Speaker 1: Time for rock News on one O one one Double j r R, Orlando's rock station.
Speaker 2: Let's check in with Lynchintaco and see which rockers.
Speaker 1: Are making the headlines for all the right and wrong reasons. One O one one Double.
Speaker 2: J r R. All right, hey, I don't forget. We've got our Tuesday ticket takeover going on right now. Jr R. Instagram. You have until midnight to get by there and get in and trying to scoop up Turnstile tickets. Turnstile coming to the Orlando Amp presented by w j r R.
Speaker 1: Gonna be a good show. You could be there at one oh one one w j r R on Instagram. I see you, Uh you got to split screen going?
Speaker 2: Am I on?
Speaker 1: Because it looks like this camera was moved.
Speaker 2: Am I there? You're you're kind of off to the side, but you're you're you're ready to be this side. Yeah that's better. Yes, somebody moved the camera. I just noticed it. I guess when.
Speaker 1: Camera grim one when they're working on the focus. I see you over there, Joe w j r R. Facebook page. Do you want to see rock piece? Should I start with good news?
Speaker 2: Hell? Yeah? You being you know the mister Good News Network anchor we Vivian Campbell, guitarist for def Leppard, sharing some big news after a twelve year battle with cancer. The guitarist is in complete remission.
Speaker 1: Knock on wood, that's great news.
Speaker 2: He was first diagnosed with Hodgkin lymphoma in twenty thirteen. Campbell said that he'd been through the mill with all sorts of chemo and immunotherapy and combination therapies, even having a stem cell transplant with his own cells, which he said did not work. Eventually, doctors told him he really only had one chance for a cure, and that was to do a donor stem cell transplant. And that's exactly what I did. We told you about that a little while back, and that last ditch effort worked. Campbell. He says, I don't get to know who the donor is for a couple of years, but when I find out, I'm gonna buy him a beer or two or three.
Speaker 1: First thing I was gonna ask who is the donor. I didn't know if there's another person in def Leppard.
Speaker 2: It was an anonymous donor, so he'll find out down the road there. Roger Daltrey was knighted over the weekend yes, he becomes one of their very select few rockers who have been knighted, joining the ranks of Paul McCartney, Rod Stuart and Elton John. He was knighted namely for his services to charity, specifically being the patron of the Teenage Cancer Trust since two thousand. So congratulations Roger Daltrian being a knight.
Speaker 1: Good job Roger.
Speaker 2: Back in January, when Ozzy and other members of Black Sabbath were honored in their hometown of Birmingham, England with the Freedom of the City Award, Sharon Osborne, Ozzy's wife, said there were plans to donate all of his wards and Platinum discs and all this other memorabilia to an exhibit that is being planned for the city. While we now can report that the Ozzy exhibit will open and at the Birmingham Museum and Art Gallery later this month, just in time ironically for the big final Black Sabbath performance on July fifth, also in Birmingham. It is titled Working Class Hero and it will showcase Ozzy's most prestigious international honors and all sorts of visuals and stuff. This also with a huge mural that is now up in the city it's like one hundred and something feet long, and it's just that that town is all about. We are so proud that we're the home of Black Sabbath and it's all gonna come to a bittersweet end on July fifth.
Speaker 1: So you said it'll be done in time for possibly the people that are going to that show, yeah, to go check out at the bonus.
Speaker 2: At the museum. So that that's kind of cool.
Speaker 1: I think if you're a ticket holder for the concert, you should get in free work on that one.
Speaker 2: Let me yeah, I'll let them know. Taco. Meanwhile, Black Sabbaths thirteen thirteenth and first album with singer Tony Martin that would be nineteen eighty seven, to the Eternal Idol will be re released on CD and vinyl on July twenty fifth, following its release on limited edition translucent red vinyl this past Record Store Day, so that it's the records out on the limited edition thing. You'll now be able to get the CD as well. If you want that Eternal Idol featuring Tony Martin on vocals, which is you know, you may or may not want that. Greg Almond's son with his third wife Cher that would be Elijah Blue Almond. He was rushed to the hospital Saturday morning after overdosing in California. He has been a battling addiction for years, and some of his recent appearances in public, he has been in a really, really bad shape.
Speaker 1: That's not good, dude, that sucks.
Speaker 2: Last weekend Download Festival in England, officials they have urged music fans to take their iPhones out of crash detection mode. The police estimate that people rocking out in mosh pits caused an increase of seven hundred to one thousand extra calls the first year that that that feature was available. They're trying to avoid having that happen again. Your phone, you know, in your pockets and you're in the moshpit and you're getting jostled around, it may think you've been in an accident and call police to your location. So they're like, hey, could you all deactivate. That's no word on how many of them actually complied with the request from the festival organizers.
Speaker 1: You're linking major bands there. Oh, yes, please have a request? No whatever, dude, No, get your phone off crash mode?
Speaker 2: Right, yeah?
Speaker 1: Could you tell me how to do that?
Speaker 2: Bon Jovi performed their first full concert since twenty twenty two. This past weekend in Nashville, they did a seventeen song set spanning their forty year career career. It was a private show part of a weekend travel package organized by Runaway Tours. You know, this happens more and more than we know. Not only do these bands catching big on like corporate events, bands will slip in and out of cities to do shows like this, but then there's this one where, you know, if you're willing to fork over a bunch of money, they'll have these private shows where there's not you know, fifty thousand people there. They pulled off seventeen songs and they from those who were there said that John bon Jovi sounded pretty good. He though, ever, he's still very cautious about touring extensively. You know, he had the vocal surgery and he's like, I just you know, last time they were out, it really all fell apart, and some of those performances are really bad, So he's cautiously optimistic. I'm at this point I'll blame them, But how's this for a wackado tour? The b fifty twos in Devo announced their Cosmic de Evolution tour. It's only eleven dates and it's uh, this is great. Uh. The B fifty twos have been doing a even though they're technic retired from touring, they have done a residency in Vegas, and Devo's been, you know, getting out there a little bit. Now the two are teaming up. They hatch this plan. I guess during the musical portion of the SNL fifty celebration, right which they were both there and they talked about it, and I guess they're going to go out and do eleven dates on this. The closest one to us is in Georgia.
Speaker 1: That sucks, I thought you were going to say, And there was a Florida date. I saw B fifty two's back with a Ziggy Marley when I was in high school.
Speaker 2: I saw the B fifty two's get booed off the stage as openers for the Who Here in Orlando at the then Tangerine Ball in nineteen eighty two.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's it. That's before Roger was knighted. Yes, yes, that's well before. Yes, and I still will never forget Fred Schneider.
Speaker 2: The B fifty two is going, We're taking you a planet, Claire whether you like it or not, and just all this barrage of garbage rained down and then they're like, screw this, we are outing, we are not taking you, all right, and that would be your rock news for this week.
Speaker 1: This is a song that u j R R Orlando's rock station.
Speaker 2: Mm hmm