Speaker 1: Well, you're captain Captain sensitive. Mm hmmm, Tony's favorite artist. Oh gosh, come on, come on.
Speaker 2: Hold on one second.
Speaker 3: You know you've made it when you get parodied by weird head.
Speaker 1: It's not that's where yes it is. Don't laugh, don't laugh. This is it's the worst music.
Speaker 4: He's a.
Speaker 1: I'm sure he's a knife guy. Put your headphones on, dude, you can't. You can't hear the question if you don't put headphones on. Don't they have headphones at w A m Z. What the hell's wrong with you? Austin Montgomery, I just go off my I don't.
Speaker 2: Want to say.
Speaker 5: It's just sad though, because the original song Our Loves and Jeopardy Greg Kin Man, Greg Kin passed away yesterday he did.
Speaker 1: I'm sorry. Some people think it was a conspiracy.
Speaker 2: I don't know if anybody know.
Speaker 4: If I hits next to Ken yet, I can hear you shot?
Speaker 1: Did you not have the room? Shot ready? Wrong with you? Man?
Speaker 5: Friday Austin from w A m Z. Austin monomery last night? Montgomery Gentry, Yeah, did you go up to me?
Speaker 1: My name's Montgomery too.
Speaker 4: Yes.
Speaker 5: The second I saw you, Montgomery Gentry, I knew it everybody ever since coming into country radio.
Speaker 4: That's like, Oh, you're related to Montgomery Gentry, are you?
Speaker 1: Like?
Speaker 4: That's one person.
Speaker 1: So that's all.
Speaker 4: That's always what I got. And then so of course I had to pull up to him with the who we might be? My last name's Montgomery, and I'm pretty sure he gets that from every Montgomery.
Speaker 5: It didn't half of them, half that group. His partner has passed away or nothing.
Speaker 4: Troy Gentry passed away a couple of years. I think it's like a plane crash, something.
Speaker 1: Like helicopter, helicopter, helico sounds helicopter, helicopter.
Speaker 4: Some sort of aviator. Montgomery too, he's a big guy. He's a big guy, like he's a stocky dude.
Speaker 3: If I'm the pilot and a musician gets on my chopper, I'm getting off of it.
Speaker 6: No way.
Speaker 4: Lone Star too. They were there last night. I don't know if that's still like it, that's still the full band or whatnot. But they're still looking sound good. And I've never heard Oh sure what no, maybe I'm amazed by you. You know that song, I'm already there.
Speaker 1: That's maybe I'm amazed as wings.
Speaker 2: That's Wings Paul mccartyw.
Speaker 4: That's wings lone Star.
Speaker 1: No is that a cover?
Speaker 3: Then?
Speaker 1: Yes?
Speaker 2: Oh my gosh, can you imagine? And we picked him for trivia?
Speaker 1: I know.
Speaker 4: I have I Alan Jackson.
Speaker 2: You that song about being a midnight Montgomery. Yeah, yeah, my's Montgomery too.
Speaker 1: Hey, baby had the gig go. It was fine except for that nerd dju.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you know why I won't moved to Montgomery, Alabama.
Speaker 1: I get it because you know my favorite character I'm Bewitched was what Elizabeth is my govern.
Speaker 4: All right, that's my sister. Dude, you're talking about my sister.
Speaker 2: My sister like to play which is on TV? Maybe she would like to ride my broom.
Speaker 4: That's a good one.
Speaker 1: The dicks, can we? Yes? That one replaced the other one, your consergeant, I'll go. And they didn't tell anybody about it.
Speaker 4: One dick just.
Speaker 1: Replaces unless you're a pole alter and they collide. All right, oldest time you have to be French though. Here we go. Let's go with Crusade for Children trivia. Another Friday. Here we go, you know for doing this bit. It's after eleven o'clock and the day is almost getting done here, all right? Question number one, Austin one, Austin. Let's go Dwight, Yes, David, that's me, Anthony. What was America's first space station to be launched into space? The first one station non rockets, not astronaut. It wasn't the s S obviously that's up there. Space station. What was that called?
Speaker 3: I know, I know, I know the answer Montre Skylab, Skylab.
Speaker 1: Sky rabbits.
Speaker 4: What I'm gonna have to agree, I'm gonna have to collaborate on here.
Speaker 1: People were worried as it was descending if it was going to be uh answer, finanswer sky Lab confident, Yeah, because most people called it, but it was space lab. Technically it was called space.
Speaker 3: Yeah people, most people people.
Speaker 1: I am going to go out on a limb here, okay, and I'm going to think Dwight knows the answer of this next ques That is a limb.
Speaker 4: Old assumption, really, no, kidd.
Speaker 1: Who was the first African American to be appointed to the U. S. Supreme Court? Justice Jesse Jesse Dixon. It's not Jesse Dixon.
Speaker 2: I can't think of his name, you know it.
Speaker 1: I think you know this, I do know what I can't think you know this.
Speaker 6: That's why I asked it. I think you know this start me up with his first name. I'm trying, you know what I know. Geez, close your eyes you shouldee you could see it. I can see the guy with all yours.
Speaker 1: Are like, come on, man, Oh he got a cool name too.
Speaker 4: Is a third Marshal? Yes, sounds really good. Sounds like a bad as that you're going with.
Speaker 1: Thirdgode Marshall, first African American appointed the US Supreme Court Justice. Okay, thank you, Dave.
Speaker 4: I am glad. I am surrounded by the three best journalists.
Speaker 1: Thank you.
Speaker 4: And you guys to be really really good at trivia?
Speaker 2: Is it scary to be around all three of this?
Speaker 4: My heart's racing.
Speaker 2: I just want to shuttle down. Okay, we are people just like you.
Speaker 1: We put our pants on one leg at a time.
Speaker 5: Only yeah, we put our pants on one leg at a time, just like you, except for award winning journalists.
Speaker 4: Yeah, much better, except he has three pant legs.
Speaker 1: Custom they put a like in the middle. They replaced Jimmy Fallon on the on the closing ceremonies with the Olympics with this super personality guy. Yeah, and he was just like and so they they went on the camera and one of the countries was like karaoke singing the song that they were singing on stage like a band was playing, and he goes, see, look at this normal people. People want to see normal, just normal, every day normal people, not like us, like performers or super athleteses, just normal people singing. You're good at that? Yeah. Question number three, Yes, what country invented the modern bicycle? Was it Germany or U s A. It's gotta be bicycle.
Speaker 5: It's gotta be us A, right, because they used to have that big front wheel and the two little.
Speaker 1: I remember that stupid who designed that? Stupid? How do you get up? There should be a big wheel? And it's like, yeah, I know if that's what we're talking about, talking about the modern bicycle.
Speaker 5: We're talking about the modern bicycle. I gotta say it's good old us A.
Speaker 4: Bicycle.
Speaker 1: It's this fifty fifty.
Speaker 4: I kind of like Germany for some reason, I don't know, it just seems.
Speaker 1: German engineering, right, They're always always inventing something, you know, German engineering. Right.
Speaker 4: As a proud Volkswagen owner, I am bipartial to them, so they're always they're always like riding bikes for whatever reason.
Speaker 1: Why did you get.
Speaker 2: Why did you put the seat there? You und it you wanted? Why did you put the seat?
Speaker 1: Give me answer? We invented Harley Germany. Germany answer, Germany invented the modern bicycle, not the us A traders. All of you. Good job, thank you. I thought you were going the other direction.
Speaker 4: I did.
Speaker 2: I was ready with that, I said, USA.
Speaker 5: Those two said Germany, so I stayed doumbs you question full, David.
Speaker 1: Germany's won. David. What what river do the Holland Tunnel and Lincoln Tunnel pass underneath Holland and Lincoln. I want to say Montgomery River, But Holland Tunnel and the Lincoln Tunnel, what's the river passes beneath them? You should know this, I know I should know this.
Speaker 4: Hudsons in New York.
Speaker 1: Let's see, let's go with that.
Speaker 2: Let's go with the Hudson Rock.
Speaker 1: Hudson final answer, Hudson, Hudson Miracle on the Hudson.
Speaker 4: That's right, Tom crue or yeah, no, no, no, no, no, I'm sorry, And who were we just talking? I'm I'm I'm losing. I'm losing the guy that was a pilot and that and that so was Tom Hanks everything about the Olympics. Yeah, he crashed into the Hudson.
Speaker 1: He No, he did not. He landed on the damn Hudson. Don't you get it wrong. Sully was a badass.
Speaker 4: What are you doing?
Speaker 5: It was such a badass. He wouldn't have flown his plate into a flock of geese.
Speaker 1: That's he had both engine failures, first time ever because he flew into geese.
Speaker 2: And I guarantee he said watch right before he flew into him.
Speaker 1: He should have hunked.
Speaker 5: He said, Oh my god, Dave, take a dollar out.
Speaker 1: No, dude, the money is running out of the bad joke jar. He's paying enough money this week. Okay, you're all right, you hit your quota.
Speaker 5: Take a dollar, but I'm gonna give you seven Dwight Witting hugged coupons.
Speaker 1: Oh boy. Number question number five? Are you ready? I think so? How many ghosts? Visit is it? Scrooge?
Speaker 2: Three?
Speaker 5: Yeah, Present, Past and future and wait and an originals play. It was four Present, Past, future and a butt ghost.
Speaker 1: There was a butt ghost.
Speaker 2: There was a butt ghost.
Speaker 5: Then it was in Victorian times when this was written, and they had to hang the original person that wrote it, it's true.
Speaker 1: Looking up three ghosts. Yeah, Jacob Marley a ghost. Marley was a ghost to It's four Bob Marley and then the three ghosts.
Speaker 2: Three ghosts.
Speaker 3: Joke at Christmas mon Jab fantastic Bob.
Speaker 2: There was a guy named Bob Marley in it.
Speaker 1: Yes, yes, that's his partner that died. Originally the movie or the book starts with his death. He's got a great soundtrack. Stop it. So it was the slightlyiest trick. Question. I think it's Jacob Marley, Jacob. I'm sorry, it's not I'm sorry it's Jacob Marley.
Speaker 5: Do you know what Bob Marley told ebenez Or Screwge's wife when she started to cry at the funeral?
Speaker 1: What say?
Speaker 2: No woman, no cry?
Speaker 1: All right, I get you. That's a song that one wrong. Here we go. Question number sixes what city does fat Albert live in?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 4: I was going to say Detroit or Brooklyn. I don't know why. I think Brooklyn, Burro.
Speaker 1: Borrow. If we missed thik, who wrote it? You idiots?
Speaker 4: Philadelphia? Who wrote it?
Speaker 1: Bill Cots?
Speaker 4: Philadelphia?
Speaker 1: I don't know what you're answering to Philadelphia? Answer everyone else, Philadelphia have no idea.
Speaker 5: Philadelphia coming from the Latin word Phelia meaning friend, Phidelphia meaning fat Albert.
Speaker 1: Right. Final answer, fat Albert lives in Philadelphia.
Speaker 2: Yes.
Speaker 1: Didn't Bill Cosby put everything he did in Philadelphia? Did he?
Speaker 4: I don't know if Bill Cosby is canceled, so.
Speaker 3: Oh boy, he put his thing in lots of places.
Speaker 1: Oh my god. The comedy accident. I knew I was doing.
Speaker 5: Ladies jump into the comedy stylings of mister Dave Jennings Dave's hilarious Thank you all right?
Speaker 1: Question number eight, No, I'm sorry. Question seven. We got to hurry here. Question seven. Oswald copple Pot is better known as who Oswald?
Speaker 2: Yeah, the ping penguin, it's the penguin.
Speaker 1: Final answer. The penguin is.
Speaker 5: Technically, if you go by the Batman encyclopedia, it's ja.
Speaker 1: We will answer thank you. Question eight. Yeah, I will give a bonus question if Austin gets this right.
Speaker 2: That's a lot of press.
Speaker 1: What's the name of the rock band led by Bob Dylan's son Jacob. I know you know, yeah, I know you know. You have no clue? Flower, yeah, Wallflowers.
Speaker 2: Okay, me me me, Wow, there's a lot of sustain on that.
Speaker 1: It was a really good answer.
Speaker 2: You that ding answer their dingy has great sustain a right.
Speaker 1: Question nine, it's multiple choice. Let me finish the question.
Speaker 2: Why do you always look at me because you always jump in?
Speaker 1: What is the name of gene Autry's horse? Is it Trigger or Champion?
Speaker 2: It is Trigger?
Speaker 1: Is it Trigger or Trigger? Was Roy Rogers?
Speaker 2: Champion?
Speaker 1: Is jumping on? I think.
Speaker 5: Champion, and I'll take you across the thrustful.
Speaker 1: Book. Thank thank you, Samuel. Final answer, it's Champion horse. I think that he's stuffed.
Speaker 4: It's gene Autry.
Speaker 5: Well, sometimes when my horse wouldn't go, I would ride Miss Wayne across the Paris.
Speaker 1: Now John Wayne Alzheimer's doesn't.
Speaker 4: That those horses are way bigger in person?
Speaker 2: They really are.
Speaker 1: I think he had a champions stuffed or was it triggered? They got stuff.
Speaker 2: One time I stuffed Miss Wayne. So go right for a.
Speaker 1: Way, stop John Wayne man too far?
Speaker 2: Stop it too far.
Speaker 1: Rugby? Thank you. We need to bring that back. Forgot about that since the Olympics close. All right? Question ten, All right, here we go. It's for all the marbles. Yes it How many US states are named for former presidents. How many there's states named for former presidents of states?
Speaker 3: Arizona, Arkansas, Califrank, Delaworth, Florida, Georgia, Hawaiian, Illino, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas.
Speaker 4: There's zero that's good.
Speaker 1: The cities like Lincoln, the brastate states.
Speaker 4: Who's got it's Washington, Washington, right, This is that it's got to be some others. We're telling me, you'd never been to Obama before.
Speaker 5: I like the summer there. Yeah, Frank Arkansas was a good president president. His wife was a ted nuts Jimmy Iowa. Jimmy Iowa changed the culture, he really did.
Speaker 1: Oh, Stevie, South Carolina.
Speaker 5: I didn't care for Mark Idaho's wife, Yeah, because she was loose woman.
Speaker 1: Jeez, Idaho. I don't get it. I need an answer. I'm only I'm only thinking one that.
Speaker 2: It's gonna be more.
Speaker 1: Yeah, one I forgot one is your answer for all the marbles so the kids don't suffer. So get the money for the kids we already wanted.
Speaker 2: Shut up, Okay, yeah, for all the marbles.
Speaker 1: You got, folks, It all comes down to this, except for the final answer is one state is named after a former president.
Speaker 2: That's what we're saying, yeah, right, what was the state?
Speaker 1: What get on the podcast?
Speaker 3: We have lots of apostam the best deli in the city, the best coffee shop in the city. All right there in Saint Matthew's. They baked their meat, they bake their bread, They make their own pasta. They make the meatballs homemade, the chicken salad, the tuna salad, the benedictine, the pimento cheese, the best stuff in the city.
Speaker 1: Right there, toning down the street from your house. So there is a I was there yesterday and there's a framed newspaper article from nineteen eighty three. Yeah, okay, and it's this is the first paragraph. How do you start a business on a shoe string during a recession and make it go sell pasta? That's the first line of this article. Should go in and read it. And you know what we always known John. He's a little older, right that picture of him in nineteen eighty three, Look, I mean him and his wife.
Speaker 3: Oh and the best spaghetti sauce is the lots of pasta spaghetti sauce it is.
Speaker 1: But what a great story. Family owned and operated, they decided him and his wife girlfriend at the time, said We're going to start this pasta company in nineteen eighty three and it's twenty twenty four and they're doing more business than they ever have. And they're right there at thirty seven seventeen Lexington Road in the heart of Saint Matthews. You want to support local grocery, want to a local deli, You want to support local coffee, and that's what you want to get stuff for the grill too. Lots of positive back after this on news Radio eight forty whas