Speaker 1: So if you could just explain why you think you should work here at wank Spangle Industries, that would be That would be great.
Speaker 2: I've seen the work that you've put out, and I think I'd be a great asset to the tea.
Speaker 1: Do you think that you can help bring some of the core deliverables out into the light rather than sort of floating around them and pulling from the back.
Speaker 2: I think generally in my life and career, I usually find that doubling down and hitting the KPIs is a solid effort. Going into Q two, I think it's important that we all not just pick off the low hanging fruit, but really drive home, hit those KPIs, hit our goals, and be strategic with our thinking.
Speaker 1: So I'd like to circle back to something you mentioned there which you mentioned Q two. So are you referring to the calendar year Q two or referring to the financial year Q two? Because which one of those are referring to helps us define what your priorities are in any decision making dynamic.
Speaker 2: I'm a numbers man. We're driven by the financials, We're guided by the data, but we don't always fill it. But yeah, numbers man, the numbers speak, sales. First sales is the fire of any real business. I just want to hit the ground running and get this thing done.
Speaker 1: And if you're listening and you're wondering, what one of those laptop jobs where you work in finance, marketing, sales and you have to spend a lot of time making graphs from spreadsheets, that's what it's like. Apparently, I think there's a lot of people out there just doing that full time.
Speaker 2: Maybe we should just put a pin in this and you amy you the scrum master for this. You know that's a job. That's a job you basically just sitting in meetings that could have been emails and write words up.
Speaker 1: I do know somebody who's got their LinkedIn title is fuckwit Wrangler. Yeah, they're work in quite a senior industry as well. They've got security clearance.
Speaker 2: Interesting.
Speaker 1: So how are you, little callum? You're back from your advent, I say, little callum, I think you're thirty eight now, aren't you.
Speaker 2: I don't know. I'm exhausted generally. I think i'm mental age. I'm about seventy four. Yeah, on a good day.
Speaker 1: What's the red wine to caffeine ratio in your body? Right now.
Speaker 2: But you don't like that Wolf of Wall Street thing where he says, like all these different drugs, the you know, uppers and downers.
Speaker 1: I love.
Speaker 2: I'm slowly I'm working my way to the downers because we're it's half seven at night and we're you know, we're recording a podcast on a Tuesday. It's been a long day. It's always a long day.
Speaker 1: I think you make them long days. I think you sort of lengthen out the days. You get at least twenty eight hours work and activity out of any day.
Speaker 2: So I got up this morning for regular morning, kids to school, all that sort of stuff.
Speaker 1: Your kids to the right school. You didn't just take some kids to way school. Oh it's a good point. I didn't check. You just snatched some kids off the high street and drop them off outside. Eaton.
Speaker 2: No, I got my kids ready for the school that they attend, which was good. Did all that electrician came to the house. We ordered two new lampshades that match. So it's been an absolute getting. So it comes for insurance and we've got two lights over the kitchen island and they were like, well, why are we replacing two? It's because you can't have one blue one and one orange one. Can you when there's two lights over that? I didn't swear, but that was basically the conversation was like, because they.
Speaker 1: Are repair, sure, God, look at it, man.
Speaker 2: One of them is broke. Why am I justifying this to you? One of them is broke, the other one is not broken. But you can't just replace one when they are repair. That's like saying you've stained one of your trouser legs, replace one of them and we'll cut it in half and sew it together. It doesn't work, you idiot. So we did that. So anyway, I was busy fixing a toilet. Jesus, I just realized how terrible it sounds. I was fixing a toilet. I was playing amateur plumber. The man asked me how long I'd been a plumber. I told him seven minutes. And shortly after, while I was down unconnecting a flexi hose from the toilet, he was busy smashing his head into the new light lamp shade, which then shattered all over the kitchen floor. So he had to go to next to get a new light fitting, which they didn't do, and the other light fitting that he was due to fit. Didn't work, so he returned the whole lot. And that's pretty much been the theme of the day.
Speaker 1: This kitchen restoration of yours, which was all an insurance job. Was that a leaky pipe?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Somewhere on plumbing that I didn't do, which is I'm so grateful that it's plumbing I didn't do.
Speaker 1: I don't think you're ever allowed to say anything to me ever again about the fact that I do all my own work on the house and the cars and everything. Because he's coming along to my point of view on this that all trades are now mostly unreliable.
Speaker 2: I reckon what is that law? Is it Parkinson's law, the sort of eighty twenty rule.
Speaker 1: I'm a bit shaky on that one.
Speaker 2: I think, wow, that was that was a good joke. It's a good joke. I think twenty percent of trades people that I've ever hired have been good, and the rest have the rest. I think this is your one job, and I could do it better than you. That's not to say that I'm great at it. That's to say that they're terrible at it. I've had I've had plumbers do terrible things. I've had electricians I've had I've had black smoke up walls, and you think, oh my god, this is your job, this is what you're meant to be good at. Like, yeah, yeah, it is a wonder how people get on in life.
Speaker 1: There is this parito prido prido principle, which is the eighty twenty rules sort of of everything is caused by twenty percent.
Speaker 2: Parato's law, isn't it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, not my law or not the Piedo law, not the parido law, or it's the parido parito parrito. This is riveting content anyway, Burrito's law, Burrito's law, thank you, Yes we have. I think you get that with trades to a degree as well, where sort of twenty percent of people who are good get most of the work and the other eighty percent of the people you use once or they only get contract jobs for insurance companies or howarding authorities or things like that, where the work just has to be done, it doesn't have to be done. Well.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, I think I think I'm in I'm in that category. So I've just hired I've just hired a carpenter to come and fix the skirting that you could probably call a cab from one side of the skirting to the other, the gap is just enormous.
Speaker 1: Was that the one, the one they tried to tell you only came in length of one meter or something like that.
Speaker 2: I think he said that it did come in three minutes, but they couldn't get it in the van, so they picked And then they tried to tell me that you have to get skirting that's made to measure, and then we rung the kitchen company and the kitchen company said that doesn't exist. So and then the building company told me that this person was sent out to put it right and that's the sort of thing they do every day. Apart from he admitted that he'd never done it before in his life. And he'd also still had the blade on that was blunt from the last time he cut the lengths, so that was interesting.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and keen listeners may have noticed that there's only two of us on this podcast. You haven't got the sort of I don't really know how to describe his voice. Read ready revert. Yeah, we haven't got Richard Nigas here because it is the week of the by election, so he is somewhere in the whatever. The rural version of the reform Bonker is briefing some potentially going to be counselors, and I know we normally do this sort of Oh he's off, you know, judging rear of the year or something. I think he actually is out briefing reform people tonight. So in my head I'm picturing it like that scene from Downfall that gets turned into a meme where it's sort of Hitler and the generals shouting in put whatever sub title is over it. If anybody in the in the audience wants to make that meme for me, please do and we will share it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that'd be good. What's what will be the peak point that Hitler objects in the meme how much environmental policy is going to cost them? Where he froze his glasses down.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the Greens are taking over Cambridgeshire and that's sort of it comes into the border of Suffolk and Norfolk, just on the edge. Ah.
Speaker 2: But anyway, I will say, what did I put? Education is key. I might not be a man that is pro reform, but anyone that's willing to educate themselves and listen to someone as knowledgeable as Richard digis about the environment, farming and all the things He does know quite a lot about fair play. If you can get to the you can get to a point where you're properly informed by practitioners and people that are actually in the countryside doing the things, then and fair enough, I'd vote negus.
Speaker 1: And on the off chance that we do actually have some counselors listening, I know we do have some politicians who listen. But you've got you know, you're going to be a new counselor or into a new seat, you know, come after Thursday, which it sounds like quite a lot of people are going to be in that position of local power for the first time, whichever party you're in, if you're there for the first time, or even if you're being re elected on your first day, Assume you know nothing. Assume all of your core beliefs about how the world works and how people will do things if you give them this chance or take this away from them, assume that's all wrong, and go and try and find out as much information as you can to find out what's actually happening on the ground for the people who live in your area. Please God, go and do that.
Speaker 2: Great.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's a that's a pilarate political broadcast. On behalf of the Please God, let it stop, parties, Just do something.
Speaker 2: Fix a bloody road.
Speaker 1: I just care about the roads at the moment. I don't go anywhere. I mean if with my leg well, I get chauffeur to places, I get driven around two places.
Speaker 2: I think you need one of them, like scooters, them little rude boy scooters, little bike snatches spike.
Speaker 1: It has been suggested to me that I am eligible for a blue badge, but I haven't done it yet yet. I think that'd be a step too far.
Speaker 2: My missus Nan has a blue badge, and she thinks that it sort of gives her the right to park basically anywhere. Not it's not restricted the disabled places. She will think, no, just park out the front. I'm not sure. I'm not sure that's how I got a blue badge. She just thinks that it's like it's like like when cops commander a vehicle in a in a police thing. She just thinks she can just do anything, just like there's no rules because she's got the blue badge. Power mad.
Speaker 1: In a brief moment of sensibility within this pretty odd podcast episode, already something that has happened over what getting on for six weeks by the time you've heard this, since I couldn't get out of the way of a tree quickly enough, I was already pretty sympathetic to those with different physical needs and different ability to move around the country and interacting with everything from pensions and DWP and just going through the NHS system and stuff like that. It is crap everything everything. There is so much friction put there, even in the places that are meant to be for people who should be getting help from the states, from the government, from these things that we pay our taxes to do. And I'm sure there are lots of people listening who either in that position, or have been in that position, or have family members in that position, who know about the friction that I'm talking about. And just like I think everyone should spend at least six months in their in their sort of late teens early twenties, working in a service industry where you have to be on minimum wage, dealing with requests from the public, I think everyone should spend at least two months being physically differently abled, because it's a really interesting experience, and it will if you weren't sympathetic before, bloody hell, you will be afterwards.
Speaker 2: So how are you going to enforce that sort of with a mallet and a sledgehammer. Yeah, like misery, start with all the people that owe you money first and then can.
Speaker 1: Not take too long. He's another one this month. Yeah, it said it's not a good time for small rural businesses. It turns out I think April has been a bit hard for quite a few people.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I had a call today from somebody that essentially said the same, so that I've not had a you know, it's not been a busy start to the year, and I'm like, mate, we're in May. This is it's near the years like most of the way in. Yeah, I have to say I have had a I have had a busy one.
Speaker 1: Yes, you've been. You've been out doing things in the public with people, haven't you.
Speaker 2: I've done I've done so many things in the last like six weeks since we did a when we went to Avonmouth and had a wild adventure. Yes, we did doing drone stuff. Well you did the drone stuff. Basically, you did all the work. I just took a few pretty pictures and then and then spent my life editing, which is horrible. But the editing side of things that takes so long to get all of that done, probably done like four days on our thing. And then I've done things with like uh, investor relations and making videos for people raising money and stuff like that. And at one point the the after effects templates that you provided me with so lovingly had to be changed, and I had to work out what an expression meant in Russian, so I had to go into the little code template. Thank god for AI. Because I went into the code template using an alphabet that I'm not familiar with.
Speaker 1: It goes the other way as well, and try.
Speaker 2: And work out how to change these templates because I did not have any time or the ability to do it. So yeah, I've taken some jobs that are slightly out of the comfort zone made the magic happen.
Speaker 1: But I think, yeah, that's something for particularly your world that doesn't get necessarily picked up on because you get asked to do random media jobs, random marketing jobs. So it's not just turning up with a camera and pointing at and making the things look pretty. It's where it goes, how it gets shown to the public, and even down to creating taking video files and turning it into a really sexy little adverse or an edit or something. There are so many layers all the way down.
Speaker 2: I think the key is where it goes, so that they come up with an idea and then they take it to places that, like you just don't know how to do. It goes so far beyond what you're you Suddenly you're like, ah, okay, you actually you need a folly artist, someone that makes sound effects specifically for this thing. Or ah, what you're looking for is you know, an animator or a graphic designer or or something, and you can fudge your way through most things if you have some level of competence. But yeah, it gets it's a bit crazy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and small business owners as well. This is turning into an episode of the Mullet. But small business owners often have because you're their media guy, you get asked to do everything. So it's a bit like being the sort of older teenage grandson of tech illiterate people who grew up during the war and you have to program the video for them. This the text, Yeah tech got.
Speaker 2: A camera, you can fix my printer.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the problem is you know how to fix a printer though, don't you know?
Speaker 2: That's really annoying that you do.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So we've got two things we said we were going to talk about in this episode. We were going to talk about first, your trip over to the very middle of England and I think it actually is the very middle of England to do the National Gamekeeper's Organization and your general meeting and their awards ceremony evening which was at lunchtime.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and we had a jolly old adventure. It was actually tell us what we're going to talk about. Second, because it all becomes relevant.
Speaker 1: So the second is you were attended, like I think about three quarters of the field sports world have now the y Morelands Matter event up in Cutherston Moore with Conservation Communication Emily Graham's organization.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so this is two things that you have great experience doing that I have experienced for the first time because you went last year. You did an excellent episode. I intentionally didn't listen back to the episode just because I wanted to try and keep it real fresh. And yeah, I think it would be quite interesting to compare our experiences against each other.
Speaker 1: So let's go for the gamekeepers one first. So I've done the photos there for about four years now with Amy and that sort of evolved because the venue is not an easy one for photography, is it. No, No, it's explain the issue.
Speaker 2: Well. The best thing is I got your pasion. I could see exactly what the what the horrible things were and how I might overcome them. Because if I had just been dropped in that, I would have been like, oh my god, what's the issue. All the curtains everything's black, So the curtains to black. The walls are black. Everything's black. There's lights from above, and all the lights from above are they're all scattered around, and they're all everyone's evenly lit. Not well, but they're evenly lit. So there's no dynamic in any way, shape or form. It's all very flat.
Speaker 1: It'd be sort of perfect lighting for a cutting plant handling meat where you wanted to make sure that you could see the cut of the meat accurately, and you didn't have any shadows. Not for creative photography.
Speaker 2: No, No, for making creative stuff, for making people look interesting, it was not there. Also, everybody's wearing green and tweed. So if you don't know who Jeff Garrett is, he's a man with a sort of a big.
Speaker 1: Rushy mustache, weapons grade mustache.
Speaker 2: It's a fantastic mustache and it's sort of.
Speaker 1: Like, oh, was firstborn has arrived in shots? Hello, Hi, hello small child? How are you? Have you been to school today?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Did he take you to the correct school? Or did he take you to the wrong school?
Speaker 2: Correct? Go every day to correct every days. We're just talking about how to solve the crisis in the Middle East. What's your thoughts?
Speaker 1: I know, Welcome back to Britain's premiere rural podcast. So Jeff Garrett and his weapons grave mustache?
Speaker 2: Was there?
Speaker 1: Was he on stage speaking?
Speaker 2: He was not, but I was. I thought I saw him about eight times and it just happened to be another gamekeeper. It just looks like Jeff Garrett, I know the one you mean as well? Yeah, that one, and then the other one, and then there's that other one, and then and then there's the other one that looks just to say.
Speaker 1: So, I think there's only about twelve different molds and pattern types for gamekeepers.
Speaker 2: If you play the game of Guess who and they were all gamekeepers, you'd only have like, yeah, five baby, you'd say, is he got a a stash? And then you'd be like yeah, and then you wouldn't put anything down, you wouldn't hear any.
Speaker 1: Does he have the features of a Mustarlid has a really keen eye, and it looks like he's a bit vicious.
Speaker 2: Does he look like he likes badgers? No?
Speaker 1: Click click.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: But did you enjoy being there? Because you were there with basically the some of the finest gamekeepers in the land and all of the people who are charged with making sure that they still have a career, did you find it interesting?
Speaker 2: Not only were they, the people there absolutely great and the food they managed to put on an entire menu of game, everything from Partridge pheasants in what was it, Mordor Conference Center, So like this is like outdoor, this is catering in a regular a regular place, and they managed to put an entire menu of game on for everyone as their lunch phenomenal. The food was excellent because obviously they've got probably the best recipes out there. The food was excellent, and I've just when they said lunch is going to be served, I was fully expecting the standard fare that you would get at any conference center and it was all game. So a fair play to them for being able to pull that off. That was a stroke of genius. But right, that was a diversion the people that the people are the gamekeepers, but we all know that they're all boots on the ground conservationists and they I don't think no one stays in it for the money. No one stays in it for much other than they are just keepers of the land. They are the people that try and make sure that the habitat is good for nature, and that's what they love doing as much as as much as the shooting, or if not more so being without. Those people really interesting and the talks that were given were also quite interesting. You had a GWC guy, a GWCT guy. What was his name, doctor.
Speaker 1: Denny.
Speaker 2: I should Simon Denny. Simon Denny, that's the one as in the Denny Report. What's the Denny Report.
Speaker 1: Denny Report was a fantastic report into the basically morelands and keeper morelands and all sorts of factors from the conservation outcomes through to the economy through to wildfire management. And it's a it's a very carefully put together piece that shows the value of gamekeepers in managed upland environments.
Speaker 2: Mm hmm, I think we should we should get him on. There was some seriously interesting factoids and one of them. I don't even know if this is true, all right, if I heard it right.
Speaker 1: So let's frame frame it. Not that Simon Denny stood up there and lied, but whether you were paying attention.
Speaker 2: I mean, both of those are possibly true. And I'm not sure you can possibly do me for libel for saying.
Speaker 1: That that's that guest opportunity gone. Okay, carry on.
Speaker 2: I'm pretty sure I heard that R. A. F. Hontington in Suffolk had like a massive amount of nesting curlws in and it's unmanaged land, like they don't do anything on it. Oh, it might not be true, but I thought it was Waddington. I thought it was Hontington. So another another interesting thing was the Country Food Trust. Do you know about the Country Food Trust?
Speaker 1: I do know about the Country Food Trust, but tell the listeners about the Country Food Trust.
Speaker 2: The Country Food Trust is some some this might not be trust. Vibe Cody, this is like Vibe podcasting. We're just we're just trying to.
Speaker 1: Get through your head and you're not sure if it's a memory or if it's an imagination. Though, aren't you pretty much talk about the True Food Trust?
Speaker 2: So the Country Food Trust is paying people like twenty quid for a munth jack, so the price is extremely good. They've got people that believe in They've managed to rally together people that believe in the Country Food Trust and specifically what's her name, SJ. SJ. Hunt. Yeah, I'm going to say that that might not be true, but I think it's No, it's s J. Hunt. So people believe in her. And the idea is she gets deer stalkers to go out take as many as they can and then makes them into meals to feed people that are just in need of a good protein rich meal and it's delicious. So at some point she's even making them as like ready meals that you can just add water too and stuff like that, and they're being shipped out to frontline, but they're also being made for people, you know, instead of if you go to a food bank, it's most of the food that gets left at food bank it's just processed rubbish. So actually having lean, good protein for people that need that are in food poverty is a really important thing. And if you can take a deer that is something that was going to be a net positive for the environment and then turn it into protein that people need it's solving such a good problem. It sounds like it's the sort of philanthropy that more people should be doing.
Speaker 1: They are a fantastic organization. So they've been on my hit list for as guests for quite a while. But often they are quite busy because they're doing a hell of a lot all the way through the year. But they're a they're not a shooting organization. They're not a shooting business. They are a food poverty charity. And they, as you say, they take game, whether it's the feathered or the third variety, but it's the it's either the byproduct of land management or the by product of commercial shoots or even non commercial shoots. But it's a way just like you know, our friend Hugo Campbell Hill does with his business, or Leon Challis Davis, who is our first guest, was talking about well over a year ago, getting it into the food chain. But the way that the Country Food Trust to it is they take it via food banks. And one of the you mentioned that the meal pouch things they do fun. Yes, they are like ready meal packs.
Speaker 2: They do venison bolinnaise that's in like a full foil pack and apparently they get reheated by people on the front line of Ukraine and stuff like that. It's fantastic.
Speaker 1: I think a lot of the stuff, the way they prepare it means that it has a year shelf life, which is another problem for food banks. It's can you you can get food in, but can you get it to people while it's still saleable and they're healthy.
Speaker 2: Well, they said the refrigeration for food banks was a massive problem.
Speaker 1: So yeah, yeah, so these are shelf stable, aren't they. They're just they don't need Yeah, they don't need refrigeration, so you haven't got that cost.
Speaker 2: And obviously that's that's the venison and like you said, the feathered as well. So they're working with they're coming out with all sorts of ideas. They're innovating, truly innovating in the space, and they're trying to do things where they're putting like carts in refrigerated carts so people can drop off peasants and partridges and things like that. I think there's a slight cost to the to the shoot, but that is what they're doing. Like, if people haven't gotten outlet for their game, I mean, what better way than to give it to charities and people in need, and there was actually statistics about how people were actually protein deficient in There was certain people that were protein deficient in the UK, and we should not be having that, should we.
Speaker 1: There's the cheapest calories to access sometimes the ones that are worse for you, and getting getting protein, getting good lean protein is very expensive if you have to buy it over the counter, but there are I meanwhile, there are there is food going to waste in other blazers. So bringing anything that brings the two together, it's fantastic. And they also do the big Homeless Center packs. I think they do like a two ki low foil wrapped things so you can then do bulk meals for people as well, so I know they work with a lot of homeless charities.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think it's it's an incredible, incredible thing.
Speaker 1: Yep, So future guests there for the Country Food Trust. Anything else that stood out from the gamekeepers apart from the mustaches and maybe something about curing, it's.
Speaker 2: Just how rowdy they were after that. They're all drinking Jaeger barbs and skittle bombs and yeah, it just that did not happen. They all just went home in the in their four y fours in their pickup trucks and had a really good time.
Speaker 1: Is it the most tweed you've ever seen at an awards ceremony?
Speaker 2: I was quite a lot of tweed. I was hoping there wouldn't be lit candors, just in case, because it could have all gone up, and what with everything being curtains and tweed, could have been a real fire hazard.
Speaker 1: I think tweeds fireproof.
Speaker 2: And do you know how I got paid? It just gave me a handful of fifties and shook my hand all of them. It's great.
Speaker 1: Did just stand so awkwardly at one side with a beaming grin on your face? They are lined up? Yeah.
Speaker 2: I took a brace hope.
Speaker 1: To get paid for the first year, the first year when I did it, because they weren't sort of sure how much you were paying me. I won't mention who he is, but he's still in that position. He went, hang on, I've got some stuff in my pocket. Here. He just gave me whatever was in my pocket and the better jackets, and that was it. So it was. It wasn't too far off. Brace. Some link nearly gave me his train tickets. Oh I need that to get back home. So the very day after you went all the way north. It's not the long the furthest North you've been in a long time in Scotland, don't you.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I mean I went cold Stream last year, but I haven't and then I went York at Christmas. But yeah, I think that's probably the furthest North in a in a long while, the.
Speaker 1: Further north than York for a Newcastle Newcastle latitude, don't you.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's quite a bit. Yeah, yeah, not quite, not quite Scotland.
Speaker 1: But it's so want to get So this is the why Morlands Matter events. So last year we went amy and I went to one. There was the first one we invited to, and then I was asked back to go to a super special one which was down at Archegarftel, which was the one that DEFRA were going to be at, which I sort of alluded to last year, but it's been so long now I can talk about it and sort of that was the end of my involvement with them, but I know they were trying to formalize the organization, so it was it conservation Communication.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so that's the that's their brand, I suppose.
Speaker 1: Well, I think that there there are social enterprises. Now there are a community interest company. So it's I think it's Emily Graham in charge of it now, right, yeah.
Speaker 2: So, but Emily Graham was was heading up a lot of it, and so was Tarquin Millington Drake are.
Speaker 1: The human what three words? Yes?
Speaker 2: Yeah? You actually it's actually a porterloo just outside of Scumthorpe. If you put that into if you put that into what h No, I did it. It was so hard for me to get there. I actually had to ask for what three words? And the the the drive in, I don't think I've ever seen quite so much wildlife on a road in my life. I had to stop at once with a live It was just roadkill, that's the funny thing. So I drove in and there's a black grouse in the road straight away and they're not very common, so I scared one of those up, which I was like, cool, chick that off the list. I could probably turn around and go up.
Speaker 1: Now you jumping out of jumping out of the hour really got kicking a black grouse out of the road and getting back in.
Speaker 2: Well, No, what I did do is I got a bit further on and I was late, obviously because that's what I do. Yeah, I'm it's on Brown. I left. I left with like an hour extra and I got to where was we I was on the phone to you, weren't I, and you said, every single road is is currently Yeah.
Speaker 1: I was like an overwatch look on Google Maps, at your traffic, at your traffic ahead of you going, you may as well just sort of pull over and give up. Now.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think I went to Greg's and got a flat white. Yeah, it was about an hour. It was about an hour extra on top so everyone by the time I got there, everyone was already digging into lunch and I was sort of like, oh, embarrassingly, but yeah, soz so I put up. And then there's just two mallards and they just abandoned their last chick in the middle of the road, so I had to I had to stop. I thought they're just awful parents. I had to stop and then pick this little chick up because I thought it's going to get nabbed. In like two seconds. I had to pick it up and then put it on the right side of the wall for the where the mallards were, and it was no way it could get out. I don't know how it was stuck on the road as well. I'm not sure what they what they've done to it, but yeah, so I had to save a mallard. And then eventually I got to the thing and I'd seen I'd seen a countless curlyw I'd seen a black grouse, I see ducks, lap wings, everything, And that was in the middle of the day, so not a known time for wildlife and birds. And then yeah, what a place. What an incredible place?
Speaker 1: Because it's to describe the scene, because I think when I went last year, we sort of weren't meant to talk about where it was, but it's now Viscount Ridley has won an award for Cotherston More. I think you could probably started talking about which one it is. But you're driving along sort of a dead end road which has got a couple of farms off to one side, but sort of on this crest of a hill above a reservoir with just views out across all this moorland, aren't you, And then you end up at this very nice grouse lodge part way along the shore of the reservoir. Yeah, you get sort of ushered in for it was quite a nice meal, isn't it. You sort of start off with some with some fantastic dining.
Speaker 2: I had a very generous red wine lasagna and there was plenty of red wine in it. It was so good, so good. I was like, I was easy to get just thinking the richness of this is unreal. That is, like, there's enough to get about ten people drunk in there and it was brilliant. Yeah, great food. And then I didn't really know what to expect, but you get you get hit with a massive question and an introduction, so it's not like an icebreaker, it's like, introduce yourself and also, please tell us how you solve the crisis in the Middle East. Go. So the question that was asked as a kind of it was about five questions in one. It's basically, how do you get the message of shooting, conservation, habitat loss and everything in between? And how do you get the people on one side and the other to engage with each other for the benefit of nature and wildlife? And I think the left filled point is also and for shooting. It's not the primary focus, but it's quite clear it is is pro shooting while also being definitely pro nature. So it's yeah, it's clear that they want the grosse shooting to continue, but it's also about how to show the positive work that the gamekeepers, the people that manage the land, and how that all works together, so it's not just an us and them. The objective is to make sure it's not us and them.
Speaker 1: So it's because I think part of the point of the whole thing is that you're looking at a landscape that exists because of the management of it. So there are two full time keepers, three full time keepers on the moorland, plus all the associated things with that. You know, they need someone to live, so they've got houses that they get, vehicles, all the costs of doing that, so there are there's quite a significant cost to managing that much land, and particularly upland, which means you can only sort of drive to the edge of it and you have to walk into anywhere. That whole thing makes a loss. It makes a financial loss every year, even with running a commercial grouse shoot. So the grouse shooting is the funding model for the work that carries on all the way through year. And because of red grouse are a wild species, they're not like most commercial shoots are in the lowlands, so you're not released, you're not releasing reared birds like pheasant and partridge and things like that. You're the red grouse are living there. They are living there all year round, and what you have to do in order to have a shoot there is create or maintain the right conditions for them. So low numbers of predators, including foxes, mustarlids, things like that, good habitat for them, good food sources, good water sources, and space because they need a lot of space. So you're sort of farming grouse but without putting any extra grouse on the ground. But the second order effect of doing that is you've got all these other species that also need those conditions to survive, like lap wing, curly red shanks, stuff like that. So all these other things that would very much like to live in a place that doesn't have many predators, has lots of food, has lots of space, has lots of doesn't have much disturbance. They go in there and go, oh, this is cracking. We'll stay here. Yeah. So you've got all these things happening in the same place, but you've got the conservation bit, and then it's funded by grouse shooting, and that's the I don't think they're very good at taking that clear necessarily in the event that's my Maybe they've changed it this.
Speaker 2: Year, Uh was was it clear? I think so. At one point we went to a to the lunch hut and we met the keeper and the keepers saying about about trapping stokes and that how they they get quite a few every year and that tends to be a big thing that enables a lot of the birds to keep nesting. And he was quite he was quite clear of what they what they do in order to to maintain this habitat and to increase it for biodiversity. And I think everyone kept chiming in because we had people from all sides of the spectrum at the at the event.
Speaker 1: That's the shoot, that's the sort of the political spectrum, not the not our spectrum.
Speaker 2: I think most of us are now, all the photographers, if they've got a pair of bins and they go, oh, curly, you fascinating, you could probably you know, I hazard a guess I'd flip a coin at it. What spectrum they're on? And I'm with you, all right there with you me. What was it the meme I sent you the other day? It's it's always are you.
Speaker 1: Very careful now? Describing which one.
Speaker 2: It's always are you autistic? And not? Thank you for pointing out that that was a buzzard from three hundred yards away? Why is it that? Is it anyway?
Speaker 1: All sorts of people from across the spectrum.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so so I think it was. It was clear that it was funded by shooting, and shooting is the thing that makes that happen. But actually, Matt, Matt Ridley, the chat that runs the gap, he he's probably never been cause no one's ever said that about him ever, But yeah, Matt Ridley, he actually pays for his own shooting. So it's quite it's quite clear that Matt sits in a point where he does like the shooting. I think he might like bird watching more, and he might like the whole keepering and bird watching more than he does the shooting itself. So yeah, if he can find a vehicle that can fund such a project, he's there to do it. And I would say to anyone that's sort of anti shooting, you need to go to a place like that and experience it and and just see how much these people genuinely care. And it's a shame that it gets bundled in with other kinds of shooting that people that don't care, And it almost doesn't matter that you get people that might go grouse shooting that don't care about the conservation. I'm not justifying the actions, but it also doesn't matter that there's people there. The reality is they're paying the money and the results and the outcomes are a positive impact on the environment and the habitat, biodiversity, the whole shebang. So yeah, it is interesting. I'm tempted to invite some of my more anti friends or people that work for RSPB or something like that and see if I can get them to come to something like that, because think it would be a real eye opener for them and they could ask the difficult questions and they get an honest answer. That's the important thing about these events.
Speaker 1: I think this is something that shooting but also land management, so I'm including forestry in that farming. There are lots of very good communicators in there, and lots of people doing a great job, and we've had them on the show, but overall those people aren't particularly good at showing the good that comes from what they do or you know. Instead, the focus comes on to arguing with people who tell them they're doing wrong, whereas almost if you ignore those people and only talk about the good of what you do and say that, Okay, this is how this system works. This thing happens because of this, and this is a good thing because of this, this and this, But it always gets overlaid with yeah, but look what the RSPB are doing over there. They've got you know, they're terrible. If you just say no, we've got the best outcome, we are the best, we do this, we do that, and don't knock anyone else down, you might have a better result with the public. And I think that's sort of where the events like the Why Mornan's better events they give they have the opportunity to do that at least even if it's like a small scale, because what they were like ten people there on the event eight people.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'd say it was about ten. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So you've got ten people out there to go and see all of those things and see for themselves and see the proof on the ground, which is what those events are great for at scale. Do you think it translates over do you think like, are you're going to go and tell well, you're telling about five thousand people about it now, but I think our five thousand people are already sold.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that is the risk. Hopefully there's people out there that sit on the fence and they don't know this stuff. But yeah, I just I think we just need to make it clear that these people don't get paid by something you may or may not agree with, that they are making positive outcomes and have good a good impact on on what they do. Although there was an interesting debate and I don't know how how deep we get into this, and I know absolutely nothing about it, but the subject of heather burning just kept coming up and up and on. Chap kept citing that he'd heard it both ways, that it was good in some ways, that it was bad and it's not. Really I don't think anybody has the answer whether it's good or bad, but yeah, wow, it depends. It depends. So some people say it's bad for biodiversity because you're effectively burning down pieces of heather, which is the what is heather? Heather is just a plant shrub everywhere on moorland, almost a lot of places that offers basically offers insects and stuff, but it doesn't really offer a great deal of habitat for ground nesting birds and other such things.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's a woody shrub that grows about knee high and a little bit higher if you let it. But it can be managed annually or managed back down to zero almost, and then you get new shoots coming up, and the new shoots are very springy and green.
Speaker 2: And.
Speaker 1: It can provide cover and habitat when it's at the woody stage, but it also becomes a huge fire risk. And then when it's at the young springy stage, you've got the very young stuff coming out. Those shoots are what the grouse eats, but also other ground nesting birds and some ground nesting birds prefer the open space that's left behind after what would have been a wildfire came through. And then in more recent times is sort of the man made management. But it's a big it's cutting.
Speaker 2: It's cutting it, and there's very strict rules of how you cut it and burning it is that.
Speaker 1: Right, Well, you burn it in place, so you can mow it is one of the options. So that's how a lot of morlands have gone over to managing. They mow strips, so you mow through the woody stems and you've got strips left of not quite bare soil, but it goes back down to a very low level and then you get the young shoots coming up the range of hills that's I can see from the house here. They get covered in stripes. It looks like one of those sort of modern young person's haircuts where they have random stripes just cut in all over their hair. You get all these random stripes all over Morland, which are there as a way of getting rid of the woody stems and getting younger shoots coming up. This is a very poor explanation, but you'll do burning was the older way of doing it. If you do it in the right way, you get a cool burn versus a hot burn. And this is something I have seen, don't know, it's something that does need looking at, because a cool burn is you just take the stuff off the top and everything at ground level is left untouched. And there's some great demonstration videos of this. And again this is one of those areas where if they did this on the BBC on a national flagship TV show, you get the point across. But because it's on some gamekeepers' Instagram account, no one sees it. Where they put a mars bar down on the ground and do a burn over the top and then pick up the mars bar and the marsbar still hard. Or another one where somebody put their phone down and just with the camera on filming and the burn went over the top and it just takes the very light woody stems off the top and leaves behind the wet stuff that's lower down, So you only burn a small amount at time, and you get this young regeneration coming up. It's very much like what I do in a woodland with copper sinc. So where we cut down hazels back down to the stump and let the young growth come back up. It's a rotational management. One of the things that was suggested and then pretty much adopted by the wildlife trusts and other organizations like the RSPB that took over the management of some older grouse malls and other moorlands was they went for the rewetting idea, which is where you stop water draining off the moorland, which good to a degree because a lot of effort was put in in the nineteenth and twentieth century to drain the moorlands and make them nice and dry, and just wet them instead, and then you get lots of shrubby growth on top, and then you a few bits for the young growth. The problem is that when you do get a fire eventually, as happened last week at time of recording on National Trust Ground in the Peak district near the Snake Pass, when it does burn, it's got a lot of fuel and it burns out huge areas and burns right down and you get a hot burn and it does burn down into the soil. I don't think how it started yet. It's possibly barbecue, possibly campfire, something like that.
Speaker 2: It could be anything, yeah, but it doesn't really matter. Like they can start with almost anything.
Speaker 1: Yeah. It could be a piece of glass that lenses through and you get from the sunlight and you get a hot spot. But it doesn't really matter. The point is that eventually you will always get a fire in these places. Yeah, if there's a lot of material there to burn, the fire will burn very very deep and burn right down into the seed bank. That's on the moorlands. And that happened on a on a mountain not far from here a few years ago at the Hale True Paths, where it's still barren five or six years later. In places because nothing is yeah, nothing's come up because it burnt right the way down to the seed bank and right the way down through the organic soil.
Speaker 2: How long could that take to feasibly come back.
Speaker 1: Well, it's what will come back, because what will come back might be all the seeds that are blown in from elsewhere. So it might not go it might become green again, and it is becoming green, but it might just become all the other moorland grasses instead of the heather moorland that was there before, or it might be lots of bracken. When you change a landscape, you might not be changing it. It might be changing it into something else. Yeah, And just I suppose better or worse as a human term, isn't it? You know, it's it's our judgment.
Speaker 2: But it's moreland, isn't it? Yeah? Isn't especially. So one of the interesting factoids that I got was obviously they used to burn back places, so the sheep had areas to graze. So apparently you can carbon date bits of burning in the soil back to six thousand years ago, So it's it's not a new thing to be burning burning this stuff back.
Speaker 1: No, And that's another thing that sort of became this presumption that everything, all areas of Upland were all heavily wooded and then we cut them down and then replaced the trees with sheep. But somebody was burning heather there six thousand years ago, so some bits of it must have been open.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, I think I did ask what the what the other side wants ultimately to happen to a zero burn. One interesting thing is that the heather sometimes does grow up to a point where it kind of falls over and then it creates car of area. But I think we can see that when when there's areas that are open that the ground nesting birds are are doing really well with it. So yeah, I don't know what the answer is, but it was an interesting debate, and I have so much to learn on the subject that I know nothing about it really.
Speaker 1: And then you had the big event early on the on the second day, you went to the leck.
Speaker 2: I went to the lek. That's what that's kind of, that's sort of what you're there for. That's what they that's what the cell is.
Speaker 1: That's where I told you to go.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because you get to see the leg What is a what is a lek? I I've described it as just a load of birds dancing. Yeah, so that the black grouse basically they're kind of having a scrap, but they're not really, they're basically just dancing. But then they do get a bit a bit verbal at times and they do start having a having a scrap and start scratching each other, and it is actually quite fierce. You can hear some some feather on feather action and it's audibly quite an assault really that they have on each other when they're when they're battling the mails. But just what I found fascinating it it's the whole, the whole. Firstly, the environment. Okay, the environment is like being on a different planet. Doesn't feel like you're on Earth. You're sort of looking over and it's just this sort of shrubby wasteland. Sounds horrible, but there's nothing really there. It is just like it's just a shrubby, hilly, endless environment. There's like no trees on the skyline. It's just shrubs for and it's sort of it's only broken up by the sunrise because there's nothing but the sunrise coming up. You come out before I was out of that. I think we left at four o'clock or half four in the morning, and the sun just graces the sky and all the shrubs suddenly get back lit and it's all golden and there's goldens and greens, and the sky is really clear, and you've just got these these birds in front of you that are just doing the strangest behavior you've ever seen. You sort of you have this thing in your head that the males are just fighting for just being like testosterone fueled males. It feels you default to a place like rutting stags, where it's like one against the other, just fighting each other. When you witness it, it's nothing like it. It's these males are doing this little dance and all they're trying to do is get the approval of the female. And it's not it's not man versus man, and then they get the female. It's it's almost as if who can dance the best, who looks the best, whose gene paul feels the strongest, and then the females have to select the male. It's not it's not who's the strongest, it's basically who impresses the female the best and who looks like they're the they're the alpha, who's the kingpin? It felt like a nightclub.
Speaker 1: If you're going, if you were going to liken this to an ethics nightclub, which one would it be.
Speaker 2: It would be Destiny Liquid, Yeah, it'd be liquid Harlowtown dance floor to two vks, two vks in one in each hand, dancing probably like acon, yeah, yeah, maybe a bit of Rhianna.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but it's it's not.
Speaker 2: It's just a it's just a bizarre thing. So that the Hens they there's just all these blokes knocking around in the middle, doing their little dance and occasionally aving a scrap, and then there's there's no there's not even a there's not even a hen bird around. They're just doing this. That's that's their thing. And then somehow, while they're puffed up, and also they exhale. When they exhale, even though it wasn't cold, you can see their breath. They're that they're that tense and they're that worked up about this that their body is literally boiling hot and exhaling warm air from themselves. So it's clearly like a very a very intense, quite stressful thing for them to do. It's not like it is fueled with like pure aggression, so they're doing this, and from like two hundred yards away, suddenly a bird will, a hen will just come over the horizon and you haven't seen it at all, and you're looking and these birds are like doing a little circle, all puffed out, and they've spotted this hen bird from two hundred meters away, and they just start doing this dance where they just like flick up and they jump up, and then all of a sudden, it just the body languages all change and they all just start flicking up and they all get excited and they jump in the air. And it's mad how they can see you through see a head bird come in from that far away. And then she just spends between that. You might have like five six, seven, eight hens all on in a little circle and they'll just spin around and they're just slowly waiting for the right black grouse that's done all the maneuvers perfectly. And then and then she's like, yeah, gone, you could have some. And I think there was something bizarre, like one of them will get like fifty percent, then like number two will get like thirty percent, and number three might get ten percent, number four might get ten percent, and then the rest will just get nothing, they'll never get a chance some of some of them die without ever getting a chance to mate. And usually it goes like first years you've got no child, second years, no chance, third year you might be in with a with an outside, and then like four years you get a chance. So it's like it really is a continuation of the gene pool where the female select the ones that do this this flamboyant dancing. It's fascinating to watch. It's unbelievable experience. I have to say, it's probably one of the most amazing things I've ever seen in my life.
Speaker 1: Good. It's one of those it's like it's not a it's not something I was to say, not even from this country, but even from it feels like you're watching something completely otherworldly whilst it whilst you've got the miss and the sunrise coming up, and there's fifteen humans all pointing at it, but no one's talking, no one's and everyone's just absorbed in this thing that's taking what two hours you sat there for?
Speaker 2: So you have the rule was you have to wait until the last female leaves so you don't disturb them from from copulating.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and this was something that used to take place used to be able to find this in every county in England and Wales.
Speaker 2: I know, unbelieve, wasn't it.
Speaker 1: And this, you know, all those little bits of heathlands that we've lost and all these open areas you would have got you would have had black grouse doing this, and it just people talk about, you know, we've we've lost h we've lost we have we have lost some things, and this is one of those things where the only places to find it now in abundance are on these keeperd grouse malls, which when you compare it to you again the hills here there are there would have been people out this spring looking at that. We have black grouse here, but not very many of them. And you had what how many black grouse cocks were you looking at?
Speaker 2: I think in to we had I think it was something between twenty something in front of me twenty five and then there was sort of ye, it was sixteen hens or something. We worked out that roughly what we had in front of us at that one point was about five percent of the population of the black grouse in the UK, right in front of us.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and up here if they found five, they'd be amazed. Yeah, but this is the area that gets huge amounts of fund.
Speaker 2: How much have they spent for five black grouse?
Speaker 1: And when you consider the places where they are trying to restore this species, but they're just getting nothing off the ground because the management isn't being done in the same way. Whereas if you took these places that looked like a grouse more and manage them like a grouse more. Yeah, even if you didn't do the grouse shooting bit and just found the found the money from elsewhere, eventually you should have the same outcome as you have on a grouse more. It's not that Matt Ridley and vikat Ridley. Yeah, he's not blessed by God to have a certain amount of black grouse on his moorland. It's because people under his under his employee have done the work and then now he has them there and all the other birds curly weighed waders, lapp wings Yeah what lappings are waders? But you know what I mean. So, I think the events, I'm trying to remember the figures Tarkun gave us for the podcast last year, but I think it's something like three thousand pounds per event or they are about I think it was like twelve pounds to run four events, so that's about three what's three thousand an event, which is an expensive do, particularly when you know they're not renting the lodge. I think they get the lodge for free. I think food is a big cost. And then I don't know what. There's sort of there some book materials you get tarquin and Emily's photo books after the Why Ball.
Speaker 2: And Matter's book. I haven't actually sort of looked for a couple of pictures, but I mean I had a chance to look. I actually got to go with Tarquin in in the car to do like a little phototour. It was so much fun. I've never seen a man have a So I think he's got cannon R one and a six hundred bill prime, which is very expensive. You can google the price of that if you like. That was it was an expensive It was an expensive bit of kit. And he's got it on a mount on the side of his car and he's driving down the track, not fast, but he's driving down not a road, a track with it mounted on a man Frotto head over the side of a car. And I took some video of it because I felt like putting an Instagram reel that said something like, you know, I want to trust like this man trusts this this mount because that was that was a thing to see. But yeah, we saw like shorted ours, We saw Stipe and we went and had a little adventure taking photos. It was really good.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and it's all those events there. I think they're currently privately funded as well. I think Takin through his I don't know, he's a fishing he's a shooting agent. I think is his day job. So he sort of sells shooting days and fishing days. So I think he got some contact through there to give him money for these events to you know, to sort of further the cause of conservation. And so I think, I know he's trying to raise money for more before Christmas, so hopefully were successful in that. I know there were some various opportunities there to get more money into it. So I don't know. I hopefully these events will continue and they'll carry on because I know a lot of work goes into it, and it's a hell of a lot of work. But I don't know if it also has to hit a wider audience, and maybe there's a there's the mass public version you can do as well.
Speaker 2: Oh the other thing as well that we haven't really touched on is Emie Graham was just explaining about how much the Grouse shooting means just to just to the local economy and the people that live there. There was a thing about cab drivers making a living out of just basically ferrying people to and from train stations and whatnot, and how they're basically employed mostly due to the tourism in the area. And then you had the obvious mental health benefits and the pubs and restaurants and stuff that benefit from people coming in spending some cash in what is quite it would be generally a rural poor community and if it wasn't for people going beating and shooting, and there wouldn't be much to do and there wouldn't be much money in the area. So it was the stories that were told were quite poignant and really hit home how having activities, shooting activities in an area like that means so much to those people in that area. But I will say that's also the excuse that so many people use to justify shooting, and a lot of times it just isn't true. Like a few guns that probably stop off at like Greg's along the services to grab a coffee and a sausage roll isn't the same as supporting a rural community in some way quite remote, so to paint, I really hate the argument that shooting supports communities and does so much positive good. And if you ban if you ban this, it's what was it? Three billion is the figure that's always thrown around shooting provides three billions to hospitality and like it does in some places, but that's not not allowed to use that if it doesn't, because they do who everyone does.
Speaker 1: It's with some irony. I think that was how Tarquin first heard about us because Emily one of our very very first episodes years ago, Emily sort of I think she even wrote in or left a comment saying that she took something with what I said about basically saying that saying, you know, telling her point of view of the value it has to weird al I think she is. And then the shooting there. But my point in return is basically the same thing as yours. It does in some places, not everywhere, and it's not also equally felt in those places. So if you are attached to shooting or attached to hospitality, that serves shooting, you do well from it, but if you just happen to live there and you're not in that economy, then it doesn't. And in fact, it might actually take something away from your community, because a lot of the economy is actually a geared towards the shoot because those places, those places rely on it. So a balance has to be struck and just blindly saying oh no, we support this many billions of things, you have to be a little bit more honest than that because everyone else can see through it. Yeah.
Speaker 2: I think in rara areas the social side of going beating and actually even for me, like taking my son out beating just a great thing. He absolutely loves a sense of community, meeting the same people the time. There's not many other than my family, and there's not many times that I can take him somewhere and he meets the same people over and over again and gets to know them. And and yeah, I think shooting is a net positive for everyone usually. Yeah, but you can't use it as a as a one size fits all. Oh yeah, we do loads for the local environment, but really it's just city city boys coming in and spending no money at all, having a jolly old day shooting, spend spending a fortune on their shooting, and then all of that money stays exactly in the hands of those set amount of people and then they go home.
Speaker 1: And that's the Yeah, that's pretty much my my stance on it as well. With maybe with a layer of those two things that you have to be better at her talking to the general public about the good things you do and not getting stuck in wars with people all the time. And maybe don't be complacent. Don't be complacent just because Baskus say, no, you know, it's worth this much to the economy, it's fantastic. It doesn't matter. It might get banned anyway, it might get taken away anyway if the public doesn't find a value in it. So you can't just say, oh no, we provide this much to the local area. Okay, what if the majority of people still don't like you. You have to win the wider pr war if you want people to find your thing valuable. Because I want to keep shooting and I want shooting to carry on in a good and ethical way. So well, I'm very very concerned that too much complacency will kill it.
Speaker 2: You know, Well, Chacolin's Basically, his original question was essentially like, how do we get people to open up conversations where we're talking about the positives and we're working towards a common goal. And actually the answer was holding events. Like why I'm all than matters. It's about it's doing this podcast. It's about engaging with people and telling the stories of how we find it and that is how people learn. It's about going to reform counselors and telling them how a hedge works. It's educating all of these.
Speaker 1: People in front of the hedge going see that that's something right.
Speaker 2: Next, this is a browse line, mister Nigas. The event. The event ended at eight o'clock. This is a brows line. The bloody mant jack, they're coming. Do you think a nightingale? Do you think a nightingale with nest in that? No, mister Nigas, make it stop. Yeah, I hope he's having a wonderful time.
Speaker 1: We'll see if he returns next week. Right, I think we should do the after show.
Speaker 2: Let's do it. Thank you and thank you Charquin and Emily for hosting me. It was a fun time. And thank you the n c O and all the people that look like Jeff Garrett Bye Bye,