Speaker 1: Hello, and welcome to Psychic Teachers. We are so excited to be with you this week as we offer to you one of our most favorite episodes to do and for you to listen to. We're going to talk about your questions and answer some of them. So welcome, Sit back, relax, drink a cup of tea, and Samantha, I'm going to start it off.
Speaker 2: If that's okay with you, that sounds great.
Speaker 1: Okay. So this person said, I wanted to send you an email and share a beautiful experience I recently had because of an episode of Yours I listened to. I am a house clean and so I have a lot of time to listen to podcasts. I was listening to one of your episodes and Samantha mentioned asking your spirit guides for a sign as a way to feel connected to them. I was vacuuming when I heard her suggest this, and so I specifically remember shutting off the vacuum, closing my eyes, and intentionally thinking about what sign I'd like to choose as a sign of connection to my guides. I quickly heard in my mind's eye yellow butterfly. So I decided, okay, yellow butterfly will be my sign that my spirit guides are here and do hear me and we are connected. I asked that to see a yellow butterfly at some point soon in my daily life. Shortly after deciding the yellow butterfly would be my sign, I began to second guess myself. It's winter and I live in Ohio. I thought to myself, Wow, I am really setting myself up to fail with this yellow butterfly. I was tempted to switch my sign, but decided to trust my intuition and felt if I switched my sign, it would be inauthentic. That was a Wednesday, Thursday through Saturday. Each morning I would wake up and do my daily meditations, and I would be sure to consciously state that I was still waiting to see my yellow butterfly. Sunday morning, as I was doing laundry, I picked up a shirt out of the dirty laundry basket to talks into the washing machine, and below that shirt was a yellow butterfly necklace charm I had never seen before. I immediately knew this was a sign that I had asked for, and I got chills and was overcome with emotion. Here I thought it would be a real butterfly out in nature. But my guides are creative and delivered me the specific sign I had asked for in a way I never imagined they would. It was a powerful moment for me. I am eager to continue to connect to my spirit guides and travel this journey of into itation and spirituality, and I thank you both for the work you're doing well. I love this story and thank you so much for writing to us about it. I guess one of the things that I have to constantly remind myself is don't limit the universe. And I think that what you've written to us is a perfect example of what we kind of intrinsically do as human beings is we think, Okay, I want a yellow butterfly, and what that means is I want a real, live yellow butterfly to flit in front of my eyes or land on my hand or whatever. And the universe says, well, you're in Ohio in winter and you'd ask for a yellow butterfly. Let's see what we can do. That comes close and they show you this yellow butterfly. Pendit. And I love that the universe has that almost a sense of humor about how it reminds us that there are many many ways in which spirit speaks to us, and I'm just so glad that you were able to recognize that and accept this gift and commit to continuing to work with your guides. The more you are open to working with them and being aware, the more they will work with you.
Speaker 2: I promise you know this story, and we have a couple more like this to share. This week has made me rethink what I always tell people about asking for signs, because I always say you pick the sign, because if you say to your guides, like show me a sign, you're not going to know if that shooting star or that heron landing in your yard is your sign. But if you state the sign, you're going to know it's from them. But we've gotten so many stories and through the years, and especially this month, where people will just think about it like hmm, I think I'm going to ask for a sign, and a sign pops into their head like she's saying, I'm a house cleaner, I'm listening to your podcast and I thought, maybe I'll ask for a sign, And she said I quickly heard in my mind's eye, yellow butterfly. I feel like when you have that symbiotic relationship. We often dismiss it because it just it's like that internal thought, and we wonder is that us is that our guides? And I think that's often the best way to pick a sign now is instead of just asking for any sign or choosing a very specific one, maybe just pause for a minute and say, I'd like to get a sign from you all to to let me know that we are working together, and then just let an image pop into your head and then ask for that.
Speaker 1: I think that's a good idea. I mean, yeah, I try it. And I also think I also think that we don't always just have one sign. I think that there are different signs for perhaps different intents. I mean, I, for example, hawk is one of my primary signs, but there are certainly others, you know, certain kinds of sea shales, for example, when I'm not walking on the beach. You know, I think that connection is brought than we give ourselves an opportunity to experience.
Speaker 2: Sometimes I agree, Yeah, Okay. Our next one says I asked my guides for a specific sign. I asked to see a hawk on my backyard fence by Sunday, it did not happen today. Driving to work, there were two hawks on consecutive street lights a half a block from my work. This is not what I was asking for. Could it still be a sign? I'm asking if I should retire as I've worked in the beauty industry for forty three years. Any recommendations. Well, how synchronistic that this question comes right after our first story, because our first listener was asking to see a yellow butterfly, and she assumed a yellow butterfly was going to fly past her, you know, through the snow, I don't know, right, And then she saw the yellow butterfly necklace in her laundry basket. So I think if you asked to see a hawk on a fence by Sunday, you might not have seen it on your fence, but you saw it on a different kind of friends a street light, and it was close to your work, and you're at your whole question was show me a hawk, so I know if I should retire. And so the fact that you saw two hawks close to your work, I think that's her sign.
Speaker 1: I'm laughing because I remember being at a point at which I had to make a decision to retire. I told the story before I had to retire. I had to make a decision. I had to turn in a letter of retirement so that so that the ecological figure out how to replace me. And they needed time for that. And I mean I had gone back and forth and back and forth, and I had two things happened. One was in meditation, I saw the words on a page on a book that said, when it's time, It's time, And I thought, what book am I looking at here? So I in my mind's eye, I scroll up and I see that it's a line from Women who Run with the Wolves by Clarissa Pine Collas Esses and I went, I found that passage. So I'm thinking, Okay, this is a good one. But I need my hawk to come talk to me. And I'm standing outside my building under a porticoat, so there's a covering over me, and I'm saying to a friend of mine that I'm standing there talking to about you know, I really need a sign from my hawk, and I need it like today. At that moment, a red tail hawk. And I don't know why I believe this hawk was female, but I do. This redtail hawk comes flying from west to east in front of me, not above me, at eye level, so close that I could have touched her wing, and she turned back and looked at me as she flew off into the other you know, blown off. And my friend looked at me and said, what else do you need? And I went upstairs. I reread the letter. It said pretty much what I needed it to say. It was two sentences long, and I handed it to my boss. I love it.
Speaker 2: I have found that when I know the answer to my question but I'm afraid of the answer, yeah, and I ask for a sign, the sign usually doesn't come or it's delayed. It's like my guides are trying to say to me, you already know, you don't need a sign, just remove the fear. And so I wonder if this listener knows she's supposed to retire, but she's afraid. I mean, changes, even happy change is scary, you know absolutely.
Speaker 1: I mean, good golly, I get being scared. I mean, when they're right mind these days, retires and walks away from a job. I get it. Yeah, And yet so many blessings have come into my life. It would have never come had had I not followed through with what my knew spirit wanted me to do. Okay, let's move on to our next one. I found you both back in twenty twenty when I was going through a really difficult time which also pushed me into a huge spiritual awakening, and you were the first podcast I found that really helped me start understanding everything, so thank you. I was curious about what it could mean if pretty much all of your physical problems tend to be on one side of your body. As I've gotten older, the right side of my body seems to be the side that always has the issues that need to be fixed. I'm always wondering about this. I was thinking maybe in a past life things just made that side weaker or more susceptible to stuff. But I was hoping there was something I could do to help balance things out, possibly, Raki, I'd love to know your thoughts on this. Okay, First of all, I am not a medical intuitive and so I'm not really qualified to answer that question from a medical perspective. And Samantha is the Reiki master, so maybe she'll weigh in on that in a few minutes. But what I will say is that energy flows through us, in us and around us, from the left side of our body to the right side of our body. In my beliefs, so the right. The left side of our body is the receptive, accepting side of our bodies, and the left side is the side through which we send out energy.
Speaker 2: The right side, yes blind, So thank you.
Speaker 1: Thank you that I do that all the time. Left side is receiving, right side is releasing. There we go. And so I have found in my personal experience that when, for example, I've got a crink in my neck on the right side, it's because I'm not letting go of something I need to let go of. It's something that's blocked and stuck. And if I will just sit down, be quiet, calm down, and say I released, that is what not for my highest good and you know whatever, and that seems to help. But that's just me. That's all I can really offer about that.
Speaker 2: Samantha's you know, those are really good points. Left being receiving, right being, giving out, letting go. But the left side is also the feminine side, and the right side is the masculine side. So sometimes you have to ask, if you have a pain in your neck on the right side, you have to ask, who's the man or masculine energy, who's being a pain in my neck right now? If you have a gain in your lower left back. You have to say, what female or feminine energy is not making me feel supported?
Speaker 1: Yes, and I want to add to that because that's that's true. But there's another possibility, I think, and that is that if you're having this stuff on your right side, in terms of the masculine energy side, it's there's sometimes there's such an expectation of us to be human doings and we lock up and we don't want to do that.
Speaker 2: Whatever it is, Yes, and I have something. I have something else to add that's even more confusing. I have found that because I'm left handed, it's the opposite for me.
Speaker 1: Some people say that, and I knew you were going to bring that up. Everything I've read doesn't say that's true. But if that's what's been your experience, then certainly we have to trust that.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I think if you're left handed, you just have to pay extra attention to how the energy is flowing through you. Now, in terms of fixing this, I would recommend chakra balancing. I would recommend cranial sacral massage because that specifically works on the fascia in your body, which is where energy gets stuck in our bodies. So if you're getting a lot of issues on the right side. You might have some fluid build up on that right side of your body energy speaking, that could be helped with the cranial sacral massage. Reiki always helps because reiki is like energetic draino and it just kind of allows more light and your body and go through your energy, helping you to release what's blocking you.
Speaker 1: So there are lots of options for this person.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but definitely journal about what are you holding on to you, what are you not letting go of, and that I think will give you some answers and insights as well. Okay, our next email is about an astral projection experience one of our listeners had.
Speaker 3: It.
Speaker 2: Says, I was in my forties and it was an awake dream as I found myself walking around my living room while my body was asleep in bed. I recalled drifting through the sliding glass door onto our back porch, where two large entities of loving energy awaited to discuss something of importance with me. Upon awakening, I could not remember what we discussed, and to this day still cannot remember the conversation. So that's a pretty amazing astral projection experience. And you know what, stands out to me is that she had this encounter with these two loving entities, they had to discuss something important with her, and upon a weakening, she couldn't remember. Doesn't that remind you of all the near death experience stories as well? They'll say we got all the answers we've ever wanted about the universe, and then when I came back into my body or was revived, I don't remember it.
Speaker 3: Oh.
Speaker 1: Absolutely, I've certainly experienced things like that in connecting to my higher self and meditation kind of work, where the answer to the whole universe was there in front of me, and in poof it wasn't there when I came.
Speaker 2: To Yeah, And I always think about what my guide said to me, which was your soul remembers right?
Speaker 1: And I believe it does. I believe we do at some pre cellular level. I think I don't know another way to say that. All right, let me tell us about the next one. I'd like to share a visitation dream I had a few months after giving birth to my second child, I started to have horrible anxiety and panic attacks at work, so I quit my job. I felt like I failed my husband and kids. In one of my panic attacks. When my kids fell asleep, I called out to my grandma, Please come see me. Granny, I need you. I was worried she wouldn't come because I had recently saged my home. Because I was so scared and overwhelmed, I laid in bed alone. My husband was working nights, and I prayed and meditated. Then it felt like someone sat next to my pillow. I laid there, fully awake, but with my eyes closed, and I could feel my Granny's hands patting my face and running through my hair. I started crying happy tears, and I whispered, you came. The petting didn't stop until I fell asleep again. I could smell her vanilla musk perfume. I could feel the warmth and pressure of her sitting near my head, and her smooth hands and nails tracing my face like she always did when I would crawl into her lap. I finally felt at peace. How wonderful. I'm sorry you had the panic attacks and the anxiety experiences, but I'm also very, very glad that you knew you could reach out to your grandmother and that she came. I think that's just wonderful and burning sage or whatever herbs you're using to clear energy in your space doesn't necessarily stop someone who loves you and you love from coming through, so ask you not to think in that terms particularly, but I would say that it's wonderful that she visited you, that she gave you that comfort you needed, and that it helps you to now be at the piece that you're experiencing. That's just great, it really is.
Speaker 2: I love that. All right, let's take a quick break and we'll be right back to share more of your fabulous stories and questions.
Speaker 1: I folks, if your resolutions and commitments for this year include learning more about yourself and your relationship to universal energy, and you might find the e booklets and reports that I offer on my website helpful. You may want to consider an Animal guide report or a Numerology report in this nine year My Moon Magic and More e booklet helps you connect to the cycles of the moon and why they're important to you. You can find all of these and more information on my website Deboen dot com.
Speaker 2: Okay, welcome back. This next one I think you're going to enjoy. I've been thinking about it so much, she rates, this might seem crazy, but I'm working from home today and doing some monotonous work. So I wanted to listen to something, maybe something funny. I asked Alexa if there is a Tina Fay podcast. Alexa said, sure, playing Psychic Teachers with Samantha Fay. Obviously obviously the slapstick humor I was looking for, but I decided to give it a try. And the episode that played you described meeting a man that just happened to know your dear friend who had passed away. That man was Benny Hill. Benny Hill was actually playing at the Duck and Dive the night I met the man who is now my husband. I have to wonder what the odds are of accidentally turning on a podcast that is hosted by someone in my same town who talked about the man playing music on the magical night I met my husband.
Speaker 1: Well, first of all, I need to say something about this before you answer her. What do you mean we're not funny? I mean, I mean, surely you think we're as funny as Tina today? All right now, Samantha short term.
Speaker 2: No, I definitely would not say I'm as funny as Tita Fay.
Speaker 1: But I think you love that.
Speaker 2: I love that you think we are. I think it was just so wild that there she is in this little.
Speaker 3: Beach town in North Carolina and she's like Alexa play something by Tita Fay, and she's like Samantha Fay for psychic Teachers and never has heard of me, never has listened to our show, and finds out that not only do I live in her same town, but we know the same man, and you know the same musician. That's just that is synchronous city at work. And those are little signposts I believe that are letting us know where on the right path. Whenever you have those crazy cool coincidences. I think they're just little little subliminal nudges, like you're doing.
Speaker 2: Okay, how about that?
Speaker 1: But fun And Benny Hill really is a great musician, by the way, he really is.
Speaker 2: He's a connector apparently too.
Speaker 1: Apparently so I was in a different restaurant a few weeks ago where he was playing.
Speaker 2: It was really very nice.
Speaker 1: Okay. The next one says, my question is about the differences between Le Norman and Kipper card decks. They seem similar for divination, but how are they different from tourot. I've seen readers use them as clarifiers, but very seldom alan for a reading. When I've encountered a reader who uses Lenorman or Kipper cards, the spreads look very complex and each card interpretation is dependent on all the other cards around them. For example, card A to the right of card B means X, but on the left side it means something else, or if it's placed above or below. I've read that some cards in the Kipper deck are given more emphasis than others, meaning if they show up at a reading it changes the entire reading meaning of the spread. Oh boy, okay, so here's what we know sort of. The Kipper, like Leonorman, uses thirty six cards, but the Kipper is more literal, whereas Lenorman is more metaphoric. Lenorman cards were created in the late eighteenth century, and many of the symbols are based on those found in coffee grounds. The cards are labeled with these symbols, such as anchor, whip, and heart. They tend to focus on the who, what, when, and where are questions. In both decks, the significator or main character card is placed in one spot, and then the other cards are interpreted around this card and based on the distance between that card and the significator card. For example, if a negative card is far away from the person card, it means the negative situation is a distant possibility. It also matters where the person card is facing. The Norman readings tend to offer an overall theme of what's going on in your life, whereas Kipper cards tend to focus on actions that need to be taken by the quarrant that it's much more complex to work with these two decks, and they really have differing intents I think than the way we think of what has become known as the traditional.
Speaker 2: I agree, I don't know that it's more. I mean there's only thirty six cards to learn in those decks, and I don't think you deal with reversals in that deck. So with Teruau, you have the seventy six cards to learn plus the reversals, so that is a lot. They're just completely different systems of divination, and I think you just have to look at what resonates for you. I mean, after reading there's a famous French psychic who helped create the lenor Man cards, and I did a deep dive into that years ago, and I got the deck and I don't know some of the cards. I know, in the Toureau you've got the Devil card and you've got the death card, but the Lenor Man, there's like the Coffin cards that always kind of spooked me. It just didn't resonate with me as much, even though I really tried. So I think you just have to try the different decks and see what speaks to you, all right. Our next one says, I've been catching up on some episodes and came across a couple of Q and A shows where Samantha I was talking about her reiki practice and how she got started. I received my Reiki Level one atumin in the summer of twenty twenty three and have not yet made it back to receive my much anticipated Level two. I think that part of my delay, aside from renovating a money pit for all of twenty twenty four, is that I don't feel like I'm practicing enough or connected enough, so there's some guilt about wanting the level two. I'm working on this. In one of those episodes, I heard Samita mention that she maintained a practice of self reiki for twenty one days and that it had a profound impact on the development of her own reiki practice, intuition and psychic gifts. My question is this, I've looked around for some guidance on a twenty one day practice for beginners, but I haven't found anything. Can you please give some guidance on what you did and any additional practices you might find valuable for a beginner that may not be feeling that they are at full capacity. I know you said that you highly recommend getting the level two A because many people feel a boost in the energy flow once they do. But I want to break out of the stagnant feeling before them. Okay, I think I kind of made up the twenty one practice the twenty one day practice. And let me explain that. When I got my Reiki one with Annie, her Reiki two class was about a month later, and so I had signed up for both and she said, before you come back for Reiki level two, do the reiki meditation on yourself. You know the hand. You can google self reiki hand positions and you do that on yourself every day until you come back. And so it was about twenty one days, maybe twenty seven days before I went back for level two. During this time, I was also doing a deep dive into the science behind manifesting, and I started coming across all these studies that showed it takes about twenty one days of doing anything consistently to make it an automatic habit for the body. And so if you are working with an affirmation, for example, you want to say it many, many times each day for at least twenty one days, and then it becomes like a habit of your thought and it helps you manifest. And I remember when I was doing reiki on myself every day for those three three and a half weeks before Reiki Level two, it did become automatic and it did help reawaken my intuition. So I think that's probably why you haven't found a lot of guidance on the twenty one day practice. But for me, it really worked, and I recommend it. I think what you need to do is either get that reiki poster. You can go to reiki dot org and they have little posters that show the hand positions. I just put that up in my office and I would just stare at it while I did myself reiki on myself. Or you could just google it and have your laptop in front of you. If you're not a lottite like me, and really really work on meditating while doing those reiki hand positions all over your energetic body. It will change you. I recommend getting Reiki two fairly quickly after Reiki one. A lot of people are now doing them in a weekend class, so you'll get Reiki one on Friday and Reiki two on Saturday, and then Sunday you'll do some reiki shares where you can practice it. But I think it's important to move on to the Reiki two whether you feel you're there or not, because it does help to clear you, because you learn the sacred reiki symbols and it takes it to a new level, and it helps you really understand the subtle yet powerful impact of reiki when you combine the symbols with it. So I hope that helps you. And if you don't feel called to it, you don't feel called to it, that's okay too. You can learn another healing modality.
Speaker 1: Absolutely so. Our next one says I had a close friend and coworker who passed away over a year ago. She and I were very close and I felt her presence close to me shortly after she passed. Every so often I find myself talking to her in my head and get clear responses back in her voice, and that feel like her personality. These responses flow so freely. I thought maybe it was just my imagination. But when I try to have these conversations in my head with someone living like my husband or my mom, it doesn't work. Am I making this up? Or could I actually be communicating with her? It feels insane even typing this. But I know you will understand. Yes, we understand, We sure do understand. You know. I believe, and I know that Samantha believes this too, that our loved ones never really leave us, and that even if, even when there are times for some of us. And this has been true for me when I have talked in my head to people on the other side and they've not answered, it's been disconcerting. It's felt uncomfortable and unpleasant. And yet I know they're busy, they do things over on the other side, that they have jobs and tasks to do. It's what I believe. But I believe that if you're hearing that response, it's a way of the energy that was your friend comforting you and giving you connection. And I think that's just lovely. So the answer is yes, I think you're communicating with her. I don't think you're insane.
Speaker 2: No, but I understand where she's coming from, because it does feel like you're just kind of walking to yourself in a way, you know, I.
Speaker 1: Know, and we think, oh, golly, is that just what I want to hear her say?
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah. But I had this powerful experience. I was just walking by myself. Well, I think Lily, but I think I was walking Lily. But I was not with any other people, and I didn't have my EarPods with me, no distractions, and I was I worried because a very very close friend of mine who had passed away, I hadn't heard from quite some time. And so in my head, I just said, where have you been? You know, no dreams about you. You haven't popped into my meditations. And I'm just walking broad daylight in my neighborhood. I'm not meditating, my chakras aren't open. I'm not you know, I'm just talking in my head. And I clearly heard him say I'm getting ready to reincarnate to my youngest brother. And it was so clear, and it was in his accent, and I thought, could this be true? And I thought the same as our listener, like I was making it up, and so I quickly called our mutual friend and she was like, no, he that younger brother is young and he just got married and they're saving up for a house. And I was like, okay, I guess I did make it up in my head. And then a couple of months later, she texted me and was like, holy shit, like, go to Instagram, did you see his post? And sure enough, they're pregnant. And guess what they named the baby.
Speaker 1: Your friend's name.
Speaker 2: Yep, I'm sure they do. I do think that we can converse with them that way.
Speaker 1: I do too, But I also wanted to say to folks who are listening and who are thinking, well, golly, that doesn't happen to me. And I've tried and tried and tried to talk to somebody on the other side. Let me tell you something I have to and for me, that person is my sweet, wonderful grant E Gien, the palm Reader. I have begged her, I have cried, I have pleaded, I have yelled, I have cussed. I have said everything I could think of in every way possible to have her talk to me and she's not doing it. So I called our friend Dale the medium, and said, see if you've talked janusly what she's doing. I mean, surely she'll talk to you. And Dale did. She tried to connect with her, and she called me back and she said, she is so excited over on the other side. She has all these friends over there, which I knew she was one of the last of many of her friends to die and crossover. She said, she is just having a ball and she is not thinking about us over here on this plane very much at all. She'll get around to you. So I'm waiting and I'm hoping that's true. And I'm glad to know she's doing okay over there. Of course she is, and having fun.
Speaker 2: Of course she is. She's leading a tango line.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 2: I had a really cool experience on my vacation. My sisters and I haven't heard from my dad a whole lot, and just before I left for the trip, my sister was like, I'm really worried about Dad, Like, you know, our dad was so kind, but often when you're kind, you're prone to guilt, you know what I mean, Like like if someone came into his home and stubbed their toe, he'd apologize for an uneven floor, do you know what I mean? Like he was just always like, oh, that must be my fault. And so she was like, I wonder if he's like just stuck in the life review process and he's feeling guilty over decisions and choices, and you know, can you ask him? And I'm like, yeah, like I have been. I haven't heard much either. So I'm on vacation. I have no Wi Fi for several days, which is you know, which was a shock to me. So I have no distractions at all, and I'm just relaxed and sleeping really well. And I had this dream where my dad and I were sitting at this table and you have to picture like the biggest largest It was like a black touch screen, but it was like if you picture a huge wall triple it it this huge, huge black screen and we're sitting at the stable and my dad said, of course, I haven't been communicating with you guys a whole lot. He said, this is so fascinating, and he said, I'm going to spend as much time in this life review process as I can. I'm having so much fun and it's so intriguing, and he said, but I need to apologize to you, Samantha, And I said, apologize to me for what? And he goes, watch this, and he hits the black touch screen and picture like gold spidery branches of lines. Okay, he said, every time I hit a pivotal decision I made, and he hits this one spot on the black touch screen. He said, it shows me all the alternative options I could have taken. And then he goes, watch this everyone connected closely to me, like you and your sisters and your mom. It shows me how that decision changed your path. It was so wild, and so he said that they showed him. My dad was very competitive with work, and so anytime he was offered a better job or promotion, he took it. And so we moved a lot when I was a kid, and I changed schools several times. And he said, look at this, and he showed me. It was so big. I really have a hard time comprehending it. But basically he was saying that moving all of that time in my childhood really delayed my spiritual progress, and it hindered my confidence for a long time. And so he wanted to apologize for that, but he showed me that eventually I got to where I was supposed to be. It just took a little longer because of the choices he made.
Speaker 1: How about that? Yeah, we really are all connected, are we not?
Speaker 2: I know? But it really it taught me a couple of things. One, you have to look at the personality of the person. Like we've heard from my mom a lot, but she was a very nosy person. She used to tell me, I'm going to haunt you when I die, just so I can check on you and see how you're doing. Like, you know, that's just her. So we've heard from her. But my dad he was always very quiet and silent, and he really didn't like to talk a whole lot unless it was about deep, spiritual or political stuff. So it makes sense that he would just kind of be enjoying this spiritual library experience, being able to ask and explore and think about all of this stuff. And it's the same with Granny Jean, Like she was so fun and really knew how to live in the present moment. Of course, she's like Earth that was forever ago. I've got a new life now. So when you're trying to hear from your people, and you don't hear from them. Try not to dig it personally and really consider the personality of the person you're trying to connect with. And then part two what I learned is really consider where you are in your life. Because my sisters and I were all very, very busy, and we're distracted, and we're running from this thing to this thing and putting out that fire and answering that text. And it was only when I fully unplugged and went away on a vacation that my dad was able to get through to me.
Speaker 1: Wow, Okay, move us on to the next one.
Speaker 2: All right, Well, let's take a quick break our last one, and we'll be right back with some more great questions. Okay, welcome back. Our next one says at the beginning of last summer, my life got flipped upside down in worst and probably the best of ways. My marriage abruptly ended and I had to move into a house I could afford. I was working as an artist maintenance person. I was working that job because it offered flexibility to my spouse's travel schedule so that I could take on more caretaking roles for our son. When I moved to the other house, I had to make a decision for financial security. Either stay working where I was and live very, very skinny with very little breathing room, or get a job as a carpenter with less flexibility but more pay. That would mean that I would also have to give up working with my brother and having less one on one time with my son due to the hours and inflexibility of a new schedule. From listening to your show, I decided to lean into asking my guides for a sign. I was driving with my son on a Saturday and was like, Okay, I'll ask for a sign, I guess, And I remember thinking, the hell do I ask for? And the thing that popped into my head was a red balloon, and I thought that's stupid. I'm not asking for that. Then I was like, no, no, no, this is what we're doing now. Red balloons came to us very randomly for some reason, just follow it. We were driving to an end of life ceremony for a friend's dad, and I remember thinking, how the hell is a red balloon going to show up? Well on the way home, my son started pointing out what he was seeing on the billboards off the side of the highway, which he's never done before. So I started doing it with him, and the first billboard I saw had a bunch of random things on it, including a red balloon, and I thought, huh, look at that. But of course I was like, coincidence, show me another red balloon. We were on our way to a birthday party for one of his school friends, and yep, they were red balloons. And of course, since this was my first time asking for a sign, I chalked it up to coincidence as it was a birthday party. Later that evening, I was scrolling my emails, opened one up and there was a red balloon on one of the emails. Third Times a charm. And later that evening, while watching ted Lae, so oh great show. The episode I was watching featured very randomly red balloons. I'd ask for the red balloon as a sign whether I should take this new job opportunity that I'd been offered higher pay, amazing benefits, but at the cost of handing over family time and connection. I was working next to my brother and getting to take my son to and from school on my days with him, so it was loud and clear that I was to take the new job and to boot On my very last day, of the job I was leaving. I pulled into the parking lot only to find one loan and very grandom red balloon on the ground and the parking lot just sitting there. I bawled in my car, but was profoundly grateful for the gentle guidance your show had provided so much knowledge and solace in such a dark and lightning and confusing time of my life. You two have helped me to get through some of the hardest and darkest days I've been through and help shed light on a whole new side of life. Thank you graciously. Oh wow, I love that. I feel like you know this is one of our people, because if I saw a red balloon at a child's birthday party, I would have had the same reaction. Try again, right, of.
Speaker 1: Course, I mean you're supposed to say red balloons at children's parties.
Speaker 2: I mean, hello, yeah, so I totally I totally get you know that, needing for more. But boy did they show up and provide those red balloons. Which is great because I think going through a divorce is terrifying and tragic and sad and awful, and it is a metaphorical death. But then you add financial worry on top of that, and worried about your son. It's just it's all too much. And we always think when we have these crossroad decisions, you know, do I choose the money and the benefits or do I choose the family time? And that's that's never an easy choice. So I love that her guides were his guides. I'm not I don't have a name for who wrote this, showed up in this way to let this listener know, take the job. You're going to be fine. Your son's going to be fine. And I'll tell you after my divorce, I had to work a lot more too, and I felt very guilty about not being one hundred percent of the time with my kids. But their confidence soared. I mean, they really learned a lot of things without me being there twenty four to seven. I mean, I'll never forget the first time coming home from my little office and my fourteen year old had cooked dinner. That was such a gift, let me tell you.
Speaker 1: But I remember the day I told you they were old enough to make their own peanut butter sandwiches.
Speaker 2: I know, deb always gets on me for doing too much with my kids.
Speaker 1: None stop that. It's that you gotta let them fly. And look how they've flown. I mean, what amazing young women they are becoming.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and that's what I want my listener to hear, that it's okay to make those choices because sometimes the choice we think is not the best for our family actually turns out to be exactly what they need.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 2: Thank you for sharing, and thank you graciously for listening to the show.
Speaker 1: Absolutely so, man, I think you know. One of the things that I just want to point this out before we move on to the next one. I love to see the trends that come with the emails that we get where it's almost as if there's some kind of universal instruction out there somewhere that says, okay, everybody, now's a good time to learn about signs and the various aspects of signs. Because we've had true it is true, isn't it.
Speaker 2: We'll get like a whole month of questions or stories about dreams, and then we'll get a whole month of questions and stories about rocks.
Speaker 1: That's true, it is true, And this month we're on to signs. And here's another one. This person says, I've been thinking of a career change and decided to ask for a sign if I should apply for a new job within the same school system. Let me find a black feather if I should stay, let me see a real life hour. When I got home, I found a black and black blue feather in my yard. This confused me. I pictured a big, solid black feather, like from a crow. But I picked it up and put the feather under a rock so I could show it to my husband. When I went to get the feather and asked what my husband thought, the feather was gone. I looked high and low under all the furniture and on top of all the furniture. What do you make of this? I told my husband I was upset about the missing feather, and he said, well, maybe it was not your son. Where did that darn feather go. It's only been twenty four hours since speaking with my guides, but I haven't seen an owl yet. I'm so confused because rarely do I ever find feathers just lying in my yard. Two days later, I found a gray feather with black in it. What do you make of this? Oh? Okay, I make a lot of things of this, So let me see if I can swear it through here. First of all, and foremost Divine timing and human timing can be very different. And we in today's world live in a very quick modern chief whiz, I'd ask for this sign, it's been five minutes, where is it? And I do that. I do that too, So we ask for that in the universe is like, well, you need to ponder this for a bit, and why are you really asking for this? And what might you be able to do without a sign? Because sometimes that's what the universe is is, you know, you got to figure it out on your own. And we don't like that answer, but sometimes that's that's what happens. So there's this time element here that I would invite all of our listeners to rethink about the notion of waiting and being patient. The other thing is to while I think you were clear in your mind about a big black feather, well how big? How black? Do you want a blackbird feather? Do you want to crow feather? Do you want a black feather from part of the back of a magpie? I mean, you know, so there's a there's a lot of variations in your question. And I think that where the feather went you said you put it under a rock in the house and where did it go? I don't know where it went. I don't know, but I do think that sometimes our guides and our connections to the other side invite us to just be still and just wait and ask again in another way perhaps, and spend some time asking yourself what you want, finding that strength within you, And then when we begin to clarify that, sometimes that's when the sign comes. Well.
Speaker 2: And I would just like to point out that she did not see any owls.
Speaker 1: No, SHO didn't.
Speaker 2: So I don't think she's staying where she is. I think she should consider the new job in the same school system, maybe because the signs aren't clear in her mind. Like you were saying, it's a timing issue, I think so Okay. Our next one says, I've been on this weird path for a while now and recently lost my father to a very aggressive brain cancer. It was a horrific ten month journey, and I thought I would feel a connection or something from him, but nothing, which was enough to start me doubting and questioning. But I constantly asked for help, guidance, and signs, and I don't seem to get anything. I know I could be missing them and I seem to struggle to get some kind of daily practice. But I struggled with just surviving each day as a single working mom. But it's now reflecting in my ten year old's behavior, especially after the death of my father, which was the only male figure in his life. I'm hoping that maybe you can answer this question on your podcast, But what do you do when you constantly ask for signs and don't receive anything. I hate that I'm doubting and struggling. I'm just hoping for any guidance anyone can give me. Okay, So I just want to say that what you're saying in this email is telling me that you're still in the grieving process and you're also in a very, very busy season of your life. You say that you're just surviving, You're just struggling to survive each day as a single working mom, which I think so many of us can resonate with. There's just a lot on your plate right now, and when we have so much going on in our lives, in our minds, in our thoughts, it's almost impossible for spirit to get through to us. It's like being in a loud, noisy, chaotic traffic jam. Of everyone trying to rush out of a concert. Nothing's going to get through. It's just stagnation and stuck. And that's okay. And of course you're going to be having doubts. So I would just recommend if you can't do a daily practice totally get that, that's fine. Maybe you could do a weekly practice, you know where like every Sunday morning you go for a walk by yourself. Or if your son's too small, well he's ten. You said he was ten. Okay, Yeah, you can leave him in the house and walk around your neighborhood alone, or you guys could go for a drive and just tell him to be quiet. But you need to be silent within your heart and soul for about ten to fifteen minutes at least once a week, so that you are starting to carve out some of that frantic, stressful, chaotic energy that comes with just being a single parent and trying to work and take care and clean and cook and pay bills and all of that. You need to give yourself a break from that, not even to hear from your dad, but to hear from you your soul. You know, what are you really thinking and feeling and how are you showing up for yourself and how are you taking care of your beautiful heart? And once you can carve out time for that, even if it's just once a week, or heck, even if it's just once a month, but you need to find I call it your personal church, you know, and I don't mean that as an actual building, but you need to find a place every week you can go to that fuels you that completely makes you feel centered in whole again. It could be church, It could be temple, synagogue. It could be a walk in the woods. It could be a quiet drive on an early Monday, on an early morning before everyone else is up and about. It could be a yoga class. It could be sitting at your dining room table and mindlessly coloring. Anything that just makes you feel tuned in and turned off and relaxed for a moment. And once you can build on that, your father will be able to come through. I hope that helps deb Do you want to share our last one?
Speaker 1: I So this came in from a long time listener that we know and just have really appreciated her steadfastness with being a listener to this podcast. And she said that a friend of hers had reached out to her for her thoughts on a situation, and she didn't know the answer, and she thought she'd ask us. So here it is. She says, my friend was sleeping and dreamed there was a child around two years old in her house. When she woke up, about two feet away from her, she saw the foot impression in the carpet, and she sent us a picture.
Speaker 2: And you can see it's a child's foot.
Speaker 1: Yeah it is. And she said she doesn't have any children or pets in her home. I'm amazed and at a loss as to what to tell her. Well, I think she had a visitor. I do do. I mean, that's what I think. Now, Who was it, Why was it? What was that about? I don't know. There are a lot of questions that we would have if we were talking to her about about why this child came in. So one thought may be that this is a child, This is a person that she has known who came to see her in their childlike form, because the folks can do that. It may be a child that's going to come into her world in some way, maybe not through herbert through someone she knows. It may be a child who had at some point lived in the house that she's living in and may have been connected to the house, but I would not discredit the fact that it was real. I would not do that. So I would say make it, write it down, be sure you've dated and time it, and then just ask for okay, if this is something that I need to know about and connect with again, let me be aware of and connected to whatever this was in a second time, and pay attention to the idea that if that might come again.
Speaker 2: Beautiful advice. Thank you, Deb, and thank you everyone for listening. We hope you enjoy these fantastic questions and amazing stories. Remember if you have a question or store you want to share with us, email us Psychic Teachers at gmail dot com. We hope you have a great week filled with your own wonderful signs and communications, synchronicities, and fantastic dreams. Be the light everyone, for yourself and others.
Speaker 1: Take care everyone.
Speaker 2: Thank you for listening to Psychic Teachers, your podcast for seekers, light workers, mystics, and magical thinkers. If you like the show, please tell a friend or leave us a review wherever you listen to your podcast. For more information, check out our Facebook page Psychic Teachers or our websites Samantha Fay dot com and deb Bowen dot com. Thanks for listening, sitting, and have a great week.