Speaker 1: Hello, and welcome to Psychic Teachers. I'm your host Samantha Fay and I'm Dan Bowen, and we hope you will join us and welcoming back to the show our dear friend, Teresa Reid. We're so excited to have her back on. Widely known and beloved as the terro Lady, Teresa is a best selling author whose work as a professional terro reader and astrologer has helped thousands of clients over the last thirty years. Her work makes learning the esoteric fun, interesting and accessible, and she's on the show today to discuss her latest book.
Speaker 2: It's called The Book.
Speaker 1: Of Astrological Returns, Your Complete Guide to every life cycle from the Sun to Pluto. So, Teresa, we're so happy to have you on the show to talk about astrology. I mean we might touch on to row too, but I really loved reading this book because not only do you make everything accessible, which is hard with astrology, but you're talking about a very niche but not niche important topic, which are all these different returns. And I think a lot of people like me and Deb who know about astrology but are anywhere near experts like you. I learned so much about other returns beside Saturn.
Speaker 3: Yes, exactly, and that's the only way I know anything about. And there's all those other planets speak to us.
Speaker 4: Terresa, Well, first of all, I'm just grateful that I get to spend time with you too. I loved my visit last time, so thank you so much for having me back. You know, the thing is what returns? I remember really a long time ago, because I'm one of a certain age now, but I was going through a really rough time and I had an astrologer buddy of mine say, oh, you're in your Sadur return. I said, well, what the heck is that? And so he told me about sand returns, And then of course I started learning about the other returns and over the years would use some of them a client, some I would use very often at all, and playing around with myself and yeada, YadA, YadA, and so it became a part of something I did and became fascinated with. And why was that fascinated Because I am fascinated with time and cycles and patterns and pattern recognition and how things play out in history and the future. So it's the whole thing with returns is every place has different cycle. Let me just plain what a return is for folks who are really needed before I even go down a rabbit hole here. So when an astrologer is talking about a return, what they're talking about is the current planet that is moving through the sky. It re enters the sign it was in when you were born, and so as soon as that happens, it means you'd begun your return. But when it actually hits the exact degree and minute, then that is the official return chart, and it almost becomes like a birth chart for that moment in time that sets the tone for the next x amount of years, depending on what planet we're talking about. Now, the solar return is something most people use them most often in astrology for prediction. It's your annual birthday chart. It is the day the sun comes back home to your son. And what that does is it tells you the main themes for your year ahead. So it really again gives you like an idea of where you're going to be putting a lot of energy into the next year. Now, my last solar return, I'll give you an example by astrologer Sam Rattles is fabulous and he wrote the forward for the book, which was such a great honor because I love Sam. But Sam had said, you know, you're going to be bleeding a lot of money this year, and I'm like, say that. And I looked at the solar return because you know, he does a mix of different astrologies to transits and all that which all astrologers do. And I'm like, oh, I see where seeing that because my son is in my second house of money and my solar return chart and it's being negatively aspected. Okay, but you know in the back of your head, you still they've got some control. Let me tell you, ladies, I have not spent so much money in my life. We had a disaster with the tenant moving out, my car died, and so I have been bleeding money fast. And my next solar return looks a lot better. But that's an example of one of the returns. So it really shows that when I needed to be focusing on is really watching my money. And boy did I have to watch it. I had to watch it. And once you know this information for the solar return, you have an idea of how to work with the energy so that again you can avoid problems or minimize them. And I an'll say it's being prepared. Not now that's a solar return, now something like the Saturn return. It's very interesting because I just had my second Saturn return, which is what inspired me to write this book. The Saturn return is the one we all hear about because the first Saturd return you got to throw up. Second satur return, now you become the wise elder. The third Saturn return you prepare for the next transition, which is death. So all three of them are these new levels of maturity. And when my second Saturn return kicked in, immediately there was big drama because Saturn often brings hard lessons and you know, so I'm like, oh my god. I thought this was going to be a much better return, which it was very challenging. But when I get the Saturn return chart for my actual time of the return, what was so interesting is that it was showing that some of the big lessons I would be working on would be boundaries, and there were so many boundary issues. And Saturn's interesting because Saturn will often go over your Saturn sign and then it will go retrograde and go back over it in one more time, so it's three passes, and so it really gives you this like initiation and then an opportunity to reflect retrograde. But then the final Saturn return is one that sets the tones for the next twenty seven years. And so even though the satur In return lasts about two and a half years, you have that Saturn return chart that's really showing you the big things to work on for the next twenty seven years. And of course it ended up being boundaries again, So that's going to be my life lesson for the next twenty seven years. Let me work on boundaries, healthy relationships. But knowing that this is what's empowering. So returns are showing these cycles what to work on where you're strong, where you're challenged, and it helps you to live your life better. There are also some returns that are generational next to and Pluto that doesn't us personally, but we just lived through a Pluto return here in the United States, so yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's true.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because you have a whole section in your book on looking at these returns in terms of countries and history, and I found that so so cool. I want to ask about you tell this story. One of your astrologer friends said, do not spend your birthday at home.
Speaker 2: You need to go somewhere.
Speaker 1: Can you tell people that story and how important it is to look at that.
Speaker 4: This is the solid return part. So and also one of the things when you do a return chart you always have to have. You also have to put in the location in your software of where you're going to be at the time of the return. The software, by the way that I use this time Passages on a Mac girl. I love time Passages. But there's free software astro dot com. You can check that out, so there are other places you can get it. But I found time Passages to be really, really good. You have to entrance the location where you're going to be, and then that's going to be very import because depending on your location, your return will change. So I had this dude years ago. He said, listen, you need to travel. You need to be in Los Angeles on your birthday. Like we'll say, I don't even like Los Angeles. Back then, I really have an attitude about it. I'm like, why, he goes, You're gonna have a great year, you know your solo return, just go to Los Angeles, don't stay home. I'm like, you know, what, what the heck, I'm one of these people. Try anything once So on my birthday, I was in this amazing Italian restaurant in silver Lake that no longer because sadly, having this wonderful dinner with my husband next to this older couple who used to live in New York. Ricky and Lucy were their real names, and we were just having just this great conversation. I said to my husband, you know, I'm having a good birthday. I ended up having one of the best years ever professionally, personally, I mean, it was amazing. And so that got me obsessed and I'm like, you listen to the control freak of me. I need to know more about this. But I got this book by Bob Marks and the title Escapes Me. It's a book it's basically how to have more success in love by traveling on your birthday. And so it is a book that talks all about this whole process. So what you do is with your solar return, not with your other charts. It's the solar return. Because the solar return, again, that's the tone for the year. What you do if you don't like the location you're in, you basically kind of fiddle around until you find a location. It gives you a better chart. And one of my astrology teachers for Bucket Gordon says you go west, just go west if you don't like the way it looks. So she also was a proponent of if you don't like it, change it. So anyhow, the book suggests, you know, you just fiddle around to find something better now with But unfortunately, I've been stuck at home a lot more so I haven't had that choices. That's why last year with that bleeding money fast thing, I didn't have a choice on that. I have reasons I have to be home with out going into it, so I can't travel as much as I'd like, and it is what it is. Now. I have a birthday coming up. Of course, you know I went and look because I'm thinking, Okay, do I want to be on the road for my book tours on my birthday or do I want to be home? Well, when I compare notes, it was better for me to be at home. I have a really good chart for my solo return if I stay home. So I made sure with my little miniature book tour that I'm doing, that i'm home on my birthday to activate this amazing chart that I'm going to have. So I'll have to let you know how it turns out.
Speaker 1: Yeah, please do, because I always have this idea that how you spend your birthday sets the tone.
Speaker 2: For the year.
Speaker 1: You know, like some years, I'm not really until celebrating my birthday. Don't ever sing me Happy Birthday at a restaurant or I'll ring your.
Speaker 2: Neck type thing. And I remember one year I.
Speaker 1: Just kind of like hid out on my birthday and tucked in with my family and I had it tucked in year.
Speaker 2: And I remember like.
Speaker 1: The other year, I had like a big celebration and a big party, and I had a big year. This past year, I was like, you know what, I'm not going to do any work on my birthday. I'm just going to relax and enjoy it. I feel like it's been a more relaxing year. But to add the astrology piece to it, I'm so excited to try that.
Speaker 3: I have a couple of questions through and Samantha is talking about traditions and not for one's birthday. For seventeen years, I lived in a house just across the street from the ocean, and my birthday, my birth time is two.
Speaker 5: Thirty two am.
Speaker 3: And for seventeen years I got up every night after I'd gone to bed, got up and was on the beach talking to mother Ocean at two thirty two in the morning. And those were some of the best conversations I think I've ever had. And I didn't look at it particularly from an astrology perspective, but from a tradition of honoring that solar return. Why do you think that culturally, talking about mercury retrograde and Saturn returns has become the only other cultural thing people know other than maybe when.
Speaker 4: The moon's mercury retrograd. Let's go into that for a second. Mercury retrograde. We hear about it all the time because it happens three times a year, and some people make a really big stink in fuss about it. Now I have six mercury reyl planets in my chart, so I always feel mercury retrograde before it happens, you know, more so than when it actually happens. I'm very mercury sensitive, I like to say. But it gets a lot of play because people see it as being dramatic. It causes problems with travel and this and that, and I think sometimes the negative really does get more tension and even satur return people are. I was like, oh my god, it's so hard. Oh and you know that is going to be a lot more interesting to talk about this. So I'm like, hey, i had a really great solo return and looks like I'm gonna have a good year. Nobody wants to hear that. The drama does sell, you know, and so you see a lot of people talking about that. One of the things too that was really frustrating for me when I was going through my second satur return and I had written about sat In returns and other things in my other book, Twist Your Fate a couple of years ago, and now I was actually in my second sand In Return, and I started looking for information. I'm like, why is everything focus on the first satur return? What is it Because I'm a woman of a certain age, Suddenly I might not have problems because I'm certainly getting to hit really hard with this Saturn return. And it was very frustrating there was so little written about that, and I didn't get that. I had done readings for clients over the years or in their second sand In return and had big, deep conversations about what that meant and what they should be working on and I couldn't find Jack. It seemed like when the uriness returned, the United States is in the Jeronis's return right now, when Arnist's return. Sometimes I would have older clients in their eighties, and I would look at their churns say, okay, you're near the artist's return. Got to start thinking about your independence, got to start really getting serious about this. But I mean, finding the information was really hard, really hard. So sad in return what we hear about all the time. We hear about it a lot, but it's only for the twenty year olds.
Speaker 3: Why, which we're getting into that third Saturn return, But.
Speaker 4: It doesn't you know exactly what I Yeah, I knew. That's really frustrating. I'm like, wow, I didn't realize astrology was so ageous. I mean, it kind of got by Nick Cherson a twist. I got to tell you, because I couldn't believe that the information was so minimal. I'm like, what the heck, well, not anymore, not anymore with your book.
Speaker 1: With your book, yes, which doesn't make sense to me, because that time period for all of us is fraught.
Speaker 2: With so much.
Speaker 1: We're either taking care of kids or aging parents, or we're working on our retirement.
Speaker 2: There's a lot going on.
Speaker 1: And you also write about the urinous opposition, the Neptune square, and the chiron return, which can make the forties and fifties really intense. Can you talk a little bit about that please?
Speaker 4: Yeah. I mean these aspects also really like bring a lot of stuff up for folks. You know, around midlife we have that neptune stuff happening, and that can make people really question, like, you know, is this my dream? And so you'll see a lot of people then go get there like fancy red corvette, or get a divorce and rip out. Chiron return also is another time you're fifty years old, all of a sudden, it's like, oh my god, my life really is half over and suddenly you're dealing with these old wounds. Is old garbage, And if you're fifty, you're taking care of parents. There might be old childhood wounds that are coming back and being revisited. So there's a lot happening around that age, which is again, why isn't this getting more attention? Yeah, no offense against young people. I love young people so much, and I've been young once upon a time. But those are times of life where there's a lot of crisis happening. I got to say that. I'll use my run return as an example. My Chiron return was right around age fifty, and I got to tell you though, for me it was different because I had a lot of issues around creativity from my childhood and it wasn't safe to be creative and girls don't make money as artists and you know that kind of talk. So you know, my creativity went underground for a long, long long time. And I used to be actually quite artistic, did a lot of writing, and then in my forties I started blogging. And what happened in my fifties then is I got a book deal during my Chiron return and suddenly, like all of this creativity is builled out and I've been like writing books. I mean, this is book number nine. Ive got book number ten and three Tarot decks under my belt since fifty. So what happened with that Chiron? I went right into that. I really had to dig into those feelings of inferiority, inferiority like girls don't do art, YadA, YadA, YadA, and I had to work through some real garbage around that. So I had to uncondition my brain. So depending on where Chiren is in your chart, Neptune, all of that, there's a lot of things that could get stirred up, and if you are facing it in a really good, grounded way, it's an opportunity to heal. So any of these midlife points, whether we're talking about you know, Neptune square, YadA, YadA YadA, any of these they're all opportunities for us to grow. But sometimes if we don't realize they're happening, we just say we're going bananas.
Speaker 1: Yeah, or just in a bad luck cycle. So I think it's so important. I always think fore warned is forearmed. What did you say earlier?
Speaker 4: I liked yours better prepared, not scared.
Speaker 2: Prepared not scared.
Speaker 4: I love that, and even being prepared though, I got to tell you with my second sat in Return, I knew it was calming, and I remember right before it all everything hit the fan. I was sitting down having a glass of wine with my husband. I said, Wow, okay, I'm going We're in our second sand Return. Looks like good. This is going to be the good times. And then everything went kbluly And even though I was going through some really challenging things, I knew it was happening. So I'm like, woman, you can't be given up mouth. You're going to hang in here. You're going to work through this, and you're going to work through all these lessons and you know you're gonna come on stronger and you're going to channel this into something good. And so I was doing a tremendous amount of work on myself and it wasn't easy. It wasn't easy, but at least I knew, and so I wasn't feeling like the universe. Although sometimes I will say I blamed the planets. I'm like, the damn you, Saturn, leap you alone. But in reality, I also knew. It's like, okay, you're in that cycle, woman, you just got to you got to push through. It's only two and a half years.
Speaker 1: There's another famous quote that says something like, if you know the why, you can handle anyhow red. I always thought that was really really true as well, all.
Speaker 2: Right, we have to take our first break. Will be right back.
Speaker 6: Hey, everybody, it's deb If you want to dive deeply into the magic and mystery of numbers, June is the time I'm so excited to be working with Sarah Renee in our Sacred Summer Series. The second of this four course series is entitled Sacred Numbers Aligning to Earthly Patterns. This course runs three consecutive Tuesdays in June and registration information and course details are on my website, deb Bowen dot com click the Interactive Courses tab. As always, there is an afternoon and an evening section. Sign up today and become a part of a growing community of exploration. Again.
Speaker 3: There are details at deb Bowen dot com. Thanks so much, everybody, Welcome back everyone. Theresa, I have a question that I'm not even s how to articulate it. But one of the comments that I have heard from people who poof who astrology is well, everybody can have all of the same kind of stuff going on in their lives because they're born under a certain sign.
Speaker 5: How can that possibly be?
Speaker 3: And so the notion of the generalization and the universality of a group of people being born under a certain sign discredits astrology from naysayers. Sometimes, what do you say to those folks?
Speaker 4: Well, first of all, I don't deal with those folks because I'm not here to convert anybody. I really am not. If someone doesn't like terror astrology. I can respect that. I'm like, you know what, if you don't like it, I don't like football. Therefore I don't study football. I don't go to the games, I don't support a team. I don't even know what scrimmage is, and I just leave it alone. It's that simple. So I'm not here to ever ever be negative towards skeptics I get it, or to try to convert them. If that's true belief, that's fine. And it's very hard to convince a skeptic because once they have that mindset, they're not going to be open to anything. They're going to look for their confirmation bias, and they're going to try to find your confirmation bias, and it's going to end up just being a conversation that goes in circles. Really interesting. My astrologer, Sam Reynolds used to be a skeptic until he started studying astrology. And here's the thing that a lot of these people don't understand. Yes, there is the general sun sign stuff. Okay, there's very general information out there, and so it's very easy to say, well, I'm a Gemini too, and I'm nothing like the Tara lady. I'm very different. But that's because you haven't done the in depth look and analysis of a chart. You've got to look at the whole thing. So let's pretend that you and I have the exact same charts. We're born the same day, same time, same city. Okay, we're still also going to have different experiences because of our lived experiences. Just because we have the same chart doesn't mean we're all going to make the same decisions. We also have free will, so it doesn't mean it's going to manifest. Not all geminized or flight key, not all touruses are stubborn. You have to look at the whole chart to get a really good idea of potential problems. And then you look at the transits. Where could this person be going from here? You can look at the progressed chart, how is this person growing? You're always looking at potential for good and potential for trouble, and hopefully the people that are open to astrology make the right decisions because there is free will involved too, and that's kind of a big way of thinking, and some people can't think that big. And some people think although the planets can't control you, well, the moon controls the tides. What are you talking about. There's going to be something to it, so keep an open mind. And it's also interesting because astrology, way back in the beginning origins, was a respected science. Now it's considered a pseudoscience. But I don't know. I found it really works. It makes a lot of sense for me.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I totally agree.
Speaker 1: And it's like you said, if that's where your interest are driving you, that's where you need to focus and let the naysayers stay over and they're grumpy corner.
Speaker 4: Some people waste so much time with skeptics. And back in the day when I used to read for the public, I don't read for the public any longer. I would get some skeptics in my office, you know, and oftentimes they would become really good clients. Sometimes a lot of times they'd walk away not impressed at all because they came in with a closed mind.
Speaker 5: You know.
Speaker 4: It just depended. And at some point I became like, you know what, if you're coming in with that mind, don't come here. I'm just if you're making my jobs hard and not fun. And if my job is really hard and not fun, I'm here to prove something to you. I don't want it's not worth the money. I just don't like that. I want you to come in, be open, even if for skeptical. Otherwise, why are you here? Why are you here? That would be like me again, Let's say I hate football because I do. That would be like me showing up at a football game and starting to like yell at the team and you know, tell everybody to pipe down, not have fun. Why would I do that? That's so weird. It's weird to me for a skeptic to come in for a reading to try to prove something. What a waste of money and time? What do you I mean? With my mind and with my time and money, The last thing I'm going to do is invest in something I don't believe in to discredit it. That's weird.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I totally agree.
Speaker 1: Now, in your book, you talk about a lot of different returns that were so.
Speaker 2: New to me. But you also talk about.
Speaker 1: The lunar return and that happens every month, and I was like, oh my gosh, I never really considered that. Can you talk about the lunar return?
Speaker 5: Please?
Speaker 4: Do? The liner return happens every month because the moone changes signs, you know, every like two and a half days, and so every thirty days, it comes back around to where it was when you were born. And so what it does is it gives you kind of like an emotional blueprint for the month. You can see where your feelings are going to be strongest, where you might be experiencing change because the moon does rule bad also showed how you might be showing up emotionally, how you might be expressing and working through those feelings. So it can be really helpful to determine, Okay, this is going to be a month where I'm feeling kind of cranky. Maybe this is a month I eat more chocolate, get a massage. This month, it looks like I've been a really good place. I'm going to get a lot done. So it gives you also kind of this little emotional backdrop so that you can number one, take good care of yourself, but also number two, really understand how you're showing up and dealing with the world to your feelings. I think I use the example that I was having a really cranky time and I looked at my little return and it was a month where I cut off a relative because they were being so awful, and my moon, of course, was in this. Really I think it was in my seventh house, and it was not in a good place. I'm like, well that makes sense, got it? You know, so little return to tell you a lot, but what I'm really cranky, I'll pull up that lutle return and it's always at my moan, is really poorly aspected for that month and not in a happy place.
Speaker 1: You know, that's an interesting way to work on the inner self critic too. Yes, if you can look at that and go, oh, that's why I was this way, it can help us be gentler with ourselves. I never really correlated that well.
Speaker 4: Also, the other thing that I can do is it can help you to know, Okay, this is a time where maybe I really need to work on my emotions, you know, maybe this is the month that I need to do some really really heavy stuff around that. My next little return is coming up in a few days, right before my book launches, and so it's really well aspected. Thank god, that's pure luck because I didn't plan that. There's some challenges too, because I'll still have this big aria stelium that is moving through my house of course, the house of relationships again, so hopefully I'm not going to be cutting anyone off, but the moon itself has some really good aspects, and the aspects are actually good for the book. So that's telling me that the book tour in the month ahead is probably going to be pretty pleasant for me. Even if I have to set a few boundaries here or there, overall, I'm going to be in a pretty jolly place. My moon is going to be. I don't remember I think the moon is. It's in like a positive aspect to Jupiter, which is jovial, and it's outgoing, so I know that that's going to be a good month. Of course, I looked for my book launch, and by the way, when I do any type of a book latnch, I'm always looking at the aspects for me to see is this going to be a good time for the book. And sometimes you don't have a choice in the matter. Sometimes you do, and this time I didn't. But it looks like the date has been a very good date.
Speaker 5: Yay, that's a wonderful thing to hear. Yes, I didn't have any control it all over that.
Speaker 4: A lot of times you don't. And the Little Return also was interested with it. It also is associated with the public, so I use it a lot for business astrology. So when I was looking at my little return for next month, when I'm going on the tour, I'm like, oh my god, tours are so hard, very stressful for me. I have a hard time with them. But seeing that the moment is in a good aspect is also letting me know, Okay, girl, you're gonna be okay, You're going to be fine. So that's what I have to remember. I'm going to be fine. I'm going to get through the tour. I will survive. The public is going to be friendly.
Speaker 5: You got this.
Speaker 4: That also helps me to know that going into the next month, emotionally, I can feel safe, which is important to me when I'm on the road, feeling emotually safe because i mean, you know, as authors, sometimes parasocial relationships can be a little scary.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah for sure.
Speaker 1: And we've got a lot of weird astrological stuff going on. Can you tell us what your opinion is on this urineus movement into Gemini because I'm reading very positive stuff and very scary stuff.
Speaker 4: Okay. So one of the things I like to when I used to teach astrology in person back in the day is really working on being as neutral as possible, and that makes you to look at the good. You can't just look at oh my god, this is got to be great. You also have to look at the potential for negativity. If you're only looking at one or the other, that's not a full picture. And that also doesn't leave free will into account. And there are some people. If you're someone who has very negatively inclined and you're a pessimist, you're only going to see that negative. And if you are someone who only is a positive we call it spiritual bypassing, you're only going to see that. Neither one is going to be helpful at all but the people that you read for. So what we always want to do is offer a little bit of okay, if this is like, how can manifest in a good way? This some of the challenges. Now, let's be like Tim Gunn and make it work. Urus in Gemini. First of Allureness has been in Tourus now for seven years. The last time Urness was in Tourus was during the Great Depression, and so a lot of times when Uriness is in Tourus, what happens is we have upheavals with finances, We have a greater gap between the rich and the poor, which did happen under the sureness return. We have our resources also getting disrupted. There's also a potential for more awareness about the earth. There's a potential for more people to make money, maybe in novel new ways. So there's a lot of good that can come out of it. And when I look at the correlations between Uraness and Tours, in the last time I was Intours and this recent one, I'm like, well, we didn't go through the Great Depression, but the gap between the rich and the poor has gotten very wide, and we are back to the nineteen twenties where they call that the Roaring twenties, where there were a lot of really super wealthy people and everybody else was going without. And that was not a good time until FDR came along. So maybe it was Gernis in Gemini. We make it an FDR. Who knows, but euris in Gemini? So what is it all about? Eurics isn't really like being in tours because you just wants to disrupt and Taurus says no, I want to be stable. So it is a very challenging aspect period in my opinion, but again, good can come out of it. You can make more money in novel ways. You could be innovative and the way you're making money is good for making money on the internet. In this last iteration, Urness is much happier in Gemini, much much happier in Gemini, because Gemini is weird, you know, speaking as a Gemini, and Uriness is all about innovation and weird in quickness and future orientation and disruptions, which in my opinion is very very Gemini energy. Geminis do not mind chass and they like things to shake up a little bit because they hate being bored. So with Uriness being in Gemini, what we can see is Urinus, the plan of disruption, rebellion, revolution is going to be making changes in the Gemini wrul themes, communication, media, transportation. We could be seeing great changes in how people are expressing themselves. Literature can go through, the publishing industry could go through big changes. Neighborhoods could also be ready for an upgrade or some sort of a change. So how could that work out? Well, again, it depends if AI is going to be very problematic. You're just in Geni I. We're going to see a lot of this AI. These data centers, people might be pushing back because again there's rebellion, but that could also be disrupting our climate. However, we might also see advances in air and wind type of insular type of energy, especially if these data centers continue doing the horrible things they're doing. Will there be bad things? Yeah, I mean the data centers and these oligarchs are doing some really horrible things that we should all be concerned about. We need to be speaking out about that. But at the same time, oftentimes that can really create this movement for people to speak up and find their voice, which is a Gemini thing, and get out there and maybe make some noise and stop some of this stuff. Though, we should see advances in technology, transportation, communication, media. I think independent media is going to become huge. And not only do we have to be careful of AI, the other thing we have to be very careful about is disinformation. We are living in nineteen eighty four now, it's going to be bad. And so one of the things that I've been advocating for people to do is learn about media literacy. Media literacy and civics should be taught in school. It's not anymore. Hey, listen, there's no better time to do it now. Learn about media literacy, learn how to fact check, learn how to discern the use the difference between AI and real writing and art, and speak up and push against it. Don't use chat GPT, don't give it that energy. Think with your brain. I mean, usual your darn knock and you got one for a reason. I was talking you on I think I was doing last night. You know, a while back, my sister's friends with some of these questionable people I don't know how from high school. And one of these guys posted in propaganda. Came on there and I said, we'll cite your sources. I've never talked to this guy, and he comes back with this Facebook post from Glenn Beck, and I'm like, number one as a Facebook post. Number two is Glenn Beck. He's not a reliable source, and you're not giving facts. I need your facts. And then I gave a whole thing explaining how media literacy works. This guy got really intimidated, so sar arguing with other people because he didn't want to come with facts. All he wanted was to come with these Facebook posts. And this is what we have to be careful of that. And also there's a book called the theft of expertise. I was talking about this recently too. I think I was took about last night. Actually, the death of expertise means we have now fought against anti There's been so much anti intellectualism and all this anti science and all this anti experts. And you've got these people now that go on Facebook and they think they are experts, and they are presenting information that is faulty, that is false, that is not ridorously fact checked. Now, anybody who writes for a living has to do a lot of research. It's part of our job. So it's frustrating to see this out there. And I think with Uranus and Gemini, we're going to see a lot of disinformation, propaganda AI and these are going to be the things we really want to work on. And the rise of independent journalism is going to be a good thing. New forms of media will be a good thing. As the Oligards have taken over all of our media sources, we might see more people starting up new things, and I think that's going to be very important. So will there be good yes, will there be bad yes? And one of the things you're going to be hearing too from a lot of astrologers is, well, the last time Uranus was a Gemini was a war. It's associated with war. And here's the thing. We are always in a war. When have we not been in a war? That's the dumbest prediction ever, because there's always some idiot that wants to go and take something that doesn't belong to them or start some more of our belief system. We have never not been in a war. I mean, when Uranus was in Taurus. What about what's happening in the Sudan and what's happening over in Gaza and lovan on that that was started during Uranus and Taurus. So why are people now bringing this up like this is gonna be some bad thing. We're always in war. And when I point that out, I get astrologers mad at me. But I'm like, that's common sense. We have never not been in a war, and I would like it one day. I don't know about y'all, but I'm like, one day not to have a war going on, to really at peace and let people live their lives and not be bombing the heck out of folks, even folks I don't agree with. I'm just done with it.
Speaker 1: Well said and I love, I love everything you said, but we have to take our last break.
Speaker 2: But we'll be right back.
Speaker 1: Hey everyone, I am so excited to share that I'll be teaching with the Eggar Casey Aar at the Wild Acres Retreat Center in Little Switzerland, North Carolina this summer. Nestled in the mountains, It's a beautiful wooded enclay perfect for spiritual studies, rest, and rejuvenation. From August twentieth to the twenty third, I'll be teaching about working with the chakras to open enclosure intuitive channels, how to overcome doubts and fears and tune into your energy field, and how to discern between ego and true intuitive nudges. There'll be lots of in person intuitive exercises, partner work, and so much more. To check it out, go to Edgarcasey dot org and click the Upcoming events tab. I'll post a link on our Psychic Teachers Facebook page two. And if you're enjoying this episode on dreams, I'd love for you to check out my book on the Magical Power of Our Dreams. When you order from my website, you get a personally signed copy of the book. Fun stickers a bookmark, and a free crystal Check it all out at Samantha Fay dot com. Welcome back, Teresa. I'm so excited to share this book with everyone. I have a question that doesn't have anything to do with returns, but I've just always been curious about it. With astrology, I read that if you were born during a retrograde, whether it's mercury or venus, then when that retrograde happens throughout your life, it has the opposite effect on you. Do you think that's true?
Speaker 4: That depends it's going to be different case the case. That's too much generalization.
Speaker 5: Okay.
Speaker 4: I had met people that have mercury retrogrades in their charts and like, well, you know, when retrograds come along, I never have a problem. But I've met other people say, oh god, no, they're even worse for me. They're like ten times worse because mine's already retrograde. So it's going to depend on the person. I think that's a big generalization.
Speaker 1: Okay, good because a listener we had an astrologer on years ago and she had mentioned that, and the listener emailed me this link and because she was born during a venus retrograde. And this person had written, You're going to have struggles with low the rest of your life if you're born during a you know. I was like, no, it can't be that absolute.
Speaker 4: Okay. First of all, with astrology in general, one of the things you'll hear me say a lot astrology is a theory. Even your natal chart, this is a theory. It's a roadmap of where you may go. But there are all kinds of routes you can take. One of the things that I've got told very early on was you're never going to find love. You've got saturned in the fifth house. It's terribly aspected. It's going to be very, very hard for you to find relationships. I've never had trouble finding love ever. I've never, in fact, I've had trouble getting rid of dudes, you know. So it's been the opposite. It's been the opposite because what that person failed to take an account despite my terrible aspects, is they weren't looking at the other avenues. Like one of the avenues in my chart is I have areas on the seventh house, cusp. And that told me, if I'm assertive, I'll never have trouble and I'm very assertive. When I see someone I like, I never try letting them know. I've never been without somebody interested or in a relationship, and I've been with my current partner for over thirty years. So it didn't work out the way it's been predicted. And by the way, that was not the only astrologer who told me that. I had another astrology too who was like telling me, basically, I don't understand relationships well, and I'm like, I've been in a relationship for years. It's very strange because if you look at things from a generalization like that, you're not giving people the opportunity to express free will. So if I would have done my chart for me back in the day, like if I was reading for somebody who had a chart like that, I'd be looking and say, you know what, you need to make very mindful choices about who you have as a partner. Make sure you're being discerning, and if you are a little assertive and let people know what you feel, that's going to really help open you up to possibilities. So be assertive, but be discerning. That would be my advice, because I wasn't very discerning, by the way, you know, so some mistakes were made, but I mean the whole way that that could have been interpreted could have really been more helpful instead of this doom and glow stuff. I can't stand that. That's like telling somebody when you're definitely going to be famous, well, you don't know. They might choose a different thing. They may have fame in their chat, but they may make a different choice. But we always have to remember as astrologers and terror readers too, prediction is an art form and it always requires we're looking at the potential of where this could go, but we're always reminding the person that they're in the driver's seat. If you don't like where this is going, take a different route. But if you like where this is going, let's keep going and let's even make it better. So that's a chart is potential. It's the same like with the Pluto return. You know, the Pluto return for the United States came along. We've got our first black president. I'm like, oh good, I like the way this is going. I was pretty excited, and then everything else happened and I was like, oh my god. The backlash. I didn't expect. It was pretty shocking, actually, because initially it looked good. I thought, Okay, well this is looking yeah. And what I did realize with the Pluto return until after I had time to sit with it and study it, was the thing that we were going to be dealing with was the possible frame of our democracy. And that's where we are right now. We're fighting. We're out of our Pluto return, but we are fighting for our democracy. That's what we got left with. And that's interesting because Pluto will often tear something down to the nubs before you can rebuild something, so we are down to the nubs, and that's what ended up happening. But it certainly looked like it was going in a different direction because astrology's theory and a lot of astrologers were thinking the same thing and wow, yeah, that's so true.
Speaker 1: But urine this might be able to help with that. Speaking of urine as changing everything, did you guys see the article last week about how they've approved flying cars. No, yeah, and they're seeing.
Speaker 4: There's a rotis and gentlemen, I think, right, that's what.
Speaker 1: I was thinking when you were talking and they were saying they're going to be available in five years, who knows.
Speaker 4: But I don't like flying, so You're not going to see me in one, Samantha.
Speaker 1: Ever, No, I know, I couldn't imagine We'll be in the Jetsons.
Speaker 3: And I see Blade Runner and remember the flying cars and Blade Running. I remember Blade Runner, Love Blade Runner. You know, of course it was Philip Dick who actually wrote the book that that came from. The movie is actually set in twenty nineteen. I don't remember what year it came out, but considerably earlier than that. And you look at it now and you think exactly what you're saying, Teresa. Here we are really heading into replicants. I mean we've seen droids walk down hallways and major places, and now we've got flying cars and oh, you know, Octavia Butler.
Speaker 5: Was right, That's all I know to say about that.
Speaker 4: Yes, and even think about Star Trek. I mean where they were like talking on these little things in their ears and here we are having this conversation. I got a little earbod. I mean, my cell phone's like a little computer that I can talk to people and see their face. Think about that for a second, Star Trek, Blade Runner, all these things. But Uran just in Gemini Transportation, Yeah, that's flying cars. It's just not going to be me and one of those. Nope, I got my little hybrid Toyota. I'm sticking with that.
Speaker 3: Very happy to be having. There are very few things left one can control, and the steering wheel is one of them.
Speaker 5: The other is old fashioned checks.
Speaker 4: I do too.
Speaker 5: Oh my god, I don't.
Speaker 4: That's so funny, Depp, because I was thinking. I was thinking, gee, I really need to go to the program and put everything online like my kids, and I had my car payment down there and I was going to do it, and then I hesitated, and I told my husband just this morning, you must be a mind reader. I said, you know, I'm sticking with checks. I really like writing them out. There's something about it, and I want to do the.
Speaker 3: Whole thing because it gives me a little illusion of control. Yes, and you know, everything's not always online, and it's okay with me that it's not.
Speaker 4: I also don't like too many people on an access to my bank account. Know me either, I'm weird about it.
Speaker 1: Okay, Well, since we have you on here and you are the Taro lady, I wanted to ask you deb recently tell the story about the card and how you never saw that image on the card. I just want to know if Teresa has had that experience.
Speaker 3: You know, you and I both have been doing this for how many years now, million millionaire.
Speaker 2: That's the four checks were about.
Speaker 3: Exactly Debti.
Speaker 4: Listen, you all don't be judging debitai or old school and there's nothing wrong with that.
Speaker 3: True, exactly true. So I'm looking at the Six of Cups the Waite Smith, yeah, version right, And there are those two characters there in front of the wall and the castle thing in the background behind the gate behind the wall, there is a figure walking away and somebody pointed it out to me recently and asked me to tell them what that meant. And I thought, I don't know that I ever paid him any mind. So I looked at that and I thought, okay, I don't remember ever reading anything about this aspect of this key. So I checked your books, I checked Eden Gray, I checked a look at Whatevers, and I can't find anything about that character.
Speaker 5: What am I missing?
Speaker 4: Okay? Well, you know, the Six of Cumps, first of all, has a lot to say about nostalgia or hauling children family, and also it has something to say about securities, so that can represent the guard who's really guarding the children on the garden. So it does have this feeling of security and there's protection there. But the guard he's walking away. Well, but he might be walking towards the gate. We don't no the wonderful thing about I'm grabbing the card here, the wonderful thing And so she talk about that little guy in the background here exactly. I mean, there's so many different ways you can interpret a cards. So we can look at it as protection. We can look at it as somebody's being asked to leave a situation. It depends on the interpretation, you know. But I often see him as a guard, especially because he's got that big staff in his hand. It can be a symbol of protection. It can be a symbol of your safe. You're secure now. So oftentimes that is how I interpret that. It's so interesting that you said that because recently I was like teaching a class and solos talking about the six. We're doing the six of Wands for some reason, and someone said, did you notice there's a one figure in there who's giving the guy on the horse the side eye. I'm like, what, I've looked at these cards for how many years? And so when you look at it, there's one guy in the background who's kind of like looking up like he wants to knock him off his high horse. And it just open me up to other interpretations. And that's the wonderful thing about Terrell. You never stop discovering little things in there. So what does this dit? Is he on guard? What is he guarding? Is this a parent leaving the children in the garden? Is his job done? Is this somebody who was told to leave the situation? Did she choose this other guy over him? There's so many ways you can interpret it, And saying with this card that one of the backgrounds was kind of God, what are they doing? Are they feeling they should be on that horse? Are they envious? Are they looking to do a cool We don't know. It's going to depend on the reading and the interpretation. But the brilliant thing is we never stop discovering things.
Speaker 3: We really don't In fact, I had I did not discover this that somebody in one of my courses did in the gown that the figure in the temperance key is wearing oh the yoke the gown. If you blow it up, there's the Hebrew word for yahweh.
Speaker 4: Oh. Really, well, now I've got a look. I did not know that me. I love sharing this stuff. We're almost learning. And that's the wonderful thing about tarot and astrology. For folks who want to really grow your brain, these are ways to do it. They're helping you to carve new neural and intuitive pathways. Okay, so I'm going to have to go. Oh, I see where you're talking. Rights on top of the yoke, right across the yoke of the gown. The figure I see it. If you enlarge it, it's the Hebrew.
Speaker 1: Well. I love about your workbook because you can color it in yourself and it makes you kind of highlight some of these differences.
Speaker 4: The Tarot coloring book blows it all up. And you know the thing is, when I did the Tarot coloring books, we're actually going to be working on a reissue of it. But when I blew some of those images off, I was like, wait a minute, I never saw this before. I've been looking at taro for X amount of years.
Speaker 5: What I learned something all the time, And I'm so grateful for that, aren't you.
Speaker 4: Yes, I don't want to be stale or stagnant. I had an aunt who pass away. She had Alzheimer's. And after she passed away, she came to me in a dream. And in the dream she was out in the rain and I let her in the house. I set her down. I was combing her hair, and she said, here's the key to Alzheimer's. You have to do something different every day. Don't do the same thing every day, and you won't get Alzheimer's. And she did everything the same every day, the same routine, the same route. I mean, everything was the same. He never did anything outside per usual routine. So that dream stuck with me. And I always try to learn something new, read something different, discover something every day because I want my brain to be strong and healthy. And that's why I don't like AI.
Speaker 2: What a beautiful message. Wow, absolutely, I love that. I'm going to remember that. How do you use to row on a daily basis?
Speaker 4: Just for you?
Speaker 2: Just selfishly for Teresa.
Speaker 4: I like my card for the day. I like pulling the card for reflection. Sometimes I'll use it for learning, sometimes just to engauge the temperature of what's going on, and sometimes also by the situation that's really really you know, getting under my skin. I reach for the cards. The cards not necessarily from prediction, but just to make sure that I'm understanding a situation, because when you understand something, you're far more likely to deal with it better.
Speaker 3: And don't you find patterns emerging as the days go on, you say, oh, look, this is what's.
Speaker 4: Happening here with yes And back when I used to read for the public, what was really interesting. I don't know if you've had this experience. I would find when I was in the middle of a certain thing in my life, I suddenly started having clients who had the same problem, and they were getting all the same cards that I was getting, And I'm like, they're shuffling these cards. It's not me shuffling them. Why, It's like we were going through it together. It was very weird.
Speaker 1: No, We've talked about that before so many times on the show, off the show, and to me, it really reflects one of those universal laws of like.
Speaker 2: But it's also made me realize, am I.
Speaker 1: Doing these readings to be of service to others or for me? Because so many times I'd be going through something in my life, I'd meet clients going through the same thing. I'd hear the advice in the cards, I'd hear the advice from their guides. I'd hear me saying it, and I'd go, oh, dang, that's good, that's helpful.
Speaker 3: It would help me writes for you. You know, some years ago I was doing a reading for a friend and I laid up a Celtic cross and it made.
Speaker 5: No sense, absolutely whatsoever.
Speaker 3: And so I looked at him and I said, I don't know where to go with what's I'll tell you what I've got in front of me, but I don't know what it means. And he was also a reader, and he looked at me and he shook his head and he said, trade seats with me, and I said wow. But we switched sides of the table and he did the reading for me, and it.
Speaker 5: Was I mean, it was right there in front of us.
Speaker 4: I love stories like that, isn't I think? Oh yeah. I mean that's why Tara was so magical. You know, we come into it with this curiosity. It shows us things, and sometimes it shows us the one thing we don't expect, and it can play with us, it can trick us, and it's never going to bore us, never, never, never.
Speaker 2: You're just so inspiring.
Speaker 1: And I want everyone to hear again that you started this prolific writing career in your fifties.
Speaker 4: Yep.
Speaker 1: I mean that's fifth an all list in the show notes all of your books.
Speaker 2: What are you working on now?
Speaker 4: Well, I just turned in manuscript number ten. It's a book I'm writing. I'm very excited about it because I've got all kinds of little things I do for writing, so I'm going to be excited to share my processes with the world. That book is coming out next year, next May. It's called The Magic Pen, so you're going to want to keep an eye on that.
Speaker 1: Wait, have we seen glimpses of that and some of your soft post?
Speaker 4: Oh on my subject post, I might have mentioned it. Okay, if you have.
Speaker 1: One about writing for the metaphysical market.
Speaker 4: Yep, that's so good. I have a substack called the Metaphysical Author's Confident, and it really is all about writing, and I interview different you know, like metaphysical authors. I talk about things like you know how to spell, and also about marketing. Marketing is very important and the publishing process. Sometimes I'll cavatch about things that are happening in the publishing world and how it affects us as metaphysical authors. So I wanted to give a resource for people who are writing metaphysical books.
Speaker 3: Will you say the name of the substec again, Teresa Plas.
Speaker 4: Yeah, the subject is called the Metaphysical Author's Confidential.
Speaker 3: I have a new book coming out next year too. Ooh, I'm going to subscribe to you just from stack.
Speaker 4: Thank you. What's your new book.
Speaker 3: The new book looks at how we work our way through a course of a year with working with the elements and the directions.
Speaker 4: Amazing. Congratulations, thank you, thank you, thank you.
Speaker 1: Congratulations to you because this is such a great book. Yeah, we'll definitely post it all over social media. But I think everyone's going to get a lot out of this and if they are new to astrology, mention your first book on astrology.
Speaker 4: Yes, the first book on astrology is called Astrology for Real Life. Actually I got a little copy setting right here. The Astrology for Real Life will give you all the basics. I have another book called Twister Fate, which combines taro in Astrology for Success. It's a very helpful book that's a little more advanced, and it's going to give you applied astrology and applied terrell. And then the Book of Astrological terms is all about that pattern recognition so that once again we can move with the cycles and not swim extreme, but move with the currents for our best lives.
Speaker 5: Wonderful.
Speaker 2: I love that. Thank you so much for coming on the show.
Speaker 1: Definitely want to have you back on even before the tenth book is coming out, but definitely when your writing book comes out. Any events you want to.
Speaker 4: Promote Right now, I'm hitting the road May twenty third, and I'm going to be at the Boston Tea Room in Ferndale, Michigan, find his Metaphysical Shock in the Michigan area. And on June twentieth, I'm going to be in Ipschwitz, Massachusetts. I said that write a title Passages Bookshop, and June twenty first at the Copper Dog Bookstore in Beverly, Massachusetts. So those are all the things I'm going to be doing. And then once I get back home, I am going to be teaching a class called Astrology Made Simple. It's a five week live class on Zoom and you're going to get all the foundational information so that way when an astrologer says Jupiter's retrograde, you know what we're talking about.
Speaker 2: Dev Leady to sign up for that.
Speaker 5: We do, Samantha, we sure did.
Speaker 4: It's a fun class.
Speaker 5: It'll be fun.
Speaker 2: I love it. Thank you so so much.
Speaker 3: It's sorry, such a joy to talk to you, and we are so honored to have your time with us. And congratulations on this book. I hope it snes really really well.
Speaker 4: Thank you. I hope it makes an impact. And thank you so much for having me. This has been a pleasure anytime. I'm always ready to jam with you. Tue, oh God.
Speaker 1: Weird, truly truly fans. Thank you guys so so much for listening. We hope you have a beautiful week where all the stars align perfectly for you. Be the light for yourself and others.
Speaker 5: Take care everyone.
Speaker 1: Hi, thank you for listening to Psychic Teachers, your podcast for seekers, light workers, mystics, and magical thinkers. If you like the show, please tell a friend or leave us a review wherever you listen to your podcast. For more information, check out our Facebook page Psychic Teachers, or our websites Samantha Fay dot com and Deb Bowen dot com. Thanks for listening and have a great week.