Speaker 1: Good morning, good morning, good morning. Welcome, welcome, welcome. It's time now for City matters right here on K one, the one you trust. If it matters to you, it matters to the city. It's gonna be fun.
Speaker 2: That's caught intro there. Thank you about I appreciate it. How you doing, Mike Bailey, I'm great, I'm great. Had we had we all had a busy weekend. Oh yeah, we're great. It's good. Happened Monday. All right, what's the latest, brother?
Speaker 3: So latest before we actually dip into the meat of the program, which is sitting to my right named Terry Laurdson, I got a couple of things, So Kerry meet Laurence.
Speaker 2: Yet he'll he'll be most of the program this morning, of course.
Speaker 3: But so we want to start out just real quick and congratulate Senator Daniels. Actually, I believe it was last week she received the twenty twenty five bill Library Bill Lowry Library Champion Award. So this is issued by the Oklahoma Department of Libraries, and this was essentially for her work in the legislature championing library. So I just want to take a moment and thank her for that. That award was given to her at a library at the library board meeting, so we got to be there for that and to congratulate her and to welcome her, but we wanted to wanted to give her a quick shout out on the radio as well. And so last week was actually a council meeting and it was a there wasn't wasn't a whole lot happening. It was just boring city business, which is how we prefer it, but really just city business. The only thing really of note from that council meeting was that we did make sort of a quiet announcement that the name of the golf course will be changing. It has been Adams Municipal Golf Club or course for a very long time, and so the along with our reopening of the course that involves changing our programs. We've got a new golf pro d Roadman who we've introduced everybody to d has has some great ideas for the golf course. But along with that, we wanted to shift the.
Speaker 2: Brand at the golf course.
Speaker 3: So the grand reopening the golf course, we also wanted to honor the essentially the founder of the golf course. Of course, for anybody who knows that's Boots Adams. Boots Adams donated the land and made a significant monetary contribution to actually create.
Speaker 2: Adams Golf Course.
Speaker 3: So it was Bartlesville's first and at that time only municipal course and still our only municipal course, but that started with Boots, so we wanted to honor him, and so the first thing that we did was to come up with a name that that honored Boots, and then we invited his two sons that are still here in the area, Kenneth and Stephen talk to them about the idea and they absolutely loved it. So we were glad for their support and so that that course will officially.
Speaker 2: Be known as Boo Boots Hollow.
Speaker 3: And so we'll be switching from Adams Municipal to Boots Hollow here in the near future. So by the time we do our reopening, we will have a completely new brand. So we're excited that golf course. We're expecting there.
Speaker 2: To be an opening in it.
Speaker 3: I don't have the exact dates on everything, but it'll be towards the end of August, so keep an eye out for all of that. We'll have a community day, the first community Day or the Community Day will allow people to bring their putters.
Speaker 2: We won't be.
Speaker 3: Able to play the course that day, but we'll let you pudd on the new greens if you want to come out and see what they see, what they look like, it is significantly different. And then we will have a soft opening with limited tea times, followed by our first tournament, so we'll have a grand opening tournament and then it'll be business as usual out of the golf course. So looking forward to getting that open. I know that everybody who plays golf, trust me, I've heard from you. I know you're ready to get it open too. They're all very excited about it. So with that, let's go ahead and jump to what I'm sure anybody who's listening to the program wants to know more about. Over the weekend, there was a we received an unfortunate announcement from ODEQ and they placed the city of Artlesville's water supply on a boil or. And I've got Terry Lorence in here with me so that we can discuss this more. But essentially there were several key components to that. The primary is is that Terry, we test our system, is it monthly?
Speaker 4: Well, we test truly tested daily, but we plant daily.
Speaker 5: But right, so, yeah, let me I'll die right in.
Speaker 2: He knows how he.
Speaker 3: Wants to say this, and he's not gonna let me readirect any of it.
Speaker 2: So I'm just gonna shut up to No, that's unusual.
Speaker 5: Well, so to answer your monitoring question, so we monitor the plant not just daily but hourly minute. We have equipment that monitors though those treatment levels. We monitor the distribution system daily for chlorine residual, so we check in different parts to monitor for chlorine residual and then monthly we perform bacterio logical tests or we pull samples. We send that to an independent labor laboratory to run those tests. We're required to do forty a month at various locations within the system really are remote parts of the system. Because of it's good at the furthest point, then it's good everywhere else. So we do those ten a week. So we do it all the time, daily and then weekly for the bacterio logical assessments. And so last Wednesday we pulled samples for the last ten of the month, and one of those samples at twenty first in Dewey came back positive for E.
Speaker 2: Coli.
Speaker 5: And so that We were made aware of those results on Thursday afternoon. Friday evening, we talked with the Department of our Mont Quality. That's the first time we've ever had in E. Coli tests positive, and so we sought guidance from them on.
Speaker 2: What do we need to do.
Speaker 5: Do we need to do an immediate boil order, what's the protocol and what's the process. We were instructed to hold off on anything to resample that site as well as sites adjacent to that site, send that into the independent lab, get the results, and we'll go from there. So we did that Saturday morning. We were made aware of the results of that resampling, which the original site that tested positive for E. Coli tested negative for E. Coli, but it still had the color form bacteria, which is an indicator bacteria harmless to us, but it's an indicator of bactroological growth in your system. But the adjacent sites that we tested were negative for both color form and E. Coli. So at the time.
Speaker 2: We issued we received those results. We received the.
Speaker 5: Call right around noon or almost right around one from the ODEQ about the results of that test, and we were informed that we were going to be put on a mandatory boiler order.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 5: And then I think by one thirty they placed it on the boil order, and I think we were able to get a press release that had some more context and information regarding that what happened later that afternoon, But that started the kind of the whilwind of activity that we experienced over the weekend. But when we received.
Speaker 2: That first positive test for E.
Speaker 5: Coli, we immediately began fleshing that part of the system. I can't stress enough that no other part of the system tests positive for E. Coli, for any kind of color form bacteria.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 5: There were no anomalies at the plant. The plant was producing safe water, continued to produce safe water throughout this process. So that's in our press release. I put in there that I felt that it was an anomaly with the sample site, right because the water was testing well everywhere else except that one specific location. But with the boiler order mandate and the notice that equal wise in your water system, I think the public interpreted that that every drop of water was contaminated, there was no water safe to drink, to do anything with, which obviously was not true.
Speaker 2: Essentially, is the.
Speaker 3: Way the ODEQ protocol works is that they air on the side of caution, and so they notify everyone who could be exposed, and in this instance, we don't believe that anyone truly was exposed.
Speaker 2: We believe it was an anomaly with that site.
Speaker 3: However, regardless of that ODEQ, they out of an abundance of caution, they notify everybody who not just on our system directly, but everybody we may serve, even though it might take two three days for that water to even reach them, assuming it's coming from the same sort.
Speaker 5: Yeah, so on Saturday we were able to get in touch with the decisions makers at the ODQ to find out what we needed to do to get off the boil order. So we had a plan of attack from then. So we continued to flush that area concern and then we re sampled that specific location adjacent to that area, and then throughout the entire distribution system to represent all the water within our system. So we sent those samples Saturday evening to the lab as a twenty four hour test. That's just the way the test goes. We were made at the results yesterday at eight pm. As far as everything tested negative, no coliform, no E Coli in any location that was sampled or tested yesterday, and so the state then released or lifted the boil order mandate, and so that's where we are today. There's a lot of work left for us to do, certainly to understand what happened at that site. In essence, there's six ways that eq Coli can be introduced into your system. And so if you're not familiar with E. Coli, that has as a bacteria, but its basis is in human or animal waste. So you can either have a catastrophic failure at the water plant where something is not treating or working disinfectant wise, you can have a break and a water main that you depressure eye to fix it, but something crawls in and dies in there. You can have a sampling air where the person taking the sample contaminates it. You can have a lab air where it's contaminated at the lab. You can have an anomaly at the sample site. So kind of going through the checklist, there was nothing that was abnormal with the plant. Everything was working perfect and is exactly how it should. There was no water main breaks in that area at all within the last six months, so there's nothing that could have crawled in and died. The person that we have pulling the samples is well trained, very very familiar with that process. So I have no doubt that that contamination wasn't from them. The lab is a state certified lab to perform these type of tests. They have all kinds of protocol and procedures in place to prevent that. So I seriously doubt that that occurred from the lab. And so that left the sample site if that was the potential point of where the equal I came in. Now, the sample site is in essence of frost free hydrant is what it is. So if you're familiar with the frost free hydrant, it has a vertical standpipe about three feet long.
Speaker 2: The valve that operates to let.
Speaker 5: Water come out of the spicket is down below the ground roughly three feet But in that stand pipe, above the valve that opens and closes that that spicket is a weephole, a drain hole. And so we have speculated this is all speculation at this point. We have nothing to confirm it as of today. But my speculation is that something has had crawled up into that we pull and died. It could be an earthworm, it could be a snake, it could be something else. Whatever the case may be ground petration, should be groundwater penetration, who knows what that is. But all the tests revealed that the only issue was at that specific sample site. If you have a problem with the water at one location, you're going to have a problem with the water adjacent to that location, and even potentially further on. We never found that, never saw that in any of our testing, and so even to this day, we have not seen that. We are going to continue to monitor this area very closely, looking for different indicators, will run an assortment of tests on it to see bacterologically what's going on with it. But at this point we're going to go through everything very thoroughly. The plant, what was going on exactly with the plant, the protocol, you know, all those things. We know there's no water main break, so that one is obviously crossed off the list. We will get with the lab to see what their protocols are in place to you know, to mitigate or to prevent a contamination. But we'll go through all those and very very granually to see exactly what happened to one to hopefully identify what happened. But the second thing is if there's a deficiency somewhere we certainly need to correct that so it never ever happens again. So that's uh, you know, we take the safety of our water very seriously. I drink it, my family drinks it, my kids drink it. Everybody at the water plant they drink it, their family, their kids, and so on and so forth, and so the safety of the water is utmost important to us, and so.
Speaker 2: That that is paramount.
Speaker 5: And that's paramount.
Speaker 2: So it's safety in the safety of the water absolutely.
Speaker 5: So it's this was something that's never happened. It is unbelievably rare for a system to be working very well with no anomalies and all of a sudden you get an e coalie. So that's you know, I couldn't express enough how this is such a an anomaly to see this. But in any event, where we went through it, we're thankful obviously to the Department of Armor Quality with their efforts to help us get off the boil order as quickly as we did. We want to I want to personally thank Kelly Williams and Kelsey Walker. They were our eyes and ears with social media.
Speaker 2: Their weekend was over about two o'clock on Saturday.
Speaker 5: Yeah, so they put together the press releases, the different FAQs, and and they kind of wage the information battle on social media. So their efforts were fantastic over this incident. But our work is just beginning on it, and so we will work very expeditiously, but you know, very strategically as well, to make sure that we're covering all the bases, to to identify what was the source of it, and then to make corrections if if if needed.
Speaker 3: So and Terry the a few questions that I know that I've received you and I've discussed these, but I think it's worth sharing with the public. So we're dealing really with odeq's protocols, and so when certain things happen, it triggers other things, and those are designed that way for a reason, again with public safety in mind, and so they are always.
Speaker 2: Going to air on the side of caution.
Speaker 3: So when we were dealing with this, of course it was detected at one site out of forty that we routinely sample, and it did test positive for E.
Speaker 2: Coli at one time.
Speaker 3: However, there was no other test for ecolon nowhere else in the system or at that location, again, which was part of Again I think we're dealing with a protocol at ODQ, but it surprised us a little bit, never having gone through this. It detected E coli, and they instructed us to resample. When we did resample, it didn't test positive for E. Coli, but tested positive for the color form, which is sort of a precursor. And so normally caliform does not trigger anything, but in this instance it did trigger the boil.
Speaker 2: Order because there was a positive E. Coli test. The past is how we understand it.
Speaker 3: So we were this was certainly new to us, which is a good thing that it's new to us. You know, this is certainly not something you want to have happened in your system. So in your history here has this ever happened?
Speaker 2: Never? Never, never, We've never had a single positive test.
Speaker 5: For ecoli never, you're aware, to my knowledge. So, and even testing positive for caliform is a rare incidence. You know, we take six hundred tests over a year. If we have one test positive for caliform, that's an exception. But with the positive test for E. Coli, the what the state terms a confirmation test, that next sample round for a call ofform that's what validated in or triggered the boil yet the boilerer.
Speaker 3: And it did which I'm sure again dealing with their protocols, the ODQ has a certain amount of time then to issue the boiler order and so so unfortunately this one was on Saturday. It made it difficult to communicate with the public. It made it difficult in fact to communicate with ODEQ because not all of their people were available. So it was an unfortunate set of circumstances. I'm grateful to you and your staff because you were able to work through it quickly and reassure the public. But even even a day under those circumstances is certainly too much. So we're going to do our part to work with ODQ and go through sort of an after action. You know what, how could we have done this better and how could we work better with ODQ? The ODQ called our water plant about it was late afternoon or early afternoon, about one one, and that was essentially the same time that they issued the public notice.
Speaker 2: So we were notified pretty much concurrently with the public on Saturday, right correct.
Speaker 3: And so I know there was some concern why why we didn't do more to notify the public. Well, as soon as we became aware of the boiler order. We immediately worked that first off, answer the question. We don't want to put out information prematurely, so to try to answer the questions, I have to tell you Saturday morning, I wasn't sure that odeq's website hadn't been hacked.
Speaker 2: I was so surprised by this and so so working through it.
Speaker 3: The positive test, of course, was on Thursday, and I have had people ask well, why didn't you why didn't you go to a boil order immediately, And the answer is is we we.
Speaker 2: Actually don't control that. That is od Q who does the boil orders.
Speaker 3: And they are the they are the jurisdiction that is in charge of this, and their instructions to us were essentially to flush, resample and then and then wait for the.
Speaker 5: Results to wait, right yeah, So I mean that was our specific question right away, is what do we need to do?
Speaker 2: Is a boil order? Isn't an advisory? Is it? What action?
Speaker 5: And they said resample. Once we get those resample results, which again takes twenty four hours for that test to run, then we will go from there and advise you what the next steps are. So we have certainly learned a lot in this process and so I would anticipate there will be some changes if this ever happens again, which again our goal and that's our prime directive and innocence is it for it will never happened again, but in that off chance that it does, to be better prepared for that. And so it caught us by surprise certainly when they issued it, and we were scrambling ever since to one get information out, but two is to fix it. I mean, that was the important things to correct that. So we had the dual tracks. We're fixing it and getting the public information so they can make an informed decision understand what's going on with it. And so again Kelly and Kelsey really championed the information aspect of it, so that allowed me to really focus on fixing it or correcting it. So again I'm deeply appreciated for them and their efforts to do that. That helped me and the water plant staff. They were out there and did a tremendous amount of work as well to check, verify, test, do all the things that we can do on site to make sure everything was where it needed to be. And again all those tests came back good. Everything tested exactly where it needed to be. Throughout this whole process. So that's why we felt confident that this was going to be resolved very quickly. But again we had to go through the process. We had to get the actual tests through an independent lab that certified everything is what we were seeing on our end as well.
Speaker 2: So in summary, it is the water safe to drink.
Speaker 5: Safe to drink, so you do not need to run your tap. I think there's some thought about just flush your line, do anything. No, the water was always safe to flush your system, to run the tab before you take a drink. You can use water certainly as you normally would. Obviously as a resident and a consumer of bars of water. This shakes your confidence, it shakes your trust in the water department. That's something that we're going to have to build back, certainly through through the next weeks, years, months, those sorts of things. But you know that's again our utmost priority is to produce that water that's safe, that's reliable. We have a staff that's very committed to that, extremely professional, knowledgeable in what they do, and we will continue to deliver that. But we're going to find out what exactly happens so that we can if we need to make a correction in some of our sampling or how our sites are maintained, then we will certainly implore those or make those happen so that we can avoid this in the future.
Speaker 3: Well, as I said, I'm grateful for you, I'm grateful for your staff.
Speaker 2: I'm grateful to im and Kelsey.
Speaker 3: Of course, I'm also grateful the city Council because they were obviously they were inundated with questions as well this weekend, but they were they were gracious enough to give us the time to do what needed to be done, so we kept them informed of the best of our ability. But at the same time they were they were very patient and very understanding and very supportive through this, so it certainly wasn't an easy weekend for anyone. Again, this is nothing we've ever had experience with, which is a good thing that we had never experienced this, and but I think that's part of the reason that we were so caught off guard, is that this is nothing we've ever had to deal with, and hopefully we'll never have to deal with again. But in the instance that we do, we'll be better prepared. We'll we'll understand better what the indicators are and what the od Q expects and what their reactions will be. And I was very caught off guard by by them declaring the boil order. At the same time, I understand that that's probably exactly what their protocols require, yep. So, but understanding exactly what their actions will be in the future will be very helpful for us. So no teacher quite like experiences.
Speaker 5: There, No, no, unfortunately not.
Speaker 2: And this is an experience we don't care to care to repeat.
Speaker 3: So anyone who has questions, obviously we we've set it over and over the water safe, but there might be some people who still have questions.
Speaker 2: What what's a good number for them to call to get their questions answer.
Speaker 5: They can call me directly, which is nine one eight three three eight four one zero seven. And so that's what we put on the notice. As far as if there's any questions to call, that is my direct line. I will return every call. May not be right away, it may take a day or so to work through those, but we encourage if you have questions, please feel free to reach out to my.
Speaker 2: Direct direct number.
Speaker 5: Uh Now, if you want to talk to the city manager, you can always call him.
Speaker 2: He knows less than Terry does. But he's happy to talk to you nine one, eight three three eight four to two eight two.
Speaker 1: And if you have the city app, it's the hey Bailey button.
Speaker 2: Hey Bailey, that's right. I told them to take that button off tof.
Speaker 5: So or if you want to email your concern or email your questions, certainly you can do so. I do ask that you put your name. I'm not responding to emails that have no names with them, so I want to associate. I'm kind of old school in that sense. I want to know a name with an individual, so I understand who I'm communicating information with as well. So if you email your question, please include your name and I will certainly respond back to it. If you send me just an oddball email with no name, no anything, it's more than likely I'm not going to roseate to you.
Speaker 3: Those are going to get the lowest priority. We want to we want to ensure that we're communicating with citizens of Bartlesville.
Speaker 2: They're going to get our highest priority in crimness.
Speaker 3: All right, Well, thank you, Terry, I said, this has been quite a process that.
Speaker 2: We've worked through here, and we will.
Speaker 3: We're grateful everybody who was involved in it, and we thank the citizens of Bartlesville for their patients and their continued trust. Yes, all right, I'm gonna kick this over to Micah.
Speaker 2: He was, yeah, you get to followup, Terry. That's right, Micah. Here next up. I'm usually last. I thought we're gonna do Jason. Then, man, I'm not ready. I had ready. I had to shake it up. You need to look up my notes here it says, hey, I'm upside down. You can't read upside down. I can't read it without my glasses, and I understand.
Speaker 4: I'm getting to that point.
Speaker 3: So Micah, We've got We've got a lot of projects going on around and some of them very visible. The first things first, let's talk O Dot real quick. So, okay, Highway sixty, which we call Adams Boulevard, right, O Dot has come out and done quite a bit of work on that from a construction perspective, which.
Speaker 2: They hadn't done in a number of years.
Speaker 3: So the road is improved drastically, which is it's good, it was certainly in need of.
Speaker 4: However, this is this is a temporary fix. Correct, This is a temporary fix. Yeah, So they actually have a project scheduled to completely reconstruct Adam Adams Boulevard from essentially Highway seventy five there at the overpass all the way out to one twenty three by the research centers. So that originally was planned to be bid this last winter in January February timeframe on their previous eight year plan that got bumped two years to February of twenty twenty seven is when they have scheduled to let that project. So we have not seen final plans on that. I think there's a couple of reasons for that delay. Someone was funding, but also on the design side, they just don't have the design complete yet as well either. I'm not sure what hurdles they've run into there. I know that right away is tight and there's some other issues. There's a lot of utilities through there.
Speaker 1: Spotted I heard that spotted worms some spot worms.
Speaker 4: Work around right that are protected. I'm sure not really, but but you never know, you never know, never know. Yeah, I don't quote us on that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, no spotted words have been sighted. Yes, that's right.
Speaker 4: So so I'm not sure what all the reasons for the delays where I do know that in talking with their district engineer that funding was part of it. But again we haven't seen final plans, so that's got to be on that table as well.
Speaker 3: So we expect a complete reconstruction of the road though from seventy five to one twenty three.
Speaker 4: That's correct, That is still the plan. I haven't seen the plan yet, but expectation there should be sidewalk and everything as well, and that's where the ride away comes into play, as far as having some some tight issues there. So that is still the plan. So they have gone through and base. What they've done is they've got enough funding approved to do the worst areas on that section through downtown. My understanding is I'm not sure where it's at and the whole works and things, but I think they are trying to also find funding to do the portion between High Highway seventy five and Silver Lake. I'm just not sure what that looks like yet.
Speaker 2: It would be nice. That area is a little it's starting to separate.
Speaker 4: It is it is, so I know there's a desire for them to improve that, at least from their maintenance crews and whatnot. I'm just not sure if they're going to get the funding for that or not. So feel free to reach out to ODOTT for more detailed information. Again, we're it's not our project. We hate to put too much information out there and don't want to really step on their toes with that because.
Speaker 2: It is theirs. It is there.
Speaker 4: We've we've talked about that the past with them, that you know, how much information should we put out there, But that is that is a temporary fix into a future reconstruction project.
Speaker 3: So, and we've got a few road construction projects going on of our own we do. Probably the most noticeable is a project that's essentially a preventative maintenance project. And I'm sure everyone has noticed it because it covers a lot of our well traveled roads right now. And this is this is a project that is essentially it's capping the roads. It is not really it's not a reconstruction. We're not milling and overlaying. It's not additional asphalt. It really is just sort of a cap that will coat the roads, that will prevent that will extend their lives.
Speaker 4: We're trying to extend the life home, right So you know, for asphalt streets, sunlight and water really are your your biggest factors and how to deteriorates. So as long as your subgrade is good, those are the things that break down asphalt. So so essentially we're trying to extend the life of those by providing a measure that seals that off. It provides a good driving surface as well. So these are some of them made streets in town or typically higher, higher speed limits, higher traffic volumes, and so there's limited measures that you can do for truly preventive maintenance in those types of situations, and so this is one of them. It's new to us, really new to this area. We're finding that, you know, maybe not ideal if you're going to have a wet.
Speaker 2: Year, which it is. It's taken a lot longer to get through. So it's actually a four phase project, it is.
Speaker 3: The first phase people will notice is that there's a crack ceiling that they do. They go in seal all the cracks up. The second phase is essentially a thin, thin overlay. It actually looks a lot like a chip and seal county.
Speaker 4: It's a thinner version a little bit you know, not quite as course, is what they do in the county.
Speaker 3: And that from then there will actually be a ceiling that's called h A five and that that essentially will return that road and seal it to that that.
Speaker 2: Shiny, pretty black asphalt look that we're used to.
Speaker 3: And then the final one is actually restripeing. Correct, So for anybody who's wondering, is that it we're not done yet.
Speaker 2: We're not.
Speaker 3: In fact, I don't know any of the roads that the started have been completed because the h A five is very weather dependent, correct, it is.
Speaker 4: It's very moisture dependent. So if there's any moistured on, I'm not quite Honestly. The crack seling is moisture dependent as well. Right, probably the least moisture dependent is the is the chip seal force you, but the crack seiling is as well. You're not gonna seal cracksit or they still have moisture in them. They try to blow those out and get them dried out, but you just got to get away from the dry out. But then the h A five it appears to be really weather dependent. So they've really been trying to get on a couple of sections for weeks now, and it's just you know, when you get rained every month three days, you know, just about the time they think it's going to be ready, it rains again. So again that's move Ben didn't really expect that. I didn't realize it was quite that weather dependent when we plan this out. But again, we didn't really expect to have the wet conditions that we've had.
Speaker 3: So this is an unusual year, to say the least. We're coming off of a couple of droughts and.
Speaker 2: Here we are. That's been great.
Speaker 4: If we had done this year and a half ago, it'd have been perfect.
Speaker 2: It wasn't perfect. Apparently this is the rain dance, Mike. I wouldn't need to do this every year. You can buy drop a rain. Nobody is irrigating their yards. It was perfect.
Speaker 4: So anyway, so yeah, so that's the we are not done. We're not done. I believe that the first are they'd like to target for the HA five is on Virginia, and so part of it is too. There were some subcontractor issues on the project.
Speaker 2: We weren't happy with them, and neither was neither was the contract.
Speaker 4: Holberg Asphalt was the main contract, the general contractor, and they were not happy with the chip seal that was going down on Bison and Madison in Tuxedo, and so with some pressure from us and also internally on their end, we they've got a new chip seal contract that's doing a lot better job they've done Virginia. They did the south mile of Madison and they will continue on down Price when the should get some good weather this week to do that. The crack siling got out ahead them as well again, finally got that going on the water road and so but that the first round of HA five should be there in Virginia. I've told them though, if they can't get you know, there's some areas that hold water. They're in Virginia, so they're still having trouble with that, Let's get moved over to some other areas and just get it going. Get somewhere else so we can get starwhere else and get it going.
Speaker 3: So the now, the loose gravel that's on there, it's part of the process, and they do they sweep it off before they do the HA five. They do. We didn't anticipate that it would be down as long as it was. I know that some of it has actually washed off and probably into our drainage system. So that certainly was an ideal. Anybody who's noticed the sandbags and things like that at the edge of the drainage, that's what that's for. It was to try to keep it out of the drainage systems. So they have cleaned up some of them normally, I believe they do that right before they apply the HA.
Speaker 4: Five typically how they do it, yes, And so we've been working with them on that to see if we can speed that process up as well. So again it's a learning curve for us and for them taking some MPs on it.
Speaker 3: But they're from Utah and I don't think it rains there exactly exactly.
Speaker 4: That's part of it.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 4: I will say though they've done this. They've done this in Texas, they've done this in the Carolinas. I mean there's been some there's areas that some other areas will be more similar to to Oklahoma that have done this. So quite honestly, there's actually communities and there's Claremore Still Water and Losso have all used v h A five product without the chips portion somewhere on residential streets and things like that. They've done that in Oklahoma and the actually those those communities have been happy with it.
Speaker 2: Probably did it during a drought. They probably didn't.
Speaker 4: I guess droughts are good for something potentially, so so so we're working through it, and I think it'll be good in the end. I think it the longer it'll be good. But we're working through the growing pains of it.
Speaker 2: Well, thank you, Micah.
Speaker 3: There's there's a couple of other road projects going on Madison north of Tuxedo that's going to be essentially a complete reconstruction of that road.
Speaker 4: Yep, it's gonna look that That road when it's done will looks similar to where it goes in front of Sooner Park. It's gonna be a similar type road section and there may be two lanes, a little bit wider section, curve and gutter.
Speaker 3: And that really only goes up to about the water tower up there and then but there there is plans to do a level up and over already done. Keith already done. On vacation.
Speaker 2: Go on vacation. Get out of Keith Innry's way.
Speaker 4: You'll get grow to that guy.
Speaker 2: See yeah it No, they got that done.
Speaker 4: It looks great. It looked very similar to what we did on Minnesota and that'll last us a long time. And so we're going to tie in right at that point where he picked up and with this project us construction.
Speaker 3: So Madison will be drastically improved north of there. The only other really big one we've got going on right now is Tuxedo Bridge. Of course it's been it's still ongoing delayed, but it's it's still going right.
Speaker 4: It's still going and we should wrap that up hopefully here in the July, first part of August.
Speaker 2: That's going really well.
Speaker 4: So we actually went ahead and we went ahead and advertised bids for the Sunset project, trying to transition into that one as well, since we've got a contractor up here. Again, not a guarantee that they're going to be low bid, but we're hoping that we'll get a good, really good price from Wildcat Construction since they're already in town. But uh yeah, something's going well, it's actually going really well.
Speaker 3: All right, Well, Tom, I think we're probably about out of time here. But if Jason's got just a second house, house sales tap, so I know the answer, and I don't like it.
Speaker 6: Sounds taxes not well down six looks great, integratings, no start off the year this way, so you know that's down. Gosh, we're one hundre one hundred ten thousand dollars below what we had had to spate roluntarily. It's you know, one hundred and fifty thousand dollars down compared to previous year. Yeah, and US tax was U SAX, you know, it's down sixt US taxes up nine point three percent. Obviously they're not weighted the same taxes, a lot of smaller sales tax. But the budgetary budgetarily the variance you know, was forty two thousand dollars ahead of war we budget, so somewhat offset's about the about half of what we what we saw the decline in sales tax.
Speaker 2: So not not too terrible, but not not good. Not a great way to stay.
Speaker 6: And you know, we're looking back at our historical I mean, you know, you go back to twenty one, we're right in line with twenty one, pretty close to twenty you know, I say, twenty one, twenty two, fistar, twenty two, pretty close to fiscal year, you know, twenty three, twenty four.
Speaker 2: Last week, we just had a really large July, so sometimes that that impact was good. It was good last year.
Speaker 6: I have a large July and it kind of hurts our metics starting off with this July.
Speaker 2: So it always works.
Speaker 3: Yeah, all right, Well, thanks Jason and Tom, thank you as always appreciate you.
Speaker 1: All right, folks, you've been watching and listening to our City Matters program one K one