Speaker 1: Hey, you out there there. I want some I want some co hosts who actually you can tell that they actually have some type of chemistry going on.
Speaker 2: Heye, cloud chasing, that's cool.
Speaker 1: I actually got something in mind for you. So keep lessening. You'll find out.
Speaker 2: This is touchdowns and tangents your Weekly Spot or NFL thanks, culturally concise tangents and in context for the coaches. What's up? What's up? Good people? Uh? That's weird or is it you?
Speaker 1: Hear me? H?
Speaker 3: Your miic is not working? This is a touchdowns to chance everybody. I'm a Kenneth Barry and it's draft night. And even though I called I literally predicted like seventy the first round, Oh my levels messed up. That's what it was.
Speaker 2: Bad. There you go. But yeah, man, uh, well we're not really live, but we're kind of live. Uh, just fresh off the draft, wrapping up, first rounds over, We got all the reaction, We got some stuff to look forward to tomorrow in the next couple of days. Yeah, overall, Kenny, you can turn.
Speaker 1: Winner levels down a little bit. You're kind of high.
Speaker 2: I'm the same as you.
Speaker 3: I her feedback you talk or were you just sitting back when you said that. Okay, anyways, all right, whatever, Yeah, NFL Draft been interviewing on a lot of these guys.
Speaker 2: Someone in the first round. Okay, no, I would have asked you. I'm just saying, like, what from the first day of the draft is kind of the stiling. What was the headline?
Speaker 3: They all come from really good families, no trauma porn here. I was refreshing, Like it's as a journalist, it really is all about the questions you ask. And if all you can say is this person's mom smoked crack and kick like kick drug addition, after twenty years they did Tea Higgins.
Speaker 2: So dirty, maybe this is the reflection of there being more money and opportunity around these kids, or maybe they're just tired of, you know, perpetuating the same stereotypes, or maybe everyone really just came from a good background this first round draft.
Speaker 3: Gu I mean, like there are people who came from hard backgrounds, Like there are stories, but it's like you don't focus on like, oh, yeah, their father wasn't there, or they're anti smoked crack and their grandmother had to.
Speaker 1: Take care of them.
Speaker 3: Like when you just celebrate the person being drafted and the people who are happy.
Speaker 2: But honestly, I don't think I've really watched the main draft broadcast like that in a while. I think usually I just react to it on my phone or it's just on in the background when we're recording or at a bar or something. But yeah, I don't know. I kind of don't pay that much attention to it anymore. For me, I think the combine is more that kind of introduction the storylines. I'm just glad it was.
Speaker 1: Positive this year, and I mean there were a couple of trades.
Speaker 3: But uh, you know, I think when it comes down to it, I think everybody got what they needed in this first round. This might be one of the few first rounds where there weren't a lot of reaches.
Speaker 2: Yeah, for me, I think it's all about the trades. I mean, when you talk about the top of the draft, Jacksonville getting up to number two, I mean there's no there's no excuses for Trevor Lawrence. Now now you have to produce. You're on notice. Like we got to another weapon, we traded up to get it. There's excitement around the organization again. Okay, now it's your time to tie everything together. Because you've gotten you've helped us get to the playoffs. You got paid and you got everything around you, so there's no excuse. And then at the back end of the draft too, I mean seeing the Chiefs and Eagles swap places. I mean essentially two of the best teams in the entire league literally just played in the Super Bowl, played in two of the last three Super Bowls, and both got better, and they both were able to get players that easily could have went in the top half of the draft. They got guys where if they would have went, you know, seventeen, eighteen, nineteen twenty, you would have said, oh, that's a good value, you know, And they were able to get them at thirty two. And the fact that they i mean not coerce, but coordinated a swap like that, knowing they're both bitter rivals, knowing they're both going to get exactly who they want. That's crazy to me. But that's why they're the class of the league, because they got the brass and the balls, and they know how to make a move like that, and they're willing to put Eagles and you know, bullshit and old money and fucking pettiness and whatever aside. And it was good for football. It was good for their business. So for me, yeah, man, I think the trades were really interesting. I mean, even the Rams they traded back in the middle of the twenties, the Giants jumped in front of them to get Jackson Dart. So to me, I mean, that's the thing. You know that the Rams had their sights set on Jackson Dart because why else would you trade up and get him, Because none of these other teams after that, we're gonna take him.
Speaker 1: I think that's why you trade back into the second.
Speaker 2: Round unless the Rams, unless they knew the Rams were going to trade back to someone else to get Jackson Dart. But either way, Jackson Dart was clearly, as you called it like a year ago, was gonna go in the first round two years ago and the second quarterback, which a lot of people did not expect, which brings us to the next kind of big storyline which which I've been developing. But as Shador Sanders fell out of the first round overall, man, I think it's hard for me to say he's not a first round talent. But I think with this draft class, we talked about it over the coming weeks, but it's like four through you know, fifty, you could have ranked in a thousand different ways, just depending on what kind of scheme you're running, depending on what kind of trades you like, et cetera. So well, it's like, yeah, I feel kind of bad for Shoud because it's like, man, the league really just kind of coerced and turned the turt the tides against him, like they pretty much just gate gate kept him and said, you know, we're not gonna let you into our first round club, like because we don't have to, because your dad is too disrupted. He's always been too disruptive. That's what I feel like happened. But at the same time, it's like, no, I mean, Trador could have easily went in the second round in any other draft. It's just this draft four through forty were so close that you could make the argument for him to be in the top five, top ten, top twenty. And then Will Johnson falling that was a huge surprise. I mean, that was something else you had talked about. But I remember asking you, do you think he followed the second round. You're like, no, there's no way, And here it is, We're going to day two. Will Johnson saill on the board one of the best corners in the last couple of years, has some injury history, but it was deemed next up by Charles Woodson and kind of underwhelmed with some of his physical traits, but overall just real you know, press press corner and you need that in the league. So it's surprising to me that he fell in the second I.
Speaker 3: Mean, it's crazy that Will Johnson and Milwell were the last two left in the green room.
Speaker 2: Will Johnson really like milro I mean he kind of did that too.
Speaker 3: You should have never should don't don't go fly all the way out to Wisconsin and then that's embarrassing, bro.
Speaker 2: I wouldn't.
Speaker 3: I would have been at home with my family, Like, who's who was realistically gonna take him in the first round.
Speaker 1: That's what happens when that's.
Speaker 2: What happens when you listen to your agent and your dad and your mom and you don't have people around you that can be real with you, like.
Speaker 3: Hey, dog, you should have went back to college for that last year and become a better passer and then showed up at the combine running a four three forty being able to blew everybody away. But uh yeah, Will Johnson just comes down to his knee injury and then his tape. People are like, oh, yeah, attack all he's kind of stiff, and I'm like, oh, he literally was locking up everybody when he came back to play. He has the most pick six is in Michigan history. That's not accidental. So I think just if his knee's not healthy and he didn't run a forty, he kind of did some light workouts at his position drill when he worked out a couple weeks ago. So my thing is, I just think teams are like, we can get him in the second round since his knees, his knee might be messed up, or his knee is whatever. I think that's kind of where you go to because that's the only real reason why he don't have character issues. You say, oh, he can't tap. I'm like, he played at Michigan. There's plenty of film where he lit people up. You can teach, you know, really sorry.
Speaker 2: The other thing with that winning, Yeah, But the other thing is when you play on defense like that, like you're only going to get so many opportunities.
Speaker 1: He was seen as the top five pick, bro.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you was seen as the top corner, top five taken the consensus top five pick to out of the first round completely. And then Josh Simmons, who tours Pateller Tendon and only played six games this year, was a right tackle on San Diego State from San Diego. By the way, again another Cali first round pick. I just want to point that out. Boy. They keep telling us California is not a factor, but you get all your talent from Cali.
Speaker 1: Interesting, didn't exave your records like a super.
Speaker 3: Bowl records and touchdowns in the Super Bowl and appreciate he's from Fresno. But oh yeah, anyway, yeah, milroeuld have stayed at home. I mean, he's gonna have a fall because if Cleveland don't get him, and he's not gonna play in Cleveland's not playing. If if Chador doesn't go to the Raiders or the Browns, that's another steep fall, my friend. And he's like apparently the only person in NFL history to have his jersey retired and then not go in the first round. He got his jersey retired at Colorado on.
Speaker 2: But you see, that's why it's like it's it's hard to like root against him and it's hard to root for him at the same time, it's like your dad. Damn, your dad does stup to you. That's not really your fault, but it's like, you don't run away from me either.
Speaker 3: They're gonna pay. You're gonna get arrows because of who your father is. Yeah, because they could. They hated your father so much that like, you can't hate Shiloh.
Speaker 2: He might not even get drafted. Most likely, from the looks of how it's going, he's probably not getting.
Speaker 1: Drafted at all. Might get a camp.
Speaker 2: Because if your door is not not going in the first round and Shiloh is probably.
Speaker 3: The DFA, he might get a campign fight, That's what I said. You might get a camping and hopefully if it's like a Dallas one, hopefully it's something in Texas. But yeah, when it just comes down to it, Simmons would have been a top five pick if he wasn't hurt. You would have actually been the top offensive tackle offensive lineman in the draft if he didn't get injured. People are just saying, well, mentally he might. No, he doesn't always lock in. Well, you can, you can fix that.
Speaker 2: If he's going.
Speaker 3: He went from San Diego State to Ohio State, earned the starting job only gave up one sack in two years. That has to stand for something. And if his knee can get healthy, same with Jaha Campbell. Jeha Campbell got surgery for a torn labor m and he's gonna be fully healthy by the.
Speaker 1: Time training camp rolls around.
Speaker 3: So if he's healthy, you literally just got a top ten pick caliber player at thirty one and thirty two. So really, I think everybody who went in the first round like this was probably one of the most accurate and surreal drafts probably in a while.
Speaker 1: Because of the Pope died at like eighty eight.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I repeat to the only one but one thing you didn't talk and it was something that you've been saying for a while, So that's why I'm surprised you can't talk about It was just the amount of linemen that went in this draft. Ten defensive tackles and then there was about five tackles too, right, it was.
Speaker 1: Like ten offensive linemen maybe eleven.
Speaker 3: But yeah, man, talk talk about that all right. So first it was Will Campbell and fourth of the Patriots. Everybody knew that Rabel fell in love with him. He just screams Patriot, so it just made sense that and they said, like, if his arms aren't you long enough, he can bump down the guard.
Speaker 1: Will Campbell can play.
Speaker 3: Football at an elite level, So whether it's a left tackle or guard, he'll be fine.
Speaker 1: Then you had, uh was it, membi?
Speaker 3: The missoo tackle went next to the Saints, I mean to the Jets. To the Jets at seven. Yeah, that's perfect, great, fastest line than the draft, perfect, same height as uh, Jason Peters practically same forty times four nine one and tested great, great athleticism, elite right tackle. When you get an elite athletic right tackle, that's worth a top ten pick, like with Jack Conklin before the knee injuries. And you know Ryan Ramcheck who had to retire, who was an elite He was literally like he literally came from a D three school, went to Wisconsin. There was an All Pro every year of his career that he wasn't injured, which is kind of crazy, and then he just retired. That's sad. That's just crazy though. Switch to Ryan Ramcheck. But yeah. So the third tackle off the board was Kelvin Banks out of Texas.
Speaker 1: He's the first Texas.
Speaker 3: Lineman to go in the first round since Mike Williams and that was over like twenty five years ago. Actually that was two thousand and one. Yeah, only someone like me would know some shit like that, long memory. I didn't even need a database for that one. I played so much mad and that I just logged the hours. And yeah, Mike Williams was the second overall pick when he came out. I don't want to say two thousand and one and two thousand and two. Yeah, that's the last time Texas had an offensive tackle go in the first round. The streak is over. So Kevin Banks went ninth to the Saints. Now they can move their Oregon State tackle back to right tackle. Trevor Penning was the first round pick out of Northern in Iowa. Didn't get his fifth year option renewed. I could see him asking for a trade. Honestly, bro, what the fuck are.
Speaker 2: You talking about? You're talking about seven different things except for the thing I want to I'm tying in.
Speaker 1: I'm saying how important off the line?
Speaker 3: I like, they literally took they already had a left tackle, and then they took fucking Kelvin Banks and their tackle who they took in the top ten last year from Morgan State. They're gonna move him back to right tackle, where he's originally great at. And then after him, it was, uh, dammit, I cate forgetting their names.
Speaker 1: Pull the thrower for me real quick.
Speaker 3: You're talking about the lineman drafted. So I'm forgeting. I'm spacing on names. I forget to win.
Speaker 2: Next. I don't even know where you're at.
Speaker 1: I'm at nine.
Speaker 2: And they had, honestly the Cooper Tyler Booker from Alabama.
Speaker 3: Yeah, the Cowboys, he went twelve, he was a guard. He went twelve overall, which was great. Tyler Warren, the tied end of Penn State ended up going to uh, the Colts, which is actually perfect. I'm just saying that because he's a.
Speaker 2: D And then the last one was the last two where Josh Connerley with the Commanders at twenty nine and then at thirty two. Josh Simmons. Flicker was another guy.
Speaker 3: Oh Zabel Graysabel Seahawks, Yeah, seventeen or eighteen eighteen. Also, I also interviewed him, sweet U. He went to North Dakota State. Actually he's probably gonna play center. So what that's like eight offensive women?
Speaker 2: There's two more. I'm forgetting. Oh, Donovan Jackson guard.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they go for the vikings. See, and then there was another guy. Booker was the first guard. Donovan Jackson went Jackson was the third guard because they will win after that. Yeah, there's eight eight, Well those enough.
Speaker 1: I thought those ten. That's crazy though.
Speaker 2: Like that's yeah, there's eight, so talk about that.
Speaker 3: I mean, this is a very elite class just based on the type.
Speaker 1: I mean the Miszoo.
Speaker 3: A lot of these guys only gave up one or two sacks in their whole career, so I feel like it's a really great scheme fit. And then if we want to talk tight ends, let's talk tight ends. Because Cooper Lovelace out of Michigan wasn't supposed to be the first tight end taken. He ain't run a forty, so nobody really knows what he runs. But he's like a he's a smoother route runner. And Tyler Warren. Tyler Warren's like George Kittle if you know he was running wild Cat like it's it's kind of crazy. But Lovelace went tenth overall to the Bears, which for Ben Johnson, I get, you know you got Tyler, you got you already got your tight end. Who came out of.
Speaker 1: Notre Dame, who's a baller, and you paid him already.
Speaker 3: Then you got Lovelace, you got DJ Moore, you got romadons A, and then you got Swift and Roshawn Johnson. So I'm surprised they they didn't go offensive line. That actually kind of surprised me. I thought they would have went Tyler Brooker honestly because Joe Thuney can technically play left tackle. But uh, that's that's kind of interesting to see just like how that played out, like the offensive line and the tight ends, like they all went to the perfect Like you couldn't actually a better situation for every last one of those prospects as far as the whole line goes slash tight end.
Speaker 2: Yeah. And I think defensively, there were like five defensive tackles that were selected. I mean you also kind of talked about how there's a bunch of d linemen depth in this draft, how there's a bunch of guy that runs for seven, and that was reflected in this draft, like teams are trying to build up front. I think the Eagles really showed the blueprint. I mean, that's really why it's really what got them over the Hump was a good running game and a great defensive line, and not just that, but like the way they dominated the trenches. I think teams took note of that. And this is a copycat league. Like if one team shows a formula that that's damn near fool proof, guess what everyone else is gonna try to emplay it. So yeah, I mean you talked, you talked a lot. Just going back to d tackles, I mean you talked a lot about Mason Graham. Some people had him falling, some people had him as like a campus prospect. Some people were talking shits, hey, he can't play ball. Some people were just saying he's one of the best defensive tackles in a long time. So what do you think about Graham kind of going to the Browns and five.
Speaker 3: I think he's a dog which is ironic because you know dog pound. I think it's great for Cleveland because they got more.
Speaker 2: Picks and they they haven't had. They got Garrett help and they were able to get more picks.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and they're gonna be picking very low.
Speaker 3: I think they could easily get your door in the second round because they need to have like three picks in the top whatever. I think they have like the second or third. I think they have the.
Speaker 1: The second or third pick in the second round.
Speaker 2: So they have the first in the third, the first in the second, and then they have the fourth in the second. Yeah, so they could easily get your door. Still they quarterback.
Speaker 3: They can just let me take Will Johnson. Let me take your door, and then take Will Johnson takes your door, and then take Will Johnson either one.
Speaker 2: And they have two rounds in the third with number ninety four and number sixty seven.
Speaker 3: And they're still great offensive tackle prospects in this class. It just weren't gonna be first round picks like the Minnesota tackle well pretty much just when it comes down to it, Like.
Speaker 1: I think the Jackson Dark.
Speaker 3: Situation kind of just solidified the board for quarterbacks.
Speaker 1: In this draft.
Speaker 3: I think your door is probably going to be the only one that goes in the second around. Truthfully, mil Roll is probably gonna slide to like the fourth or the fifth.
Speaker 1: I just don't see it.
Speaker 3: So and then there's also a ton of running backs left, Like the Chargers got the perfect running back and Hampton out of North Carolina, like they just signed you know, back then to play guard next to Joe Ault, who would be a left tackle on literally thirty one other teams. He would be your starting left tackle, like outside of you know, some all pro playing, but like he's that great and he's playing right tackle. So it's kind of crazy just when you look at how everything's kind of swayed out. The trenches were definitely a big aspect of this draft. I feel like outside of the big skill player names, people were taking down as many lineman as they could.
Speaker 2: Perfect. Uh segue here with that you mentioned skill players and Ashta Genty landed with the Raiders. Raiders finally have a legitimate running back once again.
Speaker 3: Best running back since Dann mac fadden. I'm just gonna say it now. He was better than the tap in college.
Speaker 2: I mean, obviously we talked about him all year due to our bias with Boise State, and we've really been talking about him for two I'm not.
Speaker 1: Gonna call it bias. I'm just gonna I've been.
Speaker 3: Talking about it for him for two years in depth knowledge and three years I watched this whole.
Speaker 2: The fact that now he's was basically our favorite professional team just feels a full moment. Uh. People, we have been comparing him to Maury Shows Drew to Adrian Peterson's Kawan Barkley just in terms of impact l And I think if he could made that sort of impact, that'd be great, That'd be awesome. But I think more so than anything, this Raider team really needed an identity, and I think you know what that is. Now. It's gonna start with gent and you're gonna have Geno push the ball when he needs to and force the ball to Bowers and Mayors on third down and second down and short like the formula is right in front of you. Now, just have to go out the next cute And I feel like, for the first time in a lone time, the Silver and Black not only have the players in the uniform that are competent enough to go out there and compete every Sunday, but there's people up top finally getting out of their own way and finally making the right decisions.
Speaker 3: Taking Gent means that teams actually have to respect the Raiders' offense. I don't think people respect that the Raiders offense in a very long time.
Speaker 2: You don't have to run some gimmicky, you know, rub inside out double move to ju Kobe Myers to get seven yards. You know you can run the ball and get five yards and every down stay ahead of the chains and oh yeah, you can throw them swing pass or a bubble screen or whatever out of the backfield.
Speaker 3: Are we actually going to see a screen round effectively? Since you know the last time were running screens to Brandon Bolden. I don't forget the North remembers the South too and the East Bay, but m.
Speaker 2: I think this is the.
Speaker 3: First time all three teams in the division have to be like, okay, we got to put in our big boy pads to play the Raiders offense.
Speaker 1: There's gonna be a problem.
Speaker 3: And Jadkins and a bunch of other running backs fell out.
Speaker 2: Still are still on the board. So a team like Cleveland can still even get a first round gradable running back if they want to.
Speaker 3: Running back and Will Johnson and then trade back up to get Edwards is still on the board.
Speaker 2: A dude from Virginia and Tech who's big as fucking runs a four fours on the board. Yeah, all right, Moving to the Chargers, they also took a running back out of North Carolina. Pick you really liked at the time, Obario on Hampton.
Speaker 1: Probably a faster Joe Nixon better vision.
Speaker 2: I mean, that's exactly what they needed, right.
Speaker 3: Home run hitter out of one guy, and he's a rookie. And now we're like, you didn't they could have got Matthew Golden.
Speaker 2: We know what the we know what the Chargers can do with the scrap heat that running back. Now, let's see what they can do with a guy who's young, who's hungry, and and doesn't have a bunch of trade on the tires.
Speaker 3: I mean he has, He's had thirty three hundred rushing yards the last two years of college.
Speaker 2: I mean in terms of NFL. Oh yeah, well.
Speaker 3: Yeah, for Hampton, he's the only player in North Carolina history to have back to back fifteen hundred yards plus rushing seasons, the only one. He's literally the greatest running back in school history for basing off all the metrics, it's him.
Speaker 2: And so.
Speaker 3: When you just look at what the Chargers already have, I mean, yeah, they definitely need to get a tight end in this draft. That's that's really all that they're left missing. There's a tight end, and you can get that.
Speaker 1: There's some left arroyo out of Miami.
Speaker 2: There's plenty of depth in this tight end class. You can find it done in the for sure.
Speaker 3: So it's kind of just like, you know, whoever whoever comes and plays the NAMEC West team, it's not gonna be a fun time for you because I mean, yeah, the Broncos got Johnny bar in the corner of the Texas, which is crazy. I'm surprised he fell. I'm really surprised he fell. I thought Miami was for sure gonna take him because Jayalen Ramsey. It's not looking great. Packers got Matthew Golden. Literally, they broke the they broke the streak. They haven't drafted a receiver in the first rounds in two thousand and two, which was actually the same exact draft slot. It was twenty second overall in this case, it was yeah, twenty second and twenty twenty third. He was twenty third. But in two thousand and two that took Robert Ferguson out of Texas A and M. I think he was maybe twenty.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 3: I forget I played a lot of Madden as a kid, But yeah, they took Golden out of Texas four to nine, five eleven. He kind of impacts the passing game in the return game, not quite like Percy Harvin, but in terms of just how he gets vertical, it's similar to Percy Harpy, where like he makes great contested catches to be five to eleven, he makes like.
Speaker 1: Number one receiver catches.
Speaker 3: And it's funny that, you know, Josh Jacobs talking about how the team is a number number one receiver. Boom, you get the receiver out of Texas and now you look, I mean, yeah, Christian Walkins is the Torny acl but you look at that roster. It's like, yeah, Jordan Love has to take the next step. Now they finally got him a receiver in the first round. Aaron Rodgers is probably somewhere crying, here's your joy and maybe a little bit of bitterness. Brett Favis just probably like, son of a bitch. I never had one of those in the first round. I'm kidding, you had Sterling Shepherd.
Speaker 2: Bro.
Speaker 3: But yeah, when it comes down to it, great draft, great first round.
Speaker 2: Okay, are you we done talking about it? No? I mean, why are you rapping with chow fodder with great sports talk radio.
Speaker 3: I mean we ran through all the linemen, so we're pretty much in like the last seven of the draft.
Speaker 1: Bro, Like what you're talking about.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so I talked a little bit about the Seahawus that to example, I mean, he's a verst of guy fits what they want to do. But yeah, the Niners they took Michael Williams out of Georgia at eleven, gambling on an edgresser.
Speaker 3: Once again, they can't because you missed on Drake Johnson and you can't really afford. Now the Falcons is getting Jalen Walker, who was only six to one. But the linebacker, you mean James pears No, they they got James. They got Jalen Walker at fifteen, and they traded with the Rams for the twenty sixth overall spot to take James Pearce Junior, who ran a four to four to six at the combine.
Speaker 2: So yeah, they pretty much reinvented their whole bass.
Speaker 1: They fixed their front seven even.
Speaker 3: I mean there's a bunch of nose tackles so they can get guys to play certain petition on that D line. They drafted guys last year, so it's like got piddicks, you got receivers, you got a runner back, you got to tie end, you got offensive line, you got most of a defense, and they go edge rusher, which was their biggest need. And it's crazy because unlike the Bleach Report Draft Track when they talked about how like in the last ten years, the Falcons are the only team to not have I think, what three hundred or a hundred sacks, three hundred sacks in ten years and the only franchise would have that. They haven't had a real pass rusher since John Abraham retired, which is true. Everybody else has been in the trade or rental. I mean then Vic Beasley had that one great year where he had sixteen and a half sacks.
Speaker 1: And then it was over, So I mean yeah.
Speaker 2: Another pick that you liked at the time was Georgia safety Mond car Storics. The Bravens called it.
Speaker 3: I literally called it like seven picks before it happened when this draft was playing out.
Speaker 1: A lot of like they have that Kyle Hamilton. Yes, you can't just.
Speaker 2: Say you liked that, you liked the pig wouldn't happen.
Speaker 3: I literally was gonna happen before it happened. I called like seventy.
Speaker 2: Called it like to like a pick before two picks before you did not that's like ten minute picks before.
Speaker 1: It's like ten minutes. Bro, you said twelve picks.
Speaker 2: That's like a whole hour difference. Twelve minutes, Bro, that's a whole hour difference. Well, I should was gonna fall. I didn't think he was gonna go high. He's maan a four or five flag. Anyway, So talk about the pick instead of talking about yourself.
Speaker 1: I was talking about myself. I was talking about that.
Speaker 2: You literally were like, yeah, I called the pick twelve picks before, and then we debunked that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, debunk actually because I said it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I said I can't attest to it. I didn't even say you didn't say it. I just said I wasn't there. Maybe you said it when I was in the shower. Then you wanted to double down, and all I was saying was twelve picks is different than twelve minutes.
Speaker 1: I meant twelve minutes.
Speaker 2: Okay, Well, even I said it was gonna happen, it wasn't. It wasn't even like twelve minutes. It was like one pick before, like literally the page TV, the TV timeout for kind of long. Anyway, The bottom line is it's because they needed a true free safety and then you can really just move Kyle Hamilton everywhere because of that.
Speaker 3: So that's just great. They got corners, and Wiggins isn't gonna be in your tube. You already got Humphries on the other side. You've got a bunch of slot corners, backup safeties who can play. You've got linebackers in the front, seven starsistic.
Speaker 1: That's like, thank you, Lamar.
Speaker 3: That's how we're gonna get off field on third down against the Chiefs. It's a safety out of Georgia's gotta make a play, get us off the field.
Speaker 2: And Maxwell Harston corner out of Kentucky to the Bills was another pick that you predated, like a pick before she got.
Speaker 1: His own clothing line, which was which was late.
Speaker 3: It was drippy. So yeah, four two eight speed, big corner. They've been putting out a lot of great talent Mark stoops for the wind, but uh yeah, when it just comes to Buffalo, I think that's the one thing they've been in the gating and neglecting is a corner. They've been trying to get a corner. They've been swinging and missing. But I feel like they finally got a guy who I think is gonna stick and under the tut ledge of Tradevius White who's now back on a one year deal.
Speaker 1: I think he.
Speaker 3: Could make when they play the Chiefs again and he who runs a four to two eight is lined up against xavier' worthy, like they can break even on that matchup. Now it won't be Oh my god, the Bills defense, their dbts are too slow. Darwin Hamlin keeps giving up big plays on the back end, which he kind of did last year, but he was literally dead, so I mean, you kind of gotta give him his props.
Speaker 2: But all right, so we already kind of talked a little bit about it. But beyond traudeor beyond you know, Will Johnson and who's kind of the best available right now? Who's the guy that you're looking to at the top of the second round right now?
Speaker 1: Luther Burden, the second out of Missouri. He was balling.
Speaker 3: He's balling against Ohio State when they played in the Cotton Bowl a couple of years ago.
Speaker 1: He balled out.
Speaker 3: This year, he will be a great option to pair in Tennessee with Calvin Ridley and whoever else they got out there, because I couldn't name you any other Titans receiver past Calvin Ridley and the dude who went to Maryland.
Speaker 2: The African dude with the long name.
Speaker 1: We're in four or five two. The running backs are good.
Speaker 2: He's the number one.
Speaker 3: If you can get Luther Burton, who was supposed to be He was considered a top ten pick too, and he ran a Grade forty, so he's not bad. But if you can put him him in that offense with cam Ward, which talk about an underdog story being a zero star recruit coming out of a wing tea offense. So are you wing ta deniers? You wing tea haters? The number one overall pick came out of a wing tea and then immediately set records that every school he went to set records adding carnate word set records. I Washington State didn't set records in Miami. Ain't got a ship ton of inn il money. Salute to that man. He's the reason Carson Beck is getting paid so much money. Just kind of crazy when you think about it. But hey, so.
Speaker 2: So beyond I mean beyond that, I mean you talked that dude. So far. The headline of the first round has been kind of just the value about the draft. Guys have just been making this solid right pick that as far as value and also need. So at the end of this weekend, what what what? What will the headline of Day two in three B I think a guy like Mike Green? No, I mean, like, what will the overall headline of the draft be? What will be the memorable thing about this is.
Speaker 3: Gonna be one of the This is one of the deepest rounds two through five. It is probably one of the deepest drafts in NFL history in terms of just two through five. Just how many good players are still going to be available? Who any other year, a guy who would probably be a first rounder. So let's flush out out.
Speaker 2: It's going to be aut out a little bit more so, can we say we're going to see the most starters in five years, ten years, twenty years we've seen we want to go Pro Bowlers, we want to go all pros? How how how are you feeling about this?
Speaker 3: I think we're gonna see a record number of corner of like skilled players and mainly like running backs, probably a couple of receivers for sure, Like are gonna go there's probably gonna be like twenty running backs going tomorrow.
Speaker 2: So we're gonna let's say we're gonna have the most team, the most thousand yard rushers after day one we've had in ten years.
Speaker 1: That's kind of wild to say. I'm not going out that far, but.
Speaker 2: That's what I'm saying. Give me a headline. Well what is the headline.
Speaker 3: Well, the headline is probably gonna be a bunch of starters are gonna be drafted in these next So that's what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: Put put it, put it, put it together, Finish it off. You're right there. Just finish off the rip. Gave me a good a good first move. I finished with the second move. I'm not saying you're gonna fucking be squid games. We're gonna wake you out the plane if it's wrong. I don't know, since when you have such your trouble making a definitive Now you want me.
Speaker 3: To make a definitive prediction that could be blatantly wrong.
Speaker 2: No, I'm not saying make a definitive prediction. I'm saying, make a definitive storyline, like as we look back on this drift five years from now, like what will be the storyline of And you're saying, Okay, there's gonna be a lot of starters at the skill positions. Okay, Well, I'm just saying like Okay, had more specifics to that.
Speaker 3: Like the storyline is all the running back, all the quarterbacks you fell out of the first round except your door. We're never gonna be starters and we're not like Queen yours what's his face?
Speaker 2: No roll I to whoe.
Speaker 3: Everybody was like, Oh my god, they're gonna be they will just talent. They're not gonna pan out. The rest of this quarterback draft class could go the way of the Kenny Pickett draft class.
Speaker 2: That's my prediction. I'm gonna gosh your door. I'm gonna go with the way that you were initially going because I because I agree with you. I think there's a lot of skill talent right here at the top of the second round. I think this is the second and third round is gonna make a lot of offenses. It's gonna make a lot of fantasy seasons. It's gonna make a lot of people money and break a lot of hearts. That's what I really think about, because when you talk about the receivers, there's a lot still on the board. You mentioned burden, but there's also the dude out of an Oh Miss. There's a felting that one's not happening. What do you mean he's in the top fifties of everyone. People were the old miss receiver is gonna be a first round pick. I was, like, in what world, he's like sixty four, had like a thousand yards receiving. Who gives this ship?
Speaker 3: He ran like a four to four, like six 'y three. Who cares? I'm looking at the Tennessee receiver.
Speaker 2: Thornton and then the both of the Iowa State receivers. Yeah, and then you mentioned running back. I mean, there's a bunch of guys already talked a little.
Speaker 1: About Cam Scattibog gonna be like a fifth or sixth round pick.
Speaker 2: But yeah, I'm gonna say this. I'm gonna say there's gonna be I'm gonna say there's gonna be at least three. I'm gonna say there's gonna be at least three to five. There's gonna be at least three to five players with over one thousand yards from scrimmage after the first round. Like, there's gonna be at least three to five impact offensive players taken after the first round this year. B So that's so that's where I met. But outside of that, man, you were already kind of getting into this before we talked about this, but just kind of talk about maybe a player that you're you know, you'll stand up and clap once they get drafted as someone that really, you know, tear out your heartstreams and just say, you know what, I'm happy for that young man.
Speaker 1: Look at Mahavin Hasson, where'd you state?
Speaker 2: D n Dude was literally he.
Speaker 3: Came from Egypt as a kid, has only been playing since he's been playing football for like six years. I think he played like a sophomore year of high school and became he became an All American senior defensive vand I think boys State led the nation and sacks And to see him do what he's done, truly, it's like if you like, even if he if he goes like in the sixth round, dude, you've only been playing football and literally been in America.
Speaker 2: For six years.
Speaker 1: Bravo.
Speaker 3: I got two more Ricky White the third out of u n l V and Jackson what are out of UNLV Two of the greatest players in UNLV history. Uh they helped fix that program. Both all Americans and uh no, it would just be dope, It'll be it'll be great to see that because interviewing those guys, seeing how they felt when they lost the Boys, he feeling like, oh, we could have beat them, and then you know, you come back, you lose the Mountain West Championship two years in a row under different circums answers. The second one was just you just ran in a gent bro like I don't know what to tell you ran in a genty and the quarterback got hot. So it's like, damn, but it's gonna be really dope seeing those two get drafted. And honestly, I wouldn't mind if they both ended up on the Raiders because Ricky White blocked like four kicks, which I'm pretty sure is like an n C double a record, especially front off. The player Travis Hunter wasn't doing that. Did you name the third player? Those were my three?
Speaker 2: Oh? I think you only name two.
Speaker 1: I mean I can name another one.
Speaker 2: Oh who I was gonna say, Kobe Bryant out of Kansas. No, I forgot what I was gonna say. Oh, I was gonna I was gonna go a different run with this one. I was gonna say, I'm gonna go for the Florida nose tackle man four hundred and sixty five pounds five five yeah, five five eight, the heaviest prospect. He would be the heaviest prospect to ever be drafted. People have been saying he actually looked moved pretty well this pro day, but people are wondering if he can really maintain that weight and be able to practice. So we but I mean, I think even if I think he moves well enough that he even lost forty pounds, he'd be all right, and he'd be able to give you one or two plays a drive and just stuff stuff those two gaps for those one one to two drives, because it's that's a mountain of a man move. But yeah, I would just I just it would just make as someone who's now nurturing young big bags, it would just be great to see someone actually alive that big and being at it, being a.
Speaker 3: For now the athlete like they got the Kentucky defensive lineman Deon Walker. He's ligious sixty seven, three fifty. But he's to be a first round pick too. But he played this year with a stress fracture in his back. I think that's why he kind of cooled off draft boards.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think there's gonna be a lot of edges that go on in the next two rounds too. I mean, obviously Mike Green is still there. People were glazing him all draft season.
Speaker 1: Well he had he had to leave Virginia because of like a sexual assault situation, and that's why.
Speaker 2: He uh found out.
Speaker 1: That's why he fell out of the first round.
Speaker 2: The Boston College Dann was the guy that you were talking about.
Speaker 1: He had sixteen a half sacks. I'm surprised he didn't go first round.
Speaker 2: A lot of people were talking about that Toledo d tackle going in the first round. He's still available.
Speaker 3: I knew that wasn't what happened because it's like he wasn't the best tackle you got Jordan Burch Still.
Speaker 2: I think this, Oh that's the other player I was gonna say too, is obviously Jack Jack Beck would be a great great draft story that I'd like to see Slash and John U. C l A just being there for basically he's like man pretty much now, I just feel like I got angel and he's like everywhere I go, my brothers with me. So when they call my name, like you know, they're gonna be calling him too, like, so that's gonna be like our moment, Like, I'm living for that too, So I'll be happy for him when he gets drafted. All right, man, So anything else on the draft before we close up the show with that rants? No, it's great first round. I feel like this is the first first round that we've had in a while where we're both not seating.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we actually agree on how it played out.
Speaker 2: And honestly, I think that Well, we didn't talk about this, but I think the Rams trading out of the first round was a great move for them because, I mean, nobody really had an obvious pick for them anyways. They don't really have an obvious need. I mean, they have faces where they could add some talent, and they could get some upgrades, sure, but they don't have any obvious you know, Achilles tended and so for them, they were always going to take the best player available. Now you can do that a couple of times. And now, I mean, with the way this draft is playing out, you're still in position to get a great quarterback or a great receiver or a great even corner. So I think the Rams played it perfectly. Then you want to add on the Rams.
Speaker 1: I think them when the Texans did a smart thing by trading.
Speaker 3: Out of Oh yeah, the Texas trade out too. Texans got a whole bunch of picks from the Giants though, So I think that was worth.
Speaker 2: It, all right, man, So go ahead, wrap up the show speech to people.
Speaker 1: All right.
Speaker 3: So today it's kind of while I was going on my way to the gym, like I was listening to music after I have my phone in my pocket that actually fell the seat and I crossed the street and I just had the bluetooth and my headphones go out, like that's impossible because I charged them.
Speaker 1: I'm like, oh, ship, I left my phone on the bus.
Speaker 2: So I.
Speaker 3: Didn't panic walked, I looked, walked around just to make sure I didn't drop it, Like outside the bus on the street. I realized that I just went home, hopped on my iPad, hit on my sister like hey you hit up mom, and let it a lost my phone. And then I tracked. I tracked like I looked at the schedule, like okay, well with this bus left at four at three point fifty, you know, and I was on it and I got off it and it was going all the way to Rosea Park station. It has to come back. It's gonna take about an hour. It's funny that that one math problem in school where you're like, if this train is leaving this station at seventy five miles an hour at this time, and this train is already in motion going this tventy miles an hour.
Speaker 1: How many miles? What time will these two trains meet?
Speaker 3: And I'm like, son of a bitch, those fucking word problems finally came.
Speaker 1: They finally, uh you know, struck goals for me.
Speaker 3: So it just kind of made me laugh, Like somewhere my third grade teacher, my first, second and third grade teachers are like, see if they can see me now one, I hope they'd be proud, and too they'd be like, we.
Speaker 2: Told you so.
Speaker 3: Yeah, got outside the teachers out there who obsessed over word problems. The fact that I know the bus route like the back of my hand, because the driver was like out of the bushes, like it's your phone.
Speaker 1: I was like thanks, So I just came back and then the draft started.
Speaker 3: So sometimes when you think shit is really bad, you just have to not panic and just go straight to solutions. And that's pretty much what I learned today. Funny, even even as a girl man at thirty three. I still find myself. Life still finds a way to make me be patient.
Speaker 2: They're gonna say you learned something new every day. I was like, man, you full of cliches there. When did you eat a Hallmark movie? Bro? Like damn, just someone the homeworker worker crash your code.
Speaker 3: Like also, Jackson Darn's mom is fucking jacked, bro, her arms are more jacking.
Speaker 1: Good name, No, but like, seriously, I want you to get.
Speaker 3: All of you just go back and watch Jackson Dart's mom, Like that woman is jacked. There's certain parents where it's like, you know, they were a fucking problem in their prime, so you didn't want to get your ass. You could tell like you could tell Jackson Dart was a very well behaved kid because his mom looked like she could have put him in a chokehold right there and there kind of scared.
Speaker 2: Me a little bit.
Speaker 1: I was like, no, no, no, no, she's she's jacked to the gills.
Speaker 3: Like it was kind of fun, mattress, Bro, I'm not gonna say that respectfully about some of these mother who just got drafted. And he's probably gonna come to my job and talk on the air. Jesus what's wrong with you?
Speaker 1: Bro? Like, fuck, you want to see me get fired? It'd be.
Speaker 2: Talking around dude, around him. Bro.
Speaker 3: That's the most I've ever seen somebody's mom in a draft. And it was just subtle, Like if you didn't look at her arm when she I was like, oh no, she she looked like she killed all the yellow Jacks part herself.
Speaker 1: That'shit crazy really.
Speaker 2: Anyways, Well, I'm not gonna say much other than my fucking Clippers. One. They're up two to one against the Denver Nuggets. Hopefully they don't fuck this up, get out of the first round, and somehow find any way to beat the fucking Thunder. I don't know how that's gonna happen because it's under like the deepest team in the league. They're young, they're hungry, they're experience now. I mean this is their second third playoff run. Everybody's healthy, chuts back Hardinson's bag. They got both the Williams Shae Shae. It's gonna be a tough matchup, but hopefully the Clippers can get there. They still gonna win another one out home, and then they gotta go in neither one one in Denver or come back here and win either way. You can't put anything past the Nuggets because they got the elevation, they got Yo Kics, they got Murray, and for some reason, Russell Westbrook decides to hit threes against the Clippers. Only either way, man, I'm happy for them, hoping, hoping they can keep the success going. Monday is my birthday, so we'll see how that goes. But Sunday, I'm gonna be at Pizza Fest, so that should be fun. All you can eat and drink and then yeah, man, just touchdowns and tags TV's underscore tangents on Twitter and Instagram. We are out Peace,