Speaker 1: Welcome back to Raised by Giants special episode follow up to the last Schizospiracy the Mega Burrito Hour. But this isn't a Maga Burrito ho, this isn't a Maga Burrito episode. Those are on the third Monday of every month. This is a special episode where we're going to be talking about Severance Season two. The final episode of season two just dropped last week, and here to talk about it with us, the host of the one on one podcast to Get Weird one A Alla, how's it going?
Speaker 2: My friend was, how do I sound? I sound like I'm supposed to sound, and like not like last time?
Speaker 1: You sound good? Okay, coming through loud and clear with the micael cool.
Speaker 2: We're here and we're queer right, Oh okay whatever, We're here to talk about Severance.
Speaker 3: Dude. It got pretty crazy, man, I'm ready and there's a lot of stuff. There's a lot of Easter eggs too, bro that people.
Speaker 2: I was like watching theory videos on it and all the craziness that people are coming up with, like the conspiracies within the show, and it gets wild, dude.
Speaker 3: Like first season, I'm gonna.
Speaker 2: Be honest, they ain't have me Like the first half but it's one of these shows that you watch it and it all starts to make sense towards the end. You go, oh, that's why that happened, or that's why that's happening. You start to connect the dots after the fact, and you don't really appreciate it because it is a slow burn, dude. It's like a really really slow burn. You're just grinding through the entire thing. And then season two was like boom bro it went crazy.
Speaker 3: It went crazy.
Speaker 1: It did get really crazy, and one of my favorite episodes of the whole thing was the Corbel episode. I think that the Corbell I really like that one. It was kind of off, it was kind of different. It's kind of like the Breaking Bad episode with the fly. Did you watch Breaking Bad? The Fly episode where it's like super freaking random and doesn't make any sense and it's just like an episode where they're trying to kill a freaking fly the entire episode. But that's what this episode felt like. But I thought that it was. It brought the character of Corbell and wrapped it all together really nicely, and we figure out the Corbell all in. Spoiler warnings for anybody that hasn't seen season two or it hasn't even seen the first season. We covered the first season and the schizospiracy episode number two. Now we're going to be covering the second season here because is all caught up. And I just thought that it was a really good fleshing out of the character because we didn't really get any information of exactly what was going on with her. And it turns out that she essentially created all of the technology of the Severance, like technology that they use, and they stole it from her. Well they sort of QUASEI stole it. They kind of told her to like, shut shut up, and you know, you got to serve Kiera during this whole thing and take a back seat to this, but we'll give you a management position, you know, and then they kind of like screw her over and then she's like, oh, well, you guys just screwed the wrong person on this thing, which I think that they were going to kill her. Remember whenever she went to meet with Elly at the Luman and she was like, yeah, come on up to the thing, and I'm pretty sure that that's where they were going to kill her. But she knew that they were going to kill her, so she turned around and got in her car and left. And that's whenever she went to this orphanage type place, which I'm not it seems like an orphanage. Did not look like an orphanage.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm not sure exactly, but she was she was. He wasn't severed the entire time she was there, right, right?
Speaker 3: Or was she?
Speaker 1: I don't think she was now right.
Speaker 2: Because like it started, like these things start to make sense after the fact where you go because and they did.
Speaker 3: They did a really good job.
Speaker 2: But the thing is, you have to pay attention when it comes to shows like this because if you're not paying attention, it can get a little crazy, right, especially in the in the last episode when they're going up through floors and they're switching between the innye and the audi, and then the the episode where he's having a conversation with his any with the camera. But then it's a special lodge, the birthing lodge, that they have to be in in order to do that, which is bro that that's Masonic, like that concept of a Pythagorean palace, which I've talked about. It's a Now again, this is technology, right, but any technology indistinguishable from magic, right, any sophisticated technology is indistinguishable from magic, right, That's the whole thing. And a Pathagoora and Palace says that if you build a structure to certain geometric restrictions, it can elevate the consciousness of a person within it, or a group of people.
Speaker 3: This is why masonicologies are built. The way that they're built.
Speaker 2: And the way that you can elevate someone's consciousness, you can also suppress someone's consciousness. So think about it and the severed way where once they go in, they're tapping into a different part of themselves, a different personality. And then it all starts to come full circle when they reveal what the numbers were, what all the names of the files were, and I was just like, this is too much. And then it starts to get into the ethics of it all, which the whole show was sort of about the ethics of this is it? And the question that we asked on the last episode, can would you sever yourself? Would you go that far to get a paycheck or whatever it is? We don't know why exactly, well, we do know why in the in the story in the show why he did that. He kind of wanted to separate himself from the death of his wife. Right, he was depressed. He tried to be the professor or the teacher that he was, but he just kept seeing her everywhere. Like that's what they said, that he kept seeing her everywhere and he couldn't get over it. So he did it in a way to kind of shut off for however many hours, was it like nine to five? Sometimes they work like nine to six, like really late hours, and he was disconnected. You go out, you go home. He was drinking a lot when he was home. Right, So again, depressed guy who just wanted to just get by, I guess. And so the ethics of it really got to me where I'm like, I forgot which which scene it was where all the two gay dudes, the guy that what's that actor's name he's really famous from from Click.
Speaker 3: Christopher Walking, Christopher Walking, Oh my god, dude.
Speaker 2: Brain Christopher Walking and his husband right when they're talking about which by the way, was weird because he's like, yeah, you know, when we went to church, and the guy's like, you guys went to church, you know.
Speaker 3: He's like, yeah, we went to church so that his any would be saved.
Speaker 2: Because then it starts to get into the whole concept of do anyes have souls? And if they do have souls, can they be saved? And bro this is directly out of like fifteenth century homunculous talk where it's like do homunculus have souls? Can they be saved? Did God die for that creation?
Speaker 3: Sin?
Speaker 2: And essentially when you create in any you're creating another life form, but it's yours, right, So it's so weird where you see you know, you got the perspective of the ny where he's arguing his case, like, hey, help me save my wife, and then he's like, I think that once you save your wife, you're going to forget all about me, right, And then obviously we have how the series ended, which I wasn't expecting it to end like that.
Speaker 3: I was.
Speaker 2: I thought he was going to go through with it. But again, then what where do they think they're going?
Speaker 3: Bro?
Speaker 1: I know, I know that's a really confusing part. And I thought that was really interesting too with Christopher walking and Irving whenever they were talking about that, because that brings a different, completely different aspect to it. It's like a spiritual type of consciousness aspect in there. There's a lot of mirroring stuff that was going on as well, Like with Kobel, whenever she is in the weird area at the home or whatever, whenever she goes upstairs and she grabs that mask that her mom was supposedly on, like a ventilation mask, like well, I think it was a respirator or whatever it is that helped people breathe whenever their you know, their lungs or they have a really bad upper respiratory infection ventilator and she was breathing through it. But if you remember at the end of season one, whenever she gets fired from Lumen and she goes into the she's on the Masonic floor and she destroys all the stuff that's in our house, she's gripping a hold of that exact same ventilator mask.
Speaker 3: Dude, really, i't Yeah, whenever she's.
Speaker 1: Laying on the Masonic check her board floor at the end of the first season, she's gripping onto the the same type of ventilation mask that she has in her house. And then it's the exact same thing whenever she's in season two and at the home, whenever her mom, that lady that works there or lives there or whatever supposedly killed her mom or whatever, and she's upstairs in her bed working on the ventilator.
Speaker 2: So the theory with the whole thing is that the main Eagan guy, which is, let me find his name here, the main guy, James Egan. They're kind of hinting at that. I guess he was married to her mom, and then that she might be I could be getting I could be mixing all this up. But anyways, point being that Corbell might be Mark's mom and this is the reason why she was kind of involved with the labor process of like one, you know, what was she doing there? She was pretending to be the selactation nurse, was kind of caring for the child, and the theory goes that she might be Mark's mom. In this series of they were trying to and this is where it gets weird, bro, because they were trying to birth like the perfect almost almost like a moon child, but with the Kier spirit. And this comes into play when James Egan walks in on Helly the any of his daughter and he said, you know he was when she goes to kind of stab him, she goes he goes, oh, there it is, you know the spirit of Kiera or whatever.
Speaker 3: The fire. He says something along those lines.
Speaker 2: And what they're hinting at is that Helly's any has this kier spirit, but her Audi doesn't. So James Egan prefers that any of his daughter and loves that any of his.
Speaker 3: Daughter, but not her Audi. Bro.
Speaker 2: But it's all tied in with the mom of Corbel and everything, and I want to say that the way they broke it down, and I forgot how it went, that Corbell's mom might have been one of these, because James Egan hints at kind of sort of spreading his seat around and having many Deeter Egan right, The is an anagram for AI generated. So they have this other weird aspect of like the story of Kiera and his brother and then his brother dying in the what.
Speaker 3: Do they call that other realm that was frozen? Was it the planes?
Speaker 2: It's not, it's it's a place that they're they're speculating that that's a place that exists in the in the Innis world, in the Innies reality.
Speaker 3: So the entire.
Speaker 2: Building of Bro, the entire building of Lumen is kind of like a portal, and these Innis are able to access other places, and this is where the Hall comes into place, and these liminal spaces that we talked about before comes into place. So I'm gonna find the outdoor retreat place of where where it is?
Speaker 1: Oh, I saw that that was like a real place. I didn't realize that that was inside.
Speaker 2: Of Peter Egan National Force, the men Minawaska State Park Reserve and this is in ker Honk Stint ker Honk Sin.
Speaker 3: New York.
Speaker 2: H So yeah, the Ortbow the outdoor retreating team building occurrence by Milchick. And by the way, I mean, I think I think Milchick's my favorite character Shadow. When he gives them the paper, he just like runs out, Dude, It's so funny. And then when he's doing the dancing with the with the band, he's like breaking it down doing the choreography and everything with the with the wand or whatever he was doing.
Speaker 3: Bro, it's crazy.
Speaker 1: I joked whenever I was watching it, I was like, is this what Milchik has been doing this entire time? Is preparing all this freaking choreography. That's why he's not getting anything done and he's behind because he's doing all this dance choreography and preparing for the final Cold Harbor completion, which that part is kind of confusing to me as well. There's a lot of open ended things. We still needs hollow. What was hell That's what it is.
Speaker 2: Yeah, So the here and here's the thing, so Deeter Egan National Forest and the waterfall being Woe's hollow. I'm gonna look up to see if Deeder Egan National Force exists in the Severance universe, because if it doesn't, then it's this liminal space outside of reality that.
Speaker 3: Only existed for them in that time being. You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it kind of seemed like a simulation because it started out with I think Irving like out on the ice, and I was like, are they in a simulation? But then they made it seem like it was actually real the further the episode went into it and the further things went in because they were talking about like dying out there, if they could die out there, and then Irving is essentially like lost and like after Helly and then he attempts to kill Helly. So it's it seems like it was really happening. So I don't really know how that works and how they even got them there.
Speaker 2: This part is reminding me of like, uh, that show that movie that we watched, What the hell is it called Cattle Lake? Where it's like super confusing here, pull up my screen here real quick. So I'm trying to figure out if Deeter Egan National Force is an actual place. So ker Pe is that where we're at?
Speaker 3: Fictional town?
Speaker 2: So it is an actual place in the town a corporate town built by illumin Industries for its employees and name. The town is named after Kir Egan and several locations also named for other members of the Egan family. So I guess it is a real place, but it did seem it did seem like simulation esque for a little while there. Yeah, And here's a forested wilderness area and kere Pe named after Kier Egan's twin brother Deeter Egan, which again is an anagram for AI generated in the area contains several landmarks, including Scissor Cave, where Kier Egan was said by Seth Miltrick to have tamed the four tempers, and Woe's Hollow, where Kir claims to have met the temper Woe for the first time. It also contains a lake overlooked by a rocky promontory which resembles a scene depicted in the Kere cycle painting. Kier invites you to drink his wa, drink his water, I mean drink of his water, which in al chemical terms that's semen bro that's that's uh, the water is semen. So here we have Kier invite you to drink his water. People are saying this resembles the the the Michigan Lakes right the Grand Lakes. And also this painting reminds me of this other painting could have swore was related to oo, this one right here starting today, let's see it reminds me of have you seen this painting before?
Speaker 1: No, but it looks very similar.
Speaker 3: It does.
Speaker 2: Here you go Casper David Frederick The Soul of Nature. You imagine European landscampaigning by portraying nature as a setting for a profound, spiritual and emotional encounters, working in the Van Oud of German Romantic movement, which campaign So the Soul of Nature. Let's look up to see if there's any esoteric, esoteric meaning for this particular and for those listening, it's a painting of a man overlooking a cliff essentially, and he's looking into the wilderness. And essentially and this is Ai by the way, so just take it for whatever it's worth. An esoteric context, the soul of nature often refers to the belief that nature possesses a fundamental, interconnected and spiritual essence mirroring our own souls, and that connecting with nature can lead to deeper self awareness and spiritual growth. Which that's not wrong. I mean, when you go out into nature, you're supposed to connect with I don't want to say reality, but it kind of in a way, you're connecting to reality a little bit more. Right, you meditate, you do if you do yoga, then you you know, you stretch out there, look at this. Nature is the portal to the soul, a gateway to the self. So again this show is getting very kind of Youngion in a way.
Speaker 3: It was about.
Speaker 2: Looking within and the end is the any. Right, the ani is your I don't want to say dark self, but kind of r it's your ego. And when your ego sometimes as a want to let go, which was the whole problem that Mark was having when he's trying to convince his any to help him save his wife, and he's like no, no, no, no, no, I'm in love with Helly.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's who I'm in love with him.
Speaker 2: And if I save your wife, that means I won't be with the person that I want to be with.
Speaker 3: So again, now the whole.
Speaker 2: After the season ends, now people are getting into the theory of perhaps James Egan is gonna have a way for Helly's any to be permanent, because that's the one that has.
Speaker 3: That Kier fire, that Kier spirit.
Speaker 2: Which I don't know if they're trying to manifest something bro like in reality. Because the weird animatronic scene where Milchik is talking and kind of arguing with the animatronic where it's kind of going off script, people are speculating that that might still have Kierre's consciousness to a certain level. If it was and by the way, that was Ben Steller's voice the Kier animatronic, that that was and that's.
Speaker 1: What it was. We were looking that up on the last show. Mm hm. We saw who was Keanu Reeves.
Speaker 2: Was the building in the video that they showed him where it's like here at lowin we care about what youth and like they were showing them the tribute to their department.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, that was so weird. Dude, like, why would you why would you go ahead first and deep into the uprising at Lumen? Dude, Like that was so strange. That must only be for the people inside of Lumen, because there's no way that they made that for people. There's normal, everyday people. For a commercial that you would show.
Speaker 2: To the like the audis, yeah, this is the this is the video where they're thinking that they're like thanking them for for doing the uprising and kind of doing this video of like making them feel that they made a difference. That was Keanu Reeves's voice.
Speaker 1: Oh, I was wondering where they were, but I binge them kind of back to back to back to back.
Speaker 2: Me too and that, And this is gonna be one of those shows where you're gonna have to go back and rewatch. So what I'll probably do is have to rewatch season two when season three comes out to get a fresher, like a refresher on the whole lore because honestly, it kind of goes deep. And I was asking you, I'm like, hey, is there any books on this, like, cause it's kind of interesting once you start getting into it, you want to learn more about the the lure because what interests me the most about this particular.
Speaker 3: Show was.
Speaker 2: That, mind you, I talk about the esoteric and the occult and things of this nature, and the reason that this name, you know, nature is the portal to the self and all this sort of stuff interests me because also I've seen this painting in reference to Nietzsche, and I'm not sure, I don't remember exactly where I saw it in relation to Nietzsche. It might have been like, you know, when you're staring out into the abyss, the abyss starts to stare back into you sort of thing. So I've seen this particular painting in reference to him. And what interests me the most about this show is as I'm watching, I'm looking for this occult connotation to everything. I'm looking for this occult aspect, and this show kind of wanted to go there. It wanted to get a cult and it kind of did you know at the end of season one with the whole choreograph masonic flooring, weird ritual that they were doing where Dylan sits on the bed and puts on the head of Kier and watches the tempers exactly is essentially what he was watching, right, the tempers. That was kind of a cult, and then in season two it kind of gets a cult when it comes to the goats. Now, mind you, a baby goat is called a kid, and the kid symbolism is throughout the whole Egan thing. It was like their mascot for the school. And also you see the you know, the the.
Speaker 3: Kid.
Speaker 2: I have to pull it up here, so Egan kid school book. It was like a school book that you saw. So the baby goat stuff is right here, So go go fighting kids.
Speaker 3: And this is like a baby goat, right, go fighting kids.
Speaker 2: And this is I believe look at this, look at this theory, bro, bro it gets crazy. But point being that the goats right and you know which scene I'm talking about where they present the goat as a sacrifice, which was so weird.
Speaker 1: I didn't really understand. I mean, he was like explaining it, Drummond, Mister Drummond was explaining like why they had to do it, but it was kind of like out of love Field, and it makes you believe that it's sort of like a like what they're trying to do with the humans as well. They're essentially trying to form humans, but they're also trying to form goats to find like the perfect goat to them.
Speaker 2: Here's the thing goats in certain Druidic and other cultures, the goat is the cycle pomp. The goat is the spirit that guides the person in the afterlife. Okay, And I'm trying to pull up the symbols on the table.
Speaker 3: Mark safe from becoming a sacrifice for Kir.
Speaker 2: I'm trying to find the table in which they put the little baby goat in because it has some symbols on it and it shows like the steps into what you're supposed to do. But again, right, you have the black goat, this guy here, you have this whole department where they're like raising these goats. But they kind of seem like like heathens, you know, like they seem like kind of uh, it's the girl from Game of Thrones, by the way, that big tall one. They kind of seem like like heathens. And I'm just thinking about the we will fight that heathens. We will fight that Hethn's a system of a down, you know, the whole thing. So the here she is right here, Severn's finally reveals the dark purpose for Luman's goat. So anyways, they're they're asking for sacrifices. Now what I thought was gonna happen because I didn't know what that that gun did. What I thought was gonna happen. This is what I was thinking as I'm watching the show. I'm thinking that they're gonna take Gemma's soul or consciousness and transfer it into this goat this kid. That's what I thought was gonna happen, because he didn't know what the gun was gonna do until he's got it up to Drummond's neck and they.
Speaker 1: That was my favorite part, dude. That was my favorite part of the entire season two when they're going down the elevator and Mark turns into his audi and he stabs Drumming in the neck with the gun. Dude, so ah, man, that was classic.
Speaker 2: The name Drummond has a certain connotation. It's got a meaning behind it, and I'm trying to find it because it meant something along so Druman meaning ridge or hill into kntting, connection to the land, to pography of Scotland. And they again they broke it down really interesting in the in the video that I was watching that didn't take any notes from.
Speaker 3: But that part got kind of a cult in a little way.
Speaker 2: Let me see if I can find a picture of the right because we've been wondering what the hell the goats were since the very beginning, like, yo, is this a connection to like mind control what exactly is going on?
Speaker 1: But what was so weird that they didn't follow up on is in the first couple of episodes, whenever Mark is going around looming with Helly and then they stumble back into the goat lodge, Uh, they asked to see their belly buttons, to lift up their shirts to show their belly buttons. Yeah, And I'm like, okay, well, this means that there's like they're cloning people here. Oh yeah, because if you didn't have a belly button, then that would mean that you were essentially birthed outside of the womb, that you were like your clone, because the ambilic accord to the belly button means that you were born of a natural birth. So I was like, okay, well, this definitely has something to do with cloning as well, and then they didn't really follow up on that. I'm guessing that in season three they're going to do some kind of uh follow up with the cloning stuff, because why would they put that in there? Oh, let me see your lift up your shirt and let me see you see your belly button. And Helly lifts up her shirt and Mark lifts up their shirt and they both have a belly button. And then the one guy was like, well that doesn't mean anything.
Speaker 3: Yeah, oh it didn't make sense to him.
Speaker 2: But maybe this is what they're hinting at here where they're actually growing sheep.
Speaker 3: Oh, this is you know, this is a sheep, not.
Speaker 2: A goat, but where they're growing sheep in artificial matrixes, this is this is real, like this is.
Speaker 1: The first cloned animal was a sheep, Dolly the sheep.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, so maybe they're hinting at that.
Speaker 2: Maybe they put in a goat because the goat symbolizes like the.
Speaker 3: You know, the cycle pomp, so we find it here.
Speaker 2: You also have the Greek god Pan, Roman god Mercury, which are kind of goat. Baphomet is a freaking goat. The dude wearing the horns. So again, were they kind of getting satanic? People were saying that her her outfit right in all black was kind of satanic. And then maybe this is mirroring like the again Druidic kind of sort of origins and is that the new interpretation of like corporate America, corporate greed, we're all sheep, you know, being sacrificed to molocc essentially. I mean I don't because there's you got to remember that this show also has a lot of that underlying theme of the overreaching of corporations and things of this nature. So it might not be one hundred percent a cult and like oh look they're sacrificing goats whatever it might have like hey, you're the goat, Like you're getting sacrificed, like you're the sheep being led to the slaughter, right, Because that's also another interpretation of the whole show, which was let me look up the so now we can read the whole wiki page without without spoilers.
Speaker 3: Without spoilers. So let me pull it up here.
Speaker 2: So reception, a viewership, critical response, Let's see what we keep ideas saying about the symbolism behind it because marketing release, Oh hold on, what's going on here? Writing, casting, set design, filming. Yeah, I just thought it was so interesting. Ben Stiller is like.
Speaker 1: One of the main.
Speaker 2: The main people behind this show, which you wouldn't think that about him, right.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean he's a comedian, he I mean, they might have this type of sense of humor in him, like we talked about it with Zulander one and Zulander two, which is essentially like mk ultra stuff. So he's kind of had this. I feel like he's had this in his chamber for a while and he's trying to spit all this because the only this kind of blew up through like audience, like grassroots type of thing, Like I don't think that they were expecting it to go over this well. It seemed like it was a really niche thing, sort of like I know I've referenced From like so many times on MGM plus, but that's what happened with From as well. Like some people watched the first season, there wasn't any promotion for it, no one really cared about it, and then it got this like big audience reaction like what the fuck is going on in the show, and it kind of blew up from there. And that's what I feel like that happened with this show, because like you were mentioning the first five episodes, like you're just like we just keeping Yeah, we just keep doing the same thing over and over and over again, Like what is going on? With this thing.
Speaker 2: So here we have some free Masonic symbolism, the beehive. The beehive is right, and free Masonic symbology is the whole thing. They say that it represents camaraderie, structure, working with.
Speaker 3: Your people, like you know, a team sort of thing.
Speaker 2: Right, the beehive and this particular guy here at Russell Net he's talking about I think the writers and visual artists behind Severn's had quite a bit of fun playing with Masonic imagery. I don't mean that in a satanic panic sense. I mean that they're doing it intentionally as a hint to the audience about what they're trying to say with the show. For the purpose of this article, I'm lumping Freemasonry, the Illuminati, and Luciferianism into one big pile. Normally, you can go way off track by looking too deeply into minute details of TV shows. Severance is not like that. Severance seems to invite the viewer to freeze frame everything, to examine it closely. That was one thing I didn't enjoy about the show, because a lot of the things that I didn't catch.
Speaker 3: Was the Helly's.
Speaker 2: I guess Employee I D was the same as Cold Harbor. So they're trying to say that she is kind of Gemma. She kind of says that too. She's like, I'm her. What the hell did she mean by I'm her? I took that as that she was Gemma or maybe Helly's any is one of the consciousnesses of the files that they created, and they put it into Helly and that's why he falls in love with her.
Speaker 1: That's right, That's exactly what I was thinking. I was like, yeah, because that didn't make any sense, because they want you to relate that part where she says I'm her as I'm the any version of her AUDI version. But I don't think that that's exactly what's going on. I think that because the whole thing doesn't really make too much sense as to because it seems like Mark is the only They basically explain that Mark is the only one that can do this to her. He's the only one that can get rid of all of her, like the things to create a super consciousness for her to like go into. Right. Yeah, but Pete pe D in the beginning of the series was the head of the Severed Floor. Yeah, before Mark wasn't always the head of the Severed Floor. So what was he working on when he was the head of the Severn floor down there? Was he? Because that doesn't make any sense. How could Mark have been the only one that can do this for however many years that they've been there when he hasn't been the head person that's employed down there when it was PD up into the point that we started in, and he had already been there for like how many years, like two years up into that point.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and somebody did the math, by the way, and this show would take place in twenty thirty five, And yeah, that part didn't make sense to me because the magnum opus was Cold Harbor, which they hinted at Cold Harbor in the episode where they're looking back at Gema and Mark's relationship and the baby crib on the box. If you read the box, it had the letters that would spell out Cold Harbor. So again, if you're not watching the show, how this guy's saying freezing it frame by frame, you're not gonna understand it. And that was That's one of the mistakes I made when I was watching the show, because I was watching it while I was working, So I'm paying attention, but I'm not paying like attention, You get what I'm saying, Like.
Speaker 1: And bro, who the fuck is the young Asian girl?
Speaker 2: I thought that was a young Gemma, maybe a cloned version of Gemma, because they kind of sort of kept her with the same not the same job. But it was weird that there was a child there. That's why Dylan was like, hey, are you sure?
Speaker 3: Like are you here?
Speaker 2: Do you want to be here? You're not being kept here by you know, against your will? She was an intern, but I think right in turn internal maybe it was another consciousness of Gemma because she comes into play after they're almost already done. So maybe they bred no pun intended one of those consciousnesses and they put it into a little girl because we still don't know who the hell she is.
Speaker 1: And then they got rid of her right whenever Cold Harbor was getting ready to be complete.
Speaker 2: Yes, because they were all gonna die once Cold Harbor. So again the magnum Opus was finish this thing, and what they wanted to do was what they were trying to achieve. They were trying to see which how far this shield could go, right, this shield that separates all the innies and all these different because when Jemma was being tested on in all these different rooms.
Speaker 3: They would always ask her like, hey, who are you and she.
Speaker 2: Wouldn't remember what was happening in the previous rooms, And mind you, every single room was a different file that they were working on. So what they wanted to achieve at the very end with Cold Harbor was if they could make somebody who is diassembling their dead child's crib, if they could make that person forget that trauma and it wasn't able to bleed through, they were successful. And that's why James Egan went into that weird room that he went into, and they were watching it all in because then they're magnum opus or their last experiment, whatever this is, because mind you, it seems like there's a bigger plot and the board almost seems like they're interdimensional.
Speaker 3: They are.
Speaker 2: Like the Watchers or how this guy is talking about the Illuminati, because they're always present. You can only tap into them through that one girl where she's like, is the board here?
Speaker 3: Yes, they are.
Speaker 2: It's like you want to talk to them and then you have to kind of sort of do it through like a medium.
Speaker 3: They're like a priest, a priestess.
Speaker 2: She's talking them through this person so they're doing all this for the quote unquote board. We still don't know if the board is even actual people, or if the board might be some sort of AI bro Like what if the board is a sort of AI algorithm with the whole Deeter Egan, which is AI generated.
Speaker 3: We don't know where that plays a role.
Speaker 2: And maybe there's a bigger scheme behind everything, and that's that might be where they're taking the whole show. Because we got a lot of answers, but we still don't. We still have a lot of questions, right, like the hell was the little girl?
Speaker 3: What the hell is the point of it all? Like what's the point of the whole thing?
Speaker 2: Because once Cold Harbor was done, they were all gonna die. What does that even mean?
Speaker 3: Whether it's just you know.
Speaker 1: This is what I thought was going to happen. As I was watching it, I was like, Okay, Mark is going to decide to go down there, He's going to rescue her. But whenever they completed Cold Harbor, because they talked about it several times that whenever Cold Harbor was going to be complete, she was going to die, like Jimma was going to cease to exist. But that was a metaphor that wasn't real. It was that she wasn't going to physically die.
Speaker 3: She was going to be reborn.
Speaker 1: As a supper consciousness, okay, and that was going to be the final consciousness. So what I thought was going to happen was Mark was going to get down there rescued Jemma. But Jemma was permanently going to be this robot. She was going to be perma burnt. She wasn't going to be able to have any of the emotions, she wasn't going to She's going to essentially be a brand new human adult and not know anything. And I thought she was going to be like that forever. So whenever he took her back up the elevator, I thought that she was going to stay the way that she was whenever she was in there disassembling the baby crip. So she was going to be like But but that defeats the purpose of this big, huge, cold harbor thing, because I thought that that was going to erase all of the other segments of the consciousness that had been created, okay, And I thought that she was just going to be that individual from the very beginning, I mean, like from there on out. So whenever she walks into disassemble the crib, I was like, Mark's going to walk in there, He's going to recognize her. She has absolutely no idea who he is. He convinces her to come with him, should they go up the elevator, and then whenever they go back into their any I thought she was going to stay the exact same and that he was going to have a really big problem. I thought she was just going to be Perma burn.
Speaker 3: Dude.
Speaker 1: I thought she was going to be Perma fried. And I was like, well, that would have been really interesting to do. Because they essentially want to from what I gathered and watching it through one time, is that they want to create this like robot type of person. Right. They want to clear out all of these They want to clear out fear, they want to clear out envy. They when I get rid of all the normal emotions of a human being, exactly all the woes, and they want to create a person that has no emotions so they can essentially do this task all the time twenty four to seven, and then they're not considered a human being anymore, so they can work here forever and never have to leave. Okay, and that's what I was, That's what I kind of gathered was the goal. And I thought whenever Cold Harbor was going to be complete, that that was going to erase all the other separations of consciousness whenever she goes into the the room and she was going to be permanently like that individual. And that made sense to me. I was like, Okay, well that makes more sense than because it doesn't really make a lot of sense as to why that this version of her was so important, Like why would that have to be the end? Why couldn't they separate and do another consciousness after this consciousness?
Speaker 2: Well, I think so there's a few things going on. And you have to also remember, right at the end of the day, they can sever these people whenever they want. They already prove that that they can do this whenever wherever they are. They don't have to be right, this overtime contingency right that they're able to tap into where they're able to shift these people's consciousness wherever they are, no matter the time, no matter the place, which kind of Hey, they don't have to be at Lumen for them to be a severed person. They could be out in the real world, which you know, that's the whole thing that happened when he was out in the book reading party. But also another part of me is telling me that the innies might have a special ability, and that's why it needs to be them in order to birth these other innies into existence, because why not just Hey, if you already have the technology and you already know how to do this, and you can already sever people, why not just do it on your own?
Speaker 3: Why do you need people to do it for you?
Speaker 2: And that's the part that's weird, because they have to be these worker bees for the man, for the corporation, for Lumen that has to conduct this task. Now they say, oh, it's because he can feel the numbers and the numbers are what the numbers are different aspects of in this in this particular, since Jemma's mind, right, that that that was the way that her mind works, and that they were able to deconstruct and reconstruct other consciousnesses of Gemma. Right, But is that true for everybody else? Because how you were saying, Pete, what the hell was he doing? Was he also building ulterior innis or other other any's for Gemma? Like who was he working on?
Speaker 1: Yeah? What was he doing?
Speaker 2: There.
Speaker 1: That's that's like one of the seems like a continuity are but maybe they'll I think the whole thing with Pete is like just done. They scrapped it, the whole thing with Pete on they're going to go back to that. But that was my question because it kind of seemed like it all centered around Mark and his relationship with his wife, and he's the only one that can do the task. So it's like, what was Pete doing there? Was he working on his wife like or his relative of his But then that means, well, how are they working on two people at the same time. It doesn't but I was really close in my theory. But that I said last time before I had watched season two was that I thought that they were keeping the severed people severed, and I was kind of close. It was just for one individual, but it wasn't for everyone. But hey, I was just semi semi had it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, So I'm reading into Pete to see what his whole backstory was, and I'm not seeing why he was there like his we because we saw his wife and his daughter, So he wasn't there because of like he was missing somebody, Like how Mark was where he was missing his wife because she had passed, and then well we thought she had passed. So to tie this into like the bigger picture of the grand conspiracy of people like oh, did did old Jeffrey really die? Or where we presented this concept that he died and maybe he's on some remote island somewhere, you know, his any self, or maybe they transferred the consciousness to you know you guys, b drive whatever and they answered it, you know, in some other body like another vessel. Because that's what this is kind of sort of getting into. If you're able to uh compartmentalize someone's mind, what are you then able.
Speaker 3: To do with that?
Speaker 2: If you're able to break it down and store it into a computer essentially or a hard drive or something.
Speaker 1: What do you?
Speaker 3: What do you?
Speaker 2: What can what else can you do with that? You know what I'm saying like, there's a bigger there's a bigger conspiracy at the end of all this, And I want to look into this particular article here where seven season two finales last shot is a warning about season three, ben Stiller said, So, they said that this shot here where it ends, is a warning about season three. Now, ben Steller explains the significance of the freeze frame and the color red. At the end of the seven season two finale, the episode concludes with a freeze frame of Mark and Helly running down a Lumen hallway highlighted in red. This occurs after Marks and he chooses to go with Helly instead of his Audi's wife, Gemma. Apple TV Plus has already renewed seven season three, ensuring that the fall of this decision will be explored and that the stories of Mark, Helly and Gemma will continue. So maybe in the next season, people were contemplating that they were gonna that Gema was gonna be picked up by Mark's sister and her husband, and that they were then able that they were going to then try and save Mark from inside of Lumen. But then maybe perhaps Helly is going to have a permanent any because that's the one with the kier spirit, right, That's the one that has that fire that her dad was talking about. In an interview with Indy Wire, Stiller explained that the freeze frame is meant to be reminiscent of nineteen seventies movies, which sometimes use freeze frames to show that the movie is over, but that the story will continue. As for the color red, Stiller discussed how the color has been used minimally in this series so far, and that it was introduced to visually mark a distinct turning point towards seven season threes, tone and story. And again, I didn't really realize the red all that much, to be honest, throughout the whole thing, he revealed. He also revealed how the scene was shot to make it feel like it was a scene out of an older movie, and he says, for me, that image was just in my head from the beginning when we said, Okay, we're going to go for this. We're gonna go this far, and this is where we're going to take it. You don't see freeze frames at the end of movies that often these days, but it's used to be. It used to be done a lot more. It's just kind of this moment in time where you're like, oh wow, this is the end of the movie, but it's going to keep going. We just don't know where it's going to go. You marinate in this moment and reminded me of movies that I watched growing up. This slow zoom in on the freeze frame reminded me of seventies movies a little bit.
Speaker 1: We actually like all the Rocky movies.
Speaker 3: Did that really? I never I've never seen Rocky movies.
Speaker 2: We shoot this show digitally, but we transferred that last shot to film and retransferred it because we wanted to have the grain to zoom in on.
Speaker 3: Huh.
Speaker 2: So it felt like a movie that would have been shot on film, where they would have had an optical printer that would have zoomed in on it. And it goes to red, which we haven't really gone to before. I think it's kind of signaling, Hey, we're going into a different tone here. Now we are going into a different reality for these people. Boom bro right there, They're a different reality for these people. So they're gonna be again, what happens if the Lumen building gets destroyed?
Speaker 3: Do the anies go with it?
Speaker 2: Do those consciousness go with it? Because how far could they get away?
Speaker 3: And we know that.
Speaker 2: And the whole thing that I'm not liking about this ending of this show was that they could easily be turned off whenever they want to. Again, we have the overtime contingency. They have full control over these people at any given point, so they could easily shut this whole thing down if they truly want it too. Now, who's left to do that? I mean, James Egan or Milchick is still out there too, you know. Milchick is is kind of the guy running things now with his uh what is his verbose vocabulary or whatever it was.
Speaker 1: Man, stop using big words, mister Milchik.
Speaker 3: Yeah, mister mister milkshake.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he's probably my favorite character, especially after the band part of it all, which that was super weird too, the scene where they kind of run in. They're celebrating and then Milchik does his thing where he's like dancing and so he's breaking it down. Bro, I'm like, but they were also, I don't know if you remember when Corbel sang that song for them in front of the of the office. She did like an acapella like a song. So they played the band played that song. I don't know if you caught onto that now again, I don't know, let me see here the which song.
Speaker 3: It was, to see if it's relevant. Lads severance. Again, there's so many strings to pull out, so.
Speaker 2: All the songs in several in season two from Who to Ella Fitzgerald, Let's see here episode that was what episode ten right here? So they have Cirrus Serious by Alan Park, the Alan Parsons Project, I'll Be Seeing You by Billie Holiday, and the Windmills of.
Speaker 3: Your Mind by mel to MEI or tourm What is this hum all on?
Speaker 2: They were also drawing from a What's that one?
Speaker 3: Twilight Zone?
Speaker 2: They were also drawing from a from a twilight Zone episode two I saw and one of these songs was about to was supposedly about like mind control the Windmills of your Mind?
Speaker 3: Is this one?
Speaker 2: I don't think? So let's see here. What's the song? I forgot the name of the song that they played?
Speaker 1: Yeah, that was just a wild That was just a wild scene. And the whole time I was like, man, Mark, you need to be getting out of here, like quick, dude, Like you can't be just you just completed the file, bro, you gotta be trying to figure out how to get out of here, quick dude.
Speaker 3: Okay.
Speaker 2: So they played a version of the Kier Anthem, the same song that Corbel scenes in MDR season one when the group is back from O and D. The song and a song called Ballad of amber Rose and gonell. I watched the episode once. Yeah, so I think this Ballad of amber Rose and Gonell is a Twilight Zone show Amber Amberrose, Egan and Gnell Egan. What somebody said low key the Ballad of Ambrose and Ganell slaps slaps, Yeah, bro again, There's there's so much here. I'm I'm gonna have to watch it again. Bro, There's there's just no way, like, there's no way we could like, there's so many things I miss looking back at these, like theory uh uh video season three severance theories. So here, oh, look at that, he says. Ben Stiller admits he enjoys wild Severn fan theories. That was twenty four hours ago. There you go, so theories. After watching season two finale, wanted to share some theories about where the season next season could go. Have a different ideas theories if it picks up where season two left off and goes in a new direction. I want to expect specs. Also love season two finale. It was funny and sad in tragic all at the same time. The best parts of the band Helly hitting Milchick with a with I think a trombone, the season with the scene where the band was classic Milchick and what you would expect from what was to be Leuman's finest day. It also added to the suspense of rescuing Gemma. It's a lot, I know, but I would love to hear what you guys think and where you think the show could go from here. All of this is why I think this show should go on for as long as it can. Hell a great story, whether three, four and five seasons all right, So, I know some people think just three is enough, but it should go on as long as it keeps us engaged.
Speaker 3: I don't know about that.
Speaker 2: We shouldn't be limited to just three seasons. That there's more left to tell us about, and there is a lot we still don't know about Lumen Irving and jam or Kiir Egan, James and Luhman try to make so this is one of the theories Jame and Luhman try to make Helly are more like Kier, or perhaps try to make Helena more like Helly r. I say it's because when James talks to Helly, he says she has the fire of Kier and that he saw this in Helena when she.
Speaker 3: Was a kid.
Speaker 2: James seems impressed with how Helly tricked him into thinking she was Helena.
Speaker 3: So that's what I was.
Speaker 2: Saying about him preferring his daughters. He loves his daughters any and not his actual daughter. And now I don't know that's gonna get like pdf bilish, like I don't know if that's like part of this whole thing. How there's some crazy theories. Maybe perhaps not, because that's kind of wild and that's kind of out there.
Speaker 1: But what's weird is that heley R as the Any is in love with Mark. And then it also sees sounds like and feels like that Helena.
Speaker 2: Is she really though, bro Like, is Helena truly in love with Mark? Because she did have relations with him on her own behalf.
Speaker 1: And that's what I'm saying. Both of them seem like they're both in love with Mark. When whenever she wasn't severed, whenever, like in the first like two episodes or three episodes, when she wasn't severed, whenever she was working at lumin they tried to pull a fast one on everyone, and Irving exposed her. She slept with Mark as her audi as Helena, meaning that we like, why would she do that if she didn't have any feelings for him? So it seems like both of them. And then whenever she met him outside, like as there Audi's at that restaurant, whenever Mark went to Saddan at the restaurant, and then she saidden at the other table across from him.
Speaker 2: Oh dude, there's a there's a bunch of people in this family, the Egan family. There's a bunch of people in it. I'm looking up Severn's family tree. You have Kier Egan, Deeter Egan, you have Emoji Egan, Ambarrose Egan, Myrtle Egan, uh Baird Egan, Gerard Egan, Philip, Pip Egan, Leonora Egan. There's a ton of them, Bro James Egan, Helen Egan. There's there's a ton like this is this is wild. I'm trying to see if I can find a picture.
Speaker 1: Well, we don't even know how many other lumen type buildings that there are in the world. I mean, it made it sound like that they were wanting that there's a lot of them, that we're just focusing on one building out of maybe hundreds.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Rather, this is getting into Cattle Lake territory with this family tree.
Speaker 3: All right, So.
Speaker 1: Here's sister, is their brother, and their brother's cousin, and then their stepsister has a wife with a kid that is actually their father.
Speaker 2: So check this out. We have all these egans. Is this the board? Is this the consciousness of these egans that they're tapping into when they talk to the board? Right with Natalie because her last name is redacted, right, So what yea is she He's the one that kind of sort of transmits the board to them, right, She's like this priestess that's able to tap into the board and she's like they've logged off now or whatever it is, like, so it's super weird.
Speaker 1: They have ended the call.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they have ended the call, right, So another thing, perhaps lumin activates the OTC for Helly on the outside world so James can groom her for CEO or make her more cure like. If not one above, we at least need to learn more about James Egan's conversation with Helly and what it meant and why it's important in the next season. Yeah, we're probably gonna get more background on this. We see the indies in the first episode or two refusing to leave the seventh floor as the macro data's uprising spreads to other departments. Helena will get pregnant as a resort as a result of the ort bow, which yet I wasn't she sick in one of the episodes? Didn't she feel weird in one of the episodes? Or was that after she had learned that they had relations?
Speaker 1: That was after she found out that her audi had had sexual relations with Mark, and then she didn't get their experiences, so then they had they had.
Speaker 2: To pitch the tent. Yeah, okay, all right? Because I thought she was like throwing up on one season.
Speaker 3: Maybe not.
Speaker 2: I thought that was like morning sickness or something, right, again hinting at that she might be pregnant, Which what happens then?
Speaker 3: Like? Whose kid? Is that? Really?
Speaker 1: Right?
Speaker 2: If it was created by and this is where you get into different almost like a liminal baby because it was created within any and an audi, So what does that make the kid? You get what I'm saying, because obviously there are still people, but their consciousness wasn't all there. So is that like a severed baby? You know what I'm saying? Like, well, the baby have two consciousnesses? Or like what is the plural for consciousness? Lural form of consciousness?
Speaker 3: Am I saying it? Correctly. Yeah, consciousness is Yeah, that's weird.
Speaker 2: Gemma will try to rescue Mark from the severed floor. That's what I talked about earlier. We will find out that while Cold Harbor failed, when Gemma's any trusted Mark, it was only a setback and gives them an opportunity to progress towards whatever their ultimate goal is. We will see what Revolving is helen to become CEO, maybe in a twist Helly after seeing James talk with her not as just as a normal any we finally see what the board is. My guess it is that it's recent past CEOs consciousness.
Speaker 3: There you go, dude, I think so too.
Speaker 2: We see Irving come back to join Devin, Mark and Gemma as they try to expose Lumin and get Mark back.
Speaker 1: I don't know. That kind of seems weird because I think that they just gave Irving a good accent. I think they just toss this character out.
Speaker 3: Have I been calling him?
Speaker 1: Irving is the guy that's in love with Chris Kin? Yeah?
Speaker 2: Yeah, but Dylan is Okay, I was getting Devin and Dylan mixed up.
Speaker 1: Okay, So Dylan, Dylan is the one that his wife keeps coming back to the Lumen and his wife is catching feelings for his any and not liking his Audi. That was so weird. Dude was so weird. And then he got so salty with her whenever she told him that he had she had made out with his any.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we learned more about Irving, perhaps that he was on the testing for himself. At one point, we learned who Irving was talking to on the phone trying to bring down Lumen, perhaps someone on the inside.
Speaker 3: I don't remember that part.
Speaker 2: We learn more about Lumen's ultimate goal or endgame, perhaps to live forever, and the chips are a way to achieve that.
Speaker 3: I think so too.
Speaker 2: This is all about transhumanism and achieving this quantum immortality, if you will. Cobell might turn on Mark and Devin. She only joined them because she's angry at Luman for firing her and not getting credit for designing.
Speaker 3: Did she kiss her brother, Dude, By the way.
Speaker 1: She did make out with that guy, But I'm not sure if that was was that her brother.
Speaker 3: Was that her brother, was that her ex husband?
Speaker 1: I don't know. I kind of thought it was her brother in the in the beginning of it, and then whenever they made out. I don't know, it might have been.
Speaker 3: You.
Speaker 1: We're getting some Game of Thrones ask stuff going on here.
Speaker 3: Let's see. I don't know if it was. I know he was. I know he was a Cobell for sure, because she says his name.
Speaker 1: But if they were like good friends, or if they both were at the weird orphanage place together, or if they were a family.
Speaker 3: Or who did Cobel kiss?
Speaker 2: So Miss Cobell shares a kiss with Harmony's father, Hampton after they both have ether together. Harmony's father. Who the hell's Harmony was that that girl, the one at the bottom floor.
Speaker 1: I don't know. I don't know who Harmony is.
Speaker 2: It might be the lady that she was talking about that killed her mom. So Harmony Cobell, I'm so confused right now, Miss Cobell shares a kiss with Harmony's brother Hampton. Who the hell is Hampton Cobell right because she says his name. Hampton is a childhood friend of Harmony Cobell. Okay, so I was a friend. It wasn't her brother.
Speaker 1: They kind of made it seem like that it was her brother though a little.
Speaker 3: Bit all right.
Speaker 2: So as a child Hampton worked at the Ether factory owned and operated by Lumin Industries, alongside his friend Harmony Cobel. There they both became addicted to ether. When they grew up, Harmony left and began working for Lumen Severed Floor. When she returned to Salt's Neck, Hampton initially refused to help her, but ultimately decided to drive her to her aunt's.
Speaker 3: House at her request.
Speaker 2: He waited outside for her for several hours before going inside to get her. He brought ether and they got high together, and then he helped her out of the storm shelter on the property where she found what she was looking for. She was confronting her aunt when Hampton called her to tell her someone was coming.
Speaker 3: He let her take the truck to help her escape. So they were close friends. I thought it was her brother, but I was like, what is happening here? So Coba Mike turn on them.
Speaker 2: We see a flashback and learn how PD and or Irving both new about the testing floor. Like a couple others have said, we see Mark continuing to have to make choices that pin his Audi against his any. Helena continues to try to get with Mark, whether OUTI or any. Helena starts to betray her father James Eagan as he becomes more like Helly.
Speaker 3: She already.
Speaker 2: Seems to be having somewhat of an arc as she when she's with Mark at the Ortbow and apologizes for distracting him finding his wife. She doesn't make a distinction between Indian audi. As the stakes rise, we learn about grund debates about whether to outlaw or to keep severance w This is in Kier, the state or Congress. Along with nineteen maybe, we see Helena a congressional hearing testifying against Mark and Gemma about what they've experienced. We see backstory on James Eagan or even Ker himself, and see Helena as a kid being groomed to be CEO of Lumen, especially after the animatronic Kere saying his grand agenda is closer to being so he does say this, that the agenda is closer to being fulfilled.
Speaker 3: That's what I'm saying. Where the hell is all this going?
Speaker 1: Well, it seems like from my theory, and I mentioned this on the last episode of The Schizospiracy Hour, that it seems like they just want to breed people to work here like permanently so they don't have to deal with these people anymore. Like they don't have to deal with severing these people. They don't have to deal with innies and autis. They just have full time in ease that are essentially robots that have no emotions and they work there forever. I mean, that seems like the end goal and is like what they want. It's kind of like the version of the Ananaki story right where the Anonachi come down. They you know, create this version of like work her bees, which is in turn us to mine all this gold and mine all this stuff for them, for their whatever. It's That's what it seems like and like what they're trying to accomplish. And I think that that is the goal. Now whether they actually it doesn't seem like they're going to complete that because of this hiccup that they're having with Mark right now. So but that seems like what they're what the whole end goal is, and it might have been because of the goat that didn't get sacrificed. Is the reason, is the reason why the rest of her consciousness is didn't get separated from her. So that's why it couldn't be complete. That's why she couldn't permanently be you know, perma burnt in that new section of consciousness, so she wouldn't be like that forever because the goat didn't get sacrificed, So all the consciousness is that had been split that they had been working on for years stayed in there because the way to get rid of all those was to kill the goat. So they would essentially have all of those split consciousnesses that were inside of her inside of the goat. So whenever they killed the goat, that would get rid of all those and then she would permanently be like that emotionless entity that was taking apart the crip.
Speaker 2: And check this out, bro, Queen bees use mind control to keep young workers online. A queen bee needs to keep her subjects common quiet, and she does this so by seek secreting a scent that prevents worker bees from learning. According to you, this is two thousand and seven, Bro. What that's wild?
Speaker 3: Bro?
Speaker 2: The study published This is from two thousand and seven. The study published this week in the journal Science found that a component in the queen's pheromone inhibits inhibits the sterile worker bee's ability to learn from negative experiences. That's wild, and that kind of sort of ties into this hole, right, the beehive, the Masonic symbolism, this whole thing where the outside real person whatever that is, doesn't really know what's going on on the inside, so they're not learning from the negative experiences of like the uprising and everything else. And it's like, hey, you hurt your hand. Yeah, they told me I fell off a cliff or something, right, like I remember when he had hurt his back or something or other. So again they're kind of hinting at this sort of a b thing. So by preventing aversive learning, the queen ensures that her youngest offspring will stay in the hive and not use their things even if something unpleasant occurs. The active scent element is very similar to the brain compound dopamine, which is involved in learning and memory and humans as well as I wonder, dude, if within the hive these bees are under this mind control and then outside of the hive they're not, that'd be very interesting because the bees are severed.
Speaker 3: Bro.
Speaker 2: The bees are severed inside the hive, And that's why the Freemasons use the hive symbolism, not the bees, right, but with the Wakerman and everything. And then outside the hive. When they're not next to the queen, they're a different They're the audi version of like, Hey, I just got to go collect pollen and do all this other stuff. Then I come back and I'm in I'm a drone again, you know, Like.
Speaker 3: That's bro.
Speaker 2: Evers learning is when the animal makes an association between a particular odor and a nasty experience. A senior study author, Alison Mercer, a neurobiologist at the University of Otago and New Zealand, ought to go The nasty experience in the study was a mild electric shock accompanied by a particular smell. Honey Bees separated from the queen extend their stings when they detected the odor, but young honey bees exposed to the queen's fermone did not respond to the smell. Bro Outside the hive, they're not severed inside, They're severed while they're in contact with that queen's fermone. The young bees that groom the queen are exposed to very high levels of her pheromone. Older bees, which forge for food outside the hive are capable of averse learning, Otherwise they would have a little chance for survival.
Speaker 3: There.
Speaker 2: It is, dude, like you got into the real world. You take care of your any by eating, resting, Right, That was the whole thing. With the end, He's like, hey, how do you guys distinguish between a weekend and the next day. We just show up here again, and he's like, no, you'll learn the effects of when you get a good night's sleep.
Speaker 3: Is you know something along those lines.
Speaker 2: It's like, you'll learn to appreciate the effects of sleep because they never slept, and then when they finally do sleep, we see that they dream. Remember with Irving and his weird dream that he had with the with one of the Woes or whatever it was, that he saw the lady, the short lady. He had like some weird, trippy ass dream. So that the homunculous dude dream writer, What does that mean?
Speaker 1: I say, not the bees.
Speaker 2: Roh.
Speaker 3: That's crazy, man. I never never knew about that.
Speaker 2: And that's from two thousand and seven, so imagine how far the study is probably gone.
Speaker 1: Right, I didn't know that about bees. I mean, I knew that the queen bee had everything to do with like their behavior, but I didn't know that that was only inside of the hive. So this does that makes sense? So the closer the bees to the queen bee. The more that it's controlled, the further that it is a way.
Speaker 3: Fringe research suggests that the insects that are essential to agriculture have emotions, dreams, and even PTSD they're talking about probably talking about.
Speaker 2: Bees ptsdbs having dreams and everything.
Speaker 3: Bro. So Nick Cage was right, not the bees, not that bees anyways, Bro, this is uh, this goes deep. Man. I'm excited for season three.
Speaker 2: To what I'm not liking is I hate when I start a new show that has like little bits of episodes that are like recent, because then I have to wait for the next season come out.
Speaker 1: Well, at least we didn't have to wait for a season two because some people have been waiting three years for this season.
Speaker 2: Well, the writers strike or whatever it was contributed to it being delayed, which we're not gonna hopefully not have that. But season three severance.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Ben Stiller said that it wasn't going to be another three years, so hopefully it'll be.
Speaker 2: So this is three days ago seven season three release date speculation. So let's see here what it says.
Speaker 1: It'll be two years like every other standard.
Speaker 2: Oh man, that's the lame, dude. I can't wait three years. You're gonna have to wait three years to talk about this again.
Speaker 1: We're gonna have to rewatch the whole thing again.
Speaker 2: Hey, they might surprise us and be like, hey, you know, next year or whatever. We we already recorded it and they like drop it, right. I mean that could also be. That'd be dope if they maybe like the same time next year, dropped it.
Speaker 1: That's what happened to me with Yellow Jackets. I watched the id binge the first two seasons of Yellow Jackets, and then the third season just came out like, I don't know, a month ago, and I couldn't remember anything about it.
Speaker 2: We shot the show, so it took us a little bit to regroup because there was the sag Aftra and Riders Guild of America strikes, so that was delayed because of that. And then it says here it took us a little bit to regroup in the show. We shot for one hundred and eighty six days on season two. Editing takes a while, but thank goodness, the audience was there when we came back. The challenge was to get people who hadn't seen the show to watch the first season, so Apple did a really good job getting the word out and we did as much press as we could. Also, three years later, Apple TV is actually a different it's a different situation there now because they have more viewers. When we started out, we were one of the first shows. So one hundred and eighty six days. That's like essentially that's almost five six months a half a year, So half a year, let's say if they start now, that's the editing.
Speaker 3: Yeah a year, bro, a year to two years, damn we get wrecked.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's going to be around two years. That's the standard for all of the TV shows, which I've never understood why it takes that long. They need to shorten that time up. I remember back in the day when it was every year. Every year was the next season of a show. But it's not like that anymore.
Speaker 3: So I guess we'll see you guys in another year now.
Speaker 1: Probably two years. Good, two years, two years and we'll be talking about season three or sevens.
Speaker 2: Yeah, bro, I mean again, dude, you want to add anything else, I think that just watch the show people. It's interesting, but watch it, like, give your attention to it, because if not, you're gonna struggle. Because I struggled with some other things. I'm like, what the hell is that? I had to replay some parts over because I either wasn't paying attention when was playing or whatever to really capture it. And I missed a ton of stuff. And there's a ton of stuff in season one I missed because again I know it is going to play a role later on. So pay attention.
Speaker 3: It's important.
Speaker 1: Pay attention. You can binge all of the first season and the second season together. You don't have to wait, but then you got to, unfortunately wait for the third season, like we're gonna have to wait. But yeah, just if you get a chance, throw it on. Pay attention. Watch every episode and see what you guys think. And if you've already watched, to leave a comment down below and let us know what you thought of the series.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it was fun.
Speaker 1: One. Where can people find you?
Speaker 2: Brother www dot t j o JP dot com, YouTube dot com, slash at t j o JP, Patreon dot com, slash the one on one podcast, all that good stuff. But yeah, my website find all my stuff on there.
Speaker 1: Cool, thank you, And if you're listening to this on one show, you can find me at Raised by Giants on YouTube and an all podcast platforms. All right, guys, the next show with One will be next month for the MAGA Conspiracy Hour Schizospiracy number three, so be looking forward to that one. All right, see you guys next time.
Speaker 2: Bye bye,