Speaker 1: Welcome to another episode of the Chicks on the Right podcast where we talked to our friend and sponsor of the show, Zach Abraham from Bulwark Capital Management. And Zach is very well acquainted with another friend of the show, Brandy Cruz, who we've had on our show before. And apparently there is some stuff going on in your crazy town.
Speaker 2: Tell us all about it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, sure, yeah, no, so you know this report from the belly of the Beast, right.
Speaker 4: So, so, Brandy's a really good friend of mine.
Speaker 3: Actually it's funny because we met through a common friend of ours, a local radio legend, God Rest his soul, a guy by the name of Dory Monson who really took took a personal interest in Bulwark when we first got started, and offered to sponsor us because he was he.
Speaker 4: Was the kind of guy that.
Speaker 3: Saw love to love to find people that he saw potential in and and you know, kind of like sponsor them, you know what I mean. And so he literally sponsored us and put his name behind it and became a client of Bulwork and had a huge reason for our success. And I'll always love him for it. And anyway, he helped get Brandy her start in journalism. And so when he passed, it was kind of a natural coming together of Brandy and I and I started working with her. So I'm on her podcast once a week and that was I and I introduced you guys to her. Is that how you met her was through me?
Speaker 1: It has been actually because we followed each other on X but I think it sort of took you being the connection point that finally got us together.
Speaker 4: Right, Yeah, and she's awesome. She would become really good buddy.
Speaker 3: As a matter of fact, she's coming over my house for dinner I think in a week or two. But so, anyway, so we started, we got involved in this tax, this fight against the income tax, and I went out on her podcast and said that if this income tax stands, I'll be leaving. And that started off kind of a firestorm, and two local radio guys wrote One wrote an op ed for the New York Post, one wrote an op ed for Fox News, and they.
Speaker 4: Both interviewed me for it.
Speaker 3: About two and a half to three weeks after those interviews drop, I got hit by an audit by the state, and you know, at first, I went, boy, that's interesting timing, right, I've owned a business in this state for eleven years, I've never been audited. And one of the reasons why is because our business, as it relates the taxes we pay, is extraordinarily simple, meaning they can just look at our tax return and know exactly what we like. It's impossible for us to hide it, and it just is what it is, right, It's not for my particular business. It's not convoluted, and so there's just not a lot to dig in there. You can just did they pay it or not? Right, And so of course we always paid it and so we so first, the first thing that kind of tipped me off was when you opened the notice. It was postmark for April seventh, and I had to tell April thirteenth to respond with the documents.
Speaker 4: Or I would be audited.
Speaker 3: Like gosh, yeah, well, and we were gone on spring break, and so I got this notice on like April twelve. Oh, you know, you're like, and you're like, and then they're like, we've sent other things asking for these documents by certified mail, and I go, well, the funny thing about certified mail is there's a record of it, and we didn't receive it, so you're lying.
Speaker 4: And then they said they called our office.
Speaker 3: Multiple times, but got hung up on and I went, that's interesting, as we literally have a service to where a human being answers our phone twenty four hours a day, and we have call logs. You know how many call logus we look through the call logs, how many calls we got from the state?
Speaker 4: None?
Speaker 2: Zero, Right, So they're.
Speaker 4: Lying out of the gate.
Speaker 3: And then so then we get the actual requests for documents, and a bunch of them appear normal. And then you see payments to Brandy Cruz in there, and I go, that's that has nothing to do.
Speaker 4: With my excise taxes.
Speaker 3: And then there's another one to a friend of mine who also has a conservative podcast, and he is a Washington guy but moved to Idaho not too long ago. They want information on what I paid him. So quickly you went, okay, this is another lie. You're not looking into my excise taxes. This doesn't no matter what happens, no matter what I paid Brandy, it's not subject to my ex it doesn't it doesn't factor into my excise tax So what are we doing? So I finally called my CPN. I said, don't send him another document. They could talk to my attorney and and so and right, when this audit happens is when Brandy gets sued by a non affiliated of course they're not politically connected group, alleging that all of her appearances for this group, Let's Go Washington, that I'm that I'm involved with, that I'm the chairman of fundraising for to Fight the Income Tax, that every time she appears at one of our events or talks with one of us, that that should be considered campaign contributions.
Speaker 4: Okay, well, well.
Speaker 2: For what campaign? Right exactly for.
Speaker 3: Let's Go Washington. They're saying that we should be paying for her involvement. But if that's the only legal way for her to be involved, then what they're asserting is that she does not have freedom of speech right right, and so, so this has been adjudicated in the state before, and it's been deep six.
Speaker 4: They know that it's a loser. They just want to jammer up with.
Speaker 3: Warfare, and they're trying to use my tax information to do it.
Speaker 2: They're pretty good. This is what they do best, right it is.
Speaker 3: And you guys call me naive, but as a law abiding, tax paying citizen who has lived here all my life and to watch the government illegally a coming after you and illegally going after your friends.
Speaker 4: It's shocking.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's shocking.
Speaker 4: And like I told you.
Speaker 2: Too a little bit. I mean it's going to be scary in a way, right, I mean, you got the right people.
Speaker 5: But I know, because I've done nothing wrong, you shouldn't be scared. And I know I get that notion, I get it. But the government is so powerful, which it shouldn't be, but it's so powerful that it's like we can ruin your life if we want to.
Speaker 2: Ye, this is why people get to get to freaked out about taxes.
Speaker 4: Yeah, scared is not I'm pissed. I'm pissed. Yeah, And look I'm not.
Speaker 3: I'm not trying to be like some like macho like like hero type or anything like that. But fear is one of the things that got us here, right, People an afraid, people being afraid to stand up and call bullshit what.
Speaker 4: It is is what got us here.
Speaker 3: And if if everybody is constantly afraid of them being able to take away what we have, then will end up with nothing anyway, like and and so for lack of a better and I'm not saying that I may not regret this as some point, but I don't think I will, because even if they could take everything from me, at least I can look at my children and sashad on principle, Yeah, and there's things more important than money, you know, And I just and then remember, and it's not just what they're doing economically, it's what they're doing with the money too, Right, how many children are going to have to be injured by their you know, how many kids are going to be taken from their parents?
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 3: I was watching more stories of the school recently almost fully transitioning a kid over the course of six months and lying to the parents about it the entire time.
Speaker 1: Oh my gosh, Well, and you know you're not going to get any help from your mayor because she's a complete lunatic.
Speaker 4: Oh my god. No, It's just it's really sad.
Speaker 3: And so we're we're we're in it, though, I'm I'm throwing money and resources at the fight.
Speaker 4: And sometimes sometimes.
Speaker 3: You wonder, if it's one of the things that I've kind of battled with, is is.
Speaker 4: This all for not?
Speaker 3: Meaning, if we success fully beat the income tax, are we just prolonging the inevitable?
Speaker 4: Right?
Speaker 2: Like?
Speaker 4: Meaning until the voters in this state wake up and.
Speaker 3: Realize that, hey, guys, you don't need to put a Maga hat on, and you don't need to love Donald Trump to not do things that are insane in the exactly.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and people go illegal, what are you talking? This income tax?
Speaker 3: There is a line in our state constitution that says you cannot pass a tax on income or properties selectively to any group. Meaning the interpretation is if you do that, it must be uniform against all people and cannot exceed one percent. Okay, so the tax that they are putting up is an I mean, it's not even close, right, I mean, you know what I mean, there's no interpretation.
Speaker 4: You can't do what you're doing. That's that's what the constitution says.
Speaker 3: And then everybody's like, well, the State Supreme Court want, I'll pulled it, and I from the very beginning I said, yeah they will. Who Bob Ferguson is the State Supreme Court. He appointed half the people on there, right, like, of course it will. And sure enough Supreme Court basically they haven't ruled on it, but they they ruled on it to the point where it they it made us go the most difficult, most expensive route we had to go. The referendum route as opposed to the initiative route in Washington, and so basically the state rubber stamped it and all.
Speaker 4: And it's illegal and that's the other part.
Speaker 3: And they're and and all of this. They're defending democracy. Yeah, they're defending democracy from.
Speaker 5: Troll right, It's like it's allllegal. We're seeing illegal stuff like this happen all that. Like, we're seeing a lot of crap in California right now, I know where. It's just like, we're going to do all these things that are blatantly illegal, and what do you do about it?
Speaker 3: And guys, like the sad part about it is that I said this regarding the state coming after me and coming after Brandy, that I'm not surprised that there was somebody in the room that was good with that. What I am surprised and shocked by is that nobody in the room wasn't you know what I mean? Like where where was that thing? Because if the roles were reversed, we'd never do that. We'd say, no, we don't agree with them, but we're not going after private citizens.
Speaker 2: That is illegal.
Speaker 3: It is wrong and it is anti democratic. And it's like I always think about the ACLU when they went up to Skokie, Illinois and defended the right for the Nazi Party to march through the streets. Right, that is democracy. That is the defense of freedom of speech. That I will stand up for your right to say something that I find a port.
Speaker 4: That's like the best of America, right, like in my opinion.
Speaker 3: And now you look at it and we're celebrating the absolute inverse.
Speaker 4: Of that, and it's just it's terrifying.
Speaker 3: Like you want to look at people and go, guys, if you get what you want, but in the process torch the constitution or torch or have to break the law in order to get it, we all lose.
Speaker 4: We all lose.
Speaker 2: They don't care. They just want power. That's all they care about.
Speaker 5: It's all power and no kings and right, king, that's right exactly.
Speaker 2: But you can be a king of your retirement. Oh my god, look at our guess right.
Speaker 4: You missed your cal you missed your.
Speaker 2: But even I am embarrassed. I'm embarrassed.
Speaker 4: And now if you call that, Wait, there's more.
Speaker 1: You can be a king of your retirement if you have a good financial advisor and you just happen to be one of those really really good financial advisors have the best. Find out more about you.
Speaker 3: You're too sweet, Well, go to Boardcapitalmanagement dot com. And and if you want to know how we do things and how we think, you can watch our podcast every single day, Know your Risk Podcast, thirty to forty minute summation of everything that's happened important and economic and finance that day. And yeah, we'll not ho to find Broworkcapitalmanagement dot com.
Speaker 4: Know your Risk Podcast not tough to find us.
Speaker 2: Awesome, Thank you, say thank you.
Speaker 4: Zach, Thank you guys. Investment advisory services offered through check Financial, LLCY and SEC registered investment advisor. Investments involved risk and are not guaranteed.
Speaker 1: Past performance does not guarantee future results.
Speaker 4: Trek twenty six one O three