Speaker 1: This is the world famous Ben and Skin Show ninety seven point one The Eagle. Thanks for rolling with us today and every day. We love connecting with you on social media. We hope you're following the Ben and Skin Show on all the platforms. We got an Instagram, we got a Twitter account, we got a Facebook page, we got a Facebook group. We even have a website where you can sign up for our newsletter at Benandskin dot com. But this segment right here is brought to you by her Tito Barbecue, some of the best barbecue you could ever have. Our buddy Brandon Hurtado his own family spin on Mexicue, family recipes passed down through the generations, and her Toto Barbecue is exquisite. Have a location in Mansfield, Fort Worth, Arlington, two locations inside of Globe lily Field, and one coming soon to Dallas to the Farmer's Market. So can't say enough nice things about the greatness of her Toto Barbecue.
Speaker 2: But right now it's time for this.
Speaker 3: Ta Benn and Skin listeners, Here comes JT fun Tweets.
Speaker 2: We're the round.
Speaker 1: Now, let's go around the sports k TD fuck queens as.
Speaker 4: All the sports.
Speaker 1: All right, We're very excited about this because joining us now is one of our favorite humans period end of story, like one of our favorite human beings, but also the very best when it comes to talking Dallas Cowboys football, and you can catch him doing that with d l LS.
Speaker 2: They are kicking ass.
Speaker 1: It's very exciting to see what they're building here in Dallas Fort Worth and uh he leads the way on a lot of their exquisite Dallas Cowboys content with the phenomenal team around him as well. Jeffrey Kavanaugh joins, Boom, wow, wow.
Speaker 2: The longer introd.
Speaker 1: I did I did I properly set that up? I want to I want to plug what you're doing and what you guys are building over there.
Speaker 2: Did I give it enough love? Anything else I need to say?
Speaker 3: No, that's good.
Speaker 4: D l LS Sports. It's on YouTube and then wherever you get podcasts. And then also just make sure you follow me personally on YouTube, jeff Kavanaugh, you know, because it's about me.
Speaker 1: Well, listen, we can see you in a way the listener can't. So that backdrop with the bricks and the shelves and some of those books, I'm trying to read the titles. They look like fantasy books, which makes me think, are you in your place or you at d l LS right now?
Speaker 4: Oh, I'm in my place. I did build one random brick wall in my guest room. Said that I have a studio, so I put in a brick wall.
Speaker 2: It looks amazing, dude, except it's made of paper. Yeah.
Speaker 3: If I hit it, you would see my bricks move.
Speaker 2: Really, it looks like real bricks. I thought he was at DLS. He lied to me. It looks Hey, you're still lying to women.
Speaker 4: I see, Yes, some things don't change.
Speaker 2: He's never lied to women. I made that up.
Speaker 1: Okay, Jeffrey, Uh, we're all on alert. We feel like at any minute, I don't know if Jerry World the white Smoke's gonna come out or whatever going to be. Hey, there's Brian Schottenheimer's the coach. It feels an ever. I know it shouldn't, but I'm I'm stuck in just this quick sand of doom and gloom, and I'm worried that Brian Schottenheimer is going to be the next coach of the Cowboys.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean it seems that way.
Speaker 4: Ish Clarence Hill, who I work with and has been covering the Cowboys for a.
Speaker 3: Really long time, expected that maybe today.
Speaker 4: Or perhaps as early as or I guess as late as tomorrow, we could hear that Brian Schottenheimer's the head coach.
Speaker 3: But now there's some Pete Carroll chatter.
Speaker 4: So you know, you'll either have a guy that nobody would ever consider to be their head coach or a guy that people used to have as their head coach and no one would consider it anymore, and we could get that guy instead, because we're the Cowboys and only the best you need to play around here, And by best I mean whoever. Jerry is super comfortable with that no one else wants because Jerry's smarter than everybody else.
Speaker 2: You left out the very important word affordable.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, the cheapest. Yeah yeah.
Speaker 1: So earlier before KT left town, he was started talking about Pete Carroll and he was trying to connect the dots between Pete Carroll and Brian Schottenheimer. And I got confused because he made it sound like they broke up in Seattle, And then I was like, so, then why would they be connected in any way here? Is there any connection? And from your perspective that somehow Brian Schottenheimer and Pete Carroll are here together.
Speaker 4: Uh oh yeah, yeah, yeah, I think it's possible. Now I can't claim to know all about their breakup. I mean I remember, like, now we're in a place where Jerry's gonna have to try to sell us on all sorts of things. But I remember when Brian Schottenheimer was Pete Carroll's offensive coordinator in Seattle, and that was when the whole world was begging them to let Russell Wilson throw passes. And then you know, once you leave there, you just say, wow, that was Pete Carroll.
Speaker 3: And then now that.
Speaker 4: He's been the offensive coordinator for Mike McCarthy, they got to sell you on well, Mike McCarthy was really not letting him do what he wants.
Speaker 3: And so, like, I don't know how you sell Brian Schottenheimer.
Speaker 4: He is a visor guy, which I like he's a visor guy because that's a that's a courageous move. I don't know if you guys remember when we were coworkers. Yes, I decided I was going to be a visor guy. Yeah, it lasted like four days because they're not comfortable, so shout out to him.
Speaker 3: There's a toughness that comes with visor guy.
Speaker 1: Okay, okay, I thought you were saying pisor guy like the pharmaceutical companysor yeah, it's.
Speaker 3: A bold move for a commercial. I'm available.
Speaker 2: It's a bold move to be a visor guy. I had a similar move.
Speaker 1: I was a white sunglasses guy for a couple of days and it was a bad look. It was hard to pull and I had to immediately abort that one.
Speaker 3: That one't while you were a big truck guy.
Speaker 1: Was that was a big truck guy for a while, but not simultaneously white sunglasses guy.
Speaker 3: Okay, all right.
Speaker 1: Very few people dabble in a big truck phase. Usually once you go big truck, you stayed big. I know, I just dabbled. You did it for like three months. No, and I couldn't get my big truck in our parking grog.
Speaker 3: I know.
Speaker 4: It's it's something that we love to attribute to uh with all your christing the woman, but uh, I was an F one fifty guy for probably like I don't know, five or six years, maybe longer than that, and I never ever felt good parking that sucker. So we can make fun of people all we want. I'm him. I can't do truck ever again. It's just too big for me. It's too big for me.
Speaker 2: Handle it like a Nissan now, but are you driving.
Speaker 3: I'm driving Chevy Blazer.
Speaker 4: For Chevy Blazer, I like a mid sized or on the smaller side, SUV so that I can pretend I could haul stuff around and do all these different things that I'll never actually do, but the idea that I could is in my mind, and I can park it.
Speaker 2: Yep.
Speaker 1: Okay, we're talking to the great Jeff Kavanaugh. Obviously you should be subscribed to his YouTube channel.
Speaker 2: He's a beast. So tracking in your mind right now, I guess. Tell me.
Speaker 1: Tell me the top three candidates who not who you would hire, who you think they are most likely to get the job, and give me the percentages on each right now as it stands, right now in your cabin.
Speaker 2: I'll brain.
Speaker 4: Let's see right now, let's say Brian Schottenheimer fifty eight percent, Kellen Moore thirty two percent, Pete Carroll six percent, Prime.
Speaker 3: Four percent. What is the I want Dion?
Speaker 4: I want Dion because I just think, look, if we're gonna quit, let's have fun. I don't want to quit and be boring. Let's quit trying to win and pretending even pretending that we're trying to win, but.
Speaker 3: Let's do it with some style, you know, bring me coach Prime.
Speaker 1: This is Jeff Cavanaugh of DLLs Sports on their Cowboys coverage as well as his own YouTube channel, Jeff Kavanaugh.
Speaker 2: That's all a's in there. C A V A N A U g H. Correct.
Speaker 3: Nobody that's listening right now has subscribed yet. I'm watching the live number forty. I need one.
Speaker 1: Come on, we need one. Just one person subscribe. Go to YouTube, subscribe to Jeff Kavanaugh's YouTube channel.
Speaker 2: We need He's looking at it right now, we're watching. I'm looking at it.
Speaker 3: What's looking at it?
Speaker 2: What number? You at?
Speaker 3: Forty?
Speaker 2: He does not need any more?
Speaker 3: I do. I need one.
Speaker 1: That has to be the largest YouTube following in DFW for anyone. Have anyone named Jeff that's bigger than you out of anyone?
Speaker 3: Watch? Is it like ninety four thousand?
Speaker 2: Okay? Okay, watch it? Okay, all right, all right?
Speaker 1: Uh so, Jeff, I want to get back to I want to be very focused here. What is the percentage likelihood in your opinion that Jason Whitnen is somewhere on this staff?
Speaker 3: Uh?
Speaker 4: And this is this is the ultimate Ben Rogers vindicated. This is like a this is a year's in the making. Ben Rodgers vindicated. Uh, yeah, they're gonna I think that whatever they're going to do, especially if it's Brian Schottenheimer, all they're doing is slow playing and not having.
Speaker 3: The balls to do what they're setting up to do.
Speaker 4: Anyway, Like the Jones family worships at the altar of Jason Witten, and I'm not saying you shouldn't, you know, but I think Jerry and Stephen Jones look at Jason Whitten and they go, oh my god, that's America. Like it's just a matter of do they think that they could give him the head coach job now, or could they hire somebody who's going to be one of the lowest paid coaches in the league that will accept that, that will accept the fact that they're gonna do whatever they want because this coach has no other prospects to ever be a head coach, so they're gonna pay him very little. They're gonna slap Jason Witten on his staff, call him the tight end coach or something, and it'll be a setup. They'll they'll have another offseason like they did last time, where they won't try their best, they won't have a good season, and maybe after one year they'll slap Witten in there. They're gonna set somebody up to be the fall guy. They're gonna hide the fact that they're cheap and more interested in their own pockets than winning behind the quarterback. They're gonna say, we hired Schattenheimer because he's a good relationship with DAK. So they're gonna try to get the fans angry at DAK over their cheapness and their insistence on doing things there and being comfortable over trying to compete. So yeah, they'll try to get people mad at the quarterback. They'll set up the next coach, and then Witne will be on the staff and then bang Witnell gets job.
Speaker 2: I love Fantastic.
Speaker 4: I love it, And hey, we're not at zero anymore. Forty six people have subscribed in.
Speaker 2: The last Fantastic. Let's go.
Speaker 3: Let's go crushing. You guys are crushing.
Speaker 1: That's what we want to see. We want to see our people supporting you. Our people are your people. Your people are our people.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 4: All right, I'm gonna hit go Live and I'm going to order people to turn on, and.
Speaker 1: Hey, uh, oh, tell them to subscribe to Ben and Skin YouTube dot com slash Ben and Skin. Okay, okay, but the whole, the whole witting thing. I've missed on so many things. I really thought Belichick was going to get a shot at this because somebody told me during the season Belichick came to town and had dinner with Jerry. They told me where it was and everything, and I believed them. It was a good source, and so I was like, oh my god, it's happening. So I kind of went all in on that. So I can't really claim the witting thing, but I will. I'll stand there and wait, even if it's five years from now, I'll boomerang it. I'll be standing there waiting to get some love on that. Maybe it is Ben Rogers vindicated, simply because I've gotten so much hate every time I've posted about it. Not from everyone, but there's always some people that are very hateful, going why would they ever let witt and coach? What has he ever done? He only played quit trying to get former players to be hired. I'm like, it's going to happen. He's personally told me he wants to be the coach of the Cowboys. Someday that's his life dream. It's going to happen at some point, and they love him to your point, so it's inevitable.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, it's very thanos. It's gonna happen, and I hope he does a great job. Hell, he might be able to do it today. It's one of those weird things like are you gonna predict failure on if Jason Witten were the head coach based on what like he has now officially coached football. I know it's not NFL football, but he was in NFL locker rooms forever. You don't think that he could lead men or or you know, control a room or what do we think he couldn't do? Obviously you would rather have a guy like work his way up to something. But yeah, you're gonna be right. Yeah, you're gonna be right. You've been on it. You've been on it, Ben Rogers been Don't you try to backpedal from your vindication. Your vindication is here, all right, it is. Your vindication is not.
Speaker 2: Let's go, it's the eve of vindication. That sounds like a Steven Sagal movie. Does Steven Sagaal is eve of vindication?
Speaker 1: Uh? Before we let you go, Jeffrey, I want to know this because I'm trying to pieces together in my mind. Do you know, off the top of your head, from Rabel playing to Vrabel being the head coach of the Titans, how long was that? Like? Did he do any assistant jobs in the interim? Was he a de coordinator?
Speaker 3: Sure? I'm sure, Okay, here we go.
Speaker 2: He was because Dan Campbell is like ten years of assistant coach.
Speaker 4: Vrabel immediately after playing became the Ohio State linebacker coach, then their d line coach for two years, then the Texans linebacker coach for three years, then the defensive coordinator for a year.
Speaker 2: So he took.
Speaker 1: About seven years to get to NFL head coach, which is kind of similar to the Dan Campbell path.
Speaker 2: Campbell's was longer.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and you know, what are you gonna do?
Speaker 4: I mean, if it's gonna be d On, that would be fun too because he would have went from a fake school where everybody what happened to that one I don't remember right, and then some quick coaching and then he's ready to rock. So I think we could make him co coach Go Witting and Dion coch coach I.
Speaker 1: Don't think Witten would love that. It'd be a lot of fun, though I like it. You're just cheering for chaos and just uh more madness.
Speaker 3: I quit.
Speaker 4: I quit like I reached the point of recognition, enlightenment, something like everybody's always known Jerry Jones love's attention and that you know. When he had his old Netflix trailer come out, he has three lines in it.
Speaker 3: Every single one.
Speaker 4: Of them is about promoting the brand, and none of them is about winning at football, like Jerry Jones is here to run a business, make money for him and his family and his friends, do it comfortably, all while carrying the trauma of a wound that Jimmy Johnson left on him that he still can't fill because, in theory, should have already been filled because he won a Super Bowl with Barry Switzer. He should just claim ultimate victory. But he can't because other people don't give him credit for that. And Jerry has problems. He has unhealed trauma. He needs to be in therapy and then he could try his best, but he can't. Instead, he's trying to fill a cup that has a leak in it because he can't heal from not getting all of the credit, even though he has three super Bowl championships. He's a psycho. His ego is the size of Mount Vesuvius. I just picked a random, big thing. Don't know if it's a real place like there. This team does things in a very inefficient way, in so many ways that the best teams do not.
Speaker 3: You will never win a Super Bowl. Never. You won't.
Speaker 4: It would require so much luck because the good teams that hire the best people, not the people that they're best.
Speaker 3: He's with like the people who hire the best.
Speaker 4: People and look for every little edge and how you build a team, and how you do the salary cap and what makes sense when drafting, and who are the coaches that were interested in all of these little things that the Cowboys let slip. They add up, and they add up to. You will never be better than the best. You'll be better than a bunch of teams because most teams are either going for it or tanking it so that they can go for it.
Speaker 3: Cowboys refuse to live there.
Speaker 4: We have to be relevant at all times, but we also don't want to really go for it because that involves risk.
Speaker 3: I just I'm tired. I'm tired.
Speaker 1: Fantastic Hey, we love you. Thanks for taking time to join us. Tell everybody where to find you again.
Speaker 3: Sorry, I'm sure you're trying it. Any minutes to covidos ranting.
Speaker 4: The LLS sports on YouTube or wherever you get your podcasts. I do The Cowboys Show and also on my own YouTube, bitch Jeff Kavanaugh, thanks, love you.
Speaker 1: All right, let you more there it goes. Let me great, Jeff Kavanaugh. Wow, absolute beast, Absolute beast,