Speaker 1: This is Dan Caplis and welcome to today's online podcast edition of The Dan Caplis Show. Please be sure to give us a five star rating if you'd be so kind, and to subscribe, download and listen to the show every single day on your favorite podcast platform. Rian, please call the West Wing get two more hours today at least.
Speaker 2: There is so much going on in the world.
Speaker 1: Thank you to the lawman Sheriff Steve Reems for filling in yesterday while I was at a Catholic Charities board meeting, and you'll get more of Sheriff Freemes next week. I'm in this mode that I've been talking about for a while where I've all these jury trials coming up back to back, and next week we'll be meeting with some experts and other folks to prepare for trials. So just got an all star lineup for you, as we normally do when I'm gone, which makes me surprised every time my key card works on the way back in.
Speaker 2: But Sheriff Fremes will be with us next week.
Speaker 1: And Wayne Logison another listener suggestion as a fill in superstar Wain log from the Gazette. We'll be hosting a couple of shows next week as well, and of course we have our usual gang of top flight talents. So yeah, it's going to be a great week next week, and hopefully you'll still listen when I get back, and then it'll kind of be week on week off for me because they've got these four jury trials in six weeks, so.
Speaker 2: It's going to be it's going to be tremendous.
Speaker 1: Three three, seveone three eight two five five the number techs d an five seven seven three nine. Where to start? I think we have to start with Michael Bennett because there's finally some interest in the Colorado governor's race because.
Speaker 2: It looks like Michael Bennett's going to be the nominee.
Speaker 1: So I think people are starting to see what I've been saying for a while is true, that there is a real chance for a high quality GOP candidate with a great campaign, things break the right way, et cetera. Yeah, because I think anybody paying attention sees that as tough a nut as Colorado is to crack, is tall a hill as it is to climb, well, let's call it a mountain. Then at that point, hey, Michael Bennett, Michael Bennett gives you a chance and love the way the Denver Post came out and I respect the Post for it, and went after Michael Bennett for the same thing that I was going after him for the other day on air when he announced, which is, well, there are a few things, but in.
Speaker 2: Common we have a second.
Speaker 1: Bennett says he's going to keep his US Senate seat while running for governor, which is a beautiful thing, right, because if you're the GOP nominee and you want to beat Michael Bennett, that is like manna from heaven. Talk about the ultimate East Coast arrogant elitist. Oh yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah. You peons in Colorado. You elected me to go to the Senate, and you think I'm going to give that.
Speaker 2: Up while they run for governor. Well, I haven't been doing anything for you.
Speaker 1: Anyway, so why should I give that up while I run for governor?
Speaker 2: And then the big play.
Speaker 1: Behind all that that he wants to be able to appoint his own success or. So the Post really went after him on that as well, And I thought the way I read the superb Post editorial, I thought they were hinting at the possibility of criminality. Now they didn't use that word. This is just my optimistic read of their House editorial. But wait a second, didn't Ryan we had a guy right down the road, right down Hampton. We're broadcasting from our Denver Tech Center studios today.
Speaker 2: Right down Hampton.
Speaker 1: We had a guy incarcerated at the federal pen down there who used to be the governor of Illinois, right riding high at all that.
Speaker 2: Hair, right broad Blogoevitch.
Speaker 1: And then what happened, Well, there was a senator left, so he had sent Barack Obama. Some people have heard of him, so he had a Senate seat he got to make an appointment to and he said, you know, I'm paraphrasing for a family show. This thing's really valuable. I'm not giving it away for free. And so then he ends up in jail for that. Well, if Michael Bennett is actively using, actively using the implied suggestion, promise, etc. That wink wink not not, he may he may appoint you over here, Joe A Goose to the US Senate seed if you back me, I'm not saying there's been that conversation or that implication or anything purely hypothetical, purely hypothetical. If Michael Bennett or the Bennett minions are sending the message, Hey, Joe a goose, playball beck me, come stand behind me at City Park, and you may end up with that US Senate appointment, and it'll be a good long stretch that you'll be in that US Senate seat. And well, it seems to me that you know, if an I underline, if I don't know that anything like that has occurred, but if it occurs, seems a lot more likely that Joe no goose is going to get into line and everybody else out there who would hope to get that Senate appointment, which which, as I think the post points out in its own way, helps Michael Bennett keep people in line and peel people off, feel wiser, and the whole thing stinks to high Heaven, which I love because it gives the GOP nominee a better chance.
Speaker 3: This is such a.
Speaker 4: Great perspective, Dan, I'm glad you brought it up, and I'm glad that you made the Blago comparison, because there's the appearance of impropriety. It's certainly open to that type of corruption that you're talking about, and there's the conflict of interest that's inherent in this you and I had discussed this where I kind of popped off like it was a theory, and then you push back rightfully so by saying, look, Garrett Poulis, before he leaves office, might appoint the Senate replacement for Bennett should Bennett win, But that defeats the whole purpose for Bennett having that kind of power, that cudgel, if you will, politically, that if he were to remain in the Senate seat, which right out of the gate is you don't think you're gonna win, Why why don't you just run and abandon the seat?
Speaker 3: Now he's not doing that.
Speaker 4: But the only explanation, Dan, is what you're saying, what the Denver Post is saying, is that he wants to hold on that Senate seat because it's a carrot, because Jonah Goose won't run against him, because he can have like a playoff to decide who gets to take the Senate seat that he would be vacating for the Governor's chair. This has it stinks, like you said, Yeah, And as the Post says, impertinent part as they like to say, Bennett must send a clear message to Colorados that he's in it to win it, and that he won't play political games with this vacant seat.
Speaker 1: We are certain the power to appoint his successor would sideline some Democrats on a short list for the appointment who would otherwise be tempted to back Wiser. That alone doesn't feel like a fair fight. See, that's the thing, right. I think the Post from the beginning has been supportive of the Wiser candidacy, and I think that's probably why they're doing this.
Speaker 2: Though.
Speaker 1: You'd want to do this anyway, right, even if they didn't support Wiser. You would want to do this because, first, I've got to believe the Post obviously wants the Democrat to win, and Bennett acting so obviously that's the thing. Give him a little credit for this, would you. He is not hiding his elitism, his entitlement, his arrogance. He's making no effort to hide it.
Speaker 3: Here.
Speaker 2: He is right up front with it.
Speaker 3: He isn't even.
Speaker 1: Pretending, you know, to play friend of the regular guy or anything like that. He's just coming right out and saying, I'm going to win this seat, and so I'm holding onto the Senate seat. I don't care what anybody thinks, you know, I don't care that the people of Colorado want a full time senator. I'm going to win this thing. I'm holding on to all of this double middle finger. So give him a little bit of credit for being right up.
Speaker 2: Front with it.
Speaker 1: But what a gift, What a gift by revealing himself, right, What a gift to whoever that GOP nominee is, because it gives you a much better chance to win than would otherwise be there, because you know, this is the sort of thing that cuts through the noise. Right, if you talk about the typical talking points, those aren't moving anybody.
Speaker 2: Those are not moving anybody.
Speaker 1: So if we end up with the GOP nominee who's doing the typical talking point.
Speaker 2: Thing, we'll just pack it in. That race is over. But you need the stuff that cuts through the noise.
Speaker 1: And this kind of open, blatant, in your face, arrogant entitlement from Bennett, especially with this background, you know, the whole East Coast blue blood thing. Yeah, that's the kind of thing that can cut through the noise. The other thing Ryan, that I think really helps that the GOP on this and helps.
Speaker 2: Open the eyes of all Coloradin's is listen.
Speaker 1: Arrogance is always a bad look, right, We've all fallen victim to it at some point. It's always a bad look. But undeserved arrogance, there's a better word for it.
Speaker 2: Let's say, well go with that for now.
Speaker 1: What is Michael Bennett ever done, ever done to make him think he can get away with this kind of arrogance?
Speaker 2: Listen, if if.
Speaker 1: You had Tiger Woods or something, Yeah, Tiger Woods, he just won his twenty third major or whatever, and he makes a mistake of getting a little arrogant. It's still a bad look, but at least you can say it's Tiger Blanket Woods. He's just won his twenty third major. Michael Bennett. Nobody has ever done less with more?
Speaker 2: The door's open, who's going to walk through? You're on the Dan Kepla Show.
Speaker 3: And now back to the Dan Kapla Show podcast.
Speaker 1: Jagger was a good singer, right, he had some other issues because Kylie Simon wrote that about Mick Jagger.
Speaker 4: Right, Wow, there's a lot of rumors, and that it was actually maybe about two different people. David Geffen, that's the one that flew his private judge sy the total eclipse of the Sun.
Speaker 3: But then, of course Warren Batty, who.
Speaker 2: Was all I thought it was a Mick Jagget. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yes, he's singing in the song with her. Oh okay, maybe that's where I got the idea. But the point being if you just joined is Ryan played that because of Michael Bennett, because this is one of the funniest things I've ever seen in my life. We have had arguably, and i'd ask your take on this. You can call us through a three someone three eight two five five text DA and five seven seven three nine. Is this the single most blatant display of political arrogance in the history of the state of Colorado. Michael Bennett saying he's going to stay in the Senate seat while he runs for governor.
Speaker 2: And he's going to appoint his successor. Even the Denver Post came.
Speaker 1: Out and slammed him for it. So that's why Ryan played that song. But again, arrogance never a good look. But whoever that song was written about, at least they'd accomplish something. And this is not meant as a pejorative. I'm sure he's a good father, a good husband, a nice person in his lane, but he is the least accomplished person in high office probably in Colorado history. Nobody has ever done less with more so to get this kind of arrogance from him. Is it's just fun. It's great for the Republicans. It's tremendous entertainment, and it's probably exactly what we needed to get somebody interested in this governor's race. Let's go to the phone lines. We'll start with Dean in ar Veda. You're on the Dan Kaplis Show.
Speaker 2: Welcome, Hey, Dan, thank you.
Speaker 1: Hey.
Speaker 5: If you don't run for governor, I don't think we can win.
Speaker 2: Oh man, it's so nice you to say. I would respectfully disagree, but it's so nice of you to say.
Speaker 6: Well.
Speaker 5: And then the last thing I want to say, I know you're really fast on time. Is then allowed to do all these things like appoint his own successor and stay in office? I mean, is there there's no rules?
Speaker 2: I guess you just rule right, there's no rule.
Speaker 1: I mean that the people, the people can say no, that the people are the only limit on them.
Speaker 2: If this is his big and title, Trene, what's the chance of you running for governor? You know, that's a fair question that I'd rather not answer right now.
Speaker 3: Is that is that?
Speaker 2: Okay?
Speaker 6: D okay?
Speaker 5: That's fine?
Speaker 3: Yah?
Speaker 1: I was you answer, oh no, no, no, no, just listen this this I will guarantee you. Okay, this, I will guarantee you. I will never tease about this. And number two, if I do end up running for this or any other office, what you're going to get from me, It's going to be a campaign like you've never seen before. It is going to be brutal. It is going to be brutal honesty. It is going to be direct, no political games. So a question like that, the question like that is is a kind of question you will get an absolute direct answer to. The only reason I don't give it to you now is, as you might imagine, right for anybody, there are a lot of different family conversations and pieces and everything else, and I I just don't want to say any thing publicly until everything's addressed with folks.
Speaker 2: You know, in the family.
Speaker 5: You're still working on the cyberbe's truck, right, oh.
Speaker 2: My lord?
Speaker 1: And and I will promise you this if and underlying if, because it's a big if.
Speaker 2: If I get into a race, that's my campaign car.
Speaker 1: I mean you will have just think think of all the billboard space on a cyber truck.
Speaker 2: You know, absolutely, I've had a TAO for a lot.
Speaker 1: Of years, this and that, but it doesn't have as much billboard space.
Speaker 2: Thank you, Dean, Hey appreciate the call. There.
Speaker 1: Listen, here's what we know right the Republican Party now, especially since it looks like Michael Bennett's going to be the nominee of the Democrats and he's started out in such a terrific way for the GOP, the GOP is going to have a lot of good candidates. It's going to be a really interesting race that way, because you're going to have a lot of talented people in this governor's race on the GOP side, and so that's kind of fun to watch because then the nominee may win with what do you think, Ryan, the nominee if if I'm right, and you're gonna have at least five really high quality, respectable, accomplished GOP candidates in that primary, and then you'll probably have another five good people who just aren't, you know, as maybe high profile, but anybody could win because I think in the end, your GOP nominee might get twenty percent of the vote with that many good candidates twenty five percent of the votes. So it creates it creates a really cool dynamic. Right, Because you've got that going, you got that possibility, But then you'll also have more attention on the GOP and more interesting. Then comes a big challenge, right Ryan, have you ever been part of a circular firing squad?
Speaker 4: I mean, not willingly, not what I wanted to be, but yeah, sometimes in some ways.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Okay, yeah, because that's going to be the big challenge for the GOP because it's going to have a bunch of good people in that primary, and then somebody's gonna win, and they're going to win without.
Speaker 2: Fifty percent of the vote.
Speaker 1: They may win without thirty percent of the vote, and then the challenge for the GOP is going to be can they unite around that nominee?
Speaker 2: Because look at the math.
Speaker 1: If the GOP doesn't unite around that nominee, there is no chance. If the GOP learns the lessons of the past and unites around the nominee, then you're at least in the game. Three or three seven three eight two five five the number text d an five seven seven three.
Speaker 2: Now, so it's getting good. It's getting fun now in Colorado, where I think everybody's.
Speaker 1: Starting to see what I've been saying for a while, yeah, the GOP they've got a shot here, and not a dumb and dumber shot.
Speaker 2: Do we have that in our button bar? How does that go again? So you're saying I have a chance.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, And that just proves to you that our marriage was meant to be and it was destined to succeed, because that was the first I think that was the first movie I ever took Amy two bold movement. We're dating dumb and dumber and you took her to a sporting event, right, Well, I think it was the second time we went that really tested the relationship because I saw that movie twice.
Speaker 2: I love that movie. I love that movie.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: First date was c U c SU game, all right, all right.
Speaker 1: Second date two days later because it was a Monday night game Broncos Raiders. Third date was a presidential debate, which I think was maybe the next night.
Speaker 2: Huh.
Speaker 1: So if she saw me for a fourth time, you knew there was you knew I had a chance.
Speaker 4: Well, all of that combined with Dumb and Dumber Dan, this a whole bunch of guy oriented stuff for the most part, I mean, largely, with the exception maybe.
Speaker 1: She's a big she's a big football That's why she's she really is. She's a big football fan. Well it's not the only reason, it's one, but but now she is a Yeah, maybe I'll put that on my next gift tour, but she might take it the wrong way.
Speaker 3: Careful how you play that?
Speaker 2: You know the other thing?
Speaker 1: And we have Greg Lopez coming up, right, We did four six Greg's officially and the governors.
Speaker 2: I see what I mean.
Speaker 1: We're gonna have a lot of good people in that governor's race on the GOP side. But you know what really convinced me that this was meant to be was I had just come off a long trial, so you know how it isn't during trial. Yeah, you may be getting an hour or two of sleep a night, just come off a long trial. We have our first date c UCSU game. We're sitting there afterwards watching the Skins game. I think I can't remember we're watching some kind of golf tournament. Unfortunately I dozed off. Not a great look on the first date, right, at least not before the sun goes down. But hey, she saw she saw the real me underneath everything else whatever it was, Thank goodness, she stayed. Hey when we come back, Greg Lopez. He is in the governor's race. We'll talk to Greg next. You're on the Dan Capla Show.
Speaker 3: You're listening to the Dan Caplis Show podcast.
Speaker 1: Boy, just have to love President Trump, right, just all these fresh ideas, that's what you need. You're the latest today Ryan. You may have been talked about. Ryan does a great show from two to four in the Denver market. Just before this show starts, he's going to be soon offering a cash stipend and a plane ticket to everybody whose self deports. That is going to be fascinating to watch. Hey, let's go the VIP line. Greg Lopez kind enough to join us after a successful stint in the US Congress, has now entered the race for governor in this great state of Colorado. Greg, welcome back to the Dan Caplis Show.
Speaker 6: Hey, Dan, it's great to be on your show again. And you know what, you're absolutely correct about Senator Michael Bennett. I mean talk about, you know, really opening the door for us, you know, because if he is going to be their lead candidate, I welcome that all day home.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, and it sure looks to me as if he's going to be right. I mean, to me, he doesn't get in this race unless it's wired. And you know, he had No Goose behind him at Crow, but that's relatively meaningless. No Goose was the big one, right, because I think if if No Goose was the DEM nominee, he would be the toughest of the whole crew to beat.
Speaker 2: I think Bennett probably the easiest.
Speaker 1: Maybe Diamond Mike Johnston from Denver, but Bennett a close second. Any of them are going to be tough though, right, just given the numbers in Colorado. But what a gift Bennett's given right out of the gate.
Speaker 6: Yeah, you know, and when you say he is an elitist, that is a band, you know, and people are starting to see it. I mean I remember when he was the superintendent of Denver Public Schools, you know, and how that hall went down with then Mayor Hickelooper and that whole thing. So yeah, you're spot on.
Speaker 2: Well, hey, Greg lopezarkchiss.
Speaker 1: What's so interesting to me about that is, Listen, he's got that elitist label baggage that he has to deal with, because I mean, he have that silver spoon East Coast DC.
Speaker 2: Upbringing right now.
Speaker 1: I bet you and I have both known plenty of people who had that kind of upbringing and just turned into two great, generous, regular everyday people. But then you have other people who have that upbringing and they say stay snobs their whole life. So he knows he has that baggage, and he decides to come out of the.
Speaker 2: Gate with this this king.
Speaker 1: Move that he's not going to give up the Senate seat and he's going to appoint his successor. You know, talk about a double middle finger. If the guy had three arms, it would have been a triple middle finger.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I totally agree with you. You know, and as you can feel it and you're saying it, Look, the winds are shifting in Colorado. The voters are really looking at what happened to them over the last eight years, what happened with a single party run here in Colorado. And you know, you and I have talked of this before, but you know, here we are, Colorado has been turned into the ugly twin sister of California, with the high rise of housing criminal elements. When you name it, we're the ugly twin sister.
Speaker 1: Well, we're left to California now right, I mean California doesn't have this new licensing law for guns, this SB three that just passed. But Craig, as a former Democrat myself, I think the challenge right now for you and anybody else who's a candidate is Okay, you know that this craziness from Bennett and all the horrible things happen in the state are going to cause more people to open their eyes and to at least look at a Republican. But I remember when I was a Democrat, there was just such this negative stereotype of the GOP, And once I got into the GOP, I realized it was false. But until I got into the GOP, I thought it was true. So what do you do now, what do you use a candidate for governor do to make it clear to these folks who are maybe for the first time taking a look at a GOP candidate.
Speaker 2: What do you do to just defy that stereotype.
Speaker 6: Well, first of all, you know, I do what I've been doing since twenty eighteen when I would go to the Democratic Dulmatoa forms because if we were all invited and I would go, and I would be sitting next to Polis and Donald Linn and Kerry Kennedy and my Dinnocent and I would be showing the narrative of who the Conservative Republican Party was, you know, and people are like, we had no idea that's what you guys stand for.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, that's good, exactly what.
Speaker 6: We stand for. And they're like, I would tell them, you know, you'd be careful because some of the questions you're answering it sounds like you're a Republican And they're like, really, yeah, that's exactly what we believe in.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know, I'm.
Speaker 6: Just going to be out there talking to them and sharing that's really what they want to know. Can we connect with them now?
Speaker 2: That that is smart? That is smart?
Speaker 1: And now Greg Greg Lopez running for governor in the great state of Colorado.
Speaker 2: How can people learn more about you?
Speaker 6: You know, they can go to my website Greg Lopez dot co Greg Lopez dot co, you know, and you can go there learn a little bit more about me. But right now, what I'm wanting to do is make sure people understand that, you know, I'm going to be listening to everyone and I'm going to be the governor of everyone, regardless of whether they vote from me or not. And so I'm asking people to share with me what they believe the Colorado's dream is for them and their family, and what is the nightmares that they've been dealing with, what's keeping them from reaching that Colorado dream that everybody moved here to achieve. So, yeah, go to my website because our new mam our new tagline is people over Politics. We're going to make sure we focus on the quality of life everybody here in the state of Colorado.
Speaker 1: Well, I can tell you I've enjoyed every minute I've spent around you. You're an extremely likable guy, and I think that people around the state who get to know you will feel the exact same way.
Speaker 2: So good luck out there, my friend, and we'll talk soon.
Speaker 6: Hey, I appreciate it, Take care you.
Speaker 2: Two.
Speaker 1: That is Greg Lopez running for governor THREEOT three someone three eight two five five texts d an five seven seven three nine. So we've got calls and text and all of that and we'll get to it. But now it's fun right because of the Bennett stuff, because people can say, wow, he's going to be their nominee, and even the Denver Post is pounding him his second day in the race. Yeah, Hey, this is going to be fun and Trump?
Speaker 2: What do you think about this? How much should he pay? I'd like to get your take on that.
Speaker 1: Da n five seven seven three nine three oh three someone three eight two five five. President Trump says going to be offering cash to people here illegally to cashing a plane ticket to leave the country and self deport.
Speaker 2: So how much should that payment be? Ryan?
Speaker 1: What do you think it take? What do you think that that would take? How much money? I know it's a different person to person, but generally speaking, would it take for what? Oh?
Speaker 2: I'm sorry, we would Yeah.
Speaker 1: I'm sorry, we'd love we'd love to have you on the show. I know, no, no, I I touched the first part. I got a million things to do. But how much you know? Trump has said that going to be paying folks here illegally to leave, give them a plane ticket and give him some cash. How much cash do you think it would take the typical person here illegally to get.
Speaker 2: Him to leave?
Speaker 3: Ten grand?
Speaker 2: Wow, that's interesting. I love your take.
Speaker 1: If you happen to be here illegally, we would really like your take because you probably have a much better feel for this.
Speaker 2: But how much would it take? Plane ticket? In cash. I don't think he's going to be offering that much to you.
Speaker 4: No, if you're asking, though, what it would take to convince somebody to you know, they're worth their trouble, uproot their lives, relocate back to where theyreated. You know, Tank Grant should do it. And you're right, probably not going to be that much. But if you're gonna seal the deal, I think that would be the number.
Speaker 1: Well, and the deal i'm sure will include if you come back after that, you're going to jail.
Speaker 2: Right, So you you think grand back you.
Speaker 1: Got, well, you got to and then some something worse you got that You're going to have that in the deal. It'll be fascinating just to see what the number and the whole comp package is for leaving. But obviously what makes this thing work, right, The only reason that's going to work is because there is now a real concern on the part of a lot of people here illegally that they are going to get deported. So the question is, you know a lot of people may be thinking, do I wait around and get kicked out of the country without any money and without a plane ticket, or do I take this deal?
Speaker 3: Right?
Speaker 1: Kind of like the buyouts you see at a lot of corporations. Dan, your naive, says a Texter. If you think the GOP has a chance, we are in articulate candidates don't be candidates with tons of money and forty nine percent of the voters already in their pocket. Well, hey, it's not supposed to be easy, you know. Go go back and ask the founders. Go back, Alexander Hamilton. All the people have fought the Revolutionary War. It's not supposed to be easy. That's not how you make history. And by the way, I think the GOP is going to have multiple very articulate, qualified candidates in that race. Dan, She thought, the poor guy is exhausted, but he's still made time for me. That a Texter, thank you for the kindness behind that. Talking about how my first date with Amy I had just come off a trial. We went to see UCSU game, and then I fell asleep while we watched a golf tournament, and yet there was still a second date. So you're right she might have put that very positive spin on it. Alright, let's come back to our great text and calls, and how much do you think President Trump will need to offer people here illegally to leave along with the plane ticket.
Speaker 2: You're on the Dan Kapla Show.
Speaker 3: And now back to the Dan Kaplas Show podcast.
Speaker 2: Stephen Iland, I don't understand what the confusion is. This individual is a citizen of Osaviagor. He was illegally in the United States and was returned to this country.
Speaker 1: That's where you deport people back to their country of origin, except for Venezuela refusing to take people.
Speaker 2: Back in places like that. I can tell you this, mister President.
Speaker 1: No, the forign policy of the United States is conducted by the President of the United States, not by a court, and no court in the United States has a right to conduct a form policy of the United States?
Speaker 6: Is that sent it?
Speaker 2: Boy? Marco Rubio on a roll? He is.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I've always thought he was great, but he's really grown in this job. So it has to gon to be a whale of a twenty eight primary, which starts when oh, yeah, like November fifth, right, So it's already on, but it will be out in the open obviously after the mid terms. Two or three seven three eight two five five takes d A n five seven seven three nine For the first time in a very long time, Colorado politics interesting for Republicans since Michael Bennett the presumptive nominee now and the very arrogant, stumbling.
Speaker 2: Move out of the gate.
Speaker 1: Even the Denver Post hammering m as Republicans thinking wow, we could really win this thing, And I'm saying, yeah, I've been telling you that for a while. So at least it is interesting now, and we have much more to talk about beyond that. But I want to get to some text on this President Trump on all this. But President Trump's saying he's going to be offering cash to folks here illegally, cash and a plane ticket to leave. Obviously there's a stick along with that carrot, right, because the threat is you may be thrown out with nothing anyway. But this says Dan, five thousand plus ticket to self deport now, careful vetting for permanent record, chance to apply for legal entry after five years, and repay the five thousand. Interesting texts, thank you. Do you think the deal will have those kind of terms? Ryan that, Hey, if you self deport now, then you've got a chance to get back in the right way, tex Dan only a plane ticket if they don't leave and get deported, they waive any future Well, the President's already said there's going to be some cash, But what's your guess as to the amount? Because the texture points out, Hey, Dan, ten thousand, that puts us somewhere in the five trillion dollar range just to get rid of five million illegal immigrants, right, and we know that isn't going to happen, right, So, I mean, I don't think the President's can offer anywhere near that amount. Let's see, Danny should offer what the Democrats offered the victims in North Carolina seven hundred and fifty bucks, maybe one thousand, because he is a generous person. How'd that work out for the Democrats there in North Carolina?
Speaker 2: Right? I mean, wow, it's just it's.
Speaker 1: Remarkable how power corrupts, right, I mean, as you think about your own life right now, any of us.
Speaker 2: I think it's part of the human condition.
Speaker 1: If we think back on some moment when we had some kind of big power, some kind of ultimate power, whatever, you know, large power, you can probably think of times that you really handled that great and did great things. And you can probably think of times where you know, what made me a little cocky and probably didn't handle that also. Well, I think that's just part of human nature. But clearly, and this is part of the circle of life. Right, You've got a guy like Bennett right now who is so obviously intoxicated with power, which is hilarious because the guy's accomplished nothing, right, and arrogance is never a good look. But you can look at some people on the left who are arrogant and you can say, yeah, not a good look, and their ideas are horrible, but they're really talented people, and you can see how maybe they got this distorted view a guy like Bennett who just isn't and hasn't done much well anything, really, Yeah, how does he ever get that?
Speaker 2: Arrogant? But drunk with power?
Speaker 1: Right, So drunk with power, he's out there today doubling down, defying the Denver posts and saying no, he's going to stay in the Senate during the campaign. End, he's going to appoint a success or when he wins. Just keep talking like that, Mike three or three? Someone three, two, five, five? The number.
Speaker 2: Yeah, So if you had to bet your car.
Speaker 1: On how much President Trump is going to offer, what would that number be? For some reason, the number that just keeps popping into my mind is a thousand bucks in a plane ticket. I just think it's gonna be somewhere in there. Do you think the whole thing's a bad idea? Do you think it's gonna work? How many people do you think leave? How many people do you think will leave and then try to get back in? This is gonna be an amazing thing to watch. And uh, Dan, what do you think Mayor Mikey will do since his hopes of stepping up to the gov job and won't be happening anytime soon.
Speaker 2: That from our friend Alexa, And that is a good.
Speaker 1: Question, I mean, get more extreme because obviously he was out there doing these lunatic things, just trying to attract the attention of the big money on the left and outflame people to the left because that's where all the money is in Democrat primaries and and that didn't work out so well for him. Yeah, but what will he try to do now?
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 1: It's just sad to me because I remember were you around in those days? Right, we've been blessed with your presence. Now what about six years?
Speaker 2: Seven?
Speaker 3: Almost seven? No, yeah, six and a half November twenty eighteen.
Speaker 2: That's remarkable. It's been a while.
Speaker 1: Think of all the things that happened then I've turned to remember there was a time, there was an era when Mike Johnston would come on the show often as I was before me State Legends, and you know, we disagreed about lots of things, but cool guy, straight shooter, you know, just so much different than he is right now. But it just goes back to that power thing, right, It just messes people up. Turn three someone three eight two five five text dam five seven seven.
Speaker 2: Three Now and who's them to? What does the answer to Dan? Well, you know you mean in terms of the big lefty donors.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, exactly, shadowy figures, exactly.
Speaker 1: Well, I'm not saying anything illegal, right, but I don't think it's any secret, but the big money in the Democratic Party is on the far far left, and their attitude is, Hey, if I win the primary, I'm winning the general. So I can go as crazy psycho far left as I want to to win the primary and I'm still going to win the general because Republicans are dog meat. I mean, that's the attitude of these Democrats, and that's the best chance the GOP has, right, because the old pride cometh before the fall, and we're all guilty of that to a certain extent. But the Democratic Party in Colorado right now, the stuff they're doing, the stuff Bennett's doing, they're out there saying, hey, if you tell your boy with all those boy parts that he's really a boy and not in a girl, you're going to lose custody. I mean, that's how drunk with power and arrogance and crazy they are right now.
Speaker 2: That cometh before the fall. It's time for the fall. You're on the game kapital ship.