Speaker 1: Hey guys, Hey guys, and welcome to episode seventeen. I'm Mike and I'm Austin and this is a Strange Thing podcast, Very strange, all right, Austin. So we're back for another discussion on our favorite topic, at least for this week, which is what rock, Strange rock, strange rock rock.
Speaker 2: You look at me, weird.
Speaker 1: I'm listening.
Speaker 3: You're just you're just you're not going to participate. You're gonna just watch me talk.
Speaker 1: No, letting you talk. I'm not going to interrupt.
Speaker 3: Okay, well, well let's let's just we should just do an overview of the last couple of weeks.
Speaker 1: I agree.
Speaker 3: So Episode one of Strange Rocks was about what let's hear.
Speaker 1: Your tait a new hope, A new hope, Yeah, but it was a rocky place. Episode one was about our trip to Melba.
Speaker 3: Yeah for map Rock, which was our kickoff. And map Rock if you are just joining us and haven't heard the first episode, or if you have joined us but forgot.
Speaker 2: Bless you geez.
Speaker 3: Map Rock is a large rock about what about thirty miles away from here in Meridian, Idoh, where our studio is, and on that rock is a giant petroglyph, a bunch of rock art, or they call it scratch art. Yeah, rock scratch and but these are unique because they have supposedly been around for a long long time. The estimates are up to fourteen thousand years. But it is a map. It is it is like.
Speaker 1: It's supposedly a map.
Speaker 3: It is estimated and estimated and pontificated that it is a map. Wow, And it's a map pontificatedly the Snake River Plane.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: If it is a map and it's debatable, then it is the oldest map known map in the world.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: It is a very hard piece of cartography. It's rock hard, rock card cartography.
Speaker 2: So we started.
Speaker 3: Off talking about that because that was a weird thing that was so close to us, and it was kind of fun.
Speaker 1: It is weird.
Speaker 2: And we hopped into the van.
Speaker 3: It was our first drive in the IDV Investigation Destination Vehicle and we just got it. And it's kind of a really old box van that I found. It's got two hundred and fifteen thousand miles on it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but it's a Chevy Room Forever boat type.
Speaker 3: Yeah, alf motor. But anyway, we drove all the way down there and it didn't blow up, and we just we didn't put anything in the back really except for some camera equipment, and we we we went to the rock and looked at it, took some pictures, and we went and had an altercation with a rattlesnake, and then we packed up and went home and we did our podcast on that, and then we talked a little bit about other locations close by that also has a lot of petroglyphs.
Speaker 2: And then episode two.
Speaker 1: We speculated hard.
Speaker 2: We did. We did some hard speculation.
Speaker 3: We got into the weeds a little bit on iconography and rock art and that maybe they're not just rock art, maybe they're actually a very complex idiogram centric kind of emoji. Yeah, emoji and icon So it was basically a communication system that didn't use like alpha numeric kind of symbols, and it wasn't word based, and it was something that was what they called a language of the mind, which meant that it just bypassed the need to have spoken or written language. You didn't have to read it and then interpret it into a word and then have that word process the meaning it. It was just a meaning. When you see these things, they are just meaning. So that was pretty interesting. We talked a little bit about martineau lvaugh or Levan, I'm not sure which way you pronounce it, and how he had a unique life and a unique kind of position where he was able to possibly find a very scientific method for interpreting the iconic structures of petroglyphs. And so this episode we thought we'd get in a little more in the weeds about what petro cliffs are. And for those of you that haven't seen him, all you have to do is look up petroglyphs and you're gonna get a butt load of these things. One thing kind of unique about him is that they share lot of common imagery. And it doesn't matter if it's North America, South Amdical North America, South America, up in Canada, Peru, I don't know, pennsyl Tucky way down south, or if you're in the Middle East, or if you're in Egypt, or if you're in Australia Boswana.
Speaker 2: A lot of.
Speaker 3: These things are the same. The symbols that you see are very much the same. And not only that, we talked a little bit about that they are contemporary, so it's not like things were happening here two thousand years after it happened in Egypt. These things were simultaneous. They were going on in different continents at the same time. And that's very interesting too, because a lot of these have very strong similarities.
Speaker 2: Mm hmm.
Speaker 1: So everybody's kind of getting the same yeah, seeing the same thing and recording similar things at the same.
Speaker 3: Time, right, And what's really weird about that. That kind of suggests that they have the same genesis, that they have the same starting point, that they shared a common ancestry, I guess, is what you'd say. And that's a mind blower because we're talking about it's not like the you know, a one continent world called Pangaea where everybody was all together and all of a sudden everything split apart and then there were people, you know, one hundred years later after they split apart, that we're doing the same things because they had the same technology in the same ancestry. So anyway, so you have these people's doing these similar things in different locations across the world. So, right, there is a strange thing that you could go down some very weird rabbit holes on and I think we should venture there just a little bit.
Speaker 1: I think we should test the waters in the rabbit hole?
Speaker 3: Yeah, so what why is there water in the rabbit hole?
Speaker 2: You had to go.
Speaker 3: To the bad Yeah? Why are they happening at the same time? I mean, you try to come up with a theory something happened.
Speaker 1: It's just the natural progression of humanity.
Speaker 2: You see. That could be it too, like oh, I.
Speaker 1: Stubbed my toe. I'm gonna put something near because I keep my stubbing my toe here. Yeah, and then other people come over and they're like, man, why is that thing there? And he's like, oh, I'm tired of explaining it. I'll like show a foot hitting that thing and everybody. I went with a weird example, but I think you understand that it's it's just like a natural progression to do, like make up a symbol for something.
Speaker 3: For the environment that you live in, and how to communicate.
Speaker 1: Like everybody does it kind of naturally. Even my kid, like he wants something, he reades for it. That's how you know he wants something because he's reaching. It's a similar kind of thing.
Speaker 3: And if you don't have a written language, like some some kind of alpha numeric kind of language, you can't write it down like in language that people can read, and if they spoke a different language, it wouldn't make any sense to him anyway. So if you have an icon icon, if you have an iconographic system, then you can communicate across language barriers. So yeah, so maybe they develop those things simultaneously because it was a way that they could communicate and humans are smart, so they just naturally did it. Maybe maybe, So another possibility. And if you look in like the Biblical narratives you have in the time of a Peleg where it says that the languages the continent split, and then you also have the Tower of Babel where prior to the Tower of Babbel everybody supposedly spoke the same language and then they were dispersed and everybody spoke different languages right in that narrative. So maybe you had that kind of scattering system at some point in time. So even though they could not speak the same language, they could still use iconographic methods and body language or sign language to communicate. Maybe that was their workaround, right, could be I don't know, so, I mean, we're just guestimating here, but it's fun. So you could get really creepy here. You could say UFOs dragons in every major culture. You have these legends and mythologies about visitors from a different world or outer space who come down as gods and they interact with humanity, and then when they interact with humanity they give them special knowledge and abilities. And then you also have these kind of I don't know what we call gods that came down and hung out with humans. They also, and a lot of the legends and mysticisms, get excited when they see human women and they think of bow wow, check of bow wow, and they take as many of them as they want, and they pro create and they have these hybrid offspring.
Speaker 2: Nice. Yeah.
Speaker 3: So these legends are all over the place. They're in Native American mythologies, they're in South American mythologies, they're in Middle Eastern mythologies, they're everywhere Asian mythologies.
Speaker 1: It's in there, you can find it.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: So I don't know, maybe all of this stuff is kind of tied together. Maybe this outflux of this iconic nonverbal language of the mind is a remnant of these interactions with beans from a different dimension or outer space or whatever that came here gave us that also, and also they they gave us like a way to communicate that maybe they didn't have before. Now this is like totally out there weird, weird stuff, but hey, this is a strange thing, strange thing, so we're gonna talk a little bit about the potential of strange things and anyway, So that's creepy deal. Okay, Now, let's pull out of the rabbit hole, let's ascend, let's rise ethereally towards the heavens and plant our feet on solid ground, or maybe.
Speaker 2: It's a simulation of solid ground.
Speaker 3: Which pillar are you gonna swallow? Red pill or blue pill? Anyway, So now we got all of these rocks all over the world that have rock, scratch or art on them, and we're not talking about pictographs because that's a different thing. That's when they paint on rocks. Austin, you had a hard time.
Speaker 1: With that, didn't you?
Speaker 2: Did you did? Last time?
Speaker 3: You had a didn't heck of a hard time, harder than stone, that's how hard of the time you had with this. But pictographs are painted on rocks, or rather things. Petroglyphs are chiseled or scratched rocks.
Speaker 1: Pictograph you add material, petroglyph you take away material. That was what I said, and that's pretty much hitting the nail on the head.
Speaker 2: Picked a petra.
Speaker 3: Pricks, picked a peck of pickled rocks. Yeah, we've got these rocks all over the planet that have been chiseled on or scratched on, and lo and behold, guess what. A lot of them have the same or similar kinds of iconography. Iconography iconography, iconography which is which is weird? Some of those We're gonna talk a little bit about some of those things with those symbols.
Speaker 2: To me that are shared across the contents.
Speaker 3: All right, but before we get there, do we want to tell them what we did?
Speaker 2: What did we do this last weekend?
Speaker 1: We tried to find some rocks.
Speaker 2: Well, we found a lot of rocks.
Speaker 1: We just found one and it scratched my elbow.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you didn't find anywhere with petroglyphs on it. Austin just pulled up his shirts and showed me this gigantuan bruise on his I mean I missed if I'm part of me is like enthralled with looking at the big giant bruise on your thigh.
Speaker 2: The other parts like wow, white.
Speaker 3: And why are you showing and pulling your shorts up so high.
Speaker 1: I don't showing you it is.
Speaker 2: It's a nasty breeze. He's got a lot of.
Speaker 1: Contrast between the dark purple well and the light white leg.
Speaker 3: Why and how did you get that bruise, Austin? Maybe that'll be a good segue.
Speaker 1: Well, we went out into the desert on what to a place called Initial Point in initially that's where we started.
Speaker 2: We got a bruise.
Speaker 1: Nice anyway, We went to Initial Point in the.
Speaker 3: IDV Investigation Destination vehicle.
Speaker 1: And inside the IDV were two I D mvs no Investigation Destination mini vehicles.
Speaker 2: I guess that kind of works.
Speaker 1: Motor vehicles.
Speaker 3: We rolled the motorcycles and in the desert we got a gigantuan Why ramped so now we can just drive the bikes right up into the.
Speaker 2: Back of the box van.
Speaker 1: Pretty sweet.
Speaker 3: We strapped him down, We took him out into the desert, which was about We drove about what twenty five miles out there? Yeah, and then we found a nice.
Speaker 1: Dirty, dirty dust parking area.
Speaker 3: And we unloaded the bikes and we went for long, probably about thirty five miles. It's fun and Austin crashed once, but he was okay.
Speaker 1: I think the handlebar smacked me in the head and gave me that bruise.
Speaker 3: But all I know is that I was staying back a little bit because I let you go ahead, and you went around the corner. I saw a big puffet dust and you're standing up with your arms in They're like, oh, dude, down and it was kind of upside down a little bit and laying down into the ditch, and so it's really hard to pick that thing up on a steep.
Speaker 1: Hill with the rut right there. It was above me. When I stood up, like.
Speaker 3: I was, some gas filled down a little bit and the oil is kind of dripping a little bit. I had to like get off my bike, which you know, didn't fall over, and I had to walk up to him and help him lift it because there's no way on that incline that you could have got it up and held it.
Speaker 1: I could have done it. It's actually not that I don't know.
Speaker 2: I thought we did pretty good.
Speaker 1: It's funny way going. Dad's motorcycles like this kind of more dirt bikey looking thing, and it's like when he goes, and then mine's like.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, you're more of a windy bike, and mine is more sound like the Jetsons, something like that. Well, you have two cylinders. I have one, right, I just have one big cylinder. You have two small cylinders.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and you're you're cylinder's bigger than my two combined.
Speaker 2: That's what she said. But I can't believe I said that. All right.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we had a great titles going out and rode around and spent a day out in the sun.
Speaker 2: It was very hot, and.
Speaker 3: He's like squeaking and bult and he's behind the weird body is talking.
Speaker 2: Something's going on. Yeah, but we had fun. See you're a little budget. We are not. You're talking about this kind of stuff.
Speaker 3: And if you have any illusions that we have money and are buying like really nice equipment, na, we're buying the best equipment that we can get for the money that we have.
Speaker 1: The cheapest best.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the cheapest best.
Speaker 3: And you know we're semi mechanical and creative in how we maintain things or create things, so that helps.
Speaker 2: But we don't have much money.
Speaker 1: Nope.
Speaker 3: So that's why when you look at the pictures and you kind of chuckle, because we're kind of like hickesh hi. Yeah, we're hickety yickity. Hey, that's the way we are, and that's why we rolled. Maybe someday, if we get a lot of listeners because you share us with lots of people, maybe we can make some money off this and maybe we'll buy some really good stuff.
Speaker 1: Yeah, if you guys want to put us in some GS twelve fifties or some yeah and with or Mercedes.
Speaker 3: I said the wrong, Yeah, the wrong German motor vehicle company.
Speaker 2: I'm sorry.
Speaker 1: If you guys want to give us the prototype for a BMW van, that's cool too.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, we'll try it out for you.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we better get back to our topic. Yeah, we had to just throw that out there. We're going to start down the trail of weirdness tonight a little bit. We were talking about that there are common symbols on petroglyphs about the world, so I thought it'd be fun just to go over just a few of them, not many, and they're going to get kind of weirder as we go along. So let's just start out with the common one that's almost on all of these petroglyphs, which are animals.
Speaker 1: Perfect.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they're usually like animals that are hunted or maybe ridden or you know that people hold as sacred, you know, those kinds of things. So you'll see birds, You'll see lots of like stock and yeah that they hunt and eat for protein, deer and antelope and that kind of stuff. And then you'll see horses, You'll see dogs, nice, You'll see all kinds of stuff like that. So there's like a lot of animals.
Speaker 2: Bears. I think there are bears.
Speaker 1: You ever seen that movie Brother Bear.
Speaker 3: In fact, I know there are bears because there are bear tribes and well they're spirit animals basically, So a lot of times you'll see these things, these creatures that aren't quite real creatures. They'll have extra things like wings or and those are like spirit animals or spirit guides that maybe are associated with like the medicine man of the tribe or the shaman or whatever. So another thing that you'll find on these are like different kinds of pic or I almost said pictograss scratch art that look like like a weird kind of boogeyman. And those are usually representations for the to some man or the shaman or whatever the tribe. And so they do all kinds of things. They ask for, you know, rain, they ask for help in hunting. You know, it's kind of like praying. And so those guys are there a lot on the pictograph on thelyphs, on the petroglyphs.
Speaker 1: Every time we mess up that word take a drink, Well, yeah.
Speaker 3: We could do that for our drinking game for those of you this episode. Yeah, for this episode only. If we mix up Picta and Petro, you can have a free beer drink. But there you go from us, not necessarily just take a drink yea of whatever you're drinking.
Speaker 1: What the like? Well, the guys on the stream thing podcast that we could have it for free because they messed up a sentence.
Speaker 3: All right, well we should probably you know, while we're here talking about the drinking game is so our drinking game is very simple. If we say but anyway, if we if you hear the dogs.
Speaker 2: Bark, if you hear the word, yeah, we haven't used that word.
Speaker 1: Been holding out. I'm waiting for somebody to.
Speaker 3: We really haven't had anything nefarious on these things.
Speaker 2: Yet to talk about, but we will. We're getting there, okay, So anyway.
Speaker 3: If you hear those words, then you get to take a drink. But also, while we're doing the podcast.
Speaker 1: If he says, picked a peppers. Yeah, yeah, we make up make.
Speaker 3: If we make up picked a petra, then you can have a drink pervect Okay, So where were we talking about before that?
Speaker 1: There's like shaman people that are displayed in these rocks, and then there.
Speaker 3: Are oh you're asking me, going on, we're gonna you've looked at some of these, you could probably. So you see a lot of like lines almost like Roman numerals. You'll see like a bunch of lines, or you'll see things like dots that are in like a like in a matrix kind of pattern.
Speaker 2: Which is really weird.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they'll just be like just like chisel dots. Yeah, but in a in a graph kind of structure. And I don't know what those mean. You guys can do research and find those if you want. Another thing that you'll see is a lot of humanoid figures. Makes sense, Yeah, And what's really strange about these and we'll go down this road a little bit more in a bit, but a lot of them have six fingers. WHOA, Yeah, so that makes people speculate a lot of things.
Speaker 2: A lot of the time that.
Speaker 3: You see a six fingered representation on a petroglyph They are large and they are strange.
Speaker 1: I got a reason for that. Okay, tribalism, right, they didn't really branch out to different tribes.
Speaker 3: Yeah, extra fingers because they know that's the British and bad teeth. Sorry, nope, that's not true. Actually they did. You know, the royal families. They tried to like keep it in the family.
Speaker 1: They're lizards.
Speaker 2: Well, it didn't work out very good.
Speaker 1: Their bad teeth is because they have reptiles.
Speaker 3: They are right with the you know, the secret hand signals, and if the light hits their eyes right, you can see they're actually serpentine.
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, rabbit hole jumping out of the rabbit hole. Okay. So yeah, so there are a lot of these.
Speaker 3: Kind of strange humanoid figures. Sometimes there are maybe the shaman or the medicine man, or sometimes there's something else. And a lot of times I'll have six fingers. I read some of the interpretation of that is that means that there are many people. So if you see a hand on a on a humanoid with six fingers, that just means there were multiple people.
Speaker 1: It's the plural form of people is dude with six fingers.
Speaker 2: Well, think about it.
Speaker 3: It's a lot easier to chisel one more finger than to do a whole bunch of characters.
Speaker 2: Okay, yeah, you know.
Speaker 3: Okay, so that's what they get. That's one of the things that I read. But I like the idea that maybe there's some more nefarious thing going on there.
Speaker 1: Well played, did you drink if you want so?
Speaker 3: Yeah, so you've got these weird things like that. Other things you'll see are spirals. Now, spirals are debated all over the place. Some people say, oh, that means that you're by water. Some people say, no, that's the sign of the cosmos and eternity and our role in a universe. Yeah, the Milky Way and that. You know, back then, they didn't have so many lights at night, so the sky was very vibrant and they would look up and they could see that everything rotated around the North Star. I guess if you were in this side of the hemisphere.
Speaker 2: So spirals are another thing you see everywhere.
Speaker 3: You see a lot of circles with dots in the middle, and sometimes out of those kind of like a nipple or a target.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you see a.
Speaker 3: Lot of nipples chiseled into the rocks, or it could be a wide eyeball, but it.
Speaker 2: Looks like that.
Speaker 3: So it's a circle with a chisel dot in the middle, and sometimes they're by their selves, and sometimes there are lines that come out of them at a certain an angle, and most of those they believe are water glyphs.
Speaker 1: Water glyphs, Yeah.
Speaker 3: Water glyphs, so they point to water. So if you see a circle and it's got a dot in the middle and then it's got a straight line out of the center of the circle, that chances are that could be a water glyph.
Speaker 1: And the line would point at water.
Speaker 3: Okay, yeah, So it's basically saying, if you're here, go that way, yeah, water this way.
Speaker 2: Cool.
Speaker 3: And the theory is with the circles and the dots that that means basically, you are here on that.
Speaker 1: Petroglyph, you are the circle.
Speaker 2: Do right.
Speaker 3: And so sometimes on some interpretations of the spirals they mean like if they go they go around and then end going up, that means go up, and if it's the other way, then it means go down. So and especially the directional directional kind of a compass type thing that we have on our maps. Now it's that kind of thing.
Speaker 1: Right, does it start on the outside.
Speaker 2: It starts on the inside.
Speaker 1: It starts on the inside and goes out.
Speaker 3: And if it starts on the outside and goes in, that means go down. But they both go clockwise. I know, it's confusing.
Speaker 1: I see what you mean.
Speaker 3: Yeah, look up spirals and and that and you'll you can see that they can go.
Speaker 1: To directions clockwise in or clockwise out is the same. Well, no, it's different.
Speaker 3: And then if you go out and then you get to the end of the spiral and then you have a straight line or it curves back over, that could mean that's the direction you go.
Speaker 1: That's weird. And then you go like up that direction.
Speaker 3: You go up, and then if it points, say to the north, then you go that way. And so spirals are are found all over the place. Martineau Levon Levan he is the one that kind of broke that code of the spirals as a directional device for finding the information in petroc glyphs. Right, So basically a lot of the petroc glyphs were like directional petroc glyphs that kind of pointed you to the next Petroc glyph that had more information, that pointed you to a giant panel that had the information that they wanted you to see. Yeah, so that's I mean spirals are there, and the dots with the circle in the middle that that is also usually the endpoint, So that means this is where the treasure is. That's like dot marks the spot. Yep, pretty much like that spot marks the spot. Yeah, So we had those a lot of these things. You'll see them. Another thing you see are a lot of parallel lines, right, and they can be connected with the line at the top, or they could have two lines at the top, or sometimes they're just free floating and those are usually interpreted as many. So it could be like if there's a figure of a human and then a bunch of those lines.
Speaker 1: There's like a bunch of people.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: And then if you see a long line with a human kind of attached to it, that means this is the path. And it could be a path like of you know, direction, but it could also be a path that you took to get to a place in your life, so it could it doesn't have to mean a location geographically. It could mean the situation that you're in in your life. So a person that made bad choices on a path of bad choices that the line could mean bad choices interesting, and then there were symbols for death and that kind of stuff.
Speaker 2: So those right, So those are there.
Speaker 3: You see like a lot of like weird patterns that are it's almost like a specific design pattern, almost like a floral pattern. It's kind of round, almost looks like flowers. And those are found in Ireland. They're also found down in Nevada, which the oldest known petroglyphs in North America, well actually in America's is outside of a place called Winnemucka Lake. And I'll put some pictures up on our website, and these things are supposed to be like really really really old crazy And what's really crazy is they match petrick glyphs that are in Ireland that are very very similar, and it just kind of makes you, what in the world, how do.
Speaker 1: They get on the same page, right? How do they get on the same rock yep?
Speaker 2: And they're the same age.
Speaker 1: That's weird.
Speaker 3: So were these chiseled by ancient peoples or was there some other kind of bean or creature that's chiseling on these things? So like the legend out of Winnemucka Lake and Nevada is that giants carved these things into the.
Speaker 2: Rocks, and something very similar is in Ireland. But we're not there yet. I want to go there yet.
Speaker 3: We're getting that, we're getting there. We're gonna get weird Irish giants. So we talked about dots and dots and circles and then the linear lines and I don't know, just get online, look up Petrick glyph. You're going to see tons of these. A lot of them are like especially down in like the southern Utah and Arizona and New Mexico and the desert areas down there, and they are probably a little bit younger than some of the other ones, but they have a lot more elaborate kinds of depictions of animals and medicinemen and shamans and those kind of things, and they're really really well done. They seem to be more sophisticated or more artistic something on other rocks. And there's a lot the things you see on the rocks are more recognizable as things where the stuff that we see on map rock, I mean, there are lots of lines and squiggles and circles and things like that. Maybe some spirals and maybe some antelopen deer, but the majority of it isn't anta open deer. Down in southern Utah and New Mexico and Arizona, and in California and Nevada, there are a lot more more slot machine creatures.
Speaker 2: Are slot machines. Yes, they'll not be something to see you, but there's slot machines ten thousand years old.
Speaker 3: So that kind of gets us to, you know, we're talking about these symbols that are maybe more recognizable, and we were talking about that a lot of these are common in the Americas and that a lot of them are common throughout the world. So I'm just going to throw one out there that's very common all across the Americas and actually all over the world, and that is serpents, snakes or winged serpents, winged serpents, dragons nightmare. Yes, Now, these things are everywhere, and there's a lot of mythology around them. So up until this point, a lot of the things we're talking about aren't necessarily mythological. They're just things that they see in everyday life.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and directional and meaning right.
Speaker 3: Right, So we're turning the corner a little bit here. When you start seeing things like dragons looking things or serpents that have wings. Then you're turning into something that's mythological. Now, the Native American people have tons of legends and mythologies about creatures, so like things that are human.
Speaker 1: But they're not humanoid being right, just for discussion, austin anthropomorphie would be like making things human like Bambi. You're giving human characteristics to an animal.
Speaker 3: Right, So they're giving human characteristics to a creature.
Speaker 2: Of mythology, what could be.
Speaker 3: Up until now we're talking about real creatures and stuff like that that are represented. So now we're talking about mythologies. So the dragon, the serpent, the wings serpent, they're found in a lot of petroglyphs.
Speaker 2: Right throughout the world.
Speaker 3: So let's just take wing serpent for a while. Okay, wing serpent. Wing serpents are found in Native American petroglyphs across the entire well, across the whole content, so you can go to South America. Quetso Kuadal was a wing serpent god basically.
Speaker 1: Okay, so something that's recognized as being.
Speaker 3: Worshiped, yes, worship and also from the skies. Okay, yeah, so he comes from the.
Speaker 2: Skies and he's a god.
Speaker 3: And Quet's old couadals prenzels. So yeah, so you can go down to South America and you have quets Old Kuadal. So he's this deedy form, all right. So you can go to Egypt and you have the wing serpents.
Speaker 2: You can go to.
Speaker 3: Japan and you have the flying serpents, the winged serpents, the bronze serpents. You can go into Judaism and you can find stories about the brazen serpent that was raised on the pole and the serpent that was in the Garden of Eden. You can go to China and you have the wing serpent. You can go to Assyria and have the wing serpent. So this is a depiction of.
Speaker 1: Door dragged dragged the bat. He's like a snake, m yeah kind of.
Speaker 3: But it's something in mythologies not just related to Native American cultures, but across the world, and it always deals with something that's either a demi god, something from outer space, something from it that came from the skies, something that was a extra terrestrial, a fallen angel like Satan in the Garden of Eden, the serpent form that he took, the dragon that's always found, like a lot of Chinese kind of mythologies, and also in Japan, I mean in Thailand, it's everywhere. I just find that a really big turning point because they all share, all of these cultures share the same genesis of this serpentine creature that's found everywhere, wing, snake, dragon, whatever you want to call it. Why the heck is that that is something your little thing that you said earlier about you know, maybe it's because the human race is kind of at the same place at the same time.
Speaker 2: So there, because of their brain, they just.
Speaker 1: The same.
Speaker 2: They've all this does not fit that example.
Speaker 1: Actually, there is there's something I heard of once, so I've got a theory too. I got one. So you've heard of those sea snake like I don't know what they're called. There's they're really long, skinny snakes.
Speaker 2: That can jump off and kind of soar and fly.
Speaker 1: No, no, no, I don't know that'd be scary. There are some snakes like they swim, they kind of they dwell under the surface. Yes, I heard once that it got really hot and they actually, because they're full of water, they actually evaporated floated and they were up in the sky. And then the next time it rained, the snakes actually fell. I made that up. I got nothing but that picture of the snake. Well he's like, well you know they were, like.
Speaker 3: There are and this is a total tangency deal Rod. But they have all kinds of stories of like things getting picked up in water spouts or whatever and being and dropping like frogs, geysers, no fish and snakes and frogs and stuff that somehow get picked up and moved in a whirlwind or cyclone or whatever, I don't know, and then they fall and people are.
Speaker 2: Like, going on, welder toads just fell from the sky.
Speaker 1: Didn't know we were saying something about this place not feeling odd.
Speaker 2: That's documented. That's a real thing. It's a strange thing.
Speaker 3: I don't know if we're we don't want to get into it too deep, but we should do an episode on reptail tiles or something.
Speaker 1: Airborne things.
Speaker 3: Well, you've seen lots of movies where like people fall out of the sky for no reason. That many movies, you know, watch enough TV. Then obviously the corner we turned, and we're gonna find more of these as we talk more in the next episode, because we're gonna we're gonna kind of hedge away from Peck to griffs.
Speaker 1: Nice. Everybody get to drink.
Speaker 2: Thank you.
Speaker 1: I think I will pick the griff the animal.
Speaker 3: Oh gosh ah, it was good.
Speaker 1: You just do with your mouth.
Speaker 3: So what I'm saying is is that we're gonna turn a corner here and we might still call it Strange Rocks, but we might start talking more about the mythologies of some of these cultures that used pets or glyphs as a communication system, and it's gonna get really, really weird. I think it already got weird, well it did, but it's gonna get weirder because I mean, it's so ripe Native American legends and mythologies and stories. They are so interesting, and these same stories are everywhere throughout the world, maybe with a different twist, but they have common characters. And it's the common characters that kind of get me excited because it's really strange. How come they share these same characters.
Speaker 1: They all have the same characteristics.
Speaker 3: They're all like, yeah, like the or the wing snake or the wing dragon. Okay, so that's just our launch pad from all over the world, from all over the world.
Speaker 2: They're everywhere in the world.
Speaker 3: Now we're gonna find other ones too that are found in Native American legends and mythologies, and we might use that as our springboard. But we're going to talk about these creatures in mythologies that are found on petroglyphs, by the way, and we're going to a specific destination on this train, which is going to be fun and that will launch our next series. The next series is going to be something that everybody talks about on all these kind of strange shows. It's a big topic. It's one of the most fun topic. It will connect to ancient aliens. But it's a more hairy situation.
Speaker 2: Let's just say.
Speaker 3: Let's just say that it leaves bigger prints than most we're going to. That's where we're heading. But before we get there, I think we need to do a little more conversation about some of the mythologies that are found in the petroglyphs and the cultures of the peoples that created the petroglyphs. And so that's where we're gonna go. So I think we should just stop here.
Speaker 1: At dragons, dragon flying snakes.
Speaker 3: So the history of dragons, I mean, they've been around forever. They're most famous in the Far East.
Speaker 2: Mythologies and legends.
Speaker 1: What you see is like the what is that big parade? Yeah, it's got like twelve people like operating this this costume that opens its mouth.
Speaker 2: And it's flying.
Speaker 3: And sometimes they're malevolent, sometimes they're just kind of more benign. Sometimes they're good, good omen. But it just depends which culture the dragon right into the dragon, Yeah exactly.
Speaker 1: I got a perfect song for you to play right now.
Speaker 2: Yeah that was great. I love that song.
Speaker 3: I just want this episode to turn the corner from hey, look at all these weird things on.
Speaker 2: Rocks cool to weird. Look at these.
Speaker 3: Weird things on the rocks, and then oh, look at the weird things that people believe that chizseled these things on the rocks.
Speaker 1: I should have had my drink on the rocks.
Speaker 2: I did have my drink.
Speaker 3: I got those little rocks that you freeze and they keep.
Speaker 1: Your whiskey cold, but they don't wanter it down.
Speaker 2: See I like that. I like my whiskey a little watered down.
Speaker 1: You like your whiskey with water. Poverty flats for that whiskey and water. You know, a lot of different cultures have similar matching.
Speaker 2: Up symbols on the petroglyphs. Pecker glyphs. I don't know what those are.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 3: It's it's something that I think was inscribed in the walls of Sodom and Tomorrow.
Speaker 1: Anyway, there's all these different cultures that have the similar kind of lining up narrative and imagery, imagery, iconic.
Speaker 3: Pet petroglyphs, that's right. Yeah, so that they're kind of all over it. They're very very common.
Speaker 1: They match kind of universally, right.
Speaker 3: But on our next episode, we're going to turn the corner kind of like what we did a little bit earlier. We're going to turn the corner. We're going to go full on weird strangeness into the mythologies of the Native American people because that's what we have most access to you, and we're going to compare those two similar mythologies found in other cultures throughout the world, and there are a bunch of them. So the question our listeners need to ask themselves, how are these things being done at the same time across so much much distance, But yet they shared the same themes in my mind, and maybe we'll use this to close it out, so they all share the same story of the dragon or the flying serpent, whatever, that was, whether that's the Garden of Eden's story or if it's something different.
Speaker 1: The first fish man that came out of the.
Speaker 3: Water, whatever it is, they share that oral history down through time and that's the genesis of those stories and these things showing up on petroglyphs and iconography thousands of years later. So to me, that is really fascinating. It's very strange, but it's very fascinating because it tells the same story of some kind of something coming into this world, into the lives of the people that lived at that time and change something in a way that's so substantial that it made an imprint that they had to sh that with their progeny.
Speaker 1: Can we acknowledge that potentially there was just a wing snake, Yeah, I mean, and they were drawing it because they draw cats, they draw alligators, they draw so you're saying the horn, they draw elk, deer, sheep.
Speaker 3: So you're saying there was a dragon or a dinosaur that flew or something.
Speaker 1: There could be a legitimate that they saw visually with their eyes that they were able to communicate. If they're really, really, really bad at drawing grasshoppers, you know what I mean, Like it's a long cylindrical type animal, it's got wings, and there's you know, it could be something insignificant. I'm always this kind of skeptic kind of person. Like I thought on all these chiseling rocks kind of initially and still sometimes is maybe people were just bored and had some rocks that are harder than the other rock. Yet you know, maybe they had some obsidian and they were like, I could maybe like kind of.
Speaker 3: Is obsidian that hard?
Speaker 1: I think it's like glass, It's pretty hard, but breaks, it breaks, Yeah, it breaks, it breaks before it scratches. Yeah, I think that's correct.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 3: All of these are hypotheses, right, so yeah, it could be and and I'm not trying to lobby for one over another. But to me, the fascinating part is the other.
Speaker 1: It is more fun to pretend like there's giant flame.
Speaker 3: It's much more strange. And what you see now people are dealing with now is not much different. The only thing is we haven't had some bean crash into our world that is from a different place or a different time or a different dimension, right and change us substantially. It's like those things haven't happened. There are lots of rumors about that happening with abductions and all that kind of stuff.
Speaker 1: So and you snakes and abduction.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but I mean you're looking at a whole different kind of thing. So okay, so right on the horizon, Now, we can we can mess with DNA. Why can't we make a chimera. In fact, we have we can. We can take different DNA and create a different creature. We could create a wing serpent. Maybe I've watched Jurassic Park. I know they take a toad, right, and they combine it with DNA from a mosquito that sucked it out of it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there you go, Dino DNA, right.
Speaker 3: So why maybe that's part of this. Maybe a lot of it is technical. I mean, we make the mistake of thinking that ancient civilizations had no technology. Maybe you know, everybody wants to believe in aliens or some kind of life out there in the universe or multi dimensionally, but what so then we don't want to believe that it can come in and like pass information or technology to a primi civilization of humans and change their DNA or combine with their women. Maybe that whole women combination thing had more to do with they manipulated DNA more than they manipulated sex, or maybe it was a little bit of both.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 3: It's weird, it's fun, it's fascinating. I love to think about it because it's really strange. And that's the name of this podcast. That's why we do it. So next week or next episode, next time, next time, which it could be next week, maybe we'll get two in. Maybe we'll get it two for I'd love to catch up for all the episodes we missed during the COVID thing, which COVID is still going on.
Speaker 2: So it's crazy.
Speaker 1: I don't know what about the COVID guy.
Speaker 2: I don't know. Covid' is all weird.
Speaker 3: Maybe that's an alien way to manipulate our DNA. COVID, Yeah, make his take vaccinations. That actually is genetic manipulation of our DNA to create us into some kind of chimeric hybrid.
Speaker 1: Isn't it a.
Speaker 3: No, it's just a word for a combination of I think it's Greek. Actually, what's the because they had the griffin, they had all those weird things of great mythology.
Speaker 1: What's the Jewish kind of will a b oh that protects the gollum, gollum.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's like it was so easy that you couldn't think of it because it was too simple. I'm got them.
Speaker 1: You're really good at that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, So we're going to go down that path. It's not even a rabbit hole because it's a it's a highway, it's a super highway. There is so much information here. This is not like some little, like little path of thought. This is like something that's everywhere. So we're going to talk about these mythologies and all the cultures that share the same thing, and the genesis of it is they started with these simple little okay, maybe not simple. They started with these little rock scratches, maybe little kids out chiseling away on a rock because their parents kicked him out of the wigwam or the teepee. And then we find ourselves, now, what four thousand years later, six thousand years later, two thousand years later, on thousand years later, sitting in a studio talking about these strange things found on rocks.
Speaker 1: Here's one for you, okay, okay, So angelic, lustful being from outer space.
Speaker 2: What's his name or her name? It's his name him? Okay.
Speaker 1: The name is Chris Hemsworth. He lands.
Speaker 3: Here unearthed and he sees that the in the studio or.
Speaker 1: No, no, no, no, not here in Native American. Oh oh, back then at tribal area. So two thousand years ago, this single mother quite attractive and he's like, hey, I'm a I'm an angel age being in the future. She's like, kids, go scratch rocks. Chris Hemsworth is here. Oh yeah, And then they turned that wigwam into a sweat huts.
Speaker 3: So from then on, I mean, that's the origination of the of the Nephelin, the these hybrid beans. I think you know you can Oh my gosh. Yeah, we better close this out. It's getting really strange in here. It was fun talking about this stuff. Now we've kind of we've given our course away. People know the direction we're heading.
Speaker 1: We're going freak.
Speaker 2: We're gonna go freak.
Speaker 3: So next time you guys have got to tune in because we're gonna go full on freaky and talk about some really crazy stuff across the planet and we're just gonna throw crap out there. I'm not gonna use much of a muzzle on this one. I'm just gonna let it fly nice and we'll just have fun mule much. Yeah, and then you know, if you're playing our drinking game, be prepared to have a lot of libation, whatever that may be. And I want to do the disclaimer for your lovely mother. If you have a problem with alcohol, don't drink, don't drink cool and if you do drink, drink responsibly.
Speaker 1: Drink smart.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's that simple. But anyway, be safe, don't drive, don't drive.
Speaker 3: On that happy note, we should tell people like us on Facebook, share us, follow us, yeah, quit it, stop that bill Rod. Yeah, so share us with your friends. Most of all, what we want to do is get more and more listeners, and.
Speaker 2: We are starting. It's growing.
Speaker 3: I mean we I think we just passed the our three thousand, four hundred and seventy two downloads.
Speaker 2: Nice.
Speaker 3: So we got a badge from Podbeam, which is our our provider. Yeah, kind of like saying, hey, we're somebody. We want to get to five thousand. We said, I want to go to ten thousand, then we'll go to fifty thousand, only go to five million. But now if we get to five million, if we get to fifty thousand, then we could actually maybe potentially make a little money to actually buy nicer motorcycles and a better IDV.
Speaker 1: That'd be cool, but that's not Maybe we could get some sponsors. That way, we can interrupt our podcast with sponsors.
Speaker 3: Yeah, because everybody loves when sponsors interrupt them.
Speaker 1: But podcast, we won't be laying sponsors. I mean, we'll follow the guidelines of whoever, but we'll make it.
Speaker 3: Fun and maybe we won't even do sponsors. If you go to our website, a Strange Thing dot com, we now have a store and it's functional and you can buy drinks.
Speaker 1: No, you can't buy drinks. You can buy drinks the time history. You can buy pine glasses with laser etched A Strange Thing logos. We're using lasers from the futures.
Speaker 3: And you can buy T shirts T shirts not from which are really cool.
Speaker 2: I like those T shirts a lot.
Speaker 1: I've heard a lot.
Speaker 3: They look really sweet. I've actually had people come up and go, what's the logo for? Speaking of which Austin is wearing a very cool.
Speaker 1: Oh my gosh, speaking of we need to take a picture.
Speaker 2: Put that on.
Speaker 3: It's a camera. It's that needs to be chiseled.
Speaker 2: Into a rock.
Speaker 1: Can you describe it?
Speaker 2: Yes? I can.
Speaker 3: It's got the body of a chicken, body of a cock, and it's got the head of a buffalo. Austin is wearing a buffalo chicken T shirt.
Speaker 1: This is where buffalo chicken wings come from.
Speaker 2: Yes, wings out.
Speaker 1: I think they're going for a real clean look.
Speaker 2: Yeah they are.
Speaker 1: If the wings are out, it would be too silly.
Speaker 2: It's a great design. Whoever did it? It says c DA.
Speaker 1: And then so it looks like a compass, you know, the X and then top is north by them south.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's a very nice design. Whoever did it, congrats to you.
Speaker 1: Morph would be Idaho. And then underneath that c d A, let's not.
Speaker 2: Talk about south.
Speaker 3: Okay, I don't want to go south where you sure it is? On that note, Austin, why don't you do the honors?
Speaker 1: Still? Join us next time for four some cold drinks and some stronger range conversation. Stranger stranger, more strange, more strange conversation event