Speaker 1: Aaron Glenn did his best apprentice impression. You're fired, Keith Gutter, He's gone. Plus the rest of the staff is coming together for the New York Jets, with several hires now official and several people leaving the New York Jets. We've got all the details. Boy Green Daily starts. I'm gonna lose my gash guarded bananas. Boy Green Daily start Snap Juets.
Speaker 2: I made it clear that my intention was to play, and my intention was to play for the New York Jets.
Speaker 1: Good morning, everybody. I'm Paul Asden Junior aka Boy Green. I'm the New York Jets digital reporter Forevy dot com. Welcome to Boy Green Daily, a daily New York Jets video show, also available wherever you get your podcast. Baby Boy, Oh Boy, do we got a lot to get to. The coaching staff is coming together after days of what the hell's going on over there? Just boom, interviews, hirings, action all over the place. Will catch you up on all of it here on the show. Make sure as you're entering the room here on YouTube you like the video, hit subscribe. Also shout out to the people that watch on our Facebook page. Heavy on Jets my employer and Twitter at Boy Green two five as well. God bless everybody and welcome to the program. Also a special shout out to our to all of our audio only listeners that refuse to look at my face again, I can't blame them any who. Let's give a shout out here to everyone Austin and Jet fan gifting a membership right at the beginning of the show. Very nice. Let's pour one out and that membership went to k Jay. You were just gifted a Boy Green Coffee Club membership, which reminds everybody. Let's flip the banner for all the memberships that we've been giving away here recently. That is now two hundred and forty nine memberships gifted this month by our number one Austrian Jets fan. He's number one in our contest. Jimmy Jets' is number two at one thirty five, Jeffrey R. Who had Navy spot on a single day, Jay Boy sixty seven for Lily in Big d with forty five, big friggin shout out there, and thank you so much for supporting the show. For people that are wondering what the hell is this contest all about, I'll give you another shoutout, because quite frankly, you're running out of time, people, you're running out of time. By the end of the month, we're going to be doing this giveaway we've got today, which is the thirtieth. Tomorrow's the thirty first, So on Saturday morning, February first, we will be drawing a winner from all the people that have been gifting memberships and entering the raffle ticket, which, by the way, are two ninety nine a pop. And by the way, what are you competing for. Let me throw that up real quick on the big board here and this is it. Boom Nike Atmosphere, Aaron Rodgers, Heather Gray jersey. That's up for grabs a fifty dollars Boy Green merch up gift carter behind the number one oustri and Jet Fan logo. There is also a custom laser engraving package which has merged Jets logos and logos of Boy Green, Boy Green Jets altogether. It's absolutely freaking beautiful, baby, So shout out there one lucky person who got raftfull tickets, we'll have a chance at that. So to get a raffle ticket, you just have to join the Boy Green Coffee Club that's in the YouTube description down below, but keep a track of it all month long. Or you can gift memberships and there's no limit to how many Raffle tickets you could get. Obviously, the more you have, the better your shot is of winning that prize. And we'll be giving something bay every month. And boy, like I said, look behind me, we've got some spectacular other gifts that'll be uh move in and grooven Baby, which I'm really excited about again to give back to the fans, So folks who've got some exciting stuff coming over the coming months. Also, we'll be doing giveaways for our free people are subscribers that subscribe to the show. We'll be giving free stuff to you guys as well. Again, we just have to reach certain mile markers. We're trying to get to ten thousand subscribers. I'm just going to be honest, and we were at seventy two hundred and change somewhere in that ballparks or another two hundred away. But once we reach seventy five hundred subscribers eight eighty five hundred and nine thousand, we're going to be giving away all kinds of cool stuff. The thing we're giving away at seventy five hundred subscribers, is a piece of autograph New York Jets memorabilia signed by two former New York Jets first round picks. It'll be a nice little grab bag. Whoever that lucky subscribers will draw random and I will send that right to your house and you will have a wonderful surprise gift. So enjoy. Like I said, we want to give back to the fans, So just get that subscribe button that is free to do. Pay a dime for that sort of action. So there you are, Thank you number one oustri and Jet fan though as well, like the video, hit subscribed. So let's get into this Jet staff baby. There's a lot going on here. Steve Wilkes is the big fish to fall here. NFL network insider Tom Pelosero confirmed that he is the higher for the New York Jets the defensive coordinator position. A couple of nuggets here. First off, he had long been the favorite since the very beginning for the New York Jets. Jeremy Fowler ESPNFO insider told me that this week. Connor Hughes said it a week ago that he was supposed to be the guy, and he is now people again. For those who don't know who said, ah, man, why didn't they just hire this guy last week? It's important to note that you have to go through the runey reel process. For the coordinator positions. You have to interview two external minority candidates. For coordinators and for singular positions, quarterback coach, things of that nature, you have to interview one external minority candidate. For those who don't know, that's how it works. Coordinators tow head coach, two general manager, two singular positions, quarterback coach, running back to coach, anything of that nature is only one. So that's why the Jets had to go through their process. And look at that, baby, E the Key. The Key is gifting memberships. Baby, here on the channel. It's another raffle ticket for E the Key. Baby. You absolutely love to see it, So let's put that on your docket. Excellent, you're that's a raffle ticket for the contest. Baby, Why wouldn't you want to do it? Baby? Why wouldn't you want to put that in there? So let's make sure I put that in the Oh, it looks like E the Key that's your first one this month. Okay, beautiful. I wanted to make sure I didn't miss that. So shout out to you, young man. That is one for you, e the key. That is one raffle ticket baby, for our contest this month. And by the way, that went two three. See you are now a member to the Boy Green Coffee Club. Hashtag paid for it. I love it, baby, Yes, spread the love. Spread the love A beautiful thing to do. Appreciate you he the key. God bless all right. So we got Steve Wilkes. Steve Wilkes is in. I thought, just real quick, there was an important hire for Aaron Glenn. He's a first time head coach. He's not going to be calling the defensive place. He made that very clear in the introductory press conference. So getting a veteran guy was important. And I'm writing a story about all the coaching hoopla of this guy, this guy, this guy, to try to catch up on everything. Steve Wilkes has been a former NFL head coach for the Aarzona Cardinals. He's been a former interim head coach at Happy with the Carolina Panthers. He's been a defensive coordinator in four separate stints in college, three separate stints in the NFL. The Jets are going to be his fourth opportunity as a defensive coordinator in the National Football League. So, long story short, how I look at Steve Wilkes is he's got a high floor. Baby. You know what you're getting with Steve Wilkes, which I think, like I said, is incredibly encouraging. I'll be excited to learn a little bit more about his defense or some people that could follow him. He took last year off from coaching. He was a volunteer advisor for the Charlotte forty nine Ers, a college football team, so he took a year off. So I'll be kind of curious how rejuvenated he is when he comes in. So let's shrow that one in there. Steve Wilkes is a part of it. Let's make sure we say this. Keith Carter, bye bye, he is gone. Keith Carter was fired. It's the first firing that Aaron Glenn has made and Keith Carter gets tossed out the door. The offensive line coach and run game coordinator, Keith Carter was terrible. There were multiple complaints from current players on the team like Mikai Becton and Breeze Hall. There's former players that came out during his tenure with the Jets and complained about him. Taylor Lawan Patrick recard, a lot of players came out said Keith Carter was not good. Hell, I had Tennessee Titans, you know, sources down there in Tennessee that warned me the moment the Jets hired Keith Curtin said, dude, we just want to give you a warning and let you know. He's got a militaristic style, rubs a lot of people the wrong way. A lot of people are not cool with his you know, his process. His methods rubbed a lot of people the wrong way in Tennessee. I was warned about that at the very beginning. And boy, that looked like it and it certainly has been that case. So Keith Carter could buy. The vibes are back up at one Jets Drive, Baby, so it's good to see and look at this. We got Jaki here on the channel. Baby. Every time we get a YouTube super chat member, shout out of any kind we hear from my beautiful daughters, Ryan Wow BG the ultimate am Jets content kind of sword. Yes, I will say I love that I have that very specific niche category down flat. I don't know who else I'm competing with, but damn it, I'm number one all the time. I tell my future mother in law, I said, you're my favorite. She's like, I'm your only mother in law. Like, yes, but still you're number one. Not too shabby. Hey, I'll take that ground baby. Thank you, Jakie. And by the way, folks, make sure you check out all the wonderful guests this week on the channel. We've had Jeremy Fowler ESPN NFL Insider, We've had Lindsay Rhodes formerly of the NFL Network, and folks, I'll let you just know straight up. Later today, we're gonna have Ritz Samini on the channel. He hasn't been on one of my video shows in five plus years, so we're gonna check off that buckets. Rich Semini will be joining us. I'll just let the cat out of the bag right now. So we've had Jeremy Fowler this week, we've had Lindsay Rhoads, We're gonna have Ritz Samini and more. There's another surprise guest I don't want to reveal this time, but just be ready for it that also is dropping this week, So we have been absolutely rocked up baby on all the guests, and I hope you guys can enjoy that. Shout out to my father who is in Abu Dhabi. He's going international on us. So we'll have some Boy Green Daily episode or hop on Pop rather, which is Boy Green Daily. We'll have some hop on Pop episodes that will be coming up as well, so should be fascinating. Jin the GM says, I can't stand that dude, but that's a good dude to interview. Well, thank you, Jin in the GM. I appreciate that. Yeah, Ritz Semeni's I read like all of his articles, all of his columns. I've followed Rich for a long time. I've followed this team for a long time. I'm pretty sure Rich Sarmonie just wrapped up either year thirty six or thirty seven. I'll confirm that before we chat, but it's thirty six or thirty seven on the beat cover of the New York Jets. Absolutely freaking salute. So he's just got He's the guy that's been around here the longest. He's got Bill Parcell's knowledge and all this other stuff rids me and he completely fascinates me as someone who's covered this team. All right, let's get some other things in there, but shout out to Jaki and everybody in the chat. We appreciate you. So Steve Wilkes DC locked in, chit chink, Keith Carter out, get your asse out of here. Buddy boy, you are out. Let's go. We're gonna kind of jump all over the place. Let's go. Chris Banjo. Last night, he's working on a deal to become the next special teams coordinator of the New York Jets. Chris Banjo a fascinating dude. He was highly sought after here over this coaching cycle. He was an assistant special teams coach with the Denver Broncos. He was on that staff for two years. He played in the NFL for ten plus years. He was on the Arizona Cardinal, He was on the New Orleans Saints. He was on the Green Bay Packers. Somebody had a long time NFL player and a guy that a lot of people are buzzing about. So Chris Manager is the new special teams coordinator. Goodbye BRANP. Boyer who goes to San Francisco with the forty nine ers to reunite with Robert Sala. Chris Banjo is a very fun hire and this one is an interesting little nugget. Rich Samani shared this yesterday and I tweeted this immediately. Here's this from Ritzemini, former Denver Bronco Special Teams coach. Mike Westoff is a Chris Bancho fan, and he gave a strong recommendation to the Jets about him. And this is Rich talking quote. I could see west Off making a cameo in Florin Park for MIDI camp training camp, et cetera. Folks, I'm just gonna lay it online. Obviously, Mike west Off is not going to be the full Special Teams coordinator, and that would have been crazy. He stepped away in November due to health reasons. But I would fully expect that we're going to see Mike Westoff in a consultant role with the New York Jets again. Obviously he's helping with recommendations for staff construction, but also I think in general he's going to be around this team, which I think is awesome. So major salute to air AG who obviously has a relationship with west Off with all of his connections with Sean Payton and the New Orleans Saints, where west Off had a gig in the late twenty tens as well. So just awesome, just so cool. So I'm glad Mike Westoff's going to be around the teams to shut out to him. But Chris Manjo will be the special teams coordinator, and like I said, I think I expect Mike Westoff to have a part of that staff as well. Again not officially, maybe it's official as a consultant, but I don't think anything crazy. By the way, the Jets lost a couple of coaches yesterday. I know who was a chef, Kevin Gilbert. He didn't want any of these guys back, and they listened to chef. He said hell no to any of the guys. Tony Yodin, Aaron Whitecott, none of those guys. He didn't want any of them back, and none of them are coming back. Tony Jodin leaves, He goes to Tennessee. Aaron Whitecotten, the Jets defensive line coach. He's going to the Dallas Cowboys and lining up with reunited with Carl Lawson, former Jet goes down there with the Cowboys. He is on Brian Schottenheimer's staff. Shoddy. So Aaron Whitecotton is gone. It sounds like the Jets are going to have no remnants of what lasted before in the coaching staff. And let's pour one out, people, Let's pour one out. I've seen you guys have been talking about it in the chat. Ron Middleton Roton is no longer a part of this team. Shout out to Aaron Wilson who shared that news yesterday, and that news is incredibly sad. I think we all really liked Ron Middleton. He was a fun coach to have on the staff. Here, let's get some Ron Middleton memories. Let's get some Ron Middleton memories. Here. I was tweeting out a couple of clips. Here's Ron Middleton from the Senior Bowl. He got to serve as the head coach. Here's Ron Middleton. If it moves, hit it, if it don't move, hit it.
Speaker 3: And if you're not sure.
Speaker 1: Guess what you hit it.
Speaker 4: Let's come out of us the most physical team on that.
Speaker 1: Field to day regardless, let's win the hit in battle. You got touch somebody, Let's pray I love. That's a great one here from Ron Middleton. And here's the other one. This is one of my favorite quotes. This is a shortened version from one Jets drive a while back, but this quote will live with me for ever.
Speaker 4: Everybody wants to go to heaven, but nobody wants to die.
Speaker 1: Everybody wants to go to heaven, but nobody wants to die. So salute to Ron Middleton, one of the fan favorite Jets coaches of all time. But if we're being honest, the tight end room has not been very good. Whether you want to blame that for Middleton or the piece is not stepping up. Shout out to Tyler Conklin, who's been productive in his own right, but Jeremy Ruckert's been awful. The Zach Kunz project hasn't turned out to be anything. Kenny Oboa has been Kenny Yeboa, this special teamer blocker guy. But yeah, our tight ends have not been have not been good. So Ron Middleton ultimately at falls on Ron Middleton, but he's a guy that we all loved. So again, there was problems as a number one nottion and Jet fan said, problems all over the place with the tight end position. But yeah, it's a Taylor sterling here, like AG deserves to get his guys in no holdovers, and that's my thing. Like, for instance, Aaron Whitecott's a good example. I like Aaron white Cotton. He's an aggressive guy. Obviously, he had that prior squabble with Quinn Williams during that Bengals game which sparked everything and them changing their rotations and things of that nature, all that kind of stuff, and obviously from that perspective there was some hiccups. But I think he's a good coach. But I agree with the point that Taylor Sterling just made. We need to start fresh, we need to have a new era of Jets football, and I think that's washing our hands of guys that were both bad obviously, like Keith Carter. But I think also just in general, let's just let's not leave any of the old regime, any of the old stinks, scrub it clean, and let's start brand new. So with that being said, Aaron white Cotton's gone, Keith Carter's gone, Tony Odin's gone, everyone's gone. We have not heard, by the way, any official announcement on Hacket, but he's going to be gone, which leek to the next hiring here that has not happened yet officially. That of course, is Tanner Engstrand excuse me as the offensive corner. Now, now that's not official as far as anything I've seen live right here on the show. However, when you look at the staff that's getting constructed, it yells Tanner Engstrad all over it. For instance, the Jets requested to interview David blou Now I remember him because on a random Thanksgiving game he had to step in for the Detroit Lions and play in there. He played four of his He only played five seasons in the NFL. Four of his five seasons were spent with the Lions. And he just got into coaching last year. He was only twenty nine. He's a young guy. But he was the assistant quarterback coach with the Washing Commanders last year. At hell, if they can bottle up anything from Washington, Land and bring it over here. After that Jane Daniels season, God bless, let's go. David Blough crossed over there in Glenn, David blow crossed over Tanner Engstrid. He again swapping out the offensive line coach. We have a new line coach, excuse me for the New York Jets. That's another that's the Lions tight end coach. Formerly the Lions titand coach that is a Steve Heyden. Steve Heyden is the new O line coach. He replaces Keith Carter and Steve Heyden is forty eight years old. I'll give you a little details because the offensive line coach high was very big. He's a big dude. He's six foot five, two hundred seventy five pounds. He played in the NFL for a decade with the then San Diego Chargers in Cleveland Browns. Okay, talented guy, no question about it. A former third round pick. He's been coaching in the league since twenty thirteen. He was an assistant special teams and assistant tight ends coach from twenty thirteen to twenty seventeen. Then he got to a as an assistant O line coach with the Cardinals in twenty eighteen. Then he moved over full time to tight ends coach twenty nineteen to twenty twenty two, tight ends coach for the lines. Now back to the offensive line, where he had a prior stint in the past and a nice little career there in the NFL. Two hundred catches, sixteen hundred yards, fourteen tudies, not bad not bad. So shout out to Steve Haiden. He is now tasked with trying to see if he could turn this offensive line around. And so there you have it. And yes, Austra and he's not a first time or in terms of coaching, but full time offensive line coach. This is his first stint. Yeah, exactly, jur In the GM played in the league for a decade. Very nice there you are. And yes they did get rid of the assistant O line coach as well. Rod. That was a direct guy to a direct guy to Keith Carter. That makes sense. And yes, James Fowls, you're displaying it proudly in case you missed it earlier. This week really released a new emoji. It's the Darren Well Emuji. So let that fly. If you're remember to the boy Green Coffee Club. Let's see that brand new emuji that's available for all the Boy Green Coffee Club members. The new general manager that will lead us to the promised land. And now give a shout out for one out for emuji and shade out shout out to you, James. You're the reason. I've heard a lot of people bring it up, but you are the one that brought it up the most, making sure we got that new emoji out there, so salute to you, pal, make sure I got everybody here. So obviously yep, Ron Middleton's gone. We've mentioned that the Jets are requesting to interview David Blau. He would be their quarterback coach. I didn't mention that he's an assistant quarterback coach with Washington. The Jets would be offering him a promotion of quarterback coach if he were to take that job again, incredibly, young guy only been coaching for a year. But shoot, if he had any part of that success with Jane Daniels, if he was responsible for any of it, come on down, good blow again. I just remember him stepping in randomly for a thing for the Detroit Lions. He had a very unremarkable NFL career. But like I said, young guy, and it seems to be a hot rising coaching assistant. So it looks ah Dick chimneys Burner said the benderman, it looked like f Muji. Sorry, just to try to visualize it in her mind of Emuji instead of f Muji. F him. Yeah, but different structure, folks. I appreciate the honesty June the GM here HG cleaning house like you should get the stench of losing out of the building exactly so. Again, even if there's a good coaches there, and there were there's some good coaches that were let go yesterday, but it's part of it as well. Our number of Austrian jet Fan with a super chat here, wow, said the Aaron Glen emoji should be next. Interesting thought. Perhaps that's where we'll go. Instead of giving it to one of you animals, we'll give it to him. That would make a lot of sense. By the way, with another one of the super chats here, combined with your prior super chats Number one Austin Jet Fan, you're now at two hundred and fifty memberships gifted so far this cycle. So let's update the banner. Good Lord, I think a number one Austrian jet Fan might be in a great position here to win the Nike Atmosphere Aaron Rodgers jersey the fifty dollars Boy Green merch Shop gift carded so much more love giving back to the fans. Shout out to you number one Austrian jet Fan, baby, thank you for the super chat and thus the extra membership for every two ninety nine you spent here on the channel. Boo, yeah, let me see what Jared be just said. Yeah, yeah, that's sort of funny. Right, David Blaugh telling Aaron Rodgers what he's doing wrong. Right, David Blao, who has like in his career six passing touchdowns to nine interceptions, says Hey, Aaron, yeah, can you give me a little bit more of this? And he like looks at him like what, Yeah, that's true. You know, it's kind of like people say all the time for like analysts, right, if you didn't play, you can't say shit, And you know that's silly. I think people that have played the game have a special whatever you want to call it, a deeper appreciation, maybe some different kinds of knowledge of the experience of wearing the helmet. Like I played high school football and I enjoyed the hell out of it. I would have loved to play college and the pros and everything else, but obviously God said it wasn't in the cards. So I said, okay, I'll talk about football. Be around football. That's that's the next best closest thing. And there's an appreciation for playing. But like you know, I can't help if Rogers had to take like who the hell are you, buddy? And like he was in the NFC North while Rogers are winning MVPs, Blow is holding a cupboard, so you know, maybe his mind is greater than his body would allow. That's where we got to hope, I guess, but poor one out David Blau. But any who, all of these little nuggets of David Blow, the tight Ends coach, Steve Hyden becoming the olone coach, they're all these lion guys and the only rational explanation is that Tanner Engstrand is going to be the Jets guy. He's expected to be the guy because the staff around him looks very lionsy, and then he could come in he would, I would assume, be having influence on the staff. I don't know what the hold up is is why he hasn't been named the OC yet, but he seems like the favorite to be so by all accounts, we'll see as soon as that one comes in, and if it does, if it does, let me pull back up Tanner, because Tanner has been, if I remember correctly, in OC at lower levels. He just hasn't been in OC at the NFL level, and that is correct. So he's an offensive coordinator. In college. That was for San Diego from twenty eleven to twenty seventeen. He was an offensive coordinator along with other roles. He was an offensive coordinator in the now defunct EXIT which is now the UFL, the DC Defenders, he was the defensive coordinator of d C d C of DC, and then at the NFL level, he's been with the line since twenty twenty. He's been in a variety of offensive assistant roles, passing game coordinator, tight ends coach, things of that nature, but he's not been in OC at this level. So it does go to show what Jeremy Fowler told us a couple of days ago here on the show, that Aaron Glenn is looking for a high upside guy as opposed to a Steve Wilkes guy, which is fascinating. Steve Wilkes has been a DC before, he's been a head coach before, so like a lot of experience. Tanner Engstron on the other side, has experience as an OC, but not at this level. So it's curious that that's the waters AG is swimming in. And if that proves true that Tanner ends up being the guy. He's the favorite, fully expected to be the guy. But it's not in pen and paper, and we've all seen plenty of stuff in the past where it's not on pen and paper, and then things go in a different direction. But it'll be important for AG to add veteran guys to the staff. A rubored name I've heard is Todd Haley as a guy that'd be on the staff. He's also been a former head coach, he's been an offensive coordinator before, so him being in the room I think would be important for Tanner. But we'll see what other guys come in there as well. So long story short, a lot of nuggets, new DC, new O line coach, new special teams coach, and the rest of the staff obviously is going to continue to be filled out as well. So lote AG. He's getting it done. He's getting attractive names. Now, it doesn't mean anything. I go back all the time and think about that Carolina Panther staff with Frank w Reich a couple of years ago. Was the superstar staff. That guy's like do Staly on it so many Josh McCown I think was on that staff. Like they had a million guys where we're like whoa, And they the Panthers, pounded their chest were saying, hey, we have like the deepest pockets for coaches and assistant coaches in the National Football League. Like they put the superstar staff together and it didn't work. So just because you have a superstar staff does not guarantee success. So we'll see what happens. But that's that part of it is incredibly fascinating to me. All Right, let's do this, baby, Let's take a time out. We'll open up the phone line so all you guys will react to all the coaching staffs. A couple of nuggets here. First off to the six hundred people in the room, God blessed. Like the video HD subscribed at three o'clock today, We're gonna have my buddy Phil Mlanie. He used to work for the Denver Broncos for a long time. He has interviewed Darren Muji multiple times, and Jet fans, we didn't get to see a whole heck of a lot of Mujie during the introductory press conference. What are we getting from Muji? A guy that's spoken with him several times will be able to give us unique insight into that that's coming up at three o'clock, Boy Green Meets What He'll be myself, it'll be James Woody, it'll be Phil Mlanie Denver Broncos Insider. I'm looking forward to diving in on Muji and giving you guys some more intel. Again, we're gonna be having Rich Samini on the show. That likely is going to be a special episode or at some point this evening, so just kind of keep an eye out for it. I don't think we're gonna do that tomorrow morning. I think we're gonna do it at some point this evening, So keep an eye out for uh that interview, which could pop up, excuse me, at any time. So Ritzemini, we had Jeremy follow this week. Lindsey Rhodes. We're popping baby, and now it's not to open up the phone lines back to the fans, baby, and we'll do that here in just a moment. On Boy Green Daily, hep hit.
Speaker 3: It Boy Bugy Days, Buggy Days, bug Days talking just football, ma'am, boy Buggy Day, Buggy Day.
Speaker 5: And they're not Jets Football Club.
Speaker 6: Wow.
Speaker 5: The steep special scenes.
Speaker 3: Watch the Super Bowl seasons, take T T s chest chests chests, buy Buggy Day.
Speaker 1: There he is, hep the legend himself. Phone luncheon and I'll open that's open on YouTube dot com slash Boygreen two five. Feel free to call into the show get your participation trophy for the day. People. You can call in and talk about any of the crazy, you know, rumors on the coaching staff and I'll pour this one out for cup of Philly neudles. I have no idea if he's going to call into the show, but he's been asking for this. And for people who don't know, I am a near, I have to say near because my aco exploded in the middle of my fourth degree black belt test. I'm at the doorstep of my fourth degree black belt in taekwondo. Here is just a highlight video of some of my board breaks that's happened recently. Booms jack alacka that gets me fired up. That nice back spin kick technique. One of my favorites is the over the top ridgehand. You can get a lot of torque on the body and just really rip into the intensity of it. That's always a good one. And then I saw, you know, like Roman Reigns doing like the Superman punch. I tried to do it off chairs and other props and things of that nature. So I used to have this book of creative different board breaks and trying to test boundaries and stuff of crazy stuff to do. So shout out to a couple of Philly noodles. He's been asking for that for some time, for some time, So there you are. I'll be getting back to taekwondo soon to finish off getting that fourth or grade black belt and going everywhere else in between. That'll be fun. Jake, as who's that helmet signed by in the back? I'm glad you asked that, Jake. This helm right here, this helmet is signed by the New York Sack Exchange, Baby, the entire New York Sack Exchange, which God restless all of Abdul Salam, who is no longer with us. See, we've got Mark Gaston now right there, baby, right there to who my hand is. We got Mark Gaston. Ow Okay, got Abdul Salam right here again the soldier apiece. Let's see, we got Joe Kleco that beautiful signature up there at the top. And then obviously you see Marty Lines right there. And the only reason I have this helmet. Shout out to someone who listens to my radio show. Up there for a second, somebody who listens to my radio show, I'll give him a shout out, Josh. He told me that this local memorabilia card trading memberabilia everything shop was doing one of those like raffle giveaways where that helmet right here, that helmet was up for auction and tickets were twenty bucks a pop. And they we're gonna take like thirteen or fifteen tickets or something, and you can buy as many as you want. But if you they're gonna draw a random name and then you win that prize. And I said, oh, that's cool, and he said, why don't you enter it. I'm like, I don't really do that sort of stuff, but sure, and I put twenty bucks in. Guess what. This lucky bastard who wins everything won it for twenty bucks and they shifted to me. It's one of my most prized possessions. It's amazing. You're also going to see in the near future. You see this back empty wall here. I've got a lot of jerseys I want to frame. Another one that's really in my collection is I met Santonio Holmes back in the day in Courtland when my dad took me to the Courtland practices. We're walking to the car, like gets over. The practice is over in Theory, you got all the autographs you're going to get And I'm walking and I look beside me. I'm like, holy shit, that Santonio Holmes. Me and him were walking. No one else was around to remember, folks, this is the Super Bowl MVP. This is the superstar receiver. They just traded for him. Like, holy frigging crap. It's me and Santonio and I'm wearing Santonio Holmes jersey and I rip it off my back. I'm like, Santonio, can you sign this? Like sure? And he talked to me for like five minutes signed the jersey. It was one of the coolest experiences of my life. I'm like, holy frigging crap, that was amazing. So I have that one and I got some other like Memorabilion I wanted to display, but this one for sure is shout out to Josh. That's the only reason I have that is a twenty buck random raffle ticket got me a jet helmet, which we came back to this logo. Thank god, it's beautiful, and then signed the entire New York sack exchange. Cool super cool man, super cool. So shout out to Josh wherever you are. I love that BG, Happy Handsome Death. I like that boy Green. It looks like a little stick of dynamite. I like that. You know it's a small in size, mighty and impact. You know, light feet, gotta be quick. I appreciate that. Thank you, Jason Weber. A right, Nanni is still shaken again. I've invited Nannie on the show, you know, but he is not accepted. Not accepted. All right, let's go into the phone launch. You ever got happier on the show? What's up? Pep hey Paul?
Speaker 5: I was thinking, what do you think maybe some of the free agents that might come in. I heard rumors about Khalil Mack coming over.
Speaker 1: Oh wow, I've not heard that one, but that sounds fun. I know Mack wants to play another year. That's free agency. I looked at some of the Lions guys. There seems to be plenty of guys that would be a swinging over. They've got defensive linemen, veterans. They don't have like an Aiden Hutchinson or anything that's about to shake free. But Khalil Mack would be fun. Sure, I'd be curious to see what's going to be the marriage of scheme again. Our Russell Brown who joined us on Monday. He's a Lions guy, he says, like he told us Jet fans like, hey, don't get so attached to three four four three. He's like, you know, it's a new age NFL. We shouldn't really worry about that. But I will be kind of curious Steve Wilk's marrying to ag and what they're going to produce on a game to game basis, which will then open up to your point, like, Khalil Macks, do we need this third linebacker? Is c J. Millsley going to retire? So is it Quincy? And another guy? Does Jallian come back? So I have a lot of questions there, But oh, Khalil Mack, that'd be super fun. I like that.
Speaker 5: Yeah. Well, I'm worried about JJ coming off that achilles you know, you know, it's just one of those injuries that just seems to linger for a while. You know, it seems like a two year injury. That's why I think Rogers will be a lot better this year, but we'll see what happens anyway. Peek out, guys, all.
Speaker 1: Right, love the call, hap, thank you. Let me see if I could find this real quick, because I did definitely did a thing on this. Let's go and free agents. I know I tweeted this. Let's see if the internet will work with me here, Let's see if I can find it. I would just I guess, have to countlessly scroll. Maybe I can find it. But long story short, I put out a tweet of all the Lions free agents and whether or not potentially some of them could come over to the Jets. I guess easier thing is just a Lions free Agents twenty five. Obviously Khalil Max, to HEP's point, was not a Detroit Lion per se. So maybe there could just be a general guys that come over that are really talented free agents and go just NFL free agent list. I don't remember looking at a lot of the the Oh, I should just pull that up on ESPN. They have the top fifty there, So let's do that real quick. We'll do all this live here on the show. Let's go. They just dropped the top fifty list. Oh, here it is Top fifty free agents available. By the way, Jamian Sherwood so legitimy was thirty seven on the list. So we got t Higgins. That's not going to happen, Trey Smith. We're going to guard Ronnie Stanley offensive tackles, a left tackle. DJ Reed is going to be gone. Chris Godwin, depending on what happens with all the DeVante Adams stuff. He'd be kind of interering. We have Khalil mack On here. Tarvarius Ward would be interesting. I don't know if the Jets are going to go that head because they've got to pay Sauce already paid Michael Carter the second. I'd be curious if they spend that kind of that kind of you know, moo Law, Josh Sweat, he's interesting. Oh here's what I like. Osaw A Diggi Zua of the Dallas Cowboys and a fun name to say. He would be a lot of fun, versatile past rush ability. He'd be a lot of fun. Stealing him from the Dallas Cowboys. If we're looking at safeties, Javon Holland, he's the safety of the Miami Dolphins. He's the guy that returned the hail Mary picked six against US, So thanks, Jerk. Zach bond is in the defensive Player of the Year running. You have this amazing year at the Eagles. He's a scheme guy. You got Trayvon Morrigg. He's a safety with the Raiders. These are just the top guys that are available. Dray Green laws a free agent, but health obviously is a question there. Milton Williams is a big fat guy from the Eagles. A son Reddick burn In Hell. Okay, let's keep going down their list. Byron Murphy Junior, the corner from the Vikings. He's probably gonna get paid a lot of money. You got Hufanga, this safety from the forty nine Ers. He's a talented guy. He'll be twenty five when the season starts. Here's a Lion, Carlton Davis, the third corner that could make some sense as a veteran guy. Now, the Chiefs are probably gonna franchise tag this guy. But if he's really available, Nick Bolton, I'd want some Nick Bolton action. Now, I'd expect them to get an extension done.
Speaker 5: So.
Speaker 1: I don't know if he'll really be available, but Nick Bolton would be a fun guy. I got Malcolm Coon say Raiders pass rusher Cameron buying him the safety from the Vikings. He makes a lot of sense. Sure you got a Sante Samuel Junior, he's a corner available. Scrolling through to see if there's any other names I'm missing here, obviously got Jamien Sherwood. He's gonna be out there. Jase Young is a is a talented guy. Might take a one year deal. He may be all about that life. Justin Reid is safety with the Chiefs. Paulson Adebo corner from the Saints. Ernest Jones the fourth he's a linebacker from Seattle. Started the season on Tennessee. Yeah, so there's a handful of guys. Yeah, I think the Jets could be women into big waters. Yeah, there's certainly that possibility. All right, let's jump back to the phone. Don't you got to Ricky New York here on the program? What's up, Ricky?
Speaker 6: Hey, how's it going, Paul? There's there's definitely, you know, some free agents out there. There's also a reason I think that some of them are becoming free agents. Nick awesome player, uh, missed a few games with injury.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 6: Chris Godwin awesome but been beat up the last few years, you know, but you know, uh, hell Chiefs going back to the Super Bowl. Uh, you know, like I said, I would take the you know, Derek Doddy, their defensive tackle. Plug him in next to Quentin, let him frequenting up like he does. Chris Jones, Uh, you know, good against the run. Jeremy Chin safety could be a oh.
Speaker 1: Yeah you've mentioned him, You've mentioned him. He would make a lot of sense. I see Alan is talking about my my Syracuse boy to Melafan Wu, the younger brother of Obi who is the athletic freak at a Yukon a couple of years ago. He's a Lion's free agent. He are other Lions free agents, Marcus Davenport, he's a former first rounder of the Saints. They traded up to get him. He's super talented. Kevin Zeitler on the offensive side, but the Jets are pretty stacktic guards, so that probably won't be Levi Ono ruez Ski, he's the defensive lineman.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 1: There's a couple of guys from the Lions and overall, but yeah, I'll give a big shout out to my Syracuse boy.
Speaker 6: Yeah there's a fun guy now, Uh, Samuel Jr. That's that's a name that's you know, kind of intriguing to me, and uh that that might be worth maybe taking a look at. But yeah, you know, I'm excited for uh, you know, the staff to get filled out and uh so we're going to bring in Banjo as the special teams coordinator.
Speaker 1: Working on that deal, yep.
Speaker 6: And you know what, for whatever reason, I was thinking about it last time last night, uh, when I was at work, and uh, you know a lot of these guys, you know, if they want to see the field, their path to getting on the field is to make an impact on special teams. First. Yeah, well, uh why do why do they call it special teams?
Speaker 1: You know, that's a good question. I never thought about teams.
Speaker 6: But yeah, if you if you break a big return, uh you know, if the other teams return in it and you knock the ball out and get the ball, that's pretty frigging special. Uh, you know not. And these guys, you know, they're not out there getting eighty snaps a game like some people are. You know, they're getting maybe a dother and snaps a game at best. So if you can make a play that literally flips the game and flips the momentum, and that maybe a dozen snaps that you might get pretty special.
Speaker 1: Hey, by the way, this is what the internet says in American football, excuse me. In American football, special teams is called special teams because it refers to a dedicated group of players who only take the field during specific situations like kickoffs, punts, and field goal attempts. They're considered special plays separate from standard offensive and defensive plays. Essentially, there is specialized unit with unique roles within the game.
Speaker 6: Well, there you go. There's there's the textbook definition. Like I said, I just kind of made my own up as I was thinking about it last night.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but.
Speaker 6: I'll have to tweet it to you. But Rob v had asked me, like, you know, we signed Pokey Wilson a week or so ago Ontario up. Wilson is correct name, of course, which I don't know how he got the name Pokey because he runs a four to three. He's not Poky at all. But at any rate, Rob said, you know, he was up there in Canada play and he was on the Chargers practice squad, but then went to Canada where he could play all the time. And Rob asked me, he was like, you know, was he any good in Canada and I looked it up. It was like eight hundred yards. I forget, but h I found the highlight or if I didn't find it, YouTube found it for me one of his games last year, two hundred and one yards on a touchdown and man, he was lighting up and just some of those catches he was making. All I could think is goodbye Xavier Gibson, you know, because he can't return puns and kicks too, and was a teammate of Germains.
Speaker 1: I mean I know the right there in your shirt, Yeah.
Speaker 6: Yes, yes, my guy reach shirt. I got the in the Jets uniform to not not.
Speaker 1: The autographed and everything. That's that's sweet. I like that.
Speaker 6: Uh where the hell did it go?
Speaker 1: And oh.
Speaker 6: And I got the uh J trav.
Speaker 1: Hat to that I didn't even know that. Of course, geared up, You're always geared up, you know what.
Speaker 6: Tea Public's got a couple of good things. I got that, you know. I got my Williams brother's T shirt there too. Uh you know me. I I love buying the gear, but man, I cannot wait. Uh, I cannot wait for this year to get rolling and uh for this whole thing to turn around and uh, you know, uh, it'd be it'd be great when when you have Samini on, you'll have to ask him, so, uh, how was it getting down by our coach on day one?
Speaker 1: That's going to be a very interesting part of the conversation.
Speaker 6: I imagine, Yeah, you know what, that was awesome that when he was like, you know what, I'm wise to your tricks. This isn't my first rodeo in New York and I'm not having that, and uh, you know, I'm just sitting back and going Connor Hughes, I see your future.
Speaker 1: You know. Yeah. I just put that my notes for the Rich and Media conversation later today. I'll make sure I get that in for sure.
Speaker 6: Right at any rate. I just I like the no nonsense you know, uh attitude that he brings. But you know, he's the thing is is like he's not a jerk, He's not like a hard ass. He just doesn't put up with any bs, and uh, I think that's exactly what we need. He'll hold guys accountable, but not only holding guys accountable, but you know, I could just picture Solid trying to like inspire guys to do better, and he's probably you know, whip out one of his cheesy quotes from you know, I imagine he probably got at Christmas time, he got one of those calendars, like a clever saying for every day of the year, and then yeah, yeah, it kind of it kind of really seemed like that at times for sure.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 6: But the fact that Glenn was a former player and did it at such a high level himself, I think we'll give him almost instant respect with our and so looking looking forward to it, you know, I gotta get I'm gonna let you go and get to some other callers because I've got trine mole and senior mole work to do myself. But defensive tackle from Indiana, which Indiana was one of the best of the was the best of the country against the run, Apparently this guy's you know, they're talking, you know, fourth round pick, fifth round pick. But from what I've heard from people that are there, everybody's like, what really shocked us was his arsenal of pass rush moves. Like we had no idea that he had so you know, so many different moves. So that's you know, he could probably be creeping up some boards. But that's an intriguing player to me.
Speaker 1: And I can't keep doing your work, Ricky, keep doing your scouting work. We're here looking forward to hearing all your notes and quotes, so keep getting all the again. We get the Shrine Bowl going on right now. We got the Senior Bowl going on right now, so keep sharing all your notes. We also have John c out there. I've see he's been interviewing prospects left and right. We'll catch up with him at least on Monday. Maybe we'll have another show squeezed in somewhere in here at some point with him live from the Senior Bowl. Like I said, we'll keep an eye out for all of that, but salute there. A couple of quick comments that will get back to the phone lines. Austria and jetfans said, I was talking about the rumor that we trade for Chris o'lave. I've I heard that. I don't know where it originated from, because then it's the phone game of like someone put it out in the universe and it's been before it's gotten to me. But I did see I'm sure Garrett Wilson would be a fan of it. That was this Ohio State teammate. The Saints will have a head coach yet, so we'll see what happens. I'd imagine I want to build around him. And the thing for those who don't know about Chris o'lave is that he's had a lot of concussion problems, really really bad concussion problems. So they've got a lot of stuff they're dealing with. They've got a lot of stuff they're dealing with out there, or he is specifically in the Saints in general, Kellen Moore is likely the favor to become the next head coach in the New Orleans Saints, but nothing official as far as I've seen on any of that jazz so interesting to say the least, there's no question about it. All right, let's see and make sure there's no more super cheats or anything. All right, thank you and no worries. Ricky on the Voice, apology you No apology is necessary for the voice as sick as a dog. But you're doing God's work with all your tape study and everything else for Shrine Bull Senior Bowl. We appreciate that, good sir. We got eight hundred people in the room. Like the video hit subscribe baby, that's a free way to contribute. And like I said, for all our free subscribers, You guys are gonna get an opportunity to win some cool New York Jets memorability autograph by two former New York Jets first round picks. As soon as we get to seventy five hundred subscribers, We're only like two hundred people away. People, so make sure you share out the link and let's get to seventy five hundred as quick as possible. As soon as we do, I'll be giving it out, baby, I'm ready to give some stuff back to the fans. Let's go to the phone lines. We got June the GM here on the show be Back.
Speaker 4: It was going on Paul So yesterday I find myself wanting to go through the rabbit hole of pain. So I saw documentary for all you Jet fans. You have to watch. This is called the Talk of the Town. It's based on the nineteen eighty one New York Jets when we had the second exchange Gaston or twenty cleco twenty point five seth quarterback Richard Todd, and I'm not gonna tell you the ending. Guys, watching as the best twenty minutes you probably will see. But after the end, so much pain and I said, that's why I'm a Jets fan.
Speaker 1: I'm addicted to the pain.
Speaker 4: I realized that US Jets fans, for some odd reason, are addicted to pain.
Speaker 1: That that's what we're for punishment. There's no question about it. Look at the Jets history and we're all still here. We've all got a weird take, there's no question. Yeah, but I am I am.
Speaker 4: I think that my favorite part of the Avon Glenn press conference was definitely when he told them that's Bill Parcells. I'm Avon Glenn like chill out compared to I'm a new man. This is who I am. I think he's built for it, and you have to have that type of you know, you have to have that type of demeanor. I agree, he's not a jerk, but he's also he's a he's a disciplinarian, he's a man. You're gonna be very direct, That's how I would put it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he's just very straight. Yeah, you have to be though.
Speaker 4: I mean, show show me a coach who's ever been great in this league who didn't have a little edge on him. It doesn't exist in the days of Bill Walsh and and Jimmy Johnson, all them guys. They wasn't super friendly guys. They were they were good men, but they demanded respect. I loved the coaching staff, Wilkes.
Speaker 1: I think more from not.
Speaker 4: Even the defensive aspect of it, but more from the mentoring aspect of it. Now averagn has somebody that he can lean on the times are tough, because times will get tough during the season, you know, half questions Now he has that that Hey, listen, I need some help.
Speaker 1: How do I handle this?
Speaker 4: Interesting when we first sart it, you know, looking for the OC right, I one day I researched that kid, Tanner right, and I don't know why. Look if I told you I knew about Tanner before this OC, sir, I'll be lyon. I never heard of the guy in my life, but when I looked at him, something about him. I said, I like this guy's resume. I think this guy could do something slight forward. Now they're about to hire him. Is a risk, right, But opportunita for the best Oppatuno says, is a risk, not taking risk. So so a lot of the times when a coach becomes a great coach is a risk.
Speaker 1: You know that.
Speaker 4: It's always like that. Most of the coaches that have made break strides in this league have been coaching nobody heard of. I think Abragant is putting together a good staff. I have confidence in him. And if it's one last thing I want to say. I know everybody's got a lot of crazy draft names. We know what's early with that, but the draft. But but that kid, that that kid on warming from Penn State. Let me tell you something. He gives me that Mark Bavaro, that Gronkowski, that shocky that you not catch the boy and I'm looking for you. I want you to tackle me because I'm going to run through your chest. He got good hands, he's fast enough. And it's been a long time since the I haven't been excited about the tight end since Dustin Keller.
Speaker 1: You know what I'm saying a long time ago.
Speaker 4: Let's we could probably trade back, get another second round and get him ten to twelve. But I think that would be a good direction because I think we need the tight We got the tight end coach from Detroit.
Speaker 1: They utilize the tight end down there. Yeah, so I think that was truely Yeah, Yeah, Sambla por Yeah, And.
Speaker 4: I want to ask you a question. Yeah, shoot, how do you feel about Tanner as the OC. Is there anybody else that you wanted us to really consider? Are you comfortable with it? What are you thinking?
Speaker 1: The waters that AG is choosing to swim in is inexperienced relatively speaking, like for instance, Nick Kyley apparently was the top guy for AG. Nick Keley has never been an offensive graordinator at any level in his entire That doesn't mean he can't do it. A man hasn't gotten an opportunity to do the job, perhaps, but he's never been in OC before. But he's around a lot of smart offensive minds. That's sort of interesting to me. We go to Tanner, the boy you just brought up. He has been a offensive coordinator for six seven years in college at San Diego. He did it for a random year in the again defunct XFL now UFL, he had a random year of it there. But he's never done it at the NFL level. So obviously, again to the al Pacino quote that there's a lot of risk here. No matter what I figured my gut would say that he was just going to get a Steve Wilkes offensive Todd Haley, I get whoever, like just someone that's tried and true, a veteran, he's been around the block forever. It's fascinating to me that he's going this direction of young upside. And I assume because we haven't heard a lot of rumors around the support staff of whoever would be for Tanner outside of all the Lions people. Is he going to bring in a Steve Wilkes, a senior personnel guy, a senior offensive got to be around him to give him some you know, another you know, voice to bouncings off of. In that perspective, so I would have leaned at the beginning of all this, you say, Paul AG's been hard, woooo great, and then we're we're all openly in a room talking about the staff. I would have said, Okay, let's go get the biggest veteran offensive name that's been there, done that. Let's get like a North Turner, but someone who's still doing it, like he you know, he's been retired in a consult role. But someone like that, that's Haley exactly, someone who's in their fifty sixties saying boom, we just know this guy is rock salad. Let's get him. And that's where I would have been in the room. And then apparently ag would have said, nah, man, I want to go for this, and I'm like, okay, well shit, you want to know some ag, you do whatever the hell you want to do it, and I'm going to believe any way. I'm gonna say, I'm gonna trust you to pick what's right. So to me, like I said, I would have went more veteran offensive name. Personally, it sounds like we're gonna go tanner ingstrat, who again at least has done the job before, just not at this level, which is an interesting way to do it. Hey, upside that Darren Moojie is thirty nine. You want to upside there, upside here, I'm all for upside. So definitely he's right.
Speaker 4: You can say exactly if you doing it his way, and I respect the fact that if you're gonna fail fail doing it your way, I don't expect him to fill but you have to do it your way when you be.
Speaker 1: Dying your own sword, right, don't do it because other people write like some boob like me, I'm saying you should probably get a veteran guy, and he goes, oh yeah, boyd, you're probably right. Let's go a veteran guy. And then it fails. Guess what what happens to me? Nothing? I can just say any opinion I wanted it. Just who gives this ship? No one holds me accountable. But ag you hire a guy and it sucks, you get fired. So hey, man, die in your own sword. Pick you pick your pick your people, and then go to war. Blacke and go to war, and like, let's go. I think that's again, amen, And I love the fact that he fired.
Speaker 4: You know, I don't like people getting fired, but you know what I'm saying that get get the get the old baggage. That's stench, that's that nasty smell of Loserville out the It's nice, you're a good coach, that's great, but you got to go too, like bring in a whole fresh, new aura, new energy, and ject the building with hope. Because if it's one thing we lack, even fans, when you reach the comments, we have lost the hope. And I pray to God that you know, with these moves, with a good side of draft, that going into the season, we can forget all the paint of the past, and God willing make at least a wild call this year. That's my hope.
Speaker 1: Blessed be he June. I appreciate the call, brother, thank you for calling into the program and all the support. Appreciate all the memberships and everything you've gonna give to this month. It's meant a lot, so again we'll be giving that away. The contests will run through we obviously today's January thirtieth. Tomorrow's a thirty first. At midnight tomorrow, the box offices are closed and we will draw someone new coming up on Saturday morning, So shout out to all you guys that have been in the contest so far. We will do that live in front of all you and you guys will see who comes in again. We've got another show coming up at three o'clock, Phil Malanie, Darren Mooji, and we're gonna do that Riz Sameni interview live at a later point today. Could be four or five, six, somewhere in that ballparks are just just be at the ready for whenever that interview is gonna pop. I'm working with Rich Sumini there. It's probably gonna be four, but we'll have that out hopefully short Listen you guys can see that well. Thanks to the eight hundred people in the room. Like the video, hit subscribe again. We'll be back on at three o'clock, and then we'll be back on at four o'clock. The interviews just keep popping here on Boy Green Daily. Like the video hit subscribe, let's bleep and go. We'll see you guys in a bit. Thanks for joining us here on boy