Speaker 1: Now your host walking you up to first pitch. It's Tim kays Hi.
Speaker 2: Everybody, welcome in to Molrongo Casino.
Speaker 3: Dodgers on deck.
Speaker 2: Hepe, you're well on this Wednesday, early evening, late afternoon.
Speaker 3: You're a world champion.
Speaker 2: Los Angeles Dodgers undefeated to start this season. No defending World Series champion has gotten off to a better start than the Dodgers, match by only the nineteen thirty three Yankees, who are also seven to zero after sweeping the Tigers and taking the first two from the Atlanta Braves.
Speaker 3: Tonight, the Dodgers.
Speaker 2: Go for the sweep in the final game of the opening homestand Blake Snell on the mound, first pitch coming up at five thirty eight. Between then and now, we got a lot to get to here. I'm Arago Casino, Dodgers on deck. We'll hear from the manager, Dave Roberts. We'll dive deeper into this pitch.
Speaker 3: He matchup.
Speaker 2: David Vase goes one on one with Dustin May. More on him in a second. We've got your Dodgers magical moment, your prize picks, double play of the day.
Speaker 3: Shortly, we'll visit.
Speaker 2: With Kirsten Watson, you got your Otani rewind on this showy Otani Bobblehead night out at Dodger Staateum. Hoping you're picking up your bobblehead on the way inside to Dodger Staateum. In just a few minutes, we'll check in with Stephen Nelson and Rick Monday at the Galpa Motors Broadcast booth. Well last night at the Ravine Dustin May his first start in six hundred and eighty five days, a long road back from an arm injury and a scare, Dustin May five solid innings, allowed one run unearned on one hit, while striking out five along the way. The only runn He gave up came in the third, a throwing air by Mookie Betts, bringing in the Braves' only run as they took a one to nothing lead. The Dodgers offense needed a few spins around the lineup to get after Brave's leftender Chris Sale.
Speaker 3: Finally, in the sixth.
Speaker 2: They did show Hey o'tani a leadoff single next batter Mookie Betts.
Speaker 4: Heerv Red Sox World Series Championship teammates going at it here at Dodgers Stadium, Sale against bets the one to one pitch Mookie flap off left.
Speaker 5: Field, going back toward the wall.
Speaker 6: It is good.
Speaker 7: Oh did do?
Speaker 5: Gookie pumps his fist twice as he hits third base and gives the Dodgers a lead to run home run for Mookie Betts, his third of the year.
Speaker 2: That's the top tier play the game brought to my Arco quality, top tier gas for less Dodgers grabbing a two to one lead. Tommy Edmund followed up with a home run well a single that is the braves mided pitching changed. Two batters later, Will Smith would tack onto the Dodgers.
Speaker 4: Lead behind ohe two Dodgers were great with two strikes last night.
Speaker 8: Here's the pitch Smith through the right side base It RBI single for Smith. Edmund touches home and it's three to one.
Speaker 2: RBI single the right for Will Smith is fifth run bat and in of the season.
Speaker 3: Dodgers a three to one lead.
Speaker 2: Dustin May with the five innings, turned it over to the Anthony Bonda scoreless sixth Indian Alex Vessi has struck out two in a scoreless seventh blake trying to pitch the eighth kept the Braves off the board. Then the ninth belonged to Tanner Scott, who put up a zero. Dodgers beat the Braves last night three to one to start the season seven and oh, the best start in La Dodgers history. Only the nineteen fifty five Brooklyn Dodgers have had a better start. At ten to zero. Tonight, they wrap up this three game series against the Braves as they.
Speaker 3: Look for a sweep.
Speaker 2: On show, Hey O, Tony Bobblehead night, Blake's now on the mount and with more, let's head out to the Galpin Motors broadcast booth as we say hello to Stephen Nelson and Rick Monday.
Speaker 8: Guys, sim Kates, you're back at the stadium.
Speaker 4: A little earlier for this series finale is the Dodgers try to sweep the Atlanta Braves today, mo, and if they do, they would remain unbeaten. Moved to eight and oh, that would be the best start ever for a reigning World Series champion.
Speaker 6: You start to look at the record books and then say, oh, my goodness, tremendous start, no question about it. And for a lot of reasons, the offense, timely hitting. You look at the pitching that's been a terrific bull. Ben's been sensational. Again. The other part too, they have not really beaten themselves from a defensive standpoint. They've run the bases very aggressively, very thoughtfully on top of it, and they've also played against ball clubs let's be honest, that have not really gotten un tracked. You can apply that to the Atlanta Braids. When the Braves finally wake up from an offensive standpoint, they're gonna put runs up on the board. That's not been the case so far. They're zero to six this year. Tigers didn't really swing the bath particularly well. The Cubs over in Tokyo didn't swing the bass particularly well. Meanwhile, the Dodgers have simply taken care of business right.
Speaker 8: It's the thing with good teams.
Speaker 4: You beat bad teams and then you take advantage of when good teams aren't playing well. And that's exactly what the Dodgers have done up to this point.
Speaker 8: And make no mistake, the Dodgers are a great team.
Speaker 4: Clearly, as we are here on show, Hey Otani MVP Bobblehead night we look out and left field mo he's throwing on flat ground currently he's batting lead off tonight, No Freddy Freeman once again in the lineup, and you know how bad he's wanted to play the last few days. Never liked sitting, especially against his former club in Atlanta. But putting yourself in the mindset of Dave Roberts in the front office looking at Freddy, One, it's a long season, and two you got along road trip with some cold weather, some wet forecasts on tap.
Speaker 6: Yeah, and at about two o'clock this afternoon, Freeman was actually on the field taking ground balls and covering first base and working out for about twenty minutes. Then he went back inside. We had to wait a while to see exactly what was going to entail the Dodgers starting lineup, So not in there again.
Speaker 8: Today.
Speaker 6: It'll be Kicky Hernanez getting another start at first base, and we the off day tomorrow. Yes, it's a travel day, but let him, being Freddy Freeman, get that extra day and maybe become full circle because as you mentioned, I'm not really certain how many games are going to be played on this road trip because of the possibility of inclement weather.
Speaker 4: So ta Oscar Hernanez will bat third. Michael Confordo draws back in the lineup, he'll clean up. Mookie Betts batting second is now Shoeyotany's moved to the bullpen to throw his bullpen session.
Speaker 8: Which was scheduled for this series.
Speaker 4: And you know, the last thing on Mookie Bets before we go, three home runs history. Three of his first six hits have left the yard, moll. All three have been go ahead bombs, and last night probably the most meaningful for him.
Speaker 8: Because help atone for that second inning er.
Speaker 6: Isn't it crazy we're talking about the power and three home runs because what was it a week ago, eight days ago? We were talking about a guy that lost almost twenty pounds right under the weather, didn't play, couldn't work out, and all those things. He comes back, comes back with vengeance. He's driven, and he said, quite frankly, I don't want to just play shortstop. I want to win on a team while I'm playing shortstop. And he is certainly contributing right now.
Speaker 8: He is helping Tim as we get it back to you.
Speaker 4: One thing that we're watching for with Mookie Bets in the field is making the routine plays look routine, not making every play seem or look like a highlight reel play. Gotta nailed down the fundamentals at short He has been working on that throughout the day.
Speaker 8: Hopefully he puts it on display in the game as well.
Speaker 2: All Right, thank you, Nelly, as we got you down to the first bitch. Dodger fans get that game day meal. A lot of Shakey's Pizza Parlor. What are your Shaky's Pizza chakin Emojo's right now at Shaky's dot Com. Coming up here on Dodgers on Deck, you'll hear for the manager Dave Roberts. We will check in with David Vest. You're gonna hear from Dust to A after its outing last night. We'll time deeper to this pitching matchup. Your prize picks, Double Play of the Day up next though, your Otani rewind and we'll visit with Kirsten Watson. All that coming up as we lead you up to Dodgers and Braves on show. Hey, Otani, Bobblehead night, first pitch coming up at five thirty eight. Next for being with us, I'm Tim Kas' the world Champion. Los Angeles Dodgers Audio.
Speaker 1: Network is Lorongo Casino Dodgers on Dodgers on Deck. Y'all on the official home of La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 2: It's a Dodgers and Braves as they wrap up this three game series. Dodgers undefeated at seven to zero. It's show Hey Otani, Bobblehead Night, Blake Snell, Bryce Elder.
Speaker 3: The pitching matchup. First pitch coming up at five thirty eight. This is the Otani free wide the O two pitch.
Speaker 4: Otani pulls it in a right field for a base hit, lead off knock for Old Tani.
Speaker 8: He will not go hitless tonight.
Speaker 4: The Dodgers have their first hit since te Oscar Hernandez let off the second with.
Speaker 2: The singer Show Hey Otani goes one for four last night. He would score on the home run for Mookie Betts right after that as the Dodgers come back and win three to one.
Speaker 1: This is Kirston's Corner with Kirston Watson.
Speaker 2: Hey Kirson now joins us from the standing and brought to by Cars for Kids.
Speaker 3: Ready to donate your old car?
Speaker 2: Call eight seven seven Cars for Kids right now, Friendly ages standing boy to take your donation.
Speaker 3: That's Cars with a K. Donate your car today.
Speaker 2: I'm not sure if Kirsten was at the ballpark six hours early, standing in line trying to get one of those show Heyotani Bobbleheads.
Speaker 3: Not sure, I'm sure you got one, Kirston.
Speaker 9: Listen, there are so many people here already. I will say this year you didn't have cars lined up like we had kind of in year's past, but people were on foot all the way down the hill essentially like to where I think it's the fire department station down the hill. All the way down there it was. I mean, yes, it's the first show, hey Bibblehead of the year. I actually don't know how many there are gonna be this year. I feel like there's gonna be a lot. But the fact that so many people showed up. It's a Wednesday, Yes, it's what a five thirty eight start, but so many fans are here and they're so excited. Like I actually did see the bobblehead. Looks really good, So it's pretty cool. He's got the MVP Award and everything.
Speaker 2: First of four Otani Bobbleheads for DODA Race this season. Freddy Freeman not the lineup again, Kirsten.
Speaker 3: Yeah, not in the lineup.
Speaker 9: And you know what, today it really was kind of like a fifty to fifty decision, but it just made more sense for them to give him that extra day. Yesterday, when Freddie spoke to the media, he did say that this could be a very realistic thing, just that he wouldn't be in the lineup today primarily because they're about to take a cross country flight to go play in Philadelphia and then in DC it is pretty cold and it's going to be cold and rainy in Philadelphia, so it just with that. And he talked about this a lot actually last year in the postseason, kind of having to pay more attention to his ankle and putting getting treatment in a really good spot just because with colder weather things tighten up sometimes, so it really is just trying to stay ahead of it. If he can be down this series obviously, I mean, Kik has stepped in very well at first base, playing defensively really well and getting the bat going, so the team is in a good spot and allows for Freddy to take the time to allow his body to heal so that he can really keep going for the rest of the season.
Speaker 2: The new guys this year Kirby Yates, Tanner, Scott Michael gonforo guys hungry to win a championship. I imagine Kirsten as seven and zero start is kind of what they were hoping for joining this team.
Speaker 9: Listen, I think this is absolutely best case scenario for those guys, and they've been very clear they came here they want to win, and hey, starting seven or not not too But also not only is the team seven and zero, they've been pitching really well. I was talking to Kirby Ates today and he was saying that for him to go to a new organization, you always want to start off very well. It just kind of sets the tone. It feels good for you individually. He said that in the past when he was with Atlanta, he didn't start off super well with that team, but when he was in a good spot, it just kind of it want it takes the pressure off. You know, you want to impress your new job, a new manager, whatever. But like so that for him has felt really good. And then being a part of a bullpen in which there's so much just team chemistry. They're clicking on all cylinders, everyone's pitching really well. So hey, they're enjoying the ride. And I did ask, I go, does it make your life a little bit easier when you get this much run support? Is it just easier on the mountain. He's like, well, our job is never easy, but it is much nicer when we get the kind of run support that they get with the Dodgers. So everyone's feeling really good right now?
Speaker 2: Yeah, feeling good at seven and oh maybe eight to o after the night curres, So we'll find out. We'll check you with you for the game still to come. Here on Dodgers on Deck, will dive deeper into this pitching matchup. David Vess goes one on one with Dustin May.
Speaker 3: What a night he had last night.
Speaker 2: But up next your injury reporting a we'll hear from manager Dave Roberts leading up to Dodgers and Braves Show. Hey, O'tani Bobblehead night, first pitch at five thirty eight. I'm sim kas is the world champion Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: Well, this is Morongo Cassino Dodgers Hunt game on your home for LA Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 2: It's the Dodgers and Braves on this Wednesday getaway day, final game of his home stand show. He Otani Bobblehead nine, first pitch coming up at five thirty eight.
Speaker 1: This it's the LA Dodgers Injury.
Speaker 2: Report presented by UCLA Healthy official medical partner the Los Angeles Dodgers. Still know Freddie Freeman in the lineup, still bothered by that ankle that he tweaked in the shower on Sunday morning. Dodgers with eleven pitchers on the IL to start the season, including Tony Gonsolin, Bruce Dark Graderol Michael Grove, Kyle Hurt who went on the sixty day I I L earlier today, Clayton Kershaw, Michael Copek, Evan Phillips, and Emit she and the injury report presented by UCLA Health official medical partner of your Los Angeles Dodgers. All right, let's head back out to the ravine and here from the Dodgers skipper anything.
Speaker 7: The questions for Dave Dave? Can you just describe Dave?
Speaker 3: Can you talk about the pressure.
Speaker 1: In the dugouts with Dave Roberts?
Speaker 10: We know we we knew going in we were talented. You never know how the season is going to play out until you start playing games. I actually like it in the sense that no one is too high right now. I think that you know, the pitching has been very good, the defense has been solid, but up and down our lineup, there's only a couple of guys that, you know, really swinging the bats the way they're capable of, and outside of that, guys are sort of just kind of trying to find their way and we're getting big hits. So I think that to be fair, I think that guys are really trying to think about how they can get better right now, which is a pretty scary thought for the rest of the.
Speaker 11: League other than winning game, which is why you're here every night.
Speaker 12: This start as an offending champ.
Speaker 11: Does it mean.
Speaker 1: Anything to you?
Speaker 10: It does? It, absolutely does it.
Speaker 9: You know.
Speaker 10: Case in point is we can sit Freddy because these games we're playing good baseball, winning baseball games, and it allows for us to manage guys in the pen for down the road. And obviously getting off to a good start is important in the sense of it just gives your team a little bit of momentum, you know, to start the season.
Speaker 2: All Right, there's Dave Roberts certainly talking about the momentum the Dodgers have started this season off at seven and oh in a little reasoning in why you don't need to bring Freddie Freeman back so quickly after reaggravating that right ankle injury. On Sunday, Dodgers undefeated, playing really good baseball. Let him rest for this upcoming East Coast road trip. But we continue here on Dodgers on Deck. We'll check out with David Vase gets you the latest lead you up to first pitch on show, Hey Otani Bobblehead Night, Dodgers Braves. I'm Tim Kasey's the world champion Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: This is Marongo Casino, Dodgers on Tach on your home for the Blue All Season Law.
Speaker 2: This is Dodgers and Braves, Blake Snell, Bryce Elder, the Pitching Matchup showy Otani Bobblehead Night out at the Ravine. First pitch coming up at five thirty eight.
Speaker 1: Joining Tim Kates on Dodgers on Tach.
Speaker 11: I accept everybody for who they are.
Speaker 1: This is Dodger insider David Basse.
Speaker 2: All right, David heard a little from Dave Roberts, just a little bit ago. Freddie Freeman the ankle. I guess this is a good thing. It's not a serious reinjury.
Speaker 3: Right well.
Speaker 11: I saw Freddy Freeman earlier today and it was a great sign that he was going through agility drills and doing sprints on the outfield grass, and also got his first baseman's glove and went over to his position and fielded his position. So he's still in great spirits. The Dodgers are just being extra cautious with him. No need to rush it, considering the Dodgers are seven to zero coming into tonight's game, and they have won three of those games without Mookie Betts.
Speaker 7: In the lineup.
Speaker 11: They have won three of those games without Freddie Freeman in the lineup, so they had the luxury of having a really good team, and they could hold off on having Freddy be back in the starting lineup until Friday when they're in Philadelphia.
Speaker 7: So yeah, Freddie, Freddy's okay. The Dodgers are just being cautious.
Speaker 3: David A German by Ford.
Speaker 2: If there's one thing he like, his choice is fine yours with the four F one to fifty gas hybrid, all electric, tough. This market oli you call called F one P fifty. The torpedo bats are all the talk of baseball, David. Are they any Dodger players maybe gonna use this?
Speaker 11: Hey? One Dodger got his new toy today and he was using it immediately during batting practice, and that was Dodger third baseman Max Munci, who's actually not off to the hottest of starts on this team, so you can understand why he may be turning towards a torpedo bat.
Speaker 7: He had told me yesterday.
Speaker 11: That he was expecting it to arrive today and he was going to use it in batting practice. He actually is going to use it in the game tonight as well. He had a good batting practice. He liked the way it felt, and we'll see how it goes in the game. One player that won't ever be using a torpedo bat is.
Speaker 7: The aforementioned Freddie Freeman.
Speaker 11: I had a chance to ask Freddy what his thoughts were about players turning to this torpedo bat.
Speaker 7: If you look down on players that use it.
Speaker 13: I do not look down on anybody. If it's legal, you can do whatever you want. I've swung the same bat for sixteen years. I will not be changing to a torpedo bat. It's just me swung the same length, ounces everything. So if it works for the guys, then go for it. But I know if some of our guys are getting some, so we'll see. I will not be swinging with.
Speaker 3: Just the concept though, just kind of.
Speaker 13: I don't know any about it, I promise you I have not. I have not read a thing about it. I only know there's a torpedo bat and it looks kind of like the barrel's shorter or like lower down. That's all I got, nor will I ever read into it. So that's just me. Yeah, I'm not the right guy to ask those kind of questions for I just swing the same bat every day.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 11: So Freddy, Aaron Judge among the other really good hitters in baseball, and show Heyo Tani, I don't see them using a torpedo bat. But I found out in an interview with a Sahi TV just moments ago, Tim, that show Hao Tani has increased the length of his bat by a half an inch to get more play coverage.
Speaker 3: Interesting, all right.
Speaker 2: Davi's time now for the Dodger Derby, brought to by San Anida Park, as we pick races at Santa Anita. Friday's first race, a seven horse field, one mile on the dirt.
Speaker 3: Who do you like in this one?
Speaker 11: Wow, it's a tough decision, Tim, I'm going with the number four horse jersey sunset in honor of the boss.
Speaker 3: Oh Jersey Sunset.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna go step it out, step it out the three horse, So good luck to your DV Dodger fans. It's Santa Anita Derby Day this Saturday at Santaita Park. Get on the track for the Derby five K Craft Beer Festival Spring Carnival, a full day racing feature in the San Anita Derby with millions in payouts every race day. Visit Santa Anita dot com. Slash events coming up here on Dodgers on Deck.
Speaker 3: We'll get your Dodgers Magical Moment.
Speaker 2: I'm Tim Cases is the world champion Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: As we were saying, this is Marongo Casino Dodgers on Deck on the official home of La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 2: It's a Dodgers and Braves blake on the mound, final game of this three game set, final game of this homestand first pitch coming up in five thirty eight.
Speaker 11: I know it's a bag who wants a hot gun.
Speaker 1: It's time for the Hawfing Magical Moment. Pitch Magical presented by Hawby Hot Dogs.
Speaker 2: I remember this like it was yesterday. Twenty thirteen, Game four of the NLDS a Dodger Stadium, Dodgers taken on the Braves won Your Rebay in the eighth inning, tried to bunt and couldn't get the butt down, so he was forced to hit away.
Speaker 3: And once you know it, he hit it out.
Speaker 12: And the two to two pitch, your Rebay hits a high fly ball in the deep left field.
Speaker 7: Way down the line and gone, and the Dodgers lead four to three on a two run home run by one your Rebay.
Speaker 12: Isn't it amazing what somebody will do when you can't bunt one? Your Rebay got a fastball and hit it right in the area of the bull then and it is four to three Dodgers in the bottom of the eighth inn.
Speaker 2: Oh, so great to hear the great Vin Scully on the call. Twenty thirteen n LDS Dodgers and Braves. Janya Reba's home run would send the Dodgers to the NLCS. This Hofe magical moment brought you by Hoffey Hot Talks, Haffy Socow's local treasure for nearly one hundred years.
Speaker 3: Hoffey Hot Dogs local and so great when we.
Speaker 2: Continue here on Dodgers on Deck we'll get you your Prize Picks double Play of the Day and we'll here for rig Monday to leads after first pitch.
Speaker 3: Dodgers and Braves.
Speaker 2: I'm Tim Kas's the world champion Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: It is Morongo Casino, Dodgers on, Dodgers on deck y'all on the official home of LA Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 2: It's a Dodgers and Braves. Blake Snell on the Mound Show. Hey O, Tony Bobblehead nine. First pitch coming up at five.
Speaker 3: Thirty eight, got him with the two for one hard shot, drove.
Speaker 7: Us a second on the first double.
Speaker 1: What does this is the Prize Picks double Play of the Day.
Speaker 2: Join the more than ten million members playing daily fantasy sports at Prize Picks. Just download the Prize Picks app. Use the code go blue to get fifty dollars instantly after you play your first five dollars lineup. It's real simple. You pick more or less on at least two players for a shot to win one thousand times your cash. Just get the Prize Picks app the code go blue. Who are your two picks for the day, shoey Otani more or less a half a hit more, He's gonna get on base with at least a hit. Come on, Bryce Elder Blake Snell combined plus or more or less a half a run of the first sitting more or less a half a run the first sitting go less than a half run combined, Bryce Elder Blake Snell. Sign up play Daily Fantasy Sports and prize picks. Use the code Go Blue Prize Picks, Run your game and now.
Speaker 1: Joined by David Basse saying, here's la Dodgers broadcast Dark and World Series Champion Dodger Rick Monday.
Speaker 11: Well, an exciting day at Dodgers Stadium to close out the homestand not only Rick Monday. Is it Otani Bobblehead Night, But you know what it is? It snails Zilla Day.
Speaker 6: Yeah, and that's why you're a little extra nervous, because you know, you're you're Valley guys. Okay, you kind of stick together, you hang out together. And yeah, both Stephen Nelson and I were talking about the fact that you are extremely nervous in this contest as we get ready to go tonight.
Speaker 7: Nervous, not at all.
Speaker 11: Rick. I'm very confident that Blake Snell is going to extend the Dodgers great start to eight and o tonight, he's doing his job.
Speaker 6: I hate to break this news to you, but that crowd that started to amass just outside Dodgers Saidium at nine thirty this morning, Yeah, they were not waiting for you to arrive. Yeah, but they were here for the Otani bibblehead. By the way, I was noticing you were talking on the field with Dinu Evil, the third base coach for this Dodger ball club, and named many things you're talking about.
Speaker 8: We talked about it before.
Speaker 6: His two boys are going to Crona High School, which is having a pretty good season. They had a very good season last year. One to ceif they number one team in the state of California, the number one team in the nation. And all they're doing at Corona High School this year thirteen and oh how about this, thirteen wins, Eleven of those are shutouts. They have allowed in the thirteen games only four runs to be scored against them. So for Andy Wise, the head coach at Corona High School, and all the players are there, and yes they're both sons of the Dino Ebler playing there, that's really kind of a it's neat to see the game evolve and the youngsters coming on and what they've done is just amazing.
Speaker 11: And around the high school baseball circuits in La Rick they're calling the Corona Panthers the La Dodgers of high school baseball. That's how stacked they are, apparently, and for.
Speaker 6: A pretty good reason, because the dog is coming to this ball game, as you well know, the first team defending a World championship. They're trying to look and be the first team to have eight consecutive victories to open up the season the currently time of the nineteen thirty three Yankees who went seven and O. And they understand, how about this for strange? The Podres are maybe getting overlooked, maybe up until today. Well, the Pngres won again. Do you know what's strange? If the Dodgers lose their first game of the season, they would drop a half game into second place in nationally Western Division. Dodgers and pres are really coming out of the gate fast.
Speaker 7: Yeah, it's kind of amazing.
Speaker 11: The Dodgers, of course, have eclipsed the Padres as far as national attention goes, but it was the Padres that could have gone on to win the World Series if not for losing a two games to one lead in the NLDS to the Dodgers.
Speaker 6: Yeah if if, but boy, it means a lot, doesn't it.
Speaker 11: It sure does, and the Dodgers went on to win the World Series. We should see a collision course again between the Dodgers and Padres. The one thing I wanted to ask you, Rick, Obviously the Dodgers are a formidable opponent. Are there any vulnerabilities on this roster, on this team?
Speaker 6: I think there's always something that could be unable, vulnerable too. I mean, let's look at it squarely and honestly. The Dodgers are going to have slumps. They are going to have injuries. Every team's going to have that. Atlanta's starting off in a slump right now. They're going to catch fire. And Steve and I were talking the last couple of nights, is that when they get the offense going, they're going to put some runs on the board. I can't say the Dodgers have a weakness other than just the frailty of injuries. For example, Freddy Freeman is not in the lineup again today. He took on the field, he took round balls, worked on at first base, but evidently they've made the decision. Look, there's an off day tomorrow, off day. It's traveling across country to Philadelphia. Nonetheless, but at least at the get Go Freeman is not in the game. It could be available. We don't know the level of availability in this game.
Speaker 7: All right, Rick, Well, we'll see how it goes tonight on Zilla Day.
Speaker 6: You're a little nervous, are you?
Speaker 7: No, I got butterflies?
Speaker 6: Uh oh yeah, yeah, those are butterflies. Those are killer mobs.
Speaker 11: All right, Rick, we'll check back in with you and Steven Nelson a little bit later.
Speaker 7: For now, we'll send it to Tim Kates.
Speaker 8: All right.
Speaker 3: Thanks lots, Dodger fans.
Speaker 2: Start your future at California Community College. Financial Lade is available to help you with tuition, books, and sometimes even the red It's time to take that next big step. Classes can fill it quickly, so en roll today. I can go to college dot com. Still to come here on Dodgers on Deck, we'll get you a preview this pitching matchup. Steven and rickl have the keys to the game, but I'm nax.
Speaker 3: We'll hear from.
Speaker 2: Dustin May to lead you up to Dodgers and Braves show Hey, O, Tony Bobbo Ahead night, first pitch at five thirty eight. I'm Tim Kase's World champion Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: Well, this is Wrongo Cassino Dodgers Hunting game on your home for La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 2: Lead you up to Dodgers and the Braves. Final game of this three game series, Final game of this homestead to start twenty twenty five, Lake Snell on the Mountain. Dodgers Baseball is brought to you by Zen She hand Crafted Sushi. Getting ready to enjoy the game. Head and home need a quick meal that's affordable and the whole family can enjoy. Pick up Zen She hand crafted sushi. It is the best made fresh on site daily by professionally trained sushi chefs with precision passion in her tradition. You can taste find zench near the deli counter at Ralph's Zen She hand Crafted Sushi.
Speaker 3: Always fresh, always fast, always easy.
Speaker 1: David and now what will likely be vass A fielding insults from a Dodger player.
Speaker 3: It's an engagement of endearment.
Speaker 1: This is high and tight.
Speaker 11: It was a special night at Dodgers Stadium, as Dustin May made his return to a major league mount for the first time in nearly two years, and Dustin joins us right now at Dodger Stadium Number one. Thanks a lot for the time, and congratulations on returning and coming back from so much adversity.
Speaker 14: Yeah, thanks, thanks for having me. It was definitely a huge relief last night, just to be able to know that I can still get some big league hitters out and and come out of it feeling good. So I'm in a good spot today, so excited for the next one.
Speaker 11: You were skipping off the mound after you struck out the Braves in the first inning in order, and then you came here to the dugout. It seemed like you were giving thanks. What were you saying to yourself?
Speaker 14: Oh, I mean I just said a quick little prayer and thank the Lord for everything that he has given me in the last couple of years, thanking him to still be here and get the opportunity that I had.
Speaker 11: I saw the family and friends that you had in Anaheim. How many did you have last night and what did it mean to you to have that support?
Speaker 14: It was the same amount. I think it was like six itch. I mean it's huge. I mean family support is a is a very big thing. My dad and Grandma weren't able to make it out, but I know they were there with me in spirit, so it was it was very very special. I got talked to both of them after the game and they were they were.
Speaker 7: Very, very excited.
Speaker 11: How did you channel all those emotions the last two year and be able to pitch as well as you did?
Speaker 14: I mean, it's been a long build up and a lot of mental grind just being able to tell myself that I'm still able to do it and still able to get guys out, and I mean just staying very calm and level headed and being able to just move on to the next pitch no matter what the outcome wants.
Speaker 11: You guys are obviously the best at what you do. But did you have to remind yourself to have fun out there last night?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 8: No, I mean I was.
Speaker 14: I was having fun just on my drive in yesterday. I mean it was like a kid in a candy store.
Speaker 1: I was.
Speaker 8: I was so so.
Speaker 14: Happy and excited to just be back in a big league stadium, active and being able to contribute to a team win.
Speaker 11: Just to me as our guest. All right, since you said you have a new life perspective, and rightfully so, what would the drive have been two years ago compared to what it was last night?
Speaker 14: I mean the drive would have been like probably similar, like loud music, just getting in the moat, like the swing of things, but just like less anxiousness, like less like worry about like the outcome like more so now it's just like I'm doing what I can, like no matter what the outcome is, as long as I'm healthy coming out of it, We're gonna be happy. Like it's I'm just happy to be here.
Speaker 11: That's so awesome. It's so great that you know you have that life perspective. A lot of guys say when they get married or have kids, that's what changes their whole outlook on baseball. But yours was a little bit more extreme than that.
Speaker 14: A little bit of a different path there, but everybody kind of gets in the same spot one day or another.
Speaker 11: I thought it was hilarious after the game last night. The first thing you said was they played the wrong warm up music.
Speaker 14: They did, They sure did. And then I've been waiting almost two years for it because I've been excited for the song change, and they dang screwed it up. They screwed it up, but we'll have to We'll have to get it right on the next one, I hope.
Speaker 11: Can you give us a sneak peek on what it was supposed to be.
Speaker 14: Whenever it comes out, we'll have to hear it.
Speaker 7: But right sounds good.
Speaker 11: Hey, before I let you go tonight, Blake Snell's on the mount. Have you had a chance to interact with him during spring training and what have you noticed about who he is as a teammate.
Speaker 8: Yeah, we talked a little bit.
Speaker 14: We talked on the bench for probably two or three innings the other night. I mean, I like picking his brain. I mean, he's been here for a while. He's easy to talk to. Definitely a guy who is very approachable and we'll talk to you about anything.
Speaker 11: You feel like the perception of who he was is not really now getting to know him what he's really about.
Speaker 14: No, I thought the vision that I had of him is pretty spot on.
Speaker 6: All right.
Speaker 11: I feel like people don't realize how smart he is and as far as the IQ of the game.
Speaker 14: Yeah, No, he's very bright in baseball for sure.
Speaker 11: All right. They call it May Day, Today's snell Zilla Day. Dustin May it.
Speaker 3: Is, it is.
Speaker 14: I'm I'm ready and excited to watch him.
Speaker 11: Thanks a lot and man, great to see you on the mound last night at Dodger Stadium starting a game really special and keep it going.
Speaker 14: Yeah, thanks for having there.
Speaker 11: He is dust to May. He has the arms of Los Angeles around him and they'll get the song right next time.
Speaker 7: There he goes dust to May. Brought to you by Travis S.
Speaker 11: Matthew Apparel designed for confidence and comfort no matter where the day takes you. Travis S.
Speaker 7: Matthew has you covered.
Speaker 11: Visit travismatthew dot com and received twenty percent off your first order. When you sign up for email Tim, we'll send it back to you.
Speaker 2: The Love for Snell Israel Dodgers Baseball, of course, brought to you by our friends at Shaky'sizza Parlor, the official pizza partner of the Dodgers.
Speaker 3: Audio broadcast when it's.
Speaker 2: Game night and to group night at shaseys dot Com. Lead you up to first pitch Dodgers and Braves show, Hey Otani Bobblehead Nights on Snell Zilla Day. First pitch at five thirty eight, I'm saying cases World Champion, Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: This is MA Wrongo Casino Dodgers on Deck on your home for the Blue All Season Log.
Speaker 2: It's the Dodgers and the Braves, final game of this series.
Speaker 3: First pitch of five thirty eight.
Speaker 1: And now before the Dodgers hit the Dina, we look at the pitching matchup.
Speaker 2: Present about your Southern California and Toyota dealers. Work hard, in play hard in a New Tacoma with an I Force turbo charged engine. It's a truck built for the bold. See your Toyota dealer today. They make it easy. Bryce Elder on the mound for Atlanta, twenty five year old right hand or fifth round pick of the Braves in twenty twenty out of Texas.
Speaker 3: Hookem.
Speaker 2: Horns made his major league debut in twenty twenty two, was an All Star in twenty twenty three. Last year, ten starts in the Big League's going back and forth from Triple A to the majors two and five with six fifty two ERA in forty six punchouts. He throws a basically five pitches sinker forcing fastball slider. Change of curveball. Started this year in Triple A, but with the injury to Ronaldo Lopez. He gets called up and gets the start tonight. Four career starts against the Dodgers, He's allowed seven runs on seven hits with three home runs In his last start against the Dodgers last season. Blake Snell on the mound one and oh the three sixty ERA. The thirty two year old left hander signed the big deal with the Dodgers in the offseason and free agency. Tenth season in the Big Leagues, his first with the Dodgers. He got the start in the home opener on Thursday, five innings, two runs, five hits, four walks, two strikeouts, but got the win over the Tigers. This is his fifth career start against the Braves. He's zero and two with the two ninety five ERA last faced him last season with the Giants. He went six and a third scoreless sinnings but got a no decision. Dodgers Braves, Blake Snell, Bryce Elder the pitching matchup. We are fifteen minutes away from first pitch. Keys to the game. Our next Tim Kas's World Champion Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: As we were saying yes is Marongo Casino Dodgers on Jack on the official home of La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 2: It's the Dodgers and Braves. Blake Snell, Brice Elder of the pitching matchup. When the boys in Blue playing at home, it's important they have the right plan to protect their house.
Speaker 3: So far, so good.
Speaker 2: They protected the stadium undefeated so far at the Ravine. The same applies to your home. Always have a plan and follow fire safety tips. For example, before setting up a campfire, make sure to get a permit from CalFire and check local restrictions. Know how to properly set up a campfire and extinguish it using the drown, stir and field method. Always have a water supply and shovel nearby to extinguish your campfire. For more about these tips and to find out other ways, visit fire dot CA dot gov. All right, let's tap back out to the booth Steven Nelson, Rick Monday.
Speaker 4: Guys, All right, TC back here with Rick Monday one final time before first pitch MO. We talked about the potentially historic start to the Dodgers if they were to take care of business today and moved a no. And of course you also want to keep pace with the San Diego Patres This is only the third time since divisional play began in nineteen sixty nine that we've seen multiple teams in the same division start a season with at least six wins. This NLS looks like the gauntlet we expected it to be.
Speaker 6: You know, we read about this and heard about it in spring trying to go over in Arizona. The Padres are very determined to make some noise, and that's exactly what they're doing down south meanwhile, making some noise. Blake Snell, the former Say Young Award winner, getting the start of his two hundred and thirteenth of his stellar career and the number two for the Stodger booklet. I mean, I expect really Snell to kind of linking things out as far as the number of innings into night's ball game, question is what about the control earlier on does he give some free passes? He walked for had only two strikeouts in the first time out. But one thing about it, he handles left handed batters exactly well. Not to say right handers hit it well last year just one eighty seven for right handers, but he puts a whole different dimension when he's pitching.
Speaker 4: What we saw against Snell in that home opener. I mean he he had nine base runners against them, MO, but he didn't break his ben don't break right. I mean all five hits formable against the fastball, one against the slider. So when it came to the curve ball and to change up, that's the those who were the pitches that were working for him, and those are pitches that at lant up. Well, I guess they're not really seeing any pitches.
Speaker 6: Well no, but pecially right now thirty percent we're breaking balls if you look at Blake Snell. But one thing about it, he does not hit the panic button. He stays on track. He has a plan, and he trusts the plan for pretty good reason. It's got good stuff.
Speaker 4: He'll be starting opposite Bryce Elder, who was an All Star for Atlanta in twenty twenty three, was just brought up from Triple A Gwinette because the Braves lost Rainaldo Lopez to the injury list for at least the next couple of months. So the right handed Bryce Elder against the lefty Blake Snell. First pitch of this series finale coming up shortly to him back to you, all right.
Speaker 3: Thank you, Nelly. First pitch coming out. Don't forget after the game.
Speaker 2: I'll have all the postgame festivities, including Dodger Talk when this one is over. Dodgers looking to remain unbeaten on this season. Seven to zero? Can they make it eight to no? First pitch is next, Blake Snell on the mound and enjoy it. I'm Tim Kasey is the world champion. Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network