Speaker 1: Phoning in. We're taking your calls on the LA Clippers right now.
Speaker 2: This is Clippers Talk on Aaron on Demand, the Clippers Show of Record, your chance to react to everything.
Speaker 1: Clippers Clippers news happens.
Speaker 3: Let me guess it's about Kawhi.
Speaker 1: Here we are and.
Speaker 2: Now here it is the host of your LA Clippers pre and postgame.
Speaker 1: At follow Adam a Adam Mosley. The Clippers ran up the score with the Bulls.
Speaker 4: In a three point shootout where they would win by five at one forty two to one seventeen and one of their most efficient game shooting wise of the season.
Speaker 1: Welcome into your post game show. I'm out a Moslin. This is Clippers Sock.
Speaker 4: You're on the M five seventy LA Sports and on the YouTube side at Clippers Talk.
Speaker 1: Appreciate you guys.
Speaker 4: If you want to get on eight six six nine eight seven two five seventy eight sixty six ninety seven two five seventy is the phone number.
Speaker 1: Maybe you want to respond.
Speaker 4: After a couple of days of panicking and saying it's over, we saw trade every Clippers win one game. The same people who are saying where do we go from here? Well they go back to La. Now those same people are saying, like, I believe in this team, they can be a contender again. I hey, if you want to live and die with every game, that's what being a fan is about. Sometimes I would just say, if you can't hold on to a little bit of perspective and not be a prisoner of the moment, it's good for your heart. It's better than prilosec. It's really good for your heart. That's the area I like to live in. This Clippers team was in trouble. It started off okay. They led heading in to that second quarter by a score of thirty one to twenty six, after Dereck Jones Junior had nine points on the first quarter alone to lead them in that area. I still was going, though, as Kawai gonna assert himself a little bit more? Is he gonna attack a little bit more? The only got up three shots the first seven and a half minutes. A mere coffee though, also saved him with seven points off the bench in the first and then just start the second.
Speaker 1: Who would have thunk it?
Speaker 4: I know you guys often don't like these lineups, and you call out coach lou all the time when they happen, so you're gonna give him credit when they are successful. He starts the second quarter with Ben Simmons, Niko Batoum, Drew U Banks, Bogie, and Emir and from the end of the first to the start of the second, that girl grows on a twelve two run. They cooked. They were awesome. A Mer had seven more points in that second quarter. Bogie was getting more involved offensively. Drew you, Banks played really well, was playing aggressive basketball out there, guarding on one end, had four points on the other. And the Clippers got up by twelve.
Speaker 1: They looked great.
Speaker 4: Then the starters came back in and they just gave it away, mostly due to turnovers. Within the span of three minutes and twenty seconds.
Speaker 3: I believe.
Speaker 4: They went from being up twelve to down one, and they would head into the half down one at sixty to fifty nine. During those three minutes and twenty seconds, or during the last really seven minutes of the second quarter when the starters came back in, they had four turnovers. And during that stretch when the turnaround happened, three of them were by James Harden, some really bad ones where he didn't get back on defense done and beats. Zubas did, but he didn't. Kawhi had another one. I was frustrated. Harden looked completely out of gas.
Speaker 3: He looked cooked.
Speaker 4: He looked like a guy that has been playing far too many minutes because he has. Coach Louz even apologized for it. They've needed him to. Kawhi came back for this ballgame, thank goodness. And somehow after an abysmal first half from James Harden, where he had more turnovers than points, he turned things around in a hurry in that third quarter. To start the third it was Kawhi Leonard and I was talking about him, need to be a little bit more aggressive. And actually, as Carlo asked me heading into the third quarter, right away, what.
Speaker 1: The key is here the Clippers?
Speaker 4: We uh, I think we got a highlight for you of that, we got a clip for you. Daniel West is grabbing it. I thought Kawhi needed to start straw in the third quarter. He only took six shots in the first half, and uh, yeah he did.
Speaker 5: We got it sure to start this second half, Adam, what are you looking for with this group here? In half them or two?
Speaker 1: Well, let's see Kawhi be more assertive. He's only taking six shots so far.
Speaker 4: He's had good bounce to him, but he's got to be more aggressive and lead this team.
Speaker 5: He had twenty two in his last game, a season high. He's got it left wing, He jams right, looks at the rim, puts it on the floor, fires and hits good call. Adham sixty one sixty. Clippers lead by one.
Speaker 4: Sometimes it goes your way like that. So Kawhi starts things off for the Clippers. They take the lead, he gets fouled their next time down, makes a couple of free throws. He took their first three shots of that third quarter.
Speaker 1: And I liked what I was seeing.
Speaker 4: Honestly, I thought it was a good process. It's time to getting back to playing through Kawhi more and for him to process quickly what's happening out there, and when he's being doubled, make quick decisions. And I was seeing some of it, and I thought, this Clippers offense has a nice rhythm to it. Little did I know what would be occurring in that third quarter very quickly, because yeah, they found their legs. They found their offense that third quarter. As Kawhi Leonard handed to the baton over to James Harden after Kawhi. I want to say, I had a quick six points in the third and then Harden, who had just three points, just three in the first half, just went go active.
Speaker 1: As Brian Seeman would say, super nova. And it wasn't just him.
Speaker 4: Everybody started hitting from the outside. It was incredible. This Clippers team went eight of eleven from three in the third quarter alone, and James Harden dropped twenty. He could not miss. We've seen this many times before. They needed him badly. He took over.
Speaker 1: But the problem was the Chicago Bulls weren't going anywhere.
Speaker 4: They were knocking down everything too. They ended up going eight of eleven from three in the third quarter as well. I told you guys, my key to victory was well, Chicago averages forty three attempts from the outside per game, and their third in makes from three per game sixteen.
Speaker 1: Can't let them get going. I don't know if the Clippers let them get going.
Speaker 4: Like some of these guys just got scorching hot and were knocking down shots with a hand in their face. I was taking note of this. A lot of them were well defended, and it didn't matter in that third quarter specifically when they went eight of eleven from three. They finished nineteen of forty two, so they made three more than they typically do. The Clippers got challenged, they got somewhat of an outlier shooting performance from a team that shot what eight percent better from three than they normally do. But the Clippers, they had one of their most efficient shooting games themselves, nineteen of thirty seven. A lot of that's James Harden seven of fourteen, but really it was between him, Kawhi and Bogie. Those guys ended up going fourteen of twenty four from three. Fourteen of twenty four. That's fifty eight percent. And I told you guys who were giving up on Bogie already and saying, you know, he lost us the game the other night, stick with him. This guy is a professional shooter, and he got off the snide four of five from three with huge ones in the fourth. Like the Clippers, they weren't pulling away. Chicago wasn't going anywhere. Even with that James Harden twenty point third quarter, that level of takeover where he hit went the far side corner, then on the right wing, then straight away to put him up ninety five to eighty seven. Even with all that, as he was playing and just around the world on the perimeter, knocking down three pointers like Kobe White couldn't miss, it was going against him too. He ended up going four of eleven. Josh Giddy was four of four. Are you kidding me? Trey Jones was two of two.
Speaker 1: Herder who has.
Speaker 4: Been struggling ever since that first round series with the Kings against the Golden State Warriors a couple of years ago. From three, he hasn't been the same. His confidence has been down.
Speaker 3: I didn't know.
Speaker 4: Josh Giddy was shooting thirty seven percent from three on the season.
Speaker 1: That's impressive. Maybe they didn't need to get a first round pick in.
Speaker 4: That trade with Alice Cruzo going to ok see, he's been good, he's become a better shooter. But so they're getting a taste in our own medicine right back at him, and the Clippers are only up five heading into the fourth.
Speaker 1: To start the fourth, both teams turn it over.
Speaker 4: You got Simmons, Kawhi but toom Bogie and a mirror out there. Simmons then has a steal that leads to an a mirror layup and Chicago already with a sense of urgency. There called a time out with the Clippers only up six. The Bulls then, and this was one disturbing trend. While they were hitting some crazy threes in the second half, when they were missing shots, they were getting those long rebounds. They were getting to a lot of those fifty to fifty balls against the Clippers. I didn't like seeing that. The offensive rebounds, that's on the Clippers. There were far too many of them. They ended up with. I want to say fourteen. It's my box score saying eleven doesn't make sense. Their second chance points were really hurting the Clippers. Yeah, they had fifteen offensive rebounds leaning to nineteen second chance points. Clippers had eleven offensive rebounds lean to seven. The turnovers were helping the Clippers by Chicago, and that was because the Clippers ramped up the defensive intensity in the second half. Chicago had just three turnovers in the first half, fourteen to the second half. That turned into seventeen turnovers for twenty nine points.
Speaker 3: For the Clippers. This is what they do.
Speaker 4: Their second in the league in points off of turnovers. This is who they are. So I was very happy to see. I think they had nine of them in the third quarter alone, them getting back to doing what they do best, turn you over. That's what the Clippers brand of basketball is. But early in the fourth they were still getting offensive rebounds even during a shot clock violation out of that timeout. After the Clippers went up by six or excuse me seven and they called the timeout, then Simmons, it's a floater. Clippers are n't by nine. Chicago misses a three. Whoo, But then Trey Jones hits a three. It's one o, two to ninety six. They kept hitting these threes to keep them in it. That's the modern NBA. Like you can play a bad team and if they get hot by three or hot from three, it doesn't matter. Like sometimes defense can be spectacular. You can have a hand in their face, you can not give up any airspace. They're knocking them down. Guys catch a rhythm. It is hard to stop them. In today's NBA.
Speaker 1: That's just not something you had to deal with in the nineties.
Speaker 3: We've done with the nineties.
Speaker 4: Simmons had then a pass to a mirror over his shoulder and over the shoulder pass, beautiful pass to a mir for a layup Bogie hits a three, Clippers are up by eleven, one oh seven to ninety six.
Speaker 1: I thought this was it.
Speaker 4: We're not gonna have crunch time minutes. We're not gonna maybe have to have James Harden get back into the ballgame. Giddy hits a three, went four to four from three. Simmons missed a layup, then a putback, then another tip in. Clippers got it back, and then Kawhi turned it over. Then you had Zach Collins, who had a huge game against them. He gets a bucket on the other end. You go from being up eleven to being up five again. Just like that, Kawhi gets a three to beat the shot clock on the right wing from distance.
Speaker 1: Clippers are up by eight. Can they extend it out? Can they stretch out this lead? Please?
Speaker 4: Get some breathing difference, get him at arm's length. Zoo comes in for Ben Simmons. Another offensive rebound leads to a Herder three. Five point game again, Kawhi missus offensive rebounds again by Chicago, a three by Jones.
Speaker 1: Again, it's a two point game.
Speaker 4: Bokei has a block with the Clippers up to where it looks like he got hurt.
Speaker 1: A mirror hit, a clutch jumper.
Speaker 4: By the way, everybody hating on a mere coffee lately. Everybody's in shambles right now from him. But right after that, Hrder got a run out for a layup as he beat James Harden. It's one, twelve, one ten, Clippers still up by two. A mere miss is a three, Kawhi gets the rebound, Harden misses, Kawhi gets the rebound, Hard misses again. Clipper's gonna stop on the other end, and Bogie hits a three to put him up five. They're just not going anywhere though. Zach Collins, who looks like an antagonist on one tree hill or something.
Speaker 1: He has to hate. The face look to him two pretty maybe for his own good.
Speaker 4: The hair seems like he cares about it a lot. He's a good player. I like Zach Caltz get it have a hard time, but again another bucket from him. Three point game, Harden hits a floater. Five point game. Harden gets a steal on Giddy, But then there's that offensive foul on Bogie as he made this shot with the Clippers up five, and it would have been an and one. They reviewed it. They lost the challenge. They had a couple of timeouts left, they rolled the dice. Some people here in the chat were saying, coach Lou always loses his reviews.
Speaker 1: No, he doesn't.
Speaker 4: I think ten over five hundred on reviews this season. It's either nine or ten.
Speaker 1: They're really good with reviews. They're one of the best in the league.
Speaker 3: Of the Clippers.
Speaker 4: The good news was after losing, as the call stood, as the offensive foul stood. There, that's a turnover by the Clippers. Collins traveled on the other end, he kind of lost the ball in a pass and picked it back up for a double dribble. Clippers ball up five and James Harden now is an offensive foul on a floater turnover, White layup three point game. Bogie would miss a floater, White would miss a three. Done, gets the rebound, and James Harden, with about fifteen seconds left, knocks down a huge three pointer for the Clippers that would give them a little bit of airspace, a little bit of breathing room. They would go on to win this one one twenty two to one seventeen over.
Speaker 1: The Chicago Bulls. Well, we have a moment. Let's pause ten seconds for station and identification.
Speaker 3: Here on a five seventy LA Sports.
Speaker 2: This is LA Clippers Basketball AM five to seventy KLAC Los Angeles, ninety eight seven KYSR HD two Los Angeles and iHeartRadio station.
Speaker 4: Clippers win by five thanks to twenty seven in the second half from James Harden and all is well in the chat again. Everybody who's been panicking over the last couple of games.
Speaker 1: Now, I was like, you know what, I can see the vision. I can see them as contenders.
Speaker 4: You get norm Pal healthy, you get Kawhi playing at an all NBA level. This seems dangerous. We'll take you a quick time out. We'll come back, we'll talk about we got some postgame off. We'll get your phone calls to eight six six ninety seven two five seventy eight six six ninety seven two five seventy. I'm out of Mosland. Here listen two Clippers socer here on the nive seventy LA Sports.
Speaker 1: The hell Clippers.
Speaker 2: You're listening to LA Clippers Basketball. Take us with you wherever you are on the iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: The Clippers almost had a fifty to fifty ninety game, fifty two percent from the field, fifty one percent from three eighty eight percent from the free throw line. Well, as Carlo pointed out, Chicago only went six of eleven, only got up eleven free throws while teams have been averaging thirty free throws attempted.
Speaker 1: Over the last three games.
Speaker 3: It had been an issue.
Speaker 4: Clippers win in Chicago once twenty two to one seventeen over.
Speaker 1: The Bulls of Bulls of bulls and Bulls of bulls.
Speaker 4: Clippers with forty four points off the bench. Chicago was good there too, with thirty six Clippers on ones. They had twenty four in the first half off the bench. A mere coffee with twenty himself, he had fourteen in the first half. Awesome game from a mirror, showing a ton of toughness out there. Really appreciate his effort. They don't win this game without him, and he's been taking a lot and I think some unwarranted incoming recently. He started the game hitting a three in the first quarter, then the second quarter of three, curled for a lamp going left, a turnaround fade away on the right baseline, a big jumper when they needed it in the fourth quarter, two huge shot create a mere coffee. Cred this Clippers team out shooting the Bulls. The Bulls are went nineteen to forty two from three. I'm telling you, guys, these were not wide open threes. I was beside myself with some of the shots that were being hit by Chicago from guys who aren't accustomed to always hitting them.
Speaker 3: No disrespect, but come on.
Speaker 4: Zach Collins also was incredible with twenty one points seventeen rebounds. I mean, Josh Giddy going four to four from three, Zack Collins going two.
Speaker 3: To four from three.
Speaker 1: What what?
Speaker 4: But the Clippers overcame it all with their own hot shooting. I'm so happy for Bogey because he's been a Lakers killer in his past life as a member of the Sacramento Kings, and for him to catch a rhythm like this after going something like two for his last twenty from three, and then tonight he goes four or five hits, two of them in the fourth quarter. I think maybe all of them were in the second half. Just a huge game for Bogie to have those fourteen points in a knockdown four threes heading into two massive games this weekend against a team he used to torture when he played for the Kings. Got telling you, guys, don't give up on Bogdanovic. Ooh, if I went through some of the receipts I had on people talking about Bogie, why was he playing last game? It's like, this is why you had to let him shoot himself out of that slump. There's nothing wrong with his mechanics. There's nothing wrong with his shot. He's moving well. It was in his head. He said it postgame. You don't give up on guys like that.
Speaker 1: Career thirty eight percent three point shooters on.
Speaker 4: High volume, that can do it off the bounce, not just catch and shoot. You don't give up on guys like that. Bogey can swing a playoff game. He might be able to swing a playoff series. The Clippers can't get to where they want to go without him. So the reason coach lou stuck with him and showed that level of confidence in him is because nights like this can happen the very next game. I don't know if it happens. If he had taken Bogie out against the Pistons, not one for twelve performance. You look at body of work, that's you assessed guys. Sure if he was a different player, if he had some catshtrophic injury, and he was never the same and there was something accounting for this, I'd be like, yeah, he's not the same anymore.
Speaker 1: There's no reason he can't be the same, that he can't be a thirty.
Speaker 3: Eight percent three point shooter.
Speaker 4: Right now, he's played i think thirty one games now this season. He hasn't gotten up enough threes to say that, Oh now he's you know, lost his confidence his shot just because he was shooting thirty percent when he came over from Atlanta. Bogie is far from washed. Yeah, Free TV in here is admitting to being a little bit of a prisoner of the moment.
Speaker 3: I appreciate that.
Speaker 1: I heard a lot of people saying it, shoot the shot is the last thing to go.
Speaker 4: Like, you guys ever watched Mark Jackson beat Steph Curry in a three point shooting contest back when he was the head coach of the Golden State Warriors. Like, these guys can all still shoot it. There's no reason outside of it being mental that he was missing threes.
Speaker 1: There was nothing physical going on.
Speaker 4: That's why I kind of outlined that in the show yesterday and played the audio for you of him talking with La Murray about it.
Speaker 1: He's like it's it's here, pointing to his head. It's all up here.
Speaker 4: He is a tough minded guy. He has been in wars. He has been in battles in this league, in the Olympics, in Europe, He's been in big games. I fully believe in Bogey Ball. They need him desperately. He can be a norm off the bench and out to the degree normous playing at now this season, but he can get you fifteen off the bench.
Speaker 1: He can. He's like that. He's thirty two, not thirty eight.
Speaker 4: Clippers win thanks to Bogey going four or five from three and bouncing back after a one of twelve. I don't know career worst performance ever, like in any league that he's since he's a kid. I'm sure he never went one of twelve from three. I think it was the worst shooting performance by a Clipper in franchise history on Monday night and tonight he goes four or five. You know, give up on talent like that. Happy for Bogie and this is perfectly primed for him going into two games against the Lakers this weekend. Looking for postgame audio, we'll talk more about the Lakers coming up in that series Battle of Los Angeles this weekend Friday and Sunday.
Speaker 1: I'm outam Mosland.
Speaker 4: After the Clippers head back to LA victorious after a one twenty two to one seventeen victory over the Chicago Bulls. God bless James Harden twenty seven of US thirty in the second half, twenty point third quarter of three to put the game away.
Speaker 1: Incredible, He's been there, MVP. This has been James Harden's team this year.
Speaker 4: AMNAM Mosland. You're listening to Clippers sock here on M five seven OLA Sports.
Speaker 2: This is the LA Clippers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: Best fans in best arena in the entire sport.
Speaker 2: Take us with you wherever you are on the iHeartRadio.
Speaker 1: Back to Clippers basketball.
Speaker 4: Clippers a little bit hotter than the Bulls. They get a victory in Shytown. Final score one twenty two to one seventeen.
Speaker 1: Welcome back in.
Speaker 4: I'm out of Moslin to This is Clippers stock here on M five to seventy LA Sports.
Speaker 1: All right, so this is interesting.
Speaker 4: I just saw this from La Murray of the Athletic So the Clippers have had five three game losing streaks this season. All of them were snapped once they saw either Zach Collins or Kyle Philipowski.
Speaker 1: So that one, Zach was still a Spur. They had a three game losing streak.
Speaker 4: They saw him, they beat him, obviously, Philipowski with the Utah Jazz.
Speaker 1: This was the first time.
Speaker 4: This also comes from La Murray at La Murray DNU in twenty six days that the Clippers did not trail by double digits in a game.
Speaker 3: Seems good. Seems good to break that streak.
Speaker 4: In fact, in this one, I want to say they never trailed by more than four, and that was early in the ballgame, or they were down they're down four or five to zero.
Speaker 1: I believe it was.
Speaker 4: Yeah, bulls led by as many as five, and I think it was when they were down five nothing. It's a must win game. It's a find any way to win whatever it takes game.
Speaker 1: Refuse to lose game.
Speaker 4: You had to have a game. But I also think there was some good process stuff in there. The ball movement was really good by the Clippers throughout for the most part. They had thirty three assists on forty four made shots. That is let's see here, I think that's assisting on like seventy Yeah, that's over.
Speaker 1: That's over.
Speaker 4: That's assisting on about seventy two percent of your main shots. They were moving it well in a game where James Harden had a takeover like that and you still have thirty three assists.
Speaker 1: Love to see it.
Speaker 4: I thought Bogey had some good assists when they started that second quarter. He finished with six. He had some assists to James Harden in the second half, also when he was on ball. James Harden was off ball, but he had a couple of good assists in that second quarter with Drew Youu Banks out there.
Speaker 1: With a mirror that second quarter group with Ben Simmons. I like that.
Speaker 4: They need him and maybe I don't know, did that give him confidence with a shot too, just having the ball in his hands, getting a fuel, getting a rhythm because it was more in his hands in this game.
Speaker 1: And he's very capable. Guys, Bogie is a three level score.
Speaker 4: Who can hail the rock, can create, can run, pick and roll, and can shoot off the catcher off the bounce. This is why you don't give up on guys like that. Oh, he's washed one for twelve performance, he's done. No coach Lou instilled confidence in him. Continue to believe. Stuck with him, and it paid dividends in this game. Now, some people were talking about it each Zoo box a little bit. In thirty minutes he had ten and ten. He was solid, a couple of blocks, three assists, And I will say this, for as much as I get on them for not getting of each Zoo bots involved enough, he only took eight shots. As much as I do, I can understand in this game why because they were that hot from three, Because James Harden had a twenty point quarter. So yeah, you gotta apply the contexts there. It's okay. This wasn't a game where they were struggling to score and I'm screaming and going.
Speaker 1: Get it to big Zoo, get it to him.
Speaker 4: And they did get it to him multiple times against Zach Collins, and he cooked him a couple of times on the block.
Speaker 1: That was good to see too.
Speaker 4: That's what I'm talking about with good process. There were a few like little little grains, little breadcrumbs there. We're like, oh, this is this is the Clippers' identity, This is not any need to play. They're moving the ball better, they're playing through Kawhi. To start the third of each Zubats got the ball on the block a few times against Zach Collins.
Speaker 1: This is good.
Speaker 4: If Chicago isn't, you know, going super nova god'sier from three, this game would have been over much earlier. Credit them, they shot lights out.
Speaker 1: Clippers did too.
Speaker 4: But it's like, well, James Harden is the top seventy five player. Ever, so much more of the.
Speaker 1: Exception to the rule.
Speaker 4: Him going for a twenty point quarter or some of these guys from Chicago that were on fire like that was insane. They just don't have the resume that James Harden does.
Speaker 3: I'm saying.
Speaker 4: I was hard on James Harden going into the ath. I said, look, if he's this tired out there, if he's going to turn the ball over like this and not get back on defense, you might have to take him out.
Speaker 1: And I get it.
Speaker 4: He's been overtaxed. His usage rating is twenty eight percent. That's way too high. Last year I think it was twenty percent. The reason is because Kawhi has only played his seventeenth.
Speaker 1: Game now.
Speaker 4: And they haven't had, you know, a real reliable backup. Now they have Bogie. Now they have Ben who can both bring the ball up.
Speaker 1: They have more options. Chris Duncan do it.
Speaker 4: But the minutes have been extreme for James, so it's not so much that I was, you know, blaming him for being tired. I'm just saying, if he's that tired and ineffective, you might have to take him out.
Speaker 1: And then he drops.
Speaker 3: Twenty in the third.
Speaker 4: If you guys are watching on the YouTube side, you can see the agg on my face at Clippers Stock, well.
Speaker 1: Take a time out.
Speaker 3: Clippers win.
Speaker 4: In Chicago one twenty two to one seventeen as James Harden drops a game winning three with fifteen seconds left, has twenty seven of US thirty points in the second half, and the Clippers are taken on the Lakers for two and are in a road game against the Lakers, a true road game for the first time in twenty five years at.
Speaker 3: Crypto Friday and Sunday.
Speaker 4: More on that coming up right here on Clipperstock on the M five seven ELI Sports.
Speaker 1: Clippers.
Speaker 2: You're listening to LA Clippers Basketball. Take us with you wherever you are on the iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 1: It wasn't always pretty.
Speaker 4: I mean sometimes it was you hit nineteen three pointers, but I am about pretty. Sometimes you just need to see that at w that looked real nice after losing three in a row. The Clippers win one twenty two to one seventeen in Chicago over the Bulls. Welcome back in I'm Oudam Moslin. This is Clippers Sock. Here on NI seven E LA Sports and on YouTube at Clippers Talk. James Harden had twenty seven of his thirty points in the second half and a game winner late.
Speaker 1: Can we play that, Daniel?
Speaker 4: I want everybody to hear that one more time. It's a big shot and a big call from Carlo Jimenez. We'll get that forty in a second. But James Harden, it was this forty sixth career game of thirty plus points and seven plus three pointers. He wins seven to fourteen from three. He only trails Steph Curry, who's got one hundred and thirty two of those, and Damian Lillard, who's got forty nine all time. Here was James Harden late, Clippers up three under thirty seconds left.
Speaker 5: Trying to split the season series with Chicago, cording right angle step.
Speaker 6: Back a three nylon James Hoarding a big time shot for the right wing doubles.
Speaker 1: The Clipper lead one twenty one.
Speaker 6: Fourteen time out Chicago fourteen point four to play. Shot clucks h and the Clippers have a two possession lead.
Speaker 1: They needed a bucket.
Speaker 5: They caught a bucket from the Beard. What a shot down the stretch.
Speaker 4: Fear the Beard, Chicago. Great call by Carlo. You know it's a big bucket when when he drops the nylon. James Harden came through tremendous second half. As bad as the first half was, I thought, tremendous, unreal second half. It's what superstars do. Even at the age of thirty five, he has been carrying this team.
Speaker 1: I do not know where they would be without him. Probably at the very bottom of the Western Conference. Maybe they would be a bottom four team, as many predicted coming into this season without James Harden.
Speaker 4: Currently that is not the case. They are in the sixth spot in the West. There was an outlier game by Evil Zach Collins. He's not actually evil, he just looks like an evil villain at times. He's too good looking. It's a compliment, that's all. That's all I'm saying. He had a season high twenty one points. Don't like seeing that, a career high seventeen boards. The Bulls did have twenty two fast break points. That's not good. That's been a recurring trend against the Clippers as of late teams getting out running, whether or not it's on a live ball turnover, just a misshot by the Clippers. A lot that was happening in the second quarter when there was a quick turnaround from the Clippers being up twelve to three minutes later being down one thirteen point turner in just over three minutes. But they stood at all because sometimes you just gotta get a victory and they needed this. It wasn't just Bogie getting off the snide with his shooting. This was a feel good win for the Clippers. Believe me, winning like that in some ways you went on a game winner and a performance like that in James Harden in some ways, maybe it's better than blowing him out. Honestly, like you learn more from being in tough battles where the bulls were just unconscious from three, not because the Clippers were so terrible defensively on the perimeter.
Speaker 1: I watched these shots closely. They were guarded closely a lot of them.
Speaker 4: It was frustrating. Giddy is not a one hundred percent three point shooter. He's a thirty seven percent three point shooter this season. He went four to four in this game, and I'm telling you those were well defended. It looked like it could just be the bulls n type of thing, and the Clippers could pack it in and say, well, it's a fourth straight loss. The season is dwindling down with twenty four games left, and we're falling apart.
Speaker 1: I didn't see that.
Speaker 4: I saw a team that fought, a team that didn't give in, and a player in James Harden's the.
Speaker 1: Reason he was an All Star.
Speaker 4: I know people are hating on his overall efficiency this season. It's like, well, look at the context of his usage rating, man, he has the usage rating.
Speaker 1: Would you just take it easy?
Speaker 4: Man? Sorry, I had a big Lebowski moment there myself. The way I said that, I heard the.
Speaker 7: Dude look at his usage rady, Man, he shouldn't have the usage rating like Shay does, like Luca does.
Speaker 4: That'll go down next to Lebron, of course, but like young guys do. He's thirty five twenty five anymore. So, if you have to have the ball in your hands that much, it's probably gonna affect your fueld goal percentage, your three point percentage, I'm just just saying there's a real explanation for this. I'm not trying to make excuses. I think it's more of an explanation. I think it's fair to bring up that James Harden is still the system at thirty five and Kawhi has only been able to play seventeen games.
Speaker 1: Now, Kawhi, I thought there were some times where it looked.
Speaker 4: Like he had some real pop out there. It looked like he had some juice. They're gonna need all of that against the Lakers. I'm gonna make a prediction, guys, I know some of you were complaining. Kawhi goes out of the game and around the three minute mark of the fourth quarter, he hit his minutes restriction. Around thirty three minutes, I'm gonna make a prediction. As long as he comes out of this game feeling good the foot, the knee, I think that minute restriction is going to be lifted against the Lakers. Just a prediction. Don't have any intel, no inside knowledge. Just know how meaningful these games are this weekend, and I could see which twenty four games left, and if you want any chance of chasing down the Lakers, who are four games up, on the Clippers right now, you gotta win both. I could see him getting a thirty six minutes in one of if not both, these games.
Speaker 1: I could see it. I could see it happening, and I thought for the most part, he looked pretty good with.
Speaker 3: His movement out there. I did.
Speaker 1: I watch it closely.
Speaker 4: You guys know Kawhi watch on here, never stops, always going with Kawhi watch. And by the way, here's a good sign from him. Kawhi has been shooting it well from three. When you talk about legs and having them, people look at your outside shot. Are you short on everything? So let's see here, he's at forty one percent now in.
Speaker 3: And they're a little there.
Speaker 4: Seven games in February, he's at forty one percent from three, three or five.
Speaker 1: This game, four of eight, his last game. It's coming around.
Speaker 4: Let's hope he's fully unleashed against the Lakers, because the only way this team is going to that place where they can be a contender in the West is if Kawhi takes them there. Is if he gets back to an all NBA level. First, I think his minutes need to get back to being mid thirties. That could happen this weekend against the Lakers. I could see it happening. Tip Off Friday at Crypto is at seven. We'll have your pregame show starting at six. Before we get out of here, I do want to thank the Clippers organization, Ralph Flaler, Brian Seman, Noah Eagle, shout out YG YG two point zero and Carlo had made is great call, specially with the Nylon thanks to producer here Daniel West.
Speaker 1: Appreciate you man, big brother Jake Warner.
Speaker 3: We'll see you soon.
Speaker 4: Clippers Lakers Friday Crypto tip off at seven, pregame at six and minams and we'll talk to you then.
Speaker 2: This has been Clippers Talk right here on your home for the LA Clippers Audio Network. Don't miss a single edition all season long after every game.
Speaker 1: The volume is truly impressive, and.
Speaker 2: Make sure to follow wherever you podcast for special offer editions.
Speaker 1: Clippers Talk Maybe