Speaker 1: You're listening to Big Foot Society and I'm Jeremiah Byron. Tonight's account comes from a mom who thought a midweek camp out at Lake ten Killer in Oklahoma would be the perfect escape, but she was about to find out that that was not the case, that the forest would be coming alive in ways that she neither expected or wanted. This is a story, Presley, a mother who had to dial nine one one, and this episode will go over why she had to do that. To stay with us, all right, Big for Society got the privilege of talking to Presley today. Presley is an individual I got connected to over on the TikTok platform and she's on the program today to share about an encounter that happened in the state of Oklahoma. Her and her kids were present. I believe for that. So, Presley, how's it going today?
Speaker 2: Hey good?
Speaker 1: How are you doing great? Doing great? I'm excited to have you on the show today. You get some really interesting connections over there on TikTok, and this takes place down in Oklahoma, which definitely has some great stories come out of there. But you know, you're welcome to take us back to what was going on when you had this encounter where you were, feel free to take us back to that point in time.
Speaker 2: Okay, So we were.
Speaker 3: It was my daughters and I and we were camping at Lake Timillar State Park, which is near the dam area of the lake. And we weren't strangers to this lake. I actually grew up on this lake, but it is about like two hours where we lived. So we go out there, we go camping from time to time, but we've never stayed like in this part of the lake, the state park part, So that was new to us, and it was recommended from a friend that we know to go out there and stay. So I homeschooled my children and I work from home, so we have the privilege of packing up midweek and going out there and camping. And that's what we did. And this was April ninth when it happened, and we got out there at about ten am. And April ninth, I don't really feel like is like camping season for a lot of people in Oklahoma during that time of year, and we were the only campers in the entire state park that we had seen. We drove around, we walked around, and there was nobody there besides like the state park employees and us, So that was kind of crazy, but it was really cool actually because we got to do the trails by ourselves, so we just had the whole place to ourselves and we walked around. But when we got there, we got there at like i'd say ten ten thirty am, and we set up our tent, we set up camp and all that, and we liked to paint rocks, like we're in a little rock painting group, So we painted some rocks and we went fishing, and we went hiking the trails and nothing weird like was happening during this time.
Speaker 2: But when we came back.
Speaker 3: From walking the trails, we went down and we went fishing for probably like an hour or so, and then we went back up to camp after and we started a fire. And that would have been around like probably like five PM. But we started the fire and that's when I started hearing things. But I also want to say I never believed in bigfoot until this happened, and I wasn't even a bigfoot believer like during this event. It wasn't until like the day after when I started like thinking about the story and stuff, and then I came across a bigfoot thing on TikTok and it kind of matched my story, and so that's kind of why I feel like it was probably a bigfoot. There's no other explanation. You'll you'll see. But so anyways, we started the fire and we started to hear like stake's break and like these little like whistles and stuff. But it was weird like where our tent was set up, we were kind of surrounded by the lake, but on the and I sent you the picture so you can see what I'm talking about, but like on the right side there was a forest area and trails and stuff, and that's where we had went exploring through that day. So everything was pretty much clear around us. No one was around us, but this forest side where the trails were, it's like where we started hearing a lot of stuff go on. But the whistles and the sticks breaking, like it was like it was catching our attention because it was like really noticeable.
Speaker 2: It kept happening.
Speaker 3: It was catching our attention, but I didn't really think nothing of it, like it's the woods over there, you know, it could be anything really, So but as the sun like started going down, it started the whistles sounded like they were getting closer and the sticks breaking were like getting really closer.
Speaker 2: So anyways, we still weren't paying it much. Mind. I do want to mention that.
Speaker 3: Earlier that day, we had ordered Uber out to the lake, out to our campsite, and the Uber driver like had a hard time finding our campsite and stuff, and he was kind of like angry. I guess that he couldn't find the campsite and he was like, don't. He was kind of really intimidating, and it was just really mad about the whole dropping the food off situation, and so that encounter kind of had me kind of nervous. So after we had our fire going and stuff and we put it out, when we went in to camp for the night, I decided that since we were the only ones in the park and there was no one else around, I was gonna like put out the fire and make our camp real dark because I didn't want anyone to be able to see our campsite, just me and my daughter's camping. So when all this happened, I was thinking that these noises were maybe from like this Uber guy coming back, or Okay, I'm just I'm getting ahead of myself, so let me slow down.
Speaker 2: Okay, So.
Speaker 3: We put the fire out and then we got into the tent, and two my daughters are pretty young, so the two youngest ones, they were already in the tent asleep about seven, seven thirty pm. And my oldest daughter and I were cleaning up the camp, putting out the fire, you know, getting everything situated so we.
Speaker 2: Could get inside.
Speaker 3: And as soon as we got inside the tent and turned the lights off, that's when we started hearing stuff. Now earlier when I had mentioned we were painting rocks, we were painting the rocks and then we hid them along the trail. So when we got in the camp, we, like I said, we were the only ones in the campsite. And this part of Oklahoma is straight river rocks, so like if someone were walking around your campsite, you would hear everything. Those river rocks, they make a lot of noise when they're being walked on, so you can hear everything. Well, I wasn't hearing like anyone walk around our campsite or anything like that, but there were rocks being thrown at our tent and like around our tent, and I'm like, so we're in the tent, it's pitch black outside my two of my daughters are sleeping. One of my daughters is on her tablet playing Roadblocks, and I'm sitting on there on my phone playing. But I hear like these rocks that are being thrown, and I'm like, I'm asking my oldest daughter and I'm like, do you hear that? And she's like, yeah, I hear that. And I'm like, that's that's weird. Like we're the only ones in the campsite.
Speaker 2: What is that?
Speaker 3: And so we kind of like just try to let it go. Didn't really pay it any mind. And uh, after I did hear those rocks, I got up and I kind of cracked the tent windows a little bit so I could like peek out and see if I could see anything out there. And it was pitch black, but the moonlight, the moonlight had it pretty lit up so.
Speaker 2: You could see. Well.
Speaker 3: I had the tent windows cracked and I was peeking out there, and I didn't see anything. There was a stray cat out there, like eating off the ground and stuff my girls had thrown like some leftover hot dog out there, and so the stray cat was out there eating. But I knew that, you know, that wasn't the throwing rock noise. I didn't know what the throwing rock noise was, but anyways, I just kind of like zipped up the tent windows a little bit more and sat back down. Well, probably five or ten more minutes went by, and we heard something outside the tent. So you know when you steak a tent in the ground, like you you know, you hammer the steaks in there. Well, it being river rock, I couldn't get the steaks all the way in the ground, so they were kind of like sticking up out of the ground, and I had put bigger rocks over them so like no one would trip over the stakes. Well, one of those rocks I could hear like on the court it had gotten knocked over.
Speaker 2: And so immediately my heart dropped. I'm like, there's something outside this tent, Like I do not know what is outside this tent.
Speaker 3: Like I'm freaking out, but maybe it's a raccoon, you know, That's like where my head is at. But also at the same time, I'm like, what if that uber driver, like me being a paranoid single mom out there, I'm like, what if that uber driver came back and it's him, Like I was freaking out, I didn't know what was going on. So I'm sitting there and I'm just kind of listening to these noises. Well then so I heard that rock fall over and that was like towards the front of the tent. Well then it got quiet for just a few seconds, and then I heard like a brushing on the other side of the tent, like something brushed up on the other side of the tent, and it was it was tall enough to where I knew, like, that's not a raccoon, Like raccoons are not that tall.
Speaker 2: Like I don't know what that is out there.
Speaker 3: But at this point, I'm like trying not to freak out in front of my daughter, but internally I'm like freaking out. I don't know what's going on. So I sat there for a few more minutes. And after that, after I heard the brushing, I got like, I got so scared. I got up and I looked out of the tent windows again. And I'm probably looking out of the tent windows for like ten or fifteen minutes, and I hear nothing, I see nothing. I'm like so confused. I don't know what's going on. So then I'm like, okay, you know what it's been a long day, like we've been out all day. We I just need to lay down and go to sleep.
Speaker 2: I don't know what that is. I'm freaking myself out.
Speaker 3: So I'm sitting there and like I said, I work from home, so I'm checking some emails before I go to bed, and I'm leaned up against the tent. So like if you were to be on the outside of the tent looking like you could see, probably it bulged out me leaning on it, you know. So I'm like leaning on the side of this tent, checking emails before I go to bed, and all of a sudden, the loudest like there's no explanation for like what this could have been. The loudest bank, like if you were to pick up a car and slam it on the ground.
Speaker 2: I know that sounds so dramatic, but that's.
Speaker 3: That's the best I can explain it, like the loudest bank. And it was followed by like an impact of rocks being thrown up at the tent well. The rocks hit my back, and also where my young was sleeping along the tent wall, it woke her up out of her sleep because the rocks hit her in the head and it was like these rocks hurt. It was whatever that impact was was so powerful, and immediately like now I'm freaking out, like my heart's racing.
Speaker 2: I don't know what to do.
Speaker 3: Immediately, I grabbed the phone and I called nine one one because I know this is dramatic, but I'm like, oh my god, what if that uber guy came back and he's like shooting at us?
Speaker 2: Like is it a gunshot?
Speaker 3: Like if you were to shoot a pistol off next to your ear, like that's probably how loud it was.
Speaker 2: But I grew up around guns and I knew.
Speaker 3: I'm like, that wasn't like that couldn't have been a gun shot unless like its just nothing made sense. I'm like, what was that? And I've told people about it and they were like, well, maybe it was a tree branch that fell or and I'm like no, Like, for one, there wasn't even a tree. There was a tree at the camp, but not by her tent right there, Like there's no explanation for what this loud of impact was. And also the force behind those rocks being thrown like it hurt. So immediately I called nine one one, and I'm like I didn't know what to tell him.
Speaker 2: I'm like, Hi, I think.
Speaker 3: Someone shooting at my tent, Like I'm not sure what's going on. Can you send it officer out here. I just want to pack up and leave, like I just I need it lit a like I want to officer out here while I pack up and leave, please, And so they're like yeah, and you know, asking me questions. I was on the phone with the lady and she was like, do you want me to stay on the phone with you until.
Speaker 2: The deputies get there?
Speaker 3: And I was like yes, please, And so I had it on the phone the whole time, and I'm like, I'm going to look out of the windows, like while we're waiting on him. And so I'm looking out of the windows after that, like freaked out, and I'm still not seeing anything. And at this point, I'm like, I'm mad, I'm scared. I'm confused, Like I have no clue what that was, what's going on. It's just us out here. And that's when the deputy or the dispatch lady on the phone she goes, well, I was going to see if one of the park rangers were there, but they all left at five, and.
Speaker 2: I was like, oh my god.
Speaker 3: So like We're literally the only ones in the state park right now, like and so that really just totally scared me. And it's a really rural area, you know, so like probably fifteen or twenty minutes later the deputies show up. And by this time, probably about five minutes before the deputies show up, I got out of the tent. I just I turned on every lanner and I had I turned on my car alarm, so whatever was out there, like whoever was out there, I came out with an entrance out of that tent, you know, like I lit everything up, I set off the car alarm, and I didn't see anything. And I went back to the spot to where the impact was, and there was nothing there, like nothing there. So I packed up my stuff and the kids as quick as we could and we got out of there, and we got home, you know, late that night and that next day. And I'm sitting there like that next day and I'm thinking about it, and I'm scrolling on TikTok and I run across this posts that's these girls that were having rocks thrown at him, like as they were walking down a hiking trail, and I'm like, wait, we were having rocks thrown at us, you know, like and so then I started, you know, I clicked the little thing on TikTok and says bigfoot at the bottom, a little search thing, and it started. I ran across this post from this girl that was like things that entice Bigfoot, and it's things like fishing and starting fires, and I so read. I'm Cherokee and Chalktaw citizen, so I know the stories like of our tribal war and stuff of Bigfoot, but I never really thought anything of it. But you know, it's like there was talks from the Chalktaw tribe about how they liked women and children, and I'm like, oh my god. It was just me and my children out there camping. So all these things started to like kind of come about, and I'm like, what if that was like a Bigfoot experience, Like there's no that impact. And plus the sticks breaking, the whistling, and we did on and off throughout the whole day. It was extremely windy that day. We kept getting like nasty smells and my daughters were like blaming each other and stuff that I seen that's like a Bigfoot thing, like Bigfoot skinks, I guess. So anyways, all these little clues I started reading about just kind of went with my story really well. And I don't know, I don't know, but I just wanted to share that because that was intense and I still there's no explanation for what that impact was.
Speaker 2: I've thought about it every day since.
Speaker 1: You know, Wow, that is such an intense encounter. I mean, I'm you handled yourself really well. I mean, to be in that type of situation, and on top of it all, try you have to deal with a guy not treating yet good that's delivering your food like that, it's just not cool.
Speaker 2: That was, yeah, And I mean I was being dramatic about that, you know, I'm like, oh my god, he's coming back to shoot our tent. But still at the same time, you got to think about stuff like that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, totally, and also too, like there was no like, there was no explanation. I know, it wasn't a gunshot, but it was like as loud as one, if not louder, and then the rock impact.
Speaker 2: I just don't know.
Speaker 1: So did you end up leaving before the deputies got there?
Speaker 3: Then?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 3: Uh, they actually like stayed there while we got all packed up and stuff. I was already a little bit packed up when they rolled up. When I got out of the tent and like lit everything up, I had to immediately started throwing stuff in the trunk. So when they pulled up, we were pretty much almost packed and they stayed there while I took the tent down and stuff, and they were asking me, you know, they were like did you see anything?
Speaker 2: Did you hear anything? And I'm like, I'm trying not to sound.
Speaker 3: Crazy because i know we're the only ones in this park, but I'm like no, Like that's the thing that's killing me. It's like I did not see anything, Like, yes, we heard things, but I did not see anything, and I have no explanation, and that drives me nuts, you know, like what was it?
Speaker 1: Excuse me? The way they were reacting was it was it like there were how are they reacting the whole time? Were they kind of like making like oh this again, or like oh another bigfoot thing?
Speaker 2: Or no.
Speaker 3: So that's the crazy thing too, is after I kind of started thinking maybe this could have been a big foot, it took me back to one of the officer's faces, because so there was an older officer and there was a younger officer, and they were actually highway patrols. I guess that's who patrols that area. I don't know they were highway patrols. But the younger one, like he kind of went off with his flashlight and was looking around. Can't but the older one, like when I was telling him, which I didn't give us obviously much of detail as I'm giving now, I was panicked, but the information I was giving him, like, he kept looking off in the woods and stuff, and he didn't leave. He just kind of kept like you could tell he was trying to figure out the situation, figure me out. But he kept looking over, like off in the woods and stuff, and he didn't have much to say. And I wouldn't put it past you, like if he actually was thinking maybe bigfoot too, now that I know what I know now and remembering like his you know, demeanor and stuff, he probably.
Speaker 2: Thought it was a big foot too.
Speaker 3: But he was definitely interested in, you know, trying to figure the situation out.
Speaker 1: He's I would guess, you know, being an individual that's done that for a few years, he's probably heard other stories as well.
Speaker 2: Yeah, can you.
Speaker 1: Is not to be weird, but can you describe what the weird smells were? Like they like anything else that you smelled before.
Speaker 3: Yeah, my kids were like, ew, who's farting? Who keeps farting? Like it was just a it was just like a foul you know smell, Like yeah that we kept smelling and yeah, we didn't know who it was or what it was. We were blaming each other, so gotcha it was. I will say when the rock that I had like leaned up on the stake, when that was kicked over and like during the brushing of the tent part, like you could smell it then you could smell it pretty strong then, And yeah, that was that. But I didn't at that time, like I didn't know anything about bigfood.
Speaker 1: This would have been probably when you were packing up. But were you able to see the rocks that were thrown at the tent? Were they the same rocks that you had been painting or totally different ones?
Speaker 2: So I didn't see.
Speaker 3: We had looked around camp now it was nighttime when we were packing up and stuff. But I had ran a flashlight like around the campsite looking for anything, and I did not. I didn't see any paintings or anything like that, like any of the painted rocks or anything like that. But that always like really got me in the story because we did paint rocks and we hit them along those trails, you know, and it was just so weird that at first the rocks were being thrown at our tent. I had that thought too, I'm like, what if those were the rocks that we painted that were being thrown back? But I didn't see anything like around our campsite that I remember as we were packing up.
Speaker 2: But I also was out of there as quick as I cared could be.
Speaker 1: Absolutely, at any point when you guys were in that park, did things get extremely quiet or was it kind of normal sounds the whole day?
Speaker 3: I mean, I don't really remember anything getting like extremely quiet. I do know that this day in particular, it was so windy, like the wind was being a nuisance, I know, just like we had the wind going all day, but not that I remember, Like, no, I don't remember it like getting quiet. None of these stick breakings and the whistlings though, none of that started until after we went fishing and we came up and started the campfire. When we were sitting around the campfire is when we started hearing stuff off in the woods.
Speaker 1: Would it be possible to try to mimic the type of whistling that you had heard.
Speaker 3: Let's see, like a it would I mean, I can try to do. It's gonna soud funny, but I guess maybe like two long whistles back to back, like a like a not like a cat call whistle, but kind of like that, but drop drug out, you know, like woooo. I guess maybe not even like that. I don't know how to recreate it, but it was. I remember there was one point specifically where roasted marshmallows and I looked over at my daughter and I'm like, dang, that whistle was really exotic. Like whatever that whistle was was really we watched birds, so that's why it was registering with me, that whistle. I'm like, I wonder what that is. That's a really unique whistle, you know. But again, never thought anything of it. We were making our s'mores, you know, doing whatever. Never thought anything of it interesting.
Speaker 1: Did you hear any other birds, like owls or any animals at any time?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 3: I mean maybe like normal birds you know that you hear in the woods and stuff like, there was little troopings and stuff, but nothing that like stuck out.
Speaker 1: Okay, so nothing like you hear a bird and you're like, that was weird because it sounded a little off.
Speaker 2: Nothing like that, Yeah, okay, no, just the whistle.
Speaker 3: The whistle was off and we were like, what kind of bird could that be? But other than that, no, nothing gotcha.
Speaker 1: When you were on your hike, did you notice anything out of the ordinary.
Speaker 3: In the woods? Okay, so we did, And I don't know how out in the ordinary this is, but we brought it home because we thought it was really neat. So, like I said, Tim Killer, where we're at, Like, I've been around there my whole life. I grew up down there.
Speaker 2: We would find turtle shells all the time. Everywhere.
Speaker 3: This turtle shell, though, I have never seen a turtle shell like this before, and I actually have a picture of it. I have it here at my house and I could send you a picture of it if you want. But so when we were walking through this trail, when you leave our tent, like where I have the trail circled in the photo, you go through the trail and it's kind of dense woods for a little bit and you cross this little creek. Well, right when you cross this little creek, the trees open up to like this large circle area like on top of a bluff, and it's just like not like river rock, but like it's not volcanic rock, but if you were to look at that, it would be it was like the same. It was just this like black top of rock, no trees, nothing, and it's just like this circle area on a bluff. It was kind of weird coming out of the trail, you know, all woodsy, and then it just open up to this area and we're like, whoa.
Speaker 2: That's crazy.
Speaker 3: Well it looks like a wash area, like where you know, when it rains or whatever, things just washed down this area off into the lake is what it looked like. Well, there was nothing except right in the center, the dead center of this area, there's this white turtle shell. And we were like, you know, still not thinking anything, but we were like, oh, that's cool. How random is that just sitting there, you know, like why didn't that get washed down with the rest of the stuff.
Speaker 2: That's crazy.
Speaker 3: And so we pick it up and we're checking it out and it's just this white turtleshell. But still the area that it was at, like it just didn't make sense, like that would have already been washed down if it was just like like I feel like it was placed there, And even before knowing anything of Bidfoot, when we walked up on it, I'm like, that's really weird that this is here, you know, how cool. Girls like we're really lucky to find this white turtleshell.
Speaker 2: How cool? And so we took it home and.
Speaker 3: We still have it. But that always struck me as weird. And I don't know if that has.
Speaker 1: Anything to do with anything that is definitely the ordinary. I would say, did you notice any trees that were I I don't know, let's say, trees that were you know, broken or bent in weird angles or anything like that when you're walking around?
Speaker 3: Uh No, I wouldn't say that I noticed anything like that. Now we now like it was an afural force. So you know, there was like a tree that was on the ground and stuff, but not anything that I noticed like weird.
Speaker 2: I guess gotcha.
Speaker 1: After you had you know, you got home, you brought the turtleshell home, all that good stuff. Did anything at the ordinary start happening at home or just kind of a one time occurrence at lake Time Killer?
Speaker 3: Yeah, nothing weird has happened at my house or anything. It was just just that experience, just those few, those few short hours we spent out there.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was the craziest thing.
Speaker 3: And like, I don't I've know I ever had a fear come over me to where I'm like, I felt like I was frozen, like when I called that cop or nine to one one, Like I've.
Speaker 2: Never felt fear like that in my life.
Speaker 3: So that's just something I want to put out there, Like that was so terrifying, and I feel better about it now, But that whole experience just really shook me, and it still shakes me, Like it's scary.
Speaker 2: So but no, nothing at my house.
Speaker 1: Oh absolutely, I mean it does really affect you. It makes your heartbeat, yeah, uncontrollably, sometimes raise your blood pressure, all this crazy crazy stuff. But was there also a time where you were not able to move at all or just there is so much fear that you're like I'm gonna I just have to power through this.
Speaker 3: When the rocks hit me, like that impact, like the amount of emotions that came over me, Like I can't even explain it. I was frozen for a second, and like I was confused, Like I said, I hadn't I literally had no clue what that could have been. I was angry because the rocks heart and it woke up my daughter, like it irritated me. I'm like, what the heck is out there doing this? And then just yeah, I was frozen for a second and like my heart sank, like I just sat there and I'm.
Speaker 2: Like like shaking.
Speaker 3: I'm like what do I do? And my daughter like looked up from her tablet. She's looking at me like she's terrified, and I'm like, immediately, I just picked up my phone and called nine one one, like I yeah, but it froze me for a good few seconds.
Speaker 1: Was everyone okay after being hit by the rocks?
Speaker 3: So yeah, it just woke my daughter up for a minute and she like grabbed her head and she's like oh, and I'm like it's okay, go back to sleep, and.
Speaker 2: She went back to sleep, and yeah, that's good.
Speaker 1: How is that that is good? How has this affected you regarding Bigfoot after or living through this experience?
Speaker 2: Like I said, at first, I was so terrified.
Speaker 3: I remember telling the cop I was like, I'm never coming camping again, which is crazy because, like I said, I was raised at the lake. I'm a camping girl where fishing people like we are all always out in nature. So it really shook me up to where I was like, I was like, I'm well, for sure, I'm never going camping with just me and my girls again. We'll have like, you know, my father or a mel with us or something like, We're not ever going camping solo again. But I'm actually not scared now, Like now that I've read about bigfoot and I've you know, TikTok and your podcasts and everything have been like a lot of help. Seeing just my family, they're like, you're crazy, you know, like you know, my dad was like it was probably a tree, that fella, And I'm like no, like they're not bigfoot believers, so they they're like okay, you know, and I'm like, no, like seriously, I'm a bigfoot believer. Now there is something out there, And after reading all the accounts and stuff and especially finding out I actually, in my readings found out that where this event happened, there's actually people say there's like a known bigfoot out there, and there's other accounts in this area, you know, of stories. So I'm like, okay, I'm not alone, like there's other people out there who have had this experience.
Speaker 2: But if anything.
Speaker 3: Now I'm intrigued, Like I'm like, okay, that's kind of cool, you know, Like it was Gary, and I don't know that I ever want to be face to face with him again, But I believe people's stories now and it's intriguing. It's actually interesting to me. And no, we are not alone on this planet. Like that's something I am very certain about now.
Speaker 1: Oh absolutely. So where did you end up finding more information about this area and bigfoot encounters?
Speaker 2: There was? It was on YouTube, I guess.
Speaker 3: I just started googling and youtubing bigfoot encounters like tink Killer Oklahoma, and just anything I found on Google I would click on. But the one story that I remember was this lady who I guess she had made this story back in twenty twelve, but she would spend time growing up out there with her grandmother and it was in the Gore area, and her grandmother was fully aware of this bigfoot and she started seeing it when she grew up, and they had a little encounter where the bigfoot I guess, beat on the door and like bowed the metal door in half. So that was a crazy story. I'm glad nothing like that happened to me. That would freak me out. But yeah, so just.
Speaker 2: Hearing stories like that, I'm like, oh my god, Bigfoot is real.
Speaker 1: So after hearing something like that where you know that's kind of a very intense encounter as well, how does that then make you feel like you have no fear regarding the situation.
Speaker 3: I mean, I just don't think. I think it's more of like knowing or reading all these other encounters, Like that's really what helped me, because I'm not fearful. Now there it is. You know, it has been brought to light. There's so many stories about it. And then I researched the BFRO, the Bigfoot Research Organization, and they have like hundreds of encounters like on their website, and so just reading through those and the ones from Oklahoma and seeing how many reports are made, it just doesn't scare me because I know I'm not the only one, you know, And it does give explanation to what that noise was. It's the only thing that I feel like could be explained from it. You know, it wasn't a gunshot, even though it sounded like it wasn't a tree falling, Like, there was nothing else to explain it. So I feel like it truly was a Bigfoot, and just yeah, knowing that other people have had this experience in the same region and around there, I'm not scared anymore, you know.
Speaker 2: And now I'm not saying that I'm.
Speaker 3: Gonna go out there and camp again like solo, but I'm not scared, you know, anymore. And if anything were to happen in the future, I feel like like I feel like we had warnings. I feel like that Bigfoot now looking back, I feel like he was trying to warn us with all the sticks breaking and like the whistling and everything that we had been hearing. I feel like, maybe, you know, that was a warning. And I feel like the biggest mistake I probably made, which I don't know if this makes a difference for Bigfoot or not, but I feel like when I shut down all the lights at the campsite, I feel like maybe I should have never done that. I feel like maybe I should have left some lights going or something. I don't know, if that gave you know, more power to him to come over there, maybe more, you know whatever.
Speaker 2: I don't know, but.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's an interesting thing to think about. And also you have the the point that you had, uh, you know, you playing some kind of games on electronics, So that must that might have been a thing where it's like maybe the sound, you know, was there's some curiosity there, or maybe it was a thing where like they heard the sound and they're like time to go.
Speaker 3: To bed.
Speaker 1: Through theacks that yet, But it's just it's it's very very interesting. Do you think you would ever be interested in getting to the point where you actually go out and try to have another big foot encounter yourself or you're more prepared.
Speaker 2: So both. I'm not gonna lie.
Speaker 3: Hanobia, Oklahoma is known for the most big foot encounters, I guess, or one of them, and we are big Airbnb stairs. We love that part of Oklahoma, So between Broke and bo Hanobia Tinkiler, we're always getting airbnbs and or chant camping in that area. And so there's actually been two times since this event that I've been out in that area at an Airbnb and different airbnbs.
Speaker 2: One was in Berkenbo and then.
Speaker 3: We were out at like Tinkiller last week for the beast Master Classic that they had going on. So both of those times I did go outside during nighttime and I sat around the fire and I had my kids and their dad was with us, and so.
Speaker 2: We had some people out there.
Speaker 3: But I tried to wander off by myself and just sit around the fire and kind of see if anything.
Speaker 2: You know, was gonna happen.
Speaker 3: But nothing happened, and so I'm like, okay, so I just went inside. But it was spooky. But I also read that like most people who have encounters have encounters again, so that's kind of what I was trying to do with that situation. And since I do go out there frequently, like I probably will try that again, but nothing like has happened or anything.
Speaker 1: But keep it. I mean, yeah, you're correct, but the first encounter only happened in April, right, yes, of this year, so it's still still very real. Yeah, it'd be very interesting to hear what might happen in the future. Sometimes things like this tend to follow a certain path. It'd be interesting, you know, to hear from you if things do continue to happen. You're more than welcome to reach back out or if you have any questions about, hey, this certain thing started to happen, and definitely try to answer any of those for you too, because sometimes some weird stuff will start to happen. After people have an encounter.
Speaker 2: So that's good tonight.
Speaker 1: Okay, nothing to be freaked out about, but just you know, you never know, right, so but here to help. So thank you for hanging out today, Presley. Was there anything else that you needed that you would like to share about the experience or do you think we were able to cover all of it today?
Speaker 2: Yeah? No, I think we covered it all. Thank you for listening.
Speaker 3: I'm finally glad to like talk to someone about it, because you know, when people don't believe in Bigfoot, it's really hard to like, you know, talk about it. So just having someone to talk about and share this story with has been nice.
Speaker 1: So I appreciate it, yes, ma'am, And you have a great rest of your day. And have you checked out the the Bigfoot Festival in Henobi at all?
Speaker 2: You know?
Speaker 3: I actually heard that they stopped doing that and I researched it after this whole thing happened and I got into big fit. Yeah, and I really wanted to go, but I heard they don't do it anymore.
Speaker 1: They do, Yeah, they're still doing it, they do, just different owners.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's this October, so check it out this October.
Speaker 2: Okay, cool, I'll check it out definitely.
Speaker 1: Thank you awesome. Well you have a great rest of your day and maybe we will chat again in the future. Have a good one, all.
Speaker 2: Right, you too, Thank you. Bye.
Speaker 4: Hi. My name is Nadine and I wanted to share a story from the late nineties. I was a Girl Scout leader and I took my troop two troops to Carnation to camp, and in the middle of the night, I was awoken. I had this really weird, uneasy feeling, and I heard this sound that was not anything I've ever known before, just howling, and it was so loud. And I heard what sounded like rustling and you know, shaking of the ground around our cabins. And it was a Girl Scout camp, so they had all these cabins that were just wood structures that we would go in and sleep inside. When I heard that sound, it course startled me. It was so loud. It was not a mountain lion, it was not a bear, it wasn't a cougar, it wasn't any other animal that I knew, and it shook me. It scared me. I knew something wasn't right, and so I got up and looked around and made sure all the girls that were in my cabin were safe and okay, they were asleep, and I was I'm a Christian, so I just started praying, praying around our campground and praying around our cabins. But I kept I heard it. I heard it twice and I had never forgotten this sound, and I didn't really say anything about it. I did ask the other girl scout leaders if they had heard anything in the night, and they were sleep. They didn't it never, it never woke them. I got home and told my husband about it and some other friends, and that was the last of it until my brother Brian started talking to me about Bigfoot, about sasquash and that they had captured a recording of it, of a sound. And when he sent that to me and I listened to it, I nearly hit the floor. It was the exact sound that I had heard that night in Carnation. That was one time I heard them. There was another time in the early two thousands. We had just moved to our other house. We bought a house and we moved to it. I lived on San Juan Island, Friday Harbor, and we lived there for thirty years and my husband and I were asleep and we woke up hearing what sounded like a woman being brutally, brutally tortured and killed. It was just awful. And our house sat up on a hill and it was over the valley and it was so loud and so unnerving. We got up, we went outside and we could hear it, and it was like vibrating through us. And I said, I called the police in the middle of the night and let them know something was wrong, that it sounded like a woman being tortured, and yet it was loud, so loud, that how can this be? And they said that unless I knew the exact location, there's nothing they can do, which I couldn't pinpoint the location because the valley right below us was a long valley off of Beaverton Valley Road, and it was there were sheep farms right there. And that was another sound that I will never forget, and because it actually vibrated and resonated in me and through me, and my husband was he heard it too. He dismissed it. I never forgot it. He has since passed away. He's been gone now for many years.
Speaker 1: If you'd like to share a voicemail to be potentially featured on the show as well. Head over to Bigfoot Society podcast dot com and hit the Share your Encounter button. Just wanted to take a minute to say thank you for listening to this episode of the Bigfoot Society podcast. Presley story of that violent night on Late ten Killer reminds us how fast an ordinary campfire can turn into a full blown survival moment. Huge thanks to Pressley for reliving every whistlestone and the unforgettable booms so that we could all feel the tension of those pitch black woods. If you enjoy this conversation, subscribe to the channel on YouTube. Ring the bell so you don't miss any new episodes, and share this one with a friend who's into Oklahoma and Bigfoot. If you're listening on Apple Podcasts or Spotify, tap the fall button or subscribe. If you leave a quick review five star positive, it helps more curious minds find us. You've had your own run in with a bigfoot, especially around the state of Oklahoma, email me at bigfo Society gmail dot com. I would love to talk to you about your encounter, and don't forget Sasquatch Summerfest is coming out very quickly. Greenwaters Park, Oakradge, Oregon, July eleventh through the twelfth. I'll be there so if you want to meet me face to face and tell me your bigfoot account. That's why I'm fine out to Oregon. You can snag a two day pass for the price of a one day admission with code BFS at checkout Go grab your tickets at www Dot Sasquatch Summerfest dot com. I'll see you there. Thanks again for being part of the big for society. Until next time, keep your lanterns, let trust your instincts, and never stop asking what else might be out there in the dark, And see you in the woods.