Speaker 1: Today, I'm always watching. We're talking about Lanterns. That's see season one or the only season I don't know, Lanterns episode two right for this. Welcome to Always Watching the Strain of Pit podcast, where we talk about whatever geeky TV shows we feel like talking about. My name's Matthew.
Speaker 2: Carroll and I'm Jay Scotty Saint Clair.
Speaker 1: What's up, Scoots?
Speaker 2: Oh, not too much. Just enjoyed another episode of Lanterns. How you doing? What do you think? Oh? Man?
Speaker 1: You know, I liked it. I felt like it kind of found its voice a little more in this episode than the first one. I was a little complaining about the vibe of the first one, and this felt a little more like they were for one thing and this was I think deliberate. We talked a lot about John and how he is not expressing himself, and in this episode, starting out with how Jordan tossing ice in his face or like water, water, water in his face, cold water on him, and then a few minutes later he's like, quit it with the sir stuff. I know you don't mean it. Like hal seems like he's actually trying to get him to express himself, which I think which I found interesting. It's like Hal sees through his bullshit kind of He's like, you keep acting like chain of command blah blah. I yes, sir, I won't do any you know, I don't question you, sir. But he's like, clearly you do like be yourself and like it's it's it's almost becoming part of the training that Hall's pushing him towards, which I thought was interesting.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I agree with that in the in terms of like thinking back on the pilot, I enjoyed it a lot, and I know you did too, but I think I was. I was a little higher on it as we were talking about the episode. But I think there is an argument to be made that the first episode was kind of finding its footing a little bit, and then I felt like there was just a a stronger kind of like tone and consistency and kind of confidence, Like it felt like they found their footing in this episode. Yeah. What I was kind of impressed by is like, again, when you have a kind of set up like this where it is like the buddy cop thing but they don't really get along that well, having them both be kind of like equal protagonists and have this sense of agency and I'm really interested in what both of them are doing at this point. Yeah, I think John has made like strides in just an episode, just you know, being able to kind of do his own thing and have not have to be so subservient. But all of that said, I did kind of there was a conceit that I kind of had to, you know, wrap my head around, and by the end of the episode, I was kind of satisfied. But it did just kind of strike me that, like the fact that John is being sent off on this kind of like side quest, like go get my things, go fetch my things. It just felt like, I know this this hol is not at the top of his game. He's a little rusty, a little rugged, a little worse for the wear. But it just felt uncharacteristically like unprepared not to bring the thing that charges your ring with you, like at all times. You've been doing it a long long enough you would think he would have that with you in any in any scenario. But when John had that conversation with Zoe like you know what's going on with your white man? You know what's your white man got you doing? I was like, Okay, Now, the fact that it was effectively kind of like you know, as John said, all along the way, he wanted to get me out of the way. Yeah, yeah, I was kind.
Speaker 1: Of I'm even wondering knowing that I think this. I think Howl's a little bit playing three dimensional chess with all this stuff. Like I think he's he's he's rugged, and he's not as bought into all the bs and and all the the the costume and being the lantern as much anymore. Now he's just kind of a grizzled and doing his job. Sure, but I think there's something to him where he's where he is, Like you know, we always he always looks like he's a little crazy, Like when he's taking those bodies, it was like, what is he doing? He's taking my bodies? Like this crazy? Why is he doing this? Dragging naked bodies are on the street, And then you realize, oh, totally makes sense, Like he's doing a thing that makes And I think some of his madness is it very deliberately looks like madness, but it is like very intentional and he's doing things that matter. And I'm wondering if there's even a world where like he sent him away to be attacked by those guys. You know what I mean, like oh, interesting, like something where he like, I need you to go back because you know, my security system shows me there's some guys on my house. There's something like whatever, like he's he could I know they said if they followed him or something, but like some some way where he's like, yeah, I need you to go find out that piece of information. I needed to know who it was. And I knew somebody would track you down because you look like the weak link, you know, like they're not gonna come me. They're gonna come at you as soon as we're separated. But I knew you could handle yourself, you know, like I could see something like that in the future of the show where Hal realized you realize Hall's kind of had it all under control from the beginning.
Speaker 2: For sure. I really like that line of thought and that kind of theory. The one thing that kind of makes me questioned a little bit, and it doesn't make it untrue, but it would just you know, at a wrinkle or maybe a potential other reveal is when John does decide to, you know, fess up and say, hey, this went down. They didn't want me to tell you, but like what do you know about manhunters? I do believe that Hal is a manipulator. He he omits a lot of things. But I believed him when he said when he was like, you know, when he goes to Sinestro and says, like, what do you like? I believe him when he does not know about manhunters. It was kind of like set up, like was how the one that you know brought this this man hunter here for you know, safe harbor? And I was suspecting, like a couple of times in the episode, I was like this carry is the is the sheriff the man Hunter? Because it kind of feels like they have rapport?
Speaker 1: Thank you? That is my exact I think that would be if I was writing this show, she would be the man Hunter. Like it's it may be a little too obvious because she's the She's the only one they're getting to know, So it would be the highest, most impactful, and we've got a lot of runway to go left on the show. It also just immediately who gets to walk around the detectors? Who gets to not go through the middle detectors the police? Like immediately I was like, Okay, she's got Like I was thinking that actually before this episode, and then this episode, I was watching it and that Detector thing happened, and I was like, yeah, I think she might be the Manhunter.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but that alone, that like the mystery of who is the Man Hunter? I think that is another reason why this episode feels like we're kind of off to the races already with episode two, and like this this show has kind of got it. It's hook, you know, like it's just it's so much fun, like who is the Man Hunter? Anybody could be the Man Hunter? Like I said, I believe how when he says he doesn't know who the Manhunter is and he kind of suspects, you know, Aben Suur his predecessor must have brought the Man Hunter and that the Manhunter killed him. Now I don't know, I suspect that the Manhunter did not kill Abbenser. I think that's kind of a red red Hair scribe. Yeah, I think the Manhunter is gonna end up being a sympathetic character before this is all said and done, but maybe not.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I agree completely think that. I mean, well, for one thing, I can't help but think this is Martian Manhunter. I don't know if that's true. I think manhunters are a different thing, at least at first Blush.
Speaker 2: That's immediately where my mind goes as well, like Manhunter's right there. Of course it's Martian Manhunter. He must be connected. But I guess in the Green Lantern mythology, the Manhunters are something a little different.
Speaker 1: Okay, gotcha. I wasn't sure if like Manhunter was a species or if it was like a type of like kind of like the Lanterns or the Lanterns. I didn't know if the man Hunters were like their own core kind of not that not necessarily like a core like a lantern core obviously, but like, could Martian, that last Martian have become a Manhunter for a time and then maybe he turned on the Manhunters to join Aben Sour and get hidden in this place, and then that's how he ended up on Earth, and then that's how we like he has a backstory that connects to abn soor is my mind's going. But I don't know anything about manhunters. Hal Jordan doesn't know anything about Manhunters. We're all, I guess we're all going to find out next episode, like a little more about who the Manhunters are.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean The one thing we do know is that they apparently have the ability to shape shift, which again is something that they share in common with the DC version of the Martians. John Jones is a shape shifter as well. So I could totally see a scenario where, you know, the DC studio heads or the writers say, they recognize that we're going to have the exact conversation that we're having, So like maybe we make the Manhunters and the Martians, you know, one and the same, or maybe it's a faction that's evil. But there was the character the subtitles named him as Anton, who was kind of the leader of the group that abducted John there, and that's where we really learned the most about the Manhunters. And he described them as like synthetic beings, and that's kind of what really differentiated them from the Martians. To me, it sounded like they were almost like an artificial intelligence that gained sentience and is just continuing on that trajectory and that evolution.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, I didn't get and it actually didn't I remember mentioning that now, but until you said, I didn't actually catch that for whatever reason. So yeah, like I wasn't sure at all, but it did seem like, why would you do Manhunters twice? I don't know, it just seems weird. It seems like a thing where like if you're taking it into the movies or the TV verse, you would like change the name slightly so that it didn't give this misdirect of the margin Manhunter for people that like that is such an obvious connection to DC for sure. Yeah, a couple of cool DC connections this episode. The Sheriffs from Gotham. That was fun. Ye, that's fun. And of course seeing sin Estro. I don't know, I'm I know that the Green Lantern movie was hated, but I always like, I just I'm a guy who gets excited for the next one, you know, whenever they do like a hook and that one ending with like the his his mentor turning dark and how like there's like it was I think in the in the post credits of Green Lantern with Sinestro, I was like, ooh cool. I know this in the comics is a thing, but I've never seen it. I was always excited, so seeing this uh version of Sinestro is exciting to me. And what Sinestro said was intriguing too. He said, oh yeah, oh, yeah, he says, the man Hunter is your second greatest you're facing Yeah, and then he said, so tell me more about uh, John Stewart, John Stuart. So is he saying John Stewart is his greatest threat?
Speaker 2: That is exactly how I read it.
Speaker 1: Yes, Like I'm wondering what that means. And we know that Sinestra is an ex green lantern. Does that just mean that you see that they're training your replacement. That means they'reetting ready to get rid of you. Is that what that means? Like that's a threat thing? Or is something else going on with John Stewart? Oh?
Speaker 2: Interesting? Yeah, No, that very very interesting question and I'll be curious to see where it goes. But just knowing what I know about Sinestro and the fact that he was a green lantern that made the change to yellow, and where the green cores is all about willpower, the yellow cores is all about fear. So I took that as like a manipulating manipulation tactically, like what what would you know? What would how be scared of? What would be his greatest fear is being replaced? Thinking that you know, he he can no longer you know, have this power and this responsibility that's made him who he is for for so long. I mean, I may be stretching a little bit, but I get the sense that How one of the things he made. Well, we'll see where the season goes, but I think there's gonna be a conversation between How and John about their fathers. And I think Hal has some unresolved trauma and and grief around the death of his father where he just really kind of like poured himself into becoming you know, the next test pilot, and then that immediately went into being a green lantern. So he's poured so much of himself into fulfilling that role. When that gets taken away, what's what's he left with? Yeah, well, I kind of love that. The construct with the bird, Oh, it was just a fun you know, through line throughout the episode.
Speaker 1: It was fun, but it also really meant something.
Speaker 2: At the end, Okay, where are you going with it?
Speaker 1: We talked a lot about how he's he's still trying to keep his his self private, his emotions private. Okay to me, that bird did mean something to him. Oh yeah, And at the end of the episode when haw asks him, tell me about the bird, like clearly that meant something to you. He's like it's just a bird and just crushes it. And like that's just him still scared to express himself, either because he's he scared to like show who he is, scared to show emotion not necessary or not scared is the wrong word. Like he's just resisting showing emotion for whatever reason. And some of it, as we discussed last episode, like being a black man and like feeling like he can't screw up, like his dad said, like you can get angry, he can get angry. You can't get angry, you know, like we can't do that. There's that whole thing, there's this superior officer thing, or there's just something in him that he's been trained to not allow his emotions to sort of get in the way of being the perfect soldier. And like Hal knows that those emotions and the will and like what you create is a big part of being a green lantern. And I think he's I think that's why the water at the beginning, and that's why all this he's trying to push him a little more to be a little more open with with who he is. And I think that bird was a representation of that and I loved it. This episode is flitting around. It gave his character a little just just a little mystery of like what does the bird mean to him? You know, like and how it felt like he just had this little buddy, this little friend. I liked it a lot. I really liked the bird. And then at the end, him just being willing to crush it was heartbreaking in a weird way, like to me because I was like, what a cute little birdie and he just crushes it. But you know that that's like like he was very protective of the bird, like he caught it while he's like flying through all those cars and stuff, Like he was protective of the bird. But then when asked what it meant to him, he's just like, nothing means anything to me, you know. And that's a that's a dark way to live. And I don't think how it's trying to pull it out of him a little more.
Speaker 2: Absolutely, Yeah, just I you know, this is totally speculation, but I have to imagine at some point there's there going to be some revelations about that bird, and it might be in the form of a flashback. And the obvious place to go is, you know, maybe an interaction with his father. You could we could see him as a kid again and maybe he has this moment or he wants to protect the bird, but the father encourages, you know, harshness or you know, don't be soft like that. But the other thing that I kind of noted in this episode, and I can't remember in episode one how much we learned about what John's history before becoming a lantern in training was. But he made the note about where hal got shot. He said through the shoulder, you know, clean through. That was clearly a warning shot. So I was like, okay, he's got some combat training.
Speaker 1: Well he called him a sniper. I don't know. He said you snipers, that's right, which I don't think we knew until until this. But he's like, you snipers are all the same or something like that. And then he's like, that's through and through. That's a great warning shot. Like he's a sniper and knows knows a lot about being a sniper.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And he frequently refers to halis Jordan, which is a very like military coded thing or like police kind of like you know, combat training kind of thing to refer to your your colleagues by their last name like that. But I'm wondering maybe, you know, with this bird again, maybe it'll be a flashback to a combat scenario he was in where he wanted to, you know, protect an innocent that could have been represented by this bird, but instead had to follow warders or make the tough call.
Speaker 1: Sure, so I wonder if it could connect to his mom.
Speaker 2: I thought about that for a second too.
Speaker 1: Yeah, just because it's a I mean, it's just a story thing to connect to the parents. And we've seen his dad and I'm sorry, if your dad is shooting apples off your head, your mom is not in the picture.
Speaker 2: Definitely not. Definitely not that is.
Speaker 1: A single dad activity. I think. Yeah, I think you're totally right. I think we'll get some sort of flashback that elucidates why the bird is important to him and also like his sort of secret emotional core that he's been so resistant to share because his dad trained it out of him.
Speaker 2: You know, Well, his dad didn't show up at all in this episode. And I know we're here to talk about episode two, but thinking back on episode one when we wrapped last week, I kind of wanted to message you immediately after we wrapped and say, hey, can we pick up and do a quick recording here because episode one ended on the cliffhanger of you know how, his frozen body there in the bleachers, which we we got to see him do again in this episode, fully leaning into the Friday night lights of it all. But they didn't even touch on that in this episode. I immediately wanted to, you know, get back on and record because I thought, and I know I'm not alone. I know other people on the Internet have come to this conclusion too, but Haligram, what if that was a haligram?
Speaker 1: So absolutely absolutely could be a haligram. Good call, and I would love it because I would really like to as much as I want, obviously John Stewart to become a lantern, I would love to see how Jordan stick around too.
Speaker 2: I love this.
Speaker 1: I love Booth the actors a lot, and it would be a great twist if it's not training his replacement, it's actually how Jordan's still gonna be around in the universe with John Stewart as later and there could be three lanterns on Earth.
Speaker 2: Yeah, sure, sure, yeah.
Speaker 1: Let's see. Oh, speaking of the bird, we're talking about the bird a lot. You could see it on it on I loved how they played it because as soon as you created the bird and then took off the ring, Hal's eyes did this thing where he's like, huh, his surprised. It was a surprise in his eyes. And then we find it out that like, not only is making a living construct impressive, but keeping it going after the ring has been removed, and then he kind of not knowing how much he's being challenged, he's able to hold on to the will through all the stuff he goes through, which I got a question a little bit, because how do you hold onto your will when you're unconscious? Twice? Good question. I was wondering about that. But maybe that's the thing. Maybe you're maybe you're if your focus is good enough, if your willpower is strong enough, even in your dreams, you're you're you're focusing on that bird. But he says, if you lose concentration, the bird will disappear. And then he like keeps it through two being knocked out twice, which yeah, that seems weird, but uh, they but they call it him possible and then he says it a little later, he's like, there's no there's no way they're telling the truth though, because you would have at least given me a Hurrah, right, which hourrah is Marines? Right? Generally, uh rah is Marines. Okay, I'm wondering if maybe maybe he was Marines. Maybe it's a marine sniper just given to the but I don't know.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm pretty sure how was Air Force? But h yeah, it could be that that John was was geens.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, that's what That's what I meant.
Speaker 3: Yeah, looking, I'm looking up the uh hohorrah associated with what military branches to make sure I'm not like making that up.
Speaker 1: Oh, it's units, it's army battle cry. Hoorah is primarily associated with the United States Army.
Speaker 2: Oh, okay, I guess uh similar variations.
Speaker 1: Interesting.
Speaker 2: Yeah, in the Navy it's who.
Speaker 1: Yah who yah. Yeah, it says, uh.
Speaker 2: We get we get shipped for that.
Speaker 1: Who rah rah is the Marine Marine Corps is the US Navy, and who is the US Army to express agreement. All right, that's enjoyable.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there's something uh incredibly uh you know, it instills a lot of camaraderie when you just you just start grunting, you know, all together. It does something for the yeah spirit the corps.
Speaker 1: Absolutely.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 1: I was mistaken. I said, who rah it is the Army, That's what I searched, But it's who ah is the Army without an R. But they said an R in the episode, so I don't know. That's closer to ourah to me, which is the US Marine Corps. I don't know. Anyway, I was wondering if that might be a small clue to who he was, like where he's from.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, I uh. This may be based on some comics interpretations, but I was always kind of under the impression when it comes to John, like I get the sense that he's like a combat like architect, Like I know in the Navy, they have a unit called the CBS and they kind of go ahead and they basically build like the infrastructure for like a temporary like battle station setup. So they're like, you know, creating roads and they're basically architectural engineers but also have the combat training. And I know that's an element of John Stewart from the comics for sure. That's kind of what differentiates him from the other Lanterns. He's got that architectural kind of engineer mind when it comes to his constructs. So it is interesting that he's so talented at creating a living being in this interpretation or this adaptation.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, that's interesting. Yeah, he's he's apparently very talented lantern. He's with very little practice that we can tell able to do that. And and it was impressive that he can even just do it. Looked like how was impressed even just removing the ring. It's interesting. We talk a lot about how little John seems to want to express and how he's holding his cards close to his vest or whatever, but really Hal is doing the same thing at least when it comes to like honesty about lanterns, honesty about the guardians, honesty about the training, like all of that stuff seems very like like Hal's keeping a lot from John, And I wonder what that what that is? Is it similar where he's just part of his personality that he's grumpy he doesn't want to be replaced, or is there actually like a lack of trust there?
Speaker 2: You know, I think it's a little bit of column, a little bit of columb Yeah, at this juncture, because it's you know, John had the conversation with Onton when he kind of has he susses him out as an alien. The word choice of proximity as opposed to closeness. We're not not close at all. Yeah, that is a very two sided coin.
Speaker 1: Mmm. I think that's true. So I think a lot of the sort of stilted vibe in the relationship is really like they're still just so. They've been working together for a while. I forget how long they said, was it a year or whatever?
Speaker 2: I cannot remember. I can last.
Speaker 1: Episode he had mentioned he'd been you've been training me for this long, you still haven't let me do this or taught me to fly or whatever. So it seemed as if that car crash last episode was the first time he gave him the ring, Like it seemed that way. I don't know if that's the case, but it was like here and you want it, here it is, and and gave him the chance to use it. But like it's it's like he's testing him for his talent, like the car crash and then the bird, but he's also testing him for like whether he can trust him or is he just a guardian stooge kind of you know what I mean? Because I think Hal has the idea of like being the green Lantern is more than just serving the like sort of uh, chain of command. He does his own thing, and I've been sure apparently did the same thing, so right, Yeah, I don't know, it's it's I'm enjoying the.
Speaker 2: Show a lot. It's it's cool. Oh yeah, absolutely, yeah, it's uh it's stellar quality. Damon Lindelof's doing his thing. We're only two episodes in, but uh, I'm pretty pleased with it thus far. Yeah, and I was not anticipating, like they're doing a great job in terms of like we got the suit in episode two, he's on another planet. We're very interstellar kind of things. And in episode two that's really exciting.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, that was and seeing that, just seeing the lantern was cool. It reminded me a lot of Watchman when they were like certain relics of the Watchman stuff would like come out and just sort of beat these little sci fi elements, you know. And seeing him charge his ring and say the oath like very nonchalantly and rush it's it felt so.
Speaker 2: Wrong, like how many times have I done this? How can I do it in the quickest way?
Speaker 1: It reminded me a little of Luke Skywalker throwing his lightsaber behind him.
Speaker 2: Oh a little sacrilege. Yeah, yeah, a little sacrileges. Yeah, I'm glad you brought up the lantern too, because we you know, we talked about the potential of three lanterns being out there between how Guy and John. But I could be mistaken, but I kind of thought the design of the lantern here and it's various iterations, like I thought it was kind of a throwback to the original original green lantern Alan Scott, who like debuted in like the thirties where he was much more magic based and a little more flamboyant in his in his garb and whatnot. But fact that may have been a reference to that, And if so, I applaud them for it.
Speaker 1: That feels one hundred percent like something Lindeloff would do, like after his Watchman stuff, like he just loved using just like kind of really period stuff that felt much older and and drawing connections to like imagined histories and stuff in that show. And so I could I could absolutely see that here. Let's see. I like the line and this goes with him trying to get John to loosen up and show him who he is. You know, he has that line Jesus Christ, Almighty, unclench.
Speaker 2: I really liked it.
Speaker 1: Another helline I really liked was when he say he's bantering back and forth with the sheriff and she says something about it, well, it won't make my marriage an he's smoother, and he says, your marriage is unsmooth.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, that kind of makes me think of when he interrupts, like the town hall too, and he's sitting with Jason Ridger's character and the sheriff's honey, and both answer.
Speaker 1: So good, so good. It's so it's so cruel.
Speaker 2: Are you all talking about me? Oh? You are talking about me?
Speaker 1: Yeah, this is a long pause. You're talking about me. It's really good. Last thing I've got my notes is them show showing John the tragedy. I kind of wish we'd gotten some flashes of what he was seeing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that would have been nice.
Speaker 1: It's it's an effective scene, but I just like there were later moments when I was wanting like a visual representation of John seeing it again or something like, there were later moments when John was clearly I don't know how affected is John by that vision, because it seems like it could be a very powerful thing to make someone live through the pain of the tragedy that everyone there is a people experienced and I can't tell how much John has been impacted by that. The fact that he even brought it up to Howl almost immediately makes me think he's less impacted, like he's he's still on the hall side.
Speaker 2: I agree, But there was an agree version.
Speaker 1: Of this where he could have been like, uh, COSO affected by seeing that tragedy that he's like near flipping on hal You know, yeah, I.
Speaker 2: Think part of it is the approach that they chose to do that because he started off by saying, you guys are about to torture somebody that doesn't know anything, and they says, we're not going to torture you, We're going to recruit you. But they effectively torture him because I mean, that is very painful, and maybe in their eyes I can see like, we're not torturing, We're showing you the truth, We're showing your story. But I kind of agree with you. That was my read to the fact that even though he is questioning because he has the conversation with Zoe, you know, can I trust him? And she says, if you have to ask that question, you already know the answer. He still confides in him and how says like, did you go to the did you go to the Guardians first? He says no, I report to you. So again, even though it seems like it's a little bit of a character flaw in some regards at this point, how stoic he is, there's still something to be said for that resilience, that will, that training that he has yeah to be able to withstand those kind of things.
Speaker 1: And I think there's something really about that where he is trying to be there is a moment where the whole his whole character is based around this idea that like they asked, how are you frightened? And he said no? And that was supposedly a big part of what made how Jordan howl Jordan, and that's what he's aiming for. And so all that every you know, fear, desire, things that are in his own mind seem like weaknesses to him that he's trying to purge. And I think that I really, like, I still feel like we're going to find out that's either that's not the question he asked, or that's not how he answered it, or John's going to answer it differently. Something is going to happen around that that is going to be revelatory, like as to what that question truly means to to how and to John. Like I'm waiting for some that to be a pivotal moment in the show, either when we see it through how it went through in reality versus the story, or when we see John.
Speaker 2: Go through it. Yeah, yeah, I think you're right. There's like the answer to that question that you think that he wants to hear, but the reality is no. I want you to say that you do have fear because you have to.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, Like fear is part of it. It's having the will to keep fighting. You have to have fear. You have to have a concern for others and yourself. And I don't know, there's just a lot going on there, but uh, it's it's kind of subtle. It's subtle so far, which I like, there's obviously like I don't know, there's it's such a it's such a fine line. It's like we were talking we did a patron hang today for them c Ucast and we were talking about like brand new day, which I won't spoil here, but there's there's a big pivotal moment in the thing that I feel like wasn't set up well. But then I'm sitting there thinking like how could they have set it up well? And would it have crossed the line into cheesy if they did set it up too well? Like you know what I mean those things of like, uh, it's a constant thing that shows if you, if you, if you go too much into like explaining or giving too much context to one of those pivotal moments, then it can feel like like a mister Belvityer episode or whatever, like you're just too much. It's like like you're sitting down and saying the moral out loud, But then there's the other version where you don't set it up enough and then you don't get to feel the payoff of the emotion.
Speaker 2: Like I think that's but is that actually actually that's what they were saying for me? But it's open to interpretation.
Speaker 1: Right, And I want I don't want to sprint spoil brand new day on a Lanterns podcast, soft off, I'll tell you what I'm talking about. That feels that feels rude. Yeah, all right, Well, you got anything else you want to mention about this episode?
Speaker 2: No, I don't think so there's another solid episode. Like I said, it feels like the season is kind of finding its footing, and I feel like we're we're kind of off to the races from here. So I'm I'm pretty excited and enjoying it and looking forward to the right ahead.
Speaker 1: Yeah with you man, all right, well, uh, you want to tell the people about anything you got going on.
Speaker 2: Well you can catch both of us over on Multiverse News. It's a stranded pan of podcast where we talk about the latest and greatest in movie news, TV news, sometimes video game news. So, uh, there's been a lot of great things going on on over there with the D twenty three and out to check that out. And then for my personal stuff, I am I am developing a short film, So check out at jay Scotti for Real, my YouTube channel, and other social handles to find out about that. Looking forward to rolling some stuff out very soon.
Speaker 1: Sweet man. Yeah, I can't wait. And uh, well yeah, I'm on those things too, And check out Marvelson Macivers podcast. We've got a lot coming up with Vision Quest popping in October, and then immediately after we get that, well no before that, we have Endgame Encore coming out, and we've got so we're talking about whatever the four minutes they're adding to the movie or whatever. I'm sure we will talk extensively about those four minutes. There will be hours and hours of podcasting about those four minutes, for sure, at least four hours, yes, four hour per minute. That's about That's probably pretty fair about what we do over there. So check out the marvels and macavers, pocast, and anything else over strandapina dot com. We will be back very soon right here on Always Watching, covering Lanterns Peace, We'll be watching. Thank you for listening to Always Watching a Stranded Panda podcast. If you dig this podcast and want to see what else we do, go to strandedpana dot com for all our other myriad of podcasts in this geeky TV space. Thanks again