Speaker 1: Oh I just felt I like that. Oh my god, you with the braces. I'm into it. We have what's happen of.
Speaker 2: The locks of the build?
Speaker 1: What's up? Guys?
Speaker 2: Got kids today?
Speaker 1: You know how kiss bill out? Is that happen that.
Speaker 3: Used to be?
Speaker 4: That?
Speaker 3: Used to be that? What happened that used to there?
Speaker 1: There is a stomachman going around? What is the stuff? There's the name of it.
Speaker 4: He did show up, No, didn't say now, he had some coffee business to handle.
Speaker 3: It is.
Speaker 2: I love that friend. He would have called them, but I know that's so old.
Speaker 5: Who does call it? Who does that? I want to see your face. Also, I'm excited you're doing a show in town with you always very.
Speaker 2: Excited Ester County Center.
Speaker 1: Do you guys do this like?
Speaker 4: This is the second actual annual one. Last year was our first.
Speaker 2: One asisted it. It was like a homecoming.
Speaker 1: Mary came out the last last year.
Speaker 3: This year we got the god rock him.
Speaker 1: You can't ghost face fire.
Speaker 3: Benny the Busher, you know, because we're making it the l o X.
Speaker 1: Carl Thomas called Thomas.
Speaker 4: Experience Part two, and we got a few more. It's not all the ways certified.
Speaker 5: It's funny because We were talking about the line up here the other day and I said Carl Thomas.
Speaker 1: And they were somebody said, that's weird. That's like, it's actually not if you know.
Speaker 3: The lot yea Thomas guy.
Speaker 1: Of course, it's really not that. It's just he's the only you know what I mean, R and B, R and B doing it on the bill.
Speaker 5: But you had married last year and cut it down, so it's really not that crazy.
Speaker 2: Like everybody in the bill.
Speaker 1: What's the crowd like a lot of Westchester. Yeah, there's a lot of energy.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: I was shocked because you know why, mad white people from my gym was like, yo, you got to show in the Westchester county.
Speaker 1: I was about the white people from the gym.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and my neighbors. It was cool.
Speaker 5: Somebody that you don't expect to be up on you or know you whenever that happens.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's kind of funny, you know.
Speaker 6: After when we did the Grammys the fiftieth that's I felt that, Yeah, oh people didn't see me before.
Speaker 2: White people, you know, seeing you guys.
Speaker 3: It's awkward to the gym, you know what I mean, what do you think it's cool? You know, sometimes people speak to you sometimes they don't used to that culture.
Speaker 4: I'm from hip hop, so if I speak to you anytime I see you, I gotta kind of speak to you.
Speaker 2: I stopped speaking in the gym. Gym is dope, shout the tight.
Speaker 6: Finish and all that, But it would be like you could just finish spot in somebody like on the on the bench, like yo, push you got this bro? The next day walk dead past you, right, don't say anything.
Speaker 1: Like I just I just what that's weird. It's like that this culture is culture? Do I love?
Speaker 5: How committed though to that you guys are to staying in shape absolutely for sure and being healthy. I mean this has been the thing you've been.
Speaker 1: On for a long time.
Speaker 3: He was the first one.
Speaker 5: Is being muscular is not the same as like what you're eating and.
Speaker 3: Being healthy is mandatory.
Speaker 5: And you're all like committed to both, right, Yes we are, absolutely, Yes we are. That's mate who was last on the on the train was a kiss.
Speaker 3: Yeah, because he was working out first.
Speaker 1: He is the first one that was committed to I just.
Speaker 2: Started like all that kind of stuff. Been vegans yeah, old plant based Yeah.
Speaker 3: I've been playing based you years.
Speaker 1: I just eat anything.
Speaker 6: No male preps yeah anything, yeah, no pop, no poking before.
Speaker 2: Yeah, no, not at all. You know, no seafood. Really I'm allergic.
Speaker 1: You know what it is. It's like you're you're the adult locks.
Speaker 3: Yeah, for sure. You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 5: There's something very cool about it because you're.
Speaker 1: Doing it and you know you look you're healthy. You got braces.
Speaker 4: Now in twenty four when I work with Veniers, I wanted Veniers, but it just wouldn't have worked for me.
Speaker 5: I might have been a little uncomfortable to see you in your new Veneers.
Speaker 1: It's like off brand.
Speaker 3: It's off brands.
Speaker 5: Here's they say certain things about the locks that you right right that would throw me off.
Speaker 1: I mean if you had a really good set and you could barely tell then.
Speaker 3: Okay like my luck, yeah, my luck.
Speaker 4: I would have just got big ones, too bright, too good.
Speaker 3: It would have been good.
Speaker 1: So you opted for the braces.
Speaker 5: But it was why because at this point it's such an interesting choice to make now like it.
Speaker 4: Well, I wanted to fix my chip and to do that, and also my back bite was kind of off, like my back roll up it was kind of got it like a zig zag and so kind of bothered my jaw sometimes.
Speaker 3: So yeah, it was like, uh, and.
Speaker 5: What do you say when the dentists, when the doctor the dentist first says to you, why don't we try braces?
Speaker 4: Uh?
Speaker 3: You know it's crazy. They was good.
Speaker 4: They wanted to do the invisiline like I smoke too much for that. I'm gonna forget them. I'm going to lose something. It's not gonna work. Just give me the just put my teeth in jail for the right amount of time.
Speaker 3: And just get this over with. What is the sentence? I only have a few more months.
Speaker 1: Yet, a few months.
Speaker 2: Let me have the best mile, right, you gotta.
Speaker 1: You always got the best.
Speaker 3: Come on, hey, what do you come on?
Speaker 1: A They couldn't.
Speaker 2: They couldn't let the best fight.
Speaker 3: I barely smile. I only smile when I last flying. You're almost done, Yeah, I'm almost signed. A couple of mores, did a quick bit, A couple of mons, quick bit.
Speaker 5: All right, so we're excited, so we have we're giving away tickets today too. By the way, Yes, we are big show. It is the Locks and Friends experience.
Speaker 6: Crazy man, every I get that early part Part two is a thing to drink Joe and Mateo in the building.
Speaker 1: By the way, what do we need people do still.
Speaker 4: Tickets to get tickets and Ticketmaster you can welcome to the building and get them.
Speaker 3: Hurry up though, hurry up yeah, because.
Speaker 1: It'll go out.
Speaker 5: We're going to have what's the difference between like an old school lock show, like back in the day how the shows used to be versus the adult locks experience.
Speaker 4: A lot less violence, but the same energy, energy, same energy. I don't think you have to worry about I think the early locks you have to worry about.
Speaker 3: Am I going to make it out of here? We control the stage. We have a great time. DJ is like, you know, we have a great time. Now.
Speaker 5: What we learned from you, I mean a lot of us knew it already, But what most people learned from you and that versus battle is that you are seasoned.
Speaker 1: Yeah we worked the professional yes show men, Yes we do.
Speaker 4: We love our craft like that people on the stage, Willy wanta do that. We like to We like to give people their money's worth. Like we want you to know that we're not wrapping over the words. We know our words, we know each other's words. We're giving it energy. We're not up there, just waste the time being sloppy here to collect the check and collect dough and leave. We want to connect with you. We want to make sure when you leave you said we've seen them rock. I think we we we put our name on the line when it comes to giving good energy.
Speaker 3: A long time.
Speaker 5: So so the show Saturday, we're actually gonna give some tickets away today.
Speaker 1: This is a scene and experience. It's not like a club like now.
Speaker 4: You get to sit down, you get the films.
Speaker 3: To drink, you can have it. It's gonna be an experience.
Speaker 5: And you go to power one five one ffm dot com for additional wats to win tickets, and then if not, you go where they're getting tickets Ticketmaster tickets, Ticketmaster for Saturday.
Speaker 4: This is going to be a good will get a ticket where my friends from me, they're going to take it out call me for the ticket.
Speaker 3: Nobody. Maybe a couple of people in the gym, maybe not really though not too many. Some light.
Speaker 1: You just had a big birthday, Yes I.
Speaker 3: Did, fifty man, Yeah, fifty it was amazing.
Speaker 1: Oh bless right, I made it.
Speaker 3: I made it, that's right, Yeah, I made it.
Speaker 1: I feel it felt beautiful.
Speaker 3: It felt beautiful. I had a shout out to.
Speaker 1: Weird things with age.
Speaker 3: No, not me, I'm one.
Speaker 4: I think all three of us, especially him, I think all of us appreciate getting older. I think when you come from a certain neighborhood, I think certain people get caught up and how they feel and how they look, so they want to pretend to be younger.
Speaker 3: Yeah. I think the purpose of life is to get old.
Speaker 2: As you possibly normalize the.
Speaker 4: Mad and just make sure you're doing good as you're getting older.
Speaker 3: But uh, vintage. I'm getting a vintage, so you know, I still still feel good.
Speaker 1: But you are officially like OG's absolutely yeah.
Speaker 4: I've been oldg since about thirty though, so always given OG energy.
Speaker 6: People don't want to say their age because, like I say, I'm fifty, because look what we accomplished, you know what I mean. People don't want to say that they fifty because they're still at level one.
Speaker 5: By the way, in this in our culture, being fifty and still active and still being able to have a show like this and still looking good and it's.
Speaker 2: Locks thirtyeth tour, right, we just did like forty days.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean that's it's a blessing, Like you know what I mean.
Speaker 5: Yeah, think about the people who don't make it, people who can't book out place.
Speaker 4: Alternatives to get the oldest. You're not getting younger. The only alternative is to die.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but I don't know.
Speaker 5: But always when we came in the game, hip hop was always thought of such like a young sport.
Speaker 1: And that's not true anymore. Like you can have a long career.
Speaker 3: Yeah for sure.
Speaker 7: Shout out to my brother ll Cool J Man or or how y'all we don't have to talk about much, but how y'all feeling about some of the state of the things that are happening into the culture right now.
Speaker 3: Wicked? It's crazy. Wicked is very crazy.
Speaker 2: I don't like a lot of it.
Speaker 1: I only ask you guys because.
Speaker 2: We've been there.
Speaker 3: We've we've been around from day.
Speaker 5: Because I'm like, I'm heartbroken, but I'm like, people like to talk about the drama and the gossip and the all the things of it, but it's like heartbreaking, so.
Speaker 3: To deal with uh.
Speaker 4: I think a lot of people don't look at it like this, like as being fifty. Hip hop is fifty one, so hip hop is pretty hip hop is a young man or a young lady or whatever you want to refer to it as. So to grow up in it and see things change and shift and.
Speaker 3: Then things are like heartbreaking.
Speaker 4: It kind of messes with your mind states to say, things are happening so fast. Some people are you know, you didn't expect certain things from certain people. Some people are not going to make it. Some people you just didn't see it unfolding in certain ways. So also makes me grateful though too to say.
Speaker 5: But these times that we're in I just wonder y'all been around a long time. You know a lot of things been in rooms.
Speaker 3: You know, some rooms.
Speaker 5: I'm being very careful because I love you on our respect you and I also things you can't talk about don't want to talk about.
Speaker 1: So I get that. But I'm just getting to the point of, like he said, something rooms, not all the rooms. The rooms.
Speaker 4: I think that was a blessing for us though too, because I think from the way we speaking of the old locks, I think the way we carried ourselves and them knowing our background, a lot of people left us out of a lot of absolutely a lot of things like when you can't uh, well, you can't be bought nor controlled people leave you to the to the side, but we made it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I guess, I guess. It's just a scary time.
Speaker 3: It is scary very to say the least.
Speaker 1: That anybody in the world could accuse you.
Speaker 2: Of these actations.
Speaker 3: People run with it.
Speaker 4: It's terrible, crazy worry about it is you're guilty before you're guilty, and then even if you're innocent, your name has still been tarnished.
Speaker 3: In theres some people who's going to ride with you.
Speaker 5: As a culture, who do we protect or do we protect anybody? Do we stand up for anybody? Do we sit out of some because we don't know? And then some we lean in? Like as a culture, how do we handle that? Or do they just come in and and mix everybody together and say.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we can't let that happen. I say, we gotta follow our heart. Try to Rob Markman. I think he I watched them say something very intelligent on his post. You have to go to sources you feel are credible. Hear the source. I think you have to use your own intelligence, intuition and way fact check and then think of what makes sense and what doesn't make sense.
Speaker 3: And then.
Speaker 4: If you love somebody and you believe them. I believe you should stand by them. If not, then you gotta let it play out and then just kind of be intelligent on what the results are and how things.
Speaker 3: Happen with cancel culture.
Speaker 4: And then also let's let's keep it real since we're talking about it, how black entertainers get treated and how white entertainers get treated, the two totally different treatments. And that's where where it all becomes funny. What do you mean, Well, I don't think white men will be criticized as much as the two people we've seen criticized lately. And that's a fact because there's history in it to where you say, I don't mean to throw his name out there, but I ain't really seeing what the Allen get dragged around there.
Speaker 3: Man, I ain't really see if all getting dragged around. I ain't seeing mcmon getting dragged around like that.
Speaker 2: But like you know what I mean, they gotta apologize once and they clear they go back.
Speaker 4: I think it should be equal rights when it comes to dragging someone, you know what I mean.
Speaker 1: I understand it's just the social media element too.
Speaker 5: And then with the election and stuff, I'm looking at I'm looking at all these people arguing how social media.
Speaker 1: About this person did this?
Speaker 5: They would no facts, but anybody can accuse anybody, and there's so much bots, there's so much I don't know.
Speaker 1: I don't I'm in my own head today about it.
Speaker 5: I don't want to put you on, but this is crazy, especially the new one.
Speaker 4: At the end of the day, like I said, I think it's uh, you know, right is right, Wrong is wrong. But I think when it comes to being targeted as black men, people of color, we got to always understand riches is like.
Speaker 3: If you don't, this isn't. We don't control the media.
Speaker 4: We don't own the media, to be honest with you, like I think, until we start, I think we got to start looking at it as brown people, people of color entertaining is especially the people in power. We have to start owning some sort of media. So with our stories and what's going on with us, could at least be it somewhat of a fair shape. I don't believe it's always a fair shake. And that's the part that really messes with with me and in my mind, like you say, I think they control the narrative of petting people against each other. I think with social media now it's more if you don't believe me, I don't believe you, or we don't agree, we have to have a problem instead of having a healthy disagreement. I don't think I think that. I think it's I think it's fucked up part of my French.
Speaker 5: And then you add in the half of those people arguing both sides, I don't know if half.
Speaker 1: Those people are real people.
Speaker 2: That's no, it's some real ship.
Speaker 1: I just met this girl this Quest Love party the other day.
Speaker 5: She's like an expert at AI and I was watching videos of like AI video and I'm like, oh, that's.
Speaker 1: Like a whole person's life.
Speaker 5: You could create a whole Instagram page of an AI person. So somebody with some money who wants to say styles, piece braces ain't real narrative, I can pay one hundred thousand bots to make.
Speaker 3: Fake pages to exactly.
Speaker 1: I'm just saying. It's a weird world.
Speaker 4: I believe they're turning the culture on the culture and against the culture, so it becomes difficult to navigate when the people who should be supporting you are the ones that's against you, and they manage to do that. The power of technology and the power of all of these apps and bots and making opinions that shouldn't even be in the hat. In the hat r like certain like we don't get an opinion on this ship. Yeah, like you know what I mean. And that's that's that's where the sad part comes in.
Speaker 6: And I'm making Joe schmoke from the hood of podcast stop giving everybody a Podcasts are not journalists with that at all, Right, And they start and they run with that ship.
Speaker 4: Yeah, someone's opinion doesn't make it the truth. And people don't even fact check no more. Person kind of just like that's the right, that's not right. You gotta you gotta do your due diligence to really find out the facts and then go from there.
Speaker 2: So I almost never do podcasts and stuff like that.
Speaker 6: People they want you to come there and talk about somebody that I don't know, you know what I mean, insight on just just that, like how.
Speaker 4: You making a whole living or for talking about somebody else all the time in a negative time and in a negative fashion, Like I could see if it's like true journalists do their homework.
Speaker 3: You find the find the.
Speaker 4: Facts, the truths, the lives, present it all and then you're able to make your opinion. But now it's like like you say, you get Joe Smooth from the he don't like him because he got more money, and he's just gonna throw something in the air that's actually not even true, and people are gonna believe him because and run with it.
Speaker 2: American Jeff, that's what says.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you guys got your own podcast make right Movies.
Speaker 2: Yes we do.
Speaker 3: And it's a clean, pure podcast. We're not shooting anyone down, not knocking anyone movies.
Speaker 4: And stuffing about disrespecting any shape fashion of form.
Speaker 1: I love that.
Speaker 4: Just pure entertainment and actually big enough people who do things well.
Speaker 3: And that's it.
Speaker 1: Well done. We have an OG because you are ogs down for sure.
Speaker 5: We asked some listeners with some questions that they'd like to ask the ogs. Would you like to play a little ask the ol g's game, somebody said, I asked the locks. I just got my first check. I guess maybe they just got a job. How do I spend it? I guess it's a financial question. Yes, for new money, he.
Speaker 4: Said, save some, save some, pay your bills, save the rest, pay your bills, not all of it.
Speaker 3: Pay your bills.
Speaker 4: Splurge on something you like, not too much and save the rest, save it all.
Speaker 5: Man, somebody said to ask the old g's I've been talking to this girl for a month and she just asked me to cash at her five hundred dollars for her hair and nails. I feel away because she's not wifeyet, and I'm nervous she's trying to use me.
Speaker 1: What do I do?
Speaker 3: Do it? Bro?
Speaker 1: Do it?
Speaker 4: No, don't do it, don't do it at all. Don't do it, I would say, assessed. Would she give you the five hundred if the answers you to do it? If the answers knowed, then don't they get that far you?
Speaker 3: Is this? He just thought? So he gotta get away. He gotta wait. How long you said he doing?
Speaker 1: He didn't say it time? Oh for a month?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Month? Oh? She thinks he's a sucker. I don't do it, Yeah don't. I don't know.
Speaker 4: I wouldn't but fill out, fill it out. Then he might not have nothing to feel if you don't.
Speaker 3: Give it a file. His check is like, what options? Don't I don't really know. I can't answer that one.
Speaker 1: All right, we need more information on that. Let me see you here, as ask the o Gez.
Speaker 5: I want to transition into music and I want so that I could quit my day job. Are there any tips I can have to apply to getting into the music business.
Speaker 4: I would say if you look at successful people in music, they have more than one job. So if you're gonna quit your day job, have some another business you want to do besides music that you're trying to learn or get accustomed to or familiar with before you just up and do that. I wouldn't make it all on music if I was using don't worry about the record.
Speaker 2: They'll try to establish a fan base and go straight to the consumer with your music.
Speaker 5: Yep, excellent advice, etc. Heard you excellent advice?
Speaker 1: Ask the O g S.
Speaker 5: I am an up and coming artist who loves my music, but I'm scared to be famous because I see how it changes people. How do you manage fame and you and stay true to yourself?
Speaker 4: And also just by being true to yourself, if you want to be an artist, fame comes with it. Appreciate the fame because that means people appreciate your artistry.
Speaker 3: Stay level headed, stay around.
Speaker 1: It's hard to be famous right now, and.
Speaker 4: Stay level headed, stay grounded, and surround yourself with people who who loved you before you were famous.
Speaker 5: I've been having a hard time losing weight and I'm thinking about trying ozempic.
Speaker 6: What are your thoughts, man, They just tried Doddy's stomach was killing him for weeks.
Speaker 3: Man.
Speaker 2: Just yeah, I don't know about that one.
Speaker 4: I would say to most people, I'm not gonna knock on zimpic, But a lot of people look for the shortcut. Sometimes the long, hard road is the one that's worthy of of taking, and then you'll be more appreciative of the results because.
Speaker 3: You put that work in yourself.
Speaker 4: If you're too overweight and you don't feel comfortable, then take oxempic, but work out too.
Speaker 2: But uh, but if you like they taking it out for no reason, but no reason like you could.
Speaker 3: I think.
Speaker 4: I think society is gut and used to the quick, fast, easy, shortcut route, and sometimes that's not the way that that pays off. Go watch what you're eating, hit the chack, get a jump rope, get on the stair climber, and get you a sow and a suit.
Speaker 3: Sweat sweat it off, un.
Speaker 6: Doc recommended it. Then you get the diabetes and stuff like supposed.
Speaker 5: To diabetes I was gonna say, the opinions of the ogs are not actual doctor, consult your doctors, and you just the opinions of the Okay, as I got, I caught my man cheating, and he has been begging me to take him back, saying that he's changed.
Speaker 1: What should I do?
Speaker 3: Ask your girlfriend and your mother?
Speaker 4: Don'ts or that, because if we're gonna automatically say give him a second chance, depending on your age, mature women mature faster than men.
Speaker 3: Men make mistakes. You don't know where his heart is.
Speaker 4: Find all of that out, and then see if you got better options out there before you chuck him as well.
Speaker 3: Mm hmm, right, Well.
Speaker 1: What if it was different?
Speaker 5: What if it was a guy who said I caught my girl was cheating?
Speaker 4: Women cremonal emotion what Women are emotionally smarting than men.
Speaker 3: They mature faster.
Speaker 4: So say a twenty one year old man and a twenty year old one year old lady.
Speaker 3: They are the same age, but not mentally most of the time.
Speaker 4: So it's like, uh, you got to figure out if the person is worth it and then move from that point.
Speaker 3: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 6: Every time you look at you thinking of some other definitely, you know what I mean. It's like you know beat.
Speaker 3: That yeah, yeah, like you know you're looking at it. You just see this thing.
Speaker 1: Smoking right, eating wrong.
Speaker 3: Let it go, man, move on. Man.
Speaker 5: I don't know where I took you guys just now, but we don't leave your ogs there. That's how.
Speaker 1: That's how.
Speaker 5: A segment like going segment. People need out here. Don't have the best advice, do you O? G other artists that come up a lot like people ask you for your advice and stuff a lot like.
Speaker 2: Women and stuff like that.
Speaker 4: I think about the music industry definitely. Sometimes I get it about.
Speaker 1: Like health stuff, your health stuff.
Speaker 4: And when it comes to relationship, it's really hard to give someone advice because there's two people in a relationship and there's a lot of things that take place in a relationship that played part of how the relationship is going. And I'm married for thirty years. All I know is rule number one. My wife is always right. Number two. Remember rule number.
Speaker 3: One, keeps everything simple.
Speaker 5: Excellent advice in the old gez all right, everybody, make sure you head out Saturday.
Speaker 1: Westchester County is going down.
Speaker 4: Who else cam Betty the Butcher, Thomas, many, many boys.
Speaker 2: Belove the locks.
Speaker 1: Do you go out and you come out at the end, then you shut it down.
Speaker 4: Now we're gonna we're gonna make it one one big. You don't know which artist is coming out doing it.
Speaker 3: We did our stage.
Speaker 1: I'm excited and then everybody's gonna come out at some point. I'm excited. Everybody, get your tickets.
Speaker 5: Go to Power one five one fm dot com or information what's happened elections?
Speaker 3: Appreciate you up party kits.
Speaker 7: Yeah, diarrhea, Sorry about the diarrhea.