabama or something, and she was seen in the background and went viral.
Speaker 4: Really it starts going who is exactly?
Speaker 5: So I did say to my butt his daughter, I go, do you have a little score? Are you keeping score at the game? She gues, no, what's that?
Speaker 4: You shouldn't even know how it works.
Speaker 5: And I'll have to show you how to keep score at the game. And she goes, well the boys like it. I go, I don't know. You could probably tell them, hey, you're oh for six and the last.
Speaker 4: Funny, Oh, guys, I'll totally think that's hot, exactly.
Speaker 1: So funny and round rockets press a good time, always good going to the ball game.
Speaker 5: Sovan, what's the name of this team?
Speaker 4: The Tailgaters, the Texas Tailgators.
Speaker 6: Yeah, and they have their first game on May twenty fourth and Albuquerque against the Party Animals.
Speaker 4: And when do they You said they're in Round Rocket. Do you have the date?
Speaker 6: Yeah, they could. They'll be in Round Rock at the Dell Diamonds September nineteenth and twentieth. They'll be down the road in San Antonio September twelfth and thirteenth.
Speaker 5: That's great.
Speaker 2: So they will be playing at the Dell diamond that's a good sign. Yeah, yes, that's where I was gone with that earlier. Yeah, because that's legit. They're gonna sell out too.
Speaker 4: We should go. Should that be great?
Speaker 5: It'd be a lot of fun.
Speaker 4: Yeah, let's get some tickets, all right.
Speaker 3: That is the story. We love sticker and we've got more coming up on Austin's. In fact, I need you guys to think about something. Okay, what will you admit to being a snob about? What will you admit to being Everybody is a snob about something?
Speaker 2: Yeah they are.
Speaker 4: And if they say they're not, their lives than their liars.
Speaker 3: Right, So stay with us. That's coming up on Austin's aaty station one oh three point one. Hey, it's sandy, and you know May's a great time of year. It's the best part of spring, the last week or two before it gets really hot with triple digit heat. But some years may also bring some crazy storms and high winds. With all the wild weather the extreme tempts that Central Texas throws our way, I'm pretty thankful for my friends Scott and Stacy Feller at Kingar Roof.
Speaker 5: Scott and Stacy they're great people.
Speaker 3: They've been part of the community for twenty five years, and kangar Roof takes care of all my roof he needs, and they've done that for a long time.
Speaker 5: It's not just me.
Speaker 3: Scott and Stacy's team have helped hundreds of Central Texas families protect their largest investment, safeguarding their place where you raise your kids. That's why I appreciate knowing that my roof is always in good hands. So give Scott and Stacy a call, they'll hop to it. You'll see for yourself why Kangaroof is the best roofing company in town. You can find them online at call kangaroof dot com. That's called kangaroof dot com. If you're being honest with yourself, you could probably find something pretty quickly. If you thought about what am I snob about and it's okay.
Speaker 5: It's okay.
Speaker 3: It means everyone should be a snob about something. I guess it kind of means that you've got some standards on some things. Yeah, right, And the goop, the funnier, the more random, the better, Trisha, why don't you start with off?
Speaker 5: What do you?
Speaker 3: What do you?
Speaker 5: Will you admit to being a snob about? All right?
Speaker 6: I think that the main thing that I'm a snob about that affects my daily life is I'm a flip flop snob. Oh yeah, I only like Haviannas. I only like Haviannas, and I keep I've not even heard of that. It's just the brand tavian As. I've worn them for years because they aren't clunky, chunky flip flops.
Speaker 4: They're like kind of slim, streamlined. I think they're very.
Speaker 8: Very like.
Speaker 6: They make your foot look nice and slim and petite. I'm definitely a flip flop snob. I'm also a pin snob. I only like a certain pin and it's not even like a super fancy one. It's the Pilot Precise V seven and it has to be blue, and it has to be a medium tip.
Speaker 4: I won't write with it if it's fine tips.
Speaker 2: Those ultra fine ones are terrible. R right.
Speaker 4: If they're too thin the tip, it's terrible. It goes right through your paper. How fun.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I'm also a water snob. I only like bottled water ways, I only like smart water. I think they're the one's taste gross.
Speaker 5: Yeah, our dog is speaking of water.
Speaker 3: Our daughter, who's almost sixteen, she's a water bottle snob.
Speaker 4: A water bottle snob for sure.
Speaker 3: Oh my gosh, we're so many ridiculous and it just cycles in and out. It's hydroflask, one hydroflask.
Speaker 4: And then Yetti's and then Stanley's.
Speaker 3: And it's just not Oh god, at least it's freaking out of metal instead of the plastic, right right, right.
Speaker 6: And then I'm gonna say, ultimately, I'm a driving snob. Nobody could drive as good as I do.
Speaker 4: Nobody.
Speaker 3: Well, I've always there's like two people, like when you're driving, everyone that's going faster than us an idiot, and everyone going slower than using. You're right, exactly right. I'll tell you something that I am snobby about and I will judge. I mean, is your email address like someone's email address.
Speaker 6: So weird.
Speaker 4: Do you care about this?
Speaker 3: I know, like, if you're rocking a Yahoo or an AOL like a dude or a hotmail I have a yacht fail.
Speaker 5: Is the bottom of the wrong.
Speaker 4: Really lower than AOL?
Speaker 5: Yes?
Speaker 3: In my mind, yes, if you rock hotmail, I just I am judging you, and I am you know, I've still got my.
Speaker 5: What COMPU serve? I forgot about that one, but yeah, I mean it's.
Speaker 2: Always a series of numbers and all that.
Speaker 8: But yeah, I mean, just like my minimum on that is like Gmail, I'm okay with that, Gmails, Gmails, Gmail, I'm.
Speaker 1: Okay with Like, what are you starstruck by? I'm not only starstruck by anything. I'm just disappointed in the.
Speaker 5: In the.
Speaker 4: You don't have solutions. You just judge exactly.
Speaker 3: But at the same time, I shouldn't be too much because can I tell you, I can't tell you how many times I bought in a web domain and for the life of me, cannot figure out how to set up the email to that domain, cannot figure out just to address. Yeah, just like I got my last name once, right, yeah yeah, And for the life we can't I've tried and tried to figure out like you have to do certain I don't know how to do it, and I can't do you know how to do it to be yeah, I can help you figure it, okay, yeah, because jab is judging you right now for not being able to figure out how to do that. And I've tried and followed directions and it's just incredibly I'm also a pizza snob. I'm a huge pizza snob. Like I'll eat the you know, Dominoes. Not crazy about it, if you know, I'd rather have some cones.
Speaker 2: I know.
Speaker 6: But then you say you're a pizza snob, but then you'll just eat it four days old, cold and dry after sitting in the fridge.
Speaker 5: I know, but I mean it's still it's pizza, and I love pizza. But I mean I just we get Dominoes. I sneer. Yeah, you know what I mean.
Speaker 4: I can't remember last on my head, just to straight up Dominoes like or something like that.
Speaker 5: We get it all the time.
Speaker 6: It's because it's it's like they cook it in the car in front of your house. When they deliver it to you can't even hold it.
Speaker 4: It's so hot. I don't know how they do it.
Speaker 3: Austin's pizza scene has gotten a lot better, though, Yeah, over the years, as much like Home Slice is good, that's are they still even open Home Slice?
Speaker 5: Oh yeah they are okay.
Speaker 4: Oh it's huge line out the door all the time.
Speaker 5: JB, What do you snob about?
Speaker 6: Oh?
Speaker 2: You know, I historically have been kind of a music snob, and I'm really backed off on that. But you know, I was like, you know, remember that character that Jack Black played in High Fidelity where he worked at the.
Speaker 4: John I I'd love that. I love that character. Anyway, said a bit of that.
Speaker 5: I'm sorry.
Speaker 3: JB said the funniest thing once about people that work at record stores, though you probably don't remember saying it, but I just told this to my friend the other day.
Speaker 5: JV said, the problem with the people that work at the record store is they they don't understand they're not the musician.
Speaker 4: They act like they wrote, they act like they made it the product.
Speaker 5: Yeah, the artist.
Speaker 2: This is not pizza going out the door, right, make it especially and God bless our record stores if they can survive.
Speaker 5: Waterloo is moving.
Speaker 2: There are some vintage stores into an Ears still here, but it's a tough it's a tough one. Yeah, you know what else, I'm a snob. It's funny you mentioned the pen thing, Tricia, because I'm a pin snob too. When a pin just feels good, it's just like, oh my god. And if it's janky, you're.
Speaker 4: Just like, I can't do this, give me a different pen, like it totally throws you off. It's funny.
Speaker 2: I'm trying to look.
Speaker 4: I should have a stack of them somewhere. I'm a I'm a the moleskin snob. So gross.
Speaker 2: The little notepads.
Speaker 4: I've got stacks of them somewhere.
Speaker 2: Hang on.
Speaker 1: They're hardcovered notepads. And they were a little snobby about that.
Speaker 4: You got it from JB.
Speaker 5: Yeah. And the paper. It's the paper really cool.
Speaker 3: And they're great gifts, by the way, if you if you graduation, you know, those are great graduation gaps.
Speaker 5: Like a three pack of Moleskin notebooks.
Speaker 6: Their name put on the front of it. Maybe I feel like graduation automatically names.
Speaker 2: If anyone could ever read my writing, look at this, I swear to god, these are moleskins.
Speaker 5: Oh my gosh, he's got two, four, twelve of them.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 5: Those are just notes that you.
Speaker 2: Keep random notes, random random.
Speaker 4: You're an idea guy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, from all the years, like open one up and let's hear one of your great ideas.
Speaker 5: I don't have.
Speaker 4: Feel is something.
Speaker 1: It's like something you should have removed. I don't know, the skin tag something like that. Why did they go with moleskin? They should just called it skin tag. I don't know if I can make any sense of it.
Speaker 5: My notebooks are the same, not Moleskin. It's just spiral. And what is this that HGB makes their own.
Speaker 4: It's a composition composition book. TV's got everything.
Speaker 2: Here's something about Major Apple. Can't god, he's bounded down. It's always sunny. These must have just been probably show ideas, you know, stuff to talk about that I was into at the time. It was a long time read Womack Fiddeu. These were probably things to talk about on the radio. Right, Wow, you ought to be on TV.
Speaker 4: That's I bet you. That's something we did.
Speaker 5: People call it in telling us why they should be on TV. Do you remember what TV? This is the years ago?
Speaker 3: Remember we used to do the bit, Hey you're on the front page. Oh yeah, so we get that. We would get the states early in the morning right in the paper, like the physical papers. This is like the late nineties, and we would find the whoever was on the front page if it wasn't a famous person, and oftentimes it wasn't, and then we would call them, that's hilarious, and we'd.
Speaker 5: Go, hey, guess what you're on the front page.
Speaker 2: They'd go back when people were listed in the phone book and stuff.
Speaker 4: That's really funny, and they'd be like, what are you talking about.
Speaker 6: Six You can never work now. Number one, there's no physical paper. But number two people would hang up on you because they think it was a scam.
Speaker 1: That's hilarious, right, that was fun More notes babies, something about major Apple White.
Speaker 5: I mean, just I can't believe you've saved them all these years.
Speaker 2: I don't know why I have all these Yeah, like and it's hard to make any sense of any of it, but.
Speaker 5: At the time it made a lot of sense. Yeah, anything else. You're a snob about Kraft beer.
Speaker 2: I'm kind of a car snob. You know me pretty well. And it doesn't mean it doesn't mean fancy cars. It doesn't mean expensive cars. I just like to drive something unique. And it's it's hard, like it's a it's a complicated. Some people doesn't matter. Grocery getter, A to B don't care, you know what I mean. Give me a Honda Civic that will run forever. And I'm always just like, well, how can I make this a little more interesting, you know what I mean? Like I have a Tundra that I've kind of customized and that's what I drive now. And I just have always liked funky cars. Like again, they don't have to be expensive. They can be you know, old. It could be an old beetle that's rusted out, and I'm like, yes.
Speaker 7: What was.
Speaker 4: Oh the fuzzy Dad, I've had a few. Fuzzy Bear.
Speaker 3: It's one you and your buddy in Georgetown used to work on when you were in high school.
Speaker 5: It looked like I had here.
Speaker 2: No, No, I think Fazzi Bear drove a Studie Baker or maybe like a late forties Forward and Nash Rambler.
Speaker 5: That's a good lad.
Speaker 2: But yeah, I've always had funky cars and different cars and just and I've tried to pass it on to my daughter, like drive something fun. She well, it's unique. She drives a two thousand and four Mercedes Station Wagon. Sta loves it because no one drives a wagon and that is twenty three years old, right, She's had it for a few years and she loves it. It's black on black, and I got the windows all tinted out and a surf rack on it and an Apple car play deck, so it's all modern.
Speaker 4: That's cool.
Speaker 2: It's so freaking unlike and I try to instill in her like, yeah, it just drives something fun, right, Yeah, So I'm a bit of a car snob with that. And again, it could be a five hundred dollars old pickup, yeah, doesn't matter, or you know, a high high, high end sports car.
Speaker 4: Just drive something fun.
Speaker 3: I'm with you on that, so admit it. Think everybody's snobby about something. Hey, by the way, if you want to share yours, you can text us seven three seven threes are a one ninety six hundred.
Speaker 5: What are you a snob about?
Speaker 3: Thanks for listening to the podcast edition of The Sandy Show. Find us every morning from six until ten on Austin's eighties station one oh three point one, streaming on the iHeartRadio app, and ask your smart speaker to play one oh three to one.
Speaker 5: Austin