Speaker 1: Welcome back everybody to the Cult of Cryptids, the Strange Brew Podcast and Cult of Conspiracy collaboration. We have another banger for you tonight today, whatever time it is, wherever you are, we'll be thrown it back to an episode about the Michigan dog Man. So get ready to howl at the moonlight and make sure support us on all podcast platforms and social media platforms. Go fall us wherever you can. We would greatly appreciate all the supports and without further ado, let's get to the show. Jeffrey Dahmer So the Blood Obamber blowing up, Waco, Texas, and Heaven's Games, Alien Bodify Men from Apes.
Speaker 2: Hitler fixed his death and then escaped.
Speaker 3: Big Foot in the Mouth Man, son of.
Speaker 1: Sam Talking Sun Talks Again, Witches Don't Saint Colins, the Mysterious Noise and Hauntings.
Speaker 2: Dark Guards, and the Scull and Bones. Most of them is a probably loan.
Speaker 1: So when you're feeling all alone, grabbing me and get stone a welcome you to the podcast Trains Grow What are you to entertain?
Speaker 4: You saying you.
Speaker 5: It's about to get absolutely.
Speaker 6: Officer and I went out there to take a look at it and I just tried to chew in around the doors. You could see a dog print offside the window there.
Speaker 4: Dog Yeah.
Speaker 3: Got it. That's weird. Where do you think Captain Puk got his hand from?
Speaker 6: Where?
Speaker 3: From a second hand story?
Speaker 2: That's pretty funny.
Speaker 1: So what's going on everybody? That was a fun little intro. We will play another clip of that song. It's the famous legend of the dog Man song. It's fucking good man. It's so it's so catchy, like part of the story is literally because this guy made that song. And then people are like, I saw that thing too, I also saw the dog Man and yeah, you can think this. The song was mading like nineteen eighty fucking seven or six or some shit like that, and uh yeah, and they kind of made the whole story and legend a little more pronounced that people started talking about it more.
Speaker 3: Okay, so that the song made made it that way, Like, who's sung that?
Speaker 6: Some guy?
Speaker 2: I didn't look up his name. Maybe we'll talk about.
Speaker 3: It guy song. Everybody heard it for some reason.
Speaker 1: Well it just it just it made the legend grow more than people started talking about So I went out. I went on a good old Spencer's my favorite store. Check out that t shirt.
Speaker 3: Don't talk the Strange, It's an alien.
Speaker 1: And then so I got some books for upcoming episodes that we're gonna eventually do.
Speaker 2: Check this out. Got the fucking Zodiac.
Speaker 3: That's pretty cool.
Speaker 2: That's gonna be dope. Also got this one.
Speaker 1: These were on a pretty fucking sheep too, because eventually I want to get you know, how have the weatherman tattoo right from the Cage's symbol.
Speaker 2: Cage got it from this.
Speaker 1: Group, the how the weather Underground beat the FBI and I lost the revolution. And also we might dive back into this. But I also bought just in case na seasonallyccult. That one's gonna be good because I've actually heard about this book by Paul Rowland, so this one will be pretty fucking good. So well, eventually maybe we'll dive back into not to Vocal because there's so much bullshit to do with the fucking Nazis.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I can only imagine that shit spreads like wildfires. I know, anything that has anything to do with Nazis.
Speaker 2: Don't talk about wildfires right now.
Speaker 1: Bc is is going doing bad right now because people light in wildfires.
Speaker 3: Wait, do you know where those wildfires are tongue.
Speaker 2: I don't no idea.
Speaker 3: They're like right around where your mom's living right now.
Speaker 2: What in North Bay, Yeah, they're just north of that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I thought they're in BC. No, they're in Northern Ontario right now.
Speaker 2: Now that well, now they're spreading. But I thought.
Speaker 3: These big ones, yeah, well BC fires have been going on for like five months, these ones that everyone's concerned about now, or all the North Ontario fires that are happening.
Speaker 2: But it's so cool.
Speaker 3: It's called like fire forty seven and fifty one. Not in the fucking summertime, you idiot.
Speaker 2: Holy shit, man, that's crazy.
Speaker 1: So I got some Coon McGregor whiskey going and I also have a Milwaukee just in case I need to get a little drunker I had.
Speaker 3: I'm drinking beer and forgive me. Last night my brother needed me to fucking watch his kids and fuck me, his two year old is not happy. He's having another kid right now. Yeah, and they just got home from the hospital. But the mom was in my stepsister was or my stepsister, my sister in law was in the hospital for three days with her. So the two year old was super fucking pissed off about that. And because of and everything. He can't even go see her. Yeah, so it's fucked that the like, so Danny's not allowed to bring his kids into the hospital. So I needed to go over there and watch him with a two year old that hasn't seen his mom in three days. And he fucking yeah, he put up a fight and I'm fucking tired.
Speaker 2: Did you beat him? Yeah?
Speaker 3: I beat him with words. Motherfucker doesn't even know English yet.
Speaker 1: Alrighty, then, so what makes the urban legend of the Michigan dog Man so compelling? It's that it's maybe plausible. May maybe these terrifying beasts? What because where will exist?
Speaker 3: Bro, I was gonna say, I think that it's a dog and that makes it more interesting.
Speaker 2: Well, we will get into it.
Speaker 1: So these terrifying beasts have had far more sightings than Bigfoot, supposedly, who is practically the poster creature for cryptozoology.
Speaker 2: He literally is like it.
Speaker 3: I uh, it's because nothing like him has ever existed.
Speaker 2: Right, Chelsea just wanted to get out of Spencer's. It was so cramped and ship.
Speaker 1: But I just kept looking all these T shirts because I had all these T shirts like this, like an alien don't talk to strangers, they let summon something.
Speaker 2: And then it was like these kids doing a fucking.
Speaker 1: Say on and ship. They have a bunch of ones. I'm just like distracted. And then you go back to and when you go to Spencer's, it's like half like hot topic where you got like teenage style T shirts and like T shirts have bands on them and fucking rappers and all that ship and weird strange things.
Speaker 2: That's why I like it. And then you go to the back of Spencers and it's a bunch of dildos.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's uh. I was actually looking at that too, and uh, I just can't imagine they're high quality dildas.
Speaker 1: No, And it's just like that kids go in there, right because it's like there's fun stuff for kids and T shirts and ship and then the kids.
Speaker 3: Then it's just at the back, Mommy, why is that woman dressed in lingerie?
Speaker 2: What are these ropes for? What are these ropes for? Are these for playtime? Like it's fucking weird.
Speaker 3: So sure, there's even I've even seen stuff at Spencer's that I'm like that, Like I know, I'm like, I'm not that's a little too much for me. I'm like, I'm everything.
Speaker 1: There's like these ropes and ship and I was like, you, I want to get kinky tonight.
Speaker 2: She's like, we don't have bedposts anymore. We used to it. I was like, oh yeah. I was like, I'll tie you to the window or something.
Speaker 3: Bitch. Is that from.
Speaker 1: That movie with Samuel Jackson where the chick's black snake moan? Yeah, that's what it's from, where she's like te tied to the fucking furnace and ship.
Speaker 2: Christina Richie never seen.
Speaker 3: That, No, I don't think so. It's called black snake moan.
Speaker 2: Yeah, sexy.
Speaker 1: Sure, there's talk of supernatural origins, but they're also more realistic, animal based theories for this creature's existence as well. Doc maned settings had began in one area then spread uh with descriptions varying slightly, but the core characteristics remain intact. Has to be expected with any growing, migrating, evolutionary species, because that's what it may be. In some sense, it might just be some creature, right, that's that's that that came out of the woodwork somehow or got evolved somehow, but who knows. But the dog man signings typically occur in standard sightings are settings one would expect for all creepy stories deep in the woods, log logging cabins.
Speaker 2: And even more frequently out on a desolate roads.
Speaker 1: That night is where he's most likely found. And I found We watched last night this movie you might dig. It's it's kind of funny, it's satire bullshit, but it's on Netflix.
Speaker 2: It's it's called The Final Girls where it's like.
Speaker 1: Kind of making fun of that like slasher film trope movies that they have, and there's some like they're like Adam Devines that divines in it or whatever his name is, and there's a couple of funny people. But it wasn't bad, Like it wasn't bad for a comedy horror comedy.
Speaker 2: So check that out if you have it.
Speaker 3: It's it isn't all horror movies. Kind of horror comedy.
Speaker 2: Slasher films are because you can laugh at you could just.
Speaker 1: Like you know, he's like when Jason like beats the chick against the fucking tree with the fucking sleeping bag shit like that, Like that's kind of funny because even when we're kids and you're watching those like those like slasher films, a lot of times when you're like ten to eleven years old. You're like laughing about half the ship that they're doing because it's so unrealistic.
Speaker 3: You know, absolutely ridiculous. So a lot of rocks, I know.
Speaker 1: So the mythical Beast of the Backwoods folklore went mainstream in nineteen eighty seven after the release of the song the Legend, written by Traverse City Radio DJ Steve Cook. So we'll just hear a clip of this, but it will be played at the end of the episode because I don't think Steve Cook gives a shit.
Speaker 3: I'm sure you won't care that much.
Speaker 2: A cool summer morning in early June, check it out, so kez legend.
Speaker 7: At a naval slogan camp in Wexford County, where the Man of Stee River ran eleven lumberjacks near the Garland Swamp, found an animal. They thought it was a dog in a playful mood. They chased it around until it ran inside a hollow lag A longer named Johnson grabbed him a stick and poked around him.
Speaker 3: It sounds like fucking bladout gang.
Speaker 7: Then the thing let out an unearthly scream and came out and stood upright. None of those men never said very much about whatever happened. Then they just packed up their malongings, left that night and were never heard from again. It was ten years later in ninety seven when a farmer near Buffy was found slumped over his plow and.
Speaker 4: His heart had stuck. There were dog tracks all around.
Speaker 7: Seven years past the turn of the century. They say a crazy old wod a headed dream of dogs that circled her house at night.
Speaker 4: They walked black men and screamed.
Speaker 2: Is that fucking catchy?
Speaker 3: If you like that, go listen to a lap dance? Is so much better when the strippers crying.
Speaker 1: It's the same song that's hilarious. I listened to that song like five times today. Oh yeah, Oh, I know what song you're talking about.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so cut off a pair of Jeory short shorts when she gets into my plow and I offer to plow her.
Speaker 1: If people don't know, if you've ever Bloodhound Gang is the one that sang, uh, what's the actual song title?
Speaker 2: You and baby?
Speaker 3: Nothing but fuck me?
Speaker 1: But Billy could Billy when we were like first met he could recite like every Bloodhound Gang song fucking crazy.
Speaker 2: I think it's catchy.
Speaker 6: I think.
Speaker 3: Before it came up, I remember it was like, I'm remember, like.
Speaker 2: I made Billy like do the entire fucking song like to a t and he could.
Speaker 1: Those That's what we used to do back in the day, fucking make Billy recite fucking lyrics.
Speaker 2: But like I found this song bad though.
Speaker 3: Fucking I got my roommate here and we're out driving the other day and like every song that comes on the radio, whatever he puts on the phone, I'm like, I've absorbed so many fucking lyrics from so many different bands. He's like looking at me about like an hour and a half into the drive, He's like, you know way too much, fucking me. He's like, go learn something else, because like I know, that's all your brain's finned.
Speaker 1: And I've had people tell me that too, where it's just like, man, can you recite the whole lyrics to the song? I'm like, yeah, of course, it's necro and it's just like I just know every single lyric and it's just like, yeah, we were obsessed.
Speaker 2: With fucking music, but I found that song catchy.
Speaker 1: Like I get why people would be more interested in Like if you heard that nineteen eighty seven on.
Speaker 2: The radio, you're like driving through the woods, in the middle of the night. But holy shit, there's.
Speaker 3: The dog Man and you're like, oh, I wonder if that for Blood Hung Gang got it from Bloodhung Gang's eldies, right, yeah, yeah, yeah, early nineties, early early.
Speaker 1: Early early nineties into late nineties, like when they then they first got popular was later nineties, early.
Speaker 2: Two thousands, that's right.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so they could have they could have heard this and thought it was fine, because it seems like they took inspiration from a bunch of strange shit.
Speaker 3: Bloodhung Gang was actually formed in eighty eight. What's tooken it from it?
Speaker 1: But yeah, interesting, crazy, Well, the time they got bigger, right and started developing songs and stuff like that, that's fucking funny. So obviously, like this is what kind of made it more a little more famous. Was this guy playing Obviously he created the song and he was a radio DJ, and then he obviously played on the radio stations. So Crook pulled the lyrics from dog Man encounters and soon more people reported their sightings. But what these witnesses are actually seeing? What are they actually seeing? Is it mass hysteria or is it a real creature? We we will explore the history of this cryptid in its various encounters.
Speaker 3: You know what, there's gotta be a wolf out there that stepped on a heroin syringe once. It's just different.
Speaker 2: Now, yeah, what had.
Speaker 1: We're having anton once in a while, and we'll probably do a gang bang with all three of us. But he was talking about dire wolves and how like Chernobyl. We're talking about Chernobyl about like the end of the world scenarios. Yeah, and how Chernobyl when they dropped that bomb, how supposed to be their stories of these dire wolves, which are giant wolves that got mutated. They're all like rabied out and fucking creepy looking, but they somehow got larger than a normal natural wolf, which would be fucking scary.
Speaker 3: Well, like, yeah, like what do you mean larger? Like you're talking like it's now like ten feet tall to my shoulder, Like yeah, it's like it's like two feet fuck you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, but it's like it's like a it's like a you know, uh like yeah, yeah, it could be ten feet standing up on its hind legs. But like imagine like a wolf that's the size of the Doberman, Like imagine that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, the size wolves wolves can get pretty big like that just naturally, wolves are pretty damn close to that.
Speaker 2: Were those giant dogs there talking about?
Speaker 3: Yes? St. Bernard's or new Feats?
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, those fucking huge dogs.
Speaker 3: Fucking new fees are.
Speaker 1: And they're so big too, they're like reach your shoulder and shit fuck.
Speaker 3: Actually, like he just walked into a house the other day that had two new fees. Both of them were probably like standing their back the top of the they drink and screech. They're probably like four and a half feet tall, four and a half to like five feet like tall.
Speaker 1: Were they drunk and babbling on about how Canada is fucking ship?
Speaker 3: Yeah, but they're fucking made up language?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I know.
Speaker 8: So.
Speaker 1: It was eighteen eighty seven in Westford County when the first known dog man encounter was documented. Two lumberjacks were out in the woods when they spot a creature they described as having the body of a man in and the head.
Speaker 2: Of a dog. Do you still get him to let the peanut butter off?
Speaker 3: Though?
Speaker 2: If it's if it's a it's a girl, man, I feel like there's a lot of videos it's a girl.
Speaker 9: Do no.
Speaker 2: Girls doing that spreading the spatula?
Speaker 3: What if what if the dog man was actually a womb dog.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so other sightings being a trickle throughout the Upper Peninsula of Michigan, and locals found dog tracks in the dirt all around several dead horses who.
Speaker 2: Died of fright. How do you think how do you think they found out that they died of fright?
Speaker 3: Because nothing else makes sense. It couldn't have been my lack of care to them. I only I fed them like once a month. Those fuckers were goods.
Speaker 2: The name horsecock Billy from.
Speaker 1: It tends to horses all day long and then doesn't really treat him properly because he's too busy fucking the farmer's wife.
Speaker 3: It's a good yeah, that works. How hot is she?
Speaker 1: The farmer's daughter is always hot, that's why you want to fuck her. And then he comes in the room with a shotgun.
Speaker 2: Now you gotta run naked, and he.
Speaker 3: Said the wife. That's why I was curious. How hot she was?
Speaker 2: Oh the farmer's wife. No, she's ugly as fuck, she's fat.
Speaker 3: And how is the daughter hot? No?
Speaker 2: It always does that though, way it always.
Speaker 1: Back in nineteen thirty eight, a seventeen year old named Robert Fort Fortney. Fortney claimed that while he was staying near Muskin River in Paris, Michigan. This is what Also, because I think that Anton is in Michigan.
Speaker 2: I think he is, and he says like I was.
Speaker 1: Like, oh yeah, we because I'm talking about I was going to go with the protests, the Freedom rally, but it started pouring the fucking.
Speaker 3: Rain out, so today, yeah, yeah, I wanted to go. Rain So so you don't care what protesting.
Speaker 1: No, I don't have an umbrella, bro, I don't I can't afford an umbrella, man on the taxes that Trudeau's making me pay.
Speaker 2: But Toronto had a pretty good turnout.
Speaker 3: Rain actually stopped you from going out.
Speaker 2: I went, I got other stuff to do.
Speaker 1: I had to pick up books, man, because I gotta get intellect intellectual. So but I was making fun of how like, how can has all these towns that you know, British people, fucking UK England people just came over and we're like, oh, we're French people. Let's name in Paris, name with London. They just took names from fucking you know, overseas and was like this is.
Speaker 2: Now London point two. Oh you know what I mean?
Speaker 1: So this is in Michigan, and then you're saying that Michigan's kind of the same way because this is in River Muskin River in Paris, Michigan, and we have a Paris, Ontario. So he was confronted by a massive black dog, and Robert didn't report his encounter until he was forty or till until forty nine years later.
Speaker 2: He swore the beast reared up on.
Speaker 1: Its hind legs and stared at him and had piercing blue eyes.
Speaker 2: Which maybe maybe it's a fucking werewolf.
Speaker 3: Man, what made him so special?
Speaker 2: Yeah, he's like, uh, I like young boys.
Speaker 1: It goes up to the but like, at the same time, do dogs have colored eyes like blue and shit?
Speaker 2: Because I feel like that'd be creepy. Man, it's like a dog with fucking piercing blue eyes.
Speaker 3: One second.
Speaker 6: Is dog.
Speaker 3: No, they're all blue, every single one of them. But when they're when they were born, they were every single one of them are blue. But I grabbed one random one and that guy is now black, So I thought that, yeah, I thought that most going through everything, No, every single one of them, but are Yeah, I ran that's hard spots his eyes are hazel.
Speaker 2: I thought it was dogs.
Speaker 3: Every single one, every single one of Chloe's puppy's eyes were blue when born. But remember that fun fact, every every newborn animal whatsoever, has blue eyes.
Speaker 2: It's kind of creepy. Mm hmmm.
Speaker 3: So I really wanted to show you, but now I'm tired. Now you get to show you.
Speaker 2: Terrified.
Speaker 1: He's shot at the creature and it quickly fled, and then Rob man, good for Robert, seventeen year old having a gun.
Speaker 2: Good job, you know what you're doing, Bud.
Speaker 1: And Robert Robert reminds that good for him. At least you can protect himself. Man, I'm like, fucking Canadians protect yourself from what the government?
Speaker 3: How is a gun going to protect you?
Speaker 2: It's gonna be because you.
Speaker 1: I'm not gonna say it, because I'll get fucking We'll get cancer.
Speaker 3: So you can't do anymore.
Speaker 2: I can't do ship in general, man, I just keep getting banned from everything.
Speaker 1: So Robert remained chilled by the event for years to come, later stating it may be that I was just scared, but I swear the dog was smiling at me.
Speaker 3: Creepy, you know what, you know, what would be funny if that was true? And like it was an actual dog. When dogs, when dogs smiled, that means they're nervous.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I know. It's like I'm nervous when a seventeen boy, what's going on? I'm scared of the seventy.
Speaker 3: Are or are you gonna just shoot me? Or what's going on here?
Speaker 1: Or it's like are you are you gonna take sexual advantage of me and then take me to court and then causby me hot hot topic because it was seventeen.
Speaker 3: Oh, the kids got some dilk?
Speaker 1: Oh, I guess it would be more or less Kevin Spacey him, because Kevin Spacey liked the young boys.
Speaker 3: Didn't like that? What set the kids? The kids out for some dilk?
Speaker 6: Dog milk?
Speaker 2: All right.
Speaker 1: A memorable documented count came from a thirteen year old girl named Courtney who lived in Reed City, Michigan, back in nineteen nineteen ninety three. So like she's probably still alive, she decided to sell gets more recent trust me, she decided to sneak out for a cigarette behind her house one winter she got the scare of her life. Corty claimed it was just a glint of light seeping out from the planks of an old abandoned barn and this barn was like shot the shit. It was falling apart and it was in the back of their property. So she's just having a cigarette, which would be like, Man, I used to do that like that, I've told the made and watch her.
Speaker 2: But I used to smoke, and I used to think everything was a UFO. I look up in the sky, but also UFO was.
Speaker 1: Probably satellite guy was always freaking out about like, oh, they're watching me.
Speaker 2: Man, the aliens are watching me.
Speaker 3: You know what you're going to enjoy? What just yesterday? I was at the bar.
Speaker 2: Yeah, oh where'd you go?
Speaker 1: Uh?
Speaker 2: Yeah, well what I thought you?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 3: She works at the VP. I worked at.
Speaker 2: Oh so she got her nation for no reason.
Speaker 3: She still kind of works there, yeah, part time both. But one of the bartenders that it's like, I'm swear to God, I'm not going crazy, but look up and I swear to funk. I was out for like two smokes that evening, and both times were like they were not planes. They were like they were going extremely quickly, almost stopping, going down, going forward, going down, And then every every single one of them just went behind the Walmart that was behind VP.
Speaker 6: So you saw.
Speaker 3: Like six of them that's fun are like this, and I'm like, planes do not fly down.
Speaker 2: It would be a danger.
Speaker 1: It would be like because they try to say because they know, like hey buddy, I'm over here on this, and they tell each other how far away they are.
Speaker 3: For and they don't. They don't even fly like that close, Like they don't push it.
Speaker 2: You saw a UFO, dude, you I said.
Speaker 3: Skepticism on that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I guess.
Speaker 3: I never fucking said aliens couldn't be real.
Speaker 2: All right, but there's fuck, dude, that's that's crazy. You saw that shit sick.
Speaker 3: I want to say that it actually it was not like and again like who knows, Like I don't know what level of drones they have anymore, Like I don't know what the fuck I saw. I just saw something that I didn't know what the fuck it was.
Speaker 1: So this chick, so she sees like a glimpse of light seeping from the planks of the old barn this bar. Just have a smoke, try to sneak it because she's young. Probably I just wants to have a cigarette. So she followed its moves of this lights and slowly it dawn in her that something was there. Yeah, she's smoking cigarettes when she's five, she's like boss.
Speaker 4: Baby, like.
Speaker 2: As her eyes, give me some dick.
Speaker 1: Yeah, as Jesus as her eyes tried to make sense of what she was seeing. After a few minutes, she realized there was a six foot tall thing hiding in the barn and had the head of a dog and was staring right back at I'm sorry, I see you, but do yeah, I know it could have been, but they always say it's up on its hind legs.
Speaker 3: So the dog, he's begging for a treat, he's sitting pretty and he's just.
Speaker 2: Like, either way, either way, it's fucking scary.
Speaker 1: Like I remember Joe Rogan had that story about seeing a mountain lion and his dog went missing. It's a story, but his dog going missing when he was in Colorado, I think it was. And he's like outside smoking like a joint or a cigar or something, and he sees this like this creature emerging from the woods.
Speaker 2: He's like, what the fuck is that?
Speaker 1: And then he like starts looking and he sees the tail on it realized it's a fucking mountain lion, and he's like, my dog never came back. That mountain lion ate my fucking dog, and he's like, that's why I got out of Colorado.
Speaker 2: Is that fuck?
Speaker 6: Damn?
Speaker 2: That's just seeing that ship.
Speaker 1: You're like, oh a fuck, and he's like he's like, I literally sat there in my seat and shipped myself a little because like because if it ran up on you, if it saw you, you would be fucked because they they're looking for food.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so obviously she fucking ran off terrified.
Speaker 1: Later, her neighbor confirmed that they saw the creature too, out by the barn. So in their description of the Michigan dog Man varied over the years, but they actually said the same shit she said. So if it exists, it's not a lone wolf. There's more of its kind, because it seems like people are seeing it in different locations. So these creatures are usually described as having glowing amber or icy blue eyes, the head of a dog with vicious fangs, and a human torso, so that's creepy as fuck.
Speaker 3: That's weird that they always say on hind legs, but like it's actually just standing up like it would be a human just standing up, So that that's a weird like terminology.
Speaker 2: It's some pervert that just likes he's a furry. He's a fucking furry.
Speaker 1: And there's there's a new show on Netflix me and sets me watching. It's called Sexy Beasts because when we drink like watching reality ship and it's a dating show.
Speaker 2: I think he is.
Speaker 1: You probably find it funny and so you don't see the person's appearance. They can wear like a monkey face or like a mouse face. It's all like really good makeup, but you have to judge them based on their personality and then the girl a guy gets to pick who they like more.
Speaker 2: But there is this whole thing with the free community.
Speaker 1: There's this guy like like being like, oh my girls, let's smoke cigarettes and he's like gain his back here just like.
Speaker 8: But like.
Speaker 1: It's it's a it's a creepy it's almost like the same aspect of sleep Away Camp. And if you've never seen it, check it out. Billy Sweepway Camp is actually free on that free movie or that that app you can get for free movies and ship not not the fuckuy, I think of what it's called because it's it's a fucked up horror movie. At the end, it's like a tranny killer. It's really fucked up.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you've showed me camps.
Speaker 1: So they are fast and allegedly have a horrible scream like howl.
Speaker 3: Give me, give me your best scream like howl, scream howl. Yeah, get one of the fucking puppies. That's all they do, do it?
Speaker 2: Have I heard that in the woods? I would shop myself accord.
Speaker 1: According to local legend, the dog Man appears in ten year cycles, almost like it where it's every seventeen years and it comes back and makes the children pop balloons and stuff.
Speaker 3: So it was in my fucking grade school class. We're really mean to people.
Speaker 2: Don't tell me it was someone who I never mind.
Speaker 3: No, it wasn't a transgender. It's that you're saying. No, it's just a girl that everybody deemed as ugly and we called her it.
Speaker 2: We may find this one girl I remember in elementary school. We were bad to.
Speaker 1: She was wearing the exact same Exco jeans because there was a ripoff from Walmart of Echo and now Echo is now sold at Walmart, so it's kind of funny.
Speaker 2: But it was like, you know, this Exco clothing, it was like such a rip off of Echo. So that's where.
Speaker 1: Kind of it's it's called Exco's ripoff Echo, and the chick was wearing the exact same jeans that I was, and we all made in this like grade three or four, and me and Austin, Trevna and some other people all made fun of her and was like, yo, you you're wearing fucking man g you went boy jeans, and we.
Speaker 2: Like so bad. Don't vote make fun of everybody's Let them be themselves.
Speaker 3: Honestly, I don't think any grade threes are listening to this, and if you are, like, where the fuck are your parents?
Speaker 1: So, but early sightings of the cryptid were reported through all throughout Michigan and soon spreaded Wisconsin. That's where all good old Gean came from, and Damer Dahmer was from Wisconsin. A lot of weird shit happens there, so and now I know, of course. So alleged sightings of this occurred off the and all throughout different locations, and the famous dog Man on Star attack occurred in Troy, Michigan back in two thousand and six. A man was driving down the road when suddenly what he described as a giant, big dog that was standing upright appeared before him.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but nobody's talking about the human body. They're just saying, big dog standing.
Speaker 1: I don't like I know, So he instinctively swerved to miss the creature ended up running off the road, flipping the vehicle over on his fucking side, which is scary. He and his passenger, which sounds of his wife. Because we're gonna play the clip. We're not injured, but we're able to get assistance through on Star. But it's kind of weird because the OnStar recording. Yes, it's it's spread like wildfire on the internet because see, let's tell you, I'm.
Speaker 8: Sorry, emergency, this is king. How can I help you?
Speaker 6: Hello?
Speaker 8: Something is ran in front of us on the road.
Speaker 6: We're in the ditch where we rolled over.
Speaker 8: How many people are in the car and is anyone injured? There's two of us.
Speaker 3: I don't think we have an entry.
Speaker 8: Is the car on its top or wheels or what? No, it's kind of sitting on its side and one moment. Please, I'll like contact emergency services. Okay, okay, the state police should be on the way in a few minutes. Is everyone still okay?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 6: I think we're okay?
Speaker 8: What ran in front of you?
Speaker 3: My dear, I don't know what the hell it was, but it was big.
Speaker 8: It looked like a great big dog standing up. Was it a bear?
Speaker 6: Maybe?
Speaker 2: Maybe?
Speaker 6: Sir?
Speaker 3: Oh fucking damn, Hello, are you still there? Sir?
Speaker 6: Sir?
Speaker 2: Are you there?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 2: What are you there?
Speaker 3: Sir?
Speaker 1: He's like, I would be more panicky, was the on star Fucking God, I'd be like, sorry, sorry, are you there?
Speaker 2: Are there?
Speaker 3: Please? Was laughing. He's like, I don't fucking know what that was. And then all of a sudden, his first initially is like you think it was a bear? And he's like, you know what, maybe, and then yeah, sure.
Speaker 1: They'll freaking that's fucking it's creepy. So it's supposed like wildfire on the internet, and it's the you know it was. It's it's strange, weird ship that they they saw this and that they even got this recording, And then.
Speaker 2: I don't think it's faked. Like there's the there's the idea of like you remember.
Speaker 3: When we did could be right, you always got to be open when.
Speaker 1: We talked about the Area fifty one events and stuff like that, and now there's that famous Area fifty one recording and the guy be like, you need to get to a safe place because they're gonna kill Soul and like the people think that's faked, but this one just seems more legit because it's supposed he was taking ready from on Star.
Speaker 2: So it's fucking weird.
Speaker 7: Man.
Speaker 3: Maybe on Stars in on it. Yeah, don't tell no buddy actually doing let them think about big dogs.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah.
Speaker 1: Meanwhile, they're like listening to everyone's conversation. Be like, we love when they go to Lover's Point in Wisconsin and we hear when we hear that all we literally broadcast it to every on Star employee and they all get off at the same time, and.
Speaker 3: We have video that the camera comes out of your dash. Yeah, overlooks, overlooks you.
Speaker 1: So in the fall of nineteen eighty six near man CT, Michigan, Ray Greenway.
Speaker 3: Was driving home two thousand and six to nineteen eighty six, I've ever going in order here?
Speaker 1: Uh? Definitely not definitely, Okay, So maybe I maybe I backwards the research a little bit, but let's just go back in time.
Speaker 3: So in the fall of.
Speaker 1: Nineteen eighty six near man CT, Michigan, Ray Greenway was driving home from man Ct.
Speaker 2: Army That's how I'm going to pronounce it.
Speaker 1: But Army were footing station late one night when he noticed something was off in the darkened field beside him.
Speaker 2: His headlights were reflecting off.
Speaker 1: What appeared to be eyes that weren't too high off the ground to be a deer. So's a guy could be a deer like he's just And that's what you gotta watch for, especially like even Chelsea, because where you are, how I take the back roads to get to your place, especially when I start coming there near September October. I have to watch it because looking for those eyes the best clue, because they can just run the fuck out.
Speaker 3: And you could be fucked Cambridges.
Speaker 2: I thought, yeah, I remember you telling me that ship. Are you okay?
Speaker 3: Are don't hit a deer?
Speaker 1: I thought, my fault. They ran on the road and I just got it. I'm gonna pull it, Tom. I'm gonna pull Tom. I'm gonna cut it open and wear it and fucking you see. Friddy got figured right, Yeah, picks up the dead gear, dead deer. So suddenly the identify unidentifiable creature began to run towards him and made an incredible leap across two lanes.
Speaker 2: This sounds extremely familiar.
Speaker 1: To the Boggy creek monster that stepped like two fucking feet across the highway. You remember that he like did like two jumps, and you wanted to prove it, so I told you to go film it. You never did, but you almost. You said you did it, but didn't film it.
Speaker 3: Oh, I forgot about that, the two step highway jump.
Speaker 2: So this creature the same ship.
Speaker 3: It was two lanes, two steps, I got. I got tape in my fingers and playing with tapes right now, Jesus fun Yeah, two lanes two steps, two steps or no, was it two lanes three steps.
Speaker 2: Something like that. It was like it was a big leap. So this this creature of the same fucking shit.
Speaker 1: So it it leaped to clear across two lane road, there is no animal that it could be.
Speaker 2: I knew this was not a deer.
Speaker 1: Ray later recalled, he went to describe its yellowy eyes an impossible leaping ability. I do remember that I saw both eyes as if it was looking at me the whole time.
Speaker 2: That, along with the leaping ability, is what I will never forget. God damn it. What I always spio beer on.
Speaker 3: My fucking self because you're a cut.
Speaker 1: While driving on a slated road and lang Sing, Michigan area back in May of two thousand and six, which is weird.
Speaker 2: So they say it happens every what was it every fucking.
Speaker 3: We were in two thousand, we were in nineteen ninety and seven, then we were in two thousand and six, and we were in eighty seven. Now we're back in twenty oh six.
Speaker 2: Yes, we are back.
Speaker 3: We are back, so okay, same year.
Speaker 1: So I think they said how it occurs every certain amount, every ten years or something like that. So now you have two sightings in two thousand and six, which is creepy of where they get that whole idea of how it could happen. So it's like every ten years. Because this guy's like, I see it too. So a man named Ron Ron slowed Ron slow for what he thought was a deer all of a sudden, a human like hand expected much larger than a human's man's hand, like there's some like Lebron James fucking Michael Jordanians reached over the side of the hill and the silhouette came into view. What came out of the darkened hillside was a massive man with a wolf like face. This is fucking creepy either way. The real or not whatever, if this is fucking creepy. It was much larger than normal, like a normal man, and it had a wolf like face. Its eyes reflected in my headlights, and it just sat there, looked across the field on the other side of the road.
Speaker 2: Then it just very calmly turned his head and looked right at me, which is also fucking scary.
Speaker 3: Meca lights fucking shining out.
Speaker 1: But either way, if it's a dog or some sort of animal, right that they wouldn't they would their their senses.
Speaker 2: It's more like they dart.
Speaker 1: They look very quickly because that's how they react to things and to predators and stuff. So if someone that's intelligent or that's human like, it would slowly just like sense you and then look at you, and which is a lot creepier for fucking sure. He sat frozen fear until it began moving down the hill. Then Rod sped away before he could make it any closer. I hit the gas and flew past it. When I got to the stop sign, I stopped and looked in the rear view mirror. It was sitting in the middle of the fucking road, just looking at my car. He bolted again and this time didn't look back. Fucking scary man.
Speaker 2: All these events either way real or not. If someone thinks they.
Speaker 3: Experienced it, yeah, it would be crazy.
Speaker 1: That's why always bring up like the shadow people ship and like I might do a TikTok video about it. Because my boy Adam from Hamilton has been doing stuff about psychic stuff and that hit him and his bush buddy did mushrooms and they both were thinking, which I would love to do. And I know you, I know your opinion, but I would love to do mushrooms with you and see if we could just sit there and be like what am I thinking and then just like look at each other.
Speaker 2: And see if we get psychically ability. Just do that, because he said his buddy.
Speaker 1: He said him and his buddy fucking did it, and I mushrooms are a gateway to open up frequencies.
Speaker 2: I believe that one hundre percent, So it could happen.
Speaker 3: It could I guess maybe so.
Speaker 1: Rwanda on the Three Lakes in Michigan had a dog man and cattle nineteen or in the fall of two thousand and nine.
Speaker 3: Was three years past the last one.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, that's true. Actually, so she was traveling on us forty one m. I don't know what that is. Like a highway with her son.
Speaker 1: When the beast ran across the highway near to Tyogay not die Tyoga Creek, we were very Uga Tyoga. You're yes, you are right, I'm retarded. We were very puzzled, I guess as a woman.
Speaker 10: We were very puzzled and thought it might be some mute and wolf and we couldn't We could not figure out what we witnessed. It ran fairly fast, about twenty feet in front of our truck. It was so strange because the front of it was much higher than the back, larger than a wolf.
Speaker 2: She claimed she never heard of the dog man until after this incident.
Speaker 1: After reading the description the stories online, she was able to confirm to confirm for herself that the creature she encountered was the goddamn dog man.
Speaker 3: Fucking dog man. Why did it come out on highways? I kind of go to like in people's closets, like Richie or something, and stop running out.
Speaker 1: You're in your closet like that, your kids, like the boogeyman came to see me and just like after at first Chuck spotted he thought he spotted a moose as it approached on the road of Boggan County. The world was a bit foggy and uh dewey this morning in twenty eleven, but he knew he saw some movement just off the edge of the road in the woods. He spotted at the intersection and waited, watched, nothing happened, so he began to move. As soon as he picked up speed. The creature re emerged immediately.
Speaker 9: Immediately, this animal ran out in front of the woods, in front of my call, and it jumped across the road on the so side. Man, it took like three straws and was gone, And it almost vanished through like an invisible wall, which would be fucking scary.
Speaker 2: It was, Harry Potter.
Speaker 1: You see this thing jump across the road and then all of a sudden, it's like it's just like you don't see its body or anything anymore, just disappears.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, But like one talks about this stuff too, is how I'm not sold on it yet. And I told him that because we just talked about this, how bigfoot he thinks might be an interdimensional creature. So bigfooting can kind of correspond with our reality with others at the same time. I don't know if I'm sold in that yet, but that Bigfoot seems to appear and then disappear in that he may be an intro galactical being that can step in and out of realities.
Speaker 2: So this being may be the same.
Speaker 1: It kind of get steps in and out of our reality because we only see ten percent of reality, and that's a fact on the gamma ray structure of like we only see such a small fragment. You don't see gamma rays, you don't see ultrav we don't see wi fi. We don't see shit like you can't see what even some animals see, which is also crazy. So at state of shock, he pondered the creature. He never see anything like it. It was all it was all on fours and had back legs like of a large man and had jet black fur and look like a very large wolf. Other than that the back legs and the human like rump. So he's like, hey, he had a human like ass, buddy. There was no tail, the profile of the head stout were of a wolf, and it didn't make a sound.
Speaker 2: All extremely fucking creepy, fucking stories.
Speaker 6: Man.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I don't like that.
Speaker 2: It's like.
Speaker 1: I know and not see some weird Yeah, because one day I'm gonna go crazy. I'm gonna be in a buz like I saw the wolf Man.
Speaker 3: I saw him like, I'm good, Okay, buddy, here's a can of Ravioli fucking eat.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna live in the bottom well and then Billy's gonna once a day bring me a can of beans that he lowers down in the well.
Speaker 3: Oh, that is all I want to do, because every time I do it, it'll be like beans, what the fuck?
Speaker 1: And then you just hand me a mic down and be like okay, I give you your research, and then there's pieces of paper you send down and then we record while you're on the other side of the well.
Speaker 3: Are right there?
Speaker 1: You go?
Speaker 3: Fuck, I don't have that kind of a commitment, Dude, I'm working. You're not gonna get food for a couple of days. But I hope you save those beans.
Speaker 1: Alex shows up and he's like, Billy forgot about you send me down green beans, the fucking green giant.
Speaker 2: Beans or whatever his name is.
Speaker 1: Giant, Yeah, the jolly green Giant. One witness claims the dog man was stalking up the hill behind her house and late fall two thousand one, So these doors are varying different time errors. My stepdaughter and I were looking out of the French doors to see a creature.
Speaker 2: You have French doors, You're rich?
Speaker 1: Fuck you uh doors to see a creature black in color, looking like a big bear with hunch it without like almost like a hunch in the head of a wolf.
Speaker 2: French doors are pretty expensive.
Speaker 3: They are doors are expensive anyway, but yeah, not the gateway.
Speaker 2: To the doors in your mind. Man, those are.
Speaker 3: Free thousand dollars.
Speaker 1: Well, that was only a visual and this was in Cass County, Michigan. Residents experiences supposedly, and they can still hear the splashing around twenty acres of swampland at night, so the same area they saw this creature, just like looking through the French doors.
Speaker 2: Just gotta fancy with it.
Speaker 3: Solid French door, frosted glass, twelve hundred bucks.
Speaker 2: Well, I guess that'sn't that bad.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I knew they weren't that much average for French doors. Are any be seeing three hundred and three thousand?
Speaker 2: Oh it's so terrible. I guess I'd be a little.
Speaker 3: Doors that are like way more expensive than French doors because French doors open like this. Yeah, yeah, you got it. Yeah movement whatever that was.
Speaker 2: So that would be.
Speaker 1: Creepiest seeing creatures. So I guess around this area other people have seen this, and they supposed to be still here out in the swamp land at nights behind their house.
Speaker 2: Even here, it's shrieking.
Speaker 1: It has the scream of an infant, I guess, but loud and hysterical.
Speaker 2: Can you give me that an infant that is loud and hysterical?
Speaker 3: Is he laughing?
Speaker 2: No, he's scared. He's just screaming. He's in pain. If I heard that behind my house, I would ship myself also.
Speaker 1: So let's bringing it way back when, way back when, back in eighteen sixty in the Shiny establishment, the Kaine.
Speaker 3: It looks like Kayak was not shiny. I was like, I knew that wasn't the word.
Speaker 2: Kine established the group of warriors.
Speaker 1: It's the Kayanne. It's the literally spelled a Kayanne. So the Kayane established the yeah, own group of warriors known as the dog Soldiers or dog men.
Speaker 3: Damn.
Speaker 1: Native Americans would spend years studying and becoming one with their spirit animal, talking on their mannerisms and strength of wolves.
Speaker 2: Are wild dogs, so they would.
Speaker 1: Copy and it escentuate with the way they speak because of this and stuff like that, which is pretty interesting that they they yeah, name Americans are dope, but it comes to all their spiritual aspects, stuff from worshiping animals.
Speaker 2: I always find it cool.
Speaker 1: So it's worth noting that while all the witnesses of these dog half man Beast admit to feeling terrified, that there haven't been any known deaths or serious physical attacks attributed to the dog Man. It's not like the Boggy Creek fucking monster where he like was like fucking trying to.
Speaker 2: Kill that guy and he like swiped him out of the way and fucked him up.
Speaker 1: Like, go back and listen to the episode because the episode is hilarious, and if you're from Arkansas and maybe don't listen to it.
Speaker 3: Ah.
Speaker 1: But but like the fact there's no known attacks. But back in this the you know, I go to other things. Nobody's really been attacked by Bigfoot. They say they have, but it may not be. So this is thought to be because of an Indian belief. Native belief and indigenous belief that that one must invite evil onto themselves, so like you have to invite that evil or it just can't harm you, so you have to kind of invite that into your life.
Speaker 3: What seems dumb, I know.
Speaker 1: Clearly, the most obnoxious explanation is if one believes these creatures do exist, is that they are simply just undiscovered breed of wild dog, which I don't.
Speaker 2: Find two honestly, Oh I didn't say, I meant let me read you that.
Speaker 1: Okay, this clearly the most obvious explanation is if one believes in these creatures that they do exist, is that they are simply an undiscovered breed of dog.
Speaker 2: Many have claimed that dog Man is.
Speaker 1: Actually a prehistoric wolf or similar to what a coyote or a kai dog.
Speaker 3: You meant coyote.
Speaker 1: You know how there's you know how there's those coyotes that breed with natural like like with wild dogs.
Speaker 2: That's the theory.
Speaker 3: Ah and dinosaur dog like fuck that?
Speaker 6: Yeah? Do you.
Speaker 3: If they're not that knows they're not like there's only like two of them, they only oh actually, never mind, my fun fact contradicts set.
Speaker 1: Okay, great, Assuming these sightings are genuine, it's also possible that normal creatures of abnormal size are being misidentified, or that multiple creatures are being wrongfully labeled as the same creature. These theories would account for most of the witnesses describing like a wolf like animal, yet every so often someone claims it looks like a massive, malformed member of the bear family, So who fucking knows what this actually is.
Speaker 2: We had a fan shout out this topic.
Speaker 1: Actually you have to pay if you want me to say your name, because you've been mentioned before.
Speaker 2: I'm just joking, but.
Speaker 1: That yet, yeah, these yeah, go go join the Patreon with everybody else and you can fucking get your name.
Speaker 2: Shout out, shout it out.
Speaker 1: But the fact that, like, yeah, fans, honestly, if you have ideas for topics, we will discuss them, because this was a fan idea and we dove deep deep as you can because it's it's there's levels to this ship, bro.
Speaker 2: When it comes to cryptids, man, there's so ry.
Speaker 3: I know who this was and I remember im posting this.
Speaker 1: There's so many ship to do with cryptids, and I I think cryptids are such a fun topic because they are it's so fucked up and weird, and who knows if it's true?
Speaker 2: What are these people seeing?
Speaker 3: Like?
Speaker 2: Are people that's tripping out and have a mass hysteria.
Speaker 3: But it's time time for fox sakes, Billy. That was that was not the best. Okay, So I thought it's ticket to dogs today. Did you know that I got three different ones for you and the last one is gonna be the worst. Did you know that a dog's nose print is so unique and detailed that it's pretty much identical to a human fingerprint, like everyone has a different one.
Speaker 1: I swear, I don't know if it was you that told me that, but I swore I heard that before, that like their imprint.
Speaker 3: I didn't learned that that long ago.
Speaker 2: I've heard I've heard about that before.
Speaker 3: Okay. So secondly, it is illegal to own dogs and iran what the street dogs. They're considered garbage animals and you will get fine.
Speaker 2: I thought you're gonna be there. They're considered food, so you can't own one as a pet.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, all right, this is the biggest one. This fucking nuts. Dogs can produce like wildfire, one female and one male dog along with their offspring, can produce sixty seven thousand dogs in just six years.
Speaker 2: Why they just keep fucking yeah.
Speaker 3: Between like just one male and female. Give it six years and you let all the offspring keep fucking each other. Yeah, because it doesn't right, fucked man, because they're they're only pregnant for two months at a time, right, that's so crazy, sorry, not two months, four months at a time, and then they produce a litter of like eight or nine, and then every eight or nine has eight or nine, and then yeah, in about six years time, it says sixty seven thousand. I kind of want to do the math on that though. I read that, but like, I'm gonna do quick math on that. That's me crazy me. Let me quick double fact check that. Let's say every single one has nine, you get nine puppies, and then in four months you get another. Okay, so six years twelve times six, we're doing this math live. Seventy two months divided by four is eighteen pregnancies throughout the whole thing. You get eighteen times nine is one hundred and sixty two dogs. I can get pregnant in those eight months. So one hundred and sixty dogs getting pregnant eighteen times each. Yeah, it doesn't quite I got like twenty se six thousand and six years. I don't know how the sixty seven thousand came out, but that's fun. It is what it is. Obviously it's on a site. They obviously have a calculation for it somehow, But that's crazy.
Speaker 1: Well, I know you guys, I just got and we love you honestly, just supports the best ways by fucking merch man. I'm gonna start slowly, like we have a lot of designs on the page, but I'm gonna start fucking around and doing some uh designs. My friend did suggest we should do, you know how, I have that meme of the the guy from ancient Aliens, just like Aliens have that one that's like reptile my face, So I might my face, but we're gonna actually if the fans want to wants to wrap our face eventually, I'm looking at this year doing a design like no, like me and Billy's face cartoon. I razed, almost like yeah, almost like when there's like funny portraits they do the fucking character character caricatures, caricatures. I want a T shirt with me and Billy and both of our kind of personalities meshed into a So I'm looking at talking to people about doing that. But the best way to support us to support our merch and wear it and like I even went to all I got.
Speaker 2: I gotta shut them out because they asked me to.
Speaker 1: Tokyo Smoke asked me to shut them out because that's where I get a lot of my weed from and our products, and we do. We encourage people to enjoy cannabis on this podcasts.
Speaker 2: Much as Billy doesn't.
Speaker 1: CBD is good for Billy if he took it, like see, if you just want to do CBD alone, it's good.
Speaker 2: But Tokyo Smoke asked us shut up, shut them out. They were good, but they gave me a sticker. They did shout out, I know, but that they were asking me about.
Speaker 1: Like the podcast and stuff like that, and because they saw my shirt. So honestly, the more people that see our shirt and our merch and stuff like that is the more way you reach out. But honestly, join Patreon too, because we have things in the work. Especially we're gonna start getting more video equipment and stuff like that where if you're watching the YouTube, we will be getting into this one day, me and Billy and Alex will probably even fucking maybe it will play maybe easy, we'll get on it. We'll play the card game. Yeah, so we'll play that. We want to do stuff like that. You want the Patreon to be engaging, and we will eventually get there.
Speaker 2: Billy's been busy. I've been busy. Life happens. But we're trying to do as much content and push as much shit for the fans as we can because we love you and we know you guys.
Speaker 3: How was a boring PSA? Anyways, gotta shout it out. We got it out and now we love you and it is so good and then we'll do probably another one later with different stuff, but listen anyway, so you're appreciate it.
Speaker 6: Yeah, love officer and I went out there to take a look at it, and I just tried to chew in around the doors. You could see a dog drinking outside the window. There was obviously a dog.
Speaker 7: A cool summer morning in early June is when the legend began. At a nameless logan camp in Wexford County, where the Manistee River ran, eleven lumberjacks near the Garland Swamp found an animal they thought was a dog. In a playful move, they chased it around until it ran inside a hollow lag. A longer named Johnson grabbed him a stick, poked around inside then the thing let out an unearthly scream and came out and stood upright. None of those men ever said very much about whatever happened. Then they just packed up their malongings, left that night and were never.
Speaker 4: Heard from again.
Speaker 7: It was ten years later in ninety seven when a farmer near Buckley was found slumped over his plow.
Speaker 4: His heart had stopped. There were dog tracks all around.
Speaker 7: Seven years passed the turn of the century. This say had crazy old Woa had a dream of dogs that sirckled her house at night.
Speaker 4: They walked black men and screamed. In nineteen seventeen, a sheriff who.
Speaker 7: Was out walking found a driverless wagon and tracks of the dust.
Speaker 4: Like wolves and the stock. Near the roadside.
Speaker 7: A four horse team lay dead with their eyes open wide. When the vet finished up his examination, Beca said it looked like they died of fright. In thirty seven, a schooner captain said several crew members had reported a pack of wild dogs Roman Bowers Harmy.
Speaker 4: His story was never recorded.
Speaker 7: In fifty seven, a man of the cloth found claw marks on an old church door. The newspaper said they'd been made by a dog. He'd had to stood seven foot four. In sixty seven, a van load of Hippi stold a park ranger named Quinlan. They'd been awakened in the night by a scratch at the window. There was a dog man looking in and grinning. In seventy seven, there were screams in the.
Speaker 4: Night near the village sh of bel Air. Could have been a bobcat, could have been the wind. Nobody looked up there.
Speaker 7: Then in the summer of eighty seven, near Luther it happened again, and a cabin in the woods. It looked like maybe someone had tried to break in. There were cuts around the doors that could only been made by a very sharp teeth and claws.
Speaker 4: He didn't wear shoes because he didn't have feet. He walked up just to pause. So far this year, no stories have appeared. Have the dog been gone away? Have they disappeared? Soon enough?
Speaker 7: I guess we'll know, because this is the time to fear for another ten years has come around. The seventh year is here, and somewhere in the north Woods darkness a creature walks upright. And the best advice you may ever get is done go out at night.