Speaker 1: This is the JB and Sandy Show on Austin's eighty station one oh three point one, streaming on the iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 2: We're taking a little vacation, so we're off today, but we hope you'll enjoyed this from earlier this year. All right, thanks for being with us. My name is Sandy, This is JB. Hello, and Tricia's here too. Hi everybody, and away we go. And I want to start out this is a really funny but incredibly relatable clip that I got off of Instagram. And I think every guy has had a conversation really similar to this with his wife. I know Tricia and I have, and she's pointed it out a couple times about how guys just don't get all the details of things that are going on when they come back and tell their wives.
Speaker 3: Here's a great example of it. I told my wife.
Speaker 4: I'm like, hey, my buddy Jordan got engaged, and she goes, oh my gosh, tell me everything I just did. I told you everything that I learned from that conversation, and she's like, no, like, how did they get engaged?
Speaker 3: How did he propose?
Speaker 5: I didn't ask We don't ask.
Speaker 4: Each other those questions I don't even know how old he is, and she goes, why don't guys ask each other more questions like we do you know?
Speaker 5: Like I asked him.
Speaker 4: I was like, hey, are you sure. Now, as far as that conversation, I learned what I needed to learn. Number One, he's engaged. Number two the date of the bachelor party. I want to need to know basis and if Jordan's not going to volunteer that information to me, which he didn't, Thank god, I don't need to know.
Speaker 3: So Okay, thanks by.
Speaker 2: It's great to know. Guys, we're not alone in this. We're not alone in this. Because I've gone through this with Trisha more than once.
Speaker 6: I just don't understand why is there no curiosity about Like the biggest example is when you're like, yeah, so and so had their baby. They had their baby. I go, oh my god, what was it? And you're like, I don't know. I didn't And I'm like, oh my god, that's the number one question, and you I don't know how your brain isn't interested in that information.
Speaker 3: Short attention spans.
Speaker 2: That's why, because it's probably from talking to the whoever having a baby to the fact that the Dallas Stars won last night. You know what I mean, It's just like that fast it happens.
Speaker 3: JB. I know you've gone through the same thing.
Speaker 5: Oh, I know. It's it's funny.
Speaker 7: I joke that now if I'm catching up with someone, I need to just record it and then I have AI do a summary. But it's like a couple of my old college buddies and I got together last fall and we took a trip up to Palladero Canyon and my wife's like, what do you guys talk about? And I'm like, nothing, Really, you spend about the first five minutes catching up, you know, and it's not much. It's it's more of a courtesy, like how the kids. Yeah, we don't even ask how the spouses are doing.
Speaker 2: You know what, Jamie, I think. I'm sorry. I think this is a great example. Like guys, let's say guys spend an hour together, right, guys will have in one hour they will cover thirty different topics of what's going on.
Speaker 3: What they're talking about.
Speaker 6: Girls one, y'all are ahead one girl headliners one, Yeah, that's what it is, y'all. Just read the headlines. Girls, read the whole article.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we'll just cover thirty things that have happened or thirty different conversations and the girls will have.
Speaker 8: One, is there ever?
Speaker 6: And then he said this to me, and then somebody else goes and then what did you say?
Speaker 8: And then the other.
Speaker 6: Person that's what a whole girl's conversation is, and then he said what and then who said that? Like, we have to like get the whole picture. Y'all just want the summary, don't you.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we do.
Speaker 2: I think that's so weird. I mean, we are we are ex and you are novels. That's yeah, is right, You're right. It's just the way that it is. So but we're not going to change. But when I saw that clip, I was like, I'm glad it's not just me. No, And now I try to Maybe I'll make an effort. When I'm talking to someone and they tell me that they someone's having a baby, I'll find out if it.
Speaker 3: Was a boy or girl.
Speaker 6: When you're talking about babies, I need to know if as a boy or girl, and I need to know the name. And also with dogs, I need to know the dogs' names. Very important information for me. That's funny.
Speaker 7: If I go to get coffee, like with my wife, we'll walk down to South Congress and I'll bump into people that I see all the time at the coffee shop, and I only know I don't know their names.
Speaker 5: I just know what kind of motorcycle or car they drive.
Speaker 8: At their pet.
Speaker 7: And my wife will be real curious because I'll be like, you know, I'll say hi to someone and she'll be like, who's that, And I go, I don't know his name.
Speaker 5: He has a really cool Dakati motorcycle. That's how you know.
Speaker 7: That's we just live on this surface level. And yeah, and life is easier that way.
Speaker 2: And it's the same way with me when I walk on the Brushy Creek trail.
Speaker 3: I know people.
Speaker 2: I see the same people and know they're they're dog's names, but I don't know name. Like by the way, Triss, I ran into Mini.
Speaker 8: Oh is she fine?
Speaker 3: She just cancer?
Speaker 2: Oh Many a little dog Many Australian shepherd that we see on the walk all the time, and she's been going back and forth to College Station to go to get her cancer treatments there. They're the best boy. And that's the truth. That's when you love your aggies when your dogs are sick. Yeah, right, the animals are sick you put all all prejudice aside.
Speaker 7: I think even when Beavo's sick, they've gone to college station.
Speaker 8: Do you no, really.
Speaker 7: I don't quote me on that, but I think I mean odds are well, Yeah, a large animal veterinarian in Texas is going to be an aggie. Yeah, yeah, I think I think that long Arms even put their pride side in that scenario.
Speaker 6: You know what, I think that's amazing. I love that they're like, nope, that's an animal involved.
Speaker 8: Everybody just step back.
Speaker 2: And all the aggies when they need dental work, they come to you. And that's that's that's really often. Sorry, I couldn't resist. You know, my daughter's gonna end up at a and am I'm gonna be eating all these words?
Speaker 8: Yeah you are. Yeah, I'm gonna be doing in the stands.
Speaker 2: I'll be the sawn them off guy and the stands at the football games and the whole thing.
Speaker 3: So she's got kind of got her heart set on that. I hope it works out.
Speaker 1: This is the JB and Sandy Show on Austin's eighty station one o three point one, streaming on the iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 3: Hey it's Sandy.
Speaker 2: We're taking the day off, but we would still love you to follow us on Instagram at the Sandy Show Official and don't forget you can grab the Sandy Show Podcast where you get your podcast enjoy this from earlier this year, got a new fancy intro for you. Tricia, Okay, our buddy Chip, our computer man, our software man.
Speaker 3: He put one together for us.
Speaker 6: If I'm not mistaken, Chip put together our care don't Care jingle too.
Speaker 8: Didn't he you.
Speaker 3: Are not mistaken? Did do? And he put this together just for you.
Speaker 8: Slices. I love it, I do do.
Speaker 6: I feel like it's very yeah man, yeah, very your rock and roll all right, So San, just to recap, we mentioned a minute ago the fish door bell. Every year, at a certain time of year, some kind of fish swims upstream and they have to go through a city in Amsterdam where there's a lock.
Speaker 8: Well, they just to.
Speaker 2: Go through a city a lock in Amsterdam. Amsterdam is a city. You said a city in Amsterdam.
Speaker 8: Oh sorry, sorry, the city where there is a lock.
Speaker 6: Anyway, what would happen is so many fish would get all piled up at this loock when it was closed, that the guy who runs the lock would have to keep checking put a camera down there and attached.
Speaker 8: A doorbell, and I'm using quoting fingers.
Speaker 6: You could live stream looking in the camera through the camera in the water by the lock, and when a bunch of fish were piled up, you can interact with the lock guy and ring the doorbell and let him know it was time to go.
Speaker 8: Let some fish go through.
Speaker 6: Millions of people watched the fish camera. Yeah I did, Yeah, I mean it was incredible and people waiting to ring the doorbell.
Speaker 8: Here's a new version of it. The Great Moose Migration has begun.
Speaker 6: It is a twenty four seven live stream in Sweden produced by a public broadcaster, and it follows the moose as they go through their annual spring journey across this Angerman River in northern Sweden. It launched in twenty nineteen, but it keeps getting more and more popular every year, and over nine million viewers watched the live stream cameras last year. And it literally is simply twenty thousand meters of cable. Don't know how long that is. That could be mile, that could be twenty five miles. Do you know how long twenty thousand meters is? No, I have no idea, but it's a long way cable and thirty cameras that you can sit there and sometimes there's absolutely nothing on this on the screen at all, but then at times you see giant herds of moose going across migrating to northern Sweden.
Speaker 2: I'm on it right now, and it's basically you can turn on.
Speaker 3: Your notifications to get notified when it's live. It's not. It's on Twitch.
Speaker 6: Oh, it said it's a twenty four to seven live stream through early May.
Speaker 3: Right, that's what it says.
Speaker 2: But I'm on it right now and it is offline and it says turn on notifications to get notified when it is online.
Speaker 8: Oh, I don't know. Maybe they're I have no idea.
Speaker 6: I don't know what it is, but it's cameras, night vision equipment, drones and when you do see the moose on cameras, just them walking through, walking through the forest. But people love it because when it is on, apparently you can just like hear the sounds of nature the cameras, you can see it.
Speaker 8: It's like a lovely view.
Speaker 6: People said it's very relaxing for them, and I think that stuff like that is becoming more and more popular.
Speaker 2: Yeah, here's videos and they just they're just walking along, walking along.
Speaker 3: Yeah, pretty cool.
Speaker 7: I know.
Speaker 8: I think that's very cool.
Speaker 2: I think that The Americas has really got people more interested in nature and migration and things.
Speaker 6: Yes, And if you haven't watched it yet, I'm gonna watch it tonight. Last night they did a special show on The America's behind the scenes how they shot all of the amazing video that they got in a five year period of time to produce what the eight episodes of The Americas.
Speaker 2: So they were making two shows, whether you know, when they're making The America, they were making another one too, right.
Speaker 6: I can't wait to watch that because I can't tell you. Every single time I watch one of The America's episodes, I'm like, how did they get that shot?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: I saw one that really got my attention. It's so simple, but it's unbelievable. Just a simple rain drop coming off the top of a mushroom, you know what I mean. Like someone got that shot.
Speaker 8: Set that camera up and waited for that.
Speaker 3: Very cool.
Speaker 8: It's as Austin as it gets.
Speaker 1: This is the JB and Sandy Show on Austin's eighty station one O three point one.
Speaker 2: We're taking a little bit of time off, so it's a best of JB and Sandy today. We hope you enjoyed this from earlier this year. All right, we catch a break today in the weather. Earlier this week they were expecting to high of one hundred and five, one hundred and six.
Speaker 3: It's only gonna be one hundred and two.
Speaker 6: Oh okay, good, that's fine.
Speaker 2: Then, yeah, not a big deal, a big deal.
Speaker 3: But stick around.
Speaker 7: Come so we'll make soft boiled eggs instead of hard boiled eggs.
Speaker 2: Church has got a great hack for you to cool down your car. It's coming up in about fifteen minutes. The stories we love.
Speaker 6: Good morning everyone, and now from the Lestra Old Studios, it is what's up?
Speaker 8: Let's say, all right.
Speaker 6: Y'all are going to freak out when y'all when I tell y'all where I'm talking about this.
Speaker 8: This is a sleepy little fishing village.
Speaker 6: On the Texas Gulf Coast, known for like its nasty, beat up fishing boats and it's old cottages that are decorated in all things the sea makers and hooks and stuff like that, all its kitchy little boutiques. It's now being transformed into what people are calling the Hamptons of Texas. Do you care to take a guess based on what I described, it.
Speaker 3: Can only be one of a handful of places.
Speaker 6: Uh huh, Mustang Island, Port of Ransas Port coming the Hamptons of Texas. Apparently wealthy weekenders are buying up property in houses down there for their weekend getaways or for their summer getaways and sanity.
Speaker 8: You were just there and that you saw some of this.
Speaker 2: I noticed that there's a whole development called Pamela Beach.
Speaker 8: Yes, that's one of the ones listed, Palmilla Beach.
Speaker 6: Sure, it's the luxury development.
Speaker 2: Everything in all of the homes there, they're like three story town homes and they're all one of three models, you know what I mean.
Speaker 3: And they're all the same color, and they're all I mean.
Speaker 2: It's got a tennis courts and swimming pools and it's access to the beach and it ain't.
Speaker 7: The Port ran you're not liking this. I'm reading your vibe here, sad. You're not liking Port Ranas getting fancy. No, I've been going down there for nearly thirty years. Yeah, and I like the vibe. You know what you're getting with Port Ranzas. It's white trash heaven.
Speaker 6: Yeah, and you don't worry about like how dirty something is or the decor or what you're wearing down.
Speaker 2: There, right, I mean, and it's you know, it's a place where you can they'll probably get rid of being able to bring your own fish in and have them fry it up for you for dinner at the restaurant.
Speaker 8: They're far in the restaurant on the water.
Speaker 7: Your shoe choices are flip flops or your fancy flip yeah, exactly.
Speaker 6: And your main mode of transportation is a golf cart to get around town.
Speaker 8: Golf carts everywhere.
Speaker 7: Yeah, any It's it's one place in the country where I don't mind if they're smoke indoors.
Speaker 5: Anyone, because it's part it's part of the it's environment.
Speaker 2: Yes, really, I mean I would imagine the people that live there, they're like, Okay, this is good, we can clean up the town.
Speaker 3: Things are going to be different.
Speaker 6: But you would you like to hear what the average home now costs in Port Arainzos. Yeah, eight hundred and fifty thousand dollars, Yes, four hundred. You could have bought the whole town twenty years Yeah, it's going.
Speaker 2: Away wait for the next hurricane to come through. I mean it was just fun. You go down there, like Woodies has always kind of been my home based marina there and there's a little restaurant next to it. There's drunk gass people from all over Texas with sunburnt.
Speaker 8: And tattiel fisherman.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 6: I mean, and you could throw everything for a whole weekend and like a backpack because everything you wear is very small. Yeah, tiny dresses, shorts, t shirts, the same flip flops for the whole weekend.
Speaker 3: I didn't have to shower for the whole week you're there.
Speaker 8: I mean you should shower. I think you should shower.
Speaker 7: We took our daughter there a lot when she was kid so she could longboard, surf. And it's that grittiness about it. It's about not having to dress. Yeah, it's about not caring.
Speaker 2: And you know what else, I bet these rich people they're going to somehow, some way they're going to put they're going to put an end to the tried and true Texas tradition of driving your vehicle on the beach to get right. Yeah, they're gonna be mad about that, but that's something that's we've always done.
Speaker 3: You can drive on the beach there.
Speaker 5: Our big trucks with our rebel.
Speaker 7: Yeah, it's not a glorious thing.
Speaker 3: Calvin ping on something on.
Speaker 6: The back when like, it's okay for those things there. That's what you expect there. That's kind of why you go there to like to wind.
Speaker 7: My wife and I always had a little thing from when our daughter was a little The only place we eat fried chicken.
Speaker 5: Really and we'll get some on our way in.
Speaker 7: I know the place, just like, oh we get a KFC or there's a there's a really good little chicken place right in town next to the surf shop.
Speaker 3: It's closed down. Ah, it's not there anymore.
Speaker 7: It's it was like our that was our thing. We're in Port Ransas, will sleep pried jackets exactly.
Speaker 8: Now it's getting off fan shining.
Speaker 6: You're gonna have to wear nicer clothes and you go out. It's Austin and San Antonio is who's some real estate people are saying are they're main like they're bread and butter buying it up because they're right equidistance and.
Speaker 2: It's so perfect because it's it's about a four and a half four four and a half hour drive.
Speaker 3: It can be more, but it's just right there.
Speaker 2: You can go down there for the weekend and it's easy and you come back and just getting through San Antonio is just a complete whipping Yeah, but actually San Antonio all the way to South awf't a whappon.
Speaker 3: But that bums me out. But it's not alone.
Speaker 2: There's another part of Texas that's getting being called the new version of a mountain town.
Speaker 7: Yeah, they're calling they're now referring to Fredericksburg as the Aspen of Texas, mainly because of the two things. The explosion of wineries. Yeah, it's a weekend getaway town for shopping and all that, but it's because of the airstrip too, the number of private planes going in and out for the weekend, which was always That's why they're calling it the new Aspen of Texas or the new NAPA, and it.
Speaker 5: Lives up to it.
Speaker 7: I've gone I've went out there last year and hit up a couple of wineries and I was like, this is legit.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I've always been kind of disappointed in Fredericksburg when you go like.
Speaker 5: This, well it's not for doue.
Speaker 7: So other than playing golf, like it's it's a very chicky place.
Speaker 2: Is the little shop opping areas? And do they still have the good German restaurants and stuff? Oh yeah, some, not as many.
Speaker 7: I mean they're probably going by the wayside, but got to keep that alive.
Speaker 8: They do have them. We went there.
Speaker 6: The last time I was there is probably three years ago. We went and saw the elephants on that elephant ranch.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, that that not a ranch, it's a.
Speaker 6: Preserve, elevant preserve. And it's right by Fredericksburg. And we went into town packed on a Saturday. I saw some German restaurants lines everywhere. Yeah, I mean it is obviously super popular.
Speaker 2: And the Admiral Nimitz Museum is there in Fredericksburg, which is kind of cool.
Speaker 3: Actually I've done that tour. It's kind of cool.
Speaker 2: But wow, we've got we got the Hampton's to the south, and we've got Aspen to the west. Yeah, forty and Fredericksburg. Everything's getting fancy like that. I don't know if I like it. It is what it is. Anything to stop it, right, so I haven't. I've never done the winery stuff in fredericks but I bet it. You just hot from one to the other.
Speaker 7: It's unbelievable. The growth of the wine industry is a good wine the whole country.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it is.
Speaker 7: So they're doing they're they're growing some of their own grapes, but they also import a lot of them. Oh, they just import the grapes and then make blends and stuff.
Speaker 5: So that Yeah, there's legit.
Speaker 8: It's a big deal.
Speaker 6: Like for a group of girls or a group of people to like rerint a Limo and it takes you to winery to winery, a winery for the day, then you stay at one of the little B and b's in fredericksburgs like.
Speaker 2: That sounds awful trip. That just sounds awful to me, It really does.
Speaker 5: It's just going through one choski shop after another.
Speaker 7: That oh god, no, looking at coasters and going, oh gosh, chicks love stuff like.
Speaker 5: That Live Left Left No, not that I
Speaker 8: Do have a draw line at the Live Left Love sign.