Speaker 1: Hi.
Speaker 2: My name is Daniel Perez, editor and publisher of The Bigfoot Times, and you're listening to Bigfoot Society podcast.
Speaker 3: You're listening to Big for Society, and this is your host, Jeremiah Byron. Tonight's account is from a man who spent decades fixing engines and not chasing legends until one day in the backwoods outside Bangor, Maine, something responded to him in a way he'll never forget. So this is a story of Clark in the day the forest cracked back. So stay with us, all right, Big for Society, You've got the privilege of talking to Clark today. Clark is an individual that's had some interesting things happen in the Bangor, Maine area. We were just talking before the show started that this is probably one of the first times I've been able to talk to an individual from Maine on the show. Clark is also a former hunter and a mechanic as well, specifically a Diesel mccannon. So welcome to the show, Clark. How's it going today?
Speaker 1: Good? Thank you, Thank you for having.
Speaker 3: Me absolutely you know, and you're probably aware of this because you also told me you're a listener of the show, But it's always fun to talk to individuals from New England. I myself grew up in western Massachusetts, close to the New Hampshire border, and you know, it's just it's a it's a privilege to be able to get someone from this region to be able to share recorded just because it is a you know, a lot of people are are very tight lipped, as we were talking about, so it's oh, absolutely, yeah, absolutely. You know, you have to really get to know a person for a few years or more before they'll open up to you. But I appreciate you coming up on the show today, Clark, and I want to make sure that you know we make the best use of our time. So you're welcome to to take us back to when you had some things happened to in the bangor Main area that were a little interesting.
Speaker 4: All right, I'll start back, you know a little before that. When I was thirteen, fourteen years old, my father once told me, I blew it off, you know, never thought anything, but he told me that when he was young, there were nineteen kids in his family and they had a farm. I guess in Hudson. This was probably fifteen miles from ten ten ten miles maybe from Bangor and this area, this state is you know, Pine Tree state anyway. So but they heard some ruckats out on the front porch one night. There was a bunch of the kids in the house there and they opened the door. They claimed he claimed that they saw Bigfoot, and he Bigfoot or sasquatch, sabby, whatever you want I want to call him, was chucking hey out of the barn. You know, it was, you know, it was like a you know, in the seventies, I had seen.
Speaker 1: The Live in a Boggy cree never, you know.
Speaker 4: Really dismissed it, never thought anything of it. And my father, you know, I think in that time I mentioned I seen the movie. He told me about his kind of his story. You know, I brushed it off. Never thought of anything of my life. I mean I hunted in the woods for years and years and never really seen his things strange, you know, had some airy fieltons sometimes.
Speaker 1: But didn't really think anything of it.
Speaker 4: And then in twenty seventeen, you know, all those years past, I'm sixty years old now, and all those years passed, and I you know, my former wife and I we approachased some property just outside of Bangoria. It's a country setting and it was forty two acres under tree management and.
Speaker 1: We took the first free acres.
Speaker 4: There was a log cabin we had bought, and you know, I was developing the land around it. You couldn't touch anything down back. It was like six hundred feet wide three thousand feet deep, and we had a fifteen acres on you know, beyond this pond that was down there and it was landlocked, and I was developing a path you know, down to the pond and brought kids down there, you know, my grandchildren and the wife. We used to walk down there, and you know, I was checking property lines when we first brought the property, and there was one that I couldn't find off this pine tree that was had an old barbed wire fence. So there in seventeen there and I think it was a late summer fall. The wife and I decided we took the day off. Something went down and there in the afternoon and we had a little boat that we could get across the pond, and we've you know, previous we had gone to the right side of that, you know, the you know, looking for property lines and walked through there and got some weird feelings, but always dismissed them, and well, this day I was looking for the left side, left side you know, from the Barboe fence. So we get in a little boat that I had and I had a trollo motor and we you.
Speaker 1: Know, put it across the pond.
Speaker 4: It was probably the other side where the squale grass was was kind of narrowed where our stream come through that comes through there. And so I docked the you know, white State on the boat and I had to push myself through see you know binds and really thick brush there, you know, And I pushed myself through it, and there was this old pine tree that was dead, that was laying down right.
Speaker 1: As soon as I come through the brush, and there was a branch you.
Speaker 4: Know, there was got branches on there. I had to get over it because it was like, I mean, right in my way. So I grabbed that branch and it cracked so loud and echoed up through those woods. And you know, I didn't think anything of that. So I get over the tree and I walk out around and I, you know, I find that property marker of the continued Bob Wife fence, and you know, I yelled to the you know, the wife I said, you.
Speaker 1: Know, hey, I found it, you know, and it was all good.
Speaker 4: So I, you know, get back over the tree and get back out of the brush, get in the boat, and we get back across the pond and I'm pulling the boat back up in the swale grass and on the other side of the shore there. And as soon as I pull it up, when we get out, and we're just standing there for a second, and right where I was standing, like one hundred feet away, the biggest crack.
Speaker 1: It was probably five.
Speaker 4: Times the crack I mean, you know, And in my head, I'm going, is this a bear?
Speaker 1: Can there do this?
Speaker 4: And I'm thinking no. And then the second thing came over my mind was bigfoot. And why I don't know, but it was. It was so bizarre because I had never heard any stories, never watched any podcast ever, you know, and I was so freaked out. The you know, it's like the skin and the hair stood up from my spine all the way up to the top of my head. It was very bizarre, and I just was like in shock, very very strange. I'd never ever experienced something like that. I yelled out hey, just as loud as I could, and no response. I had my truck pocked there. I told the wife, get in the car. I mean, get in the truck.
Speaker 1: Let's go.
Speaker 4: So we get out of there, and we just we were like dumbfounded, you know. On the ride back up it was probably you know, a quarter of a mile back up through there in the woods to the house, and you know, we just we didn't know. We just you know, I questioned question, and you know, I don't know. And I started searching for answers ever since, and just and you know, going online, listen to all these podcasts, you know, all these people that have these platforms and finding some very interesting information. And one of those was tree cracking or branch breaking to emulate you know, whatever you know, are humans doing. And you know, I sense there was something there, but I mean I didn't you know, see anything it was, but it was right in that spot I was at and I just, like I said, I just it totally freaked me out. And you know, ever since twenty seventeen, I've been doing research.
Speaker 1: Just can't stop it. You know, it's like it's like.
Speaker 4: I want to know, I want answers, and you know, I had to listen to see if there was any other similarities out there of experiences that people will having, and sure enough I found hundreds and hundreds and hundreds of the same exact thing. So, you know, that kind of convinced me in my mind that you know that there's uh, you know, a you know creature out there that you know they don't want to admit to, and that there's a kind of different you know, what's the word I'm looking for.
Speaker 1: Like species or or.
Speaker 4: You know, different types, Like everybody sees different types, but I never I haven't you know, to see Waned, you know, and that would be you know, something to see. But yeah, I mean I was like just intrigued, you know, by the whole subject.
Speaker 2: It.
Speaker 3: You know, uh, branch breaking in tree cracking is such it's it's a weird part of it because when you're first about it, it's one of those things where you may be like, oh, that doesn't sound like such a big deal, But when you're like in there and it's happening and you hear something, yes, the extremely loud break, it messes with you a real real bad Yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, it's a shocking It's it's almost like, I don't know, I think about it right now gives me the chills. It's I don't know what it is. It sends a wave of of of almost I don't know if it's it's fear or surprise, because the you know, the noise multiplies so so much more than you know, and I don't I didn't understand, you know. I mean, it was just it really confused me because, like I said, I never experienced anything like that and something to respond so soon to, you know, And I was thinking in my head, this this, this can't be a bear. Bears don't you know, they don't break trees like that or branches or whatever. That noise was, you know, but it sounded exactly about It was like it was trying to replicate what I did, but five times ten times more, you know what I mean.
Speaker 1: Yeah, absolutely bizarre.
Speaker 3: I was thinking through the experiences I've had, and I just realized, I think there is a thing from Oregon that I haven't shared yet. Maybe it was only really quick, and this might be a good time to share it because we're kind of talking about tree breaks and cracks and tree cracks and stuff like that. So we were up in the woods at this research area and a gentleman his name was Chad. This is probably like ten at night and it was really dark, right and we were at the edge of the meadow. He takes his really high powered flashlight. There had been a sighting on the edge of the meadow just that same day. He shines it into the woods, and a second after he did that, the loudest break of a branch I've ever heard in my life was just like film and I was like, oh man, we are in big trouble. Never saw anything, but it was like, is right there? And it really really affects you. This puts you on a on a trail of trying to find answers. Did you start looking into this area of Bangor and seeing if there had been other experiences people had had or have you been able to talk to anyone that has come forward.
Speaker 4: Well, I've mentioned too a few people people thinking nuts. I've got a lot of response from especially hunters. Oh there's no such thing as bigfoot. If I see bigfoot, I'll shoot him. I'm going, oh yeah, okay, after what I've heard over the years on the podcasts, you yeah, you can try.
Speaker 1: But it's so funny the response you get out of people.
Speaker 4: But not right away because I gone through a divorce, so my life kind of I never never forgot it, but it kind of took a different track for you know, a couple of years there, but it was still always in my mind.
Speaker 1: And then I started researching it.
Speaker 4: And I've got to say, I try to contact this guy that I just recently found out about my daughter's boyfriend, because I had talked with my daughter quite a bit about this, and her boyfriend lives up in Millanocket, and I guess that there was he knows a hunter.
Speaker 1: He lives close by by me.
Speaker 4: I'm actually outside of Bangor now a little self a bit but not far from me. Is a guy who was hunting just it's it's fairly recent. I'm not sure exactly here, but fairly recent. And they had all everybody split up out of the hunting camp and and some of the guys came back, and this guy comes back. He comes and sits in the chair, pure white head, urinated in his pants, and everybody said, what's wrong, and he says, I just saw bigfoot. And so my daughter's boyfriend proceeded to tell me that he he started doing research. He had pictures and he was supposed to send me some pictures of footprints. This guy was just so he I mean run right into it. It was right in front of him while he was hunting early early in the morning, just barely light, as from what I gathered from the story. And I tried to contact the guy and to talk to him about his experience because I wanted to share more factual information, you know when you called. But I tried to contact me. He didn't contact me back. It was like in the last week. But and you know, I've heard of you know, other you know a few other people that have you know, seen strange things, and there's I did start researching a few years after I left that uh you know the lug cab in that area, you know of some incidents has taken place up in a Rooster County. There was a guy supposedly in northwestern Maine that would add a grow and he had one in there thumping the ground all the time and try to intimidating him out of there, and he didn't leave. He just kept going back and they kind of finally calmed down, but they were always there every time he went in, you know, and very bizarre stories. Another incident was I think it might have been maybe in the forties, there was an incident up up near Millanocket. There was a mountain up there that the natives lived around, and said they wouldn't go near that mountain because there were killers up there, hairy killers. I guess you know what that equated to was some really aggressive squatch. And I read an article recently about a guy that was a he's a hunter, he's a bear hunter. And he commented on a sighting and I don't think this was that long ago, and said, believe me, you know that some people were saying, oh, you know, difference of joke all this, and he said, I'm a I'm a guide up in northern Maine, and.
Speaker 1: Believe me, Bigfoot exists, you know. And he didn't elaborate any more than that. Very interesting.
Speaker 4: There was another bizarre story that was I think in maybe Oh, I don't know if it was the fifties or sixties, but on the coast there was a little boy who grew up and wrote a story about.
Speaker 1: When he was a child.
Speaker 4: He had just moved into this town and there was this little girl he met and they rode bicycles together. She kept asking him, do you want to meet my friend? Do you want to meet my friend. And this is you know, some of the stories of research. So if you asked to your question. But anyways, so one day he finally decided he was, you know, take a ride on the bike with her and meet her friend. And so they stop at the store and she buys all these bags of chips. You know, these these kids are about ten from what I can stand from the story.
Speaker 1: And so they go into the woods and you know.
Speaker 4: They ride bike in the woods and they get off their bikes and they're at this big tree, a big blowdown, and she's you know, saying hello, hello, come here, come here, and all of a sudden, the ground started, you know, they was stumping and you know, they was growling, and she was throwing these bags of potato chips I guess over this log, and there was a squawk.
Speaker 1: It was a squatch.
Speaker 4: And so the kid runs up in the tree and you know she said that you know, he don't like you.
Speaker 1: And they're up in this tree and you know, scared, scared, and I guess there was.
Speaker 4: A you know, the thing was making a ruckus and the kid ended up coming out of the tree or whatever, getting on his bike and riding out of there as quick as he could go, and he ended up, you know, writing a little story about it. But there's definitely been there.
Speaker 1: You know. It sounds to me like they're definitely here.
Speaker 4: You know, they are the master of camouflage, and uh yeah, you know, I've been in the woods many times hunting, and you know, I hear a lot of people talk about these smells, you know, these future almost dead smells. I smelled that stuff many many times. Never you know, gave it any regard at all, you know. And you know, even when I was a kid, I spent a lot of times, very young, from sun up to sundown in these gravel pits and woods with friends for you know, all day long and had smelled smells and you know.
Speaker 1: Never never thought anything of it.
Speaker 4: But you know, it's like, you know, they you know, all the everybody says, you know that they hide very well. But I do believe that they're here, you know, I do believe that. And this this guy was telling me about that. My daughter's boyfriend knows. I'm going to still try to contact him because he showed me some pictures on his phone when I was at her house just not long ago, of footprints and some structures or something and very interesting and I don't know, I can't stop pursuing, and I'm going to continue to pursue, you know, Yeah, very very interesting stuff.
Speaker 3: That's very intrigue and yeah, and things like that where you know you're waiting to hear back from the guy, especially in an area like that. I mean, that could take years for that individual to finally get back to you, but it will probably happen somedays. So I would, you know, not give up on it. Sometimes it does take years to hear back from a person.
Speaker 1: Well this this guy only there's a couple of towns away from me right now. So I'm gonna I'm gonna pursue it more, you know.
Speaker 4: And one of the things I've done, Jeremiah, is I love I'm a history buff. I love love, love, love love history, and I go way back beyond you know. And I'm sure you've heard of it, and I'm sure you've heard many people, you know, uh, you know different. Everybody subscribes to something different, you know, And you know I've been I was like a truth seeker in my life, and I go back to the Sumerian text, you know, and I'm really drawn to that and what you know they talked about with the Ananaki, how that they had gone through these number of experiments to hybridize the you know, the local homonoid uh so to speak. And with the result of that in Bigfoot or Sasquatch, and.
Speaker 1: The numerous.
Speaker 4: Accounts of the differences in the looks to me relates to that of the different experience.
Speaker 1: And it's that's kind of where I lean.
Speaker 4: With the whole thing of you know, the reality of all of you know, what is going on in this world and all of the things that are untold to you know, the people's you know, just history is you know, very very intriguing, and there's you know, it you know has its answers.
Speaker 1: Everything's right there in front of you. Just got to dig for it. You know, basically.
Speaker 3: Absolutely, when you are on that property where you heard the tree break, have you ever noticed anything else the ordinary on that property? Like do you ever notice tree arches or weird structures of any kind?
Speaker 4: When I first, when we first got in there, closed on the house, and then you know, I had gone down back and the pathway down to the pond had arched birch trees crossing each other in the path down there, and it was like it was blocking the way, and I ended up clearing all that. It took me, you know, it took me probably a good week or so to get in there, you know, when I had time each day to get that, because I wanted to, you know, uh you know, put a you know, hunting uh blind down there, just for observation. And but my brother ended up going down there hunting and I hadn't. I hadn't, you know, I got out of hunting. But you know, we were there. And when you here in Maine, when you own like uh uh you know, property under tree management, you don't have to have a license to hunt. So I said, okay, I'll just you know, i'll get you know, i'll do it again. So I go down and sit in the stand that my brother had put up, and he never he never got anything out of their pot. I went down there that day. I was in there. There was not a peep, not a cricket, not anything, nothing, quiet, silence, just dead. I could hear the kids, you know, half a mile away up you know, the next door neighbor kids, you know, laughing, giggle and playing.
Speaker 1: But there was total science that silence down there.
Speaker 4: It was very bizarre and other times, like I said, we had gone to the right side of that property across the pond initially when we got down there looking for property lines, and there was just weird feelings walking up through the path through the woods because there was a path there where the property line was on the right side to a power line, and just very that that place hadn't been cut off. I don't think us I've been cut off. There pine trees in there, one hundred and fifty two hundred feet tall, and there was a lot of a lot of big growth.
Speaker 1: And yeah, very eerie.
Speaker 4: And one of the the other things I had noticed before I left, because I had seen bear scat around and I knew there were bears around there.
Speaker 1: The state has you know, tons of a.
Speaker 4: Minute, but there was right in the middle of the road going down to the pond, not far from the house. After that incident, I saw the biggest pile of scat I have ever seen in my life. And bears, you know, usually leave a small you know, they say, the bigger the scat, the bigger the bear.
Speaker 1: But this thing was so huge.
Speaker 4: I mean, I'm talking twelve inches in diameter, and it must have been five inches high.
Speaker 1: It was. It was freaky. It kind of freaked me out.
Speaker 4: When I seen that, and I'm going, wow, this is very strange. And you know, I left that, I left that whole place, you know, the wife and everything. I left that shortly after that that fall, and I had never been back, but that that place was.
Speaker 1: Yeah, very strange things going on there.
Speaker 4: And what that was that I don't know one hundred percent, but it was not normal. And people don't hang down in there on that, you know, down in that area, they just they don't hang there. You know, people just don't get down there. And uh, you know all the time we were there, I was there two or three years, two almost three years, and yeah, I you know, I spent a lot of time down there, you know, you used to go down there all the time, you know, went to the pollen, took the grandkids there. But yeah, that that reaction, that that reply or whatever it was, you know, I don't know. I couldn't understand what it was, you know, I just if bottom line, it just freaked me out, you know, and here I am today because of it, you know, and uh, I just I won't stop the research.
Speaker 1: I you know, I don't know. I guess maybe inside of me.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, somehow something instinctual or something just you know, wants to maybe see it. You know, you know, it's like I almost invited in my mind.
Speaker 3: But oh I get that one hundred percent. What time of year again was it that you had seen the pilot scat on the ground.
Speaker 4: It was, Uh, it was late summer, probably early early fall, right at the.
Speaker 1: End of the summer pretty much late fall, I mean early fall.
Speaker 3: Okay, gotcha. So it was not a thing where like a bear had just gotten out of hibernation and cleared things out, m m at all.
Speaker 4: Yeah, this scat I found had been on the edges of the pond when I first went down in the air, but my brother and I would kind of just you know, uh exploring. I found it in the swale grass. I found it on a rock on the very edge, but I had never seen it rate in the uh right in the middle. I mean it was right in the middle where because I used to mow the grass. I take a you know, track lawn tractor and go right down and mow the graphs right down through there and keep it clean, you know, like a nice little path to walk and everything. Oh, drive my truck. I could drive the truck right down the pond. And yeah, that one day I was walking.
Speaker 1: Down there and there I saw that.
Speaker 4: I saw a wow that I you know, I got to I backed off and get out of there.
Speaker 1: You know. I didn't continue all the way down there pond after I seen that, because I said, whatever that is, it's really big, you know, and I didn't want to run into it. You know.
Speaker 3: Yeap Maine is is one of those states where like things can get really serious really quickly out in the outdoors. There is Oh yeah, I would say, Man, it's one of my my favorite accounts that I've that I've been told. Actually it was sent to me from an individual and this is I think a perfect show to share it because I haven't been able to share it in a while.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: He uh so he reached out to me and this is like north you know, where the New Hampshire border is, and I can't remember the exact area, but it was kind of up by Canada border, so northwestern name way out. So the short version of it is the guy had like forty acres way way out in the sticks and it was just him and he had a trailer out on this property, and so he was washing his dishes down in the stream. One day he looks up because he heard something and he saw what he said, It looked like, you know, a bigfoot run across in front of him on the other side of the stream, and so he's like, oh, yeah, we're not alone. The next night they're in the trailer, something hits the side of the trailer so hard that it gets knocked.
Speaker 1: Off the blox. He's like, Okay, this is not good. This is not good.
Speaker 3: Then then the next day or next morning, they open up the door to go outside and there's a bear head that had been ripped off the rest of the bear, just like laying there in front of the entrance to the trailer. And immediately like they were like, we're leaving this place. Immediately, he moved down to the south, never returned, sold it as quickly as he could. He's like, yeah, when I saw that bearhead, I was like, I had to get out of there. And we all left immediately, and I was It's one of the craziest things I've ever heard. But you know, I always took it like that it was a warning. I did have a person I shared it once and they were like, well, what if it was just like a weird way of gifting. I was like, well, I guess maybe, but either way it's ripping.
Speaker 1: Wow. I don't know how to take that one. It could be there the two things.
Speaker 4: It could either be a warn and I'm gonna rip your head off you don't get out of here, or it's a gift for moving.
Speaker 1: In and you know, not here we are.
Speaker 4: Right, you know, Yeah, main, there's there's there are other incidences.
Speaker 1: You know, I've been discovering a little by little of people and I don't know, i just kind of got in a mold where.
Speaker 4: I'm kind of, you know, saying things to people a little bit that I know, and I know this guy that lives.
Speaker 1: On a reservation.
Speaker 4: Just you know, outside of Bangor, A lot of the towns around here are fairly small. I mean, Bangor, where I was raised all my life. You know, it's populations thirty five, forty thousand. We've got another city right across the river called Brewer, they called the Twin Cities basically, and you know that's got another forty thousand. But you go start going outside of Bangor and everything is you know, woods it's woods.
Speaker 1: You know. The largest city in the state is Portland. Yeah, you've probably heard of that. Then there's Lewis and Auburn.
Speaker 4: They're kind of like Bangor but you know, twice the size.
Speaker 1: But you go north.
Speaker 4: I've spent a lot of time north ice fishing. I've slept in seventeen degree weather on a lake called Lobster Lake, you know, in January and in a nice I shocked that I had with my brother and you know, very airye you know, the silence is almost it's bizarre, it's almost deafening.
Speaker 1: But you know, the woods up there are really, really thick.
Speaker 4: And that's where I beginning to see where there's incidents, you know.
Speaker 1: The people talking.
Speaker 4: And this guy on the Indian reservation that I've talked to him about it and he says that you know that their elders have spoken of that, and I.
Speaker 1: Just been you know, digging a little bit with him.
Speaker 4: I don't want to get too intrusive because I know that, you know, there's a lot of history and with native information as far as you know, bigfoot sasquat, sabby, whatever you want to call them.
Speaker 1: And you know, I you know, there's believers, you know what I mean.
Speaker 4: I'm I'm you know, going after the believers and finding them because like I said before, yes, people here in Maine are very very hush about stuff, and a lot of people, you know, are it was so much into the modern thing that uh, you know, they you know, they just they they they shun it, you know, as soon as you say it, you know, or think you're a nuthead. And because I had some of the people, like I said before, I spoke to you know, just that's stupid, you know, And you know, I don't know after that incident, I I I you know, I believe. I believe there's something there and you know, and I believe all these podcasts that I've been watching, specially you for almost like a year now.
Speaker 1: I just like every night.
Speaker 4: I like I lay my head down and before Society comes on and I listen to these accounts, and it's it's so intriguing to listen to people's stories. You know, it's just incredible. And you know, I hear the comments. You know, yeah, some people lie, but you know, if you've got thousands accounts, you know, all these people cannot be lying, you know what I mean.
Speaker 1: And the stories when you hear them.
Speaker 4: You can listen to people's you know, voice in the intensity of the story, and you know you're like that right there with them, you know what I mean.
Speaker 1: It's like reading a book but hearing it. You know, very very very cool, you know.
Speaker 3: Yeah, absolutely. And it's just the thing where, you know, the main reason I do the show is to give people a place to to share it where they don't have to worry about, you know, they're going to be made fun of or laughed at or you know. And I, oh boy, do I work hard to try to constantly in the comments on YouTube, you know, there's making sure the right people are in there.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I do. I just do not.
Speaker 3: Tolerate people making fun of witnesses. It's not cool.
Speaker 1: No, not at all. No.
Speaker 3: Have you ever made it to the Cryptosoology Museum up there in Maine.
Speaker 1: No, I never have. I.
Speaker 4: I you know, Jeremiah, I I My life is work, eat, sleep, you know. I. You know, I toil, you know, in labor, so a lot of my free time, uh, you know, I I do want to look into that, you know. I jump on my Harley and I you know, cruise the mountains. That's one of my favorite things.
Speaker 1: To do. And I there's a route that I take, you.
Speaker 4: Know, from Bangor it goes they call it two or one, goes right up into Jackman and it's like seven or seventeen or like twenty miles from the border.
Speaker 1: And you go up in that territory, and you know, you ride.
Speaker 4: I stop at places because I'll go by myself and do this, and I'll stop in places, and it's just I don't know, it's so wild up there, you know.
Speaker 1: And I mean there's a place called the Golden Road.
Speaker 4: I don't know if you've ever heard of that, but you go up that road, it goes just I can't remember hunty miles because it goes out of Greenville, ing and I've spent a lot of times in the mountains up there in the winter time, snowmobiling by myself, and uh, just beautiful, beautiful country here, you know, and uh, you know, uh, it just you know, it's like I don't know, it's kind of like since that happened, it's like, you know, it's like it's like I want to see I hear so many incidents of people like seeing them walk across the road, you know, and I don't know, I guess in some way that kind of hope that would happen, you know, But because going in the woods nowadays here, wow, I the ticks are terrible.
Speaker 1: I mean they're horrendous.
Speaker 4: I mean you walk outside in the dirt driveway or dirt driveway and you got ticks on you, you know what I mean, You've got to really careful. That's a lot of reasons I gave up hunting is because the ticks were just insane. You'd come back covered with them, you know, And every time you step in the woods now and it's it's, yeah, it's mind boggling how bad they are now. I mean it's all over all over the state. And we never had that, you know, when I was a kid, we never had them like that.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 4: For some reason, it's the migration of them, because you've got every moving you know, roading and bird and everything else that moves in the woods that's carrying those things around, you know, and they.
Speaker 1: Spread spread, spreads bread, you know. It's it's it's crazy.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Wow, I had no idea it was it was that bad out there. Do you guys have the lone star tick out there too?
Speaker 4: I don't know, I know, I haven't heard of that one. We have a we have the deer Deer Tech. I don't know if this is about the Lone Star, but there was the University of Maine was doing a study collaborating with I think some other universities like in California or in the rest of the United States, and they found the same exact tick on the coast domain in the grass at the sand beach as they did in California on the sand beach in the grass, and that was very bizarre. Wid Yeah, it is. Oh. One more thing I remembered was my uncle had been living in he was retired from the Air Force twenty five years. He was living in Albany, Albline, Ebilene, Evelyne in Texas. And he just recently passed away last year. And it was so funny because I communicated him a few times over my lifetime.
Speaker 1: He had come to visit my father or whatever.
Speaker 4: But he came up about it a year or less before he passed away, and he had been communicating with me, you know, texting.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 4: He ended up dying to cancer. I think he already knew he had it, but he was trying to get to know me because I was like, you know, my father's first son, I was Clark Junior, right, and I think he was kind of interesting to get to know me. We had corresponded for about a year or so, and so he came up to visit and I went to see him and we were talking, you know about we got in kind of the cryptid thing, right, and you know, I was talking with him about that incident out there that happened, and he told me, you know, he says, that's one thing I do believe. He says it's big foot. I believe it's real. And you know, I mean then, you know, he was right down there. From what I understand in your podcast and a lot of other podcast Texas is a hot spot, you know, and so he apparently knew more than what he was saying. But yeah, it was very interesting. I thought about that after, you know, we were talking and stuff. But yeah, so it's crazy the you know, how many states are involved, because once I started listening to podcast and realizing the abundance of sightings on every single you know state here in the United the United States and Canada, and you know, it's like wow, wow, wow, Wow, there's there's a lot more you know than we think, and a lot more going on than we know, you know.
Speaker 1: And wow, yeah, it's very interesting.
Speaker 3: It's one of those you know, it's it's really I would say it's a phenomenon because it is, as you said it. I mean, it's not not only in all the States. It's it's really a thing where if you start researching it, there's some equivalent of it in all over the world. And I mean I've talked to people and India and I talked to a guy the other day from Australia a little bit about some yahwei stuff. It's just crazy how it is. It is really a part of all the different cultures. And it's right, it's kind of the I think it's one of the last great great mysteries you can you can really just look into it forever. As as you were saying, really deep.
Speaker 1: Yeah it's quite a rabbit hole. Mhmm.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's a deep it's a deep rabbit hole. And yeah, yeah, from what I understand, yeah, all over the world. I mean, yeah, yeah, very It's very intriguing to me, you know, and uh, I'm I'm just going to continue to learn about it, you know.
Speaker 1: And it's it's made me a little more like.
Speaker 4: Aware of signs to recognize now, you know what I mean, since all of that took place, and especially all the accounts that I've listened to, because I mean, your podcast is like, wow, I love the podcast because you have the live interviews with everybody, which is so unique. Because when I first started researching, you know, I was listening to people tell stories and you know, no names mentioned, but it seemed to be very boring to me, and it didn't seem to be there was, you know, the realism, and it wasn't, you know, like yours and another podcast I had previously listened to and I had jumped to yours, and I've been listening to you quite a long time. And it's like every day I listen to podcasts because I'm trying to learn, you know, and it's not just learned, but listening to these people's accounts and the reactions to them, you know what I mean, and how how everybody's responding to it, and it's it's so it's so intrigue and you know, to learn about all these accounts, you know, and in the places that people are seeing them.
Speaker 3: It is it's it's a wild, wild thing and you know, and I I first started, I was like, I had someone tell me. They're like, you're not going to be able to just pick foot, You'll run out. And it's like, dude, it's not just running out, Like that's not the problem. Like the problem is the time, because like they have people reaching out to me every day, and it would blow your mind how many people end up not coming on the podcast, which is no problem, but they're constantly you know, newer people getting out into the field having an encounter. There's people that get retired, they retire from their jobs, or they like you know, they're on the their deathbed and they're like, I need to share this before my time is up. And that's happening all the time, and it will never it will never stop. I mean, there's always going to be people that need to share what they've experienced, and being there to help with that is you know, that's my goal to be that platform and be one of the good platforms. But you know, Clark, it has been such a fun time chatting with you about a part of the US and Bigfoot that we don't really get to talk about. And hopefully there'll be some people that listen to this episode from Maine, and maybe they'll reach out with things they've experienced. You're welcome to do that, and I would love to hear from you. Yeah, but Clark has been such a great time chatting with you today. Thank you for coming on the show.
Speaker 1: Same to you, Jeremy. Thank you so much for having me. Hello.
Speaker 5: My name's Darren hun And back in two thousand, me and my brother went out west go traveling all around the West and see the sites, national parks, monuments and all that, and we camped out just about everywhere. And when we came to Washington State, we wanted to climb up Mount Saint Helens and so we got a permit and everything, and we set up the tent eight went to sleep. So I woke up. It was like midnight or one o'clock and I had to go to the bathroom and my brother was still asleep, and I heard this deep like scream or yell or It did not sound like any person or animal. It was a frightening scream, like a roar. And that was eye opening and scary because I never heard anything like that in my life. And I just wanted to let you know that. All right, Well, I'm signing off.
Speaker 1: Bye bye.
Speaker 3: If you'd like to share a voicemail to be potentially featured on the show as well, head over to Bigfoot Society podcast dot com and hit the Share your Encounter button to take a few minutes to say thank you to everyone that's been sending in coffees through my buying a coffee page. I'd like to highlight those people right now. So here we go, all right. First off is Mary d bought three coffees. This individual says, keep up the great work, Jeremiah, thank you, appreciate that. Victoria bought ten coffees. Says thank you, thank you so much, Victoria. Michael Hill bought five coffees. Thank you, Michael. He says, thank you for your own wavering diligence to this topic. Look forward to twenty twenty five, exceeding expectations. Thank you, Michael, as do I. Sarah Ramos bought three coffees. I hope you have an encounter. I hope I have one too. We'll see it's coming up quick. Going back to Oregon, the Iowa Shadow Files check that podcast out, bought three coffees. Thank you guys, and they say, great work. Gene Melson bought five coffees. I hope I pronounced that correctly, says, appreciate you, Thank you so much. Sarah Ramos also bought three more coffees. Thank you, Sarah. That is so so nice of you. Appreciate that Dean Labella bought three coffees. Just wanted to extend my appreciation for all you do. Keep up the good work. Appreciate that Dean deal bought five coffees. Thank you, Joel. Someone bought five coffees. Thank you someone, Thank you. Love listening from Washington. Awesome good stuff. Well that's the catch up for the buy Me a Coffee. If you would like to support Bigfoot Society in a one time way, you can go to buy me a Coffee dot com slash Bigfoot Society, and I use any coffees that are sent over a lot with travel expenses. So we're getting to the part of the year where we've got travel going out to Oregon, to southern Missouri, all over the place in the Midwest. And you guys can help out if you'd like buy supporting through sending a coffee. Buy me a Coffee dot com forward slash Big for Society, and I'll give you a little shout out on the on the show as well, So thank you guys so much for sending those over the last few months. Just wanted to take a minute to say thank you for listening to this episode of the Big forst Society podcast. Clark story from bangor Is and one of those encounters that lingers how something out there responded to him like it was listening. That's the kind of moment that sticks with you. If you enjoy this episode, please subscribe to us on YouTube, hit the bell so you don't miss what's next, and share it with someone who loves a great bigfoot mystery from the pines of New England. If you're on Apple Podcasts or Spotify, hit follow and we'd be honored if you'd leave us a positive five star review. Now, if you are someone you know has had a bigfoot encounter, especially in Maine or anywhere in the New England area, I'd want to hear from you, so please shoot me an email at Big for Society at gmail dot com. Let's talk about it. Hey, don't forget Sasquatch Summerfest is coming up July eleven to twelfth at Greenwaters Park and Oakridge, Oregon. Big for Society. Listeners can get a two day pass for the price of a one day admission with code BFS at checkout. Huge thanks to Priscilla for making that happen. Tickets are available over at www. Sasquatch Summerfest dot com. Thanks again for being part of the Big Fort Society. Until next time, keep ears open, trust the silence, and remember sometimes the forest snaps back and see in the woods.