Speaker 1: Five o five.
Speaker 2: If the about k r C the talk station, Happy Friday eve.
Speaker 3: Some sense.
Speaker 4: Alright apart from the sanitation to mention education, wine, public order, irrigation, rose, the fresh water system of public Hell, what are the romans.
Speaker 5: That are done for it?
Speaker 2: Brought peace? You gotta roll right out of the gate jobs director, Thank you very much. I certainly could use the lab this morning. Overslept this morning, so as I often refer to myself on days when I don't feel one hundred percent firing on about four of eight cylinders this morning, so I welcome the opportunity for you to guide me along as the show progresses. Feel free to call five one three, seven four nine fifty five eight hundred eighty two to three talk or hit pound five fifty on AT and T phones. As always a reminder if you five cares dot com for podcasts and information, and you know, show up at the Marty Garth for the homeless children and enjoy some of the best meatballs you've ever had in your life. And thanks to the folks that are doing that wonderful charitable work. Thirty second, I believe annual event to help those that support homeless children in the Gretter, Cincinnati area judge Endena Paul Tano tariffs in the Constitution. We talked to the disabled American veterans about the Patriot boot Camp. You want to get in touch with that if you're an entrepreneurial minded veteran. That is a wonderful, wonderful event and get in touch with folks who have been out there in the world, have built successful businesses and learn what you need to know about well building a successful business for your Yeah, it's a good podcast to listen to Corey Bowman. He's running for mayor city of Cincinnati. I guess as a Republican and we all know what a Sissipian challenge that is going to be. You can hear what Corey Bowman has to say yesterday. And of course Jack Adaden who he and his wife Amesley showed up at Listener Lunch yesterday and thanks everybody mate to Listener Lunch. We had a wonderful time yesterday, and props and cheers to the Little Miami Brewing Company for allowing us to be there. Met the owner there, he was so pleased we were there. He loves when we show up and thanked everybody for making it over there. So good fun, good good food, great time, wonderful fellowship, great conversations, and uh yeah, I lost again to cribbage Mike five points. I lost my It's okay, I expect to do it. Listen. I didn't spend you know, three months underwater in a submarine with nothing to do with this. I don't accuse him of not doing anything. Of course, people on submarines have jobs to do. But I get this sneaking suspicion. They got a lot of idle time on their hands. Can you imagine, so they spent a lot of time playing cribbage, owning their skills. Anyhow, I don't really quite know where to start. I can start with DEI I can start with why not just start with the city of Cincinnati rather than gravitate, gravitate toward national issues. Sharon Colich from the Inquiry reporting on this. Remember the railway money. Remember we fought over the sale of the railway, and I was against the idea. Christopher Smithman, vice mayor of the City of Cincinnati, at one point, was against the idea. We had a lot of folks on the morning show talking about it, Folks in the know, folks with experience on railway matters. Folks that understood the reality of the value of owning that railway, and yet folks voted to sell it. Obviously, you're entitled to your opinion, you're entitled to make your cast, your vote. But the promise was predicated right on the money generated from the investment of the railway proceed and it went into an investment account, and they promised to by rate a return, and it was going to generate, of course, like everybody's four to oh one k interest and money. And they'd leave the principle alone, except under certain circumstances like, for example, if the market were to crash or drop or it wouldn't generate money, they would be allowed to dip into principle from time to time. All kinds of bells and whistles attached. But the primary predicate and limitation was that the money generated from the sale of railroad was going to do what fund existing infrastructure? And we had lots of conversations about, well, what is existing infrastructure? And you remember there's a general fund. So you got the railroad money over here, and you got a general fund over on the other side, and the general fund funds well, maybe new projects question, If you build a new project from general fund money, does that then become existing infrastructure which allows you to use railroad proceed investment money to well service it, maintain it, improve it, build on it. The streetcar is an existing infrastructure. Would adding an extra leg of the streetcar then becomes something that's part of a previously existing infrastructure program that we will be allowed to use railroad investment generated funds to service, maintain, upgrade, or maybe even expand on. All these questions are floating around and they remain floating around. But behind the scenes of all this is the reality that money is fungible. And I brought this up a bunch of times. If you've got railroad money coming in, which allows you to deal with and let's just say that they're gonna take they're actually gonna treat quote existing infrastructure as something you and I would readily understand to be something that was already built. Well, you don't have to use general fund money to maintain and keep up with existing infrastructure to get two revenue sources. But in the final analysis, because money is fundable, it's all one big pile of money. Just because you trace the proceeds from the general fund to some new project. You've alleviated the burden of the general fund to maintain let's say roads. It's a bait and switch. It was a joke from the get go oh lo and behold Sharon Cooledge from the Cincinnat Choir, reporting on this headline council proposal dedicate railway money to fifteen underserved neighborhoods. If you are in an underserved neighborhood, why don't you ask Sincinni City Council why your neighborhood is underserved? How come you've been neglected for so long? How come? Oh, I don't know. Let's say over the Rhine got the benefit of millions and millions of General Fund dollars to rehabilitate it and turn it into this wonderful walking community where urban hipsters can live, thrive and survive, and that you can no longer afford to live in. Thrown it out, just asking you and the underserved neighborhoods, ask yourself why five million dollars a year is being thrown at a streetcar that no one uses. Wouldn't that money be better served fixing your underserved community? So as Sharon Coolidge. Thank you, Sharon for bringing this to our attention. Some council members pushing to dedicate some of those since a Southern Railway sale product proceeds to benefit these so called underserved neighborhoods, despite that never being a part of the deal sold to voters. Oh remember when you voted for an assale for money to go to the now paid Course Stadium formerly Paul Brown Stadium, and you were promised that, oh, at some point you would get their money back. They would. I'm sorry, we need to keep that rate at the rate it is, because well, of course we've got to pay. We've got to pay for upgrades and stadium improvements and that ridiculous contract we negotiated. Yeah, we lied to you. Basically, this proposal seeks each year to allocate ten percent of the annual return on the sale proceeds to improve existing infrastructure and spend twenty five million dollars from the fund over time on new infrastructure. In fifteen, neighborhoods dubbed the quote rising fifteen close quote. Now, it's pointed out by Sharing that that latter part new infrastructure would be prohibited by state law which governed the railway before the sale and says the money can only be spent on current infrastructure. Here's the bait and switch. Vice Mayor Jan Michelle lemon Kearney, who's the one, I guess that brought this idea up. So the city can comply with the law by doing a money swap projects using the twenty five million dollars would be done from the capital budget, with the railroad money paying for a current project outside of the fifteen neighborhoods that would have been paid for out of the capitol budget. There it is, there's your fungibility of money, exactly as I anticipated. Look, we've got a new revenue source, so we can take that new revenue source which is limited to existing infrastructure which the city was supposed to be maintaining from the get go. And again I'll go back to Sunset Avenue. How come it hasn't been repaved? And I know there's a million roads out there in the city that have been neglected, potholes, terrible, looking, awful, and you keep waiting around for them to take care of them. Because it's something that exists. And once you build it city, you got to maintain it. It doesn't maintain itself part of your job as an elected official is to take care of the stuff that you built at the first place, or that was built by prior administrations. Existing infrastructure, stuff falls apart, roads deteriorate, the world's an imperfect place. Screws fallout. But no, no, no, we got to have new stuff and things. We got to build new stuff and things. And now apparently there are some underserved neighborhoods. Oh my god, really underserved neighborhoods who have been like many roads in the City of Cincinnati neglected. So she's actually saying the quiet part out loud. Money's fungible thanks to the railroad sale. We can now argue that it's only going to existing infrastructure previously covered by the general funds. But no, there's that new revenue source over there, so we can free up general fund money to do new stuff and things. Vice mayor quote. We have to make good on this promise to neighborhoods. Apparently, the first vote asking the city manager to look at how money is being spent now could come to council as soon as I guess next Wednesday. Kearney said the goal was to pass a law in the coming weeks. I guess creating this new project that way, she said, future councils would have to continue the investments. And does that mean the new investments that they are created by this concept then become existing infrastructure that future councils can funnel the railroad money over to keep and maintain. And even that is a laughable concept, isn't it, given that they don't keep and maintain a lot of the stuff that they've already built and have let fall apart. And in case you're wondering whether you're in an underserved neighborhood, According to the reporting by Sharon Collidge of the en Car right now village of roll Hill, Millville, Millville rather English Woods, Lower Price, Il, Queen's Gate, Went Hills, South Fairmont, West End, East Westwood, Avondale, Roselawn, Mount Airy, East brice Hill, South Cumminsville, and North Fairmont home to twenty percent of the city's population and yet described as underserved. How long have they been underserved? And how many years in a row have you elected Democrats to run the city of Cincinnati. Do you have an expectation when you continue to do the same thing over and over and over and over again that your underserved neighborhood is actually going to get attention by the elected officials and running the city of Cincinnati. Yeah, good luck with that. Kearnyan. Council members Scottie Johnson and Victoria Parks was this motion to move this concept forward, argue and again relying on Sharon Coolidge reporting, argue, these changes would ensure there's that word equity in the disbursement of proceeds. Well, you know what, let's just dispense with equity and let's just take a look at what neighborhoods are served and which ones are underserved. I would argue over the rhine in the Central Business District perhaps well if not overly served. And I imagine if you're in one of the underserved neighborhoods, in your roads deteriorating, and you have no services, crime may be high, on and on and on whatever constitutes underserved. You might look at that Central Business District and all the money that's flowed into it, including pay course stadium, and feel like, hmm, that's just not fair. Five point twenty fifty five cares the talk station. Feel free to call. I'd love to hear from you. That's something you want to talk about five one, three, seven, four nine fifty eight hundred two three talk me back after these words. This is fifty five KRC and iHeartRadio Station five twenty three couple in five twenty four fifty five KRS detalk station. My disregard for the clock running along in the last segment, but I tend to be a little long winded sometimes, but you can help out by calling. I'll have local stories coming up to the next segment. Apps some phone calls, Joe Strekker observes that have Purvoll's panties may be bunching up. Why well. A few hours after she was sworn in, new Attorney General, Pambondi directed the Justice Department of pause all federal funding for sanctuary cities.
Speaker 6: AFTAB.
Speaker 2: She charged the Department of Justice with identifying any valueing funding agreements with non governmental organizations that provide support to undocumented immigrants, investigating instances of sanctuary jurisdictions who might be obstructing law enforcement, and directing the day be prosecuted when necessary. And Trumps have a profound effect on these sanctuary cities. I mean you heard have to have Purval and you heard CHARMEI McGuffey utter statements which are inconsistent with the Trump administration's effort to get ice in and get rid of criminal illegal aliens, saying they wouldn't cooperate, only to backpedal, recognizing the Trump administration and now the new Attorney General Pam Bondi, threatening to well, perhaps prosecute them for obstructing justice. It's a crime. Apparently, several offices within the Justice Department provided are you ready you again worked for this your money, your labor, resulting at one point five to six billion dollars and grants the sanctuary cities and county. You're twenty twenty three alone, according to the Center for Immigration Studies. Apparently, last month US Committee for Refugees and Immigrants, a nonprofit, warned how slash funds could endanger sanctuary jurisdictions. Well, no, it would endanger the non governmental organization's mere existence because if you cut off federal funding, they're not going to make any money. They don't produce anything. They are suckers up of cash. Joke about legal departments and companies. They provide a valuable service for companies, but rarely do they generate revenue. Non governmental organizations exist because your taxpayer dollars fund them, and in many cases they your your dollars fund activities that run contrary to your in Can you imagine of one point five six billion dollars rather than going to non government organizations helping illegal immigrants stay here went to Oh, I don't know how about underserved communities in the city of Cincinnati. Just the thought five twenty six, fifty five kres of detalk station, local stores coming up for shipping. Jeline weather forecast.
Speaker 7: Let's see here, they say, at the extent you got rain out there to have be gone by round eight o'clock this morning and today mostly cloudy to partly sunny skies.
Speaker 2: Say they expect to see the sunshine showing up around one o'clock. I have fifty five overnight low at thirty with partly cloudy skies, mostly sunny. On Friday, I have forty two clouds over night down to thirty three, and then rain showing up sometime in the daytime on Saturday. High in the mid fifties. Let's see year, Why does my temperature disappear forty degrees right now? Karsity talk station five thirty, I pitch a five kars you talk station. I saw these guys in concert. Good show. Let us see two three talk found five thirteen Any teams to fudds? I know, I say that a lot. I encourage people to call and encourage people to head undred fifty five cars dot commin edition of the podcast, like, for example, Judge Annapolitano on an esoteric matter of law tariffs, specifically iHeart Media app. You can download that on your smart device and listen to any of the iHeart Media content wherever you happen to be. It's a cool app. And uh, my wife listens through the cell phone every single day. Got it laying right there, right next to her bed. If she's still in bed right now, probably isn't Let us see we go to the local store, have a few of them in front of me, maybe hopefully fill up the time with the three stories I got. Please in Bellevue asking to help identify a car that hit a woman that happened at four am yesterday morning. Car believed to be a silver vehicle with a hatchback. That narrows it down, doesn't it, Joe. If you're out of the roads right now, look for silver vehicles with a hatch back. I'm sorry the woman got had I just you know, surveillance footage of the incident apparently is out there. It shows the car striking a woman on a scooter in the one in the block of Fairfield to have it, and then driving away once the woman sits up and begins screaming please. Chief. Jonathan McClain, talking with Fox nineteen reporting on this thanks, Brady Williams called the footage upsetting, said, I don't know how anyone cannot stop and render aid in that situation, Isn't that true? Woman who was hit does not have life threatening injuries, thankfully so they Officer mclaim could not say what her injuries were beyond just a likely concussion, said. Police are continuing the investigation. They've been locating more surveillance footage ring doorbell cameras, for example. I'm sure someone in the area has got more of that. Anyone with information that was urged to contact the Cincinna Police Department, actually the Bellevue Police Department eight nine two six one eleven twenty two. I should have known that because I said Bellevue a moment ago, still firing on four of eight A five nine two six one eleven twenty two. Now I just have to wonder if they have surveillance footage, couldn't they come up with a better description of the automobile beyond a silver car with a hatchback? Just asking three hundred and thirty million dollars mixed use development slated a break ground in the West End in early summer WCPO was mcconnor Steffan reporting, can we just talk about lack of funds and the allocation of money to underserved neighborhoods. As the underserved neighborhoods look on, we have a new three hundred and thirty million dollar mixed use development going on over on that side of town, Noah O'Brien said. People are off the charts excited. I don't know if you can see it in my face. This is the kind of opportunity that just doesn't exist in the West End. Noah O'Brien enthusiasm shared by Jeff Birding, president and CEO of FC Cincinnati, the project's master developer. Everyone is welcome, regardless of income levels, he pointed out, assuming you can afford the cost of a beer at TQL Stadium. Sentiment from the people in the West End is we want to have nice things in our neighbor hood. Going back to my comments about the underserved neighborhoods that vice Mayor is interested in serving with the railroad dollars as they look on with envy. The Entertainment District development recently received a twenty six million dollar tax credit from the State of Ohio. Plan to include a concert venue, high rise hotel, restaurants and bars, apartments, retail and office space, and more. And I'm sure those people on life's margins will be able to afford the cost of any of those venues. How Joe Streker cracking me up, he said, there will be plenty more cars to break into. Wow. Anyway, Brian, there's so many people who are excited at the opportunity on their kid's birthday to be able to go sit down, served a meal and just to experience something beautiful. It's a really a game changer. They say. Cruise will resurrect two thirteen story towers that will sit over fifty feet taller than TQL Stadium according to renderings. Birding said one will be an apartment building, so we look forward to having more people living in the West End. The other building will be a hotel with some condominiums on top project expecting to create approximately two thousand, one hundred and two construction jobs and sixteen hundred and ninety nine permanent jobs at the project side. And before I part company, I know, Joe, that's exactly what it's gonna say. The word approximately immediately followed by two thousand, one hundred and two construction jobs, and it even bothered around. If you're twenty one oh three, you're not going to get a job, Joe, five three six fifty five care see the tax station. Bobby is on the phone. I'll take this call and then we'll get to the stack of stupid, although I feel like I've already walked into it most of the first part of the morning show stick.
Speaker 8: Around a break back fifty five the talk station.
Speaker 2: In this week's market five care se de talk station. Happy Friday Eve. Everybody's welcome the call, including regular callers like Bobby. Bobby, welcome in the morning show. I was good to hear from you.
Speaker 9: Happy Thursday, my brother.
Speaker 2: Right back at you.
Speaker 5: Hey, I got some good news today for you. Do tell our new Attorney general is going to take away the funding of these sanctuary cities. I wonder if the mayor Cincinnati's gonna flip flop like a bunch of these toe suckers.
Speaker 2: I just read the article mentioning that, yeah, what did we do without federal funding before the immigration crisis hit us? What did what did cities do? And how did cities survive before COVID hit? And we went five plus trillion dollars in additional debt to throw money at a problem that the mayors of these various cities ended up diverting and throwing at their general revenue problems.
Speaker 5: Their upside down on everything, everything, everything. The next thing I have for you, Remember those AOC for President T shirts I had at your dog and doing, Yeah, I got some Maxine Waters Now after her display, I'll tell you well, we got the Maxi Water t shirts coming out.
Speaker 10: You know.
Speaker 2: The funniest thing about that is, as you say it, it sounds so comical, But that may be the best backbencher that they got.
Speaker 6: Hey, I'll tell you what you.
Speaker 2: Can't buy you you can't No, Sometimes, you know, the truth is far more comical than fiction. And there's an illustration right there. Maxine Waters gets the Democratic nomination to run for president of the United States of America. Oh, that would be comical. Thank you Bobby for the levity this morning. Let's see here over the stackers do We've got a nineteen year old wings stop. That's the name of the restaurant manager now facing felony charges after she doused two customers with hot grease and ranch dressing during your confrontation. According to police, best here to say, the victim tangled with Carnaale Irene first last name, Carnale, iron wingstop worker inside Port Saint Luci, Florida Chicken Wing restaurant. Uh Carneale, maybe it's car Mail. I got a little printing error on this. Does it really matter though? Anyway? This one told police that the customer, one of whom is a minor, were, in her words, loud and disruptive. They cause the disturbance. During this view, which is not further detailed in the rest report, one of the patrons pushed a container of straws off the counter. According to police, the conflict escalated when Irene responded by throwing ranch dressing at the victims. She then went into the kitchen returned with a bucket of hot grease, which she threw at the victims. Amen, brother, and yes there is store security footage. It was reviewed by the police and showed an individual trying to hold back a carnal, but she he pushes forward and throws the liquid in the bucket. Cops say Irene admitted a spraying and ranch dressing on the customer and justified her actions by stating that the customers were being verbally abusive and had reached over the counter and knocked over the straws. She claimed the tossed oil didn't strike the patron Joe. The recipients of the hot oil, Dowston, complained the liquid burned upon impact and resulted in shiny burnt skin. Crime scene investigator photographed their injuries when cops arrived there. At the wingstop, the eatery floor was greasy and slippery, that's in the report, and it appeared the workers attempted to clean the oil that was all over the floor. She was arrested in charge of aggravated battery aggravated child abuse, both felonies. Freed from the county jail on a fifteen thousand dollars bond fifty five k SE detalk station. What you need to do is get in touch with cover SENSI friend John Roman and the team it covers since that you can work with any one of the team members. They are brilliant in what they do, and what they do is find a better way to ensure you medically. They work for you. It's like a fiduciary obligation. They have your best interest in mind. They treat everyone individually, which is important because everyone's situation is different when it comes to medical care. You know, you got way more choices than the Obamacare and the ninety two hundred dollars annual out of pocket responsibility you have upfront. How about having dollar one coverage. That's an interesting concept, isn't it, including less monthly premium. And I know it always sounds impossible to believe, but they do it every day. There's no obligation for you. You do not have to pay them anything. Call and inquire. They'll ask you a bunch of questions when you call them. Figure out where you are in your life, what your family situation is, what your medical insurance issues, already have pre existing conditions, all the kind of stuff they need to know. And because they have access to more than two hundred insurance companies and literally thousands of insurance policies, what they do is create a package. It's like layered coverage. So this policy will deal with you out of your upfront you know, annual physicals or something with you know, no out of pocket responsibility, and then if you have major catastrophic issues, you get another policy to do with that and they will take care of literally everything down the road. Let's say you get an EOB your claim is denied, You're like, what the hell is this all about? You don't have to call the insurance company and ask you this call cover sense you and let the team do the job for you, and that doesn't cost you anything. It's an amazing concept that got going there and wildly successful. So take my advice. Just ask the question, and it's two ways. You can initiate the conversation by calling them at five one three eight hundred. Call it's five one three eight hundred two two five to five, or log into the website. Learn more about the organization and fill the format as completely as possible, though they will not sell it or give it away. The information they're working for you. It's coversincy dot com. That's coversincy dot com.
Speaker 8: Fifty five KRC dot com.
Speaker 1: Is your New Year's resolution.
Speaker 8: To see.
Speaker 2: Let us see here chann and I says today at cloudy to start partly sunny later today sometime the sun will show up around one pm. They're suggesting fifty five for the high, down to thirty. Overnight was clouds, sunny sky for the most part. Tomorrow with the high forty two clouds every night, low of thirty three. And on Saturday, we've got rains shown up during the day at some point hies in the mid fifties. Right now thirty nine degrees in time for.
Speaker 11: Traffic from the UCL Traffic Center. Heart disease is the leading cause of death in the US. If you're at risk, trust the experts at you see Health for Innovative and person of iced Hardcare. Expect more at uce health dot com. Highway traffic doing okay this morning with the wet roads and some fog in some spots. Problems love with the power. It's out in Fairmount. Some traffic lights affected on Harrison and Queen City and State. Then there's a wreck on Queen City at Westbrook Chuck Ingram on fifty five cars.
Speaker 1: The talk station.
Speaker 2: Five fifty one fifty five Kersite talk station. As I mentioned, I want to thank everybody for your showing the listener lunch yesterday. I had a great time at Little Miami Brewering and the owner that did really really appreciate us being there, so we will definitely return. And I also pointed out I lost to cribbage Mic again, which is typically the case I occasionally went because he spent so much time in his submarine that's how where he honed his skills. And Mike got back of me saying, as follow standard submarine hour fifty nine minutes of boredom and one minute of sheer terror. The fifty nine minutes for us to hone his cribbage skills over the decades he spent underwater. And thank you as always to your service to your server, for your service to our country. Eggs extremely expensive these days. Saturday, Pete and Jerry's Organics in Greencastle, we're robbed. Thieves stole about one hundred thousand eggs from the back of it doing distribution because they're expensive. This is in Pennsylvania. Yeah, well, if they were for walfh House, that's fifty cents extra per egg. It's a profit. Thief poachs the eggs from the back of a distribution trailer. According to those authorities, theft heurt at twenty minutes till nine pm Saturday. State police do not have additional details that the incident was under investigation. Of course, last year, the average price of a dozen eggs in the United States jumped fifty percent, and I don't know how much it's jumped this year, but they're really really, really, really really expensive. And I'm looking forward to my daughter's chickens finally starting to lay eggs because we're going to get free eggs. Rumky issued a warning about what people should not leave out on the curb less than a week after one of their trucks exploded here in Ohio Whitehall, Ohio, specifically caught on camera. Of course, it was in the Columbus area. Officials set an illegally discarded oxygen tank caused the blast inside the truck, which happened when worker was loading another gin. Explosion led debris being scattered across the roadway. No serious injuries, thankfully, were reported. Rumpky said people and businesses often placed flammable items like oxygen tanks, propane tanks, and lithium ion batteries. In the aftermath of the explosion, the company warned people about putting car fluids free on appliances, pool chemicals, smoke detectors, and pesticides or fertilizers in the curb side bins. People who need to throw away these flammable items should contact their local solid waste district to properly dispose of them.
Speaker 10: Now, who can argue with that?
Speaker 2: No one, literally no one. Caldwell, Idaho man accused of using a homemade bar code to purchase a three hundred dollars bill for the price of a canna tomato soup. And you wonder who scanned the thing and actually allowed this transaction to go forward without questioning it at the time. Anyway, Callwell Police Department issue a statement on Instagram regards the man who stole the grill from the Walmart location in Caldwell, Idaho. Officers are spotted there after receiving a call but a theft in progress. While on the way, police were informed that the suspect, thirty two year old Dylan Rockwell, had already left the store, intercepted at his home and detained without incident. Thorite to say. While he was being questioned, he admitted a stealing from Walmart on Walmart on multiple occasions, explaining that he had used a ring with a used a ring with a barcode specifically for tomatoes soup to purchase larger items. During the incident, Rockwell had used the barcode to purchase the three hundred dollars grill, which ultimately was recovered by police following the arrest, charged with Well a number of different crimes. All Right. Miami, Florida, a woman was arrested after she beat her daughter with a metal guitar and a wooden broomstick. Wh why are you doing that seriously injuring the girl, according to authorities, rest report says saida or Lania Castellanos, fifty two years old, picking up her daughter from school on Monday in Little Havana neighborhood when she became angry and frustrated that her daughter had her waiting for more than ten minutes. Oh dear, what the hell? Mimi? Police says. She became more upset after discovering her daughter, whose age wasn't disclosed in the report, was late coming out of school because she was hanging out with a group of boys. This woman and her daughter got into an argument inside the car, at which time mom called her daughter a whore.
Speaker 10: What.
Speaker 2: Once they arrived at home, Castellanos ordered her daughter to immediately begin doing her chores. According to the report, Police say the daughter instead went to her bedroom to change out of her uniform first, which angered her mom, who entered the room and began verbally insulting her daughter. A physical fight ensued, at which time Castellanas grabbed her daughter by the hair dragged her into the hallway while slapping her repeatedly in the face. The victim tripped on a piece of furniture landed on the floor, which time the mom grabbed a metal guitar that was attached to the wall and began hitting her daughter with it, causing serious injuries. Just away God bless America. Then she grabbed a wooden brimstick from the closet and beat her daughter with it, causing it to break in half. Victim's fifteen year old sisters saw the beating and provided police with a video capturing the abuse. Victims suffered multiple lacerations to her face, scratches to both sides of her face, and a bruised right eye and lydmark uh and marks on our back, according to the rest report. With the injury sustained by the doubt to show clear indications of permanent disfigurement. Mom arrested on charge of aggravated battery causing great bodily harm and aggravated child abuse. Being held at the Turner Gifford Knight Correctional Center, with the bond yet to be set.
Speaker 1: You know what we need to do, Joe.
Speaker 2: We need to outlaw guitars and broomsticks because they can lead to violence and injury. We need to outlaw them no longer. No longer should guitars or broomsticks be sold anywhere. Five point fifty seven fifty five.
Speaker 12: Nights for old people.
Speaker 2: Five garriously the Doug Station. I'll be back after the news.
Speaker 8: Covering Trump's first one hundred days day, every day promises made, the promises kept. Fifty five krs.
Speaker 2: The talk station Monster bt cap at six oh five. Here if you about Karriseevie talk station, Try Thomas fishing everyone a very happy Friday, Eve as I like to call it on a Thursday. Coming up at seven point thirty. The Rundown, Donovan and Neil for Americans for Prosperity. What is the tjc JA, the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act. We'll walk through that together with Donovan and Neil for Americans for Prosperity. Aight, oh five, Mark Meckler, he's a Convention of States, President, question, do we need one? A Convention of States? I get mixed reactions from my listening audience and the concept. You know, some people are thinking it's a great idea. Others think it'd be a runaway machine too, and you know, enshrine leftist policies and undermine the Constitution. But we'll get the opinions of Mark Mechler at ATO five together. And of course it's Thursday, so we get Jay Ratliffe. I heard me, the aviation expert, Jay Ratliffe. We'll hear about the latest update on the DC helicopter plane craft Airlines sues a couple for on an onboard fight. Ninety thousand dollars at stake there plus Elon Musk says President Trump is ready to make the necessary technical upgrades the air traffic control network quickly. Man. The left is going out of their minds over Elon Musk. He's not president, no kidding, He's an advisor. You know, presidents can surround themselves with any advisors they want. Just because he's in an elected capacity. And we can argue all day long about whether that's a good thing or bad thing. But you know, the best presidents out there have surrounded themselves with the best and brightest people. I mean, Reagan is a great illustration of that. You know, Ronald Reagan did surround himself with some really good people. Now you can go ahead and pick and choose some of the ones you disagree with, but the better people around you, the better job you're going to do. And let's face it, despite what Alexander Acasio Cortes may think or conclude about Eli Musk, he's demonstrably a brilliant man. You may not agree with everything he is, but he is brilliant. Look at what he was able to accomplish. Look at the businesses he built. You know how he built them one because he's brilliant at two, because he hired the best and bride his meritocracy is what built Elon Musk's multi billion dollar worth. He employs thousands of people, he helps fund the federal government because every one of those people makes a great salary and pays income taxes. Just pulling their hair out over him five three, seven, four nine fifty five hundred eight hundred two three dog pound five fifty on eight and t fos fifty five krcy dot com getri. I heard media app but that out of the way, real quick fun fact. What an amazing thing elections have in terms of consequences after years of no one wanting to sign up for America's military, probably because it had gone full on woke and the message got out about that the true American patriots who love their country and the freedoms and liberties that it stands for, are not inclined to join America's military. Defense Secretary Pete Hegseeth announced yesterday that the Army had its best recruitment month in fifteen years during the month of January. Cord to the Post on acts breaking. In December twenty twenty four, the US Army had its best recruiting number in twelve years. January twenty twenty five, the Army hit its best recruiting number in fifteen years. Bottom line, he said, America's youth want to serve under the bold and strong America First leadership of Donald Trump. It's amazing, isn't it? Already reaching the halfway mark toward what the goal is described as being ambitious of getting sixty one thousand active duty soldiers this calendar year, while fiscal year anyway, which started an October last year, in fiscal year twenty twenty four, of the goal was fifty five thousand. Don't think they met it because well, apparently no one wants to work or actually serve in a woke military now. Some have blamed the recruitment crisis that we've been facing for years on well, obesity, academic performance, COVID pandemic. Hegzeth said the crisis stems from the military losing its warrior ethos. I'll let you decide whether the figures support Hegsath's conclusion. I would say that they do. Over to Andrew Grossman and Crystal Christian Shapiro, a lot of news and information about DEI and the eradication of it. Google now has killed diversity hiring targets. One headline West Point has gotten rid of gender based in race based clubs because they're divisive and run contrary to the military ethos. But Andrew Grossman and Christian Shapiro, writing column headline DEI and disparate impact, The next step in restoring meritocracy is to reject the theory that proportionate outcomes equal fairness, and it's an interesting observation they make. Writing on day two of his administration, President Trump ordered federal agencies to terminate diversity equity inclusion programs in the government and combat them in the private sector. And of course Trump can't force the private sector to abandon DEI, but he can focus on and point out that meritocracy is what makes businesses great. Referring back to my comments about Musk, the order follows through on his promise to forge a color blind, merit based society and to end the engineering of race and sex in every aspect of American life. Content a character, not color of skin.
Speaker 9: Right.
Speaker 2: If mister Trump is serious about his goal, he also needs to repudiate disparate impact theory, which prohibits neutral practices facially neutral practices that ultimately have a disproportionate impact on whatever protected group you want to point to, in practice often harming the very people it's supposed to protect, and they point out it's unconstitutional. Disparate impact theory first recognized by the Supreme Court in a case called Griggs versus Duke Power back in nineteen seventy one, saying Title seven of the sixty four Civil Rights that prohibits discrimination by employers. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission applied this prohibition to any policy that had a disparate impact on racial minorities, even if there was no intentional discrimination. They argue that the purpose of Title seven was to accomplish economic results, not merely to influence motives or feelings. The Justice is agreed and block power from requiring a passing score on a standardized test and a high school diploma as a condition of employment because these requirements disqualified black applicants at a higher rate than whites. Again, we're going back to nineteen seventy one here. Griggs limited aptitude testing by employers, but not the need for aptitude. And that's the salient point. One of the ways you can judge meritocracy and your ability to do the job is because of these testing that ultimately has a disparate impact on one racial minority or in a racial group or another. I mean, you still need aptitude to do the job. So what they did businesses pivoted over to a college degree requirement, which they said seemed legally safer because college is widely engaged in racial balancing. But applicants with ability but lacking the college education were blocked from positions. Griggs was limited to employment law, but disparate impact theory has since infected many levels of the federal government. Get a load of this. It applies to federally funded programs under Titles six of the Civil Rights Act, creditors under the Equal Credit Opportunity Act, landlords under the Fair Housing Act, broadband providers under the Infrastructure Investment in Jobs Act. It's been used to block criminal background tests on rent applications, school discipline policies, and underwriting criteria for home insurance. Landlords successfully sued the City of Saint Paul, Minnesota for quote unquote aggressively enforcing its housing codes because it required landlords to respond to roadent infestations, broken smoke detectors, and other hazards which could increase rent and ergo disproportionately affect black tenants. Supreme Court has repeatedly emphasized that racial balancing is quote patently unconstitutional close quote that from Students for Fair Housing versus Harvard to twenty twenty three to CIS, as well as other decisions. Yet, as the Justice is explained in a case called Ricci versus di Stefano, two thousand and nine. Desperate impact theory dictates the policies with and quote undesirable racial effect close quote are invalid. If a race neutral policy affects racial outcomes, or even appears to do so. The burden ultimately falls on the employer to prove the policy is essential, a daunting standard. In practice, this means employers, landlords, and other business must track and plan for racial outcomes and maintain racial balance before adopting policies such as drug tests. They must assess the racial impact and consider alternatives that might achieve more desirable racial balance. Race must be constantly monitored to identify potential liabilities. As just as Anthony Scaliam noted in his concurring opinion in that Ricci case, disparate impact theory places quote a racial thumb on the scale close qui, requiring employers to make decisions because of racial outcomes. Mister Trump, accordingly, should direct his administration to reverse all rules and cease enforcement based on disparate impact theory, and he should support litigation challenging its constitutionalities. Scalia Warren in the Reachi case that one day the Supreme Court will have to confront the question whether or to what extent are the disparate impact provisions of Titles seven of the Civil Rights Act nineteen sixty four consistent with the Constitution's guarantee of equal protection. They conclude, mister Trump should bring forth that day of reckoning Merit Merit six sixteen fifty five K. See the talk station. Safety is what it's all about, Jimmy care fireplace is the really really important for your safety. Don't let your fireplace smoke and burn. You hid stuff toys up the chimney, right, cribbage mic And when you go and like the fire for the first time and the smoke billows out in your room, you got a problem on your hands. You got the chimneycare fireplaces, so to solve that problems. But sometimes there are latent defects. You might have water problems going on inside your chimneys. Chimneycare fireplaces, those video camera inspection can figure that out, figure out if your lining has been cracked from a prior chimney fire. Obviously easily determining whether or not your chimney needs to be swept, but if you have it, if you've got a crack lining, they do relighting, They do cap and damper replacement. They do tuckpointing. They service gas fireplace, wood waste, a self feeding wood waste pellet stove, whether it's an insert or a free standing model, they service those. They also have a complete selection of inserts, free standing stoves accessories located at the showroom that's four thirteen Wards Corner Road. They have an A plus with a better business peer. Of course they do, and as always like to point out, if you do not have a carbon monoxide detector, please, for the sake of your safety, health and life and the life of your family, get one. It's an inexpensive investment in life saving carbon monoxide detector. Chimney Care Fireplace is still Get in touch with them for all your chimney care needs. Five one three two four eight ninety six hundred, five one three two four eight ninety six hundred find them online. Good to Chimneycareco dot com. Fifty five KRC the talk station channel nine Weather four ks got mostly cloud at a partly sunny sky is a day they say the sun will show up sometime around one o'clock. Plait four fifty five for the high today down to thirty overnight with clowns. Got mostly sunny Tomorrow forty two for the high, down to thirty three overnight with clowns and rain on Saturday. Rains showing up in the daytime just says daytime. Some point, mid fifties will be the high on Saturday. It's forty two right now. I'm time for a traffic update from Chuck Ingram.
Speaker 11: From the UCUP Tramphing Center. Heart disease is the leading cause of death in the US. If you're at risk, trust the experts at us SEA Health for innovative and personalized heartcare. Expect more. Do you seehelp dot com? Major problems now in downtown. Westbound Forward Washington Way is being shut down due to an accident just after you come out of the tunnel. The southbound seventy one traffic is being diverted off a third so is inbound Columbia Parkway off at the third Street ramp. That's affecting traffic backing up on four seventy one. Chucking rom on fifty five KRC the talk station.
Speaker 2: It is six twenty one here fifty five KR City Talk Station. Feel free to call Joe. You think nobody wants to talk to me. Do you ever get that feeling maybe we should give something away, pull out something from your office. Joe, Oh, that's right. You don't have an office neither do. I talk to Tony the Big Dog Bender one day about I said, I feel kind of strange. I know, I listen, I know what the ratings are, and I know there's lots of people in the listening audience. If we give away like concert tickets, the phones just like blow up immediately. I said, I kind of get concerned. I feel like I'm a lone voice in the wilder. And I said, nobody's out there listening. And you know, you got a listener to lunch. You got people listening all the time, and it's such a wonderful thing. It's it gives me an emotional boost. But I mentioned that the Bender one day because he is the program director for a long time, and he said, yeah, I was having a conversation one time. I would say he was on the air covering for someone, and you know that was the conversation they were having off air, which is, you know, nobody's calling on the program. So he said, I tell you what, pick an item out of your office. I can't remember who he was talking to, but someone who he was, who was it Rich Wahlberg, go grab something we could give away from your office. It was like like a coffee mug or just some random item. And they said, collar number six, gonna get this thing. It was a stapler. That's right, he was a stapler. And the minute he said that, the fuck lef just blew up immediately. Anyway, I can just yeah, well, what's on your mind? What do you want to talk about? Forty thousand folks so far have decided to resign from the federal government. And that's actually not that that has not yet met Donald Trump's target to get rid of federal government employees. But so far, forty thousand workers have agreed to resign and take their salaries through September and go find another job. Officer Personnel Management yesterday on a call with officials, said the number of federal workers who've accepted the resignation offer actually more than forty thousand. Another person confirmed the figure was above forty thousand at least as of yesterday afternoon. The deadlines today, so more people could take them up on the offer, and they expect the numbers to rise rapidly today given that the deadline I think is at five pm today, So the White House originally expected to be between five and ten percent of federal employees would quit. That would be about one hundred billion dollars in annual savings. As presently, there are about two million Americans working for the federal government in civilian jobs. Some of those employees are exempted from the offers, So there actually are employees out there in the federal government that even the Trump administrations believed to be absolutely necessary. And as we reported and talked about yesterday, USAID, which funds all kinds of nonsensical programs around the four corners of the world with a forty billion dollar a year annual budget, all of them, or nearly all of them, have been placed on administrative leave. That was as of Saturday morning. Dozens of Education Department employees already placed on administrative leave as well. They're doing their best to get rid of the Department of Education. Maybe they won't be able to do it. Congressionally created it was, but if you defund it, she could have a sign on the door that says Department of Education. If no one's working in there because they have no funding, you've effectually ended it more employees who were deemed as working in diversity equity inclusion offices. I've all been phased out. Oh look at the phones. Thank you very much. We're gonna get to the car. My desperate plea actually bore fruit. Look hang on a second. I'm looking forward to rather than doing local stories talking to the folks that have called in this morning. I apologize for the desperation. Foreign Exchange, call Ford Exchange. Get your imported car, whether it actually is truly imported. You know what a traditional import is, like a Toyota, or maybe a Hyundai or a Kia. Got ourselves a Kia to replace the Honda, and that'll be serviced at Foreign Exchange once the warranty is over. With Foreign Exchange fixes your car for less money. You do not sacrifice anything, but based on the quality of the mechanical ability. They have a se certified Master to technicians. They know what they're doing. They have your manufacturer's technical information, whether it's an Asian or European import or a Tesla. They service Tesla's now, and they do a great job, and they'll treat you really wonderfully. I've never ever had a bad experience with Foreign Exchange. And they don't treat me any differently than they'll treat you, just because I speak on their behalf. And I'm happy to do it because I love referring people, because you'll love what they do for you. Less money to have your car fixed, full warranty on parts and service. Take the Westchester location, which is I seventy five Tylersville Exit east on Tylersville. Just two streets. It's not it's like a tenth of a mile. Hang a right on Kingland Drive. You'll run right into the to the Foreign Exchange service station. Tell Austin and everybody at the team there that Brian said, high, I know all those guys really well because they've been going there for years and years. The number to reach to schedule the appointment five one three six four four twenty six, twenty six, six four four twenty six, twenty six. Find them online foreign X form THELETTERACTX dot com fifty five krs.
Speaker 8: Turn up your radio. Here's a Sean Hannity Morning Minute.
Speaker 3: If Democrats, if this is their strategy, they want to double down on fighting against supporting known terrorists, murderers, non murderers, rapists, known cartel members, gang members those that didn't respect our laws, borders, and sovereignty. And they want to make the case that they should stay. Let them do it if they if now that they've been exposed for hundreds of billions in reckless, woke, green new deal, grand supporting DEI, supporting abortion, supporting taxpayer dollars going to every country but our country. Let them fight on that hill because they have doubled down on dumb, stupid, and absolute tragedy.
Speaker 13: Check out the Sean Hannity radio show later today right here.
Speaker 14: The election is officially over, but is your money still at risk? We still have a staggering thirty five trillion dollars in debt. Interest on this debt now costs more than our entire defense budget for the first time in history. On top of that, we're still feeling the consequences of the brutal inflation we saw under Biden and the global chaos ripping across the globe. That's why thousands of concerned Americans are turning to precious medals to help hedge against these threats, and they're reaching out to the top rated precious metals company gold Co to make it happen. Gold Co has over six thousand five star reviews and has helped people just like you purchase over two and a half billion dollars in gold and silver. Right now, they're offering a free gold and silver kit to help you diversify your savings. Visit Hannitygold dot com or call eight five five eight one five gold to get your copy free of charge. Plus you could receive up to a ten percent instant match on bonus silver for qualified accounts. Visit Hannitygold dot com or call eight five five eight one five gold. That's Hannitygold dot com. Here it is your nine first oneing weather forecast. You have mostly clouded to partly sunny skies. They say the sumill show up sometime around one this afternoon. Fifty five for the high, partly cloudi every night, thirty for the low. We have a mostly sunny Friday forty two for the high, clouds over night thirty three and rain in the daytime on Saturday.
Speaker 2: High in the mid fifties. Right now forty three degrees and time for a traffic update.
Speaker 11: From the UCL Tramphing Center. Heart disease is the leading cause of death in the US. If you're at risk, trust the experts that you see help for innovative and personalized hardcare.
Speaker 1: Expect more at you see health dot com.
Speaker 11: Major problems Downtown southbound seventy one shut down due to an overturned semi on Washington Way. Traffic being diverted off the ramp to the third Street on South seventy one and off of Colombie Up Parkway. Chuck ing ramon fifty five KR. See the talk station.
Speaker 2: Six thirty fifty five Krcity talk station. Thanks for the callers are called in, getting ready to go right to the phones. But Howard Howard is annoyed by the bumping sound he hears, and I wasn't aware of it bumping the microphone, he said. It makes want to turn the station off. And I think I know what it is. It's the boom it's got. It's it's sticky, and when I move it to adjust it so it's in the right position, I think that's where that sound is coming from. Howard. I appreciate you bringing to my attention. I will endeavor on any going forward basis to not touch it. But sometimes it's a little challenging to kind of deal with the microphone. So apologies for that. There you go. Let's start with Rebecca. Rebecca, thanks for calling this morning, and a happy Thursday to you.
Speaker 12: Thank you very much.
Speaker 5: I thought you were kind of lonely, so I thought I all and let you know that I became a grandma yesterday.
Speaker 2: Congratulations. That's amazing. Is it your first time?
Speaker 5: Yes?
Speaker 6: And he's the first one on both sides can be very well.
Speaker 15: Looked at it.
Speaker 2: Happy and healthy, I hope, mom, and everybody's happy and healthy.
Speaker 8: Everybody's to they're down like ching kin and the school guy's name is Bruce or an actor.
Speaker 2: That's beautiful. And you know what, since no one seems to be having children these days, that is welcome news. Rebecca. Congratulations Grandma, Rebecca, you know I'm old enough to be a grandfather. I'm yet I've yet to reach that goal yet. I'm willing to wait it out until the appropriate time though, if you know what I mean. Rebecca, God bless you, Thank you, Thanks, thanks for sharing your time with me this morning. Who's next, Joe Strekker? Okay, Grandpa Gina, welcome to the morning. Shown A happy Friday eve to you.
Speaker 10: Well, good morning, and you don't sound desperate.
Speaker 9: You just sounds a little lonely.
Speaker 2: Well, you know, I have just it's just a great experience at listener lunch because almost every day of the week, Gina, I will be honest with you, I feel and and just I really have this perception I'm a lone voice in the wilderness talking to no one but myself. And when I go to listen to lunch and I meet people who listen to the show and they I just I feel uplifted and it makes me feel like, okay, good at least I know I'm not alone in the world. But you know, this morning, I was kind of feeling that way. I just thought i'd say it out loud.
Speaker 8: Well that's okay.
Speaker 6: We still love you anyway, Yes, thank you very much.
Speaker 16: You do a wonderful job.
Speaker 17: And we appreciate you for all you do, so God bless you and your family.
Speaker 2: Geine, I appreciate it. I really do. Thank you so much. Then appreciate the SoundBite there, Joe, Yeah, I deserve that one. This morning, John, Welcome to the fifty five kres morning. Thanks for calling in.
Speaker 6: Good morning, Brian.
Speaker 17: I'm at Wark, so I only have a second, but I just want to give you this idea. You have a left hand. Absolutely no problem with Anthony Fauci, who and he was unelected. He was just a well actual he was more than an advisor. But yeah, is that a fair comparison?
Speaker 10: Why not?
Speaker 9: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Who made him Pope of science?
Speaker 18: Right?
Speaker 17: Yeah, I know, I mean he shut down businesses and oh my god, you know.
Speaker 2: I'm you know, John, excellent point. So you know people out there complaining about Elon Musk running the government unelected official. There you go, Anthony Fauci. You have to stand six feet away from each other and wear a mask that doesn't work. And he knew it at the time, pulled that idea straight from his finer. We all capitulated, fell in line. The economy shut down, people lost jobs, people were forced to get vaccines because of him, unelected official. God bless you, John, Thank you so much for making the point. You can go back to work now. It's what you should do. Let's see is that. Lois Lewis, Welcome to the show. Thanks for calling this morning, Brian.
Speaker 5: How are you today?
Speaker 2: I'm doing fine, man, I appreciate it.
Speaker 16: Excellent. I just wanted to get your take. You're a libertarian, correct.
Speaker 2: Yeah, little well, I don't abide by the you know, the the policy principles that are written down by the capital L Libertarian policy differ it. But I'm you know, I'm my own man, so I'm entitled to call myself what I want. But that's why I always say little el libertarian absolutely.
Speaker 16: I was just wanting your take on the meeting between Trump and NAHU the other day and what your perspective is on the United States taking ownership of Gaza and how you feel and how you feel that does or does not conflict with his presidential campaign promises.
Speaker 2: You know, I can't say anything as that specific policy relates to the campaign pledges or promises because I don't remember him talking necessarily about Gaza, other than, of course, trying to resolve the dispute, like he said he would resolve the dispute between Russian and Ukraine, gonna end the war. Hasn't happened yet. We'll wait and see what happens. But I think, you know, Trump's out loud statement that we are going to take over Gaza, like an ownership interest in Gaza. I think he does that just to stir the pot and to get people talking about it. Gaza is a wasteland. I don't know if you've seen pictures of it. It's just been bombed into hell. There's really no place to live there anymore. I don't believe in the idea that he can displace Palestinians that live there, that want to stay there. What right does he have to tell people where they can live into what country they're going to be sent. So I find offense with that concept.
Speaker 16: Yeah, the last question, I can't find clarity on whether it was supposed to be a temporary or permanent replacement. I keep getting mixed messages, and that will be my final question. If you could out with some parity there.
Speaker 2: Well, actually, I believe that he makes these outrageous, seemingly outrageous statements because he wants to generate interest in the concept of rebuilding that war torn country. And you know, I'm certain that there are Middle Eastern countries in the general area that think about that and now go, you know what, We actually could make Gusa a decent place to live. We could make it a safe, comfortable place. If you build it, they will come. Obviously, it's got some pretty nice beachfront properties. If you look at it that way, it could be a habitable place. And if you make it more welcoming and the terrorists aren't running the territory. It would be a welcome environment for a lot of investment. I mean, it's the right thing to do, so conceptually, I have no problem with it, But the idea that we're gonna own it is nonsensical. And the idea that you can force people to go to some country that doesn't want them in the first place, I think is nonsensical. But it's a conversation starter, and I think that's why he says things out loud, like let's Canada is gonna be the fifty first state. We're gonna buy Greenland. He didn't ask the folks that live in Greenland or Denmark about that concept, but he said it out loud, and now people are going, you know what, there's a lot of opportunity in Greenland. You know what, maybe we should welcome a relationship with the United States. That's not a bad thing. Maybe the United States will start investing in Greenland, which has a population of like fifty thousand people. So conversation starters, and I think he goes broad brush in order to get people to start talking about it. It might take anyway. Got multiple collars online and thank each and every one of you for calling. I got to take quick break here six thirty seven. But you've got curious to detalk station to mention QC kinetics because if you're one of those folks out there dealing with arthritic pain, knee pain, hit pain, joint pain, you know it's gotten worse over the years and now it's difficult climbing stairs, getting in out of the car. Everyday activities come with pain. And you've already talked to your doctor, and your doctor has mentioned surgery the s word. Well, don't go down that road yet. All natural approach to healing pain. That's what you get with QC kinetics, your body's own healing properties to treat the root cause of arthritic pain. These are biologic treatments. They take your body's natural healing properties from you and concentrate them and put them in the area where you're having pain. It's an in office procedure, there is zero down time, unlike surgery, and tens of thousands of people nationwide have gone to QC kinetics and are well living life without pain. So find out if it's a right thing for you. It may not be, but they'll tell you about it. It's a free initial consultation, so learn more about it, call them up, schedule the appointment and find out if this might work for you. It's five one three eight four seven zero zero one nine five one three eight four seven zero zero one nine. That's QC Kinetics at five one three eight four seven zero zero one.
Speaker 12: Nine fifty five KRC give.
Speaker 2: Here you go your nine first morning weather forecast today mostly cloudy to partly sunny, sun around one pm, high fifty five, partly cloudia over ninet down to thirty. We got mostly sunny day tomorrow with a high forty two, clouds over night down to thirty three. Rain in the daytime on Saturday, and high in the mid fifties. Let's see.
Speaker 11: Looking at forty right now. Time for traffic from the UCL Traumfis Center. Heart disease is the leading cause of death in the US. If you're at risk, trust the experts say. You see help for innovative and personalized hard care, expect more, and you see how dot com major problems. Downtown westbound Fort Washington Way is closed due to an overturned semi southbound seventy one and inbound Columbia Parkway. Traffic being diverted off of the highway at Third Street. There's a wreck on five past four at Port Union Chuck Ingramham fifty five KROC the talk station, six.
Speaker 2: K City talk Station. Back to the phones, we go. I acted desperation. I appreciate the calls, I really do. Mike, thanks for holding. Welcome to the program, Mike, I had died.
Speaker 19: Yeah, that's all about. Had a comin about Eli Muskin dooge. Yeah, well that is hilarious. Other you know, he was, they're grabbing it. He's an elected official and he's taking money away from unelected bureaucrats.
Speaker 6: I'm like, that was hilariously.
Speaker 19: These people are elected too, and they're wasting money.
Speaker 2: So exactly well, and we're getting rid of a lot of them too. So far forty thousand. They are expecting a lot more to take the buyout offer. Today all the DEI employees have already left and they are not around anymore. That obviously is resulting in a massive savings for the American taxpayer. All unelected officials pushing policies down our throats that do nothing to benefit the American economy. Period. It's going back to that whole idea merit is what we need. We need the best and brightest people, regardless of race, ethnicity, your sexual preference. I don't care who you're sleeping with. If you're the best and brightest for the job, take it hired, Get hired. I don't think anybody cares, But don't hire somebody just because of who they sleep with if they're not the best and brightest for the job. It makes perfect sense. And you know what I would argue Elon Musk, can you find somebody that's better? Probably be hard pressed. I mean, if your goal is to run an efficient organization, he knows all about organizational efficiency. Look at what the man has been able to accomplish. He buys Twitter and fires the vast majority of people who used to work there, and yet X renamed is still as efficient and operable as it was before they had all these thousands of workers employed there for apparently no reason whatsoever, demonstrably efficient. So there you have it, Linda, Welcome to the Morning Show. Thanks for calling this morning. Happy Thursday, Oh send to you. Enjoy your program.
Speaker 20: We've been we've moved up here in two thousand and seven, and we've listened to you just about every morning. It's good to listen to somebody conservative or independent anyway. I wanted to say two things. One was, did anyone notice nitt and Yahu's sitting there beside Trump. He was holding back laughing when Trump was talking about Gaza. You could see almost a smirk on his face, and I started to laugh. He knew what Trump was doing.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 20: And number two, I wanted to say, thank God for Trump. How many presidents I'm eighty one years old, you know how many presidents I've heard they were going to change things in Washington, and they all of them have kicked down the kicked the can down the road, kicked the can. And this guy is doing what America really wants him to do, which is save the United States and choice and freedom for future generations. This needed to be done. And these idiots that are protesting the fact that you're not going to have a trends opera anymore, I'm just sitting there and disbelieve.
Speaker 2: They've been stuck in their echo chamber for so long they say think what they're saying actually makes sense. Regular Americans don't want to pay for a gay opera in Ireland or wherever, and all the other things that that USAID program was funding you know, and going back to the whole idea, you're funding research on shrimp with on treadmills, and you hear something like that and you think you're reading a Babylon B article like this can't be real.
Speaker 9: Oh no it is.
Speaker 2: And then there's that whole pesky gain of function research we're doing to create pandemics that will kill millions and millions of people. Thank you for working so hard American tax payers and for funding that well mangala like research. Appreciate the kind words, Linda, I really do, and I'm glad you tuned in. And yeah, I've observed the same thing over my lesser period on this earth. We got Bill in New Hampshire, Gary, Mississippi. James, you guys don't mind holding I mean more than please to take your call, but amount of time at six forty six right now at fifty five KCD talk station. A call that you need to make is one to Peter Shabria Kellowilliams, seven Hills. You need a great real estate agent. You're going to have the best heat and his team are superior in all way, shapes and forms. You want value from your real estate agent. And you get it with Peter Shabri and the team at Kelor Williams seven Hills. So let's talk about one of the programs here. Well, how about this one. You need to move quickly and you don't want to stage your home. You're one of those folks. Maybe you've got a couple of dogs. You got to get them out of the house so the real estate agents can come over and show your home on a Sunday for a few hours. How about not doing that? How about not painting the walls. You got that say Pepto bismo, pink living room, and even though you like it, the vast majority of the American public probably doesn't. And that's going to be something that needs to be changed. And a real estate agent will inform you about things that you should change to get the most out of your home. You don't want to go through that hassle. So what you do is you call Peter Shabrier or Color Williams seven Hills and the team there. They'll come over to your place and within forty eight hours of seeingior home, they will give you a offer, a cash offer. You can close as quickly as four fourteen days after the offer quickly efficiently with you dealing with zero hassle. So if a property you need to unload in a hurry, call the SBRI group just one of the many programs they offer that no one else is doing. Seven zero eight three thousand dot com. That's the website's also the phone number. Put a five one three in front of it. Five one three seven zero eight three thousand. If you forget all that and you can remember how to spell shabrie c h A b RS, type in Shabri group and your search engine and you will easily find them contact them. You'd be glad you did.
Speaker 12: Chabri Group fifty five KRC.
Speaker 8: Your hands were caught. Here's your Channa.
Speaker 4: Nine.
Speaker 2: Weather forecasts got clouds a day partly sunny sky showing sun shows up around one pm fifty five for the high clouds over nine time to thirty. We're gonna have a mostly sunny Friday with a high forty two, with clouds over night down to thirty three and rain during the daytime at some point Saturday high in the mid fifties. Right now, it's forty three degrees in time for chuck. With traffic from the UCL.
Speaker 11: Traffic Center Heart disease is the leading cause of death in the US. If you're a risk, trust the experts that you see health for innovative and personal eyed herdcare. Expect more at you sehealth dot com. Major problems heading into downtown seth Bend seventy one. Traffic being diverted off of a highway at Third Street. So was inbound Columbia Parkway. It's all due to an overturned semi on westbound Fort Washington Wade. There's a wreck on Bypass four with injuries at Port Union Chuck Ingram on fifty five KR see the talk station.
Speaker 2: Sixth if you want pik about krcite talk station Straight to the phones we go. Got a few callers online, beginning in the order in which they received New Hampshire Gary, good to hear from you today, Cally.
Speaker 10: Going, Brian, I'm just passing on the love. You know, Hey, did I win the state work?
Speaker 2: Your callers just said your caller six you missed it by one.
Speaker 10: Oh my goodness. Hey, I just love to say, you're not alone wolf alone voice out in the wilderness, and we really appreciate you. You're not just shuting into him. There or tens of thousands of people that are listening to you every minute the other day.
Speaker 2: I appreciate that, I really do, and you know, I do get ratings books, and I kind of realize that. But some days I just it's like I want to know what other people are thinking about, what other people are curious about. I mean, I'm essentially like an editor, like for a newspaper. You know, there's millions of articles that can be reported, but there's a finite amount of space and in my case, a finite amount of time. It's why I've always commented at the end of the week, I got a ream of papers worth of stories that I never got around to. And sometimes people want to talk about a particular topic and I'm not on that topic. So that's why I enjoy hearing from listeners to kind of steer the direction of the conversation, engage in thoughtful communications. Like the last color who observed that Benjaminett and Yahoo, he got it. He was almost cracking up when Trump talked about taking over and running Gaza. I mean, nobody serious. People don't believe that we are actually going to make Gaza fifty first state or something. But initiating the conversation is what he's doing trying to get other people interested in the whole idea of turning a wasteland into something that's productive and valuable and useful so that human beings can inhabit it safely without fear of getting run over by terrorists. That's how you get a conversation started. Maybe you know it's a little in artful, and people will be able to comment and criticize him for it, But you're dealing with Donald Trump here, folks. You got to take what he says with a bit of a grain of salt and sort of try to appreciate where he's coming from. Thanks, Gary's great hearing from you, Mississippi. James, my friend, how are you today, sir?
Speaker 17: Doing all right?
Speaker 21: Doctor Bryant. Now, it's called one World Order, and that's where we hit it, brother, So you all can down play it and joke about it. That's how he got into this position, Donald Trump, and he could have just his way of run as a Democrat, and then all the jokes and the stuff.
Speaker 2: Will be on the other side. In what way, Hey, Donald Trump ran on America first, and he is doing whatever he can to make America, as he says, great again. We want us to be independent in terms of you know, our own energy supplies and our own production. And this is all for the benefit of America and hopefully you know that benefits the rest of the world. If we set the idea this free exercise of speech and our freedoms, our liberties, capitalism, productive producing businesses that hire people, we serve as an example for the rest of the world. But we're not taking over the rest of the world. We're not dealing with imperialism here.
Speaker 1: Oh, it's part of it.
Speaker 2: It's common in what way.
Speaker 22: I mean?
Speaker 2: I mean, in other words, James, how do you reach the conclusion that that is that he's gravitory, gravitating towards something the Democrats fully embrace, which is globalism, one world government that you know, these these huge businesses and industries are striving for. In other words, have something like China dictatorial China and just edicts and mandates with no legislative oversight, no no interjection of the populace in terms of the direction of the country is going. That's the left wing globalist mentality. I don't hear anything from Trump that is that is globalist related. He's just looking out for our best interest.
Speaker 21: Well, remember this, remember this time, and when they be revealed to it, you will see it all right. You may not be able to put it into words to tell you where you will accept it, but just remember this time. What's today, July, I meanly February.
Speaker 2: February. Mark it down. When James predicted that the United States would take over the world, I got it marked down. James. I think you're in the wrong direction. I think he's merely trying to set an exact ample for the globalists in the world that know that's not how to run a railroad. We'll see. So let's say keep your the pendulum swinging back and forth, as you always point out. James, I appreciate the call. Bill, I don't have time, but if you want to hold, I'll be happy to take your call. After the break. I gotta run though. At six fifty six, Right now, stick around Donovan and New Americans for Prosperity at seven thirty on Tax Cuts and Jobs Act.
Speaker 8: Covering Trump's first one hundred days.
Speaker 18: Every day we stand on the verge of the four greatest years in American history.
Speaker 8: Fifty five KRC the Talk station. This report is spawning.
Speaker 22: Rooney so Lonery so loronery and sade real roone, no one just be only sitting on my rear to phone.
Speaker 1: I walk where were hard.
Speaker 22: And make on wait within.
Speaker 2: No need to on Joe, Eric sent you that as a suggestion. Well he knows. Team America is our favorite. Seven oh six here fifty five ker City talkstation. That was lamenting like that was a lone voice in the wilderness. In the last hour, phuonesl it up. I appreciated that. Got to have some good conversations, some excellent observations. And I promise Bill, if he held he would be first out of the gate. Bill, thanks for holding over the breake there. Welcome to the morning show.
Speaker 18: All I gotta say is go Joe. A couple of quick comments on something that so Biden releases. The community sentences of these prisoners that were on death row? Is that community?
Speaker 5: Is that true?
Speaker 10: Is that the term?
Speaker 2: Well, there's a commutation and then there's a pardon. Now, if you're on death row and you have your death sentence commuted, you're gonna still spend the rest of your life in prison, at least as I understand it. If you're pardoned, then you are forgiven for whatever crime. You've been accused of and you wouldn't be you wouldn't remain in jail. So there are differences between the two. But I saw that go ahead.
Speaker 18: We're now off death row where they were isolated, and now they're into the general population of the prison.
Speaker 9: Is that true?
Speaker 2: That would be my I guess my understanding. I'm not sure how any prison is run. I've never run a prison, but I don't know if you remain in some sort of you know, isolated or you know, high security custody, anything like that. No concept, but it just means you're not going to be walking into the to the electric chair, gas chamber, or however they kill you these days. But I did see that.
Speaker 18: The general population. I don't think that's gonna work really well for them based on.
Speaker 10: Some of their history.
Speaker 2: Well, you never know, as it's always pointed out, and I've talked to members of Lawn for on this program many many many times over the years, and if you are a child molester or a child rapist and you're in prison, you are in for a world of hurt. And you know what I'm talking about when I say that, because a lot of the prisoners in prisons have children, of their own, and they don't look too kindly on child rapists, so they're in the general population, they have to deal with the challenges. I don't know that being a murderer subjects you to more attacks or or harm or represents a bigger challenge for other prisoners than anybody else, because most everybody that's in a federal prison is probably guilty of some horrific crime or another. So you know, whatever commit a crime, you're gonna have to deal with the time, and you're gonna have to deal with the consequences of being locked up in a prison, which I imagine is hell on earth, which is another reason why I'm not in favor of the death penalty. Some people are wrongfully convicted, and sometimes they're ultimately let out after DNA evidence comes out. People admit that they lied on the bench, they admit that prosecutors engaged in suppressing evidence or otherwise not handing over exculpatory evidence to the defense council, and they end up getting out. That's why I don't believe in the death penalty, even for the worst offenders. You know why, because it would be hell on earth being locked up into prison for your entire life also gives you an opportunity to get out if you've been wrong fully convicted, but there are also opportunities, and I was looking for the article as you mentioned that US Attorney General Pam Bondi seeking to reverse last hour commutations for the death row murderers, and again that would mean a commutation of the death penalty, but not freedom into the general population of the you know, not being released from prison. But pointed out that maybe state officials could pursue death penalty against the inmates under state law because a presidential commutation slash pardon only frees you up or releases you from federal crimes, and quite often federal crimes mirror the laws in states. Is like, you can be tried under federal law, you can be tried under state law, or maybe be tried under both. So just because you got off from a commutation of your death sentence by President Joe Biden doesn't mean that maybe the state couldn't also bring independent charges and pursue the death penalty under state law. Complicated slightly, but that's kind of the reality is. We're staring at it right now. Appreciate the call, my friend five one, three, seven four nine fifty eight hundred eight two three talk pound fixt fifty on AT and T phone. As I mentioned, coming up at bottom of the hour, Donovan O'Neil, what is the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act? Donald to be talking about that? Mark Meckler coming up at eight oh five on a Convention of States and he's the Convention of States President, and do we need one?
Speaker 9: What is it?
Speaker 2: What would accomplish? Are there dangers associated with with putting together Convention of States? Mark on that topic, and of course it being Thursday, Thank god, I hurt Media aviation expert Jay Ratliffe at eight thirty. Now, something I bring up all the time. I got a real problem because you know, I believe in the Constitution, and I don't believe in an imperial president. And I'm even call I call into question even some of Donald Trump's actions, many of which would be challenged in court. Going back to the whole idea of taking over Gaza maybe for the purposes of rebuilding it, because we rebuild nations that we bomb into submission, like Germany Japan, for example, in the aftermath of World War Two. We put our money and our time and resources to making those places a better place to live and welcoming them into a mutually a beneficial relationship. Now that is possible in Gaza. But the whole idea that Donald Trump can somehow pick up the Palestinian people and push them into Egypt or someplace else, I find rather offensive. Substitute the word Palestinian for Jews, and doesn't it sound remarkably Nazi esque. We're gonna round up all the Jews and send them to Egypt. We're gonna round up all the Palestinians and send them to Egypt so we can rebuild Gaza. No, I just don't like the way that sounds, and I don't think it's legally possible. And kind of agree with the top of the air news there with the European Union saying that, you know, international law may have something to say about that, you know, but talk amongst yourselves. But Donald Trump the other day said, in so far as Iran is concerned because they have threatened his life over the killing of Cassam Solomani, Trump ordered a rocket strike and killed that guy. It was a nasty figure. He led the Iranian a Revolutionary Guard Court cud's force, responsible for the death of many many people. So bad guy got killed, but we don't have a declaration of war going on. You know, we bomb people in random countries all the time. So I always mentioned, and I've jokingly said, well, what if Canada decides there's some bad guy here in the United States and they rockets strike the guy. That's an attack on American soil. That could be viewed as an act of war. Right, So Trump's I've left instructions if they do it. In other words, if they killed me, they would get obliterated. There won't be anything left referring to the country of Iran. Okay, So here we have a real life illustration of that flip side. We know the Iranians hate Trump. We know they are angry over the killing of that Revolutionary Guard corp Cuts Force leader. What would your perception be if Iran launched a rocket strike at the White House and blew up Donald Trump. Wouldn't your response be that is an act of war? And don't you think Congress might get together and declare war against Iran? I think that will be an appropriate response, But there would have to be a congressional decision along those lines. They would have to decide whether American military resources would be put to the chore and the task of wiping iron off the face of the earth, as Donald Trump claims he left instructions to do if they kill him. But the world's obviously a smaller place in this technology. Look, Iron's like two seconds away from building a nuclear bomb. So's North Korea and they already have one probably. But look there you go. Everybody and his brother now has drones, including drug cartels. In Mexico, We're about two seconds away from you having a drone parked in your driveway that'll fly you to wherever you work. This technology is pervasive, It's everywhere, and it offers an opportunity. It creates an opportunity for evil people to do evil things using the technology. So I am no fan of war. This whole military industrial complex has always gotten me down, and I think we engage in too much warlike activity around the world. How much good did it get us invading Afghanistan after the Russians were there for thirteen years. It did them no good except cost them thousands and thousands of lives. We spend a longer period of time there absolutely accomplishing nothing whatsoever. From the time that we spent there to pull the plug on it almost immediately and have more of our people killed as we're leaving, and leaving billions of dollars in military equipment for the designated enemies that we were there to try to eradicate to use to their advantage. Doesn't make any sense, does it anyway? I guess it just depends on whose ox is being gored. But when you are the strongest military power in the entire world, and you've got stuff in things that the American military has that no other country has, you can make threats and you can carry out random killings on lands that we have no war with because oh, there's the bad guy. But that world was rapidly changing. This unique American military power ability and we still are the biggest and the best on the planet doesn't just exist in the hands of us anymore. You've got to project that out into the world and think about that as we move forward and make decisions. But like I said, if ron launched a missile strike at the White House and killed Donald Trump, I think we all would agree there will be an active war, and we probably would have a declaration of war, which would be the only right appropriate mechanism for us to well obliterate them. As Trump said, your thoughts quite welcome here five on three seven four nine fifty two three talk Odo Exit. It's a great set of products, Odo Exit. There's several different oto exit products and they are designed too with a one hundred percent satisfaction guarantee. Get rid of the odors that you're dealing with. Pick an odor, smoke, mold, mildew, dog oder, cat oat, or human odor, food odors. All of it eradicated with one of the oto exit products. It's easy to figure out which one you need based upon the odor you want to get rid of. Instructions are quite clear. If you have any questions about how to use the odor eg the products is a toll free number to call them. Maybe you don't know which product to buy, call them up. They're really friendly folks right here in Cincinnati, locally owned and operated and celebrating a twenty five year anniversary just last week. Proud of what they do and so many satisfied customers. Again, if it doesn't work, you get your money back. Buy the products online at otorregsit dot com. Order them before three pm today and they'll be on your front porch tomorrow. Or buy them locally with the little search engine they have right on the website at oto egsit od O, r xit noe. Excuse me oterexit dot com.
Speaker 12: This is fifty five KRC and iHeartRadio station.
Speaker 2: Hi Gary Salvin. Here for shoot off, tour channel and weather forecast. We got to mostly cloud at a partly sunny day. They say the sun will show up sometime around one today. Fifty five will be the high down to thirty overnight with clouds mostly Sunday skies. Tomorrow I'll have forty two clouds overnight dry and thirty three on Saturday. We got the rain moving in sometime in the daytime in the mid fifties, right down forty five degrees. Time for traffic update Chuck from.
Speaker 11: The UCL Traffic Center. Heart disease is the leading cause of death in the US. If you're at risk, trust the experts that you see Health for innovative and person of ice heartcare.
Speaker 1: Expect more at U see health dot com.
Speaker 11: Southbound seventy one and inbound Coromumbia park Way both be forced off at Third Street due to an overturned semi on westbound for Washington Way.
Speaker 1: There's a wreck.
Speaker 11: Northbound seventy one on the ramp to Montgomery westbound two seventy five at four and westbound thirty two just before two seventy five, Chuck ingramon fifty five KR see the talk station.
Speaker 2: Seven fifty five KRCD talk station Happy Friday, Eve afp Airmaricans for Prospecty Donovan O'Neil up next, talking about tax cuts and Jobs Act, What that might mean? What's in it? Convention? To State President Mark McLay eight to five. Do we need one? It's a good question. I think you feel like half of my listening audiences it'd be a good idea, and havel say it'd be a terrible idea. And I can hear people chiming in all the time on that, so we'll hear what Mark has to say at eight oh five, and of course fast forward a little more than an hour to Jay ratliffire aviation expert. Always a typically lighthearted conversation. Sadly last week it wasn't. Given the air traffic disasters we were facing five one, three, seven, four, nine fifty five hundred, eight hundred eight two to three Taco with pound five fifty on AT and T phones. We were talking earlier. Someone brought up the idea that Democrats are actually just just beside themselves over Elon Musk and his efforts to pair back the size and scope of government and find money and save money because we spend too much. I can't imagine a human being alive that thinks the government doesn't spend too much given our national debt, and that that national debt really does jeopardize every program that exists. If you're hooked up to the bubilical court of government, maybe you're thinking about your Social Security payment, maybe you're on Medicaid, Medicare, Medicaid a curity, the social welfare programs that no one will touch because of the third whale of politics. All of those programs are in jeopardy because the government spends too much damn money. And going back to this Usaid program where forty million dollars goes to stupid things around the world. Elon Musk identifying a whole bunch of them the other day in the morning show is identifying a whole bunch of them, like they think the gay Opera or whatever. Pick and choose whichever one you want that you find offensive or stupid. You paid for it, so cut it. The world won't miss a program like that. However, I don't think they hear what they're saying. Democratic lawmakers going after Elon Musk's effort with this dodge program. Here's one representative, Diana Presley, Democrat from Massachusetts. Elon Musk is a Nazi NEPO baby, a godless, lawless billionaire who no one elected. And there's that no an elected point that people keep making it. Who's Elon Musk? And how the hell do you end up that position? He's an advisor and thanks to the color pointed out doctor Fauci, that was doctor Fauci elected. The guy who told you you couldn't visit your grandparents in the nursing home, the guy that told you to wear the mask that didn't do anything. I remember, you know, these visions of people walking around Kroger, you know, with with pantyhose wrapped around their face. And then we find out even the best mask out there doesn't stop you from exhaling coronavirus around It just seeps right through. My parallel has always been picking up a handful of sand and throwing it in a chain link fence. Well, the fence stops some of the sand from going through. Yeah, some, but the rest of it's going to go right through. Also, Iyana pressed, y elon, this is the American people. This is not your trashy cyber t truck that you can just dismantle, pick apart and sell the pieces of. Well, you can also argue the flip side, which is, wait, wait a second, why are you in government, elected or unelected officials in charge of allocating the scarce taxpayer dollars, throwing money and approving programs globally that advanceed woke agenda. We didn't ask for that. I mean did anybody in my listening audience ask for that? I mean, did you really think about when you were voting for someone that I'm really hoping we fund a gay lesbian opera in Ireland or something ore? Again, the creation of a virus that creates a pandemic that kills millions of people? Do you sign up for that? What elected officials decided that that was a good idea?
Speaker 9: None?
Speaker 1: Not a one.
Speaker 2: And in fact it was contrary to the order of believe President Barack Obama, who said we don't, we should not fund any of this research. What happened fout you went ahead and approved it and funded it anyway. Unelected official at least Musk is taking strides and efforts to stop that crap from happening, and I applaud those efforts, and maybe we should thank God for unelected officials at least have some measure of understanding about how a well oiled, efficient businesses run. Can you imagine a well oiled efficient federal government late at night dreaming? Exactly Joe exactly seven twenty six fifty five kre City Talk station. Coming up next, Donovan and the Americans for Prosperity. After I mentioned my good friends at Emory Federal Credit Union a better way to bank. Learn about the benefits of banking with Emory. Go to EMORYFCU dot org. And remember, once you're a member of Emory, they're gonna give you twenty five bucks just for signing up. And then once you find out how awesome it is banking with them, or you're gonna want to tell your friends about it. And when your friends listen to you, he'd your advice and sign up. They will get twenty five dollars also, and so will you. It's a referral program, merely spreading to the word about the benefits of banking with them, where you can earn extra cash and help your loved ones unlock a world of financial opportunities. Been banking there for more than a decade. Visit EMORYFCU dot org for all the details. Emory FCU dot org. Certain restrictions do apply, You'll find them right there on the website. MLS number four zero one zeroid seven federally insured by NCUA. They are an equal housing lender.
Speaker 12: Fifty five Care.
Speaker 2: Channel nine Weather forecast. We have a mostly clody day until around one o'clock when we get some sunny sky fifty five for the high. Partly clody over night thirty mostly Sunday Friday with a high forty two, clouds over ninth down to thirty three, and rain in the daytime on Saturday, high in the mid fifty forty four degrees. Right now, it's time for traffic.
Speaker 11: From the uc UPTRAANMFIC center. Heart disease is the leading cause of death in the US. If you're at risk, trusts the expert you see help for innovative and personalized hardcare.
Speaker 1: Expect more at you see how dot com.
Speaker 11: Both southbound seventy one and westbound Columbia Parkway. Traffic is being diverted off the third street thanks to an overturned semi on westbound Fort Washington Way. There's rex on westbound thirty two before two seventy five and northbound seventy one Rampton Montgomery Road in Kenwood, chocking from on fifty five KRC the talk station.
Speaker 2: Seven thirty year fifty five KR City Talk Station. Very happy Friday eve to you. Welcome back to the fifty five KRC Morning Show. Another appearance by Donald and Neil with Americans for Prosperity. I guess in a celebratory mood, Americans for Prosperity, is you sent out thank you kartch for those who voted for the tax cuts in Job Act of twenty seventeen. Welcome back down on the Neil. It's always good to talk with you. Hey, good to be here. Absolutely yeah.
Speaker 13: Well usually, you know, so we roll up to these congressional offices and they're like, what do we do wrong asps here? But this time what we were doing, they can the green and yellow scars are showing up. No, in this case, part of what we did is, you know, the twenty seventeen Trump tax cuts and Jobs Act. We reissued some thank you cards on that, not because we're a few years late in getting our appreciation out, but because we wanted to remind folks these five members of Congress Jim Jordan, Warren Davidson, Mike Turner, Dave Joyce, and I've got somebody on the tip of my tongue, it's flipping past me, Bob Lada had all voted for that original Act. We wanted to thank them for their work then and use that to begin to drive the conversation about how we need to make these Trump tax cuts permanent. And so it was great to go out and get a lot of signatures and start to engage folks on something that they've probably forgot a little bit about, because you know, twenty seventeen feels like a lifetime ago.
Speaker 2: For a minute, folks, it really does. And I was kind of chuckling to myself about twenty seventeen and you're thanking them for something they did back in twenty seventeen, because obviously it's facing expiration. That's the thing that I'll be quite candid and blunt in my comments. It pisces me off that they don't make these cuts permanent. And require a subsequent Congress to take the step to actually increase our taxes, which is never a popular thing.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 13: Well, you know the reason they do this is because you know, there there are always a handful of folks, these are always slim majorities we have who you know, say hey, we gotta we gotta make sure the fiscal note looks healthy. And I think that's a that's an honorable thing to do, right. We want fiscal conservatives. We've folks who like that, But I think you could achieve a better outcome if you did what you're saying there, Brian, Right, make the tax cuts permanent and force them to go back and actually say we're gonna claw this money from our citizens, rather than reversus saying we're gonna we're just gonna let them expire so we can have a healthier fiscal note. We need more restraint across the board.
Speaker 2: Well, it also, I mean a permanent tax cut or even a permanent tax increase, if you want to go that route and you think it's the right thing to do, it at least allows businesses the perception of planning. They don't have to worry about the end coming and how they're going to react when they know that this is going to disappear at a certain calendar date. It's just it throws, you know, advanced planning on its head.
Speaker 13: Well, it's an absolutely key point. And one of the things that we're driving right is that these these tax cuts, the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act, impacts folks up and down the income scale. It impacts not just individuals, but businesses, not just big businesses.
Speaker 6: It impacts small mom and pop shops.
Speaker 13: Right, they can take some of their depreciation and apply it to this tax, to the current TAXI rather than the other. But right now, because of these tax that's expiring in some of the tax planning an unknown what they should be doing this year to prep for next year until Congress gets some stability in place and makes these Trump tax cuts permanent.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and I love the argument that they make all the time because no one has ever identified what quote unquote fair share is. They don't pay their fair they need to pay their fair share, they need to pay their And you question that, like, well, wait a second, what is fair share? Because it seems to be a moving target for anybody making those statements. But then as we sit here and going back to Elon Musk and like, for example, that whole USAID program at forty billion dollars, showing out nonsensical money, massive quantities of money for really nonsensical problem or issues or projects throughout the world. Stop and puzzle. Sometimes I think the LUFT just says we need to take more money merely for the sense of taking it away and depriving whoever they're taking it from of their freedom to spend it wherever the hell they want. And when you step back and look at what they're spending on, you're like, wait a second, you don't you don't need to take more money. You're already wasting billions and billions of dollars on stupid things that even the left wingers don't want.
Speaker 13: Well, I think that's part of what is being exposed through some of what the DOGE, Department of Government Efficiency, Elon Musk and the current Trump administration are doing. Right, they're sort of exposing what you're saying there, Right, It's never enough, There's no there's no fair share, there's no upper limit. There's this idea, and it exists not just in Congress, but in Columbus, where they know better than us how to spend our money. They can better help our communities than we can. And it's just a fundamental conflict divisions as Thomas soul book, great book, but it's the conflict divisions. They believe they know better than us, the people, and it's wrong, it's wrong, and it's why we got to fight for these tasks. That's what we've got to fight back against, this effort to continue to grow the size and scope of government and support initiatives like this that are going to help keep the money in our pockets. So we did support the initiatives in our communities and help our neighbors out, not wait for the government to show up and.
Speaker 2: Do that well. And isn't it a sorry state of affairs? And you know, I'll pick on the military budget, and it's worthy of picking on. It's huge. It's more than like the entire globe spends on American military. And you're talking to someone who loves the American veteran and thanks every single one of them for enlisting and defending our country and doing the right thing by America. But when you look at the numbers, there is so much fraud, waste, and abuse in just that one segment of government that Donovan. O'Neil, you know as well as I do. They can't even pass an audit. They can't even get in all. They tried eight times and failed every time. Hold on, Donald, I'll tell you what. Just leave that sit right there and we'll bring it back because we're out of time in the segment. I'm not through with you yet. Thought of it, O'Neil. I'll just pause for we'll bring Donovan right back. After I mentioned my good friends at Zimmer Zimmer Heating and air Conditioning there to serve your heating and air conditioning needs. Of course, we're dealing with wintertime temperatures now, so you got a problem with your HVAC system. Generally speaking, go with the folks at zim er Chris Zimmer, he's running the ship now. This is third generation, family owned and operated. They are having a plus with the BBB. They do wonderful work. It's easy to schedule an appointment and learn more about the company. It's go Zimmer dot COM's website upper right hand corner. You got after our service needs. They can help you out during regular business hours. Go ahead and sign up for an appointment. They'll come to your place. They will be great customer service second and none with Zimmer and of course the price will be right, service excellent. So whether it's repair or replacement, they are authorized carrier the service and are authorized for selling Carrier A HVAC units and that's an excellent system. In fact, Carrier invented air conditioning. So whether it's a repair of service or getting on of their maintenance program, which is a great idea to extend the life of your system, get ahead of problems before they crop up. Rely on zimmer toe Chriszimmerbrian said him, and you give them a call for the out appointment. Five one three five two one ninety eight ninety three five one three, five two one ninety eight ninety three Again online it's go zimmer dot com.
Speaker 12: Fifty five KRC Jenn.
Speaker 2: Nine says today is going to be mostly clouded to partly sunny. You went around for the sun. They say it'll show up sometime around one o'clock today. Fifty five for the high down to thirty overnight with clouds, a mostly sunny Friday, forty two for the high overnight clouds and thirty three the low Saturday. We're going to see highs in the mid fifties rain showing up sometime in the daytime. It's about forty some odd degree forty four right now. Time for traffic from the UCL Traffic Center. Heart disease is a leading cause of death in the US. If you're at risk, trust the experts at You see Health for Innovative and Personalized Hardcare.
Speaker 1: Expect more. You see health dot com.
Speaker 11: Southbound seven tventy one traffic being diverted off the third So is inbound Columbia Parkway being diverted off the third street due to an overturned semi on westbound Fort Washington Way. There's a wrecking withth pound seventy one on the ramp to Montgomery Road in Kenwood, Hey and westbound thirty two near east Gate Drive. Kingbram I'm fifty five k seed the talk station.
Speaker 2: Seven forty two, fifty five Karrisee detalk station Brion Thomas with Donovan and Neil from Americans for Prosperity, talking about the tax cuts and Jobs Acts up twenty seventeen, which is set to expire, trying to keep it in place. And you know, Donovan, going back to my earlier comments, I really get the suspicion that I mean, this is not somebody would make the argument that, well, we need more taxes from people, We need to raise taxes because we've got this massive debt that we have built up. We need to pay that down or something. But it's a laughable proposition because it just keeps getting bigger and bigger, regardless of which administration assigned, that the federal government just spends too much. And then as we are finding out now more and more each and every day, thanks to Elon Musk and Donald Trump, or Donald Trump and Elon Musk, that we have a fat, bloated government that just spends countless billions of dollars on stuff and things that nobody in the American public wants, needs or is benefited by, which leads me to conclude, and I'm interested in your reaction on this, it's not really about providing needed, valuable government services. It's more about just taking money just because their perception is, well, you just make too much, we need to take it away from you. This whole concept of you know, from each according's bility, each courting is a need or socialism or some form of twisted Marxism. It's not about efficiency, it's not about doing good. It's just about leveling the financial playing field for no other reason than to level the financial playing field.
Speaker 10: Yeah.
Speaker 13: Well yeah, so it's using in that case, right, it's using the federal government or e government's taxing cysts mechanism to achieve social outcomes right in that equity. Yeah, and it's uh, you know that's a problem, right, because that's not that's not how how this should work.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 6: We should be we should be given.
Speaker 13: The government, letting the government take right permissively, letting the government take just what it needs to provide its core essential services. And when it comes to the federal government, Brian, just a couple of things come to mind from me, right. One is national defense. Let's make sure we can protect ourselves from the enemies abroad. And border security. Let's make sure that what we we have integrity as a nation, and we could secure our borders and know who's coming and going, and the good folks should be able to get here and the bad folks should stay out. Beyond that, there ain't a lot the federal government should be doing. Now, you know, that's it's hard to get back to that kind of purity, right and clarity, and what the federal government subjectives are, but it seems like we're taking a good stab at.
Speaker 6: It right now with what dose is doing.
Speaker 2: And if we can.
Speaker 13: Keep the government off of our paychecks and make these tax cuts permanent, it's another step in right direction to not keep feeding the beast that just will never have enough of our hard earned money.
Speaker 2: All right, now, moving back to the challenge. Obviously Democrats are not going to be in favor of renewing or keeping in place the Trump tax cuts under the TCJA. But in the face of everything that's being revealed, do you think they're going to lose their argument along those lines and that their own constituents are going to say, wait a second, Wait a second, you guys really don't need more money. And in fact, the less money you take out of our paychecks, the more tax revenue will flow into the Washington federal government because will be more efficient, will produce more goods and services and ergo more revenue, more people employed because we've got freedom to hire people with the money that they didn't take. That's the reality of lower taxes. No one seems to want to admit it, but it's been proven over and over again.
Speaker 13: Yeah, well, without a doubt, and I think nobody left, right or in between the likes to see money being misspent right, And I think that's part of what is being talked about right now, is that this money isn't going you know, it's going to a lot of things, but it's not going to the things that are going to actually help people where they're hurting, right with their grocery bill, with their filling up their car, with paying their utilities, of getting their kids through school.
Speaker 8: With finding the job right. And I think you know your drive on.
Speaker 13: That message, and then you connect folks to the reality that you know, we don't need to be feeding a rape system and this is your money, not Washington's. And I think we've got a winning formula to be successful at this stage to get things done. Folks are coming out of four years of Bidenomics. They're paying, as I think some like twelve thousand more to live the same standard of living they were living four years ago when Trump was back and off it was in office. The first time Bidenomics made people have to spend twelve thousand dollars more a year just to maintain their standard of living. They want relief, and when they hear that billions of dollars are going overseas to wacky programs. They demand accountability. And I think this is going to the conversation happening now in Washington around DOGE and USAID is helpful in the conversation around why we need to have the Trump tax customer permanent and we need to rein in the out of control monster that is the US federal government bureaucracy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, no question about it. And you know, bidnomics in part is literally the running of the fat currency printing press. The more dollars you produce and generate just out of thin air, the less your dollar in your pocket is worth. I mean, that's just just generally accepted economic reality.
Speaker 13: Thomas Massey had a really good clip that made the rounds a week or so ago. I feel like where he demonstrated that in a congressional hearing. Right, diluting water, it's.
Speaker 8: What it doesn't dilutes the value of your dollar.
Speaker 13: And every time the federal government prints more money or comes up with a new program, that's our dollar being diluted. It's less and has less buying powered, has less impact, and you got to work more hours and harder to keep up with the standard living you were living before the federal government printed the most recent million, billion or trillion dollars whatever it might be doing right now to spend on a new program. It's got to stop. And one of the best ways to stop it is to not keep feeding the system. To make these tax fits permanent and let us keep our hard earned money so that the federal government doesn't get its hands on it and go out and spend find new ways to spend it, and then some well.
Speaker 2: As we always typically end our conversations, I want to do it again today, Donovan and Neil for Americans for Prosperity. By listeners and I and everyone can play a part in trying to keep these tax cuts in place. What's the call to action? How can we act and what do you recommend doing well?
Speaker 13: We'd like you to go to Protect prosperity dot com. At the very top of protect prosperity dot com, there's a take action button. Take action that'll get you into our system so we can contact you and let you know about upcoming events and problems and maybe maybe some congressional office visits will have coming up. But we want to hear your story. We want you to join our ranks a lot of a good time, and we're going to save the country while we're doing it. Protect Prosperity dot com take action. A member of work team will reach out to you and we'll get your plugged into what we've got going on in Southwest Ohio.
Speaker 2: I encourage everyone to do that. Donald and the team at Americans for Prosperity doing a fabulous job, demonstrable success. We can point to on other calls to action that you've announced on the morning show. And I know my listeners are really engaged, so we'll keep them engaged. Protect Prosperity dot com. Donald O'Neil, keep up the great work at Americans for Prosperity. I look forward to having you back on the program, probably with more good news down the road. We'll be here. Thanks, Brian, I know you will. Man, God bless each and every one of you. Seven nine right now, if if you five care see the talk station. Imaging can be affordable, and I'm talking hospital imaging. You don't have to go to the hospital imaging department for your your MRIs and CT scans, ultrasounds, lung screenings, cardiacs scorings. Yeah, when I'm talking about affordable imaging Services. I quite often failed to mention how inexpensive a lung screening can be. Not at the hospit little imaging department. It's only ninety nine dollars at Affordable Imaging Services for that lung screening. So if you need a lung screening, you know a historic smoker, your doctor will recommend one. That's where you need to go. You have a choice when it comes to your medical care, so don't spend thousands, spend ninety nine dollars. How about the most expensive image you can get at affordable imaging services That will be an MRII with a contrast, Unlike the hospital which might charge you three thousand, four thousand, five thousand dollars, it's six hundred and forty five dollars. Every image at Affordable Imaging Services comes with a board certified radiologist report that both you and your physician will get within forty eight hours of the image. It's low overhead, no bells and whistles at Affordable Imaging Services, but the same equipment hospital use. Do you need the marble sculpture and all of the massive building space that you're paying for in the imaging department of course, not all you need is great equipment and responsible ought or you know, qualified people to do the imaging, and that's what you get. You can go out very happy because you have more money in your pocket and a lot more hell, a CT scan can cost you five thousand dollars at a hospital, and everybody's gonna end up getting an image at some point in their life. I've been down that road many times, and I've gone to affordable imaging Services a couple of times, and I've got one schedule for a CT scan in April find out where my cancer is currently. And my doctor was perfectly fine with the image. I mean, she said, you're gonna go to the same place. I got home from that appointment and they had already called into Affordable Imaging Services to schedule to get the things scheduled. It's a great operation. So save money, put a smile on your face, and especially in a new calendar year, if you're under an Obamacare policy, remember you got ninety two hundred dollars that's going to come out of your pocket before a medical insurance even kicks in. So don't spend the money. Go to affordable imaging services and save a heap load five one three seven five three eight thousand, five one three seven five three eight thousand online. Learn more about all the pricing and information at Affordable Medimaging dot com.
Speaker 8: Fifty five card talks to a you line.
Speaker 9: The prevailing opinion is.
Speaker 8: Your morning news. Getting ready for work at all day in fault and check in throughout the day. Fifty five KRC The Talk Station.
Speaker 2: Eight oh five The fifty five kr C The Talk Station, A very happy Friday eve to you. I heard media aviation expert Jay right left the bottom of the air. I always look forward to talking to Jay, and I've been looking forward to this conversation for a some time. Mark Meckler, he's quite a guy, and you probably are familiar with him if you don't know his name. He is responsible for a bunch of things political pundit. He's an attorney, fellow attorney, business executive president of Citizens for Self Government Governance. And what we're going to be talking about a Convention of States Actions. An active proponent of a convention to propose amendens the United States Constitution, a movement that's actually growing in size and strength. Welcome to the fifty five KRC Morning from Market's a real pleasure to have you on today.
Speaker 6: Good morning, Brian, it's an honor to be with you.
Speaker 2: Now, let's just start with the basics. Article five, Convention to States. Explain to my listeners what this proposal will allow us to do. What is the goal ideally of this action.
Speaker 6: Yep, you know it's funny that we have to explain it, Brian.
Speaker 23: As a lawyer, I went to law school and realized many years later and have actually read the Constitution in law school.
Speaker 2: So I know I have read the Constitution since law school, but you don't really dive into it.
Speaker 6: Yeah, so most people don't know about this.
Speaker 23: Article five in the Constitution contains the ways in which we are able to amend the Constitution. It has two ways. One is when two thirds of Congress wants to propose an amendment, they can do so, and then they send that out to the states for ratification by three quarters of the states or thirty eight states. The second way the Framers gave to us is to call a convention of states, and it takes two thirds of states or thirty four states to call a convention. And the reason they gave us this method they said in Convention that they knew that the federal government we can become a tyranny at some point, and that the states would have to have a way to reign in the federal government. So that's why they gave us this second clause of Article five. And basically what it does is allows the states, when two thirds of them want to to gather in convention, they have to state in advance the reasons they want to gather in convention, and the states.
Speaker 6: All have to agree.
Speaker 23: Thirty four states have to degree on the reason, and they can go to convention propose amendments. And the primary reason is to restrain the federal government. And so right now we have a movement going on. Nineteen states have passed a resolution to impose term limits on federal officials. That's the electeds, but also the deep state that we're seeing so exposed right now, staffers and bureaucrats. Number two, to impose fiscal restraints on the federal government, like a balanced budget amendment, spending caps, tax caps, and number three, and I think most importantly personally, is to restrain the scope and jurisdiction of the federal government. So, for example, when the president is talking about getting rid of the Department of Education.
Speaker 6: I think that's great, but we need to make.
Speaker 23: That permanent administry, and we'll put it back in place so you can have an amendment, for example, that says there can be no involvement of the federal government in education, and that would do a way with a Department of Education permanently.
Speaker 2: Well, it seems to me one of the easiest mechanisms to achieve the goal of tearing back the excessive reach of government springs from a case I know, you know, which involves the commerce clause Wickered versus Philburn, which allows them to pretty much do anything they damn will please, literally anywhere, simply because anything we do impacts interstate commerce, even on a minuscule level.
Speaker 23: Yeah, you know, it's funny you bring up that case. So few people who are not lawyers know about it. We who are lawyers know it's actually insane. That case basically said there was a farmer in Ohio who's growing wheat for the consumption of his own family, and the federal government penalized him for growing too much wheat. And he said, look, you have no authority over me because I didn't do anything other than grow weak for my own family. I'm not engaged in interstate commerce. And the federal government said, yeah, exactly, you didn't do anything. That's why we can regulate you. Yeah, and even what do you mean?
Speaker 6: And the court ruled that well, because he didn't sell.
Speaker 23: His wheat in interstate commerce and he didn't buy weed in interstate commerce, he affected interstate commerce.
Speaker 6: In other words, he did nothing, so he.
Speaker 23: Could be regulated, and that gave the federal government the power literally to regulate just about anything.
Speaker 2: I don't mean to move off topic, because that, to me is such a critical case in expanding the size of the scope of government. I mean, the EPA uses it a teaspoon of water on your land and they can regulate it. It's just it's insanity. Do you think ever in your or my lifetime that it can more conservative Supreme Court which we currently have. It may even be more conservative if Trump has his way and gets more justices appointed. Would ever overturn the lunacy of that case?
Speaker 23: You know, we have no indication right now that that would happen. I think they will pair back that case. I want people to understand, because we're lawyers. I want to kind of just bring it to layman's terms. Because my mind works more like a layman. What we're talking about about is the Supreme Court removing authority for the federal government to allow.
Speaker 6: These agencies in these regulations.
Speaker 23: And in other words, because of the Commerce Clause, the federal government is allowed to have an EPA USDA all of these agencies Department of Energy, Department of Education, each of these agencies requires authority under the Constitution. None of them have it in writing under the Constitution. Right, this is an interpretation by the Supreme Court creating that authority. So the Court would have to say, oh, we were wrong on that commerce cause case, not just that one, but a whole line of cases that follow it. Indeed, so I think they might pair back on it. But if we want to make dramatic progress on that, we can do that in a Convention of States. We can reinterpret or go back to the original interpretation of the Commerce Clause, which actually just said that the federal government has the power to regulate, which meant to smooth out Back then, it didn't mean to prepare all these regulations interstate commerce, and commerce meant the shipment of goods across state lines. Trying to do is prevent trade wars between the states exactly.
Speaker 2: I mean, it just seems so simple a solution, and I know everybody would face an uphill challenge getting a Supreme Court to overturn that long standing, ridiculous precedent, But I think some of the goals of Convention of the States that you're talking about could be achieved if they would reverse that. I mean, that's kind of that's kind of why I initially gravitated towards me bring even bringing that case up, Mark, because you know, we need to amend the Constitution if that one case was overturned and they took away the federal government's power to regulate stuff that we are not doing over across state lines.
Speaker 6: So and yeah, look, you nailed it, Brian. I think that's really important.
Speaker 23: It would probably do a way, we don't know the exact number, but probably do away with forty to fifty percent of the federal government because they just wouldn't have the authority to operate anywhere. Yay.
Speaker 2: Now, can we put that on the list of things of the Convention of States to do to redefine the commerce clause to actually mean cross state line commerce and not just any activity that might somehow impact commerce generally.
Speaker 23: I can guarantee you that's something that I will be lobbying for if I'm a convention.
Speaker 2: I love hearing it all right now, people who are against the idea of a convention of States, And I think you've already explained a way why this is not a major concern, because so many states have to approve, like ratifying an amendment to the Constitution that acts as a stop you know, a speed bumper, a stopgut measure to avoid some terrible consequences. But some people are worried about, you know, the so called runaway convention, and oh my god, if we convene a convention of States, all these left wing liberal nutcases are going to you know, enshrine DEI as an amendment to the Constitution.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 6: Well, I mean the first thing I've say is we have to know where our arguments come from. And that argument was.
Speaker 23: Created by the radical left in America in the nineteen seventies and nineteen eighties, who was led by Chief Justice Berger, who's the guy that gave us Row versus Wade, And he was being asked what he thought of a convention to overturn Roe versus Wade, and so of course he said, oh, well, that's a terrible idea, and he made up this thing which we'd never talked about before in American history, of the idea of a runaway convention, where a convention could propose all kinds of horrible things. Important to remember, a supermajority of states have to agree in advance to what the convention's about. Take thirty four states degree in advance what the limitations on conventions are. And I talked about what the ones we're proposing are, so nothing bad can happen under that. And then the ultimate stop gap in the end is anything that comes out of convention is just a suggestion. Literally, the convention has no power. All they can do is discuss and suggest, and then it takes thirty eight states to ratify. And Brian, here's a thought experiment for you. I've given this to literally millions of people. I give out my personal email address, which is Mmeckler at coosaction dot com, and say, if you're worried about this, and you're like me as conservative libertarian, give me the the amendment that you're worried about, and then list the thirty eight states that we're ratifying. And I can tell you that in doing this for eleven plus years, I've not received an.
Speaker 2: Email about it that speaks volumes mark it really does. You haven't at this for a long time, and Convention the States has been discussed for a long time, and for what I understand, the concept is really kind of it shares bipartisan support. Now, I mean, if you've got a majority of Democrats supporting it, which apparently there are, and sixty two percent of independence supporting it, and or seventy five percent of Republicans supporting it, why haven't more states just approved the concept, Ohio being one of them. They aren't marked in green on your map yet.
Speaker 23: Yeah, you know it's Ohio's been really interesting to me and a little bit frustrating. We have I would say, I'm very comfortable we have majority support in both houses, and it's really been slowed down a little bit on our side by leadership and a guy that I likes a lot, Matt Huffman, who I think has been good for the state. But and he is a big advocate of the idea of a Convention of States, but he's just been slow to allow it through the legislature. And Franklin, Ohio you know, Huffman is the guy who has the power in the legislature, and so he's just been.
Speaker 6: Slow to go.
Speaker 9: And I know him well.
Speaker 23: And I'm hoping this here that we have the support of leadership in both houses. I think we're going to and I think we're going to get it done in Ohio.
Speaker 2: This here, well, it seems to be that, you know, in the last several days the Trump administration, I mean they sprinted as soon as he was done getting sworn in. I mean, I just cannot just comprehend the flory of activity and the amount of effort and work that Trump has been able to accomplish. But I'm given large credit to Elon Musk for exposing how much waste there is in government held a USA Department and some of the programs and stupid, stupid things we spent forty billion dollars on that has to run contrary to the values of almost every American. You know, the idea of you know, funding gain of function research in the Wuhan Institute of Virology alone, they've literally killed millions of people we paid for that. What elected officials said that was a good idea? Oh, that's right, not one. So the revelation of the waste, the revelation of all of this just absolute waste a tax payer dollars and the fact that we spend trillions of dollars more than they take in every year. I mean that crosses political lines. It's indefensible.
Speaker 6: So it is.
Speaker 23: And like you said, I mean across party lines. People are in supported this because it's just common sense. I mean, first of all, most people don't know about it, but get started with when they do, and when you say, hey, what we would like to do is keep these people from being in DC for forty years. What we'd like to do is make them balance their budgets, balance their checkbooks like every human has to do, and frankly, almost every state has to do.
Speaker 6: And we want to take some power away from DC and give.
Speaker 23: It back to the states. You can see why that's nonpartisan. For example, California would get more power, New York would get more power, Illinois would get more power. States that are not conservatives, not just a conservative thing. It just takes power away from the centralizers.
Speaker 6: In DC and frankly, the tyrants in DC and gives it back to the people.
Speaker 2: Well, it also seems with the Trump administration that your idea of a Convention of States is probably going to get even more widespread support because apparently Donald Trump's has warmed up to the idea.
Speaker 23: Yeah, you know, it's been really interesting. I couldn't have predicted this, No way I could have known. But we put out a fourth quarter newsletter and there's a picture on the cover which kind of blew me away. If you look at the Trump administration right now, and you look at who is in the Trump administration that has expressed public support for Convention of States, you.
Speaker 6: Could start with jd.
Speaker 23: Vance supported us when he was running for Senator. You got Mike Huckabee, who's going to be our ambassador at Israel as one of.
Speaker 6: Our early supporters.
Speaker 23: Pete Hegseth is a very close friend of big supporter now a new sect death the incoming Sectioncretary of Agriculture, Briock Rawlins is a big supporter of ours. Caroline Levitt, who's the star of the hour, I would say, as the new Press Secretary, was the supporter of ours when she was running for the House of Representatives from New Hampshire. So we've just got a whole bunch of people in the admin around Trump and we know Trump is looking at long term legacy play and that's important. I love that he doesn't have another term, so what's he going to do to make things permanent? And a lot of stuff that he's doing right now can be reversed by subsequent administration unless we ensconce them and constitutional amendments. So we do know there's been discussions inside the inner circle in the White House about a Convention of States and I'm looking forward to Trump's support.
Speaker 2: Well, and apparently you have some measure of because he actually reposted on his truth social media post Mark Levin's conversation about the Convention of States and Mark Levin is a huge fan of the concept.
Speaker 6: Yeah, you know, I was pretty excited to see that. That's kind of out of the blue.
Speaker 23: We had no idea that's coming, and so Trump posted this and right in the Mark's talking about his support for convention of state. So that's why we know what's going on in the inner circles of the White House. We also if you look at my ex account right now just at Mark mecro, you'll see we've actually got billboards up in the Austin, Texas area near the gigafactory with Elon musk on them with a chainsaw saying want to cut government permanently, Elon, and so we're hoping to get Elon on board as well. The Vekramswami was already on board. So I think we're getting very close to the point where we'll see the administration in support openly.
Speaker 2: So how many more states we need? I see that on your map that you have highlighted in blue that they have active legislation on this issue, you know, Nevada and Montana and elsewhere. Of course Ohio isn't marked on that, but maybe that that'll change. But how many more states total do we need to sign on to the concept?
Speaker 6: Just fifteen to go.
Speaker 23: We're well past the halfway mark, and I expect we're going to see a bunch more come on this year.
Speaker 6: We've got a bunch of states tending Iowa, Idaho, Montana, Wyoming, Ohio.
Speaker 23: While it's not on the map yet, it will get filed this year and we expect to be moving forward in Ohio. So we've got fifteen to go and we are making a big push right now.
Speaker 2: Okay, what can my listeners do to learn more about the specifics of this and perhaps help push it through. For example, here in Ohio.
Speaker 6: Go to Convention of States dot com.
Speaker 23: Get signed up there, click on sign the petition that will allow them to send a notice to your legislators that you're in support, and then call your legislators. This is the most important thing. Get involved and let them know to support this. So you do that, call your senator, call your representatives, and then click on the take action tab on the website and get signed up as a volunteer and getting gates.
Speaker 2: All right, just add commerce clause to the list.
Speaker 6: Mark okay, it's at the top of my list, and I promise.
Speaker 2: Mark Meckler Convention the state's president. Check them out online, get signed up, and send him an email if you have an issue about it. Mmeckler at coosaction dot com. Keep up the great work, Marcus, and a pleasure having on the program to learn the specifics on this and I look forward hopefully to talk with you again as we get closer and closer to the concept.
Speaker 6: Absolutely, thanks Bryan, God bless.
Speaker 2: My pleasure and God bless you. Eight twenty one right now is stick around. Jay Ratlff's coming up. I always love talking to Jay exhaling and relaxing for the balance of the hours. Stick around your right back fifty five KRC dot com TYI for the weather. Today, we get clouds up until around one o'clock and that's when the sun shows up high at fifty five today. The clouds overnight down to thirty mostly sunny skies Tomorrow with the higher forty two thirty three overnight low with clouds and then some rain in the daytime sometime on Saturday. Anyway, expect some rain Saturday. Hi's in the mid fifties. It's forty four right now, in time for traffick.
Speaker 11: From the UC Health Tramphink Center. Heart disease is the leading cause of death in the US. If you're at risk, trust the experts and you see help for Innovative and Personal eyes Heartcare. Expect more at you seehelp dot com. A good news they've opened up the right lane on westbound for Washington Way. That's helping Traumfike off of southbound seventy one. Still blocked off inbound Columbia Parkway and you have to exit the third street that's a REX southbound seventy five and Charles in the center lanes. Chuck Ingramont fifty five KR see the Talk station.
Speaker 2: A twenty nine think about KRC the talk days and it's Thursday's time for iheartmediaviation next Bird Jay Ratliff love having Jar on the program. He's like wrapping up the Thursday morning shows, usually on a lighthearted note, although of late we've had some pretty bad aviation news. But real quick, before we get to Jay, I want a special shout out thank you to not only everybody who went to Listener Lunch yesterday had a fantastic time, but if you didn't get a chance to listen Every Wednesday at seven oh five we hear from Jack Atherton. He's a brilliant, brilliant guy, great commentator. Jack in his beautiful better half Ainsley made it to lunch yesterday and that was quite a trip for them. Shout out to Jack and Ainsley. Great CNISA. I had quite a few listeners chime in to me and letting me know that the how pleased they were to meet you. One of my fraternity brothers, Meggie. They said you are two of the nicest people he's ever met, and I can only agree with that all day long. One of the other nicest people ever meet, Jay Ratliff, Thanks for a biting by my words there and welcome back to the Morning show. It's always my pleasure to have you on the show.
Speaker 15: Well, Jack and I have teamed up for some things over the years, so believe me, anytime you want to brag on Heat and his lovely wife, by all means do so.
Speaker 2: They are truly fantastic folks. All right, what's the latest? We have two obviously terrible aviation incidents to talk about. What's the latest on the DC A plane running into the helicopter, or as the case may be, the helicapter running into the plane, which seems to be what's happening. The suggestion I've read is that the helicopter was flying at too high of an altitude.
Speaker 15: It was, yeah, And the initial focus for the National Transportation Safety Board was to recover the wreckage of the down to airliner first and then go after retrieving the helicopter. And that's what they're in the process of doing now. Because they were two separate spots where they came down, and the priority was the airliner. They've been able to take care of that. They've got the black boxes, they'll be able to determine some and a little disappointed that the black Hawk did not have a black box type of component that would allow them to listen to the conversations that were ongoing, and the Yeah, some black Hawks have it, and I was hopeful that this was the case, but the latest word that we had, and of course, Brian, it may change if my information is wrong, but it does not have that capability, which means that they're going to the investigators are going to have to rely on the back and forth, the time stamps, the different types of things that they've got from a data standpoint to try to figure out why that aircraft was where it was supposed to be or where it was. Because you're right, when the crash first took place and I heard the altitude, I thought they can't be right because they've got that ceiling of two hundred feet and I can't see any reason why any helicopter crew would go above that, knowing that the commercial lanes that are there, especially going in and had a runway three to three there.
Speaker 9: So, yeah, the investigation continues there.
Speaker 15: And we did also find out that the NTSB told us that the jetliner did try to elevate at the last moment, apparently when they first saw the helicopter, and of course at that point in time, it was simply too late for them to do anything.
Speaker 2: Brian.
Speaker 15: Just the weirdest thing is when you look at some of these different videos, it's not like the helicopter came up from underneath and the collision took place. They were not pointed at each other, but I mean they almost were looking at each other as they were going in, making you think, what the world was the flight crew of the helicopter not.
Speaker 9: Looking at exactly to see it because it just it was.
Speaker 2: Like a dark being thrown in a dark board. It was dead on collision. I mean, you couldn't if you wanted to, You couldn't hit it more directly.
Speaker 15: If this were a terrorist attack, that's exactly you know, I think out would look. Not that I'm suggesting in any way that's this, but it's the crew's attention or whatever was elsewhere. And again we don't know if there was a mechanical situation that was that the crew was battling at the time that might have taken their attention away from some of the critical moments of flight.
Speaker 9: There what we just don't know.
Speaker 15: I do know that my confidence in the National Transportation Safety board is unbelievably high, and if there's a group of men and women, they're going to be able to find out exactly what happened and give to the Federal Aviation Administration a list of recommendations on how we can make aviation safer.
Speaker 9: They're going to be the ones that do it.
Speaker 15: But, as I've told you before, my biggest fear is we're going to discover that the accident was easily.
Speaker 2: And what you're suggesting is the negligence on the part of the helicopter Violet.
Speaker 15: Yeah, and again it's it's an incredibly early statement to make, but based on the evidence as we're seeing it now, I mean, it's obvious that the RJ was where it was supposed to be, the American exactly where they were supposed to. We also can say that the helicopter crew was not where they were supposed to. Now, again, that may be negligence, it may be mechanical, it may be again the medical episode involving one of the pilots that caused that altitude deviation to take place, we don't know. But far too often in the history of aviation, when you look at the decades and decades of as accidents near accidents, the human element tends to come into play, and almost all of them. It may not be the cause, but it's a contributing cause many many times. And that's why a lot of these well meaning individuals, we'll say, Jay, that's why we need to have airplanes with no pilots, because then we can avoid these mistakes from being made and make aviation safer. And of course I don't agree with that at all, but it is sad that there's always that human element that seems to be there, which is why, you know, you've always heard me say before this that we were enjoying the safest ere ever of commercial jet travel, but we had to be incredibly vigilant to make sure that that continued to be the case, because we get sloppy. Human nature is just that we get complacent, we get a little sloppy, and as a result, mistakes can take place. And you know, we've already seen the FAA shut down that corridor for the helicopter traffic there at the Regae National Airport, which is good and that'll probably.
Speaker 9: Be permanent, but I suspect that we're going to also see.
Speaker 15: Some other recommendations that are going to be made. And then of course, you know, one of the things that just drives me out of my mind is that the TSB may give the FAA fifteen different points, and the FAA may implement one, maybe two. It's not a stamp approval as you do all of them. Because many times the airline industry and their lobbying group and others can apply a little pressure saying we don't want to do this, this, and this because it would cost too much money, and then it would cause a raise, We would have to raise fares, and then that would be really bad for the consumers. Let's not do that.
Speaker 9: That kind of garbage.
Speaker 15: And where safety then becomes a you know, a negotiating type of thing, it's.
Speaker 9: Just, oh, so well, you know, that's where we are in as far as the d d C craft, and.
Speaker 2: We'll get to the Philly crash here when we come back. But the bottom line is, I just can't for the life we figure out how in the hell it is that it was in any way, shape or form the right thing to do to allow a military helicopter to fly right there indirect on a final approach path.
Speaker 8: Is there really a need to do that?
Speaker 2: You can't just deviate a mile right or left and go around that congested area. Whatever.
Speaker 9: Well, we keep most we keep most of them.
Speaker 15: They keep them within the confines of the river, if you will, going up and down through there. So that's their corridor. And I mean there's nothing but military aircraft up there. They're everywhere, and there's always been this this you know, combination, this influx of both commercial and military aircraft. And normally, even though there's occasionally where you have one that'll have to deviate and go around or you know, approach differently or cancel of takeoff, it happens, but that happens at every airport. Most of the time, this operates exactly as it's supposed to. In this case, it didn't, and it with horrific.
Speaker 2: Consequences, absolutely horrific, speaking horrific, the Philly crash, we'll talk about that, plus a couple got suit by an airline costs a lot of money. We'll also talk about Elon Musk ready to make some technical upgrades of air traffic control much needed, apparently more with Jay Ratliffe coming up next, Don't Go Away.
Speaker 12: Fifty five KRC run a business and not thinking about it.
Speaker 2: Continuing our conversation every Thursday for a few segments with Jay Rattler, which I truly appreciate any my listeners enjoy hearing from you as well. Jay, moving away from the DC crash over to Philly crash. The one thing I heard it was suggested is that there was a weight shift which caused the plane to stall. Any further developments beyond that speculation that was initially raised.
Speaker 15: Now that was that's still pretty much something that's being looked at as probable. And I think the reason that we so many of us went in that direction early was the video of that aircraft coming out of the sky. If that airplane takes off, loses its engines, it becomes a glider. So at fifteen hundred feet you've got x amount of distance before that airplane has to come down.
Speaker 9: But it's a controlled descent.
Speaker 15: This airplane just fell out of the sky, which means either structurally something came off the aircraft disrupting the lift and down it came with as not having an ability to control it, or something happened to that center of gravity that shifted at a critical moment. And of course weight and balance being everything on an aircraft. If you've got an airplane at that critical moment that's taking off, and you've got a sudden and unexpected shift of gravity in that aircraft. What could take place is it could actually cause the airplane to change its inclination to the air over the wing then gets disrupted. The lift is no longer there, and the airplane goes into a stall.
Speaker 2: It just falls like it falls like a dead weight out of the sky. Then it does. It does.
Speaker 15: And if you were you know, altitude twenty thirty thousand feet, no problem. You just point the nose down, you build up the speed, and the airflow over the wings resumed, lift is restored, and off you go. But if you're fifteen hundred feet Brian, there's nothing you can do. And some of the most terrific if you if you YouTube searched, there's a seven forty seven the cargo plane that was taking off that had that exact same thing happened, and it's it's a horrific video to watch. But the airplane takes off and it has that shift of gravity where the cargo came loose, and you can see the moment at a very low altitude that that aircraft the crew lost complete control and that airplane just falls right out of the sky. But it is, it's that's why everything is strapped down. Everything is it just it's there's just no room for.
Speaker 2: Air No, and you know what you're you're doing. You are also pointing out the importance of the folks that load the plane, you know, the common laborer who are putting things in the cargo bay of the plane. They are critical the life saving saving lives on that, whether it's the crew or the entire U list of passengers. That it's just an amazing reality that a shifting weight in the bottom of the airplane could just make it drop like a rock.
Speaker 15: If it's significant in size, yes, if you know, if you've got six bags rolling around, that's not gonna be an issue. But if you've got something substantial weight that shifts quickly from one side to the next, yeah, it's going to be something that could just cast some big time problems for the flight crew. And sadly, if it's a little altitude, there's nothing that they can do about it.
Speaker 9: And that crew knew that there was nothing they could do about it.
Speaker 15: And I tell you it's just when you look at you know, aviation and things that's one of the reasons that weight and balance is so critical, where everything is measured and weighed so that we know weight wise, how much fuel, how much cargo, which part of the aircraft it's in, how many passengers are. And that's why sometimes when you are on a flight that maybe isn't full, you'll have the pass the flight tends come back and say, hey, we need you six people to move to the back of the airplane, or we need you to come over here. And what they're doing is at the pilot's instruction, distributing that weight a little bit better throughout the cabin so that it's going to make it easier for the crew to maintain control the flight. So yeah, if you're ever asked to move, please please don't throw a fifth Please please don't throw f You know.
Speaker 2: What, you're doing absolutely nothing today to make me want to fly. I know this isn't you and you say flight it's all safe and compared to being in a car and all that.
Speaker 9: I get it.
Speaker 2: I know the statistics, but jeez, little Louise, the smallest like.
Speaker 15: Going outside and getting struck by lightning twice in the same day, twice in the same day, So I mean that's you know, I will go out and get on an airplane. I'll put my kids, my grandkids, my wife, my mom. I mean, without hesitation. But when I recognize here in the United States, but we do it better than anybody on the planet, and there's a lot of things we can do better, and we will, but you know, it's I'm just I'm just thrilled that we have this dedication to safety as we have here in the United States, because the mechanics, the pilots, the training, the way the aircraft are built to the NTSB, even the FAA oversight. You know, many times I'll give them the credit that they deserve. It's a large group of people that do an incredible job daily to keep all of us safe. And you know, when there's a breakdown, it can be costly, and it's one of the reasons you've just got to stay super vigilant.
Speaker 2: No question about can we stick around? Will you pause for a moment and come back with me to talk about these other two We got two more cop topics we talk about, plus a hub delay update from Jay Ratlift Stick around.
Speaker 12: It's eight forty six fifty five KRC.
Speaker 2: There are two types of pain in the world one more time with the ten and nine weather, we got clouds until around one o'clock when we get the sun back fifty five for the high today, clouds o every night thirty tomorrow mostly sunny. Sky's forty two thirty three every night with clouds and rain in the daytime. On Saturday, high in the mid fifties, we're closing out of forty four degrees and one more time for traffic from the U see Triumphant Center.
Speaker 11: Heart disease is the leading cause of death in the US. If you're at risk, trust the experts that you see health for innovative and personalized hardcare.
Speaker 1: Expect more at uc help dot com. They've opened up the right lane.
Speaker 11: On westbound for Washington Way that's helping traffic off of seventy one into downtown. Looks like things are still blocked off on inbound Columbia Parkway. At Third Street southbound seventy five there's a wreckor aser Charles Center by. It's packing traffic to seventy four chut Kingbramon fifty five k S the talk station.
Speaker 2: Hey fifty to fifty five KRCD talk station Happy Thursday tune and tomorrow at six thirty am with Tech Friday's Dave Hatter. In the meantime, one more time with I Heard Me The Aviation Next for Jay Ratliffe ninety thousand dollars. What what happened, Well, we had.
Speaker 15: A couple on a Alvianca flight and they got to fights, this couple and as a result, the man throws the phone at his wife and it hits the wall and overheats and starts to catch fire. So now the crew has to decide to go back and land because of the smoldering fire that they have on board the aircraft. Well, the aircraft is too heavy to land. It's not yet a critical situation, so they decide to burn off the fuel for three hours and then land the airplane so that a the passengers that were disruptive can be removed, the damage to the inside of the aircraft can be repaired, and then they can take care of the rest of the customers. The airline decided to sue this couple for ninety thousand dollars in part for the damage to the aircraft the fuel that they had to expend trying to land after the event took place. Because you can land too heavy and you don't want to do that if you don't have to, unless it's a dire emergency situation.
Speaker 9: And yeah, the thought processes.
Speaker 15: If you find these individuals enough, Brian, maybe it'll help future behavior.
Speaker 9: I doubt it, but you know, at least you hope that's going to be the case.
Speaker 2: Yeah, no question about it. Cautionary tale, right.
Speaker 15: Get the word you know, I told you these are the people that you put their their pictures in the in the TSA area. Anytime that you get that long screening line where every so often their picture pops up with the dollar.
Speaker 9: Amount underneath they were fined exactly.
Speaker 15: It reminds people constantly, and you know that there are consequences, and we're seeing more airlines do that, especially on diverted flights, and I'm glad to see it because you're inconveniencing everybody on that airplane and everybody that's waiting on that airplane at the next stop that's going to be canceled.
Speaker 9: As well.
Speaker 2: The fact that people are so oblivious to the concerns and and and the needs of other people, it's just it's obviously a growing phenomenon. People are very very selfish and don't care about other people, all right, Elon musk is he going to fix it? We had a real problem with air traffic controls, shortage of them. That's one of the things that they said was could have been a problem in DC. But I saw the other day. I guess two aircraft ran into each other on the runway on Wednesday, a Japanese airliner and I guess some delta flight. But that's an air traffic control issue, I would imagine, So what's going on and what do we need to fix? Jay?
Speaker 15: Yeah, on that way was a delta flight was being deced. You know, the japan airlines playing taxing by and think nailed it. Pretty easy to tell who's at fault there, ye, because only one of the two airplanes were moving. But you know, Elon musk Is is a very it kind of guy, and I would pay I would have paid money to have walked with him as he's been given the tour of the Federal Aviation Administration. Air traffic control says where they're relying on some of this equipment and technology that it goes back seventy years.
Speaker 2: They're still using a giant floppy discs.
Speaker 9: I heard, Well, they are.
Speaker 15: There's so many things that have to be upgraded, and it would be like, I don't know, I can't even think of the comparison, but for somebody like him, and even President Trump and others that are saying, look, this is so far past being done here, we've got to get this fixed. And other administrations have made a similar assessment, but nothing ever seems to get done. And one of the frustrations of air traffic control is that these controllers have to work with a lot of this antiquated equipment. And I'll say that from a retention standpoint, it makes their job as controllers more stressful, harder to do. And you want to do everything you can to keep these men and women sticking around for a while. Let's give them state of the art equipment to you, so let's make their job easier. Let's let's make aviation safer so that we can do everything that we want to do. As far as protecting everybody who flies. There's no way that you can have two two and a half million people fly every day, and I consider that a priority. But Brian, the problem has been over the last several decades, we found a way to make it work so in the eyes of the people that spend money in Washington, DC. Why spend hundreds and hundreds of millions of dollars on this and then a like number here and hundreds of million because it's working now, so we can use that money elsewhere, and they do. And it's really unfortunate because we're so far behind. It's going to take a administration or two to get us caught up. But hopefully Trump can get us pointed in the right direction.
Speaker 2: Well, one can only hope. And thinking of a day hatter, I hope they keep security in mind. If they're upgrading the air traffic control system by way of keeping it from being able to be hacked.
Speaker 15: All right, Well, that that that for sure. But I just can't wait to see the left go nuts. I mean, if he makes aviation safer, you know they're going to complain and it's like it's just a lucy But that's what's how dare you make it safer for me to fly?
Speaker 9: I'm so glad I didn't vote for you. Yeah, it's just it's ridiculous.
Speaker 2: It is absolutely ridiculous. All right, let's conclude, as we always do. Hub delays.
Speaker 9: What's it like out there to be a hair only everything to the Northeast. I mean it's nuts.
Speaker 15: We've got ice, we've got wind, we've got snow, limited visibility, we've got everything from Charlotte towards the northeast. New York, Philadelphia, d C, Boston getting absolutely hammered today. Some canceled flights, a lot of delayed flights. It's gonna be with us the entire day. Hopefully better by tomorrow. But if you're flying tomorrow morning, some of the originating flights may not make it to where you need to be, So tomorrow morning flights are going to be impacted as well. So for the next twenty four to thirty six hours, this storm going through the Northeast is really gonna hammer operations across the country. So if you're headed towards the Northeast, just take an extra dissipation. It's gonna be a slow go.
Speaker 2: Day, Ratliff, I enjoy the conversation every week. I can't thank you know for spending time with my listeners and me. God bless you, sir and your better half. We'll talk next Thursday.
Speaker 9: Looking forward to it.
Speaker 15: In one of these days, Lord Willing, I'm anxious to join you on one of those luncheons when I can. It's it's hard for me with my training to do it, but believe me, brother, I'm going to work hard to make that happen.
Speaker 2: I can't wait, and I'll just keep my fingers crossed. That day happened sooner rather than later. But anytime is a great time. Thank you, brother. We'll talk again next Thursday, eight fifty six. Folks, you didn't get a chance to listen down with the New Americans for Prosperity in the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act. You can help out. We need that reinstated. Mark Meckler Convention of States sounds like a pretty good idea for me. And of course the conversation we just ended with Jay ratliffifty five krs dot com. You try Heart Media app. God bless you Joe's Trekker for producing the program. Folks, have a great day. Tuned in tomorrow for Tech Friday, and don't go wegg Glenbeck's next a.
Speaker 8: Full rundown and the biggest ten lines just minutes away.
Speaker 1: At the top of the hour.
Speaker 8: I'm giving you a fact now the Americans should know. Fifty five KRS the talk station.
Speaker 12: This report is sponsored