Speaker 1: Hey, everybody, welcome to Game Breaking News with me Jeff Grub, your host for Giantbob dot com.
Speaker 2: Thank you for tuning in on this episode.
Speaker 1: We're going to be talking about a huge remake and a new Xbox Handheld in twenty twenty five. We have Lucy James, so it's going to be a good one. Let's get right into it. All that was supposed to happen over the music and I never told jan that, so that's fun. Yeah, no problem, Lucy James, you're here. How's it going.
Speaker 3: Hi, I'm here, I'm in the office. It's going well. Thank you. Excited to be here, Pope closing me in. I'm in the like the voiceover kind of book section, which is.
Speaker 2: You've been locked into game Breaking News? Is what's happened?
Speaker 3: You know? How locked in on news? I am?
Speaker 2: How locked in?
Speaker 3: It's literally dislocked in? Yes, cutting of so I really there's no like, no one can hear me.
Speaker 1: Screaming here that that door is now barred from the other side.
Speaker 2: Absolutely. Yeah. Hey, welcome to Game Breaking News, everybody.
Speaker 1: It is the news show we're gonna be doing here as part of the Power Block, which is a collaboration between game Spot and Giant bombas we try to do stuff for you each and every day, starting around new in Eastern time, nine am Pacific.
Speaker 2: And we'll just be going all day.
Speaker 1: Usually it'll start with this show, not always, other things can happen earlier. We are gonna have a good time here though. Talking about news pretty soon. But yeah, first, Lucy, how are you doing? It's it's Is it fun to be doing this from the studio?
Speaker 4: It is?
Speaker 3: I kind of forgot how because obviously we've been doing so much stuff from home.
Speaker 4: It's wonderful.
Speaker 3: I love doing it. I love the comfort moone home, I love my cats hanging around, but there is something more energizing about doing it from the office, and you know, just being like johnakan Jan already in here and just yeah, it's exciting. And also like we're a small but scrappy team and it's exciting for us to do a bunch of new stuff. And honestly, I just think live is fun.
Speaker 1: Yeah, any anything can happen, right, so well, hopefully good stuff. Yeah, Well, I mean listen, if thatsd stuff happens, We've yeah, we've dealt with plenty of that.
Speaker 2: We can keep rolling with that as well.
Speaker 1: So yeah, uh, you know what, Let's get into the show and explain what we do here most week Yeah, absolutely most weekdays. I, Jeff Greb, will help piece your gaming life back together. That includes breaking news and maybe even some of our own original reporting. For all these topics, I'll get the input of a bona fide expert who will make me look smart.
Speaker 2: If you are watching live on twitch welcome.
Speaker 1: You can always listen to the show later on podcast feeds by searching for Games Mornings, or find the RSS.
Speaker 2: We got that over on giant bomb dot com for you.
Speaker 1: You can also catch the show later with chapters and timestamps on YouTube.
Speaker 2: Hello YouTube.
Speaker 1: All right, we have a lot to get into, so let's break some gaming news, starting with the rumored Oblivion remake could launch sooner than expected. This comes from Eddie McCoo at game Spot. The long rumored remakeup but that's this two thousand and six RPG The Elder Scrolls for Oblivion could be announced soon and potentially released before June. That's according to Nathan the Hate, who has a solid track record of reporting on unannounced games and platforms, and when he broke this, I also got a couple of messages saying, yeah, this is happening, so I think we can be uh.
Speaker 3: Yeah, no, you're tapped in come onels every day.
Speaker 2: Oh you don't want to feel that way. Let's not get crazy here. Yeah. Hey, this is kind.
Speaker 1: Of something I think has been mostly an open secret for some time now, right because we had.
Speaker 4: A year.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but I think when we first started hearing about it, and I remember VGC actually reporting on it pretty early.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 2: I think the report from.
Speaker 1: Them was would be remade visually in Unreel Engine five and then underneath it would still be the Oblivion engine. That was like so you would have all the interactivity and stuff like that. Now, I think the most recent rumber.
Speaker 3: Like yes, because that's the thing. I mean, UNI five is amazing. But I'm at the stage now where if I pick up a game, I can tell what it's made and unreal because there's just something about the character wait and feel to it.
Speaker 4: So okay if it feels like a yeah.
Speaker 1: I think though that the most recent rumors Lucy James are that they're remaking the entirety of the game in an Unreal Engine five.
Speaker 2: So now you know, why would they do this?
Speaker 1: Like why would this Why would this be a bit like obviously they do this to make money from selling an old game to us again, but why go through all the effort of sort of getting getting an Elder Scrolls game up and running in an Unreal Engine five? To me, that says like they want the future of their games maybe to be in an engine like Unreal five. So do a lot of the work to figure out how to get this game running in Unreal five, and then you could take all of those efforts and pay it forward to the next game and kind of build on that as a new way of making these games going forward.
Speaker 2: So that makes a lot of sense.
Speaker 3: It does, Yeah, cheap it to kind of not have to maintain your own engine and just let, you know, just pack a bunch of stuff on top of Unreal.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean we get why everyone wants to do that as well. It is we are maybe past the point where every every well, we're definitely past the point where every studio has their own engine for every game they make. There was a time where that may be made more sense before something like Unreal had standardized a lot of that stuff, and now you're at a point where so many people who work in this industry want to build skills that are applicable to the next job. You want to build a skill that it's like, Okay, I worked on this game, and because I worked on this game that was in Unreal, I can go to any other studio working in Unreal and do that as well. And so it's easier to hire people if you have that because one people want to work there, and also they have probably built up some of those features that they will need to uh to scale into something like an Unreal game anywhere else. Now, you know, is this going to be the best thing for you know, the these Elder Scrolls games, I don't know. I do like the heye any everything's interactable, every or interactive. I should say I like that everything you could pick up anything. I like that aspect of those games. But maybe that is something that that they're going to you know, reduce focus on, or maybe they maybe they find a way to get that working in Unreal five.
Speaker 3: What do you think, oh, in terms of everything you can see you can pick up, because that's the thing. I think they swung too hard in that direction for Starfield. That was one of my big criticisms where it was like I looked at my inventory, which was pretty capped at the beginning of the game, and it was filled with clipboards and mugs and stuff, Whereas I like the you know, the in my mind and like, this is a very oversimplification, it's just how my brain works, Like the twentousand and eight to twenty fourteen where it's like everything was incredibly stylized. I'm thinking of like games like Dishonored and even Skyrim, where I look at something and there was a select number of items that I know that I can interact with because I just understand the visual language of a game. So that's the thing where it's like, I like the restraint, but then at the same time, you want the most massive experience, so technically, you know that should be the starfield where everything should be interactable.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I mean, well, why you got me saying that now?
Speaker 2: Because I'm a bad, bad person.
Speaker 1: It's a bad boy. Yeah, I'm a bad.
Speaker 3: Boy, bad boy of games media.
Speaker 1: Bad boy games media, and it's contagious. Yeah, it's yeah. I think that the issue of Starfield, right is there just was nothing on the other side of that sort of thing, Like when I think you could stack that stuff up from your ship a little bit, but I don't know how permanent it was, because your ship what didn't feel like as much of a permanent place as say a house in Skyrim.
Speaker 3: In Prey, you could pick up all that crap and then you put it in the recycling machine and you.
Speaker 1: Could get yeah, I mean fall out before you pick up all that stuff, and then you use it to build up your your your home base, and all that stuff could be turned into other materials and things like that.
Speaker 2: There was a crafting system.
Speaker 1: I don't necessarily need a crafting system in their games going forward, but I do think people want an end goal, even if some people do just want to pick up every wheel a cheese to put that in their house, and that's their way of expressing themselves.
Speaker 2: I've mentioned online.
Speaker 1: I've been watching my kids play Goat Simulator three recently, and they that's how they play that game. They just pick up everything and throw it in a house that they stole from some humans, and it's a it's a fun time to watch the getting back to this remake it could be out by June, is what this story is saying.
Speaker 2: So yeah, we're I mean, we're halfway through March right now.
Speaker 1: I don't mean to alarm anybody, Lucy, but we're halfway through March right now, So that means, you know, this game gets announced to win like April and then comes out in June.
Speaker 2: Like, is that is that what we're looking at?
Speaker 3: I mean maybe, like that would be amazing, but because also, like you know, first off, the show is a first off. The year is pretty pretty stacked already. But yeah, I mean April, if they have a direct or something, I don't know. I'm sorry, I'm really distracted by this link that Lexi dropped in the chat. Oh yeah, which is the year Agamer posted disco Elysium is being reimagined for mobile audiences to captivate the TikTok user. And my brain is just so broken by that. And there is also a trailer.
Speaker 1: Okay, next story, disco Elysium is being reimagined for mobile devices to captivate the TikTok user oblivion.
Speaker 2: That stuff's happening, So get.
Speaker 3: Excited everything, Get excited for that game.
Speaker 2: This is the craziest sentence I've seen in a while. Yeah.
Speaker 1: This comes from Ed Nightingale over at Eurogamer Psychological RPG Disco Elysium is set to come to mobile device's courtesy of original studio Zaoom. That's how I'm always going to say it in a reimagined form. Reimagined is maybe the craziest euphemism they could have used for what this thing that they're doing is the aim of this adaptation is to make the game accessible for mobile devices and playable in short bursts. We intend to captivate the TikTok user with quick hits of compelling story art in audio, ultimately creating an all new, deeply engaging form of entertainment. Said studio head Dennis Havel, an original member of the Disco Elysium development team. That Okay, that's crazy because to me, the way I look at TikTok that like, and I think what they're saying here is that scrolling going like from one piece of content that is quick hitting gives you dopamine and then you scroll or really what it does automatically goes to the next one, so you just kind of can't get off that train. That is like the capitalism, like the crack cocaine version of social media that it's just boiled down to its most base components and just latches on your brain.
Speaker 2: It becomes impossible to like extract from.
Speaker 1: Like you have to make a conscious decision to put down these things once you get on the Oh, I have started watching YouTube shorts because my YouTube app just automatically went there, and I'm like, I did not come to YouTube to do this, but I find myself twenty five minutes later, I'm still here. God, dang it. I hate this disco Elysium. It's like a game about social constructs and about socialism and communism and capitalism and.
Speaker 2: Plight of man.
Speaker 1: And boy, this feels like chocolate and moon rocks.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I I'm still just so taken aback by that headline.
Speaker 4: It is such a good headline.
Speaker 2: It is.
Speaker 3: It's like something from Succession.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it really is. Yes.
Speaker 3: Ah, there's also a trailer. I dropped it an hour chat on discord here.
Speaker 1: All right, I'm gonna take a look at this thing. Yeah this is seeah Yeah, I mean.
Speaker 3: It's somehow someone android only for now.
Speaker 1: That's interesting, Okay, yeah, so yes, vot. I mean they could just take all the voice lines they already did for the voice acted version of that game, right, So this is just disco Elysium like art from disco Elysium.
Speaker 2: Writing from Discolysium, it looks like maybe.
Speaker 1: Some dialogue choices from that game, but in a vertical version.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it looks like well Kuno, yeah, yeah, Kuno punches you. Yeah, I'm a little sack of potatoes. Yeah. This is truly unhinged.
Speaker 1: I don't I mean, And we've been getting these, you know, vibes. We've been getting the explicit statements from Zachlum since disco Elysium's team has fallen apart and has spun off into several other studios, all making games, specifically because they hated working with people that might make decisions like this.
Speaker 4: Hey, I'm proud to announce it.
Speaker 3: I am a project from one of the creators of disco Elysium at this point, because what isn't there are so many of them it's difficult to keep track who isn't.
Speaker 1: Absolutely all right, Well, that that is a very bizarre. I'm kind of looking forward to seeing if we get any like statements from the other people that worked on disco Elysium. I bet they will just be like, I don't ever want to think about that thing ever again.
Speaker 3: To the TikTok for the TikTok user for.
Speaker 1: The TikTok user. I mean, I don't think that this is how you. I mean that's just a bad strategy, right, because the TikTok user is not like someone making conscious decisions about choosing the thing they want to interact with.
Speaker 2: You fall into the algorithm.
Speaker 1: And unless your game can be inserted into the algorithm to be served up to people, no one like, no one who's doing that is going to be like, well, I was gonna go waste time on TikTok, but instead let me download this when it spoke app for this one video game that I can play in weird chunks it you got your right, It is a succession like it is one percent the kind of thing where these people do not get it and then applying a half formed thought to a piece of content they already have so they can cheaply reuse it is.
Speaker 5: Yeah, so as more of a uh, as more of a kind of I'm taking this as a good a good faith interpretation of this, right, is that I'm trying.
Speaker 3: I'm trying trying to be the silver lining where it's like discolysium thought provoking. We are in a stage where we're kind of losing the hashtag gen z gamer. They like the younger generations are playing more games on their phone. Disco Elysium such a powerful piece of work. And if they are taking that and reimagining it and putting it out in a way that they think will appeal to that audience, I do understand that, and I understand, I get the thing, but it just feels bills bizarre, so so bizarre. I mean, hey, maybe maybe this will be the thing that gets you know, kids thinking about being a depressed.
Speaker 1: And we need more of that for sure. Kids have not had enough depressing things to think about.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I just through any interesting times. What are they talking about?
Speaker 1: If the if the disease is you know, the people can't get off of these social media apps because the algorithm is that sticky, The solution is probably not let's make our thing exactly like that it is. It's probably not like let's form our content into the shape of the disease. Let's it's you probably need to offer a wholesome, compelling, nutritious alternative. And that was the video game disco Elysium.
Speaker 2: And the game did very well.
Speaker 1: It did find an audience, and and sure, yeah, you're not going to be able to peel everyone away from TikTok, but your one hope there is eventually people just get so sick of feeling the way they feel after using apps like that over a long period of time, that they decide to come back to something that is wholesome, and you need to be waiting there with something ready for them instead of being like, let's like shed all the things that make us special to be more like YouTube shorts and Instagram and like the Facebook feed that has now turned into TikTok as well. All these social media apps are doing the same thing. You doing the same thing from the creators at disco Elysium is embarrassing.
Speaker 2: It's embarrassing from the disco Elysium.
Speaker 3: I think we shaw a moratorium on the phrase from the careers of disco Elysium for the next year.
Speaker 2: Uh huh, yeah, you're right, you would.
Speaker 1: Just it's like when the pandemic happened and people were saying, uh, oh, you know, I was a middle manager at at Applebee's whatever, and so they just put that on a resume because no one could call apple Bee's and be like, hey did this guy work there? No one was working it that was a huge thing, all right. Xbox branded handheld planned for later this year, according to a report. This also comes from Eddie Coup who got some help from Evan Campbell over at GameSpot. There could be an official Xbox branded handheld out by the end of this year. A new report states that Microsoft is partnering with a PC gaming company like Asius or Lenovo, although the name, the exact name of the company they're partnering with, seems to still be a mystery. And they're partnering with this on the device, which is targeted to launch this year in twenty twenty five. According to Windows Central, the handheld is co named Keenan and will be similar in nature to the upcoming Lenovo Legion go S, which will be the first device outside of the Steam Deck family to run on valves Steam os. Now, are you thinking there's already a bunch of these things that run Windows.
Speaker 2: How is this any different?
Speaker 1: The way that this seems to be different, Lucy James, is that Microsoft is specifically making an Xbox sort of environment for this handheld.
Speaker 2: They are handling the software.
Speaker 3: So that to me says that is the user experience, that is the ovalay Y you n l booting up into Windows eleven, which.
Speaker 1: Or if it's a shelled version of Windows eleven at the very.
Speaker 4: Least, yeah, which honestly great.
Speaker 3: I have a rock ally and the fact that I have to go through Windows eleven is the worst bit about it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean just managing updates right where like, Okay, you're got to update Windows, then you have to update the ASUS, like my experience thing, and then Armory create a separate thing from ASUS is like, hey, we have an ACEUS motherboard in here, so we're going to hand all the updates through there. Yes, a separate thing for just the gaming stuff. So there's three sort of paths you need to walk down fully separate from one another one another every time you.
Speaker 2: Need to update. That's frustrating, you know.
Speaker 1: And then that gets in to my issues with like just trying to navigate Windows on a touch screen without a keyboard, a physical keyboard and a mouse could be frustrating sometimes when you're just trying to get into a password field and it doesn't work. But Microsoft has known about these issues for a long time, you know. I remember like complaining about it, like my first week using the acis Roger and like a month later, Phil Spencer was doing a bunch of interviews where it's like we get it, we get it, we get it, and so I think immediately they decided this is the this is what we need to do. We need to fix this and make a version of Windows and or Xbox that can work on one of these handheld devices. And I think a lot of us assumed and based on, you know, the rumors that this that would turn into an entirely Microsoft created and wholly integrated, like vertically integrated piece of hardware and software that was Xbox through and through. Now that clearly you know, something that could still happen, it feels like this is the faster path toward Well yeah, sure we might still do that, but what really needs to happen here is Windows and Xbox need to make sense on a handheld computer, and we can do that with a partner company who can actually make the hardware, and then at a certain point we want them just to take our software and use that similar to what's happened with SteamOS, and steam Os has really gained momentum. It is the thing where for a long time we were like, hey, can Linux as a gaming platform really work?
Speaker 2: These Steam machines.
Speaker 1: Is this in These were PCs that people that the Valve worked with third party companies to put steam os in early version of steam os, which is a version of Linux running on those and that that didn't take off well. Now thanks to steam Deck, and because steam os is going to be installable on any device here pretty soon with you know, the full features, that that.
Speaker 2: Is gaining some momentum.
Speaker 1: I think Windows is like recognizing Microsoft is recognizing that for Windows they need to come in here and sort of answer a lot of the questions that people are asking because steam Os is so handy on these kinds of devices. I'm I'm excited about this because this is the way I prefer to play games right now, and really throughout my entire life, I prefer handhelds, and my handheld gaming PCs continue to be the primary way I play games. So if we can get a lot of competition in the space to make it as good as it possibly can be, I'm I'm thrilled, and I plan to pick up this device as long as it just meets some basic requirements of handling games in a smart and clever way.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I agree as someone who recently kind of moved to the PC ecosystem in the last couple of years. I definitely have noticed that my console time is severely lacking, But I still want to be able to, you know, have those I mean like I haven't got a PS portal just yet, but you know, like I would love to be able to kind of marry the two. And my big problems with the roger ally right now are the bloody It's it's the user experience. It's I don't enjoy using Windows eleven. I don't even enjoy using Windows eleven on my desktop PC. Sure you know it was pre installed. I like Bluetooth doesn't work. I don't know how to like my PC doesn't have an option to go to sleep anymore.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's I've had that issue before.
Speaker 1: We have you sorted hitting like Windows X and then you and s it brings up like a background.
Speaker 2: Then you just hit Windows X.
Speaker 4: Yeah message you have to, but it's not.
Speaker 3: But I just I love a steam neck, but for me, it is kind of too big to travel with comfortably. Like if I'm just taking carry on, it kind of takes up a lot of the space. But if my my rug ally, it has a nicer form factor. It's better for me ergonomically, it just fits in my bag. And yeah, and if if we just had like if we just fix those little little bits, it would be like the perfect device for me, And so I'm excited about it. I'm also just you know, there is all this talk right now about how much money Xbox is losing. It's losing the console rays. I don't want to ever see Xbox go away. And if they are, you know, experimenting with different avenues to get games in the hands of people, then I think that is great. And obviously people play handheld, people love a handheld, so.
Speaker 1: I mean and this, you know, this does set them up for potential futures. We continue to hear regular regulators around the world talk about opening up walled gardens, and for all that being focused on iOS and Android for quite some time now, it does seem like that eye of souron is kind of glancing over at PlayStation. I can't remember which region in Europe it was. I think it might be the UK was like saying, hey, PlayStation, your digital store pricing is is kind of a it's brushing up against the idea of a monopoly no one else can set prices in your store or you control the store, everyone has to go through you, and so we're looking at maybe you know, not busting you up, but coming in there and really seeing what we can do to open this up a little bit. And that path has continuously led to we are going to let more people put like stores on iOS and on Android so they could just sell apps to you directly.
Speaker 2: Microsoft I think has foreseen this.
Speaker 1: I think Microsoft I wouldn't be surprised, you know, I guess I don't have firsthand knowledge, but my hunch here is that Microsoft is lobbying for that sort of thing across all of these devices.
Speaker 2: They are definite.
Speaker 1: They were definitely like helping Epic out in their fight against iOS and Android for this because Microsoft wants to one day have its store ready to go as an option on PlayStation and doing all the work. I know that's I know that continues to sound crazy, I know it does, but I think that's what Microsoft wants.
Speaker 2: I'm not saying it will happen.
Speaker 1: I think that's what Microsoft wants so long term and ten fifteen years down the road, which Microsoft that's the timeline they're working on.
Speaker 2: Definitely thinks that.
Speaker 1: Maybe as possible but you know, if they do this work now to make sure that their UX is good in a variety of different environments, it can help them. So maybe one day they have to put they can put a store on any advice, including a PlayStation. Maybe that gets them into the situation where it's like, suddenly your PlayStation really is an Xbox.
Speaker 2: And they would like that quite a lot.
Speaker 4: Yeah, at the end of the day, line must go up.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, absolutely, all right, let's get to this next one here speaking of Yeah, this is a boy. Someone in the department's like, we got to figure out some way to tell people the line might go up one day. New copilot for Gaming aims to save you time, help you get good. That is the headline from f Rubinstein at Xbox Wire, which is the official news PR blog blaster Bang for Xbox. Here's how they describe this incredible thing. This morning on the Official Xbox podcast, the Xbox Corporate Vice President of Gaming Ai a real job, Fatima Cardar joined Vice President of Next Generation Jason Ronald to reveal exciting.
Speaker 3: I see President of Next Generation.
Speaker 2: Yes, making this up.
Speaker 1: It's a hell of a title for just like I'm gonna make the next Xbox Jason Ronald to reveal exciting AI powered updates that are coming directly to Xbox players to help you save time. Find AI powered updates that are coming directly to Xbox players to help you I'm sorry, to help you save time, find new games you're likely to love, and even help you ease your back use you back into a game you may have stepped away from. On this podcast, Cardar introduced co Pilot for Gaming, which Xbox Insiders can get an early preview of on mobile soon. This AI driven sidekick is designed to be your personalized gaming companion, helping you get to your favorite games faster, coaching you to improve your skills, and connecting you to better with your friends and communities. Copilot for Gaming will be there when you need it, but out of your way when you don't.
Speaker 2: Okay, I think what they're you know.
Speaker 1: My first sort of reaction here, Lucy, is that remember those built in like videos to help you with completing games that like in the PlayStation five UI when that thing wants.
Speaker 3: So that's the thing. So it's like, it's not just Xbox doing this. Raiza have one and video has one. This is the new Hey, guys, we've got to figure out a way to make AI work for us, Like this is the and like everyone is doing it at the same time. Co Pilot admittedly good name for it. Yeah, let's let's give them something.
Speaker 1: Let's give them like, you know what I think about that is like I was playing Forts the Horizon five the other day and it has that feature where it's like, hey, you hit this down button on the dpad and you tell that game. So version of AI, which is just you know, the programmed AI by the game developers to say, hey, find me a race, Just find me a race. I want a race. I'm driving around like any idiot right now, and I've been having fun doing that, but I'm done with that. I would like to just be in a race. And then the thing I was like, okay, and it charts you a path to the race. If we're talking about that sort of thing of Okay, I'm in a game. I'm in an online multiplayer game and my friend is on the other side of the map, like, hey, can you just telepart me to the other side of the map, Like I you know, yeah, I can figure that stuff out. I've do do it all the time. Sure, no problem. I do have kids that ask me to do that all the time, And I could see that like that, like that's like the skill, Like they're not used to the way these kinds of games work, and there are people that aren't used to that. I could see these things being helpful in that sort of sort of circumstance. I am just skeptical that it really does stop there, or that it is going to be that helpful in a generic way where this thing could just live on the XPO and then be applied to every game. My assumption would be it's gonna be like, well, okay, we don't really know how to help you with the question you're asking the majority of the time. So in theory, I could see some of that's being helpful, but I also just I don't need them to be like, here's here's how you get good. I actually don't think that that's going to be very helpful. And then it's just gonna is it just gonna play for me? I don't know, this seems pretty silly overall.
Speaker 3: I mean this thing so looking at the uh, look at the description that they've put in the xbox Y post. It's less time on tasks like searching down on updating. All of it is with one goal to help you get to play first, connecting players with games they're likely to enjoy. So recommendation algorithm reminding you where you left off on an old favorite.
Speaker 4: What does that mean?
Speaker 3: Like giving you a summary of the story. Copilot for Gaming set to make gaming with Xbox more seamless and personalized. One particularly exciting area, which Carda demonstrated on the podcast, is a future feature of co Pilot for Gaming in game assistance. So players were presented using natural language. Copilot was able to provide situation with specific advice to assist players and overcoming challenges. What does that mean? Does I mean like they said, Hey, how do I beat this level?
Speaker 1: And it gave you It's like, hey, I'm I think what it's saying is is with this co Pilot for Gaming, the end game assistance, you could say, hey, I'm struggling here, co Pilot, I'm struggling with this what should I be doing? And then in natural language, it's like, Okay, I could see you're struggling. You like everyone knows how AI phrases their things. Oh, I could see you're struggling. Let me help you with that.
Speaker 3: Hey, Jim, you dumb.
Speaker 2: Exactly, and then it's okay trying to do my SERI voice.
Speaker 3: Hey Jeff, have you tried not being a dumb piece of ship?
Speaker 1: Yeah, because it's gonna take the content from online where all the message boards say exactly that. Yeah, okay, uh, that is what some people want. It is that is what some people want. They just want, which is why.
Speaker 3: I saw it. The thing I saw ce s was Raiser was it the RAS one and I think it's called Ava, but they had a thing where it was we're watching this guy play League RP of that man, and then they had this AI like just assess his performance and then coach him via AI, right.
Speaker 1: And I think that it like people just want the thing. They just want like the like that's why like when people there's a lot of people who are very good at writing gaming guides and game facts.
Speaker 2: Doctor game Facts is one of them.
Speaker 1: On the internet, and the people that are the best at it are like, don't waste people's time ever. They they just want to play their game. They spent sixty now seventy dollars to play their game.
Speaker 2: And then they're coming to you maybe a hundred.
Speaker 1: Maybe one hundred they're coming to you not because they enjoy your witty, you know, writing or anything like that. They just want the answer that's going to help them get back in their game and keep playing. And so if this is that, sure, But there is of course a cost to this, and that is that a lot of this stuff existed, like the content that this stuff comes from, exists because people came together on the Internet because they want to help each other and they want to build a community, and this is here to mine that content, and then at the same time could be taken away from the reason to want to build these communities in the first place. So it's maybe a self fulfilling prophecy here of destroying the very content it needs to justify its existence in the first place, or to be able to like run run itself in.
Speaker 2: The first place.
Speaker 1: We'll see I always I mean, I'm skeptical of ai is as much as anyone else.
Speaker 2: But it's always like.
Speaker 1: Hey, we could say, hey, look at this thing, how bad it is at this one thing, and then a week later it gets pretty good to that thing. It's always the worst it's going to be today, and it's going to be better at the stuff tomorrow, And so it's like trying to like criticize AI by saying it's not going to be the answer, or it's not gonna be able to do like one specific thing only last until it can do that thing. I think we need to be looking at like the fundamental reasons and like what this is actually replacing and the value we got out of those things more than the problems with AI, because yeah, those are obvious until they go away. Because it does keep improving. It is very early days, not gonna lie.
Speaker 3: It's very interesting watching the AI space right now. Do you see Apple like pulled back on the l M.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean the for Siri like.
Speaker 3: And Microsoft aren't investing in those data centers anymore. It is incredibly interesting.
Speaker 1: To see, right, I mean because that you know, that's the other side of it. They've made some big promises and the costs to accomplish that. Yep, it's it's going to be way more than they were expecting. And then meanwhile, like Deep Sea comes out and really makes them look embarrassing.
Speaker 2: Again, a lot of a lot of embarrassment to go around today.
Speaker 1: All right, up next, we got some updates on some new games that are selling very well. Let's start here with Hello Kitty Island Adventure, which has sold five hundred thousand copies in a month. Very good for that, and that's after being out on Apple RK plus for a very long time, like yeah, yeah, yeah for a while. It's now on like Steam and Switch and everything, and it has found a big audience. People are scooping this game up and playing it, and five hundred thousand in a month is pretty good for that game, I think, especially when that's like you could be an also ran Animal Crossing, I think if people are finding it. No, it's fully featured and a well well fleshed out game. The same time, Split Fiction, the follow up to it takes two from Joseph Feris and his team's over there at Hazlit.
Speaker 2: It's has light right, two million copies in one week.
Speaker 4: Oh, they've updated it already.
Speaker 2: Yeah, this game had an obscene.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they just updated right before we went live, like an obscene number of people playing concurrently on Steam right, it was like something.
Speaker 2: Like four hundred eight four hundred thousand.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you're you're playing it like last week and you're playing more today. Okay, yeah, boy, they've found something that the mark It really wants. People want these kinds of games, and they're the only ones providing it.
Speaker 3: And I know, I'm amazed that even after like I mean, a Way Out in my mind, did not hit as strong as It Takes Two. It Takes Two was a phenomenon, and I guess they obviously benefited from the fact that it was COVID. A lot of people were inside, even you. Obviously you could play it online, but like as a in room, couch cup experience, it was incredible. And then, yeah, I had no doubt that split fiction would do the same, but I'm amazed that no one else is really doing it. The only one I can really think of is and unfortunately they were in the same Game Awards presentation was the one that Hello Games is publishing by the creators of Overcooked, which name escapes me and I feel very terrible, but it's like, yeah, in terms of split screen co op, I'm amazed that haven't been so many more people doing it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean I think that I assumed It Takes Two was an anomal where Okay, yeah, that one sold twenty million copies, but you know, part of the story there. According to Joseph Ferris himself and a lot of the reporting is it caught on in China. It was like very popular in that country specifically, I did very well across the globe. It won Game of the Year, and that helped it like find a new audience. But twenty million copies is crazy, Like most first party PlayStation and Xbox games do not sell that much. You know, that's in the range of like what Super Mario Brothers Wonder has done, for example.
Speaker 2: So that's that's nuts.
Speaker 1: And I'm like, okay, so that one just broke through, and the next one's I'm probably gonna be a disappointment. He is going to be like, man, what were we thinking going back to that well with this same studio kind of doing the same same.
Speaker 2: Idea again, And I couldn't have been more wrong.
Speaker 1: This game is seems like it's on the path to do even better than it takes to and probably is going to be a situation where it's like, no, this actually leads to more sales for it takes too as these games like build this and this, this audience that exists for this exact type of game game, and again, no one else is really making it not like this, at least no.
Speaker 4: Not to this standard at all.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it is a great gamely time.
Speaker 1: Let me let me ask you, do you think like other like Microsoft, you know, all the publishers that has activision things like that, you be soft, God knows what they're thinking, but like other publishers gotta be looking at this to be like, man, maybe we should get on this action.
Speaker 2: Do you think they could.
Speaker 3: In terms of creating their own new one?
Speaker 1: Do you think that they could make a game in the style of a hayes Light game, a narrative, you know, backed platforming to like two player co oper cooperative game that you play side by side. Do you think that they could make one that like really could compete with what hayes Light is doing in a way, like like that way that's like a like cost efficient for them without like getting that like crazy and things like that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Tim is soby Okay, I think I think the next Astrobot should be co or at least have co op. Yeah, in terms of a studio that is exceptional at capturing the magic of like the distilling the pure joy of gaming in a way that I think hayes Like does in a very similar way.
Speaker 2: I my only.
Speaker 3: Yeah, immediately I go to Tamozobie.
Speaker 2: Yep, Scrubb and grubb in chats is bring back Army of two. Ea. There we go. That's what.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's Army of two time once again. All right, here's what we're gonna do.
Speaker 3: Now.
Speaker 2: We're gonna take a quick break, which is gonna come down for the live viewers.
Speaker 1: We'll be right back after this, and we'll be back after these messages if you're listening later.
Speaker 2: All right.
Speaker 1: I don't know if we're gonna fade down for the live audience, so let's get right back into it. PlayStation Portal reportedly adds PlayStation Classics for Cloud streaming beta. This is from Evan Campbell at game Spot. There are apparently over thirty new games available to stream via the cloud on PlayStation Portal without using a PS five and they're all part of the Classic Classics catalog.
Speaker 2: Excuse me.
Speaker 1: A new report states that almost every original PlayStation PSP title that's included with the PlayStation plus premium membership now, according to True Trophies, Sony has silently added to the PlayStation Classics for the PlayStation Portal Cloud game of Cloud Streaming beta, the highly requested feature which removes the requirement of utilizing a PS five arrived in November and remains in beta. The PlayStation Portal owners must opt in, and originally only PS five games part of the PS plus.
Speaker 2: Catalog could be played.
Speaker 1: Now, the library reportedly includes titles like Siphon Filter and.
Speaker 2: Blood. Yeah, I love it. We told you all, we're figuring this out.
Speaker 3: Yeah we figured it out. Oh, Jen, you're doing great. Everyone give give some love to Jen.
Speaker 1: Because yeah, then there's like, yeah, there's like different like uh like delays for like different things on the show.
Speaker 2: It's yeah, it's all crazy. Uh okay.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Hey, PlayStation Portal is the device that's done way better than I think even Sony was expecting. They've said that themselves, so I think they're finding other ways to support that thing to make it feel even more valuable. But I think a lot of people are happy with No. I have my PS five, I'm streaming games to this thing over my network or maybe occasionally outside my house. It works fine enough in some circumstances for some games, and I think, you know, Sony ad and this stuff. Sure, it's a nice it's icing on top, I suppose, but I still don't think people are going to be like begging for that. People are happy with the way that device works as is, right.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean everyone I know who has a PlayStation port really loves it. I feel bad for being I hate, at least at the beginning, but also because you know, I can't play with the Jewel Sense for any long period of time. And I had kind of bad internet in my last place, right, and now I got good internet, So maybe I can live that dream where I'm gaming in different rooms in my house.
Speaker 2: Yeah, give it another shot.
Speaker 1: I continue to use Chiacki for Deck, which is like an open source version of the PlayStation streaming protocol, and that is that's been fantastic. It's sports HDR, which is like a feature I think even the portal doesn't have.
Speaker 2: So that's that's nice, and that's working for me.
Speaker 1: So I'm like, I don't feel a need to get this thing, especially because it doesn't do much else beyond streaming your games.
Speaker 2: But you add this.
Speaker 1: I think what this really signals to me, though, Lucy, is that Sony season opportunity to continue down the pathway of making more devices like this, and as we talked about with Xbox making it's handheld earlier, I think you know, the next PlayStation handheld device is probably a significantly more capable portal.
Speaker 4: Right, yeah, I would see that.
Speaker 3: I mean, like you said, it's taken off in a way that probably PlayStation didn't even expect, they kind of hoped for. And yeah, I mean handhelds man, while you weren't looking handhelds made to return. Yep, I kind of I kind of. I kind of love that. I mean also because I'm I'm in a stage right now where I now live right next to two of my best friends and that's amazing because I can just go and hang out all the time and they can come hang out. But I also feel that, like my gaming is kind of suffering, and so even though we're just watching absolute trash on TV, I was like, I could be gaming at the same time hanging out, and you know, I have to have five drinks on my desk and at least three forms of entertainment going at all times, because god forbid, I'm alone with my own thoughts. But you know what I mean, like I would, Yeah, maybe that is the that is the move, and maybe more people are feeling that, like we got so cooped up and we were so isolated during COVID and now like people are rediscovering the fact that it is just nice being around other people, being out and about and so hey, if you want to take gaming with you, I kind of love that more handhelds are on the market to be able to do that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it feels like maybe somehow when Nintendo combined you know, it's handheld and it's home console into one thing that it like, you know, even though that like really does dominate handheld gaming mostly, it also weirdly created a space for more experimentation. Like no one's like, Okay, we're not going to make our own PSP, We're not going to make our own Atari links or game gear. The days of making those kinds of devices probably are mostly over. But can we make Can we take what's happening in PC with laptops getting very efficient, well, yeah, that worked with the Steam deck and streaming is getting pretty good. Can we make that makes sense? Yeah, that's working as well. It's like, oh wait, there still are a ton of people that want these kinds of games that only we make or only we provide, and they want it on a device where they can, like you said, maybe just hang out in the family room while someone else is watching a TV show or like I do. I like, you know, I'll sit in the family room with the kids playing something on the TV, or they're you know, watching Gabby's Dollhouse, and I'll just want to be around him, and so I don't want to go.
Speaker 2: I don't want to go to the basement by myself and play a game. I feel bad listening.
Speaker 3: Like when I lived with the Millers, you know, we would be watching stuff on the big TV. In order to for Greg to be able to play anything on PlayStation because if Jen and I were watching murder documentaries.
Speaker 4: Or whatever it was, he would be watching le.
Speaker 3: Greg would have to set up a small screen he had, like a travel screen that he had that worked for the PlayStation five, worked for the Xbox, and he would just set it up on the floor and have to sit there. And looking back, it was kind of ridiculous, Like that was the that was the solution that we had to do because we obviously didn't have Oh man, when I lived with my ex, we had two TVs in the living room.
Speaker 1: Oh I was just gonna ask, I was gonna ask, how do you feel about that? Because I definitely approached the subject with my wife before where I was like, hey, what if instead of this one big TV in the mirdle, two slightly smaller TV side by side.
Speaker 2: Oh no, man, we.
Speaker 3: Had two big boys.
Speaker 2: I mean it was still like the one we had.
Speaker 1: There's like a seventy five inches and like two sixty five inch TV side by side, ready to go.
Speaker 2: I'm like, I mean what you think.
Speaker 3: Could do is you could have like one big TV and then you could have one kind of smaller TV above it on a on a on a thing. So I don't know, Matt, we were both gamers, okay, like you know, so it kind of it made sense at the time. It esthetically, yeah.
Speaker 2: It's a lot.
Speaker 1: I feel like, if you're gonna you might as well have nine and just be like like a weird scene from a nineties hacking movie or something like that.
Speaker 3: Or like when you go into a one of the sports bars in Vegas. Yes, the whole wall of stuff.
Speaker 2: Huh.
Speaker 3: Yeah when when picture and pictures you think, I'm so mad. So my TV has picture and picture right, And I was like, dude, Xbox Snap is back. I can have my I can have stuff in the corner while I'm playing games.
Speaker 1: This is circle you just activated so many connects by saying that.
Speaker 3: But now, but it doesn't. It doesn't work like there is some HDMI thing. It just it just does not acknowledge the fact that my PlayStation on my Xbox and my PC is and it refuses to play. It refuses to play my Netflix app on my YouTube app. How else am I going to watch my Elden Wring speed runs.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 1: There's no other way to do that. That's unfortunately, that's the only way.
Speaker 3: I mean, I could get a laptop and just put it yep next, Yeah, I mean, that's that is what I.
Speaker 2: Do a lot of times.
Speaker 3: Five hawks is added a PITP mode to its web browser.
Speaker 4: Ooh man, all right, yeah, I'm back to five bucks.
Speaker 1: The picture and picture thing just activates for me automatically in some of my browsers, the opera GYX, the gamer browser does.
Speaker 2: That for me. Sometimes does that for me. It like does that against my will, And I'm always like, go back to the tab I hate you. Please.
Speaker 1: All right, let's see here, let's continue on with uh where were we at? Yes, Defiance, the video game that tied into a TV show, is coming back to life.
Speaker 2: This is from Eddie McCoo at GameSpot.
Speaker 1: Yes, the mmo Defiance, which was shut down in twenty twenty one, is coming back to life for anyone unaware. Defiance was a third person shooter MMO from Tryon Worlds that was developed as a tie in for the sci fi show of this same name, with events and storylines running across the game and the TV show like they were supposed to interact with one another.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: It launched twenty two.
Speaker 3: Yes, first, is it the first trans media property?
Speaker 4: Really?
Speaker 2: I mean the first one that worked in this specific way? Definitely? Yes, It launched in twenty thirteen.
Speaker 1: Is a paid game for PCPs three and Xbox Xbox three sixty I should say before adopting a free to play model, and continue to receive updates even after the TV show was canceled in twenty fifteen. A new version of the game, Defiance twenty fifty, came out in twenty eighteen, but both games shut down servers in twenty twenty one. Now Defiance is getting something of a comeback. Fox a not Fox Fox is a gaming company whose mission is to breathe life into old worlds and preserve their legacy. Has announced plans to bring Defiance back following a deal with the previous rights owner, Amigo. It's got to be Gomgo, even though the TV Tommy Tylrico's Gomigo. Even though the TV series was continued in twenty fifteen and gome Ego eventually closed the game in twenty twenty one, the memories of epic art falls and immersive post apocalyptica battles live on in your hearts. Fox said, all right, Yeah, that's a weird way to put it, because it's like if you were trying to convince people that you were like into this when you say lives on in our hearts, like it lives in on your hearts, and we're gonna get your money for it.
Speaker 2: Sure, yeah, hey, this is weird.
Speaker 1: But also I like this idea as like a business model of let's go take some old games and bring them back and let the you know, ten thousand people that might maybe want to like get in here and like really love this idea come and do that.
Speaker 2: I mean, I don't know.
Speaker 1: I think it makes some sense, but I'm personally probably not going to be checking out Defiance.
Speaker 2: I don't know, how about you, Lucy.
Speaker 3: No, I don't think so. Yeah, I mean I remember like previewing that game and stuff back in the day.
Speaker 2: Yep, getting PR emails about it for a couple of.
Speaker 3: Years, a lot of PR emails about it.
Speaker 2: Yep. I mean it was. It was.
Speaker 1: I think I've watched a couple I watched a couple of episodes of Defiance on the sci Fi Channel that's s y f Y for people who maybe don't have the sci Fi channel.
Speaker 2: It was in the TV show.
Speaker 3: Was it a Nathan Fillion joint? No, it was adjacent.
Speaker 1: It was a diet Nathan Fillion, Yes, absolutely, absolutely, Yeah. It was you know, like a sort of frontier town in space.
Speaker 2: That sort of idea TV.
Speaker 4: Who was it?
Speaker 2: Yeah? There was, there was. I feel like there were some actual actors in of course. Man, I'm such a bola head.
Speaker 3: Uh, Jamie Murray is the only actors who I recognize.
Speaker 2: I mean, it was a sci fi TV show.
Speaker 1: That's yeah, three seasons. Yeah, no, I mean I think it. You know, it did all right. It wasn't a far Escape or whatever for them.
Speaker 4: But it did nothing so far Escape.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you've got to have that tints in magic.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, that's that's all right. And yeah, so this I guess is going to come back. We'll see I will be interested in. I'll be interested to see if we get more pr emails. Firstly, that's where that's where I'm most invested in, Lucy.
Speaker 3: I'm sending ma filter.
Speaker 1: A STARFOCKX spiritual successor was announced from the original programmer. This is from matt Leone at Polygon. I gotta say the most surprising thing to me about this was at Leone's still at Polygon. He's been there since the beginning. Shout out to matt Leone. Announced Wednesday during the Humble Games Showcase, a developer, Too High Labs, the studio founded by original Starfox programmer Giles Goddard, is working on a STARFUCKX spiritual successor called Wild Blue. Shown in a brief teaser trailer and detailed via a press release and a Steam page.
Speaker 2: The game will be.
Speaker 1: A rail shooter, complete with animal pilots, dogfights, boss battles, and blue skies. Soar over oceans, desert ridges and perilous caves, battling waves of enemies and pushing back the baron's forces. Sounds very starfucks, Lucy. I guess my question to you is there's this is not the first one of these star star Fox likes we've seen recently, We've gotten quite a few of these. I think it's very cool to get one from someone who worked on the original that's kind of going for exactly Starfox. But it makes me begin to feel like, oh, maybe Nintendo's right that just bringing back Star Fox and making another Star Fox is not enough anymore, because it does feel maybe a dime a dozen at this point.
Speaker 3: Is they maybe they got wind that Nintendo is making a new star Fox and they're trying to ride this train.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's definitely possible as well.
Speaker 3: Again, I don't know if Nintendo is alwaysn't, but like kind of weird that there's so many from coming out and being announced.
Speaker 1: I I think that, uh, I would like Star Fox to come back, but I do think it's time it gets like the Breath of the Wild equivalent, where you take the idea and you amp it up and maybe you know, I you know not it doesn't have to be like open world or something like that, or you know, flying around an open planet. Although I think that idea worked really well in that it was that you be soft toys the life game where you could build your space.
Speaker 3: I know, exactly what you mean.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and you could.
Speaker 1: Actually get an R wing in there, and our wing is the ship from Star Fox. So I think something like that could be very cool. But you know, with that Nintendo salt on top, that really makes it that extra flavorful.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 3: Want to hear me out and hear me out here?
Speaker 2: Please?
Speaker 3: What about reimagining Star Fox for the TikTok generation.
Speaker 2: Boy, that's gotta work, right, That's just has to work.
Speaker 1: That's the brilliant That's just the Lucy James brilliance we bring you on the show for for Starlink was the name of that game, Reno, Thank you.
Speaker 2: I appreciate it all right, Sticky with Nintendo.
Speaker 1: Nintendo San Francisco store will open in May with exclusive products only available in this location.
Speaker 2: This is fir Andy Robinson at VGC. But really, I'm.
Speaker 3: About to become so popular.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Lucy, what are you doing?
Speaker 1: May fifteenth? I just need you to pick up something for me. It's gonna have items exclusive to this store.
Speaker 3: Oh, Jordan Middler, Hey, big man, Hey, big man, where are you staying in Tokyo? Which Pokemon store are you next to? And then he was like, can you get me these things, and I try to get every every gift that I tried to get from the Pokemon Store, from the Nintendo Store. I even try to get the pop up Moduma all sold out alsold out. I went to the Pokemon Center over in Shibuya, like twenty minutes after it opened, that little Pikachu ship had already already sold out.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, and I think you know what this is gonna be, like, right, this is gonna be a nightmare as well. It's gonna I mean, especially when you say items exclusive to this store. But a line at the door first thing every morning, when those things drop, that's just what.
Speaker 2: It's gonna be.
Speaker 4: Like Wait in Union Square.
Speaker 2: Is that what it says?
Speaker 3: Yeah, but like which store? Nintendo Store Square.
Speaker 2: Yeah, maybe it's replacing.
Speaker 4: Oh here we go.
Speaker 3: Nintendo put out a release three three one Powell.
Speaker 2: Okay, all right, we're gonna get We're gonna docks the store. Everybody what we do on?
Speaker 3: Oh hey, this is on this is on the Ninto dot com. They put that on that what did it used to be? Oh it's right next to Victoria's Secret.
Speaker 2: Okay, it's a cool shopping in one go.
Speaker 3: Uh No, So there's the Macy's with the famed cheesecake factory on the top, there's an Apple store, there's Victoria's Secret and now Nintendo store. That, I mean, honestly cool.
Speaker 4: I'm super excited.
Speaker 2: What do you say? Thank you?
Speaker 1: Popin jan All right, let's let's wrap up the show. Just a couple more stories here. Sony banned Jonah Hill from using a PlayStation in that uh in super Bad. See they someone asked Seth Rogain, Hey, what's the weirdest note you ever got on a movie? And he said that the executives that Sony hated Jonah Hill's character so much in super Bad.
Speaker 2: They found him so so.
Speaker 1: Vile that the note that they got was he is not allowed to play the PlayStation in that scene where where what's his name is Michael Sarah was playing like Call of Duty or whatever.
Speaker 2: Yeah, They're like, Joe hellis.
Speaker 1: Just be walking around he does, don't even look at the PlayStation, don't even acknowledge it.
Speaker 2: Yes, yeah, and.
Speaker 3: Yet Kevin Spacey's character and a House of Cards, big PSVDA fan.
Speaker 2: Just a number one Vita ambassador.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and there's nothing get Yeah, Sony loves Kevin Spacey.
Speaker 2: It's crazy.
Speaker 1: All right, Assassin's Creed Shadows willupport steam Deck at release is more of a PSA. You know, I'm at a point now, three years on from the steam Deck where I assume new games won't work, and especially like you know, when I get like review games and things like that, I'm never like, oh, I should just play it on a steam Deck first.
Speaker 2: Usually they say don't do that. So it's like this game I'm like.
Speaker 1: Looking forward to it, I'm like, oh, yeah, I guess I'll just stream that to my steam Deck from the PC. But no, they're saying that it should work, although they are still awaiting the classification, the specific class classification from Valve. Where it's like, is that the green check mark which just says it works with the caveats? Is it the yellow Where it's like it could be something as simple as the text is a little small, or you have to really finagle the setting to get this thing to run in a way that is acceptable, although that is encompassed in that middle setting. And then let's see PlayStation Plus Extra and Premium are getting one of twenty twenty four's best platformers next week. This is from Jordan Miller at VGC Sony has announced PlayStation Plus Extra and Premium games for March. The games, which include releases on PS five, PS four, PSVR two, and the Classics Catalog, will be available from next week. Headlining the list for PlayStation Extra and Premium members is Ubisoft's Prince of Persia The Lost Ground.
Speaker 2: As well as EA's UFC five.
Speaker 1: Both games, along with the rest of the list, will be available on March eighteenth. They'll be joined by Captain Subasa, Rise of the New Champions. That's a good game, Mobile Suit, Gundam, Battle Operation, Code Ferry Arcade, Paradise, Bang On Balls, Chronicles all Right, you suck yep, you suck at Parking and Siberia The World Before. So yeah, pretty good list of games there. Definitely check out Prince of Persia if you've not, everybody.
Speaker 3: Check out Prince of Persia. Oh my god, what a game.
Speaker 2: Yep.
Speaker 1: Notable that that took like a year to come to PlayStation Plus and Dragon Age got there in four months.
Speaker 2: That's uh yeah.
Speaker 1: Also yep, oh yeah, Prince Spur and yeah, I think it was right. I think when we were talking about yeah, we were right about that. When we were talking about it, and it was like, wait, I think this is the one everyone just every time it comes up, everyone was like, yeah, that game rules.
Speaker 2: There was like no one being like, well, so.
Speaker 3: Good because every person had like their game yep.
Speaker 4: And then we all disagreed on Prince of Persia.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, I love that game. All right.
Speaker 1: That does it for the headlines. Let's get over to the poll question.
Speaker 2: Let's see you.
Speaker 1: I have it right over here in my gamer browser, ready to grow go.
Speaker 2: Have you ever played Katamari Demasi?
Speaker 1: This game came out a long time ago, and I got to say, I think this is maybe the most telling pole we've ever had, Lucy. For this audience, sixty five percent of respondents of the nearly three thousand people that filled out this pole have played Katamari.
Speaker 2: Only thirty five percent have not.
Speaker 1: I mean, I know that's it is a popular franchise among gamers, but it's not one that's like that really I think is a household name. Uh So, I think our audience true hardcore gamers, Lucy, as I've always said, Yeah, the truth, the truest gamers, a very engaged audience is what is how I would phrase it in a pitch deck to advertisers.
Speaker 2: Uh that's uh.
Speaker 1: That's yesterday's poll. We have a new poll coming up here pretty soon. In the meantime, Lucy James, why don't you tell people what you have going on, what you've been working on, where people could find you on the internet, all that good stuff.
Speaker 3: So we recorded Bizek that is going up tomorrow, I believe. So we're only a couple episodes into Oppositik Guidan on Jeff Justice Our Adventure. Uh, if you want to come and experience it. Jeff has no idea, Baca has no idea where it goes.
Speaker 2: That's incredible and.
Speaker 3: It's it's taking all of my energy not to be like pulling faces and whatever. Whenever it's gonna be okay, I don't think so, I think we I feel I kind of feel bad, but it's one of the greatest stories I ever told, so whatever. We also, Tam and I are going to be playing more of split fiction after we've got the game Spot show up next, and then we'll be playing more split fiction, and then after that we got Voicemail done.
Speaker 2: Voicemail dump truck. Yeah yeah, I should.
Speaker 3: Be so yeah yeah, And tomorrow we're playing.
Speaker 1: Repo right yep, yeah, Repo on on Professional Fridays, everybody. We were going to do that on Grebscammix, but we saved that for UPF so we can get more people involved. Looking forward to that, that should be we should have a whole six person crew ready to go and play that. Looking forward.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm doing so. You're gonna see a new setup for me because I'm in the middle of painting my office, so I'm actually gonna set it up. I'm going to set up like a random camera just in my living.
Speaker 2: Room, Randy cam all right, let's go.
Speaker 1: Randy Pittwick camp in my living You don't want that, You really don't want that, all right?
Speaker 2: New poll question? Have you ever played the Elder Scrolls for Oblivion? Yes? Or no?
Speaker 1: I expect most people probably have, but looking forward to this, I'll.
Speaker 2: Be surprised if you seen that.
Speaker 3: Have you ever seen that with the tidy tim song in Oblivion? I don't know if I have the Tiptoe through the Tulips one, because that is.
Speaker 2: Okay, have you ever seen that as well? Put that in the comments let us know.
Speaker 1: We'll get to that poll question on tomorrow's show of Game Breaking News.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna remember to say that every time I will never sit there.
Speaker 4: I said a game mess mornings like sometimes.
Speaker 1: It don't have Uh yeah on game Breaking News tomorrow here on the Power Block, which you know, once again is a collaboration between Game Spot and Giant Bomb, and we're gonna just keep doing it, everybody. Uh on that episode we will have I think tomorrow Sin should be back.
Speaker 2: I believe I'm looking forward to it.
Speaker 1: In the meantime, though, Lucy James, thank you so much for hanging out with me today and talk about video games.
Speaker 2: I really appreciate it.
Speaker 4: Thank you. Highlight of the week.
Speaker 1: Thank you everyone in the background that's made this happen. Thank you Jan and Jean Luke for helping figure this out. We're gonna get all this stuff stitched together even better than today going forward. Everybody, but thank you for watching and listening at home. We are gonna just keep making this stuff for you. We really do like doing it. That's why we put so much work into it. So the fact you all keep showing up to watch and listen means the world. So tune in for the Power Block every day and then just keep it on watch. There's gonna be something fun happening on your screen and cool people doing it, so we really appreciate everyone coming along on the ride with us. All right, have a good one, take care of yourself and goodbye.