Speaker 1: You're listening to KFI AM six forty the Bill Handles show on demand on the iHeartRadio.
Speaker 2: App, and now handle on the news. Ladies and gentlemen, here's Bill Handle.
Speaker 1: All right. It is now a Tuesday, June three. Good morning everybody, and welcome aboard another day another dollar, except if you work for iHeart, it's another eighty five cents. And we are on our way for another show, and of course a lot going on. Quick Hello to one and all, and let's start with oh, will say hello to you. First morning, Bill, Good morning. I notice you know all one color shirt, stripes, stripes, nothing, nothing, nothing, the button down, even it is a button down.
Speaker 3: It looks like most of us except for you Black.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm wearing my pineapple Hawaiian thing. By the way, you have to mute. Yeah, I am. That's true. A lot of Hawaiian shirts in my life. Good morning, Ann, Good morning, Bill, and Amy, good morning, well Pil and Kno there you are, yes you are, and Neil.
Speaker 4: Good morning, Good morning, Willie Wolf.
Speaker 1: All right, before we start this Saturday, and there's still plenty of time for you guys to jump aboard on this one. You being you folks out in radio Land. I love saying that. Yeah, that is special. That is our meal or get together on Saturday night at the Anaheim White House where we are going to have the first of its kind dinner where all of us Onday Morning Show plus guests will be having dinner with five of you plus guests. And it's going to be a lot of fun. It'll be a fun filled evening. I'm buying the food, okay, just to let you know. It's on me, mainly because it's free and Anaheim White House is providing the meal and it will be first of all spectacular meal. I'll tell you that right now. And also you'll have a chance to meet all of us. Now is that a big deal? Well not really, except if you want some inside juice onto what is who and what you've been listening to the last few years. Oh yeah, oh yeah, yeah, you'll see the real It's going to be the real stuff. A lot of bad mouthing, a lot of speaking behind people's back. Great fun. And so here's how you get invited or how you enter as you go to the iHeartRadio app during the course of the show and you'll click on the bill handle show in the upper right hand corner microphone. Click on that. You've got fifteen or twenty seconds to tell us either why you should go or why you want to go to our little dinner on Saturday night. And we have and by the way, don't want to hear see you forever. I love you. Yeah, yeah, fine, great, that's not gonna make it. Neil is compiling the calls. And we have some good ones already, don't we, Neil, we.
Speaker 5: Have a ton of them.
Speaker 1: Okay, well we're gonna play.
Speaker 4: You know, was a woman who said that she volunteers all the time and she takes care of people.
Speaker 5: And she did.
Speaker 4: She stops, She's like, I want to do something for me, Like, yeah, that's honest.
Speaker 5: Take that.
Speaker 1: I don't know, do something for her as in having dinner with us.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that's her treat.
Speaker 1: Well, that's that's not going in the hat. Why because because it's too nice.
Speaker 4: She's filled with charity and she yeah, and she wants to go ahead and get a free meal.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the free meal part I can understand. Yeah, the free meal part is fine, but the rest of us want a free meal. Yeah, I know that. That's why I'm doing.
Speaker 4: It's Yeah, Tona is going to spend his down time with us.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, well yeah the Anaheim white House? Is that good? Well let me ask around cono have you Anaheim white House?
Speaker 5: I have?
Speaker 1: Oh great, all right, Amy?
Speaker 3: Have you I have?
Speaker 1: Oh? And you you are in for a treat? Well? Have you a little bit at pasta thon? So not the full no no, no, no, a little positive thoon or the bagels and the real jew bagels and the pot and the h with the pastries we have in the coffee. No, no, no, this yeah, that's a no no. This is the real deal. Some of the best food you've eaten. And then, of course Neil and and has been there dozens of times.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, even before we even did post. It shows. It shows. Oh it shows.
Speaker 1: Oh very well, said, very well? Said all right, guys, ready to do it?
Speaker 4: Mad because he's bad because he has to sit at the kids table.
Speaker 1: Yeah that's true. But all right here we go, guys, it's time for handle on the news on this Taco Tuesday, June third, with Amy, Neil and me lead story. It's a like cute. Oh the man I suspected of throwing molotov cocktails in an act of terrorism during that pro Israeli demonstration in Boulder, injuring twelve people, injuring them by burning them, throwing gasoline on them, throwing the Molotov cocktails, and then igniting them. He's been charged sixteen counts of attempt at first degree murder. He admitted he did that. He said he researched making Molotov cocktails on YouTube, purchased the ingredients, constructed them, and went ahead and threw them, telling the police I wanted to kill all Zionist people and wish they were all dead. All right, Well, he's going to be convicted. By the way. You know who invented the Molotov cocktail?
Speaker 5: Molentov?
Speaker 1: No, mister cocktail.
Speaker 5: Here's stupid.
Speaker 1: Thank you, thank you very much. Moving on.
Speaker 6: Just like the old Ario Speedwagon song time for Me to Fly, or even Steve Miller bands fly like an eagle, Sonny has stretched her wings and soared above the skies over Big Bear Lake. The eagle made her first flight late yesterday morning at ten forty six am, and her little sister Gizmo is still in the nest, but she's flapping away. She could fledge or fly away from the nest at any time, and Sonny made it about two hundred yards and landed in a tree that her parents, Jackie and Shadow hang out in when they're not in the nest.
Speaker 3: So she was with them last night.
Speaker 6: And everybody looks to be doing good, but super exciting for everybody like me who's been watching these eagles since they were just little eggs.
Speaker 1: I didn't know that fifty percent of the time, when the fledging fledgling leaves the nest, it does not come back to that spot, though the parents are with them for a few months.
Speaker 6: Yeah, because they got to teach him how to hunt and that kind of stuff. So there's a good chance that Sonny will come back to the nest, but there's also a good chance she won't. So we'll have to wait and see.
Speaker 1: Do you know, And you're the expert, this is your wheelhouse, you're the expert. Do the parents still feed Yes, the birds, I mean you chew it all up and hocking in their mouths.
Speaker 6: They don't chew it up there. They bring the kids. They've been bringing them small fish and then they just go to town with it. So as they are flying around, they'll continue to bring sunny fish and then they'll keep feeding gizmo, of course in the nest until she's ready to take off.
Speaker 1: Okay, by the way, this national news is covering this every night.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, I thought news last night.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, it's really become a very big deal. All right, So go ahead and take a break. We'll come back and we will continue on with Handle on the News on this Taco Tuesday, June third, Taco Tuesday, more Handle on the News with Amy neil Me.
Speaker 4: There's just no reasoning with some people. Russia told Ukraine at peace talks just yesterday that it's only going to agree to end the war if Kiev gives up big new chunks of territory and accepts limits on the size of their army. And you've got Ukraine repeatedly rejected the Russian conditions, and because they say, listen, that's basically a surrendering.
Speaker 1: It is it is, And the other one is it cannot it can never be part of NATO. And the only way piece will happen is if the other NATO countries in writing agree that Ukraine will never be part of NATO.
Speaker 5: What's your guess how's this going to end?
Speaker 1: I have no idea. I have absolutely no idea. I don't think Ukraine is going to cave at this point. It's going to be a war of attrition. This could go on, much like what happened with the ira and the movement for independence in Ireland. It was seventy years before they were able to sit down and cut a deal. Seventy years.
Speaker 4: So, but don't doesn't this weaken Russia's military?
Speaker 1: And it does. It does. However, North Korea is sending fast amounts of weaponry. I mean it's literally supporting and holding up the entire Russian military. If it weren't for North Korea, Russia would it would collapse very quickly. It's a military campaign.
Speaker 4: But so let's say the world goes to war with Russia, you don't have to have North Korea back then.
Speaker 1: Well, they'll certainly get marms. Whether they're gonna go boots on the ground, who knows. Who knows.
Speaker 3: I thought that they already sent some troops to Russia.
Speaker 1: They did send troop fifteen thousand, But it's a big difference between sending fifteen thousand troops and going to full scale war. That's the problem. It's a mess. It is a mess. Putin This is single handedly one guy who made this decision one much like the tariffs. One guy woke up in the morning and decided to do this. Yes, go ahead.
Speaker 6: I was just going to say, speaking of NATO may be on the table for some of the NATO countries. NATO members say they are committed to Ukrainian membership in NATO. Leaders of Poland, Romania, Lithuania said it following following a summit of the B nine and Nordic countries. President Trump, of course has come out saying that prior to US support for Ukraine's bid to join NATO was part of the cause of the war, and has said that Ukraine will not get membership.
Speaker 1: The problem is Ukraine will never get membership because you've got Turkey erdigon that has made it pretty clear that he doesn't want NATO to have Ukraine in it. Twenty eight countries in NATO, any one country can blackball. You need all the countries in NATO to okay a new entry. And that's the problem. We go back to neil as this thing is never going to end. That's the problem.
Speaker 4: Interesting response here at the very least, David Richardson, the acting head of FEMA, set at the end of a phone call uh, that he was unaware that there is a hurricane hurricane season, and of course the Atlantic hurricane season began on the first and last through November.
Speaker 5: People don't know if he was joking or not joking.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they don't know. I mean, yeah, no one knows. I think that he wasn't joking when he asked, what's a hurricane?
Speaker 4: And and why isn't it's akane?
Speaker 1: Sure? Why not?
Speaker 5: Why don't we have the woke people have to make it a female?
Speaker 1: He's had a FEMA, Go figure.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's a it's a It's a strange statement, no matter what, even if you know, you can't even cover it with a joke because that's in bad taste.
Speaker 6: It's just I'm sure all the people are laughing on the on the East coast.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, closer to a cut.
Speaker 6: Chicago Federal Reserve Bank President Austin Goulesby said he thinks the US Central Bank is going to be able to lower short term borrowing costs after what he says is the dirt in the air of uncertainty from tariff policies gets cleared up.
Speaker 3: He said, it looks pretty good. They're looking at a couple of things.
Speaker 6: The dual mandate is that they look for full employment and price stability, And he said, so far, the labor market looks strong and inflation is down. It was up just two point one percent in April from a year earlier, which is close to the target of two percent.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and I'm caught up in this teriff thing. I report every day because I have a personal involvement. We have a shipment coming in from China of some goods on the seas right now. It was a twenty five percent tariff which we were prepared to pay. Tomorrow it goes to fifty percent because that was announced a few days ago. So you know, there's the gamble. Yeah, there's a lot of uncertainty in the air for sure. So what we're doing is we have no choice. We have to cut down on the quality of our cookwar, which I don't know how less quality we can possibly sell it, because it's already of the lowest possible quality that we could manufacture this stuff. So I don't know where to go from this point.
Speaker 5: Yeah, the skillet looks like a Jiffy pop.
Speaker 1: Well, it's made out of paper mache, is what it is.
Speaker 4: All right, It's all fun and games until somebody breaks a nose or gets a traumatic brain injury. You have what they call gladiator fights happening at the Los Padrino's juvenile Hall. And this means that La County is poised to pay nearly two point seven million dollars to a teenager who got a beating and a half by a handful of juveniles while officials like probation officers stood and watched.
Speaker 1: And they're joking and laughing and clearly having the time of their life watching what they call these gladiator fights. You know, I can understand what a bunch of sleeves balls these guys are. I get that. What I don't get is how stupid they are. What do they think it's not being videoed?
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, it's unseason.
Speaker 1: What is going through What is going through their mind? It's like people rob banks? What are you guys' nuts? There are sixty eight cameras on you you know, go rob a bank. I don't understand what what goes through these people, these guys. And I guess it is women too. I'm assuming it's all men in the isn't. I have no idea what goes through their mind?
Speaker 5: It's crazy And Tania Brooks could be Yeah.
Speaker 1: Okay, so she was part of it. I guess anyway, they've they've obviously been fired, and I'm assuming that there are all kinds of disciplinary and maybe charges being filed against them. I wouldn't be surprised. But La County gets to pay two point seven million, as you just reported. Isn't that special? All right, let's take a break. We're coming back and more. Handle on the news. More more, more handle on the news. Amy neil Me.
Speaker 6: Deal or no deal. Well, it's looking like no deal. A senior Iranian official is saying that a new nuclear deal proposal presented to Tehran in recent days is incoherent and disjointed. CNN is also saying that the US has shifted position on the issue of uranium issue enrichment in its new proposal.
Speaker 3: Sannon is saying that.
Speaker 6: It suggests the US could invest in Iran's civilian nuclear power program and join a group that would oversee the enrichment of low level uranium inside Iran. Trump has responded to that, and he said that is absolutely not the case. He said, there's no uranium enrichment, So.
Speaker 1: Yeah, here is. Of course, the world is scare, particularly Middle East Israel, particularly that Iran is going to have the bomb, create a nuclear weapon in the meantime. And I don't understand this. I guess I do, because here you have iron falling apart. I mean, the economy is just collapsing in Iran. Their currency is basically worthless, and boy, they're just dead set to get that bomb. So in the meantime, you'd think that it would join the Community of Nations. You would think that that's more important than it is supporting these terrorist groups and going against Israel. And I don't care if they hate Israel or anti Zionist. I mean, they can have whatever philosophy they want, but at the expense of their own people that that is always a choice that I have a hard time understanding. It's like Hambas, the destructure, destruction of Israel and terrorism is far more important than the people of Gaza. Yeah, I don't understand it. I really don't. You know what point, you know, go enjoy your politics, but really, are your people that little, that little import And that's what's happening with Ron Also Gold on my ear when she was prime minister, and she was Prime minister in nineteen seventy two, when the homekeeper war started. She said, probably the best line to describe what's going on. We won't have peace until they That is, the Arab countries love their children more than they hate us. That just said it all to me. All right, moving on truth, it is all right.
Speaker 4: Sanctuary cities these jurisdictions that basically say law enforcement, our law enforcement is not going to assist federal immigration officials when it comes to immigration related operations.
Speaker 5: So you have the.
Speaker 4: Department of Homeland Security putting up a list of these sanctuary cities and saying, hey, these are We're going to go after them because they are not supporting, you know, federal laws. And then you had a bunch of backlash. People people were looking at it. People in these different jurisdictions were like, hey, why do you include us? We don't we don't believe in that. We don't, we don't do that here, and they get you know, so they started getting pushed back.
Speaker 5: And they pulled down the list for now. Hello, yeah, no.
Speaker 1: I'm here picking up my dog. It's just said hello. Just comes in in the morning and says hello.
Speaker 4: If your dog said hello, we're going we're gonna go sell tickets.
Speaker 1: Uh yeah, yeah, it's a little one comes in in the morning and just says your replacement. Yeah, and here, by the way, a quick comment here because you expect me to make a comment. It federal law is being is being followed. Uh. The sanctuary cities are not stopping federal agents from picking people up. They're just saying we are not going to cooperate and give you names and point out where they are. That's not violation, at least that's what they're saying.
Speaker 4: How is that not violation because it's that as an individual that had information about a crime, I could get popped.
Speaker 1: I don't know. I don't know if you have to give the police information. I don't know if you have to point out where someone is, you know, I don't know on that one. I should know if the police come up to you and go where is do you know where that person is? And you just say I don't want to tell you.
Speaker 3: Let's call a handle on the law and find out if it's legal.
Speaker 1: Yeah, handle on the Law will probably answer that question just the way it was answered. Now. See here's the difference between handle.
Speaker 4: On the law. What about aiding and a bedding So that's different.
Speaker 1: That's aiding and a bedding. This is not hiding. This is just a failure. I don't think so. I don't think so. Here's the difference between handle and the law and what I say here Here I will say I don't know the answer on handle on the law. I will make it up. Ah, all right, let's take a break and we're coming back. Had tacos last night, Actually it was Taco Monday for me at home tonight. No tacos.
Speaker 5: What a rebel?
Speaker 1: There? You are back? We go. Yes, we finished Handle on the news on a Taco Tuesday with Amy and Neil and me.
Speaker 6: Not exactly the vacation they were expecting. There was a massive eruption at Mount Etna, which forced tourists to just run down the hill to get away from it. A plume of high temperature gases, ash and rocks spewed several miles into the air, actually several kilometers, so that might be a mile or two into the air. Italian authorities said that it happened, and there were guided tour groups in the area, and the people who were there said, thank god we had guided tours because they knew how to get us out of there. So they were all able to kind of clear out the area and then the eruption petered out late in the evening.
Speaker 1: I was just there a few weeks ago. I was at Mount Etna and I had a tour guide had a tour and he's a tour guide or with the rest of the group. You climbed to Mount Edna and it's a hike, and he asked me, do you want to climb? I said, not a chance, just point to it. So my visit to pound Mount Atna was following the guide's finger, and there it is, there's Mount at net So I would have been safe. But it's kind of a neat view watching this thing blow up, you know, crispy Italians, you know, and tourists.
Speaker 5: I don't think anyone was hurt.
Speaker 1: Were they Nope, I don't think. So they got they got the hell out of there. And usually it's when uh these explosions, people don't die of the heat or being covered with you know, molten rock, it's because that toxic fume stuff that just kills everybody, like POMPEII or herculeum. They figure that people died not because of the dust that came you know, the ash, but because of the toxic gas there was no way to escape, all right.
Speaker 4: Walt Disney Company another deep round of layoffs yesterday. Several hundred Disney employees in the US and abroad. Their jobs were being eliminated, and that's what they were told, increasingly difficult economic environment. And this is for you know, traditional television type stuff. So it's hits film, television, marketing teams, publicity casting development, as well as corporate financial operations. So this is just about what three months after the company acts, two hundred workers, including some ABC news people in New York and all kinds of things.
Speaker 1: So, yeah, it's not a good time to get hired at insert name of company here.
Speaker 5: It's a rough time all around.
Speaker 1: And at the same time, employment is full was considered full employment in this country, and I don't get it because I have people that are looking for work. Yeah, you're right, it's it's somewhat determined.
Speaker 4: That's why that test is no longer any good. This is during the Biden administration. It's like the economy is doing great, well, no people at work, but it's part time or you know, it's not the same.
Speaker 1: All right, that resonates.
Speaker 6: Okay, the DOJ has put schools on notice. The Department of Justice has sent out letters to school districts in California warning that they will face legal trouble if they don't break from the state and bar transgender athletes from competing in girls' sports.
Speaker 1: Give me a break on this one. How many incidents of transgender women are actually competing and have one across the country in the last month, Amy, If you had to count, what would be the number?
Speaker 3: Well, I know of one.
Speaker 1: Okay. It has become a national issue to the point where the administration of the Department of Justice is threatening to withhold funding from schools takeaway tax exempt status because of this. This is one of the most critical things that this government has to deal with. You know, at what point is there more important stuff? Now? You can have people in the neighborhood get upset, you can have the board of governors of a school, the regents rise up and say we don't like it. But this is national import That's my point here. This is a huge story, right, Okay, fine? Why not?
Speaker 5: This is an interesting one.
Speaker 4: What you might see as a cold case is being opened up again. Police investigating the disappearance of a British toddler eighteen years ago, and they said. The three year old disappeared from her bed while on vacation with her family at a resort in southern Portugal in two thousand and seven, and she wasn't seen since. So they do have a suspect who happens to he's a German national, and he happens to be serving seven year prison sentence in Germany for raping a seventy two year old woman back in two thousand and five. But they are opening this backup and searching again.
Speaker 1: Well, let's do one more. Let's go to fifteen because there is a really interesting spin on this that I want to share with you. Neil, do this one, okay?
Speaker 5: Sure?
Speaker 4: In New Orleans, they celebrated the return and burial of the remains of nineteen African American people whose skulls had been sent to Germany where they did this racist research practices in the nineteenth century. So the skulls came back and they put them in their final resting place, the Hurricane Katrina Memorial. They had a multi faith memorial service there and just overall opportunity to recognize and commemorate the human of these individuals.
Speaker 1: These were skulls, nineteen of them of African Americans who died in natural death, who then were sent to Germany for their eugenics study. Here's the here is the spin, the historical spin, the study of eugenics, which is of course debunked and it's completely racist and was used to study Jews and Serbs, etc.
Speaker 5: By the Nazis.
Speaker 1: Eugenics the study started in the United States. That the German quote scientists in the study of eugenics came from information that was developed in the United States that, oh, by the way, there are certain people that believe in eugenics. Winston Churchill talked about it.
Speaker 4: In eugenics, it's based on you like, actual scientific well they.
Speaker 1: Called it scientists, and it's the study of and in many cases the physical study of people showing inferior races. It is the science of proving certain races are inferior. And they called it a science and they measured, for example, skulls and femurs and to so look at this, they're different, they're inferior, they're sub people. And that's started in the United States, which is stunning, just stunning, and people don't know that. They think it's all Nazi Germany. Nazi Germany relied on what was going on in the United States in the late eighteen hundreds. Okay, now let's take a break. Fun fun fact. Isn't it all right? Coming up China's grip on the global pharmaceutical industry. The tariffs are pointing out what's going on, and if we're not frightened of China now, you will be at the end of the segment, at least to this extent. Kfi AM six point