Speaker 1: Oh that's are.
Speaker 2: Hello, and welcome to the show. This is the Cult of Conspiracy and on the Cage of Night and Raven and today we are doing part two of our Antarctica expose and deep dive. We covered a good amount of topics on the first go round, but this time we're going to push all the way through and we're going to get through all of the articles and the videos and the topics that we have left to go into. We barely touched on some of the topics we touched about the Big Hole, about the Nazi bass, about the radio signal that's coming out today we are going to actually do the deep dive into it, and more importantly, and I'm actually very excited about this one. The only confirmed murder to ever take place on Antarctica is still unsolved to this day and done on a raytheon base.
Speaker 3: You're really excited about this, and particular you keep being.
Speaker 2: Like, look at this, I am, I am really excited about this.
Speaker 3: We're gonna end up having to get a part three too, though, because like we're not even touching on the miss at all.
Speaker 2: We are going to be bringing up some hollow earth today a little bit, a little bit and we'll see how deep dive we go into that one. But that's also one that in so many ways in regards, can get its own episode in totality.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, because I really want to do one about Journey to the Center of the Earth. Yeah, and the books and the movies and all that vibe.
Speaker 2: So, without any further ado, good cult members, we are going to dive all the way in on Antarctica and all the things part dose. If you would like to see the articles that we are talking about today rather than just hear about them, than what you need to do is go to patreon dot com slash Cult Conspiracy Podcast. It's the only place to get the video of all of the things that we do and also see all of our beautiful affiliates that are also on the show. And then let's also not negate the fact that it is the only place where you can find this show. Absolutely commercial for you, listener, y'all, absolutely listen. Yeah, I was kind of slowing the buttons on that one. My apologies. Listen. Commercial suck, we get it, we know, But if you want to kids the right, I hate them. Look.
Speaker 3: Five dollars is literally a Starby's wondering I'm here for it.
Speaker 2: Not even find me one thing on the menu at Starbucks for five dollars.
Speaker 3: A black tea vienti.
Speaker 2: You're welcome? Who or that? Never mind?
Speaker 3: You know what I do.
Speaker 2: That's fair, very fair, fine, fine, excuse me for all the vinty black teas? Which is correct me? If I'm wrong? Isn't that small?
Speaker 3: A venty is?
Speaker 2: I don't know? Vince is Italian for twenty.
Speaker 3: No, it's tall is a small, A grande is a medium, A venti is a large, A trenta which you can only get in certain drinks I eat mostly. Tease is the extra large version. You're welcome.
Speaker 2: That doesn't make sense, makes perfect sense. Vinti is twenty in Italian. Is the drink like a twenty outs drink? Whatever, I'm not, I'm not going to take this opportunity to start shipping the start.
Speaker 3: I was a starb worker for quite a while.
Speaker 2: You're from Oregon. I figured, like all of y'all have to do time there, like a part of your coming page.
Speaker 3: It's like a plant worker down here. Everybody works as a planet.
Speaker 2: Okay, hey, hey, I'm not offended by this. Pretty much in Louisiana, if you're trying to get your start, you work as a helper on some crew in some plant. That's how you break out.
Speaker 3: Not everybody works at a Starbucks, but.
Speaker 2: I got most women.
Speaker 3: I would assume I got a job at Starbucks. At the airport in the International Concord. By the way, people be fucking wilding out at four am the goddamn morning in the International Concord.
Speaker 2: Oh dude, an airport that's like basically a bar with flights.
Speaker 3: It's insane. All I'm not saying all, I'm saying the majority of the Asian flights that would come over, they love frappuccinos. And for those of you that have never really have never made a frappuccino, they take the longest out of the entire menu to make, and you only have like between two to three actual frappuccino machines. And when you have a hundred of those motherfucking orders, they take forever, and it's just absolute chaos for like a solid hour long when the flight gets off.
Speaker 2: I didn't know that there's only like two or three frat machines that make It depends on how.
Speaker 3: Big the store is or like how much they actually have a flow. They try to to coordinate with how much they have, but.
Speaker 2: In the airport is basically like a Kiosk location at best.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it was really small. I think it's actually gotten quite bigger, but it was pretty small, and that would be the one thing that the Asian flights would get off and that's what they would order. It's funny, different parts of different flights from around the world would all order the same things. And it's like you'd be making a hundred cappuccinos when you'd be making a hundred lattes or a hundred freaking frappuccinos.
Speaker 2: And it's like, Okay, who knew Asians were so down with the frap? I figured that. Yeah, well yeah, but Boba SE's makes sense to me for the Asians. But FRAPs, I.
Speaker 3: Mean, but it's a cold drink. It's a cold shit, very flavored drink. I don't know, but I mean. I worked at another one outside of Colorado Springs, outside of the Army base, the busiest drive through ever.
Speaker 2: That's the way Americana start to finish.
Speaker 3: I'm joking so many No, we had people coming with the secret menu. For those of you that don't know, Starbucks still has a secret menu. Yes, you can access it and you can make them make you any drink off of that secret menu. Some of the drinks have like seventy five ingredients. I'm not even joking.
Speaker 2: Is it like the McDonald's secret menu, where like the mcgang bang is and things like that.
Speaker 3: They have so many different kinds of flavors and drinks. The only reason I knew about it is because we had this group of people that decided they wanted to try everything, and one of the drinks, no joke, had I probably at best fifty different ingredients.
Speaker 2: So pretty much you just went down the line of all the squirt bottles for flavorings.
Speaker 3: To just well you did like you did like squirt bottles, you did different the different drizzles, you did, the different types of coffee, because there's different ways to like mix the coffees in.
Speaker 2: It sounds horrible because some of those flavors do not meld well together.
Speaker 3: Personally, I thought it was the most discussing thing I've ever tried in my life.
Speaker 2: You tried it, Yeah, I made it.
Speaker 3: I was not going to spend twenty five minutes on a drink and not try it, Like you know, I asked them. I was like can I I was.
Speaker 2: Gonna say, like, yo, did you straight up like take a sip? No? They act like they didn't like watching them. Okay, okay, okay.
Speaker 3: And they're like, what's that? What's that? What's this? I don't know why people, though, can't make a goddamn Starbucks drink down here in the South most of the time.
Speaker 2: I don't know why people can just drink black coffee like adults. It kills me because it's disgusting. You're not peasants, but you'll drink a black unsweetened tea.
Speaker 3: First off, I like it with one pump, a classic, thank you?
Speaker 2: What the hell is? Classic?
Speaker 3: Classic is literally like cane syrup.
Speaker 2: It's simple syrup. Then like it bars and.
Speaker 3: I mean it's like sugar. You can do one pump. I actually I really like it with raw sugar, but they always fuck it up, so I just have decided not to somehow manage to get a raw sugar. Somehow they mess it up.
Speaker 2: So I'll say this, it's not the South. It depends on the city. Like if you were to go to New Orleans, I bet you the Starbucks there they can get a poppin' I don't know that. For a fact, I don't typically order Starbey's because I drink normal black coffee with chickory. Because I'm just a normal old Louisiana boy at heart.
Speaker 3: You like mochas. Don't even fucking lie to these.
Speaker 2: If somebody's gonna buy one for me, then sure, But I am not going out of my way, like I'm not on my drive and I'm thinking like, ooh, let me swing into a Starby's for a moca, Like that's that's just not me. And I'm not shitting on those that get down with Starby's. It's just not my preferred ghosts.
Speaker 3: I will hunt one down like I will hunt a Starbucks. I s it, yeah, yeah, because every time I try to do drink other people's coffee, it's like, oh God, gross.
Speaker 2: It, tar, you need to be able to chew it.
Speaker 3: No. My favorite coffee, actually an organ is Country Coffee and it's these little coffee stands that was made by this woman that passed away two years ago from a quad accident. But thankfully her family is still going strong. But they use a Colombian coffee oh okay, and it is fantastic, is very very strong. But I haven't found anything down here equivalent to that so far. It's not Starbucks, because I do love me some Starby's. So I am the what.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 3: I was waiting for you to make the joke of like a woman.
Speaker 2: Oh, it's not like a secret that white women are obsessed with Starbucks. That's that's no, no, no, not just white people. But when you think of a stereotypical Becky, right, she's dressed a certain way, you already can guess what I'm gonna list, but I'm not gonna go there, right, and you could probably guess what she drives. You could probably guess one of five perfumes that she's wearing. You can probably guess what kind of bag she's carrying, and I bet you can guess what kind of drink she's carrying in her hand. I'm not going there, good cult members, the internet has done that at nauseum. I'm just saying, stereotypes exist for a reason.
Speaker 3: Okay, okay, so what I'm saying, that's what I'm saying. You know what I feel like when the COLT members see me, they're like, why is she wearing Halloween stuff? Because because it's life, y'all, it's life year round.
Speaker 2: Silly question. She's a goth queen.
Speaker 3: God, It's just I miss Halloween already.
Speaker 2: Although you are the reason why I now know what Summer Ween is. I didn't know that that was thing good cult members until this year.
Speaker 3: But it's so great that that Walmart has jumped onto this bandwagon and now sells Halloween Summer Weeen aka in June and July.
Speaker 2: I'm not mad at it. Inherently, I'm not.
Speaker 3: I'm not also star a Spirit of Halloween is has created not a ton of stores, but has their own line of Christmas.
Speaker 2: Last year they did two locations Spirit of Christmas and it's basically if Nightmare Before Christmas went into a store. It's a lot of crumpest things, for sure. But they did a test run up it last year, and shocker, it was super successful at the two locations. So I won't be shocked whenever they start doing that more and more and we.
Speaker 3: Will crash out. The guy will actually just like my store. Yo, that Michaels did a goth all black theme this year. Michaels Michael's dead and it's beautiful. It just makes my whole heart melt with happiness.
Speaker 2: All right, So Anyway, we have talked a good bit about these things. Now get them back on track. Yes, we talked about. The whole thing that started this tangent was the five dollars tier.
Speaker 3: Wait wait, you're still on Patreon, sorry'all.
Speaker 2: So if you would like to see us commercial free and get all of our episodes a couple of days in advance, which actually, if I'm not mistaken, this last week three episodes that we shot all dropped within like three hours of each other, and that was pretty much the Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday block of this week. If you would like to see them a couple of days in advance and see our faces and see all the articles and videos that we will be going over, go to patreon dot com slash Cult to Conspiracy Podcast and hit that five dollars tier. But if you would like to join us every Tuesday night for the Cult Member Live that we do with all of our Third Eye all the way open members, then come and do that. Go to that ten dollars tier. It's only ten dollars a month. That's not a lot of money. That's that's actually one Starbucks drink. Let's be real, and you know you get to jump in on the Conversation every Tuesday night, nine pm Central. It is always a blast. Come be a part of the cult collective. Come see all the resident correspondents that we have. We currently have the resident spirit Animal, we have, the resident Jewish Correspondent, the resident trans correspondent, the resident furry correspondent. Who else do we have?
Speaker 3: We have the resident lesbian correspondent.
Speaker 2: We do have a resident lesbian correspondent. For sure. We're all over the place. Anybody who thinks that we're a bunch of maga Bible thumpers up in here, like listen, I hate to tell you, but our cult members would say otherwise.
Speaker 3: So, Plus, you can also bring us articles and things that you want to discuss or have us do deep dives into, and it gives us an opportunity to look at some other stuff that we might not have thought about.
Speaker 2: Indeed, indeed, a lot of the suggestions that we have gotten on those lives have ended up becoming episodes in the weeks and months following. That's the thing though, unless we already have on our schedule, like in the next two weeks, we have this, this, than this that we're going to shoot on. But if you make a really good suggestion. Hell, we'll bump some things, you know what I mean, or we'll put on the list to be a part of something on a later date. So do you like to be a part of these things? Patreon dot com slash Cult Conspiracy Podcast. Without further ado, I am going to start on this article here. This is from the British Antarctic Survey. We talked briefly on the first episode about how Antarctica is melting from the inside out. It's very strange, it makes no logical sense. And we did talk about how there are two volcanoes on Antarcticle. One of them is still active from time it's not but the way that this is going on, it's not near the volcanoes. I have three different articles pulled up, one from twenty eighteen, one from twenty twenty three, and one from twenty twenty five, and I want you good cult members to notice how the narrative shifts in just the course of a few years. This is how science works. And I understand that you come up with a working theory, you put it out there, it gets period reviewed, and especially if it's something that can't be proven, it stays into the realm of a hypothetical and it stays there until it's proven otherwise. I understand that. But these massive jumps that are happening in a very very short, condensed amount of time, they really don't be knowing what's going on with it, honestly, and it's fascinating. So let's dive into it.
Speaker 4: Here.
Speaker 2: It's November fourteenth of twenty eighteen. God, that feels like a lifetime ago, doesn't it. Pre COVID God, Yeah.
Speaker 3: I don't even remember, Like, I don't even remember what I was doing then. I was in school, one of one of two schools, or yeah, probably.
Speaker 2: I think I was. I don't even I don't know.
Speaker 3: I think I was in Midwiffrey School. And I was also still working as a DULA and yeah, living life. Yeah, for those of you that don't know, I've been at DULA for like eight years, so I.
Speaker 2: Think I was going through a divorce. Cod be wrong. I don't know, honestly. To be completely transparent with you, from twenty sixteen and now just seems like a real weird blur. And I only give that distinction because from twenty fourteen to twenty actually, yeah, no, I was in college. I might have just finished one term and it was trying to go and finish up my third degree. Don't know, it's all a blur from twenty fourteen when I got the military to now. It just seems like one big whirlwind. You know. I'm still trying to catch my breath. But like every day just brings on new curve balls.
Speaker 3: But twenty twenty wild, Like I feel like it physically reset all of us in a weird way.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't know. It definitely made a lot of people question narratives, which is very good, and that's when this podcast was founded. So yeah, twenty twenty was a good one for some of us and was horrible for others. You know, It's one of those subjective things. Anyway, let's get into it now. So scientists have discovered an area near the South Pole where the base of the Antarctic ice sheet is melting unexpectedly quickly. Using radar to look through three kilometers of ice, the team found that some of the ice covering an area that's twice the size of Greater London appeared to be missing. The results are published this week in the journal Scientific Reports. This new study explains how an unusual amount of geothermal heat has melted and continues to melt the base of the ice, results in the ice sheet layers above sagging downward. So that's my point. The top ice sheet layer is still solid, but underneath it is what's melting. Now you got this weird dip. It's like a you know, a bowl almost of ice.
Speaker 3: Is it not the salt, because I mean, from everything we read last episode, so much is like crazy amous salt three times five times the amount of how salty it is the ocean and these lakes in these river and these you know, quote unquote rivers or you know, tunnels, whatever the hell they are. Would it not be that? Maybe?
Speaker 2: Maybe, But at the same time, this wasn't or we're gonna read more into it, but I don't believe that this was a lake. This was just ice that for some reason is melting from the bottom up rather than from the top down. Okay, So I mean, let's get into it here. The team believes the heat source is a combination of unusually radioactive rocks and hot water coming up from deep under the ground. This heat melts the base of the ice sheets, producing melting water, which drains away beneath the ice sheets. Filling subglacial lakes downstream. The presence of this extra water may help lubricate the fast flowing ice in this area. So they're thinking unusual radioactive rocks, the Mars clearly, the Mars rocks that they keep finding clearly, and hot water. All right, let's get into it. So lead author doctor Tom Jordan of British Antarctic Survey BAS says, quote, the process of melting we observe has probably been going on for thousands or maybe even millions of years and isn't directly contributing to ice sheet change. However, in the future the extra water at the ice sheet bed may make this region more sensitive to external factors such as climate change. Of course goes climate change. That's a good blavor everything. The study collected data using BAS aircraft as part of the Polar Gap project. This international project, funded by the European Space Agency with researchers from Norway, Denmark and the UK, aim to fill the gap in satellite gravity data around the South Pole. Critical for this study, scientists also collected radar data revealing the thickness, structure and conditions at the base of the ice sheet. So here we have a little bit of an image of you know, a plane it's flying over the South Pole. We got ice layers going on here, and then we just got this spot right here where it's melting. And they believe that it's because of hot rocks and hot water right here, but they don't know.
Speaker 3: So it looks like it's melting pushing the water out on the right and left that's being converted back into water down below that's heating up from the from the hot rock that's melting it even more so, it's gonna it's a cycle.
Speaker 2: But again it looks like potentially in the realm of working theory. Yes, so let's see, let's keep going on this this image again. This is twenty eighteen. They've had a few other theories be proposed as to what is making this happen, but this is not the It's not a dumb theory by any means, except what is making this whole hot rock situation happen? I don't know, right, neither do they. Doctor Jordan continues, this was a really exciting project exploring one of the last totally unsurveyed regions on our planet. Our results were quite unexpected, as many people thought this region of Antarctica was made of ancient and cold rocks, which had little impact on the ice sheet. Above, we show that even in the ancient continental interior, the underlying geology can have a significant impact on the ice. Co author doctor Renee Forsberg from the Technical University of Denmark says this was a great example of how nations work together, or how nations working together rather can explore the most challenging regions on our planet. In particular, we thank the US Antarctic Program for their great hospitality at the South Pole Station and the British Antarctic Survey for their incredible logistical efficiency. It is also an example of how a project originally designed to augment satellite data for the European Space Agency could produce completely unexpected scientific results. So okay, fair enough, now this is issued. Oh this is the uh I'm sorry, there's just the sided of it.
Speaker 3: So just really quick, because I've had people keep asking me where to get information. If you go down in articles to the cited part, that is where you can actually find more peer reviewed articles that help you, and like it only has a couple, but here hear how it has the Nature dot com articles. That's how you can find your own research when digging into different topics and stuff like that is going to the end of all. Say you find a good article that you like, go to the end where the citations are. That's where you can find more and that's how you can continue building on whatever topic it is that you're looking for that has peer reviewed articles. That's how you can do it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm glad that you actually brought that up because a lot of people especially that are looking for factual and I use factual loosely quote unquot because everything is in the realm of theory until it has proven cool. Cool. But when it comes to scientific exploration or archaeological digs or all these things, you hear these names doctor fuckwad from whatever university someplace you never heard of, some doctor you've never heard of. Do you even know if this is an expert in his field or is he a quack in his field? Like you never know. If you go down to the citations and you click on more things that they have been quoted in, or you can even find his peer review journal, then that will give you a much better insight to this and see who the peers were that reviewed it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so one of the things that says that it's from Journal of Scientific Reports. So you can actually go to these websites and you're able to go through a lot of them. Most of them you can access. Google did have Google scholars dot com where you just type in Google scholar. For some reason, mine's being blocked, but I'm not sure if everyone's is.
Speaker 2: Being blocked because you're a conspiracy theorist. Now they know it.
Speaker 3: I don't know. They started blocking me like a month ago, and I'm like, okay, assholes. See, but you can actually find scientific articles inside the different locations, and that way you can you can go in a crazy deep dive on one topic and find hundreds of articles that have been published over the last hundred years plus.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Typically when you do any kind of research, you do want to get within the last ten years quote unquote, because that's when it's more relative relative. But it's for me, I like to look all the way back because there is a lot of weird information when you get further back that they've kind of like changed back and forth.
Speaker 2: But it also depends on the journal. Some of these journal entries are like thirty five pages long, and you have to like really dig to find that.
Speaker 3: Currently, I will say I have read through so many one hundred page pluses. But when you go to these type of journals, what you want to do is is in the beginning, it will tell you exactly what they're going to talk about. They will break it down for you, and it might be two pages long.
Speaker 2: The two page long thesis is absolutely a thing.
Speaker 3: Yeah, where they just tell you, they give you a snapshot of what they're going to talk about. Then they're going to give you a table of contents. You can actually just use what you have in the beginning and it will tell you a lot of factual data and you can kind of decipher, hey, maybe I do want to look through this. It does talk a lot about statistics, so you have to learn about kind of how to read statistics. But definitely use the beginning to see if you want to do that. And I keep having people ask me how to do any type of research, and that's really how you can start learning how to do your own research that's actually factual because going to TikTok and going to Instagram, it does give you ideas to put in to go look for. Not always though, no, but it gives you an idea of like, hey, I heard this weird things, so that's what I do. I hear stuff on social media's and while I also just read live science and different stuff, but I hear it and I'm like, you know what, I'm going to go look this up. So then I start digging. And that gives you a place to dig. So when you actually are having these you know, potential arguments with people or debates or wanting to talk and actually have real science behind you or facts, that's how you can start looking for it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, a lot of people that have never been to college. And I'm not saying that it is some sort of a haughty, looking down from my high horse type of way. I went to a tech school. Let's not get it twisted here. I wasn't like I went to a major university or anything. But for a lot of people that have never done that level of like a research paper and had to show their sites, they wouldn't know where to look or where to go to get more information. So this is good.
Speaker 3: Well, people actually don't. They don't teach it. They just tell you to go. So I'm actually one of my close friends is back in school and we were just having this conversation. She is insanely intelligent and already already holds several degrees, and we were talking about research and she's like, could you show me how to use the search engine? Because they don't really show you how, and they don't tell you or teach you how. I actually took a class from a lady that does communications with the Midwiffree School because she was so good at finding things I was asking her. It was like a put together class, as in there was four of us because I kept hounding her for how do I do this? I need to learn and that's the only reason, plus me being crazy about wanting to learn research, it's the only reason why I started to learn how to do this. But unfortunately they don't really want you. I feel like personally, they don't want you to know how to do this because once you start reading enough research papers, you will hear the bias. Just read out the gate in the abstract, Yeah you will. You can pick it up easy, and then you're like, oh, okay, so you're gonna sway whatever whatever statistics that you're finding, you're swinging it towards whatever way that you want it. You can clearly start to decipher what you're reading. But it takes a lot of time. I will say that I have read I can't even tell you thousands, honestly of articles.
Speaker 2: So abstract is where the money is at as far as like getting the feeling goes.
Speaker 3: Though.
Speaker 2: So one of my chemistry teachers, doctor Shadrack, shout out he had he got his doctor from defending his thesis. It was a ten page abstract of his thesis on copper oxidation. I read it. My god, the level of intellect on this gentleman blew me away. And at the same time, I didn't know there was that much to defend as far as copper oxidation goes. But boil boy, was I wrong.
Speaker 3: The PTSD claim is a really fascinating one. There's actually a heavy deb over certain categories of PTSD and how it, what type it is, and stuff. And the one abstract was no joke, twenty nine pages long.
Speaker 2: Uh huh.
Speaker 3: And I was like, all right, I'm I'm in it for the long haul. I'm going to read all of this, but that's where you find your bread and butnder to, hey, maybe I want to do this. And if you don't like the abstract or you find like one or two things, scroll all the way to the bottom, and they're going to list probably like anywhere between ten to one hundred citations. Read through that list and see you'll tell like, hey, maybe this might have something. Hey maybe it won't. Maybe it will like go through click with different ones, figure out what you want to read it about. But I know this is super off topic, but I really wanted people to be able to start to learn how to do their own research so that way they're not depending on other people and social media telling them what they want to learn.
Speaker 2: I think it's very on topic as a matter of fact. So for anybody who wants to do their own digging, now you know how. But if you don't because you don't have enough time for all that excess reading in things, that's why you come to the Cult Conspiracy podcast. Honestly, moving on, so the in twenty eighteen, they believe that it was hot rocks, radioactive rocks, and hot water that was kind of cycling that was just making it happen, and it was a working theory, don't get me wrong. So now we are going to go to sciencenews dot com. Independent journalism since nineteen twenty one.
Speaker 3: I actually really like this this group.
Speaker 2: Okay, so a massive cavern neath a West Antarctic glacier is teeming with life, so let's get into it here. This is from twenty twenty three. The coastal plain of the calm Ice Stream in West Antarctic Glacier hardly seems like a coast at all. Stand in its place, eight hundred kilometers from the south pole, and you'll see nothing but flat ice extending in every direction. The ice is some seven hundred meters thick and stretches out for hundreds of kilometers off the coastline. Floating on the water on clear summer days, the ice reflects the sunlight with such ferocity that it inflicts sunburn on the insides of your nostrils. That's wind, yeah, snowblindness.
Speaker 3: Well I know that, but like inside your nostrils.
Speaker 2: Ooh man, very reflective. Man.
Speaker 3: That really made my nose hurt.
Speaker 2: I just felt that burn. I know.
Speaker 3: I was like, ooh, my nostrils. I'm not even there.
Speaker 2: It might seem hard to believe, but hidden beneath this ice is a muddy tidal marsh where a burbling that's a word they just used. A burbling river winds its way into the ocean. I feel like they're just making words up. I've never heard of burbling, and I've never heard of winds. I've heard of that babblings babbling book like they mean babbling, because that's how you are. Right, there's the burbling, burbling river winds.
Speaker 3: I've really thought they just made up some random ship.
Speaker 2: Until recently, no human had ever glimpsed that secret landscape. Scientists have merely inferred its existence from the faint reflections of radar and seismic waves, but enclosing the in the closing days of twenty twenty one, a team of scientists from New Zealand melted a narrow hole through the glacier's ice and lowered in a camera. They had hoped that the hole would insurtersect with the river, which they believed had melted a channel up into the ice, a vast water filled cavity nearly tall enough to hold the Empire State Building and half as long as Manhattan. On December twenty ninth, Craig Stevens finally got his first look inside. It is a moment that he will always remember well, Yeah, no doubt Stevens is a physical oceanographer with New Zealand's National Institute of Water and Atmospheric Research. In Wellington's ninety Anxious Minutes that day in Antarctica, with his head buried Ostrich style under a thick down jacket to block the sunlight that would otherwise obscure his computer monitor, there he watched live video from the camera as it descended into the hole. Icy circular walls scrolled past, reminiscent of a cosmic wormhole. Suddenly, at a depth of five hundred and two meters, the walls widened out. Stephen shouted for a cogglige to halt the winch, Lowering the camera, he stared at the screen as the camera rotated idly on its cable. Its floodlights raked across the ceiling of the glacial ice. A startling sight scalloped into delicate crests and waves. It resembled the dreamy undulations that might take millennia to form in a limestone cavern. Okay, they're being very artistic with their words here, but I hope I'm getting it right here. Honestly, I'm kind of not sure if I'm pronouncing these words right. But it's cool. I got English as a second language. A mare is a first Obviously, the interior of a cathedral stays Stephens a cathedral not only in beauty but also in size. As the wind free started, the camera journey downward for another half hour through two hundred and forty two meters of sunless water, Bits of reflective silt stirred up by a current stream back down like snowflakes through the black void. Stevens and his colleague spent the next two weeks lowering instruments into the void. Their observations revealed that this coastal river had melted a massive steep walled cavern, cutting as far as three hundred and fifty meters up into the overlying ice. The caverns extends for at least ten kilometers and appears to be boring inland further upstream into the ice sheet, where each pass with each passing year. This cavity offers research a window into the network of subglacial rivers and lakes that extend hundreds of kilometers inland from this part of West Antarctica. It's an otherworldly environment that humans have barely explored, and is laden with evidences of Antarctica's warm, distant past when it was still inhabited by a few stunned trees. They say, a few. We read earlier that that was a rainforest.
Speaker 3: Yeah, a few stun trees. It's like a legit rainforest.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so maybe this one section wasn't all rainforest y.
Speaker 3: I don't know, fair because the model does show that there's different sections that it's more rainforest esque than other sections.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: With the new bedmap three, So.
Speaker 2: Which Antarctica is fucking huge for the record, it's so big, just throwing out like the state of Texas, just for an example. In that same state, you will have coastline beaches, you will have swamps, you will have baious, you'll have thick, thick forests, and you'll also have desert. So when we look at Antarctica, it also would stand to reason that it would have some areas that were very marsh like, some areas that were very rainforest like, some areas that were very mountainous like, because they do have that mountain range. So it's it's not like it's a small spot.
Speaker 3: No, I mean, just in organ which is way smaller, we have everything too. Yeah, So I mean we have like a quadron of it.
Speaker 2: So I feel like I don't have bious there maybe wash use.
Speaker 3: Key not by used no, but we have the dunes, we have the mountains. We have down below is more hot and sandy, you know, desert like yeah, I mean it just depends on which location you're at in one state. I mean lots of states are like that, so it wouldn't It would make sense if it wouldn't have a bunch. But I mean to only say that it had a few trees.
Speaker 2: I see, but that's correct. This is twenty twenty three. They have had more significant findings since then too, so like I don't know. One of the biggest surprises came is the camera reached the bottom that day. Stephen gays and disbelief as dozens of orange blurs swam and darted on his monitor. Evidence at this place, roughly five hundred kilometers from the open sunlit ocean, is nonetheless bustling with marine animals. Seeing them was just complete shock. Saw Hugh Horgan? Wow to name who whole Horgan? Huw Yeah?
Speaker 3: Where's Royce when we need him?
Speaker 2: Oh? Yeah, that is totally Jewish? Who Horgan? Actually he might be Norwegian. I might have just said it right accidentally, who knows. A glaciologist formerly at the Victoria University of Wellington who led the drilling expedition, Horgan, who recently moved to etch Zurich, wants to know how much water is flowing through the cavern and how its growth will impact the cam Ice stream over time. Cam is unlikely to fall apart anytime soon. This part of West Antarctica is not immediately threatened by climate change, but the cavern might still offer clues to how subglacial water could affect more vulnerable glaciers. So what's beneath the Antarctica's ice sheet? Scientists have long surmised that a veneer of liquid water sits beneath much of the ice sheet covering Antarctica. This water forms as the bottom of the ice slowly melts several penny thicknesses per year. Okay, well, rip to the penny. America doesn't make those anymore due to heat seeping from the Earth's interior. In two thousand and seven, Helen Amanda Fricker, Good God, these names, a glaciologist at the Scripts Institute of Oceanography in La Jolla, California. My favorite beach on Earth my dad is in La Joya. What La Joya?
Speaker 3: I know, but the way you said it was funny, I was like.
Speaker 2: In La Joya reportedly or reported evidence that this water pools into large lakes beneath the ice and can flood quickly from the one lake to another. That was from her. They actually give a citation for that one as well, so that's interesting. Fricker was looking at data from NASA's Ice Cloud and Land Elevation Satellite, or ice at WOW, which measures the height of the ice surface by reflecting a laser off of it. The surface at several spots in western Antarctica seemed to bob up and down, rising and falling by as much as nine meters over a couple of years. She interpreted these active spots as slow subglacial lakes as they filled and then spilled out their water, the overly ice rows overlying ice rose and fell rather. Fricker's team and several others eventually found over three hundred and fifty of these lakes scattered around Antarctica, including a couple dozen beneath cam and It's neighboring glacier, the Willin's ice Stream WOW. So these all on screen right now. These are all subglacial lakes that are just chilling out underneath the ice sheet.
Speaker 3: Wow. And we actually read like four hundred and something the other day on the first episode. So they've found even more in the last two years three years.
Speaker 2: I guess it's because they just haven't looked at Antarctica with this type of equipment up until this point.
Speaker 3: But I think it's really interesting though, how they're able to look at the look at the Antarctica's sheets and figure out different things just by reflection and using the satellite data.
Speaker 2: Absolutely agree the lakes provide great interest because they were expected to harbor life and might provide insights about what sorts of organisms could survive in other worlds deep within the ice covered moons of Jupiter and Saturn, for instance. The layers of sediment and Antarctica's lakes might also offer glimpses into continents, ancient climate, ecosystems, and ice cover. Teams funded by Russia, the United Kingdom, and the United States attempted to drill into glacial lakes in twenty thirteen. The US led team's success Jesus, I can't speak. The US lead team succeeded melting through eight hundred meters of ice and tapping into a reservoir called subglacial Lake Willands. It was teeming with microbes one hundred and thirty thousand cells per milli liter of lake water. Wow, wows. And I understand that people are going to say, like, Okay, it's a microbe, what difference does it make. That's a lot for a microbe that has never seen light, never touched oxygen, and somehow for body estimations, here millions and millions of millions of years has been underneath ice and has never even seen sunlight. That's impressive that it's that packed with life.
Speaker 3: I thought it was interesting how they brought up Saturn and Jupiter, and we had the meteorates from Mars allegedly, so now they're talking about two other planets on top of that having life.
Speaker 2: Well maybe because one of their moons they're covered with ice.
Speaker 3: I know. But before they said there's no way that their life could be on any of these planets, And now everything is stemming from these lakes and all the microbes that they were finding, microorganisms that they're finding down there, So saying.
Speaker 2: I agree, maybe they're from there. It's possible.
Speaker 3: Millions and millions of years. I still stand by that theory.
Speaker 2: That these microbes are alien in nature.
Speaker 3: Yes, I do. I really do think so.
Speaker 2: I'm on the fifty to fifty side of it. Is it possible that they kind of got encapsulated where they were and that they have mutated in order to survive in that harsh environment, and that's just why and how they've operated the way they have. For sure, Is it possible that this whole planet is one glorified alien ant farm life on this planet is a part of the experiment. It's possible.
Speaker 3: Maybe. I'm still thinking that maybe because of all the meters that they've had there, that potentially some type of organisms have fallen from other planets at one point.
Speaker 2: Why not?
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 2: There's a theory out there to say that even water is not natural to Earth and that all of it came from meteors.
Speaker 3: I have heard of this, and that it just recycles through in which it does, and the water memory, yeah, and it holds memory, which we know, and I've been saying. It just makes more sense to me that they these potential spots that have been covered for you know, twelve million plus years, could be from other planets.
Speaker 2: Very well could be Horgan Hill helped map lake villands before drilling began, but by the time the lake was breached, he and others were becoming intrigued with another facet of the subglacial landscape. The rivers thought to carry water from one lake to another and eventually to the ocean. Finding these hidden rivers require complicated guesswork. Guesswork. Their flow paths are influenced not only by the subglacial topography, but also by differences in thickness of overlying ice. Water moves from places where the ice is thick and the pressure is high two places where it is thinner and the pressure is lower, which makes sense. That's all pump works, meaning that rivers can sometimes run uphill. Right again. This is the very basis from physics to how water moves and how the Romans were able to build the aqueducts to move water long distances as they were. By twenty fifteen, scientists had mapped the likely paths of several dozen subglacial rivers, but drilling into them seem far fetched. The rivers are now targets of the and their exact locations often uncertain. But around that time Horgan got a lucky break. While examining a satellite photo of camb Ice Stream, he noticed a wrinkle in the pixelated tapestry of the image. The wrinkle resembled a long, shallow trough in the surface of the ice, as if the ice had sagged from melting beneath. The trough sets of several kilometers from the hypothetical path of one subglacial river. Horgan believed that it marked the spot where the river had flowed over a coastal plain and spilled into the ice covered sea. In twenty sixteen, while visiting the area for an unrelated research project, Horgan and his companions detoured briefly to the surface trough to take their radar measurements. Sure enough, they found a void under the ice filled with liquid water. I found it weird that they would have to say liquid water, because otherwise it would have been ice. You could have just said filled with water. But okay, whatever. Horgan began making plans to study it more closely. He would return twice in the next few years, once to map the river in detail, and a second time to drill into it. What he found greatly exceeded his expectations, so this is talking about how he mapped a subglacial landscape. Horgan and graduate student Aaron Whiteford of the Victoria University of Wellington visited the lower Camp ice stream to map the river in December of twenty nineteen. After weeks on the anarch ice sheet, they'd grown a custom to its monotonous flat landscape, their perception sensitized to even tiny ups and downs. In this context, the surface trough looked like this massive chasm, Whiffert said, like an amphitheater, even though it slanted no more dramatically than a rolling cornfield in Iowa. But to them, especially if you're used to looking at the flatness of it, you'll notice this. In the it was a week of scientific drudgery telling the ice penetrating radar behind a snowmobile along a series of straight, parallel lines that criss crossed through the map the shape of the river channel under the ice. Horgan and Whitford, Whiteford, Witniford, I don't know. Worked up to twelve hours per day, occasionally trading positions. One person drove the snowmobile, straining his thumb on the throttle to maintain a consistent eight kilometer per hour two sleds hissed along behind one haliday transmitter that fired radar waves into the glacier below. The other hailed in antenna that received the signal reflecting back from the bottom of the ice. The second person rode on this led with the antenna, his eyes on a bouncing laptop screen, making sure that the radar was functioning even each evenly, each evening Jesus, they huddled in their tent, reviewing the radar traces. The river channel appeared far more dramatic than the gentle dip atop the ice suggested. Below their boots sat a vast waterfilled cavern with steep sides like a train tunnel, two hundred meters to a kilometer wide and cutting as much as fifty percent of the way up the glacier. They The more they looked, the more it resembled a river kind of meanders downstream, Whitford said Altahll. Whitford made two week long visits to the trough snowmobiling over from another camp fifty kilometers away. The first time he was accompanied by Horgan, and the second time by another graduate student, Martin Forbes. After returning home to New Zealand in January of twenty twenty, Whitford examined a series of old satellite images. They showed that the surface trough and hence the cavern, had begun forming at least thirty five years before. So it started forming thirty five years prior.
Speaker 3: It's pretty quick and.
Speaker 2: They just happened upon it in the way that they did, which is impressive. Starting with a blip at the very mouth of the river where it ran into the ocean. That blip had gradually lengthened, reaching progressively further inland and upstream. Whitford and Horgan reported the observations in late twenty two in the Journal of Geophysical Research Earth Surface, along with their theory about how the cavern formed. So I wanted to get down to where they talk about how it formed? So how did the cavern form? On December fourth, twenty twenty one, a pair of caterpillar tracked Pittston bullies arrived at the place where Horgan and Whitford had visited two years before. The tractors had traveled for sixteen days from New Zealand scott based on the edge of the continent, growling across one thousand kilometers of floating ice as they towed a convoy of sleds packed with ninety metric tons of food, fuel, and so scientific gear. The convoy lumbered around to the upstream end of the valley and stopped. Workers escorted a tent the size of a small aircraft hangar, and inside it assembled a series of water heaters, pumps, and a kilometer of hose a machine called a hot water drill. Using shovels and a small mechanized scooper, they dumped fifty four tons of snow into a tank and melted it. The workers then jetted that hot water through the hose, using it to melt a narrow hole no wider than a dinner plate, through five hundred meters of ice, and down through the domed ceiling of the cavern. So this is actually kind of a three D model of what it was that they were looking at here. It's pretty impressive. Workers next lowered an instrument down the borehole to measure the water temperature and salinity inside the cavern. They found that the top fifty meters of water cold, of water colder and fresher than what lay below, confirming that seawater was flowing in along the bottom and more buoyant mixture of saltwater and fresh water was flowing out along the top the cavern, says Stevens, is operating quite like an estuary. But those measurements also presented a mystery. The water on top of the cavern was only about one percent less salty than the sea water in its bottom, suggesting that the amount of fresh water flowing in through the river was quite small. It's akin to a shallow creek that a young kid might splash round in. He and Horgan doubted that the turbulence caused by this small flow, even over thirty five years, could melt the entire cavern roughly a cubic kilometer of ice. They go on later on to say that it's because of this movement might be bringing more of a gravelly mixture or salty mixture that might be eroding some of the ice away too. But all of that to say there the first theory that we read about was basically saying that there's hot rocks and radioactive rocks that are heating up water along the bottom, and this is what's flowing essentially and making more and more of these caverns happen. Now they're saying that these caverns are being made by essentially rivers that are flowing from one lake to another or one pond to another. However, they want to classify that, and they're saying that that might be what's making the caverns bigger in certain areas. But again, it's not exactly a guaranteed answer one way or another. They're finding these readings, sure, but nothing is confirmed. It's all belief and theory at this point. So now let's look at the National Snow and Ice Data Center. Okay, so the title of this is Surge and Antarctica's Melting as New Year arrives, and this is from January of this year, twenty twenty five. Widespread coastal melting occurred in Antarctica through the second and half of December and is continuing in it in the first few days of the new year. In several areas, nearly every region with routine surface snow melt has had more days of melt than it's typical for the first time of year or for this time of year. Other causes of the melting vary by region, but it's noteworthy that the temperature over Antarctic ice sheets have been generally above average by roughly two degrees celsius or about four degrees fahrenheit over the entire latter half of twenty twenty four. By contrast, cooler conditions prevail over the adjacent ocean in the Wettele and Ross Seas, which contributed to a slower springtime sea ice retreat. So now we're talking current conditions, and they do have a lot of graphs and maps showing a lot of this data. Once again, if you would like to see what we're talking about round then just hear about Patreon dot com slash could Conspiracy podcast. Surface melt extent over the Antarctic ice sheet rose sharply again in late December after a record melt event in mid December, culminating in an all time record melt extent in the passive microwave satellite record on December twenty fifth and twenty sixth, surpassing three percent of the ice sheet area. Surface melt remained high in the first few days of the new year, particularly in the Northern Peninsula in its second melt surge. Surface melting happened over several areas of the eastern Antarctic, including the Amory West and Shackleton ice shelves, the Totten Glacier and Porpoise Bay region, and hook are Sorry cook Inlet. Nearly all these areas have already accumulated above average melt days for the first time of year by five to ten days. So they're talking about just in generality. There's a lot of melt going on here, so conditions. So the causes for the widespread melt event in late December vary from region to region. In the peninsula, an arrangement of low pressure in the west and high pressure to the northeast drove persistent eastward winds across peninsula, leading to downslope warm and dry wind events over the northeastern Larsen ice shelf. Oh, I didn't mean to bump the camera. About that. Sorry about that. The iconic wind pattern of the low pressure was extensive enough to also drive winds from the east along to the southern end of the peninsula, bringing phone winds phone fall fun.
Speaker 3: Okay, it's foe e each inn, just in case anyone's wondering.
Speaker 2: Looks like a damn Celtic word. Full fall hon and melts on to the George. The Sixth and Wilkins ice shelves along the eastern Antarctic coast from Enderby land Land all the way to Cape Adare. The melting was accompanied by several strong low pressure systems that closely approached the coastline, again drawing strong downhill winds off the continental ice where prominent above average air pressure fed low pressure offshore areas. So anyway, long story short, they're saying that they don't understand why, but there's a lot of melt going on in this area. Some of it they're attributing to weather. Some of it they're attributing to hot rocks and radioactive rocks. Some of it they're attributing to moving water underneath the ice sheets. But either way you slice it, there's a lot of theories going on, and they all might have their kernel of truth, but this doesn't explain how forty to four hundred what was one hundred and forty caverns have formed?
Speaker 3: I mean it said there was three hundred and fifty. On the one article we read like four hundred something yesterday of lakes and different things like that. I will say. On the other article, it was talking about the sediment and it had the silt and sand mixture, and then they had sedimentologists that were coming in looking at it as well, which I could understand that if there's movement in the water and the silt is coming up and the salt water is gaining saltiness, yeah, I could see how that is, and it's pushing over into other caverns and it's creating this whole network of tunnels. Pretty much, I could understand that. But it's interesting how different theories are coming about in the last decade of what's happening. But also they've been learning a lot more in the last decade and being able to reach new locations.
Speaker 2: But then they're talking about how some of these rivers, how they're able to flow uphill, which is impressive. But this makes sense when you understand pressure DIFFERENTI and I get this, but they're not giving any clear answers as to what started the melt.
Speaker 3: It's interesting to me that it's only taken thirty five years, considering when we read some of the other articles it's taken a million years to do something. If that was like the shortest time frame, normally it's around like twelve mili so I'm surprised. But then that goes back to the whole conversation of climate change.
Speaker 2: But which which is why I don't believe that, because there's no way that we have done that much damage on Earth in thirty five years. They blame us for so much, and by us, I do mean the human race. They blame us for all of these things that take place over the last one hundred years, but somehow in the last thirty five it's gotten that much worse, when there's more EPA regulations from all of these countries now than ever before.
Speaker 3: I will say that first article we read on the other episode did show, or actually the clip, it did show the warming and the cooling periods, and it showed different graphs of how it warmed up and how it looked first when it got into the cold periods, and that we're currently on a warming cycle on the uptick, and so it is naturally warming in itself. I just didn't think that it was warming that quickly. But some of the articles have suggested that there is ice that is extremely vulnerable. So if it is already melting and already having issues, then I could see that be happening.
Speaker 2: But at the same time, it wouldn't make sense for the water to be melting from the bottom if the earth is getting warmer and we're able to feel it on the surface level. Wouldn't you see in this article does talk about a lot of surface level melting that is happening, and I get that. I respect that, But to the level that they're making it out to where these massive caverns are forming from warmer water or from radioactive rocks or whatever, that makes no sense as far as because of global warming or climate change. I was just say climate change because they've now changed the narrative on that.
Speaker 3: But I mean, the tectonic plates are shifting, they have been shifting, and we're kind of on that precipice of potentially having another shift, as in not fully Pangaea. But if we do have a shift where the tectonic plates release more of the core heat, yeah, than it could be potentially affecting in arcticat.
Speaker 2: That's a very good point. All right. So there you have it as far as this one is concerned. Okay, so now we've kind of covered the fact that the melting is inexplicable. They have a couple of working theories, nothing that they're really married to as far as this concept is concerned. Now we're gonna shift gears to another well understood conspiracy. When it comes to Antarctica, it's time to talk about Hitler's frozen based New Schwabenland. Perhaps you've heard of it, let's get into it together. By the way, new Schwabenland, yep, it all goes off of the ship that got them there. Believe it.
Speaker 3: To be honest with you, it just makes you think of a car.
Speaker 2: But how does that? What like a Volkswagen? Yeah, the New Schwabinland.
Speaker 3: You don't have my headphones on?
Speaker 2: You don't like?
Speaker 3: Why can't I hear myself?
Speaker 2: The new eight seedo Schwabenland is coming to America. Sounah, let's learn about it here. The fact and the fact that an opinion has been widely held is no evidence whatsoever that is not utterly absurd Bertrand Russell eighteen seventy two to nineteen seventy I don't know what that's supposed to mean, but let's get into it here. Another direct quote. A wise man proportions his belief to the evidence. Let's talk about that evidence. In the late nineteen thirties, the Nazis showed an interest in Antarctica and sent an expedition to survey a part of it and claim it for Germany. The claim was not continued, but it sowed the seeds for a whole range of fantasies about secret things that might be going on. So when you say that there's some pretty inexplicable things that took place after the fact, we're gonna get into them right now. I'm just saying to say that, oh, well, just gonna went there. But it wasn't for anything crazy. There's quite some compelling evidence to say that Hitler made his way to Antarctica for a few reasons.
Speaker 3: I love the language.
Speaker 2: What the misleading and all that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, the misleading, the making you question your own thought process, thinking like hmmm, am I actually just believing some random bullshit? Or should I just keep not looking into this or not. It's very intelligent. It's yeah, to be able to mislead people. And we have key trigger words that we've heard all of our lives to be like, oh, yeah, like conspiracy. How we kneed your reaction, You're just like, oh, they're crazy. You immediately get an image of some crazy person dweller in the basement wearing some tinfoil hat, and that is unanimously across the board. Right, So to have that kind of language just start out, it's like.
Speaker 2: Okay, but I mean that's the thing though, there is there are some that take this information and take a few excerpts from it and while their whole cork board of conspiracy theory based off of a few kernel of truth things. But when you throw more and more of these kernels of truth, not hypotheticals, not opinion based things, actual facts, ravenly you tell me what you think about it when we get towards the.
Speaker 3: End of this, because I'm going to hold off on my process until we get through all of this.
Speaker 2: All right, So now let's get into it. So this is from Coolantarctica dot com. What really Happened New Schwabenland a little known German expedition to Antarctica from the seventeenth of December nineteen thirty eight to the twelfth of April nineteen thirty nine, so we're talking about give or take four months on the ship MS Schwabenland had the purpose of claiming an entire area known as Droning maud Land, mainly to protect the German whaling industry, because you know how badly those Germans needed their whale blubber.
Speaker 3: That's really needed, I guess holocausts.
Speaker 2: Because there's so much that was right totally, and I understand that like Hitler was trying to feed his entire country with socialism, right, which is what the s and Nazi, the Z and Nazi stands for the National German Workman's Socialist Party. Okay, fine, here's the deal. It's really difficult to feed people socialistically without food. That being said, it's not like whale blobber's uh, you know, staple in the German diet. And whenever there's a video we're going to play here in a bit to talk more about this, even out loud hearing the quote unquote official narrative as to why Germany went to Antarctica or to protect their whaling interests, I don't actually think, and I don't know this for a fact, I don't think the Antarctica has ever had a thriving whaling industry.
Speaker 3: Actually, they're using the blubber to burn the burn the pits.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they said that they were using those the whale oil to oil their lamps because you know, kerosene was not a thing, I guess, or it was all to the war effort, and then they were also going to try to make margarine out of the whale blubber. I've never in my life one time heard of whale blubber being used for margarine in place of butter.
Speaker 3: I mean, like if they were actually like burning you know, massive amounts of Jews, I guess, but you know they got they were using them for all sorts of other experiments.
Speaker 2: But there was gas that was being used the gas chambers, but not for the not for the gassing, I mean the actual burning. They had natural gas that was ran into the ovens. So like it's anyway, let's that's why I was joking. Yeah, totally, because you know, the people in Poland smelling the whale blobber burning would be like, huh, I guess that German plant over there is doing some real whaling work in Poland.
Speaker 3: The random screams, I wonder what that's from.
Speaker 2: Yeah, must be the trees. Yeah, the neighboring cities to these, uh, these places where the Holocaust took place, all of them were just like we never noticed. It's like, bro, the smell of burning flesh is not something that you ever will mistake. And you're telling me you smelled it for years, day and night and night. Yeah, they were just trying to play dumb because they didn't want to get roped into some fucking guilt on some court. Shit.
Speaker 3: They should feel guilty, they really should, absolutely should feel guilty for the amount of people that died. But we're side stepping, yeah we are.
Speaker 2: Anyway. So this area had been previously explored by Norway and was formally claimed by the Norwegians in January of twenty or nineteen thirty nine, Jesus, after the Germans had set sail but been but before they arrived in Antarctica. Okay, so apparently the Norwegians got there just a little bit before them, right, my people. But then they also were like, no, we're just gonna take it anyway because we're Nazis and that's just kind of what we do. The Schwabenland was equipped with a steam catapult and two dorn your Wall flying boats okay, which were used to photographically survey six hundred thousand square kilometers. About a dozen aluminum flags were dropped from the aircraft after turning points of flight, Polygons and others were left by foot expeditions. None of these have ever been recovered interesting. The last surveyed was claimed by Germany in August of nineteen thirty nine as New Schwabenland, named from the ship. The outbreak of the war prevented two further planned expeditions, expeditions and the possible building of a base, though most probably to the other side of Antarctica in the Pacific sector, away from the Norwegian claim. The claim was abandoned in nineteen forty five. This part's in bold. There is no evidence of any further German activity in Antarctica during World War two? Oh is there not? So let's talk about these two very interesting U boats. On the morning of the tenth of July nineteen forty five, the German U boat U five point thirty arrived in argentinan naval base at Mar del Plata near Buenos Aires, two months after the German surrender in the end of the war in Europe. On the eighth of May in nineteen forty five, rumors spread that it had brought Hitler, Eva Braun, Martin Borman and others and had landed them on the coast of Patagonia or Antarctica before reaching Mar del Plaza a week later. A Hungarian exile in Argentina, Ladislas Sabo Sebo wrote a detailed account in local newspaper of how Hitler and his entourage had supposedly escaped Germany. The story quickly spread worldwide, and versions of it appeared in other newspapers in many countries. On the seventeenth of August, another U boat U nine seven seven also arrived at martl Plata, further fuelling speculation. The commanders of these U boats and their crews were arrested and interrogated by naval personnel in Argentina, the US, and the UK. They all concluded that their arrivals were in cook In co inc innocuous. Excuse me, wow. They all concluded that their arrival were innocuous, and the crews were released. Jermany just surrendered. Everybody's getting brought in for war crimes, and they're like, oh, these two lost U boats that nobody's seen him forever. Oh, it's just whatever, They're fine, let them go. Two years later, in nineteen forty seven, Sabo published a book Hitler Is Alive, where he claimed these two U boats had been had taken fleeing senior Nazis to Antarctica as part of a submarine convoy. The commander of U nine seven to seven, in particular Heinz Schaeffer, denied this, but the rumor still spread. In another version of the story, it is Hitler's ashes that were taken to Antarctica and placed in a special ice cave along with Nazi treasure. Interesting because allegedly Hitler's body was found by the Russians, even though years later they did DNA test results on that skull and it belongs to a woman and it wasn't Eva Braun either, they thought that that might be the case. It's not so. The entire story about Hitler's body is a lie. Sabo claimed that the Nazi Antarctic base called New Burke and Burg checks tests gayden Yep have been built in nineteen thirty eight to nineteen thirty nine. This idea has taken up by several authors over the years, often building on earlier embellishments, with tails becoming even more fantastical as the time they went on. The submarine convoy and the new Birkinstarscott in Sure base both first appear when described by Sabo. There's no reference to either before this publication. Subsequent publications refer to what he initially described, and there has never been any evidence of either.
Speaker 3: I one hundred percent that believe that Hitler went to South America.
Speaker 2: Oh, I absolutely do too. Now I'm not gonna say whether he went to Antarctica first, that's that's a take, that's a hot take. I think it would have been very difficult to refuel a U boat after your entire war logistical scheme just collapsed, and you made it from Germany to Antarctica, and even if you had a fuel station in Antarctica, getting a U boat, I don't, off the top of my head know what the fuel capacity was of these ships at this time, But getting one of these things from Germany to Antarctica in one go sounds pretty difficult. Getting one from Antarctica to Argentina might be a little more feasible, but we're talking about you essentially crossing the entire Atlantic Sea.
Speaker 3: I don't think that he stopped in Antarctica. I think that I think that he went to South America, and that's where he was indeed until he died.
Speaker 2: Right. So now let's get into another secret thing that most people don't know about, the secret British wartime operations. While the Germans were not active in Antarctica during the war, the British were. Great Britain had claimed the sector in Antarctica between twenty degrees west and eighty degrees west and to the south Pole in nineteen oh eight. Argentina claimed pretty much the same secture from the mid nineteen twenties, and so did Chile in nineteen forty. Argentina and Chile were both friendly with Germany, obviously, And if you don't believe that, by the way, go ahead and look at the fifty Nazi qualities that are currently operating in Argentina and Chile and a couple other places as we speak in Venezuela. Might add around South America there is fifty Bohemian colonies that all still fly Nazi flags. You do with that information what you want, But anyway you looked at them up, what was it? Oh?
Speaker 3: I did look up how the U boat capacity fuel capacity? It's sixty seven tons, okay, but like I don't know, allow for a range of six two hundred nautical miles at the speed of ten knots wind surfaced.
Speaker 2: And I just again I don't know. Right off the top of my head.
Speaker 3: But it says critical for long range operations during World War Two.
Speaker 2: But six thousand nautical miles. I don't know this for a fact, but I feel right, just I feel that Argentina might be longer than six thousand nautical miles away from Antarctica. And I also know for a fact that Germany is further away than to Antarctica than six thousand aautical miles.
Speaker 3: I'm trying to find it right now, honestly.
Speaker 2: Just you know, and we're going off with best case scenario, as the crow flies or I guess, as the U boat sails, submerges, whatever the case, I just.
Speaker 3: Have hard I didn't find a whole article about how the U boats surfaced up in Argentina.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so, I guess not even a hypothetical. These two U boats absolutely ended up or in Argentina. So was Hitler on board? Was he not? Who knows?
Speaker 3: Apparently U five three zero was supposedly dispatched to launch a nerve gas attack on New York City in retaliation for Desden bombing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and these both of these U boats when they got to Argentina and they were all, you know, interrogated, they could not account for where they had been. So is it possible they were floating off the coast of New York and waiting for the call? Maybe did they come from an Narctica? Also? Maybe I don't know, but anyway, here so uh Argenta an Chile. Under the guise of obtaining information about German shipping, raiders and U boats in the region. A number of permanently manned bases were established to this end, each with a handful of personnel under Operation Taburin. As much scientific data was collected during this time and after the war were continued as the Falkland Island Dependency Survey, which later became the British Antarctic Survey. So fair enough, and we're gonna get more into this next one here in just a minute. So I don't want to jump too far into Operation High Jump just yet anyway, So yeah, yeah, we're gonna get to the We're gonna get to a video in just a second about this now. Now, here's where there are some contortions of the truth and inverted narratives. As we have seen above. The evidence free stories about a Nazi base and Antarctica began within a week of a submarine turning up somewhere unexpected shortly after the Nazi surrender in nineteen forty five. The items I outlined above are factual, though they have been used repeatedly as a scaffold to support all manner of fantasies that may or may not fit together. There are a number of narratives from several authors which follow similar patterns with some variations. The basic story is that German a German basin antarticle was established just before the war by Schwabenland. This was an expanded This was expanded during the war, being regularly supplied by submarine deliveries. It was used to develop sophisticated secret weapons. This base was spied on by the British, who attempted unsuccessfully to destroy it in sas raid in nineteen forty five. Operation High Jump was sent to attack the base, though they were repulsed by secret weapons aka flying saucers are often mentioned. Then. Eventually the base was destroyed by nuclear bombs in nineteen fifty eight, which we're going to talk about the nuclear bombs here in a moment. By the time of its eventual destruction, the base is often described as being populated by one hundreds or even thousand of people and defended by a range of sophisticated weaponry, including flying saucers. Of course, all these stories claim that there has been suppression of facts and evidence by the British, Americans and anyone else who you care to name. The lack of evidence is therefore presented implicitly as evidence. While lack of evidence makes something much less likely, the absence of evidence is not the same as evidence of absence. That's a famous quote. What follows is a short account of why claims of the secret Nazi base are not only baseless but ridiculous. You know, this guy's obviously leaning in one way of this. Don't get me wrong, You feel some type of way he does. He really does. But the secret Antarctic base, there's some different authors that claim different building times and locations of the supposed Nazi bas Sometimes it's described as being in a warm, ice free oasis with lakes. Sometimes pictures of other areas are misrepresented or just plain faked. While there are ice free, relatively ice free areas in Antarctica are they are not warm. The lack of ice is due to prevailing winds and snow deposition not melting. He talks about time and logistics he talks about. There have been well over one thousand scientists who have visited the area of New Schwabenland. Several scientific bases have been established there since nineteen fifties. The whole area has been mapped by satellite, and considerable air traffic has crisis has crisscrossed the area. None of this has led to the reporting of even the slightest evidence of a wartime Nazi base. As it was supposedly built in an ice free oasis, it would not have been buried by snow Okay, So basically this guy is saying there's no chance that this was a Nazi secret base. However, did these U boats visit Antarctica before turning up in Argentina two months after the end of the war in Europe. Interrogator reports of the crews of these two submarines show that U five point thirty was off of New York when the news reached of a German capitulation on the eighth of May nineteen forty five, while YOU nine to seventy seven was off the coast of Warway. U nine seven seven put sixteen men ashore who chose to go near Bergen, and then the rest of the crew, now reduced from the normal number, made their way to German friendly Argentina. Both boats had to travel quite slowly to conserve fuel. They traveled on the surface at night and below the surface during the day to avoid capture. This slowed them down further. The time taken for them to reach Argentina is exactly within the traveling time and speeds they could make during their separate journeys. Embellished claims were made that the U five point thirty had turned up in Argentina was in fact a much faster and larger boat than the quote unquote real U five point thirty as usual, without any evidence, even to the point where the supposed performance was significantly beyond any U boat in service June and July, when the submarines were claimed to be in Argentina or in Antarctica, they are in the depths of winter there. Yeah, that's true. That also blows my mind. Whenever you find out that like our seasons or flip floped depending on where on Earth you are, never made sense to me.
Speaker 3: I don't really understand it either, like you.
Speaker 2: The narrative that we have always been told as far as the north of the equator goes, is that when the Sun Because we're in an elliptical rotation around the Sun and there is times within our orbit where the Sun is closer to the Earth, we would call that time summer, and then when the Earth is further away from the Sun, we would call that winter. Yo, How to fuck is the south of our planet doing the opposite when the entire planet is closer to the Sun. This has never made sense to me.
Speaker 3: I don't actually know, to be honest with you, Guess what, when we view the Universe episode, we are going to you know what, I'm gonna write that down. Yeah, I'm gonna write that down, y'all so we can actually answer this question.
Speaker 2: The flat earthers do have an answer for that one, but it also makes no sense to me. It's and for the record, the globe tarred answer doesn't make sense to me either. I'm not just taking this opportunity to shit on flat earthers, but both of them make absolutely no logical sense to me whatsoever.
Speaker 3: You know what, We're going to go both. We're going to go over all theories and see if we can somehow figure this out. Yeah, we might need to reach out to some smarter people on us to be honest with you, that's fine.
Speaker 2: Hell yeah, So any went winter storms, twenty four hour darkness, and a formidable skirt of seasonal sea ice one to two meters thick before the continent is even reached to prevent any ships operating in the winter even today, let alone small nineteen forties submarines without any ice strengthening. Satellite data shows that this ice, the sea ice in the droning maud Land region extends from the coast by about five hundred kilometers in May and June and sixteen over sixteen hundred kilometers in July. Then there is the presence of huge icebergs, the difficulties of under ice navigation, and a two hundred and fifty kilometer crevice's strewn inland journey largely in the dark with winter temperatures to down negative fifty degrees celsius once the submarines had landed. So again, it's to say that these U boats came from Antarctica before the hid origin. I don't really see much evidence for that, but I don't think so either. But without further ado, you know what, we actually do have a good little VIDIA that we're gonna play who is going to uh give us another little insight into this? And also I left it purposely back a little bit. These are the blood falls that we talked about on the first part of this, and I think they're really cool. So let's check this out together. Like that's sick looking, right. That is the actual rust water that is coming out of that chasm in the ice into that lake.
Speaker 3: Yeah. No, I totally think that, like dead people were feeling this if I was like way back in the day and I just randomly stumbled upon it, like great.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, we're all going to die, right, all right, let's keep going.
Speaker 5: Interest in Antarctica and its secrets has not been recent. Long before modern satellite and international treaties, the frozen continent captured the attention of explorers, scientists, and even the most controversial regimes of the twentieth century, among them was Nazi Germany. In the years leading up to the Second World War, the Antarctic Frontier became the focus of an ambitious and largely forgotten expedition that would later become the center of countless theories. In nineteen thirty eight, Adolf Hitler authorized as secret Antarctic mission. The goal on the surface was resource based. Germany, preparing for the possibility of war, was searching for ways to reduce its dependence on foreign imports. Whale oil, essential for producing margarine, soap and other fat based products, was in high demand. Until then, Germany relied heavily on Norwegian exports, but Hitler's war plan needed self sufficiency, and for that the Southern Ocean offered potential. The expedition was organized quickly. On December seventeenth, nineteen thirty eight, the vessel M S Schwabenland left the port of Hamburg. On board were eighty two men, a mix of scientists, naval officers, technicians, and one Nazi Party representative. Their destination was a vast unclaimed territory in Queen Maudland, located between British and Norwegian sectors. Over the following weeks, the ship reached Antarctica's icy coastline and launched its two Dawnier Woll sea planes into the skies. The aircraft surveyed enormous stretches of land, dropping aluminum darts marked with swastikas to assert territorial claim. The Germans called this new territory Neus Schwabenland, New Swabia, naming it after the ship itself. In total, the expedition mapped over six hundred thousand square kilometers, significantly expanding the known geography of that part of the continent. Some of the photographs were taken in color, a rarity at the time, and many remain valuable scientific records.
Speaker 2: Vially.
Speaker 5: The mission ended in February nineteen thirty nine, just months before the outbreak of war. The Schwabenland returned to Hamburg carrying thousands of aerial photographs and geological observations. Much of the collected data, however, was either lost in the chaos of the war or remained unpublished for decades. Some documents surfaced only in the late nineteen fifties, either lost in the chaos of the war, or remained unpublished for decades. Some documents surfaced only in the late nineteen fifties. The rest, according to some researchers, may have been deliberately hidden. It is here that the mystery begins. For years, the nineteen thirty eight to thirty nine expedition was remembered as a short scientific mission with limited geopolitical consequences. After the war, whispers began to grow. Questions were raised about what the Nazis truly hoped to find or build in Antarctica. In the shadow of global conflict and in the wake of the Holocaust, a new narrative began to emerge. Some believed that Germany's interest in Antarctica went beyond whale oil and maps. According to post war rumors, the real purpose of the expedition was to establish a permanent foothold on the continent, a hidden base far from the reach of enemy nations. This alleged installation, buried deep beneath the ice, would serve as a safe haven, research facility, or even a last redoubt for the Nazi elite in the event of defeat in Europe. The idea of secret Nazi bases beneath Antarctica may sound improbable, yet a few events fed these suspicions. In July nineteen forty five, just two months after Germany's surrender, the German submarine U five point thirty appeared unexpectedly at the Argentine naval base of Mar del Plata. The next month, another submarine U nine seven seven arrived under similar mysterious circumstances. The commanders gave no satisfactory explanation for their long journeys or what they had been doing in the South Atlantic. Some believed they had delivered high ranking Nazis or valuable cargo to a hidden outpost before surrendering. To this day, no physical evidence of a Nazi base in Antarctica has ever been found, no tunnels, no abandoned structures, no hidden chambers carved into the bedrock. But parts of Norschwabenland, especially the Shechrmacher Oasis first spotted by the Germans, remain active scientific zones. The region now hosts international research stations, including those of Russia and India.
Speaker 2: Okay, so although the oasis in question wasn't this hotspot in New Schwabenland, it was at least an area that was not completely covered by ice. We're looking at pictures of it now. There is a lot of rock, but again that could be just from high winds blowing that, and I can understand that for sure. But all that to say, they there's a lot of claims that can be made and inferred based off of that.
Speaker 3: I thought it was interesting how much data that just disappeared and that the only was some was published in nineteen fifties. The rest of it, they just don't know what happened to it, where did it go, because you don't send any kind of team anywhere without taking an obscene amount of data, right, So for them to just be like, m here's a little bit of data that doesn't make any sense to me.
Speaker 2: Not to the level that this went down, for sure.
Speaker 3: I know. I do agree with though, saying that there might be a hidden place where they dropped off people before they decided to turn themselves in, which I think is also kind of weird, Like I mean, I guess because at the time you can't just show up with somebody with the U boat and be like, hey.
Speaker 2: Why again. Argentinia, Argentina, argent Argentina and Chile were both friendly with the Nazis, and so it's also very possible that when these U boats showed up, they got the VIPs off and then the sailors were arrested and interrogated and all that. There's all kinds of eyewitness reports of who they saw get off of the boat.
Speaker 3: Hill it was there, I know.
Speaker 2: I personally believe so, yes. But now let's shift over to operations High Jump and wind Mill, because this is where the story gets kind of weird. Okay, okay, So Operation high Jump nineteen forty six to nineteen forty seven, in Operation Windmill from nineteen forty seven nineteen forty eight, in the Antarctic summer seasons, where the United States Navy's operations with High Jump being the largest ever group to go to Antarctica consisting of and this is why it's so strange. Four thy seven hundred men, thirteen ships, and thirty three aircraft.
Speaker 3: That's so many people, that's so much stuff.
Speaker 2: That's a massive group to send to Antarctica for exploration purposes. And that's that's also why the narrative is a little weird here. So aside from the whole Nazi conversation, why would America sen that many people? And of course this is where Admiral Bird gets his mention who he flew over to the South Pole. He also got the Medal of Honor for flying over the North Pole. Should mention that, so he is a Medal of Honor recipient. I looked up his citation. It wasn't for valor.
Speaker 3: That's a battle that's definitely a planned out, strategic move. You don't need that many people unless you're trying to take something over.
Speaker 2: This is why the narrative about a potential Nazi base is very strange. Now, did they show up with this many men because they had heard rumors of a Nazi base and so they didn't exactly know what to expect, So they were coming out just in case there was some wild shit, or did they know exactly what they were coming up on and they were coming prepared.
Speaker 3: Or there's reptiles and that felin there.
Speaker 2: There could be also that case, right, So.
Speaker 3: Like they maybe just had a whole showdown to establish their own there, which is.
Speaker 2: Where the nuclear bombs that were detonated come into play here that we're going to talk about next. Let's talk about Operation High Jump and Wilma Windmill first though. All right, So High Jump this is when the mass uh deployment of troops, ships, and aircraft was done. The main purpose was to prepare for and practice techniques for cold weather warfare in polar conditions while being diplomatically far away from the Arctic and Russia, right right. It was primarily a military exercise, with a number of other important objectives such as establishing a research station, investigating further potential base sites, extending the sovereignty of the United States to an extensive region of the continent, and surveying the electromagnetic, geological, and hydrographical, and other scientifically important aspects of the physical environment.
Speaker 3: Nobody believes this.
Speaker 2: I'm sorry, Like.
Speaker 3: This, no one, the government is not going to waste their resources and that much money right on just some random ass bullshit a probe. No, that is that they went there for a reason.
Speaker 2: This was in nineteen forty seven. Keep in mind Roswell happened in nineteen forty seven, the alien crash that took place in Nevada or Exto.
Speaker 3: So we had an all out. But that's the thing though, you're talking forty seven hundred people that you what mine wiped? Like nope, Like how did.
Speaker 2: You get metals the Arctic expedition metal?
Speaker 3: I know, but not one person out of that group. There's always one. There's always one. You're telling me forty seven hundred people. Not one person was like, Hey, by the way, this is what we did right and nothing has come for what good old men? Black could be the reason? Why?
Speaker 2: Could be?
Speaker 3: Because mind wiping is definite thing.
Speaker 2: So now let's talk about Operation Windmill. It was a follow up, much smaller exercise the following year, and important part of which was to obtain ground references for these seventy thousand aerial photographs taken during high jump in the previous year. Helicopters were used extensively, hence the name Windmill being given to the operation. All we have heard about Antarctica is how there's basically hurricane force wins at all times. How did helicopters, I mean, I don't know if it's year round. That's what we have been led to believe, is that the conditions are pretty much just shit all year round. Yeah, So how were helicopters primarily used to take all these photographs and do more research into them?
Speaker 3: When they said that they didn't have hardly any information on Antarctica until recently, like I e, the last ten years. I will say, though, really quick to the mind wipe thing. Aria and a Grande just mentioned on an interview that she got real like pretty much that she got her memories erased.
Speaker 2: Yo, somebody needs to get Aria on a Grande a sandwich.
Speaker 3: That's beside the point. Yeah, but I'm just saying she actually said it. Like out loud that her memory. She's like, yeah, I went to this place that like erases my memories and like I don't have them. So I don't really know what you're talking about.
Speaker 2: I don't. So I'm not trying to sound like a dick here, I'm not. I don't think it would have been very difficult to wipe I don't think it's hard to wipe certain minds.
Speaker 3: I will just say that though, if there's no way forty seven hundred people, not one didn't say something that one whistleblower, I wonder if you could with I wonder if you could actually try to access the records of them going there.
Speaker 2: Oh by this point, yeah, you could do classify anything after fifty years, allegedly.
Speaker 3: Allegedly. So I'm wondering. I know there's somebody out there that's listening to us CUOLTE members that will have the time to do this. If you do this, please email us or send it to us.
Speaker 2: But then we have this next conversational piece that I think is interesting, the nuclear nuclear explosions. So keep in mind Operation Windmill took in nineteen forty eight, right or I'm sorry, this was high Jump was forty six to forty seven. Wind Mill was from forty seven to forty eight. All right, so in August and September of nineteen fifty eight, that's a decade after Windmill was wrapped up, three nuclear explosions were detonated by the United States as part of Operation Argus over the South Atlantic between thirty eight point five degrees and forty nine point five degrees south between twenty two eighty and thirty five hundred kilometers north of Antarctica to the south west of South Africa. Okay, very interesting because real quick, the southwest of South Africa. This image of New Swabin Land. I'm wondering if that's, you know, more towards the side of South Africa.
Speaker 3: We're going to have to put in the coordinates honestly to see.
Speaker 2: Look that up. Look up, look up at the southernmost tip of South Africa on a map.
Speaker 3: I wonder if it's on a lay line.
Speaker 2: Well they did just give the coordinates for that. But let's see this is.
Speaker 3: Okay, so give me the coordination.
Speaker 2: Uh hold on New schwabin Land. I'm trying to see this is I can't even read that Hong Hodson whatever. Basically, just look up, uh South Africa, and look at which section is closer to Antarctica, because I'm very curious if that is tying into that. But anyway, anyway, so now the nuclear explosions. Uh it says thirty eight point five degrees and forty nine point five degrees south. It doesn't say any other coordinates except just south. Is that New schwabin Land.
Speaker 3: I wonder it looks like it.
Speaker 2: Damn okay, hey boop boop ooh okay, wait wait wait, that's that's a perfect all right, Hold hold that thought, Hold that thought. I'm sorry it is that is the area, all right.
Speaker 3: Everyone, so for you to be able to see what we're looking at there, So there is South Africa and then this down here is New Schwabenland.
Speaker 2: So New Schwabinland is, in fact the coastal region of Antarctica as closest to South Africa. And they are saying that these nuclear explosions took place somewhere between twenty two hundred and thirty five hundred kilometers north of Antarctica to the southwest of South Africa. Okay, these were high altitude bursts, and as as might be expected at the time of the height of the Cold War were shrouded in secrecy, though they were reported soon afterwards in nineteen sixty one. So now I'm going to skip on down here to the atom bombs. The invented narrative quote unquote invented narrative, we're on a conspiracy show, brother, give us some break here says that nineteen fifty eight, three nuclear bombs were used to destroy the Nazi base on the droning maud Land. The reality is that they were high altitude test explosions for a particular purpose of potentially interfering with radar, radio, and electronic of satellites and missiles. They were exploded between twenty two eighty and thirty five hundred kilometers north of Antarctica. Antarctica is a much studied environment, in part because it's clean, with virtually no pollution. That's interesting that they say that, when earlier they said that the sea surrounding Antarctica accumulates fifteen percent of all carbon on Earth. So it's very interesting that that's the narrative that this person's going with. But okay, it continues. Ice cores taken show peaks of radioactive fallout from nineteen fifties and sixties nuclear tests thousands of kilometers away in a chronological order as they are trapped within seasonal snowfall and accumulation, and so recorded nuclear explosions directly over droning Maudland in nineteen fifty eight would show dramatic peaks of radioisotopes if they happened. No such evidence has ever been found in any of the ice cores taken in nineteen fifty eight was part of the International Geophysical Year when there was a great international cooperation to study the polar regions, including the establishment of many temporary and permanent scientific bases. At this time there were Belgium, British, Japanese and Norwegian scientists living on newly established bases in the area. Nuclear explosions would have been noticed and reported. So wait a minute, you're telling me that this was a time of great international cooperation to study these things. And of the groups that you just mentioned Belgium, Britain, Japan and Norway, three of those four were on the Allied side of the war, and Japan, especially after all of their war crimes were discovered and kind of brushed over, they were very in line with keeping with whatever their daddy said. So AKA the United States, So you know.
Speaker 3: And just they've never had any record of it being trapped allegedly. Allegedly, Okay, if it hit something, maybe maybe there was a big hole.
Speaker 2: They were just saying that it was air burst nukes though they weren't. They aren't going to hit anything on the ground. That'd be crazy. So now let's learn more about Operation High Jump together. Good call members.
Speaker 5: The story deepened with Operation High Jump. In nineteen forty six and nineteen forty seven, the United States launched the largest Antarctic military expedition in history. Led by Admiral Richard E. Byrd, it involved over four thy seven hundred men, thirteen ships, and dozens of aircraft. Officially, it was a scientific mission aimed at training and mapping, but the scale and urgency of the operation sparked speculation that the US Navy was responding to more than just geography. Some theorists suggest that Bird's fleet was sent to investigate or eliminate a Nazi presence still active on the continent from the outset. Operation High Jump was unlike any Antarctic expedition before. It organized in a time of uneasy peace, just months after the end of World War II. It was both ambitious and unprecedented. The force was divided into three naval groups, Eastern, Western, and Central, each with its own aircraft and icebreaker support. Their goal was to map as much of the continent as possible using aerial photography, and to test military equipment under polar conditions. Rear Admiral Richard H. Cruzen commanded the task force, but it was Bird, now an experienced polar explorer and a decorated naval officer, who once again became the public face of America's presence in Antarctica. The operation established a base known as Little America four and conducted extensive aerial surveys. By the end of the expedition, more than one point five million square miles of Antarctica had been photographed and thousands of images had been collected. However, it wasn't the photography that drew global attention. It was what happened behind the scenes and what Bird may have encountered. According to the official record, Operation High Jump lasted from December nineteen forty six to March nineteen forty seven, but the mission was cut short, ending weeks earlier than scheduled. This abrupt departure gave rise to a wave of questions. Reports of damaged aircraft, unexplained losses, and unusual encounters fueled rumours that something had gone wrong, or perhaps something had been found. Among the more persistent theories is that the mission had a hidden agenda to locate a rumoured underground Nazi base near the Queen Maude Land region, the same territory explored by the German New Swabia expedition. Proponents of this theory point to the high number of military personnel involved and the presence of advanced technology, including aircraft capable of long range reconnaissance. They also reference unexplained air crashes, including the fatal loss of the Martin PBM five flying boat George I, which claimed the lives of three crewmen. In the years following Operation High Jump, rumors began to circulate that Bird had encountered something extraordinary during one of his reconnaissance flights.
Speaker 2: Now we are about to get into the conversation of possibly so possibly hollow earth. M let's go.
Speaker 3: I was just thinking, though, really quickly, about the plane crashes and about how we're going to talk about the radio frequencies that they're thinking about, And I was like, what if they had an electro pulse and knocked out the navigation and that's how they crashed. It's very possible, considering they have all sorts of magnetic fields and everything else that they've talked about there. What if there was there's something else there that knocked out the navigation and it crashed the planes.
Speaker 2: Something like to berming you to triangle or like that. M hmmm hm. All right, now this is where things go a little sideways. Some people will say this is completely fake. Some people will say it's absolutely verified because of his diary. Now was his diary legitimate or was it a forgery? Depends on the literature you read, to be honest with you, but let's hear about this incredible discovery together.
Speaker 5: According to certain accounts, his aircraft entered an area that should not have existed, a temperate zone amid the ice, a landscape of green valleys and warm air. Some sources claim he saw not just a change in climate, but in reality itself, unknown flying objects in the sky, and even contact with beings from an advanced subterranean civilization from an advanced subterranean civilization. These accounts were not part of any official report, but in the nineteen sixties, a document began to circulate, allegedly a secret diary kept by Admiral Bird during the expedition. In it, Bird describes an encounter with an aircraft unlike any he had seen before. His instruments fail, his radio is taken over. He is guided to a landing strip in a hidden valley. There, he claims, he is welcomed by tall beings with luminous eyes and advanced knowledge. They take him to a city beneath the Earth's surface, a place they call a Gartha. Agatha is a mythical kingdom said to exist within the Earth itself, a concept tied closely to the hollow Earth theory. According to these beliefs, our planet is not a solid sphere, but a layered shell containing vast inner spaces, cities, and even oceans. A Gatha, the largest of these subterranean realms, is described as a civilization more ancient and advanced than our own. The people of Agatha, sometimes called the Old Ones, are said to possess technology far beyond what is known on the surface, including vehicles that can fly without fuel and the ability to manipulate natural forces. This idea has appeared in stories and myths across many cultures, from Shamba in Tibetan tradition to the underworld cities of the Mayans and Celts, there is a recurring motif of hidden civilizations beneath the earth. In the case of Agatha, the story gained traction in the nineteenth century, with French and German occult writers spreading the tale of a lost inner world, but it was the supposed connection with Admiral Bird that brought it into the modern age and the realm of Antarctica. According to the diary, the Agathians warned Bird about the growing danger of nuclear weapons and the direction of human society. They claimed to have observed surface civilization for centuries and feared its destructive potential. Bird was told to return to his superiors with their message, a call for peace and balance, and then sent back through the ice. And yet this document has never been confirmed as authentic, even though many believe in it. Some people think the diary is fake. They say Bird never said anything like that himself, and there's no official proof that such an event happened. Still, the story lived on, helped by the secrecy around parts of Operation High Jump and some things Bird said in interviews in a rare interview published in Chile in March nineteen forty seven, Bird talked about how important Antarctica could be in the future. He warned that one day the US might be attacked from over the polar regions. Some people think this was his way of he hinting at what he saw down there. As the Cold War grew stronger, the US sent more missions to Antarctica.
Speaker 2: All right, so real quick here, this is why so many people have said things about Agartha and the Hollow Earth and all this because of a diary entry from Admiral Bird allegedly. Okay, okay, fine, let's talk about this. There is a bit of a misnomber when it comes to the theories that were proposed by the occultists and the well, i'll just call them pseudo occultists of the nineteen fifties and sixties. So here's my point with this Agartha and what. There's this whole conversation between the Buddhists believe in Agartha, and it's backed up by Far Eastern theologies as well as Western theologies. Here's the deal. They keep trying to make the connection between Shimbala and Agartha and it's not. That's not a fair comparison here. So Agartha is not part of traditional Buddhist teachings in the nineteenth century. Legend from Western esotericism is that is often confused with the Buddhist concept of Shimbala. Unlike the mythical kingdom of Shambala, which has its roots in Vaharayah Buddhism, Agartha is a modern creation. So just we're all clear here, there's no ancient source at all that talks about Agartha. It was a thing that was created in the nineteen hundreds. Now that being said that ancients, no ancients from the West. They had their own ideas about like the underworld like for sure, and some sort of a realm existing beneath the surface of the earth, for sure. I'm not denying this. But the idea and concept of Agartha, its origins came about actually in the eighteen seventy three book by Lewis Jakolit Jacolate. I don't know his book, le Fi did do the Sons of God Jacquelit invented a lost ancient city he called Asgartha based on his interpretation of Indian myths mixed with his own creations. It's a very remnant of Madame Blovotsky, who so many people think is like the queen of Eastern esotericism. When you read her story, she didn't even go to the places she claimed she went. The person she met never existed. Her story was a complete fabrication that she used to sell books when she got back to Europe. But okay, continuing it, says Alexandra san yieves, I'm not going to try to pronounce that last one. Eighteen eighty six, a later occultist, saying Eves significantly expanded the legend by portraying Agartha as a subterranean utopia hidden beneath the Himalayas. So not Antarctica, the Himalayas.
Speaker 3: Okay.
Speaker 2: He claimed to have learned about it through astro travel shocker what, and portrayed it as hidden advanced civilization led by a king the world, Yes, because astral is something that we can really sink our teeth into.
Speaker 3: Here. Oh, the world would be like Kan, he would.
Speaker 2: Think, right, which is why a lot of these these like the gods of the verses, King Kong, and they went through Did they go through the Himalayas to get there?
Speaker 3: I don't know they did. They go through They go through the hollow earth pretty much right, and they got I know, they go through the I thought they went through the water. They go like under that big cave. M maybe I don't know. I don't know, I don't remember, to be honest with you.
Speaker 2: Continueing here. Ferdinand osen Dawski nineteen twenty two, a Polish explorer and writer, popularized the story in his book Beasts, Men and Gods, claiming that Buddhist Lamas he had met in Mongolia spoke of a hidden underground kingdom called Agartha. Once again, the Buddhists have never had a concept of Agartha. He's confusing it with Shimbala, which it's not exactly. It's not even close to the same thing, to be honest with you, So Shimbala itself the Buddhist view on Agartha. Since Agartha is a legend from the West occultism, it's not from a traditional Buddhist text. There is no formal Buddhist belief system surrounding it. Buddhism instead focuses on its own cosmological realms, which include the six realms of rebirth or Samsara. These are states of existence through which beings are reborn based on their karma. The six realms are those of hell beings, hungry ghosts, animals, humans, jealous gods or surahs, and gods which is devas. Again, I am not a big believer in karma, Like I understand, like if you do good shit, good shit'll happen to you. Like that level of karma I can get behind. But uh, when you look at it, the people that created karma, the vedix in those in India, also created the untouchables and their caste system. So basically, karma only applies whenever it's you. But if it's you trying to help your fellow man aka the slum lords and the un touchables, you treat them lower than dirt because that's how good your karma is. It even in its own conception, it's fucking stupid. And then pure lands these, I mean, yeah for sure anyway. Pure lands these are Buddha fields or celestial realms created by enlightened beings such as Shambala. In the Kalaka tradition. Entry into these lands is achieved through spiritual practice, not by finding a physical location. So again the Agartha conversation only came about in the nineteen or the late eighteen hundreds, early nineteen hundreds. Shambala is a spiritual place. It's not something that you can physically see. So Admiral Bird flying over Antarctica and seeing this thing that they're calling this extra land, it's not it couldn't have been that. I'll just say like that. And then his journal itself, it's fascinating. I've thumbed through it a time or two, not physically, of course, like online printouts of it. There's a few problems with it. For one, it's not his handwriting, and that's been confirmed by multiple people who saw his actual handwriting and saw it. Secondly, it only came out after his death. Yeah, and so it doesn't help anything. He wasn't there to verify these claims whatsoever. The interviews that he gave, which you can go and listen to right now, I will say the sound quality is not the best. This is in the nineteen forties and fifties when he was actually able to go and talk about these things. He was talking about how Antarctica is a place rich with gold, oil and uranium. Now how he figured that out from flying over it or whatever? Operation high jump with all of those experts and all of these soldiers whatever was able to find. That's very interesting to me. But he was making the case that Antarctica is rich with natural resources that one day we'll be able to get to. But he was also this whole narrative about the whole aliens or whatever's telling him that nukes were so bad and that they need to stop doing that. Cut to ten years later when they dropped three nukes on Antarctica. So obviously they didn't listen. So yeah, yeah, the whole it's interesting.
Speaker 3: I will say the photo that they showed had a ink blot on it that resembled the tests as they used for psychiatry.
Speaker 2: The rorshack test they did. If you look at the it looks.
Speaker 3: Just like it, and on the picture itself when they zoomed out, I was like, wait a second, I know what that is.
Speaker 2: Yeah. The random stains on the pages looked very roar shacky to me as well, for sure.
Speaker 3: I mean, I was like, that's weird, it's possible. I mean, I do think it's interesting though that I don't know. I find it really odd that this journal would come out after his death when he couldn't verify it. If he was going to be a whistleblower while he's alive, then why not do it and speak loudly on it. If you're really that adamant about this coming out, I think it's odd timing for it to come out. I do. Still I'm really hung up on the forty seven hundred men being there. I am definitely.
Speaker 2: Thirteen ships, thirty aircraft, Yeah, thirty guys, like, yes, thirty.
Speaker 3: Three aircrafts, especially in a time where we already were having resources that were thin. And it said that he was going around talking to people, uh in the year forty seven, the same year as Roswell, And I'm like, it's just I you know, I don't believe in coincidences anymore. Like they're just too coincidental. And it's like, that's a lot of people to take there. Yeah, that's a huge push. That is invasion push. Yeah, that is not a hey, we're just gonna go there to go sightseeing. No, that's an invasion conquer push. That is we're going there.
Speaker 2: To function up exactly and take over.
Speaker 3: So whatever was there dot dot dot, Yeah, we were going there with the hopes of taking over. But then that leads to the whole thing about how most of the bases that science science stuff is out of our military basis.
Speaker 2: Still, well, military's got better funding than most other organizations.
Speaker 3: True, but if they're wanting to keep a lock on whatever's happening there, sure, my man just wagers.
Speaker 2: And it makes sense if they had reports of a Nazi base, and maybe they were unverified, but they could find some sort of a record in Nazi Germany through the Nuremberg Trials to say that there was some sort of a exploration that was done in Antarctica, and they set up New Swabenland.
Speaker 3: I could see two thousand, I could see taking two thousand as a tester to scope it out. Almost five thousand men. You can't convince me otherwise. That is a straight push.
Speaker 2: And that's another thing too. Project paper Clip was happening at that time when Operation high Jump went down. So you had all these Nazis, these expats. One of them, for instance, Warner von Braun, who was the person that led to the rocketeering that put a man on the moon allegedly. But he was a devout Nazi scientist. And there are those that I will say, well, he was just a scientist that happened to be born in Nazi Germany. He wasn't a actual Nazi believer. He hung the slowest five Jews outside of his laboratory every week. So no, he was a true blue, well i should say red believer in Nazi ideals and ideology and also became a really good friend to Walt Disney, who was a Jew. So I think that's funny in and of itself, but neither here nor there.
Speaker 3: So you could probably turn on the other Jews. He's probably the ones that turn in their Jews, their Jew friends.
Speaker 2: Oh Disney, Oh, I believe it absolutely.
Speaker 3: He wanted to kill people every movie.
Speaker 2: Yeah Disney hates moms. Oh yeah, but Pixar they beloving moms. Just saying anyway, So moving into that direction here, Project paper Clip was going on. You had all these expat Nazis who are making their way to America and they were kind of given some secrets about some things that the Nazis were doing during what War two, not even two years.
Speaker 3: After they found maybe they've found a hole.
Speaker 2: Honestly, maybe well we're going to talk about the hole in a bit.
Speaker 3: Maybe they found a hole to the center of the Earth. By the way, it was a cave. I was correct. It wasn't underneath that's where god Zilh went. It was the one on Skull Island that he goes through.
Speaker 2: Which is in India. Yeah, which is where the Himalayas are found.
Speaker 3: Well, no, no, it does not know it said that he did not go through the Himalayans. Well, I just wanted to verify because it occurred like that and I needed to. I needed to make sure because I know that the spirit animals listening and you will message me if I got this.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you will, absolutely so. Anyway, as far as the Admiral Bird Journal goes, and I know there's gonna be people that disagree with even my take on to say that it was a forgery, I get it, I absolutely do. I am saying that as of this moment, all evidence points me into the direction of it being a forgery. If new evidence does come out, I am more than happy to shift my viewpoint on it. But as of this moment, I'm saying that there was some crazy fuck shit going on with Operation high Jump, the journal entry and the Lost land and the Aryans. There's also reports of him being escorted in by flying craft with swastikas on them, and that's where he met the tall whites, the Aryans that the Nazis met up with that were the true Arian race, and these giants and this, and it's it goes way way deep into the realm of sci fi. The deeper you look into it, and it's like, okay, wait, pause. This is the same guy that came and give multiple interviews on TV about what he saw there and what he found there. Forty seven hundred dudes were all in the mix on this, and they all kept their mouths shut. Well, you know, you can never trust military. They are sworn to secretcy Listen, we were both we're both military vets. I'm telling you now, the stories of what went down in Afghanistan have come out.
Speaker 3: Okay, as soon as I saw an alien, If I saw one, I'd.
Speaker 2: Be like, Arah, I'll be telling everybody.
Speaker 3: I'm like, you all need to know, like we're fucked, Like everyone needs to know this, like unless they wipe their memories.
Speaker 2: I'm just saying, like this the story of the Giant of Kandahar, right, that story, well, it was super top secret and only the military knows about and they're keeping their mouths shut. Name I'll throw a rock at any military base. I guarantee you'll hit somebody who knows about the story of the Giant of Kandahar.
Speaker 3: To be fair, if if the military did go in there, I e. The Marines went in there, they one of them, if not all of them, would be trying to fuck an alien, oh for sure, and then brag about it.
Speaker 2: Must clap alien cheeks. We gotta know that the science is out there.
Speaker 3: Right, Like, you can't convince me otherwise being around uh marine men. I'm just saying, without a shadow of a doubt.
Speaker 2: Are women a nasty two? I don't want to hear that shit.
Speaker 3: I wasn't saying they were nasty. I'm just confirming that, like they would in fact take bets to see who could fuck the alien first. It's a sunny badger, we firm.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, it's it's a it's a standard thing, an E three or below marine. If you give them any object, they will within the first ten minutes lose it, break it, or try to get it pregnant, or try to find a way to make it a weapon. These are the only options. It is in our nature. I'm sorry, it is what it is. So if all of these again, that would think that they were part of the navy, so I would assume it was marine.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I was gonna say its like the Marines had them, because if they're going to be a push, we're gonna be the ones there.
Speaker 2: Sailors are no better. Keep in mind, we're talking about cap'n Cook's men and then fucking the man Ates, which is a a ca that's a thing, that's a known thing. It's not even like a hypothetical disgusting this tail Like, sailors be fucking some nasty things too. So even if they were all sailors that made the way to Antarctica and they found out that aliens do in fact have cheeks and they can possibly be clapped, the sailors are going to do just as nasty shit as us.
Speaker 3: Oh my gosh, I'm just saying, though the forty seven hundred to keep quiet as ridiculous amount and whatever happened, definitely, and how it's all coincidentally timed around each other, and how he was giving interviews though that was saying a completely different story at the exact same time. So it's like, is this one of those things to discredit him in the sense of Hey, we have gold. Hey, we have all this stuff, and so this is us discrediting his name, or is it. Hey, look at this shiny little thing that we're talking about over here, and then let's not ask any of the questions as to why we had all of these other people over there or roswell happening or anything else. Like focus in on this dude and just run with it.
Speaker 2: I will say also that I find it interesting that this is all before the Antarctic Peace Treaty was signed.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that was fifty three fifty nine eight eight wow.
Speaker 2: Which we're going to talk about it here in a bit because the Madrid Protocols. But so here's my point against that. Right. He also mentioned that we America may be attacked from the polls. Now people think he means clearly the South Pole. Keep in mind he also led an expedition over the North Pole as well.
Speaker 3: M hmm.
Speaker 2: So that being.
Speaker 3: Said, my uncle went to the North Pole.
Speaker 2: Lucky except for the whole cold thing. But like, it's cool to say that you did, you know what I mean. But beside the point, if that's true, keep in mind, we still look at the North Pole because that is the quickest way to Russia as the crow flies. Now, yes, it's very treacherous, and the wind and the cold and all the yeah, I get that, But as far as an actual land invasion was concerned, we cannot negate the possibility of some foreign adversary coming from the north side of it, going through much of the wilderness of Canada that is uninhabited. Ninety percent of the Canadian population live within one hundred miles of the US border. That's just the way that works. Because it's warmer.
Speaker 3: It's fucking freezy there.
Speaker 2: I agree, I don't understand, but.
Speaker 3: It's disgustingly cold.
Speaker 2: But my point is if they were to make their way from the north side and come to America from the North Pole. He never said specifically that an attack would come from the South Pole. He said that the Poles might be used to attack US. Couple that with what he found in South at the South Pole in Antarctica, the oil and the uranium and the natural resources gold. He even said, so it would stand to reason that, especially during the Cold War when it's US versus Russia, that he would say that, Yo, we need to keep an eye on the Poles to make sure that the Commies don't get there and use that shit before we do.
Speaker 3: It's interesting how all this came out and then the treaty was signed. Yeah, kind of.
Speaker 2: Weird, which is also crazy that they got all these countries that were not in the best graces with each other to come to the table and agree that nobody's going to fuck with Antarctica and knowing that it's full of natural resources.
Speaker 3: Or it's full of other shit that we don't that we don't want to piss off. Very possibly definitely a vibe. Maybe when it runs out in forty eight it's going to be like that's when they decide to make their presence known.
Speaker 2: It's very possible.
Speaker 3: Hey, by the way, we're here, we've been here, what's up.
Speaker 2: So with that in mind, I'm also curious if Project High Jump was trying to find an underground base. I'm not just gonna say Nazi bas although could be base of some type, but especially when you learn that there is currently radio signals being sent out of Antarctica that we only discovered in twenty sixteen and then stopped reading in twenty eighteen and just said, well that's the thing we know now and on to the next thing. It's like, wait, what, Yeah, let's learn about it.
Speaker 3: So, like the hollower theory, let's just say.
Speaker 2: All right, so now this is from Smithsonian magazine, And yes, I understand that it's Smithsonian. You have to take what they say with a grain of salt. But at the same time they do do a pretty decent job of telling the information as they know it. So now let's talk about the mysterious radio pulses found in Antarctica that seem to defy physics, and researchers are trying to trace their origins. Strange signals detected by NASA's instruments more than a decade ago have continued to confound scientists, but a new paper rules out cosmic neutrinos as a source. Very fascinating. Nearly ten years ago, scientific instruments picked up strange radio pulses in Antarctica. Now, in a study recently published in Physical Review Letters, researchers take us a step closer to figuring out their origins. The signals were uncovered between twenty sixteen and twenty eighteen by NASA's Impulsive Transient Antenna or ANITA ANITA, which use balloons to send detection instruments. More than eighteen miles above the icy continent in an attempt to identify neutrinos. Neutrinos are higher energy cosmic particles that are abundant throughout the universe, but due to their vaporious nature, they can pass through many types of matter, even stars, and remain unchanged. This makes neutrinos incredibly difficult to detect, and physicists have nicknamed them ghost partsticles for that reason. Neutrinos do interact with water and ice, however, producing pulses of radio waves and showers of particles that can help scientists find them with powerful instruments. Once detected, neutrinos can reveal impressive information about the nature of cosmics events that took place light years away, as Stephen Whistle and astrophysicists at Pennsylvania State University, Yeah there's penn State for you, says in a statement. Since neutrinos don't interact with much of anything, researchers should be able to trace their detection or excuse me, direction of travel backward to their point of origin, likely a super powerful cosmic event. ANITA is meant to detect radio pulses omitted by neutrinos as they move through the ice, but its mysterious signals appear to come from far below the horizon, passing through thousands of miles of Earth's rocky interior. These pulses seem to defy current understandings of particle physics, since radio waves caused by neutrinos are not expected to be able to pass through so much rock. Because they shouldn't be able to, they are expected to arrive from slightly below the horizon, where there is not much earth for them to be absorbed. Justin Vanderbrook, a physicist at University of Wisconsin Madison who was not involved in the research but peer reviewed it, tell CNN's Ashley Strickland. Models predict these pulses would come in at angles of only one to five degrees below the horizon. These came through the ice at a much sharper thirty degrees, leaving researchers unable to identify their origins. Since then, physicists have been trying to understand the nature of these strange signals, such as whether these findings could have been a fluke or could point to the existence of particles or interactions previously uncharted. The recent study used as Pierre Auger Observatory in Argentina bring together hundreds of scientists from around the world to analyze fifteen years of cosmic data in an attempt to explain Anita's results. The observatory employed two different methods in an attempt to find the exact signal Anita did. As reported by CNN, the first method tried to find high energy particles through tracking their interactions with water and tanks on Earth. The second method looked for particle interactions with ultraviolet light high in the atmosphere, but the team couldn't find any evidence of similar signals detected by Pierre Auger, nor could researchers find similar events in data from the ice Cube experiments in Antarctica, which also was searching for neutrinos. The study concluded that the signals detected by Anita could not have been caused by neutrinos, thus characterizing them as anomalists. The study was also able to clarify that noise and other known particle interactions did not contribute to the signals yet, though they ruled out a few possible hypotheses, scientists are still not sure what exactly caused the strange radio pulses. Much research is needed or needs to be done in this study. Co author Benjamin Flags of physicists that at the University of Delaware tells Live Science is Perry Taylor. There are theorists per posing some beyond standard model interactions from different types of particles. My guess is that some interesting radio propagation effect occurred near ice and also near the horizon that I don't fully understand. But we certainly explored several of those, and we haven't been able to find any of those yet either. Scientists, including Weasel, are now hoping that more advanced instruments might bring them closer to an answer to this decade long physics mystery. Whistle is now working with the Payload for Ultra High Energy Observation, a new balloon based detector that is larger and ten times more sensitive than ANITA. So anyway, so what we're getting from this is that nobody is denying that radio pulses happened, and nobody can figure out where they came from. They thought that maybe it's the neutrinos that come from space from some sort of an event. They passed through stars, they should pass through the Earth, that should be a straight shot. These came outward from Antarctica. They didn't go through Antarctica.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think there's something underneath. I really do.
Speaker 2: I personally think so as well.
Speaker 3: Because didn't she say yesterday that the tunnel systems between the lakes look intentional.
Speaker 2: The it's not the tunnels the caverns themselves, and they are connected, don't get me wrong, but they almost look like they were built to really be connected, yes, bored out exactly. And to say that that's because of hot water and things like that, Okay, I could understand that to a point. If it was making them go lower, like the hot water is melting the ice underneath, and it was doing this, it's making them upwards like very specific dome like caverns underneath the ice sheet and Antarctica that no one can explain what's happening there.
Speaker 3: Hmm. I mean, the evidence just seems to be piling up at least to say that there's something else there. What that is, who knows?
Speaker 2: And if you would like to experience what that is. Well, actually I'm jumping ahead of myself here. As we are also talking about the Antarctic Peace Treaty, right, it's also important to know about the Madrid Protocol. A lot of people have never heard of this. To be honest with you, I had never heard of it before I started doing this research for these two episodes here. So this is from the Secretariat of the Antarctic Treaty website. The Protocol on Environmental Protection to the Antarctic Treaty. The Protocol on Environmental Protection of the Antarctic Treaty was signed in Madrid on October fourth, nineteen ninety one, and entered into force in nineteen ninety eight. It designated Antarctica as a natural reserve devoted to peace and science. That's from Article two of it. Article three of the Environmental Protocol sets forth basic principles apply applicable to human activities and Antarctica, and Article seven prohibits all activities relating to Antarctic mineral resource except for scientific research. The Protocol establishes in its schedule the procedure for the constitution and function of a permanent Court of Arbitration. It is something publicly reported that the Protocol expires in twenty forty eight. This is a misinterpretation and is not correct. Allegedly, neither the Protocol nor the Antarctic Treaty have a termination date for the first fifty years of the protocols entry into force in nineteen ninety eight. It can only be modified by a unanimous agreement of all consultative parties to the Antarctic Treaty. After this point. From nineteen forty eight, any of the Antarctic Treaty consultative parties can call for a review conference into the Protocols operation, which is an Article twenty five point two. So I'm not going to spend too much time on this, but hear me out. Hear me out. They sign the Antarctic Treaty way back when, and then in nineteen ninety eight they agreed to a fifty year term where these are the agreed upon rules for Antarctica. Okay, cool. The world has shifted a bit since nineteen ninety eight to twenty twenty six, twenty twenty five, right now, right. I got a hard time believing that when twenty forty eight rolls around that they're gonna get all of the signers of the Anarctic Treaty to come together and say, you know what, you're right, Let's just keep things the way they are. We don't need to explore, we don't need to drill oil. We don't need to go for the uranium. We don't need to go for the goal. We're gonna leave that to be a scientific game, preserve essentially.
Speaker 3: Unless there is something down there that they don't want us to see, know about, or piss off.
Speaker 2: Keep in mind, now, the Space Force is a thing. They have a lot of UFO whistleblowers coming out. The government of the United States. Government is acknowledging the fact that UFOs are real, and there's more disclosure coming out every day.
Speaker 3: Did you watch Day After Tomorrow?
Speaker 5: Oh?
Speaker 3: Yeah, oh yeah, man, that show if that happened when we so fucked.
Speaker 2: Ah, you mean the day there stood Still? Or you mean Day After Tomorrow with the big Hurricane of Ice.
Speaker 3: No, the one with uh Keanu Reeves. No, I've seen both of those.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: No, it's the one that just came out like two years ago. You know, it's a Day after Tomorrow.
Speaker 2: I thought the Day After Tomorrow was uh with Jake Jillenhall when the earth froze.
Speaker 3: Damn, Oh my god, hang on now, I've been thinking about the names with Chris Pratt. It's weird.
Speaker 2: Oh, it's weirdy have Tomorrow.
Speaker 3: War Tomorrow wart. Yeah, my brain sorry, y'all, it's late and my brain's like not working.
Speaker 2: And there's some sort of alien that's been thawing out in the ice.
Speaker 3: Ice, yeah, and it busts out and it's hive mind and they're crazy fast and crazy good at killing.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I mean when I saw that, I was like, of course you'd make it about you know, ice and then thawing out and then beating down there.
Speaker 2: That movie also killed me, So, like, these things are super sensitive to sound, So obviously Chris Pratt needs to bring a short barreled ar with no suppressor on it. Clearly that is the correct move. There's skin is also super thick, and we need like armor penetrating rounds and some high velocity rounds shortened barrel ar. Clearly the option. I'm like, and you were supposed to be some sort of a billy badass when you were in the service, and this is Yeah, I'm just saying, I'm.
Speaker 3: I like the law of the movie, though I did.
Speaker 2: I like the premise behind it. Some of the tactics that were used a stupid and then also they just dumping people dumping rounds in the stairwell of a building with no ear protection whatsoever, and everybody just unloads and I'm like, bro, rip to your ear drums and you're gonna try this ship.
Speaker 3: That they did, though, I'm like, yeah, they didn't prepare those people at all. Like, if you're going to be throwing bodies at this and trying to win a war, why wouldn't you prep these people or.
Speaker 2: Give them some training, even the level of training anything.
Speaker 3: They just were like, let's throw bodies at this machine of death over here. It's like, okay, some of it was really stupid. The premise behind it, though, I was like, what is it with you? You guys in the fucking ice? Man?
Speaker 2: Well, I mean, as far as that goes, we have looked about we found microbes that exactly.
Speaker 3: And then we have this conversation. It's like, man, it's really not looking good for the home team.
Speaker 2: It's not at that really nice right. So then cut to the Madrid Protocol off of the Antarctic Peace Treaty. Yeah, you're telling me that with all this going on now, that in twenty forty eight, whoever is leading our country in Russia and all these places are going to just come together and say all right, I know there's tons of oil. I know, there's tons of uranium, tons of gold. We're just gonna leave it where it's at. We're just gonna sidestep.
Speaker 3: They have it, has no have it. It doesn't say that it has a termination date.
Speaker 2: It doesn't. But twenty forty eight, they're gonna be able to come to the table and re sign it, but they will make changes.
Speaker 3: But the only way that it can be signed is unanimously agreement.
Speaker 2: Right, that's my point. So you're telling me that that's all going to agree to keep things the way they.
Speaker 3: Are, all twenty six parties adopt the protocol.
Speaker 2: I got a hard time believing that that's just going to go down that way.
Speaker 3: They adopted it in nineteen ninety one too. That's what it says, is that they all agreed in nineteen ninety one. What the hell happened in nineteen ninety one that they agreed upon.
Speaker 2: You know, the collapse of the Soviet Union or whatever. Yeah, but yeah, and then it was enforced in ninety eight.
Speaker 3: I see that.
Speaker 2: And that's the thing. It's this is a different world than it was in the nineteen nineties, and I have a real difficult time picturing that the world in twenty forty eight is going to just be a utopian area where everybody's going to be chill. I just don't see it.
Speaker 3: I will say that those of you that want to read the document, this is actually breaks it down really good.
Speaker 2: So I mean we could read the rest of it if you want.
Speaker 3: Oh no, no, I just was simply saying like, it's it gives you the entire document, and it gives you all the different parts and how to break it down and read it.
Speaker 2: So oh yeah, no, man, those are hyperlinks. We are not drying.
Speaker 3: Yeah no, we're We're not going to go down that rabbit hole. But I was just kind of looking at like, hmmmm, all right, but if you want to, yeah, the good old Antarctica.
Speaker 2: If you want to visit Antarctica, you would have to go through the IAATO. All right. This is the organization that gives you all of the permits that you need to go to the island continent. And the thing is for everybody, even scientific researchers, have to go through this organization to get their permits Antarctica. And I'm just gonna read a little bit of their website here. Antarctica is the largest wilderness area on Earth unaffected by large scale human activities. As a unique pristine environment, it has been afforded special protection. It is also physically remote, inhospitable, unpredictable, and potentially dangerous. It really is. And again, if y'all want to see about how dangers, look at the story of Tom Kern and what he had to do to just survive that place three separate times. It's insane, badass all he is. All activities should therefore be planned and conducted with both environmental protection and safety of mind. For the record, To get your permit approved, you have to have every step of everything that you plan to do, and your whole gear list, and who's going and out, how long you plan on staying, and what type of area are you staying, what type of tint are you using? Like has to be laid out.
Speaker 3: I mean, no shit, it's freezing cold there. They don't want people to go there and die because then it gets bad pressed and then more people want to dig around. But you can't take a cruise ship, y'all.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Well that's the thing. Even to go on your cruise ship, you have to go through this. Oh yeah, but the cruise liner, it's understood that you're gonna buy by certain rules. Even if you go to that resort quote unquote that's open for certain sections of the year, you're not leaving the resort, like you're not allowed to just like go explore Antarctica.
Speaker 3: You have to want to, like why would you want to try to go by yourself places and be like get a hope for the best.
Speaker 2: But see, that's a two part problem. Right on the one side, it's for your protection, sure, because you could step through the ice and fall into some underwater cavern, a lake, glac You have no idea what's there? Or two, how do they know you're not going to be throwing trash everywhere? And now this pristine, untouched human all the things. Now we got penguins eating shit or.
Speaker 3: You see the ice wall.
Speaker 2: Obviously it's about the ice wall. Clearly you find the hole. I'm very glad that you brought up the ice wall because there has been a group of flat earthers and a group of globe tarts that made their way to Antarctica to prove the idea of the ice wall and the twenty four hour Sun and your boy Jaron, who is supposed to come on this show eventually one of these days, we're gonna figure that out. He actually has shifted his narrative and he acknowledges that you know, what the Earth is in fact round? It simply must be. So, you know, we're gonna play this little clip, and this is from the damage report. Surprise flat Earthers, the world is round. Let's listen on this one together, and we'll hear from them what they discovered on this one. And I will give the disclaimer. This girl, it's a bit of a bitch, but she's doing it in a joking way, so like I'll take it. But just so we understand here, she definitely is throwing her bias hard at the expedition. But I also think it's pretty entertaining. So let's check it out together.
Speaker 6: Of all the conspiracies that have sort of pervaded human consciousness, wouldn't we agree, Other than the fake birds aren't real conspiracy, which is a beautiful troll, the flat earth conspiracy theory is perhaps the most perfect.
Speaker 2: You know, I can't see edge of Earth, therefore must be flat.
Speaker 6: It's just so so lizard brain, so simplistic, so beautiful, and in fact, between two and ten percent of Americans believe it to be true.
Speaker 4: Pause, Sometimes you are wrong in life. This is and I thought that there was no twenty four hours son. In fact, I was pretty sure of it. But I respect Will Duffy for being a stand up guy, at least in the way that he kept saying it was true. I kept saying it wasn't. She said, do you want to go, I'll take you and brought me here. And it's a fact. The sun does circle you in the south. It seems like the moon does circle here as well, so you start thinking about.
Speaker 2: That as well.
Speaker 4: It doesn't mean that a map is over, flat Earth is over. Maybe somebody's got the answer. I don't have that answer.
Speaker 6: And what you saw right there was one of these flat earthers coming to a really.
Speaker 2: Really tough realization that he is wrong.
Speaker 6: Because that is Jason Campanella or Jaron Campanella, who's been in multiple documentaries about the Earth being flat and runs of flat Earth YouTube channel channel jarrionism. Oh boy, and he's finding out that, no, the Earth is not flat. In fact, he was flown to the Antarctic for one thirty five thousand dollars flight by a round earther. In other words, someone who lives in reality in order to see whether the sun would ever set right in the Antarctic. It does not set. It's twenty four hours straight. It just goes around and around and around. So he was like, yeah, oops, I saw it, and I guess you could be wrong, and now I'm gonna pack it in. Of course, he's not gonna pack it in. He's gonna he's probably gonna he's gonna figure out some way to grift off of this.
Speaker 2: But that was amazing. He's like, the rounders are right.
Speaker 6: Of course, actual flat earthers who still believe they're calling bs, they think that Jaren actually was in front of a green screen flat Earth. Dave over on x says the final experiment green screen busted.
Speaker 2: Shout out to flatter Dave. The bet is still on, Dave. If you're out there listening, three bitcoins are your face tram stamped on me. If we could prove one of us wrong, let's continue, uh.
Speaker 6: Which I don't even know what this is an image of.
Speaker 2: But cool.
Speaker 6: Then here's someone else who is using Melty SpongeBob meme in a way that he.
Speaker 2: Thinks is good.
Speaker 6: You're trying to prove the world is round by displaying twenty four hour sunlight, but leave the on the chroma key that will cause live feed distortions to possibly ruin all the investment to go down.
Speaker 2: There, because your credibility is gone.
Speaker 6: It's like NASA relanding on the Moon and then having a chroma key malfunction on the live stream, and you're sitting here.
Speaker 2: Going, I don't see why that's a big deal.
Speaker 6: My God, like it again, guys, it's not about being proven wrong. It does not matter whether they are wrong. They will always find a way to continue to believe the lies. And bless bless this rounder. I'm calling him a rounder, the round Earth or who spent thirty five thousand dollars to send Jaren on a trip that he would never forget. And it opens with can we just play it again? It's just very funny to me, Let's play it again when he realizes that he was wrong.
Speaker 4: Sometimes you are wrong in life. And I thought that there was no twenty four hours son. In fact, I was pretty sure of it. But I respect Will Duffy for being a stand up guy, at least in the way that he kept saying it was true. I kept saying it wasn't He said, do you want to go, I'll take you and brought me here. And it's a fact the sun does circle you in the south.
Speaker 2: It seems all right. So again Jaren, who he is supposed to be coming on the cult of conspiracy one of these days, I am super excited about that, by the way, just going to throw it out. Oh no, no, I mean because a like he's actually been to the South Pole, which.
Speaker 3: Is yeah, I do want to ask a whole bunch of questions.
Speaker 2: Secondly, your boy Duffy thirty five thousand dollars to send three of them to the South Pole, and your boy Jaren's the only one that was like, well, I thought this was the case. And I mean you've seen the flat Earth model, have you not? And so if the sun is making its rotation on the plate like they say, it is no matter how you slice that, there's no way that the sun could be on Antarctica for twenty four hours they were shown this Jarin is the one that was like, Okay, I think this is the way it is. I was wrong. The other two started going through like this weird sense of denial and then jumping through a million different hoops to try to say that it's the sun reflecting off of the firmament and that's why, and it looks like and it's this, and it's this. Flat Earth. Day is the only one that said anything about a green scream, even though there was like five different camera angles that were being used and there was shadows that you could see. It was live streamed the whole twenty four hours like it. He basically was calling into question even the flat earthers that were on the expedition with him because they were saying that there was no green screen being used. So it's anyway. Yeah, so as far as the ice wall converse goes, no, nope, that's that's not a thing. It's just it's not so I'm sorry about that.
Speaker 3: A lot of us watch Game of Thrones.
Speaker 2: Yeah right, I mean I did too, I do. I do love Game of Thrones. But anyway, so now, good cult members, let's get back to the Antarctica conversation, and let's talk about how Raytheon was running the Giant Lab for America in Antarctica, because in and of itself, that's conspiratorialist. Fuck. Why is one of our biggest military industrial contract in military industrial contractors running wholeheartedly. The MCDUA or I think that's the name of it. M McDonough. I'm gonna look at here in a moment. Research labh makes no sense. Whenever you look into this, you'll find the Raytheon Polar Services Company. Raytheon Polar Services Company was a division of Raytheon now it's called RTX that provided logistics, operations, and staffing for the National Science Foundations operations in Antarctica and Antarctic waters. This it contrasts with the United States Our Antarctic Program expired March thirtieth, twenty twelve. We're going to get into why that is here in a bit, but let's talk about their operational role. The US Antarctic Program Participant Guide lists RPSC Raytheon's role in the Antarctica as following supporting science and operating research labs. So it's not like American scientists there. It was Raytheon scientists at these labs, procuring, arranging for transport, warehousing and issuing equipment and supplies, operating and maintaining stations, research vessels, and numerous field camps. Arranging medical clearance and travel of parties, Managing transportation of passengers, and cargo arranging annual resupply and fuel of McMurdo by Military Sealift Command contract ships. McMurdo that was the name of the base, excuse me, providing marine terminal operations complying with safety, health and environmental requirements. Ratheon Polar Services operates the Antarctic Fire Department as well. So real quick, can you name one aspect of a research lab that wasn't covered just now? Pretty much everything from the transportation, the supply of materials, the scientists themselves, the fire department, all of this was ran by Raytheon. So whenever you'll see certain people say Raytheon doesn't actually run McMurdo Bay, they ran every aspect of it. They may not have owned the base, but they were the entire manpower and body of it. So take that for what it is.
Speaker 3: That's pretty crazy, to be honest with you.
Speaker 2: So now let's talk about the criticism which leads to the first and to my knowledge, only confirmed murder to ever take place on Antarctica. Raitheon Polar Services Company has been criticized for failing to cooperate fully in New Zealand's investigation of Rodney death. Marx died in two thousand from methanol poisoning while working at the Audmundson Scott South Pole Station. New Zealand Police and the coroner, Richard mcgerla said Raytheon and the National Science Foundation failed to provide full and prompt information to the authorities. New Zealand Police believed there was a private US investigation into the death, which the US organizations refused to disclose. In two thousand and seven, two employees of Raytheon had been evacuated from the South Pole station after one broke the other's jaw in a quote unquote drunken Christmas punch up. So so yeah.
Speaker 3: The symptoms are headache, dizziness, nausea, nausea, vomiting, lack of coordination, confusion more severe will develop later, blurred vision, abdominal pain, blindness or death.
Speaker 2: And let's talk now about Rodney Marx and his symptoms. Sir Rodney mars He died the twelfth of May two thousand. He was an Australian astrophysicist who died from methanol poisoning working in Antarctica. So his career, you know, he had a very stoic career as far as an astrophysicist concerned cool cool going on here, It says I Munson. Scott Pole Station is run by the National Science Foundation, a United States government agency, although much work at the time was subcontracted to Raytheon's Polar Services company. So his death on May the eleventh, two thousand, Rodney Marks became unwell while walking between the remote observatory and the base. He became increasingly sick over the next thirty six hour period, three times refusing increasingly distressed to the station's doctor. Advice was sought by satellite, but Mars died on the twelfth of May two thousand, aged thirty two, with his condition undiagnosed. The whereabouts of the station, doctor Robert Thompson, are unknown. So even the doctor who said that, oh man, you're not looking good, maybe we should he's gone. No one knows what happened to him after this, allegedly doctor too or you know, he was never a doctor to begin with. He was a Raytheon employee, and he just kind of, you know, shuffle shuffled. The National Science Foundation issued a statement saying that Rodney Marx had quote apparently died of natural causes, but the specific cause of death had yet to be determined end quote. The exact cause of Marx's death could not be determined until his body was removed from Edmondson Scott Station and flown to the continent for autopsy or flown off the continent for autopsy. The case received media attention as the first South Pole murder, as suicide was considered the least likely cause of death. He was buried in Bellbreak Cemetery, Mount Dundane, Duneede, Victoria, Australia. Now let's talk about the investigation. Marx's body was held for nearly six months over winter before it could be flown to Church christ Church, New Zealand, the base for the American activities in Antarctica, for autopsy. Once in New Zealand, a post mortem established that Marx had died from methanol poisoning. Both the United States and Australia agreed to a Quarner's inquest being hailed in New Zealand. Jurisdiction issues in the Antarctic are complicated. Most American operations within Antarctica, including the South Pole Base, are within the Ross Dependency Territory claimed by New Zealand, from where supplies are dispatched the US government does not accept New Zealand's claim to territorial sovereignty or the application of New Zealand's law to the United States citizens operating in Antarctica from the operation Deep Freez's christ Church base. New Zealand has not questioned the use of the US marshals in the in relation to crimes involving only Americans in the Ross dependency. An investigation was undertaken by Senior Detective Grant walmart war mould YEP of the New Zealand Police and the direction of Richard McLaren of the christ Church Corner. A formal verdict has not or has yet to be entered. A two thousand and six series of coroners court hearings and statements to the media raised questions from both the police and the Corners of Mark's poisoning was intentional. The DSS Warmald said, in my view, it as most most likely Mars ingested methanol unknowingly. M methanol is not something that you're gonna think is liquor.
Speaker 3: It's you know, take a random shot of it, I guess it's liquid natural gas LNG.
Speaker 2: That's not something that you're gonna like accidentally drink. That's that's ridiculous to me. So, yeah, it would obviously be unknowingly.
Speaker 3: Or or is injected into his veins.
Speaker 2: There I have no there's no record of that being the case, but that could be. But if his stomach was pumped and they found that he clearly ingested, that's like drinking gasoline. Like it's there's there's no way you're gonna accidentally not know that this isn't liquor or something. But either way, Warmalt said it it was not credible to believe that he had deliberately drunk the methanol when he had read he had ready access to a large supply of alcohol, Marx had recently entered a new relationship, had nearly completed important academic work, and had no financial problems. He had promptly sought treatment for an illness that confused him, and there was no reason to suspect suicidal intent. Wormald indicated that Raytheon in the National Science Foundation had not been cooperative. I find that very interesting, Wormald stated, regarding the NSF conclusion that Mark's death was from natural causes, that's bullshit. We One of the results of the NSF internal investigation and to get in contact with the people who were there to ask them some questions. They weren't prepared to tell us who they were. They have advised that no report exists, and to be frank, I think there is more there. There must be, he said. I am not entirely satisfied at all relevant information or I'm sorry, I'm not satisfied that all relevant information and reports have been disclosed to the New Zealand Police or to the corner. Having obtained details of the other forty nine people at the base at the time, Wormald told a newspaper, I suspect that there have been people who have thought twice about making contact with us on the basis of their future employment position. The US Department of Justice also failed to obtain answers from the two organizers or organizations which appear to have denied jurisdiction. In December of two thousand and six, the christ Course christ Church Coroner Jesus reconvened the investigation, the results of which were widely reported. The coroner's hearing in christ Church was then adjourned indefinitely, indefinitely indefinitely. Mark's father thanked the New Zealand Police, who he said faced an arduous task of dealing with people that quite obviously don't want to deal with them. In two thousand and seven, seven years after the deaths the death the case was again front page news in New Zealand when documents obtained under America's Freedom of Information Act suggest diplomatic heat was brought to bear on the New Zealand inquiry. In September of two thousand and eight, the written report, all resulting from the December six inquest was released. The corner could not find evidence to support theories of a prank gone awry, nor foul play, nor suicide. The cause of the fatal methanol poisoning has never been determined, and the Marx family has given up hope of learning what happened. It's crazy, this.
Speaker 3: Is that's a wild story. Especially, did not have any kind of closure to it.
Speaker 2: And why wouldn't Raytheon be like, hey, y'all, yeah, this happened to our site. Here's what happened, if nothing else, to clear their name of all of this shit. But again, in twenty twelve, allegedly Raytheon quit their their Antarctic ties just a few years after all this came to light, just looked real bad on them. But anyway, so now let's talk about the giant hole, the giant hole aka your mom in Antarctica, and let's learn about it more together, shall all night? I really have I have this all night? He's like, yeah, just I mean, it's just one of those oldie but goody jokes. You know, it's just as timeless. Anyway, let's get into it here. This is from Live Science. Researchers have proposed many origins for a gravity anomaly in Wilkes Lake, East Antarctica, but the latest evidence suggests subglacial hole is an impact crater measuring three hundred and fifteen miles across.
Speaker 3: That's huge.
Speaker 2: That is massive, Like they said, it's the size of Ireland. So anyway. The Wilkes Lake Crater is a hole in the bedrock beneath East Antarctica's ice sheet, measuring three hundred and fifteen miles across. Researchers have been trying to explain its existence since the nineteen sixties, and the most recent evidence suggests it was born from a cataclysmic meteorite impact. Another one, another one, absolutely, the Mars Rock.
Speaker 3: It's Mars Rock. Maybe that's where they're getting the samples from.
Speaker 2: The crater was first detected as a huge dent in the Earth's gravitational field. A huge dentt in the Earth's gravitational field. But somehow it's from a media A huge dent like that's that's kind of a bit of a misnomber, isn't it? Like if the metior caused the hole, why is there gravity deforming around it? I don't know, I'm just saying away. Initial ground based seismic and gravity surveys already indicated that the crater was huge, around one hundred and fifty miles across, but newer techniques revealed that it's likely more than double this size. According to the twenty eighteen study, the wilkes Land Crater sits around about one mile beneath the surface of Antarctica's ice sheet. The study showed the crater in more detail than ever before and examined its potential link with Southern Australia, which was connected to East Antarctica until around thirty five million years ago. While the origin of the crater remains uncertain, the results of the study suggests that the event that created the whole likely occurred before the continents separated. Wow, so pre Pangaea five million.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Researchers have proposed several explanations for the wilkes Land crater, including that it could be a volcanic structure, a sedimentary base, a deeply eroded valley, or a meteor impact crater, according to a twenty fifteen paper. For that paper, scientists use satellite remote sensing techniques to map the crater and determine its physical characteristics. In the middle of the hole in the Earth's gravitational field, known as a negative gravity anomaly, they found a positive gravity anomaly, with the ice sheet filling the gap around the central peak like a huge frosty doughnut.
Speaker 3: It's so crazy to me.
Speaker 2: That makes no sense. A giant hole the size of Ireland and they still have no idea what caused it. I mean, I figured, yeah, I mean maybe.
Speaker 3: Maybe that's a that's like the Bascoliss basilisk. Yeah, and Harry Potter how it moves to the walls except i e. Moving through Antarctica.
Speaker 2: I mean maybe, But I feel like if it was meteor they be able to skin it right, and especially if it was that large. I mean, I understand it would be kind of eroded by now or whatever. But they have told us so much in these articles we've read about how Antarctica is like a time capsule and ice. That's it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it keeps everything, even down to micro organisms, so nothing.
Speaker 2: So they can't find the meteorite itself, not.
Speaker 3: One single shred of evidence.
Speaker 2: Yeah, wild. The central peak is likely a structure known as a mass concentration or a mas con. According to the study, mas cons can occur within meteor impact structures due to the meteor crashing through Earth's crust and affecting the mantle beneath. Following the impact, the mantle may recoil and form a dense plug also like your mom, resulting in a positive gravity anomaly. The study authors wrote, the wilkes Land Crater is a mask and its mass con aren't perfectly circular and instead form a us. According to the twenty eighteen study, whose results support the conclusion that the crater was caused by a meteor impact, the northern side of the crater is fragmented, perhaps as a result of tectonic processes that ripped Australia and Antarctica apart. The author noted parts of the crater are clearly visible in southern Australia. They added, Wow, wow, let's see if the wilkes Land Crater is an impact crater, then it would be the greatest impact crater known on Earth in terms of its size. In twenty fifteen, a study researchers found that the crater's diameter matches the speed and size of space rocks that regularly crashed into Earth during its early history between four point one billion and three point eight billion years ago. Okay, but that's a wide gap. So we're talking somewhere between three billion, give or take four billion years ago and thirty five million years ago.
Speaker 3: No, no, it says billion, no, no.
Speaker 2: No, I understand that. But they're also saying that this impact likely happened before Pangaea, and they're suspecting thirty five million years ago.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so it's a huge gap.
Speaker 2: Like I wish I could give people a good size comparison to that, But that's insane. Thirty five million as compared to four billion.
Speaker 3: It just seems odd to me, especially the.
Speaker 2: U shape it does. Indeed, it absolutely does. So you know, from that article, we're gonna go over to the next one to talk about this. The Side Tech Daily mysterious polynia paullinia. Scientists finally explained huge hole in Antarctic sea ice. Hopefully they give us a little bit more clarification on this. This was published in twenty twenty four. A recent study explains the formation of a large Antarctic sea ice opening by detailing the oceanic and atmospheric interactions that caused it. Researchers have discovered the missing piece of the puzzle behind a rare opening in the sea ice around Antarctica, which was nearly twice the size of whales and occurred during the winters of twenty sixteen and twenty seventeen.
Speaker 3: May die, are we talking about the same one?
Speaker 2: I don't believe. So they're talking about a giant hole in the ice in the ocean.
Speaker 3: Oh, okay, so we have another hole that popped up.
Speaker 2: Around the same time. There were the radio pulses were happening, all right?
Speaker 3: Oh.
Speaker 2: A study published on May one, the twenty twenty four in Science Advances reveals a key process that has eluded scientists as to how the opening called a pollinia was able to form and persist for several weeks. The team of researchers from the University of Southampton and the University of Gothenburg. In the University of California, San Diego, studied the mad Rise polynia the mod as in right by where the Nazis had their base setup, okay, named after the submerged mountain like features in the Wettell Sea over which it grows. They found the pollinia was brought on by complex interactions between the wind ocean current and the unique geography of the ocean floor, transporting heat and salt towards the surface. That quick, that quick, that's the hole that okay, you know.
Speaker 3: That was coupled with the stairs and the doorway and everything that they've seen, plus the quote unquote not pyramid, right, I've seen maybe mister Fuller had it, had the idea that we had the cloaking technology, what if something was coming out of those holes.
Speaker 2: Not to mention there's tons of UFO sidings in and around Antarctica, tons, especially in the last few years. There was that one where they saw all of these tic TACs flying over Antarctica.
Speaker 3: It would make a lot of sense, you know, if they decided to come up and they're doing their own exploration, or they're going back to space wherever they're from and they, you know, decided to make a little tribute you. It would make more sense that this happens.
Speaker 2: It really would to me. They're going to talk about how this was a naturally forming hole that opened up in the ice. I gotta be on honest with you, that's bullshit.
Speaker 3: There's no way coincidences because coincidences.
Speaker 2: We totally have those that happen all the time and crazy. So anyway, all right, I wish we would have had an article to talk about the stairs.
Speaker 3: Right, but yeah, the stairs. You can see in the video that we talked about that we've shown a couple times with both episodes, it does show a photo of it. It shows two different photos in the beginning when it's talking about the different things that the people have talked about. You can't actually look up the photos yourself. They get dispelled really quickly. People are just like, ah, that's fake, it's just a random thing. I will say that the one photo does in fact really look like human made stare not human, maide. Honestly, it looks like giants mediums. They're so made, yeah, purposely made. They're so huge.
Speaker 2: So that being said, the ones that I've seen as far as the stairs go. Sure some of them AI, I get that, I totally do. There are others, and not just one. There's more than a couple that have. Let's just say they popped up on the maps and then the next day we're gone. And those were verified images from not just Google Maps, but satellite images. And for that to happen, basically a thing pops up and then the next day the satellites note a photoshop that out. And keep in mind, you're not allowed to go and explore Antarctica on your own, because that would be crazy.
Speaker 3: Do you remember the common theory going around a few years ago that the Google Maps didn't have the full map of Antarctica. And I've looked at it before where you couldn't see the one side of it, like the darker side of it. Right now you can see the whole thing, and if you like zoom out on Google Map, you'll like you can rotate the Earth around and it'll show you like the different angles. They said it was because I read an article years ago that was talking about why they couldn't get the photos was because they didn't have the technolog to take the said photos around it, and that it was in dark places that were very difficult for them to get photos, but didn't. We just read that they went when early nineteen fifties or something like that, where they were taking seventy thousand photos the forty.
Speaker 2: Foe from a plane and somehow satellite can't do it when Antarctica experiences a twenty four hour sun and the helicopters.
Speaker 3: That were all there. So you're saying that you couldn't take photos, But because enough people bitched about it, like it was like the biggest thing that people can constantly said, well, why can't we see this part of Antarctica? Why can't we see this part? What are you hiding down there? Suddenly out of nowhere? Then you just have the whole picture, right, and then that ties in with the stairs and ties in with the holes, and it ties in with all the other pictures that people have zoomed in and seen things, and they're like, that just doesn't make sense logically, and they're like, but we can't explore it though. That's the thing. So many of the comments have been made in the articles that there's vast amounts of Antarctica that we can't explore right now, that they can't it's just they can't even get to it, so.
Speaker 2: Kind of hard time believing that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, So, I mean, we read how many articles in the research it's said that there are so many places where they couldn't get to, that there's large plots of land that they've never even been to, and that some of the teams take weeks and weeks and weeks to even reach a place right for a certain amount of time. They have to hike in with all this gear though. That's what's some of the things that don't make sense to me, is some of the locations that they go to. They're hiking in with all of this gear, setting up these temporary places, taking all of these samples and all this stuff, and then having to hike back out in hopes that they don't fall in the cracks so they don't have the shifts and all of these things in the weather. But you're saying that you can't explore a large parts of Antarctica as well.
Speaker 2: Tom Crane was able to do that and explore Antarctica by dog sled dog set. Yeah, and they're saying that right now in twenty twenty five, we don't have the technology. No, we don't have the technology cruise out here, and I'm sorry, that's that's completely bullshit.
Speaker 3: So we don't have the technology to look for it. We all know that they don't want to dig for anything or do anything for the least tell forty eight. So it just doesn't add up. All the different things don't add up personally for me.
Speaker 2: It doesn't whatsoever.
Speaker 3: What there's even more stuff to cover, and all the different things we could we could probably just do episode after after episode.
Speaker 2: Wow, we really could.
Speaker 3: Words are hard tonight.
Speaker 2: We really could. And so we are going to wrap this episode on this article and this is from the Antarctica Cruises dot com. If anybody wants to go there, this is I love it. This is a thing. This is the thing that you can do. Antarctica's greatest mysteries and hidden secrets revealed. So we're just gonna go over a couple of them. We have already talked about Nazi Germany's secret Antarctica base, Antarctica UFO sightings. Hey, you know, let's just jump ahead to that one and go from there. Antarctica UFO sidings, Alien hideaways and pyramids under Antarctica. Besides the wacky notion that Nazis had obtained extraressial technology to fly UFOs out of their underground base in Antarctica. Oh. Alien rumors continue to periodically swirl around the bottom of the world, numerous satellite photographs showing utterly unremarkable features of the White Continent, from ice cracks to none attacks, which are rock peaks rising out of surrounding ice. None attacks, that's a new word, I just learned. To existing research basings and supply convoys have provoked frenzy talk of UFO crash sites and ice hidden alien cities. And we have a whole article dedicated to debunking the supposed pyramids discovered in Antarctica, which are simply natural pyramid mountains shaped by glacial and freestyle processes. Again, I like how.
Speaker 3: They went out of their way to write an entire article to dissuade you and to make you feel like you're crazy. And hey, if you do want to go in this, you're not going to see any of these things. And don't worry. You know this doesn't happen.
Speaker 2: Right, And again, the glacial shearing of a mountain and the thawing and all that.
Speaker 3: That is a real thing. That is real, is real scientific thing. But to have all four sides. I'm sorry, it looks like a pyramid. Now, I understand natural formations. I've done lots and lots of classes on them. Right, I will say it definitely could happen, right, But yeah, it would make more sense to me because of how strategic the pyramids are placed all around the world, that there would be one there, at least from my opinion.
Speaker 2: And especially if you also take into account all the other crazy things that are going on in Antarctica, right, and the possability of what's underneath, and the fact that there's a crazy time capsule in the fact that there's all these UFO sightings and all these things. It's I'm not saying that there's a zero percent chance. I'm saying it's fascinating.
Speaker 3: It is. The micro organisms get me though, Yeah, that really gets me. Some of the stuff that they're fund that they've just found in the one lake. Let's re emphasize that one lake out of over four hundred, and that's the only one that's it, that's the only one that they've actually found stuff in because it's the only one they've been able to successfully get all the way down into. Right, So we don't even know what the hell is in the other.
Speaker 2: Lakes at all, or most of the continent for that matter.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we're just kind of guessing at this point. We're just throwing shit at it.
Speaker 2: Oh, it's wild, all right. So well, let's see the Bouvett Island lifeboat set almost midway between Quinn Maudland, coast of Antarctica and the tip of South Africa. Bouvet Island an uninhabited Norwegian dependency. Somehow Norway got a claim on that, but all right, is the most remote island on Earth. It's a volcanic landform, mostly swaddled in glacial ice, and besides its sheer isolation, iciness and the roughness of the surrounding Southern Ocean seas, the island's steep sea cliffs make it tough to access. Indeed, in nineteen sixty four, the British Royal Navy HMS Protector visited Bouvet Island and helicopters ferried a survey team under the charge of Lieutenant Commander Alan Crawford Ashore. This was on the heels of a volcanic eruption on the island. Sometime in the mid to late nineteen fifties, that created a new low bench of land named the does your people you tell me what that is? Nairote Nairoisa, I.
Speaker 3: Have no idea.
Speaker 2: I don't know that. On the northwestern coast, exploring that word, we're gonna call it nie Yeah. Nah, the survey team found a seal piled lagoon and partly water logged within it a whaler or ship's lifeboat, while a pair of oars, a forty four gallon barrel, and a copper buoyancy tank were found along the rocky shores of the lagoon. The team could find no human remains or other evidence of humans occupying in the vicinity or occupation in the vicinity. Okay, well that's very interesting.
Speaker 3: That's because they got sacrificed to the blood fall clearly.
Speaker 2: Clearly. We already talked about the wilks Land gravity anomaly, which that's still crazy that this crater allegedly hit Antarctica allegedly, and now as a result of that, we have this weird dip in the Earth's gravitational pull around it allegedly. I out loud, that makes no fucking sense.
Speaker 3: I wish I had more of a physics background. I'm gonna have to learn it I guess at this point here comes YouTube con Academy FA.
Speaker 2: Yeah, buddy, all right, now let's go into the Falkland Islands wolf. This is interesting. In the late sixteen hundreds, the first Europeans to land on the Falkland Islands, set some three hundred miles off the eastern Patagonian coast of South America along the cusp of the sub Antarctic zone, made their earliest records observations that the archipelago's native canide, or the so called Falkland Island's wolf or wara, this large wolf like fox, as Charles Darwin described it. Yeah that Charles Darwin was the only known native terrestrial mammal in the Falklands, and it didn't have all that long for the world. Hunted for its fur and persecuted by sheep herders, the wara went extinct by eighteen seventy six. How this doom beast made it to the remote Falkland Islands in the first place was long debated, as no other island group of comparable distance from a continental coast is known to have its own indigenous canide. In twenty thirteen, a study utilizing DNA analysis suggested the Wara split from a mainland ancestor not going to try to pronounce that Latin. Quite recently in the geological scheme of things, perhaps only sixteen thousand years ago, which coincided with the last glacial maximum of the pleistol Pliosa scene Pliostacene. Sure, at this time of lowered sea level, Argentina's coastal plain dramatically expanded, and the Falkland Islands covered significantly more water above or above water area. Evidence suggested the archipelago then was only separated from the mainland by a narrowing, shallow strait, which quite likely would have frozen over with sea ice. So perhaps it was by such an ice bridge that the ancestors of the Falkland island wolf Tit trotted their way across the island. Okay, that's interesting anyway, all right, So now the Antarctica mystery Hole. In mid nineteen seventies, after the launch of the very first satellite, the first mystery hole in the winter sea ice of Antarctica's Wettle Sea was documented, a massive New Zealand sized void of open sea when one would think ice cover would be the thickest and most continued The mystery hole in antarticle reappeared in the mid to late twenty tens, and with a thirteen thousand square mile gap opening in August twenty sixteen and a nineteen thousand square mile one appearing in September and October of twenty seventeen. Another mystery hole opened up in twenty nineteen two. Really, what is causing these holes to open up? I guess they're going home where they're sending shit home? Maybe keep on home. Let's see, we talked about the perie Reese map all already. It's interesting, but then whenever you look at it as compared to the information that he had at his time, it's interesting, but it's not something like, really hang your hat on uh Lake Volstock, monster, octopus.
Speaker 3: We could always save these and do the miss and and all of that, and the octopuses and all the random crazy stuff.
Speaker 2: Oh shit, you're trying to make a third episode out of this.
Speaker 3: I might because I really want to talk about the lore, about the miss and stuff. I was just looking at the some of the stuff. I was like, I feel like there's so much that we can come back to you and how all the different conspiracies actually tie back to Antarctica and talk about why they do.
Speaker 2: Good cult members, tell us what you think about as possibly doing a part three on the Antarctica mission here or I mean, honestly, we could turn this into a series, because it's like every single thing we've talked about, we could do a way deeper dive in to show the fallacies and the scientific explanations and the historical precedence to it and all of these things. It's fascinating in and of itself. So let us know what you think about a good cult members. We want to hear from you. But before we go ahead and give our send off, I do want to remind you that if you would like to experience cannabis, but not in the smoking form, in the possible drinking form, that what you need to do is go to link in the description below to Good Feels Cannabis Seltzer. I was gonna say CBD. It's thhc seltzer. They have CBD in it as well. I have never partaken of the product, neither has Raven Lee, but Jonathan, the former co host of this show, swears by it. He loves the product. He says, there's all these delicious flavors. I think like twenty four of them or something like that, and you can get them mailed to your door right now. To go to the link in the description below order some and you will get twenty percent off your order and free shipping from all of the things. I also want to mention that if you would like to get your start in the buying and selling and trading of gold and silver, boy, and then go to the link in the description to cocsilver dot com. When you feel that transformation, our homeboy, Wayne Clark is going to be the one to reach out to you and get you squared away. Talk to your financial advisor, talk to your CPA, your accountant, whoever's in charge of your retirement portfolio, and ask them, hey, bro, I've heard things about precious metals. What do you think about investing in this? Is this smart? Is this kind of hokey? Is it not going to be a thing. I promise that every one of them that are worth their salt are going to tell you that you at least need to invest a portion of your retirement portfolio in precious metals. We are talking silver, gold, and platinum, bullion and minted coins. The best place to get your start and that would be like I said to go to ccsilver dot com and get your start today. And it also supports the show, believe it or not. The way you can support the show and let the good cult members all over the world know what you think about this would be too. Please hit the five stars, hit the shares, hit the likes, hit the subscribes in the comments, and leave us a positive review all over the place. Do it on Apple Podcasts, do it on Spotify. We know you're listening all over the place and we want to hear from you why you're at a Go give Jonathan over at Metamistics the same level inspector with the five star reviews and the positivity and the comments. Help us boost these algorithms through the movie. Also, go check out Cajun Knights and come join each of us, Jonathan and I on our Wednesday Night lives every Wednesday Night, nine Cam. Sanchel links to those patreons in the description as well, And we want to thank you for everybody's already gone and done so. And with all of this being said, this was another beautiful episode of the Cult of Conspiracy. I'm the Kasey Knight from Raven Man and there's one Dan Porter's Judi via the spectors for region just doy off that are Hey cult members, Jacob here just want to ask who wants better sex? The best way to get started is to go to Adam and Eve dot com. Right now, Adam Eve is offering fifty percent off just about any item, but that's not all. When you get one item, they will also send three bonus sexy items and six free movies. They offered a screen shipping as your privacy is a priority. Plus free shipping on your entire order. Doesn't matter how much you spend or what you buy. All we pack it's incent discreetly for free. That's fifty percent off one item and ten free gifts to boot bring more pleasure and satisfaction into your bedroom. Just go to Adam and Eve dot com and select any one item. It could be an adventurous new toy or anything you desire. Just enter the offer code cult at checkout and you'll get fifty percent off almost any item, plus ten free gifts, three bonus items, six free movies, and free shipping. Use the offer code cult. That's cult at Adam and Eve dot com. Now. This is an exclusive offer specific to this podcast, so be sure to use this code to get you not just the discount and the free goodies, but also the one hundred percent free shipping with the code Cult