Speaker 1: There three letters on the shirt of Roman Rains O T C. And I'm gonna take.
Speaker 2: A wild guess and say that that probably means original Tribal Chief. Hello everybody, and welcome to the Summer Slam post show. I'm Jackie Redman alongside Biggie Peter Rosenberg and way to bear it. There are a lot of layers to peel back on this Summer Slam Onion, but let's start with the big dog. Roman Rains returns to help of all people, the American Nightmare, Cody Roads.
Speaker 3: Look, I'll be honest, I had to put my worker broadcaster head side. I became a fan.
Speaker 4: I got chills. That was such a cool moment.
Speaker 3: I think people were ready for it, they were excited for it, and look I got giddy. It's very cool to see Roman Rains, a true tribal chief back where he belongs to.
Speaker 5: Ww RAE And I thought you said a really interesting thing just now while we were watching the match.
Speaker 6: Maybe less about helping Cody.
Speaker 5: Rhodes and more about showing solo shikoo what.
Speaker 6: Time it is.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I think you've hit the nail on the head there. Absolutely not helping Cody Roads at all.
Speaker 6: He was just cub beneficiary.
Speaker 7: He's just so happy to be Okay, really, I'm coming after Solos and said some incredibly insulting things to me. Sometimes when you go away on vacation, squatters move in. And went away on vacation, a squatter moved into the seat at the head of the table.
Speaker 1: Listen.
Speaker 2: I don't know what Solo Socoa expected on Friday Night snackdown when he used the word week to describe Roman rains, but I think that that woke up the bear, and he showed up the straw.
Speaker 6: That broke the camel's back.
Speaker 7: Because there has been multiple instances of Solo talking a little snack here and there over the past few months, to which Roman has not responded. That perhaps was one step too far by Solo.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think so.
Speaker 2: Ande reading for a big moment, to make a big statement, and we certainly saw that from a Roman rains tonight.
Speaker 1: Shock excitement.
Speaker 2: I don't know what words to use an orment, but the words that my coleus were never in a millision years did I think I would see this transpire this way.
Speaker 1: Let's take it back to ringside for.
Speaker 2: Instant reaction from the guys who called this match Michael Cole and Corey.
Speaker 4: Grat and Pat McAfee's jacket.
Speaker 8: But the bottom line is this is the message ring side Okay, Boodline rules and I've still got goosebumps.
Speaker 9: I have chills over.
Speaker 4: This place was thunderous.
Speaker 10: You couldn't hear yourself fake with the return role, it was like.
Speaker 9: The walls were gonna cave in.
Speaker 10: One of the loudest experiences.
Speaker 4: I've ever felt for the return of.
Speaker 11: The original, the one and only Tribal Chief.
Speaker 12: I've been as baffled as anybody as the how this was gonna play out.
Speaker 10: Solo's gonna have the helgram.
Speaker 12: Yeah, when a goat walks into a stadium, you could feel him.
Speaker 4: And when Roman walked out and.
Speaker 12: Did what he did, and Solo's the car to tell him, hey, listen, I'm the OTC around here.
Speaker 10: You need to stuck with this stuff, and then.
Speaker 12: Let Cony Rhodes get the win, and then pointed back at the There's just so much to kind of unfolding tonight.
Speaker 4: That's been well, it's been.
Speaker 8: An incredible night. I mean, let's not forget but the living Morgan and Dominic mysterio, God knows where they are. The Honeymoon suite somewhere new World Heavyweight Champion good the Vin Valor turning on Damian Priest, I mean, Naya Jacks, the new champions. I mean, the whole night has been absolutely incredible. We're so privileged that we were able to spend the last four hours with you in your hold. Thank you for joining us through Summer Slam. Let's head back up to Jackie and Company.
Speaker 2: Thank you all COH boys, thank you so much. I mean, what an absolutely incredibly entertaining end to Summer Slam.
Speaker 1: Tonight here in Cleveland, Ohio.
Speaker 2: We are gonna bring you all of the post show reaction, will take you live to the press conference momentarily.
Speaker 1: We'll hear from numerous people at the press conference, Paul T. H Levec. Of course, we'll hear from.
Speaker 2: New WWE Women's Champion Naya Jacks. I believe she'll be joined by Miss Money in the Bank, Tiffany Stratton. I believe we'll hear from La Night amongst others as well. So a lot to get to here on the post show, but I'm still I am still reeling well from the arrival of the tribal.
Speaker 5: And on that Jackie, you know what I enjoyed as a fan, and I loved watching big Ee like get chills. That was so cool because it was happening in real life. It was like the whole everyone's been wondering on the internet in the wrestling community, what's it gonna feel like? What's that reaction gonna be when Roman Reigns comes back. You could argue that was the greatest reaction Roman Reigns has ever gotten.
Speaker 4: And he's had some crazy reactions.
Speaker 3: Yes, yes, it's definitely up there, and man, people are ready for it. People are excited for it. I don't know where we're going, but this possible bloodline civil war has got me excited.
Speaker 4: I can't wait to see where this goes.
Speaker 7: There is no civil war. Solo has a crew of guys right now, is on his own. He's got no for now.
Speaker 4: But but as we know, the fo in our family is very.
Speaker 6: Large, very long.
Speaker 5: It seems like time you think it's over, someone else shows up.
Speaker 1: Yes, it's never ending in a lot of ways.
Speaker 5: But to the point Cole just made to think about it, we're all so high off the Roman Reigns return. We can't forget about all the incredible things we saw to the.
Speaker 2: Exactly four championships changed hands tonight in this stadium behind us, We've got a new United States champion in l a Night. He has been working towards that for a very long time.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he has.
Speaker 2: Now Your Jackson mentioned is the new w w E Women's champion. Damian Priest loses his World Heavyweight championship to Gunther, gets betrayed in.
Speaker 5: The possle to say, is it time, guys? Is it time we pour out a little liquor for the Judgment Day? Because let's be let's let's be realistic.
Speaker 6: Who's running that show? Now?
Speaker 5: I don't over guys. Else Listen, I love Carlito, but if Carlito's running the Judgment Day, we have serious problems.
Speaker 6: Guys.
Speaker 1: The Judgment Day is in shamble, shambles today, shambles. It's an exclamation point.
Speaker 2: Like Vince Carter, it is over for the judgmental.
Speaker 1: Okay, I don't know the reason.
Speaker 4: What is the reason why?
Speaker 9: Benn?
Speaker 2: That's it's a question that hopefully we'll get an answer to in the coming weeks.
Speaker 1: But I would not want to be facing Damian Priests and how Monday night he grabbed Finn by.
Speaker 5: The throat and let's not let's not ignore the makeout scene around the world. I mean that was a dominick. I mean I knew he was disgusting, but this was a new level. I didn't know what was possible, and you talked about it earlier. This meant, Jackie, are we missing something in the charm of dominic Mysterio? Help me understand what Live Morgan Andrea Ripley have seen in dominic Mysterio.
Speaker 1: I don't know. Sometimes something's so bad it's good.
Speaker 7: I appreciate something to us three lack. He has an animal magnety?
Speaker 4: Is that what it is?
Speaker 7: The women just ca resisted Live Morgan and dominant mysteria. This is true of full the Ages. I'm eye full on one day in Holy You know that that's a step too.
Speaker 4: I know that was really insane.
Speaker 5: But how about this, What a weird feeling to see Rea Ripley, one of the most dominant women I think already maybe we've ever seen a.
Speaker 6: W we in her short career.
Speaker 5: I actually found myself like feeling bad for her, Like, what a weird position to see Rhea Ripley in at the end of that match.
Speaker 3: More than anything, I think it's the ultimate betrayal. You know, she coming back from injury and now the person your your number one up decides to come around the judgment day and they're just glad handing with her and then to have this go down the way he did with dom Uh and to have.
Speaker 4: Her moment he's got a new number one up.
Speaker 3: Yes, Yes, he does serious. Yes, And if I was Domb, I would run exactly.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: For for Ria Ripley too.
Speaker 2: I think in a lot of ways, this is the person that she helped build up, that she helped find himself in w W E right, like he's never been as confident as we've seen him during his course of time with the Judgment dab but I mentioned four titles changing hands.
Speaker 1: We haven't got to all of them yet.
Speaker 2: Ron Breaker is our new Intercontinental Champion after winning.
Speaker 1: He rematch with Sammy Zane. I mentioned a lot of layers on this summer Slam Onion.
Speaker 2: We haven't mentioned Sampunk and Drew McIntyre and that insane match that has been building four months. Seem Punk in his first singles match at a premium live event in.
Speaker 1: Over a decade.
Speaker 2: What did you make of what happened there with Seth Rollins as the guest referee.
Speaker 1: Drew McIntyre gets the win. But there is a lot more happening than just that.
Speaker 3: Look, you got a ring full of three hot heads, and Drew was the most level headed of the three. Great point in that moment. When you're up against a monster, a beast like Drew.
Speaker 4: You can't be worried about bracelet.
Speaker 3: I know that's my friend. I'll tell him that to his face. Look, that's not your actual wife and your actual dog.
Speaker 6: In the ring.
Speaker 3: Take care of finness. Worry about jewelry later, my man.
Speaker 6: Welcome to the dog side.
Speaker 13: Big.
Speaker 6: I will tell you this.
Speaker 7: I show the entirety of SummerSlam was fantastic, but the Drew McIntire CM Punk match hang it in the louver, it was perfect.
Speaker 6: Justice was seen today. Justice has prevailed.
Speaker 7: And finally McIntire has taken out CM Punk and he can move on with his life.
Speaker 2: Here's the thing, though, is he going to move on Drew McIntyre, Because after that match was over, he made a point to take back that bracelet with CM Punk's wife aj Lee's name and their dog Larry, put it on his wrist and kiss it.
Speaker 1: Over CM Punk's like laid out body. I don't think this is.
Speaker 6: It's spoils of war.
Speaker 7: You take a little memento and you pin it on your mantlepiece, and it's not.
Speaker 4: Gonna say even if it's over.
Speaker 5: For if it's over for Drew McIntyre, it's not over for CM Punk, it's not going to be over now.
Speaker 10: Positive note CM.
Speaker 5: Punk gets in the ring, gets to shake off some ring. Russ has a match. But obviously there's only one thing he wanted and was to beat down Drew McIntyre front of fifty thousand, and he did not get that satisfaction tonight for you.
Speaker 3: Look, but for Punk's sake, sometimes you gotta look your wounds and realize, look, this needs to be over.
Speaker 6: Let's move on.
Speaker 3: With his age, with his injury history, I'm not sure that it behooves him.
Speaker 4: You think he's to continue.
Speaker 3: I think it's best for him to move on, to realize, look, I lost this chapter.
Speaker 6: Let me move on.
Speaker 4: So are you gonna say this to you?
Speaker 5: You're gonna tell him number one, it's not really your wife and dog, it's just a bracelet, and number two, you.
Speaker 6: Need to move on, move on.
Speaker 4: I want to hear this conversame though, I'll give you a call.
Speaker 2: Yes, Drew McIntyre kissed the bracelet like that's too much for me, Like that those are the people that mean the most to you, and this man's kissing the bracelet in your face.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 2: It is a little bit poetic, however, that all these times you've seen true McIntyre and there is the host of Summer Slam, the Miz taken off with his beautiful life.
Speaker 5: Good Night Race, good night for the Miz, good night for our truth, good night for jelly Roll.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean Jelly Roll was taking chairs to people.
Speaker 7: Head of a slam too, Oh my goodness, and closest to the in ring debut.
Speaker 1: Of listen, it's something I want to see. I mean, the man can use a chair.
Speaker 7: Right and the one hand I don't know.
Speaker 14: I was impressed.
Speaker 2: I do want to say one other thing though about about Drew and Punk, because in all these instances where you know, Punk costs Drew the shot at Championships, it's because he took his eyes off the prize and focus on Punk. And then tonight Punk takes his eyes off the prize being Drew McIntyre and focuses on Seth and it costs him. It's a little bit of karma coming around maybe for CM punk. But like I said, there has been so much to look at, analyze, digest from SummerSlam here in Cleveland. Let's take you now, uh live to the press conference. We've got someone taking the podium now.
Speaker 13: And now Mie.
Speaker 3: Harder Lemonade presents the Summer Slam post show.
Speaker 15: You ain't nothing better? Yeah right, yeah, you try to keep me down on the ground and.
Speaker 16: I can hear you.
Speaker 17: OK.
Speaker 13: Gonna start with our first question.
Speaker 18: Wait, now you're gonna start with everybody congratulating me first, go ahead, thank you. You have the Queen and the chap and miss money in the bank.
Speaker 19: It okay, God, Stephanie Hypes here with body slam. Neet, congratulations Queen, and congratulations Tiffy. It's been six years since you one. You're a Women's World tie the one WWE. How does this differ? Does it feel different? A lot's happened since then? So what do you think?
Speaker 18: Well, it is pretty incredible. It's actually our first Summer Slam ever. I've never been a part of a Summer Slam, so this is my very first Summer Slam. Uh So it does mean a lot. It was pretty incredible that TIF came out and shared the moment with me. My mother was there, my aunt was there. Uh so it means a lot because it's been quite a journey for me. But yeah, thanks.
Speaker 6: Kau Sama.
Speaker 18: Who are you asking next?
Speaker 6: Hey, it's just been here for.
Speaker 13: Hey.
Speaker 20: It's Adrian Hernandez with Unlikely Naya. A year ago right now, you weren't even in the company and now to have this championship, you brought up your family in a stadium sixty thousand people.
Speaker 6: How does it feel?
Speaker 18: It's pretty curdle just trying to get me cry. First of all, Chill, It's pretty incredible because a year ago it was a different position for me. But I I am extremely grateful for Triple h for taking a chance on me, not just a year ago, but ten years ago when he hired me here. So it's been an incredible journey and I'm grateful for the opportunity.
Speaker 21: Reggie Edwards Indie Sports Daily, Naya, you won Queen of the Ring in Saudi Arabia. I just want to know how that felt for you and how much that meant for you, winning that title in that location when just a few years ago, women weren't even on the show, and that show.
Speaker 18: You know, it's crazy because actually I remember before I went out for a my double ACL surgery, Vince had pulled me aside and said he had asked me because I had waited a while before my surgery, and he said, hey, We're going to have the first ever women's match in Saudi Arabia, and I would like for you to be a part of it. And you know, things happened and I couldn't.
Speaker 1: Be a part of it.
Speaker 18: But when I was able to win Queen of the Ring there, it was a pretty cool moment. And when when Triple H came into the ring to crown me, it was even like it just hit the next level. So and Lyra Valkyria was such an incredible opponent to face in that moment as well, because she's so new but like very talented.
Speaker 6: It was cool.
Speaker 18: I feel like we need like music em only May with Wrestling News co.
Speaker 17: Hello, I want to talk about this alliance you've formed here, if you can speak to how important this was to get this win tonight with the help of Tiffany TIFFs.
Speaker 22: I mean, obviously I'm going to do anything for my girl, Nya Das inside Ring and tonight I came in and I helped her win the title, and I'm so happy I got to be there for her moment, and I'm just so proud of her, and I can not wait for the future and and everything that the future has in sorrow for us.
Speaker 18: In her little I mean, look at this custom briefcase I got for her.
Speaker 4: Come on, that's done.
Speaker 18: Me so stinking cute, Get out of here.
Speaker 1: She loved the handle.
Speaker 4: She's like a literal, real life Barbie Doll.
Speaker 18: Yes, we had a like, you know, mockt versus like the Chanelle we got in Saudi.
Speaker 1: Oh my gosh, I bought my first Chanel bag in Saudi Arabia.
Speaker 18: Baby's first.
Speaker 23: So this is like a little, you know, tribute to that.
Speaker 10: Yeah.
Speaker 18: So of course I'm like, how are we going to design this for my girl? So yes, we had to. Sorry, I'm covering up my my cleavage.
Speaker 6: That my title? What do we got?
Speaker 24: What?
Speaker 6: We got?
Speaker 25: One more question left?
Speaker 1: So we talk about Denise Alcedo instinct culture.
Speaker 26: So you guys were talking about your parent right now and the Shanelle bags and everything I've seen both you know, your on screen chemistry but also your off screen chemistry.
Speaker 1: So how did the bond between both of you guys begin?
Speaker 27: Go ahead, tiff, Oh, do you want me to start?
Speaker 6: Yes?
Speaker 16: I do.
Speaker 23: Okay, Well, she basically hand picked me to be her best sie. We were on our way to Australia of her elimination chamber and she sat next to me and she literally requested it.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 18: Well, she was a newbie, this is her first international tour. I wanted to make sure she was going to be okay and safe out there. You know, you never know, And we clicked right off the bat. I mean, let's be real, she's so cute and she's incredibly talented in the ring, and you know, it's she's like lightning in a bottle. It's very rare to see it here. You know, Like she's what two and a half years in, she gets it. She's athletic, she's got this aura about her. I mean we constantly go over, like how many merch options we.
Speaker 1: Can do for her. She pitches everything.
Speaker 18: Literally, I'm like, let's do this and this. So you know, I saw her and I instantly had like a connection with her, and I'm like, you know, you're going to be under my wing because Naya Jacks is quite the you know force, and she really had no choice. But I'm excited for this pairing and to Seaward.
Speaker 16: Goes.
Speaker 14: You heard that right.
Speaker 28: Thank you to the new WWE Women's Champion, Queen Naya Jackson.
Speaker 6: That's what I thought.
Speaker 28: Iron and miss Money in the Bank, Tiffany Stradden, thank.
Speaker 1: You all right.
Speaker 2: Congratulations to the new w W Women's Champion, nay Have jack She's gonna keep rocking that ground as she should. But we are joined on set now by Drew McIntyre, who.
Speaker 1: Is smiling ear to ear and much calmer Drew than the last time we had you on this show.
Speaker 10: One second.
Speaker 5: Oh oh no, no, I don't like it.
Speaker 6: I don't like it.
Speaker 4: He's like forst he's rubbing it in bracelet.
Speaker 10: Well, Drew, since you please continue.
Speaker 2: Well, since you brought out this bracelet which you made sure to leave here with tonight to kiss as cmpunk lay on the mat after you defeated him, I think the big question here is, and we've debated it, are you now done with Cmpunk?
Speaker 1: Is this over?
Speaker 11: Of course it's over. I did exactly what I said I was going to do. I defeated CM Punk. I humiliated CM Punk and I took everything from CM Punk.
Speaker 10: I should have took more.
Speaker 11: But this is gonna be a nice remainder of when Punk tried MacIntyre and failed.
Speaker 5: I feel a certain sense of satisfaction that there was at least a narrative that at WrestleMania, you took your eyes off the prize and it costs you. And tonight Cmpunk seemed to take his eyes off the prize, got too worried about zeth Rald. Is there any extra satisfaction because.
Speaker 10: Of the Yeah, I mean, I'll give Punk credit.
Speaker 11: I didn't expect him to bring the fight like you brought it, But realistically, in twenty twenty four, Drew McIntyre as the absolute best in the world, the total package in every way. And who's Punk gonna blame. I know he's gonna probably come out on WRAW. Maybe you'll post a little social media pro mode, but it was cessfo.
Speaker 10: Maybe it was a cameraman's fault.
Speaker 11: May make some kind of excuse in the end, not just Punk, but nobody on this planet is as good as Drew mackin tire, And Punk's found that in that ring on this microphone, Drew mac entire is.
Speaker 7: The mac the true best in the world. And Drew, I have a quick question for you. I know you like going to the pub. I know you like your beers, your buck fast. What tastes better beer or all the tears of the CM punk fans around the world who saw their hero annihilated by the Scottish warrior here at SummerSlam.
Speaker 10: Oh the tears so sweet.
Speaker 11: I actually want to bring us some beers out here, but the office Wind approved Drew and Wade celebrating I justified victory out here.
Speaker 10: I'm just hoping people open their eyes.
Speaker 11: Some people are slower than others, especially you know in America, to see the truth. People you've saw Punk lose. Now, just look at the evidence. My degrees in criminology, Seth and Punk Wind no about college. They never win my degrees in criminology. What's the goal proved beyond reasonable doubt?
Speaker 10: Somebody's guilty.
Speaker 11: Look at my character background, look at the evidence, look at testimonies, ab dream back entire then check out see him Punk's background.
Speaker 10: He is guilty beyond reasonable doubt.
Speaker 11: People are opening their eyes and they see what kind of personally truly is a prick.
Speaker 3: I just got a quick question, are you too bringing up alcohol because Punk is straight edge.
Speaker 10: Absolutely, maybe should take up drinking to his sorrows.
Speaker 6: At the pub and become a comfort.
Speaker 1: True, this is this is my final question, and he could like what's the joke?
Speaker 10: Always make it's straight edge.
Speaker 11: He doesn't drink it, doesn't do drugs, but he spends all his time in rehab and he could start drinking.
Speaker 10: He can go to all kinds of rehab.
Speaker 1: Oh boy, true, are you not worried at all?
Speaker 24: That?
Speaker 13: I mean?
Speaker 2: You see him punk off in the past, and he has made it his mission to keep you from well ever becoming a champion in WW You're not worried that this is going to motivate him even further to keep you in any way he can from winning a title in your next opportunity in.
Speaker 11: The slightest Now that he's felt the back kind of McIntire, the chops of McIntire, the claymoor of McIntyre, he know's how dangerous I am.
Speaker 10: And you just prove what I've said all along. He's a big hypocrite.
Speaker 11: He's only the one person to blame CM Punk, screwt CM Punk.
Speaker 2: All right, well, Drew, I will let you go. Now you can go celebrate, maybe have some of those beers you refer to.
Speaker 1: We appreciate you.
Speaker 2: Joining us on set and being much calmer than you were a last time.
Speaker 10: We appreciate that it was a cucumber.
Speaker 11: Sometimes the road as long as bumps in the way, but the good guys always win.
Speaker 2: All right, Well, listen, we're gonna turn our attention back to some Nights winners.
Speaker 29: As these two hug it out, I'm gonna turn our attention to one WWE superstar tonight who is walking out with gold around their waist.
Speaker 1: GIRTHA went in to his World Heavyweight championship, Notchigan.
Speaker 2: See me in Priest fighting a six to zero hot streak from WrestleMania to now, and he is going home the world heavyweight champion. Here he is with Kathy Kelly.
Speaker 30: Yeah, Jackie, I'm here with the new World heavyweight champion.
Speaker 1: Gother, goother.
Speaker 30: You predicted this win, But how does this feel? Having the title around your waist?
Speaker 13: Feels deserved?
Speaker 1: Well, we did.
Speaker 30: See a massive betrayal between two members of the Judgment Day. Your opponent, Damian Priest betrayed by his friend, his brother, Finn Balor.
Speaker 1: Does that taint this victory?
Speaker 31: At all, nothing saint it, no reservations, nothing to be ashamed of. From this day forth, Monday Night draw and the legacy of the World Heavyway Championship belonged to me. And if anybody out there thinks I don't deserve this, they know where to find me.
Speaker 10: Donka got it?
Speaker 2: Send it back to you, Jackie Kathy, thank you so much so, our new world heavyweight Champion.
Speaker 1: We talked about this on the pre show.
Speaker 2: He rarely, if ever loses on the premium live event stage and he gets the winside with a little help from Finn.
Speaker 5: Valor listen, help or not, this is a guy who just does not relinquish titles. This is the guy who broke the Honky top Man's record with the Intercontinental Championship. This guy weighed could be World heavyweight Champion for a very long time.
Speaker 6: Yeah, it's usually a surprise.
Speaker 7: It feels strange when a guy who's never been world champion before finally gets a title. But we've gumped the The first time you set eyes on this guy, which for me was about eight years ago, you knew instantly this guy is gonna be a world champman.
Speaker 2: Here we are listen, he was he spent six hundred and sixty six days as champion before. We'll see how long he goes on this rain as the world heavyweight champion. This is day one of that rain we're gun through. We also have a brand new United States champion, la and Night. He's taking the podium.
Speaker 27: Now, yeah to me, I'm on now, okay, good, I've had about ten mics hard lemonades here, so let's get nuts.
Speaker 14: I'm lying, I've had water. But what do you want to ask me? Why are you directing questions or am I just picking them out? Well, see, I'll start with the first question. Pick a good week and row congrats on the moment.
Speaker 6: Looking at the matchup to that's.
Speaker 14: A terrible well, let's call it somebody else.
Speaker 32: That's fine, go ahead, Looking at Justin Brossos Sports Illustrated. Looking at the matchup, it's a guy who's wrestled twenty one years against the guy who's had less than I gotta tell everybody that that's quite quite accomlishment.
Speaker 6: Guy who had all right, yeah, go ahead.
Speaker 32: Less than a dozen singles matches. You've worked so hard to get here. We know how talented you are. You know how time did you are there's been so many moments though you've been overlooked. This is a great chance to reflect on how you didn't allow doubt to cripple ability. How did you make that how did you overcome that doubt when things weren't going your way?
Speaker 33: Let me get on the couch here, because anybody have the sad music look for me. There was never a chance to doubt. There's always plenty of times where it's like, Okay, well, maybe things aren't quite going my way. Maybe I'm not quite getting the things that I'm looking for. Maybe I'm not quite getting the recognition I'm looking for. But at the same time, if I don't see it, then damn sure nobody else is going to see it. So for me, I don't know if I'm just empty headed enough or what it is. But I don't know how to I don't know how to quit. I don't know how to stop. And that's that, as legit as I can be. I just don't know how. I'll give you a stupid little story, but I can remember going to a friend's eleventh birthday party. We were getting our asses whipped in some kickball, I mean, destroyed.
Speaker 6: The whole team.
Speaker 33: I'm not this is one true story. The whole team quit. I'm still out there, like, are you kidding me?
Speaker 6: Right now?
Speaker 33: You have to keep playing? Like for me, it's if nobody else believes in it. Who's talking? Calm down out there, sir, you're drunk, you've had too much.
Speaker 6: Let's seeing Parky hasn't had anything.
Speaker 33: But no, for me, if I stop believing, nobody else is ever gonna believe.
Speaker 14: So there's not a chance for me to do that.
Speaker 6: Now.
Speaker 14: Now that you're done, are we done? Who else can I get it?
Speaker 24: Go? No?
Speaker 34: Austin Montgomery, iHeartMedia, Kentucky kind of media too. That's right, kind of piggybacking off of his last question. You've been doing this for quite a while. It's a long journey. What was that moment like when the refs hand hit three and you finally host up one of the most prestigious trophies championships in the company.
Speaker 6: Long overdue.
Speaker 33: I don't know if anybody could read lips out there, but most of the stuff I was saying you probably can't say right now because it is a lot of f and right and you know, all that kind of stuff, Because yeah, it is long overdue, and I guess let's come back to your question, sir.
Speaker 14: You talk about the fact that maybe it's long overdue, maybe it's right on time.
Speaker 33: I don't know, but at this point it's feeling like the right time to me, because I mean, I think a lot of people, especially you, look into the wintertime.
Speaker 14: Look I see the talk, and people.
Speaker 13: Are like, oh, I don't know.
Speaker 14: I think I think l A Night's falling off? Am I falling off now?
Speaker 33: Because I think last night when I walked out there and everybody got standing up yelling La night, my guy, new US Championship. We're only taking off from here. Anybody else be done now you'll fall asleep. Sorry, I bored everybody to death right here.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 33: Hello, my name is Malcolm, so oddly enough you're in the middle.
Speaker 9: Thank you.
Speaker 13: I appreciate that.
Speaker 3: The question for you, mister champions, I think the world is very happy to see Logan Paul loose a nicety Championshi.
Speaker 33: Everybody I ran into was like, beat the brakes off at some betch ya.
Speaker 6: Absolutely?
Speaker 35: What does it mean to you to be the man that beat La or Logan Paul?
Speaker 33: I should say, man, you're doing some Corla heyes stuff, aren't you?
Speaker 6: Yeah, what man? What I mean? Am I lying anyway? Would you ask me?
Speaker 33: I totally forgot those my cards got me? Oh that's what you asked me.
Speaker 36: Uh?
Speaker 33: What's it mean to beat Logan Paul? Look a lot of people are looking for that. For me, I'm just looking for this. It doesn't matter if it was Logan Paul anybody else walking around with it. I want this now. I got it. It's got those Logan Paul nameplates on there. We're gonna have to get that little change. But uh yeah, at this point, now for me again, I talked about twenty twenty three being the foundation. Twenty twenty four, now is the time to start building that legacy.
Speaker 6: Start building that. Uh we'll call it the legend of l A.
Speaker 13: Knight.
Speaker 6: Why don't we call it that?
Speaker 14: What else we got?
Speaker 6: Final question?
Speaker 14: Thank you?
Speaker 10: Bill Apter?
Speaker 6: Wait a ny Wait a minute? What wait? What's the problem? What?
Speaker 14: What didn't I talk to you enough last night?
Speaker 10: We did talk like and.
Speaker 14: You yours I was going to see you out there.
Speaker 36: You didn't still do it later after LA tonight, after tonight in the parking lot.
Speaker 10: That's my question.
Speaker 36: I'm not that kind of guy.
Speaker 6: No problem with that.
Speaker 13: My question.
Speaker 14: Shake hands or something.
Speaker 6: Okay, we can do well.
Speaker 36: My question is, and I'm who are you looking at for? If you right now, I know that I'm looking right at you two, we're together a l A.
Speaker 1: Knight, all right.
Speaker 36: So my question, of course, tell me is that if Logan Paul, Logan Paul doesn't come back for a rematch right away, who's the next guy that you see on the entire w W roster that L. A. Knight would deem a worthy challenger for that United States heavyweight.
Speaker 6: I just won the damn thing.
Speaker 14: I know that at this point. Look, you gotta ask the guy who's gonna challenge me.
Speaker 6: I don't know.
Speaker 33: Uh, Look, there's a whole myriad. We've never been in a boom period like this. Everybody across the board, from top to bottom is bringing it right now. Everybody is killing the game right now. So there's anybody who could come along and want to challenge me for this. But look, you gotta understand something. This has been, like you said, long time coming, long long time coming, and there's no way I'm letting go of this anytime soon.
Speaker 14: Everybody come on and see me.
Speaker 6: L A.
Speaker 28: Congratulations on becoming du That's it. You knew United States Champion. I'm just gonna hang out. We got some more questions.
Speaker 10: No, I'm kidding, not gonna get the hell out of here. Put your hands out.
Speaker 9: Huh oh.
Speaker 2: It's a long time coming for La and Night our new United States Champion.
Speaker 1: More to come here.
Speaker 2: On the Summer Slam post showscluding Paul Triple, Ah Levk, bron Breaker, and the American Nightmare. Cody Rogue, who retains his undistreted WWE Championship after the Tribal Chief Roman reigns himself shows up. He can't wait to hear what Cody has to say. He's coming up next.
Speaker 24: Don't go anywhere?
Speaker 16: Yeah right, yeah, how'll that?
Speaker 37: Few roads we travel in life are straight. The journey lies in how we navigate the turns and forge the paths before us. The path the WrestleMania of forty has had more curves and corners than anyone imagined. At the helm of this multimillion dollar venture is WWE Head of Creative Paul Levac.
Speaker 8: That man tremble As is a fourteen time world champion.
Speaker 13: The guy at the top has been there, He's been to the top, knows what it takes and has an open mind. I look at creative like a GPS, right. I put in the destination and if you do that, then the GPS just tells you the turns to take along the way. But you know what your north star is.
Speaker 37: For Cody Rhoads, the journey starts in his home state of Georgia. For nearly two years, Rhodes has made it his mission to win the WWE Championship, a promise he may do his father, the late great Dusty Roads.
Speaker 38: I'm going to give the distinction that my family has long since been denied, and I am going to do it for the American dream.
Speaker 9: Dusty Roads.
Speaker 4: Well, Cody Roads to finished the story.
Speaker 13: A year ago.
Speaker 37: Cody took on the head of the table the undisputed WWE Universal Champion, Roman Reigns for the title at WrestleMania thirty nine.
Speaker 16: No It's bad.
Speaker 13: Moment the referees hand hit three.
Speaker 12: At WrestleMania thirty nine, Roman Reign successfully defended the title.
Speaker 13: The audience was clamoring for the rematch.
Speaker 37: Despite the loss, Cody remained focused on finishing his story.
Speaker 39: I've spent an entire two years fixated on the title that Roman has. People kept saying, you know finish the story. I was saying, finish the story, but there's plenty of things that could stop me. You don't always get the fairytale ending, as we already found out, but we're still gonna try.
Speaker 13: The intent was, do you give Cody a hot year, Right's.
Speaker 40: To the top?
Speaker 4: They understoot it Tag Team Champions.
Speaker 13: And we get to WrestleMania forty with Cody Rose versus Roman Rains. We had that story and that match planned out, but there was another story, a blockbuster story. We had been talking about it for years, just a matter of finding the right opportunity and which to tell it. Roman Reigns and The Rock.
Speaker 41: We had an opportunity to create another main event in The Rock and Roman Reigns, something that fans have been waiting for for years, something that we have been building to adjacently quietly four years.
Speaker 1: Welcome back to the show.
Speaker 2: This SummerSlam press conference is presented by.
Speaker 1: Mike's Harder Lemonade.
Speaker 2: Hard days deserve a heart lemonade, But when you've had a really hard day, like some of these w w SER stars in the ring, a lemonade that hits harder, you need to fte Harder Lemonade. Well, this has certainly been one epic Summer Slam here in Cleveland, oh Ohio, and it ended with the American Nightmare, Cody Roads retaining his undisputed w w E championship after Roman Rage showed up with a Superman plunch and a spear for one solo socoa.
Speaker 1: Let's hear what he has to say. He is running us now live at the podium.
Speaker 24: I need.
Speaker 4: Hello, Welcome Cody, head to the front row for your first question.
Speaker 42: Hi, Cody Hailey Miller with Comic Book. So, you mentioned that this was Pharaoh's last ride with you, and I'm just wondering, like, how important has it been to half him as part of this journey with you and on this ride.
Speaker 13: That's a hard one right now.
Speaker 38: Okay, you know Pharaoh's Pharaoh's thirteen years old. For those who who don't know, Pharaoh's my husky. He's my dog.
Speaker 25: He's thirteen years old.
Speaker 6: The idea, isn't it.
Speaker 38: He's thriving, he's doing great, but the pack is at home now and he's more Libby's dog than he is my dog anymore.
Speaker 14: But something about Pharaoh that.
Speaker 38: Some people know this, but anytime I've had like you know, highs and lows, and particularly the lows in my life, I'm not always the easiest to reach. And man, I remember one time I just set outside when I had a home in Dallas, and I just couldn't go inside. I couldn't function, I couldn't think, and that dog set with me from I don't know ten pm to four am. He just never moved. You know, people who have dogs, they get it right. He's really man's best friend, and I don't want to keep dragging him on the road if he just wants to be home. So we had a fun, fun time here, lots of treats. The bus driving crew clearly giving him food they shouldn't. But I was happy that I got to take that that walk with him. And you know, my other my other dog, Yetti Pinkerton, is just a jobber, just an He's an enhancement dog. But now it's now it's his time to step up and I love him, and uh, you know, so it's really nice. I thank WW for Yeah, it's a pretty ridiculous ask. Yeah, I have my dog here, Okay, no problem. So it was very kind of WW to do. I really appreciated it.
Speaker 43: Hi, Cody, Hey, how are you, Chris to be with those wrestling girls. First off, congratulations on your win.
Speaker 6: Thank you.
Speaker 43: What was your thoughts about going into a Bloodline's Rules match. No, you just had when I wrestle in your forty and then having Roman Reigns come and give you the assist against Sola Soka.
Speaker 38: I actually think Bloodline Rules as a match is my match. We've had two of them and I've won them both, and it's not supposed to be for me, and I don't think I have the authority to call for one by any means, but I have one in both, and it's a situation. Like I said on SmackDown, it's a dumb decision. It's not the smartest thing to jump into that, but it's the only decision I know how to make. As the type of you know person that I have been groomed to be here at WW I can't say no, and I don't want to fill the room with positive platitudes and hot air about you know, the real tribal chief Roman Reigns returning. But without a doubt, that probably would have gone a different way. I probably wouldn't be sitting here with the north star of the industry had it not been for Roman reigns, so he's certainly I've got quite a list of people.
Speaker 13: Who I owe one.
Speaker 38: I might owe him more than one. And again, no love lost. That's as much a shoot as it gets. There's a unique relationship I suppose haven't seen or spoken since WrestleMania. I think the WWE fans, wrestling fans, ww universe, they wanted him, and SummerSlam delivered and gave him, and that I'm always very happy about.
Speaker 25: Hey Cody, Hey, Chris family within.
Speaker 38: Yeah, let me tell you something, Chris. The other day, I did it. You all should hear this, Gabby, you've heard this. I'm terrified of doing media guys, because I did an interview with Chris that I thought was a home run. I just, oh, man, I killed it. Didn't say anything dumb. That's a big thing. I didn't say anything dumb. I didn't whatever. Found out on social media that it was not the best interview and a lot of people were really upset. So if you wonder why certain wrestlers have become gun shy about doing interviews and stuff, it's just because it's terrifying.
Speaker 6: I know you do.
Speaker 14: You have a question now, because I'm sorry no, I enjoyed.
Speaker 6: I enjoyed, I did, and thank.
Speaker 13: You for it.
Speaker 6: That well, yeah, oh boy.
Speaker 13: There we go again.
Speaker 25: That last crossroads you gave tonight to Solo felt like it was delivered with a purpose. You're staring at Roman as you're doing it. Where do things go from here? With Roman and with that championship?
Speaker 38: Well, you're a wrestling fan, where do you think they go?
Speaker 13: Hey, so you're leaving.
Speaker 38: See she's gone, She's gone, and she's gone. Listen, this current ww landscape, you can't call it. We just had a behind the scenes documentary on how the best laid plans can just go to hell in one moment, because it's just a kind of controlled chaos where these beautiful things happen. I don't know in terms of certainly Roman reigns is entitled to not just a rematch. I mean, Roman reins held this title for so long that match it has to happen. And it's one of those where, to a degree, it's it's rather you know, you're not supposed to say this when you're a baby face, but it's rather scary. The idea I've been in there twice with him and Brother hits hard. So the idea of that is there to do? You know, I don't know if anyone saw, but I was tapping the title like this because I know there's a third one somewhere, some somewhere.
Speaker 13: Down the line.
Speaker 6: I know.
Speaker 38: I'm not his friend. He didn't do that for me. He did that because of what's happened with the Bloodline and Solo. I think that's something to stay tuned for, probably on SmackDown in a sense of what happens with the bloodline. The blood line has been the anchor of WW for some time, and what happens next, not just with Solo, not just with Roman, but Jacob Fatu, who is as we all can see, there's something unbelievable. I don't have to like them to tell you that there's something special there. But there's a lot of match options that are in front of us, and that's for the man who's going to be up here next to kind of decide what happens next. I'm always ready. Last question, Oh come on, Byron, they tell me this.
Speaker 20: Stuff hopefully strong. Adrian Hernandez of Unlikely Cody and your entrance. Before you went out, you got to have a discussion of pep talk with Arn Anderson. How did that feel and how'd that come to be?
Speaker 16: For people who.
Speaker 38: Followed just the general story and the road I've been on, Arn is a huge part of it. I had made that decision when I was with AW. I had made the decision that, hey, I can't have my dad for this stuff. He's not here physically. I want someone who was with him. And they could have even been They didn't have to be an ally, they could have been an adversary. He came in and he was such a piece of sanity for me during a really chaotic time. And just Arn is one of the smartest people you'll meet in pro wrestling and sports entertainment. But he's also so ahead of the curb and since like, hey, I see where this is going, I get a feel for what the business evolves. Like all sports, the business evolves, and and Arn has always been able to be there for me. It was just special to have a moment with him, particularly one where he wasn't threatening to shoot me or something of that nature. Uh it was It was nice because he means He means a great deal to me. I hope we see more of double A and and something that this is. This is an internal thing. It's inside baseball. If I get in trouble for sharing this, I apologize. But something that w B did today that I thought was incredible. I've never seen this before was all the wrestlers got a text, all of us Byron. You got it, We all got it about the legends that were going to be here tonight, and not just hey, the legends are be here tonight. Go say hello, go say thank you. There was a one shooter with each of their pictures in a biography, because you know, we got a lot of young guns, Tiffany Stratton for example. They may not know everybody probably does. But just the idea that the legends are going to be treated that way here as ww's entered its greatest era ever. Really hats off to Crystal Gentle, Matt Altman, Nick con Triple H Bruce, whoever came up with it. I thought it was a really brilliant thing. Again, back to arn, I hope we see more of them, and I hope he's next to me.
Speaker 10: Let's do one more Byron, one more?
Speaker 6: All right?
Speaker 4: Yeah, to the second row.
Speaker 44: Hey, Gody Gurviyer Bra from TMT Sports.
Speaker 6: So it's a little long.
Speaker 44: Winded, but Oh yes, I've seen you go from like Ted Reeves Arena in Mississauga, Ontario, to now headlining stadiums at WrestleMania now here. You've always wanted to be the quarterback. You've always talked about how you want the ball, and now it's a time when you're basically the return of Roman reigns and it feels like.
Speaker 10: It's the biggest thing that just happened.
Speaker 44: Sure, where's your head as far as what this next challenge is? Because you finished the story, But what's this next new opportunity to look like?
Speaker 4: Here?
Speaker 38: It's a great question and a couple people have kind of asked it behind the scenes in terms of what does that look like? There can't be you know two right, And you mentioned the journey I've been on. Cleveland specific is where Stardust started. So I said it earlier. An enhancement guy is now standing here, the guy with Roman's return. I would say the same thing I said going to WrestleMania last year and maybe a backfired. I'm not flinching, not one bit, and I think he isn't either. And that's what again, WW is in the stadium business.
Speaker 6: Now.
Speaker 38: God bless you guys for making making that a real thing. That's great for that stadium business because it's a good problem to have. And that's a great question, and I want how he feels about it, but not flinching.
Speaker 28: Cody, thank you so much for your time and congratulations on retaining the undisputed WWE Championship.
Speaker 6: Thank you, Greg.
Speaker 2: Congratulations to Cody Road, who is still our undisputed WWE Champion.
Speaker 1: I've mentioned a few times.
Speaker 2: Four titles changed hands tonight, including the Intercontinental Championship and walking on set right now, I can see him in my boat roll.
Speaker 1: You can hear the crab doing the thing.
Speaker 2: Braun Breaker joins us now on set with a little gold over the shoulder.
Speaker 1: Braun Congratulations.
Speaker 2: What's the first hour or so been like carrying that title around?
Speaker 4: It's been it's been a bit surreal.
Speaker 45: I mean, it's it's been crazy, crazy, undescribable.
Speaker 5: We saw the shot earlier of your dad and your uncle in this in the Legend suite taking it in and you could see how emotional they were. Have you had a conversation yet? What was that conversation like with the Legends.
Speaker 45: Yeah, I went up to their booth and gave them both the hug and just you know, they both told me they loved me.
Speaker 4: And it was it was just it.
Speaker 45: Was cool, man, this wholesome moment like that. And I'll remember that stuff forever, you know what I mean. That's uh, that's cool stuff.
Speaker 6: Cool bron I.
Speaker 7: I read an interview you did, I think a couple of days ago. Wait, you said tonight, it's somemma slam. We were gonna find out full yourself if you are a main event level guy or if you're just another guy. Now most of us already knew the answer. Have you found out that answer for yourself?
Speaker 6: Now?
Speaker 4: I think I proved that.
Speaker 45: Tonight what the answer was. All yeah, I belong in that position. And then it's just a beginning. We're just getting started.
Speaker 13: Man.
Speaker 45: Man, I've uh, I've only been up here a few months. So we got we got a long roade ahead of us. Man, we got so many years ahead to have so much fun and chick a lot of ass along the way. So I'm I'm enjoying tonight, and you know, we'll move forward.
Speaker 6: So I'm excited.
Speaker 13: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Man, you're you're clearly a physical freak. We've talked about the numbers. We know your lineage, what your dad and your uncle have done. But we've had the opportunity, you know, we had Big twelve media Day. Recently, you've had other opportunities. I even remember doing a meet and greet with you a couple of years ago, and I've always been impressed, even with your lineage, even with your stats, the way you carry yourself, I consider you a sponge. You're someone who was always looking to learn. You're always trying to like, how can I get better? And that is one of the things that I am really impressed with. Apparently I don't have a question. I'm just gonna have his praise on you. But no, man, I think if you stay on this track, if you stay a sponge and you keep that humility about you, the sky is truly the limit.
Speaker 6: I appreciate it.
Speaker 5: Anyway, have you have you noticed, like I remember we talked a while back when things were getting started, you had you had such an epic run in NXT, right, and then you get up here, and this happens sometimes to new superstars.
Speaker 4: At first, you're not sure where it's gonna go.
Speaker 5: Did you feel that you got to another gear recently in the last couple of months, did you sense that there was a difference.
Speaker 45: Yeah, I mean I think you know, everybody can feel that there's a difference. You know, it's it's my Time's it's time for brown Breaker.
Speaker 4: It's time for the dogs, you know.
Speaker 45: And I know how big this opportunity is and what's at stake, and I know how important particularly tonight was as a turning point in my career.
Speaker 6: Like you said, it's either.
Speaker 45: I was gonna go one way or I was gonna go another. Right, I was gonna be either guy that's gonna be successful in the main event, is gonna prove himself here to be, you know, in the top top guy discussion, or you know, I'm just gonna be another guy. So I think I proved tonight beating Sammy's am becoming the new intercontinental champion that you know I'm here to stay.
Speaker 10: And I'm gonna be a dominant and.
Speaker 13: Big player here.
Speaker 1: Well you're here now you are a champion.
Speaker 2: What can we expect from braun Breaker as intercontinental champ had a champion going to be.
Speaker 1: Intense.
Speaker 45: You know, I'm gonna carry this championship with with the most prestige and honor that I can hold it to the highest standard in the highest level.
Speaker 14: That's that we can do it on Monday Night Raw.
Speaker 6: And you know, I'm.
Speaker 45: Hoping to elevate this championship along with myself along the way.
Speaker 4: And I'm looking forward to it.
Speaker 45: And I I can't wait too to get to work, challenge myself and and put myself up against the best and defend this championship, you know, this prestigious title that's had so much history and so many great champions And you know, I think I think we all should, you know, pay our respects and and and big shout out to Sammy's a in here today.
Speaker 13: Sammy's ain.
Speaker 45: You know, I've said it before, I've said it during this this period of time that I've had with Sammy that you know, Sammy is has been on top for quite some time. He's may have been in WrestleMania, He's he's had the Continental Championship, multiple times, World Tag Team Champion.
Speaker 4: You know, he's had a Hall of Fame career. There's no doubt he's gonna be in the Hall of Fame one day, right, you know.
Speaker 45: And then he he gave me an opportunity at the Intercontinental Championship.
Speaker 4: When I was, you know, a new kid. You know what I mean, No one really, no one really.
Speaker 45: Know like what I was capable of or what I was going to do up here or any of that. So you know, he he gave me an opportunity. He gave me a chance at the Intercontinental Championship, and I think we all have to really respect that.
Speaker 1: And you know, well well said by you, very very well said.
Speaker 2: Congratulations again on becoming the Intercontinental Champion. I remember when you showed up on Raw you were demanding opportunity from Adam Pearson. You have certainly made the most of it. So congratulations and thank you for doing this.
Speaker 14: Than you so much.
Speaker 1: All right, guys, I've mentioned it a few times. Four titles, including this.
Speaker 2: Intercontinental Championship, changed hands tonight. We also had two massive betrayals within the judgment day.
Speaker 1: It is a shifting landscape with that. Let's hear from Paul.
Speaker 13: Hey, how's it going. Thank you guys all for being here. As usually, I want to thank all of the media here for being here tonight. I would like to thank all our sponsors. We had a record sponsorship revenue for this and our partners are one very important to us allow us to do so much stuff. But it also our partnerships with our with these groups, Mike's Harder Wingstop, Primes is a whole bunch of others. But they're coming in and they're staying with us longer, which is wonderful for us because it makes it feel like they're a part of what we do and not just in for a one off, So very important to thank them. I want to thank Cleveland Brown Stadium and Rocket Mortgage field House for their hospitality and just being incredible partners in this. I also want to thank the Greater Cleveland Sports Commission. We didn't just worked this show was so big. We didn't just work with a regular Cleveland Sports Commission. We worked with the Greater Cleveland Sports Commission, which is greater than the regular one as you might imagine, and they did a great job, so spectacular. Mostly want to thank fans. You know, sometimes when you do these events, you do these massive events, and you're looking at where you're going and you say to somebody, oh, that's going to be in Cleveland. It's not a normal stop for us along the way or one of the biggest stops along the way, But man, did they show up. So I have the thing Miz for inviting us into his house. But the fans here were crazy from yesterday the kickoff show, just thousands of people showing up to today all through the countdown show. It was hot, but they were there, they were excited, they were fun. And then you know, fifty seven seven and ninety one in attendance here tonight. Just to wrap up an incredible weekend, we set records across the board for SummerSlam in gate, sponsorship, merchandise, social media, and I think what's really cool about that is we are now coming up against our own records that we smashed last year and set last year, and we're coming up against those records now and crushing those records as we've moved forward. So I'm very excited about that. Shut thought the show was spectacular. One last thing I want to thank is thank MGK for being here and being in the show and walking Logan into the ring. And also have to thank Jelly Role just for lending us his incredible voice with an amazing rendition of God Bless America coming out and playing Lire and just then transforming to the largest child of all time and living out a childhood fantasy of choke slamming Austin theory, which who hasn't dreamt of choke slamming Austin theory at some point and then delivering what I thought was one of the coolest I guess it would be a fifteen knuckle shuffle with MZ and our truth. So when you get to work with artists outside of what we do, but they're so massively invested in what we do and fans of what we do, where they are like little kids just having a fantasy moment, it's the greatest thing of all time because we're all fans of theirs and vice versa, and it makes for the best experience where everybody just wants to have fun. Everybody just wants to come here have a good time, and really that's what it's all about. So thank you to Jelly Roll for first participation here. Whole week of events here, from Sammy's comedy show to Priests twenty four documentary, the premiere of That Undertaker's One Dead Man Show to SmackDown last night. Just an amazing week here, and so thank you to everybody for being a part of it. I thought the show from start to finish was incredible. Tonight you just heard bron Breaker talking about winning the Intercontinental Championship and thanking sammy' zaying, which I think needs to be done. Sammy is just one of those just his money. He's constant. He's just always there, always steady, you know, he's always going to deliver. I can't thank him enough. And I think we watched the star be born tonight in bron Breaker. I think a lot of people knew where his what his trajectory was, and where he was headed. But I think he closed that deal out tonight and I think there's a new star on the horizon here with bron Breaker. So congratulations to him as the new Intercontinental Champion. Logan Paul in La Night La said it here a little bit ago, just long time coming. So happy for him, you know, at a point where he had a long career and then sort of even got to the end of that career and it seemed like it was over to get that opportunity to to not have given up at that point, to just grab the bull by the horns at that point and just take his career in his hands and just run with it. Incredibly happy for him, and then Logan Paul just continues to amaze me from his performance, just doing stuff. I mean, I just don't even know. I don't even know if I've ever seen anybody do that back whatever you want to call that. There's too many flip names out there for me to figure out what they all are. But he's incredible and his work ethic is off the chart, and I can tell you that as a performer. My respect for him now is in a different place because he's gotten to a place where now he doesn't want to just have a good match. He wants to be great at this long term, and he's putting in the time, he's putting in the effort, he's dedicating himself to it. He's kind of stopped a lot of other He's not boxing, he's not right. He just wants to be a WWE's superstar. He wants to be great at this and he wants to be the best, and he's dedicating itself himself to it. So that's awesome to see Bailey and Nya, much like Sammy's Ain. Bailey just that constant. You know, she's always going to deliver it. That's just how great she is. Sometimes she gets overlooked for it, but she's just always on, always, and it's great to see Nya Jacks to me, and what was a really special moment both the Queen of the Ring and tonight, First of all, her first Summer Slam she ever competed in. Second of all, becoming champion tonight in a period of time where I think when she first came back, there's a lot of people doubted her, like why why are we bring an eye back?
Speaker 2: What?
Speaker 13: You know, just a lot of questions about her dedication or ability, whatever that is. And I think she's, at least to me, she's proven everybody wrong. She's proven that she belongs, she's proven that she wants it, She's proven that she's really good at this, and I'm really happy for her to have that success and have that to have this second chance kind of at this whole thing. And I can just she's having a blast doing it, which is the coolest part of it for me. She's really enjoying herself. Live Morgan and Rhea I thought was off the chart. Good Live Morgan has just come into her own as this incredible performer. Riha Ripley to me, coming off of a fairly big injury, coming back not missing a beat. Yeah, I be honest with you, as much as there's a lot of people out there saying, man, I'd like to be dumb, I wouldn't want to be dumb because it's I'm an this is gonna not it's not going to go well. There's a lot of ass kickings coming for don. I got a feeling see him Punk, Drew McIntyre, Seth Rollins. I thought it was a masterpiece. Just what a story, the moments all the way through. You know, when you when you really break it down and you think, like so much drama and tension and just how good it all was based on a what a one dollar or fifty cent bracelet? Right like, that's part of that storetelling. The storytelling was epic off the chart. You know. A lot has been said about Punk's return. I'm thrilled for him as a as a human being. I'm thrilled for him to have the opportunity to do this late in his career and sort of put everything right. And for most with most people, you're never going to put anything right. So I don't mean that in people's opinions. I mean that in his opinion, in his life and his journey through this to to to make it right and to have this opportunity for him, so I was so excited for him to you know, when he came back and he got injured, man, it was it's kind of a downer. We've been able to tell this story all through this and keep it hot, and for him to be able to come back tonight and deliver like that, just incredibly happy for him. Drew McIntyre just incredibly happy with everything he's doing. He's just he's just on fire right now. Priest and Gunther. Tough to find a more deserving guy right now than Gunther. He's just on He's playing on a different level than a lot of people with his own style, and he's very unique what he brings to the table. So like he's in the spot he's supposed to be in. And then Damian Priest I said this to him after the match. When he became world champion, a lot of people doubted it. A lot of people doubted him, and I think over this period of time since WrestleMania, he has proved them all wrong. He walked in as a guy like they put the world title on him, and he walked out as world champion, like really as world champion. That's how I feel about it. My hat's off to him because that's a hard road. It's a hard road and a lot of pressure and coming off all the things that he's been through in his life to be where he is right now. Thrilled for him, and then Cody and Solo. Then Cody said it, you know, Solo, imagine being a guy a very short period of time in the business, gets an opportunity to come up here, stand next to the biggest star in the business in Roman Reigns, and be a part of the biggest storyline. And then Roman goes away and they're like, when you're going to take his spot and all these guys are going to be in that spot with you, the hottest thing in the business. You're gonna you're gonna sort of replicate that and that's the new story. Like, imagine that pressure. Thrilled for him. What an incredible accomplishment they've all been able to do that whole group, especially Solo, And then I have to mention Jacob fought too, because he's like a force of nature and it's amazing to see him. Unfortunately, got a little bit banged up on that in that last match, So hopefully the don't two real Logan's a little banged up, as he should be, and Jacob's a little banged up. I'll see where that net's out here in a little bit. Hopefully nothing serious, but it was bugging him a little bit the leg, So we'll see where he is before I open it into questions. One last thing I just wanted to say is I'm as thrilled as I am where this where we are in the first half of this year. I'm excited where we are going in the second half of this year. You know, Nick and I had a very very specific agenda and how we wanted to approach this year and the way we wanted it to roll out. And I think you've seen that in all the international events we've done, on the size of these events and where they're located and how we've done them. But the second half of this year Bash in Berlin August thirty, first, Bad Blood October five from Atlanta. You've got Crown Jewel with our partner Turkey Alisk in Saudi on November two, which he's an amazing partner. Here for the Terrence Crawford fight right now, which is probably taking place shortly which Terrence is a huge wwfan. And just had a childhood moment himself, much like Jelly Roll just a few a week or so ago. And then of course Survivor Series War Games, which we just announced on November thirtieth from Vancouver. So this year is going to close out big. I'm excited for all of it, and I just the future is bright. These talent. This is the most amazing roster I think I've seen, most talented, most dedicated. Everybody's having a blast right now, including me, which is the best part of it. And we're all just charging ahead. So if what I believe to be true coming is true, you ain't see nothing yet, so that I'll open it up.
Speaker 6: All right.
Speaker 13: We will kick things off in the second row.
Speaker 32: When it comes to the direction of creative, that responsibility belongs to you. So much of what you accomplished in that role in NXT, especially with that big match takeover field is on display in WWE. For me, it's the bill to Knockamora's debut. I think it was twenty sixteen. You talk about sammy' zain, but were there are key moments to help shape your vision as head of creative while you were at NXC.
Speaker 13: Oh my god, so many moments. Right. It's funny, I don't necessarily always look at it as like what moments did we create that shape the vision of what went what didn't. I sort of always approached this, just what do I want to see? Luckily for me, I think you've heard Sean say this as well. We approached this like fans, right, We approached this. I'm a kid sitting on the couch. How would I make this the biggest thing I've ever seen? And I was fortunate in my career that kid was fortunate in his career to sit next to some of the greatest minds in this business. So you know, I sat next to them and absorbed it, and you know, paid attention to all of it, whether it was you know, the guys I was in the ring with on my side opposite side of the ring for me, or the people like Dusty that I got to go and create with an NXT and create a lot of those incredible moments and along the way learn from those successes. But I think I also learned, you know, as much in those failures. You know, as much as the Internet likes to point out failures, the people that point them out to the most are the people creating them. We're the most aware of them, and they're the things that keep us up at night. So the things that you honestly, I don't believe in them being failures. I believe in them being opportunities to learn. So the things that work there I learned from. But the things that didn't work there, I really learned from the things when I was here that I watched that I thought that didn't work. Why how would I get there a different way? What would I have done differently? That's how I approach it. I think it's how Sean approaches it. I think that if you're a fan, great man once told me, put yourself in the seat, you'll never go wrong. If you can keep that mentality your whole career, then I think you're onto something. So that's how we approach it. If it's working, I'm.
Speaker 1: Happy Selseto Instinct culture.
Speaker 26: So, speaking speaking of NXT, I did wanted to ask because we're seeing this collaboration with TNA, and so I wanted to ask first and foremost why wwe decided to pursue a longer I guess you can say relationship here with TNA from what we've been seeing and also what we can expect from that, what the endgame is, what the fans can expect from that.
Speaker 13: So I think, as we've said before, we're open for business. Right, whether that's what you see in NXT with TNA, or whether that's different international opportunities. We're going to look at what's best for WWE. But how does that benefit us, How does it benefit them? How does it benefit us? You know, I think there's opportunities. As you look at NXT, a lot of those those kids are young, and what they really need is repetitions. They need opportunities to go do. We can only create so many of them. So when we have opportunities to partner with others help their business at the same time, you know, get them on a platform that is seen by so many more people, use the strength and the power of our brand across social media to help them. I think you'll see more of that, right. So when we have the opportunity to help them, while at the same point in time, getting the future of not just us, the future of this business, more opportunities and more reps to improve what they do as performers, to improve what they do on every aspect of what they go out day in and day out, and do you know the world is different now, There is no There aren't territories where you're out there working a couple hundred days a year, and I don't know that anybody would want to, but we all did it. But it's how everybody got where they got to and how they got good and how they learned this. So we have to create that and we have to give those opportunities to other people to grow and to have that because the only way they're going to learn how to do this, the only way you learn to go out there and feel that crowd and understand it and change what you're doing and have that dynamic. Could you plan it all you want in the back when you get out there, and that's where the magic happens. I don't care what anybody says. And those decisions that those in the moment, game day decisions that are made their live, your nuances, that's what makes this great. So it's reps. It's really reps, especially when you're just starting in the business. So I want them to have that. So when we can create those opportunities to me whoever that's with, I'm excited to do it. Thank you.
Speaker 46: Sean Ras Sappa fightful, We've seen Sure, We've seen Stephanie pop up a few more times.
Speaker 13: Yeah, I was excited about it.
Speaker 46: Does she have an official role with WDV now? And if not, do you think that she would be opposed to doing it again in the future or maybe resuming any prior roles.
Speaker 13: So she does not have an official role right now, But like I can tell you this, she loves this, absolutely loves it. Sometimes harder to love it and sometimes easy to love it. It's easy to love it again for her. She's enjoying watching it, you know, she's enjoying coming to the show. She's enjoying seeing everybody in the back. She loves it. So she's if I'm the little kid booking or writing or however you want to say it, sitting on his couch, But she's sitting there right next to me, a little kid enjoying it and loving it. And this is it's been her whole life since she was little. No official role right now, right now, her official roles, she's enjoying. Our kids get too old, too fast. But we'll see see what the future holds. Just I would expect to see her around because I think she just loves it and she's enjoying being around it again. Fine, a question.
Speaker 14: Bill After from sports Kida.
Speaker 13: Sorry, what was your name? Sir?
Speaker 6: Bill After?
Speaker 10: It doesn't matter what my name is.
Speaker 13: What was the last name as?
Speaker 6: Yes?
Speaker 13: Yes, good to see you, Yes, Sam.
Speaker 36: And this is wonderful because in the quote unquote territory days, we never had this, you know, we had to sneak around to find out what people are.
Speaker 13: I don't know. I feel like the journalism was the same thing. PWI. You guys just made up stories, right.
Speaker 36: No, that's a long story. We'll have a discussion about it.
Speaker 13: We'll have a discussion about it.
Speaker 36: But my question is one of the people who hasn't been talked about on WWTV or on the pay per views that I haven't heard recently is John Cena made a whole big thing about him coming back for this. Where are you with discussions or program with him for WWE currently?
Speaker 13: So, as John mentioned, he has sort of a expiration date, if you will, on his career that he sees and he's going to come back soon. I think I can't remember exactly what we said or what he said. I believe and he look, John has earned the right in his career to do whatever he wants, when he wants, and I'm happy to be there for him. I believe it is the beginning of the year. John will come back and it's sort of like the the Farewell Tour that has an end to it, and John's going to come back and just have a blast everywhere he goes like he always does. But he's going to come back, and you know, he's going to be there for the Royal Rumble and so that'll be his last Royal Rumble. He's going to be there for the Elimination Chamber and that'll be his last Elimination Chamber. He's going to be there for WrestleMania and that will be his last WrestleMania. And then it will continue and by the end of twenty five, that will be the end of John Cena. Not in ww RE, not in Hollywood for sure, or anything else that he decides to do, but it will be the end of seeing John Cena competitive and active in the ring. Very few people in this industry that You've been a part of for a long long time, and I'm happy that you're still here and a part of it right as much as like I am of arn and Kevin and Kid and all the people, you know, the Steiners that I saw upstairs today, like we want them to feel and embraced by what they helped pave the road for. John, paved the road for so much stuff. And he's earned the right, as I said, to call his out, and so few people get the opportunity to do that. This is awesome. It's almost overwhelming to me that as this starts to become real, one that it will be the end of his in ring career, but two that I get to sit with him and craft it. That's a huge honor for me. I was there when he came in here, I saw him before he came in here. I was there for a lot of the ride so and to see the performer that he became and all the things that he would do and where he's gone since then. To be able to sit next to him and UH help in some way drive the car that is him calling his out is a huge honor to me. So I look forward to doing it. I look forward to working with him and uh, once it's all done and his in ring career is done, I look forward to just seeing him all the time. Like every other legend that none of us would be here if it was without them, right, They paved the way for us to be here, and this will always be home and always be a family environment for them that they can come to and you know, be a part of. So that's exciting and it's I'm thrilled for John, I really am. Yeah, do one more?
Speaker 4: One more?
Speaker 13: One more question?
Speaker 35: Hey, Paula Daniel trainer from US Weekly.
Speaker 25: Who are you man?
Speaker 22: Uh?
Speaker 35: You mentioned sort of the future. You know, in two years, we know we have a two night Summer Slam in Minneapolis. We know we have a two night er in Indianapolis on the horizon. I'm curious if you think there's a chance that tonight was the last ever one night wrestling I'm sorry, SummerSlam. What that says sort of about the business and if there have any been any conversations about going two nights for any other pls, I'm thinking the Roy rumble.
Speaker 13: Please let's take it one step at a time. Yeah, you know, who knows what the future brings. But I do think that even tonight, seeing this Summer Slam seven match card goes almost four hours to me, and yeah, there was a lot of stuff we could have put into this, and you know, and even some people saying, well, why wasn't that in there because it would have been eight hours, right, And you still need stuff for raw, you still need massive content for SmackDown, right, you still need all that stuff. As we continue to grow, We'll take it, like I said, step by step. So is this the last Summer Slam that you see? That is one night? I think so, But we'll see where that goes long term. I'm excited about that opportunity. As far as other poes going that way, we're always you can never say this is just what we do and then that's it and that's locked in and we're just that's what we do and that's just the way it is. And if you go back five years, who would have thought we would have been doing two night WrestleManias, let alone to night WrestleManias and two night Slummer Slams. So we'll see, we'll see where it goes. And you know, that's an important part of where we go with it. But important part of where we go with that also is bringing these events around the globe. We are truly a global company. There is no place that WWE is not. There's no place where we don't have a massive fan base and following. We want to bring WWE to the world, not just you know, be seen as a as a US based company, but that's seen everywhere else. We want to literally be everywhere else and be as big as we possibly can be everywhere. So it's always a sort of a moving target, but makes for all and exciting ride. So I'm excited. Thank you all for being here. Really appreciate it. You'll see you down the road.
Speaker 1: Here you have it called triple h I love that. Guys. This show is winding down, but at Money in the Bank.
Speaker 2: Biggie, you came in hot with your three stars, so we thought that we would turn that into an even bigger segment, right, Yes, you're gonna take us through our highlights of the night.
Speaker 4: Yeah, of course, we have a brand new segment for you.
Speaker 6: We're referring to as.
Speaker 3: Biggies five count we know to my old NXT days, where I will run down my top five performers of the night. First of all, we got to start with the man they call elm Hey night Yea also known as Sean Ricker, also known as Slate Randall, also known as Eli Drake, also known as Max Dupree. And I give you all those names because they give you some insight into this man's journey, all the ups and downs he's been through to get to this top spot. Next, I got to go with Bailey in a losing cause.
Speaker 4: That power bomb from Naya Jacks, the way she tell her up.
Speaker 3: Power bomb, emphasis on power is the most physically impressive feet of the night.
Speaker 4: Shout out to Bailey.
Speaker 3: Next, at number three, we have dirty, dirty domb misterio.
Speaker 15: Dirty.
Speaker 4: Look.
Speaker 3: Have you ever heard or seen a story where there are two women and they're both beautiful and they both end up dating the same man and you ask for a picture.
Speaker 4: What does this man look look, look look like?
Speaker 3: Surely he's male model, Sure he's the most it's a man you'll ever see.
Speaker 4: And then and then you see the picture and.
Speaker 7: It's him driving these two boxes.
Speaker 4: Crazy.
Speaker 1: That's stumbach Aura points must be through the room.
Speaker 4: Worts are high. I don't get it, but somehow very high.
Speaker 6: Still a real risk.
Speaker 4: Kid space, Uh nothing, I gotta shout out your boys.
Speaker 6: Drew mass Hire.
Speaker 4: Look, obviously Punk's my friend. But Drew was the one who kept.
Speaker 3: The main thing the main thing, and he focused on winning the match, which is what we're here for.
Speaker 13: So shout out to Drew.
Speaker 4: And last whatnot least.
Speaker 3: I gotta save my fifth star for the returns.
Speaker 4: The trifle cheap grown in Hurriy. What a night, What a night.
Speaker 3: Indeed, those are my top five performers in Big East.
Speaker 4: Five cows. I like the five count five con.
Speaker 9: Thank you.
Speaker 2: I gotta tell you nails it absolutely nailed it said, I really enjoyed that.
Speaker 1: You know, the fans have been chanting we want Roman for weeks. They got them tonight.
Speaker 2: As we close this show, I'd be remiss if I didn't ask for your final thoughts, if you got your five Big Ones, gentlemen, final thoughts on the night, from.
Speaker 7: Top to bottom, one of the most impressive delivering in ring cards of all time. Absolutely incredible. There was not a week spot in the entire night. And if you're an up and coming wrestler, if you dream of one day being a WWE superstar, the bar just got even higher. You've got to put some real work here.
Speaker 2: So you're calling this one of the best Summer Slams of all time, not just.
Speaker 6: Summer Slams, wrestling cards of all time.
Speaker 7: Top top to bottom, seven matches that all delivered like a main event.
Speaker 6: It was incredible. It was I was personally blown a wall.
Speaker 5: It was a clean show, it really was. But my biggest takeaway is whether whether it's Mondays or Fridays, we have must see TV because now on Monday Night we need to know what is going on with the judgment, day to story, the new romance that Wigh so excited about between Live and Dominate, mysterio jealous about, and then and then on Friday night, what is going to happen with Solo Socoa when Roman Reign shows up to smack down.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there are a lot of.
Speaker 2: Questions and fallout coming out of this Summer Slam. Oh my goodness, an epic night. I've mentioned it numerous times. But two champions retain right, four new champions. I've mentioned that a bunch. Congratulations Sanaia Jack's brown breaker, Gunther, I'm missing one, help me out?
Speaker 1: Who else do we have?
Speaker 6: La night?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Yeah, thank you, my bad I congratulations to all them.
Speaker 2: Two massive betrayals. I think my big takeaway from tonight is DTA, don't trust anybody. You can't, you cannot do it. Not family, not friends, not chosen.
Speaker 4: Family, Eta and OTC.
Speaker 7: Tonight, I don't trust this post show because it seems to be going so long.
Speaker 6: The pub is going to be closed.
Speaker 1: I got good news for you. We are all out of time. You can go get that beer you.
Speaker 2: Congratulations to Live and Cody entertaining, and congratulations to the four new champions walking out of Cleveland with a little goal over their shoulder.
Speaker 1: For Wade Bears, Peter Rosenberg.
Speaker 2: And Biggie I'm Jackie Redman, thank you so much for watching.
Speaker 1: Safe to say this Summer Slam was one for the ages. Roman reigns. He's back.
Speaker 4: I could.
Speaker 9: What's going on?
Speaker 15: You ain't nothing better? Yeah, you try to down, try to underground manage.
Speaker 6: Cleveland.
Speaker 33: You have set an all time American attendance record.
Speaker 9: Hold on a.
Speaker 5: Second, killy roll with the any man in history to make music worse than Otres.
Speaker 6: Oh go left, Go Summer Sam. I'm just a none to thank you.
Speaker 15: No, we're using towel trying to show fuse and getting me mile.
Speaker 13: O.
Speaker 14: They're boeing Dominic.
Speaker 9: What you just want him?
Speaker 6: Tell me you can't win it?
Speaker 40: Idle like this, die can't find the brain and my barganim Ham from Sun Devil Radshaga knows Alan Crash and Murder.
Speaker 1: Could not have laid a hand.
Speaker 15: I need a turner from too fine.
Speaker 9: I'm never gonna make it on them seeds.
Speaker 15: Ago welcome Gonau break your era.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm a.
Speaker 10: Win in the world from me.
Speaker 16: Any kind of feels too good to.
Speaker 6: Come running off.
Speaker 1: These they say.
Speaker 6: I'm just too.
Speaker 9: Lay ahead, and I know I need to turn around.
Speaker 4: For him to mess funny out the back. I gonna make it all them.
Speaker 24: See it's a go.
Speaker 9: I got cleaning and all they did.
Speaker 47: Lets the following contested, so the world hoy ware, champing and shcause it's.
Speaker 9: Don't tell what the hell?
Speaker 4: What are you doing?
Speaker 16: Then?
Speaker 9: S Yeah, I'll walk right out the fire.
Speaker 41: Yeah.
Speaker 40: You try to keep me down, trying to put me on the ground, Bud, I'm only going how.
Speaker 4: I can hear you in my head and my ball when I'm dreaming you.
Speaker 15: Trying to me, my friend Brookes, You're glow and slow Hold me now mine scared.
Speaker 10: Of telling you you can go.
Speaker 48: Because this has been a special presentation of w w A for over seventy years, the global leader in Sports and Entertainment.
Speaker 24: Mm hmm.
Speaker 13: You spent your whole life