Speaker 1: Yeah, ripped of news, need advice, so you don't have come running is just as fast as we can. Shooter's gonna help come Man.
Speaker 2: Dix is the Troubleshooter Show. No, Tom Martino, Welcome, Welcome, my friends to the only show of it's kind. We're here to solve problems, answer your questions, take complaints.
Speaker 3: Our goal in life, my goodness. I gotta go, I gotta go, get my earpiece.
Speaker 2: It is to make your life just a little bit better. Three oh three seven one three eight two five five. That's telephone number, by the way, three oh three Martino. That number works all the time. We've got a lot cooking today. Time's getting his headphones plugged in. He's gonna be here in a second. I do want to talk about a call that we got. Yes, did you guys happen to hear the guy that bought Kevin? I had you on? Who was that? What was that dealer? Was a Mike Shaw? I forget who it was? Yeah, so the guy buys a vehicle. Yeah, listen to this. Listen. Jfr Cars is in the house with us. Rodney. Of course we got Jeff vic I was thinking Tom was going to start, so I literally have nothing up on my screen. Jeff Vick, kimmera transmission, and then our leasing expert we have in studio two, and I apologize, man, I don't have my cheat sheets. Bob, Bob, Bob Perry correct yep, And Bob, who are you with? I mean really yourself? Right now?
Speaker 3: I'm with JFR Cars.
Speaker 2: All Oh, you're with JFR. Okay, I probably asked you that ten times, but very cool. Perfect. So we got Bob, the leasing guy, Rod Greer, Kevin Kulkin.
Speaker 4: Jeff Vick.
Speaker 2: So this guy buys a vehicle eighteen miles on it. I want to know this from JFR Cars right now. I really want an honest opinion. They buy, they pick it up cold day. This was like January fifteenth, cold as hell, turns it on, picks it up from the dealership. I think it's Mike Shaw'll verify that drives away, cannot get it to blow heat no matter what, no heat whatsoever, drives it right back. So he drives nine miles away, lets it warm up, no heat drives it back. They have it for a week or so. They tell him it needs a cooling flush, so they go ahead and do a cooling flush. He comes, picks it up, leaves same exact thing. No heat. They tell him it needs a heater core, and I don't think they did the heater core. They wanted the charge him for the heater core. He's sick and tired of him. He brings it somewhere else.
Speaker 4: Well, that was after two months.
Speaker 2: That was after two months, you're right, Kevin. And then so here's what we find out. It needs an engine. The whole thing needs an engine. It's either got a cracked head or needs a head gas hit. It needs an engine.
Speaker 4: Well loaded with stoplingk And when they.
Speaker 2: Were putting the coolant flush in it, we started putting, you know, two and two together. Whether or not this is true or not, we don't know. But the mechanic that actually looked at it, who we trusted at this point in a real shot, said hey, this head has been off real recently. And I talked to Kevin yesterday and he's like, yeah, you can you can tell by looking at this that the head was off by you know, where the dirt is, where the grime is. This had has recently been off, and there was stop leak everywhere in the system. So the guy bought a car Okay, a used car granted a used car for twenty four thousand dollars twenty seventeen. Jeep Wrangler bought that car, got zero use out of it, and now what they're telling them is too bad, so sad, we're not going to do a damn thing. An engine or a head job is going to be five six grand. So I'm just curious. JFR Cars, how would you guys handle that? How would you handle that? Literally, you sold it needing an engine?
Speaker 4: We probably get close them.
Speaker 3: I know it needed an engine, though, did they know it needed an engine?
Speaker 2: Well, I don't know if they know, Tom, But who cares? It needed an engine.
Speaker 4: And it's still in a warranty.
Speaker 2: Okaytry warranty. No, there's no warranty at all.
Speaker 5: Warranty at all.
Speaker 4: Okay.
Speaker 2: I'm not saying they did anything illegal. I'm saying these guys, in my opinion, it's the most immoral thing I've heard in a while. The guy had nine miles on it, no heat, They had it for eight or twelve weeks, whatever the amount of time was, and they find out it needs a complete engine. And he literally bought it that day for twenty four thousand bucks and they won't do a damn thing about it. Wow, So what do you think, Tom?
Speaker 3: I don't know, man, I think that obviously something has to be done. I don't know. What do you well, what do you think jefr Cars you sell cars riding?
Speaker 2: What do you think?
Speaker 5: Well, I guess we would have yet, we would have definitely did the inspect and before it's before we sent it out first of all. But we've never I've never been in a situation where we've left a client hanging without any kind of answers and avoiding.
Speaker 2: Their answer is at six grand to fix it?
Speaker 4: Well, that's not the answer I'm thinking.
Speaker 5: I'm thinking we would, you know, do something to compensate and maybe help them out.
Speaker 2: Here's what I'm thinking. Even if they did, I don't need What do you think you guys, Kevin Jeff repair shops here, just off the top of your head, to fix that at cost? At cost three grand? Two grand? You're talking what head? Gasket machine shop? Who knows if there's salve.
Speaker 6: There, worst case snary you replace the head. So at costs you're probably about three grand.
Speaker 2: So grand with heads. So if they if they threw in the labor, did the heads for three grand I think that would be fair. And I'll tell you why, Tom, Because he's got a rebuilt engine at that point, right the.
Speaker 4: Upper end anyway, Yeah, the upper answer.
Speaker 2: And he should be able to get a lot of time off that compared to what he could have had.
Speaker 4: Yep.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Now in any case, are they willing to do anything?
Speaker 2: Mark? No, apparently they're not. But we have a deputy on it. I forget who I assigned it to right now, but we have someone working with them. But I just can't believe it. I mean, they literally sold them a vehicle. In fact, I'll say in my opinion, but honest to God, I mean I can't believe he could have overheated it in nine miles. I don't think he could have caused a head gasket problem in nine miles leaving the dealership, and then to find out they put stop leak in it, or somebody put stop leak in it, and then to find out they pulled the head after having it eight weeks. All right, unconscient, Now go down.
Speaker 3: I don't want to. I don't want to start a fight with Mark, but I want to say something, and and honest to goodness, I truly feel the elections went the way they should have and all of that.
Speaker 2: But I had Liberal Times coming out.
Speaker 3: Oh it is not liberal, Tom, But listen, you do a news conference about a tragic air collision in Washington, d C.
Speaker 7: YEP.
Speaker 3: I watched it, okay, and Trump's entire speech was about DEI Now, I do believe, I want to say this, I do believe diversity, equity and inclusion policies can be destructive and stupid and all of that. But to make the entire conference about that almost as if he was assuming he did it those in the traffic control and Mark really, honest to God, I'm not trying to get political. I'm not saying I'm liberal.
Speaker 2: I'm not.
Speaker 3: I'm really not liberal. Okay. But at the same time, I mean, my God in Heaven, before anything is known, he's blaming. And he literally starts naming things that he thinks is to blame, and and I mean it to me, well, I mean he talked about hold on, he talks about okay, this includes hearing vision, missing extremities, partial paralysis, complete paralysis, epilepsy, severe intellectual disability, psychiatric disability, and dwarf ism. He threw the poor dwarfs in with him. I mean, come on, Dwarfs are completely one hundred percent find people, except they're small. I mean, I don't understand, Mark, did you come on, did you cringe a little when you heard it?
Speaker 2: Not at all? So a couple things one to think he doesn't have more information than we do about this incident.
Speaker 3: Get those damn dwarfs out of the contra.
Speaker 2: Absolutely. Do you even know why he was talking about dwarfs because that was part of the DEI hiring. In other words, if you didn't fall into those categories, like the thousand white men that didn't get jobs at the FAA under the Biden administration, they were turned away because of their race. Now, hold on, hold on, And that tower had nineteen people in it and it should be staffed at thirty. But because the people didn't fit into the box that Brandon basically had, wasn't enough people to work it.
Speaker 3: Okay, now I can get I can grant you that. And under no circumstances do I want people saying, oh, Tom, you know, he's just saying, you know what's wrong with diversity, equity inclusion. What I'm saying is this, I just thought it was truly inappropriate. Now that might be a reason for all of our deficiencies. And I do believe in merit based I do believe in it. I honest to god, I do. And he was saying, if you heard him, you know, we should it should be color blind, it should be ability blind, it should be merit based. I totally agree. And I do agree that going outside and literally turning down clients in order to bring in someone less qualified because they fit in a box. And I don't mean that against ors, but what I meant was it it is not a good thing. And again I joke about dwarfism, but truly I've known many, honest God, I have. My wife wrote a book about it because she she worked with them. And let me just say something, it just seemed weird to me. Now, now, come on, no matter who you are, you had to have thought it was a little weird. But I don't want to all I want.
Speaker 2: He was reading, He was literally reading from the the Obama Biden agenda and who they would hire. That's why it was in there.
Speaker 8: Said something.
Speaker 9: Now it is, but listen, walk you know, I'm pro Trump, as you know, but I think after something like that, it's more important for the president to come out with a message of condolences.
Speaker 3: And leave the blame. He did all that, Doc, he did all that.
Speaker 2: Denny did know. There's no reason to leave the blame. I totally disagree with you. I'm glad you feel that way, though I'm happy for you. Hold on a second, I'm not he did come out and say all that. I just think he concentrated too much on DEI and.
Speaker 3: Railed high country. What a problem it is, But it may not have anything to do with this incident. And I don't think just.
Speaker 2: The fact there was only nineteen people. Instead of having one for the helicopters and one from the airplanes, it was one guy doing the job of two and they turned away. And there's a class action lawsuit against the federal government, the FAA right now from numerous people that couldn't get hired because they were white.
Speaker 3: Now, I really want to do something. I want to take a break, but I want to ask sus. No, I'm serious, I'm gonna ask sus sus not talking politically, did you think that speech was a little off base, concentrating on DEI? I mean, you know, and she's not going to agree with Mark just to agree with him, so if she does, I'll take that as an observation.
Speaker 10: What do you think, Tom, I just absolutely love how transparent Trump has been since he's been in office. So I thought he did a fine job. But that's just me.
Speaker 2: Yeah, when's the last time Biden came out? Now he's gone. Now, you know many times he would have talked about something like that, not once. Now that we have a president that comes out, you might not like what he says, but god dang it, you know what's going on in the country. You know who's leading it. You know the vision he has. It's not some secretive black ops operation and the god dang White House.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Hey, by the way, did anyone notice he got the BS word out over the air?
Speaker 11: Sure?
Speaker 3: Did Network TV and everyone. Wow, it's almost fighting.
Speaker 2: It's almost like Shannon or a dragon were running his board.
Speaker 3: They didn't run it.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: So anyway, we do have to take a break three oh three, seven to one to three talk. And again, I didn't want to make this political, but one thing I can tell you, and I'm serious about this, there's two people in this audience on this show, me and Chopper who are qualified to talk about this. From the Chopper point of view the helicopter. I have thousands of hours in the air now thousands as a helicopter pilot. I'm not going to brag about this, but I'm going to tell you there are some things that are totally being overlooked. So Chopper, if you want to chime in, you can right after this go with a sure thing Denver's Best roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance check up free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three o three seven to seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Hi Tom Martino, you're a troubleshooter. You know, all of these comments by people about the helicopter, they have one thing in common. Most of them none of them flew helicopters, or fly helicopters, or go around the country through what's called TCAs or Class A, Class C, Class BIS airspaces. Let me just explain something. Okay, there are corridors sometimes sometimes there are corridors.
Speaker 2: Through busy airspace.
Speaker 3: Like in New York, there's what's called a VFR corridor, which means, no matter what's going on around you, if you stay in that corridor, it's seen and be seen and you do anything you want.
Speaker 2: Literally.
Speaker 3: Okay, you can fly through that corridor and you can just stay in that corridor, and then it's up to you to look out for other VFR traffic in that corridor. It's called a VFR pathway or corridor. Okay. Now Denver doesn't have one, but well kind of they do, but it's not named that. Like if you stay below control airspace, above controlled airspace, or outside of controlled airspace, I guess theoretically you could call it a VFR corridor. Now, as Chopper will attest, when you're flying a helicopter, they usually allow you to do things no other airplane can do.
Speaker 2: Aircraft.
Speaker 3: They allow you to go under and over, they allow you to stand still, they allow you to do circles, they allow you to wait. But one thing they do is they want you to see and avoid so many times, no matter what altitude unless they assign you on altitude. You can fly at what you want as long as it's not violating airspace, so top flying.
Speaker 2: And this happened where that helicopter was along the Potomac River. It was supposed to be at two hundred feet. It was at four hundred feet. The flight ceiling for that Blackhawk helicopter was two hundred feet. The last known altitude when it crashed was over four hundred feet. Mark.
Speaker 3: If they're listen, if the tower was talking to them, the tower knew exactly what height that helicopter was at exactly and would have said maintain at or below two hundred feet.
Speaker 2: They would have if.
Speaker 3: They did not say that then and they said to them, we have a heavy in sight, a number you're not number, but DC ten or whatever on final. I forget what it was, but uh, then what what would have been proper simply this a helicopter son sins such, uh, you know whatever airliner on final? Do you have traffic in site? Now? Now, I didn't hear the helicopter pilots say traffic in sight. I didn't hear the helicopter pilots say looking. I didn't hear the helicopter pilots say anything, so then it says pass behind the aircraft. That's common. You can be at the same altitude they say pass behind. So as a helicopter pilot, you would look at the tail of that plane and aim for it and then go to the back.
Speaker 2: They would be going forward.
Speaker 3: You would go and pass behind them, and that would be proper no matter what altitude you're at. The tower knew what altitude, but they keep talking about altitude. You know, altitude is either like I said, assigned by air space or you talk to the tower. The tower has you bust altitudes all the time. All the time, people fly above and below the airspace based on what the tower tells you. The tower takes precedent over the corridors. So if the corridor said that was a two hundred foot ceiling, and the tower knew where they were, the tower never told them to descend. I mean, it's possible that the tower didn't know what altitude they were at.
Speaker 2: That would be pretty stupid.
Speaker 3: It's also possible that that helicopter wasn't paying attention. It sounds to me like that did anyone and his chopper on or not, because it never ever ever does a tower ever say you have traffic on final? Pass behind it? Never they say helicopter for a zero tango hotel. You know you have a commuter aircraft, or you have a G five on final? Do you see the traffic or or G five at your twelve o'clock or ten o'clock or whatever. They wait to hear traffic in sight. If they don't hear traffic in sight, they don't tell you to pass behind it. They call you again and say do you have traffic in sight? I did not hear that. Again, is chopper on or not? I asked them that are listening, well chopper? You know what, man? I very seldom do I actually beg you to come on. I would like your opinion on this now. I'm telling you this is absolute experience. I've flown all over the country, all over the country in my helicopter in class in these in these class spare airspaces. And here's the deal. I'm not bragging or trying to be a big shot. I'm just saying it's not It's not as simple as people are saying it.
Speaker 2: Go ahead?
Speaker 3: What does Fred want to say? Go ahead? Fred?
Speaker 2: Oh Am? I not hearing for some reason.
Speaker 11: Go ahead, Fred Sagan, see you hear right?
Speaker 12: Now?
Speaker 3: Go ahead, sir, I can hear you.
Speaker 11: Yes.
Speaker 13: I have flown in the Reagan many times, and when you find that Mount vernon visual, you're planning to land.
Speaker 12: On runway one.
Speaker 13: But I think what they're okaying to do is trying to get a takeoff on zero one. So they told him to circle the three to three, so he's okay. Unfortunately there's a lot of lights, so there's no real the horizon is easily definable. But you're flying over the river and he's starting a left curvel in of your type approach to land on that runway, and I think you're going to find that baring anything unusual on the voice recorders, medical mechanical that the RJ was in a turn and could not see to their right in the helicopter.
Speaker 3: Well listen, but but but here here. I don't know if you're a pilot or not, or if you fly helicopters. All I wanted to ask you is this, Do you think.
Speaker 2: Okay?
Speaker 3: Then then do you really believe you know when people say they were flying over the legal altitude? Well, I don't know of anything called legal altitude unless it's not assigned. Then you go by the chart. Isn't that right?
Speaker 13: Well, it's it's supposed to be at two hundred feet. And I don't see how you say the tower would know their altitude unless they reported it. He may have assumed they will no more than two hundred feet.
Speaker 3: Well, actually, actually you must have been out of the air a long time, because the tower knows exactly the altitude of every aircraft and it's called ADSB and they know exactly the altitude.
Speaker 13: Okay, but was he looking at it?
Speaker 12: Is my point?
Speaker 3: Well, when you look at okay, you look at the radar, they see the end number, they see the altitude, they see the speed. Come on, man, okay, look at put him on hold. I don't believe he. I don't believe you have the experience you said. I'm sorry, you wouldn't even be talking like that. That controller knew everything about that helicopter. And when you say VMC, you know what, here's the thing. We don't know the conditions they were flying under. If they were flying through a VFR corridor, they wouldn't even be talking to the tower. But they were talking to the tower. So I'm just thinking that people are talking out of their ass until we know. That's what I think.
Speaker 10: Topper's on, Tom, if you want to chat at him.
Speaker 14: Nobody said that.
Speaker 7: They just looked at the wrong lights.
Speaker 3: Wait, wait, hold on, I got to take a break and then we'll come back with more. Well, all I'm saying is is I don't understand people saying they were at the wrong altitude. The tower knew exactly where they were, by the way. Denverregen dot com for weight loss, Denverregen dot com for hair regeneration and bones and points. That's what I really love their stem cell therapy Denver Region dot com. Go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance check up, free no obligation comparison call Compass insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the Real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Hi Tom Martino, your troubleshooter three O three seven one three talk three O three seven one three eight two five five. I want to go back to the phones and talk about your life, liberty in the pursuit of happiness. So let me take some calls here. Uh, I want to bring up for yeah, chopper, chopper, Yes, sir, So you flew helicopters for years and years and years and years and years. I've flown helicopters only about twelve years. But here's the bottom line. Listen, we both have thousands of hours, and I want to ask you this. Have you ever had a time when let's say, a certain altitude is on the chart that you have to stay below and the controller tells you to maintain a higher altitude.
Speaker 15: Oh, that happens all the time, Tom.
Speaker 3: Yeah, So altitudes are on a chart as general guidelines, and even in a VFR corridor, if the controller, if you contact, if the controller called that helicopter and said so and so is on final did you hear that helicopter pilots say traffic in sight.
Speaker 16: I didn't hear it, but I read a transcript that one of the national media has put on it, and it did.
Speaker 15: It wasn't in sight, but it was like, got it?
Speaker 16: I think, Okay, Tom, Honestly, I think he had the other plane that was ascending and turning.
Speaker 15: I don't think he had the uh one that was landing.
Speaker 3: He had the wrong traffic. He had the wrong traffic in sight.
Speaker 15: That's correct, That's what I think.
Speaker 3: And then, because how many times have you been told to fly above or below, or behind or to the left or to the right of traffic at the same exact altitude.
Speaker 15: Too many times to count.
Speaker 3: That's exactly right. So if there wasn't a sign cor or at two hundred feet and that helicopter was talking to the tower, wouldn't that helicopter have said descend at a below two hundred.
Speaker 15: You mean the controller?
Speaker 3: Of course, the controller was talking to the helicopter. The controller knew exactly what altitude the helicopter was at exactly.
Speaker 16: You also have to remember that the controllers probably know what the millery military does and you know, find the city's birds. They knew what we were doing, so they give you a little more lead weight, and that's probably what the controller was doing.
Speaker 3: So I don't understand any of this information that I don't know. I don't I don't understand any of the information that they're saying as far as uh, they didn't have the right they didn't have the right altitude. I just don't understand it, do you.
Speaker 16: I don't either, Uh, Tom, And you're a little bit newer with the newer equipment.
Speaker 2: So you guys think a black hawk is going to have it needs the same kind of equipment a Blackhawk. Let's remember what we're talking about here, as in stuff you guys flown like. In other words, any tower is going to know whatever a Blackhawk's doing at any time.
Speaker 3: Oh. Absolutely, every single military helicopter in the world has ADSB Absolutely positively, there is no two ways about it. They knew exactly where that helicopter was and how high it was.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that make it easy to shoot down.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's well, that's life and that's what whether you like it or not. Mark, I will bet you any amount of money you want. Can they turn helicopter how to ideas? Can they turn it off? Yeah? You actually, yeah, you actually can turn it off. Now, Mark, I'm not talking about around the world as far as in war. I'm talking about in the United States as far as air travel. I mean, I don't know what happens in war. I mean, I imagine they have all kinds of stuff to keep them cloaked.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 3: I have no idea they used.
Speaker 16: They use those birds to transport VIPs around the DC area, so they probably have everything.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well it wouldn't matter. I mean, the point is is there is no altitude that was wrong. What was wrong is that the helicopter pilot did not see an avoid It's it's very simple. Why. I don't know. I don't know. Maybe what Chopper said they had the wrong traffic in sight, or how Belt's saying.
Speaker 2: How about the fact generally there's two controllers, one for helicopters and one for airplanes, and at this point there.
Speaker 3: Was really one. Okay, okay, and I want to talk about that. That's really not true, okay now, and Chopper will tell you this. There is no such thing as an assigned controller for helicopters by law. What there is is a local need. So if Washington has a plethora of helicopters, they may have a local operation. I don't know, but I'm saying that in general around the country there are I would say less than a handful, if any of special helicopter handlers. Helicopter handlers in a tower would be a totally local decision. It is not a legal thing, It is not an FAA thing. It's nothing. Now, chopper right, I mean, have you ever heard of an assigned controller for helicopters.
Speaker 11: Well, let's put it this way.
Speaker 16: I've been on different frequencies and it's the same voice on different channels. So it's not unusual, Oh okay to handle a couple frequencies.
Speaker 3: And and and it's not yeah, and it's not a helicopter controller. It's a controller talking to a helicopter. Now, what Mark said is probably true, maybe in Washington, because everyone is saying it everyone and they can't all be wrong. Everyone is saying that Washington, DC has a slot for a helicopter controller, and it was it was not Philly with helicopters. You're right, and and I mean I'm not call I'm not saying they're wrong. They're probably right. I mean, I just know that it's not something I've ever heard of before. And I looked it up and it said it's usually done by need, So I think what we're looking at is need. Like they they assume that it's needed. So they do it, but there there is no normal staffing of what's called a helicopter. Uh yeah, so uh a helicopter what you might call it, uh, helicopter controller that I know of? Three or three seven one three talks seven one three eight two five five. We got to take a quick break, listen. I also want to tell you, uh, we got all kinds of things. I will take your calls on. I promise you it is car day, so just stay around. Renew Home Innovations the best shower conversions, pure porcelain sheets that look so rich and beautiful. They do it in two or three days. You have seventy two months to pay with no interest. That is renew Home Innovations dot com three oh three nine zero four two thousand. Go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content than time for an insurance check up free no obligation comparison call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate man dot com to list your home with remax as three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Hi, I'm Tom Martine. I want to correct something. Military aircraft and helicopters do have an option to take to turn off adsb out. That is basically adsb out is nothing more than a tattletale. It tells everyone where you are, how high you are, your end number, everything, okay, and all aircraft had to have it by twenty twenty. It was a mandate. A military helicopters had it before that. A military aircraft, however, they are exempt for certain things, obviously national security and special tactical missions. They turn that off because they don't want the enemy to know where they are. And then there are also special.
Speaker 2: Ops. Okay, So I.
Speaker 3: Don't know if that helicopter was on a special op. It's quite possible it was. I have no idea. And if it was on a special op of some kind where it did not want anyone to know where it was, then, But if they were on a special opp my question is, why would they be talking to the tower, So I mean and and you know, and then on the tower. I don't know. I don't know about military operations at a towered airport. I mean, why would they even be talking to them if they're on a special mission. So that's all going to come out in the future. I'm not saying I know all. I just know that that they were talking to them, and it seems weird to me that they didn't ask for acknowledgment. Do you see the traffic? I mean, anyway, let's go to the Terry. What's going on with you?
Speaker 2: Terry?
Speaker 17: Just a quick point back to what you were saying earlier about DEEI. I'm a registered independence. Yes, I'm not planted one way. I agree with Monk. When Trump spoke, it wasn't about attacking minorities or little people. He was making it clearer how bad DEEI is the way I received it, And I think that with what I'm in medical, So whether it's medical, aviation, whatever, I think you want the best people. I don't care whether you're going trans, black, white, We just.
Speaker 4: Want the best.
Speaker 17: I think that's the point that people he was trying to make, and that's the way I received it from Trump. Trump just does thank you, very blunt, and that's my point.
Speaker 3: And and you're right, he is very blunt and and I think that's what Mark meant as well. I don't think it was meant as a slam. I just thought it was weird. And again we have a difference of opinion on that one, but I agree. I don't think he was trying to slam people. It just came off a little unbalanced in my opinion. Lee, what is your comment?
Speaker 16: Go ahead, Lee, Honey, Tom, Yeah, you nailed it.
Speaker 18: Uh, you're a pilot.
Speaker 12: I'm a pilot.
Speaker 19: For many years there was at least four There was at least two pilots in command that were at ON that see and avoid, and both in the airliner was on a visual cleared for a visual the helicopter pilot and make it see and avoid.
Speaker 11: It's simple.
Speaker 19: You don't ever rely on ATC for anything except for just big the big picture.
Speaker 3: I just don't know what happened. I really don't. It's really puzzling to me. And again I'm not trying to try to make believe.
Speaker 2: I know everything.
Speaker 3: I mean, there's so much unknown out there. But thank you. Three O three seven one three eight two five five. Hey, today is car Day, and believe it or not, we do have our experts available. We have Kevin Coulkin and Jeff Sick and do we have jfr cars Is Rodney there?
Speaker 10: Oh yeah?
Speaker 7: Yes?
Speaker 3: And Bob and also Bob Perry. Bob talking about leasing. As I said, for the first time in my life, I'm actually, I think a good candidate for leasing. So we'll talk about all that and more anything you want coming up on The Troubleshooter Show three O three seven one three talks seven one three eight two five five. Go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Leave time for an insurance check up free, no obligation in comparison call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven seven one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 1: Rit need advis You.
Speaker 14: Don't have.
Speaker 2: Run as fast as we can.
Speaker 1: No shoot is gonna help. Come man, This is.
Speaker 2: The Troubleshooter Show.
Speaker 3: No Tom Martinez, Hi, Tom Martino here, Welcome to the show. Three zero three, seven to one to three talk seven one three eight two five five. Let me bring in the clowns. Ah, I'm just kidding. They're good people. They're almost as smart as I am. I swear to god they are. We got a room full of experts. Kevin Colkin shared an ultrotect Jeff Fick Kimera transmission. We have Rod Greer from JFR Cars, Bob Perry, the leasing guy over at JEFFR Cars. We have people on the phone. I'm going to get to so I'm gonna take people been waiting, and then we'll go to our car questions and all of that. And I do want to delve into leasing a little. I've always felt, I don't know that it was a bad thing. And the more I looked into it and all the capital I've tied up over the years, I can see why a lot of people go for leasing. Again, it's not for everyone. And I think the weakness of leasing has nothing to do with leasing. The weakness of leasing has to do and Bob really quickly, if you want to chime in. I think the bad name that leasing gets is for two main reasons. In my opinion, it's an excuse by the guy selling the car or you know, leasing the car, to stack the invoice because the payments are a little artificially low, so they pack it and then the other one is stealing the.
Speaker 2: Equity of a trade. Would you agree?
Speaker 3: And the lease itself, when done properly, is pretty damn good. What do you think?
Speaker 20: Yeah, No, they can't really stack the price because probably twenty five years ago they came out with the it's called a regam lease contract, so they have to disclose cap costs, they have to show your equity, so there's no secrets anymore.
Speaker 3: Okay, so you're saying that doesn't happen at all anymore. I mean it shouldn't.
Speaker 2: No, shouldn't.
Speaker 20: Well, the nice thing about Melsing is that someone else is taking the risk on the future value of that car.
Speaker 3: And I've always said, if.
Speaker 20: Someone else is willing to do that, let them, because predicting the future on a car is hard to do, and in today's world even harder.
Speaker 3: So the lessie Mark and I. Mark and I have always done the same thing. We've paid cash and then gotten rid of it before it goes to dirt. But Mark, would you even rethink that.
Speaker 2: I can't. Man, I listen, I put forty two thousand miles on my Tesla in eighteen months. What the hell kind of lise am I going to get?
Speaker 3: I mean, they would do wrong. I didn't know you still drove a lot, that's right. Now, He's right, he does drive a lot. But that's what depreciates the car the most is the miles. Yeah, so you do have to be able to control or predict your mileage before you do a lease, sure, because to get that future.
Speaker 20: Value, you need to know how many miles are going to be on it in three years or four years, whenever the lease is up right, that's right, So they need to know how much.
Speaker 3: Let's talk to Jay. I'm sorry, Bob, I'm sorry. That's okay. Now, now we're going to go to Jay, who has a there's a follow up, Mark, did you take this call from Jay?
Speaker 2: I did, but I don't remember how far we got on it.
Speaker 10: Mark, just so you know, you want to Dan mackenzie on for the call. Who can't come on until Monday?
Speaker 8: Oh?
Speaker 10: Yeah, we need It's an interesting call though.
Speaker 3: Okay, So some of the siblings are One of the siblings is the executor of the estate, the house was sold, and the house was sold for five hundred grand more than the estate. I don't get with this.
Speaker 2: Here's the bottom line. So his sister, Okay, his sister was in control when the when the mother passed away, she apparently sold the house. She was in charge of the estate. She sold the house, liquidated it, and then split the money up. The contention of the caller is she sold it to their other sister for half a million to seven hundred thousand dollars below market. Then he got his share based on that very reduced amount. Then the other sister sold the house for one point three million, and her and the other sister pocketed the difference. Oh my god, Ah, and it all happened. It all happened not that long ago. So what I wanted to know from Dan mackenzie, You know, can they go back look into this? I mean, what does he do at this point? If all this is correct, there's a big problem.
Speaker 18: Now.
Speaker 3: My my hunch, Mark is that if they let themselves be taken advantage of, unless they were lied to, I don't know. Let's talk to Jay, Jay, Jay, Harry R.
Speaker 12: Tom. I think I'm mar hey.
Speaker 3: Jay, And now did Mark summarize that accurately pretty close.
Speaker 18: Here's what happened. I got contacted by one of my brothers because we have no control over anything one sister does and she's always infos with another sister, so four kind of left out of everything, and we have no legal standing. My mom left everything to my other sister's discretion. So here's what happened. He's very very suspicious. So am I now really suspicious?
Speaker 12: My mom dies.
Speaker 18: Ultimately, the house sells for six nineties and then like ninety days later it sells for but it was.
Speaker 3: Sold to wait, wait, but it was sold to a sibling, right, it was sold to a.
Speaker 18: Sibling nefariously to one of their friends to wash it and then they all get a real price.
Speaker 3: Okay, so hold on, let me just get this straight. Jay Jay, Okay, Jay, I need to ask some questions because I'm understanding this wrongly. Then it was described, then you can do your story. Mom died, sister was the executor. The sister sold it to a friend, not to a sister.
Speaker 18: It is believed, and nobody knows who it was originally sold out of the escape to. My brother does not want to get involved. He's peeved beyond belief.
Speaker 3: Jay, you didn't answer my question yet, and I'm sorry, but I need the answer. The house was sold to who, That's.
Speaker 18: What we're trying to find out. We are positive it was the farious We can't find out. But my one sister is a very unscrupulous person, seem to have everything on earth to do with the house.
Speaker 3: And he but you don't know who. You don't know who it was sold to. So you don't know it sold to a sister. Okay, got it? And you thought and you think it's it's like you think whoever it was sold to, there was an inside deal.
Speaker 18: Yes, And I think he's right, that's what he thinks. And after looking it over, I think he's right.
Speaker 3: Okay, got it. And then that then that insider that bought it sold it.
Speaker 18: Yeah. I think there was a little a little git together among people and everyone said, hey, there's a chance.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's a lot of money, right, So that then the insider sold it.
Speaker 4: Yep.
Speaker 3: Wow wow, So that's pretty dirty. And how much did the house sell for the second time?
Speaker 18: About forty percent more sold for a million one seventy five shifts under, or just around ninety days, right.
Speaker 3: One million point seventy five. Oh my gosh, yeah, a huge, huge wow. Well, so what happened was, well, one point seventy five is way more than double of six nineteen.
Speaker 18: Six ninety six.
Speaker 15: A couple months.
Speaker 13: Well, way over a million, way over a million.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, So now where are you in your search? That should be public information to you, guys, where the house was sold?
Speaker 18: I've been on Colorado, Dot Cove and everything else on Earth.
Speaker 12: I spent luck.
Speaker 3: No, no, why doesn't the sister hold on? If you're an air? Are you an Air?
Speaker 2: Are you an Air? Then you have a legal right to see the probate.
Speaker 18: There is no probate. It was all in a irrevocable trust.
Speaker 12: No probate.
Speaker 21: She simply got it over.
Speaker 13: That was my mother.
Speaker 3: Okay, so she was actually not the executive. She was the trustee, a trustee, yes for its matter? Okay, okay, okay, got it?
Speaker 18: Wow, share money any information with us? Peon brothers and.
Speaker 3: That's really too bad.
Speaker 18: Yeah I am the black sheep.
Speaker 3: That's really too bad.
Speaker 18: And I'm my apples are way up, Thomas smell.
Speaker 3: Yeah, this is too bad. So here's what we have to do. We have to talk to McKenzie. I think that's true, and see what he says. You know, it might very well be with an irrevocable trust and her being in charge. I'm not sure what rights anybody has, but let's try to get McKenzie on and I think we can do that on Monday. Okay, thank you. I'm sorry about this, man. I don't blame you it it sounds pretty damn dirty. Mike your turn. What's going on?
Speaker 2: Mike?
Speaker 3: Welcome to the show. I'm Tom Martino. We lost Mike. Okay, Mike. Then I have a question. We were talking about leasing. Rob excuse me, Bob Parry, Bob. We I had a text and by the way, those who want to text me can text me at seven four seven nine eighty. You can also text me at the iHeart short code five seven seven thirty nine. The question I have is about hold on, dog on it. I just had it about leasing. Oh what what do you find is the most common term for a lease?
Speaker 20: I mean, manufacturers or special programs are usually thirty six months, sometimes thirty nine forty two, but probably thirty six would be the most common.
Speaker 2: With what kind of mile? Okay, what do you recommend?
Speaker 3: So well? The stand, But do you recommend well, So that depends on the program.
Speaker 20: Sometimes the payment will be higher on a longer term because they try and get people out of cars in three years where they still have some value. So as standard lease is two years, even better, not necessarily because the biggest part of a lease payment is depreciation, and a card depreciates the most as soon as you drive it off the lot, So if you average it out over three years, the payment is pretty reasonable.
Speaker 21: Reason.
Speaker 3: Okay, got that? So three years and what's the most average miles?
Speaker 20: So standard lease is fifteen thousand miles a year. They do twelve thousand, ten thousand, seventy five hundred, five thousand, and then anything over fifteen thousand you just adjust for and you can do it depending on the lender. Sometimes you can do thirty thousand miles a year, forty miles a year a year.
Speaker 3: Okay, We got more coming up on the Troubleshooter Show three oh three seven one three talks seven one three two five five eight eight eight heating dot com high efficiency units that are cheaper than any and I mean less expensive than any, he says, put us to the test. We will beat anyone's price at eightaight eight heating dot com. Truly, we'll do the deep clean for forty five bucks. But if you have one fifteen or twenty years or older, we can save you forty to fifty percent a month in heating bills eight eight eight Heating dot Com three oh three seven seven zero two seven seven six. Go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance check up free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. I'm Tom Martino. You're a troubleshooter, blessed and happy to be alive. We're here to help you solve your problems, answer your questions, take your complaints, make your life a little easier. And anyway I want to know, Mark, will you ever consider leasing a car? I was many miles right.
Speaker 2: I would not I mean, if I to the miles, yeah, I just can't imagine it. I just end up paying too much. I mean, and if you really did, what if you what if you what.
Speaker 3: If your life changed?
Speaker 22: Well?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean if the mileage fit. I trade cars in often enough, it would probably be a great deal. But Bob, if I wanted if I came to you and said, hey, I want to lease, say I don't know whatever, blah blah blah, and I want to have I have thirty thousand miles a year on it, and I want a three year deal. That means I'm turning it in at ninety thousand. What the hell am I going to say? From just paying cash for it or payments?
Speaker 3: Well, I mean then, well anything, I will say this, anything's possible. But you'll pay for it, right, Bob.
Speaker 20: Well, you pay for it no matter what miles depreciated car.
Speaker 2: Sure.
Speaker 20: The nice thing about a lease is if you did write ninety thousand miles in it and it's not worth the residual value, you can give it back. If it's held its value, you have the option to purchase it and trade it and do whatever you want. So you have the upside potential without the downside risk allway.
Speaker 2: I guess what I'm asking though, is could it put the lease payment it over what a normal financing payment would be. But at the lease, at the end of it, I got to turn it in. I have nothing to show for it. But at the end of there, if the payments are actually lower than what the lease payments are, I've got some residual that I can turn around and sell.
Speaker 20: But when you buy it, you make higher payments than you do on a lease. At lease made lower payments.
Speaker 2: Even with a ninety thousand mile dear. Okay, yes, okay, yeah, yeah. So there's no magic to buying or releasing a car.
Speaker 20: If you look out the window and pick out any car, that car doesn't know if you paid cash, finance it, or lease it. If you owe more on it than it's worth, it's because you put less of your own money into it. If you owe less on it than it's worth, it's because you put more of your own money into it. If you want five thousand dollars equity in your car, just write a check for five thousand dollars at your money.
Speaker 3: It's not magic, now, I think that is well put. And you're telling me and Bob, I think you're telling me it's impossible to get screwed on a lease. Come on, man, they can pack that you're saying. I'm reading examples where you pay more for the acquisition cost than you could somewhere else. So there is a I mean, obviously you want to go to somewhere that's going to give you the best acquisition.
Speaker 20: Cost, right, Well, sure, I mean you know, I'm gonna say it's up to whoever you're dealing with and whether you read the paperwork. Because the cap cost is your sale price. It should be the same whether you buy it or lease it.
Speaker 3: Okay, So let's talk about that the cap costs, meaning the the the acquisition cost.
Speaker 20: Well, so the cap, what do you look is the sale price. Leases have an acquisition fee, and then that would be your cap cost.
Speaker 3: Any down payment, any rebates or whatever would be the adjusted cap.
Speaker 20: So if you've got to rebate when you bought the car, and you got to rebate when you lease the car, the adjusted cap and your sale price should be the same.
Speaker 3: I mean, not all.
Speaker 20: I mean, if you don't read your paperwork, which a lot of people don't, you may not know that.
Speaker 3: Okay. So then again I want to make this across. They can go to you, or they can go somewhere else. They're not always going to get the same deal, though, I want to be straight on that.
Speaker 20: And when you say the same deal, you're talking about just the price of the vehicle or I'm not sure what.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm talking about everything, their payment, the price, everything, I mean, are mileage they can't screw with. You're saying, is that right?
Speaker 20: Well, I mean we would ask you how many miles per year you're going to drive, because I tell people assume you're going to Lisa Car and turn it in at the end. So you don't want to do a five thousand mile of year lease when you drive fifteen.
Speaker 3: That doesn't benefit you.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 3: So again what we're saying is there are ways I'm trying. What I'm trying to get across is this, and maybe I'm not doing it right. I can't believe that if I go to Lisa Car, everywhere I go is going to be exactly the same exact acquisition, exact cap costs, exact interest, exact payment, exact everything. Is that what you're saying?
Speaker 2: Well, a lot of times, so, Bob, I mean, I I just need to know that Likendi Hondi might have a special lease program. If you go through Hondi Motors a special lease thing, you wouldn't be able to do that. I'm talking about like people like so you can do the same thing as the manufacturer's stuff.
Speaker 20: So what we do is try and put you in the best vehicle at the best terms. The lowest lease payment isn't necessarily the best lease because it may have a higher residual, it may have a higher money factor to get.
Speaker 3: You that lowest payment.
Speaker 4: Got it.
Speaker 20: But you know, we do the math and show you the difference between them, and it's not always the manufacturer that has the best lease. And we can do that one, or we can do an independent like a credit union or a bank that may have a better program than the manufacturer.
Speaker 3: Okay, okay. So basically it's what we're talking about is somebody who's going to be honest. Somebody is going to be straightforward and tell you the numbers and have you seen where a purchase.
Speaker 20: Go ahead, sir, No, I'm just going to say in you know, in a dealership, their biggest profit center is their finance office. So once you've been out on the showroom for hour, many hours and made your deal. Then you go to finance, and that's where they make all their money, and so they can mark up the money factor, which is equivalent of interest, because that's how that guy gets paid. So they won't all necessarily be the same from dealer to dealer.
Speaker 3: Okay, So have you have you ever seen where cars are ever better purchased, better deal than leasing? Or do you think leasing if you can stay within the mileage I'm saying now, do you and you stay within the term, no early terminations, do you feel that it is better?
Speaker 20: I always I do, and I always have because of the fact leases have an end, they have an out, so it worst cases, you keep us at the end of the lease and turn it back in. As I said before, you know, the lenders are predicting the future value of a car. Who knows what that is, especially now electric hybrids, plug in hybrids, hydrogen. I mean, who knows what's gonna it's gonna look like in three years from now. So let somebody else take that gamble on the future value. If they're right, then then you can buy that car. If they're wrong, then you give it back to them and let them take the loss.
Speaker 3: Okay, I like what you're saying anyway, three oh three seven one three talks three oh three seven one three eight two five five. Now I have calculated my mile ageuice, and I put an average for this actual car, and I've not scrimped or nothing. Eight hundred eighty six miles a month, which comes out to ten thousand, six hundred miles a year. So well, what do I do with that? If I want a lease? Do I go up to twelve thousand? Can I go to eleven thousand? Or do I go back to ten thousand and try to curb it a little? What would you do?
Speaker 8: So?
Speaker 3: You know, as I mentioned, the fifteen is standard.
Speaker 20: They do twelve ten seventy five hundred, five thousand mile of your leases, So I would say to go to the next highest one to give you a cushion. You don't ever want your lease to dictate whether you go get milk or not. You know, you don't want to have a lease scene yeah, or twelve because you said.
Speaker 3: You do how many a month? Eight eighty six? So I mean twelve thousand would work.
Speaker 20: But I think you want err on the high side, you unless the payment is that critical, But then then you're going to pay at the end. So you know, if you turn it in with more miles, they're going to charge you so many cents per mile that you were over.
Speaker 3: What does it always turn out to be upfront with the mileage or to pay the penalty? Well, I mean, so you know I'm always upfront.
Speaker 20: The day you sign the lease, you know how many miles you're allowed in the contract, You'll tell you how much your excess miles are, So there's no surprises.
Speaker 3: Now if I trade in my car, and I don't even want to talk about trades. Mark was talking about how his how the new car went down as soon as he bought his. I can't believe the depreciation of my car. I can't believe it. I just don't only want to talk about it makes me sick. But that equity would be applied to the cap costs and reduce the monthly payment. Or is it better to sell it and just keep the money. What is it?
Speaker 20: What's it better to do? I mean, you know, that's a personal choice. So if you put money down on a lease, it cuts into the depreciation on that car. It doesn't change the end value or anything else. So if you don't mind what the payment is. Keep the equity if you're concerned about the payment of eyes, or use a tor it. But it doesn't change the end value at all because the lender is still again no of course future value, so that won't change it.
Speaker 2: Of course you do it.
Speaker 3: But it will lower the payment, It will lower the pins. Yes, absolutely all right. One clear Choice garage Doors. That's the place to keep your car behind. A great garage door that has battery backup Wi Fi, time to close, features, all kinds of great features from one clear Choice doores. They will give you a price on their website. You'll never have a mystery with them. Twenty four to seven service. That's one clear Choice Doors dot Com. Simply the best seven to zero, three seven zero, thirty nine eighty seven. Go with a sure thing Denver's Best roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance check up free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three all three, seven, seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Hight Tom Martine here three oh three seven one three talks seven one three eight two five five.
Speaker 2: All right, let's.
Speaker 3: Uh go to the funds. We've been talking about leasing and I think it's I think it's so enlightening. But anyway, Brenda wants to talk about a contractor go ahead, Brenda. What's going on with you?
Speaker 23: Well? Tom, I I came to Colorado because of cancer reasons, and so I came here for treatment. I bought a house here. I still have interest back in the stake?
Speaker 24: Am I?
Speaker 15: Am?
Speaker 23: I on the radio?
Speaker 2: Or no, yes you are?
Speaker 3: Yeah? So you bought a house in the Denver area. Did you buy a house in the Denver area in Parker? And where are you getting your treatment? In?
Speaker 23: Either Loan Tree or Highland's Ranch, depending on which one. I mean, it's through you the age.
Speaker 3: Okay, So what's going on?
Speaker 17: Well?
Speaker 23: I have had hail damage on May the tenth of twenty twenty three, and the people have just that I've hired, which were recommended by another person in the neighborhood, have just dragged your feet and drag your feet and dragged their feet and done.
Speaker 3: Now, hold on, you had hail damage, so you're saying, you're saying the roof, the roofers are dragging their feet.
Speaker 23: Okay, they did. There was more damage than just the roof. There was the roof, and then there was there's some windows, there's there's they're gonna have to repaint some stuff, garage doors, a lot of this stuff. So far, they've done the roof and there's just been.
Speaker 3: Who is the company? Who is the company?
Speaker 23: Do I have to say that online right on air right now?
Speaker 22: Well?
Speaker 3: No, but we like to know because if it's a common problem, I'd like to let people know. I mean, you're not going to get in trouble for telling the truth. Listen, if this happened in May, when did you contract? When did you contract with them?
Speaker 23: What happened in May of twenty twenty three?
Speaker 2: Tom?
Speaker 3: But when did you contract with this company that fall?
Speaker 23: That's fall? Shortly just a few months afterwards, I think. Okay, I can't remember, it's July. It was not too long after the hail damage, okay, And so far we got replaced and the roofers damage some aliding year and nobody's come back to fix that. I was not told the correct time that the roofers were going to be here, so they were here, pounding, pounding, pounting.
Speaker 3: Well, who recommended who recommended the roofers to you?
Speaker 23: It's just one of the neighbors in the neighborhood. And I wouldn't want to give their name because I wouldn't want I haven't asked their permission to do that, so if they gave their permission, it'd be great. But just one of the neighbors.
Speaker 3: I don't care about that. I just meant it is this someone you know and trust?
Speaker 23: Yes, it is somebody I know and trust.
Speaker 3: Okay, now here's what's really important. Here's what's really important. You paid for the roof and got the roof. Did you pay a head for anything? You have not gotten?
Speaker 23: The thing of it is, Tom, I have paid. I'm not sure how many thousand dollars. I had a fairly high deductible twenty one thousand dollars. I've paid that, and an insurance company suit some money that the contractor has and then they recently.
Speaker 3: Here's what I need to know. This is too complicated. I need to know the total amount of money that was paid to the contractor, not to you. I need the total amount of money the contractor.
Speaker 23: Was paid totally, and I'm trying to get that from the insurance company right now. I'm in the process of working on that. So should we Should I get get back with you when I get that?
Speaker 14: No?
Speaker 3: No, that yeah? Probably who's your insurance company?
Speaker 23: American National?
Speaker 2: Okay, terrible company?
Speaker 3: So oh wait, wait American I'm sorry, I'm sorry, it's not I was thinking American Family, but you're saying American National, American.
Speaker 23: National, and they're I think they're pulling out of Colorado as of next month, because.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but they're not terrible. Yeah, They're not terrible. So listen, what I want to know is this, does the roofing company openly communicate with you?
Speaker 23: They have not been openly communicating with me. And there we are scheduled to have a meeting Tuesday afternoon or two's your wid you.
Speaker 3: Let me explain something. Let me explain what you're in danger of, Okay, losing all of your rights to go after that? Okay, did this roofing company say, did this roofing company say they would take care of all of the damage.
Speaker 23: They we're supposed to be taking care of all the damages. Yes, that was my understanding.
Speaker 3: Okay, do you have a Do you have a written contract?
Speaker 14: I do.
Speaker 23: I'm going to have to dig it out, but yes, I do. You need to send it to us, Okay, and it's probably going to be next week before I can get it sent to you.
Speaker 3: Just because I have Do you know how much money? Do you know how much money you paid the contractor not the insurance, but you directly.
Speaker 23: I was twenty some thousand dollars that I paid. It was my deductible. I think.
Speaker 3: You said twenty seven right, it's probably ACV, which is.
Speaker 23: Something twenty something. I don't know exactly tall.
Speaker 3: Okay, so you paid. Okay, but this is good because I'm letting you. I'm letting I am letting you know what you need to get. So I need to know the contract and I have a copy, and I want to know how much you paid them so far, and then how much your insurance company paid.
Speaker 14: Okay, Okay, she.
Speaker 23: Need to copy the contract, how much I paid, how much the interest is paid, and what else did you say? I'm sorry, I want the.
Speaker 3: Name of the roofer and you can do all of that is, I want the name of the roofer right now, off the air with Kachina. Since you don't feel comfortable, I want to find out if they're on a trouble list or not. So hang on. I'm Tom Martino. Three oh three seven one three talks seven one three eight two five five waterpros dot net. You don't do any better, no better, I promise you. If you're looking for a water system to get rid of forever chemicals and reverse you want to get a reverse osmosis, You'll never get one for a lower price. And if you want a whole house system, you'll never get a better system ever for the price I'm telling you. Think of your health, think of your family. Three oh three eight six two five five five four waterpros dot net. Go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer Excel roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until your content Time for an insurance check up, free no obligation comparison call Compass insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three all three seven to seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three all three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Hi Tom Martino. You're a troubleshooter, did we?
Speaker 6: Uh?
Speaker 3: So we got the name of the contractor. She's getting us that information. Yeah, we're going to try to help her.
Speaker 25: We have the name of the contractor and the name of the company. I tried to call over there and unfortunately the voice mailbox is full.
Speaker 3: Hmm. I wonder what that's going to mean. Well, let's talk to the Uh just put this.
Speaker 9: On hold until Wednesday, after she has a meeting, so we can look at the contract and we can have definite information about what the contractors says to her.
Speaker 7: Does that sound reasonable?
Speaker 3: Well, yeah, but I want to see it the contract as soon as possible. I don't have to wait till Wednesday, but I get it. We can put it on hold right now. Three three seven one three talk seven one three eight two five five. Here's the deal. You got to take control. Don't let your insurance pay anyone until you know they should be paid. And if you have multiple damage like that, I say check with an insurance adjuster. It will never hurt you to do that, ever, and we recommend someone here Paragon Services. So also, I wouldn't pay any money up front period. If you can't do the work, people, then get out. And I'm not paying you upfront, not just to put my name on paper.
Speaker 2: Nope.
Speaker 3: If you show up, if materials are delivered, I'll pay as I go, but I'm not paying you money upfront. Now, somebody wants to know from JFR Cars Rodney, how does your consignment program work for selling a.
Speaker 5: Car our consignment program. What we do is take up front a four to ninety nine fee to handle the mark inning, to handle the inspection and also including it as a full professional detail in that price.
Speaker 3: Now do I leave the car there?
Speaker 5: We would love you too, but sometimes a lot of people don't want to just because of the value of the car. But we have a secured lot that we can actually put it in. It is outside, however, but it's just so easier. It's much easier to have your your car on on site, just because we got about fifty brokers there that would love to sell your vehicle.
Speaker 3: Okay, so the four ninety nine is the upfront fee, then how.
Speaker 4: Do you do it?
Speaker 5: And then once we do the get the marketing, we will charge or I like to just charge a flat thousand dollars or twelve hundred bucks to do the deal as opposed to uh nine percent a percentage, yeah, yeah, a percentage. So and then we handle everything we are.
Speaker 3: You saying I'm going to pay Are you saying I'm going to pay under two grand no matter what.
Speaker 5: All day long, all day long, and with job, all the marketing, and we have all the financing that anyone would need.
Speaker 3: That is wonderful, honest to god. Jfur cars. Of course, we also have Kevin Colkin with us in the house and Jeff Vic and I see paper plates. They're already eating my god. Anyway, we're going to talk to them and more coming up on the Troubleshooter Show. Stick around for more fun and games. Go with a sure thing Denver's Best roofer Excel roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Please time for an insurance check up free, no obligation comparison call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven to seven to one. Help you'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate man dot Com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 14: Yeah, time.
Speaker 1: Ripped news. You need that so you don't have come runnious as we can. Shooter's gonna help come.
Speaker 2: This is the Troubleshooter Show.
Speaker 3: No Tom Martinez, Hello Tom Martino here, Welcome to the show. We are live and in person, solving problems, answering questions, taking complaints. I just brought in the studio crowd for those streaming, and you'll see all those ugs up there, except for sues. She's excluded. When I say ugs, anyway, you got Uncle Kevin, You got cousin vic.
Speaker 2: Rod and Rob.
Speaker 3: Anyway, we and they're from Jfar Cars. By the way, Kevin is from shared An Auto Tech, Jeff from Kimmera Transmission. We're trying to solve every problem in the world when it comes to cars. We've been talking about leasing, and I love talking about leasing every now and then because it is truly, in my opinion, a wonderful option if you can live by the miles.
Speaker 12: Now.
Speaker 3: I've always been not a candidate because I drive too much, and I just wanted to be in full control. But now I'm only putting on about I don't know whatever I said per year, you said about yeah, not much, about no, no a month eight hundred and something. So I'm over ten thousand, just over ten thousand, and Rob says, maybe I'll go for a twelve thousand mile lease again. I want to know what you guys think. And then we talked about consignment, selling your car through them, where you pay a flat fee both up front to get it marketed and then a flat fee when it sells. Man, I don't see anything wrong with that. You don't have to worry about any of that. And I don't want to take phone calls and meet people and all that crap. That is the worst thing in the world. You know.
Speaker 2: I've sold a lot of cars in my time in.
Speaker 3: Aircraft, and it's dreadful trying to meet people and talk to them and answer questions and test drives. I think is always best to be left to experts. You can call or text me three oho three seven one three talk seven one three eight two five five, and here's where you can text me seven four seven, nine nine nine fifty two eighty. Now that's for any kind of text you want, including my investment advisory firm, which is Wave eight Financial Management. If you want to set up a call with me or free review or no obligation with my team, please text me at seven four seven nine nine nine fifty two eighty. Again, my pledge there, honest to God no fooling, is to give you our one hundred percent attention where my money is invested one hundred percent alongside yours. We are not selling products.
Speaker 2: We are helping you grow a neest egg.
Speaker 7: Now, hey, Tom, I have a question.
Speaker 2: Go ahead.
Speaker 9: If you sell a car person to person, how do you protect yourself. Let's say I'm buying a car from you and I want to thank you for a test drive.
Speaker 7: How do you prevent me from sealing the car?
Speaker 3: I've often wondered that, Mark, what have you done in the past when you sell Mark has sold cars individually more than anyone I know.
Speaker 2: Mark, What do you get a copy of their license before I even't meet him? Then I meet him at a bank somewhere, and if they want to go on a test drive, I go with them.
Speaker 7: Okay, so you do go with them on a test drive?
Speaker 24: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Absolutely, and Mark. Have you had people that want to get the car checked out?
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's fine. We can drive to wherever they want and they can have a checked out. But actually, I actually Tom, I haven't for a long time because the cars I'm selling are one under manufacturers bumper to bumpers, so it doesn't matter.
Speaker 3: Okay, I guess it could if it was abused or something, but I get it.
Speaker 2: Most of the time you have lower village. What I tell them to do is run the VN with a Honda or stop by a dealer before we even meet. They have the vin I say, you know, call up Hondy, call up one of the dealers and make sure the warranty is still intact. How many miles left? Blah blah blah.
Speaker 3: All right, now let's talk. We have Lloyd. Lloyd, welcome to the show. What's happening.
Speaker 21: Well, I've had problems with collecting money from a general contractor. And I'm the subcontractor. I've worked with me.
Speaker 3: Now, alright, so you were a subcontractor, right right?
Speaker 4: What did you do?
Speaker 21: And I'm an electrician, okay, places up stuff.
Speaker 3: Like that, and how much do they owe you?
Speaker 21: Fifty five thousand plus?
Speaker 3: And now how long you've been doing business with this and how long have you been doing business with the contractor?
Speaker 21: Like thirteen years?
Speaker 3: Okay, so then it's not like this guy just suddenly decided to rip you off. What is the name of the.
Speaker 14: Company US Steve Davis.
Speaker 3: Enterprises, And what does Steve Davis do?
Speaker 21: Well, he's the general. He gets to work and then you know, finds it up to get done, wrapped up with what's.
Speaker 2: The last project you did?
Speaker 3: You know? He said he'd been doing it for.
Speaker 21: Yeah, I shut down. When I finally sat down, I had like, uh nine or eleven going at that. I had to leave because he did what he pay I.
Speaker 2: Still have the same question, though, what's the last project you worked on under him?
Speaker 3: Where you got paid? Where you got paid no or didn't get paid?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 21: Well, well, like I said, Tom, they were like, uh, I know.
Speaker 3: Why he's asking when did you hold on? When? When was the last time you did work for him on any site? I know why Mark is asking.
Speaker 21: Go ahead, Okay, I'd say it was over a year ago.
Speaker 3: Yikes, Now Mark, tell them the problem there.
Speaker 2: Well, I was going to say, just lean the property, but you waited so long it's not even the properties. Okay, did you do everything? Did you do it right? Have you gone to court and got a judgment? So I take it since you've leaned the property, you now have a judgment in hand. Well, no, then you have gone way out of time. You might have done anything.
Speaker 3: So in other words, you're you're your leans are worth nothing right now?
Speaker 2: Yeah, you have to perfect those leans in sixty days I mean or sixty I'm sorry, No, I.
Speaker 14: Did do all that right.
Speaker 2: Well, then you have a judgment.
Speaker 14: Okay, I went, I went and got a lawyer's lawyers, and they didn't want to use my leans.
Speaker 21: They wanted to put in their breach or contract and I told him, no, I don't want.
Speaker 15: To do that.
Speaker 3: Lloyd, and Lloyd, here's what I want to ask you. Lloyd, Lloyd, let's cut this short so I can help you. I just need to know that. And it's a yes or no. Do you actually have any judgments?
Speaker 12: Well?
Speaker 21: I filed the leans, but that's as far as I've gotten.
Speaker 3: Okay, if you file the leans.
Speaker 14: Yeah and I got, doesn't matter.
Speaker 3: You find registered letters back, it doesn't It doesn't matter. If you file the lean, it dropped away and you lost your right to foreclose. Okay, so what we have to do is something alternate. It doesn't mean they don't owe you the money. You have six years to collect money. Okay, here's what I want to know. How much you said it was fifty eight thousands.
Speaker 21: Fifty five thousand plus another He said, well, you'll be another eighteen percent for the year added on to that.
Speaker 3: Okay, so about fifty eight thousand. Okay, All right, let's just say fifty thousand. Okay, Now now this does this contractor owe a lot of other subs.
Speaker 2: Field.
Speaker 21: We worked the one on Panato out in the Cherry Hills, and the painter held him like eighteen thousand, and then the painter ended up taking like half of that nine thousand. And that's the only one that I know.
Speaker 3: That so is Steve Davis? Is Steve Davis Enterprise is still doing new work?
Speaker 12: Yes? Yes?
Speaker 3: And right now, what kind of work does he normally do?
Speaker 21: He like goes in and works for customers and say, you know, you want your house renovated, so he'd like gut the houses and then start all new with new and stuff.
Speaker 3: But he is still actively doing work, right, yeah? Is there a reason he gave for not paying you? I'm not asking if you agree with the reason, but have there been reasons given?
Speaker 21: He just said he didn't get paid, and I told him, I'm not working for them, I'm working for you.
Speaker 7: Great.
Speaker 21: So what he did was with the lawyers that I had, he said, well, we're not going to talk it to the lawyers. Take take the leads off. Well, then they get it. I didn't want to do it. And then it turns out that he doesn't. He just stopped. He just pult four houses with the last probably eight months for one point four million each. And I haven't seen any money at all.
Speaker 3: So you said he fix ups houses, but now you're saying he does spec houses as well. Does he do fix and flips.
Speaker 14: Well for people? He doesn't really do up for himself.
Speaker 21: I know he did like houses that he had personally in his own name, but and and we get all that stuff in there for him, and and he just sold, like I say, four of them. But he just works on people's houses like he probably got right now.
Speaker 3: Does he have a website? Does he have a website?
Speaker 21: I will say so.
Speaker 3: Is the name of his company actually Steve Davis Enterprises. Yes, he's not coming up anywhere that I can see wait, I see a Colorado Services and as Steve Davis, But that's not it. I don't see anything, Mark, can you.
Speaker 24: I was looking.
Speaker 2: I didn't see much either. I did want to explain real quick to just people listening. When when you follow file LEAN on a property to give the ten days notice, that's number one. But the important part to that is you had to have worked there within sixty days or finished the job at that point, or delivered goods in some occasions. Then you have six months from that time to actually enforce the mechanics LEAN, which is basically literally serving them, taking them to court, winning the court case and getting the judgment. Now you have a perfected lian. Now, if you have the kind of money it takes to go fore clothes on the property, you could do that. But that lian will sit there as long as you renew it when you need to renew it as well. But you didn't do any of that except for the actual probably the notice.
Speaker 21: Yeah, well they had all I still have them in my folders of that where they signed the mail registered letter and it doesn't matter.
Speaker 3: Why do you keep saying that it doesn't matter that they signed it and they received it. It doesn't matter. It just tells that you file the lean. But if you just file a lien and don't do anything else, you're done.
Speaker 7: Okay.
Speaker 3: You know you keep saying that they sign for it. What does that mean?
Speaker 2: You have to literally sue them in court within six months of filing the lien in order to perfect the lien. If you don't, you don't have a lien.
Speaker 3: Okay, didn't your attorneys explain this to you when you hired? Didn't they explain it? No? They didn't, never, never, No one said, well, it's kind of late. That could be why they wanted to go with it.
Speaker 2: I think he nailed it, Tom, I think he was. When he finally went to an attorney, he already sent the lean paperwork in. They're like, you're already pasted all these deadline and said, we can't go this direction. We have to go a different direction, the breach of contract.
Speaker 7: Hey, can I ask a question?
Speaker 9: I thought, I if the homeowner has paid the general contractor in full, isn't that an affirmative defense against having a lean placed on the property.
Speaker 2: What does that have to do with it?
Speaker 7: Dial?
Speaker 3: Okay, No, No, Now that has nothing to do here. What doc is saying is under the lean laws in Colorado. If you have a primary residence and you contract with a contractor, and you can show you pay the contractor in full, it's a firmative offense, a defense against a lean. You have to be First, there has to be a written contract. Second, it must be your primary residence. Third, you must have paid it in full under those circumstances.
Speaker 2: But still none of that matters because the timeframe is come and gone, right, none of it matters.
Speaker 7: You're right, Mark, just asking general for future reference.
Speaker 2: You're absolutely right, Doc, that is an affirmative defense to a lean under the circumstances. Tom just spelled out.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we got more coming up on the Troubleshooter Show. Three O three seven one three A two five five Go with a sure thing Denver's Best Roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance check up, free no obligation comparison call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three, seven to seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 22: Do you know here?
Speaker 3: Three oh three seven one three talks seven one three eight two five five. So we've been having some interesting discussions and I want to get you guys in on it. So give us a call about anything car related. I do have some texts that are car related. Three oh three seven one three talks seven one three eight two five five. And I love this one because you know what, I've had this question for any of our car guys. They want to know what do you do?
Speaker 2: What do you do when it doesn't.
Speaker 3: Snow all the time, there's not snow on the ground, You put your snows on because you had heavy snow now as dry as everything. Do you keep the snows on and wear them out? What do you do? Do you ever go back and change them out?
Speaker 1: Like?
Speaker 3: What should they do? I often wonder about this. It's almost not worth having snow tires, guys. What do you think?
Speaker 6: Well, not as inconsistent as the weather spin here, but yeah, I mean typically you go by season, you don't go by snowstorms.
Speaker 4: So you put them on in November December, take them off in April.
Speaker 24: Yeah, I mean at the disadvantage too, is if you you know, if you're running like studded snows, you actually have a longer break distance. Now you don't have as good attraction on dry pavement.
Speaker 3: True, Okay, so you have them put on and you keep them on.
Speaker 2: Pizza's there.
Speaker 3: I mean it's not really practical to do that over and over. By the way, I didn't order pizza. But anyway, So what do you think, guys? Would you just get a good old weather and keep it that way? What would you do personally? Come on, tell me guys.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, I wouldn't put snows on here.
Speaker 2: It snow's on one of our vehicles every single year.
Speaker 6: You know, you lived out in the country like that, you get a lot of open exposed roads, a lot of ice, and a lot of different things, not just snow. So it just depends on your situation. If you're just cruising around Denver and you don't hit a lot of snow and ice, I don't worry about some tires.
Speaker 25: I will give a shout out to Mark right now for taking care of a Hyundai Santa Fe.
Speaker 2: Who sold you or Mark? Yeah, what do you mean by taking care of it?
Speaker 10: Oh my gosh, so.
Speaker 2: Is your bag it's marks?
Speaker 3: Did you sell her a Santa Fe?
Speaker 10: Yeah, like a year ago, Tom, Yes, And yeah, because you take.
Speaker 2: Excellent care of their car.
Speaker 25: Because of the snow storm yesterday when we were sliding all over the place.
Speaker 10: The tires that you told Adam to put on were perfect.
Speaker 2: Okay, so.
Speaker 10: The place, I mean, it's very rare. But I'm giving you a compliment.
Speaker 2: Wait wait, you said you were sliding all over the place yesterday.
Speaker 10: In our in our neighborhood.
Speaker 25: But once we got out of the note because it was really snowlling, really bad yes esterday morning.
Speaker 2: Boy, I tell you, Kelly, your your ability to give a compliment, yeah, is something. I appreciate that we did takeing good care of that exactly. But I think like every Santa Fe I've sold in the past ten years, that thing was under a bumper to bumper warranty when I sold it to and you even.
Speaker 25: Told Adam when he needed to get service on a certain thing so the warranty wouldn't expire.
Speaker 10: So appreciate that. So I'm giving you a compliment, and I.
Speaker 2: Love every second of it. I just wanted to verify a work compliment.
Speaker 3: All right, three oh three seven one three talk seven one three eight two five five. People got very upset with me for talking about de EI, and they say it's too political. And I personally have not encountered DEI over my career. Obviously, I'm too old for that, I think. And I think there's nothing wrong with trying to have a diverse workforce and equity and inclusion, but you shouldn't force it if somebody's not capable. That one police or fire chief during the LA fires, did you remember what she said that she says when somebody comes to save me, people want to see someone that looks like them. Do you really do? Come on, No, When I want somebody to save me and I'm in trouble, I want a six foot eight, two hundred and forty pounds, strapping frickin' muscleman or some agile females who are strong. I mean, come on, do you think I care if there's a five foot nine, one hundred and fifty pound guy who looks a little Italian coming to save me? What the hell are they talking about?
Speaker 1: You know?
Speaker 3: I think we actually sow seeds of discontentment and different. I mean they play on the differences among us.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's called deliberates.
Speaker 3: You're right, they play on I mean everything is about how are you different? Not how are we all the same, but how are you different? I just hate it.
Speaker 7: And did you see what she.
Speaker 9: Said about if she has to carry somebody out of a burning building, it's his fault for being in that particular place.
Speaker 3: No, I never heard that.
Speaker 11: Come on.
Speaker 2: That that was said?
Speaker 3: Are you kidding me?
Speaker 7: It is his fault for being there somebody?
Speaker 3: Oh, because they should Yeah, if he should leave when they're told to leave.
Speaker 6: No, if he's too big and then a woman comes in, they cannot pick him up, it's his fault for being in the position he's in.
Speaker 3: Oh, bull crack said, find that sound but somebodys NBC.
Speaker 4: But said not by the chief, assistant chief or something. Okay, well it was.
Speaker 7: It was in the same SoundBite as the one you're talking about.
Speaker 12: Tom.
Speaker 3: Okay, I didn't know that. Man. We some of this stuff is hard to believe. Anyway. When it comes to cars, we've been talkings versus buying. We've been talking about snow tires, we've been talking about Now let's talk about maintenance. There is such.
Speaker 2: A weird.
Speaker 3: Philosophy on maintenance. You know, our dads used to say, every three thousand miles change the oil. No one does that anymore. Are there cars where you should? Are there cars where you shouldn't? And then what about this lifetime free maintenance? There's no I don't believe there's anything made that has a lifetime of free maintenance.
Speaker 24: Ever, we'll talk about that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's right. More coming right up. Go with a sure thing Denver's Best rufer Excel roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance check up free no obligation comparison call Compass Insurance. Pay too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Hi Tom Martino here, I want to talk to Anthony. We're gonna play a sound by soon, but I want to talk to Anthony right now. It is a question about emissions. Go ahead, Anthony, Hi, really quick question.
Speaker 11: Now, honestly don't know the answer. So I got a twenty fourteen Forward Focus had an emissions tests done last year. I had passed, which is unbelievable because the check enginel it was off and on and off and on happened to be off.
Speaker 22: When I had it.
Speaker 11: Tested, it was awesome. They wanted to retested this year.
Speaker 12: Is that an error?
Speaker 11: Do they want cars test tested annually for any reason? I thought it was like four years.
Speaker 3: We're supposed to be every pore. Well, how do you know they want it tested?
Speaker 11: It's a little card. Little card comes to the mail says emissions test has required a stupid little postcard.
Speaker 3: And sometimes why do you think he got that?
Speaker 24: If generally, unless I get flagged for something, it should be every two years.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's every two years for eighty two and newer.
Speaker 11: I wonder how it could have gotten flagged.
Speaker 8: Uh.
Speaker 11: Like I said, the check angelight was on last year, so it's unbelievable that it passed. I'm glad it did. Now the check engine is kind of on continuously. It's a backup car. It's not my main driver, but I do need to need the backup, so I want it as an error. I can go just try to do the plates and they won't notice.
Speaker 24: Or no, they'll definitely notice. You'll have to have it in the system. Even if you use the Kiosks and King Supers or something. They know they'll find it in the system that they're supposed to have an emissions it will not let you through. So I mean you may have passed by one of the roadside ones or something that caught you and smogged you.
Speaker 4: Yeah, try try a roadside you know.
Speaker 24: That might be the reason why he got it too, though, because they'll they'll flag a car just didn't pass.
Speaker 4: I got you.
Speaker 11: Yeah, I didn't know passed the roadside.
Speaker 6: Yeah you went past, you didn't pass it. It flagged went by the roadside.
Speaker 4: Well, let me ask you some.
Speaker 3: Are they hiring. Are they hiring any dwarfs at the emission center?
Speaker 24: Could be just to get under the truck for cash.
Speaker 3: I'm just listen, I don't mean listen. I don't mean to be an idiot. I'm just joking. I love people, and I'm just I'm just talking about that news.
Speaker 11: Conference and it's like a circus. No, I'm kidding.
Speaker 3: Uh, But in any case, so what I'm getting at. Is this.
Speaker 2: What I'm getting out? It's like a circus.
Speaker 3: You mean the emissions people.
Speaker 11: Well no, I just mean you were talking about about midgets and whatever, and uh, unarmed.
Speaker 2: Tom's making fun in midgets.
Speaker 3: You mean I wasn't making fun and I don't like that term.
Speaker 2: What I was doing.
Speaker 3: I was just making fun of something we talked about earlier. Yeah, about that, about that news conference where people were saying, you know, never mind, I don't want to get into it. And again, I'm seriously Anthony, as far as you being you needing a test if they say you do it, yeah, you do, right, guys. I mean, have you ever heard of those being sent out in error?
Speaker 6: I'd never But I mean you can go online and try to register it. If it takes it, it takes it. If it doesn't it, ask me. Now, that's what I would do. At least, just go on the online portal and see if it'll take it.
Speaker 3: That sounds good, sorry, three oh three seven to one three talk seven one three eight two five five. Here's the text tome I bought a car. Go ahead, I bought a car, and they said I never have to change the oil. Should I believe them. It's an Oh, never mind, it's a model. Why yeah, Oh man, guys, are you guys, what are you doing about evs? Are you guys morphing into some of some people being trained for that or are you just gonna relinquish that trade and you don't think it's going to be a big deal going forward for a while.
Speaker 4: What do you think we're starting.
Speaker 6: We're definitely taking classes on it, but you know, we're we're also not one hundred percent of what technology we're going to have in three to five years, so it's hard to jump in too deep right now.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Well, when it comes to like window regulators or tire breaks, they're all the same, right, Yeah, all those things are the same. Yep, starters, alternators, fuel pumps, but lubrication point have to be different, or the front ends all the same.
Speaker 6: Everything is slightly different, but it's just like from manufacture to manufacture they're different too. So yeah, it's just but the the geometry is the same.
Speaker 7: All right.
Speaker 2: Listen, you've got to listen to this, man, Just listen to this real quick. This is the fire chief.
Speaker 26: You want to see somebody the response to your house, your emergency, whether it's a medical call, or a fire call that looks like you. It gives that person a little bit more ease knowing that somebody might understand their situation better.
Speaker 3: Is she strong enough to do this?
Speaker 26: Or you couldn't carry my husband out of a fire, which my response is he got himself in the wrong place if I have to carry them out of a fire.
Speaker 2: That's literally from the audio she made. What I'm so shy?
Speaker 4: Is god?
Speaker 2: The first time you've heard this?
Speaker 3: No, I've heard of the one about somebody that looks like you.
Speaker 2: I didn't hear the part the DEI stuff is like so they went so overboard it's insane, like like who who here wakes up going I'm going to get myself into a fire today.
Speaker 9: But if you are, if you're unconscious because it's smoke inhalation, it's your fault for being unconscious due to the smoke.
Speaker 3: Could someone be that stupid to say that?
Speaker 2: Seriously? I'm sorry when we play that is that not her talking? Dragon? Who is is her talking?
Speaker 24: That is her?
Speaker 4: That's the assistant fire chief.
Speaker 3: Is that person still employed.
Speaker 4: Promotions?
Speaker 2: Oh it's California, of course she is. Well not if they want money, we'll see if she's employed.
Speaker 3: Now getting back getting back to that, the discussion on the crash, and I was waiting in on it as a helicopter pilot and also as a pilot. If you go to the airport where that was involved on the Potomac, there is the there is no two hundred foot corridor that I see. All that I see is from the surface to ten thousand feet there is to be no uncontrolled traffic. So in that space, no matter who you are, no matter what altitude you're at, you have to be under a controller, under a controller period. It's it's totally different. Mark, I'm sorry, but I'm not. If you Mark, I'm sorry. If you are in an airspace, whether you are military, whether you are military or not, you have to abide Mark. You have to abide by the airspace requirements unless otherwise cleared by a controller. What is hard to understand, I'm not talking about a black ops operation. I have nothing to do. I have no idea about that.
Speaker 2: I mean the fly dignitaries to and from the White House. They do not broadcast where they are when Putin's in the helicopter. That's what those guys were training for.
Speaker 3: Okay, if they were all I'm saying is this, there is a requirement that if you're from the surface to ten thousand feet in that area of the airport and all along the Potomac, that in that airspace you must be in control. You must be in contact with a controller. Now, if there are special ops for dignitaries flying in a helicopter, why would the tower even be talking to them during a special op? No idea, I mean neither would I I don't either. Now. I imagine there are plenty of times, for God's sakes, that there are clandestine and black ops that no one knows about. But when you're flying, he literally was flying over the runway, over the final approach of a runway. And I don't care who you are or what mission you're on. If you're if you're in the vicinity of an active runway, you in a Class B air space, you are going to be in contact with a controller. And that that helicopter was in in a contact. And what I don't understand is if the tower said pass behind the plane, why they crashed into it. I think Chopper gave a logical explanation, and that is when you have traffic in sight, you may have the wrong traffic insight. I mean, that's a very very busy area, a very busy area. And then as others have brought out in that area because there are so many helicopters, apparently there is a special person they have that keeps track of helicopters, and that wasn't in the tower at the time. That person wasn't in the tower at the time, so in any case, or they couldn't see over the bench. I'm just kidding again. God, please forgive me anyway. Three oh three seven one three talks seven one three eight two five five. Brian has an issue with Oh, let me take this break, Brian, we'll get to you. I promise an issue with a transmission on a twenty sixteen subar a cross trek. Right after this, go with a sure thing Denver's Best roofer Excelroofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance checkup free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies. Find out now three oh three seven to seven to one. Help you'll I think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate man dot Com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Hi Tom Martine, your troubleshooter three oll three seven one three talk seven one three eight two five five Brian, go ahead, let's start your problem. What's going on, Briant?
Speaker 22: You've got a couple things, Tom, I actually on the referral list, just to let you know. I just got done using Genesis Total Exteriors, I add fighting and windows done. Oh my gosh, absolutely phenomenal.
Speaker 3: Aren't they wonderful? I love all of our I love all of our sponsors, honest to god, I love them.
Speaker 22: Oh yeah, and I had I had excellent roofing do my roof too, So once again, awesome people. So I cannot complain. I'm gonna actually have him out to do some more concrete work for me. But in turn, I have a twenty sixteen contract Subaru. Just last night all the lights went crazy, and to go over to my mechanic victor to my house and he said it's my transmission, and he said, uh, get one, we need a new one. We'll talked about ten grand, he said, as one.
Speaker 3: He said, Okay, I want to go over this hang on, Brian, because you caught me at the end of the show and Mark was talking too much, so I'm over time. Hold on, go with a sure thing Denver's Best roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance check up free, no obligation comparison call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven to seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 1: Ripped up.
Speaker 2: News.
Speaker 3: That's who. You don't have to.
Speaker 14: Running as fast as we can.
Speaker 1: Shooter's gonna help come.
Speaker 27: This is the Troubleshooter Show Now, Tom Martinez, Welcome, Welcome to the show, the only show of It's kay.
Speaker 2: We're here to solve problems, answer questions, take complaints. Our goal in life is to make your life just a little bit better. I want to get right back to the phones. Brian has a problem with his transmission. I think it was the Subaru. Where did we leave off with you, Brian, You guys had.
Speaker 14: To go to break and so basically I got a price costs from my.
Speaker 22: Mechanic, which is virtually a block away from my house.
Speaker 14: He claims that a new.
Speaker 22: Transmission had a dealership is right around ten. He's found one with thirty thousand miles on it for just under five.
Speaker 24: Well, I mean the five is definitely attractive. With thirty thousand miles, it was most likely a good unit. The ten grand for a unit installed, if you're getting a unit from the dealer, is perfectly reasonable in all actuality.
Speaker 7: You said it was just had.
Speaker 24: Lights on though you weren't having any driveability problems.
Speaker 14: Well, that's what's what's weird that it happened last night. The Life sent me a.
Speaker 22: Picture of the dashboard and had all the lights on.
Speaker 24: It comes on like a cyst.
Speaker 22: Yeah, it didn't have the check engine light though, but it did have the ABS and have the VRC or some VCR or something like that. It's the control module or whatever. Anyway, I did some research and they said it's possibly just a battery, So I actually replaced the battery last night. It still came on as soon as I put it in drive.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but does it do any In other words, you put it in driving, you drive and it acts perfect, but the light's on. That's what Jeff's asking, correct, That is exactly right.
Speaker 24: There's a very high likelihood that you don't need a transmission. We see a lot of soloid failures on them, but change out valve bodies for being worn out, and that fixes probably ninety percent of them. So you're looking, you know, probably somewhere between about twenty two to twenty four hundred bucks.
Speaker 22: Oh wow, Okay, I may have to go back and tell them, let's let's look at that direction.
Speaker 2: No, no, no, no, bring it over. If they're already telling you, Brian, you need a transmission, and let's say if you do, well, that's great, they did nothing wrong. But if they're trying to sell you a transmission right now and it might not need one, why would you ask them for a second opinion? I mean, with the exception you said they're right next door, why wouldn't you bring it over to Jeff?
Speaker 22: And that's true, right, condition right, that's yes, yes, Sarny, Hey.
Speaker 3: Brian, Yes, Brian, I think Mark is right. Why don't you bring it over, I mean, get a second opinion from people we know and love.
Speaker 22: Yeah, I agree, I'll have to uh, I mean it's not being worked on at this point. He said he had to go through the motions in order it sometime next week.
Speaker 15: If if it's a go, but watch.
Speaker 3: Out what you invest in a twenty sixteen car. Just please be mindful of the math when it comes to a twenty sixteen car.
Speaker 2: Hey, Jeff. In general, I don't care if it's this vehicle or anything. If if a check engine's light on and everything points to the transmission, but the transmission is operating perfect, I mean, is it ever the transmission and if so, what would it be Why why would it act perfect but yet have the light.
Speaker 24: If it is actually the transmission, you will have some sort of driveability complaint. Something, something's going to be going on. Now. If it's pointing at the transmission and everything's working great, then yeah, you're right. The likelihood is you've got something wrong in a circuit.
Speaker 3: Or you know, TCU.
Speaker 24: You could have a shared splice or shared ground that's causing an issue.
Speaker 3: Got it, okay, Brian, I gotta I want to bring something up with you. Brian, by the way, is an exterminator. He's a good guy.
Speaker 7: Uh.
Speaker 3: Stephanie calls him the mouse guy, and he got rid of some stuff with us and he's really good stuff, good guy. He knows you.
Speaker 2: What did you guys have?
Speaker 3: Well, we had an infiltration of little mice all of a sudden. It never had him before. This was at our other house and the Bonnie brayhouse, and I just don't know why, but Brian found some little areas they were getting in. He stopped it immediately.
Speaker 2: God.
Speaker 3: The thing I hated. I hated trapping him. I hated it. The ones that were in the house. We had these lot, these kind of traps that you know the hotels, not the snappers, but are now they might have been a combination. I don't want to get into it. But in any case, Ryan, but there's one area where Stephanie and I want to take issue with you.
Speaker 21: Now.
Speaker 3: And and I'm just kidding, kind of half kidding.
Speaker 2: Listen to this.
Speaker 5: Son was.
Speaker 3: No, no, my stepson or Stephanie's son. He's a great kid. He works, he's on his own, he has his own apartment. And you know what we're going to talk about. He went out and got a wild hair a few years ago, and he bought two rats. Yeah, and they they stink up the place and they're terribly messy and I hate it. And well, not that it matters. And then of course he's such a good guy. He well, no in a cage with no with him, and he has his own apartment and it's his own habitat. And no, no, he's very very responsible, you know, feeds him, takes care of him, cleans out the cage. But still you can't help but have oder here and there and and just you know what I'm saying, and the little papers that they shred come come out. And so anyway, to make a long story short, Stephanie's in a panic, thinking when are these things gonna die? You know, And jokingly she would say can I slip them some dcon although it was a joke, right, So anyway, Brian says, oh, don't worry, don't worry, you know, because what did you say, Brian.
Speaker 22: Typical non domesticated rats have a lifespan up to a year, maybe a year and a couple of months, so you're looking fourteen months.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and you said, and you said, no matter what, they're going to be gone soon. Anyway from natural cause are domesticated. You can how long on those up to three? Well it's been how long now, Brian? Almost three years? Right?
Speaker 22: Yeah, yeah, exactly.
Speaker 15: I was just gonn.
Speaker 22: I was thinking of that after when I thought I had a prognosis of them kicking the bucket not too long ago, when Stephanie said they're still alive, all right, I said, uhh yeah. I think they've adapted to the domestic life and that's what's causing them to stay alive a little longer.
Speaker 3: They're pampered, and again we were I don't want I don't want Grift to feel like we're praying for them to die or anything, but we are anyway, so domesticated rats, they say on the very very outside it's three years, but some with exceptional care, Oh dear Jesus, with exceptional care can live four years, although.
Speaker 2: It's very rare.
Speaker 22: Yeah, and that is true. If you'd really like, no.
Speaker 3: We can't, obviously I would. We never want to do anything sinister, like, hey, what do you do with prairies?
Speaker 2: Oh that's a different story, Mark, Well what do you do? Can you can? You can you kill them now? Or you still got to like protect them and buy him dinner or what's the deal.
Speaker 22: We just we've got so many big pray dog dog jobs going on right now. Some of them are doing a percolating machine, which basically emits copper monoxide into a hole and they just go to sleep. Other methods depending on what city or municipality we're in, we are under restrictions. But overall, big fields out in the middle of nowhere, we can use a chemical called fumatoxin.
Speaker 2: And they're nasty little suckers, aren't they aren't they? Oh? Yeah, just gross?
Speaker 22: Yeah, a lot of things that most.
Speaker 7: Pan What about uh oh what about Canada?
Speaker 3: Geese?
Speaker 2: Geese Canada?
Speaker 3: Yeah, there's skyrat Yeah, skyrats.
Speaker 22: Doing round um yeah, exactly. Well those are like pigeons too, you know a little uh where they call them morning or not morning pigeons.
Speaker 3: But one thing though, truly and all joking, all joking aside, of course, I wouldn't want to cause suffering for any of them.
Speaker 2: But but sometimes you just have to eradicate stuff. Man, what's the craziest thing you've based off? Man, Like like a monkey or something?
Speaker 3: What?
Speaker 22: No?
Speaker 3: Yeah, like, what's the crazy No, what is the craziest.
Speaker 22: Vermin you went after there was oddly enough, a marmot and aurora.
Speaker 2: I don't even know what a marmot a market.
Speaker 22: They live above tree line usually that's where their primary UH area is. And this guy went, man, they're cute over the weekend. Oh they can be. But this guy went back back and he was gone for a few days up in the fourteener and then he turned around and uh came home and parked his vehicle in the garage. And then the next day he saw a big, old gaping hole that was eaten into his UH is rough. So they called me out. I look up and I go, huh, that's that's that's not squirrel, that's not a raccoon. I go, that is a marmot. And he goes what he goes how to get down here? And I look at his bumpers from bumper and there was the styrofoam was chewed out on the ground, and I'm looking on I'm going he hitched.
Speaker 15: Right that hole.
Speaker 14: He ate right into the bumper and took a free ride home on I seventies, Brian.
Speaker 22: I didn't snuff it. I didn't stuff him.
Speaker 15: Just to let you know.
Speaker 22: I went ahead and I back up in the hill.
Speaker 2: I'll tell you something that's a paint in the ass Susanna and I had to deal with. I'm not going to get into the how. But woodpeckers, my wood.
Speaker 22: Northern flickers, nuthatches, downings are all down here now listen.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and you're not supposed to do anything.
Speaker 2: But my reason I got a guy.
Speaker 22: You can get a donvation permit. You can get a difference.
Speaker 3: What does that mean?
Speaker 22: Uh, you're basically right. We have a federal link.
Speaker 14: That allows the homeowner to get into that and get it.
Speaker 22: And apply for a permit, and then you we would be able to come out and set traps and we stick them over the hole so when they fly into it, they basically get caught and they're.
Speaker 2: Done and that they.
Speaker 22: Yeah, that's fatterally, that's.
Speaker 2: No, no, no, But I mean, are are the woodpeckers prevalent or is it just my neck of the woods, because they're they're horrible.
Speaker 15: What kind of do you have?
Speaker 22: The big tall ones that are grayish with a little red swash up on their head. Eric, exactly, Yeah, those are northern flickers.
Speaker 3: I want to tell you a true story, Brian. I want to tell you a true story. Tell me or it was told to me, and I want to know if it could be true. A dear woman we know heard noises in her addict. She kept putting it off. Then she hears some noises in her wall and there were there was a squirrel infestation that she tells us cost her around twenty two thousand dollars in damage.
Speaker 22: Is that possible it is if they neglected too long. Yes, because what you have to do is you have to remediate all the insulation out, take the down, removed it. Depending on if there's a lot of dead carcasses in there too, it's twenty two. Depending on how much they had to get done.
Speaker 3: I would have it was a big it's a big it's a big house, big house. Okay, did they do one of these big beautiful houses down in where was the castle Pines? Do you think it was a dress pricing?
Speaker 22: It could have been, because honestly, we go down there all the time and we do a lot of that clean out of insulation and addicts and.
Speaker 3: What do you do the rebuilding too? Or just to clean out? Do you do the rebuilding?
Speaker 22: We can, depending on how severe it is. If it's like we do stucco match as best as we can. We we can do if we want a perfect patch on something, Yeah, it'll take a little bit more time.
Speaker 15: Mark.
Speaker 2: Do you think like American Restoration does something like that. I don't think they get into vermits. I don't think so, man, I mean they would go in in not maybe the eradication.
Speaker 3: But I was thinking no, no, no, I'm not talking about that, the eradication or even the finding of it. I was thinking maybe of the aftermath the damages.
Speaker 2: But I would think you're calling like a best way insulation or someone to get up there. Fit's an addict, don't I don't know what Rock would do there. I'm sure he could do it, but I don't think that's their wheelhouse. Notice how I threw in the wheelhouse.
Speaker 22: I like that. We'll actually go in and we do remove insulation, but then we also advise the customer to get it reinsulated because we won't do the insulation at this point.
Speaker 3: Do you have any dwarfs that work for you in the small spaces anyway? Look at I'm just joking again. If you've been listening to the show, don't give me any crap. Don't give me any crap. I'm just joking from the other day and we're all having fun.
Speaker 2: I love people.
Speaker 3: Hey, so we got more coming right up. I'm Tom Martino, and I want to tell you about one thing this that I love, well, a person that I love, Frank durand the real estate Man. We're going to tell you more about him. And what I'm going to be telling you about is something I normally they don't talk about. So now what I want to tell you about is his service to do the free evaluation of your home and what it will be worth when you sell it, and what you'll net and what you can buy. So that's called the free market analysis three oh three nine to zero sixteen twenty two. Frankdurandrealestateman dot com. Go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance check up free no obligation. In comparison, call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven seven one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the Real Estate Man dot com. To list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Hi Tom Martino, your troubleshooter. Tricia has got a comment on Woodpeckers. Man, you want to talk about an eclectic show? Hey, Trish, what's happening midgets woodpeckers?
Speaker 2: Yeah, we dwarfs Mark go.
Speaker 3: Ahead or in Southos like it.
Speaker 14: And we have.
Speaker 8: The Northern Flickers and they've nested it. We have stucco board that board.
Speaker 3: That looks like said, oh yeah, they and they have they love pretend stucco. They don't like real stucco.
Speaker 15: Yeah, okay, Yeah.
Speaker 8: By time we get anyone out there, they've nested and they've hatched. We've had two three roots in the last two years and try to fix that are covered up next to you know, they're back and we know they're famerly protected. And I heard that you just have someone that may have a light can trap them.
Speaker 2: Yeah, in fact he might still be on.
Speaker 8: May return every year.
Speaker 2: Well I don't think he traps them. Baby, Well, why don't you call Brian.
Speaker 3: Why don't you call Brian and he can tell you how to do it legally and ethically. Listen, you know what one time somebody told me, listen to this, Oh, you can't do anything to them, so you have to put up these owl decoys. That keeps them away. So they send me a picture of their house, and their house looks uglier than if they had the woodpeckers because they have these owl decoys all over their beautiful stucco. And by the way, as I understand it, they don't go after the actual stucco itself, but they go after the drive it or the synthetic stucco that is on the trim and all of that. Is that true?
Speaker 8: Yes, right above the trim the tram gives to sit on.
Speaker 21: Why, well, it's not.
Speaker 3: Just something to sit on. It's softer. It's softer. The trim is usually over a foam and it's not a hard stucco, but the hard code itself on your flat walls. Do they ever do that on your flat walls?
Speaker 8: Yes, And they are where the chimney is, so it's been closed. They can't get in the attic, but they can get into that box around the chimney.
Speaker 2: Hey, let's get Brian back.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: What Brian said about him was it was pretty simple. He can direct her to the website, the government website. You fill out a form and then basically they issue a death warrant for the birds and then Brian will come out Mark take care of the birds.
Speaker 3: No, but I'm talking about the destruction. What's that?
Speaker 14: Oh?
Speaker 8: I was wondering what Brod's company is.
Speaker 3: I know, I don't know. My wife has it. Mark, he's not on the referral list, right, I mean we he just happened to call in one time and he was so busy on certain things.
Speaker 2: But I'll find it.
Speaker 3: I'll find it. Yeah, So here's the deal, though, I'm mainly interested in the damage they can do. Is it on only the trim or can they do it on the regular hard coat?
Speaker 2: And maybe.
Speaker 3: Maybe Mark Schamansky can answer that too. And Shannon, No, yeah, no, that's dragon Dragon. I don't understand the goat sounds. Now, that's totally not even in the same ballpark here, bro what are you trying to do if you want, if you want.
Speaker 2: To hear what's coming from her house. She's got a dog and a goat. We should have we should have woodpecker sounds. You don't have. Its actually shocked that you haven't killed me.
Speaker 22: Over what too?
Speaker 3: I love that. I love God, did I love that cartoon?
Speaker 18: Oh?
Speaker 3: Thank you dragon. That cartoon Woody Woodpecker got it was great. Honestly, was an instigator. I didn't like. I didn't like the road Runner. Okay, to be honestly, that just got tiring. Mean, but Woody Woodpecker was cool. But my favorite cartoon character of all times. And if you can guess at people, I'm gonna give you a fifty bucks gift card, so I've never I want you to tell me my I bet, I know I love him, but he was my favorite cartoon character. A fifty dollars gift card, except except for the staffs fifty dollars gift card. Seriously, and and I don't know how anyone cannot love this character.
Speaker 2: Oh my god.
Speaker 3: It was the really Yeah, I'll text your Yeah, I'll text you my guests, okay you anyway, we got more, We got more coming up. Three out three seven one three talk Compass Insurance Group, Brian Burns and Matt They Corneo. They said, look at man, we are doing so many insurance checkups and finding and finding something that Mark mentioned earlier, actual cash value. So many actual cash value policies are now being substituted and written without people knowing it.
Speaker 2: That means people you get no replacement.
Speaker 3: You just get the value of it right before it was destroyed, and be beware of that. Please okay and get your free insurance checkup. There is no obligation three oh three nine ninety six nine thousand go with a sure thing Denver's Best Roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance checkup free. No obligation. In comparison, call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 1: There's no need to bear Underdog is here?
Speaker 3: Hey I loved Underdog three oh three seven one three talk. No one's gonna get the fifty dollars gift card my number one.
Speaker 2: Oh wait, Floyd, what is your guest? Go ahead?
Speaker 3: Floyd, Floyd Solid.
Speaker 21: Who Speedigan's Dolls or Foghorn Leghorn.
Speaker 3: Oh, I love them, but they're not my favorite, my absolute favorite. Drum roll, please, you don't have to do a drum roll is.
Speaker 2: Heavens to Murgatroyd.
Speaker 3: You know who that is?
Speaker 2: Exit stage left.
Speaker 3: I am sam No, no, I am. I am petrified, scared even the Snagglepus God. Snaggleplus is the greatest cartoon character that ever was invented and graced the screen. If you've never seen some Snaggleplus cartoons, I would laugh my butt off. It was so funny. Oh now, one of my favorite early TV shows. And uh, I was only in my I was like three or four. Then I started watching it. I kept watching the worst produced show in history, the worst acting, the worst lines, the worst everything there is. You could not get worse than this show. But my god, did I love it. So I wanted a lot of happy thoughts it. At night, I'm looking at these old shows, but even this one, I can't take too much of it, although I used to love it. And that's the Adventures of Superman. Those old black and white Oh oh man, are they terrible? But so much, Oh Mark, it is so silly and stupid now and then Christopher what was his name?
Speaker 7: Christopher Reeves.
Speaker 3: Christopher Reeves was the character, which is so weird because the newest character was Chris Reeves, right, or the one of the latest later characters. But anyway, oh wait, wait wait George, I'm sorry, you're right man, it was George ree You're right. Christopher is the one that was paralyzing and then died later. But George Reeves committed suicide and then also on the program. Though they're the worst, but I actually you have to buy it on Amazon. Uh, they're not free.
Speaker 2: So I bought it.
Speaker 3: But I had two other old shows that I absolutely positively love and now, because I want a lot of positive energy, I listened to them at night and fall Asleep is uh Andy Griffith or Andy Griffin?
Speaker 2: Right Griffin or Griffith Griffith?
Speaker 3: Yeah, Andy of Mayberry, You know god, what a funny, easy going show. And then the other one is mister ed.
Speaker 2: God. I love him.
Speaker 9: Hey, Tom, Can you imagine when when somebody went to NBC, whoever was, Hey, I want to make a comedy about a pow camp in World War Oh?
Speaker 2: That was so funny.
Speaker 7: Can you imagine going to somebody?
Speaker 3: Did anyone does anyone love Hogan's Heroes. Gosh, nothing, I I loved that show. Yes, oh god, it's so wonderful.
Speaker 7: Can you imagine going to the producer?
Speaker 3: No, I know, you know what, that could never get made now never.
Speaker 7: Ever.
Speaker 3: Anyway, thank you first.
Speaker 24: Thought it was too close to Vietnam to actually put it in Vietnam.
Speaker 3: Oh really, thanks for letting me, uh stroll down memory laying here with this ridiculousness. But and that's another show. I like Ridiculousness, although man, sometimes I do the ooze and ows you guys ever watch Ridiculousness. It's a show about It's on MTV. It's on MTV. Now listen. Here's what he does. The host I think, who's a skater?
Speaker 2: I'm not sure.
Speaker 3: But they found this host, and then and then some then they found some some you know modern stars, calmer, you know, recent stars on either social media or whatever. And they come in and comment on the videos, and then they comb the internet for stupid videos of people doing crazy things. They won't take submissions. They go out and find him, but it's called ridiculousness, and then they have themes. I like it, I really do. I have to admit that. And so the other one. I mean, you know, I'm giving away all this crap, but that that's a fun show and it is ridiculous and I love ridiculousness.
Speaker 2: So there it is.
Speaker 3: Let's talk to Lenny has a Corvette transmission question. Go ahead, Lenny, what's happening.
Speaker 12: Yeah, I just wanted to run something by your bench mission expert.
Speaker 3: There.
Speaker 12: I got a twenty one Corvette. It's got that new dual clutch transmission in it, and there's so much stuff going on about when to get serviced. But the Chevy book says they want the oil changed in that transmission every three years or forty five thousand miles, and they also have a DCT filter that they say it changed before seventy five hundred miles. So I've called about three Chevy dealers, and every Chevy dealer will quote you a different price and different things they want to do with that. I just wondering, if you're expert, if they do the C eight transmission and what they recommend it.
Speaker 24: Well, we really don't see a whole lot of any of them. I've got a little experience with them, but you know, typically I recommend every three years or thirty six thousand miles and quite frankly, I would include that filter with each interval.
Speaker 12: Okay, because this this car's got three thousand miles on it. So Wow recommended changing a fluid even though it's not even close to the forty five thousand miles. So I guess that the best thing is just to change it.
Speaker 24: I guess they're also worried about the moisture being absorbed from the air, which isn't too much of a problem here in Colorado because we're a pretty dry climate. But the fluid will absorb moisture over time and break the fluid down.
Speaker 2: Explain a double clutch.
Speaker 24: It's literally what it sounds like. So you've got to automatically controlled clutches by the computer. So it's the transmision mission itself is actually two transmission side by side.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 24: One side one, three, five, so on and so forth, the other side two for so it'll actually engage that could you know, Disengage one side, engage the other and it will.
Speaker 2: Self shift inside WO, I say it for more.
Speaker 24: There's a performance aspect, purely performed.
Speaker 3: Do the new ones do that? Do the twenty twenty fives do that?
Speaker 24: To the better part of my knowledge? So but Chevy's not the only one doing that. They've come out in Hyundai, They've come out in Audi Ford.
Speaker 12: Okay, all right, very cool. So you guys, don't you would you would not change your oil on that transmission. Just take it to a Chevy dealer and is that what you're doing.
Speaker 24: Yeah, I'd probably recommend that they're going to have it, have the stuff on hand. I don't see enough of them more. I'm gonna be able to be competitive because I'm just gonna have to buy everything straight from the dealer.
Speaker 12: Okay, all right, So I appreciate your help.
Speaker 3: Thank you, Thank you man, appreciate you calling. We have more coming up on the Troubleshooter Show. If you have any old shows you love and I should watch, let me know. I love looking at some of these old shows that just make me laugh. Remember my favorite Martian. Oh you know, some of these shows are so lame they could never make today. Others I think are pretty cool. I think a new version Mister Ed would be cool. We got more coming right up. Go with a sure thing Denver's Best roofer Excel roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance checkup free, no obligation comparison call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three all three seven seven one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three all three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. I'm Tom Martino. My favorite reality show anywhere I'm gonna talk about after Dennis, Dennis, what did you want to talk about? Go ahead, Dennis.
Speaker 14: Yeah, I used to have an.
Speaker 12: Old show I liked.
Speaker 13: He just took it off the air a couple of weeks ago.
Speaker 18: But it was Green Acres.
Speaker 3: Oh god, oh my My favorite character was mister Haney.
Speaker 15: Oh yeah, as.
Speaker 3: He was the con man.
Speaker 2: He was the con man.
Speaker 3: He would always come around trying to sell something or I've got something for that. Yeah, mister Haney. I love him. Green Acres. How funny was that show?
Speaker 13: I did not like.
Speaker 3: I did not like that other one, uh, Petticoat Junction though that was kind of a spin off.
Speaker 2: I didn't like it at.
Speaker 3: All, But I did love Green Acres. Yeah. Man, that brings back some Memories. So even though they took it off, you can still buy it through Amazon. I'm sure. Hey, my favorite reality show ever and and look at it's cringey. It makes me laugh my ass off, and I can't believe these guys do it. It's called practical jokers. Oh, Mark, have you ever seen it? Yeah, I've no, but have you ever seen?
Speaker 18: Yeah?
Speaker 3: You don't like it? Oh no, it's impractice, I'm sorry, impractical.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 2: They said, do you like the Joe like walk up to that lady and blah blah blah whatever.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, some of the things they have to do, and they're all having a bunch of fun. I just think it's so much fun. And of course Jack Ass, oh man, come on getting kicked in the night. I don't know if that Jack gass to me, Jack asked to me was a little severe. I didn't like it. I don't like it. I mean, I can find now and then Yeah, that kind of stuff.
Speaker 2: I think it's reckless.
Speaker 7: But that's me.
Speaker 24: Fire.
Speaker 3: So they really do that stuff? Oh god, yes, yeah, don't you think that's dangerous?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 24: Hell yeah it is.
Speaker 2: What's the craziest stunt I've ever done? There must have been something in your life. I rode off a roof on a bicycle into a swimming pool, for example.
Speaker 3: Mark, I think I think I was pretty boring. I think I was pretty boring as a kid. I maybe you call it chicken. I would not do anything like ballsy like that. I just wouldn't got it. My little brother did. My little brother did. We would tell him, you know what I would like, Here's what I like. I used to love making things like like machines, really like like I made. I took a swing set one time and put a motor on it from a go cart and wanted to make my own carnival ride where you'd strap into a swing and to go around and around like like really high and then really did it. What we would do, Me and my friend Paul would always ask my brother Jimmy, hey, Jim, try this out. And then you always knew it was trouble because we would strap him and then we go hide behind a rock. Yeah, and he would he would just do it, man.
Speaker 2: I swear to God.
Speaker 3: Or I'd say, hey, Jim, I just built this, would you plug it in for me.
Speaker 2: We had a big old tire we found, I mean a big tractor tire like eight feet tall, and we would get in that son of a bitch and we would go down a hill, a regular road in the neighborhood in the front, Oh my god, cut off traffic to make sure a car wasn't coming, and you'd get side so.
Speaker 4: Much on the tire.
Speaker 3: Hey, people, I want to tell you, don't forget. Oh. Somebody said, I dream of Genie. Somebody said Twilight Zone, outer Limits, Barney Floyd, the barber on Andy. Anyway, so anyway, we're out of time, folks. Thanks everyone for being here. Certainly appreciate it, and remember referrals dot com save all your problems for us.