Speaker 1: Hi, everybody, welcome to tea time with the Amy and Bev. How's it going, girl.
Speaker 2: It's going, it's going. It's going good. Man, Yeah, I would say life.
Speaker 3: Is going good.
Speaker 2: It's I have more clarity, and clarity makes things feel a little bit different, a lot different, true. So I'm just kind of playing that with that, and then really we've kind of finished off with the last thing. But really being my own cheerleader, really learning to love my own self, learning what that looks like.
Speaker 3: Maybe it's sitting and massaging my feet.
Speaker 2: Maybe it's sitting and watching TikTok for a little bit, if that's what makes me feel good, you know, if it's whatever. Because I always set my intentions before I do any that stuff anyways, Like I want bring me the best information I could possibly use at this time.
Speaker 3: That's good, you know, for the greatest good or whatever. So I like to do a lot of that stuff.
Speaker 2: So I'm really learning how to walk with myself, be happy with myself, not judge myself because I didn't do what somebody else wanted me to do, walk through the processes of you know, feeling feeling the guilt from the old patterns from childhood because I'm not doing what I what I think someone else what expects of me, right reading their mind. I've recognized millions of times now that I think I must have had to read my mom's mind a lot at being a kid or those around me, and then knowing that I could do all those things, and then cutting it all off, you know, later on, not even recognizing how I cut myself off from all that, but I did. It wasn't It's not was not anybody else. Because yet, as a child, I could have chose something different. I really could have been a lot in a lot of different perspectives. I could have chose things differently.
Speaker 3: Maybe I did.
Speaker 2: At the time, I know that I chose the best that I possibly could. But now I look back and I know that we can change a lot of those experiences, which you also kind of touched on last video. We can change a lot of those experiences just by how we perceive it. So because from the child perspective, our perception was a little bit more Mom, he keeps poking me, or she keeps picking on me, So we're tattle telling them because we're blaming somebody else instead of realizing that our energy was in the space at that time that actually welcome that kind of behavior, not even knowing. I think if I when I come back again, because if I do, I'm going to come back to parents that are already aware of all this stuff and then help grow and nurture all these abilities instead of having to go the opposite direction of like, yeah, I think I signed up because I want to go ahead and do it the hard way. And yeah, that's and so I did.
Speaker 1: Girl, you mean both. I think that's what the gen X gen X generation is all about. It was funny because I did this morning watched a TikTok video about gen X and how we were when we were growing up. He started out with, Yeah, we're waking up. Gen X is waking up. We want to We're tired, we want to rest, we want to recover.
Speaker 3: But you.
Speaker 1: People, I'm gonna use nice words. You people are not making it easiest for us, and we have to wake back up. But you're talking about a generation that was right. And then he goes through the whole thing about what our generation did growing up, complete survival skills, like we were you know, our road rash as a badge of honor, and you know we sucked it. Up and we just kept on playing on the asphalt like all the things, Like I can just totally rattle off the things that we did as you know, when I was grown up, and and anyway it is, it's like we are, we're tired, we want to rest. We are here, we are in our healing phase now, but very easily we can go right back into survival and and you know, we don't give up. And that's one of the biggest things is that we were taught to persevere no matter what, no matter what. And that's one of the things that I am grateful that I had instilled in me is is you you keep showing up. And my spirit, girl, my spirit was strong in that department because there were so many times I wanted to throw in the town and say I am done, and I thought about every way possible to not be here. It was a couple people in my life, not by direct conversation, but just thinking about them that kept me here. And that's to me is perseverance, like you you will keep going and you will figure this out. And yeah it sucks right now, but you're gonna you're gonna get through it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we just plowed through it like that was there was no other way.
Speaker 2: I mean, even though like you said, there was sometimes it was like laying down crying or you know, I walked a lot of the same path that you did, you know, trying, you know, not wanting to be here. But somehow I always feel like there was angels around me. And I didn't even understand that until fully, until later on almost flipping my car. There was like so many things that because you know, I was one of those kind of rebellious teenagers. So yeah, thank god it was a small town. But it's s stame. I always feel like there was something that was there guiding and protecting, even though I didn't understand right right.
Speaker 1: And you know, so when you say be my own cheerleader, there are so many things. I didn't have this vocabulary, be my own cheerleader, or self love or angels or guides or you know, energy. You didn't have all that when we were growing up, none of it. The only thing we knew of was uh, friends going to church, and I didn't go to church, like my family didn't go to church and U so but back then though, it was more on the guilt tripping side of what was taught in church. I think it's starting to transform. Now I'm not sure. I still don't go. Uh, but to be my own cheerleader, I don't know what the hell that meant. I was like, I would look at you and be like, what are you talking about? You know, this sucks, this is what I'm facing, and have not a clue what this actually meant. Be my own cheerleader. No, it's my mom's job, it's my you know, biological dad who I've never met, it's my stepdad's, it's my grandparents' job. It's like all these other people need to be cheering me on because but you know what, if if any of them, even the people in my life, if any of them knew the things the journey I walk, they would probably be surprised that I am still here. It's like, and it's it's it's not just the physical stuff. It is the mental and emotional stuff that I endured in myself, and that the pain and agony and suffering that I caused myself in my head because I didn't know how else to deal with it.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So for that, yeah, so for that today, Yeah, I am my own cheerleader. I look in the mirror and say, you know what, you're doing a great job. You might be you might be feeling some frustration and irritation right now, but you know what, at least you're not going out to the bar and getting smashed and then getting up tomorrow and doing the same thing. Like, yeah, you know, there there's so many things that I do. I look in the mirror and I'm like, man, you're you are doing amazing compared to and I can only compare myself to who I used to be, compared to where you were, and compared to where you are now. Girls, you are freaking dynamic, right, So it's like, yeah, talking to ourselves about that.
Speaker 2: And I've been doing that otherwise, waiting around for someone else to cheer lead to. You know, when I was growing up because I was I was a black sheeper, the rebellious child.
Speaker 3: How come you can't just cook good grades like your sister? How come you can't just do this? How can you mean?
Speaker 2: It's like I was never meant to do any of those things. And it's not anything against anybody at all. It's just if I was waiting for them to cheer me on, they weren't gonna cheer me on.
Speaker 3: Well, I wasn't getting them things to.
Speaker 2: Cheer me on about, really, because I was having my own battle insight always. And so if we wait around for something like that, we're always gonna be waiting, and then we're always gonna be feeling like we weren't good enough or we didn't you know. I was even just talking yesterday about you know, I was always picked over. You know, I was, Oh, she's too white, she's too this, she's too that, too tall, too, whatever, all these things. When I was growing up, I was always it seemed, in a relationship standpoint, and it's like that kind of those were patterns, and it's like I was carrying that along with me still, and it's like those are patterns. And when I look at it as a pattern, I don't have to carry it anymore. It doesn't for me. It's like it totally disables. It's it's just a pattern. I don't have to continue walking that path anymore. And then I do, like you said, I do. I'd never did it before, but I do it now, and I'll get in the mirror and I talk to myself and I say things to myself, and it's pretty fascinating when you start doing that stuff because you start noticing that the reflection is changing the more you start talking to yourself. Yeah, there's something there, so much bigger. It makes my eyes water, makes me feel a little bit of emotions. It's like, eh, they see me or she sees me.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I've been here the whole time.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And it's the alignment right when we feel like things are going crazy, like when we were talking in the last video, when there's a couple you know timeframe that we're filling all these feelings that aren't feeling you know, feelings of angst instead of feeling joyful and happy. It's it kind of holds us back. It kind of keeps us stuck in that space, and it's it's an unnecessary it's unnecessary. We do it to ourselves, and it's just to be in that process of recognizing again they're just patterns. How can I let I mean, it's and then you ask your questions, how can I let this go? But for me, like I said, I've just made it more neutral, And I say that's a pattern. Oh that's I just received information. Oh that's a pattern, that's my thoughts. So it's like I'm kind of returning the power back to myself and then being able to by doing that, now I'm like.
Speaker 3: Oh, you're doing a great job.
Speaker 2: So now I'm can get in from the mirror and tell myself I'm doing a great job.
Speaker 3: But I can totally see everything.
Speaker 2: Like I said, started to say, I can totally see everything. My eyes changed, the light in my eyes changed, the reflection, the my complexion, everything starts to shift.
Speaker 3: Things are starting to change.
Speaker 2: Just by It's like just by taking that time to acknowledge yourself. And I'm saying this now because I'm kind of surprised too, because I have noticed these things and it's like, that's all it took. Was that's that's self love. That's like, that's part of it. I mean, that's one of the one of the pieces of it. But us being at eble to even look at yourself in the mirror. We're talking to it Gal yesterday that she would be talking and she'd look, you know, look up in a way, and it's like, I remember those days.
Speaker 3: And I even told her about I said.
Speaker 2: Hey, I went through this retreat one time, and I said it really it really changed a lot of things because I said, we had to sit with our knees touching someone else and sit across from a person touching their face looking him in the eyes the whole time. And that was not a process for me. That was not my pattern, because my pattern was to look away, don't look into don't look into their eyes for too long, You're gonna die. I don't know what I was thinking, but it's I tried to avoid a lot of those things.
Speaker 3: So, yeah, it's really been a journey.
Speaker 1: Well, and now we go back and look at all those experiences where those people were not cheering us on. First of all, they didn't know how to right. They're all trying to figure life out too, and how to raise children, and nobody gets the playbook on that. But in that we have learned how to do it ourselves. And so instead of trying to rely on other people to cheer us on, we learned to do it ourselves self acceptance, and when somebody is cheering you on, somebody does give you kudos. Somebody says, hey, you are doing a good job, or or hey, I like the way when somebody compliments you. Typically, even to these days, I've reached higher milestones and I have been receiving awards and stuff, and people are coming up and congratulating me and all this, and still inside me, I feel the discomfort of receiving those compliments. And that's what we do, right. We might cheer ourselves on, but when somebody outside of us reflects that too and and compliments us and cheers us on, we don't know how to receive it from other people because we didn't have it before in our life. That is a pattern. Now it's okay for me to do it, just like it was okay for me to beat myself up and put myself down. But when somebody outside of me, a friend, a coworker, a family member, a spouse, a child, compliments me or says something negative about me, it's not okay. Right. We push it away. We're like, you can't do that. That's not comfortable. I don't know what that But internally, what our system or subconscious mind and our body is saying is we're not used to this. We're not used to being acknowledged for good things. We're not used to having somebody see us for the things that we are doing that are good, right, because we always got in trouble, and now somebody seeing us for something that we're doing good, and we still don't know how to receive that compliment. So it is it's it's again, it's unlearning the way we've been learning a new process. Learning to receive is huge. A compliment is a receiving, a receiving of a gift. A compliment is a gift. And so learning to receive the gifts and be okay with that, to receive with gratitude instead of push it away and oh no, it's okay. Oh you didn't have to say that. Oh thanks, But these are the things that we typically do because it's uncomfortable to our system and I like our parasympathetic nervous system. It's uncomfortable. We don't know how to be in that space of receiving compliments and and and so it's like, okay, well you practice in the mirror by being your own cheerleader. And when you are focused on that, when you are focused on when I am focused on the things that I see in myself that are great qualities, good behaviors, whatever we want to title them, then people outside of us will start reflecting that too, and they see that stuff within you and they voice it to you, and it's a like a validation or confirmation of what you're seeing in yourself. So it's like, yes, of course they're going to see that in you because you see it in you. And so now you're training yourself to treat yourself in a better way, which means that people outside of you are gonna do the same thing. They're gonna mirror your behavior towards yourself. That is what we do. It's an energetic manifestation, and we attract the people to see what we see within ourselves. So if you are putting yourself down in your thoughts and you're beating yourself up for things that you've done and do it, of course people are going to show up to tell you those same things. You're a piece of shit, you're worthless, you're dumb, you're an idiot. Like, they're going to show up and say the same things. But it's not okay that they do it because they don't have the right to do that. Well, they are mirroring what you're doing to yourself. This is what we do for each other.
Speaker 3: That's right.
Speaker 2: So back to the gratitude, Thank you, gay, I've got goosebumps on that. So yeah, I'm in agreeance with it as well. It rings this truth for.
Speaker 1: Me, and it's it's a reminder for myself as well, because inside, you know, I've recently received a prestigious award and afterwards, people are coming up to me saying, congratulations. Your speech resonated with me. I I appreciate the things that you like. I'm just like, this is unfamiliar territory for me. I've not ever been in this position before, and now I have to program my system, my parasympathetic nervous system to be to feel safe and okay, that's on me. Yeah, And it's and when you're doing things that are unfamiliar, your body is reacting in ways that you're like, what is happening right now? I don't know right well?
Speaker 2: And am trying to process it with the old patterns right with those with these new feelings, and there's like the new feelings are you can't process it with the old patterns.
Speaker 3: It doesn't work right.
Speaker 1: And you have to learn to train yourself to say, and I do this on a regular basis. I am okay, and I am safe even with things that are good. People complimenting me is good, it's good. I just am learning to receive it in a different way. So I have to train myself. I have to program myself that this is a space to be okay in and be safe. Yeah, you know what we are such I say at all the time. We are interesting creatures. We are so interesting, and you gotta just learn to know. You gotta learn the operations. No different than a computer. The computer has back ends, right, the cookies, the cash, the programs that are running in the background, like, it has all these things. And if you don't know about them, or you don't know how to clear it up or do it, then your computer goes all wonky, it slows down, it you get you get malware, you get all these things. Like things happen if you don't know the system or you don't get somebody to help you with your system. And that's what we are. Only we're human. We are so like a computer system. We're so in parallel with a computer system. And when when you get frustrated with your computer or it's working dynamically and the internet's great and all the things, recognize how you see that within yourself it's the same. But the thing is, we can change our programming, we can change our systems.
Speaker 3: But we have to do that.
Speaker 2: That's one hundred percent. And I do think that we are quite similar as computers. And I have recently even thought about, oh, mustle downloaded the virus?
Speaker 3: You know what I mean.
Speaker 2: It's because we get around people and we don't recognize how much we can kind of settle into their energy and then we bring it home with us, we walk around with it, and so we don't recognize that. But it is it's the same thing. So when you said that, I was like, that's right. I mean, I just probably the last couple of weeks had.
Speaker 3: Recognized the viruses.
Speaker 2: I never thought about the viruses before, but I thought about defragmentation and you know, having to go in and clean up the system because it's you got files laying all over the place, and you can see that externally in your house, you know, you can see it. It's you're outside. Is the reflection of the inside, Like you said, the people that show up. How you're talking to yourself now, it's making me want to go like every day being the mirror. Like you're doing such a great job.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 2: The thing is we've what my mind has just kind of showed me is we've seen like movies and stuff like that of the guy the person doing the cellf help book, You're amazing, You're awesome, and then some other people being liked all the ego, you're freaking awesome, and you know, walking through all.
Speaker 3: Pompous and stuff like that. That's what kind of what flashes in my head.
Speaker 2: And it's like, that's not even the true story, not for me, not coming from that space, but it's that's a pattern. There's a thing a thought there that thinks, oh, well, if I'm doing that, then I'm coming from my ego, and it's like it's not ego, you know by how it feels.
Speaker 3: So when you're in that mirror and cheering yourself on.
Speaker 2: For the day, like, man, you did such, you did so many great things today and and yesterday, and you've talked about it before, you know, reflecting on the things that you've done that were good throughout the day. And I've seen these videos talking to kids like tell me the great things that happen today. Because I'm even recognizing within my own family some of the little ones might be more on the negative side of and I say negative side, noticing the things that don't feel good all day long.
Speaker 3: I'm like, oh, you're all smiling and great, you are you happy right now?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: But such and such did this already at the age of seven. So it's like there's there's things, and so it's opportunities to show up for me to recognize how that why it's shown it for me, what can I do with this information, and then being able to kind of mirror back, you know, different information or give a different template, new patterns to the little ones that are around me, so they don't have to carry this stuff, or at least they have because they have an option.
Speaker 3: They have the choice. They can either do it or don't do it.
Speaker 2: So when they're around, I just constantly reiterate in the way that I show up so that they can learn and do and be different. It's their choice, just like it's my choice. And I realize, even being the adult that has raised children that I thought I had control over that.
Speaker 3: I never did.
Speaker 2: I recognize I don't have control over them either. All I can do is be the best version of myself that shows up every time.
Speaker 3: That's it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and I'll tell you afterwards. So after I received this one particular award recently, I've I've been in the practice of receiving the main practice of receiving is saying thank you, right, And so even in that experience of the award, people coming up to me.
Speaker 2: I.
Speaker 1: Felt my body kind of freeze, like, oh, and I would say thank you, genuinely say thank you, but my body was like this is not familiar, and and I would I just I said thank you, because that's all I could do in that moment. Then later, because I talked about a part of my speech was in receiving this award was I talked about how I didn't want to be on this planet. Not in those words, but I talked about that, and people coming up to say thank or to congratulate me and say your speech resonated with me, or I enjoyed your speech. All as I could do in that moment was say thank you. Because I was in unfamiliar territory. This is new to me. So then later what I started thinking was, you know, you're pretty rude. You could have said, oh, what part of your speech resonated with you and created a conversation, got to know this person and connected I am in unfamiliar territory. I don't know how to be that person yet, but now that I have recognized so it the experience happened, I thought about it later, and now when it happens again, if I'm in that kind of an experience, now I'll remember connect, say thank you, and connect.
Speaker 3: Right.
Speaker 1: Each time it's a step, and each time I get better. That's what my entire life has been about. Okay, you got to practice this for a while till you get good at it, and then what's the next step. Well, the next step is going to be create dialogue community Kate. Connect with the person who is approaching me. If I don't know what, I don't know, and if I don't feel safe, I'm only going to do what it's gonna keep me safe in that moment.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: And so when and I don't know what these people think of me, you know, they come up and maybe they're trying to connect with me, and all as I can say is thank you, and they might have walked away thought, wow, she's not very personal. You know, I don't know. They could have I don't They may not. I don't know, but the fact that if they did, they're not in my body to know what I'm experiencing in that moment to even be able to say thank you.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: But it's also recognizing at the same time that could have been all that person could have handled was exactly what you said, right, because there was nothing wrong. Because sometimes people maybe it was enough for that person to even be able to come up and say what you saidd with me, So that might have been the biggest part that needed to happen at that moment. But now you know that you'll do something a little bit different, you know, from that perspective, from a growing perspective, but everything as exactly as it should be.
Speaker 1: Yes, And coming back around that, I can still be a cheerleader for myself to even have shown up in that space, to have that experience and have these people come up to me and compliment me and receive an award in front of like a hundred people. You know, it's like you're learning and you're growing. Be proud of yourself for that. So those maybe they may seem like to you or the audience little steps, to me, it was a ginormous step, you know. So it's like perspective, ye, And it's not for the people outside of me to decide what that moment was like. It's for me to be like, girl, you did a great job. Good for you. You showed up, you gave a speech. You know, you receive compliments, you said thank you, like I did all those things the best I could in that moment. And and what I'm and I'm I'm saying these things because I want other people to recognize that in your in your experience, you could be making huge steps. You got to cheer yourself on. It doesn't matter what other people are thinking or saying, right, it's your experience and if you whether they're tiny, eaty bit steps or their ginormous steps, you have to cheer yourself on for the steps that you're taking and the and the for the direction that you're deciding to move in.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's so awesome because you're cheering yourself on in the mirror and then you're getting cheered on on the outside. So it's exactly what you were saying earlier. It's a match to the energy, it's a match to what you're putting out to the world. It's a match to how you're treating yourself. It's all those things and how it's shown up for you.
Speaker 1: And I know, right, and I'm an introvert by nature, so these are these are huge steps for an introvert somebody who's an extrovert, they need to be like, oh, and they're just talk and they'll just do all the things and things make us look so easy. But an introvert not so easy. We got a lot of training to do within ourselves to be that people person. In public, we're good one on one, we're good in private, but when you put us in a group or in front of people or the center of attention, that's uncharted territory, and we're not comfortable. And so these are for me to even be where I'm at is those that's ginormous. That's like ginormous for me. And and people see me who I am today, They didn't see me who I was ten twenty thirty forty years ago. So I only know my journey, and I only know the the hurdles and things that I've accomplished and came over and went through and all the things. Right, I know that everybody else doesn't know that about me. Even the people who think they know me don't know. Yeah, So I want the audience to know that too. People don't know your story. People don't know the things that you've gone through mentally, emotionally, physically, spiritually. They don't know your story, and it doesn't matter how much you try to explain your story to somebody, they still will not get it. They will still not have ever been in your body to have those experiences. It's like trying to explain a wild dream to somebody and there's no words to explain it. It's like people have had near death experiences. They and the colors that they see and the experience that they had. There's no words to explain it in a way that would be as meaningful and touch you the way it touches them or the way it affected their life. There's there. They can't there's no explanation for it in the human words. And so it's the same with your own journey. Nobody will ever ever ever understand. They may be similar, like Bev and I have similarities, Yeah, and we can, we can. We can understand each other because of our similarities, but neither one of us have had the exact same experiences.
Speaker 3: That's true.
Speaker 2: There's no way, it's not possible, right, Otherwise I'd have to be you, you'd have to be me.
Speaker 3: There's I mean, it's just not I mean experience. Yeah, we'll have.
Speaker 1: To rewind and switch. I don't know how would that work.
Speaker 2: I don't even know, because that would mean we'd have to be living someone else's life the whole time and never live our lives, even though I feel like in a lot of ways we probably growing up being the chameleons, probably have lived a lot of other people's lives. Yeah, and not with our own life.
Speaker 1: Yeah right, So be your own cheerleader. Don't expect other people to do it for you, and keep reminding yourself that in this moment, I am safe and I am okay, and keep doing your best.
Speaker 3: Absolutely.
Speaker 1: Yeah. So with that, friends, other people are thinking these things, having these conversations, probably in private. If you're an introvert and you know, be resourceful. If these videos, content of us, other teachers, speakers, influencers are making a positive impact on your life, then share it. Be resourceful. You can find us on Facebook, Instagram, TikTok, Spreaker, Spotify, podcast, attic, and YouTube. So we are in many places. We are. We're I feel like we're almost omnipresent. What do you think.
Speaker 3: I mean when you narrow it all down? Yes, exactly, all.
Speaker 1: Right, friends, thanks for hanging out with us. Teach time with Amy and babb, but we'll see you next time.
Speaker 3: Bye.