Speaker 1: Oh it'll be business up. Ah, good morning, This is Ed McMahon. I know, ladies and gentlemen.
Speaker 2: Peeps a run run, Oh boy.
Speaker 1: Okay, wakey, wakeyr hands up Steak days Rod Ryan Show. Check it in. When I say we're busy today, I ain't joking. Welcome aboard to Free Beer Friday. All of our beer winners today are going to get a six pack of tickets to the Rod Ryan Show twentieth anniversary party that's been locked in. I'm gonna do that every Free Beer Friday up.
Speaker 3: Until the party.
Speaker 1: Okay. Then there's that little band Metallica. Tickets going on sale today. I've got four pair of tickets to give.
Speaker 3: Away to see Metallica.
Speaker 1: Fun fact flashback at around six forty seven twenty eight, twenty and on.
Speaker 4: No.
Speaker 1: The show has more like nine forty four pair of tickets before they go on sale today. Now, Lincoln Park tickets go on sale today. Where am I gonna put those? It looks like whoever wins the fresh out of Bed head to Head is winning Lincoln Park tickets before they go on sale for the show in Arlington? Where am I going to put the Academy Sports and Outdoors two hundred dollars gift card. I don't have room. I've got it on our Instagram right now at Rob Ryan's show. Just follow this simple, simple instructions and you could walk away from today's show with a two hundred dollars Academy Sports and Outdoors gift card. It's one of the biggest prize days in the history of the Rod Ryan Show. It is absolutely crazy today. So glad you're on board. So glad you're up darket early with us today. It's nice outside, guys. It might be in the sixties out there right now. So sunny Hi of ninety one today, Tomorrow Sonny ninety three, Sunday Sonny ninety three. Beautiful looking weekend. Good morning, Tessa. What are Houston's headline? Hey, good morning, running home room.
Speaker 5: So last night the strongest hurricane to make landfall in the Big Bend area of Florida for the last one hundred and seventy years did it was a Category four. Helene had winds really strong, really strong winds left a million people with no electric power.
Speaker 6: It's now hitting Georgia in South Carolina.
Speaker 5: So Helene is now a tropical storm, but it's still very dangerous and As I mentioned, more than a million people are without power after Hurricane Helene made landfall last night, So that's going to be the thing we're talking about this morning.
Speaker 1: Meanwhile, workers at ports from Maine.
Speaker 5: All the way here to Texas are set to strike and what could be the most disruptive walkout to the US economy in decades. It could stop the flow of fruit, household goods, clothing, toys, cars, and many other products. It's the International Long Shortman's Association says they think they'll walk out in a matter of days unless there's a new contract. If there's one thing that everyone can agree on, it'said tipping has kind of gotten out of control. A new survey asked Americans how many times they tipped for services when they didn't even think it was necessary, and the average response was forty times. Sixty percent of people say they're fed up with being asked tip for different services at various businesses, and around the same percentage feel pressure to tip. That tipping fatigue is also dragging down the average tip.
Speaker 1: We'll be talking about that today.
Speaker 5: Job Chovey Hoe to Copy is leaving the Today's Show early next year. She'll stay with NBC in some capacity, but she really didn't elaborate on that. On the show yesterday, she said her sixtieth birthday celebration this summer made her realize it was time to move on. She says she had her kids late in life and she was just thinking they deserve a bigger piece of her time. Pie I think that's a great way to put it. I feel like we only have a finite amount of time, and so with that being said, this is the hardest thing in the world.
Speaker 6: These are her words. You can go watch the video.
Speaker 5: We have a blog page for Hoda because Rodert I think still has some sort of crush on her. The Food Fighters will no longer perform at a Connecticut music festival this weekend. The band was set to headlining the Soundside Music Festival on Sunday, but now we'll be replaced by Jack White and gretevan Fleet.
Speaker 1: Although the band didn't for.
Speaker 5: A specific reason for the cancelation, the news comes just after two weeks after Dave Girl revealed he had fathered a child outside of his marriage.
Speaker 1: Those are Houston's head flights. Put a copyes, Egyptian, AH makes it even more exotic.
Speaker 7: Ah.
Speaker 1: Anybody mess around with an Egyptian.
Speaker 6: I had a friend Dina Abdulcimad that.
Speaker 1: I went to school with. Him was Egyptian. She was beautiful. Did you mess around with her?
Speaker 7: No?
Speaker 1: I didn't. Well, I was her friend. That was the question.
Speaker 6: Oh, I mess around in a very PG manner.
Speaker 1: Oh, tickle fights, bron pennies.
Speaker 6: Yes, friends, Yes, Be's friend.
Speaker 1: Where's you got? Alex?
Speaker 8: Thursday Night football Cowboys got by the Giants twenty fifteen. Not to talk about there. Texans are gonna try and be back from their first loss of the season on Sunday when they host the Jaguars at Energy Stadium. There's six point favorites coming into this game, kickoffs at noon. He watched on CBS in college footballs some notble games on the schedule tomorrow. We got sixteenth rank Notre Dame taking on number fifteen Louisville. U of H is going to host eighteenth ranked Iowa State in the big game of the weekend is second ranked joy Ja at number four. Alabama and baseball Astros are back in action tonight. They're gonna play the final series of the regular season against the Guardians on the road. Renew Blanco be on the mount for the Shows going up against Cleveland's Joey Cantello.
Speaker 1: First pitches at six ' ten.
Speaker 8: You can listen to it on our sister station, Sports Talk seven ninety.
Speaker 1: That is what's going on in sports. Interesting to see the dynamic between Tessa and Alex today. I'm here for it. Got a front row seat. I don't even like.
Speaker 6: That team, that one that much, the one that won.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I'm happy for them, but they're not the team I'm watching.
Speaker 1: It's your team anymore. They they have no They've lost their chances with things. It's just I'm a Texans fan, all right. Here we go. Four hours of pain free beer Friday. Every case of beer comes with a six pack of Rod Ryan Show twentieth Anniversary party tickets.
Speaker 9: Bam Friday. You've got free Bam Friday. You got Bam Friday. You got a free Bam Friday.
Speaker 2: Flee Bam Friday.
Speaker 9: Man, Right, Bam Friday, Right, Bam Friday, and Bam Friday.
Speaker 1: Ryan, Good Morning, Rob Ryan Show, Good morning.
Speaker 3: Hello, who's this?
Speaker 1: Hello?
Speaker 3: This is Brian.
Speaker 1: Hi, Brian, A little early to be cooling, Bro. I got people sleeping around here. I got chili sleeping over here. So early.
Speaker 10: Hey, I'm up and about it, man, I'm ready.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but that's you living in your bubble.
Speaker 11: Dude.
Speaker 1: It's early chili sleeping like you're calling me. It's six o seven, it's early. Oh he did. Oh he's up then, okay, good Hey dude.
Speaker 10: Your cor.
Speaker 1: No freaking way. Oh my god, Alex is reaching.
Speaker 10: I've been trying and trying and trying.
Speaker 1: Oh my gosh. Yeah, Alex reaching for the dump button over there. He thought you were gonna curse. Listen, Brian, No, I'm sorry, that's okay. Sorry, No, you didn't. You didn't curse. Dude. You're great, You're doing brilliant. You sound amazing on the air. I love the energy my heart.
Speaker 12: My heart is pounding like a phone book and a dryer right now.
Speaker 1: Man, I never heard that before. That's funny. I'm gonna give you a case of beer. Thank you to our friends expects. I'm going to give you. I don't know what you can do with all these tickets, A six pack of tickets to the Rod Ryan Show twenty f anniversary party.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, we just added Rosy this week.
Speaker 1: You got Theory of a Dead Man, xc's Blue October Sublime and Shine Down the only way to get into the show is to win. You have a six packet tickets. Dude, You're you're the I'm worry from.
Speaker 13: I'm from Perland, originally from New Caney, but I live out in Parland right now.
Speaker 1: Well, I was gonna say that you're the most popular guy in Perland for sure by far, because everyone's gonna want to go with you. You've got to bring all these people with you, dude, all right, Yes.
Speaker 14: Yes, sir, I appreciate y'all. Man, Man, I appreciate everything y'all do.
Speaker 15: Man for keep getting me through my day.
Speaker 10: Everything.
Speaker 14: I appreciate it so much.
Speaker 1: Uh, this is a great first phone call today. Man. I'm happy you won, Brian. I'm glad we're gonna get the party. Just bring some cool people with you, all right, Yes, sir, definitely, thank you, Thank you, dude, thank you so much. As Brian, as Brian Hairlin. He seems like a cool guy. I think you know when you have when you talk to a cool guy like that, you assume that he hangs out with cool people and he's going to bring five like people like him to the party. Right. This is how you get in today. You have to wait. You have to win beer today to get into the Rod Ryan Show twenty anniversary party because we've just been overtaken by Metallica today on the show. There's no other there's no other giveaways for twenty anniversary party tickets outside of winning beer. So we'll do it at seven, eight and nine, six times four. Is still twenty four twenty four pairs of tickets given away on free beer Friday. That's a lot. Now, what's going on with this Metallica thing? Well, they're going on Tickets are going on sale. You want to see Metallica on the fifty yard line at Energy Stadium. I mean we don't have to for you on the fifty yard line. The band's gonna be on the fifty yard line. I don't know where these seats are, but you're gonna be in. You're gonna be in. Tickets go on sale today at ten. I've got a pair of Talica tickets on the Fun Fact Flashback, I've got a pair for you at seven twenty. I've got a pair for you at eight twenty, and then I got a pair Chilly put those on Know the show. So the last thing we do before we get out of here today will be Metallica tickets. And then the other biggie is Lincoln Park goes on sale today for their show in Arlington, and those go on sale today at ten. The only other spot I had to put them was on the Fresh Out of Bed Head to Head, So Sean's gonna be competing for those against you, you being the person that calls in to play Fresh out of Bed Head to Head today. And then one other big, big giveaway, it's the twenty Days celebrating twenty years of The rod Ryan Show. Two hundred dollars Academy Sports and Outdoors gift cards. I'm out of space on the air, so I put those over on our Instagram at rod Ryan's show. And a few of you are not following the instructions. Yeah, go figure, So what I have asked of you. You'll see a picture of me. You see my dumb head I am. I went to Academy yesterday and I took a picture. I keep telling you guys, my favorite section, my favorite area in Academy is the grilling section. So what I'm asking you to do is go to Instagram at rod Ryan Show. I want you to like the picture, and I want you to tell me your favorite section in academy. That's it. More of you have liked the picture than have told me what section you like. There's about fifteen of you that liked the picture that didn't put the comment that I was asking for. You gotta do both, okay, and subscribe yeh yeah, yeah, yeah yeah. You gotta kind of do both of those things. So make sure if you if you went and did that this morning, make sure you tell me your favorite section in academy. Okay, it's going to be important if you want to be the winner of the two hundred dollars gift card. Winner showsen today at nine point fifty listen. I got a million other things I want to talk about today on the show, but I can't do it all in the opening monologue, so I'm gonna have to take a break. Don't forget our party tomorrow. We're gonna be over at Onion Creek and I'm gonna bring a bunch of tickets to the party. This is another place where you can come out, hang with me and win tickets to the Rod Ryan Show twentieth Anniversary party Onion Creek on White Oak. I'll be there from two to four tomorrow, So there's my first mention of that. I'll mention it several times, all right on the flip gotta rec check for you. We'll find out what's trending, and then we'll get set up for the Fresh Out of.
Speaker 16: Bed Houston, Houston's alternative and tell them at the rod Ryan Morning Show ninety four five The Buzz.
Speaker 1: Come on, ninety four to five The Buzz, Welcome back rod Ryan Show. Looks like a pretty good weekend, low chances of rain, sunny every day. That's today, tomorrow, and Sunday. We're gonna be in the low nineties. That's as fall as we're getting. But that's all right. It seems like the humidity has been down quite a bit, so it's kind of tricking us. It's pretty nice outside these days. Getting set up for the Fresh out of Bed Head to head, I'll tell you what great prize is up for grabs, but first you gotta find out what's trending. Well, we gotta check on our buddy.
Speaker 5: We got to check on Alex p because last night the Giants played the Cowboys, and I gotta say I and I'm telling you know, I'm like saying, Oh, I don't like the Cowboys anymore. I tried to tune into it, like hate watch them because I'm so mad at them for how they've treated me my whole life. But I do cheer for them, especially when they're going against the giants, and they did win. There was some there was a phantom face mask that got called. I saw that Cowboys, so I knew that that would get me worked out.
Speaker 1: I was concerned when that happened.
Speaker 5: Alt Michaels seemed really perturbed by the amount of flags that were being thrown.
Speaker 1: He was kind of losing it and.
Speaker 5: He's like, the refs have ordered more flags on Amazon because they're out. They've thrown every flag in the world. So that was interesting. Alex was.
Speaker 6: So not a blowout, a competitive game, all right?
Speaker 1: What else?
Speaker 4: What else?
Speaker 1: Okay?
Speaker 6: Lana del Rey or Lana del Rey.
Speaker 5: Uh, she married the guy who gave who took her on an alligator tour. She got a marriage license and she is going to marry a guy who she just met on an alligator tour in Louisiana and they had a Louisiana wedding. And I hope he is as a regular as a man as you could possibly be. Banna del Ray, huge pop start. I hope they're very happy together. And then the other trend I wanted not other trend. And then of course it is Fanny Friday. We're giving away anniversary tickets with every six pack that's one, so we're having a day here.
Speaker 1: It's Friday.
Speaker 6: Happy Friday everyone, that's what's trending. A nighty for five the bucks.
Speaker 10: Good morning everybody, This is Sewan. You're fresh out of bed at the head three.
Speaker 1: Day Champions, getting the job.
Speaker 17: Done every damn morning.
Speaker 1: Join me on free beer Friday as I make it.
Speaker 9: Win.
Speaker 1: Number four is one three two, win two five nine four five if you want to play. It's for Lincoln Park tickets before they go on sale today at ten o'clock for their show in Arlington. They're at Ryan Shown ninety four five, The Boo, ninety four five, The Buzz. Good Morning, Rod Ryan Show. Thank you so much for having us on Sunny's Guys today. Ten percent chance of rain, high of ninety one. That's basically what you're going to get all weekend long, tomorrow and Sunday. I just heard from my boy Gunner over there at Onion Creek. You know I'm gonna be there. Tomorrow Onion Creek's on White Oak. I'll be there two to four. He's getting things fired up at noon. He said he's got the DJ, he's got live music. It is the third annual War of the Wings. You can buy a wristband and you could help pick the winner. You can walk around and taste all the chicken wings and all of that. Get an armband or get a wristband that type of thing so that you can pay for on site. But there's gonna be a stein hoisting competition and a wing eating contest that you can still get in on. And keep in mind, I'm bringing out a ton of tickets to the Rod Ryan Show twenty anniversary party. So he's gonna get things rolling at Onion Creek at noon. There's a post party at six. It's an all day thing. I'm there specifically two to four with the ticket giveaway. All right, it's a kid friendly thing. I'll see you guys out there tomorrow. Man, it's gonna be a beautiful day. It's to be a beautiful event. And now it's time for the fresh out of bed Head to head Challenge. Listeners to your corners. Hey Sean, Hey, good morning, what's up, dude, you're going for win number four today?
Speaker 3: Yes, sir, Well, it's a good time.
Speaker 1: It's a good time. It's a great time to be alive. It's a good time to be on the fresh out of bed head to head. I'm jammed up with so many Metallica tickets and anniversary show tickets. I'm gonna put those Lincoln Park tickets in fresh out of bed head to head. That's what's on the chopping block. They go on sale today at ten, and that means Daniel has an equal shot at them. Daniel, good morning, Hey, hey man, what do we know about you? Do we know anything about you?
Speaker 8: A little bit?
Speaker 15: I was a guy that called a couple of weeks ago about the UFO's first phone call it.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, you're that weird oh guy, Yeah that's great. Yeah right, well, I don't see any UFO questions on Tessa's sheet today, So I hope that's not all you know, Daniel.
Speaker 2: I mean, it's all right.
Speaker 3: So you're telling me that's all you know about is the UFOs.
Speaker 1: Okay, yeah, right now that's my wife at least spell UFO. Okay, the game's not on you stop. So again, it's Lincoln Park, Arlington, November eighth. Tickets go on sale today at ten. Daniel, you have an equal shot at those with Sean. Okay, okay, okay, a huge price for this first game. Here it is. Here we go. Question number one, What is the name of the fairy? Sean or Tie Tie Daniel? You said your name right? Yeah, you know what.
Speaker 7: I'm gonna be completely honest with you, guys.
Speaker 1: I did not say much. I don't think so. I didn't think so. I only heard Sean, Sean.
Speaker 7: M.
Speaker 1: Tinker Bell, Hm, what was the name of the fairy? And Peter Pan tinker Bell to correct answer. It's a correct answer. I love the honesty.
Speaker 5: When the aliens come, they are gonna take it easy on Daniel.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's what I'm hoping for it. It's like, hey, let's spare that Daniel guy. He was honest. Yeah, all right, here we go. Wow, Sean, wonderful play on that fairy question. I don't know that I could name another fairy off the top of my head. So here we go. Next share Sean, Daniel, shout out your name when you think you know the answer. What is the tallest mountain in the world? Sean, Now, hang on, Dad, this is a great game that I'm not playing this game game. Whydo sorry? I hadn't ask some question about Little Green Men, Daniel gi me favor. I know you won't do this, but I mean, you were really honest. So maybe go listen to the podcast. I will, and Sean got you. All you gotta do is just say Rod, you know that's it. Just say Rod. You know I'm not looking for an apology. I'm looking for anything. I just I just want I want to know that you heard it. Okay, Okay, thank you.
Speaker 3: Thank you, Live long and prosper Daniel.
Speaker 1: I really like Daniel. I'm very sad he's leaving us. I don't know if I like him. Ye if I didn't, you like him? If I get an email from him, like them, okay, okay, if I don't, I don't know. I'm not sure. Sean's great. Sean, You're going to see Lincoln Park in Arlington. We said that that show is on right now. We gave way tickets yesterday, and the gal that won, she said, oh yeah, we're gonna make it a weekend of it because they're playing on Friday night. So congratulations. And then, dude, I'm asking you to come back on Monday and play and go and try to get into the Hall of Fame. Good okay, bro great game, The rod Ryan Show. Five I'm pooped, But ninety four or five The Buzz Lovely the band Broke kN rod Ryan Show on this free beer Friday. Look what we've done already. I'm telling you, I know we've done more than these other morning shows.
Speaker 3: The whole four hours.
Speaker 1: We have given away a case of beer with a six pack of rod Ryan Show twenty anniversary party tickets. We are signing up people on our Instagram at rod Ryan Show to win the two hundred dollars Academy Sports and Outdoors gift card. Oh you're just hearing about that for the first time. You should be following us at Rob Ryan's Show on Instagram, So go click on that. We just had Sean on Fresh out of Bed Head to Head. Let's take a listen, because he made it win number four. He said he's shaken over there. He's so excited the Fresh out of bed Head to Head Challenge.
Speaker 3: Here's your current champion.
Speaker 1: All right, good morning everybody, this is Sean.
Speaker 10: You're fresh out.
Speaker 1: Of bed head ahead four day.
Speaker 17: Champions and my eyes is going to see Lincoln Park.
Speaker 11: Baby.
Speaker 1: Wow, he's excited.
Speaker 17: Join me on Monday when I make you win.
Speaker 10: Number five and finally make it into that.
Speaker 1: Hall of Fame.
Speaker 3: So there's the Lincoln Park tickets.
Speaker 1: You're on your own now. They go on sale today at ten o'clock. Okay, now I'm getting ready to deliver some fun facts to you, and we're gonna get into the first of four pair of tickets to go see Metallica at NRG Stadium. Tickets will go on sale for that today at ten o'clock. Ticket mass dot com. Four pair Fun Fact Flashback coming up seven, twenty eight, twenty and on no the show.
Speaker 3: Busy day, man, very busy day.
Speaker 1: Let's go. It's the fuck that's of the day.
Speaker 11: We make you look smarty, everybody's it's the fuck that's of the day.
Speaker 1: All right, Hey, hell ride may good morning. I grew up in fear of two things. But when I was a little kid, scurvy I was, I was. I thought scurvy was gonna be a problem. The hell is servy. Scurvy was something like with your spine. They would make you bend over, they would check your spine. When you were a little kid. Oh, my god. Or maybe that was scoliosis. I don't know this scoliosis. Well, okay, so scoliosis, scurvy and scabies. I thought skavyes was good to be a problem. Okay, ska bands, you don't have a problem if you don't know what scabies are. Scamies are these bugs that lay eggs. They go inside your knuckle area. And you're a friend of mine got it in her hands and they laid eggs in her hands. I'm gonna throw up.
Speaker 3: Yeah, scabies.
Speaker 1: I hope you did scabies. Say it with me? Scabies? Two nightmares? All right? Where am I going with Rod? Do you have any fun facts today? I thought those things were gonna be a problem listing your fears. The phrase seven year itch was used to describe scabies back before scabies could be treated. These bugs were just laying eggs in your skin. It lasted for seven years. You'd have the seven year itch if you got scabies. Then it became a metaphor when you were in like an unhappy marriage or something. It's like, you know you're in the seven You got the seven year itch?
Speaker 6: Come from a scavy Yeah?
Speaker 1: All right, guys, right, Well, I'm not gonna use that one today.
Speaker 6: That one's gonna stay on ice.
Speaker 1: That a smile on your face. Sorry, you just scathes to see me. Wow, hell came to work today. You want to finish the show? Here, I'll go. I'll go manage the money.
Speaker 18: Uh.
Speaker 3: Fun Fact number two, that's scary.
Speaker 1: Have you ever learned about something new like Rob talking about scabies like a word or a name, and then suddenly you found you find that it keeps coming up in your life. That's called the baitter Minehoff phenomenon. That is I thought that was manifesting. You watch at some point Skaby's is gonna come up over the week, and you're like, Rod was just talking about scabies.
Speaker 6: It's called manifesting, not Creator Hopkins.
Speaker 1: It's the It's the beater Minehoff phenomenon. Okay, that's what's happening here, Skapies. Your phone's definitely gonna have it. There's five point two million trees in New York City. Oh that's neat, I thought, so, thanks, Alex.
Speaker 11: That's the day we make you look smart in front of yours.
Speaker 1: I thought it was neat. Neat, neat were not giants chimes. Tell everybody what you're giving away?
Speaker 5: Pair of tickets the Metallica on their M seventy two World tour Panther in Suicidal Tendencies n RG Stadium next year, but tickets go on sale after the show today at ticketmaster dot com.
Speaker 1: All right, it's your back. You know which one I'm using from yesterday? I'll shake it his head. He's like this guy. When's he gonna grow up? Never? How many earths fit inside your nus? Seven one three two one two five you're laughing seven one three two one two.
Speaker 3: Five nine four five.
Speaker 1: Now time for rockout with your stock out with Captain Cash. It's funny, that's why you're laughing. How do we do on Wall Street? Yesterday? Down Wall Street? The Dow was up two hundred and sixty points.
Speaker 18: Kick off this morning at forty two thousand and one seventy five. NASDAK up one hundred and eight to eighteen thousand, one hundred and ninety Benchmarktenior Treasury treates to a three point seventy nine percent in oil.
Speaker 1: Is that sixty seven.
Speaker 18: Dollars eighty eight cents of barrel to the most active the big studs Dow, Caterpillar and three M the Big Duds Walmart Murk and Chevron. Uh the economic calendary. This morning's pretty crowded. We'll get personal income also a personal spending for August right now, futures slightly on the downside. Comartins Jones's baby around. That's it, I'm out here. This is Highland Manage Director wit or Amy James reporting for the Right Ron Show from Amy James on Sam Flipping.
Speaker 1: They got stun don't forget toys for rock out with your stockout.
Speaker 16: Famian's express are those of all Land and not necessarily those are Raymond James and Associates. Income Ever NYC as IBC, IART Radio or a sponsors. Information is based on sources believed to be reliable, but it's not guaranteed. There's no insurance transmission. We'll continue. If this is not a solicitation, offer or recommendation to buyer sell any security refer to your end. This programs are educational and informational services only. The studs of duds are based on movement.
Speaker 1: As reported ninety four five The Buzz Welcome back Rod Ryan's show. Come on sure fact that all right man, We got a lot of business.
Speaker 3: We got a lot of ground to cover today.
Speaker 1: On the show for sure. Good morning, who's on the phone, Good morning fluid, Hi Lewis, welcome, welcome, Hey, thanks for being in homeroom, Welcome to the show. Big ticket here, bro, how many earths fit inside of youranus? What sixty three? Show me sixty three? Yeah? Yeah, dude, you're going to Metallica?
Speaker 8: Heck you, Bro.
Speaker 5: We're gonna give you a pair for their m seventy two world tour with Tantara and Suicidal Tendencies. Dude, these aren't even on sale yet. You are a lucky, lucky man. And Rod did you just see the email yesterday from the listener that was like sixty four if you.
Speaker 1: Relax, Yeah, squeeze one more there, Lewis, have a great time at Metallica. Bro, thanks for being on the show today. That's the first a four pair we're given away today on the show. Come ninety four to five, the Buzz three eleven down, Rob Ryan's Show, Happy free beer front of everybody. You made it. We're gonna turn you loose for the weekend. But man, we got a lot of ground to cover today. That was the first, Lewis. That the first of four pair of Metallica tickets that we're giving away today on the show. Another one coming up for you. Will get started with that at around seven to twenty, then around eight twenty, and then we leave you with Metallica tickets on no the show. I've got a case of beer coming up for you in less than seven minutes. That case of beer, as with all the beer today, is coming with a six pack of tickets to the rod Ryan Show twentieth anniversary Party. I got a two hundred dollars Academy Sports and Outdoors gift card up for grams. That's on the rod Ryan Show Instagram This morning at rod Ryan Show. Just I mean all killer, no filler today, beautiful looking weekend, low ninety Sonny, no rain, come on.
Speaker 3: Tessa has Houston's headlines.
Speaker 5: Okay, so yesterday we were all anticipating the hurricane Helene making landfall in Florida, and the death toll for Helene is now at at least three people. One person in Tampa and two people in Georgia were killed as Helene did make landfall last night. It was a powerful category for hurricane. Now right now, as it stands, Helene no longer a hurricane, but even as a tropical storm, it's still packing a punch and moving across Georgia. The storm has maximum sustained winds of seventy.
Speaker 1: Miles per hour.
Speaker 5: Tornadoes also a possibility this morning in eastern Georgia, the Carolinas, and southern Virginia. I don't know if you guys have got a chance to see any of this video footage of some of these dramatic rescues, some of these houses with ring doorbells that are like in the ocean, like the waves of the ocean are inside of living rooms, people having to be rescued, people trying to escape. So pretty dramatic stuff going on over there. Because this a very very powerful hurricane. I believe the strongest one to hit to make landfall in area for the last one hundred and seventy years, So pretty significant there. Okay, I wanted to talk about this yesterday, but I didn't.
Speaker 1: Get the chance.
Speaker 5: And the Mayor of New York City, Eric Adams, is being ordered to appear in Federal District Court in Manhattan today this after he was indicted yesterday. He's been charged with accepting bribes from Turkish officials.
Speaker 1: Adams maintains he's innocent.
Speaker 5: He's vowed to stay in office, but he's in some hot water over there.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he's got a big catchphrase that's kind of gone viral now and he's made it over to three things you must see today. You want to go check that out.
Speaker 5: Well, a lot of people before they unsealed some of these documents, a lot of people were saying, oh, it's Diddy, he's involved with Diddy because the court documents were sealed. But now they're saying it's the bribes from Turkish officials. So yeah, big big story going on over there in New York.
Speaker 1: I said, it's one of the things that's most I don't know what he's done and what he's guilty or not guilty of. I am infuriated by elected officials abusing their power. It seems to be a huge theme. Oh my god, it makes me so mad. It's like, we elected you. We thought you were going to be a good guy. Though, you were going to be a good guy, right, you.
Speaker 5: Convinced the community that you were going to make a change and be the change.
Speaker 6: And look what you're doing. You're you're just like everyone else.
Speaker 3: Using your power right right.
Speaker 6: Sunday is National Coffee Day.
Speaker 5: A few places have deals, so like if you think Krispy Kreme, Duncan, Pete's Curig. A lot of people celebrating National Coffee Day. So Wallehub also did it's annual ranking of the best coffee.
Speaker 6: Cities in America.
Speaker 5: So we have like the whole blog page going on. We're not on the list, but the Texas city that did make the top ten is Austin, Seattle ranked number one. For oh no, sorry, Portland, Oregon took the top spot this year, knocking San Francisco to second place. So best coffee cities, there are some tremendous local coffee brewers and roasters here in the city.
Speaker 1: Always try to go local, guys.
Speaker 5: I mean, as much as I like the big chains are convenient, get into.
Speaker 6: A local coffee shop here in Houston. They are phenomenal. There you go, Alex here, this will make you feel better.
Speaker 5: Corey Feldman, Oh, actually, maybe it won't is going through a divorce right now. His estranged wife, Courtney, wants five thousand dollars a month in spousal support. He currently pays her around two thousand, but she believes he can afford more.
Speaker 6: Because he brings in six figures a month.
Speaker 5: Courtney says he makes more than two hundred and eighty thousand in movie and TV residuals, touring appearances, and merch Courtney says their marriage ended once she said no to doing recreational drugs and their party lifestyle. So Corey and Courtney got married in twenty sixteen. They separated last year.
Speaker 1: She wants more money in spousal that's the story. Ash waants more than fell dog. Now he's blown up.
Speaker 5: Now that he's hot. Now he's hot, She's.
Speaker 1: All on him. He's very hot right now.
Speaker 6: Ok let's talk about Oasis.
Speaker 5: Because Ride they might play several shows in North America next year. The cities have been announced, but not the date. So I'm going over right now. I only see the Manchester stuff. That's I'm only seeing the Dublin Island in the London. Those are the ones that have specific dates, but.
Speaker 1: Those have already been announced.
Speaker 19: Yeh.
Speaker 1: The only thing I see here in the US is going to be Giants Jets Giants Stadium in my life. Yep. Okay, that might be their only North American show.
Speaker 5: Okay, Toronto, Chicago, Boston, LA.
Speaker 1: They might do a Mexico City, LA.
Speaker 5: So they're doing like the big international cities but again they're not saying which venue yet. They're gonna Yeah, it's gonna have to be stadiums, but go check it out.
Speaker 6: This is all on the music blog page.
Speaker 1: Good music blog page today. Those are just in dead lights taking alex Oh supposed to be the NFL. That's fine.
Speaker 20: Uh.
Speaker 8: Thursday Night football, Cowboys got by the Giants twenty to fifteen. Texans are gonna try and rebound from their first loss of the season Sunday when they host the Jaguars at Energy Stadium. There's six point favorites heading into the game. Kickoff is at noon. You can watch it on CBS. In College foot Boss, some notable games in the schedule Tomorrow, we got twentieth ranked Oklahoma State taken on number twenty three Kansas State, number sixteen Notre Dame. We'll play fifteenth ranked Louisville, and then we get U of H hosting Iowa State and the big game of the weekend being number two Georgia at number four Alabama. In baseball, Astros are back in action tonight. They're going to play their final series of the regular season against the Guardians. Renew Blanco is gonna be on the mound for this stros tonight, going up against Cleveland's Joey Cantillo. First pitches at six to ten. You can listen to it on our sister station, Sports Talk seven ninety. That is what's going on in sports.
Speaker 1: Okay, guys, Free beer Friday, Thank you Specs for the beer. I am throwing in a six pack of tickets to The Rod Ryan Show twentyth anniversary party.
Speaker 13: Good luck, The rod Ryan Morning Show six to ten AM.
Speaker 1: The Buzz, Let's go, Let's go.
Speaker 9: Bam Friday, Free Bam Broday. You got free Bam Friday. You got a free Bam Friday, Free Bam Friday, and right Bam Friday Friday and free Bam Friday.
Speaker 1: Good morning, rod Ryan Show.
Speaker 11: Good morning.
Speaker 7: Hi.
Speaker 1: Hi, who's this? This is Craig. What you're doing? What you're doing, Craig.
Speaker 12: I'm I'm just off today and joined the Ron Ron Show this morning.
Speaker 4: Been a listener since one o seven.
Speaker 1: Wow, what are you a madman? It's seven o'clock. If I was off today, I'd be sleeping. I wouldn't be sleeping. There's no way I'd be sleeping. Well, listen, I appreciate you, even on your day off, getting up early with us. Hey, dude, your color ten?
Speaker 10: All right?
Speaker 8: Man?
Speaker 1: So beer, thank you, SPACs. I got a case of beer for you, and then I'm gonna give you six tickets. You have a case of beer an additional six pack. The six pack is Rod Ryan Show twentyth anniversary party tickets.
Speaker 21: That is awesome.
Speaker 19: Brother?
Speaker 1: Who I mean? So I don't want to paint in a corner if you don't want to say any names, I understand, But do you have an idea of like who you're gonna bring, like who you're gonna ask?
Speaker 12: I got I got a couple of good friends, so I'm sure they're gonna be calling me.
Speaker 1: I told the last week's winners. You just dangle it out there. You get like, I'm sure you're on a couple of group texts. You're like, hey, guess who is on the Rod Ryan Show. I have five tickets. I'm waiting to be impressed by all of you for the next three weeks or next two weeks, and then let them compete, dude, let them compete, definitely will brother Rod? All right, Hey, Craig, I'll see you at the party. I'm excited for you and your guys. See you there. Bert, all right, then thank you, thank you. Hang on, Craig. Okay, we'll do it again. At eight, We'll do that again. At nine, we'll do Metallica tickets. Coming up closer to around seven, twenty Metallica tickets. At eight, twenty Metallica tickets on no the show. I promised you four pair of tickets before they go on sale, and that's what we're going to do today on the show. Sonny's guys today, nothing over a ten percent chance of rain, and that goes for tomorrow and Sunday. Brandon over here is trying to figure this out. He knows what a big day it is today with the beer and the Metallica and all that. He goes, right, but I'm counting sixty three seconds between Facebook Live and iHeart via my Apple Music app. So I figured that's a long delay. Maybe it's because of the app. So I opened up iHeart from their app on my phone. I was right less delayed on their native app by like three seconds. Now I'm curious on the delay on Facebook Live versus an actual radio. You see what he's doing here, he's counting, he's figuring out how he can win. Okay, he goes. My point is if I want to win something from y'all, I think I'm gonna have to go sit in my truck and be on an actual radio to win these Rod Ryan Show party tickets.
Speaker 5: Whatever you're yeah, it's only crazy if it doesn't work, Brandon.
Speaker 1: Let me explain something to you.
Speaker 3: We just said, hey, it's pre Beer Friday.
Speaker 1: Call now to win the beer and win the Rod Ryan Show twentieth Anniversary party tickets. After that happened, a four minute song played. So even if you heard call now a minute late, ninety sixty three seconds late, whatever you're trying to figure out over there with your ambicus, a four minute song played from the time we told you to call and then when I when I finally went over to the phones, Everyone's caught up. Everyone is caught up, and it is a level playing field, no matter what the delay or how you're listening to the show. I've tried to explain this until my nipples turn blue on this radio program, and it hasn't sunken in to some people like Orange right now, when we say go, when we say call now to win tickets, you know, Chili, do you think he is greased? Lightning? And as soon as I say it. He's going what to do?
Speaker 4: Nine?
Speaker 1: Okay, the next one is gonna be ten? He's not doing that?
Speaker 6: Gets in a big stretch. There many does that.
Speaker 1: There's always some sort of a song that's played. Maybe it's a commercial break or something, but there's always a bunch of minutes that are longer than all the delays of the different ways of listening to the show. Is there, Alex, is there something that I'm not explaining? They were just getting ahead about it, I think yeah, because they think, Oh, I don't what I should do?
Speaker 3: Is Craig still there?
Speaker 1: Maybe? Hey, Craig, let me see if he's still there. Hey Craig, Yes, sir, maybe I should start doing this. Can you tell me how you're listening to the show this morning? Is it? I am good, good old, good old fashioned radio, old fashion radio. Okay, let's thank you, Craig, Thank you again, and I'll see you at the anniversary show. Well that's feeding into Brandon right there. Oh see, there you go, Rod. You gotta be listening to the radio to win around here. Yeah, that's not a bad thing. But the apps are set up and all these other ways of listening to us. Yeah, there's of course there's a delay by the time it gets through YouTube and through Facebook and all of that stuff. Of course there's a delay, but it's not a four minute delay like the song I just played. So, h okay, well listen, I know you guys are excited all of these things that we take time to talk about. It just means that you're excited about the stuff that we're given away. And I am too, And that's why it's important to make sure that everybody feels that they've got a shot at winning this stuff. It's a completely level playing field for everyone. On our Instagram today at Rod Ryan's Show, that's where the twentieth anniversary celebration continues with Academy Sports and Outdoors twenty Days, Today's Day fifteen. We'll do it all next week. Today's Day fifteen, twenty days, celebrating twenty years with a two hundred dollars Academy Sports and Outdoor gift card. I went to Academy yesterday and I wanted to take a picture of me in my favorite section, the grilling area. And you know, I went there just to take a picture. Okay, Okay, I'm gonna go in there take a picture because I know we're gonna do this you know thing today. Well, I'm in the grilling section. I might as we'll look around a little bit. Okay, Oh that barbecue sauce that looks pretty good. Oh that rub, Yeah, I'm gonna get this rub. There was some sign of the some sort of breakfast salsa that I bought. Then I bought London a Texans Jersey.
Speaker 6: Okay, that's good purchase.
Speaker 1: Because I want her to have the choice between we're going to the bills game. I want her to have a choice. I'm not going to force the bills on her, so she's gonna have a choice. I bought these new nikes that I'm wearing today. I went, look, this was me. I just I went to go take a picture. And then I'm coming off a couple hundred bucks just to go take a photograph. That place. I'm telling you so good. Oh I love so good. I love it so yeah. I became this. I'm like, jeez, I could.
Speaker 3: Use this gift card.
Speaker 1: I blew way over that gift card in Academy yesterday. Cattmy Sports and Outdoors on our Instagram at rod Ryan Show. Get after it, quick break. Let's get back into some Metallica, Ticket.
Speaker 13: Houston's Alternative and The rod Ryan Morning.
Speaker 1: Show ninety four fives. Welcome back rod Ryan's Show. Yeah, the delayed talk is always a big big thing around here. People trying to, you know, just figure out the system. How can I win this stuff? How do I get in on Free Beer Friday? I always get a busy signal. Maybe it's the delay. Maybe I need to listen to the radio instead of the app. Check this email out. Melanie was on the show last week. She just sent this email. She said, Rod and just letting you know. I won Free Beer Friday last week. That means I got the six packet tickets as well to the anniversary show. I was listening on the iHeart App. So there's proof right there that you can win from listening to the iHeart app instead of the actual radio. I hope y'all have a great day, great weekend. Can't wait to party with y'all at the Rod Ryan Show anniversary party. Loved y'all. Sock shoe, sock shoe. I like that water, toothpaste, water, I can't remember the others. Melanie, all right, Well, there you have it. She was listening to the app last week. Nice the guy that just won free beer Friday. He was listening to our actual radio. I do think that the playing field is pretty level. I do, even though you guys are trying to figure it out. And I get it.
Speaker 7: Man.
Speaker 1: That means we're giving away great things like these Metallica tickets coming up pair number two.
Speaker 3: But first, what's trending.
Speaker 1: The record setting.
Speaker 5: Ball hit by La Dodger star Shohei Otani is going to be auctioned off, but it's now the subject of a lawsuit. So when he did the fifty home runs, the fiftieth home run and then the fiftieth stolen base, there was some like melee when that ball was hit into the stands. And there's an eighteen year old suing because he claims he caught the baseball, but it was pulled from his hands by another fan. So video from the game shows fans and that scuffle over the ball. The auction has a starting bit of half a million dollars, so there's a lot of money at State.
Speaker 1: Golden Auction says they know about.
Speaker 5: The lawsuit, but they insists they're going forward anyway.
Speaker 3: Nobody caught the baseball, but I know what you're saying.
Speaker 1: The baseball was rolling around on the ground and everybody is trying to get after it. So it's like, you know, it's every man for himself. There's two people with their hands on the ball. You can't really see it. The stronger of the two comes out of the pile with the ball. We never see the ball in the kid's hand that's bringing this lawsuit.
Speaker 6: Always see is his disappointed face.
Speaker 1: We see him mount the word f Yeah, but the guy is clearly stronger than him. I never saw out of any videos that I've seen, there's a lot of camera angles, I've never seen the ball in that kid's hand. Yeah, he claims underneath the nine. Correct, So underneath the chair. You got two hands on the ball, and the stronger person's going to get it. The guy that has the ball, it's his ball, it's his ball. I see what. You can sue anyone you want. Anybody can sue anybody.
Speaker 5: I feel like the video isn't long enough. I feel like I feel the way he looks like I can almost say, like, man, maybe he really did have the ball, but the guy took it.
Speaker 1: But there's no proof.
Speaker 6: So what you can't prove, you can't sue for it. Like, that's my point.
Speaker 5: I believe this kid, like if he's like crazy enough to go to the lawsuit, I think in his head he really did have it, and I think maybe physically there was a point where he had it, but there's no video evidence of that, So I don't think this lawsuit is going anywhere.
Speaker 1: I believe he thinks he had the ball in his hand. I believe that.
Speaker 5: Like also other trend so University of Houston basketball coach Kelln Samson, he was talking about recruiting at the highest level. You of h the Koogs, they've been in the Final four, I think like three out of the last five years, or at least Elite eight.
Speaker 1: This is a.
Speaker 5: Program that a lot of people you know, are He's trying to recruit these top top recruits, and he says he needs a private plane, not because of convenience, because of necessity.
Speaker 6: He's like, these kids are in different states.
Speaker 5: If I've only got two or three days to be out, I can get to three kids in one day.
Speaker 6: Most of the schools in the Big twelve, like you of.
Speaker 5: HS now have their own planes. He's like, I had a plane. I had a pilot in Oklahoma. Like he's saying I need I need this, and most Cougar fans are like, keep this man a plane, like this is someone who has proven he knows what he's doing. So that's another trend. And then of course go to links and guests, because are looking at girls blog.
Speaker 1: Page doing well.
Speaker 6: Not as good as the Fanny.
Speaker 5: Friday, but those are the links you guys are clicking on. That's what's trending on Eddy four five to bucks.
Speaker 1: Pretty big day here. Not giving away just one pair of Metallica tickets, not just two, not three, four pair of Metallica tickets for the show June fourteenth when they come to town. It's been seven years since Metallic has played here. I think NRG Stadium.
Speaker 7: Now.
Speaker 1: Tickets will go on sale today at ten o'clock. If you want a pair of tickets, it's a pair of tickets number two from us.
Speaker 3: We're looking for calling number.
Speaker 1: Ten right now seven one three two one two five nine four five. While you're dialing, I'm gonna jump around a little bit. A wonderful, wonderful new tradition here on The Rod Ryan Show. Each and every Friday, we take just a little bit of time to jump around a bit with how's the pain? Good luck? Everybody? Ninety four or five? The bus, I love it. That's my morning caffeine right there, ninety four or five, the buzz, how's the pain? Jump around? Lots of phone calls this morning, Lots of people waiting on those phones right now. Good luck. I see nothing about a ten percent chance of rain. Sunny skies today. Highs up around ninety one, so you're gonna get tomorrow as well. Oh, I want to talk a little bit about the war the Wings. I'm going to be out live tomorrow Onion Creek on White Oak. I'll either from two to four. I'm bringing tickets to the anniversary show.
Speaker 3: But I know what you're waiting for.
Speaker 1: Good morning? Hello, Hello, who's this Josh Summers? How are you listening to the Rod Ryan Show this morning?
Speaker 15: On my car radio?
Speaker 1: I guess it's only radio people, old school. I guess it's only radio people that now I can get through here, Josh, your caller number ten. You got Metallica tickets.
Speaker 4: I'm so excited about this.
Speaker 1: I'm taking me and my wife. Have you seen Metallica before?
Speaker 20: I have not.
Speaker 1: Oh my, here's what some one person sent me. They went to go see them. They didn't know that there was going to be a Houston date, so they went I think maybe Chicago. And he said it was a bunch of old guys on stage with super high energy having a great time.
Speaker 17: And I said, I love that.
Speaker 1: I absolutely love that description.
Speaker 17: Perfect.
Speaker 1: Sounds great to me, dude, some major tickets. Listen. I know they're older, but they are aging like the Rolling Stones. They are our rolling Stones, if you think about it, my generation, that's our rolling Stones, the Metallica. They are so tight, they are so great live, Josh, It's like seeing them in their prime. It is I'll fight anybody on that. And I saw them back on the Monsters of Rock tour with Guns n' Roses and faith No More.
Speaker 3: I saw him back then. Okay, so you're gonna love the show.
Speaker 1: You're gonna love it, dude.
Speaker 9: I am so pumped for this.
Speaker 8: My wife I told her about it and she was like, that sounds fantastic.
Speaker 1: So I'm gonna surprise her with Dudes, You're gonna be a hero. Did ye you are?
Speaker 14: Dude?
Speaker 4: Yea.
Speaker 3: You should be a fun weekend.
Speaker 1: For you, Josh.
Speaker 4: I'm so excited.
Speaker 1: All right, all right, hang on the phone for me. Metallica tickets go on sale today at ten o'clock. They're play in June fourteenth, Energy Stadium.
Speaker 19: And uh.
Speaker 1: Jeez, I mean, Josh Pantera, I've not seen. I just I saw Pantera back in the day. That that is something that I do brag about to people. I brag about seeing dime Bag Daryl. Yeah, he was special. He just was this unbelievable guitar player and you just watched him and you watched him in amazement. He was so great. He was so unbelievable. Pantera right now they're opening up and then we got suicidal tendencies on our show, so that's huge. I talked about the great weather this weekend. I hope you're amped up for this weekend, guys. I know it's not eighties, it's low nineties. But tomorrow I'm gonna be an Onion Creek on White Oak. It's their third annual War the Wings. You can buy armbands for this right now, and what you do. What you get with that is you can walk around and help judge all the different wings. There's all different places making chicken wings tomorrow and then the winner there's like you know, top prizes and all that stuff. But you could. You could help the people's choice winner, the best decorated tent, the spiciest wing. The pre party starts at Onion Creek at noon, live music from Pack of Strays. They'll go on stage at two thirty. There's gonna be a steinhoisting contest. Have you seen one of these?
Speaker 5: I love these, Okay, I think you find out who's really tough.
Speaker 1: I it's fun because what you do. Alex is a betting guy. He got like six dudes up there. If you don't know what a steinhoisting contest is, you get one of those huge German shoopers. My dad would call that a shooper, a big huge stein. Fill it full of beer with the handle, and you got to just hold it out. You gotta descend your arm perfectly straight, and the person that can hold it up the longest is the winner. Yeah, and it's full of beer. They did it out in Kingwood at that pickle festival. It's pretty fun. Yeah, it's always a fun time. It's really fun and every guy thinks they can do it right right, I've never tried it before. Your shoulder has to be destroyed the whole day. I agree. It's just like the It's just like the milk contest. My buddy Pete did it years ago. He's like, dude, I think I can do it, and then afterwards he's like the next day he said, do it.
Speaker 3: I'm still hurting.
Speaker 1: He goes, I cut a white turd. He goes, I don't know. I'm sick. I don't know what made me think I could do it. I don't know what made me think I would feel good about myself doing it, and what my body would I would my body would react holding dining out. I want to try it, but I know my friend, my shoulder, don't embarrass yourself at home. You're gonna see me here on Monday in a swing, you know, with my one arm.
Speaker 5: I made my friend Melissa do it one time, and all did she last? She got second place. I forget the actual time.
Speaker 1: Was it a girl girl on girl? It was it was all. It was a it was a mix.
Speaker 6: It was a mix, and a dude did beat her, but she.
Speaker 5: Was She got second, but we were like screaming. I mean, the bar goes nuts, right because I was screaming for their friend.
Speaker 1: There's a wing eating contest that's going to be at around three. I don't know. I don't ask Chili to go to these things anyway, he tells you he's going. The betrayal is still fresh. Hat from Wednesday night. It was hot. I like that hat, dude.
Speaker 22: Remember, go ahead, I remember I did it last year.
Speaker 1: But I dropped that like at the six Wings. Why live streamed it on The Ryan Show? You guys hosted because I couldn't do it last year. Dan co host the wing eating contest or the Yeah, no, I did. I don't remember. It was just me. I thought you guys both did it. No, the we did the we did the year before after we did the gumbo. Yeah, the gumbo.
Speaker 6: We did the gumbo together.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he's always having part I did the I did the wing cook off last year. Okay, and you ate six wings, We're hot. That is not impressive. Well, Rot, I want to see you do it then. No, I can't eat a lot of food right now. No, daddy's tummy gets full. I love that for you. He's not hungry onion Creek. I'll be there from two to four. This is a good time to talk about who has six picks?
Speaker 10: Not me?
Speaker 1: Tessa just had it right, yep, Alex, all right, I'll take picks out there too, though. I'll take picks, but you have six picks this week and officially, officially, okay, do you want to swap. I'm doing something really cool next weekend. I'd be happy to swap with you. Okay, perfect, I'll do six picks this week. Okay, guys, come out and join me Onion Creek. I might go. I didn't listen. You've had the floor. I've seen you with your little handphones on and at the microphone. Do you think I even asked. I'm just saying I might surprising you. I'm not even gonna I know London's gonna ask is mister Chili coming?
Speaker 14: I might?
Speaker 1: Surely don't hang with me. I know, I don't know. I don't know. I just said I might surprise you. We'll just forget it at that right now, all right, I'll see you guys at Onion Creek tomorrow at two.
Speaker 23: Ryan Shown Experience Adventure into the Cosmic ninety.
Speaker 1: Four five The Buzz, Good Morning rod Ryan Show. On this free Beer Friday, another case of beer covered your way with a six pack of rod Ryan Show twenty anniversary party tickets. Then we'll have more Metallica tickets for you at A twenty and then the fourth and final pair will come on know the show before we get out of here. Now, I have a giveaway that I have committed to for twenty days and there wasn't any room for it on air. So if you're looking for the Academy Sports and Outdoors gift card, I have a two hundred dollars gift card right now. I'm looking at it. I got my phone out at Rob Ryan's show. There. I am hello, handsome, I'm over at Academy Sports. I went there yesterday and I went to my favorite section. It's the grilling section. Yeah, I have all that stuff. I still have shoes, dude, and you bought a new pairs.
Speaker 3: I bought a new pair shoes.
Speaker 1: Yes, I bought a new pair of Nikes. Nikes.
Speaker 6: You're like a sneak peek.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I got a lot of sneakers. I'm on my feet. I'm on my feet all day. So if you want to win to today's two hundred dollars gift card, you need to like the posts, you know what. I just like my own posts. I don't mind, hi yah, I don't care. Hi sick. I share it while you're at it, sick flex dude, your own channel. Okay, so a two hundred dollars gift card. You like the post, and then you tell me what's your favorite section in academy? Just what do you like to look at? You like the clothing stuff?
Speaker 19: Do you like?
Speaker 1: You know, the the jerseys. You know, people are telling me that they go to the weight area. Some guy said he's got to go and hit that punching bag.
Speaker 19: He goes.
Speaker 1: I can't walk by that went. I'll give it a few wraps. You know, I knew the same thing. The fishing section. Leah likes the shoes section. Chef Sean likes the camping gear and the cooking stuff. Pruit and Pruit likes the shoes section. The long dude likes the fishing section. Oh that's a that's bro, Brad. I think ye workout gear, shoes, astro, anything astros, A lot of fishing, A lot of fishing and camping.
Speaker 6: I like the camping section. I don't even like really camp a lot.
Speaker 1: I don't know you to camp at all?
Speaker 6: I glance you know that, Okay, But I go over there and I'm like.
Speaker 1: We'll get all at the Marriott.
Speaker 6: This would be so useful in the woods.
Speaker 1: Have you seen this stuff? They don't want your kerosene stove in the Marriotte. Okay, that doesn't go over it.
Speaker 19: Whatever.
Speaker 6: That's like so old.
Speaker 1: At rod Ryan Show Instagram, Houston's rock and Alternative.
Speaker 7: Morning show from six to ten am, ninety four or.
Speaker 1: Five ninety four five The Buzz, Good Morning, rod Ryan Show.
Speaker 3: That's Lincoln Park.
Speaker 1: The current version of the band, Lincoln Park is out on tour. They are going to be performing live November eighth, Globe Life Field in Arlington. Bad Omens, Jean Dawson and Helmet on the bill. Tickets will go on sale today at ten am at ticketmaster dot com. We gave away a pair of tickets this morning in Homeroom and then that's it. Now it's all about Metallica and the Anniversary Show, the two hottest tickets in the city. I'm very close to another six pack of Rod Ryan Show twentieth Anniversary party tickets that's going to go out with the eight o'clock beer. It'll be like that for the nine o'clock beer as well. Metallica tickets at eight twenty Metallica tickets on Know the Show and they'll also go on sale today at ten am. Nothing over a ten percent chance of rain, but it's gonna be sunny skies all weekend long low nineties. Tessa has Houston's headlines.
Speaker 5: The strongest hurricane to make landfall in the Big Bend area of Florida for the last one hundred and seventy into the last one hundred and seventy years. Came in as a Category four. Helene had sustained wins of two hundred and twenty five kilometers. I don't know why that's in kilometer. Sorry, I should have stepped stuck with the miles. But the serious portion of the story is that one million people were left with no electric power. It is now currently a tropical storm, still very dangerous hitting Georgia, hitting South Carolina. I believe three people have died as a direct result.
Speaker 6: Of Hurricane Helene.
Speaker 5: It The National Hurricane Center says flash flood emergency is in effect for Metro Atlanta this morning. The storm should weaken, but it's moving further inland. There's still damaging winds expected in parts of the southeastern US. So now the one million people initially without power, and now they're saying about two.
Speaker 6: Million customers without power in the Southeast.
Speaker 5: The majority of those are in Florida, about one point two million people. That's where they are in the dark in Florida. So that's what's going on with Helen. Meanwhile, workers at ports from Maine to Texas are set to strike and what could be the most disruptive walkout to the US economy in decades.
Speaker 1: That's right.
Speaker 5: The International Longshorreman's Association says this strike could happen next week. It would stop the flow of household goods, clothing, fruit, toys, cars, and other goods. They say, unless there's a new contract, they are going to walk out. If there's one thing that everyone can agree on, it's that tipping is.
Speaker 1: Out of control.
Speaker 5: And you survey asd Americans how many times they'd tip for services when they didn't really think it was necessary, and.
Speaker 1: The average response was forty times.
Speaker 5: That's right, forty times you've tipped even though you didn't even think you should.
Speaker 6: The person should be getting a tip to begin with.
Speaker 1: I think it's about right.
Speaker 5: It's a lot of pressure you move quickly, you're trying to move quickly. Sixty percent of people said they're just fed up with being asked to tip for different services at various businesses, and around the same percentage feel the pressure to tip. Tipping fatigue is also dragging down the average tip. Thirty eight percent of people say they usually tip restaurant service twenty percent or more, but that's down from forty three percent two years ago.
Speaker 1: I wonder what people that still work in an industry that relies on tips, are you feeling that, Because if you have tipping fatigue, it's across the board on all tipping. You're just sick of tipping. I wonder if it's hurting you know, waiters, waitresses, bartenders, those people that are not getting paid a regular wage where they're relying on those tips. I wonder if can you tell that the tipping fatigue has hurt you because those are industries industries that rely on tips. I think what you're kind of talking about and what I relate to is these opportunities to tip where that wasn't an opportunity before you want to tip. I mean you're standing, I'm standing should I tip?
Speaker 5: I've seen it for like like I get botox right and sometimes for the for the injector, like like I just don't want them to think I don't value what they do.
Speaker 1: Do you know what I mean? Like tipping a hair dresser has been a thing for a long time. Yeah. Absolutely.
Speaker 5: I think with service based industries, you do you are supposed to, like tip, But what's an example of something where.
Speaker 8: Its a service or is that just like you're paying for a service.
Speaker 6: Like, yeah, it's a it's a service, but.
Speaker 1: Is it does it go in the same envelope as the person that does your hair?
Speaker 6: I think you have to put it in service base.
Speaker 1: I don't know. I like, like your doctors. I don't tip my doctor.
Speaker 6: But it's not it's like a it's so you.
Speaker 1: Don't tip your dentist, right, you don't tip your dentist. I never have given them money.
Speaker 5: I feel terrible, but I'm trying to think of an instance where you.
Speaker 1: Like, what am I tipping for?
Speaker 5: Like to go like on to go orders, like a five bucker.
Speaker 1: For putting the order in a I go pick it up. I'm not tipping you. I don't care. That's the I'm standing your standing thing. Yeah you put in a bag, that's cool. Yeah, okay, yeah, listen, everyone's got thoughts on this. We could do four hours straight on it. Yeah, there's a link up on links and guests.
Speaker 5: Okay, okay, let's talk about hotocoffee job Choby. She announ said she's leaving the Today Show early next year. She's going to stay with NBC in some capacity, but she really didn't elaborate on.
Speaker 1: The show yesterday.
Speaker 5: She said it was her sixtieth birthday celebration over the summer that made her realize it was time to move on.
Speaker 6: She said she has her kids.
Speaker 5: She had her kids later in life, and she just thinks they deserve a bigger piece of her time. Pie She says, we only have a finite amount of time, so it was a very hard decision for her, but she will be leaving the Today Show.
Speaker 6: She was an NBC News correspondent.
Speaker 5: That's where she began in nineteen ninety eight with NBC, and then she became the inaugural host of the fourth hour of Today in two thousand and seven.
Speaker 1: I'm guessing that she's been pulling down eight ten million dollars a year for the last for the last eight years. She's set. But she's got a real strong brand too. I'll tell you what female Ryan seacrest on like. So she was on all of NBC. Yeah, you know she. I know Ellen went down. She was like the nicest person on the planet for a long time. Hoe A copy kind of has that where she's pretty universally loved. I don't know anybody that doesn't like Hoda. If you don't think about her, that's okay. But I think most people like her. She's very her brand is strong. She's got a couple of kids books out there. If she starts just like throwing her slapping her name on a few things, she's gonna She's fine right now without slapping her name on anything. She doesn't need to work one more day in her life. Yeah, so spend time with your kids, do it. I think it's perfect. Yeah.
Speaker 5: I'm going to miss her with Jenna Bush. I think that her and Jenna are center great team. Yeah, she's good.
Speaker 6: Good for her, good for her. It's scary.
Speaker 5: The Food Fighters will no longer perform at a Connecticut music festival this weekend. The band was set to headline the Soundside Music Festival in Bridgeport, but now they're being replaced by Jack White and Greta Van Fleet. So Food Fighters didn't give a specific reason for cancel.
Speaker 1: No why, but this is.
Speaker 5: Just two weeks after Dave Grohl revealed that he had fathered a child outside of his marriage.
Speaker 6: So yeah, those are Houston Sudlines.
Speaker 8: Taking Alex On Thursday Night Football, the Cowboys got by the Giants twenty to fifteen. The Texans are going to try and turn around their season after losing last week. They're going to play the Jaguars at home at Energy Stadium. Texans are six point favorites heading into this game. They're going to kick off that game at noon and you can watch it on CBS. In college football, we got some notable games in the schedule tomorrow, a lot of top twenty five matchups like Oklahoma State taking on number twenty three Kansas State, Number sixteen Notre Dame is going to face number fifteen Louisville. U of HL take on eighteenth ranked Iowa State in the big game of the weekend is going to be number two Georgia at number four Alabama. And baseball Astros are back in action tonight. They're gonna play their final series of the Red of the season against the Guardians, where now Blanco is gonna be on the mount for this shows, going up against Cleveland's Joey Cantello first pitches at six ' ten and you can listen to it on our sister station, Sports Talk seven ninety. That is what's going on in sports.
Speaker 1: Rock and alternative, The rod Ryan.
Speaker 7: Morning Show six to ten AM. The buzz.
Speaker 1: Free is good.
Speaker 17: You give some to me if you do.
Speaker 1: You want free?
Speaker 17: You know your shit, don't you? Bitch's sh Friday.
Speaker 2: It's Friday, Friday.
Speaker 1: Bam Friday.
Speaker 15: Love it free, Bam Friday.
Speaker 9: You got a free Bam Friday. You got a free Bam Friday. Free Bam Friday.
Speaker 10: Man Right, Bam Friday.
Speaker 1: Man, Right, Damn Friday.
Speaker 9: And right Bam Friday.
Speaker 1: Ryan, right right, Good morning, rod Ryan Show.
Speaker 9: Hello.
Speaker 1: Hey, who's this?
Speaker 4: Hey?
Speaker 10: This is Brian.
Speaker 1: You're colored ten bro.
Speaker 10: Oh great, I made it made.
Speaker 1: It through, you made it? Who am I talking to?
Speaker 10: Brian Carey?
Speaker 1: Brian? Where are you from?
Speaker 10: I was a katie.
Speaker 1: You got a handle on the situation. Here what we're giving away this morning? You got this though? You got it?
Speaker 19: Yes?
Speaker 9: I do. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Sure, it's a case of beer. Thank you, Specs. And then I'm throwing in an additional six pack. That six pack. Being rod Ryan showed twenty anniversary party tickets.
Speaker 10: Yeah, which is which is the main thing I was going for. I was there at the home run dugout hoping to win, but didn't get picked. Turned out.
Speaker 1: Now I got through you persisted, what wait you said your name was? You said your name was Brian Carey. Yes, Brian like C A R. E. Y. I would have said, if I would have pulled your name, I would have said Brian Carey. Yeah.
Speaker 10: And I know that you were really struggling saying the names. And I thought, you know what, if he picks mine, he's going to have no trouble saying saying my name. And I felt it very nicely.
Speaker 3: Too, Tessa.
Speaker 1: Yeah, like Eboor Stravinsky was there and he won tickets, and I mean, just you name it. What the hell Brian? You I was struggling with those names, struggling like why I wanted to go? Oh lord, all right, well listen, Brian, thanks for coming out. Who are you gonna bring? Do you know? Yeah?
Speaker 10: I know that, Oh sure, I mean I know that my daughter, who's a senior high school, really wants to go. She and I have been listening to your show for like the last ten years as a driver to school. Thank you, And I know I got a couple other friends who I know would love to go to are also big things for the show. Everybody's going to be really exciting.
Speaker 1: It's a pretty unique opportunity and such a hot ticket to now find yourself with six of them. Yeah, you can really, you know, have a good time, bring your own little crew, roll deep and have.
Speaker 14: A great time.
Speaker 1: That's awesome that you can bring your daughter. My daughter's going too. This is an all ages thing, and I listen, I have heard from so many people that were fortunate enough to win tickets and they're at this dilemma, like what do I do. There's you know, I have four people in the family, five people in the family, my best friend, I got three best friends. What do I do? I don't know. You have to make that decision, you know, just be lucky you have that pair. But Brian, you're in a great You're in a great spot right now. Congrats, Thank you.
Speaker 3: Very much, thank you.
Speaker 1: I imagine I'll be struggling with more names tomorrow as I will be at Onion Creek on White Oak.
Speaker 3: I'll ei there from two to four.
Speaker 1: I'm bringing the kid out to this one, too, So it is an all ages thing. But it's the third annual War of the Wings. There's a wing competition going down going down at Onion Creek where you can buy a wristband and you could be one of the judges. You can walk around and eat all the different chicken wings, and then there is going to be a chicken wing eating contest.
Speaker 3: And you know, DJ, live music, all of that stuff.
Speaker 1: Plus on top of all of that, excuse me, I'm there tomorrow two to four and I'm giving away a ton of tickets to the Rod Ryan Show twentyth anniversary party. So that's gonna be a good one.
Speaker 3: Weather's gonna be nice.
Speaker 1: Guys, Please, man, make plans to come out and join me tomorrow. The other big thing we're doing today is the Metallica tickets four pair today on the show on the flip of this break, pair number three given away before they go on sale today at ten Rock and Alternative Fair. Use to the rod Ryan.
Speaker 7: Morning Show six to ten AM. The Buzz, The.
Speaker 1: Buzz, Welcome back rod Ryan's Show. We'll get to those Metallica tickets in just a moment. Big morning here man, Thank you guys for spending your Friday morning with us. Is that official now? Alex, you and I we're swapping six picks. If you're cool with that. Yeah, that's cool because I measured there'll be some fun picks to take tomorrow over at Onion Creek. All right, I'm down for that.
Speaker 3: Pretty good.
Speaker 1: Look at weekend, guys, I see nothing about a ten percent chance of rain, sunny today, tomorrow and Sunday. So that's great news. Low nineties. That's our fall temperatures. What's trending? Do I see this right?
Speaker 5: You can win a two hudred dollars gift card on our instagram on the Rod Ryan Show Instagram.
Speaker 8: Look at that handsome devil that is a bald ahead.
Speaker 1: You're very happy. So I'm in my favorite section at Academy. There's a picture of me on our instagram at rod Ryan's show. Uh huh. If you like that, I mean, listen, I have to force you to like a picture of me, okay, to win. So I'm asking you, I am bribing you to like the picture of me. But also tell me what your favorite section of the store is. That part when it comes to Academy Sports and Outdoors, that's my favorite section. I love the grilling section. I love them all, but that's the one I go to first. I think I'm going to randomly select one of you at nine to fifty or Chili will grab one of you at nine point fifty. As we continue to celebrate twenty years of The Rod Ryan Show, twenty days, two hundred dollars from Academy Sports and Outdoors. So some of these comments are so good.
Speaker 6: So people are like camping food section, not camping gear.
Speaker 5: I hate camping, but I absolutely love the MRI style meals and the hydrated ice cream is.
Speaker 1: Also oh nice. Yeah, the gym equipment, a lot of fishing fitness, the running shoe section, fishing grilling. People go there, they say they do all their clothes shopping there. Yeah, I like this one. I like reading all your comments. So again, just follow the simple instructions. You could be the winner today of the two hundred dollars gift card by hitting us up at rod Ryan Show on Instagram. What else?
Speaker 5: Okay, I see why the Looking at Girls' blog page is doing really well. So last night, Shanaia Twain was the host for the People's Choice Country Awards, and she wore that iconic black outfit from the man I Feel Like a Woman video and she waked the top hat.
Speaker 6: She looks so good.
Speaker 3: It fits her like a glove.
Speaker 1: Still, I mean machine gun Kelly go on stage with her. Well, you know what he's doing. He's trying to get into the country space right now.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Everything.
Speaker 8: No, he was gonna hang out with Shania Twain. That's just like, that's a crazy combo. I didn't expect.
Speaker 5: He was just on the couch with Christina Aguilera singing, like doing the guitar for one of her hit songs. Yeah, so MGK is kind of all over the place. Also, Miranda, this is so I'm just reading from the.
Speaker 1: Looking Girl's blog page. It's so good.
Speaker 6: So Miranda Lambert won the Icon Award.
Speaker 3: At the People looks amazing.
Speaker 1: She looked amazing.
Speaker 5: But then if you scroll down to me, this should have been higher up because it's all over my for you page.
Speaker 6: The Cardi B Offset drama, Well.
Speaker 1: I put it on there. But she's cussing and swearing, and that's true, but she's not watched that at work. It's not work safe. There's a video of Cardi B cussing out Offset.
Speaker 5: She unloaded him on him on Instagram Live. She's like, I don't care what you do anymore like he's cheated on her so much times. She is a woman's scorn. It's just in time for Libra season that this is happening. So please, I implore you, I implore you to go to the Looking Girl's blog page and watch this.
Speaker 1: That's what's trending.
Speaker 3: Not trending, but very specific.
Speaker 1: It's morning show host day, ah today, thank you? So I guess that includes us.
Speaker 3: Today is national morning show host.
Speaker 1: Good morning, Good morning to you too. You're auful early. They're weird that way. Green host is one tough job. It's a separate world for freaks.
Speaker 13: They have completely gone off the deep m yes, happy morning show host day.
Speaker 1: Here's your host completely Uh, here we go. It's for a hot to copy. That's alry, goodbye to hot to copy. She's a morning show host. I guess it goes for TV and it didn't say radio specific.
Speaker 3: So any morning show host it's.
Speaker 1: Their day today. Oh this is a good one. All right, guys. I got Metallica tickets. This is our third pair up for grabs right now. Metallic is played June fourteenth, twenty twenty five.
Speaker 3: NRG Stadium.
Speaker 1: Tickets go on sale today at ten a m If you'd like a pair of tickets before they go on sale, I'll take call at number ten right now.
Speaker 3: Seven one three two one two five nine four five.
Speaker 1: Good luck. Hey, we don't need your attitude. We have one of our own, The rod Ryan Show on ninety four fives of us ninety four to five, the bus Papa Roach getting away with Murder rod Ryan Show on a free beer Friday. Here we are left with one case of beer, but that beer will come with a six pack of tickets to the rod Ryan Show twentieth Anniversary Party. We'll get to that at about thirty minutes from now, straight up at nine o'clock, and then we will leave you on nother show with Metallica tickets. And what's the creamy filling in between those rod Ryan Show tickets and the Metallica tickets? It's you. The creamy filling will be open phones Friday, okay, between those two wonderful tickets sandwiches in the nine o'clock hour. I can't wait for you, guys. I can't wait for all of your cream to fill that those sandwiches don't say that? Is that not good?
Speaker 6: I want the check the tape, actually delete the tape.
Speaker 1: All of your wonderful, creamy filled calls on the nine o'clock hour, open phones Friday. I look at the nine o'clock hour like a wonderful sandwich. Okay, like an ice cream sandwich. Okay, sun these guys today ten percent chance of rain.
Speaker 3: Hip ninety one.
Speaker 1: That's today, tomorrow and Sunday. Pretty sweet. Oh, I got tickets right.
Speaker 3: Now, old chill. He's working those phones.
Speaker 1: Man, Good morning, Hey, good morning. What's up?
Speaker 19: Oh man?
Speaker 14: I can't even speak right.
Speaker 1: Now, Yeah you can. You're gonna have to. What's your name? James? James. I'm asking people today, almost everybody, how are you listening to the Rod Ryan Show this morning? Meaning through the magic box?
Speaker 3: You so you're a radio guy radio?
Speaker 14: Absolutely?
Speaker 1: And I like that because that's a reference from earlier this week I talked about that iView radio. It is a magic box. It's a magical box still to me, it was a magic box when I was a kid, and Harry Am at fifty five and I'm still thinking it's a magic box.
Speaker 3: Hey, James, your caller number ten.
Speaker 1: Congratulations dude, Metallica, So awesome, dude, Metallica. And then I'm not saying it enough Pantera is opening and suicidal tendencies. It's in such an unbelievable triple bill. It's triple awesomeness. Dude, congratulations, you're off this though to the show now listen. It's not until next year, next summer, but still June fourteenth. You don't get to worry about all that nonsense that people getting tickets. All right, you're in.
Speaker 4: Man.
Speaker 1: That is so awesome. Thank you very much, man, Thank you so much for listening to the show. I appreciate you being a part of what we do here today. Thank you, thank you.
Speaker 3: Good day, James, have a great weekend.
Speaker 1: Thank you. Okay, No, the show is your next Metallica opportunity, free beer Friday's your next Rod Ryan Show twenty anniversary opportunity. You an email with you guys. Do you remember it might have been two weeks ago now. It was like, how did rod get scammed? Today? And I was sharing some scams that were happening to me.
Speaker 5: You were getting scammed at least once a day.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And the one was a phone call that I really wasn't sure for a little while. I got a phone call from an unlisted number. Why did you pick up? I don't know I did. It didn't say spam, but it was an unlisted number and I picked up and it was a guy claiming to be a deputy here in town, which I later looked up there using real names here. But I was told that I skipped jury duty and I had signed for it. They wanted me to come down and prove my signature and otherwise they were going to issue a warrant for my arrest. They even sent me a warrant to my phone. As I was talking to the dude on the phone. How convenient. The Amber sent me an email said, oh my god, Rod, so how the email starts. I just wanted to say a quick thank you for your story a few mornings back about your fake arrest, Warren. Honestly, if I had not heard your show today would have freaked me out even more. I live in Chambers, Chambers County. This particular person told me pretty much the same information that you shared on the air. The wildest part is the name they gave us is an employee of the Sheriff's department. They use real names, of course.
Speaker 5: They say they want you to google it, verify it really quickly, and then they've got you so she.
Speaker 1: Said, Rod, this is insane. I was for sure flustered at first. Then I used my same tactic that you did about the main office number. He gave me a bogus number, and then of course started to get a tad irritated and reminded me that I was on a recorded line. Then he hung up on me. This guy sounded one hundred percent Legit even sounded like someone from the area. Did my research, made some calls good news, no citation or arrest warrant.
Speaker 10: Huh.
Speaker 1: Thank you for keeping us in the not It helped me for sure. Longtime listener, she was in the pre Labor Day bikini contest and back in twenty thirteen. Oh wow, it's Amber. She's a sock sox, shoes, shoe, gairl, toothbrush, toothpaste, water brush? What toothbrush? Toothpaste, water brush? Yeah, so it happened to me. And then I've noticed I've gotten more voicemails with the same scam. Hey, this is officer blah blah blah. This is an important message. Please call us back. When the guy called me and we actually talked on the phone, he said, listen, this is a real serious thing, and I was second guessing myself. Did I sign for something he said I did?
Speaker 3: And it wasn't just regular jury, dude.
Speaker 1: He was for a real important case and I was in big trouble for it, and he was going to issue a warrant. And as I was talking to him, I was fifty to fifty that this was a scam. But then I still, you know, I was being respectful. I'm always respectful with the blue And what she said she did is what I did. I said, give me the number of the main office. If you're telling me that you're at your desk right now, give me the main office number and I will asked to speak with you. Pick up and then we'll do business. But other than that, this is going to end here. And he's like, do not hang up the phone, sir. If you break this, I will have to I will be forced to issue that warrant. I said, give me the number now, and I'm still not cussing him out or anything. He gave me a number. I hung up. I called that number. It was a bogus number.
Speaker 3: Of course, that was my thing.
Speaker 1: I just hit me now. You guys were here in the studio. It happened during a song remember, oh yeah, So there was a guy on the phone. I hit it. I go, I wonder if this is one of those calls. You guys heard it. I put it on speakerphone, same thing. This is officer fill in the blank, we have a warrant for your arrests. Blah blah blah blah blah. And I then I laid into him. I laid I laid into him. You guys started screaming blah blah blah. Another thing about it is at these people have information. He started rattling off people that are in my family. He started rattling off names. He knew that my father had passed away. They're doing their information. They've got your address, they have your home add.
Speaker 6: They had public information that is out there on you.
Speaker 1: What is a scam? And Amber heard it on the air, which, even if it helped out one person, I'm glad that I took the time to share that with you because the other scam that I had discussed was when somebody had sent me an email and there was like a Google Maps picture of my house. It's just like a small little picture of the back corner of my house and they said, we know where you live. We know what kind of filthy you've been looking at online, and we're going to release it to all of your contacts.
Speaker 3: You know, we laughed this stuff off.
Speaker 1: There was a story not that long ago that a kid was involved in this scam. He was a high schooler and listen, I want to keep it light tight and right here on a Friday. But I'm smart enough to say, Hey, no big deal. Listen, I don't care you're going to send out You're going to tell people that I watch porn. I don't care. But this kid got this same thing. It's been in the news. It's the national news news story. It's not even three weeks old. In the time that he got the email, it wasn't two hours later. The kid had killed himself because he did not want that information released. They found the scammers. These kids are responsible for a person's death because they were trying to build him out of money. They were trying to scam him out of money because of something similar. We know what you've been looking at. We have all your context. This is completely black mirror, you know. So when I talked about that scam, I had ten people say, Rod, I got that same email. They had a picture of my house. They got my address. They said, the exact same thing. A lot of scams out there. Just be vigilant. Okay, I know that we're all smart. I'm just so sensitive to these things because my mom's old and she's lonely, right and she's willing to talk to anybody on the phone right now. Even as smart as she is, as smart and sharp as attack as my mom is, she still thinks she's talking to Henry Kville on Facebook.
Speaker 5: She thinks it's him, well, because she wants to yes, And I wouldn't that be nice?
Speaker 1: And right when you're Then this is where I caught my mom. She asked me about out what's an Apple card? I said, why do you need to know that? Why? No, big deal? I go, I'm not going to treat you like a child. Why do you ask? Is somebody asking you for some sort of a card?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 1: And I couldn't get it out of her, but I said, do not send anybody anything, Mom, Do not do this ever, ever, because that's what they want. They want. How could they.
Speaker 3: Possibly talk you out of a prepaid card?
Speaker 1: How could anybody think that's a good idea, you know, because that's just free money, you know, she was asking you about an Apple card. I'm like, just do not get involved in any of that. All right, guys, thank you for sharing that. I'm glad we helped one person out.
Speaker 8: All Right.
Speaker 1: The rest of the ride is light, tight and bright. Baby, it's ninety four or five the buzz, all right, ninety four or five, the buzz eap six and inside out. Okay, guys, you pretty much know a layout. I've talked about that delicious ticket sandwich that's going to happen in the not o'clock hour. Nobody here really appreciated the metaphor. But tickets on the top, tickets on the bottom, and then you guys as the filling in the nine o'clock hour, beer case of beer at a six pack of brod Ryan Show twenty anniversary party tickets nine o'clock. Last thing we do is give away Metallica tickets. There's your two tops in bottom. That's your top and bottom, and then you guys in the middle. Open phones Friday. I know a lot of people want to talk about a lot of things in open phones. They've already kind of tipped say that they're going to call in. They got to talk about this event. This event anything you want to push, promote, plug any of that. That's what the nine o'clock hours for. Man, we will be here for you that entire hour. I can't wait.
Speaker 4: Buzz Rock and.
Speaker 7: The Rod Ryan Morning Show six to ten am, thirty.
Speaker 1: Four to five the Buzz Welcome back. Choked, So get your in order?
Speaker 10: All right?
Speaker 17: All right?
Speaker 7: Do you?
Speaker 1: What is it? Chot and a taint? The same thing for you?
Speaker 6: Choe's a road that has traffic on it right now?
Speaker 1: I mean, what's a choke to you? There's I thought it was choed. It chose, sounded like chose.
Speaker 6: Okay, too many times saying it cho choked.
Speaker 1: Choke, chody, choo, choy, chody, chot, choke, tod choke, cho chod, chody, chod choby tody choke. Okay, sorry, Tate. Oh, It's just another Friday here on The rod Ryan Show. More beer, More Rod Ryan Show twenty anniversary party tickets, more Metallica tickets. Yeah, and then more of you your phone calls all morning are all nine o'clock hour long as we get into uh open showed Friday, Sunny Today, ten percent chance of rain, Hive ninety one one. Final time, Houston's headlines. Please, Okay, we'll start with the serious stuff.
Speaker 5: At least six people are dead in the aftermath of Hurricane Helen. One person was killed in Tampa last night after a highway sign fell into their vehicle. Another two people are dead in Georgia after a possible tornado hit a mobile home, and two more were confirmed dead this morning in Georgia the result of trees falling on mobile homes. The sixth step is being reported in North Carolina. So Helene is now a tropical storm and it's still disrupting flights throughout the southeast, which of course have a ripple effect. You got the Carolina, I mean the Charlotte Airport reporting cancelations and delays of hundreds of flights, both leaving and arriving. Cancelations and delays are also being reported at Tampa and Hartsville Hartsfield Jackson International that's in Atlanta.
Speaker 1: Also.
Speaker 5: New York City Mayor Eric Adams is expected to plead not guilty in court today. He has an arraignment on federal corruption charges. Prosecutors yesterday hit Adams with a fifty seven page indictment claiming he accepted lavish gifts. He accepted trips from Turkish officials looking to buy his influence.
Speaker 1: If you need to pick me.
Speaker 5: Up before the early NFL games on Sunday, it's National Coffee Day as well. We've got a few ways for you to score a free cup of Joe. Krispy Kreme has free coffee on Sunday with any purchase. Duncan Rewards members can get a free medium coffee with any purchase.
Speaker 6: Do we have a piezz They're giving out small cups of coffee.
Speaker 5: Curig will give you twenty percent off all the earth all their coffee pods on their website if you use their code which is on the blog page.
Speaker 1: There's a lot of good deals.
Speaker 5: But there's also the annual ranking of the best coffee cities in America.
Speaker 6: Houston snubbed in my opinion, Austin.
Speaker 1: Is in the top ten.
Speaker 6: But there are some great local joids here.
Speaker 5: So uh yeah, the big the bigger companies, they have these cute deals, but I say go in and support your local brewer, your little coffee brewer around here.
Speaker 1: They've got great deals too.
Speaker 5: Corey Feldmon is going through a divorce right now and his estranged wife, Courtney, wants five thousand dollars a month in spousal support. He currently pays her around two grand, but she says no, no, no, no, no, he can afford more because he brings in six figures a month.
Speaker 6: Courtney says he's.
Speaker 1: He says he makes.
Speaker 5: Courney says that Corey makes more than two hundred and eighty thousand dollars in movie and TV residuals in touring all the appearances in the merch. Cordy says their marriage ended once she said no to doing recreational drugs in their party lifestyle. Corey Corny got married in twenty sixteen and they separated last year.
Speaker 1: Did you guys tell me that neither one of you have ever seen a Cory Cory movie. I've never seen no like the two Corries in the same say. No, they were in a bunch of movies like License to Drive. I thought you the documentary.
Speaker 8: Oh no, no, no no.
Speaker 1: But I think you guys have told me that you've never seen the two Corries act together. No, I don't believe so. I mean they were a juggernaut back in the day. They were in the original Lost Boys together. Really, yeah, that Lost Boys? Okay, you've seen it. That's my favorite two Double Cory Movest Boys like One Time, Great Back.
Speaker 5: The Oasis will reportedly play several shows in North America next year.
Speaker 6: The cities have been announced, but not the date.
Speaker 5: So if I go over to the music blog page, I can click this link and you'll see their tour that's on the books already over ease. But it says Oasis will bring the reunion toward to international cities including Toronto, Chicago, East Rutherford that's in New Jersey, Boston, LA, and Mexico City.
Speaker 6: So your closest one is going to be Mexico City.
Speaker 3: Here, I didn't even think about that. You're right, Yeah, that was closest to us.
Speaker 6: Yeah, that's like a two hour flight.
Speaker 1: You've been there. It's wonderful. It's highlight, foody city. You would love it. You would love it. I mean it's like Mexico. That's I mean, what you can get around, You're fine. While as to New merow De telephone four.
Speaker 6: Seasons downtown, everyone speaks English.
Speaker 1: Okay, That's what I'm asking, Yes, go okay, because maybe learn a little bit more than season weather.
Speaker 6: I knowiente Okay that you're just like you're like Alex in Spanish.
Speaker 1: Okay, I'm gonna have to get out and get oasis. Those are Houston Sidlines taking Alex.
Speaker 8: On Thursday football, the Cowboys got by the Giants twenty to fifteen. The Texans are going to try and rebound from their first loss of the season on Sunday when they host the Jaguars at NRG Stadium. Texans come into this game as six point favorites. Kickoff is at noon and you can watch the game on CBS. In college football, we've got some pretty big, notable games on the schedule Tomorrow. Number twenty Oklahoma State's gonna play twenty third ranked Kansas State. We got sixteenth rank Notre Dame taken on number fifteen Louisville. UFH is gonna host eighteenth ranked Iowa State. And the big game of the weekend is number two Georgia at number four Alabama. That game is gonna kick off at six thirty tomorrow night on ABC. And baseball Astros are back in action tonight. They're gonna play their final series of the regular season against the Guardians. Renew Blanco is gonna be on the mop for the Strows, going up against Cleveland's Joey Cantillo first pitch is at six ' ten. You can listen to the game on our sister station, Sports Talk seven to ninety.
Speaker 1: That is what's going on in Sports.
Speaker 13: Houston's Rock Houston's Alternative All Day and The rod Ryan Morning Show ninety five.
Speaker 9: Vam Faday, Bam Friday. You got a free Bam Friday. You got a free Bam Friday, Free Bam Friday, and right Bam Friday and right Bam Friday and free Bam Friday.
Speaker 1: Ryan Day, Right, Good Morning, rod Ryan Show. Do Do Do Do Do Do Do Do Do? Good Morning, rod Ryan Show.
Speaker 7: Good morning.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, why wouldn't you answer me? Why are you giving me a hard time on the phone?
Speaker 8: Guy?
Speaker 1: Oh, I'm sorry.
Speaker 10: I didn't know what you're talking to me.
Speaker 1: I mean, yeah, talking to you?
Speaker 17: Talking to you?
Speaker 22: Bro?
Speaker 1: What's your name?
Speaker 10: Tyler?
Speaker 1: You're calling me? You're calling me right.
Speaker 4: Here, I'm calling you.
Speaker 1: I feel like I'm like, hey, hey, Tyler, you have an arrest Warren out? Did you skip Jerry Duty? I feel like I'm calling you like some scammer.
Speaker 8: Guy.
Speaker 1: You called me? You called me? Right? Yes, I'm sorry, don't be sorry.
Speaker 3: You're called ten.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, I'm gonna give you beer, and I'm gonna throw on a six pack of Rob Ryan shown twenty f aniversary party tooken. Oh man, heck ya, thank you. It's amazing.
Speaker 10: Tyler.
Speaker 3: Tell me a little bit about you. Where are you from?
Speaker 7: I'm from Kingley?
Speaker 1: Okay? You sound younger? Am I right on that? Four twenty four? Okay? All right? So what are you doing up nine o'clock?
Speaker 7: Oh? I'm at work.
Speaker 9: What do you do?
Speaker 1: I do plumbing? Awesome, it's a real skill. That's a man's skill.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Listen, bro, you and five of your pals or you know what you should bring, dude, Tyler? You should roll deep.
Speaker 3: You should just bring five chicks with you.
Speaker 1: Yes, Tyler, I want you in like a kid rock fur coat. Okay, and I want I want three chicks on one side and two on the other. And you're just like, hey, Tyler, here, I will know. I will know who you are when I see you. You're just rolling with your bees, rolling with your bees.
Speaker 3: What do you think about that, Tyler? Yeah?
Speaker 1: Sounds good.
Speaker 24: I gotta at least bring my boy Mark though it's his anniversary for his wedding, I'm gonna hook him up with a couple of tickets.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, Mark, just one, and then four chicks.
Speaker 6: No, no, no, Mark, his relationship that's very secure.
Speaker 1: And then the chick. But yes, but use it as your bachelor party, like you, your boy and four strippers come to the anniversary show, and then you knock out an amazing party, his bachelor party. You knock it all on at once. But you guys both have to wear fur cooks. Yes, there you go, long white rabbit rabbit fur Okay, no faux fir all right, phony phony rabbit fur coats. Tyler, you and your boy and the strippers. He said, what a great time, dude, Tyler, thanks for listening. Yes, sir, thank you, guys, thank you, Tyler, thank you. Toyma's gonna have fun if any of that comes true, if anything at all that was said on that dumb phone call, so legit, if anything happens, he's gonna have a good time, him and his boy that's getting married. Okay, So we find ourselves in this weird situation right now, Julie. Since we started giving away six packs of tickets with free beer Friday, have we had one legit call after? Because what happens is people are just still they're so focused on winning the tickets and the beer. They're not calling for open phones right now.
Speaker 22: Bro, Hey free beer Friday and open phones in the state, just that nine.
Speaker 1: O'clock hour, because hey, we already gave the beer away. Yeah. They yell in my ear like it's my fault. It's like, you're calling at nine ten asking for the beer, Bro, kind of is your fault. I mean, you're the first line.
Speaker 6: Of defense till it's not.
Speaker 1: You're the front lines.
Speaker 9: Bro.
Speaker 22: Every call that I'm answering right now is like, well, why didn't you answer my call?
Speaker 1: I was like, I'm on the phone with you. You're calling at nine ten. The beer was giving away at nine o'clock. Well it's nine oh seven. All right, let's see. I don't think we're gonna get anything for open phones right now.
Speaker 3: Open phones for Friday, open phones for Friday? More like open phones Friday?
Speaker 4: Yay?
Speaker 1: Were we gonna talk to Sean? Where we gonna talk to Sean about the car show?
Speaker 7: You know what?
Speaker 22: It's like my minds as I was busy answering phones, like they say, I don't do okay, So I'm.
Speaker 1: Gonna call them right now. Listen, Sean putting together the Boobs Rock Car Show again. Okay, it is next Saturday. We have thirty three preregistered cars. You can show up the day of and you can register your car. It is the Boobs Rock Car Show and Sean is doing all the work again. We're going to be at Mancuso, Harley Davidson Crossroads and what Sean talked me into doing because he's got the top twenty, He's got awards for the top twenty vehicles that are going to be out there. There's cash prize for first, second and third. Just best hot rod car, old rat rod, whatever you want, it doesn't matter what you bring out there. Okay. He asked if we could possibly get some anniversary show tickets to add to the awards. I said yes. He said, what about it if you did like a fifty to fifty raffle where you know, the house keeps half the money, the house meeting the charity.
Speaker 6: Remember when we had to sell tickets to that raffle.
Speaker 7: Huh?
Speaker 1: Yeah? He said, what have you added Rod Ryan Show fivenniversary party tickets to that raffle? And I said, okay, I'll do that. And he said, could you bring any extra tickets and people could just sign up. He's wanting more people to come to the Boobs Rock Car Show, so registration. You can register your vehicle day of eight am, starting at eight am at Mancuso Harley Davidson Crossroads. Okay, I think Deb's coming out to sell t shirts. You can go to Boobsrockcarshow dot com, boobsrockcarshow.
Speaker 3: Dot com and then oh, well, there he is. I think I covered everything.
Speaker 1: Hey, Sean, you did all my homeworks for me at name Boy.
Speaker 3: Well, I was paying attention during our meeting yesterday.
Speaker 1: Sean from West Houston Muscle and Nerd Tropolis always doing all the heavy lifting.
Speaker 3: I think I covered everything.
Speaker 1: There's no there's no different categories for the cars, right, It's just like who's got the coolest car?
Speaker 4: It's the top twenty.
Speaker 15: We're doing twenty wards this time because it is All's twentieth a Dinverse. We opt up the awards. We're gonna have cash award.
Speaker 10: It's doing a great time.
Speaker 4: All makes, the.
Speaker 15: Models are welcome. We're gonna pick twenty overall and then a top three go home, but cash prizes and we'll have some other good stuff. And yeah, I'm glad I can be on the air because I'm a middle of nowhere out here and Decatur off roading some vehicles. I'm in this off road park, so I'm glad to have things a lot here to talk.
Speaker 14: To you all.
Speaker 1: Well, that's awesome, and you missed it where I said, Man, you know you do so much work for us, and you you I know you do this with West Houston Muscle all the time.
Speaker 3: But this car show, all the proceeds, every.
Speaker 1: Penny of it. Okay, Sean doesn't take any money. All the money he probably winds up in the hole doing this thing, but all the money goes to Dy Anderson. Okay, all the money's gonna go to our booge Rock. It's gonna go through the Rod Ryan Showkeers Foundation, and uh yeah, it's exciting.
Speaker 10: Man.
Speaker 1: Next Saturday we're getting into like nice weather, and this is kind of a thing you can bring up the whole family and I know my kids already looking forward to it. So Sean, thank you so much. And I can't wait. If you need anything else I got. I secured all those tis too that you had asked for, So we're gonna give it. We're gonna be giving away some anniversary show tickets out there and we'll get them involved in the raffles and as part of the prizing for the for the hot rods.
Speaker 15: Okay, yeah, we're have a great time. But everyone's just preregister at Boos rockcarshow dot.
Speaker 1: Com and that's it. We're good to go. That's it. Awesome all right, Sean, thank you so much. Man, have a great weekend. And there you have it. Open Phones Friday is off and running. Everyone I can see is still calling for beer and tickets. All right, let me hang up on that. Let me take a short break, and when we come back, we will get to your phone call. And what is it that you would like to talk about? Open Phones Friday? Man, the hour is yours, everything but begging for tickets rock and Alternative fair USTI The Rod Ryan Morning.
Speaker 7: Show six to ten am, The Buzz.
Speaker 3: Rod Ryan Show.
Speaker 1: Now I see we have a full bank of calls to get to Open Phones Friday. I will get to all of you after this.
Speaker 7: Online.
Speaker 1: It's Alix online nine five. Oh, I brought what you got?
Speaker 8: Will you sent this one to me bright and early this morning, so I was like, hell, let's just knock out AOL already. Yeah.
Speaker 1: I didn't know if you needed a little help today or not. But I thought it looked a little interesting.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 8: It's called birthday weather and you just type in your birthday and where you were born, and it will tell you what the weather.
Speaker 1: Was the day you were born.
Speaker 17: Oh I like that.
Speaker 1: It was a cool breath night, my daughter's spirit day. If she would type this and she can't type right now. Yeah, she's getting a little behind there, really taking Vanish. She can't type yet. Okay, I've been working on the bilingual part.
Speaker 8: So June fifteenth, twenty twenty four, it was ninety degrees and drizzling in Houston.
Speaker 6: It was a drizzly ninety degree.
Speaker 1: We'll always have this website.
Speaker 8: She'll be able to go back and my dad, what was the weather when I was like, well, honey, go check out today my aol well hobby, the well finish tyrant.
Speaker 1: Second. But you know there's somebody listening that was born during one of these storms. I know for sure. Hurricane babies I've heard from two I've heard, well, hurricane babies are more like made while they're hurricane. It's because there's nothing else to do. But people that are born during hurricanes, I know that there's two listeners that were born during Hurricane Allison. Okay, because they've told me that their parents told him all about it, that you know, power was out, their mom's giving birth to them. So this is pretty interesting. If you do have like a crazy weather.
Speaker 8: Day, Yeah, so you we gonna check it out. See how the weather was in your birthday. The well finish rod Ryan showpage at the buzz dot Com.
Speaker 1: I will do it. You're in luck. It's open phones Friday. All right, let's go over to these phones now. Now we can get the tickets and the beer out of our system. Now we got Chris, he knows how to play.
Speaker 17: Hi Chris, Good morning, rod Ryan Show Family.
Speaker 1: Good morning to you. Chris. You're on the air.
Speaker 25: Oh man, I had to use the secret line to get through.
Speaker 3: Okay, I'm going to hang up on your ass.
Speaker 1: No, no, no, And the tunnels aren't real. I missed that.
Speaker 3: Okay, they're not real, right, go ahead.
Speaker 8: No.
Speaker 25: I wanted to pull up my son's triple A game Saturday, wishing him luck my son Cohen.
Speaker 1: I'm the guy that does the radio announce your voice for the game changer out. I can't tell that you're a radio announcer at all.
Speaker 25: And then every time we listen all morning when I'm dropping them up at school, have four hour listener and uh, I always do impressions of everyone on the radio. They're like, you should call rod Ryan on Friday and do it, and I'm like, I will.
Speaker 1: Try so, but I got through Teresa was doing some sort of a contest. Did you ever find that audio of Amy doing that? I didn't have a time.
Speaker 8: Yeah, like when you're just saying, hey, I did a think I needed a specific time.
Speaker 1: I can't just like listen to twenty four hours of radio, gotcha?
Speaker 10: So what do you do?
Speaker 1: An impression of Chris?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 17: I mean, I have you the Smashing Pumpkin.
Speaker 1: That that's pretty good? All right? Then Alex.
Speaker 8: Is Alex.
Speaker 1: He just always kind of sounds drunk, but I know he's not.
Speaker 3: It does sound a little wasted, all right, Chris, Thank you very mud.
Speaker 1: Julian, you're next up on open Phones. Good morning, what's up brother? That's an announcer Mexican sasquatch, I know, the Mexican sasquatch. That's a that's an announcer voice right there, like Jesus Christ. The other guy's kind of the other guy's laying it on this guy just like naturally. Sounds amazing. Julian, I haven't had you on in a long time. How are you doing well?
Speaker 2: Man?
Speaker 1: I just started a new business.
Speaker 12: It's a clothing brand and accessories called I Cook Bacon Naked dot Com.
Speaker 1: I got a second, give me the name again. It's I Cook Bacon Naked dot com. You know it's splatters, right like, it's splatters and it's very dangerous. How do you think we came up with it? Julian looks like he sounds he's a big dude. Yeah, he is a large man, all right? Is that the Is that the website that we go to? Is that the face? That's the website? It's it's the Instagram, the Facebook, it's all of that. That's awesome. Okay, bro, I can't wait to check I can't wait to check out your stuff. Man, Thank you.
Speaker 3: I wish you the best. Uh, Jimmy your next up on Open Phones?
Speaker 2: Yo?
Speaker 4: Brother, Rah, what's happening up?
Speaker 1: Jimmy? You're on the air, man, it's your time. What would you like to talk about?
Speaker 5: Hi?
Speaker 4: So, first of all, I just want to let you know I got the iHeart lag timed out.
Speaker 1: Oh you figured it out, dude.
Speaker 4: Man, So whenever you said earlier that it was nine oh seven, my phone said nine to twelve. But also, everybody who who's bitching and complaining about the lag, they're just not trying hard enough. So I've got an alarm set for five fifty nine, six fifty nine, seven fifty nine, and eight fifty nine for the band. I start calling, man, and it's I mean hundreds of times each time. Yeah, they just ain't trying hard.
Speaker 1: If you think you're a few minutes behind, and you hear, like, let's let's use this for an example. I know what you're saying. If if we're giving away, like next week, we're gonna do this again, We're gonna I'm gonna do a case of beer, thank you, Specs, and a pack of Rod Ryan Show twenty anniversary tickets. If you hear if you think you're two three minutes behind, which I don't know if you are not, you might be. But if you really when you hear him wrapping up sports, start calling hang out, you know, like, start calling everyone's trying to figure it out. I don't think you need to figure it out. The example I used today Jimmy was after we said call you know, call now there was a.
Speaker 3: Four minute song.
Speaker 1: By the time Jillie gets around to getting to call her number ten, that lag and all the delays have caught up. And I listen, we got great tickets to give away, so this is a great thing to argue and discuss. I appreciate you, Jimmy. Anything else?
Speaker 10: Hey, yeah, man, So.
Speaker 4: I got one more thing. We've been listening to you on iHeart as we've been traveling around the country for the past year.
Speaker 3: Thank you, well, yeah man, And.
Speaker 1: So are you just on the road? Are you're not working anymore? You're just kind of driving around traveling.
Speaker 4: So luckily been able to work remotely. So we we grabbed an RV a year ago and we just decided, while the kids are real little, let's take them around the country. And so my wife started a traveling blog. It's called traveling Texans dot com.
Speaker 1: So with no g in there, and yeah, man.
Speaker 4: She's got all kinds of tips and stuff on there for trying to do this this thing with kids.
Speaker 1: You guys are living my dream. I think you get along my kids. You guys don't argue when you're driving. You and your wife.
Speaker 10: Dude, Dude, that's a whole different right there.
Speaker 4: So no, it's a lot of togetherness. The only time when you're not together is when it's intentional. You don't have like accidental like time a part or anything.
Speaker 1: Well, you know, I thank you, Jimmy. It sounds fine. I mean, you know, there's a reason I have an ex wife. We couldn't back out of the driveway without arguing. I mean, we couldn't be in the car together going. That's amazing. Alexis good morning, Hi, good morning, Good morning to you. You're on open phones Friday. What do you want to talk about?
Speaker 7: So?
Speaker 14: I want to give a shout out to my boyfriend, Jimmy, not the last guy that's just called oh this baby girl from like two weeks ago. He wanted the free beer and a couple of tickets to the anniversary parties. So I love you, baby, and I just wanted to give him a shout out.
Speaker 1: That's really sweet. I tweeted out a picture of you guys.
Speaker 5: Y'all are actually a disgusting couple because you're really cute.
Speaker 1: So I guess I guess he's taking you to the party, is what you're telling me? Or is this call to make sure that he's buttered up just enough to make sure that he does take you.
Speaker 3: Is that what this calls about.
Speaker 14: No, he's for sure taking me. We boys have been trying forever, like we both called over two thousand times probably, and he finally made it through. So I'm so happy and I literally screamed at work.
Speaker 1: So that's great. All right, Well, thank you, thank you to Pooky and Schmook. That's another line open. If you want to get through on open phones Friday seven one, three, two and two five, nine four five, it must be the buzz okay, ninety four or five. The Buzz is good morning, Rob Ryan's Show, nine thirty one, getting all your phone calls for getting all of them today. I just wanted to give you another reminder. Let me see how many how much activity we have at Rob Ryan's Show on Instagram. The Academy Sports and Outdoor Giveaway is living on our Instagram at Rob Ryan Show, okay, on eleven hundred people. Eleven hundred people are playing along, but only a thousand of them are doing the right thing. You have to like it, and you have to leave a comment on what's your favorite section in Academy Sports and Outdoors. This is great. I mean, we have another week of this, giving away a two hundred dollar gift card every day, So it's twenty years of the rod Ryan Show. Twenty days with Academy Sports and Outdoors two hundred dollars Instagram at rod Ryan's Show, you have until nine to fifty to follow those what I think are really simple instructions. Guys, get in there. I'm not even asking it for some wacky hashtag or anything. It's open phones Friday. But Kim's been on hold the longest. Hey Kim, Hi, Hey, how are you?
Speaker 20: I'm sick, so I hope you can understand me.
Speaker 1: Oh my gosh, I'm sorry that you're not feeling well.
Speaker 20: Okay, someone I wanted to talk about it was on my way to work this morning and heard you discuss some scabies.
Speaker 1: I mean, what morning show? What morning show out there was having a scabies discussion? Oh, this one.
Speaker 4: It was hilarious.
Speaker 1: Justice.
Speaker 20: It's laughing all the way to work because I worked in an emergency room for seventeen years and we literally used to like do rock paper singers. There's there's an argue with each other. Nobody wanted to go in those patients rooms because we would itch for like three days afterwards.
Speaker 1: Let me ask you, Kim, how often would somebody come in with scabies?
Speaker 8: A lot?
Speaker 1: Like every every day. Somebody would come into the emergency welday.
Speaker 20: Probably four or five times a week.
Speaker 6: How are they getting them?
Speaker 1: How do you get scabies?
Speaker 20: Okay, I know that, and this is this is a strange story. But when I went to homecoming, my homecoming date got them from trying on his tuxedo.
Speaker 1: Okay, okay, okay, Kim, stop right there. Clothing. Here's the deal. A friend of mine got in trouble and she had to do community service. I'm not going to say where she was working, but she was going and sorting old donated clothing. She was sorting clothing. Scabies, yeah, okay, yes, yeah, she is a fear.
Speaker 20: It is a real fear. You go home and you itch for three days even though you don't have let me thank you do.
Speaker 1: Well, Kim. I hope you feel better. Thank you for your skatie talk.
Speaker 20: You got to say one more thing. Yeah, please hear y'all all the time talking about that Amy Winehouse show.
Speaker 1: The movie, the movie, Yeah, the biopic.
Speaker 20: I've seen both.
Speaker 1: Okay, what do you think the girl that plays or looks just like her, does she do her own singing? Doesn't?
Speaker 10: Oh?
Speaker 20: She doesn't, She actually doesn't. She gets older and starts really getting into the dopey stuff. But they leave a whole lot out of things that they really don't want you to know. Now you go to the biopic and you see, you see all the real stuff that we wasted money on the show.
Speaker 1: But the biopic was good. Does she try to do her own singing or does she lip sync?
Speaker 20: I think she lip syncs?
Speaker 1: Okay, all right, hey Kim, I hope you feel better. I know, thank you, thank you for calling about Skaby's. I think that needed a follow up. Listen number one for Scaby Talk in Houston, rod Ryan Show, Allen's Better Baby, Jordan Welch in the Machine, Good morning, Hey, good morning brother on Happy Friday. Happy Friday to you, sir. What you got for us today you're on the air. I just want to give a quick shout out to Rosie.
Speaker 10: This band, like you said, the other day, at Home Run doug Out, there going places.
Speaker 15: They did very well.
Speaker 1: I came out and partied with y'all at Home Run doug Out.
Speaker 10: It was fun.
Speaker 1: They did a lot of covers, a lot of their own songs. I always like seeing them and I follow them on Instagram. They go places like California. I just love it so much. Shout out to Rosie. They are they are awesome. And the fact that we added them, I mean, we don't need any help. Okay, we don't need any help with the Rod Ryan Show twenty tenniversary party. The exis Theory of a dead Man Blow October, Sublime, shine Down, Rick and the Scabies, we gotta we gotta packed line up here, okay. But the fact that we added Rosie, I mean, it just makes it. I mean, it just makes it that much sweeter. Okay. I agree with you, Jordan, Thank you. Rick and the Scabies are not playing. Marco, You're next up? How are you, yeah, sir? How's it going great? Marco? You're on open phones Friday? What do you got for us? I just wanted to say thank you. All of the good work you do. Is it really makes the morning really good for me. That's nice. I love your comments and it and I never ever like dust them or blow them off like for me. The job for us in the morning, Marco is to make the mornings go by quicker, mornings suck. Okay, it's early. It stinks you're working. We're up early. So I choose not to bitch and moan about it. I choose to turn it around. I choose to make mornings my bitch. Okay and uh, and we want to make it go by fast. And if you're telling me that we're just doing that even a little bit, then I feel like I'm doing my job the way that I'm supposed to, Marco. And but I couldn't do it without you. I couldn't. What do you do in the morning? What are you up so early for? Right now, I'm just driving to Lake Jackson to do some work over there. Okay, what could of work do you do?
Speaker 14: Face?
Speaker 24: Compactors and Baylor's for stores like any like Walmart, Target, An.
Speaker 1: I hardly know, dude.
Speaker 6: People are like, you're like a real man over there, like working with your hands.
Speaker 1: And I wish I'm just like scron a kid, but it works.
Speaker 6: But you know how to get things done. That's that's invaluable.
Speaker 5: You don't You don't say I'm just trying to and say, hey, I'm a man, I can fix things.
Speaker 3: Yeah, thank you, Marco.
Speaker 1: I really I thank you. It means it means a lot to me. Garrett. You're next up on open Phones Friday, Good morning, good morning. How you doing man? So great, so great. Good to have you on. You're on the air.
Speaker 14: Yes, sir, we.
Speaker 24: Went out to home run dug out. I convinced my wife to sit in this traffic for I don't know how long. I appreciate you taking.
Speaker 14: The time to come and meet with us.
Speaker 24: When you call my wife's name out, I panicked and sprinted all the way across back to the Bay to go get her. And I really really had, Like I told her, I felt it in my bones that we were gonna have a shot at the tickets. I really really wanted to be there, so we drove quite a ways to come see you. So thank you for being so kind.
Speaker 1: To me and my kids.
Speaker 24: Man, I appreciate it.
Speaker 1: I'm so thankful that you guys came out, and and that goes for everybody. People were asking. I made a joke about it, you know, people were asking what's the cover to get in. I'm like, you think that you think we're gonna charge to come see me? Not around here party. There's gonna be a cover charge. I won't allow it, number one. I mean, I just I absolutely will not allow it. But the fact that you guys traveled as far as you did and then you won and everything, it just.
Speaker 3: It really worked out.
Speaker 1: I wish I coulda I wish I had tickets for everybody. I mean that when I say it, Uh, And I'm gonna I'm gonna be in that same situation tomorrow when I'm over at Onion Creek. I know it's gonna be a ton of people. I know it's gonna be a mott madhouse. I look forward to it. And I'm just saying, I'm telling people, you just gotta think, like Garrett, just have a feeling in your bones, have a feeling in your gut that you're gonna get these tickets that believe it. You're you're, you're You're giving me a part of your Saturday afternoon. It's sacred time, Okay. I'm asking you to come out and party with me and possibly win tickets to the anniversary show.
Speaker 3: Garrett, I'm so happy you guys are in. Thank you, Yes, thank you so much.
Speaker 4: Man.
Speaker 1: You gotta come out to this stuff. Man, you just gotta come out, Rodney, Yes, sir is this Rodney Spangler that is Daredevil at large. It's got a great daredevil name. Give it up for Rodney Spangler. He's gonna ride a motorcycle through a fiery gait.
Speaker 8: Do it?
Speaker 1: What do you got going on?
Speaker 25: You?
Speaker 1: You got the floor for open phones?
Speaker 12: Yes, sir, I just somebody may have mentioned it, but I hadn't heard. It's also a suicide prevention month.
Speaker 1: It sure is. And y'all do a lot of great stuff.
Speaker 12: And I don't know if they recently added a text line if anybody ever needs to talk to somebody and it's nine to eight eight, it sure is.
Speaker 1: I've got it. I'm holding it in my hand right now. I hummed this up about a year ago when they made the switch, and it says, if you are someone you know is experiencing a mental health crisis, help is available called a Suicide and Crisis Lifeline now at nine to eight eight for free, and it's a confidential counseling. They will take your call. You know why I know it's suicide Prevention month because so many people were calling they thought it was weird that I didn't think it was weird at all, by the way, Okay, but I was hearing a lot of people they didn't like the timing of the Lincoln Park of coming out with new music, like it's suicide Prevention month. It's like, listen, there's gonna be something every month. Okay, but because of Chester and everything else in the it's good though that people of Rodney bring awareness to it. Yeah. Yeah, people were definitely calling about that. Rodney, thank you. I appreciate it because we all know somebody now and it's a terrible thing.
Speaker 8: And does just take one person. It's like the finger and the Fanny thing. Sometimes it's like, Okay, there's a number I can call.
Speaker 1: Now, Oh I need to go do this. Yeah. I love getting giving those things some airtime so that someone else hears it. And there's always someone Just pick up the phone and call somebody that goes for everybody, pick up the phone, call somebody. There's always someone that's gonna listen. Okay, thank you Rodney, absolutely, thank y'all, Thank you so much. All right, let's wrap this up. We really got to get going. Fonda is going to wrap up this show?
Speaker 7: Is that?
Speaker 1: What's gonna happen? Fonda? Hey, I'm doing great man. What do you got for open phones? You're on the air.
Speaker 19: I just I'm trying to beg for your anniversary. Hit the Badaway.
Speaker 1: I have I Hearted radio.
Speaker 19: Yeah, it set up Instagrams, email, Facebook, I've got everything.
Speaker 4: Are you?
Speaker 1: Are you coming out to party with me at Onion Creek tomorrow.
Speaker 19: I am raising my oldest granddaughter. My daughter did pass and of your anniversary of you and I love you man. You brought music back to Houston and I need a break.
Speaker 10: I hear you.
Speaker 1: Well, Listen, there's gonna be plenty of opportunities, Fonda. I know you're dealing with some stuff right now and I can't appreciate it. Uh Lord knows what you're going through over there, and I would say that you deserve tickets. Keep trying. That's all I can say is keep trying. There's gonna be more opportunities. We're gonna be out and about. Okay, okay, what.
Speaker 2: Time is done?
Speaker 1: Freak tomorrow and get up the case I get a center. Oh, in case you get a center, I'm gonna be at Onion Creek two to four on White Oak in the Heights. You can bring kid, it's a kid it's a kid friendly event, Fonda. I'm bringing my six year old. Okay, awesome, Bring the kid, Yeah, bring the baby, Bring the kid, Fonda. I'd love to meet you, I really would. Thank you. All right, that's it, guys, Thank you. I love Open Phones Friday, Good Time. I love Open Phones Friday. I love every second of it. You know, we're giving away Metallica tickets. I said I promised you four pair today on the show. Metallica going on sale in less than twenty minutes for their show June fourteenth, twenty twenty five, at Energy Stadium.
Speaker 3: Metallica tickets know the show after this.
Speaker 13: Houston Rocks, Houston's Alternative and The Rod Ryan Morning Show.
Speaker 1: By the Buzz, Good Morning, brought Ryan's Show. Okay, we're gonna have to wrap up our contest on Instagram. Thank you man. We had a great response to that this morning. I'll have Chili work on that in the break. But if you were trying to get that two hundred dollars Academy Sports An outdoor gift card, you are just about out of time. But you should be following us and playing along with us on Instagram and all the socials at Rob Ryan's show. But I know what you're waiting for.
Speaker 24: La La La la la la la la la la la la la la la la La.
Speaker 18: La la La.
Speaker 1: It's our fourth and final pair of Metallica tickets before they go on sale in less than nine minutes from now. Nine minutes for Metallica tickets, Know the show. What's your question?
Speaker 5: Well, we talked about a new survey that asked Americans how many times they did this even though they didn't think it was necessary.
Speaker 1: The average response was forty times. So what did Americans do on average forty times.
Speaker 6: Even though they didn't want to, They didn't really think it.
Speaker 1: Was Oh okay, geez, I'm on the show and I didn't know this, but now I know you're on the show. I hope you know the show. I think I'm over forty me too, probably, yeah, I think I'm over forty. All right. I think it's kind of a tough question. I have a good show. Oh yeah, it's a big, big, big big ticket. Seven one three two win two five nine four five, Hey Alexa, play ninety four point five The Buzz on iHeartRadio.
Speaker 16: Get ninety four point five to the bus station from iHeart Radio, Houston's Rock and one.
Speaker 1: Ninety four five The Buzz Good Morning Rot Ryan Show, Oh, we're so close. We're so close to turning you guys loose. Many of you will have to go and buy your Metallica tickets. Don't forget Lincoln Park also for their Arlington show on November eighth. Ticketmaster is where you're gonna go at ten am for those we gave away those tickets on I guess the first thing we did, or one of the first things we did fresh out of bed head to head this morning, that was the prize Chili. If you can grab me somebody from the Instagram and then I'll go and do this is now time four know this show on ninety four five.
Speaker 7: The buzz La la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la.
Speaker 1: La la la la la la la la la.
Speaker 3: Good morning, Rob Ryan Show.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they're hi, Hello, Hi. What's your name? My name Chris, Chris, good to have you on the show. Okay, just like I told the other person, take a big deep breath. Okay, breath, then hold it for a minute, let it out. Okay, now we're stressed. Free Chris. Listen to Tessa answer correctly. I'll hook you up.
Speaker 5: Go ahead, Chris, and you survey asked Americans how many times they did this when they really didn't even think it was necessary. The average response was forty times. So what did Americans do forty times on average that they really didn't want to do?
Speaker 1: Giving water tipping?
Speaker 6: Fatigue is up?
Speaker 20: And so are you?
Speaker 1: My friend? You just want tickets to Metallica.
Speaker 5: On the M seventy two world tour with Nantara and Suicidal Tendencies because you.
Speaker 1: Know the show congrets. That is awesome. Chris, have a great time. I'll see you at that show. There's no way I'm missing Metallica, Pantera, Suicidal Tendencies.
Speaker 3: I haven't seen them in forever.
Speaker 19: Man.
Speaker 1: Congratulations, dude, thank you, thank you. Hang on the phone for me.
Speaker 3: Chris, all right, Chris is on hold. I grabbed chili Chili?
Speaker 1: Did you grab somebody from our Instagram?
Speaker 7: Uh?
Speaker 1: Yes, sir. I went to Academy yesterday just to take a picture and I blew two hundred dollars. I don't know. I went to take a picture just for the Instagram and that sneakers, two pair of shorts, barbecue seasoning, some rub Oh my god, Texan shirt for my kid. Who's the winner?
Speaker 19: Uh?
Speaker 1: That would be Rena Gail?
Speaker 10: All Right?
Speaker 1: Rena Gail.
Speaker 6: Congratulations Rena, So congratulations to her.
Speaker 22: So does that mean that you're going to be doing like a brisket or something and having us over pretty soon.
Speaker 1: Since you spent that money. Yeah, that's probably what it means. I bought rubb. I did not buy a brisket. They don't sell briskets at academy.
Speaker 5: No.
Speaker 1: I'm just saying you're planning on So that's why I do have some of the stuff. You're right, Okay, Yeah, maybe dude, you're the guy, you're the pit master of this group here. Got nothing out of you.
Speaker 21: Nothing I could have used a little more cow bell. You're gonna want that cow bell. I gotta have more cow bell. I got a fever and the only prescription more cow bell. All right, that's it, man, We gotta go.
Speaker 1: We gotta go. Sean beat the UFO guy, right that Daniel, Yeah, it's big, big UFO guy. He never got back to me. I don't know. I don't feel like he felt like he lost, and I asked him to police, go listen to the podcast and get back to me. Was it a good game, I don't know, but Seawn definitely won. He's going for the Hall of Fame on Monday, so I'll be here for that. Thank you Specs for the beer Rod Ryan Show twentieth Anniversary Party, six twelve, eighteen twenty four. A lot of tickets given away today on the show. Four pair of Metallica tickets given away. Metallica tickets are on sale right now. It's ten o'clock Instagram. Thank you to our friends over at Academy Sports and Outdoors. I know they'll be cool with us moving it over to the Gram. We'll go back on air with that every day next week. It's our fourth week and our fourth and final week working with Academy. Twenty days celebrating twenty years of The rod Ryan Show. Two hundred dollars gift cards every day next week. Great job on open phones today as always. Fanny Friday. Wow, really big numbers today, Honest, I don't say that every day. Some days we stink up the place on our website. Today, huge numbers on Fanny Friday. So I'm gonna go take a look at that right now. Rod Ryan Show replayed tomorrow morning from eight to ten. Jeremy's up next with the NonStop Nooner. He's got more passes to the anniversary show. We talked about the Boobs Rock Car Show, which is next Saturday. Thank you to Sean for coming on and talking to us a little bit about that today. We need more cars to sign up. We need more sponsorships with the golf tournament. So all of that stuff is on the world famous Rod Ryan showpage at the buzz dot com. Alex put up a new Past the Gravy this week. Make sure you go check out his podcast Testas on Houston Life today at one o'clock to make sure you tune in to see that.
Speaker 3: I will be at.
Speaker 1: Onion Creek tomorrow two to four. They're doing their Crazy Wing Contest. It's not too late too if you want to just buy a wristband, walk around and eat chicken wings all afternoon long.
Speaker 3: That's how they're set up over there.
Speaker 1: They are set up for that exact thing at Onion Creek on It's really easy. Just look it up. It's Onion Creek on White Oak. If you can uber there, I would recommend ubering there. Park Parking is tight, Yeah, parking, you can't park it. Rods Chili's already doing it well. But people will ask me where do you park? And if this is the reference. There's a big parking lot where Fitzgerald's used to be and you can walk. Yeah, so, but that fills up when there's big events like this. But yeah, right where FitzGeralds. Yeah, right right along where Fitzgerald's was, That would be where I would recommend you park. But again, uber or, I hear that Alto. I keep hearing that Alto commercial on here. I'm thinking of making the switch. Have I done it yet?
Speaker 25: No?
Speaker 1: I'm cheap.
Speaker 3: All right, that's it.
Speaker 1: I have six picks, yes, officially, swap it. That's it. Guys, have a great weekend. Thank you so much for this week. It was a fun week. It was quick, a fun week. It was a quick week. Yeah, all big giveaways. I'm seeing next week as well, guys, am af Well, wasn't that fun. If you missed any of the show today, All the Good Stuff will be podcast.
Speaker 23: Check it out on the world famous Ron Ryan showpage at the buzz dot com.