Speaker 1: Jr. Orlando's Rock Station with Ozzy Lynching Taco. Good morning, hey all. Next week we will have free passes for the back to the Beginning streaming event that you'll be able to check out the final Black Sabbath original lineup performance and all the great bands that are going to be part of that event. July fifth, Yeah, July fifth from Birmingham, England. So all next week during our show, we'll have some of those passes to give away so you can watch that.
Speaker 2: Question for you because you are going to be driving when that show is happening. If are you still able to watch it a little later.
Speaker 1: By you know what I'm saying, Well, yeah you can with the pass I think is good for forty eight hours.
Speaker 2: Okay, I want to check cool just so you could get to your destination and sit down and enjoy some.
Speaker 1: OZ twenty nine ninety nine if you're looking to purchase that by the way, all right, unto check it out time here on JR. Some science and technology news. It was a good day yesterday from Mark Zuckerbergen is company Meta, which of course you know, has all things under that umbrella, including Facebook. A federal judge sided with Facebook and Meta in dismissing a copyright infringement lawsuit that was brought by authors who accused the company of stealing their works to train its artificial intelligence technology. We've talked about this before. You train artificial intelligence by literally feeding it gobs of information and it takes it all in and then it regurgitates exactly author It hasn't killed everybody yet, Taco. We're not at that point, but it authors have contended that their written works should they should be compensated if these uh ai uh you know models are being trained with their material. The judge sided with Meta. Now, the US District judge out of San Francisco found that this group of thirds teen riders that also included comedian Sarah Silverman made the wrong arguments and then tossed the case. But the judge also said the ruling is just limited to the authors in this particular case and does not provide Meta license. Let me decode that for you. The judge basically says, you got something here, but you've framed your case improperly. You went the wrong angle, so they're gonna have to get back with much like I'm contending on the Diddy thing, it's similar you know they're trying to get him for this, but their content from the get go. So we'll see how that goes. We'll see how this goes moving forward.
Speaker 2: Did Sarah cuss him out on the way out of the courtroom.
Speaker 1: That I'm not I don't think she's there. He said something like, you know, Pat take a bite. Yeah, yeah, perhaps I don't think she was present in the courtroom for this. She's a dirty one, not in a bad way. I mean. Venice, Italy has been taken over by Jeff Bezos and is soon to be brought Laurence Sanchez. Their big wedding spread over three days starting today. The locals in Venice, Italy are not happy with this event have staged all sorts of protests against the Bezos and Empire if they basically there. They don't like the fact that they have basically rented out Venice for themselves.
Speaker 2: Yeah they did. They put up a big sign or something, and.
Speaker 1: Well they've rented out all these water taxis and stuff, and they just you.
Speaker 2: Know, it's think, if you got that invite, what do you get him as a gift? You could give him an Amazon gift card stone for total loop.
Speaker 1: I don't know. Dude. So I we'll see how this whole thing plays out over the next three days. I'm sure it'll be extravagant and fabulous. Direct TV will no longer offer their satellite subscriptions for some new customers. They're trying this out on a trial basis in some markets. You know, That's how Direct TV initially built their business, was on satellite delivery of television signals, and the whole idea in the beginning was to deliver TV to rural areas that didn't have access to cable. Well since then, obviously, things have drastically changed, even with the Direct TV now transitioning mainly to a streaming service, although there's plenty of people who still used the satellite portion of it and in rural areas rely on that. But I guess what they're saying here is, if you live in a major metropolitan area, there's really no need for us to come out and install equipment on your roof and in your house when you've already got the cable running into your place that you can stream it through. It's that easy. So they're trying that out in some areas. We'll see if this is ultimately the demise of the satellite portion of direct TV, although it still doesn't answer what they're supposed to do for their rural customers, who you know, in some cases are white years away from having some the amenities and access to things that most of us just take for granted these days. Yeah.
Speaker 2: They and plus they're going to save the corner over your roof. Remember that when when the little dishes first were out and they just screw them right through everything.
Speaker 1: I still have the base of mine on the roof. I took the dish off, but I'm not going to screw that. I now have a water leak.
Speaker 2: Oh no, of course, that's as soon as I saw my dude, that's awesome.
Speaker 1: YouTube is increasing the minimum age required for its users to live stream. It was thirteen, now they're raising that to sixteen. It was confirmed that as of July twenty second, creators will need to be sixteen or older to stream unaccompanied on that platform. So make sure your kids are aware of that, Mom and dad, uh huh, while you're you know, hovering over everything else. HDMI cables. This has been a bane of many people's existence for years. When these things first came into use, the concept was great. It still is great. The cables themselves used to be overpriced beyond reasonable prices. They since have improved and come down in price, and the amount of information that flows through these cables has improved over the years. The current standard is HDMI two point one, which is for the four K in eight K delivery of video and audio. All Right, it can be able to forty eight gigabits per second through those ultra HDMI two point one cables. HDMI two point two, that version has now been finalized as the next the next HDMI cable it'll be coming out. It'll double the current video capacity to ninety six gigabits per second and deliver sixteen K resolution. Now, that's fine and dandy when these cables come out, they'll work just fine with the existing connectors. The problem is you'll have to have compatible devices to take advantage of that bandwidth and resolution. So manufacturers now will be able to start producing those types of devices that will be able to fully utilize the forthcoming HDMI two point two standard.
Speaker 2: These are times that I really love that My recent TV purchases were just hey, I can get this TV for about about ninety eight dollars.
Speaker 1: You're a guy who doesn't really you don't really care about you know, all the building whistles now now I know you don't get On the other hand, this is exciting to me.
Speaker 2: That's my major in college, is this stuff? I just really you know, kind of hey.
Speaker 1: Ring camera alerts are about to get a little bit smarter utilizing AI. You know, if you have Ring cameras, you can set to set your app to receive alerts when there's motion in front of those cameras, alerting hey, something's up, and then you got to go and look and see what's happening. Right now, the descriptions that show up are pretty general person detected. With the use of the AI alerts that'll be rolling out with Ring camera, you'll now get a more like person detected at front door with a mop. So if you know you're a cleaning person or whatever, person detected at the front riding on a mower, you know, stuff like that person at the front door with a gun. Yes, exactly, exactly. And then there's this be careful if you're buying what is being touted as a pre owned switch to console somebody's sell anyone that they're looking to get rid of or whatever. Buyer beware. The company is making no bones about it that they are fully aware that there are folks out there who have found a way to pirate the switch to games with a it's called a MiG card to play pirated games. When they detect that, they will brick your system. Okay, they'll render it useless. People who've had that happen to them by Nintendo are then trying to sell those systems unbeknownst to the pert as used and it's a great deal. Guess what if you buy one of those, it's been bricked, it ain't working, it ain't never gonna work. So there's saying buyer beware there. If you want to buy one legitimately secondhand, they say to go through a authorized retailer with an open box return policy this period. Go through a retailer. Yeah, that's it. And finally some good news to wrap up tech it out. Researchers at the University of South Florida are taking a high tech approach to a very old problem here in Florida, mosquito born disease. The team at USF has designed a smart trap that uses artificial intelligence to identify dangerous mosquitos in real time. The device will lure these mosquitos in, take a photo, then use an algorithm to detect the species, flagging the ones that carry viruses like denge or malaria. Identifying these quickly and where they're at can pinpoint areas that municipalities can then go and target for control efforts. Yeah, that's cool. The device is going to cost under one hundred and fifty bucks.
Speaker 2: If they if they're able to do that and lwer these things in and figure all that out, couldn't you just make it one of those traps that doesn't you know, outside your.
Speaker 1: House, a bug, bug light, bug staffort.
Speaker 2: I guess that Inceph Forlis make a good point.
Speaker 1: Taco let your Taco on demand.
Speaker 2: Download the iHeartRadio app and listen anytime anywhere. This is j R R