Speaker 1: Hey.
Speaker 2: Before we get started, be sure to head over to ham Radio two dot com forward slash email dash sign up to join my email list of over nineteen thousand subscribers, where I like to send emails about upcoming events, upcoming shopping deals, keep you updated with all the stuff going on with my videos. Once that list reaches twenty thousand, I will be doing a giveaway of another HF radio sign up today. And thank you for the support. I like listening to my own music. Oh boy, okay, so we are. Yeah, Happy Black Friday and Happy Thanksgiving. Happy blated Thanksgiving from ed ac three IK. Thanks buddy, thanks for being here tonight, and thank you everyone else in the chat. We're gonna do some Black Friday stuff here. I might have done a couple of videos about Black Friday already on the channel, but you know what, I'm always finding new stuff. I'm always finding new stuff. So we're gonna do some Black Friday stuff here for a little bit, and then in about twenty ish twenty to twenty five minutes something like that, I'm gonna bring on the usual cast of characters and open up the zoom. If you've ever been on one of my Happy Hours before in the past, and you have my zoom link, feel free to join us. I send an email about that about a week ago. I hope you got it, but if not, you are still welcome to join us in the Happy Hour live stream starting in about twenty five ish minutes, shortly before eight o'clock. So here's the thing, Okay, here's the deal. Gigaparts is in the chat right now, okay, and we're gonna do something special once we once eight o'clock rolls around, or like I said, a few maybe a few minutes beforehand, something like that, I'm gonna bring everybody on and gigaparts is gonna take the floor for ten or fifteen minutes something like that, and they're gonna walk around the store. They're at the store right now, and they're gonna walk around the store and they're gonna do let's make a deal. So you guys go to gigaparts dot com right now, fine something that you want and figure out an offer price to make them. Okay, don't go find a one on one d and offer one hundred bucks. It's probably not gonna happen. Okay, but you know any of their Explorer line stuff, uh, They did a two for one deal today on the qr Z one dual band HT radio. They had some really good sales on the new the new Yea Zoo radios are out if you guys haven't seen that yet, they have those for a good price, lower price than what we were told they would be. Everybody has the same price on those. So go to gigaparts dot com. Figure out something you want to make an offer on. Don't put it in the chat yet because they're not monitoring the chat right now. So we're gonna give them the floor they're gonna monitor the chat. I'm gonna say, hey, uh, I'm gonna pick on Freddy for a minute. Hey, Freddy's in the chat and he's offering X number of dollars on this product. So and they're gonna say yes or no. They might say no, but they might say yes. So it really depends though. So find something that you think find something that you think you want that you may be like, oh, yeah, you know, i'd like to have that, but I haven't been in a really big hurry to buy it. Maybe if it was ten or twenty or thirty dollars cheaper, I might buy that. Go find that thing, and we're gonna do let's make a deal, and if this goes well, if it goes well, which I'm sure it will, we're gonna do this again later on with them for a whole hour. So that's the deal there. Somebody's texting me. Who's texting me? The smoking ape is on FT eight right now. You have to have his call sign to be able to see that. I'm not giving you, guys his call sign. There might be some money involved in that later, probably not, though probably not, though I'm sworn to secrecy, and I haven't had enough of these yet. And that's just where we are. So shout out to YouTube channel members in the chat folks in green text in one Jay you are, I see you in there, Vic Miller, Jody, I see you in there. Thanks for joining tonight. Guys. Let's see Jeff Randy the portable Ham. That's cool. Portable Ham, that's cool. Okay, I'm on board with that. Ed AC three iks in there earlier, Big John's ham Shack. Who else is in there? Let's see Vic. I called you out already. Lester was in there earlier. K E eight UFI of course Ham Radio Crusader's in the house and h Josh is in there. Ham Radio Crash Courses in the house. Thanks for joining us tonight, guys. Yeah, you guys stand by. I've got the I've got the zoom open. But everybody's in the waiting room. So we're gonna do some stuff first here. So all right, So if you have not done this yet, so I'm gonna I'm gonna go through. Hey, if if you guys know of any good Black Friday sales that I haven't talked about on any of my previous videos up until now, put a link. You probably won't you probably won't be able to put a link in the chat, so type it out in the chat or send me a link in Discord. I've got my Discord window up here on this other screen. Yep, there it is, and uh yeah, you guys, you guys, put it and put a link in Discord if if it's something I haven't talked about yet, So go sign up on my email list Ham Radio two dot com forward slash email Dash signup. We are trying to build this list up to twenty thousand subscribers. It's about nineteen thousand, nine hundred right now, so I got about one hundred to go, and it would be probably closer to twenty one thousand right now if people would stop leaving the list. So keep get getting people unsubscribing from the list, but we're gonna do a giveaway of a brand new CHEF radio as soon as this list reaches twenty thousand subscribers and kind of stays there. It's jumped up and drop back down over twenty thousand underneath twenty thousand, maybe three times in the last few months, something like that. So uh so, once everyone decides to stay and it's and it kind of maintains it twenty thousand, that's when we're gonna do some some giveaways of a brand new HF radio. I'm not sure which one yet, but something. All right, let me see, I don't have Frank tonight. Frank is at a wake tonight for the owner of a local cigar shop who passed away a couple of weeks ago. I think his funerals tomorrow, maybe a week ago. I don't remember exactly when it was, but he's at awake tonight. He's like, man, I really want to be there, but it's I feel like I should go pay my respects to this guy. And Frank knew the guy a lot better than I did. I've met him once or twice, but it's been several years ago. So I'm like, well, okay, no problem, but I already had this planner. That's probably where i'd be. A brand new True SDX at twenty k mail is brand new True SDX, Okay, I mean I was. I was thinking something a little bit more expensive. I think you're joking, right, are you joking? I think you're joking. So yeah, that's cool, Josh, that's not a bad idea, but yeah, I think we could probably do better than that. Oh boy. Okay, all right, so there's the email list right there. Flex Radio has a Black Friday sale, as they do most years. I did not put them on my video this SMA. So you guys go out there and check out Flex Radio. Looks like they've got some US stuff in Certified pre Loved pre Loved Radio, Certified pre Loved f Flex sixty seven hundred Signature Series SDR forty three hundred bucks or forty three ninety nine for that. I believe the sixty seven hundred brand New which has been discontinued now but still great radio was around it says four ninety nine. There, I was thinking they were around five ninety nine. Or I'm sorry, it says forty nine ninety nine. There, I was thinking they were around fifty nine ninety nine. But whichever they are, that's a pre love that comes with a certain warranty from Flex Radio. They've got a sixty six hundred Obi Kit bundle, a Maestro Kit Bungle, and a Power Genius one thousand dollars off their Power Genius Legal Limit, professional grade amplifier, Military grade amplifier if you will, so go out to Flex Radio today. They have a Black Friday link, but a Black Friday link at the top of the page, but I just put it in the chat as well. So Signal Stuff is doing their Black Friday sale today. You guys might have heard about this. This was on my video earlier this morning. They run one sale a year basically, and they've done a Black Friday sale for the last two years that I'm aware of. Ever since I started promoting their stuff, and I hit up Richard about a week ago. He goes, yeah, we're gonna do something. I'll send you link as soon as it's ready. I said, that's fine, no problem. That started today. That started today. So go out there and get a good deal on your signal Stuff signal stick antennas from Ham Study. So signal stuff dot com is the website address. I just put the link in the chat. And they've got these mag mounts. This, they've got magmounts that you can use these super elastic signal sticks to actually use in a vehicle. And I was on Frank's live stream last weekend and talking about how the fact that Robert W five I tr the digital Rancher, he's got one of those on top of his truck. And we were driving to mesh Con a couple of months ago, and he made two satellite contacts from a signal stick on a mag out on top of his truck while driving. Not no yaggy ar antenna or anything like that. He's just driving down the road and he's here's this, and he's he's got the all the all the frequencies for the for the vhf uhf uplink down link whatever it is program for a lot of different birds in the air. And he made two contacts off of a signal stick. That's pretty impressive, I think. But they got BNC SMA Male and female different adapters for that stuff. They just came out with a new uh what they call a rat tail. I don't think they call it a rat tail. They call it something else. This uh signal stick a boost. Yeah, that's in there too, So go check that out and put that link in the description of the chat. Quirky QRP has a sale going on you can use. You can get I think twenty five percent off and free shipping for orders over one hundred dollars with the coupon code of Quirky Turkey twenty twenty four. So this is I haven't seen this one yet. Look at this FT eight drove me to drinking. Okay, that's good. Some of the stuff he comes up and I don't know. Oh, here's some Balfang slippers, those bowfang slip. No, that's just a circuit board slipper. Okay, so I've got the Balfang shoes though. I wore the boal Fangs shoes to the troll pub last daytinghamvention. I did. I wore them and they were they were pretty comfortable. I think I need some inserts for him though, because they're a little bit big on me. But they're pretty but they're pretty well made that it feel like a pair of Chuck Converse shoes. So Converse All Star. Whatnot? Look at that? Don't tread to my frequencies? Okay, Yeah. Quirky QRP on the Etsy store. Quirky Turkey twenty twenty four is the coupon code twenty five percent off and free shipping if your orders over one hundred dollars. So, James, I see you in the chat, buddy, you're welcome to join us. Oh that's good. I like that one. Eric, I'd say fourteen three hundred drove me to drink. Yeah, yeah, that one's good too. So you'll probably see a T shirt with that soon because James is like, oh, that's a great idea and then he makes it. So copyright that real quick before James sees it. I don't know, I'm kidding, but yeah, James, if you want to join us here in about I'll open up the chat here in about fifteen minutes, though, zoom chat here in about fifteen minutes. You want to join us for just a few minutes, you're welcome to man, thanks for being in the chat tonight. So yeah, some cool stuff from Quirky QRP. Let's see, I'll put this link in the chat as well. FT eight allows for more drinking. I'm on board with that. Yeah, because you can't slur your your your audio over the over the air. You can slur your your voice on single sideband or AM. You can't slur your FT eight very well if you're you know, although you might click on the wrong thing, you might be striting trying to call cqftaight on like twenty eight four hundred. I don't know, but you never know. All right, next one, Now, these guys here, as far as I know, these guys have never run a sale before armlock dot com. If you guys saw them at the Houston Hamfest if you're in Texas, the Belton ham Radio Expo that they were at this last October and larger than that. They were at the Huntsville Hamfest last August in Huntsville, Alabama. So they're going to be attending more Hamfest. I think they're going to Hamcashan. I keep telling those guys Ryan and Seth they need to go to Hamvenein. So I think they're going to one of those this year. Not sure which one, but they're running a Black Friday sale ten percent off with the code of b FS twenty twenty four and all of their cages and connectors and relocation or if relocation, they have relocation units for the power pole that comes out of the back of your radio, or well the power plug that comes out of the back of your radio. You can reroute it and put it on top of the cage into a power pole format. You can reroute the cwkere or the external speaker, the or the antenna or the dual antennas like on an FT eight fifty seven. It's got two intenta ports. You can put them all at the top so that you can fit the cage and the radio down in the bag something and it keeps it really nice and safe and it's easy to access. So whole store is ten percent off this Black Friday with the coupon code of BFS twenty twenty four. That's just armilock dot com right there. You can definitely slur your FT eight if you blow your ALC two Shae, all right, I'll give you that. I'll give you that, okay, all right. So I got a text from Richard at Main Trading Company about three hours ago and I had mentioned him on my video earlier today and he's like, hey, man, thanks for the shout out, because we got a lot of orders today or a lot of I think maybe a lot of calls today. I think some people ordered from him. And he's like, several people had never heard of it. And I'm like, really, you've never heard of Main Trading Company. Okay, if you're new to him radio, hey, it's cool. It's totally cool. But this is the best deal that Main Trading Company had. He's got some deals on some other stuff as well. This is the best deal that he had today, a brand new icon. I see seventy one hundred for eight ninety nine. Everybody else is still up to eleven to twelve hundred dollars range. I'm not exactly sure. And it doesn't say he's beast. He used to sell be Stock rados from my colm when he would get them. He probably will again so be Stock rados from I Com. But yeah, this one here is eight ninety nine, brand new, looks good. All the data on it right here, So go check that out. And if you guys go over to MTC for whatever reason, tell him that Ham Radio two point oo sent you Richard's a good dude. I've known him for a number of years. We used to go to Hamfest together and do the party circuit after the show. He and Richard Stubbs from MFJ and my buddy Corey that used to run with us and Tammy from Mating Trading Company. We used to go and and and Lee and Val. I haven't seen Val in the chat in a while. Value out there, I don't know, but uh, it's a fun He's a fun dude to hang with though, So there we go. Hmm, hey, smash that like buttoner thumbs up and buy a mystery box. I don't have any mystery boxes right now. I got a really good idea today for a new mystery box, mystery box and video. Actually so yes, I got it really new, so you're gonna see that up. Shane, what's up? Buddy K six APX in the house, thanks for joining tonight. And people are texting me on Discord. Let's see who's this Halibut, how's it? Black Friday sale? Halibut Electronics running a Black Friday coupon right now fifteen percent off of everything this cyber menday. Halibut Electronics. Let me see I've recognized that name, but I can't remember exactly what they've got. Okay, oh yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, Okay, I know who these guys are. Yeah, fifteen percent off of everything in the Halibut Electronics story. Use coupon code of Halibut Black Friday Dash twenty twenty four. So here's a link to that right there. Thank you Eric for sending that over appreciate that got that out of discord. So you guys go check that out. This is the Black Friday sale page at gigaparts. So once again, so there's several more people watching now, we're up to three hundred. Gigabarts is gonna when I bring on the zoom people here in about ten minutes, Gigaparts is gonna come on with everybody, and they are at the store in Huntsville right now, and they are gonna play, let's make a deal. So they're gonna walk around the store and you guys, they're gonna give you guys an opportunity to put an item and a price, an offer price in the chat and they will say yes or no, and maybe they'll negotiate with you. I don't know yet, but this is the first time we've done this, so this is kind of an experiment. We're gonna do this for ten or fifteen minutes. If it works out well, we might do a whole hour live stream with it later on. But they're gonna play let's make a deal. I said before. Don't come up and offer one hundred dollars for a brand new Ye's uft one oh one d. They're probably not gonna take that, okay, but if you get something like like a new antenna or any of their Explorer line backpacks, batteries. I don't think they have solar panels in stock right now. The qr Z one is on buy one, get one today for Black Friday. Stuff like that might be a good time to kind of pick up some extra stuff that that maybe you've been eyeballing. You're like, you know, I wish that was like twenty or forty dollars cheaper. You know, this is a this is this is a good time to do it. Tree Fitting, I said, I doud about tree Fitted, all right, Yeah, I got that reference. That was that's the best episode ever of south Park. Proved me wrong. That's that episode's hilarious. It's like the second or third season's freaking hilarious. So yeah. But this is the gigabarts web page here with all of the Yazou and icon deals. I noticed they didn't put anything Knwood on there, although they do have them in stock. There's the buy one, get one free on the QR Z one due b in ht. Two hundred and fifty dollars off of an eos are one hundred, one hundred and thirty dollars off of rig Expert stick Pro stick x pro. That's a good price. Let's see sixty dollars off of Intelltron SWR and watt Meter. Mystery boxes unboxed, the thrill Grab yours, Nerve Grab yours now, ten percent off of power film some computer monitors down here, fifty percent off of Molly backpacks. Look at that fifty percent off. Awesome. So twenty dollars off of Thelinko G forty sixty fifty dollars off of the Kinwood D seventy five. A Hey, there you go. That's cool. Several other things are Finder Bluetooth items. Here's the three New Yese radios right here. This one this uh the duel band. The FtM one fifty R was advertised that it was probably going to be around four to twenty four nineteen. I think four nineteen is the price that they told us what was going to be. So you can see it's three seventy nine right here, and this is what everybody has it for. I think HRO has it for that same price and RNL has it for that same price. So I don't know if that's a Black Friday sale because these are brand new radios, or maybe they just decided to lower the price a little bit, or the the SRP price that we were given when these radios were announced was suggested price, but you know, not the actual price. I don't know. So there you go. Twenty percent off of all flashlight gear Nightcore. I got a couple of Nightcore flashlights a couple of weeks ago, been tinkering around with those really good quality flashlights.
Speaker 3: There.
Speaker 2: There's a lot of you guys in the chat that are well, there's a lot of you guys in the discord that are flashlight nerds. And I think that's awesome because I started talking about flashlights a couple weeks ago and one guy was in there He's like, no, I get this one, not this one, And I'm like, okay, cool. Yeah, so there's a cult following behind flashlights, so uh yeah, yeah, that's that's good too. Awesome. Fifty percent off of their World Gaming mousepad. Fifty percent off of Explore bag accessories. There you go. Some more computer stuff right there, this right here, what's this? Ten percent off of Select camera bags ready for seventy dollars off the twenty four Empire battery, eighty dollars off the fifty Empera battery. I've got both of those. I've used both of them for a long time. They both still work very well. I think I got like one of the first runs and they were it was what year and a half, two years ago something like that. I still use both of them almost every week, and especially during hunting season. I use a lot during hunting season. Twenty five twenty five percent off of personalized Santa Hats, personalized Santa stocking, free bag with this cool lots of cool stuff at the gigaparts website here. Black Friday sale going on. I will put this link in the chat as well. Make sure I get the right there we go, right there, there we go for that, and yeah, I go check that out. Now, this last thing here. Oh yeah, So I got a coffee page set up because that's never been done before. Been working with a company that probably the same company everybody else works with, doing some unique coffee blends. I'm calling it Ham Radio Overland Nott Coffee. And if you click right here you will see the four flavors that I'm currently doing. I do it. I got a Texas blend. If anyone else has a Texas blend, they're doing it wrong because I'm in Texas and nobody else is in Texas. And then we've got a d expedition brew an early shift in a rare grid. The early shift is a breakfast blend. This one, I think is a I forget which one that is, but what I might do. I started collecting coffees from various Ham Radio shops here two months ago. I'll be honest with you guys. I don't drink coffee much during the summer when it's hot outside. I like to drink coffee when it's cold outside. So I've been drinking coffee a little bit more regularly over the last couple of weeks because the temperatures have finally started to drop here in Texas. Even though it was seventy degrees two days ago, but it was like low forties in the morning, so I had a cup of coffee in the morning. But I'm going to do I'm gonna probably get some of this. I might do some giveaways of this on the channel. But uh, I'm gonna do a video about uh Ham Radio coffee. And I have bags of coffee from Quirky QRP, from who else somebody, like like three other stores. I can't remember who else it is right now, but but yeah, but now I've got my own coffee and these are all Ham Radio two point zero endorsed, So we'll see what how that goes. So Ham Radio Overland dot Coffee. Is that link there? I'll put that in the chat as well. Yeah, a lot of people love coffee all year longe all year long. Nothing wrong with that, Nothing wrong with that. But hey, no worries n A Yo, what's up buddy, Good to see you in there today. Uh, when are the Ham Radio tubers going to start a liquor line? Frank and I are seriously talking. I don't know if you're joking or not. Eric, Frank and are seriously talking about that. We are We are honestly talking about getting some sort of white label, some sort of bourbon company do a white label product for us. The trick is how to sell it, because if we buy let's say we buy fifty bottles with our own logo and our own blend or whatever from this liquor company, well, we can't sell it because we don't have a liquor license. Now, if they sell it, then that's that might be a thing, might be having a unique link. Go here, buy it here, get it shipped to you. You take care of it. They take care of all that stuff. So yeah, maybe maybe, But I said that, we talked about that on a live stream. I don't know, a couple of weeks ago, and two or three of you guys, one of you guys who lived maybe two of you guys who live in Kentucky sent me some links to stuff that I went and looked at. I haven't found anything exactly what I want to do yet or exactly how I want to do it, but yeah, probably so probably, so we're probably going to do that. So all right, I show seven fifty two in Texas. Guys, it looks like I've got about six foot folks waiting. So if you're waiting to join the zoom chat. Now might be the time we're going to bring everybody in. M boy, that's good, that is good. Somebody needs to mute. Okay, that's giga parts they were. You are now muted, sir. Oh that's a freaking Jason. You gotta mute. You gotta mute the live stream, buddy. Oh he can't hear me, Jason, you gotta mute the live stream, buddy. He's not mute yet. Okay, I'm muting him.
Speaker 4: Uh.
Speaker 2: Let's see. So let's see here, this right here looks like we've got most people well I know, I know at least two or three more are going to join us. All right, let's just bring everybody on and get this show rolling. Yeah, I'm gonna do this one here. I gotta change this. Hold on, guys, there's that and unmute myself. Turn that on. But I'm gonna turn that off. I'd sell few. Here we go, all right, let me get you guys over here. That's a different number of people who joined. So now that the aspect is all off, hold on, I'm just gonna all right, you guys are unmuted. Now. Hello, Hello, Hello, good evening, Good evening. How are you.
Speaker 5: Going good?
Speaker 6: Yeah, they're complained, fat and happy, full of turkey.
Speaker 2: Hey, that's that means it's Thanksgiving? Right cool? Cool? Thanks guys, thanks for joining us. We're gonna Yeah, we're frank free tonight. In didn't realize that.
Speaker 7: Yet, so that's why it's quiet.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, yeah, that's why it's quiet. So he had to go to a wake tonight, which yeah, I get it. Yeah, we which was planned before I had planned this. I didn't realize it was on the same night, but it's kind of unavoidable holiday weekend and all that. All right, Jason, you're ready, Oh, we're going right into it. He well, he is awake tonight. Yeah, that's Jason, which was planned before I had planned this, right right, right, right right? He doesn't know. You gotta mute. You gotta mute your live stream.
Speaker 8: Mute the YouTube.
Speaker 9: I can't tell. Can you all hear me?
Speaker 2: I can hear you. But you gotta mute the YouTube live stream because it's feeding. It's it's the audio. Mute the YouTube go into YouTube it. No, you're good, did you get it? I think you got it.
Speaker 8: I don't know what I'm doing, I say, Jack, get your act together.
Speaker 2: I think you got it. I think I think you're good.
Speaker 9: I don't.
Speaker 2: You can you can you hear me?
Speaker 8: I think he doesn't have a zoom audio setup.
Speaker 2: I doesn't. I don't think that's right. Yeah, so he's literally listening to the delay.
Speaker 7: Get your act together.
Speaker 2: I still think no, not if you can't hear me, you're not. I mean he is, but he's he's only hearing the YouTube, right, yeah? Yeah, think that's You need a headset.
Speaker 9: I don't don't have to fix this problem.
Speaker 8: Let us remote desktop at your computer.
Speaker 2: Right yeah? Yeah, yeah, So click on the up arrow next to the audio at the bottom left corner of the screen and choose your.
Speaker 9: I'm just I'm guys, I promise I am choose.
Speaker 2: Your audio sword. You need a headset. You need to put the audio into your headset. Well, if he's listening to the.
Speaker 10: I think he said he got YouTube YouTube muted.
Speaker 2: Yeah, text him that he's been on here a bunch of times. So I don't know what's I don't.
Speaker 9: Know what he's I gotta figure it out.
Speaker 2: Can you hear me now?
Speaker 9: I can hear you now?
Speaker 2: Okay? Yeah, okay.
Speaker 9: Originally, originally we were roaming the store, but it is incredibly loud, it is incredibly busy, so we have to quick fast and in a hurry come back here to the back corner of the store. So I apologize, guys.
Speaker 2: No, no, no worries, no worries, no problem at all.
Speaker 9: So maybe you know me long enough, you know, with them subject to failed miserably at this.
Speaker 2: Sometimes it's all good. It's all good, okay. So all right, so I'm going to give you the floor, sir. So I've I've prepped everybody for you a couple of times and you can maybe explain it a little bit better than I did. But because this was, this was your idea, so go for it.
Speaker 9: Well, I mean, we just decided that, hey, you know, let's let's make a deal, and we're going to look at it what everybody is offering us, and we are going to reply via the text. If we do not like your deal, we will capture the deal and if we can come to an in Greece and on it, we will we will change the price on the website and it will reflect almost immediately. So normally is go into the system, say we want to do a the extent for one thousand dollars. We'll change that in the system for one thousand dollars and anybody can participating buy it at that price.
Speaker 2: Oh nice, Wow, that's great.
Speaker 9: Okay, So I think we'll let this. I think we'll let these prices ride for well the duration of the show. They will not be imperpetute. So you know, so shall we.
Speaker 2: Begin, Yes, let's begin. So yeah, so you guys put your hopefully you've gone to the gigaparts website and looked around because we were talking about that thirty minutes ago, and uh, go find something you want that you want to make an offer on and put it in the chat.
Speaker 9: Sea I wave two for seventy dollars. Done, We'll do it.
Speaker 11: I would also remind people gigaparts sells three D printers, metals, cotecting equipment, cor computers.
Speaker 8: Right, so do go to the website.
Speaker 1: Right, you know.
Speaker 9: Now, I will say this, guys. You know, it's gonna be hard to get to everybody in the ten minutes or so that we have that. We're gonna stay on. We're gonna mantra chat. We'll we'll keep on answering everybody's text along the way. So if we don't get ten to ten minutes. Hang in there. We're gonna really keep talking to everybody via the chat.
Speaker 2: Okay, we've got the bridge too far, We've got the portable ham, the Poda, the new Poda, thirty three masts for one five. I don't know what the retail price on that one is that one looked at it yet.
Speaker 9: Well, I will tell you that as of a few minutes ago, even though the system might say they're still in stock.
Speaker 10: God, God, God, one seventy nine I think was the retail price on that is that?
Speaker 2: It was that? Okay? Yeah, an FT sixty one.
Speaker 9: Stand by.
Speaker 11: Operators are standing by for your deal.
Speaker 9: What y'all don't see is the team behind the scenes fevers things.
Speaker 2: Right, right, what's our cost on that?
Speaker 4: Can we do that?
Speaker 9: Exactly?
Speaker 2: Exactly right? Yeah? I told everyone. I told everybody not to offer one hundred dollars for a one and I specifically said that.
Speaker 10: Jason, you need to get that elevator music to play while we're waiting in jeopardy.
Speaker 9: Yeah, I've already got the background. Why not, right? Yeah, it's a fortune though, So what's the final price?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 9: Is our counter offer.
Speaker 2: For the FT sixty Okay? Okay, m.
Speaker 9: It's on the website and it's live now.
Speaker 11: So if you want to wow a counteroffer, you just went live at the counter wow.
Speaker 2: Yeah there yeah go yeah, that's super cool. It's still a deal. Yeah okay, uh ftd X ten four thousand dollars because you said that, Jason, but you know that's gonna be That was just a it's an example.
Speaker 9: Please don't hold me to that. But let's see what we got.
Speaker 2: I don't know what that is in my stories. ZMW clear speaker or Z I'm sorry, z W M clear speaker.
Speaker 9: That's clear speakers, West Mountain I.
Speaker 2: Think Okay, okay, West Mountain Man, they're they they can't keep up with it. It's gonna say, yeah, it's hard to find their stuff in stock good stuff, but it's hard to find it in stock.
Speaker 9: Well, team, what have we got on the d X two rowing dock? So is that your final press two eleven seventy five is the best we can do on the d X two?
Speaker 2: Okay? Probably probably think of stuff that's not made by Yasu yesu I commer Kenwood. Yeah, yeah, there's no, there's no, there's not there's not there's not much wiggle room on those, but everything else Ohio Pro seven s for two hundred.
Speaker 9: All right, we're looking at that right now.
Speaker 2: Okay, can I say more than one at a time or you or do you need do I need to go lower? I can hear Robbie in the back one time.
Speaker 10: I have one too, Jason.
Speaker 2: If this is fun, hold on, Tim, I'll let you go next.
Speaker 9: All right.
Speaker 11: It's tough because most of us really do not have an idea of what the margins are play here, so we're not feeling around in the dark.
Speaker 2: I've got a tail, I've got a trunk. Is this an elephant?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 10: My goodness, so true, Jason, I think your camera dropped out.
Speaker 9: If you, guys would like to expedite this quick the uh, every every product has a Gigaparts stock number. That would make things infinitely faster for us.
Speaker 8: Oh interesting.
Speaker 9: On the website.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, ATOSS one twenty for three hundreds. Not bad.
Speaker 11: I wonder what's the that's the that's the offer.
Speaker 2: This could be.
Speaker 11: This could be huge, guys, if you get something that's not bad.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we got what I'm trying to go in order though.
Speaker 8: Oh sorry, I'm just talking. I'm not sorry.
Speaker 2: I didn't.
Speaker 8: I didn't mean that for them to run with it.
Speaker 4: I was.
Speaker 8: I meant that that's pretty cool.
Speaker 2: That is that? Yeah? That is that is a sorry you have.
Speaker 9: Me squirrels work over here right now, We're.
Speaker 2: All like, uh the a toss whoa, that's pretty good? Three oh nine?
Speaker 10: Okay, stock is that in stock?
Speaker 9: Yeah?
Speaker 8: Not anymore?
Speaker 2: Not anymore? I mean three nine.
Speaker 9: I was.
Speaker 10: I was looking earlier today atoss on twenty a.
Speaker 4: M h.
Speaker 9: We'll take back orders on too at that price. So if we stuck out, well we'll do backwarders on it.
Speaker 2: Cool.
Speaker 9: Pretty quck alright, looking stock? What's next?
Speaker 2: All right? Tim? What do you got next?
Speaker 1: Uh?
Speaker 10: The West Mountain? Uh?
Speaker 4: Four?
Speaker 10: Oh h it's the uh the w M Yeah, r R dash four zero zero eight Hotel dash, Charlie.
Speaker 2: I believe that's when I have in my truck the forty amp rig runner.
Speaker 10: Yes, yeah, that's the horizontal one.
Speaker 2: What's your what's your offer?
Speaker 10: One hundred dollars?
Speaker 11: Oh we needed we need a soundboard for yeah, like like when Vana White does the where they do that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yes, yeah, we need that. We need that. Hold on, let me see, Oh my.
Speaker 9: Goodness, yeah, hundred dollars we'll do it all right.
Speaker 2: There you go, Okay, Tim, get ready, go get one before they get sold out. Uh, well, this one, this one's this one was pretty reasonable. I think. Uh a p O four power of fifty amp battery, throw in the charger.
Speaker 11: Oh that's interesting. What if you can combo?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean I I take that to mean sell it at the price you're already asking and throw in the charger.
Speaker 9: So, guys, I can't I can do something like that, but there's no easy way to just go adjust a price and do that.
Speaker 4: Ah.
Speaker 9: We'd have to create a code, and that is a not right now kind of thing. Okay, but let's let's table that one for another show. That would be a great another show one. And what we can do is we can take your guys thoughts on that and then address them in the show live at that point in time and be more prepared. Does that sound like a plan.
Speaker 2: That's great. I'm just trying to keep us moving. Rig Expert Pro for three.
Speaker 9: Rig Expert Pro that we're looking at. He was looking at the stick pro right now, so stand by.
Speaker 2: Awesome, okay, and then James t added you guys with a skew number, A red paddle of some sort.
Speaker 7: Do you guys still have the Explorer backpack?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 9: Yeah, yes, I don't see it on the website.
Speaker 7: It's not look good.
Speaker 2: To go to the Black Friday link that I posted in the chat earlier and scroll down about two thirds of the way.
Speaker 9: Stick the Pro three twenty five done.
Speaker 2: Okay, Stick Pro three twenty five vic go grab it or keep refreshing the page.
Speaker 9: It takes about five seconds from Tom. He says it saves a nari En for it to go live on the website. So cool, heat refreshing.
Speaker 2: So this said this red Paddle Skew for seventeen ninety nine.
Speaker 9: Red Paddle Skew for seventeen ninety nine.
Speaker 2: It's he. It was James T. He did an at Gigaparts in the chat and eight PM and he gave you a Skew number like you asked, and it says red Paddle seventeen ninety nine.
Speaker 9: We're looking at up. Okay, could you could you verbalize that SKU Sports.
Speaker 2: Real quick absolutely, Sierra Kilo uniform, Zulu Charlie Whiskey dash three seven, dash eight one zero dashes zero.
Speaker 10: Okay.
Speaker 7: How about the Explorer backpack for forty five.
Speaker 9: I have about that many left because those are getting updated. Oh as a completely redesigned.
Speaker 2: And you might or might not see that video on this channel next week. Don't tell Frank.
Speaker 9: It's possible he might be made out of exotic materials, like I don't know, X pack.
Speaker 2: Yeah, oh yeah, we're gonna have an X backpack. Okay, this one's cool, Lee Waters. I'm looking to purchase my first ham radio. I would like to get an FtM five hundred for four hundred dollars. For four hundred dollars, it's probably yeah, it's probably a little bit too low, but we'll we'll check. How's that.
Speaker 9: Thirty two dollars on the red paddle is the lowest we can go in that one?
Speaker 2: Okay it is and it's live.
Speaker 1: So if that's the.
Speaker 2: Thirty two dollars on the red paddal, it may.
Speaker 11: Not be acceptable for that first person, but there's other people that will.
Speaker 2: This is I didn't know you guys, we want to change the price on the website. And then yeah, that's a great idea.
Speaker 9: Yeah, yeah, you know, is su Casto man?
Speaker 10: Yeah?
Speaker 9: Yeah, a couple more and said, well, we'll keep this in the chat and keep working on okay, and then we can pop in every once in a while, because I don't want this. I don't want just to be the whole hour where we're doing this.
Speaker 11: Of course, people in the chet want it to be the whole hour, so you know, soy, and we will and we will do that.
Speaker 2: We will absolutely do that on the future live stream. So people in the chat are there's more chat messages coming in, and that it's now scrolled up far enough where I can't I can't h I can't read the oldest one anymore. So I'm gonna scroll down here, mister g we already talked about an FT sixty. It is the updated price on the website. That's the best price you're gonna find. Uh. Let's see. Okay, here's this a Bamboo PLS combo three DP twenty twelve skew uh for five forty nine?
Speaker 9: What was that? Skew again?
Speaker 2: Three d P twenty twelve.
Speaker 9: Okay, and what was the offer?
Speaker 2: Five forty nine? If I'm reading that correctly. I don't know how much that printer is normally, but.
Speaker 11: Uh, it's a damboo ones right yeah, yeah. The p is the open one, the open chassis, right.
Speaker 2: Mhm that's one that's possible.
Speaker 9: Do you want to ask combo? All right? That was normally seven hundred and forty nine dollars.
Speaker 8: Oh, that's the combo.
Speaker 9: I see, okay, let's see what we can do for that.
Speaker 7: Those are nice. Those are yeah, good printers.
Speaker 8: I have the non combo one of that.
Speaker 1: It's great.
Speaker 2: Five oh three. Nick says.
Speaker 9: This is bankers, by the way, that they're doing a promotion on that right now. So we're pretty much at cost on it, as it says, do another ten dollars off of and that's about it.
Speaker 10: Okay, you said the bamboo bamboo A one.
Speaker 2: P one P one s comba P one s combo. Okay, here's when you might be able to do. Uh, pat nobody can see you right now, Tim, I got Jason up there, but but feel free keep it there and you can show it later. So Patty Boy says, a shark mono band vertical five pack.
Speaker 9: Dash S yes, five F five S.
Speaker 2: M M for eighty dollars for eighty dollars. There's a little bit of wiggle room in those shark uh hamsticks. Those are great intennas. By the way, I've done several several PoTA activations. Whoa added boy? Done? Okay, let's do two more.
Speaker 7: By the way, is the best price you're gonna get for that printer? Right now?
Speaker 1: I just looked at Google.
Speaker 2: Nice. Okay, what the pot twenty? You guys have PoTA twenties in stock.
Speaker 9: Let's take a look, all right.
Speaker 11: I want to ask you how you could which you can go down to in a garrett at pro.
Speaker 9: Hey, hey, let's make that the second one. Let's let's work on the poted twenty four.
Speaker 10: Anybody care I'll go back, Josh, I might, I might be interested that. Okay, actually the new one that got coming out.
Speaker 9: Okay, what's the offer of the police twenty guys?
Speaker 4: Sixty?
Speaker 2: I think someone said sixty earlier.
Speaker 8: Yeah, people thought they were getting out of.
Speaker 2: Friday seventy five?
Speaker 1: Okay?
Speaker 2: Oh Dennis? Dennis asked, can you do one for seventy nine? Ninety five? So you just got a better deal, dinners the deal? Go out there and do that. Okay.
Speaker 9: Hey, there's there's this many of them like this many of them?
Speaker 2: Yeah, so go grab that now.
Speaker 9: Yes, if you want to put twenty, you better go run fast.
Speaker 2: All right. The last one, at least two maybe three people have asked about the epic powergate from powerworks.
Speaker 9: Let me go ahead and answer that question about the epic power gate. It is epically never in stock.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 9: I've had them for epically six months.
Speaker 2: Okay, all right, all right, I would love to have one myself. Right, Yeah, they're great.
Speaker 9: But the gart the Garrett at pro Let's, that's that's a fun one. We'll finish on that one. But like I said, guys, we will.
Speaker 2: What is that?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Oh okay, okay, it's a good one. It's world but yeah, okay, all right, let's yeah, that's not him radio, so let's do that. Well it's a radio though, it's a radio. Okay, all right, all right? Sound like what was that offer?
Speaker 9: The Garta tea pro?
Speaker 2: I didn't give one. That was just Josh's thing. I think four fifty would be nice, but I think that's too low.
Speaker 8: I think it's whoa.
Speaker 2: Well there you go.
Speaker 1: Wow.
Speaker 9: If that's what you want, you're going to go bro.
Speaker 2: Yeah all right, you got me, Well you got it now you gotta Yeah. I don't want to. I don't want a text from Lea tomorrow morning about this.
Speaker 11: Okay, it's bad over here, bad, it's been bad.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I know.
Speaker 9: Do you like this? Do you want to you want to do?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 10: I think Jason. I had a quick question that the West Mountain one that we talked about a minute ago.
Speaker 9: The four zero zero eight?
Speaker 10: Uh h did they put that in at? You said?
Speaker 9: Maybe I had a lot here the wrong partner. Give me the partner one more time.
Speaker 10: It was four zero zero eight h da dash okay.
Speaker 2: And there are several people were saying the site has crashed.
Speaker 11: It's still you can't use the search. You gotta go find So if you go to the homepage, the updated products are showing right at the top. I just saw the Garrett's right there.
Speaker 2: Okay, okay, all right.
Speaker 9: The West Mountains figs guys, awesome, thank you. All right, we're going to keep up in the chat, so keep firing away and we'll reply to chat and it'll go live for everybody.
Speaker 2: Yes, okay, all right, good. So yeah, so we're so they're going to monitor the chat. You guys can keep offering.
Speaker 9: So we know you're coming right.
Speaker 2: Tag them at with the at gigaparts. Yeah. Good, okay, that was great. That was great. Oh you got free shipping on that ship man. Wow. M oh gosh, okay, all right, well I just refreshed their page, guys, and I'm getting into it. Fine, so yeah, let's maybe the search is he Jason was saying something about the search that.
Speaker 11: Was me I couldn't get you said, okay, but all the updated products as they're updating them alive, they're going right on the top of the website, right on the homepage.
Speaker 2: On the on the homepage homepage.
Speaker 11: Yeah, just pulled up the homepage and sell the eight pros right there. Yes, it's right clear, Okay, I see it, I see it.
Speaker 2: Okay, cool, what am i? Oh buddy, what am I out of pocket?
Speaker 1: Here? All right?
Speaker 2: We did it? Here we go. Oh my god, I'm gonna get a text from Leya tomorrow morning. Josh is not allowed to do your live stream. Don't never do that again. Don't never do that again. Oh boy.
Speaker 9: In a couple of weeks.
Speaker 11: Yes, this is you should do this like monthly. Yeah, just on your YouTube channel?
Speaker 2: What anyway? Just duly amazing? Yeah we can. Hey, hey, look at because I do every year I do a live stream on New Year's Eve. There you go, so New Year's Eve would be an excellent time to do this. We uh we broke the uh we broke the Pac Tenna website one year on New Year's Eve. That was fun. I enjoyed that. I think everybody has. Yeah, yeah, uh huh yeah so uh yeah, so look at that, Jason. Well we'll talk ninety seven times between now and New year'sz but yeah, let's let's do that. New Year's Eve is a good time. So awesome. Thank you so much for that. This was fun.
Speaker 8: That was that was really cool.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Josh, I'm gonna let you talk about Teachers Institute.
Speaker 8: Oh yeah, thank you, Bud. I appreciate that.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 11: Sure, so yeah, we got a fun little telethon coming up tomorrow. In fact, let me just pull up my where is it? It's somewhere anyway. I think I lost it. But anyway, we're gonna be doing a live telethon for the Teachers Institute, which is the able RL's basically way they reach out to youth via teaching the teachers how to explain Ham radio to the youth.
Speaker 2: Right, and it.
Speaker 11: Is funded in its own out of its own budget, right, that is a part of the able RL. It's all ran by Steve good Game K five ATA, which many of us know. You've probably seen him a lot on both on his YouTube channel and then out here when I'm busy.
Speaker 8: Right now, I'm on a live stream right now.
Speaker 2: I can't turn it down. Please, it is too loud.
Speaker 7: Thank you.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I heard it. Turn it down, thank you.
Speaker 8: Wow, great, wonderful time.
Speaker 2: It's my channel. Don't worry about it.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 11: So we're gonna have a why does it keep showing this is the wrong site? Anyway, We're gonna have a cavalcade of people on tomorrow, a bunch of Ham radio YouTubers, but also a bunch of people from the Teachers Institute. Teachers who've gone through the process and have then gone back to their schools with gear that is provided to them, which is pretty much all free to the teachers and the schools, which is great because, as we they don't just let hams roll into campuses to teach kids about ham radio. It's generally got to come with the syllabus and a little bit more rigor that goes into the learning process. And that's what the Teacher Institute does. They've been successful now for many years and they continue to mint new HAMM radio operators, and so this idea came about. It was last year I think it was last year from Mike Kate MRD and his live stream ended on ended up going for a very long time, so like four am.
Speaker 2: I think that was two years ago, thoughouldn't it was it to Wow, I think I think it was two years ago. But he ran for I.
Speaker 8: Don't even know how many hours it was.
Speaker 2: It was a long nine nine to nine and a half something like that. I was on for a little over half of it. And they raised a ton of money for the ABRL, which pays for the teachers to come out and do the whole thing, right, and this money only goes to them. YouTube takes none of it. The YouTubers take none of this. It goes straight to them via the YouTube donate process, and literally it is a fund for just this. So even if you don't really have a membership to the a DOUBRL, but you think this is a really good idea, donating will go straight to them, and we'll go straight to Steve. He gets to do the fund do with what the funds of what he will. But we're going to turn this into a fun thing.
Speaker 11: It's going to be about eight hours or so and we're going to have segments of knowledge, if you will, a teaching kind of thing like twenty to thirty minute segments. A number of people are going to be hosting different talks throughout the period, and we're going to be taking your donations live. Now, what's the best part about this is the a DOUBRL has lined up funding matching, so for an amount of money.
Speaker 8: Yes, yeah, they've.
Speaker 11: Fre allocated a pretty large amount of money, substantial money that we don't want to leave on the table, right, So come join us tomorrow. Jason's going to be there, Mike, Kate, MRD, lots of people you know will be there and we are going to try and maximize the matching to get as much money as we can to the Teachers Institute because they do a fantastic.
Speaker 2: Job and we want to support them. And to clarify what Josh is talking about with the un not taking any money is when you guys send super chats on a normal live stream, YouTube usually takes thirty percent, which is fair because they give us a free channel that they don't owe to us. I have zero issue with that. But you can go into YouTube when you set up a live stream and you can choose a nonprofit fundraiser, our entity, institute, company, whatever, and that's and A double rol is in there. So when you donate one hundred dollars to a nonprofit, one hundred dollars goes to that nonprofit. When you donate one hundred dollars to me, I get seventy dollars of that. So it's a very cool thing that YouTube does and lets you donate to a nonprofit or and charity organizations and they get one hundred percent of the money. And we've done this, We've done this several times before.
Speaker 11: And specifically, this donation is for the A Double All Teachers Institute. It's not the A Double All General Fund. It goes directly to them. It is a fun setup for just them. So I dropped the link in the in the chat if anybody's interested. We start at two pm Pacific time tomorrow and it's going to go for a while.
Speaker 2: It's gonna go for a while, so it's gonna be fun. It will be Yeah, I get to talk about Hurricane Helen and how everyone should have a portable man pack. Oh cool.
Speaker 11: I mean, I know we talked a little bit about yeah MCom stuff, but I was wondering which way you're gonna go with it?
Speaker 8: So yeah, I'm excited to watch that.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Yeah, So I kind of did a video about that a while back, but I I've part After I did that video, I thought of like three other things.
Speaker 11: I'm like, I should have done this this. So I'm gonna be talking about that. So it's gonna be really quick. There is a there's a chat box on my head now great.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but.
Speaker 11: The question is, last year my credit card did not allow a large donation to YouTube? Will it direct to t I donation get the match? So my understanding and we can we can sort this out tomorrow. If you're watching live, there is a way to do a donation by check that will count the same, or or some other method. I'll make sure I talked to Steve beforehand to line that up.
Speaker 2: He has he has a URL that's uh twenty four seven that you can donate directly to him. I have to I have to change the battery in my camera. I didn't go anywhere. Hold on a second, helping a message to a digital rancher there, Okay, so I'm gonna go. Oh James is joining this. Okay, you guys, chill for a second. And change batteries. I'll fill the air for a little bit more about it. Go ahead, go ahead, go ahead.
Speaker 11: So yeah, well, we'll sort out all the links, will have it available and through that link, and for the period of time that we'll be doing it, all the funds will We'll make sure that it's matching so that you know, we get the maximum amount of that money. It's a It's a substantial amount though, right for the for the amount of matching, I appreciate that we may not be able to hit it, but I'd certainly like to try.
Speaker 2: Greg K six eggs.
Speaker 8: Will there be drinking. I assume many people will be drinking.
Speaker 11: I'm gonna be kind of corraling a lot of the show on the back end, so I Am probably not going to crack some beers until we get successful with the amount of donations. I forgot one of the most important things. One of the most important things. I have four radios that I'm going to give away. These are just two of them. So as we start making our way through the donation goals, I'm going to start giving away radios.
Speaker 2: So hey, another reason to show up.
Speaker 11: And you do not have to be a donator to qualify to enter into the giveaway. We're gonna do it live. It's just gonna be the people that are chatting, because that would be illegal.
Speaker 2: Otherwise if you legal.
Speaker 11: Contest available to who's ever on the air with us and watching live and yeah, so come on out, it'll be a lot of fun.
Speaker 2: Speaking of giveaway radios, something I meant to say at the beginning of this stream and forgot about. REDI US contact me about two weeks ago. They want to give away three different radios on one of my live streams tonight.
Speaker 6: Oh yeah, it all over you.
Speaker 2: Oh James, you're kind of allowed, dude. Hold on, I'll give you a floor in a second, James. So yeah, so I'm giving away three radios read of us tonight, the RT ninety five, the R eighty, U R eight, R A eighty nine, and R A seventy nine. So I would I'm just gonna pick random people from the chat that make me laugh. Also, there's something else I kind of forgot to to h Frank. Frank brought me the pickle whiskey tonight and because we were at the cigar bar the other night and he's and I said something about I need to get some kind of nasty beer to drink for super Chats. And he's like, oh, I'll bring you this bottle of pickle whiskey. And I put this in and said it on the table and my wife's like, you're gonna drink that whole thing. I'm like, hell no, but I'm gonna pour myself a glass of it. I'm gonna put it in your h in your glass, Brint, I saw you in the Chat Whiskey seven Back Roads. So this is the Superchat glass right here.
Speaker 1: Guys.
Speaker 2: This does not go to the Teacher's Institute or Oh man, I can smell that as soon as I took the lid off. My god. But this is all super Chat for me tonight. So but you guys, but I'll be making a big donation myself tomorrow the Teacher's Institute, I'm sure, like I did last year.
Speaker 11: Yeah, I'm sure I will, aside from the radios I bought. But yeah, it's gonna be fun.
Speaker 2: James, what's up brother? How are you? Hey?
Speaker 12: Guys, I'm doing I'm at a theme park with the family. I just wanted to jump in and say hi real quick. I wasn't expecting this, but uh yeah, I saw the beginning. Thanks for plugging my stuff, and happy holidays to everybody. Absolutely, yeah, I'll let you guys go. I'm I'm lost in a theme park.
Speaker 2: All right, buddy, thanks for joining. Appreciate you joining. Man serve three guys. Yeah later, cool quirky QRP right there in the house, guys. Okay, all right, let me I wonder if I turn on my I think I'm gonna go show soap view, but I'm gonna switch my camera to here. That's better, and then I'm gonna go to this screen.
Speaker 4: Where did it go?
Speaker 2: Uh yeah, multi speaker just like that. Okay, cool, So we're we're we're just totally on zoom now, digital ranchers in the house, rob feel free to join us if you have the uh he's Oh, I see you're in Pennsylvania with lousy internet. That's too bad. Okay, but yeah, you're still welcome to join if you want to. You couldn't be worse than James's internet right there. So all right, guys, let's let's go around the room. Pat, I haven't haven't heard from you in a long time, buddy. How's it going out there?
Speaker 8: Oh?
Speaker 7: I know, I've been busy, busy, busy. But tomorrow I'm going on a little bit of a de expedition.
Speaker 2: Cool to uh Ruba. Oh nice, very cool.
Speaker 7: Go play some poda down there on the island of a Rube w BP four and three pm, so that'll be a lot of fun. And then in April I'll probably go back down the Guatemala and do a bunch of poda down there. So yeah, we've just been playing poda when we can. But I've been I've been more active on TikTok lately than YouTube.
Speaker 2: Really. Yeah, well there you go. I you know, I never put TikTok on my new phone. I'm just like, you know, I'm gonna get in a second phone and put TikTok on it. I think.
Speaker 7: Well, I tell you what, Ham Radio is a lot of fun on TikTok.
Speaker 2: There's a lot of Yes, that is true. I agree with that, yeah, because.
Speaker 7: There's a lot of like I think, like you know, with the YouTube algorithm, you see a lot of like English speaking content, but with TikTok you get like stuff from all over the world. So like you see people in Europe, Asia, even like South America playing Ham Radio. It's pretty cool.
Speaker 2: That's pretty Yeah, that's pretty good. Yeah, I've been enjoying the UH. I used to watch TikTok a lot, and lately I've been joining the Instagram reels just because they're Yeah, it's almost everybody who posts on TikTok. Almost everybody posts the same thing on Instagram reels, so you kind of get everything as it is.
Speaker 7: But I do the same thing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, yeah cool man, Thanks for joining. Appreciate that. Yeah, thanks Tim. What's going on, buddy? How are you? No? Man?
Speaker 10: Living a dream? Living a dream? Just staying busy doing some videos? Did A did a nice? I was gonna say it's to me a subarctic pote activation at thirty some degrees, but I spoke with the station in North Pole, Alaska, and he said negative twenty of course, and that was in freedom units, So I don't know what that translates to celsius. But it was cold, nonetheless, so I had I had no room to complain, but nonetheless still had fun knock out about one hundred and ten contacts in about an hour.
Speaker 2: Nice. What ten meters has been on fire lately? I've I did some FT eight the other day and I'm like, man, I need to get out to. It's just so inconvenient to Giga part says the po to thirty three is gone. So good job, guys, y'all sold, which is what we want to see. But yeah, I just I'm thirty minutes away from a park anywhere direction, in any direction I can. I can drive from my home, so when I get down to Galveston, it's like seven minutes. And that's why I'm always doing PODA from down there. But yeah, I need to get back out there because ten meters has really been on fire the last few I saw a buddy of mine, I saw him posting I have him on ham alert, one of the guys in the local club here. I saw him spotted on twelve meter ft eight about a week ago, and I'm like, heck, if if twelve meters is open, then freaking everything is open. So it's time. It's time to get out into a park. Boys. That's that's just a it's a great time to be out there. Cool. Thanks for joining, Tim, No, thank you, Jeff. What's going on, Bud? How are you?
Speaker 5: I'm doing good? Work's been kind of crazy for me. They had one person move to a new group, had another one let go. So now to my job by myself.
Speaker 2: Oh wow.
Speaker 5: So I've been decompressing from that when I'm off work, trying to get some videos done.
Speaker 4: Well.
Speaker 5: I received a new bamboo three D printer last week and this past Wednesday I probably took it out of the box, set it all up, printing my first thing right now. It's probably a little bit more than halfway done. So going to get into that soon among other things.
Speaker 8: Too, fantastic printer, good choice, thank you.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I've I had a I think it was a Prusa printer several weeks. Yeah. Yeah, But like everybody's talking about this bamboo thing, and the only drawback is you have to connect it to the internet so they can monitor everything you're doing.
Speaker 10: But you don't know you can you can punt it directly to the printer.
Speaker 8: Now you can. But that's it, Jason.
Speaker 2: That used to be true, that you So they've changed that. Okay, I didn't realize they changed that. Okay, But but from from other than that, everything everyone says that that printer is just plug and play, easy, easy, easy. So so I've been been wanting. I've been kind of looking at getting one maybe, so we'll see, but I don't know. Okay, so let me Jeff. Thanks for being here, buddy. I appreciate that.
Speaker 9: Thank you.
Speaker 2: Where is where is? Where is epoch in here? Who? Uh? Ham radio nomad? I saw a message come in from them, but where did they send it to me? Okay, I'll find that. Let's uh, let's go to uh Paul. What's up, buddy? How are you hey?
Speaker 3: I can't complain? And all Thanksgiving was quiet, low key. I made a nice turkey. It came out great. Excited for the two thousand subscriber giveaway tomorrow. Of course, I'm gonna have to jump in Josh's and donate to the teachers first, but huh yeah, No, I appreciate you inviting me in and and it's always great to be here. I love seeing all the people in the chat and it's just a great community. Honestly, I'm so happy to be a part of it.
Speaker 2: It is a fun community, for sure. Yet you got a little bit of clipping in your microphone. You didn't sound like that last week, so just FYI.
Speaker 1: There, but.
Speaker 4: I'll make an adjustment here.
Speaker 2: Okay, all right, Well, thanks for being here, buddy. I appreciate you your time tonight. So we got a battery we might be given away. So okay, Vince your next bro. Thanks for joining. I know that you were I'm sure if you could join us or not, but welcome.
Speaker 4: I was just a little bit double booked here. I have just spent a month in the hooscal and I just got out today. And that's dead serious. My employer had me working in a correctional institution for the last month, so it has been a whirlwind of getting as many new entities that I could activated. I'm way down in the southern part of the province, just about an hour north of Montana. I've been so I've been so close to the US border so many times in the past month. My cell phone doesn't know its identity anymore. It's like rizon At and t Talispell. It just doesn't care anymore. So it's a It's been an absolute hoot. And so I just finished my last shift. I head home tomorrow. Been grateful man.
Speaker 2: Yeah, tell me where you are again.
Speaker 4: I am in Lethbridge, Alberta. As the vocals call it, l A.
Speaker 2: L A that can be deceiving, that could be just yeah, yeah, yeah, cool man. Thank you for joining us tonight.
Speaker 4: Thanks for having me man, you bet all right.
Speaker 2: So there's a lot of messages coming at me right now. Epoch or Epic Batteries is in the chat. I did a couple of instant ram posts about them today, and I talked about them on my shopping video this morning. You guys, hey there you want Eric, Eric, why are you not with us tonight? I would like to know that because that needs to be a that needs to be a thing, right there. Okay, so here's to Eric. Right here. This pickle whiskey. I've never had this before. I like, I can smell it from like way over there. I can smell it. You would like it, Josh.
Speaker 8: If you don't like pickles, you won't like it.
Speaker 2: I mean that's I like pickles and I like beer, but I don't like pickle beer. So probably it smells like liquid pickle juice right here.
Speaker 4: But what does it taste like?
Speaker 2: That's actually not terrible. It's not terrible. Is it the spicy one or is it just the regular? It is the crock Kroco dill tears. Yeah, spicy, spicy, Yeah, spicy pickle whiskey. Yeah it's good. It's yeah, it's fine. That's not od no, yeah, he hates it. He drinks it on stream. He's like, I was like, it's not as bad as that pickle. It does sound gross, but it's just it's not as bad as that pickle beer. So yeah, all right. So Epoch Batteries is in the chat and they I missed it. I apologize because there's a lot of messages coming at me right now. They said they wanted to do a battery giveaway. So I got this. I got this. I got connected with these guys over email a few months ago. And you guys who have seen my f two fifty mobile ham radio setup know about the battery bank that I have in the back. I was running a three hundred empower battery for a while. Prior to that, was running a Renergy two hundred empower and uh and Epic. I think it's pronounced Epic, but I it's spelled Epoch. They reached out to me, O, yeah, for satellite times and whatnot. It's yeah, thick, yeah, yeah, yeah, it's epic. But they reached out to me and they're like, hey, we want to send you a battery do a video. I'm like, cool, So I've got this whole system I'm building in the back of the truck. Victron Total off grid total dis tolls that and they're in the chat tonight and they want to, uh we will give away a twelve three hundred Empire battery during the stream. Let the boss know. Nice, thank you Jody for sending me that. So, uh yeah, I assume that's William in the chat. William from Epic in the chat let me know, and yeah, well let us let me know how you want to do that, so that'd be great. Thank you guys. That's These are some really well made hardened batteries with Victorn Canvas systems built into some of them, not all of them, and they're just it's I I know, Battleborn is kind of like the leader of the pack as far as like the overland world, but I think I think I've used a battle Born once before. I think these would almost stand up to that, if not stand up to that just as well. Further testing is required, but either way, this is a kick ass battery system. So really good. Epoch Batteries dot com go check out their website. I talked about them in the shopping video earlier today. Hey Jason, Yes, sir.
Speaker 9: I think we've caught up with everybody to this point. Does anybody else have anything?
Speaker 2: Okay, does anyone else have anything for gigaparts? What did Shane buy?
Speaker 7: I put in the chat the arrow two meter of four forty it's normally like one thirty nine? How about for like one ten?
Speaker 9: Did you send me the SKU? I did not. By the way, Jason, I just want to remind you that we got your new battery box in last week.
Speaker 2: Yes indeed, I yeah, I talked about that in a video last week, but not today. So brand new gigaparts battery box with an upgraded power distribution us BE seaports.
Speaker 9: Yeah, sixty five w PD.
Speaker 10: Ice.
Speaker 9: Maybe we should we do a deal now for that one.
Speaker 2: I think we should because that thing is really it's really new. So I was waiting to see if you guys were going to put that thing on sale. It's ninety nine dollars. You can always say five percent off with the code case five h WB because it's on that page. It's on my page. But yeah, what kind of deal do you want to do? Jason?
Speaker 9: How about when you seventy nine ninety five and your five percent still applies?
Speaker 2: Okay, let's do that all right? Let me pull that back up because I've got that right here. Is that right there? Okay, so we're.
Speaker 4: Gonna somebody in the comment says, just looking for a battery box a good time.
Speaker 2: Oh well there there you go. All right, okay, so this is it right here. I'm going to put this link in the chat. It says ninety nine to ninety five right now. So wait, you guys hit the seconds. You guys hit this and keep refreshing.
Speaker 4: What size battery doesn't fit? That's the question.
Speaker 9: The largest I can put in there right now is a bo only thirty.
Speaker 2: It'll take a yeah, it'll almost take the fifty, not quite take the fifty.
Speaker 9: Well that's sexty PD module is a little little thing.
Speaker 2: It's okay, okay, I've suggested, Okay I have. I have the original battery box there. It is right there. They're just right there. So use the link I just put in the chat. It's twenty dollars off. Use also the code of k C five HBB for an extra five percent off. I have the original battery box, and I have the original twenty four Empower Gigaparts battery, the PO four Power twenty four Empire battery, and I've had that since it was I've got the Like I said at the beginning of the stream, I've got the first one of the run of batteries from them and the first first run of battery boxes. And I use that thing all the time. That's the battery I take with me most places because it will it's got enough ports on it. Well it'll it'll run your radio, sure, but it will charge your phone, your camera, your headset, your uh, anything else that's USBC chargeable. Well you're ht laptop now, well the new one will. Yeah, now I'm talking about the old one. I still take it with me everywhere. So it's great.
Speaker 9: But those coming your way next week, so they'll be forthcoming.
Speaker 2: Absolutely, yeah, looking forward to it. I was hoping to get that done this week actually. But it's all good. It's all good.
Speaker 6: I know you.
Speaker 2: It's it's it's you've been busy. It's black Friday. Man, it's cool. It's all it's all good.
Speaker 6: So yeah, big how big a box a battery do you have in your box?
Speaker 2: Twenty four ampower twenty four? Okay on this box you mean.
Speaker 6: The one that the one that you said you're using currently.
Speaker 2: Well, I've got multiple battery boxes do. But this one right here, this gigaparts one, the Explorer battery box. I have a twenty four it'll fit that thirty Empower chins or Eco worthy from Amazon, just fine, Like, no problem, it'll it'll It'll almost fit two of them, Like you could put them together, two twenty four empowers or two thirty empowers in parallel. You could almost do that. But I have one twenty four Empower in mine, and then and and it's got this much space on the side of it, and I put a bag in there with a bunch of USBC connectors. So and I take that with me almost everywhere. I just leave it in my truck most days. And you know, if I'm out on a road trip or a family gathering or a picnic, or you know, just going out for the day to do something, then I take that with me. And my wife's like, my phone's almost dead. Well here you go plug in here, so it works.
Speaker 9: Well, all right, we're gonna play catch up on some of these new ones, guys.
Speaker 2: All right, man, awesome, Okay, let's look at the uh is Mike in the chat. Oh, Mike, join us on zoom buddy. I'll see you in the chat k m R d Uh, let's see Richard K six rd J. What's up brother, Thanks for joining us tonight. Uh yeah, there's Richard. All right, Well let's go around the room here. What's everybody drinking tonight?
Speaker 6: I got a little uh Woodford Reserve.
Speaker 2: That's always a good choice, always a good choice.
Speaker 4: Right there, it's cold. H two.
Speaker 10: Oh, I have a classic great value, great value.
Speaker 2: Water drinking water, tim drinking water.
Speaker 10: Yeah.
Speaker 6: Whatever makes your happy hour happy.
Speaker 2: Right, yeah? Yeah, true modern time. Oh I've said I've had that Modern times.
Speaker 9: Yeah.
Speaker 8: Good brewery and uh outside of San Diego.
Speaker 2: Hmm, what's that one that's uh that's out there? Josh mmmm. They make some really good stouts. It's there's a there's a lot, but uh well yeah, but they they distribute out here. You sent me a couple one time, and I'm like, oh, I can get these here, but it was flavors I couldn't get here. I can get that. I think it's called the brewery.
Speaker 11: Oh, the brewery, Yeah, b are you e or y or something like that, yees exactly, Yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 2: Stuff.
Speaker 11: They got pretty prolific, and not just stouts, but they started making like a bunch of wild sours and everything, like, yeah, if you can find it, you can actually buy it online. 'tis the season for this beer? Actually, it comes out in November. It's called Black Tuesday. It is a huge stout. It's like the biggest strongest stout you can You can probably buy Black Tuesday from the brewery.
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, I have to look for that. I haven't seen that one, but so you won't see it.
Speaker 8: You have to buy it online. You have to buy it from them.
Speaker 11: It's like a small batch, specialty reserve once a year kind of thing.
Speaker 2: I see. Okay, Yeah, all right, good good. I've been keeping up with a couple of different cigars around uh that there's there's two or three companies that make cigars that release during this time of year, and that's it. And Frank and I were dealing with that the other night. So, but as far as the beers go, I was like, I was talking to my wife yesterday, I think, and she's like, well, she says something about me buying beer, and I'm like, well, I haven't really bought or drank much beer this year. But once the pumpkin season gets here and then the cold weather gets here and all the stouts come out. I'm like, that's my beer time. Yeah, I don't care about drinking beer do this summer forget it. Yeah, I'll drink some whiskey. It's cool. But yeah, it's it's all good, good stuff there. So I mean I do.
Speaker 11: I mean, you're you're kind of like being comes to stouts. You like the the pumpkin stuff is good, but like I like the coconut stouts a lot of this, Yes, fantastic, And I am with you that I don't drink anything like that in the summer.
Speaker 2: I'll drink like an I p A in the summer.
Speaker 11: Yeah, so this is tis the season for stout stouts, porters.
Speaker 2: Yes, the red ales, all that stuff.
Speaker 8: Perfect perfect.
Speaker 2: I don't care for I p as. I've said that before. I've gotten to where I like the Belgian ales oh so good, yes, yes, and the English and the Scottish shales, which are which are quite rare to find something with Like a Scottish shale. It's kind of like a it's kind of like an amber, but it's got more spice and less heaviness what I would describe as to it. Yeah, and it's it's just very it's like a Belgian ale, but it's a darker Belgian ale. And I just I like, like if I if I go into a place and I see a scottishale, I'm like, can I have a taste of that? And nine times out of ten I'm like, yeah, that's what I want. It's very good. It was.
Speaker 11: It was actually a Belgian triple that was kind of like my first foray into non macro beers. It was from Duval Duvelle Duval. It's like the you know, there's a little dragon boat on or something like that. It was kind of like my first foray into into good beers. So yeah, Belgian triples are fantastic. Belgian doubles are basically doubles are like ales, brown ales, all kinds of good stuff, and they're not I p A at all.
Speaker 2: They're more yeasty than anything. They've got some right writing. Oh no they're not. They're not I PA, They're not. They're not very happy or bitter. The IBU is really low on those. So in fact, Matt a four m Q he makes an excellent Yeah, triple he does triple, he makes is it's just fantastic. So you made me laugh.
Speaker 11: Those The Scotch Ale, the scotch als are also kind of like rare, the good ones. Yes, there's a there's a number of breweries that make they call it scotch ales that are like, they're just high alcohol content like gas station beers to get people trashed, and they're absolutely bad. So don't go get into some random gas Jason said, these Scotch jails are real good.
Speaker 2: He means a legitm a craft a craft Scotch jail. Yeah, yeah, a legit brewery. Yeah, totally. This one's good. Hedgehog got it. I bet it's delicious. Oh yeah, I'm sure. Hey what was that? What was that? Ghost Pepper? I p A you sent me a couple of years. Yes, yeah, So are they still making that? No?
Speaker 11: No, well they didn't this year because I went out I asked them, Yeah, and because we both wanted them.
Speaker 2: You asked me to get some of them shipping to me.
Speaker 11: I was like, heck, yeah, went there and they're like, no, we didn't make them this year because I don't think they were very popular. When I was going in, I was buying them by like the truck loads.
Speaker 2: I was the only person keeping this thing. Oh my god, I'm like, yeah, so go next time you go in there and say, you know, we've got a YouTube community that would buy like a whole palet from you, because I mean, if you keep them cold or I pas, if you keep them in the fridge, they should be okay for a long time.
Speaker 11: It's a milkshake I PA, so it's different, right, but then it's also proper spicy. It's actually very spicy. Yeah, you don't like spicy things. This isn't like you got the spicy chicken sandwich.
Speaker 2: Yeah, like king, this is yeah, no, this is this is like this is like you drink this thing. So you have a glass here and you like you have your I P A and an actual beer glass, right, and you're like this right, mm, that tastes pretty good. And then your lip right here starts burning the hell out of you, and like like you're like, give me a freaking paper towel. I was like, my lip is burning, and I'm like, oh, yeah, that's right now, my throat is on fire. It's fantastic, It's it's awesome. I was like, yeah, yeah it was. It was. Josh sent me two of them and I drank one and I'm like that's so good. I gotta save the other one. I drank it like three months later. I don't think it was as hot letting its sit that long, but it was still damn good. But yeah, that's yeah. If if and there was a there was a place that I went to. I can't even remember where that was. It was a place I went to, Oh, it might be this local brier here in Grapevine. But they had a Auben neuro Ale and it was like it was a very light colored, very you know, like yellow light colored. Looked like a Miller light beer. But they would only serve it to you in like a shot glass, like a like a five ounce poor I think. And then and you drink it, and you're like, oh, yeah, that's why. But it's so good. It's like when it when it's cold beer and it burns going down. It's cold and burning at the same time. I'm like, this is really good. I like that. I'm sorry. If if anyone has any beers like that that they can recommend, I would very much like to uh to talk to you.
Speaker 9: You can have a cold and burning guys. We finished up with last of the cold and burning offers.
Speaker 2: Okay, we are done for to night, guys.
Speaker 9: We gave you an hour. I think we did some pretty good deals.
Speaker 2: Yes, absolutely cool, but uh, let's do this again. We will absolutely do this again. I think this was a great idea, Jason, This was all your idea, So thank you Ida. Good job. Yeah, totally totally.
Speaker 9: Guys. Well, we're gonna we're gonna get on out of here and recharge for tomorrow and we'll see all later.
Speaker 2: All right, man, thanks for joining sah, thanks Jason. Yeah, you guys, go check out gigabarts. They still got a Black Friday sale going through the weekend.
Speaker 8: Buying a metal detector was not on my list of.
Speaker 2: Things, Oh my god. But it's really good though, because it has good discrimination.
Speaker 11: So I mean, if you didn't know this, right, if you look at a metal detector, you know how there's like a loop, an outer loop and an inner loop. Right, Well, it's literally sending a pulse into the ground and the reflections coming back to it are picked up by the receiving loop, and the signal strength gives them an idea of what the composition is of the metallic thing that's sending back the reflections, and so they can use that to discriminate to a certain type of metal like Composition's gold silver coin. So this a t pro is actually pretty good at discriminating what you're actually looking at when you're.
Speaker 8: Over the top of the ground. So it's it's a good one.
Speaker 11: So if anybody's interested in another hobby, right right, go, Yeah, gigabarts for four fifty is four fifty is pretty good for for me, pretty good if you uh, that's better than the Garrett website right now?
Speaker 2: Is black Fried a deal that is way better than the Garrett?
Speaker 9: Really?
Speaker 1: Yes, I looked.
Speaker 2: I looked. Yeah, if you live near a beach like Josh does or like Mike Gallison houses, get a metal detector. It's amazing what you could find in the sand. Yeah, that's a different thing.
Speaker 8: There's two types of detectors.
Speaker 11: There's there's the v F I mean very high frequency, and then there's pulse induction. You need pulse induction if you're going to go in the water.
Speaker 2: So just keep I'm not even talking about it. I'm just talking about on the beach. Yeah, I'm just talking about walking the beach. But yeah, it's I mean, because you know the tide roll in, you know, several times a week, and then you you know the tide comes up and he goes down. It comes up and goes down. So go in at low tide and just walk around, you know, just right in front of the water on the beach and with your metal detectors see what you can find. You might be surprised what you find.
Speaker 11: My uncle, his hobby was waiting until ten PM and then going down to the southern California beaches at low tide and then doing that going on the wet sand. Remember for wet sand though, you probably need the pulse induction. He got enough gold jewelry watches he paid for the last two of his brand new F one fifties, which oh with just junk gold, like swapping out like he had mason jars full of just junk gold that he would send in. He made a mint off of this. It's legit if you if you actually know what you're doing. It's particularly on the beaches in California.
Speaker 2: They work.
Speaker 8: It works out pretty well, dude.
Speaker 1: It was.
Speaker 8: It's gnarly.
Speaker 11: He now has a cyber truck, which you know even Irashi about.
Speaker 2: You paid for that with the Tesla truck. Yeah, I saw. I saw a post on Instagram the other day and it was the Tesla truck sitting in the garage, and in front of the truck was was a big like a three fifty or four hundred Chevy engine on a on a on a cherry picker engine hoist and down at the bottom it says we're about to ungay the cyber truck.
Speaker 11: I wonder what nobody's done that yet because it doesn't have an Yesta in the front.
Speaker 2: Well, not the cyber truck. But they put they put a they put a Chevy three fifty in a in a Tesla model whatever it was, yes, yeah, yeah, and they like they showed like an Instagram video of it pulling up to a stop sign and it's smoking while it's running and people are looking at it like what the hell is this and it's like the no emissions at all open headers. Yeah.
Speaker 11: The problem with the cyber truck is there's not a lot of space in the front area. No like an l Las or something like Vy l last or drop something crazy.
Speaker 2: I don't know. I don't know. But what's up, Mike? Are you well?
Speaker 1: Well, hello, I'm not sorry to Scott here. What's going on? Can you hear me?
Speaker 6: Okay?
Speaker 1: Is everything good?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Yeah, you're good.
Speaker 1: Yeah, continue amongst yourselves?
Speaker 2: Are we?
Speaker 11: Are we going to talk about our big pickups? Did anybody pick up anything awesome from Black Friday? Because we do that too, right, We gotta we gotta figure out what.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I gotta tell you I bought hang on.
Speaker 1: I got a story about Karma.
Speaker 2: Uh oh, okay, why don't you tell that? And then we'll talk about black you guys, you guys, how's she doing?
Speaker 1: She's all right, you know, keep black great, keeping right?
Speaker 2: But all right, all right, So who bought what for Black Friday? Who wants to go?
Speaker 7: I got a f DM five hundred.
Speaker 2: Did you from where?
Speaker 11: No?
Speaker 7: D ex engineering? I think the lowest price. It was like a dollar cheaper.
Speaker 2: It's like until Jason's stream.
Speaker 7: Yeah, yeah, it's.
Speaker 1: Camel camel camel from Josh's stream.
Speaker 2: Huh what about him?
Speaker 1: So good saying just saying so good.
Speaker 11: If you're not using camel camel camel, you better be before you buy anything on Amazon for sure.
Speaker 1: Oh.
Speaker 2: I have a I have a plug in called coopert. Okay, yeah, it tells you what the what the historic aggregate is of the of the product. No, it finds other websites they're like, we found seven other websites with the lower price and blah blah blah.
Speaker 11: So so Camel Camel Camel will tell you, like, over the course of a year or more, what the price has been. So when you go on the Black Friday site and it's like, used to be eighty dollars, now forty, and then you look at Camel Camel Camel, It's like, no, it's been forty dollars for eighteen months.
Speaker 2: What are you talking about?
Speaker 11: It totally rats out Amazon for trying to trying to sleeve out people.
Speaker 2: I saw several I saw several ham Radio websites that were claiming that this this weekend as well. So I'm like, you know, it's cool, no problem, I'm not dogging you, but yeah, that was your price three weeks ago. Also for your Black Friday sale, It's good, all right? So who bought what? So Pat got a FtM five hundred, who else? Not something for Black Friday?
Speaker 9: I just picked up.
Speaker 1: Twenty what?
Speaker 2: No, I'm sorry, what the a toss one twenty oh from gigabarts.
Speaker 1: From Giga Parts.
Speaker 4: Now I need to go to my local HRO pick.
Speaker 9: Up a eight ninety one.
Speaker 1: I'll probably do that tomorrow.
Speaker 10: Yep, I also bought one too.
Speaker 2: Did you really know?
Speaker 4: The dirty secret about the one twenties is if you go off and buy the Larsen forty nine inch whip, which is w the partnerbers at W four and I'm pretty sure it's a stock whip, you pull out the Yasu whip, the thirty inch whip, you drop the forty nine inch whip directly in. You lose six meters VHF and UHF, but you gain all kinds of performance off the HF bands. It's a simple, easy modification.
Speaker 2: Really, yes, sir.
Speaker 4: I've been I've been running mind like that for twenty years.
Speaker 10: Oh wow, what was that partner of bregains.
Speaker 4: Whiskey four nine zero bravo. It's like a twenty year thirty dollars whip and your funny monopoly money.
Speaker 10: Oh yeah, you know, in order to be monopoly money, it's got to have different colors.
Speaker 9: Right.
Speaker 4: Oh, I've forgotten, I'd forgotten that. You're right.
Speaker 1: Hang on a minute, hang on, hang on, hang on, slow your role. What do you mean it's what do you mean it's a better antenna?
Speaker 4: Well, I didn't say it was a better antenna. It improves the.
Speaker 1: Performance, improve the performance?
Speaker 4: How well you put more radiating element in the area, put one hundred and fifty percent more radiator on it?
Speaker 1: How long was that whip? And you're you're saying, this is just a whip that you drop in the A tooss.
Speaker 4: Yeah, instead of this, instead of I.
Speaker 1: Got it in here is I've been listening to the whole thing. I'm trying to hear it from Vince.
Speaker 4: Instead of the stock thirty inch whip, you know, which is like this long, you put the forty nine inch whip, which is like this long, one hundred and fifty percent more, just about one hundred and sixty something like that. Just a just a what it's it's longer just a what?
Speaker 1: Just a boot?
Speaker 4: Yeah, just a boat?
Speaker 1: Sure, whatever you're talking. You're talking the stock a toss whip. Hey, get the stock a tass whipper versus a drop in Larsen forty nine inch because it fits. So there's it. So there, hang on, So there's a drop in whip for the a toss. Listen, dude, I'm coming home for my birthday dinner. Okay, So screw you guys, happy, but I don't want to talk, never scroll that. I want to talk about the Athos.
Speaker 2: You're going to win the button here in a minute, do it, Mike, Mike hold on, like if I may, Mike, if I may.
Speaker 11: So, if you go to the h R O and Anaheim and you buy an ATOS, one of the first things they recommend is that you buy the longer extension whip because it makes it a more effective radiator. With that said, there's a caveat when you get going real fast and you get a lot of deflection on.
Speaker 8: That whip that can affect it.
Speaker 11: But yeah, it is a longer piece of metal and it makes the tuning a little bit easier to the caveat.
Speaker 1: Josh is if you go to the HRO O and Anaheim.
Speaker 8: No, but you can buy this with anyway.
Speaker 2: It's just a stinger. It's just a long stinger, that's all it is. Yeah, yes, what he said, and longer longer what he said.
Speaker 4: I run a sixty inch whip in mine. I had to do a little bit of light machining at the top.
Speaker 1: I didn't know there was a drop in whip for this, So this is exciting for me.
Speaker 11: So anyway, you might have to hog it out a little bit with a drill bit though.
Speaker 1: But I can't drive. I h you just can't.
Speaker 2: You know, there's this thing called the Internet. It's it's actually how we're communicating right now. It's the Internet. And there's these things called websites, and they sell Josh fake dud.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna mute myself, Jason. I'm happy to be here at continue with your stream.
Speaker 2: Okay, all right, I'm happy you're here too. And your slurred speech happened before you got here. I'm just gonna say that, I wait, not my fault this time. So I bought I bought a Baja lighting system for my I bought a forty inch led Baja light for my my roof rack. I've been looking at those for months and they put they put the whole website on twenty percent off or twenty five percent off today. So I bought that today. That's I think that's the only thing I've actually bought for Black Friday. So I bought this. Oh did you get? Oh that's the eighty five white model.
Speaker 11: Okay, eighty five, And I'm gonna give it away tomorrow, are you after? Alf I will ship it after I finished the video review for you, right, yeah, now, I am told I am told that this this ass signal processing is amazing. Like the quality of what they're doing with this signal processing is better than the FtM five hundred, better than a lot of the more recently.
Speaker 8: This is like next level for audio processing.
Speaker 11: So I will give this away on the live stream tomorrow after I do you know, I'll ship it after I do the video review. And then I also bought a I bought a Power Genius. Did you really did that too? Did you get a new one or a use? I bought the one on Black Friday. It's like seven hundred dollars off, so I.
Speaker 2: Bought yeah, yeah, huh, well, good luck to you. That's what I'm saying. It's gonna be. Yeah yeah.
Speaker 1: Did you fact check that seven hundred dollars off on the.
Speaker 2: I think it's it's it's it's actually one thousand dollars off on their website right now, A thousand for the Power Genius.
Speaker 11: Well, I say, I spaved. That's what we call do. It's we're spending to save. That's what we did here.
Speaker 2: That's right.
Speaker 7: I gotta fight to catch in the morning, so I'll catch.
Speaker 2: You all later, all right, Pat, thanks for joining man, appreciate yeah, I've got the I've got the legal limit as expert amplifier. Oh yeah, in the that's in the bagging and carry around. So I've gotta I've got to do some stuff with that. But I gotta set up the freaking hex beam because I don't have an intended that will handle it besides that one as far as portable work goes. Anyway, I figured, you know, we're we gotta we got a Christmas light. Yeah up here, Oh you should tell me put that power Genius on the Christmas lights. I'm gonna put it.
Speaker 11: I'm gonna put a tuner between it so I don't kill the kill the amp or anything.
Speaker 2: But uh huh, yeah, I gotta.
Speaker 11: I got this this eight eleven. H It's been fine. It's I'm on my seventh year of doing the Christmas light antenna string.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I've been doing there for a while and so I am.
Speaker 11: This amp is kind of on its last legs anyway, so I figured let's do the do the thing.
Speaker 8: So here we go.
Speaker 2: Hmm, Well, there you go. That Power Genius is a badass samp. It's just it's it's freaking awesome.
Speaker 1: That's real sweet of you, Josh to to do that for the rest of us Hams.
Speaker 2: You're welcome.
Speaker 11: Now you have the order of having a working in contact with me, right is that right now?
Speaker 1: We have that. We got that years ago. It's just that you're willing to sacrifice the amp now.
Speaker 2: For it's so magnanimous of me to do this. I know, I know you should totally do it. Giveaway with that amp. There you go there eight eleven age. Oh, you know what, that's not a bad idea. I put some put some new tubes in it and give it away.
Speaker 11: Man, No, it's not the tubes. There's something else going on because I swapped the tubes out. It's it's got other problems. So we'd have I'd have to have somebody. There's a guy in Anaheim. I think that'll do a tune up on him. Yeah, so I may. I may drop it off with him. And And that's a really good idea, except goddamn shipping an amp.
Speaker 8: That's not a fun idea. That brought a fun idea.
Speaker 2: Well, Well, if you, if you, if you, if you do a give what I've done this before, if you do a giveaway of something that's really heavy like that, just say hey, I'm going to give this to you, but you might have to pay for shipping, depend on where you are, you know, if you want to meet me and so col Hey, come out here, I'll give it to you. Here you go, good, good luck. There's a lot of hams in California. So yeah, that's really good point. Yeah.
Speaker 11: Yeah, like if you're if you're international, you're going to have to help me out with the shipping because I oh, totally.
Speaker 1: I just shipped a one hundred amp hour battery Mini to California and it costs sixty dollars.
Speaker 9: Wrap.
Speaker 8: How heavy was it?
Speaker 9: Uh?
Speaker 1: How much is it?
Speaker 9: What is.
Speaker 2: About the many? The Mini's not dim if in California.
Speaker 1: It costs me It cost me sixty two dollars to ship.
Speaker 11: Well, I think my amp is weighs less than that, so at least okay, now I got a frame of reference. But yeah, no, it's not cheap out there to ship stuff.
Speaker 10: Hey, did Mike here the news about the PoTA thirty three sold out? Yeah?
Speaker 2: They sold out of those all right, that's hold, we sold them. We sold them out of those tonight, did you guys?
Speaker 1: Really? That's great? Yeah, great, thank you.
Speaker 2: They only had a few left, he said, they only had a few left. But yeah, we sold him out of it.
Speaker 1: I'm sorry I came here late, but it's my birthday.
Speaker 2: And obviously you were doing other things because you have. Yes, I drunk. You haven't been sleeping. I can tell you that right now, like we didn't.
Speaker 11: We couldn't tell dude, you could You're you're passing, bro, you're passing.
Speaker 2: You've got You've got probably eighteen hours too. You have to get back onto a live stream during all night with Josh and do it all over again, treat that much again.
Speaker 1: So it's kind of like I'm like, I need to I need to drop and like, you know, but whatever, Yeah.
Speaker 2: I got to record.
Speaker 11: I got to record a uh podcast after this, so then I gotta go to the sea and then we gotta do the live stream. And I already have like at least eight hours of content at this point.
Speaker 2: So well, I recorded several videos this week, all of which well not all of which, but most of which have been premiered already. But uh, it is that time of the year. Every now and then you get the Yahoo that comes by your comment section. It says, well, it's just a hamor radio channel. It's just a Ham Radio channel or are you just selling it? Are you just selling stuff? I'm like, yes, it's both, it can be. I'm like, you know, I'm like, I love the guys who complain about the bow Fang videos. When I put up a bow Fang video and in the first twenty four hours it gets twelve thousand views, and then some Yahoo comes in there and says, how come, what are you doing Bellfang, bellfan suck? Were doing because all of you guys watch it. That's why I put it my first seven on five video and like thirty two hundred people watched it. Put up a val Fang video and twelve thousand people watch it? What do you think I'm gonna do?
Speaker 9: Yeah?
Speaker 8: It's crazy.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Yeah.
Speaker 4: There's a good question in the chat is that somebody please suggest a good handheld radio compliment the ya su f tt X ten.
Speaker 2: A handheld that compliments to the d X ten.
Speaker 9: Yeah.
Speaker 4: I'm kind of struggling with that too. I'm like, well, you know, there's there's the there's the f T five, Mike's favorite radio. I mean, right, f T seventy. If if they're on a budget, what do.
Speaker 1: You mean by compliment?
Speaker 2: I don't understand. Yeah that I don't understand what that means.
Speaker 9: The biggest thing. Yeah, that's the biggest thing.
Speaker 5: I mean, it's yay, Sue, So why not stay in the in.
Speaker 9: The company, in the brand.
Speaker 5: So yeah, it's top h H handheld. So he got like the top radio or one of the top radios.
Speaker 9: Get the top h.
Speaker 2: T Jody says, compliments as in matches the color. Yeah there's one a black HTSH. That's cool. Yeah, yeah, uh yeah.
Speaker 10: There are several Black Friday deals on Jesu handhelds, so there's a variety of them, and depending on whether you want digital or not, it really comes down to the features.
Speaker 2: Yeah, right, yeah, pick the digital mode you want. The FT five D from yaz is great, the ID fifty or I'D fifty two from i comm is great for d star, and then the best DMRHT out there right now still in my opinions, that any Ton eight seven eight. So they just come out with that newer one that's the D one six eight and it's good, nothing wrong with it, got a few of us features. It's like almost half the price of the eight seven eight, So if you're on a budget, that might be a choice for you, but uh, but it's hard to beat that, uh, that ID fifty or fifty two, the FT five or the or the D seven. The only bad thing about the D seventy five is it has really crappy battery life. Other than that, it's a fantastic rate you really really good radio people complain about.
Speaker 10: Jim go ahead, I was gonna say, I think the D seventy five has got a pretty good uh sale on it to this this week.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, yeah, there was some sales on that this week as well.
Speaker 4: I'm gonna I'm gonna find out I Black Friday to D seventy five, So we'll we'll see. I'll compare it against my D seventy four. People had to complain about D seventy four that the battery life stunk.
Speaker 2: Yeah, bay, same battery similar, right, I have.
Speaker 4: I have never had that issue. Really, man, people complain that the f T seventies battery life stinks. I have never had that issue. So I swear it's just the way that they're continued.
Speaker 2: I was going to say, turn on a PRS off. Oh yeah, turn on a PRS.
Speaker 1: Well, but a.
Speaker 4: Pr S isn't useful. According to mister mister Mike mister birthday.
Speaker 2: Exactly why you should use it exactly.
Speaker 4: No, I don't, I don't.
Speaker 11: Yeah, so yeah, of course, if you turn off all the features that you might want to use, you don't have to use APRS all. You can just turn it off and then yeah, you'll say, have a ton GPS off is always a good thing to turn off.
Speaker 2: As well, if you're not actually needing that, which you don't. The reason the reason that you buy that radio is because it has all those features. But if you turn off all those features, then the battery lasts a long time, you know that kind of kind of thing. So, yeah, the FT five has I won't say it's better APRS. If you're wanting to send APRS messages, the D seventy five is probably better. Oh yeah, but but the smart begonning on the on the Yazoo, it works really well. Sure, and the battery life on the Yazoo's much much better than the Ken would so agreed.
Speaker 11: Kinds of what you're doing, I mean, aesthetically like that that look of the ftd X ten I feel like is aesthetically just talking aesthetics is like the FT seventy that's like peak that the look, I fifty seventy or seventy ten?
Speaker 2: Well, so what was the hand held?
Speaker 8: The HF radio? Yeah, because he wanted an accompany to the FT X ten.
Speaker 4: And accompanying FT radio.
Speaker 11: Yeah, the FT seventy with electric notch on. It looks feels like but the screen's wrong. The screen's wrong.
Speaker 4: Well, the volume control is wrong to press a button and then turn it off. No, nobody's got time for two.
Speaker 8: I know what it is.
Speaker 11: It's the FT three d R, not the FT five. The FT three d R looks like the FT ftd x ten.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: I agree with that.
Speaker 2: They came out there it is. He's got it, he's told it right now. Yeah, I still have my FT three. I didn't get rong. I love that radio. It's a great radio.
Speaker 10: That in the four hundred for life.
Speaker 2: M hm, yep, I agree, but that's uh yeah, I D fifty two for the live. Oh, Ryan's in the chat KF eight, I V what's up, buddy? Good see you. Leya is in the chat. But I don't think it's your Lea, Josh. It's just my god, was she here?
Speaker 8: Was she here for u?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 10: That's he's in.
Speaker 2: Trouble, Leah I don't think it's the spelling of my wife's name.
Speaker 11: That is she here when we were talking about the Black Fridays.
Speaker 2: Oh no, I don't know. I was not My alerts were not on.
Speaker 11: So Hi the credit card statements, you know, what she's asking is definitely not something my wife would ask.
Speaker 2: Okay, all right, that's a different layers.
Speaker 10: So Josh, I'm thinking, uh, maybe some adjacent to you guys, maybe like offer a service where people could have you call your their spouses and break the news to them on ham radio purchases they might have gotten on Black Friday.
Speaker 2: Like like a crisis negotiator. What are we talking?
Speaker 10: Maybe you know they would they would, they would, they would reach out to you on discord and then you know, Josh could call the spouse and you know, and and just just break the news to him and it's you know you Apparently I've got a lot of a good practice at this and.
Speaker 6: Yeah, signed me up for that call center.
Speaker 2: There you go down.
Speaker 11: Yeah, I think you got to go find like a swat team where they got their hostage negotiators not being fully utilized and like, hey, you're looking for to pick up a little a couple of hours we have you work, uh, work the negotiations with the wife when she finds out that you're their husband's paid way too much.
Speaker 2: For their radio equipment. All right, here's uh, here's a here's an excellent, excellent discussion. Jake in the chat says FT three d R greater than symbol FT five d R Go no, who says yes? Who says no? Arguments either or.
Speaker 8: Go I I f T five is better than the FT three.
Speaker 2: Agreed, totally agreed. Yeah, because when they designed the FT five, they took into the account that and and John said this on a livest in a while back, like the the PTT button stuck out too far from the side on the FT three, so when you'd grab it on your belt, you would key it up accidentally. And and the touch screen when you would touch it, it would go into the menu. So you have to long touch the FT five. So they changed esthetic things like that on it that people complain about. They're like, oh, yeah, people are complaining about this. This makes sense, Let's change this, let's update it. So I agree. I still have my FT three, love my FT three, but the FT five is a better radio. I agree with that.
Speaker 11: Now, isn't it also more water resistant. There was more physical differences too, I thought than that, but.
Speaker 2: I don't remember that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, IPX rating.
Speaker 2: Oddly enough, though, there is one thing that they did on the FT five they don't have on the FT three, and that's that scanning feature bugginess.
Speaker 8: No, it's not a bug.
Speaker 2: They intended it this way the PMG.
Speaker 1: No.
Speaker 11: So if you if you go into scanning like you're doing frequency scanning, yeah, on the FT three, it will actually show the frequencies being scanned. On the FT five, it it didn't do that. They had to push a firmware upgrade that only happened a couple of months ago, and that only works for the frequency scan. It doesn't work for the memory channel scan.
Speaker 2: Oh.
Speaker 11: So if you are in memory mode and you hit scan on the FT five, it just says mem scan on the screen while it's doing it in the background. The FT three will actually show you the channel.
Speaker 2: Show you the channels, yeah, which I think that's what people want. That they want that. That was an.
Speaker 1: Early thing that people were complaining about with the FT five though, is that it didn't change the Yeah you didn't see the Yeah.
Speaker 11: They updated it. It works now with the frequencies. That happened just recently. The firmware update. The memscan though is not done.
Speaker 2: My my FtM six thousand that I have does that as well. If I put in five channels to the PMG, it'll hold up to five channels, so I put in six top five to two. I put in my all Star node, and depending where I'm at, I might put in a local simplex or repeater. Frequencies are a couple, and I'll hit program scan PMG scan and it just flashes PMG scan on the screen instead of like telling you what frequencies and what channels it's scanning. So yeah, I would much rather see the actual channel names or frequency numbers on the scan than that. So that's a that's a recent update, a firm update to the FT five, is what you said.
Speaker 11: Yeah, I made a video on it a couple of months ago.
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, okay, I haven't updated my FT five firmware in a while, So maybe that's a that's a thing. All right, here's a here's.
Speaker 11: A mad person who's upset that just because they ask a question, we don't stop immediately to answer it.
Speaker 2: I'm not seeing that. Where is it?
Speaker 8: Mister B D have his question answered immediately.
Speaker 1: So it doesn't work to ask a question.
Speaker 8: It just it just doesn't. I guess it just doesn't work.
Speaker 2: It just doesn't, mister b D. Who I guess.
Speaker 1: What is your question?
Speaker 8: I don't know, but I'm enough to go back.
Speaker 2: No, I'm not all any Are you there all.
Speaker 8: Answer the comments?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 9: Here we go?
Speaker 2: He's oh there is? Yeah? Are you all? Are you all answered the comments? Yeah, there's a lot of comments coming through, buddy. Yeah, it's a bigti. I'm happy. I am happy to answer your question. But you gotta be persistent. I can't. You know, there's three hundred and fifty people watching. I can't. I can't. So you answer everything he asked.
Speaker 11: He did ask the question, I'm looking for an upgrade radio for my bowfang, something to mount in my car, but he left off the most fundamental and important thing you must do, this question hang on.
Speaker 1: But I didn't want to. I didn't want to say that.
Speaker 2: That's the answer. That's the question. Sorry, Mike, we all.
Speaker 1: Know it is. But I could just say easily, because I've been in his situation. I think we all have we get our technician license, we get a bow fang, and we're like, I got, dude, I'm a tech. I got I got repeaters, I can hear. I got my radio. But now I want to drive, man. So what I did. I got a just some little diamond magnet mount. It was like a little nineteen inch antenna, and I ran the co axe in through the door and I slammed the door on the co axe and then I plugged that coax into my Bowfang radio. Of course you do, and sure, sure is cancer. I'm talking to a guy on the repeater on my Boofang radio and he said, what radio are you using. I'm like, dude, I'm on. I'm like, I'm on a UV five R and I'm like a brand new tech. He's like, you stand. You sound like you're standing right next to me. You're five to nine full quieting, all the all the good audio reports that you could get just a little nineteen inch mag mount on your car, so throwing pottery. The movie goes, don't use your radio inside your car, because you are Your car is kind of a Feritay cage and it blocks the signals. So if you can take the cheap, crappy antenna that I just did and put it on the top of your car. Just getting the antenna outside is.
Speaker 2: Yes, this is the way. Totally totally agree with that. Yeah, get an external antenna much better.
Speaker 6: This is the way.
Speaker 2: Budget is one who tough to.
Speaker 1: You're gonna buy You can buy fifteen of those antennas.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 11: The uh there's a couple of like twenty watt thirty wat something VHF UHF mobiles that are on Amazon right now, probably for Black Friday. You might be able to score one for one under one fifty and that'll leave you enough money for Mike's Madmount solution.
Speaker 2: Yeah, qit or it's not for.
Speaker 1: Let's not forget about the question at hand. What can I do with what I have now? So the answer isn't. We all want to say, just get a better radio, but the answer one one hundred percent of the time is get a better antenna. The time is getting better antenna.
Speaker 2: And make sure that antenna's if you're talking mobile, make sure that antennas on top of your car. A lot of people don't like to do that. They want to put it on their trunk or on their hood or on their door or something. Okay, cool, but you're gonna get better performance if it's as high on your car as you can put it. It's just a fact.
Speaker 1: Yes, you're not wrong. You will you you will one get better performance just by your antenna not being inside the car though. Jason is correct. Yeah, I mean there are optimal places that you can put an antenna. Don't get fussed up in that. Get your antenna outside the car with your bowfang, mh. Just get your antenna outside the car.
Speaker 2: I saw a guy on Reddit the other day. They were arguing about something. I don't remember what it was, no way, and then yeah, yeah, it's kind of amazing, right, and then he said and then he said something about he's like. One of the last comments was, well, Bellfang has saved this hobby from extinction for the last several years. And I'm like, are you literally on crack? I mean, like seriously, what what I mean? Like, if you're a troll, good job, if you're serious, Like what rock have you been living under? My god? It has hell? Yes, But they were saying that nothing else matter. Balfang was hit. Fang has saved the hobby. The hobby would be dead without balf.
Speaker 10: I make that statement on a regular basis. But what I say is that they they don't necessarily save the hobby, but they have gotten a lot of people. They have reduced that price point to get people in the door. And once you're in, then it's a whole different story. But to Mike's point, you know, until you're ready to take that next step, because the handheld in your car will not work very well. It's that's just the reality. So you either, uh, we'll stick with that, you'll get out of it. But but to make that initial step to say I'm gonna spend one hundred and fifty dollars or two hundred dollars versus twenty dollars, I mean, that's a that's a big difference now today. Ten years ago, there weren't as many radios, so Balfang was pretty much yet on the well.
Speaker 2: Actually, actually walk Sun was in the USA before Balfang was. And the reason I know this is because I got out of Okay. So when I got my first hand radio license in nineteen ninety four, thet I was in college, I had no money. The cheapest and I mean the absolute cheapest ht radio I could get was a HTx two O two from Radio Shack. It was one hundred and eighty nine dollars. It was the size of a friggin' brick. It held sixteen memory channels, it did five watts, and it was one forty four to one forty eight and that is it. Great radio. Still have mine, Okay, great radio. But it was one hundred and eighty nine dollars. So when I when I got back into Ham Radio RS, it did not. So when I got back into Ham Radio in like twenty twelve or twenty thirteen, I kind of got out of it for a while and back in and back out, back in. So I got back into about twenty twelve twenty thirteen is somewhere in there, and I've been into it ever since then. Obviously, I went to hamcom uh in Texas. Here was in Plano at the time, and that's the first time I ever met Richard at Main Trading Company. I went up. It was like Main Trading Company, they sell I cam yez you everybody. And I went up and I found a wals On kg UVD one P which I still have that radio too. It was a dual band one hundred and twenty eight channel radio for ninety nine dollars. I couldn't get my wallet out of my pocket fast enough. I'm like, what ninety nine dollars for one hundred and twenty eight channels and it's duel band? What the hell that is freaking Because Radio Shack came out with an HGX for twenty I think it was I don't know the guy who created that model number. I don't know what he was doing in the back room, but HCHS twenty yeahs.
Speaker 4: He used to work for IBM IBMO. He famously had a twelve inch monitor called the eighty five to thirteen had a thirteen inch monitor. I shit, you not called the.
Speaker 2: Twelve There you go, okay. So AHCX four twenty was a dual band radio for Radio Shock and it was like four hundred dollars. It's like three eighty nine or something like that, three sixty nine, I don't remember somewhere in there. So when I saw that walks on UVD one P for ninety nine bucks, I'm like, holy crap. And that's what got me back into hammer. And that was long before I ever heard of Balphane twenty twenty thirteen I think twenty thirteen, I think, And it was I didn't hear about Balfan I didn't hear the name Balfang for two years after that. Walks On was in the USA long before that, but they were one hundred dollars. Then Balfang comes in with twenty five dollars rail other twenty five dollars radio. Fine, it's a twenty five dollars radio. If you understand it's a twenty five dollars radio, and you treat it like a twenty five dollars radio.
Speaker 1: Great.
Speaker 2: I think it's great that people can get into ham radio with one hundred and twenty eight channel dual band radio for twenty five bucks. It's awesomeson, yes, but I have really ever.
Speaker 1: I have never filled up one hundred and twenty eight channels of my UV five R.
Speaker 8: Oh I can blow through?
Speaker 2: Oh of course you can't, la la boy. Yeah, well no, no, no. The point is that, well, UV five R number one, if you have one of the original ones, it'll do murrors and ap and frs.
Speaker 9: Yeah.
Speaker 1: No, I'm I've never like when I when I first got licensed in twenty sixteen. I'm like, I got the UV five R. It's got one hundred and twenty eight channels. I still almost well shoot ten years into the hobby. Eight years into the hobby. Now I still don't have where I live now, one hundred and twenty eight channels to fill up a UV five R.
Speaker 2: No, but you put it. You put in channels for places you travel to.
Speaker 1: That's why I have an icon mighty fifty.
Speaker 2: There you go, that's a well that didn't exist in twenty sixteen, did it?
Speaker 9: No?
Speaker 1: I didn't. But in twenty sixteen I had a UV five R. It still exists today that I bought for twenty five dollars then and now it's seventeen dollars now. So whatever the point, I don't even know what the point is.
Speaker 2: But I don't know what your point is either.
Speaker 1: My point is where wherever I've lived, Remember, there's there's not one hundred and twenty eight or one hundred.
Speaker 2: And ninety, No, there's not. There's not like even with.
Speaker 1: The shoddy memory, low memory that a UV five R has, Like, where are you that you have one hundred and ninety eight channels that you're going to put in as a memory unless you're unless you're La boy, Well, you're.
Speaker 4: Start working the birds and you'll need all the satellite memories. Right, your memory your.
Speaker 2: Thinking about just Ham radio channels.
Speaker 1: So well, no, no, because I had all I had all my repeaters, I had all the GMRS channels, I had all the FRS channels, which are separate. But there's the same, the same. No, it's I might have fifty memories and that's being generous. Like if you just want to get it a Ham radio, get a UV five R plugah, plug the things in the repeaters.
Speaker 2: But the walks on is a better radio.
Speaker 1: Oh I'm not. I'm not arguing that.
Speaker 8: I don't think anybody's disagree with you.
Speaker 1: Oh no, no, no, I'm coming from a solely like memory number standpoint one hundred and ninety eight memories or the U.
Speaker 2: Five R is yeah, it's eight. But no, no, you're right, you're right, you're right most of the time, you're right.
Speaker 10: But the must have it was was basically the barrier of entry, right, get them in the door. They don't feel bad if they not to stay in. It agrees, it's a small investment versus a large investment. Like you said you couldn't get your wallet out fast enough when it was one hundred bucks. Right, yeah, so I agree with it on that statement, but it no, it's you. You're going to quickly if if you really dive into this hobby, you will become dissatisfied with it at some point and you'll want a different radio, or you could have Apparently this new thing I've heard of it's called mark multiple radio disorder or something like that.
Speaker 2: Yes, I've heard of that. Yeah, I just heard that term the other day. Multiple radio disorder. It's a sickness. Actually, never heard of it.
Speaker 1: Never heard of it.
Speaker 2: There's there's a medication for it called wife. That's what the medication is called. That's why I am not heard of it. Yeah, that's why you've not heard of it, Mike. I mean, yeah, you're immune.
Speaker 1: So all right, if any of you guys want to come over and see what it's like, you're well.
Speaker 2: Epic Batteries is back of the chat, buddy, thanks for joining us tonight. They want to give away what do they want to give away? They want to give away a battery tonight. Uh, give away a twelve three hundred empower battery.
Speaker 1: Epic bound.
Speaker 2: That's an epic amount of ampower. Yes, yes, ep ep EO c MIC. I got connected with him a couple of months ago. There are the new battery that's going in the back of my truck and my my big system in the back.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, yeah, yeah, Okay, what are they going to supply you for charge? Well, you got the charger, what do you got a forty AM charger connected to that when you're at home?
Speaker 2: Uh? Well no, no, I've got a d C to d C charger from uh from red Arc in the truck. So when I start the truck, the chargers my second battery.
Speaker 1: But didn't you when like when you back up to your.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I've got I've got that that forty charger that I think red Otto sent me. But it's like the same charger that everybody else has.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, Okay, So I've not heard of this battery company.
Speaker 2: So I hadn't heard of it. I haven't heard of him before a couple of months ago either, but they E P E O C I'm sorry E P E E P O C H Batteries dot com. Fuck okay, it's time. Yeah, it's it's it's spelled epoch, but it's pronounced epic, I believe. So, yeah, you guys go out there and check that out because some kick ass batteries, Like I'm really impressed with the one they sent me. I've got a four hundred and sixty em power and it is going to run my truck for like a week and a half. I did, That's insane. No, they do up to forty. They have some forty eight volt stuff. They have twenty four and forty eight volt stuff as well.
Speaker 10: Because I'm still looking, I'm working on figuring out power situation.
Speaker 2: For the bill. I would love to get like a like a forty eight volt power wall in my house, especially once we moved to Galveston, because apparently Galveston gets forgotten about when there's power outages because they just turn off the Galveston power and just like, oh, everybody else gets power. That's what happened when in the snow.
Speaker 1: Moved to Galveston. Or how's that going to work?
Speaker 2: When we as in? My wife and I remember I said that thing about wife a minute ago. I have to take her with me.
Speaker 1: I didn't I didn't hear that part. Sorry, Sorry, Emily, I don't.
Speaker 2: Think it was a thing. Yeah, but that's the part.
Speaker 10: That wall behind me is going to be dedicated to power and radio gear right there. Net rack.
Speaker 2: That that's that's the that's awesome.
Speaker 10: That's that's the future of the of the shack here.
Speaker 2: That's great. So all right, so this is uh, where is my screen here?
Speaker 4: It's right where you left it there, It is right there.
Speaker 2: Okay, So this one right here Epic Batteries dot Com Black Friday Sale fifteen percent off of all products plus free shipping coupon code of BF twenty twenty four. And yeah, they have twelve volt twenty four volt. Will Prows has done videos on them, so take that for what it's worth. But twelve vote, twelve volt, twenty four volt, forty eight volt, thirty six volt, all of the things. This is the one I have right here. They got all the volts, all the volts. Yeah, and it interfaces with a Victor. It has a Victron commsystem in it, and it's freaking rad. So yeah, awesome, awesome battery there.
Speaker 6: I might need to upgrade the boat batteries now.
Speaker 2: Yep, yep, all right, Uh, William, I see your three hundred an hour in the chat. How do you want me to pick somebody? You want to pick somebody? How do you want me to do this?
Speaker 7: Bud?
Speaker 2: Uh? You who roue proud of your boy? That's a hell of a name right there. That's the super Chat for a dollar ninety nine. So here's here's a pickle whiskey for you, sir, because that is that's that's what the super Chat gets, is a pickle whiskey.
Speaker 1: I'll take that with you.
Speaker 2: It's actually not bad. It's not it's not that bad. It's something different. Yeah, it's it's better than the pickle beer. I can tell you that right now.
Speaker 8: It's better than the pickle beer.
Speaker 1: The same pickle whiskey that Frank gave me.
Speaker 2: Yes, Frank, Frank dropped this off in my house. He dropped this off in my house yesterday.
Speaker 1: That's still the bottle.
Speaker 2: It's still the bottle. Yeah, yeah, yeah, it's not. Yeah, he hadn't drake hardly any.
Speaker 1: Of it is the most file.
Speaker 2: Really you've had it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, a year ago out of that same bottle, Josh.
Speaker 11: I, he said he sent one to He sent one to me. Yeah, he told me he sent you next months or more ago. I think my wife and I probably killed three quarters of it during a podcast recording.
Speaker 2: It's good. It's not bad at all. Oh my gosh. I know it is not good, but it's not bad. You're right about that part.
Speaker 1: Good.
Speaker 2: But it's not bad, but it's not bad. Yeah, yeah, I don't know. I don't know.
Speaker 1: We're all friends, I really don't.
Speaker 4: That is just such an underwhelming endorsement. It's not bad.
Speaker 2: We some of us have a refract. I don't mind. I don't mind iPhone. I don't mind iPhone users, Mike, I.
Speaker 1: I enos. You don't have to go there.
Speaker 2: This is I just did you just you just.
Speaker 1: A you're just drinking pickle whiskey.
Speaker 2: Don't whatever whatever you have drank, whatever you have drank so far are before before this minute, it has obviously worked better. Not pick whiskey.
Speaker 1: It was not windows and doors technology. It's just alcohol. But you're.
Speaker 2: Well, you said, friends.
Speaker 1: I know what that tastes like. And I'm just gonna hit mute.
Speaker 2: And everyone cheers in the chat that Mike has muted himself.
Speaker 11: The closest analogy I gave is, like, you know how you get like flavored coffee or people who dump like a bunch of flavor stuff in their coffee, It's because the coffee isn't that good to begin with. So I assume that when you have a flavored anything, it's because it's not a good baseline quality of the original thing, because if it was good enough to be it's the thing you'd serve it on its own. So it's already like a lower quality, but it still tastes fine if you assume that, if you if you keep that in your mind, it's it's fine.
Speaker 8: Look at Mike.
Speaker 1: It's like if you take kerosene and then put pickles in it, and then you decide did it tastes good and you want to drink it.
Speaker 4: I'd like to know exactly how Mike knows what kerosene tastes like.
Speaker 2: No, you don't, you don't.
Speaker 1: Everybody. Everybody has smelled kerosene that.
Speaker 2: It's smelling it and tasting Here's a few different things, but nah, smell is the most important.
Speaker 1: They never forget about that. You guys are dumb. Smell taste kerosene.
Speaker 2: Here's to you. Hmm all right. So uh epoc He says it's like Tupac but with an E. So Epoch batteries, Oh they are.
Speaker 8: They're not saying epic. It's like Epoch.
Speaker 4: No.
Speaker 2: No. So I watched two or three when I when I first got that battery, I watched two or three YouTube videos and they were all pronouncing it epic, and I said epoch.
Speaker 11: But so in the in the satellite world, when we sink time with satellites and do other things like that, it's epic time. We call it epic, right, like yeah, time saying I've heard so they call it cool?
Speaker 8: Like do you you do you?
Speaker 7: Okay?
Speaker 2: Yeah, exactly yeah.
Speaker 8: I'm all right verging in my engineering world here.
Speaker 2: It doesn't need to go there. It's all right, all right, he says, think of a number between one and three hundred and let them post until you see it on the screen. I think that is an awesome idea.
Speaker 9: That's fair.
Speaker 2: Sixty nine So sixty sixty nine twenty isn't there? Do we have it? So sixty nine, that's not between one and three hundred.
Speaker 8: Oh damn, I fail.
Speaker 4: So it is a track sixty nine from four twenty.
Speaker 2: So let me think of a number. Never mind, I know what, okay, Okay, I have a number. I have a number in my head. What I'm going to do to keep everybody honest, I'm going to post this number in the zoom chat so that everybody on zoom can see the number. Okay, I'm gonna post it in the zoom chat right now. We super chatsh hold on, guys, hold on, I'm not even looking the chat. Don't be posting your number yet. Oh my god, ancient whole chats exploded. Okay, all right, starting starting right now. I just posted my number in the zoom chat so everybody can keep me honest. So starting right now. Uh, okay, So I'm gonna start right here. So you see Interstellar starman says Mike is rocking it hard tonight. I bet he's packing too. Everything after that, everything after that, Okay, I'm looking. I'm looking for the number. Everything after that? Do you want to post it in the internal chat? And I did? I did. It's in zoom. It's in zoom.
Speaker 8: Okay, I got it.
Speaker 1: I'm trying to Holy smoke.
Speaker 4: Wow.
Speaker 11: If you don't use that night bot, do you have you got night bot?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 8: You should look up night bot.
Speaker 2: Is that does that work on obs? Yeah?
Speaker 11: It's a website based thing. It links to your stream and then you can type in a number or any and.
Speaker 2: I've seen the one that stream yard, but uh which one?
Speaker 3: Tracy Tracy Kennedy K, I five UX guess your number?
Speaker 9: Wait?
Speaker 6: Scroll it?
Speaker 2: Yes, I see him right, Tracy Kennedy K I five U x N is the winner. Yeah, right there, there we go. One forty seven was my number. There you go, all right, Tracy, email me Email me k C five HWB at gmail dot com. Please email me your contact info and I will send it over to the guys at Epoch Batteries. Okay, you guys can stop typing numbers in the chat right now, it's done. There's a thirty second delay. I get that. That's cool. Did the chat crash the chad crash? Maybe? I don't know. Yeah, what's it called? Josh? What the plug night But okay, I'm gonna have to do because that stream yard has a plug in that works really well, but it doesn't work in obs or zoom. Uh no.
Speaker 11: Well, so it's it's its own separate thing. So night Bot links to the stream and you say, okay, I'm gonna do a giveaway, and then you tell night Bot I'm I everybody that posts this word can get added, and then it'll be the list.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and it'll pick one.
Speaker 11: That's how stream yard works too. Yeah, okay, yeah, so it's it's it's on its own. But then you can do the opposite, which is what you got here where you had one forty seven and you want to know who typed.
Speaker 2: One type that? Okay, yeah, okay, okay, all right, so yeah, Tracy is the Tracy is the winner. Tracy. Email me k C five HWB at gmail dot com and I will put you in contact with Epoch Batteries. William. Thank you for that. Thank you for that support, buddy, Thank you that you guys. Get go check out the whims. Yeah, you guys, go check out that website. I'm putting the link in the chat right now. Go give them some love. Check out their fifteen percent off Black Friday sale, and you will be seeing several videos about that entire vehicle setup in my truck, both on this channel. I'm going to do my hand radio stuff on this show, but I'm going to do the overlanding stuff on the other channel too, So you're gonna see three or four videos across two channels. I'm looking at their side now. It's good. Good stuff looks good. Absolutely yeah, so cool. Thank you, Thank you for ye by the way, Oh thanks, yeah.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah. So there's a guy on YouTube called marine X. He's actually here in North Texas. He lives in the Plano area, I think, and he does a lot of EDC stuff. You guys, go check him out, and I get a lot of my inspiration and for the I started the pac Man channel before I found him, but now that I've been watching him, I get a lot of my inspiration from him, a lot of a lot of E d C flashlights, E d C knives and just what's in your pocket today type stuff. So he does he does a really good uh good job. What is that, Mike? It's your birthday? Oh that was that was me.
Speaker 1: That was my text to my birthday.
Speaker 2: I got it. Well, there is he's he's got it.
Speaker 1: I gotta do it.
Speaker 6: I gotta do an e DC pocket dump at some point because.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean it's really kind of it's kind of it's it's kind of amazing how much people are interested in that. I'm like, what do you care about the crap in my pocket? But it's huge, it is, really is. It's huge. The E d C.
Speaker 11: It's larger than ham radio, the population. Oh yeah, videos, it's it's huge. And the little boutique handmade stuff spoke crap that people put out is staggering, staggering.
Speaker 3: Yeah, one more, the little two inch Damascus knife that you carry in.
Speaker 5: Your pocket, yeah, or packing your pouches and how you have it organized and right for this pouches for that.
Speaker 2: You know, it's it's pouches, packs, backpacks and whatnot and carry even for like like I have a pot to pack video that I'm about to really I've done that before, but I've upgraded mine since then. I'm gonna do another one. But it's like it's like it's it's deeper than that. It's more like organization. It's like, Hey, I have all this crap. How do I make it look nice where I can actually find stuff when I need to find it? Oh, you do a packout pack and you do packing cubes inside of the backpack inside of this and do this kind of thing.
Speaker 1: So let me speak to your defense, Jason, because.
Speaker 2: My defense that bag right there, yes.
Speaker 1: Is because of you. I bought that because that's that expedition and we were in Iowa.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, yeah, yes, yeah, yeah, Well you can you can blame uh.
Speaker 1: No, the bedet's in the car, but no, that's that My MX is in there. When Jason and I were in Iowa visiting Power Film. One of the many things we talk about on the thousand mile drive up there. Would you believe his Ham radio?
Speaker 2: What a concept.
Speaker 1: We talked about bags, and he was telling me about this bag, yeah, and that that happened to beyond sale. He I think he did a video like that night and I saw that and I was like, son of a bitch, that I need that. That is a bag.
Speaker 2: Well that can you you can actually I'm going to blame it forward and you can actually blame Jason came for a c K for that because I got that idea from him, oh for sure. And he did a video about that exact bag and his his ed c HT radio and he put some stuff in it. I'm like, that's a great idea. I'm gonna do that, but I'm gonna add to it. I added a bunch of stuff to mind that he didn't have in his.
Speaker 1: But well, the thing is about watching both of your videos is that I see what Jason uses his for. I see what well, let me back up, I see what smart Jason uses his for. I see what you years years, and I see what I use mine for. But it's it's just it's a little stupid bag. And yeah, so thank you.
Speaker 2: Yeah, No, I mean it's you know, it's it's fun to uh, I say, it's fun. It's very convenient and very peace of mind to have all of your stuff in a pack somewhere, like I know where that is because that's in a pack over here. Oh, that's in a pack over here. I've got four packs inside of this larger pack, and you know where everything is. It's it's all about organization. It's all about organization. So yeah, but that's basically that's basically what the what the pack band channel it's about.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I got a couple of super Chats there.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I got you who you whooruh you hooru. Sounds like a Star Trek character, it is. And then I got mister g I got you too. I'll take it. I drank one for each, but I'll take another drink here it is guys. Hmmm, Oh that's good. He's just it's not good.
Speaker 1: He's just kind of only sipping. It was that the pickle?
Speaker 2: That is the pickle? Yeah?
Speaker 1: How much was that super chatworth?
Speaker 2: Dollar ninety nine?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I would only.
Speaker 2: Yeah, It's like TC Fitz gets in there, he's like donates fifty percent and he's like drink Like.
Speaker 1: Seriously, a couple of bucks ain't gonna get me.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah okay yeah Shane good uh good, uh good comment there. So yes, I mentioned this on Frank's live stream last week. Steve Goodgame K five A t A was in the hospital and I asked him about before sharing this on the live stream. I said, is it okay if I He's like, yeah, that's fine. He was in the hospitals for some heart issues. I don't know the that's all he told me. I don't know the further extent than that. And he's like when I when I text him, I'm like, dude, are you doing okay? Because I saw he put something on Instagram. So I texted him and he's like, before you ask, yes, I stopped drinking coffee about five days ago yep. And I'm like, okay, is there anything I can do for you? He goes, yeah, bring me some coffee. So, uh, yeah he is. He is back home now, I'm told and uh, he will be on the live stream on Joss's channel tomorrow night. So uh, but yeah, I don't know what his current status is. Uh, you guys come over to Josh's channel tomorrow night and ask him about it, because he he didn't seem too shy about sharing it with me over text, and when I asked him if I could share it online, He's like, yeah, sure, this fine, go ahead.
Speaker 10: I believe he was referring to the people in the hospital as commies because they wouldn't let him have coffee.
Speaker 2: That's a that's I agree with that, that label I would label. Yeah, yeah, in a way he had never seeds. Oh my god, Josh, Josh, you're uh your audio has gone to crap. It was crackling a minute ago and now it's all crackle and I can't hear you. Oh there's Brandon.
Speaker 4: That's what like a whole glass.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna literally pour you another poor here, go ahead, Josh? Is that better?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 2: I can't hear you at all.
Speaker 4: You're muted.
Speaker 2: You're muted. He's got a bad connection. Get some messy and plony connectors on there, Bud, that's it.
Speaker 4: No, get some new tricks, mane Nope, gotam.
Speaker 2: Josh is first day on YouTube.
Speaker 1: Give him a break.
Speaker 2: Nope, Brandon, this is for you, buddy. Oh my gosh, that's good. Nope, still nothing, Josh, How you tried turning it off and back again? Yeah?
Speaker 4: Have you trying to factory reset, pick it up and shake it. Just catch joke.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, it's just catch. Yeah, that's right.
Speaker 4: Uh.
Speaker 2: Do you guys like that gigabarts thing. Wasn't that freaking cool? That was all their idea, That was all their idea all that. Yeah, yeah, you're good, Josh, Yeah, sounds good too.
Speaker 11: I got there's like a USBC cable problem I have between this. I'll do that before live stream, but uh, very so. I think the comment was on Steve. We're gonna see Steven Risk where he's not caffeinated. I don't know that we've ever seen that before, so it should be interesting.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna I'm gonna have to go to the UPS store tomorrow and like overnight him some coffee stout.
Speaker 8: I don't think he's allowed to have any coffee.
Speaker 2: Oh well, coffee stout beer. I don't Yeah, I don't know. Yeah. Well, I don't want to. I don't want to be a bad influence on him, but I also want to be his friend. So I'm like, if I'm in the hospital and I can't drink beer, I'm like, bring me some beer.
Speaker 1: Well, actually, Jason, if you bring him a coffee stout, it would only be like half coffee and half beer. Right, so that would be.
Speaker 2: It's actually not even half coffee. It's like just a little bit of coffee.
Speaker 1: Hey, go with me here, guy, right, you know, so I'll suggest a coffee that he can drink that isn't coffee.
Speaker 4: And don't laugh at this one. Go to Starbucks and get their instant decaffeinated coffee and you would not know the difference for taste. And yes, I'm a coffee snob.
Speaker 1: I'd rather just go to the gas station a couple of waters.
Speaker 4: Yeah I knew, No sucks.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well, Starbucks coffee is not good in the first place. Number one, It's like.
Speaker 4: I can't the only their only coffee that I will drink is this decaffeinated instant. That's the only one I will coffee.
Speaker 2: Old position to take coffee is garbage.
Speaker 4: Don't knock it till you try it.
Speaker 1: Decaffeinated drink? Did you de caffeinated instant coffee?
Speaker 2: Instant coffee is from garbage, garbage from Canada. From it is No, that's like farther away from Columbia than we are. So like, you guys have no idea what you're talking about.
Speaker 4: I will if I send you some of the stuff. Will you try it?
Speaker 2: Yes, I'll try it. Ok absolutely, Okay.
Speaker 11: When I am on a hike, I will definitely drink instant coffee. Like if you're in the middle of nowhere, you warm with water. Yes, absolutely, throw anything in there and it's drink.
Speaker 1: Can't you that's not as you like?
Speaker 2: You like you like pickle beer, Josh, that that's not that's not a thing.
Speaker 1: Proper. If you brought me a grain of coffee, I would enjoy it slightly more than just regular water. That's what Josh is saying, right, you don't.
Speaker 2: You don't like coffee anyway, Mike doesn't. But whether I instant coffee, instant palette, instant coffee is.
Speaker 1: Making fun of these guys. So, Jason, we're on the same page.
Speaker 2: I know, I got I get you, I got you, I got you. Instant coffee is taking those Starbucks like hiking. I've taken them hiking. They're fine. When the instant one O the Starbucks on little tubes.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's exactly the ones I'm talking about.
Speaker 8: But not not decaf. I haven't done that like that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I bet so okay, so so so full disclosure here, caffeine does not affect me. Like I can drink a cup of caffeinated coffee the eleven o'clock at night, go right to sleep. I'll drink in the morning. Doesn't wake me up. So decaf I don't really care. I'll drink caffeine decaf, I don't care. It does not bother me. But instant coffee sucks. I've never had a good one. So if you think you have a good instant coffee, send it to I'll try it. Sure, Yeah, yeah, I will.
Speaker 3: I will be I would be willing to bet that Tim. Tim would agree me with me and on this. But when I was active duty and marines, right, we got instant coffee at our m R packets and yeah we used to pack that ship like a dip. Right, Oh, instant coffee absolutely awful, But we would pack that like a dip because oh, yeah, you.
Speaker 6: Need the caffeine.
Speaker 2: That's hilarious.
Speaker 6: Oh it's garbage. Instant is garbage.
Speaker 11: This is before the little packs that everybody's running now, that's all enlisted.
Speaker 8: What's a little pack?
Speaker 2: Zen?
Speaker 8: Everybody's doing zen now Zen?
Speaker 2: So yeah, Rob Digital Ranchers in the chat, He's like, I bring a pour over when camping, so here's the thing they make on Amazon. They make these little, itty bitty filters that fit over the top of your coffee mug, and then you just put coffee grounds in the top of that filter and pour hot. That's all you need. Pour Over. Pour over is my new thing. I do the big pour over the craft pour over at home, but that's like the new thing.
Speaker 11: Uh.
Speaker 2: I mean, it's like the only the pour over is great. I love the poor over, But like three years ago at my hunting Lea's, one guy brought out a percolator and he put folders in the percolator and put it over the campfire and let it percolate over the campfire, and then he poured me a cup, and I'm like, that's good. A percolator is much better than like a drip coffee machine. So it's all about how you brew it, is what I've decided. It's either a pour over or French press, or a percolator or just a regular cheap ass coffee make coffee machine. It's all about how you brew it. Good coffee can be great, great coffee can suck. It's yeah, that's my thing, but I will My big thing is the grind I'm a bird grinder, dude, so I would agree with that too.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 8: So I'm a.
Speaker 2: Pourover guy as well.
Speaker 11: I just have a kettle, right, hot enough kettle with a little spout that you can pour over, right, you do.
Speaker 2: I have the same thing. I have the same thing.
Speaker 11: Six is the filter that I use. It's a little bit different, I think than what you use. But the grind is the most important thing. A proper burg grinder. Which that's what makes it tough when you go out hiking, is that you're not you can the grinders do it camp little camp grinder.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I have the manual grinder from my campsite. You can do that.
Speaker 11: You can do that, and some of them are burg grinders and they'll they'll pass through. But a lot of that is the snobbiness actually comes out, I think in the grind and the preparation of the coffee before you even put water to it in a lot of cases.
Speaker 2: Agreed, Yes, totally agree, totally agree, Jay, that one's for you, buddy. Thank you for the super chat.
Speaker 10: So when I was in the Navy, we used to brew coffee in fifty five gallon drums on the ship. So uh, burg grinders were non existent. That's how I learned to bring coffee. Yeah, and don't mess with the coffee. If they ever washed the coffee pot, Oh my god, there were fights on the mess decks.
Speaker 1: Why is that?
Speaker 10: I don't it changes, it's it's.
Speaker 2: It's coffee is coffee is serious business. I mean, it's serious business. It''m likestition. Like like I've I've been following a bunch of prepper channels for the last year or so, and all of them, Mike Glover included all of these guys. They're like, so you want this in your prepper pack? You want this, this, this, and this. Oh yeah, you want coffee also. I'm like, seriously, like I would be like I would be like I'd want whiskey, but I'm like, you guys want coffee.
Speaker 10: It's from from the military standpoint. Coffee is is morale.
Speaker 2: Morale is yes, what absolutely ye? And I'm like, I just I don't disagree with it. I'm just kind of surprised it's so popular.
Speaker 1: So what what I don't get is the the obsession. So there's there's a channel that I watch called Way Top Whiskey Alpha Top, Yes, Top.
Speaker 2: Right, I haven't seen.
Speaker 1: That and he in the very like, you know, five seconds he makes his thesis and then he's like, all right, we're gonna get some coffee and we'll come back to it. And he's got the and he shows the little of the drips, the of the thing, like coffee is an obsession and his show Waytop is freaking awesome. But it pisses me off because he's in fucking good game with sorry, I mean's good game would be right here backing up Waytop, because he's like coffee first, coffee, coffee, and I just don't get it, Like I'm Coca Cola, Like I wake up in the morning, I drink a Coca Cola. That's my coffee, if you will. And I appreciate, I really really do appreciate a good cup of coffee nice, you know, when the MLT is nice and right, you know what I mean, I get it. But to just wake up in the morning, like I don't talk to me unless I've had my coffee, right right, Like that mentality you don't get. I don't get. I'm not saying it's wrong. I'm not I'm not talking down on it. I'm not talking good on it. But Way Top does that okay, and m rdy.
Speaker 2: Okay, So okay, Eric, I don't know why you didn't join earlier, but you know it's all right, man, I'm not going to hold that against you.
Speaker 6: Well I will, yes, absolutely hold it against them.
Speaker 2: Yeah I will. Okay. So and when ju are oh so, not that Eric. Let's going on.
Speaker 10: You can't.
Speaker 2: Screw either of them, not the Eric.
Speaker 10: Okay, you can't have to those Northeast.
Speaker 2: I'm like, well, the Eric that Josh and I are talking about is not all right. So a while ago, I'm gonna put this in the in the chat real quick. A while ago. Okay, how many of you are into overlanding? Raise of hand, how many of you have seen those jeep guys with the ducks in their in their front windows?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, ready, yeah, ready, yeah, okay, good, they're all yes, hold on, hold on, hold on, don't don't open your mouth yet, okay, get ready. Because I had the idea a couple of months ago. I think to say, hey, why don't we do a ham radio thing? And no, no, no, it's not a bell fang, it's not a bowel fang. Hold on a second, I gotta fix.
Speaker 4: My what what's that joke. Oh damn, I left the window rolled down on my my car unlocked, and I got eight bowel fangs left in the back seat.
Speaker 2: Right right, yeah, totally yeah.
Speaker 1: I left the bow fang rolled.
Speaker 2: Down, I left the bal fang rolled up. Then I got back right right totally totally. So here is right there, live freeinham dot com forward slash shop. Here is the country Ham. This is this is this is freaking cool. So here's the Ham piggy that you put on your dashboard. And they come with this little disc on the bottom that says you've been hammed. And by the way, Eric, you're the glue We're off on like four of those you sent me, so you need to use better glue, Bud. But they come with these disks on the bottom. You write your call sign in it, and when you see a Ham radio operator in the wild, you put one of these on your car on their car and say you've been hammed by Casey five hiv B whatever, And then you leave this little piggy with a little wooden disc on the bottom of it. And then we start to put pigs in our dashboards for Ham radio instead of ducks, which are actually very good to shoot and eat ducks or duck is duck is actually a very good delicacy. Oh no, not if you cook it right, man. Duck is awesome. I I bought some duck eggs at my local, uh local farm last week. Duck eggs are awesome.
Speaker 8: They taste like chicken eggs. They're just larger. They're larger.
Speaker 2: They're not yeah, yeah, yeah, they're just larger. So but yeah, So here you go live freeanham dot com fort slash shop. And Eric was gonna come on here tonight and tell me about this crap and he didn't join the zoo. I can.
Speaker 11: I I'm cautious in my answering this, but I think it's I think that's pretty cool.
Speaker 8: I love the idea that the community growing.
Speaker 11: Yes, I think that's the that's that's a fantastic Uh, it's a fantastic thing.
Speaker 2: I like it.
Speaker 4: We're gonna we're gonna encourage people to, as Jody says, commit acts of handalism.
Speaker 8: That's funny.
Speaker 4: Good, Yeah, that's very good.
Speaker 2: It's a good idea. It was my idea, I think, and then he took it and took it to the next level, which is totally cool. I wasn't going to do it, but he's like, hey, I I created some rubber pigs. You can put it on your dashboard. I'm like, sweet, let's do it. Awesome, So it's it's it's uh yeah, Eric.
Speaker 3: Eric brought that up to the Liffey and Ham crew a couple two three weeks ago anyways, and he was like, hey, He's like, this was Jason's idea, but I'm going to run with it.
Speaker 6: What do you guys think? And I was like, that's amazing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, I wasn't gonna do it. I just thought it was a good idea. I'm like, we should start putting pigs on everyone's cars. So here's the thing. Hold on, hold on, hold on, here's the thing. Follow that link that I just put in the chat. Buy yourself five to fifty of those things and bring them to Orlando in February and put them on every car with your call sign. Oh that's hilarious, that's funny.
Speaker 4: Do that?
Speaker 2: Do that?
Speaker 8: Go ahead, Mike, so we all know Frank Frank?
Speaker 2: Do we.
Speaker 9: Know Frank?
Speaker 1: Would you believe? Would you believe?
Speaker 2: We heard? The stories are already, but go ahead, never mind. Then on Frank's Channel none on you're.
Speaker 1: Talking about you're talking about making these little POGs to tag someone's cars. Frank alf alf You were just talking about these little states.
Speaker 2: No, No, you're right the.
Speaker 1: Last segment Frank. Okay, So I swear to God. A week ago today, Frank, Well, Frank drove by my house. He drove to my house. He was at my house.
Speaker 2: I was my wife, tell a story.
Speaker 9: He was in my house.
Speaker 1: Frank Frank put tank stickers all over my car while I was sleeping up on his way back because he was seeing scott Ham radio for non techies who lives south of me. Frank lived north of me. But I'm right on, I have forty five. So Frank just stopped here and then he called here because I got my radio on five to two and I hear KG five h J. I'm like, huh, so I come back.
Speaker 2: I'm like, I swear to Like.
Speaker 1: I'm sitting here in this chair doing something and I hear age Jan. I'm like, Frank, what on five to two? He's like yeah, He's like, I might be in your neighborhood. I can't make this up.
Speaker 4: I know you get how many stories are we talking here?
Speaker 1: Well? I so all right. So he left, there was a bunch of stickers, like six stickers, but he put two cigars on my front windshield, so ah.
Speaker 11: Right, well, and they were like that sounds like a frank thing. That sounds yes, it does, yeah, but what.
Speaker 1: A dick move. He's gonna tag my car and put cigars on it and then leave?
Speaker 2: Did you even did you knock?
Speaker 1: Knock on the door like I'm out.
Speaker 2: And then he's like yeah.
Speaker 1: Then he's like a mile down the road. He was like, k h on five to two and I'm like, wait, somebody's on five to two in Huntsville text.
Speaker 2: Something, right, Yeah, that's an accomplishment right there. Yeah, yeah, and it's frank.
Speaker 1: He's like, I'm still in your neighbor and I'm like, dick.
Speaker 4: Head, turn around like it would It would have been a perfect opportunity for him to run a p R S.
Speaker 2: I run. I run APRS. Every time I drive down forty five from Dallas area to Galveston, I run APRS and usually oh wow. Usually usually I will also.
Speaker 4: Hold on your audio is good?
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay. Usually I will also call on on six top five two. I've never reached Mike, like never, so.
Speaker 1: Just I feel we talked on a repeater.
Speaker 2: We did talk on the repeat yes, yes.
Speaker 1: All right, so on five to two. So Frank, I talked on five to two and another guy this is within like the last let's say two months, and that's being generous. I've heard two. I've made two or three contacts on five to two just recently. Really, it's actually sad and actually amazing.
Speaker 2: It actually is kind of sad.
Speaker 1: I agree, it is sad. But Josh is in l A and he like, and good for you, I mean good for you, but like where I'm at.
Speaker 2: Well, here's the thing.
Speaker 1: It doesn't five to two doesn't happen. So for somebody to be driving by Huntsville, Texas and calling c Q on five to two.
Speaker 2: It's on an interstate forty five. Man, there's no excuse to not.
Speaker 1: I think Josh understands the I thing. Yeah, but the last guy I talked to was I don't even know where he was.
Speaker 2: Could you put a the in front of it though, like please though, what the five to two or no, I'm just I'm just high way. They were going down Oh oh oh the forty five. Sorry, so forty thank you, thank you. I get now, I get it. You take I didn't understand before.
Speaker 1: Now you take the six, you take the six, ten to the forty five. Got it all the way up to the Yeah yeah, okay, thank you, to the forty west. You get and then you get off the four or five north and you get.
Speaker 8: Off area and Lobrea.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, that's talk. Okay, Okay, I'm just I'm just gonna say, and I've said this on multiple videos in the past. Okay, everyone, Everyone who is hearing my voice right now, whether live or on replay or on the audio podcast rip everyone, monitor six dot five to two when you're driving, everyone, if we do that, I'm not joking right now, I'm totally serious. Okay. If we all do this on road trips, when we're driving around town, when we're in the car, if we all put one side. If you don't have a dual band radio with with two VFOs on it, then you know, welcome to twenty twenty four. Get a dual band radio. FtM five hundred whatever, doesn't matter what it is. I come, I fifty one, FtM five hundred, the uh whatever, V seventy one A doesn't matter. Literally anything, literally anything. Put one four to six, top five to two on your radio on one side of your radio, and monitor it all the time, all of time when you are driving on a road trip or driving around town, and everyone key up on it. And I've been preaching this whole Hey, kee up your local repeaters once a day, and I'm all for that. That's great. Do your repeaters once a day also, But if you're on a road trip, driving cross country, cross state, crossing state lines, monitor six top five to two and key up and throw your cross sign out once every thirty to sixty minutes.
Speaker 1: Jason, Let's make sure we give the full frequency there. It's one four six dot five to two zero. There is some some for like we say five to two, but for like the new people.
Speaker 2: Yes, yeah, agree, agreed, agreed, Yeah, one five to two zero.
Speaker 1: Which is the natal trip simplex calling frequency.
Speaker 2: Two meter simplex calling frequency. So yeah, it's a thank you Eric ten dollars super chat. I'm gonna pick a whiskey you right now. There you go, right there, But no, I'm absolutely one serious here. We as a online hamm radio community, the YouTubers, yes, but all of you guys who are in all of our chats also, Okay, you guys need to help us. We can't do it by ourselves. We need to light up six top five to two. And I'm not just talking about for a weekend or a week or a month or something like that. Every day for a year. We need to well forever. Actually, we need to actively activate six top five to two. I think it needs to be a thing again. Mike and I were driving back from Iowa and he drove up there to power Phone. We had a really good time touring their factory and he was driving back. We got into some traffic jam on whatever highway we were on. He made me laugh. He picks up his microphone. Was a radio on his uh uh, what's the VHF radio? You have three hundred. He picks up his microphone on the three hundred and he's like and and there's this big traffic jam. There's probably one hundred cars around us, and he's like, he grabs the mic and he's like, how come none of you guys are on the radio, And he puts the mic down and he's like no one responded. I'm like, that's a damn good question. Seriously, we need we need to all be on six top five to two. When we're on the road anytime so that we as a community can promote it to everyone.
Speaker 11: Trying to add just a flavor of that. Go right ahead when you are in so So Cal. We got a ton of you know, two meters simplex fre access right there's a ton.
Speaker 8: Of people talking.
Speaker 11: So it's gone so far that there's a second frequency that we're all on, which is one four six dot five eight zero, which is the adventure frequency, and that's where.
Speaker 2: All the local So Cow guys are on.
Speaker 11: We have to activations, so have that as another frequency that you also monitor.
Speaker 8: Because I was.
Speaker 11: Just chilling in the shack doing some stuff here getting ready for the live stream, and a full on net broke out entirely on Simplex on five eight zero. And how the net worked was they would go down the roll call and everybody listening was supposed to record the call sign of the people they heard and their signal strength, and then when it was their turn, they talked about this person was he was a five to nine, he was a four to three, he was.
Speaker 8: A four to two.
Speaker 11: They would go through the whole list, all on Simplex on five eight zero. It was the one of the coolest nets I've experienced in a long time, and it was all for that purpose of radio to radio communication and people getting their antennas higher and working on the whole thing.
Speaker 2: It was super super cool. It was really really impressive. We have a Friday night net every in the North Texas area Dallas for zach in like north western fort Worth, but we have a net on one forty six top five eight every Friday night. I think it's at eight pm. I've checked into it like twice. But on top of that, we have a group of people who hang out on I think it's one forty five seven to two simplex and it is, and I'll hear people on six top five two sometimes. But we have a good simplex group in this area if you know where to listen at. But my point is when you get outside of your area, six top five to two is where everyone should be. Everyone should be. Everyone should have a radio. Yeah, everyone should have a radio monitoring that frequency twenty four to seven. If you're next to a radio, yep, just set up a radio and monitor that all the time.
Speaker 10: So two things. My uh so, I've got a four hundred a beacon out APRS. It tells people on APRS what frequency. My other my A band is on and it's always one four sixty five to two. So you know, anytime I drive and anywhere I go, I don't really follow much with the monitor with the repeaters anymore. But interesting story. So I had the radio on. I'm taking my son up to a performance up in Indianapolis. Turn off the radio and go in. I turn it back on when we get in the car, and all of a sudden, I hear these these three stations talking. Two I could hear one, I couldn't. And one guy says to the other guy goes, yeah, he's that crazy YouTuber that jumps out of airplanes. Carlos. It was Carlos. It was the third station. I couldn't hear him. Yeah, Well, I'm halfway across the state. Carlos is halfway across the state. We're in the town together and had a chance encounter on one four six five two. We go and meet up and go to a a PODE activation that was was going on in town, and I wasn't even planning on going to. I had my little my son with me, So so there you go. There's there's something that happens when you listen to one four six five two. Yeah, I'll tell you. So you get to meet famous YouTubers that jump on.
Speaker 2: I think I think the good thing about this, Why is that off? But yeah, can you guys see me right now?
Speaker 4: Yes?
Speaker 2: Okay, good? So I think the good thing about this Get ham live freeinham dot com shop and these get hammed h toys is what they are, Spiral Ham ten pack. Anything you can do to promote Ham radio is good in my opinion. So this is a great thing to do. And it's just it's kind of like, well, get on the air, obviously, that's the best thing you can do. But anything you if you get a couple of these uh Ham packs and take them out, if you're you just keep like three or four in your vehicle and you're out and about and you're like, oh, there's a guy with an antenna. I drive down. My wife and I own a property in Galveston. I've I've told you guys a bunch of times. I'll be driving up and down the coast in Galveston and I'll see some with fitching rods sticking out the top of their car. I'm like, oh, is that an antenna. I'm like, oh, no, that's a fishing, they look like antenna's driving down the beach. But I will absolutely notice a car with an antenna on it when I'm out and about driving through wherever I am, and if I got one of these things, I will I will stop, I'll put it on the car, and they like, hey, get on six top five to two. So I just I think, I think we as a community and the YouTuber community, but you guys who follow us as well, just need to like be ambassadors for six top five two. Let's get some activity going, because I'm I think we should light that frequency up and keep it that way all year long.
Speaker 11: That's the thing I'll add another caveat because we have a lot of this here in Soco. Go ahead five five to two is super popular. There's so many people that are on five two, and it gets to the point that people are like.
Speaker 8: Clogging the frequency right basically.
Speaker 2: Okay, okay, And so that's a good problem to have. Yeah, yeah, it's a good problem to have.
Speaker 11: But we'll have people come out in like hall monitor five too, and they'll be like, hey, this is an emergency frequency. You got to get off of this, blah blah blah, And so a lot of times, a lot of times some of the guys, and it's really cool. What's kind of come out of this is that some of these guys will be like, Hey, you and I are having this conversation. We got a really good path to each other. We're gonna slide off frequency a little bit, go five up, you know what, Yes, and then they'll continue their conversation off of that. So have the wherewithal to know that we're we're talking frequencies, So you can be frequency agile. You can find somebody you got a really good connection with, and if you're going to talk for a while, go.
Speaker 2: Ahead and slide off of it.
Speaker 11: Go and say, hey, let's go five up, let's go five down, whatever mega hurts, right, we're talking, and then just continue the conversation. Because to a certain degree, it is true that it is kind of like our emergency frequency, if you will, in the in the in the liberals of sense, right, it's.
Speaker 2: A calling frequency. Yeah, it is a calling free another word words. In a perfect world, you would call someone on six top five to two. I would call Josh. I was driving to California. I'll call Josh. He comes back to me. He's like, hey, man, what's going on. Hey, let's move off to this other frequency, and then we continue our conversation for the next half hour on that frequency. That's great. But my point, and you're not wrong in saying that, you were absolutely not wrong. But my point is that these days six top five to two is so dead that we should just stay on that until we have that problem.
Speaker 11: Well, yes, get get to the point where you're at mine, to the point yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, and then use it because that's what it's supposed to.
Speaker 2: Be correct, correct. Yeah, So yeah, just light up six top five to two. Man. I think we should all do that. We should all have one side of our radio on that frequency at all times when we're driving around town on road, especially on road trips, and just throw your call sign out every half hour and see who you can reach, because I would like to really see that frequency light up again, you know, the way it used to be twenty or thirty years ago.
Speaker 4: I have had some excellent conversations with people on five to two run.
Speaker 2: I have two on the highway.
Speaker 4: You run it up and down the highways in Ontario where there's a lot of traffic southern Ontario. I had a half hour chat with a guy that was transitting through southern Ontario from northern Michigan down to upper New York State. Awesome, it's great fun.
Speaker 2: It is absolutely And Vince, that's that's yours too many your simplex calling frequency also in Canada, Yes, sir, okay, okay, So if you're driving north into Canada, same frequency.
Speaker 1: Vince, I will echo what you just said. When I was coming back from Huntsville Hamfest just this year, I was driving down I twenty and I I mean, we look at each other's cars. We know we got antenna is right, so we saw each other. We're like, hey, we threw out our call signs, had a great, great one four six dot five to two station for half hour forty five minutes. I was maybe driving a little bit faster than maybe a little bit whatever, but we had a great conversation on five to two. Driving down I twenty, it's just hammering. He and he wasn't even coming from Huntsville ham Fast, which blew my mind. I'm like, how are we both going that way away from Huntsville, Alabama and you weren't. He's like, I've never been he was actually he was driving from Maine all the way down to I think Texarkana. He might have been Wow, he might have had he might have had four hundred cases of Cory's beer.
Speaker 2: But I swure know he was driving a nineteen seventy seven transit.
Speaker 1: Serious as a heart attack, though he was actually going to Alabama, and I think he was. He was going like the golf kind of where Jem lives. He was kind of going in that era. But we're driving on iwe and uh, I may or may not have been in the left lane and passed him. Excuse me. He saw my he saw my license plate because I have my call sign on my license plate, and he threw his call out and he well, he's like K and m r D this is whatever. And I'm just like because I'm monitoring one four six dot five to.
Speaker 2: Two right right.
Speaker 1: And But to go back to what Jason is saying, make five to two great again, Like as we're driving down the freeways of tim buck to and across the Great United States or wherever you're going, and I'm and I'm guiltier than everyone. I don't I don't get I don't key up, you know.
Speaker 2: Say hey, I don't do that.
Speaker 1: That's my problem me too, so imagine if we all did that, Like we're all in agreement, Like we all have our radios on five to two and four four four four six point zero because we're out of our repeater range. We're in tim buck too. So I'm going to listen to the two meter simplex frequency which is one four six point five two zero, and the seventy centimeter frequency which is four four six zero zero zero. There's a new guy in the chat here. I'm trying to answer questions for them while we're doing this. But we I think that we want up more, we need to keep up, and I don't. I don't agree that because I don't want to talk to people. I'm an introvert. I got the I got the windows down, I got the stereo cranked, and I have the ham radio speaker also cranked.
Speaker 2: So I am guilty of that as well. I need to key up more often. I am always monitoring, but I need to keep up more often myself, and I'm I'm issuing a challenge to myself. But also you guys in the zoom, you guys in the chat, you guys on the team replay a non audio podcast monitor six top five to two and throw your calls on out every now and then. It doesn't have to be every five freaking minutes, but sometimes do that, especially on a road trip, because when it's up to us, it's up to us. It's not up to the six seventy year old curmudgeons on z that want to bitch about everything. It's not up to those guys. It's up to us to keep these frequencies alive. And that you're using it too much, I don't care. I don't care, but it's a good video. Everybody make a video on it. It's a good idea. That's a good idea.
Speaker 4: There is a universal hand signal for this too. If you're going down the road and you call on five to two to the guy and uh and he doesn't answer you, that's get.
Speaker 2: The get the get the sticker, the kinwood or the able arrow sticker that goes in the back of your car, that says monitoring six top five to two.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, but we don't know the other guy is. And I've done that. I've done the hand gesture and I used all my fingers, not just the one of them, and the guy. The guy got the message and enjoined.
Speaker 2: We had a great chat. I've talked to a couple of I will I will beacon a p R S and and and my message says monitoring six top five to two. And I've talked to people like that before.
Speaker 1: Nick Tree De Paul says, where did he go? He tried keying up on five to two? And Willis that's not gonna happen.
Speaker 2: Buddy, Willis is right there by you. You should be able to hear that. I'm just I'm not I'm not trying to blame any anybody or I'm not trying to say you're doing something wrong. What I'm saying is turn on your freaking radio and monitor six top five to two. And if you know that's that's he's going to be at winterfield Day. So if you hear, if you even hear bro right, I think he has that. Actually, if if you hear someone call out on six top five to two, answer them. You don't have to talk to them for a long time. Say hey man, I heard you out there. Can't talk right now, but hey, thanks for using six top five to two. Case five, hibb that's it, Or talk to him if you want to. But I just think I really, really, really really think that we should as a community to try to light up this frequency as much as possible nationwide.
Speaker 1: There was not at all a light up two meters event.
Speaker 2: There was, actually yeah, but that was just like.
Speaker 9: Happened.
Speaker 2: That was like a weekend. It's like a weekend. But I'm talking about doing it.
Speaker 1: Let's light It was called light up two.
Speaker 2: Meters, light up two meters. Yeah, yeah, I participated the first time I heard about it. But I'm talking about doing that all the time, all the time. Every time you get every time you get into your vehicle, and for more than ten minutes, be on six top five to two and throw your call sign out at least once.
Speaker 1: Let me throw something at you then, and I am one hundred agreeance with you.
Speaker 2: Okay, what do I do when I don't want to talk to people?
Speaker 1: Which is ninety nine point nine.
Speaker 11: Per Oh you you beacon APRS because well, Josh, nobody's talking to you.
Speaker 2: We're gonna shut this down in a minute, Josh. Anyway. So so realistically, and I'm sad to say this, but realistically, if you throw your call sign out on six top five two, you're probably not going to get anyone to come back to you anyway. Mike, worry about that problem. After we have solved the problem of six top five two being so quiet, Take this time.
Speaker 1: Take this answer is actually a good one, and it is I hate to say that.
Speaker 2: You take this time, Take this time to contribute to the activity on six five to two. And when it gets so busy, just back out. That's cool.
Speaker 1: It's no problem but the bottom but so like mic fright, don't be afraid, like seriously, just just just push the button. Push the button. Just just push the button and stay your call sign correct. Don't worry about saying it phonetically, don't worry about anything, worry about don't worry about anything. Just push the button and say this is K or W or N whatever your call sign is. Tell them that you're new.
Speaker 2: I promise you, yes, it's not like. It's not like. It's not like the assholes online. It's the people on the error are not like the assholes online.
Speaker 1: It is not I promise you. If you have the gumption to key up your microphone and throw out your call sign on a repeater, just say, hey, this is whatever your cause, Hey, this is K and M. Already just got my license. Want to see if my radio's working. I'm excited to talk. Whatever your message is, just say hey, somebody will come back to you. And dude, if somebody, if somebody hears you on the repeater, and you have to understand that, like not everybody is sitting in their shack listening, So don't be afraid to throw it out a couple of times. Dude, the second you get that first contact, whoever that guy is that makes contact with you, that's an honor to make a contact.
Speaker 2: It really is first.
Speaker 1: Like I just threw my call sign out and they will welcome you to the hobby. They'll be like, oh my god, how you're a tech. Great, that's what are you talking on? You got a bow fing? That's great, you sound great.
Speaker 2: Or they'll be honest, you sound like crap right right, but that's radio.
Speaker 1: Don't don't take that.
Speaker 10: Personally correct hamsplain things to you.
Speaker 1: Because you're talking on an a tea inside your house where radio waves don't really work.
Speaker 11: So well, yeah, why don't I hear anything when I'm sitting in my bal fang in a barca lounger, Mike, why don't I hear when I'm on.
Speaker 1: My you know what? Josh Okay, worst person asked about this because you've made videos working HF on uh lawn lawn.
Speaker 2: Chair lawn chairs. Yeah, yeah, what wife hit. The title of video was wife mad again.
Speaker 1: Doesn't matter.
Speaker 2: I showed that to my wife and she thought it was funny. So water, Mike great, great points. Agree with you one hundred percent. Josh, tell us about your t I thing tomorrow. Once again, we're gonna shut this down, all right. So we have the Teachers Institute coming up.
Speaker 11: We're doing a live stream to support the efforts that they've been doing. They've been doing it for years, so this is not like a new thing that's come up or anything like that. Actually, that's one of the teachers. Everett's right there. K five Ata is the lead of that group. Mike, who's here with us right now. Kind of kick this whole thing off doing a telethon where we stream as long as possible to bring up funds for them, and it goes to the Teachers Institute. It doesn't go to the AARL General funds.
Speaker 2: It's for the teachers.
Speaker 11: Educating teachers about amateur radio, get them all educated up. They can then take that back to their classes and teach the youngsters about what Hamm Radio is. This is high school teachers, middle school teachers, elementary school teachers, to get them all exposed at you know, basically what we all want to do. We all want to get involved with educators and teach people. But the best way to do that is really teach the teachers that do this their everyday job to educate people.
Speaker 8: And so that's what the TI does.
Speaker 11: And we're going to do a telethon tomorrow to make as much money as we can for them. Every cent goes to their fund to help support what they're doing.
Speaker 8: And we're gonna start at.
Speaker 11: Two pm tomorrow. Jason's gonna be there, Mike's gonna be there, a number of other people will be there. It's gonna be a lot of fun. And if you can come on out to the Hamber deal Craft Course tomorrow, please do so.
Speaker 8: We'd love to have you.
Speaker 10: And that's that's two pm Pacific, correct.
Speaker 2: Pacific specific time.
Speaker 8: That's right, thank you.
Speaker 1: So I want to be I want to be very clear here. Uh one hundred percent of the funds go to the A R r L Teachers Institute, correct, which means if you donate, your donations are one hundred percent tax deductible right, like, literally, we have every single dollar. YouTube doesn't take a cut. Google doesn't take a cut, nobody takes a cut. Every single dollar.
Speaker 2: Goes to it's a good thing that YouTube does. There's a there's a number.
Speaker 1: Of fundraising one goes to ar L.
Speaker 2: Josh, you need to send me that number in private chat?
Speaker 8: Which number?
Speaker 2: Whatever number you're talking about, the matching number?
Speaker 8: Oh do you know what it is?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 8: Yeah, I do.
Speaker 1: I do.
Speaker 11: Okay, So there and the ah BRL has lined up from very generous donors matching funds for all of our donations up to a certain point.
Speaker 2: We'll talk about it tomorrow. And I'm giving away at least for radios tomorrow.
Speaker 11: There's two of them that I'm gonna be giving away as we hit our donation goals.
Speaker 2: So come on out. We're gonna have some fun with it. Everybody else for the giveaways, Can I give away my Redivius radios tomorrow?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: I could work that out absolutely. Okay, I might do that tomorrow because I've been watching the chat tonight, but I've been watching a bunch of other stuff too. I might do that tomorrow. So cool, good, so yes, very good. Cause something we talked about on this channel, Josh's channel, Mike Channel a bunch of times in the past, Teachers Institute promoting Ham radio for teachers who teach students and youth about Ham radio. There's nothing wrong with that at all, like yep, ever, so yeah, great deal, thanks man, appreciate you guys being here tonight. Uh let's switch this right, Yeah, there we go, right there, So seventy three to everybody, thank you for being here. Check out the links in the description below. And oh really I thought it would I thought it would have been more than that, but okay, cool, yeah yeah yeah, who knows, so we'll see. But uh yeah, uh yeah, join Josh, put your uh put put you have your live stream link already, yeah, put in the chat put in very much. You've gotta you've gotta admin.
Speaker 10: What was the what was the total that was raised last year? Our goal for this year? Right as a.
Speaker 2: Minimum, absolutely absolutely.
Speaker 1: I got the on the lot on the live stream, we raised about eighteen k but after kind of because you could go to the r L and donate too, it was over twenty k.
Speaker 10: Oh for that episode. So that campaign.
Speaker 1: Right for the ARL Teachers Institute that we did last year we raised about twenty k. Yeah, so I'm hoping personally, from just being a sales guy and being on Josh's channel, we should we should easily double that.
Speaker 2: I would love that. That'd be great.
Speaker 1: Yeah. So we raised twenty k on my channel and I've got like four subscribers. Right, if we take this whole thing to Josh's channel, who has like three hundred and fifty thousand subscribers.
Speaker 10: Mike, I heard you just one over like like five subscribers.
Speaker 1: It doesn't matter.
Speaker 9: He lost one today.
Speaker 10: Oh.
Speaker 1: If we have this son Josh channel, imagine how.
Speaker 2: Much I hope I mean, I mean, imagine how.
Speaker 1: Much more we can raise. Imagine now we have we have like yeah, what are we calling them the Josh benchmarks? To get the to get like a mac old or something.
Speaker 2: This is this is not about this is damn.
Speaker 1: Last year was Last year was Last year was straight up wild West?
Speaker 2: Yeah, wild wild West?
Speaker 8: Yes, this year is like Okay, but here's the thing.
Speaker 1: Okay, see what we can really do and by we I mean we as a Ham radio community.
Speaker 2: It's important. It's important.
Speaker 1: Biggest question, Hang on, Jason, this is the biggest question that we always ask. Okay, Cartman. What can we do to get younger people in a ham radio. We're doing it. This is what we're doing. We're funneling money at it. Right, go ahead, Jason.
Speaker 2: No, I know you're You're totally right. I like to make fun of you and you're an iPhone guy and it's okay, but but you're totally right. I completely agree with everything you just said. This is this is this is the thing. This is a thing that we like to do, and we've been doing it for we YouTube community, like I've had Steve on my channel two or three times. Kyle has been a big help in promoting teachers Institutes because Kyle will take donations for the food at Huntsville Hamfest every year for the last three years, and every all the donations that we get for the food, we buy the food, we have a cookout, whatnot, and then everything extra Kyle donates to to Steve's Teachers Institute. So there's multiple streams of income that Steve has, which is great. It's great.
Speaker 10: I think that raised over twenty five.
Speaker 2: Something like that. Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 1: It's just it's tens of thousands of dollars.
Speaker 2: Where it's it's good to every I know it's good to get everyone on this zoom call and everyone in the chat and everyone who's not here tonight all together to raise money for this effort on the Teacher's Institute that we all believe in.
Speaker 1: So you know what, you know what, Jason, it's it's going to be so cool tomorrow mhm. Because our community is just like if Andy Cowley alone.
Speaker 10: He's already he's already at the waiting.
Speaker 1: And already on fifty of our That's what I'm saying, dude, Ham Radio is like, the community is so good. Yes, it's it's already there. Everybody's already waiting.
Speaker 12: Two.
Speaker 2: Oh no, I'm not or not. It's gonna be like six six to eight hours.
Speaker 1: Listen, I've got, I've got.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna I'm gonna join. I'm going to join like three to four hours after he starts, so I can go to the end and show everyone what a bunch of whiskey tastes like. So, yeah, we.
Speaker 11: Do have a program, a bit of some yeah yeah, yeah, yeah yeah.
Speaker 2: I start start drinking after I do my presentation.
Speaker 11: I will start drinking when I hit my particular goal.
Speaker 2: And oh yeah, totally honestly, this is the.
Speaker 1: Limit from my point, like the drinking is kind of off the table. It's it's about it's about the kids.
Speaker 2: Apparently you've done enough of that tonight.
Speaker 1: Do this is my birthday?
Speaker 2: I agree, it is not my freaking problem.
Speaker 1: It is. It is your problem. But no tomorrow and uh no.
Speaker 7: It's it's it's really not.
Speaker 2: I gotta go.
Speaker 1: I gotta go fight you to the death. I will fight you all.
Speaker 4: No.
Speaker 2: I am cale, I am yeah, that's the battery. It's hey, guys, seriously, thank you for tonight. This was awesome. I love the Happy Hour live streams. We will do this again New Year's Eve. Mark your calendars. All of you guys are old. You're not going out if you're New Year's Eve anyway. Kind of like me, kind of like me. It's a streaky night, Davidson says.
Speaker 1: So when do we do a shot? What is the word for the shot?
Speaker 2: The CU word for the shot is ham harder. That's harder, that's as Yeah. Yeah, no, we'll do this again Happy Hour on New Year's Eve and it'll be a fun stream. You guys mark your calendars, please please join me. I would love to have twenty people on the zoom call that night. So it's a fun time. Check out Josh's stream for tomorrow night for the g Institute. It's gonna be a fun stream. Also, I'll be there, Michael Blair be there, and he shared a link to that earlier. Appreciate you guys joining us tonight. Thank you for the super chats, Thank you for Thank you to Gigaparts. You guys like gigaparts parts is awesome, right yeah, Gigaparts is freaking awesome. We're gonna do We're gonna do that again on an hour long stream for a make let's make a deal type thing.
Speaker 10: I was gonna say, put one in the chat if you yeah, took advantage of.
Speaker 2: That, Yeah, yeah, put one in the chat.
Speaker 8: If you didn't, it made me take advantage of it, because right right, I.
Speaker 1: Don't want to pote a thirty three with five off with code already at gigaparts.
Speaker 2: That's right where we're going there, Yeah, that's where we're going seventy three guys. Thanks for raining us tonight. See you tomorrow night on Josh's live stream. You guys, have a good night.
Speaker 4: I'm smarter, I'm smarter.
Speaker 2: Yeah,